Speaker 1: Oh oh, now we got another champion. Harry Els. He's seventeen and two thirteen wins by koe WBA Weal toweight champion won the title in twenty twenty five. Previously held the super lightweight champion from twenty three to twenty four and the WBA inter Lightweight Champion from twenty twenty twenty twenty one. He defeated Ryan Garcia last year by unanimous decision. Harry Roy, Romero, Roley, How you doing good?
Speaker 2: I'm chillingly.
Speaker 3: How's everything?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: Where you're at right now?
Speaker 2: I'm in Vegas?
Speaker 3: In Vegas. I mean, I'm gonna start. I want to start off early. What do we have lined up? Obviously we're excited last fight against Ryan Garcia. You handled Binness, You did what you need to do. Do you have anything lined up for this year for us to see mister Axon Jackson Rowley.
Speaker 1: In the ring this year?
Speaker 2: Well, I think we have Devin lined up from May at the end of May, so, I mean, you know, I mean, there's been a whole week now and they're still trying to go back and don't want to sign the contract. But I mean, but it's looking like they will it's looking like they will.
Speaker 1: What what what way we find that forty forty seven?
Speaker 2: It'd be us unifying belts, the WBA and the w BO.
Speaker 1: So you want two bells, you ain't satisfied with one?
Speaker 2: Nah? You know I'm happy with anything.
Speaker 3: Matter of fact, he speaking of the bells, Rodie, How do you feel about the sanctioned fees? Is it okay with you? Are you worried about where the money is going?
Speaker 2: But I'm perfectly final, pays. Let me explain to you with sanction fees, because everyone got this whole misconception of sanctioninge fees like they bet right? Okay, So let's say the WBO, the w b A, the WBC and the IBF they all have people that work for them and all the stuff, right, So how are they paying for people to come over here and bring the people so they can bring the bells and the sanction fights? Like? But all this stuff adds up, right?
Speaker 1: You run this.
Speaker 2: It's a business like everything else. Okay, it's a business like everything else. Everyone has an overhead.
Speaker 1: You can't you.
Speaker 2: Have this for free?
Speaker 1: Right? So you don't have a problem playing the sacty thief because you understand to run a business. It takes money and you're in.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing too, I mean, you know, and like specific fighters like you know, like like they you know, they refuse to pay it, pay it, right, But you also got to realize this, right, You got to think about it like this too. Whether twelve divisions in boxing for like males right, I'm not even gonna come females right now, will do it, but there there's a certain amount of divisions right right, right, And for each one of those belts, there's a sanctioning fee, right obviously, right, So somebody's not If somebody's not paying a sanctioning fee, that's the money that that that they're not receiving for their company. You gotta think about it like that. On top of that too, we fight for world we fight to be world titles, but we fight to be world champion. So you you you you you need you need to And on top of that too, people la common sense. You can negotiate better fight persons when you have a belt. Not without a belt, you don't make you don't you don't make money without you don't make money without a belt unless you're like you know, have a fan base from YouTube or something like that, like you know, like Jake Paul or other influencers and stuff like that. Right, but you need you need a belt to make money. You're having a belt makes you more money, right or wrong?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: You got to pay the play, right, Yeah you do.
Speaker 3: Are there are there any fighters that you think are a draw that the people want to see that don't have a belt.
Speaker 2: They don't have a belt or or that they haven't had a belt yet.
Speaker 3: Whether they haven't had a belt yet or maybe they lost their belt, but they're still a draw.
Speaker 2: So even if I mean, I mean there's so many fighters, you know, like I said, I mean Canelo doesn't have a belt and canelos a draw all okay, you know, but you're giving me like a lot of like brother, Like there's a lot we could say the whole heavyweight division.
Speaker 3: Everybody's not draw every about feeling No.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I'm saying, like brother, there's so many heavyweights there draw. Tyson Fury doesn't have a belt and he's a draw. Right, So so it's like fighters that never had a belt.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think if you've had a belt and you no longer have one, you can still beat I mean I.
Speaker 2: Mean great example, Jake Paul, Yeah, I mean there there there's like I said, I mean, still regardless, it's still very premature, you know for a lot of fighters too, you know, like for instance, like I said, there, I could start naming prospects boom boom, boom boom, and like it's you know, but there's no fun in all that. Like I said, I mean, there's a there's a lot of fighters that be a draw.
Speaker 1: We just had. Of course, Stevenson on he said the you know, hey, he looked at hey. He looking for anybody for thirty five forty forty seven. What's up? I mean you you you you've gone on record, you've gone on record rolling it's say, man's boring.
Speaker 2: He no, no, no, no, no, let let me tell you like this right, Okay is an incredible fighter. He's a very talented fighter. It's unfortunate that you know that stylistically they're not very entertaining fights. But it doesn't take the I mean, dude, dude, a great fighter. Like you can't you can't say yes, you can't say that he's not.
Speaker 1: He's a great fighter, but stylistically his style is not appealing to.
Speaker 2: Well, no, it's not appealing to it. Really, anyone in boxing like casuals. It's not appealing. And the people that pay for boxing are casuals.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm a purist. I'm not a casual and I enjoyed because I'm understanding what I'm actually watching.
Speaker 1: Are they more pierced or casual? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm not worried abou everybody else. I'm telling you me when I watched the sport, I don't really.
Speaker 2: Consider casuals boxing fans. I consider purist boxing fans. Know that people just watch boxing all the time.
Speaker 4: But like casuals will list whatever the top fighter is and just watch that fight, you know, but those are the ones that pay the money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm one that watches everybody fight. Yeah okay, well yeah, regards of who it is. And you can't put the carriage before the horse. And talking about you know, Roly fighting Shakur, and he just said, we got Devin lined up in May, so we got to keep we got to keep the focal point.
Speaker 1: Well, he can have two fights. He can have he could have a fight in May and have another fighting.
Speaker 2: I don't think that far bro.
Speaker 3: See, I told you.
Speaker 2: Brain processing skills to be thinking about all that stuff. You know, I'm a boxer. We're not that intelligent.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this. You started out at a judo. What made you switch the just boxing and not and not stick with judo?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean the thing is, you know the way I started, right, So it was like my dad tried to make me boxes kid. My dad was a boxer. He tried to make me box as a kid. My dad was a very very very very talented fighter, you know, and okay, we had you know, I doing judo, right, I didn't want to boxes my dad, my dad would you know? That was really hard on me, right, really really hard on me. So last thing I want to do. Right, So a judo place that opened up right where me and my mom were living at the time, right, So you know, we went over there and then I started doing judo and I can't stay with it because I started at nine and I ended up seventeen. Now what had happened was right, So we're watching the Olympics, or I was watching for judo and boxing came on. My dad's like, oh, like oh excited watching I'm like, bro, why are you even excited about these guys? These guys just touching each other. I don't even hit each other. They're scared of each other. And my dad's like, I don't churs no more. But so he's like, oh, you want to do this. You're scared.
