Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arms Strong and Gatty and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: For the first time since President Trump ordered a return in the naval blockade, US Forces disabled an oil tanker trying to run through it to Iran's carg Island, in a sign the conflict with Iran has entered a new phase.
Speaker 4: Oh, it definitely has, and we have new information about it to discuss from a piece in the Wall Street Journal today. But Lucas Tomlinson of Fox goes on an.
Speaker 3: American air campaign against Iran has expanded. US Navy jets now launching strikes around the clock, including daylight hours, in an effort to bring Iran back to the negotiating table. This afternoon, the US Forces hit Greater Two Island outside the straight Offoor Moves for the first time. The increased volume of air strikes an attempt to clear a path through the straight offour moves to increase shipping volume and potentially paving the way for US warships to sail through something that hasn't happened for two months.
Speaker 4: Okay, a little more from Lucas and then fill in some of the gaps here.
Speaker 2: This is a man we are into. We really are into a different phase. I think the.
Speaker 3: US naval blockade has now been in effect for more than twenty four hours, forcing at least two commercial vessels to reverse course. With Iranian ports now closed, US officials estimate the return of this economic strangulation will cost Iran more than four hundred million dollars per day.
Speaker 4: Okay, good, And hopefully that strangles him, and that that seems to me to be pretty much our only hope at this point that the regime collapses, that they're closer than it looks to collapse and they finally fall apart because they've been strangled and.
Speaker 1: Are taken over by more reasonable voices. Well, I don't know what would happen when the people rise up.
Speaker 4: No idea what happens once the regime collapses, as we saw with the Arab Spring, or throughout all of history. You never have any idea what's gonna come. Sometimes it's something worse, right, you never know. But back to the current situation. So we bombed the crap out Iran yesterday for seven hours, took a little break, then came back with another ninety minute of bombing and just keep pummeling them. But according to the Wall Street Journal, the Pentagon has been telling Trump that ain't gonna do it. In terms of opening the straight back up, for instance, the President could up the ante with This is the Wall Street Journal talking to people in the Pentagon and sources close to the president. The President could up the ante with close escorts of traffic using American warships. Experts estimate it could take two ships to escort a single tanker, or a dozen for each convoy. Navy officers warn Iranian drones and anti ship missiles have the potential to turn the area into a killbox for US forces if we try to do that, though, he that's with you just run ships through there. In terms of taking over the strait, like actually taking it over, and they quote somebody saying, if we're going to open the strait, we need to take this strait. That would be a land invasion. At the extreme end of it, Trump has the option of a large and costly ground operation to seize the territory around the waterway, whose rocky shores present unique challenges that would require many thousands of troops in the operation.
Speaker 2: That would likely take many months.
Speaker 4: The paramilitary Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps has one hundred and ninety thousand troops along with the country's regular army, and specializes in fights against better armed foes. A ground operation on Iran's coastline would leave us tree extremely vulnerable to attacks from the country's rear and would be very difficult.
Speaker 2: This would be like a rack in two thousand and five.
Speaker 4: Sort of battle at that point, many thousands of troops, long war, lots of casualties to open up a strait that was open before we started. Now you said we got, we got. Some people thought we're being too negative on this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but again I don't They didn't make the context declaire.
Speaker 2: What's what's the positive thing on this?
Speaker 4: Give me the most rosy scenario you can come up with at this point.
Speaker 2: You know how many.
Speaker 4: Ships went through our route of the strait yesterday after Trump declared it open.
Speaker 2: Zero zero ships.
Speaker 4: Zero ships went through the waterway that we have declared is open.
Speaker 2: Let me read this very negative.
Speaker 1: It starts with zero and it grows from there. Well, let me let me give you the side. I'll quote the administration. We've sunk their Navy to the bottom of the sea. We've totally decimated their defenses. They got no air force, So there you go. Well, they're continuing to take pot shots at ships. I shouldn't call them pot shots because twelve sailors have been killed or missing so far, and ships have stopped going through, So those aren't just bot shots.
Speaker 2: They have been very effective shots.
Speaker 4: Tuesday morning, US Forces radio to message to ships gathered near the waterway.
