Speaker 1: Call It What It Is with Jessica Capshaw and Camille Luddington, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Well, hello, hello, hello, hello everybody, and welcome to our Part two episode of Call It.
Speaker 1: A Rewatch So nice. We had to do it twice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did. We just did it. We didn't know, we didn't know how long we were going to take, and we were in.
Speaker 1: Yeah we were, yeah, we were really, we're taking this seriously.
Speaker 2: We mean business.
Speaker 1: We're not trifling with you.
Speaker 2: Oh no, we're not. We're not missing around. No. No. For those that are catching up, please go back and listen to our episode that just aired on Sunday, February second. It is our very first rewatch that we rewatch on the pot. And we asked, we asked everybody, the crew what they wanted us to review. What did you want? What's your vibes? And you guys sit for you. I'll take some weed. It takes a week.
Speaker 1: Again, Yeah, I want to get high.
Speaker 2: So we we want to get high with us. And so we started that and and this is part two. So if you need to go back listen, do that first.
Speaker 1: Oh I think it's necessary if you haven't, I actually think I'm debating I'm insisting that you go back and listen, because if you don't, then I mean, just how will this all make sense?
Speaker 2: It's not gonna makes sense.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we left off with, uh, Maggie, Yeah, Maggie and DeLuca and I in the room and we don't have a name for we.
Speaker 2: What we talked about was that you guys were in certain weed jails, right, so you're in you're you're sort of been sequestered to certain areas of the hospital, and you and Maggie and de Luca, way, de Luca are in silent DeLuca silent la. He's I know, but it's so sad and it works or in that room. I don't even know what that do we ever figure out what that real? That's what I just said. I don't know the name I thought. Okay, yeah, we called it.
Speaker 1: So Maggie's standing there with the kind of touch screen body and she's panicking because she's high and she thinks she's lost the patient's liver.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you were talking, you were talking about CALLI and you're a little bit sad about.
Speaker 1: Well, I mistakenly said the name Cally and stuff. Oh yes, and uh, and then that's when we were talking about how it was sort of new for me in my character because I'd never experienced Arizona as being super insecure. But she goes on to say that everyone eventually leaves her, which.
Speaker 2: Is so sad. That is sad? Is it true? Even though that I think it's true, Yeah, in that moment, she felt.
Speaker 1: Like it was true. Well, listen, this would be probably for another day, but you know, it was always very heroic. This was another episode that was asked to be a rewatch. Is when Arizona and Kelly go to court and Arizona actually wins. Well, I mean who wins in this sort of yeah, but the judge technically wins rules in her favor and she technically gets custody of Sophia, and she makes the last minute choice to let Sophia go with Calli, And I always thought, gosh, that's she let her go. How do you oh? That was always such a hard thing for me. Most of the time, I can get on board with storylines, but that one was a little bit like how she let her daughter go. So anyways, this is going back to her saying that everyone eventually leaves her. So I was wondering about the processing of you know, Calli and Penny leaving with Sophia, and my guess is that she did feel pretty left.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Anyways, this is why we're doing the rewatches because we got a deep dot. Now. I'm like, we got to go into that. So yeah, you gotta go there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But so she says, So she says that maybe basically because everyone leaves her, because that's the mindset she's in, you know that maybe that's why she's holding on to Karina so tight. Maybe that's why she's like, you know, she's scared of repeating the past, and so she wants to just keep her, keep her there with you, there with her.
Speaker 2: So I have a question for you, because we're gonna this is what we're gonna do. We're gonna deep, deep, deep dive into these episodes. Do you remember meeting Stefania for the first time? Yeah, yeah, because we.
Speaker 1: Said, remember when we came back, we'd had like a you know, a hiatus break and Eliza Minnick was not returning. I was told that, yeah, And then I was told that there would be this sort of dalliance or what we referred to earlier as a tweeny and that was going to be Stefania, So it was it was, it wasn't. I mean, I should know better. It's great anatomy. I came for three episodes and stayed for ten years, so I should have known that anything is possible. But I really did think.