Speaker 3: You're scared.
Speaker 2: You're scared, right, I'm like, man, ill whoop them. He's like, no, you're scared. So so my dad took me to the gym the very next day and I I had uh, I put my I put on the gloves. I broke some dude's nose, right, yeah, literally just wild swinging right. And I go to the gym two days later, I do the same thing. I break somebody else. Was like, hey, punch me as hart as he can right here. I'm like no, I like, you're gonna hit me, and he's like, no, punch me for I'm like, no, you're gonna hit me. He's like, no, for a punch me. I punched him both. At that moment, my dad realized, no, this dude crack, because like you know what I mean, my dadould make me like hit paths as the kids sometimes all stuff. I just barely touch it and all stuff.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: So it's like that's how that's how, that's and I was like, well, I mean, I want to do this last tournament judo, right, So I ended up doing the last tournament judo in December of twenty twelve. After that, I ended up starting boxing boxing.
Speaker 1: You mentioned earlier I was heard you. I think you was talking about it today that Floyd Mayweather was an early influence on your life, early mentor, and he probably doesn't know the influence that he had on your life. What did what did Floyd do for you? What did he mean to you?
Speaker 2: Well, first, he's the first person never took the chance on me. In reality, I signed with Floyd August twentieth, twenty sixteen. He watched me literally stop everybody in gym, and I like champs on me, and he was like, oh, Wor's something on. He gave me his number and I called him the next day. I was signed. But yeah, I mean never there. I mean just the May of the Promotion journey as it is, you know. But and even this I was, I was out of contract and I still continue to work with May of the Promotions for another My contract ended in twenty nineteen. At the end of twenty nineteen, and I stayed with May with the Promotions for another four years or so. So I mean, that's that's how much. That's how much Maywe promotions went to me regardless, though. I mean another thing too. I mean I was homeless. I you know, I told you my pops was hard on me.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: My dad kicked me out the house because I broke my hand, right, And and I so, you know, I just go cout surfing one day. I stayed with a girl.
Speaker 1: One day.
Speaker 2: I go stay over there at the friend's house one day where I'd be like four in the morning, I'd be stuck in the street. I'll just sleep in the street.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It was like that for about a month and a half, right, and about at about two k at the start of it, right, And I remember my mom gambled her money. I didn't give my mom a thousand bucks and should pay around all stuff. Right. I didn't tell my mom any situation I was in because I was in I never really talked about my problems before. And I start dating this girl. She said she cann buy my mid car and all stuff.
Speaker 3: Right, you know, she want you a car, She said she can buy my car, you know.
Speaker 2: And so I got like forty bucks left at this point, right, and like now I'm just like freaking out right, and I'm like, hey, I go to her house. I'm like, yo, I need this car. I don't got no money. She's like, well, I don't got money. I'm like, okay, well I need to give me some money because I don't got money.
Speaker 1: She's like no.
Speaker 2: But so with me being me, I curse her out and I leave and I go on, and I had uh.
Speaker 1: I go.
Speaker 2: I go back to my dad's house right, and my dad in the summer right, he done. He didn't keeps the door open. And he keeps the door because horder inside. I was oounsid you don't put on a c you know them cubans. And I go inside. My dad grind as a baseball bat. He tells me if I go inside, he's gonna beat me. And so I curse him out and I leave, and Bro, you know people, I cursed out a lot of people.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't curse no more. I don't curse no more.
Speaker 1: But I go.
Speaker 2: I go to cashman Field right bright, and I've never in my whole life have been more angry. And I'm like, bro, I'm mad, Bro, I've never been so mad. In my life. And then I start to cry mm hmm, and I I hear, tell me what's wrong. I'm like freaking, I'm looking around. I'm like who's there. I'm like, hey, I hear him again, tell me what's wrong. It was God speaking to me. I never, you know, I never was in the church or anything, and you know, I never pray, none of that stuff, you know. And it was like I heard God's audible voice. So I told him everything that had happened. I told about my hand being broken. I told about my dad he was acting. I told about my mom gambling my mind. I told about that girl. I told him I had no car. I told him how I want to be champion. I told him how I hadn't talked to my sister in a year. I told him about my niece Toy. I was gonna take her to the choir and I promised her that she was two at the time. I told him about everything that I had no money. I told him about everything that happened in my life. He tells me, everything's going to be all right, just go home. So there is now eleven forty five. On July thirty first of twenty seventeen, I started walking home and the first person I see is my sister, who I hadn't spoken to in a year. I hadn't seen her in months. Wow, I walk up on her in the middle of the night. She's taken some melitonian. She didn't even remember speaking to me. I walked up on her. I just and she got scared and I was like, no, it's me. I give her a hug. I tell her I love her and I miss her. She go inside her boyfriend's house. At the time, I keep walking home. I didn't even know she was I didn't even know she was dating the dude. And that's how long it's been said I talked to her.
Speaker 1: I go.
Speaker 2: My dad still has a door open. I walk up the stairs. I felt an angel holding me go up the stairs. I stayed up that whole night thing when I was getting me with a baseball bag, you know, and he went up about two am.
Speaker 1: I with proarbtly.
Speaker 2: About four am. I wake up. My dad already left the house. It was probably about noon now, and I'm like, well, what do I do. The only thing I know I do is train, So I pack a gym bag and I take with the last bit of money. I had the last fordy, but I took an uber to the subway across the street from Floyd's gym. I bought a subway sandwich. I ate the subway sandwich, and I walked across street, across street to the gym. I put on my headphones.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I don't talk to nobody that day. I just go in there. The shadowbox guys couldn't hit anything. I walk out. Floyd walk right past me, just like this, pop bob bah right. I walk into the dressing room. I didn't even say hi to him, and I change my clothes. I go outside and Rafael Garcia's old Cutman's right there, and I'm like, Rafa, I think my hand's broken. He touches it all stuff where He's like, it's not broken. I'm like, well, why I want to heel Brisbee. It's been about two months now, brodwarn heel, and he's like, take green mental alcohol and ice and mix it and just ice it every day like that for three weeks and don't hit with it no matter where. I'm like, okay. I go to stand up. He grasps my shirt and pulls me back down, and I'm like why he's like you'll see. Literally thirty seconds later, Floyd walks right past me into his rolls Royce and I look at the and he looks at the side of you mirror and he's like, Champ, come here. I'm like, what's up, Champ. He's like, write down your name. You give me his phone and he's like, write down your name THEMB and he's like, I got you. He shakes my hand. Fifteen minutes later, his assistant calls me. He's like, really, where are you at. I'm like, I'm like, okay, stay there, I'll be there in fifteen minutes. She gives me a check for two thousand dollars, and I remember I just stood there frozen, like what like frozen, just looking at the check, like, bro, like this money is brought. This money is from God, because because there's no reason why, that's the only money Floyda editor has had ever given me. He's spoiled. You know so many other fighters in the past, you know, they all did them dirty, but that two thousand dollars I looked at right, and I'm like, there's no way. The first thing I do ra I call my mom. I'm like, mom, hey, I got some money. I wanna take Aerial to the quarium, right, So I take her to the quirm next day. That was all a second. Now the next day I had I go to Toyota dealersh I'm like, man, I'm just I'm gonna be a world champion. I'm signed to Floyd YadA, YadA, YadA, all this stuff do. They gave me a car off the lot, no interest, no down payment, know nothing. I had about fifteen hundred bucks and a brand new car. I never in my whole entire life needed money again. If if for whatever reason, I ran out of money, it was like it would fall out of the sky like bro like a side hustle would just come out of nowhere, or like you know, I'd be gifted something or or something. You know. I never needed money again in my life after that.
