Speaker 1: Welcome back everybody to Bachelor Happy Hour's Golden Hour. Thanks again for joining us, and we're always so excited to be back, aren't.
Speaker 2: We, Kathy, We are and I love these days because today we're going to be answering more of your fan questions. Make sure you're submitting those. We love reading them. All you gotta do is go to Bachelor Nation dot com slash Golden Hour and submit away.
Speaker 1: Yes, send us everything, your questions, your updates, and your opinions, all of it. You can also dm us on Instagram at Bachelor Happy Hour. Oh kay, let's talk about our cruise.
Speaker 2: Guess this Bachelor Okay, if you haven't heard, folks, Bachelor Nation vacation at sea has finally been announced, and we are so excited. You and I are going. Lots of Bachelor Nation people are going to be on there, lots of friends and couples, and.
Speaker 1: It's just going to be a party.
Speaker 2: I think it's going to be a NonStop party. I have never been to Puerta Plata, but who doesn't love a good cruise with us with dancing surprises. You know what I'm most excited about, Susan is meeting so many of the fans exactly, and I.
Speaker 1: Write to us, we chat with them online. We don't know what they look like or they are, you know what I mean, just by their notes. And and we're going to be doing a live podcast.
Speaker 2: A live podcast, so that's going to be really fun. Also, you know, folks out there, a lot of you are single, as am I, and so I know it gets expensive to go on a cruise, but there is a Facebook page that you can go to. It's called Official Bachelor Nation Vacation See Cruisers group. Go on Facebook, find that group and join. It's a great way to make new friends, maybe find a roommate for the cruise. It's a win win. You're going to get to meet a lot of your Bachelor Nation favorites. There are so many. We don't even know all the surprises yet. But trust me, this is going to be a cruise of a lifetime. You're going to have a blast. So if you haven't booked your cabin yet, go and do it now because you are going to be so excited to come. And we can't quit excited.
Speaker 1: Everybody there me too.
Speaker 2: You know, people think that we see Bachelor Nation all of our friends all the time. This is going to be as much fun for us to see all of you and chat with you, and you can see what we're really like in person, which is exactly what we're like on this podcast, by the way.
Speaker 1: And you'll be seeing us everywhere on that ship, and I'm sure there's going to be things that we'll be involved with with you, right. Yeah, we don't know what.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be great, but if we haven't sold you yet, we're gonna be talking about it again. Book your cabin now. Go to Bachelor Nation Vacation at Sea dot com and book your cabin now. You will not regret this decision. It's gonna be a blast. But okay, you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna have fun. I'll have dinner with yous. I mean, that's one of my favorite things to do, dinner and dancing.
Speaker 2: And as long as I'm shying, as long as gonna have to cook it, I'm.
Speaker 1: In all right now. So before we dive into today's episode, we want to do a little ketch up with you guys, like, what's going on with us, Kathy, what's going on with you? I know, for me, I'm getting excited because I'm sure I mentioned it before. I was nominated for efficient of the Year Award. I don't know if I'll get it, but the time is come, Kata. I don't know what to wear. I think I'm gonna do a post like an evening gowns and have the fans pick one.
Speaker 2: I've seen what the choice is. You're gonna look gorgeous no matter what you choose. And I'm putting it out to the universe right now. I think you're gonna win this award.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. I don't know about winning, but just to be there. I mean, it's an international thing and there's so many titles like you be blown Away. So I'm going to meet people from all over the world.
Speaker 2: That's so exciting and and you know what, I really wanted to come, but I know, but I've got too So this this event is in early December, mid December, and I've got a couple of Christmas parties with my family and my grandson has some music concerts, so I can't be there. But trust and believe me, I will be rooting for you, and you're gonna win. You're gonna c cart home somebody.
Speaker 1: Winning is just being around people that you love, and you know, when you get called up to the stage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like your nerves, oh people, you.
Speaker 1: Know, harder than being behind the cameras. Like being on the show was not difficult. I forgot the cameras were there. I was just me. But this is like spotlight you know.
