Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetty and now he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Wants a breaking news story before we get to clips of the week. Sure, Washington Post sudden cancelation of army exercise fuel speculation about combat troop deployments in the Middle East at some point, if let's not use the term, if some point, combat troops on the ground are on the table, you gotta get them somewhere in the neighborhood. Yeah, right, okay, in case you need them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think a good example of the analysis you get here in few other places is what we've discussed the last couple of days. We have boots on the ground in how many different countries I've lost track, quite a few, several in Africa, handful in the Middle East, completely separate from the current conflict with Iran all over Europe. I mean, Europe's not at most of Europe's not at war at this point, but we have troops on the ground near trouble spots everywhere on Earth. But it's funny how it becomes a political football. Another follow up unless you have more on that. I was just going to say a follow up to our discussion of the polymarket Calci thing in college students. Didn't have time for this paragraph from the journal. It's going about as well as you might expect. Students are losing hundreds of dollars on false rumors. The NCAA is raising alarms about betting on college games. Student Athletic department employee fired for betting on Calshi. Meanwhile, student groups are hosting parties with polymarket branded beer, pong.
Speaker 2: Sets, good stuff.
Speaker 3: A lot to squeeze in this hour, just to follow up what it was just saying, since you asked the question. At least according to Grok, we have troops and combat zones. Fighting isis in Iraq Syria. For some reason, Grok just updated and took that away from me. I hate when it does that. It starts giving you information and then it takes it away. But anyway, there's like a half dozen countries where we're actually fighting isis. Yeah, fighting on the ground, Yeah, never mind, you know, just a presence there. Yeah. So it's the bloove of Friday traditionalist, get to it. It's taking a fond look back at the week. There was It's cow clips of the Week.
Speaker 2: The Iranian regime shaken to its core.
Speaker 3: Irans formerly supreme leader Ayatola Hamene is dead.
Speaker 1: He won the corn toss and he elected to receive and more did he receive.
Speaker 2: May he rest in peace.
Speaker 4: If you threaten Americans anywhere on Earth, we will hunt you down without apology and without hesitation, and we will kill you.
Speaker 3: The Iranian government is vowing not to back down, not to negotiate with the United States.
Speaker 2: The President's urging regime change.
Speaker 3: I'm telling Oh John Carl that he should have a role in picking Around's next supreme leader.
Speaker 5: Their anti aircraft weapons are gone, so they have no air force, they have no air defense, missiles are gun launches are gone.
Speaker 2: Other than that, they're done quite well.
Speaker 5: Have you had sexual relations with Corey Lewandowski.
Speaker 3: All Rand Security Secretary Christinome is out.
Speaker 2: I wasn't.
Speaker 3: I've got to be honest with I wasn't expecting the call today, but it's super excited and I'm more excited about just ready to get started.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm so psyched to be here for a new Subtucsi God is both masculine and feminine and everything in between.
Speaker 2: God is non binary. So long live the resistance and dest to America. There are they getting this well? Fox Arrangement.
Speaker 1: I mean it's twenty four to seven, the California Arrangement syndrome.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, holy cow, so much going on with this. I've done with this. If you guys are doing that, I am done. You can pull me a contempt from now till the cows come home. It's Clips of the week.
Speaker 3: Gosh, gosh, gosh, gosh, love it. handsOn, nice job with clips of the week. Yeah, truly, what a week. Wow, what a variety of stories. Speaking of which, I got a lot of silly stuff I'd like to squeeze in before the end of the week. US who will do that today? I like to get to the Van Jones stuff about the divides in politics as well.
Speaker 2: Honestly my serious notes. But we've got time. This is not silly. So here's what Grock tells me.
Speaker 3: The United States currently has combat troops deployed on the ground in four primary locations worldwide.
Speaker 2: Iraq.
Speaker 3: We've got twenty five hundred troops engaging in counter ISIS operations in Iraq, Syria, two thousand troops supporting anti ISIS efforts Somalia, a smaller contingent of special operations forces conducting counter terrorism missions against al Shabab and Yemen limited special operations against al Qaeda and Huthi targets. Uh So, couple thousand troops in Iraq, couple thousand troops in Syrias Syria, and if you announced today he was going to put eight hundred in Iran, people would go aps over it.
