Speaker 1: He is drinks chess, motherfucking podcast man. He's a legendary Queens rapper. He ain't agree as your boy in O r E. He's a Miami hip hop pioneer. Put up his DJ e f N. Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players you me and the most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drinks chans mother Postcavery Days New Year. See listen, It's time for drink champions. Drink up, motherfuck? Would it good be? It should be? This is your boy n A O N A A. What up is d J E f N? This MILITEPA crazy World radio mix? Sure? Now, I just listened to this brother album this morning. I can't believe how great, how refreshing, how we're fine, how much powerful it sounds. Sounds like like like him himself belongs in the era of the nineties, but the music that he made right now is right now. Like I'm listening to this album, I'm like, Wow, this is an album was an ep EP because it's seven songs. I wanted to say thank you, but I wanted to let you get it on ok so Yo. I'm listening and I'm like, Yo, this is real hip hop. This is really what we need. You know what I mean this? This brother is a lyrical genius. He's a bar for ball. No one can fuck with him. He's a he's a legend, and he came in through this game to a legend, and we're gonna salute him. We won't give him his flowers today because this year is something that we got to talk about. Thank you. In case you don't know who we're talking about, come up to one. The only motherfucker I appreciate at that bro. The album is like that ship is that shit is something like I was like, we were just sitting there like this, like I ain't been like we ain't been quiet like this, and the album come on, like right, So how did you make that? I took my time, man, you know what I'm saying, a lot of time, you know, I'm more trying to be consistent, but with this one, me and my brother Sean too, Man, I really took my time. I probably was working on it, no bullshit for like a year and a half, and not because it took that long, but I wanted to take baby steps, you know what I'm saying, And what I like about it is. Honestly, I say that this project is the best one of my projects ever was ever received by the people. Right. Sometimes when you created, you see a certain way and then when you put it out, they'd be like, huh right, the envision did they didn't get together it for us. But this ship, like it really resonated with the people. Man, you know what I mean? So here you say that men not okay. So, so now let me ask you that question again. Is this considered that EP or this It's definitely seven songs because it's sure, it's five, it's five and a bonus, you know. Okay, So I would say it's an EP slash short film though, Okay, So I wanted to do something that was never done before. You know what I mean when I when I did it like that? Okay, damn, I'm doing a short film too, So I want you to. But you know what, Let's let's let's get it out the way right now. Right let's go. Let's let's break down each song. I'm I'm gonna ask you and let's break it. Let's break it down. Okay. First of what's the name of the album. The name of the album is bars On Wheels, Bars on Wheel A journey to save hip hop. Now listen, listen to me before we get into this. If you're a person that love, here's what's good about this. It's not just bars. You pick the right fucking beasts. Like I'm listening to this ship and no bullshit, I'm not trying to glaze you, but no bullshit. I've listened to the beats and I was like, yo, Pap could have probably picked beats for me and ma beat back. Then that's how all these beats sounding. We're going with the lyrics, but let's go Okay for Speed, Yes, need for Speed is the opening track, you know what I mean. So you got to remember the audio is very consistent with the visual. So in the opening scene, you see me driving in the Rose Royce and you know, I mean, of course, my producers in the back seat. So I'm bringing back that that I want to say, I'm bringing it. I want to say I'm bringing back because you know a lot of people don't do it here and there, but artists and producer like really in the studio together, really working together, really getting that chemistry. So you see my brother Sean two in the back seat, and I mean he doing the beat and yes, okay in the visual individual to Need for Speed were in the Rose Royce and were in the double lof eventually the police pull us over. You know what I'm saying. So it's basically self explanatory. Man. You know, if you if you follow me on Instagram over the years, you always see me wrapping in the car. And then you got certain people going to comments you know how it is. They're like, Okay, he's spend five, but where he's going? You know what I'm saying. So I'm want to I'm on the journey to save hip hop. So that's what That's how this project was birth. So Need for Speed is just to open the scene to that of me me driving and I got the need for Speed because you know, nowadays it's just the way hip hop is going. You know, I don't. I don't really like it, damn. So there is some good ship in hip hop. Absolutely, we got who we got? Do we name people or we can move on? We can't. We got some good people. What a lot of people. It's not just artists either, man.
Speaker 2: Remember, I think when we have these conversations about hip hop, we just talk about just the MC's or the rappers, and there's so many different facets and elements to hip hop that we forget everything else.
Speaker 1: Hip hop is not just talking.
Speaker 2: I'm saying like there's the graffiti artists, the DJs, the breakdances, like there's a lot of people that go unmentioned when we.
Speaker 1: Have these conversations.
Speaker 2: Hip hop is in a good place or a bad place, right, you know what I'm saying, right, of.
Speaker 1: Course, Well it's five elements, you know. I mean, case Ling told us that, right, So it's not just wrap one hundred percent right about that. But that's why I always also wanted to incorporate my producer, you know what I'm saying, equally as incorporated myself being rock. Yeah he did through the whole time, through the whole visual. You see him there with me, you know what I mean. Okay, So now so the Big Three, Yes, the second joint, we get pulled over by the police. You know what I'm saying. So the Big Three another track that self explained it to me. You know what I mean? You got they say that the Big Three? Who's the Big Three? And guin these guys pause? Yeah, well okay, okay, Well yeah, it's a line in there where I say, you know, it's Kevin Garnet, ray Allen and who else? Poor Pierce, And then it was I believe they even Lebron and them right Lebron, Wade and Bosh and Bosh and so it's a lot of it right well. And it's a line in there where I say, I respect the Big Three, but they're like kids to me. I've been nicer to know these niggas since Big was three. So that's that's the line right there. You know what I'm saying, Like it kind of speaks for itself, the Big Three, you know what I mean? Right right there? Boom And then you saying that, you say in the Big Three, you said you can't return once you cross burn the bridge? Absolutely, man, it's no coming back that Yeah. A lot of times, man, you know, people cross you and you know, they think the grass is greener and they get over there and it is greener because it's fake, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, that's right aft. And when when they realized that, then they try to come back, they try to bust that. You turn and it's like, nah, okay, you know what I mean. So that's what that's what that's about but the entire project. If you pay attention, it's me on the journey to save hip Hop. So when I get pulled over, the police come to the car, Hey, you know, why are you pulling me over for driving while black? He goes on, I tell him about you. I got an injured man in the back seat. That's hip Hop. So I'm taking hip Hop to the hospital. You know what I'm saying, Yeah, yeah, yeah, you got So this is the concept. You know, I get pulled over. I'm on my way to take hip Hop to the to the hospital because it's injured. He pulled me over, he locked me up, and now you see me in the cop car. That's the second track. The third track, the paramedics come transport hip Hop to the hospital. I'm driving a paramedic truck. You know what I'm saying As I'm driving the paramedic truck. Eventually we go to the to the robbery scene where in the process we're trying to get money to finance our rap careers. So we ended up, you know, hijacking the Brinks truck. It's a short film. Now you see me driving the Brinks truck doing that track. The next track is the hearts hip hop passed away? Couldn't save it? You know what I'm saying, which is a fetanold hold one hold on, You're going through fast because fronting off. Yes, as soon as I heard that, I immediately got the feeling of I gave you power like you know that. You know what I'm saying. This is a metaphors right right Boa, How did you come up with that? A lot of if you look at at our culture, men, a lot of the young artists and just a lot of the younger generation, they losing their lives to feed, you know what I'm saying. So I feel like all of these different things contributed to the demise of hip hop as well, but also the demise of our people and just us as a people. You know what I'm saying. So if you listen to the song, I named a couple of people, a couple of young artists and a couple of individuals, Mat Miller, you know who loft their lives to fetanoel Damn. I can't remember who else I did. I did Mac Miller, I did my God well, Coolio Coolio, I did mac Miller, I did Coolio, I did that the actor I can't remember his name right now. I broke down his story as well, But you got to listen to it, man, And I'm just breaking down how you know a lot of people losing their lives to fetanol, how dangerous and how serious that ship is. Man. Now you said something in the song that you said even and we find and all could be in there. Oh yeah, but I thought findon was the white ship. Man. It comes to it. They putting it, They're putting it in a lot of different things, and we don't know it. That's why you gotta be careful. Like the red number die. You know that the ship food. Yeah, man, it's worse, way worse, twenty many times worse than that. And the ship is dangerous and a lot of people don't know they slipping it in there. Next thing, you know, you know what I mean, You got a bet situation, all right, and some.
Speaker 2: People doing it on purpose too, all right, they actually do fending off all right, exactly crazy, which is real crazy, playing with your life. So that track is about that man just creating a weirdness about you know, how fat noise deshowing a lot of lives. Okay, Now the next one I said, what I said, yeah, definitely, man, another joint man, self explanatory, just breaking down. Man, I'm an executive, back to back business moves consecutive positive by everything you doing is negative. My residence is on the throne where all the legends live. Is evident that you reside where all the peasants live. Never give to the ungrateful what is imperative. Don't appreciate it because they don't got no respect to give. Some say family ain't everything, but yes it is. The lesson is it don't make us family just because we relatives.
Speaker 1: On the noise. Man, Okay, chill back, no chill button. Man. You know anybody who know me? Man, I've been doing this for a long time. But when they put the lights on me, and they shine that light on me, I said black love. What I'm saying, I come from the street. But when when when he really paid attention to me? I represented black love, man, which is black empowerment, which is everything about us as people. But once you cross that line, you get a different version of me. And I don't got no chill, but I'm gonna go in. So so that's what that song is about. What I'm saying, it's about getting pushed that limit. Now now I don't got no chill button. Okay Green count Green, we getting no No, I was spoken at the Okay count Green, we getting money. Man, it's the better day. Man. We eat and we're doing good out here. You know what I'm saying. Shout the shout to Win Records, man, shout to my Win Records family. Man, we're getting a lot of money.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Now that's on Tom call. No okay, no, so so explain that before we cant Green. Yeah, well there are you still yeah? No, no, no more okay, no son doing moved on? Okay, I Win Records, Win Records, Yes, w w Y yes, yes, like the hotel and Vegas. Well he might he might come at you. No he can't. He can't. Man. We we we've been incorporated a long time. When I see that, I can see that now my Win Records family. Man, we're doing a lot of big things. Man. We do a lot of concerts. A lot of the concerts you see. You might not know what it's us. All right, Okay, you know what I mean. We did Legis at the West Uh. We did some concert down in Hawaii. We had the Mally's and a bunch of people down there too, where you are. Africa. We did we did some tours down in Africa and we're doing a lot of big things. We just did the big deal with my lady, Clarisa Shills with teams. That was the leading promotions. You know what I'm saying. She got that eight million dollar deal. So I was able to make that happen. Man, just let you know. I'm just letting you know. You know what I mean. I see our guest hosts came in the building. He gonna be our guest hosts. Grab yeah, grab cheer Yeah yeah. How's you got the mic? Then that's crazy over there. That's what's up man already still can't you well over there? Ye yeah, yeah, that's about to say that. Given extra, let's do what you know. You're good. I'm telling man's Brian and my huh yeah, man, my man over here a mother Connecticut. You called me last you can make it to drinks doing that. I'm doing the bird help me, he said. See that's how you know my you know, we started at one. Didn't get in there. What I told me was said, yo, Pap Pop coming through. I said, no, I'm I'm jumping on the bird on the So all right, so I I just want to reiterate that. So you dropped this project on your own label. I dropped it on Win Records, but I'm actually an executive at Win Records. Okay, now, is that so Win has distribution as well? Is it a one stop shop or they have no no empire? No, no, no empire. We actually distributed it's Win Records distributed through United Masters. Okay, I'm over there. Yeah, that's his that's his movement. Yeah, okay, So we actually distributed this project over there, and we wanted to do it like that because we wanted to take a very unique approach. Like I said, it's a short fum. It's not just about the EP. I mean, music is my passion, but I just wanted to really give them a visual of myself on the journey to save hip hop. Okay, now, it's one of my favorite questions. You know what I'm going you know, one of my favorite questions the major Look, you got a chance to do both and you was on Job Records with that big budget. That's the fact. I remember that was the biggest movement in the hip hop, but it in the room where it was the truth like, you know what I'm saying. I believe Buster was a part of that. Yeah, Yeah, Buster was locked in with Yeah, we all came together. Chris Lighty, Chris Lighty violated. Obviously, you got a chance to deal with the majors. You got a chance to deal with the Independence. I'm not gonna lead the witness. I'm gonna tell you what I what I but what do you prefer? Independent? I know I just wanted to change. Oh no, I still I still stick to it, you know what I'm saying. Like the majors, you know, I like the major different type of major doesn't even exist exist no more. You was happy with them from the era the major Buster romes, he said around he wait for a distributive deal, like even though he's super indipend it right now, like he's like, we're scarred, man, Like you know what I mean, Like they just don't want to set want to go back to the Like, man, I think I think if Independent is done right, you know what I'm saying, it could feel like like a major. You know what I'm saying. What made me, you know what made me really respect the independent game when I started with Tech Now, that's when I seen the kind of bread they made. They killing that. So hold on you since silly prefer independence, tell me about because you got first of all, you got freedom. You don't got nobody sitting in the office. You got to bring the music. Could you imagine me bringing balls on wheels to the office. We need a radio record. They would they would have turned me around like you got you got creative control, You got your own freedom. And you know old boy, yeah, man, oh boy, they just got he was you know they was, they were doing us cool. You was a boy, he Bro, he Bro, I want to get straight into the wing like damn being packed some drinks yea at the same time. And so we both we knew what it was like during that erar to mixtapeund now she was not making me naive right now, because I'm gonna be honest with you, I have never suffered the wrath of he Bro like I have never if there was a wrap, I'm not. I'm not accusing him of something. You know what I'm saying. You haven't come on, come on work, But I swear to God, so like hearing you say that just now, you made a face. I hate what happened. I was gonna yeah, yeah, I seen your.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: At the point, I was like, I'm killing this motherfucker like got I wasn't it was that bad because you gotta look at it like this, right when you work something something your whole life. I've been rappings how ten years old, working my whole life, not even really to get a deal at first. But then once I was like, damn, I'm good at this shit. I started imprisoning my whole bed. Stay off of the ship. I'm in there rapping this time. I'm getting through my time. So I'm like damn, I thinking I'm good enough to really make something happen. I come home. I'm bumping in the pack in front of High ninety seven. We're like you, I was here first outside case later come that wait for anybody to give up. I was talking to two tone. He's like, yo, remember you sold me your CD in Crown Heights and ship you came up and you came here and sow men the CDs. So me and me and son had the same ground. So we try and try and work on our ass to get a deal. We finally get here and the nigga could just come sweep all that shit from under the ruck because he's in the position of power. I was on Atlantic. They are radio driven label. If you banned from the radio, they not gonna put a penny. Once the nigga bamed me, they said, we're not investing another cent. That's crazy. And me and Ebro was friends. I'm calling this nigga like, please, man, this is my shot or my whole life to get here. I got a j Z record in it can We're gonna make the record look like it's blowing up so bad Jay jumped on. We had the whole rollout, just Blade saying when that nigga bamed me, just stopped picking up the phole nigger niggas crash out and they ready thought I was a crash out already, so it made him look like, Oh, this niggas just a fuck up. We ain't gonna invest no money in them. I'm like, yo, e bro, But nobody got hurt, nobody got shot, nobody, no police came. Why the fuck would you ban me for right? Yeah, nigga says, it's my policy. My g that's crazy. Now, how about you. My kids saved that nigga life. Now, did you have as a discrepancy with Hebro. Listen, man, my thing is this man, It's no secret that it was real challenging getting music played, whether you hot or not. I mean I'm talking like you could be on fire, and getting records played was just like some fuck. We always going on like it's it's videos to me up there telling he Bro like, Yo, you know, when I'm in the South, I hit South artists right, and I'm on the West, I hear West artists when I come to New York. You know what I'm saying, gumbo, So so you know a lot to you. I've been hearing Miami step it up. But ahead, I'm sorry, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, but nah, I mean definitely, I don't think it should have been like that. I do think New York City would have been in a better place if it was, you know, if we was letting the people dictated instead of the politics dictate. Who you know, who gets that fish shot? Like like Sagon was saying, you know what I'm saying, get a moment. At one point, we were so being denied I can't say it was Ebos for it, but we were so being denied New York getting played on New York stations that New York artists started to try to sound that's what happened to the South. They tried to start to act like what's happening. You agree with that? Yeah, I agree with that. You agree. And it's funny because Rosenberg, they just Rosenberg is posted something. He's saying, Oh, ween't fuck up New York hip hop and fucked up when niggas start trying to copycat, trying to he said that one motherfuckers trying to sound like the South and started trying to. I'm like, because dudes felt like they had to make them kind of records to get on the radio. So the dudes started feeling like, damn, oh, they're playing a bunch of ship, they playing Nelly, they playing all these these records that not from our region. So maybe we got to switch our little drawl and our ship to start doing collaborations with dudes from out because we felt like that's what we needed to do get on the radio. Because that's the I think. I think. I think they was playing it for so long that when a younger generation came up, that's only her now. That's what drill is, so they't have a chance to get inspired by you know what I'm saying, what does that What is it called drill? That's one I think that's one of the styles on them. So that's what it's kind of like New York trap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like but but there's also the side of the pendulum swinging the whole way the other way, because the South and other regions felt they couldn't penetrate in New York at all, So it felt like it went all the way to the other side.
