Speaker 1: What's up MTV Jesse. Check me out on the Bootleg keV podcast.
Speaker 2: All Right, Bootleg CAV podcast. Man special guest here, welcoming back my guy Jesse aka MTV Jesse aka Bloody Sunday Jesse Sunday, et cetera, On and on and on. You're looking like a like you lost like a whole one of yourselves with this weight loss and this transformation. You look good man, Thanks man? Uh, how because obviously a couple of years ago you had kind of like dived in on like just like redirecting your life in terms of like getting clean off of alcohol because you were you know, you had to you recognize you had some sort of problem with alcohol, however severe and not severe it might have been. Yeah, it feels like you've dived all the way in on like kind of a lifestyle change in terms of fitness, and I always see you sparring and you're just always sweating and uh, you know, shirtless sweating and shirtless. But well, first of all, obviously what sparked that and how long has the journey been for you where you really like are very consistent because it's you could start most people start and stop starting to stop start and to stop. Yeah, the consistency is important that I.
Speaker 1: Think that was the big changes because I was that guy. I mean, I've lost thirty to fifty pounds like ten times in my life, right, and I fucking got sick at tired of being that guy.
Speaker 2: Likewise, yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And it's fucking annoying. I mean even just this last week that went by, I like I went on the scale after like my dad was down and like whatever, and I'm like seven pounds heavier, and I just thought cold stop. I was like, yo, you're not that guy, Like you're not bouncing back to being like fuck yeah, because you can into it dude so quick. Yeah, and uh. And I think it's when you stop. Say like for me, I weigh myself every Monday, and I'm like it's the second You're like, nah, I know I'm heavier this week, so I'm gonna weigh myself next Monday. I think that's told yourself, go weigh yourself, look at it, write it down, and then be like get back like.
Speaker 2: And also weigh yourself at night, because if you weigh yourself.
Speaker 1: In the morn, that I can't do I do I'd naked you're naked.
Speaker 2: I take as many and you're naked. You're like, I don't know why it is if you weigh yourself, like right when you wake up, you weigh way less. Oh yeah, that's crazy. You look even better. I know you'll be like, damn, like my food processed. I'm I don't have a I don't have a food baby right now.
Speaker 1: I even make sure after my shower, I'm like fully dry. Yeah I can have wet hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's a little extra weight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, damn, I shave my pubes.
Speaker 2: I fucking listen, it all counts. My pubes are going down there. Do you shave your pubes over the toilet or in a trash bag?
Speaker 1: Let me think it's been a minute. Actually because I was a joke.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean I got to take over a toilet. You gotta do over the toilet. Yeah, you don't want to be the guy shaving your pubes over the trash and then like, yeah, wait I have a wife, Yeah over the toilet.
Speaker 1: Someone does it over the trash. I don't like I've ever done that.
Speaker 2: I think I think some people have done that. Actually, yes, my co host little brother did that. They share a place on my radio show, and he talked about how his little brother shaved his pubes and it was all over the side of the trash can.
Speaker 1: And you got to clean up after too, because it's always around the toilet.
Speaker 2: See you gotta do you gotta do it paper towel yea, yeah, it's almost like a paper towel is more stickier than you imagine when you're cleaning pubes off of a toilet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it grabs them.
Speaker 2: It grabs them, man, it does. No, It's it's dope to see everything going on with you.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Obviously, the last time you were on the show was not too far after we launched the show. I mean it's maybe like four or five months after we launched the podcast. Been a minute, man, it's been a minute. That was like kind of right after you not right after you had left out, but I guess you had kind of broke in your silence. It was right after you dropped the first YouTube video, kind of talking of the new direction of content that you were doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I don't think i've I sold the company at that point though.
Speaker 2: No you didn't. It was like, no, that's that is correct, because shortly after that we had me and you had started clapping on some pranks.
Speaker 1: We had some of the best due some of the best best episodes we ever did.
Speaker 2: Was I get stopped all the time, and they're always like, dude, the prank with the guy who who wrapped like a bear, and and and a coyfish and and Simba my voice, you know, Simba, who's huge. You know at the time he was on the come up. He still was on the come up, but he's a lot bigger than he was then. He even brings that shit up to me, He'll be like, dude, that shit was crazy. Like people still ask me about, like about that whole situation. Really there was a snow the product one we did that for whatever reason, that was with Steve, right, it was with Steve, and for whatever reason, the like real version of that prank did not drop.
Speaker 1: I think, I don't know it's because it was I think it was like we shot it as a milk video.
Speaker 2: Well that's what I was gonna say. I don't know, you guys had shot something, and I think that at that time that was like a situation where Steve was in it, and I think they they the real footage of that was supposed to possibly come out on milk. But we had like a kind of a diet version.
Speaker 1: Oh I think I know what happened. That was around because like me and Kyle were kind of shooting our own things. Anyways, it wasn't very public, but like, yeah, so the idea was towing cars as a prank, and so I went to you and we shot that. We brought Steve and we had a segment we were gonna do for the video. But I think they got sued or someone got I think like the team got arrested for this rank. I think that, and then that's they couldn't upload the footage or so or they couldn't finish.
Speaker 2: So there's like really dope footage of this snow the product prank that we'll never see the light of day. But it was really good.
Speaker 1: Got it on some drives.
Speaker 2: Probably she had like her jeep was hooked onto a tow truck and she was trying to back out on the wheels were spinning and she's like freaking out. She has her girlfriend in the car, and I think Steve was just saying the cross. It was hilarious. It was so funny. He was like talking about like, well, yeah, I know girls can't drive. I mean you're a woman. Oh that's what it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was it was peak peak Steve will do it and we can't let you drive because you're a woman.
Speaker 2: It was good man, That's what I was gonna say. Man. Recently, obviously, it was so awesome to see. Obviously the longer way, everybody ever since the Full Sin podcast launch was waiting on you to go on there. So it was dope to see you guys chat and kind of talk about the good old days and some of the early pranks that you guys had and then they kind of.
Speaker 1: You gave it a listen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I watched the whole thing. Yeah, I think that they had dropped. And then I watched the New York one where you guys were security guards. Oh yeah, yeah, very It just was like nostalgic.
Speaker 1: I get a lot of people have hit me up since that video and been like, yeah, it was like the perfect nostalgic thing to do together that like brought back like a lot of people. I think they they got brought in a note because of that Coachella video we did, so it was like their like first fucking thing they seen. So they were just stoked to see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just like, I think that that's what I miss you guys. I just missed that kind of content because it doesn't really exist anymore, and I don't think I was focused on making that kind of shit anymore. And so it was just dope to see, you know what I mean, off each other. Yeah, and he just you know, like I, I just think some of you guys's branks were just some of the best shit, Like you guys would really like you know, whether it's you and uh, Steve. Obviously Steve's face, I don't even think it's shown anyonere on YouTube from whatever, right.
Speaker 1: Not even his hand. Man, it's fucking sad. Apparently I heard that. Yeah, it was something doing a podcast with him or something. Then he'd be off camera and like or that's what it was. I think he did the Donald Trump one or something happened and his hand was in it and they were like flagging it and it was like, what, it's fucking bonkers, dude, that poor guy.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I really feel bad for him because like sweet dude, dude, and he was doing so much like look, he was doing some like pushing the limit type ship, but he also was giving away so much money to like random families, like I remember he had that random lady he was taking on the road with him everywhere, the black chick, like I always thought, I mean, I'm miss him on YouTube. I haven't checked him out on Rumble to see if the pranks or the videos are still of of the quality that they were.
Speaker 1: But yeah, when you're deep platformed, it's hard to I don't know, Like, yeah, I think it was because it was like audio, but then they were always not in it and then they said no, like I think they used like his hand. I could be fucking wrong, but I remember hearing that somewhere, but.
Speaker 2: Well, how how good did it feel for you to kind of give the fans some transparency? You know? And and so good?
Speaker 1: I bet right fucking because there was a long time coming. I remember we shot a video on the Sunday channel, like driving up to the house to go do it. Yeah, and uh they were just like flogging me, like the team, and I said this like thing, and it's so true. I was like, I'm so glad that this is the fucking full Sun podcast that we're gonna do where we're like we're cool and we're like like we're in good terms, me and Kyle, and like not that we're we were in bad terms, but like it was definitely we went through.
Speaker 2: It was awkar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a fucking thing, and I didn't want it to be some fucking mess on the internet. Like you see a lot of people who are in this social media game and it's like they almost ride it as like all I don't want.
Speaker 2: To we could use this reviews yeaheah.