Speaker 2: Well, you know it's funny you say that because you and I just and Nancy just did a an event. Uh in it was. It's a company out of Jersey. It's called Wigs and Wishes and they provide wigs for women and children fighting that dreaded disease called cancer, and then they give wishes, the grant wishes to children. It's not make a Wish foundation, it's a grassroots organization. And Susan, Nancy and I were there as you know, sort of celebrity hosts whatever. And you're right when you're we all were up on stage and in that moment, it's much harder when it's something heartfelt than just having fun.
Speaker 1: Because the emotions take over. We're not known.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you know what, you will be great. I have no doubt. I wish I could be there because but no, Susan, I'm wishing you well from Afar.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you, thank you, and your world.
Speaker 2: What's going on not you know, not so much.
Speaker 1: I know soon we'll be talking about the holidays and people dating, and a lot of people get off. Some people I know just get on the dating sites for the holidays, which I think is crazy.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I'm not a big fan of dating sites for a variety of reasons. I mean, hasn't been successful for me, but I did so I've always said to you I would love to meet somebody through just a organic way, other than a dating site or whatever. And I actually had a friend set me up with a guy. And it's funny because the holidays really are tough, you know, you go through all the memories and stuff, but it would be nice to meet someone to share. So what to share these things with? Right, So my friend fixes me up and this guy Atlantic Coast Atlantic East Coast guy. I'm from the East Coast. So I'm thinking, oh, this could be it, because you know, I don't seem to jive well with guys with ten gallon hats and skull and holding up dead fish where I live in Texas. Uh love Texas, but you know, there it is. And so I thought, oh this, you know, this could be my time. And interestingly, I knew his situation. His wife had passed away, and you know your mind going in dating. It's so different in our age, right, and so I'm thinking this could be great. On the other hand, this guy's lost his wife in the not too distant past. And honestly, Susan, you know, I called you. We talked about it, like, what do I do, Susan? Do I jump in and try to date the guy?
Speaker 1: Knowing that maybe to I give that advice to anyone. You have to take a chance, right, It doesn't always work out in your favor, but you need to take the chance. It stings, it stinks.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing for me, I knew that she hadn't been gone that long, and so I was like, and we all know men seem to find another partner sooner than women and to find their partner. So I thought, well, I can jump in or not. But if I don't jump in, then I don't have a chance. And sure enough I jumped in, and sure enough it became very yeah, well, very quickly that he wanted somebody local, you know that, And so I'm left with but.
Speaker 1: From what you told me, he wanted somebody that needed him and needed somebody to depend on his finances is whatever. You're very independent, and.
Speaker 2: I am only to a point, Susan.
Speaker 1: I know I love our independence, yeah, and sometimes, And I've been told this all my life, and I want to know if you feel the same. Men say they want an independent woman, but they really don't.
Speaker 2: And can I tell you are singing my song. I've said that a hundred times. They really want someone who needs, someone who depends on them. At least that's been my experience. So that was a tough one for me, especially with the holidays approaching. But you know what, honestly, I was at a Gallo luncheon today and I was talking with the woman next to me and we were talking about She recognized me from the show, and she said, you know, you're such an inspiration. I can't same old thing. I can't believe there aren't men just lighting up at your door. And I said to her, even if I never meet another man or the man, you know what, Susan, I am grateful. I have three great kids, I have five great grandchildren. I have girlfriends, and I have to be happy with that. And I think sometimes that's more important being happy with who I am.
Speaker 1: It is, But when you're in the moment and you're thinking about saving somebody, you forget all that.
Speaker 2: And I would love to meet someone. I would, but you know what the lesson I learned is, uh, you know, you have to go for it. If the chance, if you've given the chance, you have to go for it. But also I came off of it dis very disappointed. I mean, you asked me, uh, what I would do if he called me in a month and said it didn't work out with the other woman he met, And I said I would say no, thank you, because no.
Speaker 1: You said he'd have to like move mountains and have not sitting out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said it would. Actually, you're right, I said it would have for you. I said there would have to be a very grand gesture, like naming a yacht after me. Yeah, you're right. I did say.
Speaker 1: We have a friend that's about to meet somebody and it's long distance and they've been chatting a while. I won't mention it any names. And yeah, I know you're nervous about it. I'm more excited about it. Kathy is more logical about.