Speaker 2: These are the oil tankers that are waiting there, trying to figure out can we go through or not? Is it open or not? What's going on here?
Speaker 4: US Forces are prepared to maintain freedom of navigation and safeguard lawful commerce in accordance with international law. The military set over marine radio. According to a recording reviewed by The Wall Street Journal, the southern route of the Strait remains open. At least one boat responded with f off. One sailor is heard responding via the ship's radio, wow, and again zero ships went through.
Speaker 1: Tell you what on Captain Joe's ship, I would radio back, we would be delighted to be the eleventh ship to go through.
Speaker 2: You let me know when the first ten are through. Yeah, yeah, no kidding.
Speaker 1: All it takes to close the straight is the threat, and the IRGC has gone far beyond that.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize the RAGC.
Speaker 4: Has still has one hundred and ninety thousand troops plus the regular army, yeah, plus whoever, what other other.
Speaker 2: Rol militias would join in.
Speaker 4: Nothing would bring them all together, Like you know, ten thousand marines on the beach.
Speaker 1: Well, and to send ten thousand would be you know, monumentally stupid.
Speaker 2: It would have to be hundreds of thousands.
Speaker 1: You have to apply overwhelming force, or your Vladimir Putin just sending your guys to death. We need to sweep over them and defeat them so quickly and decisively that nobody dares lift up a pea shooter to us.
Speaker 2: That's the only strategy.
Speaker 1: So you're looking at an enormous, enormous you know, not quite D Day maybe, but an enormous force.
Speaker 4: One official from the Pentagon told the Wall Street Journal that, as I said earlier, at the end of the day, if Trump wants to take control of the Straits, he'll need to take over the Straits. But he's not going to be able to reach that objective with the force he has now. So even with all those ships, and we keep hearing about we got fifty thousand troops in the area. According to this official, that's not even close to the amount of manpower you need if you're actually going to try to take the strait and force it open. There is no scenario where the American public is on board with that.
Speaker 1: No, So the only other alternative, I think, realistically, is to bring such combination military from above pain and economic pain that you remove their will to resist. Given the IRGCS, we get all the food and energy first, those poor people can starve. We don't care. We'll shoot them. Hell, we'll starve them anytime. Given that fact, how much economic pain we will have to cause for how long to get them to sincerely come to the negotiating table ready to submit?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine how much it well and literally, I can't imagine how much it might be less than I think, but it's an open question.
Speaker 2: Nobody knows.
Speaker 4: My pushback against my pushback after this a ord from our friends at Rough Greens. Your dog's food is probably okay, but it's missing a lot of the things that keep dogs healthy and happy and energetic long into their lives. Rough Greens is America's number one dog supplement, packed with live probiotics, enzymes, omega oils, and over twenty vitamins and minerals, all natural, made in the US of A. I love the maide in the USA thing. There's a lot of stuff out there that ain't and this is made and it's very very popular Roughgreens and you can try it for nothing.
Speaker 2: How do you like that?
Speaker 4: Get a free jumpstart trial bag today? You just cover the shipping. You go to Roughgreens dot com and use the discount code Armstrong.
Speaker 1: Roughgreens a spell? Are you ff as if the dogs were typing it charming? Are uffgreens dot com? Use that discount code Armstrong. Again, you just cover the shipping. You pay nothing for your starter back. Roughgreens dot Com use the discount code Armstrong. Rough Greens makes any dog food better Wolf.
Speaker 4: All the stuff we just said about the strait and the sticky situation where in is all true, but.
Speaker 2: The ultimate point still remains.
Speaker 4: And I wish every Republican that's asked about it on a TV show would would say this.
Speaker 2: We'll say to the.
Speaker 4: Christian Walker on Meet the Press or Margaret Brandan on Facination, ask them, Are you okay with a Ran having a nuclear weapon?
Speaker 2: Mmm?
Speaker 4: Because that's the question, are you okay with Iran having a nuclear weapon?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: Then what would you I'm going to assume that we're in agreement that Iran can't have a nuclear weapon. That would probably be the worst day in world history. That it's really really bad, and and and it's just it's just a no go okay if we're an agreement on that, what's your suggestion?
