Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong and get Katie and he Armstrong and Getty and I'm going you're going to go.
Speaker 3: I do believe because I have listened to this argument for so long. And this is not about Chinese billionaires or billionaires from other countries who all of a sudden have seventy five children, or fifty nine children in one case, or ten children becoming American citizens. This was about slaves.
Speaker 1: Talking about the birthright citizenship Supreme Court case. The oral arguments are today and Trump has a riven.
Speaker 2: He is there.
Speaker 1: Do you fancy I'm looking at the cable news channels. He's there at the sup Supreme Court. First time ever a sitting president has gone to take in the oral arguments. What the President was talking about in the and that is interesting and we'll talk about about it. But what he was talking about in that clip we played was the fourteenth Amendment. It was not about Chinese billionaires popping out surrogate kids to have US citizens, probably as a spy army. It was about the children of slaves. When the fourteenth amendment was passed. More on that no moment, there's Brooks Schaffer from The News Nation explaining that not everybody agrees with.
Speaker 4: The potus this order, though it has faced a lot of criticism, particularly among Democrats and immigration advocates. They warned that if upheld, it could impact millions of immigrants already living here and hundreds of thousands born each year. This order so check of the neighbor impeatedly blocked by lower courts across the country. Some legal experts believe the Supreme Court will do the same.
Speaker 1: I don't understand the way the left works looks at the world. That will affect a whole bunch of people. Yeah, so what it's either the right policy or not the right policy at the end, however many people it affects now or in the future is irrelevant.
Speaker 2: It's either right or wrong.
Speaker 5: I think you've quite skillfully highlighted one of the main features of leftist thinking. It's not about principle, it's about outcome anyway. So here's what we're arguing about, essentially, and the administration its lawyers agree that, yeah, we're asking for a change in the interpretation from the way it's gone, but The reasoning behind the way it's been interpreted for a long time is very very thin.
Speaker 2: To wit. The fourteenth Amendment was.
Speaker 5: Ratified right after Civil War, well ratified in eighteen sixty eight. It begins quote, all persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States.
Speaker 2: The question is, does this.
Speaker 5: Language confer us citizenship on babies who whose parents are in the country illegally or very temporarily, and that was traditional understanding is yes. Trump says no, But that was to.
Speaker 1: Make sure sure that you know, in the most racist states Alabama or Mississippi, hey, those people are citizens. Whether you like it or not. They are right and they get all children the rights.
Speaker 5: But that just because they're slave parents weren't quote unquote citizens, doesn't mean the kids ain't. That's the whole reason for it. Now, I'm shooting from the hip here. I've not read deeply on this, But if the intention was that, and you're an originalist, I would think you'd go back to their original thinking and think, Okay, everybody who could conceivably be the child of a slave was gone by I don't know whatevery.
Speaker 2: Year nineteen twenty.
Speaker 1: I mean unless you live to be one hundred and fifty, so it no longer applies period.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've gotten way ahead of me, but you're one hundred percent right. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So the constitutional provision has come before the Supreme Court before. In a case called Wong kim Ark in eighteen ninety eight, the justices recognized the citizenship of a man born to Chinese parents in San Francisco. The majority said, and I quote the fourteenth and affirms the ancient and fundamental rule of citizenship by birth within the territory. All children here born of resident aliens. Now, the few exceptions, and this is where it gets interesting, because they absolutely recognized that there are exceptions. They included children of foreign diplomats because you are not subject to the jurisdiction of the United States. You have diplomatic immunity enemies during hostile occupations. You can't have Poncho vin as boys invade the US have a bunch of kids and say they're US citizens, and particularly Native American tribal nations which were considered self governing, their children are not automatic US citizens under that you know at that time. But the Trump administration is arguing that the Court has not answered the question the current question not directly. Congress did not pass the first modern immigration law until eighteen seventy five, so for much of our history, migrants could free enter the United States and take up permanent residence. The government points out, and Wong kim ark concerned children of aliens with a lawful domicile in the United States, not children of temporarily present aliens or illegal aliens, a concept that was practically unknown until you know closer to the modern era. So the crux of the dispute is what does it mean to be subject to US jurisdiction. The opponents of the Trump administration say this simply refers to people who are under the government's authority, including illegal aliens. If you murder somebody's an illegal alien, well not in Chicago or or La or New York, but you get arrested and tried and punished, so clearly you're under the jurisdiction of the United States government. But people on our side of it argue that birthright citizenship covers only people completely subject to US political jurisdiction, meaning those who will direct an immediately allegiance to the nation may claim its protection Its rating excludes babies born to temporary viaseholders, as well as illegal migrants who lacked the legal capacity to form a lawful domicile, not to mention birth tourists for goodness sakes.