Speaker 2: I don't even know why.
Speaker 1: I thought she really just was there for like an episode or two. Maybe I thought she had another job or I don't know, but she's so lovely.
Speaker 2: Did you think wows of Browser what a bombshell?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Because if I got to hook up with someone on the show and Stefandi walks in, I'm like, they're like, hi, hello, Hey, Hi hello. I mean she's for people that like don't know her in real life too. She's truly if you have a love interest, you want it to be Stefania, ough and so kind. She's the best. She really is.
Speaker 1: By the way, I think you were going with the sexy vibe, and I said kind, I interjected with kind. But that's because I feel that those you know, I know, I hate, I hate, like bursting the bubble, But those sexy scenes are not all that sexy, Like they're very technical and they're very like, Okay, so we're gonna go here, and your head's gonna go that way and then we're gonna kiss and then yeah, I mean, obviously you want to be overtaken with, you know, some fescione, but it's it's really mostly technical, and that's why you really want someone who's kind and a team player. And that's why there's so much conversation around Well that the the the the making of the job of an intimacy coordinator, right, like someone who comes in and helps you figure out what the dance is. That's what I used to always say, you have rehearsal because it's like a dance.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And she's a dancer, did you know that. Yeah, it's a really good dancer.
Speaker 2: She's a great dancer. She's just elegant. It's almost annoying, do you know what I mean? Like she's almost it's like I needed to calm down a little bit. She walks in, I'm like, what'd you do to your hair?
Speaker 1: But she's too nice to be annoying. She doesn't even actually annoy me anyway. The point is is that you know, this is sort of this was sort of you know, a new love interest for you, and we're discussing it this episode, and in real life, Stefani is like dream casting, yeah, or something like this, and that's why.
Speaker 2: She you know, she's still with us. She's artist the universe now and so beloved. Okay, the next thing we cut to that I really am excited to talk about is that really funny moment there's April Bailey on the couch and Meredith walks in. I think is I think Meredith walks in and they're doing that. Really they're doing They're having a funeral, is what they said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with that very funny thing that they did with their voices.
Speaker 2: So the story behind that that people don't know is at the beginning of every season we would have this conversation that with the writers. We would have a meeting with the writers, and when Krista Vernoff started, another part of that meeting with the writers at the beginning of the season was like, hey, can you tell us any secret talents you have? And I was always like negative.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna say, I don't even remember being asked. She must have known I didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she sensed it from you. She's like, we've seen the musical episode. It's been enough. And but what people might not know is that Sarah Drew was like, yes, I can do this really weird bagpipey thing with my throat, and so she should. I remember her telling me the story that was her special skill that she presented to the writers and then it sort of, oh my gosh, it was something she did and then forgot about, and lo and behold in this episode, they're like, we're gonna use it. We're gonna use I don't even know what you'd call it. It's this like tapping up the throat bagpipe and throat your pipe and the pipes, yep, playing the pipes. You're playing the pipes. And so that's where that came from. That came from this meeting that Sarah Drew had where she was asked about her special skills. And it was perfect because and I really laughed my ass off. Again, Julie is just such a funny writer. But when she said, she's like, I never got to heart bravery. I had a jacks Navy. It's not the same. So funny, but they're having a little they're having a little.
Speaker 1: Funeral yep, for their for their esteem, for the esteem that they had formerly for Marbury Breed. The steam has died. They're gonna bury it and Meredith walks in and and well, but also there's the piece where Bailey reveals that she has her.
Speaker 2: Own secret, Yeah, that she.
Speaker 1: Signed with this manufacturer.
Speaker 2: Yes, a sex toy she signed to. Okay, what's the story behind that again, it's like, produce the Trailblazer. Yeah, they're gonna do. Yes. God, why where did that storyline go? I got he remind me, Meg's gotta we need to bring that.
Speaker 1: Yes, bring the Trailblazer back, the Trailblazer. I I'm surprised you could even do that on television. That happens between nine and ten PM.