Speaker 1: And neither of us, like even him, like we both were like this is some business shit. We're gonna figure this out. And then I don't know, we did and now we're cool. It's like, I mean, I think it's a mix of like reconnecting with him personally for me, but reconnecting with the whole team, shooting a prank again, doing the podcast, being able to like actually say how it is to all my audience and their audience and our old fans, and like, dude, it just feels like it literally felt like a weight off my back because, like you know, it's like drinking and lifestyle and friends and everything that I fixed in my life, there was like that one thing that I was like needing to knock off the fucking list, right, it just feels like it's done now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think it's cool too because now you guys can like I feel like you guys were purposely kind of like you know. I think think Kyle did a good job of not speaking too much on it, and I think even I had heard in an interviewer somewhere he had said, I don't really want to dive into it until Yeah. I talked with Jesse on the podcast That's the fans deserve that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I think it was that Money by his Happiness podcast. He like, yes, I watched that and I was like, oh, fuck, I guess this is where it's all coming out. And then he was just like he's always just been respectful that yeah, And I'm like, that's why I've treated in the same way. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's dope just to see that, man, And like you said, the fans get a little closer because you got share fans. I mean obviously you are and I think an now boys, I think of you and him, That's what I think of and Steve, you know, to an extent of Sulim, you know. But it's dope man for you though, Like have you gotten the itch? To like kind of you know, maybe pop in our video here and there, you.
Speaker 1: Know, like yeah, the so Kyle hit me up and was like after we shot that, obviously, like the fans were cool with it, like everyone everyone liked it, and he was just like, dude, I'm just gonna let you know every time we're shooting a video what we're doing.
Speaker 2: Like and if you want to get down, yeah, pop.
Speaker 1: Into whatever you want. So yeah, that's that's. I haven't shot anything else right since that. But because obviously I'm I'm like, we're pretty locked into a fucking schedule of what I'm building. The new clothes.
Speaker 2: Brand so many things. I don't even call it a clothing brand, It's just a brand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get a lot of things on Xbox.
Speaker 2: That shit was sexy, super crazy Yeah, yeah, crazyest Xbox I've ever seen this ship. Would you guys have to take it apart, paint it or did somebody do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I had to go through like a middleman company to buy the Xboxes and then and then they did it, designed them ourselves, and then we got them to like like do it to them. But we're doing the same thing with uhcause we have a nineties drop coming out, and we're doing ten game Boy colors. Oh so it's kind of sick like game Boy color, but in our color.
Speaker 2: That's great. Yeah. So for you now you just kind of have the option whenever you want to film, Hey, yeah, I want to do the Bigfoot thing or yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Which is like I never didn't want to do pranks. That's why I did Shipthold.
Speaker 2: When you were doing Shithole, you did some great ship. Like you had the old man that I just saw at a random restaurant in the valley oh Eaton Park and Burbank. I was there at my parents and I saw that old dude who was like, oh Grams, Yeah, yeah, Gramps. And I was just like, that's the dude. Well he's like a straight up actor. Yeah, tons of shit. Yeah, great fucking actor. But yeah, no I saw him. I was like, that's the fucking old man from the fucking uh the Jesse videos. Yeah. I mean Shithole was dope. I mean for you at the moment documenting kind of the new what Sunday is, right, the brand You've been putting so much into, so much work into I told you off camera, I was like, it's crazy because I kind of feel like I've just been watching this thing since like incubation just come alive on YouTube, and now you're obviously having success. You had the pop up shop. Yeah, it feels like everything's just flying. I mean, you know, you drop and it sells out. Yeah, and for you, like, I guess what is your You have so much going on. You train, you're working out, you got the brand, you're shooting vlogs, content, all of that. What is kind of like you're like most of your energy going into because you also eventually want to kind of help do stuff for other brands.
Speaker 1: Right yeah, we're currently already doing that right now.
Speaker 2: Oh dope.
Speaker 1: Just we we slowed down at the start, like the like you were saying, you seem like it feels like you like know Sunday from the start, you can feel how the whole operation works. We got like I've said this before, but like that's why we got so much hate on it because it was like we were so transparent that we like didn't even know what the fucking company was. Like we were figuring it out and people were seeing us figure it out, which again I think long term is paying off because now people are like whoa, now now I understand all the moving parts. But yeah, the only thing with the working for other people and designing their shit is it is super complicated unless if you do if you do six out of ten things for that company and they commission you to do that, but then they fuck up the other four and it doesn't sell or it doesn't work, Yeah, and they want to blame you for not working and you're like, well, you didn't not a market, or you didn't know how to you know, whatever it was, whatever it is. Yeah, So I think the key is coming in and in the future it'll be like venture studio absorbing companies, like taking half the company small that we believe.
Speaker 2: In, right, so that we can help build them up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we could do everything for them.
Speaker 2: But like if you kind of become a partner and you make it vertical mm hmm, fully vertical and.
Speaker 1: Don't do too many of them, just like true, yeah, it don't take on too much because then you're gonna, i mean, everythink it's watered down if you're gonna do that.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Yoh, it's crazy because I remember the way you were talking about like the blank and how important it was to find the right blank yeah, and like what like did you guys have to because there's so many blanks out there, there's like Los Angeles apparel and uh is that like a peril of the big thick one that I like plaus suos Yeah, but like for you Gilden yeah yeah right, so like how did you find the blank or did you create the blank? Create?
Speaker 1: Everything's created? So everything we sell is completely custom, but it's uh, I would say it it's a Frankenstein of a bunch of different shirts. So like for that T shirt, it was like it has a little bit of an acne studios blank it Like that's where the boxy fit came. The fabric was like some shirts that we liked, but it was also came down to just Tyler, who's part of our sourcing team. He just he knows every single fabric we go feel fabrics, Like we sampled that shirt like twelve times, so it just kept frankensteining until we were like, this is the perfect shirt at a perfect price point, and.
Speaker 2: Do you go to China to feel fabrics? Just curious?
Speaker 1: I haven't yet. No, he is our like connection to that.
Speaker 2: He's the guy who's got the Chinese plugs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we're also doing a lot of shit domestically too. We're trying to as much as we can.
Speaker 2: I mean that's dope. Yeah, if you don't have to outsource it, you can support some American companies. Why wouldn't you or North American companies can shout out to Canada. Yeah, we're all in this together and not. So it's just dope to see man for you, Like, have you felt Because I can only imagine when you're a part of something so big like you were, and you voluntarily walk away while trying to build your own shit, there has to be some time, whether it's subconscious or not. And I don't really take you as a type of person like second guess yourself, but you can't help but be like a normal human being who goes to normal human emotions. Was there ever any point in time where you, you know, either one second guest leaving Nelk or two, did you feel like it was just a really hard, uphill battle to try to get over it? Kind of being Jesse from the Milk Boys as opposed to being Jesse from Shithold Jesse from Sunday.
Speaker 1: Like, Yeah, I mean it's kind of two big parts obviously it was like such a long thing to do, so it wasn't I did have I obviously had the feeling of like should I do this? Should I not? Because it went on for two years, you know what I mean? So why it did happen?
Speaker 2: And while that break happened, this Happy Dad thing is going fucking bonkers. Yeah, and you owned a piece of happy Dad, right, yeah, yeah, so you're you're obviously, I mean, Happy Dad is fucking everywhere. It almost feels like it's like bigger than anything now that those days are a part of. So I can only imagine, like like you said, like you're you're kind of like damn, like like I think that's just a human nature thing to just be like I mean, not to say necessarily second guessing yourself, but definitely like kind of assessing what's going on, Like did I make the right move? And obviously you're in the middle of negotiating a buyout, I'm assuming yeah.
Speaker 1: And I don't know how much I can talk on it, but that like Happy Dad full send. Now, everything that was happening in that time, everything was being negotiated, So it was like there was a point where it was like is this like leaving everything or is this leaving some or what does this steel look like? And fucking So that's why it was so big, right, Happy Dad. It's massive, It's like and I think, yeah, walking around walking away with Happy Dad is massive and secure for me.
Speaker 2: So wait, do you still own a piece of Happy Dad? Yeah? Yeah at home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're we're sleeping good now, we're good.
Speaker 2: So well, I know who to ask to borrow money for any sort of clothing venture or adventure in general, or if I want to go get tugged off somewhere Jesse, you got it. But that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Here there's a podcast clip of me talking about that already, where I like said about I don't know it like went viral as just like you know, viral a couple of million views, but of me talking about how I sold the company but I kept Happy Dad and it was so funny how that was connected to so many people that I could tell saw that and called me and started pitching me all their ventures and I'm like, I'm not that.
Speaker 2: Rich, bro. Like also like dude, fuck off. Yeah, Like I know you saw the YouTube short and all, but like, you know, go fuck yourself, like everyone wants to go for lunch. All of a sudden, you're like, are you pretty like involved or you just kind of.
Speaker 1: Not completely disconnected? Just just check Yeah, shout to you man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny that you're you don't drink anymore, but you own one of the biggest Seltzer brands in the world.
Speaker 1: It's wild. And then I've never tried it. That's fuckingmore wild.
Speaker 2: Yo, I know da wild wild because you had already left because I remember watching them going through the tasting and you weren't there. Yeah, wow, I know, sick.
Speaker 1: That's so fucking weird. Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Like I I owned some I've never tried, so you're like, Yo, that's crazy. Have you had any and you know, like I think that you spoke about it. I don't think you ever were like the type of alcoholic in which like my uncle or some of my family members are where like you're like physically dependent on alcohol to get through your day and if you were to get off of it, you go through withdraws and maybe end in the hospital. But you were drinking a lot, you were partying a lot. It was your lifestyle. Have you gotten to any sort of point where you were vulnerable where you thought about having a drink at all?
