Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Ketty arm Strong and Getty and he Armstrong and Hetty.
Speaker 2: Find out what happened when and you know what orders were given. I think all the all the particulars. You want to know what the facts are, and then you want to compare that with the relevant and figure out you know, procedurally, you know what's the you know the correct lawful way to do things, and determine whether or not that everything is followed.
Speaker 3: Of course, we're talking about the second strike on the boat, turns out second, third, and fourth maybe strikes on the boat off the coast of Venezuela, and whether or not Pete Hegzeth.
Speaker 1: Ordit it or not, and exactly what was ordered, when, by whom, and whether it was legal. It's worth noting that the voice you heard was Senator John Thune, the Republican leader of the Senate.
Speaker 3: The very last is from the New York Times, citing five US officials today that Hegzeth called for the original strike but did not specify what should happen if survivors remained. And then Admiral Frank Bradley, who you've now heard his name a lot, ultimately signed off on the initial strike and several follow up strikes that killed eleven people.
Speaker 1: Okay, interesting to gain a little perspective, we've invited on the terrific Mike Lyons, military analyst who is also I was happy to see writing for Real Clear Defense, including a great piece about the possible Ukraine deal, which we'll touch on in a minute. But first, Mike, welcome, How are you hey?
Speaker 4: Good one, you guys, thanks for having me back.
Speaker 1: Trust you and the family had a great Thanksgiving? Could do talk to you? Yeah? I was good.
Speaker 4: I didn't have my son home or my daughter home, but hopefully well get him a Christmas time at this point, so we're looking forward to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, onto that part of life. Yeah, so, Mike, let's talk a little bit about your impressions of the you know, what is known thus far about the alleged targeting of survivors. What do you think?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, so I've voided this story for a while because I just a lot of it as one hundred percent politics. That video that was released, I guess you know ten days ago, almost two weeks ago, by the congressmen and senators over you know, not fine, not not obeying legal authors. I thought that pierced this veil between the military and the civilians like I've never seen before and set this path on to where I think we are today. And the fact that this mission is being so scrutinized because I could give you multiple examples of previous missions that and people have testified in front of Congress about these kinds of double taps that we've done in the past, but for now it's now reached this hyperbolic boiling point over what's going on here.
Speaker 1: Well, let's let's make sure we understand what you're saying there.
Speaker 3: Are you saying the sort of thing that is being alleged here happens regularly.
Speaker 4: Well, no, first of all, nobody in the military is committing war crimes, which is where this has gone to. It's gone to, you know, we're murdering people that are hanging off of you know, ship parts in the in the Caribbean or the Pacific or whatever the mission was. I mean, you know, it's not like Robinson, Caruso or Rose hanging off the side of the Titanic here. I mean, it's insane that we're still having this conversation. This is a military target that the initial target was approved legally, and the target is to be destroyed and destroyed means destroyed. And so if the first target hits and there are still survivors and there's still a target in the water, well those survivors were still part of the original target to begin with. So they are legal targets as well. So so, but this is all about context. It's all about what, you know, what what people want to view and they want how they want to see this, And from from my perspective, it's it's a shame. Now we've seen the Secretary of Defense throw us over to SOCOM commander and this addal now will testify in front of Congress. But these missions go on all the time. They're approved legal, and once they are approved legal and they start, it's pretty hard to bring that health fire missile back.
Speaker 1: So there's a pretty good history, including the Nuremberg Trials, of prosecutions for targeting survivors of an attack on a ship who no longer posed any threat. Are you saying this doesn't apply here or that's wrong or what?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know enough about it. I'd have to see a lot more. But sure, we're not going to target sole survivors waving their hands in the water, let's say, right, especially with the health fire missile, and again I don't know what visual is on them, and we're with seal Teams six close to them. I mean, there's just so much information that needs to come out that would figure out whether or not. I mean, I saw this one report that said maybe they thought that there was another boat in the area and this boat could have came and picked up some of the cargo of this ship. I don't know. Again, I haven't seen the battle damage assessment or anything, but all I know is that so many different opinions are being layered into this contextually that is now clouded it to the point of we don't it's going to get this mission accomplished. Of stopping what they're trying to do. I think it's a pure political situation that Democrats don't want anything to do with what Trump is doing in the Caribbean. I think he needs to say what that strategy is. I still don't know what that is as well, but this is not the way to do it, to use the military, because basically, if he's going to accuse hex at about war crime. If you're going to accuse him of war crime, you're acusing everybody to pull the trailer all the way down to who fired that missile?
