Speaker 1: On today's episode The Command Center Podcast, we are previewing the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The wait is finally over. We get to talk about actual football. We're gonna talk about the offense. It's a new look group. What are they gonna bring? We all can't wait to see the defense. How do they stop Mighty Evans? And we have a brand new segment.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, hell no.
Speaker 1: It all starts right now. Welcome to The Command Center Podcast. The People's Choice Podcast Award nominee. I'm Logan Pulseoneer with Fred Smoot and Santanamos. Yeah, and guys, just to remind you, I think the voting for this People's People's Choice Podcast Award is done tomorrow. Yes, so make sure you check your inboxes, look for that email, send it back and hopefully we have I'm.
Speaker 3: Proud that we was e nominated. Let's just be honest. I'm proud we was nominated because it was a lot of podcasts up there. I'm proud, so thank the fan base for showing us support.
Speaker 4: Hey man, this is one of the first time that I'll say I will accept the moral victory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I'm okay, okay with just being you like, more victory at all.
Speaker 1: So that's exciting. We're you know, we got a lot of football to talk about, lots of football to talk about. We're previewing the Commander's Tampa Bay game. But first let's talk more victories with animals. Yeah, more victories of animals, because you know this is this is kind of taking on the life of its own. The comments sections always talking about you can't beat a gorilla, you couldn't beat a bear. There's no animal you could beat, and so, uh, Jason, our producer, went online and looked up what was it, Jason, he looked up.
Speaker 2: I looked up like animals didn't have beens.
Speaker 6: With animals men with bare hands and if they survived or not, and then what the result of that.
Speaker 3: So basically, what you're telling us is the Romans were strong grouped in them.
Speaker 2: Well also they also we're talking about like.
Speaker 1: Just bare hands versus.
Speaker 2: The woods, and this thing approached me.
Speaker 3: Listen, you know what, I am from Mississippi that not have been in the woods and ran into a bear and my folks had to pray for that bear. That's all I'm telling you. I'm gonna tell you something that you don't think it's dangerous that. I don't think none of y'all can handle. And that's at least a four point deer. If you run into a deer in the woods, now, deer would kick you.
Speaker 2: To the ground.
Speaker 1: You see those videos of people walking out to their car in the morning and they surprised the deer and the deer just runs right.
Speaker 2: Listen to me, A deer will miss you up.
Speaker 4: I was riding my back the other ninety seeing like four deers and they surprised me.
Speaker 5: They was in the dark and I had my light on it and I blind them and they want to just scattered.
Speaker 4: Please don't come this run that way, please, because I mean, you can't outrun them. And one of the things about it is crazy because it's like they're not trying to hurt you, but they just don't know what they trying.
Speaker 3: To protect themselves and what they do. So is it any animal? Come on, we were part of the one percent out for me a group. Is it any animal we can beat with our bare hand?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I could beat it.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the video?
Speaker 6: There is a video out there of like a kangaroo that grabs and put.
Speaker 2: On the block and the guy goes up in boxes.
Speaker 1: Also, I mean we're talking about crazy internet stuff. That wass the dude who jumps in the lake after his dog gets bit and wrestles the dog away from an allegator, my dog lap, that's.
Speaker 2: The last time. What about a well, you know, Florida having a problem with pythons.
Speaker 3: Now, so do you think because people got pissed and they letting them into they have a glade, do you think you can handle a python in the water.
Speaker 2: In the water in the water man.
Speaker 1: Probably not. I wouldn't feel very comfortable, very confident, But I think so.
Speaker 2: You got to you got to poke the eyes out.
Speaker 1: So are you just making stuff up?
Speaker 2: And I'm telling you how to the ice?
Speaker 1: Obviously obviously.
Speaker 5: Eyes volume volume ten?
Speaker 2: All right, so actual reporting here?
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, So apparently a Colorado man fought off a mountain lion.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was.
Speaker 2: It was an adolescent mountain lion. I would say it was not a grown maund lion.
Speaker 1: But he did you just to I think it was like ninety one hundred pounds. Dude, just choke you could choke that out. It's like it's gonna scratch you up. I'm not saying you're gonna feel great afterwards, being all right, what.
Speaker 3: Would you do if you were walking through the wood just just minting, you old being, You've just seen a dude over there wrestling.
Speaker 1: The mountain lin, Well, hopefully I go over to help him out.
Speaker 4: Whatever trail, whatever trail I was on the wine, I'm gonna be walking this way, you know, because you know what the first thing you wanna do it pick up my phone like its din a dude.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna mind my business.
Speaker 4: That's that's what mother let me start, because I'm about he can't even beep that one out. No, But what I'm saying and what I meant is that's what people's problem is. That's you know, they mind, they don't mind their business, and then they end up being eighting by that damn mountain line and hey, get off.
Speaker 1: They tear to it, dude, like those people Yellowstone that are like trying to take pictures with the bison and they get really close and the bison runs them over. It's like that's a wild animal, dude.
Speaker 3: Animal don't know how to buy it by your rooms, all right, at the end of the day, a buffalo listen, do.
Speaker 2: You know how big an elk is.
Speaker 3: Nobody ever talks about an ilk, but I don't know if you've ever seen one walk crowd Street.
Speaker 2: It's bigger than your car, bigger than your car. It's beginning. I don't know if that's it is they got you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna Jason Reader thinking, I'm gonna fact checking out. There are very very I know they're big, but like they are huge.
Speaker 3: So what what animal is the most dangerous? The kids more people than any I mean person, I mean kid multiple.
Speaker 2: He told us on the last show, I did hippo. Yes, it's hip.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, let's get it.
Speaker 2: Okay, you ganded man killed a lion?
Speaker 1: Dude, how big was the lion?
Speaker 2: Okay? So most off the problem.
Speaker 6: The problem with this reporting is that the lion after he killed him, he like butchered it. So he says he killed the lion with justice, bare hands, but there's no report.
Speaker 2: Basically, just trust me, I trust him.
Speaker 3: If anybody gonna get the job done, come on, it's around him. I always say, if it's in your environment, you can't handle it. Like I'm from Mississippi, Louisiana, so it's a lot of animals just there that other people don't have to take on.
Speaker 2: Most people don't even know the dim between the cracker dile and a alligate. It's I mean, they're different.
Speaker 1: I'm a human being around them.
Speaker 2: I'm around certain.
Speaker 4: I'm around dogs every day, and I ain't trying to get bit by dog. I ain't trying to see myself in that situation.
Speaker 5: I don't care if it's a chihuahua. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I find that I find the felines more intimidating because you cannot run from them.
Speaker 2: You can't climb a tree.
Speaker 1: Are scary.
Speaker 3: Big cats are scary, Like, if they want you dead, you are dead.
Speaker 6: Montana, two guys were camping and they fought and killed a grin bear.
Speaker 1: This is the wrestlers. Yes, it was like a bunch of high school wrestlers. They went and they saved they we don't purpose they killed the bear the one I read.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm not an investigator.
Speaker 6: I just clicked on the link and read the first couple of sentences. It said they killed the grizzly bear. That's what it said. I didn't read how big it was or anything. I personally don't care how.
Speaker 1: They use bear hands.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, well they didn't have anything, like, they didn't have weapons. I don't know if they were choked it out. Maybe they grabbed.
Speaker 2: They had to choke it out. That's your only thing to cut off the oxygen.
Speaker 1: I mean, you could pick up a rock, maybe if you had a knife. Maybe, I don't know. The revenant.
Speaker 4: I just don't want to be in that situation where I had to think about what I'm gonna used with this bear, you know, against this bear.