Speaker 3: Wow, But but.
Speaker 2: There was no reason for me to have that money. And then on top of that, you know, you throw everything else into that. I heard a mysterious voice the day before, and I am religious. I wasn't religious, right, explain that to me. Every one of my problems got solved from one day to another. Everything.
Speaker 1: So your reputation is you a hard punch and you like you you you. I mean, looking at your resume, seventeen and two thirteen wins by Ko seventy six percent of your fight, he don't. He basically don't remember a whole lot of the shot that you caught him with. Like, when you go into a fight, Roalie, tell me what's your thought process, You're like, Okay, I see some things I could take advantage of. I'm trying to I'm trying to land his power. But hell, every shot you throw a damn power. You try to get him up out of you. When your dad say you a hard puncher, when you hit him in his arm, you say you're a hard puncher. You took that to heart, and you're like, Okay, I'm trying to get you up out of here.
Speaker 2: Mm yeah, I like punch of people in the face. I remember, I remember what else? Man, dude, like bro, I joined boxing to try to hurt people. I didn't dream boxing, though, try to love people.
Speaker 3: Right hey, when it comes to boxing, right obviously, when you start any sport, when you start any craft and you put all the hard work in it, how far you along with the goal that you set in the boxing world.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, you say it again.
Speaker 3: Boxing when we start. Let's say, when I started football, I had goals that I set that I wanted to achieve. Oh you're you're still early in your career. How far along are you in those goals that you set so far?
Speaker 2: Well, I already messed up my first goal. But what was your first Why I didn't mess it up? But I mean, you know, things happened, you know, But my first goal out all I want. I wanted to go to Olympics. That's what I wanted. That was my dream. That was my dream. Yeah, but I already achieved on my other dreams. In boxing, I mean, shoot, I'm I'm a three division champion, Like what else is you know? You know what I mean? You know, five on posts, get all four belts, all stuff.
Speaker 3: You know that.
Speaker 2: That's all you know, that's all gonna come, you know, right? But but I have nineteen fights and I've been championing three divisions. There's only one other fighter in history that did that, and that's Lemon Trenco.
Speaker 3: Mmm, was nice.
Speaker 2: Tell me another fighter with three world titles in three division well less than twenty fights other than me and Loma, there isn't.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: You've been in the news a lot this week. Really, you know why you've been.
Speaker 2: I'm you know, just yeah, I don't even want to talk about it, but we're gonna have to.
Speaker 1: What what what is it about you that she feels that she can beat you? What is it about what? I mean? She looking at it like she's like, hey, what we can fight at one sixty five. I mean she's one sixty five. She says she can get down on one sixty five. Her last fight, she was the once U seventy five?
Speaker 2: What what?
Speaker 1: What is what? What is it about you really that gives her the confidence that she can beat you?
Speaker 2: I mean she's a competitor. I mean she has to be confident. I mean I never heard of anyone saying I'm gonna fight this person and lose, right, So.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, we don't normal women don't normally say you know what, I'm gonna fighter A woman fighter doesn't normally say you know what, I'm gonna fight a male champion fighter and I'm gonna beat him. And judo and karate and and and and and Emma, it doesn't matter tennis player, basketball player. We don't see women up. We don't see some of of the opposite sets called out somewhat and said profession that there is say yeah, Serena.
Speaker 2: Serena Williams did, and she lost to the like ranked two hundred dude.
Speaker 1: Yes, and he beat a sisteritute one beat one six one six two other six two if I'm not mistaken. But she was like, you know what, I can't beat listen, I would be honest. I can't beat the male.
Speaker 2: I just can't. Okay, Well, I say it like this, right, she believes she can beat me, and then she'll beat me.
Speaker 1: Would you fight? Would you fight?
Speaker 2: Would you have women?
Speaker 1: They got twenty million, they got a twenty million dollar person. Twenty million, you're gonna be driving no Corola. You'ren driving Corolla.
Speaker 2: I mean I don't drive any of those anymore. Anyways.
Speaker 1: I know twenty million to go along the way Land, I don't know. I don't know about you, but twenty million, that seemed like a lot of cheddar. Oh man.
Speaker 2: I don't hear women. I just don't hear women. It's not it's not even about the money. Twenty million, thirty million, one hundred million. Bro, I wouldn't sell myself to go hit a woman.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: I mean that'd be a sanction fight though, Rowley, you and I mean Roland you and you in the school, you're the square. If you're in the square. I'm telling you, she signed up for this.
Speaker 2: I know when women sign up all the time and do stupid things right and all this stuff. I'm telling you it's not in my moral compass to go hit a woman. Okay, but if she believe she can be if you believes she could beat me, she will be me.
Speaker 1: Well right, okay, So you so rolling and Devin we're looking at something around made So we're looking at something in probably around around.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you know I can't fight Devin. No either. He's a whine.
Speaker 1: You know now you know you know he's watching this right?
Speaker 2: Who cares?
Speaker 3: Are you rolling? You in camp already?
Speaker 2: No? No, I've just been chilling. I mean I'll go, I mean the thing is, I mean, I'll go hit the bag and stuff like that. But like there's there there's training, and then there's training. You understand what I mean. There's no, Yeah, absolutely, yeah, there's there's Okay, I don't want to be at home board because what am I gonna go do? I can want to eat so many hot cheetos and play video games.
Speaker 1: Right, hold on, if you talk about Fatt and Devin in May, I mean, should you be like hunkering down?
Speaker 2: I mean, shoot, I'll need some chest mix right now.
Speaker 3: Well, when it comes to it, when it comes to a fight camp, what you need two or three months?
Speaker 1: Normally? Normally two days?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he a gym rat, though he always in the gym.
Speaker 2: No, No, two days, honest, two days you need two days for for for Devin. Two days.
Speaker 1: Ahead.
Speaker 3: Hey, he say you need two days, Hey, bring me, bring me in camp new two days. I'll be a sparing partner.