Speaker 1: So there are thirty three countries, according to Claude, that grant unconditional birthright citizenship, many of them in the Americas. But these are go way back for a variety of reasons that they did. That people have been getting rid of this over recent decades. I didn't know this. Notable examples of countries that ended unrestricted birthright citizenship in recent decades include the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, India. In Ireland, for instance, they ended it in two thousand and four, with eighty percent of voters backing a constitutional amendment in the modern world for all the modern reasons. You don't want to do this, so you're not some sort of Trump racist and you think, unless you think all the Irish are racists or Great Britain or whatever, you don't have to be some sort of Trump races to want to end birthright citizenship.
Speaker 2: It's a, to me, a stupid way to run your country.
Speaker 1: I would agree, Yeah, especially if you're not here lawfully and especially cuckoo. Not especially if you have a welfare state the way modern countries do and you allow chain migration. Yeah, the era of wide open immigration had no welfare stake. No, so you came, you would work harder, you'd starve. Yeah, either came here and made your way, or you went back home, or you starved to death.
Speaker 2: Those are your options.
Speaker 5: Or leaned on your family, who would soon tell you go back to the old country, you suck. I want to quote a Randy Barnett, who's the director of the Georgetown Center for the Constitution, co author of a book entitled The Original Meaning of the Fourteenth Amendment, It's Letter and Spirit, which is pretty authoritative. His piece is entitled Trump is right on birthright Citizenship. The Fourteenth Amendment authors would exclude illegal and visiting aliens from US quote unquote jurisdiction. And he agrees that dispute is over the meaning of the subject of jurisdiction that phrase in each of the categories. He mentions children of diplomats, soldiers from an invading army, American Indians maintaining tribal relations. In each of these categories, the status of the child depended on the status of the parent, and then he gets into the temporary or unlawfully thing.
Speaker 2: Before Trump's executive order, what.
Speaker 5: Originalist scholarship existed on the original meaning of subject to the jurisdiction?
Speaker 2: That keyphrase was sporadic and lightly tested, if at all.
Speaker 5: This past year has produced an explosion of originalist scholarship on both sides. This is where Jack preciently got a couple of minutes ago. The justices are now in a good position to decide which side has presented the stronger originalist case. Kurt Lash University of Richmond has examined the congressional debates over the Fourteenth Amendment and the Civil Rights Act of eighteen sixty six. By the way, the Fourteenth Amendment was like to constitutionalize the Civil Rights Act of eighteen sixty six, it was to say, hey, this is not a law that can come and go.
Speaker 2: This is permanent. Please.
Speaker 5: And that act declared what we said already about to not subject to any foreign power, blah blah blah. The Fourteenth Amendment, Oh, I already said that. But the drafters of the Fourteenth Amendment saw need for constitutional language that more clearly excluded the children of tribal Indians. Lyman Trumble of Illinois managed the citizenship clause in the upper chamber in the Senate explained that subject subject to the jurisdiction meant not owing allegiance to anyone else, whether to a tribe or foreign power. This is the guy who managed that clause in the fourteenth Amendment. John Bingham, a Congressman from Ohio, the moving force behind the fourteenth Amendment. He was a Republican, of course, used the same framework, referring after ratification to persons born in the US quote and not owing allegiance to any foreign power. These statements and others mister lash identified demonstrated how leading Republicans explained the concept. The text was meant to capture birth plus full political membership. And I could go more into detail on some of the precedents that have come and gone, but they only scratched the surface of the key question.
Speaker 2: This is an old.
Speaker 5: Interpretation of the fourteenth Amendment based on virtually no serious thought. It again, it was like drive by interpretations that addressed a specific question at a specific point in history, but did not take on the bigger question. It's practically been unexamined, so.
Speaker 1: What do you think is going to happen if you watch I don't know about mainstream media, but certainly lefty leaning media, which is mainstream media they're presenting. It is just an incredibly unconstitutional overreach by Trump too.