Speaker 1: Nobody, that's what they would say.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, that doesn't work. It had run its course already. That's just the damn I don't know, you know we have in the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: But oh no, I'm not saying that's my point of view. That's what Margaret Brennan would say. Then she'd show you a little bit of calf hmm.
Speaker 4: Iran can't have a nuclear weapon, period? What are you going to do about it? And so I heard somebody bringing up the whole war a choice thing. This was a war, a choice of war choice. I would like this rhetorical conversation to occur where you say, at what point, so we're in agreement Iran can't have a nuclear weapon? Do you agree they were trying to get a nuclear weapon. I think we're all in agreement on that they were trying to get a nuclear weapon. How close they were you can argue about that, but they were trying to get a nuclear weapon. At what point in their process of them getting a nuke does it stop being a war of choice? You tell me, at what point is it no longer a war of choice? Once they've got it, when they're an hour away? I mean, when when is it no longer a war of choice? Is there such a thing? Or is the whole war a choice thing? A stupid rhetorical instrument. Well, it's absolutely that. That's some good devil's advocating right there.
Speaker 2: I'm glad. I would love to hear something if I was on the other side of it. I don't know what I would say.
Speaker 4: What are you gonna say to when does it stop being a war of choice? If it's a war of choice? If we're an agreement that they're trying to get a nuke and they can have it.
Speaker 1: Well you get again, though, they would go to their fantasy that you can negotiate Iran out of wanting a nuke, and you can't bridge that Gulf with them. I mean, I would love the exercise because the American people could make the judgment themselves, having heard an honest discussion of the salient points as opposed to never ending discussion of the strait, which is now undeniably a salient point. But it's not the original one. But you're never going to convince him. So at the beginning to Meet the Press, Margaret Brennan has shown in a variety of poses, and the final two shots or her in front of Lincoln Memorial. The second to last shot is a fairly reasonable one of her and her short skirtain well her medium skirt in or spike heels. But then the very last shot she turns, looks away demurely like turns her thigh towards you. Every time I watch it, I think, what what?
Speaker 2: What? What am I about to watch here? Does the rest come off? Is she kind of into me? Or what?
Speaker 4: I don't need sex?
Speaker 2: Pot newswomen?
Speaker 1: Of course you know that Fox News the infamous a leg chair at Fox News shiny shiny legs.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: To wrap this up, we don't want some hairy legged woman telling me the unemployment numbers.
Speaker 4: No way if vice president of the United States. I honestly don't know what I would do, Because I would do I would expend all political capital to keep Iran from getting a nuclear weapon. I don't care if I go down in history as whatever. Iran's not getting a nuke on my watch.
Speaker 2: But I don't know what I would do at this point.
Speaker 1: Uh, economic pressure and bombings and hope, hope they give in, I honestly don't falls or they give in and come to the table in a serious way, all right.
Speaker 4: If you have any thoughts text line four one five two nine five.
Speaker 5: KFTC got a call about an hour ago from someone claiming to be from fraud protection at my bank, and they said, listen, we suspect that people are trying to illegally withdraw money from your account. And then she said, what we need you to do in order to intercept these fraudsters is to go it too the bank and withdraw everything from your bank account. Take it with you so you have it in cash, and that'll trigger the fraudsters into action.
Speaker 2: That's how we'll be able to catch them.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 5: The most scary and the dangerous part is that I would have been walking around with thousands of dollars in cash and then they either rob.
Speaker 2: Your car or they rob you.
Speaker 4: If that guy so I saw that presented the other day as this guy, he almost fell for it, and you could too, if you almost fell for somebody calling me on the phone saying you need to go to the bank and take out all your money and meet me in the park and carry it around for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Yeah, I've heard of better scams than that. I get semi regularly the hey, somebody has made a purchase on your credit card. If this was not you, please you know, contact us. Here's the link. And boy, I'll bet those I'll bet they're batting average for that scam is pretty good.
Speaker 4: Well, how about if it's see I click on those, If it's I made that purchase at that place yesterday, I think there's no way fraudsters know that, do they?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, if it's that specific, that's fine. But often it's your Amazon package or oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: And it's easy if you're like in a hurry and kind of tired or whatever to just oh crap, you know, you're expecting something from UPS and it's been.