Speaker 1: Okay, just for the record, obviously, you know, we're not engaging in hyperbole or trying to cloud new waters. In fact, we're trying to do just the opposite and help people understand what are the actual issues going on here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so yeah, no, I don't think you are. This is again I avoided this just for this reason. I think it's more political. I think it's a shame that we're at this place that now the military is going to be questioned about this going forward, We're going to drag this admiral and into this political hearing, and this is all about getting secretary heccess, frankly from my perspective and interesting. So it just just seems too close to the video that was released ten days ago to have this situation come up right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we wondered about that yesterday. The timing seems pretty suspicious exactly.
Speaker 4: And then the initial Washington Post article now has proven wrong. When the New York Times is throwing the Washington Post off under the bus over there, then you know something is up, so.
Speaker 3: Is your take, And I just want to make sure completely understand what you're saying is that we are entering into getting way too loyally on this sort of thing, or much more lawyerly than we usually are in reality, you know, in a war situation.
Speaker 4: Well, my take is that I think they decided that these are legal targets, and they are the military targets as they've been declared narco terrorists and enemies of the state, and each one is evaluated separately with regard to how they're going to take it out and what they want to do, and what the definition of destroyed means. And I think that once the initial shot was fired then and if that was determined legal, then any shot fired after it is determined legal as well. Again, I got to think there's not a video and audio of Haigs that's standing up saying kill them all and all these other things that are coming out of this. I mean, it's just not the case that the people, you know, I had a chance to talk to some of the former Jay Sock commanders the last few days, and they wanted me to reiterate to everybody that the people that are on these missions are professionals, and they're doing things exactly by the book. And if they thought for one second so that was an illegal target or they were there were survivors, and the fact that they thought that that the target wasn't destroyed, they wouldn't have fired again, did Why did in a couple of weeks later we turned two people back over to this to the host county. What did that happen? Well, they must have thought that situation was different from this. I'm sure that will be explained in the Senate Armed Services Committee. But the professionals in the military are looking at every single aspect and there's just no way they were going to fire on a target that wasn't legal.
Speaker 1: All right, well said, we'll wait for more facts to come out. Now to your piece about the still taking shape Ukraine deal, I thought the way you framed it was so interesting that it's not exactly a peace treaty. It's more a Korean style armistice or freeze. Tell us about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a freeze, and you know, you know, it's a classic trading land for some kind of freedom or immediate relief from stopping the war. We all want the war to stop, but there's no guarantees of what specifically what that means without NATO being involved. For example, I still don't believe Russia will accept anything, any peace agreement or any agreement that they come to right now anyway. And I'll kind of put this out preemptively because it's going to forest United States to try to create more leverage at some point. But if they did accept what what's currently on the table right now, all it does is going to set up Round two at some point. I mean, it's appeasement to try to stop a world We're you know that nineteen thirty eight. Let's say that was kind of appeasement to try to keep a war from happening. This is the flips it on it's head. It's Korea nineteen fifty three in the same regard. That will create a DMZ, and we'll create this line, but it can always be restarted. And I just don't believe this is good for the long term of Eastern Europe, and I don't think it's in the long term interest in the United States.
Speaker 1: We were wondering yesterday, why would Putin quit?
Speaker 3: If you're a Russia with Russia's goals, would you keep prosecuting the war exactly.
Speaker 4: Not for one second would I quit. So that's the thing. And there's the battlefield math has not changed. There's nothing differently on the battlefield. In fact, the Russians have caught up with the Ukrainians when it comes to their drone technology. It's incredible the fiber optic drones that are being used right now, and they're tethered, and they're ubquous to the weather, and and they're not impervious to electronic warfare. You know, we need to be paying close attention. I know we are at the military academy this because we've got a leaf fraud this technology. We can't be satisfied with what's good enough on the battlefield right now. We've got to be looking over the horizon and figuring out what it's going to take, what the drone technology looks like on the next battlefield, because because right now it's very very advanced right now, and the Russians have caught right up with the Ukrainians on it.