Speaker 2: You know what, we're on it. We are on at ten, were on ten to eleven.
Speaker 1: Now that that's true, I guess, yeah, I guess I get after Dark.
Speaker 2: After Meredith walks in and then April tells.
Speaker 1: Her yes, but Bailey keeps talking to her about the deal that she made with the sex company which has this which has items that are similar to her device, and then she says she got the idea when Meredith called it the tail later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's good. This is what we do in Craz's anatomy. We do we do comedy. We do do comedy really well.
Speaker 1: Well, and I just got to Obviously, these are scenes we're not in, so we just got to watch them. I just watched them with deep amusement. And so then we go back to Levi, who's transporting. He's gotten the path pen, he's running through the hallway, he passes through the waiting room, and then that's when he has his crisis. And that, you know, Grays likes to give you a just a double click onto real investment in high stakes because he's looking at you know, this man's beautiful wife and children and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like, well you keep a daddy alive. Yeah, we have to have you run into the to the patients to remind you it's true though. I mean, I think I do like love that Grace does that because a lot of times you're working on somebody in our script and you're like almost you're so deep into the medical that you're forgetting like wait, like who is this person that I'm working on? And they do have a family, and that's yeah, that's doctoring and real.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's there to remind you just how how much you're supposed to care. So then when they go back to you and the O R and you're like, should I shouldn't I should I shouldn't I you have that face, you have that visual of that guy's family and realize.
Speaker 2: I feel like we especially like to do it to interns too. On the show. It's like we really like to drive it home with the interns, like, don't look it up. Yeah, you're not going to fuck it up. The attendants are attendings, are going to save the day, but there's a real possibility that you might kill someone as you're training at Grace Loan, and they like to show you like this is the family, which is why I have to say I don't understand why any patient agrees to be in a teaching hospital. Has no one brought this up because do you okay? For example, I went to Cedars and I'm pretty sure when I was giving birth they were like, hey, there's a crew of kids that want to come in and see is it's okay? And I was like, no, thank you. I'm pretty sure Cedars is a teaching hospital. So when I went to Cedars, I was like, hold up, hang on, are you guys teaching people here? I feel like people don't know until you're in it, right, Like I'm like, I'm not aware and that's.
Speaker 1: Not something you have to sign off on. You don't have to say I'm I'm I'm chill with a student doing this operation.
Speaker 2: I didn't have, you know, the intern class come in.
Speaker 1: You just reminded me of something. I have a friend who went in to have a breast situation okay, and she didn't know. She thought she was just going to the one doctor. And it turns out that they were many doctors. Like she said, when she went in, they were like more than the one doctor. And then she went into the surgery. She had her surgery. She came out and maybe like, I don't know whenever it would be that you'd like see your new boobs. She looked in the mirror and one nipple was like an inch off of the other. She was like going, what, it's not funny, it's not funny. It's very funny.
Speaker 2: Wait, so are you blaming me?
Speaker 1: And it turned out that that the students were working on one boo and the doctor was working on the other.
Speaker 2: You guys can't see my face. I'm like, literally, my mouth is wide open. What I don't think it was an inch?
Speaker 1: She showed She actually showed them to me, and I was like, there was a difference. My point is there was a difference, and it was because it was she found out later that UCLA was see. But I don't get the found out later part. I think you should know that hang on, hang on, hang on a tick here. If one of my boobsd on, hang on a tit here, if one of my boobs has been worked on by the interns and the other by the expert doctor, this boob better be discounted. I want like a I want a ninety percent.
Speaker 2: Off the the the test boob. Are you kidding?
Speaker 1: Like, are you a work in progress boob? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Also, I don't I have so much Okay, we got to get back. I have so many questions about this. My point is is that people I don't think that people are going to Grace Sloan, you know, and then they run into you know, little Joe Wilson or Levi and they don't realize that they might die.