Speaker 2: Delayed held up at the border whatever.
Speaker 4: Oh crap and then you yeah, right, I haven't, but I could see doing it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Speaking of spending money in buying dinosaur bones, news Softhebies sold a Tyrannosaurus rex fossil for fifty point one million dollars.
Speaker 4: Cool?
Speaker 2: How big? How big was it? As hell?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Let's see full.
Speaker 1: It's a full skelet, practically a full skeleton, twelve and a half foot tall t rex.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 4: If I was a billionaire, I'd absolutely spend my fifty million on having an actual t rex skeleton.
Speaker 2: In my living room.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, if I had billions, I would absolutely have spent fifty million dollars on a t rex? Are getting every mail in America has the same answer?
Speaker 2: Or versely, all of us.
Speaker 4: We when we were in Santa Fe, there's a great fossil store there where you can buy all kinds of stuff, and it ranges from a couple hundred dollars to I think the most expensive thing he had was like eighty grand or something. But man, I was looking at some of that stuff, I'm thinking that'd be cool to have. Yeah, just tell magnates. Putting the world in perspective and time and everything, it's just.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, Plus, it's a giant lizard's bones.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 1: One of your big hotel magnates started to in effect a fossil museum. And it's in a hotel in Savannah, Georgia. I can't remember which, if it's High At or Hilton or whatever, one of the Hilton's or one of the Super Eights, the Super eight family. Yes, it's quite amazing. It does put everything into perspective. But anyway, so fifty million dollars topping record set in recent years. The previous record holder at forty four point six million dollars, Jack had been a stegosaurus herbivore plays a vegan dinosaur A dinosaur plays what?
Speaker 2: Sorry? Being a parody? I don't know.
Speaker 1: The record continues a trend of climbing prices for dinosaur bones.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that is so cool. I wish I had a t Rex.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's on vacation. I almost bought some pretty expensive dinosaur bones.
Speaker 1: What about spending ten thousand dollars for a really good replica of one?
Speaker 2: Would you do that the real thing?
Speaker 4: I'd rather have a tiny, little real bone than a really big fake one like a t rex.
Speaker 2: Pinky bone. Yeah, little tomb a tooth or something. I think it was a tooth. I was actually look at him by Huh Armstrong and getty.
Speaker 4: Electric cars did not work out for American auto manufacturers. That story among other things on the way, yeah.
Speaker 1: Including it's clear that the Democratic Party has completely lost his mind and is in the group in the grips of leftist lunatics. And you know who thinks that non leftist lunatics who are Democrats? Right, they're getting more and more vocal about, hey, we gotta nip this in the bud.
Speaker 2: But you know, day before yesterday.
Speaker 1: Like the Bill Maher crowd right right, and and a lot younger sane folks too, I mean they've observed just and this is a for instance. Then we'll come back to this later, but in like what was this about nineteen ninety five, around two thousand, the percentage of Democrats that described themselves as very liberal was about twenty four percent.
Speaker 2: It's now sixty percent.
Speaker 1: And the percentage that describes himself as moderate has gone from like forty eight percent to thirty two percent. So it is just really really swinging left. But again, more on that to come. Here's something we're bad at as a country, and I am bad at personally following up in demanding accountability Bill off stuff. Yeah, my vertical leap. My vertical leap is sad, always has been too. I remember I remember playing shortstopped in third base in high school baseball, and line drive had come my way that I had to jump for, and I think, no problem, got this, And I would leap up and there would be the ball in the outfield and I'd be like, what the hell happened? I just had to get like six inches in the air. I time I jump. Fine, I'm confident out here. I know I couldn't do. I realized I can't jump. I have like I should be getting government money for white Man's disease because I got it bad.
Speaker 2: Anyways, Where was money for lack of hops? I didn't realize that. Well, there should be if there was any justice anyway.
Speaker 1: One thing we're bad at in this country and I am personally is following up and demanding accountability for really bad stuff that happened a little while ago. The Jack Smith case, the guy who was examining looking at Trump and what was he Russian collusion and all?
Speaker 2: What was Jack Smith's purview?
Speaker 1: Is he the uh that's funny, I don't even remember that the precise it was investigating Trump and company for something.