Speaker 2: It's very clear in the Constitution what is supposed to happen.
Speaker 1: That's not true at all. What do you think is going to occur? I'm gonna find out till June. By the way, the arguments are today and Trump is there to listen to them, but they probably won't release their decision until June.
Speaker 5: Well, Jack is gonna cuss me for this, folks, But I think it's something close to a coin flip.
Speaker 2: Really, I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's it would definitely be a c change in the interpretation of the fourteenth Amendment, and to my mind, a completely appropriate one.
Speaker 1: It's it's a great case of I just I mean, I'm not a lawyer, and you know I can't. I can't look at it this through the lens of the way you argue this in the Supreme Court. But just on the face of it it at the surface level, it just seems so insane to continue to use something meant for a and now it applies only to B, but we're going to keep it around because it was there originally.
Speaker 5: What right right, Well, it's it's a perfect example, as I started to say, of how sometimes the constitution of the amendments are a bit vague because the people people who whether frame the Constitution and the bill rights, etc. Or came along later, like the fourteenth Amendment, the world they existed in was very, very different in terms of immigration, population, that sort of thing than the world exists that exists today, and so their wording was absolutely adequate to the situation of the time. But now the situation has changed so completely. You've got to dig and this is what the MSNBC's The World are not doing. You've got to dig behind the vague wording and look at the reasoning behind it. Be an originalist. What did they mean? What were they trying to get to? And you answer that question and if then you decide, well that's wholly inadequate to the modern world, well that's when Congress steps up and you clarify it, or you amend the amendment or whatever, which you can absolutely do. We need to do this though right now. A word from our friends that simply save home security. This is such a great deal, such a great system. I think we've all a lot of us have had like old time security systems with all the wires and stuff, and they didn't work right, and they were incredibly expensive and you had to sign a three year contract. Simply Safe is none of those things. It's super advanced AI technology, live monitoring agents, no locked in contracts.
Speaker 1: I have it myself. I got to sign in front of my house. That reminds me as much as anybody else. Oh yeah, as I'm pulling away from my house right now, I got to simply Safe setup with the sensors and the cameras and all the different sort of stuff. And then there's also the fact that I'm not locked into I'm not doing it just because I signed a couple of year contract and I got no choice.
Speaker 2: No, they earn your business.
Speaker 1: All the time by being good, and lots and lots of people, five million people like me trust simply Safe every day.
Speaker 5: And they prevent break ins. They don't just go off after the breakings occurred. It's great and right now you good people can get fifty percent off your new simply Safe system. It's simply Safe dot com slash or I'm strong fifty percent off simply safe dot com slash or I'm strong there's no safe like simply safe.
Speaker 1: The giant headline on the front of the New York Post what a boob. We all learned a word yesterday. Bimbofication is a kink and Christy Nomes husband has it. Apparently that and other story is on the way. I don't know if I saw any news coverage yesterday of the Christy Nomes husband bimbification story. Apparently we still have some decorum and standards where we just don't get into stuff like that on the serious shows, because I didn't see it anywhere, did you.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's of any great significance other than being interesting from sexual kink perspectives.
Speaker 1: There's lots of stuff that makes the news of no great significance, like most of oh my gosh, yeah, almost all of it. Yeah, so I just was surprised nobody did it. So apparently the meme is going around the Marco Rubio finding out meme that has been going for quite some time. Marco Ribio finding out he's now the quarterback of the you know, the Green Bay Packers in New.
Speaker 2: York Jasey sitting on the couch in his uniform.
Speaker 1: We're not finding out he's the new Shaw of Iran Marco Rubio finding out he's now Christy Noms's husband. But it's a picture of him in pink spandex looking at a giant bra Confused.
Speaker 5: I've seen a couple of different versions of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh, bimbofication.
Speaker 1: So Christy Nome, who was the Department of Homeland Security secretary up until a couple of weeks ago, Ice Barbie, and there are all the rumors, which seem to be pretty fact based, that she was having an affair with Corey Lewandowski, which was Trump's original campaign manager that got him.
Speaker 2: Elected way back in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: Any who, and then you had the weird thing and Christy Nome being grilled by Congress and her husband sitting right behind her as Congress asked her about the affair. Well, she he had left at that point to catch a plane to probably a bimboification conference.
Speaker 2: More on that stay with us.