Speaker 1: Sorry, we digress. Okay, these are parts we're not even in anyways. So then Amelia's driving with Alex and Owen and Leo, and then Owen's questioning his whole decision making process and Alex it is.
Speaker 2: So funny in the back He's like, I hate you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna trop I hate you.
Speaker 2: I was trying to figure out because when in these driving scenes, I feel like we rarely do them actually on green screen, and a lot of times we go to Griffith Park in Los Angeles. In way, we drive through Griffith Park, which is an area that kind of looks more Seattle, right, like, we can't drive along Pacific Goa's Highway by the beach, in the palm trees. You're gonna notice that you're in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: I've done that a couple of times. I think I've done it with you.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, the Griffith Park. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we did.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: I was trying to figure out if that was green screen. I couldn't tell, but I have a feeling that was them actually driving through Griffith Park, which is fun because you have a camera right in front of you, hooked onto the hood of the car looking in at you. Any Way, back to Joe Well, said m h more importantly, obviously the most important scene of the show.
Speaker 1: Yep. Yeah, obviously, obviously.
Speaker 2: She's testing the pen. We got to bring the pen back, testing the tent pen. I'm in there, I'm in all the goo and the gunk, and I can figure out that I need to save half her stomach, half his stomach.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but the payoff for him seeing the family comes here, because that's when Levi says, I met the family and I'm not so happy about the fact that this pen is still in a test phase, and I promised them that this guy is gonna be okay. So added pressure, Yes.
Speaker 2: You added pressure. Meritis still not telling me what I should be doing. But then I'm like, you know what, I can save half his stomach and it's a triumph for miss Wilson. Again, I'm not just an in suction this episode. It's pretty badass.
Speaker 1: Yes it is. It's super badass. Then we go back to Arizona and Maggie, who are at another funeral, another funeral for the loverless patient. They're covering up the patient with a sheet and Maggie calls the time of death. I thought this was actually funny. Did you notice that I had my hand over my heart like someone.
Speaker 2: Would oh the national anthem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I decided to do with that. I decided to put my hand over my heart like because because she because she calls time of death and it's like some sort of ceremony, and Arizona's high, so she thinks that it could be like a national anthem moment. Yeah, so that's what's that's why, that's why my hand is over my heart.
Speaker 2: I love that it's a time of death for acute liver disappearance.
Speaker 1: Yep, a cute liver disappearance. And then Andrew's still on the floor imagining Sam. He reaches out. There's that sad moment where there's nothing there and then he starts sobbing, and then we're just kind of like.
Speaker 2: In Acamo is such a good actor, you guys.
Speaker 1: So now we go back to Richard who's taking care of Vic, and this is the moment of truth because he's gonna give little light sedation. But Vic says, what, so where can't do it? Because yeah, this is where he gives it off. He says, well, the light sedation if if whether or not I would interact porly with sorry, if diazepam would interact with other drugs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we're just a dun duny, Vic, you're a gunner, listen. We can't keep the whole intern class. It's like ride a passage.
Speaker 1: No, and you can't do drugs while you're, you know, operating on people. Think about where that boob would be if he was in that surgery, right on your.
Speaker 2: Back, would be on her back. You got a back.
Speaker 1: Boob with that, I got my back boob. Put in the boob on the back. Okay. So now we go to Leo and Alex and Amelia and Owen and they're doing all this stuff, and then Amelia kind of is super sweet and it's like, it's so yeah.
Speaker 2: And I thought I would point out because I realized this because Alex is doing this. I don't know if people know this. So Alex is wrapping this like Teddy Bear on him right, and it it drops right. But I thought it reminded me because Justin wears this huge watch throughout the season, and I don't know if people know why he's wearing that watch. He's not just wearing it as a costume. He's wearing it because he is a tattoo right there in life and it's a quick, easy cover up for him.
Speaker 1: Then he reminds you of how he grew up being a foster kid and tells the story about how you just have to well in his very simple Alex logic. He's like, you just have to give a crap, you got to care, and he talks about the Wan Foster dad who just gave a crap.