Speaker 5: I don't even have to be in.
Speaker 4: Those situations like you want a boy scout? Why do people I know, I never wanted to be a boy scout.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 2: I don't want nobody was. I said, I had to get it out of the got to do it. The boys say the scent of the jail curl juice with a tract animals. So he told me to leave my spread. What you know how you had a little story went no, no.
Speaker 3: You know how you had to like the little high top of ad guys put the little kid in it.
Speaker 5: You had a little duke.
Speaker 3: I had to little duke in my head. And then so my uh scout master Kevin told me before we going out here, check this out, you might need to leave take your curl out, take the juice out. And I'm like, what are you talking about? He like, because it's attract wild animals.
Speaker 2: And I was like, well okay, and I went in there.
Speaker 3: I had my little my little wit camper home, and my homeboy talked about me.
Speaker 2: It was so fun.
Speaker 1: I joined, I'm not up on what do you what do you call the oil putting your hair? Duke? I'm not up on that so young, I'm not up on that. But if you have any insight, information, audience, or even comment.
Speaker 4: I had a duke one time. Man, I put it in, I didn't get the curl and went straight.
Speaker 2: I had a walk.
Speaker 5: I'm like, damn, what you know? You got some bad You.
Speaker 2: Don't get the carol? Then what they do is south is the hair?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I understand what I'm saying. Like matter of fact, you couldn't wear it when you were camping.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He was just giving me insight. Yeah, like, don't get close to the fire because you hate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's what I get.
Speaker 2: Yea, what happened to Michael Jackson?
Speaker 3: Yeah, his carol got his carroll caught on fire?
Speaker 2: What did Michael jackson hair caught on fire? You's younger than I can forgetting round.
Speaker 1: Come on, enough of animals and Jerry curls and fires. Let's talk about some football. What do you think you're all right? So the Washington Commanders have the Tampa Bay Buccaneers coming up. We'll start on the We'll start on the offense, the ball. Okay, what are the expectations? High level, highest of levels for the offense. Sorry, not your mike. Going into this week one match up versus this type of back uh.
Speaker 3: For the first four weeks of the season, legitly the most unpredictable team in the NFL. We are You don't know what our offense looks like. You don't know what Kif clean Berry wants to do. You don't know what our running game looks like. You don't know what he want to do.
Speaker 5: You want to say Cliff and.
Speaker 2: Rub together. I know.
Speaker 3: It's a hard name. It's a hard name to say five times in a row. It just it is all right, Cliff, all right, king perfect. They don't know what to expected in this office. So for the first four weeks, everybody gonna be playing on their heels. They're gonna play safer defenses against us. To understand what we are doing. So if we're ever gonna lead off hot, it's gonna be now. I and they understand we have the capability to run the ball, and not just with the two running backs, with the quarterback.
Speaker 2: That's the X fact.
Speaker 3: When you have that on a defense, A defense is no this being but don't break because we don't want to give him confidence.
Speaker 2: Early and let him make a big play.
Speaker 5: You asked high expectations or hig what just.
Speaker 1: A high level high like like general expectations for the team. You think you Fredie kind of hit on the head there.
Speaker 5: I think he hit it down the head.
Speaker 4: I think also too, when you look at it, the one thing you could bank on in any any offense.
Speaker 5: I mean, and we don't know this offense ship. We haven't seen it.
Speaker 4: We haven't seen these guys run you know, Cliffs offense.
Speaker 5: But we know of his offense.
Speaker 4: And I think the one thing we can bank on being something of a norm for us is leaning on our run game.
Speaker 5: I think, I think if.
Speaker 4: You hand the ball off to to be rob and knowing what we can do with the quarterback, that's going to be something that I feel like that's going to be our I guess you can say bingo.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean, something that we can all say, hey, at the.
Speaker 4: End of the day, we can do this, we can do this, and this is going to set up whatever we do outside. And I really don't know. Like I said, I really don't know. I'm I'm I want us to come out slinging it. Yeah, you know what I mean. I wants to come out just be that team that we expect this office to be, spread out.
Speaker 5: Sling it all round the part.
Speaker 4: But I think having be robbed to me, I really think be rocking the habits. I have one of those seasons I think we have been waiting on. I think it's gonna be a lot of RPOs.
Speaker 3: Letting him be the describator, not just in the past game, but the describator in the run game, giving him these big windows to throw in. That's why I say, you start off running. So when he started to throw in the windows and you want him to get that third and nine completion.
Speaker 2: That wonder is huge. Just make the play.
Speaker 3: So I say, let him be the ball handler kind of like Steve nashing hiss thing from.
Speaker 2: The beginning, and give him easy throws.
Speaker 3: I don't want his first couple of week for him to be out there making all fifty to fifty throws, I don't think that's where I want him at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think that's interesting. The run game stuff because they have Anthony lenn He's been a part of some very diverse run schemes. You got Brian Johnson the quarterback coach, who was part of that Philadelphia run schemes.
Speaker 2: So they can do anything. They can do.
Speaker 1: They can do own read with the quarterback like you're saying, they can do urpo. They can have a more quarterback centric run system. I don't know if you want to do that with Jayden because of his body type. The thing I would just call attention to is with Todd Bowles, the defensive coordinator, head coach, kind of defensive coordinator for Tampa Bay, is they're one thing that they want to do, probably more than anything, is stopped the run. So they run a three to four base defense, right, so three defensive lineman, four linebackers. Those linebackers are like edge shetting thumpers. So that's like traditional like heavy personnel. Right, So when you watch them last year, like they'll be in like three four personnel versus eleven versus like three wide receiver sets, which is very unusual. So what I would say is, to Tanni's point, if I want to run the ball, it's gonna look a little different than how I would normally do it. I want to spread them out. I want to get it.
Speaker 2: Go three wat getting the ten. Run down here, getting the ten.
Speaker 1: See if you can get them out of that heavy personnel. See if you can get them saying oh, let's go on our four down look with our two linebackers, because I do think you're gonna have to run the ball. But just Todd Bowles like his like the genesis of his defense is stopping the run.
Speaker 4: And then with that being said, just knowing how how Cover two kind of you know, gives you those different lanes, those different avenues you can throw the ball in too. I mean, some of the things that I love when we when you face Cover two team is the high low aspect, you.
Speaker 5: Know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I love when I love hitting corners in those Cover two you know holes and knowing that, Okay, I'm gonna play these games with them. I'm running this under right over here, I'm running this hitch over here to set up this corner from this tight end or to setup this corner from this slot guy and then eventually that that coner tends to drop back a little bit.
Speaker 5: Now I'm throwing and I'm throwing a hit.
Speaker 4: So I mean, it's so it's it's not an easy defense to you know, go out there and just you know what I mean. But also when you have a young quarterback, yeah, you got to think about how they're gonna be put pitt in their ears back saying that's going after them too. Well, that's why Kim show us that he can read this stuff and know what to do when we send his heat.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's why you gotta love Beadish in this team because Beyondish and Vita Vea is where everything starts and ends. Like the center in the nose guard. Ain't too many those guards left in his league. He is one of them.
Speaker 2: So you want to talk about stopping the run, I got two words for you that Vita Vea.
Speaker 3: We got to move him out of them between Sam Cosmy. It's not what I say, having a gouard like Cosmy, having a center like Beaddish, they can get their job done.
Speaker 2: But if you're gonna.
Speaker 3: Run on this team, moving him is the first thing you have to do. Putting him in the lap of those linebackers is what you gotta do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's hard to put three sixty in someone's lap, but they're gonna have to figure out a way to do it right.