Speaker 2: You got a jab on you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I probably got the best jab in the business, like Larry Holmes. Get over here, Okay, I got you, I got you, I got you.
Speaker 1: Well, we hope that, we hope this fight happened. We hope the the Devon Han fight happens in May. Look for you getting to the ring because you was very, very impressive in your last performance. You pitched the shut out. You did an unbelievable job on Ryan Garcia. Nobody. I don't think anything he expected that you did. But I don't think anybody outside of that expected that. And you did a number on him. So congratulations on that fight in o Jo and I Nightcap family, we're looking for you to get get into the square with a devine. See what's really happy?
Speaker 2: No, of course, you know, I mean, like I said, if it does happen, it'll be May thirtieth. You know, we're just waiting on some paperwork on their end.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like it. I like it. There it is. He's a former well, he's a wealthy weight champ. He's a super lightweight champ and innum lightweight champ. He defeated Ryan Garcia by unanimous decision last year. Roly Romero potentially has an upcoming fight May thirtieth against Devin Hainey. Make sure you stay tuned. Check it out. Roland, the fight happens, come back to Nightcap and tell us, like what, we can't expect the fireworks that's gonna happen because I'm assuming it's gonna be at the MGM. Let us know what's gonna go. Let's crack it. Of course, I appreciate it. Thanks for joining. I appreciate you, Bro Roleie Romero.
Speaker 3: Hey, that was dope.
Speaker 1: It might have been the most jail packed boxing.
Speaker 3: That was an enjoyable story. I mean, I was enjoyable story. It was a little long win, but still it was exciting. You know, I had some exciting parts that kept me coming back, like oh well, damn.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe. Kyler Murray would visit the Minnesota vacuums on Thursday. John Gambardaro reports a starting spot is a priority and Minnesota dust offer that and a deal that can be done in the next twenty four hours. But Murray and his camp are expected to explore several options as a backup in twenty six for teams that could need a starting quarterback in twenty seven over the next twenty four hours. One team that has shown interesting Kyla as a backup in twenty twenty six was reportedly the Rams. Now remember the Ram took Stetson Bennett a few years ago, and with Matthew Stafford on a year to year playing La could use a starter in twenty twenty seven, potentially still as an immediate starting option. O Joe, do you like the Vikings? Do you think the Vikes present the best opportunity? Now, he says, you know, the starting the priority number one is starting, but if that's not available, he would look to back up somewhere potentially and then twenty twenty seven, ship.
Speaker 3: Hey, you know good and well, if the Minnesota Vikings signed Kyler Murray, JJ McCarthy's job is over. JJ McCarthy's job is over. If he goes to the Minnesota Vikings, even with the high pick that they just picked him with two years ago, three years ago, whatever it might have been, his job is over. It's over from there. Kyler Murray's not losing. Kyler Murray's not losing that job. To God damn JAJ McCarthy.
Speaker 1: If you don't, o Joe, if what you said is true, if he goes to Minnesota and JJ McCarthy's careers over in Minnesota, it is more egregious that they think.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, listen, what what what what he what he gives to you as a dual threat and a passer and having those weapons Addison justin Jefferson Hockinson. Obviously, I'm not sure what they're gonna do with the running back position. If I'm not mistaken, I think Aaron Jones isn't there any longer. I couldn't.
Speaker 1: No, I think I think he.
Speaker 3: That's good. Listen, Kyler Murray in that offense, obviously being a dual threat, being able to run the ball with Hell, he won't have to run the ball with with with that kind of talent surrounding him, So he should be fine the Rams, the Rams, I.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: I like him. I personally lik him better than the offense over there with with Justin Jefferson Addison, as opposed to being over there in in l A with Poogo and DeVante, even though I mean, even even though they're they're they're great, but just the way that offense is run, he's better suited to me in Minnesota. I could be wrong.
Speaker 1: I agree, No, I agree, I agree, And I think it's just hard for me to see him Ojo sitting on the bench, even for a year, if I I mean, because he's been start Think about Ojo. He did sit the bench his uh his first year in Oklahoma. He backed up Baker Mayfield, then a Baker left, Baker won the Heisman. He comes right in, he wins the Heisman, and and Jalen Hurts finished second in the Heisman the following season. But being a starter in the NFL and then going somewhere, I think, if you know, okay, he goes to the Rams, he knows he's not starting over Matthew Stafford. But it's going It's hard for me to see a scenario where he goes to Minnesota. He's like, I'm gonna be the starter. He can't be here.
Speaker 3: He's not. I mean, we all know that he's definitely not. JJ McCarthy's definitely not beating Kyler Marial. If he happens to sign over there and it's the best situation for him, I mean, there's no reason to talk about any other places. I mean, I'm not sure who his representation is. I mean common sense, common sense, I mean, go over.
Speaker 1: There, Aaron. He owned this back, one year restructured deal. His base salary moved from nine million to five.
Speaker 3: I'm just I'm glady. I'm glad he is back. But it only makes sense. It only makes sense. Not only can you parlay this into multiple years if you go in, if if you go in and sign in one year and prove yourself, I mean, you fine, You're gonna be fine.
Speaker 1: What about what about the Steelers? I've tried if you see, if you if you think about it, o yo uh Geno Smith goes back to the to the New York Jets. Yes, yes, I thought that might have been a situation, Pittsburgh, you like you like Pittsburgh because I've tried to I'm trying to think.
Speaker 3: Of where he like Minnesota. Minnesota makes more sense. Now Cousins has been released and I'm mistaken. I could have sware I saw that. Yeah yeah, oh man, you got Michael Pittman Jr. Have DK metcalf Cavian Austin. The third is still there right, Yes, Greenway is the one that left Kirk Cousins. Maybe if Aaron Rodgers continues to play.
Speaker 1: Games Greenwell, Greenwell not Greenway Greenwell. Game game Weell?
Speaker 3: What do you think of? What do you think about Kirk Cousins over.
Speaker 1: In Pittsburgh? Yeah, uh, game Well went to the Bucks. I mean, I guess they're gonna use it because they got they got two backs, you know what I'm saying. Because game well, you know, he's a he can do a lot of things. He's a swints say knight. They give it to him in the backfield, they throw it to him out of the backfield, but he can also get down the field. So that's I mean. I'm surprised. I'm surprised Pittsburgh didn't try to resign him because he's one of their best offensive weapons. And when and and and and uh when DK got suspended and they couldn't have anything. He was the guy that Aaron Rodgers relied on. And Aaron Rodgers said, I'm trying to get him paid. He said, I like the kid. He's a smart kid. He can do it all. He'll block, he'll catch it, he'll run. I'm trying to get him paid. Well, Aaron couldn't. He didn't get paid. Pittsburgh didn't pay it. But someone thought saw some value in him. And that's what I tell guy. Hey, the team that you're playing for, they not only one to pay people. Thirty one other teams will pay you. So if they don't find that you have something that they can use, hey put it on tape and let somebody else pay you. Oh Joe, the Coats and Daniel Jones have agreed to a two year deal worth eighty eight million dollars that can be up to work one hundred million dollars. Jones gets fifty million dollars fully guaranteed and signing, while sixty million is guaranteed for injury. O Jo, you like this deal?