Speaker 2: This, you know why, because it's it's it's not that I'm logical, Like when I hear that. I don't want to see anybody hurt. I don't like that. And so you know, as the holidays are coming, I'm hoping that, uh, that guy is right around the corner for me. But if not, I have so many things in my life to be grateful for and that's what I'm holding on to absolutely.
Speaker 1: And with that said, it's leave season. Can I tell.
Speaker 2: You it's what's the leaves falling? Oh?
Speaker 1: I get out there with my blower, Cathy, and no, sooner did I finish the front. I get out back and they're down in the front again.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have to tell you I had thirteen I have a very small yard. You've been to my house. I had thirteen bags of mult spread the other day. I didn't think it through, Susan. The acorns. No, the acorns are now falling on top of the mulcha. And of I don't get the acorns out, then I have oak trees. So every day talk about being anal. Every day I go out and get at least one hundred of the acorns that have fallen, because it's either getting them before they sprout or pulling the mini trees out of the This is what we do when we're not doing our podcast. Friends, Susan is blowing leaves and Happy is pulling out.
Speaker 1: I put a post out there, let's start talking about the mean people out in the world. People with their comments again, I had the lower and the lawnmower, but I hadn't opened the brown bags yet. They're the big leaf bags to dumb people were commenting, what do you do? Just blow the leaves and mulch them and leave them there, And other people are saying, well, yeah, I think that's like fertilization for you.
Speaker 2: For you know what, Susan, I've got an idea for a video for you. Take your blower and just blow it at the camera and say all done.
Speaker 1: There's somebody else. Why are you in white? It was a hoodie. I mean, come on, I.
Speaker 2: Was filthy, you know what. Lived interiously, go buy yourself a cheap wedding gown at Goodwill and you got to get you know what, give the people what they want. That's what I say. Go get a wedding gown in white and start blowing the leaves.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go out my sparkly ill cut the lawn.
Speaker 2: You know what. I gotta be careful though, because mister Wright may be looking at my posts. So you know, I don't want the guy thinking what kind of weird I was out there picking up acorns like I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, and she's not going to need me. Look at her. She got her power tools going on. Remember that you're Nancy Caven. We had our face done last year, and Nancy Caven she was blowing the leaves because I was out there with the baby right.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I forgot that.
Speaker 1: A year already.
Speaker 2: You know what. Times guys were having fun and we're having a blast. Okay, it's time to get into the episode. Let's start with the question of the day, my favorite time. Are you ready, Susan, Let's do it. Here we go. Since we've discussed settling in a relationship, our listeners are curious on how you draw the line between compromise and settling in a relationship. Ship. So what does compromise look like in a relationship and can compromise turn into settling? Okay, so you and I actually we have talked about this, yes, and the the there is a difference I think between the compromise to.
Speaker 1: Me, compromises something smaller like settling is something that you just knew, which is one of your red flags, and you're going to go be okay with it. That would be settling for me.
Speaker 2: Well, I think I think compromise is is a healthy, good choice. Compromising could be something like I don't want to go for Chinese food. I want to go to a steakhouse. Well, I, and your partner says something else. I think those are compromises. I think settling has to do with a compromise, compromising your own moral compass or your value system. So it gets a little confusing when you use that terminology. But settling is for me is when I have been in a relationship and I know it's not the relationship for me. I know that I'm making decisions that don't sit well in my heart, in my spirit, and I've sort of forced myself to do it. Going to a steakhouse instead of a Chinese restaurant, to me, is a compromise, and good relationships make those compromises.
Speaker 1: Kathy, what do you feel could compromises turn into settling in a relationship?
Speaker 2: Oh? Well, for me again, at our age, it's a little bit different. But for me, I'll give you a very big example for me and people in our age talk about this all the time. Moving if you find mister Wright, are you willing to move? So to me, if I want to be with the man, it is a compromise. It would be a compromise for me to not see my grandchildren and my kids every week. But I would be willing to compromise because I want to be with the man I'm in love with. That to me would be a compromise. Settling would be this guy wants to move to you know, East Overshoe, and I'm going to see my kids once a year. Then I'm settling because I know in my heart that I want to see my kids and my grandkids more. But I'm afraid of losing this guy. I'm afraid that there won't be another opportunity. So I say, okay, and I move to East Overshoe, which is, you know, four thousand miles around the globe. And I'm miserable I settled.