Speaker 2: That's really Yeah, there's always Alex always comes in with like the very simple versus age truth. Yes, the same, the simple way of saying it.
Speaker 1: So now we're back to you and you're finishing up the procedure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I've saved his quality of life. Amerethith's like, you know, if Meredith Gray is like you did what I would have done, that you did the right thing and do the right thing, then you are on your way to be cheap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she points out that you knew exactly what to do, but you had to trust yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Joe has a lot of I think, you know what, I think that's not just Joe, it's like all of us on the show. I like that we we have to constantly sort of realign ourselves with trusting ourselves. I think it just, you know, I like that on the show because they are all badass surgeons, even when their interns they are like great and they're amazing, and yes we make mistakes that I think that I just like that that there's an element always where there's some there's some sort of storyline where we have to really lean into the trust.
Speaker 1: But then Meredith has clueless and then Jackson ends up apologizing to his mom for doubting her. And then Meredith comes in and because she's heard about it right from April and Bailey and says, please tell me it's not true, because I worked my whole life for that award and all I've ever wanted is that award.
Speaker 2: And she asks what.
Speaker 1: Harper did, and Catherine says it is time to start telling the truth, and so they did, and then there's that moment where you're like, oh, even higher stakes. Meredith's like, was my mom one of the women? M Catherine's like nope, nope, nope, nope, and then Meredith signs out that that the women were paid for their silence and that they would never know work at a Harbor Avery hospital or enter the Harbor Avery Awards. And then that's when Meredith talks about how her mother fought her whole life for those awards.
Speaker 2: Did you feel like, Arizona, are you kind of pissed that she doesn't have a Harper Avery? Well, again, I don't know if I just really was playing her like the most confident woman in the world. But I feel like she'd be like harpar Avery, smart Bravery. Maybe I actually already have.
Speaker 1: Oh she was just she was always position like one of those people who like graduated high school by the time she was fourteen and like finished med school at twenty one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm just I just on our show. The Harper Avery is the very thing was the thing, right, So I'm just wondering if you ever looked in Arizona's house and so to see if she had a shelf, and you're like, I'm gonna go with, yeah, she had one. Oh she already We got up, whichuld we text Meg? We need to text our show run and just let her give her heads up. Robins has a Harpor Avery.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't even care about it before.
Speaker 2: But hold on because I thought that I thought that this part was very, very good.
Speaker 1: This is where the writers get so tricky and clever. So she's Meredith and Catherine are talking about what the exchange was, right, like what the woman need to do, and it come it's brought up that they could never enter the Harp Bravery Awards, and that's when Meredith has the thought if to ask if Murray Sarone rings a back, yes, right, because ye, she was one of the women. And now Meredith understands that that's why Ellis took Marie's name off the paper, which was a.
Speaker 2: Big story point and seemed so horrible. Yeah, and again this is this is not just this is the beginning of the mess of all of it, right, because it does not this does not get wrapped up in a bow at all this episode. This storyline continues as a big one through the season. And then I wrote down in my notes because it got my little notes saw me that we did an exterior cut, which means that we did a shot of outside. And I just want to explain that anytime we do shots of outside or shots of Seattle, these are these are stock footage that not stock footage, but like footage that we have taken at some point on a trip to Seattle when the film crew has gone right mm hmm is my understanding. And because we film in Los Angeles, so those cuts are not like the phone crew didn't you know, bounce to Seattle just to get this one shot. We have all these sort of saved up. But I will say, because we show a little shot of the hospital, I will say that every time that we do outside scenes, it's super rare that they don't take a hose to the pavement and just wet it down, even if it's not a raining scene. And I remember, like I think it's in this shot too. You'll see the pavements wet.
Speaker 1: That is all.
Speaker 2: We just always, always, always will be walking, especially at night on like a nice wet pavement, so it looks Seattle.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's just rain because it rains all the time.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh, I also put that Meredith says, son of a bitch.
Speaker 1: Why did you put them?