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely not, but not in a negative way more right.
Speaker 2: Now, That's why I didn't want to like people to think you're like relapsing, because I don't think that, Like I don't look at you as like the guy who's like, I'm sober three years bro, Like I got my chip, I'm going to meetings.
Speaker 1: I don't even say sober anymore because there's also like a drink. I just don't drink. Yeah, And and honestly, I literally only did it because my mom said to me one time. She was like, you don't want to be the guy that can't have a beer. And I knew that it was more of a lifestyle change. I just had to get out of that lifestyle where that was a part of my fucking job every day. And I think that I've accomplished that and I feel healthier and all the shit. So it's been crossing my mind, just like how long it's it's weird. It's like it's such a streak now that it's like weird to break that seal. And to be honest, I'm a little worried about how it'll make me feel, like because the last time I had like a couple of drinks I like made my head all fucked up, I fucking I don't know, it screwed me up so like the very last time I drank, So I don't know. It actually like scares me a bit to have a drink. But maybe that's good.
Speaker 2: Do you miss like beer the most? Honestly?
Speaker 1: Maybe a cold beer, but maybe it's just like going over for dinner and yeah, having a glass of wine feeling a little loose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a little like social drink, you know, miss so Yeah, yeah, that makes sense. I guess if you were going to break the streak, you should break it for the company that you're partner earth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, definitely have a happy dad. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: The best flavor, by the way, fruit punch, and I don't even think it's close. I think it's fruit punch, and then I think it's the death Road grape. I heard a lot was saying that grape one's great, and then it's probably I'm not gonna lie the first like pack that dropped. I think I only liked one of them. Really, I think I only like, I haven't had the banana one, but I do love fruit punch is fire really yeah, fruit punch. If you're gonna break the streak, you gotta go fruit punch.
Speaker 1: I gotta send you a case here, man, I don't know you drink it. Oh yeah, yeah, we'll get you something.
Speaker 2: You know. I opened a nightclub in scott Stale and uh really carry Happy Dad.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll check it out. Yeah, it's a hip hop club, obviously, it's it's it's not like the Scott Steel spots you guys usually go to that have Happy Dad. But we are cracking. We just had the baby, we just had sexy Red. We just I mean, it's it's lit. But we do have Happy Dad. We carry Happy Dad. So I've tried them all, but I think we keep the grape in stock, the grape and fruit punch.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, yeah, I wonder how many fucking stores and clubs.
Speaker 2: And it's crazy because it's everywhere, because I mean, I'm sure as you know, like when you guys, I mean you were necessarily heavily involved, but you know, it is your company part of it. And when Happy Dad first dropped, it was like a real mission to find it. Like if you found I remember the liquor store would be like dude, we can't. Like we'd get like twenty cases in and they sell like right away to like one guy. Yeah, And it was like, what the fuck.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that was all designed by Kyle. Like that's where he's a genius, Like he just created the demand right away. Yeah, made it limitless. It's almost like a drop style alcohol.
Speaker 2: That's what they were doing, where it'd be like, hey, this location in Orange County is.
Speaker 1: Getting thousand kids outside of there. My kids, but twenty.
Speaker 2: One year olds. Man, twenty one year olds.
Speaker 1: Of course, I'm gonna have to be annoying and take up piss.
Speaker 2: Take a piss, more to take a piss. Sorry about that, man, Oh you're good yo?
Speaker 1: What up?
Speaker 2: Guys, We got to stop the interview to tell you about our folks at my bookie. It's winning season right now. NFL We're in the thick of it. I've been doing really good on my NFL bets, by the way, Plus NBA officially back, we got playoff baseball.
Speaker 4: It's going crazy.
Speaker 2: Especially if you like to throw down somebody money and do a little gambling, you gotta head over to my bookie. This was dope about my book. It doesn't matter if your team sucks. My team, the Cardinals, they're trash. Don't matter. I'm still winning on Sundays. Baby, all right?
Speaker 4: At my bookie, all right, you can use my bookie.
Speaker 2: For your daily odd boosts, same game parlays, and take advantage of the crazy huge prize pool contest plus. Right now, my bookie has a no strings attached, that's the important thing. No strings attached cash bonus that let you deposit and withdraw quick. That's free cash, no strings attached, deposit, take it out and then go bout your day.
Speaker 4: Or get in on some of this NFL and NBA action.
Speaker 2: Baby, all right, just use the promo code Bootleg when you sign up. Go to MyBookie dot ag, use the promo code Bootleg on your first deposit and you'll receive up to two hundred dollars in cash. What are we talking about? No strings attached? What my bookie? Use the promo code Bootleg, all right? Maybe you want to gamble on some NFL. Maybe I want to get in on some of this early NBA action. Maybe you want to get in on some of this playoff baseball. It's really on you. Use the promo code Bootleg and receive up to two hundred dollars in cash. That's right. Try my bookie right now, use that promo code Bootleg and you can grab How about this, man, there's some crazy odds going on and I like this one because what you can do is you can throw down on a potential Super Bowl front runner and uh plus thirty eight thousand on the Eagles and Chiefs on the super Bowl plus thirty eight thousand. If you put one hundred dollars, you win thirty eight thousand dollars. You're not gonna get those odds anywhere, my bookie dot ag. Use the promo code Bootleg right now. Bet anything anytime, anywhere, only with my bookie. Plus, we gotta give a big shout out to our family at King Pom Man. We love King Palm over here on the Bootleg podcast. This was great about King Pom. First of all, it's all about that organic, no tobacco leaf. This thing right here is a boy. Look at that. Sure that's just the leaf right there, King Palm. They got everything you need, man. They got these cones with the squeezing pop turpens in them, the flavors. This right here is the dragon fruit. We got the grape HD, the watermelon wave, so many flavors. What's job about King Palm? If you're in whatever city you're in, you could find King Palm at your local smoke shop, your local seven eleven. All right, I'm telling you King Palm, You're not gonna ever ever experience a more cleaner, more natural, more just great way to smoke. Which you're smoking, all right. You stuffed one of these boys up with some flour and you just you're off to the races. I'm telling you. You hit the tip, you get hit with that flavor, and man, it's nothing like it. The squeezing pop on King Palm is insane, all right. And they got all sized cones, all right, So go to King Palm Man, organic tobacco free leafs of all sizes like this is a this is this is Look, look we're talking about all sizes here. What are we talking about? What are we talking about here? Boys? All right? Go to Kingpom dot com right now. You go order whatever you want. Man, they got accessories, they got trays, they got grinders, they got ash trays, they got damn all kinds of flavors of their leafs. Everything fifty percent off when you use the promo code Bootleg that's fifty percent off. Order whatever you want at Kingpom dot com. Let's get back to the interview. All right, we're back. All right, my bad has commenced. This has commenced. Yeah, I think, like I think we were talking a little bit just kind of about like the process. Obviously shout out to happy dad. If you were to have a drink, could we establish that it would be a happy dad? You gotta try your own shit. How Like I always wonder when you own a company like that, because like I'm part owner of a nightclub, I have certain like ways I get paid out. Do you get paid out quarterly? Do you get paid out yearly? Is it bi annually?
Speaker 1: Like I think it's uh yearly, but it's mostly I don't even know how that all. Fuck I even dove into it too much, But it's more of just like that shit sells one day, fucking that's more.
Speaker 2: Which I'm sure it will. Yeah. Yeah, you know you're banking on the cell because the cell's got to be coming eventually, even if it's like not any time soon. Like it feels like like the goal if you're like an up and coming alcohol company is to get it super popping and then sell to like a book Hardy or like one of these big dogs down yeah Vanheuser Busch or something, and just cash the fuck out.
Speaker 1: I have a feeling that that was the motion. I don't want to speak for anyone, but I think they're seeing how well of a job they're doing it, and they're like, maybe this is a ten year plan. Maybe this is like they're gonna go for it. They're gonna try to be like yeah, Budweiser or like I get it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean or white white what's it? What's the other one like white claw? Yeah, what's yeah? I mean they're taking that market share for sure. For you, man, tell me like, uh, what are you? What are your relationships? Like, like how often do you talk with a guy like Steve these days?
Speaker 1: Pretty slim with Steve. He'll he'll text me or DM me like a sentence every once in a while, and then I'll be like like something just out out of the box, random, and then I'll hit him back and be like it's out, buddy, And then not.
Speaker 2: Like when he got like the platform, do you like feel inclined to like reach out like see if he's okay? Because I feel like, yeah, for sure, as someone with a YouTube channel and I see certain people's channels just getting demonetized or deleted, I would like, I don't even know what I would do, man, Like, yeah, it'd be heartbreaking.
Speaker 1: Well for him, it's like it's not even because of financial really, I think it's more just he loved Like, dude, he literally did love doing that, Like he loves doing shit for people and giving to people. And I think that the show that he was doing gave him a purpose to keep doing that. And I think he just loved being a YouTuber and a creator, like and I'm sure that that's that's a toll man. When someone takes that away from you, it fucking sucks. So I do feel for him, man, for sure.