Speaker 1: Right and final point on the comparison with Korea, the thing that bothers me is somebody who's been standing up for Ukraine is that unlike the Korean deal where you got your demilitarized zone, but then everybody's armed to the teeth on both sides of it. Yeah, this is calling for Ukraine to more or less disarmed, to weaken their own military and become a just It wouldn't take ten minutes for Putin to violate the agreement and beat the hell out of the Ukraine, take even more land a year or two hence, so.
Speaker 4: Exactly they would have interior lines. They would take land that they haven't conquered yet. You know, in Korea we poured in forty five thousand troops. There's ten thousand artillery rounds, you know, targeting each other right now, that's a tinderbox on some level. And we've talked about that and before. But this, this in particular, would be it would clearly lead to a round two at some point unless NATO, for example, provided an air defense umbrella over Ukraine that guaranteed all missiles coming from Russia would be shot down, perhaps a no fly zone, although a no fly zone is technically an active war. But and what are the troop where do the troops come from? So NATO has to be in the game or the or NATO countries have got to be in the game from a security perspective or to execute your point, they would roll right through Ukraine once this they were disarmed.
Speaker 1: Military analyst Mike Lyons will post his piece forrom Real Clear Defense at Armstrong and getty dot com. Mike, really interesting perspective. Thanks so much for the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, great guys, Thanks for having and thanks for having this kind of conversation. I'm not sure where other people are having it. And I think it's important to recognize that our military is professional and not murdering people in the water. I just think I just want to make that that point clear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we probably we'd be better off pandering, but we're too stubborn to do it. So anyway, Thanks Mike.
Speaker 4: Great to talk to you, great guys, great out here.
Speaker 3: So do these two things go together, though, that our military is professional and we're not in the business of murdering people in the water, and things aren't quite as delineated as you think they are in TV shows or whatever around these issues.
Speaker 1: Well, and to what extent is a drug cartel an enemy force? And to what extent where are we at war? Because that's there's an underlying set of questions before we even get to the specifics. But a quick word from our friends at Omaha Steaks. That's fabulous. That the sale that got going on right now, it's fabulous. There's sizzle all the way. Sail. You can get fifty percent off sitewide at Omaha Steaks dot com. Plus you good people get an extra thirty five dollars off with the promo code Armstrong at checkout.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're just doing that for you because we like you and we want you to et Omah Steaks.
Speaker 1: Because they're really really good.
Speaker 3: Lots of different kinds of steaks, you know, there are different cuts and that's stars sort of stuff, and they have that Nomaha Steaks, but they're all fantastic. And then the burgers are the best burgers I've ever had, absolutely fantastic, the apple tart.
Speaker 1: Let's just all kinds of stuff from Ama Steaks that are great. You want an endorsement, I've ordered it for my papa, who just turned eighty five. Year after year after year love Omaha Steaks, Never for a second wonder about their quality. It is so good. A lot of different packages too. Save big on gourmet gifts and more holiday favorites with Omaha Steaks visit Omaha Steaks dot com for fifty percent off sitewide during their Sizzle All the Way sale. That's a really good name, and for an extra thirty five bucks off, use the promo code Armstrong at checkout. Use it at checkout Omaha Steaks dot com. The code is Armstrong.
Speaker 3: I want to talk about what's your pea doom a little bit later if you don't know that term around AI.
Speaker 1: But I don't want to rap name p doom Yo yo yo.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be the scariest radio show in America. So we have some other stuff where you're coming up next farm Strong.
Speaker 1: Hard to believe, but Ireland will finally introduce warning labels on alcohol, you know to one of its harmful side effects such as katy disease, cancer or worse going home with rosy O'Donnell, never forget or something Hey, get it by Christmas. Shipping deadline is upon us. Order your new Ang T shirt or hoodie now at the Ang Superstore Armstrong Giddy dot com. Perhaps you're looking for something else, how about the truly amusing kftc apron perfect for your favorite griller. Please. I can't wait to get mine. Where's mine Handsome or our new drink wear and the ruin the entire country Newsome twenty twenty eight T shirts are flying off the shelves. Wear them proudly. Halt progressive stupidity in its tracks. Anyway, moving along, because we all want a quick route to health other than eating a reasonably balanced diet and regularly exercising. And I'm not claiming for a minute I do those things. But anyway, everybody wants to take supplements. Kitty, are you big on supplements? Have you been into the turmeric or whatever? Pre pregnancy?