Speaker 2: Because I didn't know that we could say the word bitch on the show. It like shocked me. I was like, wait what, I think it's Meredith's that said it. It's network TV, so you can. Yeah, So I was just I was I have never heard since anyone say bitch. I think I think I've heard.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've heard bitch an ass on network television.
Speaker 2: Ass is not the same as bitch.
Speaker 1: There's a list things. Oh, I don't know, I don't know. I don't know if you could get if you get away with saying like you bitch, but maybe the son.
Speaker 2: Of the bitch.
Speaker 1: Mm so not my bitch.
Speaker 2: Maybe yeah, maybe it's the contact. People don't know this, but like in the movies, sometimes you're only allowed to say the F You're like given a number of times you're allowed to say the F word.
Speaker 1: Well that's for the rating system, which I wonder how much people care anymore. Yeah, maybe not, but you get like one. Otherwise you're like bumped to an R. Yeah, you can see seventeen for ten of them, so you're improvising.
Speaker 2: You have to really watch yourself.
Speaker 1: Oh anyway, eh me way, okay, So now we're back to Vick and Richard, which we weren't there for. But the storyline is the Vix like, I'm in trouble. Oh my gosh, can I please? Can I do surgery again? Will I ever have a Richard says absolutely not because his toxicen came back positive. Even the Victor Night how To eating a cookie and then Vix is half the attendings eight cookies, but Richard says, yeah, they were. They did, and they were honest and they acted responsibility because the problem was not in eating the cookies. The problem was in being dishonest about how to eat the cookies. Yeah, and then you put patients at risk, so you know, back to the move on the back, and then Richard gets rid of them. And then on their way out. Now that you think okay, Jackson and Catherine are gonna they're they're armored up and they're on the same page and they're gonna get out ahead of this story. They look up to one of those little TVs that's in the waiting rooms and it's playing breaking news.
Speaker 2: It's breaking news about the Harper the Harper Avery.
Speaker 1: Misconduct and the Harper Avery of it all.
Speaker 2: It's funny because I saw that and I was like, oh, that actually has we use that little TV. Those TVs, I feel like a running utually the same, like they're on a loop story. They're on a loop. Yeah, they're on a loop. You guys don't notice it, but it's like the same three It's like there's a plot in Seattle, but you know it's always from like nineteen seventy eight. Yeah, and it's it's the same news stories running those TVs that I've seen for like thirteen years, but we actually used it. I want to use it for this is perfect.
Speaker 1: So then it goes back to Arizona and she goes into the lounge to get her stuff. I actually love this because now she's not high anymore and she's confronted all these things that a different.
Speaker 2: Vibration brought to her.
Speaker 1: It's different, a different set of a different perspective. And when Karina comes in, I thought it was so sweet. She was almost like that she waited for. And then she's you know, she offers her a ride home, and Arizona's so happy, and then created it's like boll I wouldn't leave without saying goodbye, and then they kid it's cute.
Speaker 2: But I gotta tell you, I was watching the scene and I had forgotten, you know how this storyline all goes in this episode, and I was expecting you to break up with her. Oh yeah, I was waiting for a moment of almost like things are too com like I'm too complicated right now, like I got to figure out my own stuff. And the fact that you said Callie's name, I was expecting her to come in and you have that conversation. So I was actually surprised by the kiss.
Speaker 1: I think she was. My take on it was that she was confronted with an alternate reality of being revisiting being left and not having someone, yeah and all that, and she was really grateful to have someone. Drugs were off, She didn't want to be alone, she wanted to be with someone, and I think she was grateful to have someone.
Speaker 2: Waiting for her. Yeah, yeah, no, I just I think it could have gone. It's one of those interesting moments as an audience member because like it could maybe go both ways, and sometimes you really don't know, and that well, and that's what's fun because I was like, oh, with the breakups and they're like, oh my god, they're kissing. Oh, she likes, okay, great, we're back on. We're back on.