Speaker 2: You gotta make him stagnant.
Speaker 1: You know. I think another interesting thing that we haven't really seen, but you know, we've talked about a little bit this offseason is Brian Robinson running the football, you know, getting him down here. You mentioned he's gonna have a good year. But Austin Eckler too. Like the usage of both those guys, how they're gonna fit together in this offense, because again, we can do a lot of different stuff to get you out of what you want to do, and so run the football off like we can get into what I would call like pony personnel. We got the two fastbacks and they're no fullback and spreads you out.
Speaker 2: We still have a.
Speaker 1: Seven man blocking surface. We can do some damage up there. So I I expect them to use both those guys in the past game and the run game maximize that group.
Speaker 3: Do you want to attack the edges to tire out of Vita veya.
Speaker 2: Early in the down. Do you want to make him do this?
Speaker 3: Like usually when our offense to see us with a big detac of the first thing they say is let's make him chase early and we'll run down.
Speaker 2: He'll let him late.
Speaker 1: Dude. I've told this story a million times, but it's one of the funniest stories in two thousand to me about like big personnel. So in twenty ten or eleven, we played the New England Patriots at home, and I remember we were on the first fifteen plays. Kyle had us going from yep from twelve to eleven to ten, back to twelve, thirteen's in there, and we were switching personnel every single time. And I was like, you know, that's a little unusual for Kyle, like he likes to switch personnels, but it was a lot.
Speaker 5: So I was like, you know why, trying to get that big boy time, and he.
Speaker 1: Was like, I want Vince Wilfork to run from the field, yes, to the sideline, thank you, and then back. So that's one way to do it, right, get him off the field.
Speaker 3: And then think about it, Not only do we get the becks to go side ways, our quarterback can go sideway. So that's what I'm saying, if I'm Tempa Bay right now, knowing what I know, I know one thing about this. I know two things about this offense. I know they want to move quick. I know they want to speed the tempo up. There tempo team that we did show that in the preseason with a tempo team, and they got a mobile quarterback. Them the only two facts they know about other than that, it's all upon us to dictate to them what are we gonna do it, and how we're gonna do it, and how they're gonna stop it.
Speaker 5: And what good smart smart man.
Speaker 1: So so that segues really nicely into the next question, which is, you know what, like obviously they've shown the tempo, they've shown the mobility of Jaden. What is like, what can we expect from Cliff and what can we expect from Jaden in the week in the week one outing.
Speaker 3: I'm just so caught up as a defensive player because at their first game, anytime we playing a new quarterback, new offense coordinator, a new head coach, we just blah, we're trying to be in but don't break like that. Should I say we're not on a tack mode. It's like we usually be like, if it's somebody that we already studied filing, we know they all fence. We're gonna find weaknesses and try to attack them. You don't know how weakness because we haven't showed you anything. And I just think that unpredictability is just is at the top of the thing. They're gonna make them say, hey, let's play a couple too early. Let's see what the game plan is about the half. And once we know the game plan about half, then we're gonna switch up. We're gonna run whe we want to run.
Speaker 4: I just have a feeling, man like I think, you know, with just seeing some of the things that I've seen Cliff do in Arizona, and how I mean Kyler, he just rants.
Speaker 5: He He bothered me.
Speaker 4: At times watching him play because it looked like he was in his backyard for real, just running around making plays. But I think with the quarterback that we have now, he's gonna surprise a lot of people.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: I think the way we're gonna run this offense, it's gonna be fishing, it's gonna be it's gonna be a little more like they're gonna they're gonna have They're gonna have moments when they take advantage of that predicted that that unpredicted, you know, not being predictable enough to say, Okay, we're gonna speed this thing up a little bit. But I think Jayden's gonna really surprised a lot of people this game won. I think pocket I'm looking, I'm feeling like two hundred plus yards man from Jayden in the ara, just and it's gonna be one of those games that we're gonna sit there and say, yeah, you know. And I'm not saying this is gonna be something that he's gonna go out there and win this game.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying that. I'm just saying that.
Speaker 4: I feel like it's going to be something that we don't even expect. Yes, because I'm expecting him to be a rookie. You know, I really had the back of my head to make it.
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't you.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be something struggling. But I really think gonna surprise a lot of folks.
Speaker 2: Well, they're gonna think about it.
Speaker 3: I want people to not take that Cardinal's offense and try to miss it to this one because it's two different quarterbacks. The one thing about Kyler he had to always do that. Why I wouldn't never had a problem with him is because he's short inside the pocket. He liked to roll him out on boots, waggles and stuff to move the pocket so he can have clear vision. You don't have to do that with Jayden James talling in the pocket. He can stand in he can scan the whole field, so therefore giving him that ability, not forcing him to have to move the pocket like he will. Now he can move the pocket as a luxury instead of as a necessity. And I think what they had to do in Arizona it was in the sisity to move to pocket.
Speaker 2: Here is going to be a plus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think you hit on a couple. Both of you guys had on some really great points there.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 1: I think we have stuff that we can play close to the best. Right, we haven't shown a lot of offense. Right, We've shown a little bit of what Cliff's philosophy is, but he's got so many new quters we don't really know. So I think, like Todd Bowles, at his core, he wants to create pressure, he wants to stop the run, and then when you're in third and long, he's gonna blitz and the blitzes are exotic. There's zone pressures, there are dog blitzes. So zone pressure means that if I'm bringing five, I'm dropping defensive lineman out to cover zones. Right, if it's a dog, I'm just adding rushers, and the defensive line says in a rush, and so they're very complicated. They're very game plan specific. You know what I'm saying, Like, we're gonna blitz the back, We're gonna make sure we keep we dictate a slide, we dictate where the center's going, and we're gonna rush the two man's side. So that's something that I think plays to our advantage because we don't have any tendencies.
Speaker 2: We haven't shown any protections yet.
Speaker 1: So if anything, the blowd nature of kind of saying, hey we're gonna get in our base calls, see what's going on, and then adjustes the game going on.
Speaker 2: I think we take out Nick, Yeah, we take out face.
Speaker 1: I think. So I think that's exactly right. So I think that's it. So, you know, Todd Bowles, stop the run, bring exotic pressure. Their defensive line is pretty dynamic. You know, they've got Colijah Cansi, They've got Logan Hall, who is a former first round pick, first round pick. Yeah, yeah, you know, I think he's he's gone. Yeah, Yadabi is the guy that's replaced him, fourth round pick, and then the kid from U dub a couple years ago who's also fourth round pick. So they have four first rounders on the on the defensive line that are playing pretty good football. They've got uh David, he's still there. He's done a great Jobield is absolutely crushing it. So they do have some pieces on this defense that are are dynamic. But I think and they're they're a good group. They're good group. Obviously White is there, he's up in Filly now, so they've got a replacement in there for him. So at the second level, got some work to do. But keeping that together and then keeping the novelty is going to rain them in a little bit, which is good. And it's just about finding I think something for Cliff where you can use the tempo, where we can spread you out, we can get you in personal group pease you don't want to be in all that stuff. I think it is going to be super important. Then what I'd say is just Jaden like knowing that they want to pressure you, knowing they want to do some challenging things and the sky stuff like how hard is that going to be?
Speaker 3: I would get him in there and say, if you're gonna see a blitz, it's.
Speaker 2: Rarely gonna be a man the man blitch start it off. It's just not it's.