Speaker 5: I was, but then I kept reading all this stuff about how it's just they're not regulated and not good for you, so I steer clear.
Speaker 1: Came across this piece from our friends Jason Rantz and Seattle, who's a terrific radio guy and a good guy. New independent lab analysis may make every Amazon shopper I think twice before buying another supplement from the world's largest online marketplace. A consumer health testing platform purchased forty four of Amazon's most popular supplements and put them through ISO accredited labs. The results were alarming. Boy fifty two out of the forty four failed to meet their label claims for what were in them, and even more stunning, of those twenty two that failed to meet the claims, twenty of them virtually all of them had zero to three percent of the main ingredient an amount claimed. That means half the supplements tested were effectively fakes, and many of them contained none or almost none of what the label promised was in them. So Amazon's marketplace has become a huge magnet for low quality, foreign manufactured deceptive supplements selling. But did they work? They cured the PLACEBA almost right away.
Speaker 3: I had quite a conversation with my niece who's in medical school right now for Thanksgiving about PLACEBIA.
Speaker 1: Now I'm all for it.
Speaker 3: If I think it works and it made me feel better, one hundred percent, I'll pay for it.
Speaker 1: So the folks who sponsored this, who I believe are a domestic supplement maker, they discovered that every single overseas registered supplement they tested failed testing, including six from mainland China, delivered none of the claimed potency. Plus you get your opaque seller identities on Amazon. I've fallen pray to that once or twice, two third party sellers. Anyway, fuyerviewer go with known domestic brands.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and one thing that I've seen I can't remember where I saw this report, but these especially the Chinese manufacturers, will pay people to review the product, so then it'll show the product is having a higher rating because you know they've they've obviously planted all these these reviews and then people purchase.
Speaker 3: How about these giant, giant vitamin stores that they have in strip malls or whatever, those are probably legit, right if you go into one of.
Speaker 1: Those, uh will I would again, I would check the label. Maybe go with the better known supplement brands. Yeah, I mean, maybe taking turmeric or whatever the hell is today's hot hot mineral magnesium a good idea or bad idea, but you might as well get what you're paying for. Yeah, and then whiz it out because your body gets plenty of it just from regular diets like most things. That's correct. Yes, yes, wiz it out, sweeze it out.
Speaker 3: How much time do we got, Michael? We got to talk about that field goal from last night. Yeah, if you haven't watched the video, why did they send me out to kick a field goal?
Speaker 1: That was a mistake. We got a lot of stuff on the way. I hope you can stay here Armstrong and Geeddy.
Speaker 3: Forty seven yard trying now by young Way Conny stumbled Killen gets swallowed up Patriots ball.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've ever seen that. Yeah, look like he just stubbed his foot right into the turf. Here it is.
Speaker 5: There was.
Speaker 1: They're laughing. So here's what happened.
Speaker 3: The field goal kicker who is like me, he runs up to kick a field goal.
Speaker 1: It's like two feet from the ball. He gets jams and foot into the ground. Yeah. Yeah, he never contacted the ball, come within a foot of contacting. They speaking as a guy who kicked a thirty five yarder on the air. I would like to point out that was a I've never seen anything like that. No, it's just going through a whole any level of football, not high school football. No, no, no.
Speaker 3: If you do that in junior high everyone would laugh at you and they would wonder why did you ever think you could kick a football?
Speaker 1: Understand again, he planted his plant foot, he swung his foot, he hit a foot foot and a half behind the ball, never even scared the ball, I mean, and the holders like, what the hell do I do?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: He picks the ball up and gets the hell beat out of him.
Speaker 3: I was just going through a whole bunch of social media stuff from various NFL players through the years who say, I have watched eight million of games, I've never seen anybody do that before. Yeah, it's hard to imagine the equivalent of it. I mean, like, if you're shooting a free throw and you turned around and faced the other direction and tried to put it in the other basket, or are you hitting yourself in the face with it, right, It's amazing how there was a play like this in the World Series where somebody dropped a pop fly.
Speaker 1: Basically, how professionals who.