Speaker 1: Probably regret it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think, I Well, for me, you know what about you? I mean to be yes, I can't settle, so I don't me.
Speaker 1: Settling is like say you have a picture of what the person should be like, okay, in his qualities, and you're going to settle for less because you don't want to be alone like that is not.
Speaker 2: See okay, this is where you and I are going to disagree. No, unless you are, you know, Frederick, notwithstanding, I don't think there is a person out there for either of us that meets everything. No, absolutely not. Well you you just said if he doesn't have to, then you're settling.
Speaker 1: And my list has changed over the years as we both talked about it many times, because we're not looking for the same things anymore. Correct. So what I mean by this is like, for instance, somebody that's rude to the waitress or the waiter, and you're going to settle and say I'm okay with that as long as he says he's going to stop doing it. That's something that's never going to change, and you will end up resenting him for it.
Speaker 2: That's just as I don't, I don't, I mean, I hear you. To me, those aren't settling issues. That that's a character flaw that maybe was he just had a bad night. No, just maybe had a bad night in a restaurant. I mean to me, settling are the really big issues of life here for me would be settling. Listen, he says, you know, my my, I'm making these things up. You know, my daughter lives in London and we're gonna have to spend every Christmas in London. That's not a compromise. That is settling. That is a big that's not healthy for my brain, for my family, for my own well being. And I think that's what it comes down to. For me. Settling is when you have that icky feeling that this guy.
Speaker 1: Isn't there that you want, yeah, feeling.
Speaker 2: There's oh, I don't know. There's always going to be things in a relationship that could be improved. But I think for me it's so clear. I don't know if I'm articulating it well, but for me, settling is doing something, is having a relationship with someone that goes against my inner grain. My spirituality is something that I know that I should be doing this, but I'm doing it.
Speaker 1: And let me let me put a car, for instance, I want a car that has this heated steering wheel, Well, I'll settle for this car even though it doesn't have it. Like that kind of thing. When it comes to a relationship, that's a whole other world. It's a relationship. It's something that you will live to regret if you.
Speaker 2: Have you settled in relationships before.
Speaker 1: I don't believe so, oh I've compromised.
Speaker 2: Oh I have definitely settled, not long term, because that's why I but that's why it doesn't. That's why it doesn't. But anyway, I think that I think people mistake they mix up the two terms because I could see how Yeah, yeah, for everyone out there who doesn't who's in a relationship, who doesn't think you will be compromising, You're going to make a lot of compromises in your relationship. You're going to make a lot of sacrifices to.
Speaker 1: Make the relationship work. You can't be right all the time.
Speaker 2: Right and right. And that's why I'm saying it's it's it's those really deep, uh guiding force that when you go against it, then you know you're settling. And it's that feeling like you just try to push it away and and and say it's not the part you know it is, so you know a waight or being rude to a way to that to me is not that's not a settling issue that.
Speaker 1: But if that was his trait, that he does it all the time, that would be something that yeah, both of you and I both know that we would never tolerate it. We would never agree that that's okay.
Speaker 2: But yeah, well you know anyway, it's listen. I'd have to have the relationship to talk about compromise or settling. So I mean, I would ask you one thing and you don't have to answer it. What is the biggest compromise you've made with Frederick so far? Because you've told me you're not settling, So what's the biggest compromise you've made?
Speaker 1: Being okay with him not being as neat as I am?
Speaker 2: That's the biggest COMPROMI Cath, you know me, that's true.
Speaker 1: Huge. All right, let's get into our fan questions for today.
Speaker 2: Frederick get it cleaned up while she's working there to get that house ship shape. All right, I'm going.