Speaker 1: And that's why we know anything about Christy Nome's husband really is that he was sitting behind her at that grilling. She's awkward all the way around, anyway, story breaks yesterday, and whether or not Christy Nomme knew about it herself, I'm still skeptical. She's claiming the family had no idea. They were completely blindsided when all these pictures came out of him dressed in really tight tops with giant, giant balloons or something under his shirt to look like enormous boobs and his tiny little shorts. And it's some sort of kink called bimblification, which I don't know that I'd ever heard of. And he corresponded hundreds and hundreds of messages with adult performers with massively augmented breasts to achieve a Barbie dial like appearance. No, it's Barbie dial like it. It doesn't begin to describe it now. And he didn't try to hide who he was at all, And he sort of claimed he coveted huge, huge, ridiculous boobs, that's a quote. He was willing to share these pictures with his face well lit and very clear who he was with all kinds of random people who are into bimbification.
Speaker 2: Jack.
Speaker 5: His face is fully visible in several of the photos, one with a completely straight visage and others making a flirtatious kissy face with purse limps back to you.
Speaker 1: I feel like the tiny little pink shorts are more offensive than the giant bazoombas guy's successful insurance executive.
Speaker 5: He sent some of these performers over twenty five thousand dollars via cash app and PayPal as tips as they would do whatever he bid or engage in whatever conversation.
Speaker 1: He and Kirstyd been married for thirty four years, like high school sweetheart sort of couple. He traded selfies with one woman he pledged to worship like a goddess, telling her quote, you turned me into a girl, before asking if he should put on leggings.
Speaker 2: He's wished. He's straight as far as we can tell. I don't know. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: Really a straight guy thing to do.
Speaker 1: Those little pink shorts don't seem very straight, but I don't I might not fully understand bimblification, if you know.
Speaker 6: Texas Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 7: Finally, some potential good news here for oil markets, for stock markets, and really for the American consumer that's been hit by this impact to oil, you know, trickling down to prices at the pump. We've actually seen over the last twenty four hours, the oil futures move as low as four percent just around one hundred hours of bell orrow, just falling under that threshold. We are starting to head in the right direction, and there's more optimism that this could be a sustained pullback for the oil markets, as the President, of course has signaled that the end of this conflict could be near within the next.
Speaker 2: Couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: All Right, I just wanted to play that to make the point. This determining on a twenty four hour by twenty four hour period whether policy these are good or bad based on tiny movements in various commodities is not.
Speaker 5: I was going to ask, is that nice lady familiar with roller coasters and how they work?
Speaker 2: Whyes?
Speaker 1: We today we went up, look ahead, just ahead, See that twisty thing. Both sides do it though all the time, and quit making your argument for anything based on one day of movements and markets.
Speaker 2: It's a verrazy song. Everything is click pait. It's very very complex.
Speaker 1: There's all kinds of reasons things can go up and down for one day.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, people who want good news for reasons political or financial will click like crazy on those headlines. Those who despise Trump and are convinced this war was about our idea will click like fiends on anything that's negative.
Speaker 2: So I want to mention this.
Speaker 1: I tweeted this out yesterday afternoon, and it's kind of interested to see what the responses would be.
Speaker 2: Got quite a few responses.
Speaker 1: Partially because I've lived in California for so long now that I don't know what the rest of America does and how much has changed along with California or as different California. Anyway, this is what I tweeted out. I had to take my son to the doctor for his physical. He was due for his tea DAP also booster, which used to be for me anyway, just all about the tetanus and then you know that other stuff that they throw in there. Well, since I had the p in the tea DAP whooping cough last year, and you don't want to get whooping cough. But anyway, he had to get that shot and just regular physical and I tweeted out, I don't think anything makes me angrier at the doctor's office than being asked to step out of the room so they can talk to my kid alone. And some of the responses I thought were interesting from people who said move here. They don't make us do that here. WTF? So I even and it does. It makes me insanely angry, and I try to control my boiling rage. I don't know how good a job I did it. I made it clear to the nice young woman who is a assistant of some sort who asked me to leave the room, how angry it makes me. And I made it clear that it's not your fault. I realize you don't make the policy. I'm just registering how outrageous I think this is. And I do think it's outrageous. And then, well, first of all, do you have any concepts of how common it is around the country for this? Is this the sort of thing they do mostly in California, you know, Taxachusetts, and not in Oklahoma and.