Speaker 3: Like at when he came in, he can He came in hot huh. He came in on fire. He made the coach organization look complet cletely different offensively that nobody saw coming. I didn't. I didn't see it coming. Uncle. I don't think you saw it coming. And I based everything off of high Look when he would the goddamn New York Giants, they were flashes of brilliants, but most of the time he was inconsistent at the quarterback position. He went to goddamn Indy and went crazy. Yeah, with Jonathan Taylor in the back, man, it's worthy of what they just paid him, even coming off that injury. It's worthy. It's only right.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: He gets money. He gets decent money. Well I shouldn't say d he gets really good money, O Joe. But I ain't got five four to five years tied up in him. I got two years, so we both get what we want. He gets like at the time he signed his name on the dotted line, O Joe, they cut him a check for fifty million bills to taxes, two year deal. I'm not having it. I don't have to worry about one hundred million or one hundred and twenty million fully guaranteed at the time of Saday cause remember Kurt got a hundred million fully guaranteed for two years, so if things don't go well, I'm off a milli year bye bye. Yeah. Yeah, So I like it. I think I think this is a win win for everybody. Oh Joe, all right, before we go, it's time. It's time five final segment of the evening. It's time for Q.
Speaker 3: Hey, good tonight. I don't know he creating the creator of the topic.
Speaker 1: Before we get to our super chats, we've got some video voicemails from our discord, so make sure you join the discord and submit video voicemails for the show. This one comes from Ogie. Let's take a listen to what Ai had to say.
Speaker 6: So what crossby play the physical the Ravens back out of the trade. I'm curious to know what does an NFL team physical consist of? Or is it a very beer team the team or is it just the same thing v White.
Speaker 3: I think, I think, I think probably it's probably the same league wide.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 3: They take you from head to toe, but they want to know everything, any and everything. Flip you upside down. They hey, you know how you you know? You take your car to the car washing. You ask for detail are car washing. The detail is the same thing that god damn physicals like they know everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're gonna look, you're absolutely right on your and especially if you have an injury, they're gonna x red. They're gonna alter signe. I mean, they're gonna give you a They're gonna give you a full a full as on you said a full detail. They're gonna give you full workover. They're gonna test that need. They're gonna make sure it structurally. Because even though like oh Jo, when I went to the doctor, it's like, okay, let me let me see we understand. I see that, I see the the imaging from the m I I let me see how your ligaments are m cl good a cl intact. So it is just cartlage. Let me see the other need. So they do all that. If you gotta shoulder injury, they're gonna take the shoulder. Excuse me, chat. Uh. So they're gonna make sure, bro, I'm about to invest one hundred million dollars.
Speaker 3: They love up for something, any little thing too. I hate that, boy.
Speaker 1: I mean some people, I mean, look, if you got so much money that you could buy something, sight up seen more power to you. But when you start putting that kind of money or something, I want to see it. I want to touch it. When they say kick the time, I don't like that too. What do you call it?
Speaker 3: You know when they check your knee and they grab the knee and they and they and oh that gives me. That gives me the ick. It give me, it gives me the ick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've had so many times. Because that's that's really the only way. That's the way they can tell pre.
Speaker 3: How do they know what what does it feel like? What does it feel like? If it's not intact, it's.
Speaker 1: Not m or they could tell m c L. They take Okay, where do you feel you know they gonna you know a little bit. Where do you feel that inside outside? You know? My my situation on you, I had had an m c L. I really never had a million dis because had a grade two of my m c L media collateral ligament. No, it never had I've always I'm kind of loose, uh in my in my my my in my a c L. So that's that's so my days. Like you know that, that's why we we know your your a cls are a little loose. That than most, but they you know, like you said it does and it does. Like damn, bro wasn't that wrong? I need to you started broking on it now, but hurt, I'm like, don't, but uh, I get it. The next one comes from Kevin. Let's take a listen to what Kevin had to say.
Speaker 5: Hey, mister Sharp, right now, I'm watching clubs say Shae with.
Speaker 1: The gabreak glass as interview. I had to pause it because you're talking about spam and mayonnaise.
Speaker 5: Mayonnaise definitely does go on a burger, and it does go on a hot dog, and it also goes with spam. But I'm pretty sure spam goes good with the salad, scrambled eggs and the grilled cheese and pretty much anything.
Speaker 1: Fried. Rice is another one call I ant though that might be a Mexican because, oh Joe, have you ever heard of somebody putting mayonnaise on a hot dog?
Speaker 3: Not on a hot dog? I mean, uh, mayonnaise, mayonnaise on a burger and listen, I'm not going to ask, especially when it comes to hot dogs, because you know, every time I go to a sporting event, I get to and I eat it playing I don't know why. I've always been like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that he was talking about. I did the interview with Gabriel Iglacias and he's funny, yeah, fluffy, yeah, and uh oh Joe. He was telling me like spam. I said, okay, spam. Okay, He's like spam, so I could do I can. I say, I'm not the biggest mayonnaise person. I have eaten it, and sometimes you get it in some sauces they make it like the cane sauce have some of a mayonnaise in it, but just plain mayonnaise. I'm not really a big fan of that. And then he started saying, yeah, I put it on hamburgers.
Speaker 3: I was like, nah.
Speaker 1: He said, oh, hot dogs. I said, oh, hell, Glizzie, you putting many? I said, nah, Bro, I said, bro, I think that's mainly that's mainly a Mexican because I don't, like, I said, I've never seen anybody put mayonnaise on a hot dog. I'm sure you can. You can put anything. And they put chili, they put soud crop, they put relish. Obviously, are onions, pickles. I've seen people you know, are normally mustardy, ketchup and mustard, but I understand that people put different, different type of topics on it, but I've never seen anybody put mayonnaise on it. So Chad forgive me. I'm sorry. I've just never seen it. And the way he was explaining it to me, he put mayonnaise on hamburgers, on hot dogs a spam, Okay, I get spam, but nah, hell nah not no damn hot dog. And I don't even eat hot chat y'all putt mayonnaise on hot day.
Speaker 3: It's a select few that do that. It's a select few that. It's a select few people that also put ranch on I met a few people in life in general. They put ranch on every goddamn thing. Like I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know ranch, no blue cheese. I ain't not that I'm simple. I just won't catch like I get a Parker meeting Bun.