Speaker 3: Gonna be zone blitz. Find the hot who who is ed? Once he find the ad, the person is a you throw in the spot that he leaving, like that's what he gonna They're gonna simplify that much for him because like I told you, it's a defense our hands and tie. When we play running quarterbacks, we cannot play two men none. We could play nothing that we turn out back to them. So if we zone blitzing.
Speaker 1: Which have shown the've shown a little two men under like I I watched last year.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, but they nothing even even just say a couple one, I mean just man and man. All right, my back has turned to him. We don't want that. So zone blitch. You will see that early and often because they want to confuse him, like if they're gonna come out firing on our sealing and saying, you know what, let's see, let's see how you handle pressure.
Speaker 2: Therese would be zone blitzes.
Speaker 3: The question is how fast can you pick up on where the guy's coming from?
Speaker 2: And who do I got over there? Do I got my slot? Do I got my tight end? Is my back? Finn? Go feel in there. That's how he needs to know.
Speaker 4: How you feel about us having those those packages more of this game with the tight ends, having multiple tight ends on the field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think what you want to do is kind of present novel looks to the defense. Like Fred was saying, it's the first week, right, So like what I do think you're gonna run into is like, if you bring multiple tight ends on the field, you're bringing their base person out there back bring, You're bringing heavy guys on.
Speaker 2: The field, making their strength on the field.
Speaker 1: But that's good for us in a way, right because think about our tight ends. Obviously John Bates big blocker, excels that are But I think Ben Sinnen can win a one on one matchup. I think zach Ertz can win a one matchup. So if they're not going to match us a nickel and thirteen, for example, you can find good matchups. And the one thing about thirteen personnel is usually you get to cover three response from the defense because of the extra run gaps. Yes, you have to bring that safety down the box, So I do think that is a valuable tool. I also think spreading them out as a valuable tool getting them in that sub defense where it's four defensive linemen, two linebackers, and an extra defensive player on the field. So I think if I'm Cliff, I'm definitely trying to rotate in and out of personnels. I want to find things that give Jayden Daniels tells offensively right, because you talked about, you know, fire zones and all those different things. Like the great thing about fire zones when you're bringing zones is you're usually bringing five rushers and that means there's three underneath defenders and three over top defenders, which maybe is confusing for listeners, but usually it's four or five underneath defenders. So those windows underneath become a little bit more clear. So if you can get it picked up, identify the pressure, you can get the ball out. So it's really a double edge short. I want to use personnel to advantage. I want to use formation of my advantage, and I want to make sure that I have an answer for the pressure because if we can pick it up, Jane Daniels has showing the ability to get the ball out.
Speaker 3: Pressure is find the uncomfortable space guy because the one thing about Zone Bliss is one of these guys is gonna be a defensive lineman.
Speaker 2: Drop it comfortable. Find him the closest man to him.
Speaker 3: You get him the rock because he's the dude that and guess what you do that once or twice, they will stop dropping him.
Speaker 2: They'll find somebody else to tell their lineback, and.
Speaker 3: No, you float let him go. Like so we want to make sure we address it, especially when you get ahead of things like if I'm a coordinator, I know I gotta run a quarterback like some stuff I'm just ready for, like I'm naturally ready for it because my hands are tied so much on defense. I gotta hope my guys win matchups, not me beating you with the pin. I gotta hope my guys just better than yours.
Speaker 4: Because you can send them guys and lose, you know what I mean. And we've been in that situation.
Speaker 3: You're sent on no leania win, they don't all they don't always get home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, and then one thing I want to ask you about Tannet because you've been in this situation before, is they have a Zion McCallum is a dB that's first year starter for them.
Speaker 2: Outside.
Speaker 1: If you're Cliff, are you trying to get Terry on him as much as possible?
Speaker 5: I'm trying to. I'm just trying to.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to get him uncomfortable quick waves, not even your office and not even just one guy. I want to see how he Who's the guy that's that he can't handle?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Who is he uncomfortable with? Who?
Speaker 5: Who?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 5: Who he's scared of? You know? I mean how he's going to play certain people?
Speaker 4: Because you know, you get some of these little young knuckleheads these days, they won't that smoke, you know what I mean, They don't know enough to know enough if somebody always out there for you. But y'all want him uncomfortable as possible by bringing different kind of receivers at him.
Speaker 5: So now he's like, cause you.
Speaker 4: Know you have a guy when you when you're watching that one guy which might be terry for us, you know you can ask move with this. I don't know how y'all dB is playing, But I've always assumed that when when a guy knows he's he's he's sticking me. Yeah, he's pay it for what I bring bring to the table. But if he's like, damn, I got diammy Now damn I got some kids and all these different w receive.
Speaker 5: Now we no browns on the study in Terry.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Terry is just aggressive. So I was getting ready to fight with him, you know what I mean. Yeah, you got guys quick fast, you know what I mean. So I would make him uncomfortable as possible by bringing different kind of bodies type sense.
Speaker 3: No, he right, put him in overload mode, like sensory overload.
Speaker 2: Like think about it.
Speaker 3: You get teary, somebody gonna get out of here and rast you and really put them hands on you. Then you get dummy's some guy gonna try to run past you. Then you get a smaller receiver. Like so now it's like, okay, they doing they kind of throwing everything at me, and that's what you want, Like, I want to make sure that he he's not comfortable with one person, like when we know we gonna stick one wide receiver. I got your habits, I know what your habits, and not just your habits. The offensive coordinator. I know how he wants to get you to route.
Speaker 4: I'll never forget. And this was funny, man, And this is one of the good stories. I have a revis because I always said I only played him twice, played when he was young his rookie season. Came home and I called home boy, like bro I just played some mony named Reeves. This boy and my homeboy Bowie knows DB's like the back of his hand. He said, I told you to be ready for him. He's good. So he made me fight for every yard, you know, so the next time I see him, it's year eleven for me. I just come off from my hand being broke. I'm probably ten pounds heavier. And it's crazy just him knowing me from then. When I get out there, he told Camarty, man, you running with ten of the day, I'm not running with this dude.
Speaker 2: He changed sides.
Speaker 4: So that just goes to show you how DB's already study like they know what they want to be, you know what I mean. Deeve Reeves is very He's one of those guys. I was happy. He said he ain't want to run with me today because I know how difficult it was to get open on him, but that just goes to show you. As much as we sitting here and praised him about how he can lock, they want certain guys. They don't want to be in no game where this guy finna tire me out with his speed and his quickness that I can't be myself.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying, because he was.
Speaker 3: He was so good at the point of attach. Youre talking about putting your hands on somebody with made reeve.
Speaker 2: Is so good. He never opened the gate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, never.
Speaker 3: He wanted to pay him back. That stayed man. He wile and forget what at that time, at that age, he understanding, all right, if I don't get my hands all the way on talent, I can't.
Speaker 2: Beat them running. So it's just you knowing the situation.
Speaker 4: I just brought that up just to say that's what goes on DB's head. So they like you giving them terry and he's a young buck. He might be prepared for that one guy.
Speaker 2: And they're gonna give him help.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: They're gonna help.
Speaker 4: But if you bring in somebody that he ain't all right, then he gonna go to now he might be a little taller or bid.
Speaker 5: It's it's different, man.
Speaker 4: But it's just it's great that you said that because you asked that question, because I've always knew that when we folk, like when we face guys that know me, I'm like, bro, they just pressing me because they want to try to bother me when early so they don't have to coach like I was always z so I was always off the ball. But I'm like, bro, he's pressing me one and he knows that the old line sucked, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So I only said, you.