Speaker 2: Man sucks. Talk to me about for you, like the Sunday thing? What is the what had it? Because there had to be a few names in the running for your new brand mm hmm. Give me kind of a few of the other names it almost made it? And why did you end up kind of landing on Sunday other names?
Speaker 1: I honestly don't think there was there comes.
Speaker 2: Than anything that that that you were like, you know what, let's put that on the whiteboard because I like it. Let's just put it down there just because I want to see it.
Speaker 1: Well, it starts with Bloody Sunday, Okay, I've had for a while. It's also got my own little personal meaning that I don't make public, but they like then it just it's kind of like when they I think it was like Facebook was called like the Facebook, and then they like slimmed it up. So like Bloody Sunday being the streetwear brand which started as shoes that I worked on for like five years, just and just as a hobby, I just wish like you.
Speaker 2: Had drop backpacks, like what yeah, a year and a half ago, there was.
Speaker 1: Like real high end like looking. I just I just like making shit. It's I was just making suit for the homies. But Sunday, it just it really hit me that one time with like I don't know if I've already explained this or if you know this already, but the whole idea of I like to look at life as like chapters a bit, and Sunday is like this chapter that I'm on, and it kind of felt like NELK was a Friday night, The vibe of a Friday night Saturday was full Send, like keep going, and then Sunday was like everything you just think and feel when you think of Sunday as like what we represent and what I represent and what I'm trying to build it into is just like that really like relaxing, but it's like a little like a tempo down, you know what I mean. But it's also like I don't know, I'm gonna butcher explaining this, but it's just I know, it's like I know what it means to me, and it just I know it makes sense.
Speaker 2: Well, you guys like really mastered somehow the culture that you created and turning it into like an EXCLUDI pusive brand that was kind of like a supreme if you will. When certain drops with like I think you guys would drop with full Send. Was it every month? Almost? Yeah, monthly, it was like a monthly drop. And I and like, I'm I'm assuming that you guys had opportunities to make it not so exclusive and ended up in atillies or a Zoomis or something. And I'm assuming you guys probably were smart enough to be like, no, we like what we're doing. It keeps our brand super exclusive. We don't want to hoard out for you, is that something you want to kind of carry over with Sunday like because it feels super exclusive, Like it's almost like this is going to get made and if you don't get it, you're never going to get it because it's not getting made ever. Again.
Speaker 1: That's that's the only business model I know for creating brands and what I'm good at. But I also I do I don't want to create something that's also like fifteen year old me can't be a part of because I missed the drop or it's too expensive. So I'm keeping that in mind, and that's where there's a lot of different lanes that we're building out that likes. That's why I think it's like so smart with Sunday being the catalog dropping in the color and then that that enters that piece into the catalog, Like now we can use that to design for years going forward. But the idea that that drops in the green and that Sunday and that's always the most limited, like it happened with our last drop. Every Sunday SKW sold out in like a minute under a minute, And I think that then Sunday can kind of become that that you know, special limited never happens again. Bloody Sunday can be just as special, but a little easier to get, a little easier to get and and then it's not like out yet. But I've been working in the background for I'm trying to make up another brand that's like a sister brand that's in the company, same culture, same designers, everything, but it isn't h it's a little inexpensive. It's like and I'm working on it with possibly like Atillies or a Zoomi's and it's gonna be something, yeah, but it's a brand for it. It's called and it's we were literally because we were talking and we were like, what about can't afford this? What it was can't And we were like like the everyday kid that I was going sitting at the skate shop, and I'm like, I want to create a brand that's just as cool and you can feel a part of the party. But it's not about always just like selling out and limited and you know, high margins. It's just it's like everyday brand for but still as the culture of what we are, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like you you're very good at like creating a like that's why I said earlier. It's not that it's not a clothing brand, because you've always been really good at just kind of just having just shit, like if you want to fucking flag or you want.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 2: Just a lanyard, Yeah, like a lanyard, you know what I mean? Like it doesn't always have to be like hats and shirts and shit like no, it kind of.
Speaker 1: Like that's what fascinates me though, Like I love how.
Speaker 2: Find a new shit, Like what if we did our version of this?
Speaker 1: Like why can't we make our own mics? Why can't we make our How when you find out that, like how that shit's made? What is the minimum motor? Like what can you customize on this? That's why the Sunday brand's so fun because everything has to be in the color. So when you look at like a mic like this, like how wood steel, like then oh, if you want to change the steal, you got to hit ten thousand MOQ. It's like fucking I don't know. I find all that the logistics of it super interesting, damn, but I don't know if I answered anything, you know.
Speaker 2: No, that sounds great. No, I just I just feel like it's dope to kind of because like You've done such a good job of like building brands. You know, obviously I give you a lot of credit, and I have a lot of credit for the nelk shit, But I feel like just the clothing shit. I knew when you had initially quote unquote broken off from filming it was to focus on the clothing side and building out the merch more and shit. So I know that it's very you know.
Speaker 1: I think that's what flicked a bell for me, is when that happened. And because I got to remember that when I was a kid, that's where it all started. It was skateboarding, filming skateboarding and creating clothing, Like I was a kid sewing clothes under my locker, trying to make that work, and I just always loved it. And I think that just made me realize if at a point in my life I was unhappy, I'm like, this shit makes me happy. I want to like I could wake up every day and just work on like designing clothes and making products, and.
Speaker 2: No, I think the marketing of it, right, that's kind of like the everyone's dream. Can I wake up every day and do what makes me happy and get paid for it?
Speaker 1: And it's silly to be like financially secure and then not do that. That's where I like, that was my my tipping point of just like what am I doing?
Speaker 2: Like So one of my favorite parts of the Nelk era was when your dad Pat would be in the videos because I just think he's fucking sick. He just seems like a sick hang. I met him a couple of times. I met him when you were in the studio with CASKI yeah, how involved do you have him involved? And you said he was just hure for a few weeks. Is he involved with anything with the brand or is he just dad at this point?
Speaker 1: Like just just character? I think, like, for one, I mean I just bought a home, so it's been cool to have him down and like I'm trying to make a real effort of how important that's going to be, just being able to like work on my first house and it's a fixer upper, so just like great, I used to do that when I was a kid with him, and I know that.
Speaker 2: So he's like a contractor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, We're like he's like a hank. Yeah he'll, he'll, he'll. The Only problem with him is he's gonna find like the cheapest way to do everything shout out yep. That sounds like, man, I'm not trying to lose value on that home. So I'm like I'm trying to always push him. I'm like, nah, many is the right way, Dad, Yeah, the right way?
Speaker 2: Like things are good right now. We don't have to we don't have to cut corners.
Speaker 1: But I definitely am carrying over the character when it comes to like the Sunday Show and what we're doing. And I mean, I think we found that with nelk is just the the father's son comedy and his son being my dad being a father figure to like now everybody was what was so funny And also just like for those guys, like they've came to me and him numerous times when we were on those trips, and it was like, I don't know whether it was like some don't talk to their dad a lot or have a close relationship, it's just like it's good. I mean, I even get a lot of comments about that whenever they see like footage of me and my dad, and it's honestly, like, dude, it's like the saddest shit when someone says like I don't I never got that. I don't get to do that with my dad. So I look forward to those click watch those.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like you want to hit on my fucking heartstrings. That's like, dude, that's fucking I don't know. That makes me want to shoot more content with him if it's like.
Speaker 2: I love a man, especially when he's like as a fold up chair. He's in the.
Speaker 1: Garage anytime I try to produce his ship. Yeah, it's horrible when I just say.
Speaker 2: Do what you do. Here's you. You have to try to work your phone. It always works, huh yeah.
Speaker 1: And he'll just he just makes like a Peaky Blinders set. I don't know if you saw that one. Peaky Blinders is No one's even talking about it. It happened ten years ago.
Speaker 2: And he's over. It's over. I had a little research. It's going to hit Netflix, but yes, yeah, fair enough.
Speaker 1: But he watched it that week, so he's like Peaky Blinders set.
Speaker 2: It's crazy because I'm sure you probably have heard from fans of what you did. Prior you had to have heard from some people like did you inspire anybody to quit drinking at all? Yeah?
Speaker 1: That was especially near the start of it all. I was having people like come up to me and dude, like the saddest one when I was in Hermosa Beach and this it's not sad, it's just this shit always hits me. But like this mother came out to me and was, yeah, same whole story, just like her son was relapsing like a bunch and that he's been sober for X amount of months because of you and fuck him. It's just like and that's around the time where I was going through a lot of shit, and like you said, like, am I making the right decision? And I remember I just like that's all I needed. I was like, Yep, I'm doing the right thing right now, like anything when you're helping that one kid.
Speaker 2: Though, that's crazy, Like you said, not that there's any problem with drinking, but I do think that, like at the end of the day, it is it is a behavior that if you let it get out of hand, it will negatively affect your life. Yeah, it could. It could make you get a duy that you shouldn't have got. It could make you make a decision. I mean, everyone's one decision away from fucking their whole entire life up at any given time, right, So it's like that that your ability to make that fucked up decision is however, much more likely because you're intoxicated, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's like that's where the anxiety comes from, because it's the like, yeah, like I get it. I'm sober now, and I think it's just a tick that I've brought over. But it fucking the idea of oh, crashing my car or doing it like, it's just like one second, you could ruin your fucking life. And I just I think that if you are living that lifestyle, is nothing wrong with drinking, But if you're deep into it where you're fucking doing it every day, or you're blacking out a lot, dude, like you slip up once, it's.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, because when you like we've all had those knights or those friends where you black out drunk and you literally say, I don't know what happened last night. Imagine not knowing what happened the entire night and day prior because you were so fucked up you could have did anything.