Speaker 2: Correct, doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 3: It'd be hundreds of miles away from the fighting, merely eighting in logistics. People would go, as you so charmingly put it, aps, Yes, that is correct. Where does that expression come from? I think when an ape is really angry and starts hurling its feces around and people think, wow, this has really come unhints. Have I told this story for a wild gladys? I don't know if I've told this story for some reason. I think it was the Iowa State Fair. It was a fair. I don't know if it was the Iowa State Fair, which used to be the biggest fair in the world, but there was a This is many, many years ago. This is like early seventies, so it's quite possible that the conditions.
Speaker 2: For this.
Speaker 3: Beast were not the best. I don't know, I don't remember if it was a gorilla or a chimpanzee. It was a monkey ish sort of thing, quite large anyway, for whatever reason, it was throwing its feces. It's the only time I've seen it in person. And everybody was just so entertained by this, and it was a very large crowd and we were all like just outside of you know, he kind of gauged his arm and figured out, like how far can he throw that? And then right the circle was perfectly like just outside his range, and like just constant in my memory. I mean, this is a fifty year old memory, maybe fifty five year old memory. I don't think i'd forget that either, But I can still picture everybody back there watching this thing just screaming and yelling, throwing its crap at us.
Speaker 2: Exact John exactly right.
Speaker 3: Johnny, you know, I wish you hadn't led with the conditions animals were kept in stuff, because that really it hurts my enjoyment of the story because that's a funny, damn story.
Speaker 2: But you're probably right.
Speaker 3: I've told this before, and this is a downer Friday story. I saw there was a circus setting up in Mexico.
Speaker 2: One time.
Speaker 3: I was riding my motorcycle way down deep in Mexico, and uh, oh boy, there was a circus setting up in a small town. And there was the saddest looking freaking monkey tied to a post.
Speaker 2: To us, what you used?
Speaker 3: You just admitted to go off the air, he says, I don't know if I want to talk about politics, yeah.
Speaker 2: Talk about animal abuse.
Speaker 3: That'll lift people's spirits, send them into the weekend, clicking their heels, get you into a show business man. That's what this is all about. Good lord, you ever seen a dog run over in the street? Tell us about it? What's the matter with you? God, you're right, You're right, I am incorrect, You're right now. If I had had the good sense to jump in like ninety seconds ago, I would have said.
Speaker 2: Speaking of excrement with fabulous transition.
Speaker 3: A Long Island Grandpa is peeved after his novelty license plate was revoked by the DMV in New York.
Speaker 2: Always love.
Speaker 3: Personalized plates to get turned down in various states.
Speaker 2: Always good.
Speaker 3: Interestingly, this guy's had this plate for years, but for some reason, the New York DMV stopped in and told him, because of its quote rigorous screening processes, that it had determined that his plate was no longer in compliance.
Speaker 2: His plate said, it is p B four we go.
Speaker 3: Oh, I read about this the other day. H P before we go, which is good advice.
Speaker 2: You have kids.
Speaker 3: Incredibly scene an offensive and blah, why is P before we go offensive? Out of the reverences urine jack, which is extreman lah blah blah blah. He says, I've driven it through conservatively fifteen states, Red states, Blue states. Everyone smiles. One time the officer pulled up next to me at a light and motioned. He said, I just had to stop you. I got such a laugh out of your plate. But then government bureaucrats who just love their power over the citizens decide to take it away. Pee before we go. Let me grock this. What percentage of human beings urinate?
Speaker 2: Okays?
Speaker 3: Thinking, probably use a couple of AI platforms just to make sure you're accurate. Yeah, it turns out the vast majority of us urinate, So it's a kind of a universal. That's that's the teacher in California who is urinating into a coffee canister in the classroom.
Speaker 2: It's still on leave.