Speaker 1: You know what you mean when you say couldn't couldn't I mean, I don't want to use that word. You other regions.
Speaker 2: The mecca of everything hip hop industry and culturally was New York.
Speaker 1: Has always been New York from the birth to when you'll started hip hop. So what I'm saying so I felt like, Bro, this is I'm gonna be honest and everybody know, I just debate. Let's go. Everybody know I love every every city, every state. I traveled freely, you know what I'm saying. But and not all places, but some places they kind of mad at us because we created hip hop. No, but nobody part of it. I always say, I don't know, because he's created hip hop. That's a different man. That's probably the reason why. But you didn't let me. Let me just finish right, And I want to tell y'all, it's not our fault.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: Like niggas is like mad at New York niggas. It's not like you know what I'm saying. And because they mad what the executives digit them. I think they kind of mad because at one point of time, since hip hop started in New York City, and it's a beautiful thing that everybody do it everywhere now, but at one point in time, they had to look to the city for hip hop, they had to look and they kind of felt like they were taking a back seat. I don't really know. Let me rebuttal to that, I think I don't. I don't think that's the case.
Speaker 2: I don't think people were mad because it started in New York because if you think about it, everybody that was hip hop from everywhere they went on a pilgrimage to New York.
Speaker 1: We all would go to New York. As a DJ, I would go drive.
Speaker 2: At sixteen drive all the way up to the East Coast, all the way to get to New York to buy records.
Speaker 1: I saw people from all different states and cities doing that. I don't think that was the case.
Speaker 2: What it is that the industry, a lot of the industry was there because that's where it started. So the culture in the industry was there, so in order to get deals, to get signed, you had to go through there.
Speaker 1: So a lot of the A and R.
Speaker 2: I would full them, No, it's not your it's not your fault, always told them it's if there was an.
Speaker 1: Artist for so why do they hate because of that? A long time? Give me example of hate my nigga, my nigga, pirst of all all that timberling jokes. It is hate my niggat comedy. But I'm just saying it's hate disguise that's coming. You know. He had to hate the man.
Speaker 2: People clowning on the South and because it's nobody was clowning listen, calling people country it was happening.
Speaker 1: I don't like that, nah, bro, I'm telling you man, niggas is mad because of the pop started them. I don't think tell you man, I don't think that's telling you. It was always like a disconnect with down South from New Yorkers. Because I seen the dude the other day. He was like young Joe was better than rock kim I said this nigga smoke like I'm like, yo, he's smoke. Okay. I like the guy. He's better, man better. But by the way you comparing apples the arms. Even back then, back in the day, there was a disconnecting. But aside from music, like when we used to come down, like we all have family in the South, Black family in the South. So when we would come down here we was young. They look at us like we was from the future type ship. You know what I'm saying, Like, yah, that's another thing to yo, yo, what the is those niagas or what's the new music or because not to say they were slow with you know, New York is New York City, city in the world everything. So back then, I think once they got on once they once once, once the South started rocking, they was like, yah, niggas now he said the South to say everywhere everywhere people from the ship with the Wests literally said when I say the niggas like yeah, they't make it all better. Yeah, Camp did the interview your New York niggas go everywhere they think they they think they whatever the he said, niggas running with that ship. We should have never said that boy, like, come on, man, they gotta stop hating this man, let us live. Man. Yeah, man, you know, listen, bro, we can't we can't say it. We just said it ourselves, right. A lot of the artists that was coming up would sounded like they was from where out of New York right right, So we love the South, bro, we embrace y'all. Man, but don't be mad at us because hip hop started, you know, not for real. So like, I don't agree with that. We love, we love you. Just see like I like future music, and I'm saying I like t I I bump a lot of South audists. You know, I'm saying, like I funk with their music. So again, it goes back in reverse.
Speaker 2: If you listen to a lot of the artists in the late eighties early nineties from anywhere else, they were all trying to sound like New York art.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm gonna tell you like this right now, the artist right now was well, listen to your project though. You see how I said, this is a breath of fresh air. This so it's lyricol the beast is doing it. A lot of people they it's so fucked up in the music business, right now I see people frowning upon lyricism. They're like, oh, like what They're like, Yo, the facill he's running like I like, and I'm like, yo, we fucked up? Man, Like like when they when they justing lyrical and people ain't stepping up because when you saw this in Liverpool, that shit has no geographic to it. Well everybody artists everywhere, right, I tell you what what I think, man. I think like when when sayon going to poost is on top poles, Like what I mean, bro, A lot of niggas ain't gonna have jumps because they need the ball to be low. They needed not to be teaching through the music, not to have concepts, not to have lyricism. Like you said, I was reading the fake pretend like they hating on the livers. But niggas consume music different because that NAS album right now, NAS and Primo album. I'm like just saying the album you're gonna get on one listen. Niggas sit down listening to some ship one time like oh it's trash or it's a classic, or they have music work. Man, you got to sit there and digest that ship. I ain't up from my first listen I was like, I don't know, man. Then I went back. I said, nah, this is nas in Primo. Maybe I'm missing something. I listened again. By the fourth listen, I was like, this might be one of my tops like this. That's why I'm like, we don't we consume music different than these? They first time mother fuckers know the words of the whole song. We're here in it once because it's so simple. It's a it's a catchphrase or huck something simple, something jingle to catch on to. Niggas had to push that pin. Back in the day, you had to go push them. Nigga had to be like ooh ah when you rap.
Speaker 2: You guys, don't think that the labels had a hand in dumb and down the music, because of course now you have less talented artists that you could cycle out whenever.
Speaker 1: We get the ring the ring tone ship took us to put us oute of this, I would say, But I would say it was artists following artists. Like if an artist see that, I mean, how many different versions of a record you would hear like, oh okay, utter something, another record would sound just like it, and another label that was illegal back just the hip hops, When did that become cool though. Yeah, but you know what it is when uh and I probably had something to do with this, like when you have people like Paral like giving me like super Doug and then oh no, it didn't sound the same, but you could tell that was the same producers in that area that I think mister Cool had a record, and then j Z had a regular sounding just like it that time, you know what I'm saying. So that's like back in the day. Remember I got the power Ship Niggas the same concepts though even came and stepping, and they still didn't sound like each other. And then that's one thing about back then, anybody sounded different. Like eighties, you have to come with your own style. Do you think you belong in the nineties, Like you know, if you could pick yourself where like let me replace my music, what era, what era? Where ever? Would you pick? Oh yeah, I would have definitely came and yeah, yeah, I was. It seemed more authentic, you know what I'm saying. It was cool, substance was there. Everything was did I like y'all just having mad fun? We checked the wein checked the budget. If we're going you have to be with you, right It was. It was dope crazy. I thought about this the other day, and ship the dmxans is just check into a hotel room and just smoke a bobie. You know, you know I fouled that ship is now smoke a cigarette DM Mexicans crazy. But you gotta you gotta actual record dedicated to d MX. Yeah I did. What made you do that? Man? I met x a couple of times. Man, you know, I mean, solid individual, and it was just a sad situation. Man. So I honestly, I just want to distribute him and show them some love. Okay, that's what you didn't include him in the fence and all record? No, I didn't, Okay, I didn't. I didn't even know that that's what happened to him. I don't know neither I was fishing right now or not. I didn't put him in there now. But yeah, recipes to XO. So let's let's describe your relationship with case Slay. Yeah. I think I believe I spoke to you the other day, and I want to get into this too. I believe you said you and Bust have never had an argument. No, we didn't, And I don't know if you said you and Kate had an argument. Of course, I used to argue all the time. Before we get into the argument's let's talk about the beginning. How did you meet? Oh yeah, it's a long story, man. All I say is I was in a space of my life at that particular time. It wasn't really a good space, and I knew that I had to make a decision if I wanted to do music, which is something positive, or go to negative route, and I just would have been sucked up, you know what I'm saying. And I decided. And at that time, you wasn't getting in the game. If you wasn't on Rockefeller, Murder Inc. Or rough Rider, you just wasn't coming in. That's all you heard. But one day I was listening to the radio and I heard this this dude on the radio and he was playing new artists on the radio. I couldn't believe it when he's saying street slocking, Yeah, he was just doing this ship and I'm like, oh shit, this nigga. Did he just play somebody outside of one of those entities I just named. So I'm like, yo, I got to meet this dude. So I always kept that in the back of my mind and you know, I was in the street at the time. I found myself in a bad situation, and I said, Yo, when I get out of this situation, I'm going to meet that dude. You know what I'm saying. I looked up at the address HIG ninety seven, and I went up there and waited for him outside the radar. Yeah, I went up to the did I recorded a CD? Bro? I recorded, I think it was seven tracks. I had a mic in one hand and a gun in the other hand, and I recorded. I used to sell it out my trunk. But I went to the radio and I just waited for slave Bro. I looked at what time he came out, you know, I mean, I think I probably looked him up in the fellow page. You had a CD in one hand and a gun on the on the cover. Oh, I think you take the CD or you get what you want. The name of the CD was in war. So I recorded, you know what I'm saying myself the whole ship. And I went up there and I waited for him, and Slake came out. You know what I'm saying. You know, how was to me the fly ship and I gave him the city. He was all right, kept moving Win in the building. So I went back to the hook like you was going down. I'm about to be on the radio. I'm listening to everybody on the on the sidewalk. We got the system up and he ain't play the ship. Wow. I'm like, damn, this is this is the next day after you gave him the CD. No, no, no, remember Slay come on twelve midnight. Okay, he's going in the radio. I think he's like, Yo, this nigga is going to play my song. Now we pull over, were listening. Oh it's two hours. He was going back then, so he didn't play. I said, damn, I'm gonna go back next week and do it again. I come back next week, same ship.
Speaker 3: Yo.
Speaker 1: Here you go, bropun, here you go. Man. My name is Pat Postman.
Speaker 3: He go.