Speaker 1: Oh where do we back on?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, we're back on. Okay, great, good, good good, Yeah.
Speaker 2: We're back in business. I did laugh at this moment. We go to Amelia and Owen's house and she's packing. Amelia's packing up a baggie of snacks for Alex to take home and gives them to Joe like Joe's his mom.
Speaker 1: Which is really funny.
Speaker 2: It's really funny. It's very funny. And again Amelia and Owen, I gotta say they, I mean, Katerina and Kevin. They've great chemistry because it's a party.
Speaker 1: She was staying when she was like, oh, I guess i'll go now, and he's like, oh, the baby's asleep.
Speaker 2: Of course she was staying. Yes, she was gonna stay. But I was like, what are you gonna stay?
Speaker 1: Stay?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I know, I know, And I did have some intrusive thoughts that were a little judgmental. You want to hear what they were, Yeah, tell me. I was like, wait a second, Owen, you signed up for this, and you signed up for this on your own, right if you weren't, you're not part of a couple, you don't have a partner, And then when you find out it's really happening, you call your lady friend who it's little complicated with that feels like a tether to you, and like, of course she's gonna stay. It's a baby.
Speaker 2: In Owen's defense, he signed up for it, but he could have gone any age, right, So I think he probably wasn't thinking like a baby, baby, baby, But it's it's that's what you're right, That's what he signed up for, and that's and he got the baby.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 2: But I I don't know the chemistry between those two is so good that you're a kind of like, where is this?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Fine?
Speaker 1: Oh fine, whatever, okay. So then they cut a leo and then they go to Andrew, who is downing go to gold a glass of water and lying down on the couch at Meredith, and then Maggie covers them up with the blankets. The end of the high everyone's come.
Speaker 2: Back to normal, I know, and she's got that cheese born yep.
Speaker 1: And Maggie has found out about the Harper Avery too, and then Meredith tells her Jackson didn't know, and the Meredith reading her mom's journal again and she doesn't know what to do.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not surprised. I gotta say, I'm not surprised that the fans picked this episode. There's so much going on, and I forgot because I remember all the funny moments, but I forgot like that the Harper Avery part of it. We might damn good TV over at Graze now, I mean, come on, I mean it really does deserve a rewatch. M hm, no doubt. I mean, this is why when Jessica and I meet people, they come up to us in you know, real life on the street and stuff. They all it's rare that someone's not like I've watched every season five hundred times and I get it. Oh, because I was sucked in and we were in it. I was like, where is this going?
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 2: I think that they also, I think this episode might have been chosen because not.
Speaker 1: All the time that the show really makes use of the whole cast, Like a lot of times they'll be, you know, just concentrate storylines on this person or that. Yeah, I think that everybody uses them, and in this particular episode really truly, Yeah, almost everyone is used.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everyone's own individual. Yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I think you get like a real sense of the community. I mean, that's what's so interesting. Oh, I might be saying something controversial, guys saying something controversial my friends. You know, the show wasn't always called Grey's Anatomy. When the show was first made as a pilot, it was called Surgeons. The show was never actually intended to solely revolve.
Speaker 2: Around a one surgeon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. It was meant to be about you know, the whole the whole shebang, the whole ensemble. So Gray's Anatomy was originally called Doctors. That's a very simple title. Then it was called Surgeons, and then finally it was called Complications. So it had a couple of names, but none of them was great. None of them were Grey's Anatomy, and obviously Grey's Anatomy singled out one of those doctor's Surgeons or Complications. And I think my point in bringing this up is that I while Meredith Gray is absolutely you know, I think as as people know the show, the central character in in the in the series, I don't know it's really an ensemble you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't think it's controversial. I think that that's that's always No, I think it's controversy.
Speaker 1: Is it not contro osh, So it's not controversial to say that I actually don't think that it completely revolves around Meredith Gray. I think that it actually has always been an ensemble show.