Speaker 1: That was my problem. I was a blackout drunk like I never I don't know if I was really an alcoholic. I was a fucking just like I was a life for the party. So I if I was gonna drink, I would just drink.
Speaker 2: And how how it's it's it's interesting to just kind of see how the world has turned in the last three years in terms of like just everything. Obviously COVID was crazy, But you guys, I want to say the tail end of what before you had kind of stepped away was those early COVID videos, Yeah, which were great because if I curiously living in La watching you guys party and like the ozarks wherever the fuck you guys were, was sick. How like were those like, I mean, that had to be a stressful time to shoot because we don't know all the information. Everyone's freaking freaking the fuck out. I mean, I think fast forward to now, we probably have all come to the conclusion that everything's all right and if you get COVID, chance to so you'd be okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if your health it's probably a cold.
Speaker 2: Were fun, right, Yeah, But at that time, it's like peak hysteria, like early peak hysteria. Yeah, and you guys are hitting the road doing these just these weekend fucking just insane binges.
Speaker 1: What so so many lecture videos you can do, and like we were doing a lot of.
Speaker 2: Guys doing a lot of popping in on the zooms and yeah. Yeah, So so like what what was it like hitting the road during that time? Where was everyone freaked out, like worried about catching COVID or didn't.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I mean we had a massive team, so it was we were still taking Like I would love to know what we spent on just testing and like.
Speaker 2: Because everybody had to test.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were testing all the time.
Speaker 2: Early tests were expansive.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it was crazy.
Speaker 2: You couldn't go to Walgreens and get a test.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if we had to keep the company a flip going. It kind of reminds me of like UFC and that they did. They were like the one organization that was like, we're not going to just like say fuck the rules, but we're gonna like find a way to make this work because I'm running a company.
Speaker 2: WW did that too? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did they?
Speaker 2: Yeah? They had like a they had a It was kind of corny, like WrestleMania during the pandemic was like a ring surrounded by a bunch of screens of fans watching on zoom.
Speaker 1: Oh so it looked like real fans and.
Speaker 2: Kind of I mean, it just looked like thousands of people sitting in their chair on their webcam, so it kind of but there was no noise, so there's no crowd does or anything. Oh fuck, So it's like quiet people just hitting the mat and then you just see like people like react like a half a second late, you know, because like not everybody's got the best internet out there, and.
Speaker 1: That must have been weird for UFC when they were doing it in Vegas a lot. Yeah, Like imagine you're used to massive crowds reacting. It's just quiet quiet. You can hear the other coach, you can hear.
Speaker 2: It almost kind of feels like it could fuck your whole like oh yeah, if you're like used to fighting that like with the noise and shit, and it's just dead quiet, like and you could hear everything, like you could hear the commentators and shit.
Speaker 1: Like it's a little too I'm gonna say serious, but I mean spar wespire every Friday, and like you got tunes on, there's people Like it's like it's a vibe I couldn't imagine just dead quiet two people trying to kill each other.
Speaker 2: In what is are you doing? Jiu jitsu?
Speaker 1: Mostly just striking so kickboxing, boxing or just whatever, just yeah, muitai definitely, like it's like very useful style, but the I really want to start doing a little bit more ground game and just maybe even a day a week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my boy, So I train in the morning. I don't do jiu jitsu, but I trained. I work out with my guys do at a jiu jitsu gym. Oh nice, And so I just don't know if I could roll around with another grown man in some of those compromising positions.
Speaker 1: No one talks about how it's pretty gross too, Like you're covered in sweat and you're sweating, and there's staff infection, there's dude, that's all that's part of that culture.
Speaker 2: Ring worn yep.
Speaker 1: And someone comes in they got a band aid on their neck and you're like, oh cool, like yeah.
Speaker 2: And it's like you know, like uh, dudes will sweat in your mouth like unfortunately, it's like unavoidable.
Speaker 1: Well jiu jitsu gyms, it's normally like twenty dudes, ten people, you know, yes, like.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: They call it sparking the rolling yeah, and but then they'll go, okay, the switch partners. So now you're just like covered in sweat, on a sweaty.
Speaker 2: All, everyone's sweat is cross pollinated.
Speaker 1: It's by like special soap to like it's like, I forget what's called.
Speaker 2: But it's almost like you're you're very dependent on a lot of people to be taking care of their hygiene at a high level hundred percent, and the chances of that being the case are very slim. Yeah, because people are dirty as fuck.
Speaker 1: I recommend just finding your cool group of people that you love and training with them. Yeah, that's what I like.
Speaker 2: This morning, one of the guys who's the main coach is at it's a place called Legacy and Bourbank. He always comes in and talks shit to me because he says, I look like some fucking bald fighter. I don't know, and so I want to go back and talk shit to him. But he was rolling and he had this dude on top of him with his legs open, and I was just like, jeez, I couldn't do it. I couldn't do it, man. Yeah. Just I get the striking, I get the more tie the fighting, you know, but the jiu jitsu is just just a special kind of dedication.
Speaker 1: Isn't it weird that hobbies and sports have to feel cool for you to be interested, like in a weird way, Like I skated in my whole life, but I wonder if how much percent of that was because like skateboarding felt cool like it was.
Speaker 2: It was during that era. It was like it was the ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think that Tony strikings and boxing feels cool, like I don't.
Speaker 2: It's a cool thing right now for sure. I feel like and that you're right, Like I kind of feel like mma. Like even my kid who just turned eighteen, asked me, he's like he's a big UFC fan. He was just like, hey, you know, can you see how much of a cost to put me in? Because he plays basketball and stuff, but he wants to do jiu jitsu. Yeah, And I was like, you know, it's it's pretty gnarly. I mean, I'm all for it because I know it. You know, with any sort of martial arts, there's a certain level of discipline that comes with it and camaraderie and it's good for you, you know, for you, Like you don't necessarily like do you do you have like a I wouldn't say a Sinsey, but do you have a like do you train like to like level up in belts or you just kind of doing it strictly as like a passive hobby, like we spar we hang out, like I worked, I have a.
Speaker 1: Coach and stuff. But it's yeah, there's no belts in what I'm doing or anything. But uh yeah, there's no real goal. I just love it. I'm only two years in.
Speaker 2: But yeah, are you skating more or yeah? Trying to?
Speaker 1: I took a little break there and I'm I'm I'm trying to make like a at least like two days a week. I mean, I have a fucking ramp at my warehouse and use it, you know.
Speaker 2: Like, dude, I don't know if you've been to a Zoomies recently, but I went and they have the fucking O g O Cyruses in there. Oh, the big Chunky Ones, Big Chunky O Cyrus is the D three is there in there, and they have like.
Speaker 1: And they're making a comeback all like the ES shoes like they have like yeah, Musca just dropped on with I'm like.
Speaker 2: Yo, this is the same fucking like they're just red. It's almost like vintage Jordan's. Yeah, Like they're retroing all these skate shoes from like when I was in high school and in middle school. And it's just crazy to see because even some of the like Balinciaga's, which I think are fucking gross, but even like some of those high end brands, they're just stealing. Like what these skate brands are doing in the fucking late nineties early two.
Speaker 1: Thousand, Well, I think it's dumb on there. Like I've seen all the designer brands drop their twelve hundred dollars basically Osiris y d threes, but like they don't if they think they're gonna grab the poorer skate culture market by doing that, those guys are like no, Like I don't know, I think it's just a dumb It's like maybe the people that want to bite on that skate culture will wear them, but no skaters buying an eleven hundred dollars pair of knockoff heavy they're like bricks too. I've tried putting them on and they're fucking.
Speaker 2: Like they're almost like, so what am I supposed to do with these?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, no, shoes are weird when you get into high end, like they actually become uncomfortable. They're fucking I don't know, like they they still like these I wear these a lot. These are Saint Lauren, but they're the simplest like designer show I could find. That feels like a nice Vans.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they still scuffed the same that I would rather have a brand new pair of Vans every month than having one of these scuffed up in a month for a year, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Sure, I haven't yet. I don't have any designer shoes. I only have Jordan's and Dunks and Vans stay that way.
Speaker 1: I've tried to dabble on them when I was building that, like I was making my own shoe, and I just I bought every single pair.
Speaker 2: You know what's crazy is how how truly impossible it feels to start a new shoe company. Oh it's almost like an impenetratable market that it's like almost impossible to get a market share to make it worth all of the while and all of the overhead, because shoes are not like there's T shirt brands that print to order, right, Yeah, you can't do that with a shoe. Yeah, so, no matter what, you're sitting on a size run. Yeah. So, And I've seen friends of mine who have started independent shoe companies that are fucking awful and they just eat shit on it because it's like, dude, you had to print out how you had to get it hovery many pairs of these shoes made.