Speaker 1: He's like, all right, you know Slay serious, dude, man, he just kept it moving. I did it again. I listened again. He ain't play the shit again. I said, damn, man, next time this nigga. I get this nigga a CD. I'm not gonna leave. I'm a wait. So when he come out, you wanna to explain to me why ain't playing my ship? Right? So I did that. I gave him the joint. I'm listening. It's like it's like one o'clock right. He still ain't played, but he like, yo, one hundred two two three ninety seven ninety seven number two Dad. I'm like, yo, I'm sitting in the car like your fuck that. I'm gonna call up. I calls up and as soon as he heard my voice, he knew it was me. I was like, yo, man, why do you play that? Nigga starts spashing over me on the radio. We're going matter of fact, it's not on the radio. Were going back and forth. It's on the hot line. What's on the hot line? But he ain't even know. He thought he was shipping on me. But he didn't even know. He made my day because while we're arguing, he came out of commercial and the argument filed onto the end waves. So I hear this ship. I'm in the car. I'm like, oh or somehow, So he begs the joint. He's like, yo, everybody can't be a rapper. Some people got to be a fire man. And he going in on him to retire. He's spash. I ain't even get started yet. He like he's pasting on the edge. So I'm like, damn, this nigga just violated. When this nigga come down, it's lit. So I'm waiting in the middle street and ship he come down. He see me. I see him walking dead towards each other. As soon as we get like face to face, the nigga that was with him came in between us and he took the CD from me. He was like, yo, I got you. For some reason, I believed him. I mean, I just left. I ain't gonna I feel defeated. Man. I went back to the hood, like, damn, man, it's over. The rap sh it ain't working, man. Niggas. Niggas just shit it on me, the whole ship. So now I'm back in the hood. At the time, the individual by the name of Born True. You know what I'm saying. He was managing me, very well respected, very well known. He didn't won, who gave me yourself? And he had passed away. So I was going through a lot of things in my life at that time, and I actually attended his funeral that particular day. I got into a real bad situation and right when I'm about to throw my life away, this is no bullshit. I can't make this up. I jump in the car and we're trying to get out of there. My phone ringing in the process of the ship and I picked up the phone. It was Slate. I had my number on the CD. He was like, Yo, I heard your CD. You on the show next week? Well, I mean the rest was history. Bro. When he said you on the show, he meant playing the record that he invited me. He was like, I want you to come up to the radio station live wrap on the edd A whole ship, I mean. So that shit was like life changed the moment for me, Bro, like all right, world, because I was just about to throw my life away. Man. He called in the midst of that and inviting me on the radio, which was a dream for me, you know what I'm saying. So I went on the radio and rest in peace. Prodigy was there. Prodigy and somebody else was did like you know what I'm saying, and we all was spitting live on the air. Queen's niggas, put your brooks niggas. I did that same ship for fath. I remember that we was rapping on the man. But like I said, but for me, like I know nowadays they take this ship for granted, but this music ship, I'm not ashamed to say it was a dream for me. Bro So so boom from Casey who gets involved from there, Buster Rhymes or Chris Lightning. We kept grinding me and Slaye kept grinding for the loans. If you listen to the mixtape, Slave was fash and at the end of the air mixing better sign my nigga. So he took you under his wing right from that first, under his wing, from from from the from that moment on some better term me coping from Queens. What I feel like what Slade did for you was kind of like what Clue did for Nature, right, like you know, Nas had got that route and then I don't know if you remember, but Nature was when Nation was on the beginning of the Bobby and like I felt like he was on every Slave tape and that's how he was doing. So you agree with that, Oh yeah, yeah, I would. I would definitely say that, but I would say, like, to Nature's credit, you know what I'm saying, he still had to deliver. If they would have put a wat nigga in get him out of here, you on a Clue tape especially, you know, what I mean, So one hundred percent, you're right. He gave me a golden opportunity and I knew I had to run with it. So then you said, y'all was grinding, So how did y'all go? He was grinding? Man, I was putting out a mixtape every every like every other month. Bro. Me and Slave was just putting out a mixtape after mixtape, And honestly, niggas don't notice. But I met Slaying oh four, I caught a buzz. I didn't get signed to like six o seven, So I was just doing mixtapes keeping my name going all that time. But within that time frame, like you said, Buster had wound up hearing me and he reached out the Slave mixtape and he went on the air waves. He picked me up over the air. You know how Bus is like he he he paused, he give it up if he respect what you do. And we started working together. Me and Bus started doing joints and eventually they so they did a joint venture with Street Sweepers Flip Mode, but just to both push me at the same time. You know what I'm saying that that company Street Street Swip Sweepers, Flip Flip Mode does not exist. Only they only came together for fat pools because Buster really wanted to sign me. Nas wanted to sign me at the time. Yeah, I took a meeting with No Slay want me to take that meeting, But I took that meeting. Really why because they didn't get along at the time. Bro, No, Slay always kind of held nads down, even even Nah with the Yeah, but that's why they didn't get along, because Slay held him down, Okay, and then he felt like No, what happened was rest in peace of slate and shout out the nads. You know what I'm saying. I really don't get in between that, but I can tell you what happened was this, and it's from my brother. Slave Slay held him down. You know what I'm saying. It's a battle of the beach, especially what to eat the ship beat. Yeah, they had the situation they had to decide and vote. I heard, and I heard he also made sure people was being fair. Not only he was just shop coming there. They were saying the facts said something else, but the facts said another thing. Right. I did hear that slave slave slaves they kept the buck heard it held it down. He held it down. Okay. Boom Slay had a single that now is featured on him. Okay wow, and he had to video shoot the whole ship. And now they showed up to the video. Remember this, this is the video. The video got shot up though, or I don't know about that. I don't know about it. Maybe it's the woman I hear about no shots flying the video. Maybe it's the woman Foxy on it. Now I know it slays single okay. And that's why Slave was he felt like, damn, I held you down, my nigga, you know, saying you ain't do the joint. So long story short. Around that time, I had the bidding war going on and Buster stepped up to the to the place. Shots to my brother, Buster rhymes, man, one of the realist dudes in this play. Let's make some lights from Man shot the Buster so so Jungle one of my people's had new Jungle and he hit me. He said, yo, bro, you know what I mean, Jungle, my man. Now I just want to meet you. Were cool. I go back to Slave, I said, Yo, Slave, Niggas is telling me at the time, I don't know nothing about this history to be for nothing, Niggas is telling me Nas on the on the meeting say was like, hell no man, nah man, like, you know what I'm saying. He you know, slay man, I don't even get into it. But I'm like, Slave's nas my nigga, I gotta take exactly, man, exactly. And he like, Yo, don't funk with it. He had his reasons. I took the meeting. We met at like a piece of shop in little Manhattan and ship. We sat down and Nas was cool, man like. He was like, Yo, tell Slave play a record, man like. But Slave was still felt the way about that ship. But he was. Nas was telling me he said, Yo, man, I'm about to go to death Gym soon with jay Z. You know what I mean. I want you to come with me m. And we spoke back and forth. You know what I'm saying. He basically acknowledged what I was doing at the time, and he agreed to send over the offer, which was which was a deaf jym offer. I went back to Slagh, I said, your slave, he's gonna send an office slay like man. All right, we wait, we'll see. You know what I'm saying. He sent the offer. It was a low number at the time, so Slave was like, nah, I'm signed the slag at this time. So we passed on that, you know what I mean, And we kept grinding. My brother Buster Ron's put me on the record that changed my life. Make sure Buster put me on that record. I couldn't go to the mall no more, for it was crazy, you know what I'm saying. One time when I did that record, Buster he was the long Holly said, Yo, I want you to come out. I'm doing the show. So I come out on my part and the whole fucking building is pandemonium. I'm looking around. If anybody got the footage, I'm confused why they're screaming. But it was for me, you know what I'm saying. And then at the time was we were trying to pick the right deal. Swiss Beats had an offer, uh and the Scope had a had an offer, and and job, you know what I'm saying. Dave Lighty, was there no Chris Lighty? Okay, Chris Chris rest piece, but well Chris did kind of kind of fucked us over though, Okay, really rest in peace to Chris, though he got you the million Nah. Well yeah, no, what happened was this we had a lot of different labels to choose from. But I'm under violated management and Chris Lighty is the president of the Job Record, like a conflict of no, no, no, not even that. I'm gonna tell you what happened. We're like, Yo, we need to sign with Job one. They give them the most money. No two, they giving the most money, and number one, the nigga that we fuck with is the president of the label. We're gonna be good. We ain't gonna have no issues them as a manager. Not even that. I tell you what happened. As soon as I signed the fucking deal, news goes out everywhere. Chris Lighty is no longer the president of the job Records. This ship is an R and B label, So you Chris was like, Yo, sign over here. I'm telling y'all. Remember it's a beening one for me at the time, right right. I mean, I'm doing what I do. So everybody got interests and we decide and were like, all right, Chris is in our AA, Yo, come over here, got y'all, Okay, I'm here. It's a no brain. As soon as we signed, nigga, what do you think he already knew he was leaving. I'm not saying that. I'm just saying that's what happened. So a young nigga from the other We've been working, like my brother was saying, early, been working his whole life for this. You finally get in that position that kind of Sleigh was pissed that Steve out here, but we kept it moving and eventually we ran into trouble, which, like I said before, the worst decision ever. What I'm saying to sign it signed into Job Records for the one point five million. Okay, all right, let me let me ask you two part questions. Yeah, if you had a chance to do it over, which major would you sign to? If not? Y'all? First of all, if I had a chance to do it over, I would have put my album off from the gate instead of doing all those mixtapes number one and number two. To answer your question, I would have definitely took that death Jam deal with NOAs Okay, death jam with nos you would have been. I would have took that because what was it? It wasn't I Will Jam was no No. Whatever the fuck he did when he went over there with jay Z, his own wasn't quite master Pill yet it wasn't well, I don't forget what it was. I think it might have been a well slay. Slay looked at it like, yo, pat Nah's never blew nobody up but itself. You know what I'm saying. Really, that was just slave. I'm just saying, Okay, rest in peace. That's my brother, you know what I mean. And I'm a I'm a big supporting fan of now, but I don't take nothing away from none of them. This is what happened me. I don't look at it like that. I look at it like it's like if a player go to a certain team, the team might be trash, but when he go there, you know what I'm saying, You don't. Yeah, I know what I would have did with that given but you can't cry for spilt milk. I'm here, man, but you know that's that's what happened. That would have been crazy though. So then how do you get out of this deal? The job? Yeah? Well, thank god. When we negotiated it, we negotiated that if they didn't do the right thing bias, we get to leave with the money. With the money, yeah, so we left with the bread mean slant at the time, which was yeah, goddamn goddamn. We didn't get to get to that marking the budget though. We had like a big ass marketing budget that we didn't get to tap into. We was mad about that, but we did get the one point five you know, you, Me and Slay. We got out of there and back to the ground. So how far did you did you throw out singles with them? How far did you go? We didn't even get a chance. It was a whole stabatarge. What happened. What happened that job was Okay, when I was in the process of signing there, I got a I got a message. Back then we had the side kicks, right of course, so a nigga hit me on the side kick. It's when I just signed. As a matter of fact, I was in the process of the whole ship. Nigga hit me up. He said, your pat They mad at the label. A lot of people that work at the label they pissed off because what happened was Barry Whiss and p A and Peter Thea. They signed me. The bosses signed me directly. So when me and Slay took the meeting to do the deal, he said, you know the reason why I'm signing you was because my son is a fan of Little Library. So the people at the label, who was saying that bad right? Yeah, okay, he telling me that at the at the meeting. So the people at the label, y'all know, I'm sure y'all can agree to this. They didn't have nothing to do with like, I skip past all of them niggas and went straight to the to the boss. So they didn't like it. They didn't like me because of that. They couldn't put their hands in my budget. They couldn't do nothing me and Slay was dealing directly with their boss. So somebody that hit me up and they say your path I was at job. I hope iheard a meeting them niggas was pissed off that you signed to the label, and they saying ship like yo, as soon as you put out a single, but don't go, we're gonna get them off the label. But what they did was that was that wasn't really what you know, what what transpired. What happened was back then, you know you needed the one two punch, you caught a bus. Then you did the single with the R and B artists, get the street record, Street record, get the single with the R and B artists. You out of here. All the R and B artists was on job. So they blocked all the R and B artist from getting on my project. You know what I'm saying. Yeah they did. They did big like a motherfucker Like me and Slay was fighting. You know what I'm saying. We tried to get all Kelly, but I'm glad I didn't do that ship. You know what I'm saying, Go yeah, but I mean, you know in the love brother, it's like, yeah, they blocked him. They blocked t Pain. Listen to the R and B artists they have. They blocked Chris Brown. You know what I'm saying. Chris Brown is on the job too, that's you know what I'm saying. So all and these artists were showing love, saying they wanted to do pain. This might about, you know, controversy. Yeah, so they blocked all the R and B artist from the project. Eventually that shi adin't work out. Me and Slay was like, all right, we got to exercise that close. Now I had to get out of them. So they asked you a question, No, I didn't. Matter of fact, I did get a single off, but my single was out two weeks when it deal folded. Wow, I had Snoop Dog won the single get out. Yeah, that's the fact was let's go you got something us? What's that is that? I shaid, I gotta look up my glasses. All right, old man, ship it's a drinking game, but we're not drinking. Yeah, I mean y'all want to drink. Yeah, celebrating the album. Then you go, man produce Fire Fire, Thank you saw hit me up to about it? Man, Look like I was like, whoa, that's fire. I ain't even realize how how it's like, Yo, that's no one can skip you put. I just hated, like, if you're a fan of hip hop, you skip that. They're just mad people shock. My brother Sean too in the production. They had a mad day. My brother right here produced that whole project. You know that fire I killed. I killed that ship. No, we we did the We did the in the studio together like no emailing. You know what I'm saying, Like every question in the studio did you did you? Because when I first heard when you first introduced the project, I thought it was gonna because you know, to do the freestyles in the car that inspire you to do the Balls it did it did?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: Because I was like, yeah, how's this gonna come out? Is he just gonna have like, oh that's white Balls did because so many people just hit me up like you need to turn into a project. But I ain't just want to do it. I wanted to make sure I like, did it right? You know what I'm saying. Bro, that showed me. That's a good project, man, good looking show. Definitely got definitely gonna do part two. Man, Yeah, I hit you. I'm like, I know the bro individuals to yeah, oh yes, each time. It's gonna come with a short film. You know what I'm saying. So, who's the girl on the project? O Kadija that's under Artists. She underwent records, so she signed to Win Records. I'm saying, that's family right there. When when when now she killing it? She killing it? She from Cali man, she from Leone, but she in calad of the Diamonds is up. Yeah, yeah, you know what I'm saying. But she's based in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes Diamonds, shout the Cadijo. All right, we're gonna do quick time with Slim. We're gonna give you two choices. If you pick one, we're not drinking. If you say both, you know want you you're playing, You're alumni.
Speaker 1: Wanta drink? I'll be drinking a lot. Man. Great time with Slim getting my must time. I heard you crash into a police car? Did oh ship? Last time I left the last time? You gotta use that you ain't gonna lie. This is a funny ship son, because I knew I was twisted right. So the nigga was like he was par my dumb ass on the phone bomb. I look, it's a fucking cop call. I'm like, wow, ship itself like yo, I'm like, chill, chill, chill. I got this, and I started giving them all information. Yo, just the flight. But I'm going to jail. I'm like going to jail and fucking Florida. I'm like yo, because I booked every dud, did everything. You know what I'm saying. So police get out, step out of the car, sir, I styled the car. How much did you have to drink? I don't drink, right, I don't drink. I smell it all over you. I don't know what you smell. I don't drink. So they doing this ship with the eye tept. I beat off I passed all that ship. Well, there's a plaque on the fucking ship says drinking. I'm like, is this nigga looking the car? I'm going, what you mean? Give me somebody flowers? Got them be drunk? Yo. I'm looking like yo, yo hod that fucking drink Championships because he's got the flash light in the car. I'm like, they put two and two Togetheriggas be like, Yo, you definitely drink. Yeah exactly, they definitely. Why that's my son. I'm like, yeah, I'm eaven drinking. Like yeah, I'm a fan for both of y'all. Case Slay or Clark cat Oh ship like both of those. I would, but come on, Kise slay man, y'all gotta drink that. I mean unless y'all want to. I ain't driving the sign loud and clear, driving the time motherfuckers Cain or jay z Oh ships playing horrible with me. I'm gonna say king. I think jay z would say king. Yeah, that's King. I'm gonna say both. Let's say both the drinking Okay shun price or O d B. Damn. I'm gonna go, Sean, I'm gonna go rest in peace. You know what I'm saying, but definitely O d B. Man, you create Brooklyn's was crazy. I ain't gonna lie so monkey ball wealth card like so effect they broke the draft for you know. You know what's funny? They similar similar. I mean like as far as not giving them like so many people in the hip hop, they have something like like they're they're they're like have pride like what they were both they're both messages I don't give you. I mean like I'm on, I'm on, I keep getting the EPT. But my ever, we call the wealth welfare straight up welfare and I'm I'm Sean saying I'm the Brokes rap. You know, like that's just kind of like the same message in a certain way. Yeah, human had similar humor. It's something about O.
Speaker 5: D B.