Speaker 1: To start us off, and this is from anonymous Kathy and Susan. I really need your advice. I've always struggled with my relationship with my sister in law. When my husband and I first started dating in college, she and I weren't around each other much for the first two years. They barely acknowledged me, and when they finally did, it often felt like they were poking fun at me. Last fall, four days after my husband and I got engaged, she announced she was three weeks pregnant. To make matters worse, she shared the news at a family dinner that she had intentionally not included me in Ooh, it felt like our engagement had been completely overshadowed, and I spiraled. When my mother in law heard we were upset, she made us come over to talk. She revealed my sister in law had admitted she was getting close to me on purpose. Oh, she wasn't getting close to me on purpose. Excuse me, My l pressured me. Mother in law pressured me into confronting her. So I did, honestly and with an open heart. But instead of apologizing, my sister in law dismissed everything, made excuses, and told me never to bring it up again. Not long after my mom scheduled my bridal shower. Three months before my bridal shower, my mother in law told me the only weekends she'd like for my sister in law's baby shower were either the day after my shower or four days before. I begged her not to schedule it in the same weekend. Unsurprisingly, most of their skip Most of them skipped my shower. My sister in law's baby shower was four days before mine, and she had a second one the day after mine. By this point I had been in therapy for months trying to learn how to best handle their family. Things escalated again when it came to choosing our bridal party. My husband and my mother in law initially agreed it would be easiest if his sister and her husband weren't in the wedding. I was completely fine with this decision given the history, but when we told them, it turned into a yelling match. My sister in law actually said a wedding is an important, a baby is important. Months later, my mother in law took me estate sailing and broke down crying about how devastated she was that they weren't in the wedding. At that point I caved. I was exhausted from fighting and just gave in. So they ended up being in the wedding. After all, Our wedding day itself was beautiful, but their lack of consideration was obvious. They left early and didn't even bother to give us a card let, alone a gift. After everything, it felt like one final reminder of how selfish they are. I need to get past this as they are my husband's family. But wow, is that tough? How would you handle things going forward? Love you both? Woa, they're bitches.
Speaker 2: You know what? I think this might have been my sister in law. Oh my, I think this is it's my sister in law reincarnated.
Speaker 1: Well wait, I knew you were going to was something. But your sister in law too.
Speaker 2: There were two, There were twins. One is the sweetest one known to man. The other one is from hell. She rides on a broom. Well, let's not let's not talk about her, you know, let's just have positive hair. Okay, here's what I think. I think a couple of things. The husband. First of all, their their behavior anonymous is just ridiculous. It's it's intolerable, it is disgraceful, it is rude, it's unkind. I can you know. I can give you enough abjectives to fill the hour here. But your husband and your mother in law agreed that they shouldn't be in the wedding. And I'm sorry that you quote unquote caved because you could have just left it alone and said I'm sorry, you know, your mom, your brother, We all agreed and pushed it off on her family. You didn't do that, and I understand, and the moment it was probably difficult. You're when she says, your sister in law says babies are important, weddings aren't. I mean that tells you everything right there. But I'll bet you one thing. I bet her wedding was important.
Speaker 1: So here's the dare she say?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But here's the thing you But here's the thing. They're not nice people. You can spend the rest of your life, Anonymous, getting even, or you and your husband can have a serious talk about building your own family when you have children and seeing your in laws, sister in law, mother in law when it is convenient. And I'm sorry to say this, but I say it from experience. Anonymous put away the idea of the Norman Rockwell family Sunday gatherings kumbayah. It's probably never going to happen. So you know, be polite, always be polite.
Speaker 1: Yes, what do you think? Obviously there's two choices here, like for them not even to leave a card or a gift of any sort. To do the same thing to her is not something I recommend.
Speaker 2: She's already married, already married, she's already.
Speaker 1: Saying about the baby gifts. You know what I'm saying as far as your mother in law is concerned, I mean, really to start having a hissy fit because they're not in the wedding and then you do this, well.
Speaker 2: No, no, no change.
Speaker 1: The mother in law be this way.
Speaker 2: Yes, but the mother in law and son her husband agreed for them, not for her not to be in the wedding. I think it's just as you know the old in the Old Country. This is a mission us and you're not going to fix it.
Speaker 1: So how about when they were talking Kathy about please don't have it the same week as my baby shower, I mean my wedding shower, and then they did it four days before. That's just rude. And half the people didn't go to the second one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so didn't come to the wedding shower. So so what you know, focus on the marriage with your husband. You know, I have a friend in California who I have this conversation with who has trouble with her mother in law, similar kind of situation. From you know, she seems to have the most fabulous husband and she has a fabulous child. And focus on your family. That's what I wish I had done more of and just seeing the mother in law when I had to seeing.
Speaker 1: The But you know that's stung until you did.