Speaker 3: I only do ketchup. I'm not. My ketchup already comes on my orders when I eat at McDonald's. But even their fries, I never, I'm never in my life had had ketch up with fries. I don't, I don't. I don't like it. The fries get it seemed like you're getting away of something.
Speaker 1: Patrick Raider shadow. I saw you interview with Gravy Glaciers and am very disappointed to you. I eat my hot dogs with mandates to stop being so picky. Ah brod, y'all no chat. Have I met.
Speaker 3: To each his own?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: Hey, that's an acquired taste. I want a hot dog now, don't want my hot dog? Yeah it was Gabriel Glacia is funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, he invited me. I thank him in a coy having they're having a show at Sofa real now Gabe, Gabe sold out, Dodger Stable, Jesus now the only comedy now he enjoyed Coy Joe Cohen is a Sofa and I think they sold out.
Speaker 3: So it's so crazy. It's so funny, right, speaking of comedy, and and you know, I'm dibbling, dabbling, I'm like an octopus trying to have my hand and everything I'm in.
Speaker 1: I'm in talking.
Speaker 3: I'm in talks right now and chat with Netflix from my own comedy special. Yeah but only only Dad jokes. Yeah, So so think about this. This is this is this is the reason why Netflix is coming to me with a comedy special. Well, I'm just gonna do Dad jokes for hour straight. Why is it good? I think think about this. Why is it good? The wear glasses in math class?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Why should you wear glasses in math class?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Why should?
Speaker 3: Because it helps with the vision? You get it?
Speaker 1: Yes, I wrestle, I win, Oh Joe, I can help you bowl better. I sent you prove to your instagrams unk knees helps and knee oil halshtag ten man unk done bowling. As a matter of fact, anybody want to buy buy some bowling balls. It's some bowling shoes. I got to sign thirteen and I got like four bowling balls. One would the different Bronco logo, one with a bill logo, and what was just my name too? If the bag is a Bronco bag, I got a Bronco bag and a regular a bowling ball bag. I think my bowling day is over. It's Jay Vincent. Please get Crosby Bengals. Oh jo them Crosby. They need Crosby.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I'm I'm I'm I'm gonna tweet that out tomorrow. I'm gonna call Mike Brown, I'm gonna call Katie and see what we're looking like.
Speaker 1: O Yo, win Holifax said, Oh Joe, I have yet to see someone pick up for pick up a dollar bill and spit out four a quarter. Now that was me. I told that story about that girl in uh in Atlanta at Made City. Wait wait, dollar bill? Pick up a dollar bill? Wait what now? Who had spit out? They give you a change? Yeahm kego muscles like that. I'm just saying, uh as Crown Media, Tampa, Neese Max. They just missed out on Trey Tampa Bell and Cheap Tampa lost a lot of way.
Speaker 3: Yes they have.
Speaker 1: Hey, Kettle City, Hey see if you can make the deal with Max Crosby, put him in Chris Jones together because they lost a lot of guys too, someday cut some left in free agency. Uh, game go, this man was a handshake deal. You can back out because Penn wasn't on paper yet. But why would anyone trust them again?
Speaker 3: H I mean? Is it is it even about trust at this point? Because everyone has to go through a physical no matter what. It's not. It's not about trust, it's about.
Speaker 1: It's not official until you passed that physical physical.
Speaker 3: Wait, does Crosby have to take a physical before he even leaves the Raiders to get traded.
Speaker 1: I don't think I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna say so. The fact that if they did do that and the Raiders care, yeah, now that's some that's some fishy stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, it don't matter if the Raiders clear you. You have to clear the team that's gonna have end up giving the compensation, not the team that's receiving the compensation. Because when I would when I, uh, you, you took.
Speaker 3: A physical when you went to did I was healthy though, you know what? Nothing wrong with me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm saying I took I took a physical for the Ravens, O Joe, for the simple fact I was coming out a broken columb so they gave me and my eye, they did me all. They did all that other stuff to make sure it's healed. You know, they pull a oho, they pull it on you know, lift up and yeah, they're putting pressure and they try to hold it in like raise your arms and they do it all that thing. They pull it on it to make sure it's healthy. And I was here. I was healthy, O joe. Because I broke my collar bone like the last week of September, the first week of October. So you're talking about November December January. So if I had been out like yeah, I had been out like twelve weeks, thirteen weeks, not longer than that because free agency didn't happen. It didn't start until like March. So I was, I was fully healthy, but they gave my arm a good old tugue. They gave it a run around to make sure. So now there ain't no ain't no paying. It doesn't matter until you passed that team's physical ain't nothing, Ain't nothing happening. Michael Houghton been watching y'all day one. Can y'all please wish my fiance Hannah a happy birthday? Absolutely? Michael Hannah, Happy birthday, Happy, happy birthday. It didn't tell us the age, but haby birth for ever? How many times around the sun join each trip to you? Uh Edgar fifty five. As a radar fan, I think they should keep Max Crosby. He has he's had meat issues for two to three years. Now we see what he can do. I think the new moves might convince him. Thoughts PS, I'm not getting my hopes up.
Speaker 3: I don't know. That's tough. That's tough. I mean, obviously he wanted to be out. You're always gonna As a player, you're always gonna tweet, You're always gonna say the right things when there's a camera in front of you. But it's not how you feel behind closed doors. I mean, I mean we fans, we shouldn't understand and know that by now As a former player, I know that by now it's all about Mac and Cross trusting the process. Are they truly building or trying to do what's necessary to turn this into a championship team that can contend? Uh being able to contend? It takes time. It's not going to happen this year. You got to continue to put pieces in place. Does he have the time to be able to stay around long enough to be able to do that and see them turn into a contender. Look at the division? Are they anywhere closest? How many are they anywhere closer? They're competing against the Denver Broncos or competing.
Speaker 1: Against good Your quarterback got to be done because what did the Broncos have both Nick's first round Justin Herbert, first round of Pat Mahoe. Pat Mahomes is coming off of the injury O Joe. But in order to compete in that division, your quarterback got the same thing with the NFC North. What do they got number one overall draft picked Caleb wive Number one overall draft picked Jerry goff Uh in order Green Bay Jorde Love. In order for you to compete, your quarterback have to be on point. So so it looks like all Indicat is pointing towards Fernando Gondoza. He's gonna have to be good. Now. If your quarterback is good, it doesn't take you long. You see New England, Yeah, they got a quarterback in the second year, the quarterbacks in the Super Bowl. You see the Commanders J Dallams first year gets him to get him to the NFC Championship Game. The second year. The next year you see Kayler Williams gets his team to the divisional round. We see bow Knicks have the number one overall seed, get to the divisional round. If your quarterback's good, it gives you a head start on the process of being good for the ending period of time. Kis card wats detailed service man? Uh? What do you say about people who don't believe will one hundred point game? I think they realize it now because they see now look Will average fifty. Well, because here the thing will have a seventy two, two, seventy three point games and a seventy eight point game, so we think it's not a stretch. Oh Joe, And he shot the ball in a hundred point game. He shot the ball sixty eight times. Hey, and then he had another He had another thirty two three row thirty two, so he was twenty eight of thirty two from the free throw line.