Speaker 3: I believe that is still being investigated. Yes, the investigation, if I was in charge, would be got a video of you peean a coffee canister. What the hell it'd be the investigation Now he's on leave. Yeah, exactly. Yeah. Anyway, people are rallying to the case. He said, we have the support of the people of New Hampshire. Their state motto is live free or die. Well, in my case, it's live free or pee before we go. Anyway, Good luck, sir. I feel like I see fewer personalized plates now than I used to. Did they get more expensive? Did people decide that it's not a good look. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like I see fewer of them. All of the above, maybe I don't know.
Speaker 3: Tends to be not universal. I know many, many fine people that I like a lot to have personalized plates. But in general, I'd say personalized plates go with a certain personality quirk that I do not enjoy. But not always, definitely not always. Thinking of several people right now, my favorite personalized plate of all time was my brother in law John's. I believe Who's Who was a fellow uh Lootie Tunes cartoon thinge and his license plate was are.
Speaker 2: U n idgit I j D.
Speaker 3: That was good anyway, Humans and Neanderthals got it on more than scientists thought, according to a new study that long ago.
Speaker 2: You know, proto human update coming up. Stay with us. That's not a surprise to me as.
Speaker 3: A man with a substantial amount of Neanderthal DNA. We don't look like Brad Pitt. But you know, take us back to your cave and find out. Uh uh huh do go Neanderthal You'll never go back it all.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good. That's actually prettyad. Okay, we actually had don't play. We actually have some news to get to because things are constantly changing.
Speaker 3: We are a country at war more on the way.
Speaker 6: Iran is hoping that we cannot sustain this, which is a really bad miscalculation for the IRGC in Iran.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess we'll find out. Sirens blaring currently in Israel as Iran is retaliating again with more waves of rockets, drones, everything else, and it's all about We talked to Mike Lions a little bit earlier about He says, we've got the stockpile to continue this for a while. Does that include Israel. Do we know we keep track to make sure that they've got everything they need for their iron dome. Yeah, we'll see arrows and Darcher's. As we've been discussing with Mike Lyons, the number of missiles fired out of Iran is fewer every day. We'll see if that continues to so. The way the people of America have reacted to the conflict with Iran politically speaking, is pretty interesting. Van Jones, As I always say, a guy I disagree with about many many things, some of them very very strongly. But I think he's an honest guy. I think he's sincere. He was talking about that very topic. We'll start with fifteen. Go from there, Michael.
Speaker 7: Bit by bit, post by post, nudge by nudge, people are getting separated into different camps that are not ultimately fighting for the good of the United States or the West or their own countries, but are actually functioning at a pawn layer, a pawn level, being moved by different algorithms, by different information operations to cluster and be useful to people who ultimately mean, you know, good, ultimately not benefiting anybody in the United States.
Speaker 2: Wow, love that premise. You got me, Van, Go on.
Speaker 7: Why is it that you see young people in a mayor who give a free pass to Iran, which is butchering people, shooting down young protesters, won't give women their rights, won't give gay people their rights, and yet are incredibly critical of the United States itself, which at least doesn't kill thousands of protesters and has rights for people.
Speaker 3: Well, you hate to have to give a guy credit for saying something that's obviously true, but a lot of people on inside of politics don't say that, right.
Speaker 2: But there are problems on the right as well. What is going on?
Speaker 7: Why are people who consider themselves to be American patriots on the right suddenly willing to side with a country that has been an enemy of the United States for now generations?
Speaker 2: What is happening here?
Speaker 7: And what's the impact of having a country where different factions inside the country are actually aligning themselves with enemies outside the country without seeming to really know they're doing that. That's a gray war. That's how you know you're in a gray war.
Speaker 3: Well, at least for the people leading the crowd. As Joe explained to us the other day, Tucker and Candas, for instance, are making so much freaking money. It's insane. They are ungodly wealthy out of doing this, So that's their motivation. I don't know about all the people that follow them. I think they could probably publish a simple, like four sentence guide to how you grab an audience like that, offer them secret knowledge that's being hidden from them, Convince them that they're going up against the powerful and the evil and they're on the right side of things, blah blah blah, and slowly release you know. It's almost like a murder mystery clues and breadcrumbs and the rest.