Speaker 2: And that's what I'm saying, Anonymous, learn what took me many years. Be polite. Don't invite them on vacation, invite them for uh dinner? They can't come, Oh dear, I'm suys, So maybe another time. Always be aboud.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't all for dinner, No freaking way for her.
Speaker 2: You know why I would because I love.
Speaker 1: She'd probably cancel.
Speaker 2: That's okay. I love my husband, and if it was important to my husband, I would do it. I didn't say I would do it. I would say I would invite, and then when they say no, thank you, I'd look at my husband and say, I love you so much. I'm glad we're a family.
Speaker 1: And how about when does sister in law admit it that she wasn't getting close to her own purpose?
Speaker 2: Anonymous, they're not nice people. Get over it. You have a lovely husband, Get over the fact that your sister in law seems to be a selfish bitch. Your mother in law seems to be totally invested in her daughter. Get over it. So I'm sorry. I don't mean to sound hard. I'm giving you the advice Anonymous that I wished I had taken my own marriage because my mother in law was brutal and my and my father in law and it was it really did cause issues for my husband and myself and I had a great husband, so I do. I always used to say to my husband, like did a pity you know? Did you get dropped by the stork? Like where did you come from?
Speaker 1: Because you exchange gifts at Christmas? Getter an ugly Christmas Sweatery.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're moving on, we're anonymously.
Speaker 1: I feel your pain. I'm honest to God, and I know from Kathy's experience it's not easy. And it's easy for us to say, just go about your life, worry about you and your husband. But it does sting. We're not going to excuse.
Speaker 2: That, right. It does sting, but it's not going to change. So don't spend spend your effort making your marriage good, making your husband happy, building your relationship. When you guys have children, build your family, because ultimately that is what's going to matter in your life. And let us know, Anonymous, how things go. And by the way, congrats on your wedding. Okay, let's move on to question two from another anonymous writer and Jesse. Y'all know, don't ever feel like you have to put your name in when you send us questions. Were going to answer them whether you put your name down or not. So good good for you for writing this. Hi, ladies, I'm wondering what your take is on couples being together for a long time before they get engaged. I've been with my boyfriend for three years and we're in our mid twenties. We're already getting the quote when you're getting engaged questions, and they're getting more and more and more frequent from friends and family. My boyfriend and I have talked about marriage. We're confident we are each other's endgame. My boyfriend is holding off on marriage due to money, you know, wedding costs, figuring out where we want to settle down, and then buying a house, et cetera. For me, not only do I agree with those reasons, I also just don't feel ready to get get married. It almost feels like I'm too young, even though I'm really not. So I know where I stand in my relationship. But my question is this Why do people view it as such a red flag if you are together for a long time before getting married, should I be concerned that we don't feel ready yet? I guess I'm just looking for an outside perspective to help me feel more confident in how I feel. Thanks, ladies, what do you think?
Speaker 1: Literally not? You do it when you're ready. Don't let other people influence you one way or the other. I think it's just old school. You know, you're together so many years, the next thing in line is the engagement, and the next thing is the marriage, and then the next thing is you have a baby. Not You don't have to necessarily follow that rule. You do you? But when she says I don't feel ready to get married, like it's her age that she said, it's almost like I feel too young, even though I'm not. She's good in her relationship. But let me ask this, and Kathy, I want your opinion. If you're with somebody three years and do you not know what is I'm too young to get married me?
Speaker 2: Well, they're in their mid twenties and these are all judgment calls. I think getting married in your mid twenties is about as early, especially in this world in this day and time that you want to get married. But who am I like, I'm not a judge jury here. I mean my daughter dated a guy three years and didn't end up marrying. I don't think there's yeah, there's no, there's no. I think Anonymous. I think Susan's right. People just tend to go with tradition. They tend to go with historically people date get married to all those things. But I do want to say one thing too, Anonymous. Your boyfriend, you said, is holding off on marriage due to the wedding costs where you want to settle down by a house. Let me just tell you those things are fluid in life. You may buy six houses, you may move to four different cities. You may decide on a huge wedding, you may decide to elope, you may decide you're not ready to have children for five years, ten years. These are things that change over time. And so what I don't hear you saying is that your husband, sorry, your boyfriend, is not ready because of the costs and those decisions, and you feel like you're too young. So what I'm hearing is a good relationship where you two enjoy each other. I'm assuming you both work. You know where you stand in your relationship and you're comfortable with that, and you know what that is a sign of charity. You know what you want today. You don't have to be looking ten years down the road. But I would encourage you and your boyfriend to talk about the fact that you know, is the time ever perfect? I assure you it's never perfect time to have children. You know, the house you buy. A year after you buy it, you make it transferred for work, So be a.