Speaker 3: He how come they ain't no footage of that? Huh? They got they got footage of everything else.
Speaker 1: O Joe. I think they said, I think attendance with like two thousand people they Uh, I mean a lot, a lot of a lot of those games. I mean a lot of those games weren't televised. All they got. All you got is the score sheet. Yeah, but uh, I look it's not like it is now. I mean, what you know, everything is televised, Everything is captured, Uh the Internet. Somebody got their phone in there and taking things of it. It's not hard for me to believe that he scored hundred, Bam got eighty three, Bam got eighty three. We talked about the man they got. I mean, you got to think about o Jo prior to this thir when Will hired. Up until say, like the last six years, Will had more sixty point games than every other NBA player combined had sixty point games. So he had more sixty point games than every other NBA player in the history of the game had up until say like the last eight nine years. So it's not a stretch for him to get to one hundred. It's just that Bam, like you talking about the guy, I think, Bam, maybe maybe I think he might have have ash. I don't know. If you can look at upright quick look at BAM's career high prior to last night, when you talking about the guy, you do realize this guy had.
Speaker 3: Career had I think forty one, if I'm not mistaken, So.
Speaker 1: He goes forty two points higher than his career high. Will had a seventy two, two seventy three, and a seventy eight, And if I'm not mistaken, he had those.
Speaker 3: In the same season though, the same season, so.
Speaker 1: You could see if so you can see it's not a jump from seventy eight to one hundred. But to go from forty one to eighty three, we've seen Kobe Kobe's eighty one, we have seen him had games where he's got sixty plus in three quarters. So he's like, well, damn Kobe. And so now people are thinking like, well, why did Kobe leaving me in? And I think that's what I love. Hibout spoke man God going off like that. Let that man go, let him go, let him go, let him cook, let him cook, Lee Mason twelves. If Bam did that to those sorry Wizards, imagine what isod would do to Oh yo.
Speaker 3: Wait what wait?
Speaker 2: Well who? Yeah?
Speaker 1: He say? If Bam did that to the Wizards, imagine what they go with.
Speaker 3: Joe go or nothing, complain abody his knee hurt when I cross him up?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Uh Big Mike once said, bam fourth quarter like Dak Prescott, empty calories, but shout out the bam though. Yeah, Bro, anybody that scored those It's a meanless game. It's a meaningless game. On a two. Kobe played the game. I remember Kobe game because it was after the AFC Championship game. I remember watching it the Broncos and lost to the Steelers two thousand and six January. Go look it up, and it's a meaningless game. On the January, y'all make it seen. I can see if it's anybody that's scoring that number four, if it's in a playoff game, I get it. Or if it's for to get you into the playoffs or better seed. Come on, guys, don't try to minimize them. Man, it's eighty three points. If you're fortunate enough you want a round to see none of Wilson for the most part, but you old enough to remember for the most A lot of people are old enough to remember Kobe in two thousand and sixth of January, and then you saw Dame half seventy. You saw Donovan Mitchell have seventy, You saw Luca have seventy, You have Joe and Embiid. You're gonna get this because guys are shooting the ball. You'll get it on Joe. Would I be surprised somebody get ninety, No, I wouldn't. I'm not. I'm not gonna be surprised if somebody get a one hundred and one. I'm not. I think the thing is is that Bam got it, and he's the least likelyest guy if I get If I say, who do you think would be the next person to score eighty points in the game, I guarantee you not one other NBA player would say, a bam out of Bayo, and so that is what's so so so strange about it. But I take my hat, hey, I take my hat off. I take my hat off. I mean I watched the last little bit of it. I was like that because when I saw thirty one on YO, I'm like, damn bam. Then forty three and a half, I'm like, I wonder how, I wonder if he can get like seventy sixty, seventy. But now the man got nineteen game, he scored nineteen and a third on YO. So now he got sixty two. Let him cook, let him see what he can get. Yeah, I'm filing you to get the ball back. Get give it the bam. Ain't nobody tell y'all to be trash. Y'all thinking, well you might get the number one overall pick, but you're gonna never bet. Somebody put eighty three on y'all.
Speaker 3: Ass you going down in history, and you who you are?
Speaker 1: Uh uh screw face Jena Fisher. Now Shakur kind of got you there, got me how Look and my thing is like I like what I like. I never said he wasn't a great fighter. The same thing with Tim Duncan. With Tim Duncan not a great player. But I don't think anybody's thinking that Tim Duncan was entertaining. They call him the big Fundamentals. It's okay. I don't listen, Oh Joe, if somebody said, man, I like up. But he couldn't score like he couldn't score like Gates. He couldn't catch passes like Gonzo. He wasn't the He wasn't the guy that could block or run people over like Gronk. Or he wasn't as in the Plow season. He didn't come up big like like a nephew Kelsey. That's okay. I don't know why, O Joe, that we feel everybody has to like everything about us. Two things can be true. You can be great and not entertaining. But like he said, he's heard that before. I think it was the thing that I said it because that's what That's what it is, Joe, he's heard it before. Ronie said stylistically, his fights are not fun. That's what he said. You think that's what it is? He sweet size? Does he know anything? He does? So what did he what did he say? Repeat what?
Speaker 3: He's not a fan of his style? But you're also talking to talking about someone who has a damn there almost eighty percent KO rate. So it's different.
Speaker 2: It's different.
Speaker 1: That's what people like. What what do people like so much? Why DoD? Why do people like home runs?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, why does people like Mike?
Speaker 3: But everybody can't be Mike Tyson.
Speaker 1: But that's what I'm saying. But that's why people, that's why, that's why everybody came out. You got the Jordan's, you got the Magic Johnson, you got the Denzels, you got the who or the who oh Joe. That's who used to come to now you know where fighte night. Everybody shut it down in the off season when there was a fight football if that was a big fight in June after the NBA season, NBA, NFL, everybody, the Hollywood, everybody shows us up. Everybody. That's not to take anything away from Shakur. He's a phenomenal fighter. Uh for Rob three thousand, will Shakur fight Africa?
Speaker 3: Hitchins, Hey, Richard Hitchinson.
Speaker 1: That was that?
Speaker 3: That didn't been a good one. I mean he said the two he said the two he wanted, Well, I mentioned the two I wanted he said, I said Lamont Roach and Connor being in a catchwaight at one forty four would be really good. Obviously, Devin Hainey uh at one forty seven. He will never fight Key Sean Davis. Obviously, him and Kishana are very close. They train together. They sparre together. Trying to think who else is there? What about Xander? You know, Xander's ayaz I enough every weekend. I think Xander. I think Xander might be one forty seven. Xander might be one forty seven. Perty Rison fighter, He's a he is.