Speaker 2: In the style of QAnon. For instance, We've.
Speaker 3: Got a new theory on this based on some life experience people going for these some of these like really really crazy conspiracy theories. The more troubled your reality is in your life, like your real circumstance, the more troubled your circumstances is, the greater the conspiracy you need to focus on to drown that out. Yeah, so if you have kind of medium problems in your life, you can kind of get into a medium conspiracy to drown that out. But if you got really big problems going on, you have to come up with a really big conspiracy to Oh I don't have to worry about all of these situations around me that are really a problem, because look how bad this is.
Speaker 2: I got to focus on this. Yes, right, I think that's it. Well, I've got a great little feature ut on how Marxists operate. I don't think we really.
Speaker 3: Have the time, but it it's kind of watching them form the why we are queers for Palestine and against the war in Iran as Americans, it doesn't make any sense. They're well aware of how nutty that is. So they've got to continually brainwash and browbeat people that do not asking that question.
Speaker 2: If you even asked that.
Speaker 3: Question, you're a counter revolutionary and you're with the capitalists. We had a lot more on the way of different stripes, So I hope you can stick around. If you miss a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 1: After months of denials, Congressman Tony Gonzalez finally acknowledged having an affair with Regina santos Ovulis, a staff member who took her own life last September. For Gonzalez, you know, politically, that's a death penalty. House speaker Mike Johnson reached out to Gonzalez Thursday.
Speaker 2: We first tend to drop rivalries for re election.
Speaker 1: Now Gonzalez has done just that, adding that he does plan to serve out the rest of his current term.
Speaker 3: Politically, that's the death penalty used to be. Definitely not anymore getting caught having an affair, isn't that? I mean that used to be absolutely you're done. Okay, you cannot run for whatever office, clearly not anymore for all kinds of different reasons, and maybe for good reason.
Speaker 2: I don't know. But what if your girlfriend sets herself on fire.
Speaker 3: That's a different thing. So let's hear a little more on that. Yeah, she did kill herself, which adds another layer, obviously to the affair.
Speaker 6: Was there a relationship with this young lady who was working in your office?
Speaker 2: You know, very very direct, PAGs.
Speaker 5: I made a mistake and I had a lapse in judgment, and there was a lack of faith, and I take full responsibility for those actions. Since then, I've reconciled with my wife, Angel, I've asked God to forgive me, which he has, and my faith is as strong as ever. When you make mistakes like this, you know, it's never easy. It humbles you but it's important to kind of work through it all.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm glad he and his wife could get past it. That's fantastic. I guess you guess what. I don't know what's going on in their relationship. Maybe you just better off without him? True, well, true, of course we don't know what's going on. But for some people that's a one deal breaker. And I've known other people that survived it and the things were better afterwards, like better, actually better, So I can believe that. Sure, yeah, here's painful. Ow Oh, definitely, here's a little more.
Speaker 6: Any and every headline that we see about this story makes the assertion, and not out not saying it, but they make the assertion that she committed suicide because of you. You don't think you had anything whatsoever to.
Speaker 5: Do with it, Absolutely nothing to do with it. And you know what, they do this intentionally pegs. I mean, you cannot hate the media enough.
Speaker 3: Well, that's true with you on that one. Absolutely nothing to do with it. I mean to blame him for it is ridiculous, but nothing to do with it.
Speaker 2: You don't think that.
Speaker 3: You've lost her lover and her job she was she thought she was going to be the forever with a congressman and the love of her life perhaps, and then that fell apart. That's well, if you've ever had a relationship you really didn't want to end end, it's about as bad as things get. Therefore, all she might have had problems with her marriage or husband.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah. But yeah, that's well, it's sorted. She set herself on fire. Yes, I'd forgotten that. Yeah, that's a bad way to get Okay, you forgot that. That's kind of a big detail. It is a big detail. Yeah, nobody does that. Well doesn't that That's a rough blanket way to go. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 3: Well, that doesn't that indicate a clear not stable person.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 3: You can be pretty stable and decide to kill yourself. It's like Norm McDonald's joke about that. What you're surprised when somebody kills himself, Well, you don't know about life. I it always end some disappointment, never ending, you know, blah blah blah. But so you do want me to talk about assistant suicide in Canada, But.