Speaker 4: I don't remember which of the many investigations there was, no, Yeah, there are second many of them. I'll chat gpt that while you're talking.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, But he did some stuff that was incredibly untoward. And I found my and you're about to hear about it, and I found myself thinking, Yeah, there's more urgent stuff to talk about, more exciting stuff to talk about.
Speaker 2: That's how you get corrupt.
Speaker 1: Government if there's no repercussions for this stuff. So in that spirit, we give you indictment.
Speaker 2: Oh, do you have it?
Speaker 4: Jack Smith appointed a special council, blah blah blah, the twenty twenty election interference, Oh, the January sixth investigation, that's right, the Juary right, and also the mar Algo classified documents one which right, Trump had less legs to stand on in that one.
Speaker 2: Definitely.
Speaker 1: Well before I so rudely interrupted myself, I was going to say, we bring you the indictment. The prosecution of Jack Smith hit at Michael.
Speaker 6: There were a whole lot of angry lawmakers on Capitol Hill today after it was revealed that former special Council. Jackson Myth allegedly collected and read the personal text messages of more than forty members of Congress, including some Democrats, during his probe of President Trump. Now, this revelation coming out after the Senate Judiciary Committee chairman says the Justice Department turned over the list of names to his office on Tuesday, and today he addressed it.
Speaker 2: Jacksmith's operation was a runaway political train that improperly obtained congressional information.
Speaker 1: Boy and Chuck Grassley would know a runaway train. Also the Johnstown flood in the Civil War. He drove the Golden spike so right exactly, back to the back to the meat of the matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, not only was this investigatory malfeasans, but an incredible incursion by Biden's executive branch into the legislative branch in a way that is really unholy. Bill Malugen continues.
Speaker 6: Grassley says that forty four members of Congress had their text messages with Trump administration officials in the final weeks of his first presidency swept up and analyzed during the Arctic Frost investigation, and Republicans on that list are outraged.
Speaker 2: Not to get so outrageous. I mean, at this point, I I may as well, just I may as well just give all of you my phone. It's disgusting, and she shows you exactly what the bid administration was. Well, Republicans are outraged.
Speaker 4: Yesterday's reporting was lots of people were outraged because he was looking at Karen Bass's private correspondence. I mean, he got Democrats too. That's one of the things with these special councils is they have so much leeway to spy on people. That's how you ended up, and that's how it ends up being a fishing expedition. So often, that's how you ended up with what's his name back in the day with Clinton and the impeachment when it originally it was the whole Whitewater land deal, but then he came across, you know, emails that involved an affair, so we went after that.
Speaker 2: That's what's scary about these things. Yeah, I would agree.
Speaker 1: Forty four members had their text messages swept up nineteen forty four by coincidences, eleven years after Chuck Grassley was born.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I just looked it up. Holy callosy old. Anyway. Final shot of Bill Malugin on Fox news.
Speaker 6: And some Republicans are now even accusing Jack Smith of perjury after he gave this testimony to Congress under oath last December. The records that he requested, the records there's the Congress include the content of text messages.
Speaker 2: I think he probably ought to be referred for criminal prosecution. He lied to Congress about it. Yeah, it's just it's it's we can't have this. And then Chuck Grassley yelled, remember the main.
Speaker 7: How do we have in a position of leadership, a very guy important position of a leadership, A guy who is old enough to understand what was happening around him during the Great Depression?
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, right, it's what It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, A young man who grew up being told not to make loud noises around World War One vets because it was so recent.
Speaker 2: What the hell? Anyway, So I'm losing the thread here. I remember the me so I thought it was interesting yesterday.
Speaker 4: I never did read the whole piece about the political civil war that's going on in the Democratic Party of whether or not impeaching Trump is a good idea or not. If they if to me when they take the House of Representative, I just assumed, like week one, they're going to impeach Trump over something, uh, cryptocurrency or who knows what. But apparently a lot of Democrats say, no, no, no, that's we're gonna get all bogged down. We're not gonna be able to accomplish any of the things we want to accomplish, and voters want, you know, affordability or whatever things they're voting for us for. We immediately go to impeachment and we haven't done any of those things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, such as afraid, which is a pretty decent point.