Speaker 3: Are the best in the world at it can make the you know, I am a sucky athlete, thirteen year old mistake sometimes.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, but to drop a fly ball is one thing. To stand there and have it like go four feet away from your mitan that would be the equivalent to this. I'm sure he'll be out trying to explain that guy was just cut by another team and he caught on with the sucky Sucky Giants. Oh boy boy, I'm like, oh the barrel now, I'm just picturing what his teammates must have said to him as he was walking back to the bench.
Speaker 3: Would there be nothing to say? You don't need to say anything. There's nothing you could say. The guy knows what he did. His foot hit not even closing the ball. He probably about broke his ankle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll tell you. There's one thing you could say, hope you catch on with another team, buddy. Sorry, maybe Carr's Gonza. That's what I'd have said to him. Car insurance. You ever thought about that? People need car insurance? Be that way to make a living.
Speaker 3: Be that guy at Costco that says to people when they walk by, hey do you have vinyl sighting?
Speaker 1: Be that guy you know if he's got a smart agent. He's trotting him out right now with some sort of sometimes just swinging miss badly. And that's when you call service master or something. I don't know, something escape anything.
Speaker 5: Apparently the quarterback was on the sideline, Jackson Darty.
Speaker 1: You could see him lipping in the camera. Oh my god, I saw that. I saw that. It was just oh my god. He turns and then he turns and says what and then the mercifully his said has turned. Yes, Yes, you got to lean into it. That's exactly it.
Speaker 3: You gotta be on Kimmel tonight, and and you know, do something ridiculous and become a household name for that, and you'll make your living pitching various products the rest of your life. You'll make more then you were ever gonna make as a second tier kicker. Right, you need to become a household name for the worst kick in NFL history.
Speaker 1: Going turn and ads for one of those divorce lawyers. I'm I'm young, ho ku did you did you swing and miss on your first marriage?
Speaker 3: They get a fair settlement, Jason lawyers bet in a car wreck?
Speaker 1: Right? Why this was a car wreck, wasn't it? And they show the tape. Yes, if you've been in a car wreck, call Joe good if they fight for you.
Speaker 3: We posted that at armstrong in getdy dot com because you got it. If you haven't seen the video of the Giants kicker missing that field goal, you think we're exaggerating, We're not.
Speaker 1: We're we're not doing it justice of how bad that is. Missing the field goal hardly is that's really inadequate to describe what happened. The ball didn't get off the ground. If I you know, the ball wasn't even juststled. No, the ball didn't get off the ground. The ball was not assaulted, the ball was not contacted. The ball has nothing to do with this. It was not part of the play. All right, thank god for that. Coming up. Two things. Number one, it may be the greatest scam ever perpetrated in terms of the dollar value, and it was perpetrated against the people of Europe. I will explain. And also this, this is so good. The question and who is asking it? The question is if I am really turned on by a woman's bare feet? Is showing me pictures of a woman's bare feet pornography? And who's asking it? The irs? I'll try to get past.
Speaker 3: The because I think feet are disgusting and I just do not under stand people who are turned.
Speaker 1: On by feet. I'm foot neutraled or handy for walking certainly, But so I'll just try to ignore that that you're a freaking weirdo if you're turned on by feet, and just accept that some people are. You know, I'm not going to go too deep in the Getty playbook, but a nice foot rob is, you know, it's a nice it's a good thing, right al or anti that you refuse to indulge their or what I mean, you don't have to getting or giving giving. I'd rather not. I think feet are gross. Wow wow wow, Katie high Seval. You can sigh heavily enroll your eyes, or you could step up to the mic, your idiot, jack. Feet are just disgusting. They should always be covered. Do you look at yours every day and go ew keep them away from people? But the coming up the irs wants to know if feet turn you on? Is that porn?
Speaker 3: I know somebody I know a woman who became aware of the fact that one of her male co workers, if she were if she was barefoot in like you know, uh, attractive footwear at work, that that male coworker stared at her feet all the time, oh boy. And it kind of became people and the people. Other people became aware that man, oh boy, he's really going to be checking you out today, Like you know, if she showed up in open toed sandals of some.
Speaker 1: Sort, man, everybody with some sort of quasi lesbian look from then on and go hiking boots and sick woolen sucks every day.
Speaker 3: Because apparently he was obvious about it, that other people in the workplace were aware that, oh boy, Jim's going to be staring at your feet today, you know that sort.