Speaker 2: Send yourself on fire. I mean that's a hell of a choice. You know, this is neither here nor there.
Speaker 3: But I've been listening to some stuff, reading some stuff about the Spanish conquistadors and their utter brutality, and they like to burn people at the stake. If you like, did everything right and converted to Christianity and admitted all your sins, they would garrot you. That was their merciful way to end your days. Anyway.
Speaker 8: Wow, anybody who is quote unquote Hispanic who talks about quote unquote white people right as settler colonial monsters is out of their effing minds.
Speaker 3: So have you been listening to the Rest is History podcast about the Aztecs.
Speaker 2: There are no other pitive podcasts, just ours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Spanish came and what they did to the Native peoples of Mexico and Central America and South America.
Speaker 2: Just absolutely brutal.
Speaker 3: How that gets left out of the story when you talk about European settlers and what they did to the Native Americans in North America, there's no comparison right well in the horrifying brutality of the Native peoples. Yeah, to themselves and their enemies and the rest of it. They were all about sacrificing children to the gods, which reminds me haven't had time to get to this. I'd like to at some point most of the history of human beings is just beyond any thing you can imagine in terms of what to take.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I came across this great, great piece, the Slavery lesson You're never going to learn in school. It was about the Islamic slave trade, slave trade, and how they exploited Africa for other Islamic people and traded slaves for hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of years. Slavery was ubiquitous in the ancient world. It was everywhere until the Enlightenment, when the Brits in the US in particular said, and well, don't get me started. They said, you know what, we actually believe all men are created equal. But these dark skinned men were keeping them as slaves. This can't last. This is hipocrisy, said George Washington, said Thomas Jefferson. They just had a hell of a hard time unwinding it, perhaps to their discredit. But anyway, that's enough of that. I had something kind of amusing I wanted to do, and I've lost it. So I was going to ask you, and I know, we risk being the darkest radio show in America all the time. Do we have that liner, I mean, because it fits in pretty pretty well with our vibe oftentimes, especially on a Friday.
Speaker 2: But Armstrong and Getty, Oh here he comes again. The most depressing radio show ever.
Speaker 3: I came across a stat just the other day, and maybe that's what you're going to talk about, is the uh, the leading There are more people dying from assisted suicide in a certain age group in Canada than are dying from diseases or whatever. I mean, it's one out of twenty deaths is assisted suicide.
Speaker 2: Now it's gone from a handful to six figures a year.
Speaker 3: So they so you legalize assisted suicide, and it turns out there's just a lot of people who are gonna check out. I mean, because why wouldn't you do it before? Because you're you don't want to have to pay the ticket from great Beyond I mean, well, or you don't want to put a gun in your mouth or the other methods they're uncertain. They can leave you in horrifying pain or crippled or whatever. You know your family's coming, so you just think it was You just think it's the ease and comfort of doing it. So there's lots of people that want to do that.
Speaker 2: So that's only the beginning.
Speaker 3: Oh, that is just the peeking through the cracked open door.
Speaker 2: The the rest of it is people who feel financial pressure to off themselves.
Speaker 3: There are hospitals, insurance companies, greedy relatives, activists just like pushing people to off themselves. They originally had a ten day waiting period you had to be sure, and ten days later say I'm still sure. Now people are getting same day service. Well that's efficient. You got to get You got to tip your hat to their efficiency. Yeah, the Canucks, you're right, we're just see if you want. We're just tickling the moose antlers of this whole topic. So I, even myself, I got to think that, you know, I'm at the end of my life, which we're all's gonna happen, all of us. All right, I'm at the end of my life and I'm costing many, many thousands of dollars a day. Even if no family member brought it up to me, I think my conscience would feel the pressure of what difference does it make if it's now our next Wednesday and that could save forty fous dollars right right, that's a pretty good, solid, clear case. The problem is it leeches out and spreads and you get more and more marginal cases. And the progressive activists who got this past to believe so strongly that people should be allowed to live, to end their own lives if they want to, and it's a reasonably compelling argument, but it reminds me of socialism. Well right, it reminds me of socialism. Look, everybody will work hard, contribute the best they can. Then we'll divide up the money and everybody will share in a way that is equal, and people who need a little more get a little more, and will all cooperate. Yeah, not for an effing minute is that going to work. It's one of those ideas that sounds good on the surface. Let's see, I didn't. I really was just kidding about bringing this up.