Speaker 4: Then you get to the next election, which is a presidential election, and all you've done for two years is impeached Trump for the third.
Speaker 2: And fourth time.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, even the Wall Street journal is pointing out the billions of dollars Trump and his family are making from him being in the presidency.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, there's some grist for the mill there. I don't know, though. Here's an interesting about this.
Speaker 4: Hardly anybody hates Trump more than the Dispatch as a news outlet. They did an entire podcast last week while you were on vacation about all this different stuff.
Speaker 2: They didn't come up with anything illegal. It's all looks bad. You shouldn't do it. I'm no president has done it before, but they haven't come up with anything it's illegal. And that's the Dispatch who hates him.
Speaker 4: If they could, they would, They're like, yeah, I'm not sure he did anything that he shouldn't have done. If people want to invest in a meme coin, which is kind of ridiculous on its face because Trump's name is on it, and go for it.
Speaker 2: If you want to sell crappy watches.
Speaker 1: That's not against the law, right, right, It is untoward, but not illegal. Well, and I totally get the Democrats point about that they will be so easily branded as the party of nothing but investigations and impeachment. They're right, speaking of the Democrats war with themselves. Got some more interesting statistics and opinions for you coming up in a couple of minutes, including that fake doctor in Michigan who's running for the US Senate.
Speaker 2: He said novout Islamist, Oh yeah, yes, absolutely, and is Lomist.
Speaker 4: Well, he is the person we played the had the clips of this when he was in the debate against the normal Democrat.
Speaker 2: Who he might be. He doesn't believe Israel should exist, and that's what he said on a.
Speaker 4: Debate stage and not like, you know, kind of getting around it from a weird angle and you kind of figure out what he needs to No, he states out loud, Israel should not exist. I believe in one state Palestine. That's what he's running on. And he might become a US senator. Yea, how crazy is that?
Speaker 8: Dad?
Speaker 1: Big supporter of terrorists too? Absolutely documented?
Speaker 2: Wow, Yeah, I want to hear more about that. Stay tune.
Speaker 9: That series says, Messy drive again, stop pitch time Godina.
Speaker 4: So I was just reading one soccer writer saying that assist from MESSI should be in a museum with its own mistplay.
Speaker 2: Right right, with like three dimensional graphics and the rest of it.
Speaker 6: You see.
Speaker 4: I love when they give different angles. So you know, there's the angle you got watching on TV. But some of the Twitter stuff, people in the stands or whatever, it's just freaking unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was an amazing game and Argentinea is incredible and I'm rooting hard for him. If you didn't hear us talking about this earlier, it is almost like.
Speaker 2: Hokey.
Speaker 1: How perfect a metaphor that game was for the respective countries Argentina, which is just thrown off socialism and embraced the free market, and Javier Mile is achieving amazing things for the Argentine people.
Speaker 2: Is dynamic, creative, never say Die.
Speaker 1: And then the Brits, who have thrown all of that away in favor of a socialist dystopia and politically correct free speech nightmare got ahead, won nothing, just went into like this socialist.
Speaker 2: Fetal position and didn't explore anymore.
Speaker 1: They didn't create anymore, They didn't take chances, they didn't have fun. They just thought we just got to keep what we got and hand it out equally to everybody.
Speaker 2: And they got their ass whooped. They retired at age fifty.
Speaker 1: If you will, I will so anyway, I happen to be sitting in an establishment and some of my friends came in and were discussing the game, and two or three of the four said, yeah, the game's just so boring. Soccer's so boring. And I wasn't gonna bother then. But I went home and watched the second half of England Argentina, and I actually tried this for five minutes. I explained what they were doing. Allowed I was alone, that's not crazy at all. Well, no, I was just because I would if they walk up in the room get a net.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful, full, exciting sport if you understand it. And I found myself thinking about I happen to know that at least one of the couples, actually both of the couples are huge football fans. If you don't understand football, gaining four yards on your first down, play on your own twenty five is boring.
Speaker 2: Who cares? Oh, football fan cares, because.