Speaker 2: No, because I think that that's there are I can think of TV shows like Mayor of East Town and you're really seeing almost all of it through say Kate Winslet's point of view right on the show. There's a lot of point of views on this show. And then I so I think that it I think what you're saying is creatively correct. Yeah, because it's not just from her pav Yeah, I mean like we're seeing it from sort of everybody's well, this is and this is a great example of an episode that does that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it feels like it's really an ensemble. It's not just and I think that maybe that's I'm just throwing it out there. I think that maybe that's why it might be. You know, one of the favorites is that it's that it's very inclusive of all the different characters. No, I mean you and I get to, you know, be around people all the time who are super fans, and I always love hearing from them which characters they feel the you know, that they see themselves in, or that they that they find the most amusing, or that they are just so inspired by, or they think is you know, just they're in awe of and and everybody has different favorite characters. So the ensemble part of it gives some thing for everyone. There's like a there's a there's a there's a hook for anyone and everyone that loves a show.
Speaker 2: I also think, though, what was really smart about having some of the doctors take weed cookies or eatweed cookies is that everyone had to sort of drop. Everyone was forced to drop their any sort of holding any cards close to their chest, and they're just like raw everyone's viewing raw honesty, right, Like everyone's just saying exactly what that's on their mind and the moment. And there's a lot of times that the characters don't don't want to do that for good reason, and so it sort of was a great way to expose exactly where everyone's mindset was at m hm. Super smart. We have the smartest writers. I'm biased, but like we we have the best, Julie, we have the best. Well, first off, I think we have to do we do have to discuss whether we have ever had a weed cookie. I'm gonna say this right now. And by the way, it's legal in California, and it's also legal in Seattle, which is why we did the episode. I have never had an edible out of fear of my life. I had a friend that took I had this story of a friend that had eaten what she thought was a small piece of a b and it was like half a brownie and she didn't realize how much was in and she literally thought she was dying. There was a whole situation where she had to knock on her neighbor's door and say, like, I think I'm dying. You need to call nine one one.
Speaker 1: That would be embarrassing when they got there.
Speaker 2: It sucks. It sucks so bad. So no, I've never even had an edible, So it's not my jam. No judgment on anyone who's whose jam it is, But no, I'm too scared.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've got a little anxiety around it, like you think it's not gonna go.
Speaker 2: Well, and yeah, yeah, I think it's gonna go horribly. I think I would be the person that would be running down the street screaming that I'm dying from.
Speaker 1: Like one bummy usually the profile of THHC and how it affects you, but I all.
Speaker 2: All the power to you.
Speaker 1: That would be me. You would I given like, Oh.
Speaker 2: It's not like.
Speaker 1: It's not a stimulant. I don't think right, But I think that there's a point where you could get my friend, your paranoia.
Speaker 2: Yes, you get high, and then it's like it's not like if you get drunk, you know, like, Okay, I gotta drink a lot of water, I'll eat some food, I'll sleep. It's like if you're too high, I don't know what you do if you're too high, it's hard to roll it back. You gotta you can't, and you don't know how long it's gonna last. There's no rollbacks. There's no rollbacks. You gotta see it in. That's gonna give me anxiety. That's going to give me anxiety too. I will think that I'm dying. Yeah, you're so. This is not for us, is the point.
Speaker 1: But I'm really really happy for anybody who it's fantastic for. I have loved watching rewatching. I'm so. I'm actually really psyched that this was something that it was technically work for me. I know we're going to do another one. Please hit us up with whatever is you know, we'll tell you what the second, the second most popular option was, but maybe we'll throw it out to you again before we actually do one, to make sure that it really is the one that you want to talk about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and at some point we may have you know, guests from the episode on so that they can sort of give us some of the intel do a rewatch with someone. Yeah, you guys, this is very exciting to us. Thank you for listening. Again, Hopefully you didn't listen to this and not this one first, but if you did accidentally, go back, listen to the other episode and tell us what you want us to do next.
Speaker 1: Yes, please, yes please. I have loved spending this time with you, and for now I think we should call it Please and thesisode