Speaker 2: But oh, that's fascinating topic. It really is.
Speaker 3: We're having this experiment and you know right there in America's hat, well, the Netherlands is doing it too. It had ninety about ten thousand euthanasia euthanasia deaths in.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: That's not easy to say in twenty twenty four, and over one hundred thousand since assisted suicide was legalized in twenty oh two. Canada's gone from seventy six thousand medically assisted deaths in twenty twenty four to ninety three thousand and twenty twenty five, and probably one hundred and ten thousand by the end of twenty twenty six. But at the same time, in a lot of circumstances, the idea that I'm not allowed to do that.
Speaker 2: Is not I know, I know.
Speaker 3: So you're gonna give me all these drugs at the cost of hundreds of thousands of dollars for the next week as I lay here in misery to try to keep me alive for another day, why one of those drugs you could give me might be how much cheaper would end it? And everybody's happier, including me, And that's against the law, right It's hard to make sense of that, I know, I know it is. Boy, you make death too easy and attractive and money saving and the rest of it, And I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just think it leads you to a bad place, is there.
Speaker 3: The other hand, I would like to not have the even in my own mind, pressure on me in the end days of you know, because if it's illegal, it's off the table.
Speaker 2: I don't have to worry about this.
Speaker 3: If it's legal, then I got to be thinking every single day what am I doing to my kids? Here spending all this money, laying here in bed watching TV?
Speaker 2: What am I doing? Yeah? This is the ultimate paradox.
Speaker 3: I think, unless you just have a religion based you know, kind of I don't want to is a pejorative term here, a maximum maximalist position that we need to protect life, period because that's what we're commanded to do.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: I completely see your point, and it's it's difficult to form an argument against it. I'm a libertarian. I believe people can live their lives in whatever way they want. And I have actually told Judy that if I'm in a situation, god forbid, the worst sort of situation, I consider it my right to make that decision.
Speaker 2: You want her to smother you with a pillow?
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm not sure she has the arm strength, although she's working out a lot and it's doing great.
Speaker 2: Is that why she's working out? It's entirely possible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, oh what are you doing at the gym? You got to come up with the arm strength. This is smothered Joe. If I need to, they call it pillow push ups.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just learned to press down really hard. I've got a really long time. You're taking this way too. You started it.
Speaker 3: Oh, but you got dementia, patience, you got people with mental illness problems. You got people with like temporary mental illness problems. They're grief stricken. Just my current plan is to take it to the absolute end, no matter what. Easier easy to say sitting here in a comfortable radio studio with no pain, but that's my current plan, is to just completely natural take it to the end as much as possible.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I like it. Michael. If you happen to come visit me and you see a pillow laying there, my plan is an extra pillow. It looks pretty air tight. I don't know. Just studies the news we need to get to. Then we're out of time.
Speaker 3: I like the fact that my life plan includes Michaelangelo in the hospital room with me. In my end days, I'm gonna produce you being.
Speaker 2: Dead, you a whole playing sound effects for me, producer to the end. That's right.
Speaker 3: Humans and Neanderthals cozied up from time to time whenever they are in the same area. We know that, right, right, I have for very long right right, Yeah, I just as a guy with a lot of Neanderthal DNA. I've been very into this. I've been working this beat. Who initiated the cross species lovin? Fascinating And we'll have that information for you. Nah who swiped right? The Neanderthals are the uh huh. Once you've had Neanderthal you're never gonna go back at all.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll finish strong next time. Donald Trump is hosting a college sports round table at the White House today with a bunch of thinkers and movers and shakers in ord of college spot to try to take a look at some different things that might need to be done. How in the world do you have the bandwidth as a present in the United States to deal with all the things come and fire? The DHS secretary run a war which would be constant. I would think twenty four hours a day, and then you know, do this.