Speaker 1: Like his energy, bro like it makes you want to fight as soon as you hit it. Come on. It's just like dang. I was standing and I seen them like, yeah that ship wasn't. Let me tell you the funny ship about B. I invite him to a barbecue. He goes to the barbecue, he got he got gatorade in his head and then I'm like, here, you don't want to eat? He goes No, it's Ramadan. I like a lot of barbecue. You just see him like you know, I don't belong here. I said, Yo, what part of the barbecue you didn't understand? Like that's what crazy people? Brooklyn Both Brooklyn both Brooklyn. Ye seen there to live. I like how you pronounced live. I gotta go with that. I've seen that. I'm going with Tyler. See I gotta drink because it's like that's different. I'm going to Okay, my bad bad all this is, this is gonna be easy for y'all. Biggie or big al Biggie, that ship ain't easy man for me. Well, I'm Brooklyn biased anyway. Yeah, I know all y'all if you don't say biggie's something wrong. But big l was crazy. That's the piece of hell. But yeah, I gotta say big Okay, uncle murder or man on oh ship crazy? Does I mean there's those guys over there, they write it. I just I just read it. What we ask you get whatever there you want whatever, I'm gonna say, both Okay, I mean Brooklyn man Brooklyn, Brooklyn looking for the wind okay asy or fab ship. I'm taking a sip man Okay, cool, all right, Yeah you take this one joy badass of Rome Streets. Oh ship, that's tough like Rome Streets kids, get it shocked. No, I like both of them, like both yeah, man, but he knew what he knew it and Joey you know what deliricis a species? Now? Yeah? Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Shot the both of them, MTV raps or rap City. I'm wan rap City rap City? That was easy master Ace or Ja Rule the Dammager master. Ay they both dopes me man, I think that was a problem. Yeah it was Yeah, yeah, I'm I think was jay U arguably the first rapp of the rep East New York. I think no fat boys fat boys from East New York back. I did not know that fat boys, that's a fact.
Speaker 3: Okay, just a killer priest, just a that Jesus is insane though very underrated.
Speaker 1: Yeah but I like killing but but he ain't got the project that that that liquid swords like that's what gives them that they both deadly with the pen. You gotta have that body of work, liquid body of work them niggas. Jesus was crazy skazoo or to mm hmm. I'm gonna go to I'm gonna go ska Zoo. Okay, they like a group is an artist, but he also put out guys. Well okay, that's probably that's broke that Yeah, I ain't know that Lola Brook or Scarlet Lola. Yeah, Brooklyn, I gotta go broken, lolaire she got energy. Yeah, shout the load of brook the team eate man, I want to see. I want to see. I ask you predominantly first, and then I'm coming to the dominantly. It's Crazy next or the nets nixt that's easy, okay, like it's not Brooklyn in all. Okay, you got you gotta New York, Brian, New York. Now you too, nigga. I don't either think let's big up to the next organization just one. I don't know what the help that we want, I don't matter. That's how we celebrated every single wining weekend. Yeah yeah, yeah, I don't know. I know how he is crazy man said what the we can done? That win? Goddamn it? But yeah, yeah, just like I don't know what happened, but everybody celebrated. Yeah, I think said they won the World Cup. I said I thought that would socker bro I think that's what they're doing. I'm like, drag out the league, to drag out the league. I can't he just give me the eighty game. I ain't gonna lie. When I see all the celebrated, I was like, fuck that we're up. We won. I'm like, I don't know what the fun that we won? Hey, that's crazy. Okay, this is a good one. MC Light or Laurence Hill. Damn, I'm sipping. I'm going I'm going Light. This is a rock. I'm going with light Man Wow, because I feel like she influenced Lauren Hill. You know what I'm saying. So I feel like the same thing he said earlier. Jay Z would say king you know what I mean. So it's like it's kind of tough to put her over Light, you know what I'm saying. For me, I like that. I like that too. I'm anay with thin Light as a rock, smooth hustler or sort some money. Both of my guys Man too, Man too Brownsville, So both of it's both Brooklyn member for smooth smooth. It's like them that's my guyrigged my god, that's my period crew from That's where I come from. Bro Like I gotta go smooth. I love so sources my god too, though, I gotta shout the source of money, shout. I just saw some money, but I'm gonna go. I gotta go smooth. Though broken languages still still one of the Yeah, the beat and actually everything the source source my nigga too. Man, you drinking, No, I took smooth smooth, Okay, smooth smooth, Okay, beat Street or Crush grew, Rush grew. It's the time, man, Damn yeah, yeah, I got into that bugging. I thought he said breaking for a second, like breaking B Street and Crush grew Eighties crazy okay saying no, I'm just kidding. Eighties hip hop or nineties hip hop, that's tough. So it's easy, man, that's a tough one. Come on, Pat what you said you Pat poop? Nineties bro, It's no, that's for me, nineties man, because you know what eighties you got, she rapped, you got sucking Kane, you got rock. Yeah, g wrapped in the nineties too, Il Street, black l Street Blues in the nineties. He was in the nineties to the nineties, but eighties g was a different g though. Yeah, jeez, jeez, I'm gonna take you sip on that because to me, speaking a cool g rap the first time I heard him was Rooster Evil. That's the fact to me. To me, I'm like, eighties hip hop was on coke and nineties hip hop. So I'm telling it, yeah, you hip hop was in the back of the seat. I was doing them songs was out. I didn't even know they was talking about coke. Back the White Line had spikes and ship Carrol. I had to tell there was a nigga prison trying to convince me, Yo, there was a nigga in prison, man, and this how you know jail? You know jail niggas will tell you anything. Did they get you? Some wool tang came out. I was in jail. He tried to tell me that the wool tang was because they smoked wolves, and I was like, man, you bugging huh. They got a little truth to it, because he was I'm like a little truth. But then he started breaking down the set. He was like, think about it, no question, that was feed cracks weed combination. I was like, damn na, bro, niggas wasn't smoking wolves. I ain't realized wolves was a cool thing back in the day, like, oh, they still do it out here right now? What did you call it? Dirty? Dirty? Yeah, well crack they love it out here. That's filtering the My nigga took that shout out. Listen to me, I did love. I did a fucking love of hip hop. See with Daddy and he's there, he's just a bagg and we're just sitting there looking at each other like this character. The whole time, it was kept going, I love these niggas out there, these niggas crazy. I'm sorry. Rockefeller Rough Riders kept going, it's crazy. I should go on. So that's all or too. If I had it was being I had my chance when they was in the peak, I probably would have chose Rockefeller. Yeah, I gotta go to Brooklyn a fella. Okay, Okay, I forgot, but rough Father's got a couple of Brooklyn CEO's in there. Okay. The rough Riders man crazy. The Yankees are the Mets Yankees Yankees one Queen's niggas Queen. I like when the Yankees winning. But I always got to wear that. And it's like wearing the Knicks colors too. You're right, it's really the next colors too, right, Okay Smith and Wesson or m O p oh Man mass policy. I'm going. I'm going with them, going with billion fang all billion fang. I love both of them, both of them, My brothers both got legend that w jointed both of them thing both of them in sing bro. Words can't describe it, you know what I'm saying. But I got to take a drink. Okay special ad or father MC special special Bro. I got it man, shout the father C Man. He's still touring. No, no, no, right now we're doing that. If you do for dude, now now now off finished. I'm not sure how much he's dancing on stage, but he's on stage like every week, Like, well I see him. Yeah, Like that's what I love about our old school brothers. When I see them on the road, that ship makes me feel real, very real good. You know what I'm saying. Like one of the best hip hop records. I got it man, How start? How start to see if we hip hop? Let's go.
Speaker 4: I'm your title nu Puerto Rican speaking so that you know, listen to see something when we say you she was meant to be.
Speaker 1: In the handcut that it was a fake. Big Daddy came come. I always looked at that. I can't let Brook crown Daddy Kane. I was like, yo, all the big Daddy Cane got the head. Yeah, and he blonded it. Yeah. Yeah, he was wrapping the video music box that he was. Okay, and you're gonna get back to the interview. That's funny Town Records was doing it. They was doing it heavy down with heavy d y.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They had the animals to heavy. Don't he dive? It was no heavy deed. It might not have been big, no big, no big pun. That boy was about it. Boys before having no big pun followed the style. Yeah, yeah, I don't bad boys was big that he wanted to be heavy boys. I forgot the fat boy first. I thought I thought they was kind of like the same era. Man. Okay, yeah, you're right, you're right right, Yeah. I used to like Muffy that you know what then he was doing I was like, this ship is fire and they made movies too. They broke down those barriers.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So this is the last Quesson that we gonna get back into the interview and close it out. Loyalty or respect mm hmmmm, I'm gonna say I would say both both I think they go hand in hand. Yeah is the time if it's that you should drink this is this is the actual time. Last time we got to check. Yeah, I got you can't have one without the other. That's what I believe. You know what I mean, if you loyal to him, probably if you don't have to pick, why would you pick one? Is what I'm saying. You know I want so not. You got the uh situation. Job. You got got to fill the industry. You got to got gotta get a couple of dollars. What makes you say I want to I'm gonna do love and hip hop? Oh? You called me? He called me one time. He was like, did it and they made me look horrible? He was like fun, they called it love and hip hop? And I said, you're fam He was like, I seen, I seen your experience up there where you think. I don't know if you remember this conversation. He was like what do you think? And I was like, I'm like, you're doing it with his ex wife. And I was like, I think you should do it because number one, they're not gonna play with her. The bitches over there, they're not gonna they'll play with us because they ain't much we could do. They're not gonna play with her, and that's what they was doing. They're like, how we make this nigga look like an ass? So they did the beat up and they did they just make I'm like, why y'all doing this shit to me when they don't fuck with you. They don't fuck with you, and they need ratings. They was like, if we could make you look like a fucking buffoon and it brings, and we could throw you up on that screen and people gonna tap in, we're gonna do it. But I told Pap, I say, your situation is different, bro, like you looked at as a totally different I don't even know if you remember this coming.
Speaker 3: No, I do.
Speaker 1: I do remember so because you had. So what happened was it was a point when when she was away, they was actually reaching out to me, to you. Yeah, they was reaching out to us to do the show while she was incarcerated, and we was like, you would have been on Love after lock. Yeah. I was like, man, this shit is like they over there, they throwing drinks on each other and like that shit ain't gonna work. Turned it down. But then when she came home, they came with the offer again, and you know, we both kind of had like a bad rep, you know what I'm saying. She had one, of course what she went through, and I had a bunch of situations man that that went on behind the scenes, you know what I'm saying. And people people knew me as an artist, but they an't know Pap Poosta person, you know what I'm saying. So we we talked and at that point when she came home, we decided to do it. But around that time, that's when I started making them calls. I'm like, damn, all right, I know my nigga was on it. Let me come up and see checked the tip, you know what I'm saying, Cause I kind of seem like I know him, but I seen how they depicted him on the screen. I was like, that's not who we are, you know what I mean, some real ship, but that's why I have Yeah. Yeah, so I called them whatever, and you know what I mean, just people that I know that was on the show that I think will give me an honest opinion. But me and Hus spoke and we decided to do it. And it was crazy when I did that shit though, because I was expecting to get clowned. I was like, I was like, they about to kill me, man, They about to kill me. First. First, it kind of started when when she first caught the situation or whatever they was clowning me. They was it was killing me back then. You know what I'm saying. It was killing me back in the beginning. It was like Yo, they had the mentality like yo, you know what I mean with somebody, will she do that for you? You know what I'm saying. Because I was going to visit her and all of that shit, and you know, I would post certain things. But one time when it kind of changed, Double Excel reached out and they wanted to do an interview. They was like, yeah, we just want to follow you for the day. And my routine was go to the supermarket, get thirty one pounds of food and didn't go to the jail, drop the food off and going to visit. So they came actually with me to the supermarket. And then it came with me on the Double Sell magazine. You probably could pull it up, and they sent on a visit with us and they put the article out. When they put the article out, that's when it changed and they kind of stopped clowning me at the time because I didn't see those algorithms. Are people clowning you? So but yeah, in the beginning, I can show you ship. It's certain niggas that I wanted to slap from back then, like I see them now. But they was like when she caught the case, they thought it was funny. You know, I didn't think that was funny. I got another story. It was funny that you was being Lloyd. They thought it was funny that she caught the case. She went to jail, and they thought I was an idiot for holding it down. One of the reasons why I got minds on that plane you called me last night and I'm in Connecticut and you got to be in Miami by noon, is because it was him, because I got stories. He don't even remember speaking of Remy, right, the first be et site from it was me, you, the first one. When they first started them ships, Me, you, Ron Fast, Remy. It was a couple and they would only give us eight bars. Back then. You couldn't go like niggas. They was like, no, everybody do look full little bars. So I remember me and you talking because me and you knew Remy is already a star. Me and Son is under up and coming. So I remember, I remember me and you speaking. I'm like, yo, re mey be looking at you. Was like, yeah, I'm like, y'all holler. He was like, but meanwhile, I didn't know you probably had backed her. This is brand new, this is the first. This is two thousand and Because I'm like yo, He's like, I'm like, nah, she's too big of a star. She ain't. She ain't a fucking what. She ain't suing with neither one of us. But we just talking being niggas. And then the next thing, you know, there in a relationship. I'm like, did he bag it that day? Because you I wasn't together at the time. This was the first bet site for Ron. I think they split us up. Yeah, they did. They had me and Ron face and they was on four the time we was. We was on the first double XL freshman cover we did, the first being the first. Yeah, we paved a lot. He was the New York next supposed to be Saviors after y'all, After y'all. It was like Pat, there's two guys and Ship Brooklyn niggas Saigon and Me and Son at the beginning, it was like, we'll be going with this bro, and Kate Slay was the glue Slave Man recipes of my brother Slave ten records Niggers. Though we didn't like each other, I was like, that's one of my favorite rappers. That's the fact, I think one of my favorite rabbits. You po, I seen niggas used to make Pat Punk Patpoo's Versus Sagon mixtapes. That's the fact, Like DJ used to make Pat Poo's Verse Sagon you look google them since to this day. And Kate Slay because Kate Slay put me in the game too. So Slave was like, nah, I mean your nigga y Yeah, that's the fact, that's the first one. Yeah, and Blue paid for Jasco SOLDI your boys shit right now, your first So but when y'all got together, I always wondered, like did it start that day because me, I can't even remember if it was around the same around that same time, you know what I mean. But yeah, going back to that man, like I said in the beginning, it was a clown show, you know what I'm saying. But that was like they're in the bid And then, like I said, when XXL did that interview. Everything changed from from there on. People started to be like, damn, like you know what I mean. They kind of respected it and it just went from there. But when we did the show, the reason why I was expecting to get clown because you didn't see that on there. You didn't see like a man actually being there for his family, you know what I'm saying. So we shot that. She remember I was on one knee proposing the whole ship. So I was like, yeah, they got married in the cast, They're about to kill they about to kill me. It was crazy when it came out. I really felt like our people was tired of seeing us to pick it like down the screen. I believe so too real, bro, because the love was creaty. I couldn't believe it. You did it right though it was nothing but love. The opportunity made it right and it was organic, you know what I'm saying. Like it was it was really organic at the time. I believe you represent it for every street dude that want to come home at night, you know what I'm saying. Like, there's a lot of street dudes who don't want to come home at night, or street people who's not going to come home at night. But then there's people that want to come home at night. They want to come home at night, not only uh to safety, but to their women and their family. And I believe everybody was like rooting for you, like you know what I'm saying, just as a man, like you know what I'm saying regardless, and I'm just saying, you represent manhood in a great, great way, man like, like you know what I'm saying. So I just want to personally give you a round. Thank you. We got like I got an aunt. I got an aunt, she like sixty eight. She was like, I need me a pat poos. I said, Yo. It was a crazy time back. Yeah, I don't want your old ass. I need yo, like an years old. But the imagery you put out there was amazing, bro, Noah, it was. It was so crazy, man, Like I knew what it was like at that time, Like it was cool to be, you know, moving around with different chicks and all that ship. So that's what everybody was putting out there. I feel like when at that time, after that came out, you started to see it more because it exists. But it's like, I don't know, Nigga was hot and it what the fuck. You know what I'm saying. But I feel like I think the world was tired of seeing us throwing drinks on each other on the screen and all that ship throwing throwing bags on yeah, like guilty on the roof and sh yeah. And I was like, Yo, they ain't they ain't. This ain't my niggas. It really depicted you crazy like that. What I don't watch none of that like that. It got so bad My real friends that really knew me, like I go, We'll go to a you know, an event or something, and they like pulled me to the side, like Y're gonnaell my wife don't funk with you, son. I'm like, I don't even know your wife. Bro, she watched the show, son, she don't like you. Yeah, I'm like, you ain't tell her like the real me like that. You people's perception of what they see and what they believe. Yeah, yeah, Like they pushed narratives.