Speaker 4: Know, by the time they got back there, I can't get the ball because they know that's press ten and puts them over the top.
Speaker 5: And I's like, move me and slide me into the slodes, slot.
Speaker 4: Me do something different because they especially when we played the Cowboy, they will always put some of my old men.
Speaker 2: Man, they found a way to get off it.
Speaker 4: But it's just one of those you know things that if they know you enough, they ain't gonna be they know your habits.
Speaker 1: That's really cool because I think there we talk a lot in abstraction or a lot, you know, like not specifically about you know, different formations, different personnels, different motions. I think that's a great example, you know, real world example of how motions can help your players and confuse the defense, you know. And so we're talking about it. Oh, you know you need a motion shift. This is exactly why. And so I do think again, like the fact that this is going to be a new thing that Todd Bowles is seeing the Commander's offense is going to be new. Think about all the opportunity Cliff has today.
Speaker 2: I said, deliverages in that way.
Speaker 1: And you know, like everyone talked about like they made it very clear, we're gonna take our time. We're gonna really kind of keep everything close to the vestnant gonna show a lot. This is the reason. This is the payoffs. Didn't see a lot in the preseason. But do you guys have a offensively a matchup that you're like, this is the matchup we need to.
Speaker 3: I told you beyonddish beat the Veil like the point of a tech beyond his wins Dead Battle. Not only did it mean Jayden Jersey is clean, they mean the running game is healthy.
Speaker 2: We win this game.
Speaker 3: So Beyonddish beat the Veil that he listen, I'm talking about a sumo wrestling contest, like for four quarters in there, it's gonna be Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just I just say Cliff and to go Yeah that to me, I just I just feel like to coordinated, he's going to get in his bag. I mean, you got a young guy. I mean they don't really know who he is and until they, you know, get out there on the field with him. But at the same time, we don't know, we don't know what we can throw at, we don't know what we can allow him to do.
Speaker 5: We don't know how much we can put on this play. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's in trie because, like I agree with the vitavated thing. I love the Cliff Todd Bowlson because that's where the chess match is going to happen. But I also think the guards Ali gretty and this caused me because they're there are four eyes. They're like, they're so you got the nose guard, the guy lies over the center, and you got your four eyes, which will play three tech taker over the tackle are Elijah Canci, who's a great pass rusher, yeah, and Logan Hall, who is also a great pass rusher. And usually that's not the case. Usually they run stop Yes, and so the fact you've got some juice there, those guards to kind of deal with, and the center's got a one to one matchup, I think that'll be really interesting to watch. And the other guy that I just wanted to call attention to was zach Ertz and his utilization because I think you know Antony Winfield Junior is there. He's a he's so fun to watch man. He's a great run player, he's a great blitzer, and.
Speaker 3: They have him all I played with his daddy. I basically raided him. We took him everywhere with us in the episode, So I know, I know to kid very much personal and the one thing about him, he's headed just like his daddy.
Speaker 2: He but guess what we can give you nothing this Yeah, Tweezy Junr. We get you. We get your man in the stady.
Speaker 3: So now, like I say, everybody gonna be at there just trying to process, like taking as much information as possible.
Speaker 1: And I was gonna say zach Ertz versus Antoin Winfield Junior. But you bring up a great point, Fred, Like if I'm Todd Bowles, I'm not. I don't have those matchups categorized. I don't have them I'm gonna be in like my simple cover three, my simple fire zones, because I need to make sure we can adjust to whatever and then maybe as the half of the.
Speaker 2: Game rules nowleass what we're gonna do it.
Speaker 1: So obviously I think a big You know, if there's one takeaway from that, if you're a Commanders fan, it's Cliff Todd Bowles, how you handle the pressure, different personnel's, different looks. Because it's all novel and it's gonna be a great chessman's screamage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a rich warfare.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's talk now about the defense. And I think the defense kind of it's almost the exact opposite. So and what I mean by that is Tampa Bay Buccaneers have a new defensive coordinator, Liam Cohen. He was in LA with Sean in twenty twenty two, then he went to Kentucky for a year and now he's back in the NFL and he runs a version of that Kyle Shanahan. Yes, yeah, So that's what Tampa Bay's bringing, right, and they have a ton of They extended Baker Mayfield, they extended their left tackle Tristan Wirfs. They extended Mike Evans, They drafted a guy in the second round, McCullen from.
Speaker 2: The basins receiving.
Speaker 1: They got and they got a reet you know, they got a good one. Who's so they are a really interesting matchup and and I think the thing that's crazy to me is their offensive line is very good. They drafted a guy in the third round last year from North Dakota State. He's playing left guard for him. Maybe my favorite offensive line in the draft last year. Graham Barton is playing center for him. Their right tackles doing a good job, their left guard, the right guard is doing a good job. It's a group. And so when you watch them in the preseason, they're playing Miami and they are blowing those dudes off the ball, and then they they have the ability now to run the football because they were like the last they were I think they were the fifth worst team last year in rushing efficiency. So they were like, nah, let's fix it. Let's fix it. So we're gonna invest in that group. Ra Sean White's a good player, but they also have these tremendous playmakers on the outside. So if I'm joe Ah Junior, I'm like, what do we do?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, like, because we haven't really seen the final version of this offense. We can assume it to look like what it did in LA. We don't know for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't know what it gonna look like. But I know they got Rashid White. They ball passing a lot last year. So whatever he didn't do Russian, you feel, then the gap passes. Now Baker, Baker the touchdown maker. I like Baker, but we all know this one. Come and tread about Baker. He is better with his back against the wall. Just got paid another new offense. I think this could be his six new offense. Like so as much as we learning a new offense, they learning the new offense also, So they got to catch up. And I know this is about Baker in them short quarterbacks, I want to keep you in the pocket. So I'm not rushing him to sack him. I'm rushing him to keep him in this pocket and make him throw through the guard in the center. I want him to throw through lanes and over people. I don't want him to throw around people. I want him to throw through people.
Speaker 4: So you're saying this new coordinator's taking a love piece of m Sean McVay. Yeah, that's always scared the next three. That's you know, how we talk about that offense.
Speaker 2: I understand that offense.
Speaker 3: That's scary, But how much McVeigh and as much as I love Mike Evans, he ain't branding out you when it comes to block, like he ain't.
Speaker 4: Wake up yet without a thousand, you know, talking.
Speaker 2: About my receiving part. They're talking about the run game point.
Speaker 3: I feel like like Goblin for the For as good as he is past catching, he usually gets hurt. With all the injuries you have, they usually come from run blocking. He ain't the quickest guy to get in that run block. To me, what makes Sean McVay offense so dominant is what those wide receivers do.
Speaker 4: They have a guy who can do that over there though too. He don't really need They don't need your boy Evans. They have the other guy that does a lot of that.
Speaker 3: Chris Godwin. What I'm saying, Chris Godwin. His last two injuries then came from the run game, from his legs.
Speaker 2: Getting ran up on.
Speaker 4: I think he years away from that now. He might be more healthier this year. I mean last year, I can see he was still getting over that injury.
Speaker 5: But he's tough. He's toughest now.
Speaker 4: He's like that and Kwan bowlten type wide receiver, slash that that Debo type wide receiver, very physical in his body type. Don't look that way, but I'm saying he catched those kind of routes. He's he's one of those possession guys that can also turn up.
Speaker 5: So it's tough, man.