Speaker 2: Sort of thing.
Speaker 3: He really is an extraordinary human in many many ways. Yeah, so humans and Neanderthals got together from time to time when they were in the same area, reproducing, etc. I am especially interested in this because when I did twenty three and me I found out at the time, I was in the ninety ninth percentile of amount of Neanderthal DNA. Now whatn't up until just a few years ago. There it was a big open question of whether or not Homo sapiens and neanderthals ever bred or could ride. Right now, it's utterly decided, and how exactly this happened, though, remains a huge question. But the one thing they know is the pairings were much more often female Homo sapiens with male Neanderthals.
Speaker 2: That's not surprised, I don't think, is it. Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean because you know, the the uh, the Homo sapien females would say, man, he's got kind of a big head and a broad nose. He's kind of hairy, but strong as a bull, and like super intelligent too, which scientists now believe Neanderthals were at least as intelligent as Homo sapiens and maybe more. Whereas the Anderthal gals look at the skinny, little brad pitt looking Homo sapiens think please, is that a boy or a girl?
Speaker 2: No way, I'm.
Speaker 3: Staying home, and I'm promise I'm not just trying to turn this conversation dark again.
Speaker 2: But I think it's all about Michael. He's about two, isn't he?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what percentage of matings were the least bit consensual?
Speaker 2: You know, it's an excellent point. Virtually.
Speaker 3: The next sentence in this article is did human women venture into Neanderthal populations where Neanderthal males drawn to human compound or enclaves? Were these interactions peaceful, confusing, secretive, violent, consensual?
Speaker 9: Was it rape? We don't know and we'll never know. Hey, kids, it's that time again with Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: As the resident Neanderthal.
Speaker 3: I find any violence against women absolutely abhorrent, especially sexual violence. So I'm guessing no, the babes just saw us and thought.
Speaker 2: Give me some of that. Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 3: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew. Wrap things up for the day. Michaelangelo, President the Buttons. Michael lead us off.
Speaker 4: All right, I've been thinking about this all morning. How to find an Iranian president? How about an Iranian reality TV show?
Speaker 2: Yes, we're viewers.
Speaker 4: Nominative friend of good character. They're punctual, and they got a good beard, and they have some sort of athletic and talent show.
Speaker 3: It's like American Idol for who wants to be Ayatola. That's the worst idea I've ever heard. Katie Green is off today, Jack. Do you have a final thought you'd.
Speaker 2: Like to share?
Speaker 3: So I told my about being at as I think it was a state fair and seeing a monkey throwing its species, and the number of texts we got from people who have had similar experiences at zoos or fairs or carnivals. Apparently it's a pretty common experience. So that's where the whole saying comes from.
Speaker 2: My guess I'm asking this to your inner child.
Speaker 3: Have you ever been as delighted as you were as a child watching animals peepee.
Speaker 2: And poo poo at the zoo? I mean, kids go wild for that they do.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know, seeing you know, John Mullaney in this prime is not nearly as amusing as that.
Speaker 2: To a kid.
Speaker 3: My son who turned sixteen tomorrow, I remember when he was like four. Thinking now is highly entertained, armstrong and getty wrapping up another grueling for our work thing. So many people to thanks a little time you see something over the weekend you think we ought to be talking about, send it along, Send us a link mail bag at Armstrong Andngetti dot com, or just share your thoughts. I'll be following the war closely over the weekend. We'll have all the latest on Monday. God bless America.
Speaker 2: I'm strong and Getty. We got war in Iran.
Speaker 8: All rights.
Speaker 2: Barbie is sent away in shame, Bill and Hill. No time to chill. Let's see who it takes a tiny bite. What a fright, God, God, God love it. The Armstrong and Getty Shut the Armstrong and Getty