Speaker 2: Nowadays, it's some wicked ship, bro, But you didn't have that happened during year like Prince Charming.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something. It was like it was crazy back then, right when that ship came out, Like I would get mixed reactions like like like you said, your like, I would go somewhere and the older women like different, they would go crazy. But I'll be going through the tobo. Back then, they didn't have the easy path and the nigga. I'll pull up and get a nigga my money, like, oh, you fucking up my house. You're fucking up niggas house on too. I see that too. I can see that. I'm just asking, is there anything you ever regret about doing the show? Not not not your relationship the show. I don't because they just, honestly, like I said, they actually let you leave. They followed. They followed me like I said, on the visit and all that ship. That's when it started. So it was organic. So I would have to regret my life if I regret it, because honestly, they just documented what was going on. I'll give moaning them credit for that, like they did a good job at just recalling what was happening at the time. That's what you know. I regret it like a motherfucker. I don't regret mine what you know well, but you ain't going there half a season like a season and a half. I didn't once I did no drama, they got no drama. You know everka, Okay, I did mist.
Speaker 3: So uh.
Speaker 1: So you didn't. You don't regret that. But I remember one time you was, uh I believe you said you went to go on a visit and you said, the one thing that you don't see is other men, Like like how you see women visiting men, You didn't see men reciprocating that you you didn't see a lot of them. Nah, what happened is I used to go to rik As Island and visit like a lot of my homies, and there be snow outside. You see women out there with strollers and the snow. Bro getting on the bus going to see dudes get on the visiting floor. You can't even get in because they're fighting to get in. There a lot of big joints to visit dudes girls, but they it's crowded, Bro, it's crowded. But then when you go when I used to go to the women's facility, that ship was empty. It'd be like me and two other dudes, like we know each other. And I used to be like, I started comparing it too, like damn niggas is leaving it the chicks for the women for dad in here because they got visited every day a while. Deserve it, bro, Wow, they got visits every day every day. When when when you're on top, Yeah, okay, every day every day.
Speaker 3: So I.
Speaker 1: Y'all got married in jail. Yeah okay, so that was the real marriage. But then when y'all came home, it was the castle wedding. Yeah, the whole the whole thing. That was like the fly ship have a bro like that was like that was like that was like, yo, you gave hope to everybody. It was like it was like was that something you you wanted to do? Like that big like like that was like a fairy tale wedding for lack of a better term. Yeah, no, that was something that happened. It happened naturally because initially, like you said, it happened on the inside, so you know, it didn't get to happen the correct way. So you know, you always want to make sure you do it right. Can I ask you a question? Because ask somebody who knows you personally, somebody who respects you highly respects you, and you know, your life is playing out in public just like mine did. It's like we all once we sign up for this ship, we public were in the public, Right, how's it been co parenting since since you're split? Because that's the problem I have with the mothers and my children, Like sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not, like because a woman a woman could sometimes use to use a child to really when they know you love your child, they like, oh, I got something you love more than yourself, so I could use that. How's co parenting been with your ex since? Since? I Just make the best out of it, you know what I'm saying, And making the best out of it. You know, you my child is the most important thing fact, you know what I mean, Just putting put my kid first and making the best out of you. You know what I mean, getting canting do it because that's the ship for the most part. When you don't get, when you don't walk with somebody, you got to kill with them. That sh it is torture. When you love your kids and you're like, damn, I got to go through. That's why my kids are teenagers now, so I ain't they got their own phones. I ain't got to go through mom from ship. It's easy breezy now. But when you got to go through somebody you don't deal with, you get to this person you love. Ship is is torture. I don't know how many fathers is out there who really they kids lives, but that shit is could be. That's one of the hardest things I've ever had to deal with in my life. Harder than prison, harder than getting shot, stabby and all. That ship was really having to deal with a woman who I didn't want to deal with at all because she got my baby. You know, there's an episode of Larry David right, it's called Kirby Enthusiasm right with him and this girl break up and they make everyone kind of like choose a side like it's almost like the like, so, so you know that is not known for this ship. They on to go online and do this so no one sees them since this happens, and we see each other at Rock the Bells, Hold on before you finish? Can I bring my brother show on to it? Yeah? I got, I got, I got, I need to get my brother. See the man rock the bell I got got you got your gother? So I see the man walking the bells, I come out, mm hmm, I see I see the child. So I'm like, holy ship, I did I see left happens right there? I'm like, holy going on, yo. That was probably the most openest moment. It's like one of the most because I'm like, holy ship, who do I say how to first? If I say how, the one is, the other one is gonna. But that was so amicable. It was the exact opposite of what took place on the internet. Let me say something. What's something you said? My choosing sides? You know what I'm saying, and you ain't saying about yourself. You just said like people had to do with that's fake ship though when people do that, man, First of all, there's no size, bro, it's right and wrong. Right, that's one thing. And number two instead of choosing the side man like me me, I don't choose sides with family, especially if you're family. I don't choose sides with family. I try to fix it. If I can't, I'm manya business. If you if you call yourself family, you either fix it or maya. But you don't choose a side. How the funk? I look like choosing the side with my family members. And it's no size, it's right or wrong. Like, that's fake ship, bro. When you because when you choose the side, you know what you're about to do. You're about to try to call yourself rolling with the strength the fuck got here? Man, I mean that's weak ship, all right, you hold me in. Come on, come on grave my nigga see shoots on last should Yeah, you're gonna have to share. I ain't gonna the camera, Yeah yeah, yeah, Yeah, it's good man. My nigga locked in the studio with me, recorded that whole project. Man super producer, Man Easy do either do Man Win Records. Man. Man, it's a movement. There's getting a lot of money over there. My brother came up. So let me ask you before we get into dig back into the album and the beat. So, like, to me, your last relationship like if y'all had an argument, y'all a rap battle. No, man, I never happened in your mind. That's what you in my mind and my mind. So to me, in my mind and this new relationship, you can't even are you Like, I ain't gonna lie. You can't even you got that's shout to my queen. Man, that's my best friend right there. I love a lot man, real bro, like real talk. She did you too, bro, Make some noise for that man, she makeing she make it known. Let it be known like he running the show, like you know, I mean women in that position ain't gonna do that. Let it be known like now I follow his lead as a woman, but should and I'll be talking like me, it's not gonna talk. You know what I'm saying. He tells me everything he said, tell me behind the scenes. It's a good thing when you see it. But when you check the temperature of people that knew you for a long time, they saying the same thing out instart looking out. So he outside looking at he like your pattern the way she you know what I'm saying, The way she like everything he just said. I want like you was on your phone in the airport. I was on my phone too, and I was just scrolling and the first thing the person said was you gotta you gotta tattoo a pool. She said, yeah, on my tity. She surprised me with that. She surprised when she was doing the interview to my said, yo, did you get tap pattern? You're gonna get tapoos tattered on breaking. I got you, I got you. I'm come on here. She was like, yeah, I got it on my titty, Like skip a beat, like yeah, that was you don't remember when she was weighing in and the little kid kept looking at her. Oh yeah, yeah, it's crazy out there. It's crazy. One day I came out to gym and me I was on FaceTime. I got a video of that ship too. Since you and Bro, I'm talking to the FaceTime she just flashed it. I was like, Oh, I was like totally surprised, like that ship right did? Though, that's fine. It needed Let me tell you something for real, bro, like a brotherfreshir in my life. So I don't tell how do you like? My best is different? Bro? So how do you bounce back? Though? Like? Right again, I'm not trying to get any your information, but this is the first time I kind of like stepped out publicly, right, and this is a big story, like as a journalist, So how do you go from from like from a place I'm I'm assuming a place of hurt to a place of joy? So like so quickly I didn't. It just happened, Bro, Okay, I didn't plan it or nothing, man, It just it just happened at a you know what I'm saying, a duk time of my life, to be honest. You know what, I mean, you know, I don't got nothing. I don't got nothing bad to say. Man, I wish, I wish you are the best, you know what I mean? But you know I moved on and the man she came in my life, bro, and just like, definitely man, one of the best things that ever happened to me, you know what I mean. But to answer your question, I didn't. I can't even tell you because it happened so natural and organic and it wasn't playing like we just met after I was at a fight. I went to the Chicall fight in Jersey, and when I came in the building. First of all, I was always a fan of I'm a big boxing fan, you know what I mean. So I gotta tell you that. Sean too will tell you that. I mean. I'm a big boxing fan. So I always watched her coming up. But one day I went to the Cha Court fight and as I'm going to sit down, I see her over it and I'm like, oh shit, because it's the ship. But you know, you keep it in your mind. You don't want to be grouped out, you know what I'm saying. And a lot of people was asking me for pictures and ship, but I went up to her. I was like, hey, know how you doing. I shook her hand and when I sat down when she had to fight, she loud as a motherfucker because runs shod. They like family. So she she's screaming and ship and were talking about the fight. So when we leaving, people like rushing out for pictures and shit, and she by herself. So I'm like, hold on, man, like, hold on, man, take time, you know, security, immediately reflict and she's like, yo, come to my next fight. So like you ain't get the number now, okay, I want you to come to my next fight, and then made you work for it, talking about she sent me information to the fights them me and info to the fight, and I went to the fight, and leading up to it though we some kind of way when we DM we changed numbers and yo, bro, I'll tell you we text every day. We never called each other. But let me ask you, just texting, what happened if you went to the fight and she lost, but you have kept going. We're not gonna lose, bro.
Speaker 3: It's like.
Speaker 1: I'm telling what she lost, Like would you I'm gonna keep going? Absolutely, I would have kept going. Roman was right. One Bros. Clarissa ships like she don't lose. That's one and then the second thing, Hell, yah ain't no sucker, man, you take it. I'm leaving now. We don't do that. That's real ship. That's funny question for what you said something. Yeah I did, but he made me maybe. But let's get into this album man. The creation of this album yeah, Sean two.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the album man, it's crazy. You know, the process was dope, it was organic. You know, I'm a big fan of hip hop. I'm from Mississippi, but I say, you know, you know, I always wanted to hear pap on Jay Diller type of be you know what I'm saying, because he always been lyricals. So that's what Chill Button was like. You know, I was like, Yo, you got wing though the shout out left him, man, shout that my brother left from Compton. Man, come from Mississippi, but he based in Kelly. You know, so my brother left you from the West coast.
Speaker 1: Man. That's a solid individual. Man. He basically introduced us. He came to me one day because you know, I was doing the executive thing. But no in New York like Lefty flow out here. He like y'all want you to meet this artist, which was Kadisha, the one who you asked me about that on my project, Like, y'all want you to meet this artist, And we took the meeting. I went to Brooklyn chop House that's my second home, and they met me the chop House in Miami as well. And make a long story, shure I said. When I came to the meeting, it was my brother Sean too, my brother Big Rube in Kadija and we sat down and we talked. Because I was always I'm always helping new artists out. Man, like the ship that we've been through, I tried to prevent them from going through the same shit, bro, and whatever advice I could give, I was just giving them genuine advice. And we started to work together. And I've seen that a lot of things that they were trying to do, I knew how to do it. So it's all about adding on it if you got knowledge of SELP. So I just started adding on to what they was doing and we locked in. We just started elevating winning records and here we all, man, we're doing concerts across the planet. We got the short fume out. We just did a big deal with Clarissa. You know what I'm saying, eight million dollar deal. I'm not bragging, but yeah. Well, basically, Clarissa found herself man in a position where she was in the bidding war because her contract ended with the previous entity that she was signed to. So I want to say this to you and make it clear every boxing entity may offers to her, from the biggest to the smallest. I literally set in these meetings with her and my team. I see what we've been doing. We put a lot of asses in seats with these concerts, Like you know what I'm saying. So I'm like, I'm looking at it. I'm like, damn, oh, so that was young. Yeah, I'm like, yo, game in boxing people don't yo, bro. I'm sitting there, I'm brainstorming. I'm like, I'm brainstorm I'm like yo. But anyway, I'm looking at how were able to put asses and seats, and I'm looking at what she doing as a fighter. I'm like, yo, if we come to together, it'd be crazy. So her last fight, which was in Detroit, we came together and we saw that motherfuck out. So that was confirmation. Yeah, I said, we're gonna do this one right, and let's see what happened. So a lot of times when I hate giving games to these niggas, but but I'm gonna give it to him a lot of times when you watched, when you go to fights, our artists just pop out and you never knew they was gonna be there, so you don't get the opportunity for their fan base to come out. So what we did the last event shot to my brother Rick Ross. We added Rick Ross to the to the event, and we was able to promote him with the event and one of his strongest markets, which is Detroit. So we got Rick Ross, we got Flissa, we got myself and her opponent was that shit so loud of what sold that mother fuck out to capacity? You know what I'm saying. So but I was about that. So the next tiebout to sing February twenty second, Little Seasons a ringa Clarissa will be stepping back in the ring her debut pro debut debut. Yeah yeah, yeah, already make woman. She's a good box, she can fight. And so Little Seesuons is where it's in the traits. Little Sesus is called Little Seesons Arena. Yeah, a piece of shop, not this arena, man, we would love to have yea yea yea yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. Can you make sure the crowd with the six niggas in the crowd, six niggas throw your hands up, but not February twenty seconds she stepped back in the ring. You don't want to miss it. Get your tickets there. So I want to go jog miles with a workout with her. Oh yeah yeah yeah, yeah, she's a beast. So what what do you like more? Making the record or performing the record? Oh? I would have to say. That's a tough one. Man. That's tough, right you Like that's tough as fuck'mna say I'm gonna say. I'm gonna say creating the record. Okay, creating the record, I want to know how about you? Let me let me ask you. That's a hall like that's a hard one because you love to hear your own once you once you finished with the record, you know, it's fire like all that nigga, you pat patch yourself on the back. But when you see the reaction from other people, it's like the confirmation like energy, Yeah, that that energy different Like I love performing, I love before I would divide the edge, I say performing because because nobody's in there when you make it's only your peoples in the producer. But when you you give it to the world and they're like oh, but when you hear back, you be like, oh, I did that? Like kill about that because of course, like when I'm working like Has, Like when I work with Has, it has to do some ship like he'll go, he'll mix it and he'll go in the car and help play it from the car. And the only time I ever see somebody do that it was Swiss Beasts. Swiss Beasts used to come and this is before a bootlegging, you know what I'm saying. So every record I ever kind of did with Swiss Beat, Swiss Beast would take this ship and he was like, you're coming me to a club and I'm like for what and he like, we're gonna test this motherfucker out. I'm like, mix, mixed, it's not nothing. And Swiss will go in the club and he wouldn't announce it. He just play the record and just look at people. And I'm like, it's before bootlegs, just before the phones and all that. So I said, have to say, I wouldn't be able to pick because from like the method that has does when he goes in the car, he listens to the record as opposed the Swiss goes and he goes and see the people live in real action. It's like loading a gun. For me, It's like the gun is dope, it's beautiful. I like the bullet is in it, but I'm not gonna love it till I pull that trigger and I feel that. So that's what it is like, Like I would have never I would have never loved super Doug because I sorry to get into my artists right the War Report to tell you the truth and this is real ship the War Report, every beat was t o n why in they and why multiply? So I purposely wanted I wanted to be like, yo, you know what I'm saying, like we we we we we hype in New York too, like we just and you know, we gotta realize, Na, this is the corporate at this time used to head. So everybody wants to kind of like and that's where killing what came from, kind of like to because like these Queensbridge dudes who I was signed to, they're not smooth people. I don't know why it was on the mic like everybody around them, it's just not lading the pavement, and everybody kind of like had to follow that. And that's why I was just like what what what?