Speaker 1: Getting four yards on the first down, it's a pretty good start opens up a number of options for second down. This will be I wonder if it'll go with the runner of the pass, blah blah blah. And soccer is the same way if you have it explained to you. All right, here's what they're trying to do. Look how they're forming that triangle. He's going to go back to that guy because they're trying to free up that guy. Look they went to them. They're trying to set up a cross from that. Once you know what they're doing and see them doing it, why do they go backwards so much? It's because the defense was controlling the movement of the ball. They had to regroup, so the offense the attack was controlling the movement of the ball.
Speaker 2: Understand that stuff. It's fun.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I mentioned the other day that I feel like the announcers did a good job of dumbing it down enough that I finally understood some of us some of it, which made it more exciting. Like in the NBA, I get double and triple teams. I had never really noticed that in soccer, but they showed how some of the star players, like Messi does this all the time. He can get three guys on him because he's so good, and then all of a sudden, they got that many fewer dudes out there to you know, defend anybody else. He draws three people over to him and then he kicks it over their head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and sometimes they've got a guy practically in his shirt the entire game, which would drive you insane.
Speaker 2: Dude, the ball's way over there. Can you give me a little personal space? Anyway? This is not really sports. The I fell for this.
Speaker 4: The Buffalo Bills have just released their new logo for the upcoming season. Okay, teams do this all the time, change their logos and gear and stuff like this to sell more stuff. It's their usual helmet. But the buffalo has got the old man flying in the air.
Speaker 2: In front of it. That is funny. That is I mean, my son and I were talking about this.
Speaker 4: It looks like a I it's like a cartoon, the way the old guy goes up in the air and like.
Speaker 2: Flips over kind of slowly. It really it looks like it has to be fake, but it's it's real.
Speaker 8: I go fast, I go buffer right, buff of grass in the buffer smoke. I've got buffer bars, I've got buffer flow. I'm a buffer star. I'm a buffer buffo buffo.
Speaker 2: Ah right, ah right. So that's a meme of some sort. Is that correct? Apparently? Ma may some people pronounce it while they should stop.
Speaker 4: Uh, you're going to talk about that guy running for the Senate in Michigan as a Islamo fascist communist.
Speaker 1: Yes, we have islamiunists running for and winning office, Mamdani, handful of congressional would be, well, they'll probably win because they're in a heavily democratic district, and we'll bring you some of the particular So also the panic, it's been fairly quiet so far. It was like a lot of the establishment Republicans hated the Tea Party movement, which has been brutally mischaracterized and continues to be still. But it was fairly quiet because you don't want to be ripping in your own party. Well, there is frantic concern on the left about the far left, so we'll combine those two things for a bit of analysis. Also, we ought to take a look at this beautiful flower of Canadian womanhood. This crazy biachu slapped down a teenager at the Jersey Shore for wearing Trump gear.
Speaker 4: She and her husband are kooks. No, I mean like satanic pervo kooks. You assaulted someone because they're wearing the other team's political gear. Yeah, that makes you crazy on its face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it absolutely does.
Speaker 4: Speaking of politics, let me shoehorn this in here. I've got so notes still about the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of this country that I never got to I took so much stuff.
Speaker 2: So good. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Anyway, We've talked about this before, but it's amazing every time I come across it. On the fourth of July seventeen seventy six, the age of our founding fathers, TJ was thirty three when he wrote the Declaration of Independence. Alexander Hamilton was twenty one years old. Wow, we're a child.
Speaker 2: Does your mom know you're trying to overthrow a country? Oh? James Madison was twenty five. James Madison was twenty five years old.
Speaker 1: G money.
Speaker 4: John Adams was the old guy. If you watch the mini series, which is fantastic, he was all of forty. George Washington was forty four, John Hancock thirty nine, Patrick Henry forty, Thomas Payne thirty nine.
Speaker 2: These were a lot of young men. Ben Franklin, no.
Speaker 1: Wonder they respected Washington so much. Holy cow forty six.
Speaker 4: Here's my favorite line from the John Adams series that I'd forgotten from Benjamin Franklin. I believe in moderation, and I think any man who doesn't believe in my moderation ought to be castrated.
Speaker 2: Barbaric, hilarious, the great Ben Franklin. That's right.
Speaker 4: We've got a lot more in an hour four. If you ever missed a segment of the show, gets the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 2: You should subscribe Armstrong and Getty