Speaker 1: Dude, I know everything about this. It's there's a reason why there's like six companies controlling the whole market. It's fucking like a mold is five to fifteen thousand dollars per size. So you go in and you got thirteen sizes, you got half sizes, Like you do the math, Like if you don't have half a million dollars, you're not even in the game to even like try and then where if they don't hit, like it's the whole thing. So but we've like there's nothing really public about what we were doing, but dude, we've like we're almost going, uh, it's nothing visually looking like a Croc, but the Croc business model is kind of what we're we're seeing something. There's something there we're trying to make like the next like what in ten years will be the next fans or Air Force one, the simple everyday man.
Speaker 2: Well, I was gonna say it's funny because like any of the new shoes that have spiked up have been Have you seen those like bubble slides? Oh yeah, super cheap on Amazon. My kid has like nine pairs of them because he sees them on YouTube and TikTok. And so that's the most inexpensive basic. Same thing with the croc like it's inexpensive basic. If like if you're going to try to compete with like Jordan, like, good luck. Yeah, you know what I mean. It's just it's not gonna be easy. Yo. We got to stop the interview again and tell you about our folks at odd Socks. Baby, that's right. Shot to odds Socks man, the most comfortable socks in the world. They've been riding with us since day one. And let me tell you something, man, Christmas time is really sneaking up. Odd Socksofficial dot com. Use the promo code Bootleg save twenty percent off at checkout. They got the crazy licenses. Check out these Naruto socks. Fucking fire a little SpongeBob socks. You know what I'm saying. How about this?
Speaker 4: How about the how High movie socks?
Speaker 2: They got the WWE they got the motherfucking Cheetos, So you know what I'm saying. Shot to the motherfucking Cheeto socks. They just dropped their Monopoly line too. I'm waiting for them to send them to me, Ahmad, send me the Monopoly shit, buddy, all right. Also the odd socks basics, these are my favorites. They're just normal, just you know, the most comfortable socks you've ever put on your feet is really what they are. Get them black, white, red, fucking tied eye whatever you're into.
Speaker 4: And they got the underwear baby Little Reese's Boys.
Speaker 2: Let's go odd socksofficial dot com. Use the promo code Bootleg. They got south Park underwear too, all the licenses WWE, Scarface, Breaking Bad, South Park, Power Rangers, Monopoly, Coca Cola, they got it all. Use that promo code Bootleg and save twenty percent off at checkout. Also want to give a shout out to our sponsor. Much love to our good folks at blue Chew. That's right, we talk about it all the time on the podcast. When you go to blue choo dot com right now, you can get your first month for free. A lot of people ask, well, what is bluechoo and doesn't work? Well? Blue Choo it has the same active ingredient as Via and cialis. The only difference is you don't have to go to the doctor. It's all online. You go to bluetoo dot com. You get your shit handled over there, and then they get you handled by sending you a month for free when you use the promo code bootleg blue choo dot Com. Promo code bootleg. Try out blue chew. It'll have your uh, your dick harder than it's ever been. It's like triggonometry in high school, real hard. You know, if you're dealing with any sort of a rectile dysfunction, blue Choo will have your right. Like I said, same active ingredient as viagrant cialis, minus the awkward doctor's appointment. Everything is online. And if you're asking, well, I don't know, man, I just don't know. Try it out for free for a month. They'll send you a month supply for free right to your doorstep in discrete packaging, blue chewable form. It's in a little it's a little chewable man. You take that thing down and then you go to Poundtown. Take you shorty to Poundtown. Goddamn it. Blue choo dot Com. Use that promo code bootleg try for free for a month, let's get back to the interview.
Speaker 1: I think it's about simplicity for sure, price point, and yeah, a real ability too.
Speaker 2: Because people start new shoe companies and they try to do too much.
Speaker 1: That's what I was gonna bring up is everyone I know that starts their own shoe company does way too much and they try to be different, and then everyone just there. Even if they do pop, they're cool for a fucking month, and then no one cares and you're stuck with a bunch of molds. And it's like, I think you got to like simplify it, but be unique. Like what is actually missing in this in the shoe industry, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So any with any industry, I think people should ask themselves that question. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'm definitely gonna send you one of the samples coming because I want to see you. I need some opinions from all different cultures of shit.
Speaker 2: Let me know, man, I will I will, I will wear a twelve twelve. I'm a twelve, gotcha depends on if they're the Asian sizes, because if you ever get bootleg shoes, oh really, they got the Chinese size, the Chinese size.
Speaker 1: This is not this is an actual seventeen.
Speaker 2: No, No, they're smaller. Oh really yeah, Like if you get like a Chinese extra large, it's like a medium. Really yeah, I didn't know that. Yeah, it's crazy. It's like if you're like a fat fuck yeah and you want to wear fake Gucci, good luck you're they're not. They don't They're not making Chinese five XL.
Speaker 1: So if you see a fat person wearing Gucci.
Speaker 2: School, you know, and you're like, they didn't make that shirt that big. They didn't make that shirt that big. That's another thing. I saw my boy glasses Blow and he was doing this interview and he's talking about Rick Ross, who's a big guy, and he was like, and this is before Rick Ross lost all his weight. But he pointed out, he was like, fam, everyone's wearing fake shit glue. We don't even make the shirt in the size Rick Ross wears. Like, they don't make it. They're not making it just for him. You're yeah, which is crazy. I was gonna say for you man, like talk about you know, I think it's important for people to find things that they can gravitate to that kind of you know, I guess double as a form of therapy, you know what I mean. Obviously you're you're you're sparring, you're doing your mma. Shit, you skate stuff that is obviously away from work because you're I'm sure you're a workaholic. I'm a workaholic. We both bust our ass like for you talk about the therapeutic like release that you get from like some of the hobbies that you've picked up, and you know, obviously we've seen.
Speaker 1: Probably, I mean, it's all of it. Fucking running is a big one, but I think sucks, dude, until you get into it. I fucking hated running. I hated runners. I thought the whole thing was so lame. I think I'm a skater. I'm short, I built like a cylinder block, Like you go do something fun.
Speaker 2: Why do you have Brooks shoes on? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And oh, speaking of that, my first like three months of getting into running, I wore Vans until my fucking knees and hips and everything started like random vans. Even right now, I think I'm running in a basketball shoe. I like, I don't know, I just like I.
Speaker 2: Know, people like to live.
Speaker 1: I can't wear a running shoe.
Speaker 2: You can't wear a running shoe.
Speaker 1: I'm not a running shoe guy.
Speaker 2: There's those like really fat shoes. Are they called hookahs or hookahs? Yeah?
Speaker 1: See, I bought a pair of those. I just felt goofy in them.
Speaker 2: They definitely look goofy. You you felt goofy because you looked goofy in them. Yeah, But the practicality of them is supposed to be you can run in them, and I do know fat people like my boy jelly Roll. Shout out my brother jelly Roll. Oh, he's the man that is one of his go to shoes really because they're very comfy.
Speaker 1: I think goes back to what I was saying with the sparring in box. It's like, I if I don't feel it's not about looking cool, but if I don't feel cool in what like like it's not even cool, it's not the right word, but just like yeah you like I remember I go skate and you put on like a dope out figure, Like I'm gonna feel cool and I have to fucking feel that when I'm going running too. It's like, I don't know, you.
Speaker 2: Guys should do a Apple watch band, a Sunday one. Yeah, I think so?
Speaker 1: Do they change because we stayed away from iPhone cases and shit for the reason.
Speaker 2: They they don't so no to get like no, not in the same way an iPhone changes. Okay, so like I bought this, these bands I think can fit like three generations of Oh nice now that the Apple watch bands are pretty pretty universal because they really only changed the are they changing it big time? No? Yeah, yeah, until you decide to do a Sunday one and then there.
Speaker 1: Where they make a little incision and then that goes into your risk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these things just slide in and out, but.
Speaker 1: You're man, take a photo of your wrist so that I remember it.
Speaker 2: Is a good idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'd be nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think the pantone and I love just yeah in a green what I should have popped any outfit? Yeah? Was there a color that you almost like? Was it always like greenish blue? Or was there ever like a peachy red or something that y'all fucked with?
Speaker 1: No, it was always green. It came from army men. Like when I was a kid, I always played with like toy army men, and that was like originally where I really liked it. And then I just also did a lot of research on has anyone coined a color like this? Because I really wanted people to see that color.
Speaker 2: Like, the only brand that I've ever seen do it is Cookies. You know Cookies, Yeah, Cookies has the Cookies blue. Yeah, okay, which they've done a really good job. Like if you go to a Cookie's dispensary, the building is blue. Yeah right, but it's like a specific, just unique blue. I'm assuming did you guys just throw paint together until you got the color or was it.
Speaker 1: Like it started digital, so everything was from graphic design, right, and then the first thing that it transferred to was fabric, So doing a cotton T shirt, which was fucking.
Speaker 2: Kind of don't know like how it's gonna like, look.
Speaker 1: When you one hundred percent, it's dude, like like there's you know, fifteen of these shopping bags at our placed, all in slightly different shades. It's everything's a battle until you figure it out. But then it's like, say you figure out cardboard or card stock. Now it's like for any other item that needs that, you've got packaging figured out.