Speaker 1: Little more kathy. What about to say, well, let's just do us and then when we're twenty nine or thirty, we'll revisit the marriage thing. Do we still feel like? I mean, what is the wedding? The marriage you commit to one another or you're legally binding because of a piece of paper and marriage. I don't think they're really sure yet. I don't think they're there yet.
Speaker 2: I don't listen, lots of people have children and they're not married. Lots of people live together not married, absolutly lots of people. Define what works for you, Anonymous, define you and your boyfriend define the relationship that works for you, and and revel in it, enjoy what you have together and don't worry so much about the future, you.
Speaker 1: Know, well, pleas pertay these comments, Kathy, like she's saying, why do they always view it as it?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Well, it's when are you going to get married? Just say someday, someday ready.
Speaker 2: You know, you know you don't even have to say that, say I'm If your friends are married and Anonymous, you can say them, I'm so glad you're married and you have the life you want. Whatever. Your boyfriend, let's call them Johnny. Johnny and I right now are living our best lives. We're in this great chapter of our life and we're so happy. And you know, life gives us all lots of chapters, and we're in this one right now and we're having fun and let it go exactly. And I'm happy that you found happiness because ultimately, Anonymous, finding love and happiness is the most important thing in life.
Speaker 1: It is. And just do you and enjoy this time with him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, but let us know, Wait, Susan, you're losing your touch. I can't believe you didn't make an advertisement. If they do decide to get married, that you're a wedding Officiacy.
Speaker 1: Well, she's not ready yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, well when you do. If you do, Susan, we'll be available. I can appciate and I'll come throw rose pedals. All right, we're going to move in to I love this. We're going to do another Golden Spotlight, and this one is all about technology. Boy, Okay, let's talk. I mean you, I don't know about you. I was born with black and white television. Let's just start with that. When my kids were young. Yeah, I mean when my kids were young, we didn't have computers. My first phone was like a suitcase. I remember the first computer I got my kids. It was a Macintosh Apple. The thing was just huge. Why do you think, I mean, I know what I think. Why do you think Golden struggles so much with technology.
Speaker 1: Because they're not used to it. They weren't taught it in school. When you do it every day it's a part of life, then you learn it better. I just know with my A, my my chat, she he's like my best friend.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, but you know that bothers me that you use that. Let me just you you went straight to AI. You know. AI has some great uses, but it.
Speaker 1: Does for it keeps me from having the Google research. I just asked him if he goes and looks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But see that's lazy, Susan, you're being a lot.
Speaker 1: I don't there's not enough time in the day. Some days when you want some information, do you not ask Alexa something like Alexa, what's the weather today?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I don't ever ask her what the weather.
Speaker 2: I don't ask Alexa what times? You know? I use Alexa tron on my music, and I use Alexa set a timer when I'm baking.
Speaker 1: Before I open my eyes and I'm laying in bed. I want enough time, and I don't want to look at a phone or any lights. So I say, Alexa, what time is it?
Speaker 2: Okay? But that's then Chap gbt write me a letter to my landlord. So I mean, I just think it's well worded.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't understand that because you were in English. I mean I get that.