Speaker 1: Of Oh that's uncomfortable. Yeah, that's that's terrible. But it's well for us.
Speaker 3: For somebody who's like in defeat, it's the equivalent of wearing you know, a tube top or something, I guess for somebody who's in the battle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, yes, please, it's not your fault, all right. So I will explain that that confusing story coming up after a brief break. But our friends at Prize Picks want to remind you that Prize Picks is the easiest, most fun way to get into fantasy sports. You see, all you do is pick two players and you can combine sports if you want. Your lineup can have a basketball player and a football player, for instance, and you just pick more or less on the stat projections for at least two players.
Speaker 3: For instance, did you go more or less field goal kickers who would kick into the ground three feet from the ball. I actually don't think they had as an option, but if they had, you might have done.
Speaker 1: Well. Yeah, the more or less could have been the ball and move one inch. It didn't anyway. Prize Picks is super cool. You can make your picks on fantasy score free throws, made field goal attempted at even turnovers. A couple of players really stack up their free throws. That's interesting. Anyway, download the prize picks at today and use the code Armstrong. You get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup. As the code armstrong, you get fifty dollars in lineups to play around with for just playing a five dollar lineup. You don't have to win. It's automatic prize picks. It's good to be right.
Speaker 3: So the whole Pete Heggzeth guys in the Boat second Strike thing. We talked about it early in the show. Then we had Mike lions On talking about it, and we've gotten so many texts about it. We'll maybe get some of those an hour three. Seems to be a hot topic for y'all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess, wow, Okay, Yeah, I'm surprised. I thought we dealt with it just plenty, a lot of plenty and a half. But people are crazy into it.
Speaker 3: Fair amount of partisan breakdown, and I think that's true in the media also, like Mike Lein said that, you know, there's a lot of Democrats that would just love to get a scalp with Pete hegseeth having to resign. That would I've never understood this kind of partisan ship where if you make somebody from the other party resign, like, Wow, we've really got them, now, don't I don't understand that?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, what do you think Trump's gonna point AOC to the post Now He's gonna point another hardcore pro defense Republican.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't. I don't understand that level of politics. But anyway, we got that a lot of other stuff on the ways to hear our three, We're gonna talk to someone covering the Luigi trial. That scumbag murderer I did just re saw the video. God, that guy needs to if we had if we're gonna have a death penalty, that guy should be executed.
Speaker 1: But he's handsome, and some people are unhappy about their health insurance, so we should murder young dads, say people who ought have he denied the effing vote immediately morons? Anyway, So remember when Trump promised to exempt tips from taxes to win Nevada. It was a clever political ploy and then it was passed into law. This past summer creates a number of challenges though, uh, the tax break does not exempt tips from taxes entirely, but it's incentive for people to earn more of them obviously lost pass and people adjust their behavior to them tax laws especially, that's one thing liberals never get anyway. To avoid some sort of giant economy wide shift of earnings into tips, the IRS and the Treasury have imposed some limits. Only people who work jobs that have customarily and regularly received tips can claim the deduction, like talk show hosts. Exactly, yeah, we've started to go fund me. No we haven't anyway, so on a list of nearly seventy eligible occupations under the IRS list detailed in a proposed regulation in September where digital content creators, entertainers and performers and dancers categories that are to be a boon for America's sex workers. Everybody's thinking, yes, all these tips that I get online are now tax free.
Speaker 3: Oh, I didn't know what administration. Yes, I didn't know what you meant by digital content creators. I thought that those people get tips. You mean only fans people.
Speaker 1: Among others. Yeah, okay, well there's a hell of a lot of different digital content, but sure, yeah, but the Trump administration then added the tips for prostitution or pornographic activity quote unquote would not be entitled to the new tax break. Okay, so obviously that was a disappointment, or at least or a head scratcher too.
Speaker 3: People post, hey, that's some nice fornicating. Here's twenty percent. I'm disappointed in that fornicating. I'll give you a fifteen percent tip, but try harder. Well, that's that's how it works. That's precisely how it works for the online performance.