Speaker 2: Nebraska, or I don't actually know.
Speaker 5: I don't I would like to dig into that. It's an interesting question.
Speaker 1: I know it didn't happen when I was a kid, and the physician's assistant she said, you know, I actually underst I'm not sure if I had a kid, I would like that either. But the idea that I said, is it the does the government make you do this?
Speaker 2: Is it the hospital and she said, it's kind of bopen.
Speaker 1: The idea that I, as the parent of a kid, who have sole responsibility for everything in that kid's life, I'm asked to leave though now I'm asked, well, that's what they're trying to get to. I'm asked to leave the room so that some other entity can come between me and that kid, because we're making the assumption here that whatever conversation they're gonna have with my kid is at a higher plane than what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: That it is the authority.
Speaker 1: It's the let us check in to see if we think what's going on in this household is right or wrong.
Speaker 2: Because we know what's right or wrong, he might not. We're just checking.
Speaker 5: In important clarification, not as a backstop if something's gone terribly long wrong like abuse or neglect, No, but as an on going higher authority for that child's life and well being.
Speaker 1: Right, you're making the statement that we the state, or we this institution at the behest of the state, know what's best. We're just checking to make sure you're following our rules. And what indication do you have that their rules have been very good throughout history?
Speaker 5: Well, I will tell you this, and this is the bedrock of all of it.
Speaker 2: I've told this story in.
Speaker 5: Various forms many times, but I encountered a professor in college who was a Marxist, and I was at that point completely unfamiliar with some of the sociological aspects of Marxist thinking. And her point was that the nuclear family is an organization, an institution of oppression, and that the state should raise children. She actually espoused this in class, and I'm sitting there like, wait what. And that was my introduction to that Marxist belief that the state should raise the child, because that way you can indoctrinate them into becoming a good little Marxist or just you know, automaton or what have you. And it's right there in the It takes a village philosophy, and it's absolutely the unholy bloom of that weed right now is hey, Yeah, I'd be happy to call you Jenny Johnny.
Speaker 2: And let's not tell mom and dad.
Speaker 5: They don't need to know because they're probably going to abuse you or whatever. The teachers, radicalizing the children and getting between the parent and the child, it's all the same thing. And yes, it's leached its way into medicine. Some of our medical schools, like UCLA Medical School. It's one of the most woke institutions in America.
Speaker 2: It's horrible.
Speaker 1: Some of the questions they asked too, How did this become part of a physical Why are you asking about all this stuff for physical Yeah.
Speaker 2: My kids both know that that. We don't answer the gun question. None of your effing business.
Speaker 1: Why are you freaking asking me if I've got a gun in my house at the doctor's office.
Speaker 2: That's a big yes. Oh yeah, no kidding, right what? And so I it's interesting.
Speaker 1: A lot of the responses on Twitter to that were that when people saying I don't, I just say no, which I left the room because I don't want to embarrass my kid. I mean, if it's me, I'm willing to get into all kinds of an uproar. I don't care if they have to bring in guards because they're worried I'm about to twist off. I'm perfectly fine with bringing that upon la Vie, but I don't want to put my kid in awkward position. And we talked about it later and he said, I'm fine with you doing that. So from now on, I'm just gonna say no, just no. I'm not leaving the room anything. You got to ask me and ask them for me. Of course, in the so, I bring this up to some people and they look at me like, why would that be a problem?
Speaker 2: What sort of crazy? What are you hiding?
Speaker 1: What awful thing are you doing to your child that you want to hide that you no, no.
Speaker 2: No, no no no. Do you not understand?
Speaker 1: They're declaring that they know what's best and you don't.
Speaker 2: That's the statement they're making.
Speaker 5: And there's a presumption that they they are justified in coming between you and your child and say, all right, what's what's the deal with him?
Speaker 2: What's going on? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember it, and this one was tough and it blindsided me. And you know, Katie's trying to stay calm.
Speaker 6: Oh go ahead, Katy, Oh boy, I'm just thinking, you know, I've got a kid on the way, and I would blow a gasket.
Speaker 2: Where is that? What to happen?
Speaker 1: Well, you're gonna be doing dealing with it really soon, probably because the first time it hit me was when Sam was born and I was asked to leave the room so they can talk to mom without me there, Like what.