Speaker 4: But like one of the things I just want to, you know, bring to your awareness this offense. The thing I loved about Cows and sewn them offense is someone's always open. That's the thing that's about someone is always open. So the way we play defense here the week, the way I watch these guys play defense in Dallas, it's gonna be a great matchup if they're on that level out the gate. Yeah, I mean, because they're gonna test them to see, you know, those those drifts and those different routes that we find them. You know, we find the ways of putting you guys in stacked, stacking guys and put them in bunches. That's what's gonna really show how good we are at the cornerback.
Speaker 3: That's why I say I believe anytime I go against the Shanahan based offense. To me, it ain't about the defensive line in the in the DB's, It's about the linebackers.
Speaker 2: I've watched this defense.
Speaker 3: I mean, this office has been stopped and every time I watch it, even if it's Shanahan on Shanahan crime like when I see that, like the forty nine ers in the Rams play the linebackers, I have one making. All the players are changing the game. So if you're telling me I got to put this on Wagner in Louvu, I feel good about this.
Speaker 4: What did what did green Bay do against Kyle to stop Kyle last year?
Speaker 2: I don't want that game and watch the game I've been.
Speaker 4: Saying, because I remember it was a close game. It was a close game. And then the guy in the hand.
Speaker 3: I think what they did with with with green Bay did a good job of They put it in debos in them hands and say we ain't gonna let you beat us with Christian McCaffrey.
Speaker 2: But if you beat us with debo and our you so be it.
Speaker 1: But that's I think that's the whole thing. With the offenses. They want to run the football right, and you mentioned receivers blocking and so obviously Shawn's iteration of this offense, the receiver's got a block, they're blocking like duo and like I use psyched too, leaning on linebackers, you know, with with McCaffrey, it's a little bit more you know, traditional gap power stuff, a little less duo. There's a little bit more outside zone with a jet sweep. And then we go down to Miami and it's all perimeter runs. You know what I'm saying. It's way different. So it all they all, it all take different iterations. I think that's what's interesting about you know, Liam Cohen here in Tampa Bay, excuse me, is that he might be like, hey, we're just gonna get in like two tight end sets and run the football more traditional run stretch because they because unlike LA's offensive line, which is like this big, hulking power gap scheme line, Tristan Worf's can run.
Speaker 2: Now no, no, I know, a Trican wave can get at.
Speaker 1: Tody Mack can run, you know, uh, granm Barton can run. So they can do some and they're also very powerful. So I think they're gonna have a wide array of stuff at their disposal. I think they're gonna lead more on the play action stuff like Tanna saying, with the drifts.
Speaker 2: You get Baker to get deep down the field.
Speaker 1: Right, That's that's what I'm saying. So it's not gonna look like it did in LA where you have Matt Stafford. It's not gonna look like it did in San Francisco where you got Rock Curdle. It'll look it'll look like it's a missing. So I went back and I watched the La Rams game versus the Dallas Cowboys from last year because I'm like, oh, court, very similar, very similar. And I was like, man, they played a ton of man the man coverage in this game the Dallas Cowboys, and I wanted to get you guys to take do you think they can play that much man with this group or do you think they're gonna be running a little bit more You.
Speaker 3: Can play man, especially when we telling their free safety find Mike Evans.
Speaker 1: Not all the time though, right, not all the time.
Speaker 2: But it's a certain lean. I don't need it. I don't need you to be completely over me.
Speaker 3: But if we know this dude gonna get twelve chances to burn the right corn, you might need to be hipping out the right corn because that's where the target's gonna go. Chris God would do most of his damage inside, right, Well, Mike Evans is outside and deep, all right, that's what we cannot give up. We cannot give like we cannot go on the road and give up big plays to Mike Evans.
Speaker 1: And he's actually gotten much better too about running that deep incut, which is a huge feature of this office.
Speaker 4: So no, I'm not playing that man, unless I know we getting home and unless I know that we we don't see if you if you're playing man a lot, then you know that we got Baker where we want to. Man, you know, I mean, we're gonna, we're gonna, we're gonna pressure him because that's something that he's not good with getting getting that ball.
Speaker 2: That's who I want to get out there, you know what I mean, That's what I want.
Speaker 4: But I'm saying that because I'm not that I'm not one hundred percent confident yet. Yeah, and just just me my opinion about how we really are looking outside that fine and today show you know what it is. I said, these guys not I want to say.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 5: I'm not from man, and man, I'm not comfortable yet.
Speaker 4: I want to see these guys play a game in this new scheme and say, okay, we can we can play Man with these guys.
Speaker 5: Now you know what I'm saying, But.
Speaker 2: That's what stop.
Speaker 3: Where the hell six knockdowns knocking down passes meaning they're not rushing for sex, they rushing to crowd this pocket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the defront.
Speaker 3: I was rid for them to have six PBUs then fox sex because at the end of the day, y'all just don't know how one pass knockdown, two pass knockdown.
Speaker 2: Man, he is a third down.
Speaker 3: Were off the field like they change games Like I'm most suffocate Baker may feel in this pocket and if you don't beat me out of the pocket, so be it.
Speaker 2: But you will not get out of this pocket. And we blitzing.
Speaker 3: I have to blitz pray action if I if I feel the play action come, I'm going to blitz it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think you guys brought up really great points there. And you know one of the things about you know, Tanna's not saying we can never play man. It's just about when when we sprinkle it in to be selective, and I think that's what I would expect too, Tenna. The other thing you mentioned about bat balls, and I think maybe the most important matchup in this game, and we're not quite there yet, so I'm jumping the gun. My bad is one of the things that short quarterbacks have a hard time with is internal pressure. Yes, and we got Doran and John and I think, you know, like they've looked great. No one's seen him in the preset, but they look great in practice, and so I would expect them. You know, they're they're matching up with some you know, some some guards inside that are but they're young players. Yeah, And so can we can we make him work a little bit? Can we compress that pocket because you know, trips and worfs, that's a tough matchup. Man, he's only the best offensive linean in football. But if we can create pressure, collapse the pocket, limit those throwing windows from him. And again, there's a bunch of different ways to do that. Like I went back and watched Frankie Louvu highlights the other night because I'm doing a breakdown for Coaches Show, and he's one of the best blitzing linebackers in the NFL. Can we get him on a back? Can we get him on can we get get him in there? Again, compress that pocket, get him on breakers feet like short quarterbacks. You look at him historically, they've got great guards on the interior to keep pocket depth, not so much pocket with pocket depth. So I think we can definitely take advantage of that into Tannis point. Then I would feel more comfortable. We could play a little bit Maank coverag because he can't see it as well.
Speaker 3: Yep, and and rashat if he got in a week and he's right now is past.
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah, And so I'll give you I jumped a gun a little bit. That's my key matchup is those two guys inside. Do you guys have a matchup for that? You're kind of keeping an eye on, saying all right.
Speaker 3: When it comes out defense versus their offense, like yours was yours key inside with drum paint and John Allen, I go second level. I go like Bobby Wagner, Frankie Louvu, stopping screens, running down when they trying to take the edges, blowing stuff up, keeping baking the pocket.
Speaker 1: I'm going with Wagner, and I gotta give Tanna a shout out here and YouTube. But like you know, one of the things about Bobby Wagner's he's super smart, you know, so he's got to understand, Hey, that double team on the guard doesn't look quite right this play action. Yes, let me get out of here, let me get under the throw. And the other thing about having him in the building is now I can tell Frankie Louver, I can tell Dominique Captain, I can tell whoever is in there. Yeah, like that, this is what we're looking at.
Speaker 2: Scratch what you said, Yeah, you stay right here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that's where they're trying to They're trying to get the ball there.