Speaker 1: You call it. Take for the coins are well, I try to understand stories before I launch into them. So anyway, Oh, so where were we? Oh? Okay, So people who post sexually explicit or even just sensual comments on platforms like only Fans where users leave tips aren't quite sure where to where this is going now. Performers in the adult entertainment industry already face difficulties accessing basic financial services. They know idea, but that's another difficulty. It certainly is. But nobody's sure how restrictions on pornographic activity would actually work because the IRS, like the rest of us, has not yet elaborated on which activities it would consider pornographic. It's unclear, for instance, whether strippers could claim the tips deductions. How about exotic dancers who just lose their top. How about those who take off their top in their bottom? Plenty of activity, an accountan or tax lawyer could argue is merely titillating and not pornographic. Where's the line? How about some girl who does yoga in a bikini? How about some gal or guy who just shows their feet to people who get super turned on by feet. They are getting sexual gratification from it, yet is it pornographic? And can you deny them the right to deduct those tips from their taxes? Ought somebody do yoga and tights and giving them tips? You know?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean I realize you'd like to write some sort of ironclad list of what you should be turned on by and whatnot and publish that as some sort of bible. I find the tax what is porn? Question to be more interesting? But whatever? All right? Moving along? Perhaps the greatest scam in the history of mankind. The people of Europe, those poor bastards. They've all got to learn like three four languages. What we've changed subjects? I was not dragging. We're on a different subject here, yes, yeah, on a different topic. European politicians told their voters, we go with this big green energy thing. We'll have green jobs and cheap, abundant solar and wind energy, also a sharp production in carbon emissions, and the poor Euros, having learned three or four languages, got screwed. We're two decades in and energy prices have skyrocketed. They've caught their they've cut their carbon emissions. Great, yeah, China and India, like, that's cute way to go, idiots. Yeah, they've cut their carbon emissions by more than any other region, thirty percent compared to seventeen percent for US. But listen to their energy prices, which you and people who pay high energy prices in the US, you think you're getting hosed. Now, granted these are national averages, and somebody's getting hosed. That does count as pornography if they're doing yoga. I'm not sure certainly the US. In the US, we pay and this is an average. So if you're in you know, Oklahoma, it's different than California. You pay eight point one CeNSE per kiloodd hour eight cents in the In the UK they're paying thirty four cents.
Speaker 3: Wow a kiloodd hour I that it was crazy high because of their zero policies.
Speaker 1: I didn't know it was that much, so it's quadruple. Italy's a little behind that at twenty nine, Germany twenty seven, Poland twenties five ish, France twenty one ish. But yeah, unfreaking believable. Charles Seacook of National Review. He's from England.
Speaker 3: He regularly talks about how much cheaper everything is in the United States, and people in the United States.
Speaker 1: Don't realize it.
Speaker 3: It's just so much cheaper just to live compared to Europe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Germany now has the highest domestic electricity prices in the developed world. There's also industrial energy prices, which complicates this a little bit. Well. The UK is the highest industrial electricity rates. Average electricity prices for heavy industries in the European Union remain roughly twice those in the US and fifty percent higher in China. No wonder their economy suck and energy prices have grown more volatile as the share of renewables increased, so they skyrocket up and down, crippling industry, hobbling Europe's ability to attract key economic drivers like AI, which requires cheap and abundant electricity. They just got ripped off, defrauded.
Speaker 3: So I got a question, Yeah, so is the Trump administration arguing for more of those places to count as tips or fewer of those places of activities to kind of tips like the person doing yoga and stretching on camera for people who want to watch them do yoga. Are they trying to get that included or trying not to They're trying to guess, I would guess they're trying to minimize the number of people who could deduct tips, just for revenue reasons, like any deduction. I thought they were going to try to broaden it just to include as many people as possible, but they already you know, he's not running for election again, so he doesn't need to do that again.
Speaker 1: Right right, So now you make these political promises and the IRS has to figure out and you know, a more mundane example of it is, all right, what is a work expense? Is?
Speaker 3: Are there going to become court cases like trying to figure out whether or not somebody's showing their feet?
Speaker 1: If people are turned on, they will have to be right, A judge will have to decide right, Uh, yeah, unless the IRS goes super liberal on that sort of stuff. But yeah, absolutely could end up in court. Wow, I have shown one breast your honor, one breast less. Is not porn. This is not porn. That is really anatomy.
Speaker 3: We get a lot more of the way if you miss a segment or now or get a podcast Armstrong and getting on