Speaker 3: What what?
Speaker 1: Because that was different, you know what I'm saying. But if I had to, as long as the record is that half a hit, I'll picked performance. I remember this actual footage of this super Dog, this actual footage of This super Dog when it first came out and the number one market was Philadelphia, and I go out there, I go, I perform everything to you why they love it? And r E they love it? Before Super Doug has never came out? What what what? You know? What the I got to come back three months later? Boy, it's a different thing. Number one record, That's what I like. Sometimes you you you bust, you bust. Let me not pointed that nobody. Sometimes you bust a gun and and and you missed totally, so you want to bust it against That's the reason why I performance. I'm gonna leave a little bit more towards performance. But once the record is a hit, because if you gotta you know so. I remember one time I did the show with David Banner and you know, all my records like you said, Oh yeah, pain in my Life and it's day in the South. I don't know why they had me headlining over this and Nigga wan the Boy, the whole crowd is. I'm like, we might as well just leave. I'm telling niggas we ain't got nothing. I don't got nothing in the change. I got no kind of energy. Song was where was your We was in fucking like North Carolina. Something nigga set me up. I said, Yo, what the And that's why I remember one time I sent pat Poosa song. It was some kids like roll By, I did it. He was like, nah, Son Nigga was like, nah, this killing yourself right now. But I'm like, in my mind, I'm thinking now I need something everything big. They booked me for a birthday party just do the didn't advantage of that ship, and I was like, I'll never let a nigga do this to me again. I had. I really had to get my back end. I had to go on after that ship. He just and I called him like pain in my life. Young Police was on, get the fun out of here, like, nah, we gotta be equipped.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Hip hop is a beautiful thing. Bro. You ever got bull hand though, thank god I got. I ain't gonna lie. I did it, bro, I take. I would be honest versus getting bulled. You know, it's worse getting nothing nothing nothing nothing, you know some kind of motion yo that when I get to steal, I do cut the meat off. I just do alphabetical if I would just keep going like yaf so so what what? What? What is something that you can't live without in the game, in the game, and like making an album? Excuse me? Oh both for y'all gonna go first. That's tough. Mm hmm. I would say that I can't live without one in the studio, like in the studio, yes, amazing, Okay, I gotta have a keyboard man. Time to time to think, man. I like to think my ship through. Unfortunately, I want to be trying to change that like some people like your pa. Just you know what I'm saying, Let it flow, But I like to think it through. I think if I go to the studio and I and I'm rushed, like I didn't have time to think about my ship, I don't. I'm not crazy about the outcome. I would just say a peace of mind, man, I personally can't I don't like people in the studio when I record, like exactly you want the people there. I don't want nobody more than just a couple of people, you know, one person for face. If I'm in the booth, they might not even be listening, but you know how you could see outside the booth and what you're doing your It could be one nigga who throw me off like he ain't feeling it, and I'm thinking it ain't it ain't working. That's why I started saying, you know what, I'd better just do it how I like it, And then didn't see because this nigga fucked me up just in the studio. He might be on his phone mine in his business and I'm like, why he ain't bopping his head. I don't like niggas like that studio like that. You want to be on the stage with you and you just standing there too, act like you like this shit. I heard Premiere say recently. He said thirty years ago that he recorded with nas and there's thirty people in the studio and now you be causing no, its just him, and you know it's so funny twenty five years ago, twenty five years ago. If you listen to blood Money. I got people in the background. That's if you listened to me in the studio last week. I got people in the fucking background. It makes me I'm organized chaos. I like it. I like it very organized, but I like it to be very unorganized. Your comfort zone. But you don't go a lot though, because these niggas don't show up all the time. No, no, no, every time I go to the studio, I've never been to make sure. Yeah, yeah, it's very seldomly like maybe I went to the rest studio for myself. Your music is organized chaos, yes, what it is?
Speaker 2: What it is?
Speaker 1: Actually? Yeah? Yeah. Have you ever seen a kid online who you Yeah? Absolutely your body you know. It was his da was his name? Something about bro. I love that. Take a lot of niggasn't probably know what you came he he does, Man pop can't want that nigga. Yeah that's and then now he put niggas you know you again said all the many like that us you mocking the drake, But no, you're doing good. You know it's it's great. It's homage to what I'm saying. This one right, you keep watching it. He didn't use the AI face because I robbed it the first time. This is his fourth time. Yeah, you're.
Speaker 2: Got.
Speaker 1: I got it, they were saying it to all of us. I got When I go on the booth, I always turn the light out. Oh yeah, no judgment. No see, I don't know. I don't know why. I don't know. I don't know how I developed that. Oh yeah, but okay, so we both named the one thing you ain't name yours. You said, you said instruments, said I need a piece of mind, need to piece of mind, and you said no nobody. In the end, nobody exactly. That's all I need. You know, it's crazy, and I'm sorry to change the subject a little bit. One didn't even have the luxury of not having anybody in the studio. You know, they still have to bring a couch, so his breath control, he had to have that breath control, you know what I'm saying, because he's sitting down in order for him, you know what I mean, Like big I've seen big lads vocals standing up. You must have some good engineers, because you would never know he was punching that much. Yeah yeah, and he was none electics for the most part. I don't think none of us could punch it in back then, like so he had to like tape because yeah, yeah, I feel like he had to do it, do the whole verse and then go in and then double it up and then go in and do it take the best part take Yeah. But you know, Pat, you know, our show was about giving people their flowers. Wanted to give your flowers. Wanted to tell you not only for being one of the greatest MC's, but you know, one of the greatest father figures, one of the greatest husbands, one of the greatest men on earth. We wanted to just give your flowers face to face man, and that project is phenomenal. Yeah, you don't drink and drive with us. Look, man, I just want to say thank you. May like being in this game a long time. I can't say I want a lot of awards, yes, and knowledgement, so I appreciate that. Yeah, I do want to create project. I think we deserve it. Do you got nominate me so I can say Grammy nominated. That's enough. You have to present your album to be Grammy nominated. Still, it's still like that, and you have to advocate forward to get somebody holler at me from the Grammys. I think I deserve it, Man ninth neither. So as a kid watching that ship, man, you know, it's just a childhood dream for me to win a Grammy. Grammy. Yeah, it ain't really no hip hop ship, but shout to the Grammys though, So how did you make these beasts? Man? You know what, I got a studio, I lock in and I just these particular beat.
Speaker 6: Okay, Papa give me, Papa, give me a direction, Like, yo, check this out.
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, hold on, So you wrote the you wrote to rhymes first, and then you wanted him to match the beat. He's so dope that I said, damn it if I could just give him you know you hear producer and you be like that was dope, you know what I'm saying. But I just was like, Yo, if I could give him a little direction, it'd be fucking crazy, right. That was right, Bro was giving a little direction and he never felt.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, I'm a geminis, so my production is the same way.
Speaker 1: Everything person out of.
Speaker 6: So ship, I just like in like that, you know what I mean, Papa, give me a direction. I'm like okay, and I just go into that zone. You know, I never spent a lot of time in New York. Only when I'm like with him, besar, you know, but I just got into the zone that he was in the boom boom back. You know, I got respect for that genre, hip hop. You know, I got mad love for West Coast hip hop. Of course I'm from the South.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 6: But like going in that era, it was a it was a it was a it was adult challenge because I ain't never went there.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you a funny story. So we got the project. We're working on the project. We got the big video shooting right well, actually we shooting Calling Green video. Okay, So the director we flew. We flew him in from Cali, everybody from everybody in from Canty. So I can get to the video. It's in New York. I get to the video. I'm looking around the ship. I don't see the director. So I said, yo, too, what the director is that? He's like, Yo, it's men, I see what happened. The fucking director he forgot he had his gun and got locked up. He got a gun license, but you don't give a and he locked him up. So this nigga, he directed the motherfucking video never did. He controlled the whole scene, so shocking to my niggas. You know, right, speaking of director Yoa, I was Pat Poos. You know we see him acting in his new joint. But our video was the first time we did the joy with Omar called Senner Bread. That's a fact had him. We had him acting with Omar like he was like, I ain't no fucking actor. I was like, these my nigga, we just got to get through this ship. That's the fact we're working with. He was a season actor and this nigga sitting there and looking real. I'm like, this nigga looks like he's serious. He's like words like you said, and I'm like, and the ship came out amazing, Like that's what I said. This is not real man, Pat Right, We like I said, we go. We got a history to goet New York mixtape, mixtape, that's a fact, mixtape DVD. Ever gonna know one thing that you told me one time, rest in Pac your uncle. I was about to just say that, Yeah, we did the first song case Slay did this ship. We did a song called head of State and he was like, your niggas ain't gonna beef your niggasnna work together like, which I wish New York could do more now because we could have easily went down that bro because I've seen a beef with other niggas from the town and I'm like, nah no, a lot more unity in New York now. Yeah, But back then it wasn't cool to you know, especially when when the tsunami came and so me and son working so years later we did that song. We did many many men. We did a bunch of songs. But his uncles in rest in Headston peace man. Yeah, he said, Yo, you know that was my uncle's favorite songs I did. My life was a wild dude. Man rest in peace, my uncle. But it's so crazy anytime you see that nigga, he busts out and singing a song, but he's singing sagon verse. I'm happy for my You don't understand being sung like. It was to the point where I'm like, damn, me and Son because I had abandon nation, he had Nation and thug ocation like nigga were too similar and we've got the Brooklyn everything was like. But then it was like, you know what this niggas stand up nigga like Pat and easy to block clamp one thing, the easy to block ship because I've seen you hit that punching bag that you know what I said, if he one of them ships couldn't have been one of them that you have seen it. You know that you see the numbers come up. I don't want to hit to a thousand. That all that all rope, that all rope crazy. So you guys said there's a part two to this already you're working on it now. It's going to crazy. Man. I would tell you to open the scene, but I don't want to give it away. So where can they find a project and videos? A yeah? Well, the the actual project is of course Spotify, Apple Music. The visual was on to be million right now you millions million? So the visuals one short film? Right like a short film? Yeah, man, Like I'm telling you, bro, like really, I was really trying to get that ship. Like when I permitted, I permitted in the movie did like I wanted to do something different, bro, and just add on to to what we do in hip hop. You know what I'm saying. We took our time, We took baby steps, like a year and a half working on the acting more. Bro should act more. Bro, Well you're good at You're good at that ship, like even when we doing Siner's Prayer, because you know, I'm on a new show with Shock. I got to know you want to throw that out there myself more to a couple of y'all. Y'all seen like, yeah, main things on it. Big Daddy came, Yeah, and it's it's the Mob show. It ain't. You don't let's sho grab your head though. Hell God, kept want no nonse another side something, But yeah, man, Like like I said earlier, Man, I'm real happy about how to wait and I tell him tell them this behind the scenes, like the way they're receiving the project.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: Pause you know what I'm saying. Sometimes as creatives we have a vision when we make our music and like, yeah, wait till they hear this and you put it out and they don't receive it that way. Man, the love I'm getting off this project, I feel real good. Deserve it. I'm happy about it. Man. So like I said, it's independent but distributed through United Mass distributed to the United Masters slash Win Records. I mean, we we a machine, man. You know, I'm tired of being humble. We wanted the best doing it right now. We wanted the best on the music side. On the sports side, we signed a lot of new fighters to win slash selet the promotions, so y'all will see me promoting fighters. Congratulations to the love of my life, Florissa Shields eight million dollar deal again. I gotta say it. You know what I'm saying. I'm just happy to be there positive things. Man, I talked my shirt and you're gonna cut me off here for I'm not allowed to talk. He called me last look ahead, no way, no go ahead. Now ever more arcade like I'm in a tech You know I've been in the tech. That's a fact. That hip hop my way, hip hop my way. Yuh. I got music my Way. The new app about to drop January. It's for it's for director consumer. I believe if you got to get a million streams to make three thousand dollars, you might as well just go get three hundred niggas's gonna give you one hundred dollars. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. You might you better off doing it like that. Go get some three niggas who really believe in you, if you talented, Because I look at streaming even me and monthly listeners and all that shit. I'm like, I got sixty thousand, seventy things. I know, I got weight. I don't sold one hundreds of thousands of records independently. Right, it's a it's a it's a you know, it is what it is. But what I want to say is evermore Okay, Like I'm in at Tech, Shot to Suit, shout Up, mars A Cash, all these guys, they got these platforms. That's really showing artists how to be a business. Like really an I p O, like you can go you as Nori could be like funk that you want to buy some stock and Norri you could buy stock and Norrid they can put you on an I p O. Your a legal entity as a public business. I like that with individual music too, Like l Russell's was doing that, it's doing that now he's doing That's something. It's something different. It's something way different. I know, but I'm saying there's different ways of doing it. Now he's not on the stock saying no, no, no, no, that's crazy, that's crazy. Like you can go public like so my man said some ship up my man soup. You might know soup. You know slow bucks he started slow bucking. Oh yeah, no soup, yeah, soup, my guy, yeah shot soup, so and a cash. They put the ship together and my man, Mike's I ain't gonna say his last name. This is the third time on on drink chance y'all clown me for saying mike' semen, Mike like you more attention to you just said, but now evermore not gonna lie. He's one of the smartest people I know ever more r K. He got this. They give our million dollars a year or for playing fucking app like the technology. Ship is where the money's at. Money. Tech is the new oil. Tech is oil. Technology content is oil. That's why these streamer kids look at us like we dinosaurs. They do something called I r L in real life. They don't even record something and put it up if it ain't happen. When it happened, it ain't happen, and then they clip it so they don't sit there and recorded edited. They shoot me live like you should have streaming head and shooting this ship live, then clip it up on kid. Yeah. Yeah, that's that's what these that's how and it's so it's so mid because everything is ad based. If you can get eyeballs, that's what you YouTube is doing. That's why Netflix just did that deal with our heart. You're getting that. They're saying fuck you to we have to cut that niggas next all. It's a lot of it's a lot of things that we got to be privy to because we are the oil and the engine. Were the ones that make this ship cool. We're the cool factor. Without us, none of this ship works, you know what I'm saying. You see the only niggas making the big money. We think a few ms is money. And then they look like, oh they lick. They think they think they lick because they made a few ms. Meanwhile we made the hundreds of million. We make a hundreds of millions. That's why those billionaire part Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's why they're making billionaires a regular thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah they're going for trillion exactly. Noigas trying to hit a trillion like a couple of niggas. And yeah, I think it's a double sword, believe So I think I think it's I think it's it's evolution.