Speaker 5: So I think that's a matchup.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be how we play Mike Eman's with our coin, you know, man, not necessarily one guy in particular, you know, I mean, just all of them. What we're gonna throw at him, you know what I mean? Because I mean I feel like we have we have the capability. I just want to see these guys out there. Actually, I really want to see these guys. That's my biggest Like you know, how you have an asterisk by somebody. I just want to see our cornerback play as a whole, you know what I mean, No particular person, just how they play now in this defense because one of.
Speaker 2: The things we always said, it's built for Saint Juice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I'm just saying I want to just see what we're gonna do, you know, how we want to how we're going to go up against that kind of town.
Speaker 1: Is he one of the most underrated receivers in the NFL? Hands down, dude, that's goods my mind, Like he is so many.
Speaker 4: I tell you one thing, though, you know how spread always bringing that jaywalking.
Speaker 5: He gonna jay walk into the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: I know that much.
Speaker 4: Listen, don't walk into that he gonna move walk into that thing. I mean, it's gonna be like one of those things.
Speaker 2: But just good. But his name ain't flash.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the market in the marketing, you know, like.
Speaker 3: Like you you hate it when I say this so funny regular names, it just pops up like real like you're talking about receivers.
Speaker 1: You've talked about quarterbacks regularly. Now it's just like I think about it.
Speaker 2: I have his numbers.
Speaker 3: Anybody, but guess what they're just like, you know his name is Mike Evans.
Speaker 7: Like they don't want like if his name was Sentango And yeah, man, I didn't I know, I told you so I want to tell you this, but like I was on Instagram the other day and there was a cut up of him from Miami.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like returning punks and catching touchdowns, and I was like, Santanta Mas is a sick name. Like I was like, because then that's you're going, Santanta Ma's going.
Speaker 2: It works.
Speaker 5: It's so crazy.
Speaker 2: Have you seen that cut up?
Speaker 4: All the way they actually allowed they collawed with me, but no, it's crazy when you listening to it on TV. Like I said, I never watched myself on the I watched the cut up, but now I get a chance to reflect. I'm sitting there listening and I'm like, damn, Fred will write this name like like just like everything they came out of their mouth. It's like, dude, you know what. I'm the same thought when I was watching it sounds like sports car.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a sports car, like you could tell like dudes would be like I just be like coach, who we got this week?
Speaker 2: And he'll tell me the name like he just regularly.
Speaker 3: Like it's just if the name wasn't threatening to me, that a good's just different.
Speaker 2: Say say something about that.
Speaker 1: Jerry Rice, come on, come on, that's pretty. Just go that's pretty.
Speaker 2: But I guess what. You don't know? But one rice that is true. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You don't know, But one right, who legitly got the most regular name that's a superstar?
Speaker 2: Is it? Mike Evans?
Speaker 1: Tom Brady? Tom Mike Evans is pretty regular too, though Mike Evans is up there.
Speaker 2: But Tom Brady name that braiden out. It don't look the same. Different, It doesn't look like even Aaron Rodgers got this about it. Ce J scrowd, he's just oh okay. The initials helped with that, like a J. Brown, Like who you got this week?
Speaker 5: I got a J.
Speaker 2: Brown? Peyton Manning, that's all Peyton.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, Eli, yes, like even cecil College like going back to dudes like that, Like a name sales everything.
Speaker 2: Man. But guess what. Guess who they're not cheering for? The quarterback Mike White because all of us know Mike White, like I know, like twenty Mike White's.
Speaker 5: I got a couple of Mike White for friends.
Speaker 3: I think about it my whole I homeboy X teammate Rock cot Right, his real name is Roderick Rock has a more. Yes, it has something to it, man, guys we played.
Speaker 1: You should just be Mike Evans publicist.
Speaker 2: We should have changed his name to Mikyle something.
Speaker 3: Evans, am I Evans, am I Evans like.
Speaker 1: Right there, Todd girly like certain names with you, because I don't understand people put that he's one of the best. He's maybe the best receiver of the generation, and people don't talk about him. And maybe Tampa Bay's a small market.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Julio Jones was in Atlanta. That's some that ain't big name Jones.
Speaker 3: Who you got Julio were gonna pray for you, Tyreek.
Speaker 2: Heel like they got some to it the threat.
Speaker 1: So hopefully our our receivers are giving our dbs are giving him his due respect even though he's got a regular name.
Speaker 2: Yea, we need Mike.
Speaker 1: Mike all right now for our final segment. And I'm excited to do this segment because it's different than our former game predictions, which were tough sometimes. So we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, Santana hated it, hell no.
Speaker 1: So hell yeah, hell no. So I'm gonna read a question and you say, in order to win the game, do we need to do.
Speaker 5: The x Okay okay, and.
Speaker 1: We're gonna say hell yeah or hell all right, this defense should not allow more than twenty one points and have at least two turnovers. Do they need to do that to win the games.
Speaker 2: We are playing them on the road. Anything over twenty nine?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, hurt.
Speaker 1: Dude, I mean obviously if okay, this is the thing about this this When we did our proctire meeting the show may Nuts, I didn't say this.
Speaker 2: I kept it inside. You didn't know what the difference left it.
Speaker 1: No, for me, I'm like, yeah, obviously, if they score, if they score less than twenty one points and we have two turnovers, hell yeah, we're gonna win the game. But do we need it to win the game?
Speaker 2: Hell yeah?
Speaker 4: So let me let me go back there, let me backtrack a little bit. Hell no, we don't need it to win, yeah, because we could score twenty But I would but I would love to.
Speaker 2: I would love it out.
Speaker 1: Like it would secure to win, Like I Forbes had a pick and then like the ball gets hipped up open.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that gives us a chance to win.
Speaker 1: Got a chance to play some ball though, No, But do I want to see it?
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, yeah, I'm going yeah, yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: All right, this one, this one's okay. Brian Robinson needs at least fifty yards rushing. Hell yeah, this feels.
Speaker 2: Like a hell yeah.
Speaker 3: I say hell yeah, because he's fifty hurt different than everybody else fifty. The way he leans on us defensive backs, Like we could take it to first quarter, second quarter, we fine, third and the fourth we start to olay.
Speaker 2: And when you start to olay, you making business to see.
Speaker 4: If he's here's I say, hell yeah. For simple fact, if if he has fifty or more than we in good hands and we took.
Speaker 2: It out of jayde hands, and that's what I want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like kind of like a canary in the coal mine type thing, right, Like it's like a signal of something else. It means if he's getting fifteen carries, we've been on the field for a bunch of first downs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we protected the quarterback, protecting the quarterback in the room, you know far as I guess you can say possession, you know, holding the ball, We're keeping them just running that clock.
Speaker 5: You know, he got that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is like I just thought of this right now. Is there a number of rushing yards that's too much for Jayde Daniels in week one.
Speaker 2: Is there ain't such thing.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying if he's getting too many touches.
Speaker 3: I can't say that because it's the same guy watched break a ninety yard against Florida.
Speaker 5: So man, just run his attempts.
Speaker 4: You gotta kind of night let him happen because some of the times now now we're trying to run him then, yeah, so we run. If we're forcing design runs, design runs, yeah, multiple, like five or more.
Speaker 5: Come on, cod, we're doing too much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But if he's just breaking out the pocket and get out of there, play break down, it's totally different. That breaks defensive backs. Like when y'all when the quarterback runs like that and it's like thirty five and he ran.
Speaker 2: Just watch our head. Our head just shakes.
Speaker 1: There was one thing about like when Michael Vick played Eference, like, oh, if he had design runs, he'd be so much better. I always felt get him an empty no, run him out, run vertical and let that.