Speaker 2: Oh well, all right, back to the tell technology that I think. I think goldens. Uh right. We did grow up. I know myself. I challenge myself to try to learn things, and sometimes I failed late. And but once someone I do want to learn, like I want to learn how to do as uh, I'll get somebody teach me how to do it, or I'll research it, like I'll do a YouTube video. But I think goldens are you know, they grew up on freaking rotary phones, and you know what the young people are listening is going, what the hell is a rotary phone? However, I think I think technology. I don't know if you if you heard about this, but families today, thank god my children are grown, because you know, giving kids smartphones when they're six. I don't subscribe to it, but a lot of families are going back to landlines and giving their kids, like, you know, a phone and a phone number. Yeah, go ahead and talk to your friends because they don't want them being being uh involved. Also social media, you know, that's that's my that's right. And technology is social media. It's a I I have found doing videos for me. Uh it's not as intuitive, That's what I would say younger kids, because they grew up on it. It's intuitive. You know, click on this highlight post, click, just clicking pieces and and to me, that's not as intuitive. But I get it. People say to me, Kathy, how can you write that so well? I don't know. It's I've done it so long. It's intuitive. It's just what we grew up with. However, I think a lot of people our age. My sister is one for I mean she just told me yesterday her she has an iPhone six and she has to get rid of it because it's not being supported anymore.
Speaker 1: I mean she used it updated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she to call people. I mean she. I take pride in being twenty nine as I am and learning new technology all the time. But I don't think people Golden's necessarily want to how many how many people were on at before you and I went on the show because of my job that.
Speaker 1: I hadn't understand Instagram?
Speaker 2: I know, okay, I was on Instagram. I was one of the first. Uh, I had it when it used to be and Twitter now my space x when it was one hundred and forty characters, like from the beginning of time. But you have to want I think you have to have a curious mind.
Speaker 1: It does it hard to learn? Yeah? Yeah? And I stand it. Yeah, And I think that, Well, do you remember your my grandmother, I'm sure yours when we had cell phones or a computer and she's like, oh my god, what is the world coming to?
Speaker 2: Like what does that do?
Speaker 1: They had encyclopedias that we look up things. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, today, I will say I love for me all being able to research things online and so go down rabbit, you know, type in something on my computer and and you can be like you said, type that's right there, typewriter. Yeah, but I'm saying I love that. I love learning new technology. I'm not as good as I would like to be, but I actually like it. I will tell you I don't think this affects Golden's as much, but it's my PSA for the day. My biggest problem with social media, and it just gets more with with TikTok and all the different social media platforms. Young people today do not They first of all, spend too much time in technology. They're just glued to their phones. But they also think that everything they see on well that it's that it's everyone's complete life. And I always say, back when I was an educational consultant, the world that we see that people post on Instagram, on TikTok, on any social media is the lives they want. It's the lives they want to portray that they're living that kind of life twenty four to seven, and they're not. And so I think that is a problem, which it.
Speaker 1: Is part of the new age, if you will. Because me being in hairdressing and I used to give out a free makeover, color cut, a whole new look makeup, and that would sell me. People would say, who did.
Speaker 2: Now you could just do it, you could just google it how to do it.
Speaker 1: Well, no, because now you have to advertise for yourself, your bolliage. You got to take pictures of every client. I worked on a thirty minute book. And then when you're taking pictures, unless you hire a photographer to come into salon with you, you have to sell yourself out there on social media for hair just because.
Speaker 2: But see, in some ways, I think that's great. It's I mean, there's two sides of it. The good side of the coin is the tech boom has made its connection. It's made connection to careers, to jobs, to people to opportunities so much more prevalent. And that's fabulous. I love that part of it. I don't like the part that people spend too much time, including Golden's, on technology and not development.
Speaker 1: We take so much time sometimes because it takes us a long time to figure it out.
Speaker 2: Kauz, Yeah, well, yeah, I'm better than most. I actually though, could you give up your phone? Could you give up no physiastic chat GBT to write our next letter for I'm going to get you off that.
Speaker 1: I love that, I love it all right. We can just talk about this for hours, you know that, right always? And that was fun And I wanted to thank all of our listeners for joining us today. We really enjoy talking with you, sharing our ideas with you, and love when you tell us things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we we really enjoyed. Be sure to follow us Batchelor Happy Hour. We have new episodes coming out every week. You don't want to miss even one.
Speaker 1: Not at well, and make sure you submit your questions to us, and you remember how to do that. Go to bachelornation dot com, slash Golden Hour, or dm us on Instagram at Bachelor Happy Hour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, please do that. Take a minute to use your technology to reach out to us. That's what we want. But in the meantime, listen to Bachelor Happy Hours Golden Hour on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you listen to your podcasts. Until next time, have a great week.
Speaker 1: Thank you,