Speaker 2: It's awesome for the creator. There's a lot that we could do with it. But I think we don't really fully understand the long term like a gun.
Speaker 1: Like a gun, you could use a gun for good or you can use it for bad. You can use a gun to protect your family, but shoot itself unless you drop it. This AI can shoot itself. Said about somebody got pro that's not what the creators about AI you think about. I just think I think it's it's evolution. I think it's it's it's definitely evolution. It's technology.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: The thing about it is with with how far do you let it go?
Speaker 2: I think the creed is the part that's gonna exactly where it's gonna go.
Speaker 1: Left isn't putting the guardrails. I think. First of all, I want to say shout out to because you talk about music or just over I'm just going to music right now, we're talking about talking about more. I'm just talking about the music aspect of it. I was able to do to make a nice sized bag with Google like do an AI project, so they had me, John Legend and a bunch of people, so I see where it could be productive. That's sure feeding your family. But I'm just saying this. As far as the music, I think the wack rappers in trouble. I think niggas that really could rap, they're good because A I can't do it real, I don't know. Ye're hearing them fifty so many men songs, like when they do the old school.
Speaker 5: One reggae version, the original version and more. You're saying for originality, I'm saying. I'm saying, like deliriousis they can't. I haven't seen the AI do that.
Speaker 1: I don't know, so Jo it's crazy. I'm gonna tell you what to dude, both of y'all go to chat g B team be like, do a dis record against Norri and you go there, I did that ship that ships flaming megas, you record nigga disrecord against Sago. This ship new my whole life that this ship was flaming. I was like, and that's not even the crazy, not the crazy.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, Like we under educated with AI, and sometimes we think we sound cool by talking about AI without really knowing what really can potentially happen with AI.
Speaker 1: Like when I'm telling I'm looking, you gotta look at the CEOs and the people that create AI.
Speaker 2: They're warning they're they're scared of it if they created it, and they're scared of it.
Speaker 1: Then I don't know what then, so let me ask you, let me ask you. No Ai, but God comes down, God says, Pat, you gotta make a record for humanity. Nobody here. You can't pick nobody here. You get one producer and one feature. This record is gonna save your manity. Nine content just whatever? Who this Pat? Pick feature? Yep, that're all live? Okay, Okay, I made it easier for you when you said that I'm not impressive. I do it. The one, the one feature. I will have to say big. And the producer beat my brother Sean to no, no, no, what not not here? I can't he took him out. I didn't winness that. Okay, I'm gonna go honestly, I'm gonna go, doctor Drake. Oh that's all, Doctor Drake. Okay. Now I'm flippit of bouncing on you. Now the feature has to be alive. And now the producer it's passed away. Okay, the feature, I will say, nas you know what I'm saying somewhere to be honest, man, okay, and the producer gotta be deceased. Yes, I'm gonna say, John, I won't take you question. I missed the question, he repeating, who who's your favorite ducer?
Speaker 6: My favorite producers is uh Curtis Mayfield.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, that was that was the question. He answered different Yeah, a whole different things. It was a crazy scenario. Yeah, damn man, Curtis Mayfield Mayfield. I can hear that. I wasn't. I wasn't. I wasn't very I didn't even know Curtis Mayfield. But neither. Yeah, I ain't. I ain't. Never been stuck like that. Yeah, m you know us was the genius on the low. I'll be sure. I'll be sure still a genie. I'll be sure. Still musically, what's the last ship? Man? I don't believe. I don't believe. Being a genius is like playing basketball, like you don't get older and it's like stop being you know what I'm saying. You don't lose it. You don't lose it, like yeah, like you don't lose your knees achilles, don't break out on your geniusness, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, he's illegenious. He just gotta like he put in the right run using it no more. Yeah, I know. To me, you got to be put in the right room, like you know what I'm saying, Like you know what I'm saying, Like the credit he don't like he did all that Tevin Camp. He was writing the nigga pen and his insdruction. He produced his first album like the ineffect Mode or like Night and Day, all them songs they raised us and Ship. He was producing them Ships, Night and Day. I want to get on your nigga was writing them songs all. I'll be sure he brung the light Skin Brothers back out back out. It was out of style, and he brought the darkskin niggas back. Come on, who brought the niggas back after that? Because it goes back and forth going. Chris Brown got it right now, no, no, no after. I'll be sure. I would have to say about default nas Now's is in the middle son Nah he likes Nah, he likes Alien back t y, Yeah, I remember that. Can Wesley Snipe West Snipe. Biggie Big, bigger, bigger, different type big different. You know, every fat nigga got something fat in their name, like Biggie Small, chub Rock, fat Boys, heavy d You gotta acknowledge it. Every little nigga got little in their name. Too then, but every fat rapper you have to that's marketing without even realizing it, because you really have to acknowledge the fact that you know, you fat, a big dude that's already without without the extra, the largest, the biggest, the largest with that nigga name big asked the plug. It's another nigga. No that's not his name. His name he reminds me of pun. There's a couple of them that sits down on the couch when he performs oh drinking beef and when they by yeah yeah, I think shout out, I ain't this you man? Like he want all the action?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 1: What some of Peter fifthest on one on one right now like that kind of a k on the roof. Anybody can get it right now? Two fifty oh yeah right yeah? So what was your favorite summer jam? I mean shameless plugged the woman Buster brought me out back like seven man come true? Who was that? Who else was out there with y'all? It was a crazy lineup. I don't remember the whole lineup, but everybody performed that there everybody was when the record came out. I'm mistaken or most of us. But besides that, I ain't gonna lie, bro I'm gonna keep it real. I'm a not fan. When jay Z did that take over, well that really was that nas That was really more towards his prodigy. Yeah, but at the end, look how you ended it. One of the whole son, you know what it was like for Maybe he shouldn't have said that because the can I know, but you know what it was like he did want to nig to say that though I thought it was a typo, you know what I mean. That was one of the things I don't believe that I was here, said New York City history, like was like when like like like when they actually like indulged, like because we always thought we got a lot of girls little Jude, no of y'all do you always thought that? And then like it was going back and forth. But you know what's the crazy shit about that Prodigy picture. We all went to that studio, We all saw the picture and never looked at it as a war tactics like that was his grandmother's studio, like we all have, Michael Jackson. So one of your niggas gave that nigga. No, no, I mean like when you walked into a lot of people saw it. It was like an S I R. Studio. For lack of a better how did get it? Anybody have? You couldn't take a picture of them, but anybody could have. That's like anybody somebody walking in right now taking a picture of the drink already. But no one looked at it like war tactics. You know what I'm saying, because like one, we didn't put too and two together that because he was a ballerina was hated. It wasn't you. It was like it was I'm not allowed to say bad about Pete because the Internet gonna kill me anything I said about Pridy to me. But the picture didn't look like it looked like a young nigga would like it was dancing. It was strategic on Jay's side. He said.
Speaker 7: A ballerine. It was no one ever actually looks and says that's side of hey man, Hey, it was the way he said it. You the picture, Yeah, yeah, dropped ship one.
Speaker 1: Swishing like some ship like you addressing piece of po. P was one of the only niggas who post would get into jay Z skin Man constantly that nigga break that down. For breaking down, bro, jay Z knows everybody I ain't prodigy. That Nigga respawned Prodigy and Jim Jones fifty two fifty Curtis got him. Yeah, but I'm talking about like I'm about a dollar lost fifty fifty seved when he said that, I was mad that right, it was no denying fifty. But just like niggas, everybody game cruising that Nigga always responded to Pedo. Wow, I didn't realize that. Yeah, pople A, he had a mean run at one time. It's Peno. I'm gonna tell you something about Prodigy, right, He probably the most sampled voice in hip hop ever that nigga. Might I thot I used to I used to go between Guru method man, they all deep the l voice niggas that nigga Prodigy. Think about all the songs they sample for his songs, even jay Z jay Z sample. You know, I Illuminati. When my mind sold him about pun I gave you fair warning beware like that Nigga's voice is so sampled. He he had, he had a golden tone bro like. Yeah, he didn't even have to be crazy. Prodigy didn't have to be super duper duper like technically lyrical because his presidence. He has something that it's so hard to bite. His style, his that was unbiteable. Nigga couldn't bite Prodigy Nigga that could go for like Peter Gold, like four balls and nothing wrong and it's still wasn't infamous album. P That was afterwards he developed that like he was just thinking that Nigga went on the run his ship and nobody couldn't funk with him. He's glass tables and all that. Yeah, I throw a TV at you TV. He was saying. It was like better than the round for man, like the nigga with your rest places said I break red ribs one hundred dollars. His first lines is, so was the record come on catch you coming out your fucking crag nigga? All the killers in one hundred dollars that niggas is new with the saving for the ship ones was she wasn't a record. That ship was a move movement, Like I remember everything that happened in my life when that was coming. He too had the big stupid north face on jumping off the fran playing that more deep ship. Nigga, Yeah that was serious. You had a hell of a ton to let me. It was crazy I think I've seen another interview with the Homeboy the Thugs. Calm down, No, yeah, he did come again seeing my bigger probably my big record float. He's a monster. He's like one of the other producers. Like you can't you can't like listen to his sound and say that's him. Yeah, he can come in like you know, he got a sound though, but you gotta be yeah. I mean you, I mean yeah, yeah. What is he do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so, I mean yell like he did. Sometimes it's the snare.
Speaker 1: Sometimes sometimes George pro is dope. Rock is crazy. To see the Award a War show A l A Yeah, l A recently and they was break dancing like that's it. So when we were talking earlier, excuse me, I was pointing you. When we were talking earlier about the New York ship, I can't lie. I can't lie. L A gave it up, like they gave a whole little ceremony and they were breakdancing. You can tell there was no separation that night, that ship that you we're talking about, because I suffered from that too. That's like, damn. Why they always like kind of like like I don't want to say, look down l A wasn't like that though I'm talking about this. This was a party. Risin was there and everyone here South. We were talking about we were saying earlier is I let pat say because I don't want all about the situation, like we were talking about how he was here. He came at the end. I think he came towards the New York. We were just talking about how niggas behaving on New York. But that was the South South, and the West was different the West. I'm gonna tell you when the West started not liking niggas, when niggas was like you over there second or that New York did ice Cube, but ice col left n w A and went to the bombs Squas like no, no, no, no, n w A. But what are you saying? Ice Cube?
Speaker 2: Left wing wanted specific So.
Speaker 1: You remember when they just here's what they think about you. Here's what they think about since you over there sucking to so much New York, dick, don't you come east of that Chicago pussy? You don't remember that skit on n w AS album but produced by New York producers. No, that was n w AS. That was w A's rebuttal when he left the group when yeah, you're right, Nigga, when you're right. When he left the when Niggas for Life came out, that's when it because Ice Q came over here. When he left n w A, he came to the East Coast and started working with Bomb Squad was Public Enemy producers. They did the whole America's Most Wanting. That's why it sounds a lot like Public Enemy albums. So there's a skit on that. Here's what they thinking on Niggas for Life. Since you're over there sucking so much New York, Dick, won't you come east of the Chicago pussy? Some girl called up like the caller and them niggas they funk with us. Since then that really started. It wasn't its Ice come, yeah, look at you.