Speaker 6: See, that's when I'm going to demand no, Drew is staying, you can talk to both of us.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't under this is bizarre, feel free, They can't.
Speaker 1: I don't know what they do if you say that, but they probably just make a note on a form.
Speaker 2: Probably it's an unholy confluence.
Speaker 5: I think of what I was describing, and like insurance companies and liability, and maybe greater awareness of certain issues, like every time I register to go to my usual let's try not to have a stroke appointment with my doctor, I've got to fill out the pre thing, the pre form which includes do you ever feel like life is pointless and you take no joy in the things you do? And I want to fill in only when I'm filling out this form.
Speaker 2: Yes, actually, you know what.
Speaker 6: I've had to fill out two of those a week for the last.
Speaker 2: Month, and I'm gonna have to do it again today.
Speaker 6: I will be writing that only when you guys ask me this question, oh, I and over again.
Speaker 5: I appreciate the greater awareness of mental illness issues, but is there anybody who's so completely unaware of depression and what it is and where you might get help that they'll fill out that form and the doctor will say, say Jim, It sounds like depression to me, and they'll be like, what doc, the fact that I'm hopeless all the time and take no joy in anything, and that will be the pipeline, that will be the connection that's leave them.
Speaker 2: It just strikes me as I don't know, dopey.
Speaker 5: Yes, Michael, there are so many people out there though, that actually think they do know best and they will follow right along.
Speaker 2: Oh, they think that the authorities no best. Absolutely. What's your indication of that, COVID? I hate to bring it up, but.
Speaker 1: Now I'm talking to people who believe that the the the the the government's view or an institution's view of how to raise your kids is better than yours.
Speaker 2: What what's your your your data that led you to that?
Speaker 5: Excuse me, Jack, while I interview this sheep and ask it why it runs with the herd.
Speaker 2: That's just the nature of that sort of beast.
Speaker 1: And I live in a state where it's certainly on the table for somebody to say to your kid behind closed doors, do you ever feel like a girl or a boy?
Speaker 5: Except except the activists are much more insidious. They'll say, do you ever feel like you know, being a tough guy is not who you really are right, They'll find some universal like that and then shove that wedge and that's what they do.
Speaker 2: I've seen it happen.
Speaker 1: I feel like the questions were at least half like social sciences as opposed to all medical stuff like blood pressure, weight, you know, all those sorts of things. Do you do it a physical get the right vaccinations? Ok, it's just I don't know. The modern world is not for me. Oh that makes me insanely angry though, I mean just like I can't hardly control.
Speaker 5: Myself angry right right, because you understand the greater symbolism of it and the intent behind it.
Speaker 1: Right, And as a full time single parent, the responsibility I have of raising kids and how much work it is. And now you've just stepped in to say we're really the ones in charge here.
Speaker 2: Oh oh oh my god. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I know them intimately and love them on a level that the greatest greatest poets couldn't even describe. But you, having just walked into the room, are going to take control.
Speaker 2: Now, right, That's exactly it. You put it better than me.
Speaker 1: That's exactly the feeling I hear all day today, for instance, doing nothing but trying to make sure his life is okay. And now you're going to put me out of the room because you're the wheel.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're gonna take the wheel. Yeah, Oh my god. Next time they ask you about the guns in the home, say yes, six. I mean they're not in the home. They're on my person right now. Take out six of them. One in my left sock, one in the back of my pants. I guess two one here and mag gotta be careful with that one.
Speaker 2: Am I wrong?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 5: Of course both of my holsters on either hip and then the one tucked in my back in case you know, things get really hairy.
Speaker 2: On each side like you use somebody. Sam. Oh, I've got one of those drop down machetes too. Do you need to know about that?