Speaker 2: I figured out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we're kind of building like a Pantone book for our company, so it's easier.
Speaker 2: You mentioned buying your house fixer upper. Congratulations, thank you, since you obviously sold your part of Full Sand and Milk, what has been the most ignorant purchase you've made, And, if not ignorant, just the biggest outside of your home, because your home is obviously your home. That's that's a fucking nut for sure, dude.
Speaker 1: Literally nothing. I'm trying to think I have not gone crazy or you haven't bought The home was the thing. That's all I wanted. I wanted a home, and uh, I'm trying to think, I mean, everything is just I mean, I've got over a million invested into my company.
Speaker 2: Just reinvesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, I don't know. I don't really need a lot of shit. I got a truck, but I was still in the company when I got that. I don't old you g Wagon Chevy too, Yeah, I had a g Wagon.
Speaker 2: Hold the tax right off six pounds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was sick. I got a g waggon off of what's it called auctions?
Speaker 2: Oh really?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I got it for like ninety one grand, drove it for two years, got to experience the whole g wagon and you get to write it off right yeah yeah, and then sold it for a hunter k two years later.
Speaker 2: Made money on it, money to keep it. Hey, I got to Everybody always talks about it. It is one of those cards you grew up looking at you. Yeah, yeah, so you just got a big Chevy truck.
Speaker 1: Now yeah, got a C ten and then a Teslas and every day, how do you like the Tesla? I'm up and down on it. I mean, I think you got a Model X. I always get this wrong. I have the The doors don't go up. That's the why the model s not.
Speaker 2: I think. I hy, well, the X is the one where the doors go up. Okay, have the Y?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, have the Y because it's like stubbier. It's almost like SUV kind of you know.
Speaker 2: The X is like the actual SUV, but the doors pop open. The X is like the super expensive one.
Speaker 1: Yeah I don't have that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think I why I've been extremely on the fence about about it. Man, I got test drove one, and I'm like, this is cool. It's also very like it has to be weird to get used to driving that car because there's buttons instead like like the stuff you're used to, like convention.
Speaker 1: The breaking system, you is weird.
Speaker 2: It's just everything's just different, right, So it's like.
Speaker 1: But once you get used to it, it does become It's not even it's not in the realm of cars, it's just once you have one, every other car feels weird. It's like weird.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, because like even like saving money on gas, it's like, do you notice I mean you probably you're you're doing pretty well, But I think, like, do you think the everyday person notices that, like they don't have to fill up their tank, But but.
Speaker 1: Spaghetto fucking charger here. You just plug it in and every time you pull in.
Speaker 2: I say, but then if you go on a road trip, you gotta kind of.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I've had there's times where you're like, fuck this tesla. I've been stranded in Arizona and shit before it's like, because the thing is when that thing shuts off and runs out of juice.
Speaker 2: You've ran out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, I had. I had as worse as you can get where the point where it ran out and we it's you know, it's just got the hazards on. But it took so long for a truck to come. Yeah, Like even the backup little battery died, so now you can't even shut the windows. You can't even even if I got it, got it to a charger, and I couldn't even get it to start charging because you can't get the door open. It was like an eight hour thing. It was like I was like, why is this even a thing? Like why would they make it where this can happen?
Speaker 2: I would just be like, fuck this car. I'm getting a fucking I'm gonna drive my Chevy everywhere.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, every gas guzzling car you see going by, You're like, I fucking just wish I could.
Speaker 2: Just see that. You might have just sealed the deal for me.
Speaker 1: Every day la driving though, I will say it's nice.
Speaker 2: Driving around like and like plugging in a night. I'm sure it's fucking wonderful.
Speaker 1: Have another car for road trips and ship like that.
Speaker 2: Jesus man, that's crazy. I was gonna ask you there when you were with those guys, Steany wasn't around right.
Speaker 1: No, No, I think he was working for.
Speaker 2: Steve.
Speaker 1: No the he might have worked for Steve too at a certain point. God, why am I blanket on his name?
Speaker 2: Jesus the.
Speaker 1: He started the podcast with Kyle John.
Speaker 2: Is that his name?
Speaker 1: No? No, he was a host on the full sentence show. Oh Bob Menry Bob.
Speaker 2: That guy's a fucking sick ass dude. Yeah, he's hilarious. He's like, he's just like unstable, like he's a wild boy. Oh them, are you cold? Are you freezing? Usually you wouldn't complain of something was blowing on you. Hey, You're like, hey, bro, it's it's too cold in you. No, that's crazy. Yeah. So he was working for Bob initially? Yeah, did you did? You were able to kind of like I watching that podcast, by the way, made me realize he's not like a real like og like milk fan. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he didn't know too much.
Speaker 2: I was like, how do I know more about this ship than this kid? He works for him? At least I if I was working for or if I was a part of that podcast, I would I would be well versed. Yeah, I would have to go back and do my research. You know. But did you game him up at all? Because he gets a ton of hate, Like people genuinely don't gravitate towards him in a positive manner. Yeah, but I mean he was nice to me. No, he seems like a nice dude. But I'm saying, did you did you give him any advice. Did you guys have any like side talks, like, hey man, how are you liking this? Like because he is kind of like an unofficial milk Boy now or official however you want to look at it. Mm hmmm, he's part of the podcast. Yeah, I get confused, what's what at this point?
Speaker 1: Anymore? I didn't. I didn't have too much of a like deep talk with him, but we had a small talk and he was cool. But yeah, I don't even know if that's like I sometimes I don't know if it's like a persona he's playing and then people will come at him for that, or if it's like I think he I don't think it is. I think he's new to the game. That's what I think. That's all I can read. And it happened for him quick, yeah, And I think he's that going out.
Speaker 2: All got dumped on his plate very fast. And I think anytime that happens to anybody, no matter where you're at, it maybe be the music industry, entertainment industry a lot. You know, certain people aren't built, and I'm saying he's not. But I'm saying, like, when that much clout and fame gets just handed to you quickly. Man, that's a lot.
Speaker 1: No one can prepare you for the not think you just got.
Speaker 2: To kind of get through it.
Speaker 1: That's why I would be the last person to go on the pod and fucking take shots.
Speaker 2: At What about Celin? Do you ever you keep in contact with Selima at all?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: A little bit, Yeah, no one, no one's It's not like a weekly thing or anything, but uh, not all friendly. He trains a jiu jitsu, so we've talked a few times. That's joke, gets some sparring in or something.
Speaker 2: But are you going to try to do Shithold again?
Speaker 1: I think, uh, later down the road it'd be cool.
Speaker 2: Grant.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm worrying about get this company profitable, get everything.
Speaker 2: You know. We're just grinding right now.
Speaker 1: That's all we're doing. So and my problem is that I start too many projects, so I'm trying to like narrow in on what I'm what I'm focused. But uh, I think it would just be cool, even if it's not like, uh, you know, it doesn't make sense financially to do it. It's just if we get to come to a certain point for the OG fans, and I would love doing it, Like I think it's so you enjoy it. Yeah, just doing another season and building that team out.
Speaker 2: And you guys like you're you're I mean, like you know when you when you did it last time, you were very much. It was a high production value situation. Yeah, you guys were like there was actors. I mean, I think of the we were talking about the Grahams guy and there was the one episode where you were at a biker bar.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, chuck late, oh yeah, check hell, which was fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: But I think that like that's the way to do it, Like I see, I mean, did you see this kid that just got shot doing a prank in the mall?
Speaker 1: Heard about this fucking crazy and like he's doing like some Salim type of shit, like yeah, just.
Speaker 2: Getting too close to someone's personal spaceical tell him to stop it. Does it again, You'll be careful. And the dude pulls out of gun and shoots him. Fuck did he die? He did not die. But the dude who shot him, they dropped the charges because they're like, he warned you like leaving alone, and you didn't. And I think it might have been in Florida. Now, if that happened in California, that he be fucked yeah, Texas or Florida, you're probably Yeah, in California, if someone breaks into your house and you shoot them, you're fucked. You gotta kindly ask them to leave. Yeah, I don't like that about it.
Speaker 1: I love California, but I love even being a homeowner. Now I'm a little like exactly this should be like my domain. I fuck it.
Speaker 2: And a financially successful person, you probably have to do a ton of gymnastics to you know, make sure you keep your money. But you come from Canada, which from what I understand, there's high taxes in Canada, which is why there's great health infrastructure in certain things. Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't even remember. Is it is it province by province in Canada? I think it is.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: All I know is Ontario is definitely.
Speaker 2: Nobody likes Trudeau, is what I've heard.
Speaker 1: I've heard that too, And I know zero about.
Speaker 2: Need to apologics I specifically. All I know is you can get free health care and people don't like Justin Trudeau. And yeah, and he was wearing black face and Jordan Peterson is, uh, something's going on with his social media?
Speaker 1: That ship looks I don't know enough to talk about it, but because I like Jordan Peterson, but.
Speaker 2: No, I love Jordan Peterson. He's I think I'm.
Speaker 1: Stripping them of his ship for like he's just talking just.