Speaker 8: I don't know, tell I remember, I know that's called I think Benedic Donalds was like, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 1: Niggas for Life. The album Nigga's Life was so like the West Coast had a mean they had run just like the South. Bro know Niggas for No of course it had a run before this, maybe longer or just as long, Ja quick J. The city Ship was old West Coast battle Cat DJ Quick. You gotta think that these niggas was killing doctor and Dope Man and Ship came out eighty eight. Bro, that's not the same time as Caane like Dope Man, Dope Man. Yeah, that's me. You cannot get a j and Icy and right and in that whole movement that she was eighties my brother Icy, that's family. They came to the Premier Man six, my brother that Ship was eight. That's eighties. Icey was playing the same character for thirty seven years. They finally cand them done what yeah they got. They ain't can't go Google Google's do the Icy Man. I ain't gonna lie that. That's family, Bro, I ain't gonna lie. Shout the Ice Man nigga. Yeah, Ice a real solid, that's a real down the ice before I knew she wrapped anybody. Bro. That's why he comes out here and helps New York artists. He loves literacy. Paint the pain, yeah, pain like Ice Teams. One of the first ones of Coach signed him. Ice Ty came out of co signing Mad Dude. Now that's how he is, bro. He embraced real hip hop. He embraced me as a young and he was smoothing. Yes, yeah, them niggas individual. When I was I'm like, is that Ice team? That's the fact. Just then when I did for me for my project, the nigga Ice pulled up.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: He always shows a solid just a real individual because of that, just because that's what he is exactly. Shout the last Pro man larst Pro did some beats for me, man and that ship like that mean, I was real happy about that.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I grew up listening to Large Bro. He mixed them down the whole ship, sent them to me like quality man. So I just want to shout him out. I love telling the story, telling a story. I'll go Toby, that Large Pro went to way Quan show and sat in the front, comes out and he have no so Bro left the show. He was like, I can't see the guard and not beating the guard.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I imagine. I imagine he don't even know how to order breakfast. I imagine Large Pro like, yo, you got the turkey bacon, like he's so hip high, like I don't know, I don't think he knows how to be like like normal, Like I don't know if you've seen that ship in La where Riz giving him an Award. He's so much like like how you did with us with the flowers. He's so much not used to like taking credit. He's sitting there the whole time is Riz is making him up. He's making like and I'm like, yo, take your He's so much hip hop like he can't see who, he can only see the image of the person that you are as a hip hop like. I don't think he'll ever call you like, I'm like, I wan't to ever call l L by his world name. I remember I was coming around and he was like Tard and and then people were violated, was like tell Tard and I was like, ta is tall, Like I'm like that man name is l my motheruck, I don't even give He tells me call me TA call me Jane, No, I refuse Yo, who jay to me? L L one of the only dudes that showed up with my brother K slave funeral man shot to l L. Also also when they was fronting you know what I'm saying, when I was trying to carry you on Slave Radio show and a lot of platforms was fronting because when he first died, they wanted to fake celebrate and all that l L gave me the Drama Hour every Friday. You know, I'm saying nine pm. I'm carrying on the legacy my brother case So l L is the solid individ. Yeah, speaks of Rock the Bells. Definitely, it's last time I seen you. And uh yeah, Rocky Bell's cruise. Yeah, I think about the Rock the Bells Cruise. It's a big deal. I ain't make one yet, but I do want to show. I've never been drink champs. Not perfect. Maybe I've never been in those summer jam that he's been. I've never been the first summer jam I tried like another first Nah had this limma with stickers on. It was ninety four. Nineteen ninety four was the first summer jam and we niggas ain't had no take. We was kids anyway, and niggas is just like oh ship, they go such you never performed that. I've never even been in the building when it was having a summer while I went to every one when I was never been there. I've never been inside in those bands. Now, I wanted to know Pleaser every summer jam before I got on, I was there every year. I've never been. He's like everyone, Yeah I was and when I performed. It was thanks to my brother Buster Man. Shout out the Buster. You know what I'm saying. He he brought me out. Man, that was a dreaming. Think is over? He thinks over. That's my next question. Somebody said, definitely not the same. It's not. It doesn't mean I think I think. If I think Flex is going to fight to the death, I ain't gonna lie. Let me just tell you something. Let's taking more this show. Wow. Yeah, let me tell you something, Peter, let me tell you something. Man, say something. Let me tell you Flex. You know, Flex is you know when the Titanic was going down and the guy is like this, hold on, he's that guy. He's also the guy on the plan and he's also the captain. He'll go out of this. Let me tell you something, Man was not even everybody, yo, every artist even, and Flex never played your record. He never played it as much you as you wanted them to play or whatever. Yo, my nigga, you want to sit back. I sat back a long time ago. I said, this motherfucker is on the radio every day for five hours. My whole life. Man flexed drive and his grind and his dedication to this DJ ship is to be studied. Say what you want niggas is ninety seven new location. They got roaches in the building. When I heard that, they come up with that's just like nigga, we standing on your ship. You see this loal Flex he said, we're going down with the shiro me pull over, yo, man, throw your head out the window. It's crazy, bro. Recently going that's staring the cat stop. So I just went out a new song recently where I'm paying you know the niggas. You gotta pay to do the mix show. So staying that on your phone? No, no, no, know you're paying that yeah, up the pet radio promo. So I'm like, I need Flex. At least I had a new song, right. So Flex was like I want to get on the phone with him. This is like literally three three four weeks ago weeks. So I'm like, why do you like? So I'm like, fuck it if you want to get on the phone more than like, he's gonna play the record. But I don't understand what the issue is. So he gets on the phone. He's like, Yo, it's been more to my attention. You have some niggative things you said. I'm like, Flex, you could scatter the whole internet. I ain't never said no. Fact, I respect niggas don't like you. Flex does not take no he don't. I said, Yo, he don't take no money. I said, he want to make sure y'all good like Nigga. I ain't about to be sitting here celebrating the nigga to be shipping on me. He was like, I don't know, I don't know. I don't know. It's like Nigga's been telling me some things. I'm like, yo, fam, I'm like, yo, I ain't never said nothing bad about it. I said, Yo, this is ship called chet GBT Nigga. That ship was scoured the whole world. And then play and then he played the record. And he started playing the record and I was like, nah, most dedicated, one of the most dedicated DJs I've seen besides slave like slave man talk. Yes, how many jail people come up to you ask you about law library? Oh? I can't even count it, bro, Like I had dudes come up to me like, and I can tell they who they say to y'all and they're like, yo, bro, it wasn't for you. I wouldn't have got through my bed. I wouldn't have knew about the technicality. That helped me come home. You know what I'm saying. Like, Yo, when I was locked up, law library saved me. So that besides alphabetical, that's another express That ship, right, y'a took me going in that should be another one of those visuals and everything visual. It's content thing, it is visual. Now you did a lot. You know my ship was charaised though oh yeah, my ship was raised. Who am I like? That ship was that concept? That's when I was like, that was slaves. They gave me that beat man and never forget it. He's like something that live from the hood. That was my ship, bro, and it forced men. I need to put that out to me. Man, you ever got criticism for alphabetic No, I got a lot of copy cats, though I ain't getting called me a copy cat when I did letter P so I didn't let her with coolgie rat. I'm like Nigga. I did one letter this nigga person that I remember that Nigga did the whole Outmit. This ship ain't nothing, nah, I hear him on that poof. I told you, bro, if I'm on the stay and I'm getting a steal, I go sorter bag when I used to battle on the street a nigga. If a nigga went about alphabetical slow time, that sh saved my life world. And the way I came up with that was I remember when I was a kid and I read that they said Malcolm Mix read the whole dictionary when he was in jail. I was like, damn, you read the whole dictionary. I never forgets autobiography, I'll tell you. Yeah, he said that. Yeah, so I wouldn't have got it was the Webster's Third World College Edition. I never forget it. And I read that I started doing it. When I started doing it. While I'm doing it, I'm like, yo, I could make a rap about this ship, and I started doing the noise for that ain't gonna. I thought Malcolm was out of his making mind. I never messed upody. You really read the whole diction? Yeah? When I I got it for Malcolm Mixed though, yeah. Yeah. When I seen that, I was like, I'm copying that ship. Okay, do you write rhymes down? Or I used to when I was young, but as I got older, if I if I write around them, I might wrap about the paper. So like, through the course of my real talk, real ship. I might trap about the so like this right here is inspired and I'll make a verse out of this right here, just sitting here with you'll, like, throughout the course of my day, my experiences, I'm always thinking of lines and ship. Wow you right, well, yeah, you're right right, Yeah, me too, because I have to memorize. It's like smoke marijuana. You know what happened. You know what happened When Biggie said he didn't write, everybody started saying it right right. But some of these books to write, I'm gonna tell you what I'm gonna tell you. I'm gonna tell you about gimmick because most of them be in the studio when they make, when they creating. So whether I write it down or say it in the mic, it's the same ship and recording it. So whether I write it down, I'm recording it. But whether I think and I just say instead of writing it, I'm just gonna say it and then I'm gonna go wait and then come up with the next line. Niggas build a rhyme up. Niggas don't for me, but yeah, right, Niggas act like niggas going and and be like and then go freestyle the whole ship. Nah. Only certain niggas caund do that. But for me, that there not right. And Shane Wayne could do that. Yeah, Wayne Wayne cooked as dope as shout the Wayne he jumped on. I did ready. I did ready with Wayne, and I thought I was nice cooked Me. Wayne is insane dope lyricists. That's one of the lyricists. Bro Like for real, I didn't know he do that in the studio. He sent me the verse that he did for me. Yeah, he centers to you fast but not writing ship. What happened with me was when I, like I said, I might wrap about the paper, So I got to find another way to write, like and I get inspired to experience it. So I got to a space where I couldn't write. So by default I didn't write for years. But like I said, Biggie made it cool. Every rapper claimed they don't write. I don't know. Let me ask you a question. I'm familiar with the art named d one. Yeah, we just had. He was after and he showed up because he reminds me of him before me. Huh, I met him. I got a new song coming out, my new songs when okay, and I ain't like he's like positivity. I got a lot of respect, but his skill level still like when you put yourself in a bubble where you can't talk about niggas. He don't curse, you don't nigga, you don't say is old. So he puts itself in a little bubble like you ain't got a lot of room. I don't think that's the problem. You know what I think is a problem. I don't think he's got a problem. I think that the little problem is is when he gets through to a brother. Let's suppose he got through to g Z or whatever, right and he says, yo, man, geez, like how you taking your approach and you you're doing a new leaf and then you know it whatever. But then he'll go, but I want you to go undo what you did. And that's just you just can't take it back. I don't just can't punch. I never heard him like yeah, he'll say like, yeah he said that, I forget who it was. What like all the damage you called? Yeah, yeah, he wants people to renounce it in the damn. Don't telling niggas sell coke, Telling niggas destroy the community. Tell niggas yo, push keys, but you can't undo that. You can't you could grow. I never heard him say that though. Yeah, I forget who it was, and I wanted to call him personally and be like because I believe he like was trying to get through to a artist. I forget who it was, and he got through to him. He was like, Yo, So all I want you to do is like you know, telling people that you sorry. Yeah, I don't may have called I don't. I don't think if I remember the game Maddics Madix when you like you got something in your hand, I don't think you ever forgive me for that, Like you know what I mean? Like I could do that to you in third grade. You could be fucking sixty three years old. It's like I need to give him back. Imagine nigga giving you a wedgiety is unforgivable. If you picked me up on my throw, what you got to the unforgivable we got be for I don't think. I don't think that. I don't blame hip hop stuff like that, right, Like you know what I mean? It's bro, you got Smith and Wesson, you got all these different guns, skip past them and blame hip hop Jones talked the other day Earn your Legia was saying that we all kind of need to take responsibility because hip hop has gave a lot of positivity, but it gave a lot of negativity. What do you say to that? I disagree? Okay, I disagree. Do you know how many, bro we wouldn't be sitting here without hip hop exactly? Do you know what I mean? Jobs hip hop created? How many lives hip hop has saved? Like I don't understand probably shooting at each other in the probably like my only way out when I was going through that type of ship in my life, the only thing I had to look forward to with you one day, I'm I'm gonna be successful in hip hop, Like that's something to look forward to when it's creating jobs and it's doing a lot of things. We live in America, man, America is built on balance and set and raping pillage. So you can't just blame hip hop. You skip past all of these more smith and Western hecking, the cotch, all of these different mother fuckers who distributed distributed fire rooms, and you blame hip hop for the balance in America. No, no, no, it don't make sense. I don't think. I don't think. I don't blame hip hop no no, no, I met before. I think I think creed their own taking ownership. That d one you gotta talk about shameless plug Well wishes you like I want dope though he's dope, definitely Like one thing that one thing a nigga won't do is try to test this pandemic. That's one thing I'm gonna point out to you. A nigga won't try. I don't say more than you counted. I'm very long, very boor yes you do. I was watching you. I was like, I'm counting. I'm like this nigga not because I'm trying to be better with my own self. So like that, how do we what's the word to replace it? Ain't I tried to replace it with slime. That ain't it. That's my thigh. You know what I'm saying, because I was trying to, like, you know, one everybody ain't yet in word and to everybody ancient slime like the way they use slime right now, from Young Doug to the gang members. It's like, I'm kind of mad. Did I get y'all that? You know what I'm saying? Like that was on the first person. That was me trying to actually replace the in world, trying to say something else. But then I realized slime itself is also a negative kind of you know what I mean, because it's like, yo, nobody flim right like, So yeah, that was I think what I think what happened was and everybody ain't your brother neither. I hate that's the fact. Let me just say this. A lot of people in this industry that I that I love and that I call brother, right, but then I see who they call brother, and it's like, it kind of doubts me of my brotherhood with you because that dude that you just said my brother ain't your brother. You ever had a white dude call you brother? And it felt racist? Like logan like yeah, bro, you like come on, bro, like like to say, what are you saying? You're being funny? You know, let me say this. We got to go to Let me say this real quick. First of all, I want to salute you on the end world, Okay. I love that. I respect the growth of it because you saw me on the phone to it and I respect it. But I think what happened was, you know, one of the last things our people heard when they was throwing in the self getting that cell. Nigga right or die nigga and slavery. That word was used against us so bad. I think in modern times our people kind of flipped it like and use it more as a term of endem it. You that nigga or my nigga. You know what I'm saying expression to show up. Maybe we had the wrong direction, So I salute you on what you can. I say one thing forcuse you're about to cut my ship, yo. One thing we do that with not just that word. Look at what we did with dope. That ship is dope like them sniggers is crack, But dope is not offensive. You said dope was something that destroyed our community. There's there's people who can who can get into this room and you say dope like like my a fiend, go go and recovery. Want somebody, want somebody you know what, somebody grew up in a cane or they might say, oh they might dig you fresh. But nigga is offensive. Like it's like like we go on only the only the other. Because I wasn't to say something to me to me, I went out to clip one day and I was with a person that it's half and half, but the way they were saying it in this restaurant, it was like I was offended even though I know that they have too, and I was just like, yo, bro, can we keep this down like like like like when you like my nigga, I was and my nigga and like every other race ever study Have you ever study the word niggas n.
Speaker 5: E g u.
Speaker 1: I don't want to make out of it because I was at and yeah, I don't want to. Somebody was using it and I was like you, I'm like because I'm thinking they using it because I don't mean it. I know what it means in America. I know what it means to our grandmothers. I know what it means to our grand but I don't think that means that to us. I think it just means I see a cat like that nigga try to scratch me. I'm not thinking about it. Just means, man, just just I love this thing. And then I like, I like the growth respect because I do. I do respect you. I mean, we are cocky those people. We're gonna beat those people. Right Like the other day on the internet, it was this white Cuban guy talking about he's white of the kid. The kid white and he walked out and he was like yo. He was like yo, my nigga, my nigga. And the black dude just checked him, was like are you black like like and he was like no, but I'm Cuban and it was like yeah, but your persona doesn't indicate your Cuban. I see no Cuban bees. I thought you was just white and I just hug hooked off on you. It wouldn't have been wrong, right, So I'm sorry to get deep on this, but I just wanted to say that we was tormented by that world so much. I feel like we flipped it. Yeah, no, it don't bother us. Yeah, term of endement, you know what I'm saying. You'll get words power. You get words their power. We give words the power. Like like when I was in prison, all the god bodies turned into bloods, right I was around in that timebody was godbody around around ninety four ninety Bluddy Larry, they went, we went from god. They wanted to Larry. If you're calling your something, I'm the guard. I'm a dog. Like you just want to call yourselfing from a God to a dog, something that walks on that balls but anything else parton me. No, No, I just want to say, man, thanks to y'all. You know what I mean. Let me. I want to write that balls on wheels The Journey to Save Hip Hop the short filmed the album out there on all digital platforms, and I just want to salute you real quick, and to be too right on to me real quick. I want to salute you because I seen when you first started this and now everybody doing it. Everybody why? And also you know what you was up to it first? What is he doing? Now? You're one of the biggest platforms. You know what shut the tiger bone? You know, Tobe Kobe.
Speaker 2: Drink Chance is a Drink Champs LLC production hosts and executive producers n O r E and dj e FN. Listen to Drink Champs on Apple podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by yours truly, dj e FN and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials that's at drink Champs across all platforms. At the Real noriagon Ig at Noriega on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on ig at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink Champs dot com