Speaker 1: It's in my sleeve here, Ah boy, got a barrel of antracks in the garage. I'm just let me go through the listener, any thoughts on any of this? Being asked to leave the room? Text line four one five two nine five KFTC.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man skied across an asphalt parking lot at sixty nine miles an hour, not intentionally. He'd just been clipped by Tiger Woods this suv.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got to get to Tiger Wood's statement yesterday in which I found bad news for Tiger. Actually, so, I was just talking about how angry it makes me when they say at the doctor's office, I'm there for my kid's physical. Can you step out of the room now? We need to talk to him alone. And I just can't restate what I just said. If you missed it, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. But what's the message it sends to the kid? This twenty two year old woman is the authority, not your parent, right. Oh my god, I hate everything about that. I'm never doing it again. I'm never doing it again. You hold me off in cuffs if you want to. I will never leave the room again. And I'm just gonna see what happened. We got this text, Katie, you like this since you were with child Jack and oh I just had a kid. In the state of California, if you go to a baby checkup as the husband when she is pregnant, they will tell you in the lobby that they have to talk to her first before you're allowed to come into the baby checkup, the prenatal baby checkub. They bring her back there and ask her if everything is okay in the home life. Then the nurse comes out and grabs you in the lobby.
Speaker 5: What in the hell did we decide this was okay, that the intrusion into the coherence of the family, the cohesion of the family is justified by the interests of the state and protecting women or something.
Speaker 2: When did the trade office work?
Speaker 1: We are sheep well that we allowed it to even get going, that we all just sided it, that the first time it ever happened. We all just thought, well, I suppose i'd better because they asked me to. But it's freaking outrageous anywhile, let you react gate.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, and so what if you say no, what do they.
Speaker 1: I don't know, actually, and I suppose I doubt they can say, well, then you can't have a baby here.
Speaker 6: I doubt they do that, because I mean, that's got to be some kind of protocol that they're following.
Speaker 1: Sure, but I mean we are She and I are grown ups, adult citizens of this country. We willingly decided to get married and have a kid together.
Speaker 2: All you need to know, right, your job as a.
Speaker 1: Medical professional is to facilitate this birth in the healthiest way possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, check on my baby. Not my marriage. I'm fine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, there's I always harp on the Marxist thing that the postmodernist way lefties, but there's a lot of paternalism and nanny statism among the left and center left too, that they just think the government is here to solve all problems, and they don't. They don't see it as a trade off. They see it as an unmitigated good.
Speaker 2: No, no, no.
Speaker 5: All the husband has to do is leave the room for like a minute or two. We make sure the wife's not being abused or the girlfriend or the partner or whatever, and then the man comes in. What's There's no cost there other They just don't see the world the way we do.
Speaker 1: I know you're not making that argument for yourself, but there's no cost other than an infentele makes us all infants.
Speaker 2: In that way, you know, completely.
Speaker 1: We need to be taken care of by again, the twenty three year old the doctor's office, because we're not as adults capable of, you know, handling our own lives.
Speaker 2: Right here, they come to the rescue. Yeah, exactly, exactly. Anyway, well, that twenty three year old is an agent of the state.
Speaker 5: Literally, They and I a bureaucrat to whom you must answer.
Speaker 1: And I'll say it again because I know this will get back. It always does. I realize you're doing your job. You're just doing your job. You're doing what you're told to do. You're making your living. Not a problem with you, it's the policy, not you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right here here.
Speaker 5: As most of you may have heard by now, Judy and I lost our buddy Baxter the dog this last week Backsi taxi, codependent boyfriend, mister underfoot. He went by many names. There's been another loss in the world of dogs. This Sugar the Surfing Dog, the first canine inducted into the Surfer's Hall of Fame. You may have seen a surfer, Sugar the Surfing Dog, who hung out at hunting And Beach, California and was a very very famous surfing dog. Sixteen year old rescue dog from Huntington Beach, five time dog surfing World Champion, passed away. When Sugar was not surfing, she was a what's the proper term, A counseling dog, a comfort dog for veterans. This is a Dog Hall of Famer, Sugar the Dog, and just reminds us it's funny how much good will a dog brings in a room, hospital with kids or whatever. Man are our canine companions. They have a special, special role.
Speaker 2: She was sixteen sixteen.
Speaker 6: Wow, she's like a kind of a lab Ish. That's pretty old for that kind of a dog. A therapy dog was the term I was looking for. Yeah, sixteen year old lab mix, I believe. And how recently was the dog surfing?
Speaker 2: Till toward the end she.
Speaker 1: Had like the equivalent of like an eighty five year old human out there surfing.
Speaker 5: That's pretty impressive winning championships. In twenty twenty four, her paw Prince joined the hand and footprints of many other renowned surfers immortalized at the Surfing Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: That's sweet, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we do a lot of stuff, been wide ranging. If you ever miss anything, want to catch it, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 2: Subscribe Armstrong and Getty