Speaker 1: It anybody that he fight a forty seven? They gotta do a wait anything forty four catchwaight or anything for that.
Speaker 3: Chad Xander Xander is one forty seven, right boy? He nice?
Speaker 1: Land a nice uh Dulo Gante? Oh, you might be a bare knuckle fighting fan. Not the sweet science? So what was sugar rad? Did he practice the sweet science? What does Shane Mosley practic?
Speaker 2: This?
Speaker 1: Was he a sweet science guy? People?
Speaker 2: You like what you like?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's like baseball, o shoe. Some people like pitching dudes, but what do they do? Baseball didn't take off until what ohoe? They started hitting it over the fence. That's why those guys got bigger, they got stronger. It revived baseball and they had the thing. Chicks digged the long ball.
Speaker 3: What do they like it?
Speaker 1: What do they like in football? O shoe? What did the NFL do made it easy for you to do?
Speaker 2: What? Score?
Speaker 1: What did they do in basketball? They took their hand check out? So what do they make it easier for you to do? That's what people like? Yeah, it's a UFC oh I look, Charles Lavera put on a C did a numb max as Dana as No, And that's what I was trying to say. When you spend that kind of money, bro, I would J ninety that excuse me, J ninety that excuse me J. Nineteen eighty four oto camera got nervous for him. The damn where anybody getting the rid with that milk?
Speaker 2: Done?
Speaker 1: Go be looking like a peanut. But of course say, hey, O Joe, he's gonna put you down with him.
Speaker 3: That ain't gonna happen. I didn't, don't. I didn't been in the ring with too many of them, Grace over the years. I'm not even worried about that man. He's gonna have to he's gonna have you. Hey, you're gonna have to work, Manu.
Speaker 1: It's Madden to JJ in the red Zone Vicus Trails of the forty two, Ojo. Can you name one detail from roly story? I want to see if you were paid detail?
Speaker 3: Yeah, when he walked to that front door and his daddy had that back and say we're gonna beat him.
Speaker 1: With that back. Yes, yeah, he said his daddy was hard.
Speaker 3: That was a good a good story.
Speaker 1: Didn't want to do judo.
Speaker 3: He asked the girl for some money and she told him no. He cussed out if the cut out of care, Yeah, he did, he did.
Speaker 1: He I would.
Speaker 3: I would listen there, I would listen to that story was good. Now, it was a little long, he was. He was a long winded, but yeah, he had some parts where it got interesting and he brought you back in. He rudged you back.
Speaker 1: In the Gold twenty twenty two, he was up thirty in the fourth quarter, intentionally filing, missing free throws on purpose, even turning the ball over. Uh, it was just hard to watch. Okay, you should have watched click you got a remote clinck co man, I ain't watching this trash if a movie, Ojo, if you're watching on something TV, and it's not interesting.
Speaker 3: I flipped the channel. Flip the channel every time.
Speaker 1: You still guess what. You watched every second of it because you wanted to see how many points he was gonna end up with, because you know what you wanted to say, you saw somebody score eighty three points, just in case you missed Kobe's.
Speaker 3: You want to watch it, and then you complain about it, after complain about it.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh, they should have. They should have honored Kobe. Kobe went, Kobe would want that now that mama mentality. He was the chokesest thing that Michael Jordan kill a bee killed? Now y'all say saved. I wish y'all make up y'all mind, random crowd, how do you grade the Browns off season heading into the draft? What would you like to see them do? I would like to see them get some skill position player, especially wide receiver, big boy wide receiver. Yes, yes, and trade for Max Crosby, Tyrod reed. He's going eighty three points in the NBA game against other professionals. What are we talking about? Yeah, but they all Joe. They make it seem like Kobe scored his eighty one against the eighty six.
Speaker 3: And you know how they and you know how the people moved the gold post. They'll say Kobe scored it as a bad Toronto team, and then then those try to justify it and say the same thing. Well, Bam scored against the goddamn sorry ass Washington Wizards. It's still the NBA. It's still an NBA team, no matter how bad they are. It's the best of the best. Eighty three points is a very difficult feat. It's difficult if.
Speaker 1: It was that, So why didn't nobody else score eighty three parts against the Wizards? Like they just got bad against the Heat They've been bad all year?
Speaker 3: Hey, you know, people, if it was easy, hold on, there.
Speaker 1: Have only been three people to score eighty points some more in the seventy eight seventy nine year history of the NBA. If it was that easy, why haven't nobody else scored? They should be a plethora.
Speaker 3: Yeah of eight, of course, yeah, yeah, especial regardless, no matter what.
Speaker 1: Gold Birds eight hundred. Hey, uh, what if Mick ends up in Philly with that defensive line?
Speaker 3: Oh lord, he's not. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: You don't want that to happen. Back concludes this episode of Nightcap. We want to think out very special guests, Course Stevens from for joining Hum and Roly Romero. Thank you guys so much. Appreciate you coming on talking a little bit. Shakur, thank you very much. You know we didn't see we don't see out of our some things, but that does not diminish your greatness. You are an unbelievable fighter and I'm glad you got an opportunity to come on and if you do fight, uh what you say you might be fighting on Joe.
Speaker 3: Wait who.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, Roly's supposed to be fighting Devin May thirtieth. But I think she Court said, like potentially, I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just threw names out there, he said, yes.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you for joining us. Y'all know who I am. I'm your favorite up and deliberty city legend, a pro Bowl and it all pro from Cincinnati BIB. That's Chad o Cho Senko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the light button and do it's a favorite. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We'd like to thank you for your eyes, ears and your word of mouth. Thank you for the support from day one. You guys have been behind nightcap, Ug and Ojoe and we can't thank you enough and we shall continue to grow thanks to support and your kindness. Please please thank you again for your support. Those look at the purchase a bottle of Shade by La Portier. Head over to the Portier Kannak dot com to purchase you a bottle if it's unavailable in any state or city near you. A premium vesl P Kanyak, the smoothest tasting, best tasting Kanyak on the market. Don't take my word for it, try it against other kanyacs. Compare you'll see there's a big difference between ours and theirs. Please dreat responsibility safe again. Max Crosby goes back to the Oakland Raiders after the trade, will send it for what the Baltimore Ravens are saying, a fell physical debt ignation. He could potentially stay with the Raiders, but there are still some teams out there that in need of a past rusher and will not have to give them a first round. If I don't believe and get the services of Max Crosby, stay tuned. I don't think this is over, just yet well to thank our special guests for joining us. Of course, Stevenson and roly Ramiro. Thank you again a guys hopefully chat us chat you enjoy those guys tonight. I'm unk, he's oh Joe. We will see you tomorrow night. Thanks for joining
Speaker 3: The compat