Speaker 2: For showing his perspective on like podcasts. And I think in Canada they're about to implement a law that like can there's some sort of law that.
Speaker 1: There that the ship Joe Rogan was talking about, it's like the essentially where they affects your life if you say talk about ship that like they don't want social social credit score shit, Joe Rogan exactly. They're doing that with Jordan Peterson. If I'm Jordan Peterson, I'm moving out of Canada. Yeah, I'm moving to They love him in Texas. What yeah, yeah yeah Jesus.
Speaker 2: Did you guys ever like like, uh, some off the record, Well, I we'll talk about it. We'll delete it if you don't want to talk about it. But when you had initially broken away, you and I were talking about you wanting to start maybe like a Netflix style content company mm hmmm. And you were throwing around some names that you were in talks with a guy like Tim Dillon. This was early on before Tim Dillon was fucking huge. Yeah, whatever, happened with that, and if you don't want to talk about it's fine, we'll cut it out.
Speaker 1: But I know that was kind of thing where you know what I'm talking about, though, I'm trying to think of where that conversation was.
Speaker 2: We were talking about so many ideas well. We were just like we were doing the pranks and shit, and you were like, man, make you know I'm going to be doing like you wanted to kind of have your own on demand content shit, and you said that you were going to start working with like certain comedians and shit. And I think Tim Dillon might have been one of them that.
Speaker 1: Might have been under that might have been under Nelu.
Speaker 2: I think it was. Yeah, for sure, it was for sure because this was around that same time where you were still filming on the full Send channel.
Speaker 1: I believe, right, Yeah, yeah, we were. I think that was building, uh pretty much like an R rated YouTube at the time.
Speaker 2: Was so kind of like rumble, yeah, but not so.
Speaker 1: Much that everyone could upload on it. It was just another place you can go maybe it is a paywall, like we were looking at a bunch of things of just because I think at the time when we were talking with that, it was we were getting strikes. There was there was a lot of shit going on where YouTube didn't look like a future home for what we were doing. And it was like and we had a huge audience, and we were like, why don't we just because what happens?
Speaker 2: They do they do to Steve? Do you guys? Yeah? Exactly, It's like, what do you did? You guys? Ever get any of your because I always wonder if you get one of those strikes, is it even possible to get it removed?
Speaker 1: I can't remember. I think maybe time amount of time. Yeah, I think it's like yeah if but I don't know. I know that once a channel gets flagged and striked.
Speaker 2: It's none of the ship got hit in terms of.
Speaker 1: Probably some copyright ship and stuff off, but nothing nothing serious.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've ever gotten a strike. That's dope. Well, what so for you? Now? Where can people support what you're doing? Obviously if you with ig the website, how often are you dropping? Can how can people support just on YouTube?
Speaker 1: If you want to like follow the story we're building, like you said, it's kind of cool to to and even right now if you jump in, I feel like it's still the beginning stages. And it will be cool in five ten years to be like damn I saw like the first people like grinding this out. But every Sunday we upload an episode on the Sunday channel on YouTube and yeah Sunday Bloody Sunday Instagram.
Speaker 2: What's what's your guys website?
Speaker 1: Bloody Sunday dot com?
Speaker 2: Was that hard to get? Yeah?
Speaker 1: How much was it? Twenty five grand? It's actually too bad?
Speaker 2: Twenty five Yeah? Who would you have to buy it off of? Fuck? I don't know, like what what do you know what it was before?
Speaker 1: No? I think it was just someone sitting on domains such a great hustle.
Speaker 2: By the way, yeah, yo that when you buy up domains super select on Hustle. Oh yeah, because there's so many like wet like domains that you would think there's some like you will go to like the you'll like type it Like I remember one time I was just tweaking with my boy, not literally tweaking on drugs, but we're just going to different like obvious dot coms. Yeah, they're like, oh, there's not like someone's about to eat whenever this comes out, like yeah, buddy Sunday, Yeah, we should start doing that. Cyrus start buying you ur else just sitting on him.
Speaker 1: I got a quote for uh Sunday dot com, which is fucking obviously hardest showing figures. It was uh they said five hundred K and up would be you'd have to be like in that ballpark to even start the conversation. But obviously at the time, like I'm not, there's no need to do it.
Speaker 2: And right now Sunday dot Com is nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have Sunday Studios dot com, but I mean, like, but Sunday right now, people who own.
Speaker 2: It, If you go to Sunday dot com, is it something? You know?
Speaker 1: What's funny is Sunday dot Com isn't anything. But if you type in Sunday dot com, it redirects you to like another word Sunday. And it's like this that grass lawn company that's called Sunday. There's like a grass fertilizer company.
Speaker 2: Oh, so they an't even using it.
Speaker 1: It's I don't know, Yeah, I don't even know, because it's it redirects to another website. But how does that even make sense? Like it should go to Sunday dot com and be like this domains for sale, but it instantly redirects so maybe that maybe they own both and they haven't.
Speaker 2: Five hundred k. Eventually you're gonna have to buy it if you guys get pack off.
Speaker 1: I think, but i'd have to find the I'd be more interested in the app store. That'd be more for my ten year planet. What I want to build here. I think that something kind of like what we were talking about. It's like something in the world of building your own subscription service type thing. And uh and I think Sunday would be a great name for that.
Speaker 2: So great name. Yeah, I mean if you were to, if you were to kind of say, hey, Sunday is everything. We have a platform, and the platform is Sunday dot com. Yeah. Just the simplicity of that.
Speaker 1: Sunday on the app store. Fucking it's just a color, no logo, like I think it there is, Like I mean, there's so many spider webs to where I see this going in ten years. But yeah, that's definitely on the on the horizon.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, like you said, don't take on too much at once. Yeah, yeah, one thing at of time. You have a lot going on. All right, let's go support. I appreciate you pulling back up man, this guy for a long time was our You know that that interview you did for me, man was our most viewed interview for I think it might still be really the single most viewed upload, the clip of you talking about leaving NELK was this. I think it's the single most viewed clip that's not a short on our channel still but a great place right time though. I think it was just Yeah, Man, good conversation. I appreciate you coming through again. Man, Yeah shit, congrats on everything, dude. It's just dope to kind of see, like, you know, I like when people reinvent themselves, you know, and I think that the brand is super fly man, So thanks man, appreciate it's not cheesy. You're doing it the right way. And uh, yeah, you bring in some gear and stuff. And how often do you dropping like new pieces for people to buy, is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll be every month there's a new collection and uh and then we also do a giveaway for one Sunday skew every month.
Speaker 2: And then you guys like buried like a fucking giant wood box.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, we get creative with it. So we we literally just factored as a tax on the company, meaning like we want to create good culture and cool shit and fun shit.
Speaker 2: So you could write it off like well, not even the right off.
Speaker 1: It's almost like I'm more saying a tax as in like it's important for what I'm doing here. So like if I have to buy ten thousand dollars worth of Sunday hoodies and just give them away for free, it's like fuck it, Like, yeah, you guys make it berried like a giant wooden crate or two or three. Yeah, in the desert, just just like a beast of a fucking crate. Yeah, and it's only for the like on bloody sugn dot com. When you go there, it's just a close site. But if you sign up for email in SMS, that's the only way you get a part.
Speaker 2: Of it, so you can get a heads up where it might be. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So like still that month was surprise was you got three clues slowly throughout the week where you had to and then everyone was trying to find out where it was.
Speaker 2: Is it always in Cali that giveaway?
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, it's anyway, can be anywhere.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, because I know you guys are you know based here obviously, Yeah, so I figured Cali here, Yeah, Palm Springs Joshua Tree. You know, yeah, was that where it was?
Speaker 1: It was real like northern north from here. I can't even remember. It was some dooms.
Speaker 2: Oh the dunes? Was that? Maybe dunes everywhere. But there's some popular dudes. Glamous is the main one that's like really big.
Speaker 1: I luckily got out of burying that one.
Speaker 2: All right, well, listen, I appreciate you pulling up Jesse Man, go support my guy. Bloody Sunday, Bloody Sunday dot com. Boom my guy, Okaya fire. What's going on?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: I want to shout out to our family a hard Dean for presenting to you another interview.
Speaker 4: All right, there's another interview coming tomorrow and the.
Speaker 2: Next day and the next day. Shout out to Hard Dean. Though. If you're in Las Vegas, man, number one dispensary in the world. They are our family. There are brothers, There are fucking dogs over there. Man. We love them. They always are taking care of us and they'll take care of you. If you go to Hardean in Vegas. Let's say you're landing in Vegas. You're gonna go watch the Raiders, You're gonna go watch a Vegas show. Whatever.
Speaker 4: Get in that Taxi, tell them straight up, take me to Hardean.
Speaker 2: When you get to Hardean, they gonna get you hooked up with the craziest just variety and selection of premium cannabis on the planet. And if you tell them you heard about us on the on the Bootleg cav Show, you say, hey, Hardean, I heard about y'all on the Bootleg Cab podcast. They're gonna take care of y'all, all right. So go follow them hard Dean Underscore Las Vegas on all social media and check them out Hardean, Las Vegas dot com. What's up, Harden