Speaker 2: Man just let him take off.
Speaker 1: So I kind of feel like that's better because the defense isn't ready for it.
Speaker 2: No, we're not all right.
Speaker 1: Terry needs over sixty receiving yards.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, No, hell no, hell no, I don't think we need that to win. Because if you're spreading it out and four of my guys got fit five yards a piece.
Speaker 4: I say, I say, hell yeah, we don't need it to win. But I think we needed to offensively be doing what we're doing. Like I said, it's two guys in that offense that I want.
Speaker 5: To see produce.
Speaker 4: Have a good production that day is winning in a run game, b Rob and Terry in the pass game, because you got you got to get your guys active. You got to make sure that that because if those guys have their yards, then offensive media, we're doing our job. We're we're putting up points, we're moving the ball. If they have their yards. If you saying it spread it out and we're still doing that, then hey, I'm not mad at you, but I feel you still you have to have those guys active and doing what they're supposed to be doing.
Speaker 3: I feel like if I got sixty five plus yards from all of my tight ends I got after backfield with Austin Eckler with fifty plus return I mean receiving yours him and b Rob, I got on an average of forty yards with three four wire receivers or two wide receivers.
Speaker 2: I think we can get the win.
Speaker 3: I just always feel like me a corner if somebody trying to force it to one player, we play better that way. I think we always play better that way, because you mean, I was talking about sliding this safety. If I know y'all gonna give if we're gonna get Terry fifteen attempts, we're gonna play around him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right now.
Speaker 3: It's gonna let the guy on the backside gotta do his job one on one. But I just think spreading it out make that defense make us honest.
Speaker 2: But you can't.
Speaker 4: You can't take what I'm saying wrong. I'm not saying no force it or try to lean on him. I'm just saying, if you're getting if he has those kind of yards, then offensively, like with both of those guys, either one of them, if b Rob has more than fifty something yards rushing, we in good hands offensively. Now you know that if somebody on that team has sicken over the game and we're not worrying about Jaden being a savior, you know what I mean, He's just he's giving the ball to the play makes and letting them do their thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for me, the fifty or the sixty receiving yards is more of an indication of Cliff finding matchups and like making sure the guy you guys getting touches. I think that's more what It's what I would kind of point that to. It's the same thing would be rob like if he's getting like, you know, fifteen touches fifty yards, Like I want to see a certain number of touches for those guys, especially week one.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. You got a guy like that.
Speaker 1: You know, Terry is like the best receiver on the team. He can win one on one matchups, so much of what Cliff's offenses is predicated on him is finding a good matchup and then exploiting it. I think I think it'll be a really good sign of a good game plan from Cliff. And that's more what I'm excited to see.
Speaker 2: Do you need I mean, you don't need it?
Speaker 1: So shoot, I don't need Brian Robinson a rush.
Speaker 2: Do you need Jalen does it?
Speaker 1: Like that's a different thing, you know, and so or maybe we get we run a lot of screens, or maybe it's a quick game, Like you don't need any of these things. But I do think there's a health to the offense that these statistics would show potentially, you know what I'm saying. All right, this is an interesting one. Yeah, this is this is a producer, Jason just throwing a curveball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what he does.
Speaker 1: Is is this a must win game for Jaden's confidence?
Speaker 2: Hell no? Hell noah?
Speaker 1: Why is it enough?
Speaker 2: Number? Yes.
Speaker 3: I want him to get his first win as quick as possible, Like for him to get that first win up and out the way, because I have seen roocky quarterbacks chase that first win.
Speaker 2: I just seen guys get the.
Speaker 1: Way you think start pressing.
Speaker 3: Yes, then he'll started playing out of character and trying to be the hero. I don't want him to be the hero. I want him to go and get there. Oh okay, I won my first game. Not let me just get better each and every game. I just think, and you know how the media can do a narrative.
Speaker 2: So if the.
Speaker 3: Narrative go when it's the first win ever coming, it starts to just blink down, eat down, He'll So I just think it's for his confidence and for that to never be a story.
Speaker 4: Lie. Yeah, I'm just against it. I don't think he needs it to have called. I think he's one of those guys. He's a headstrong kid. He seemed like a guy that has a different kind of demean and he's not finna be too much pressing, you know what I mean, Like you see guys that press and you get nothing out of pressing. I mean, that's why I hate it being one of those guys that you try to force me. I used to tell coach, look, I'm not open, don't throw me the ball, but don't don't don't. I'm never coming to the quarterback saying, bro, don't meet the ball. No, I don't want him trying to force it to force it to me.
Speaker 2: So it's happened.
Speaker 4: When I look at a guy like Jaden, I don't see him as one of those kind of guys.
Speaker 5: Just his demeanor alone, and uh.
Speaker 4: I don't think he needs I think he understands the game. You know, and you understand this, We all understand this. It's not him that would be losing.
Speaker 5: I know that. I know the media always drove.
Speaker 4: That throw that at the quarter where he lost, Like I hear all the time, that hasn't won a playoff game.
Speaker 5: No, the Cowboys have doesn't want to playoff game.
Speaker 4: Now, I understand when you're saying that he's put him in a situation that's for him to lose, But I don't think we need I don't think Jaden necessarily needs this this win or it's a must win for his confidence to be shook or nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with you, but I also think Fred and I don't like doing this. But I kind of agree with what you said too, Like, I think that's a really good Yeah, you don't want them to press so if it, and I think the coaching staff, I think the team around him is strong enough to kind of help insulate him. But yeah, you want it, you don't want to press at all? Before we wrap wrap up anything else you want to bring up about this game that you're keeping an eye on.
Speaker 3: It's just something about Tempa in Washington. I feel like we played them every year of my career. I feel like every first game of the season.
Speaker 2: Were you part of that Tempa?
Speaker 1: Were part of that game where they comment the Washington team lost on a two point conversion by Mike all Scott.
Speaker 2: Were you on that team? I was on that team? Wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Listen two teams we played that ain't in that division that I just feel like we merit to the hit with Tampa Bay.
Speaker 2: In Seattle Seaofen, we played him no metal what true.
Speaker 4: I've always had good outs against Tempa, so hopefully yeah, yeah, I always had good ols against because of Key Shun and risk Gotta.
Speaker 3: You had this this this big old why receive I'm like, man, big receivers don't cause me no problem.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I don't got nothing to bring to attention. I just hope you go out there and to have a good one.
Speaker 2: Thought I wanted.
Speaker 4: I want to I want to see what I've been waiting on to see. Man, a great team effort, you know what I mean? Those guys going out to fly around on in all phases.
Speaker 3: Man, any rookie besides Jaden that you want to see welcome themselves because I.
Speaker 5: Want to see that zero agent zero.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to introduce the world to Mike Sandersteal.
Speaker 2: I cannot wait. Yeah, think about you in a Rooki to me.
Speaker 1: I want to see Tyler Owns on teams like he was so dominant in the preseason, like you so dominant. I can't wait to see him play. But yeah, I agree with Tanna, Like I've been waiting for this for so long. We've covered the you know, Adam Peters, dan Quinn, the hiring and the draft, the from agency, and now it's here, and I just want to see those dudes run around like a bunch of crazy dogs like they did against the Jets in their first preseason, Like I want to see that. Let him go eat, But that's gonna do it for today show. Please ma make sure to like, subscribe, leave a comment wherever you get your podcasts, and we really appreciate all the support for the show.
Speaker 2: And that's it.
Speaker 1: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.