Speaker 1: Kutbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto cutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: The Clearinghouse of hot takes break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air eyway. The Fifth Hour with Me, Big Ben and Danny g Radio hanging out with you on a lazy Sunday holiday weekend, Indianapolis five hundred. Hello, can you say Indy five hundred? I knew you could as we hang out with you on this Sunday And mail Bag Dan, it's mail Bagdadny. I know you're excited about you before the mailbag every week?
Speaker 3: Do you not? I do us? An ask Ben? Which are nothing alike? By the way, No, no, they're totally different. Yeah.
Speaker 1: This is not a ripoff. This is not a cheap, inferior copycat of a Gucci bag. No, no, this is the real deal. Raw. Can we celebrate National paper airplane Day? Today? Today is national? Why would today? What are you talking about what happened to your inner child. Let your inner child out, Let your inner child fly.
Speaker 3: Nobody, no, no one ever let us fly those planes. Parents took them away. Grandparents took them away, teachers took them away.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's no question.
Speaker 3: Not good memories, I know.
Speaker 1: But did you know that the history of the paper airplane goes back to the seventeen hundreds? Did you know that in France brothers made a hot air balloon using paper in the seventeen hundreds, and then it's expanded over.
Speaker 3: Over the years.
Speaker 1: Now I have a great paper plane story. You probably think there's no way you could have a great paper plane story. It's impossible to have a great paper plane story. Now, this goes back to Chavez Ravine Dodger Stadium in the nineteen nineties, covering the Dodgers on a regular basis, and it was just about it was a day game. I don't know whether it was a Sunday or a Thursday. I don't remember the day of the week, but it was a day game. And I'm sitting in the press box at Dodger Stadium, and out of the corner of my eye from the upper deck at Dodger Stadium, I see this paper airplane, all right, and it's coming down from the like the right field area, and it's coming down and I track it and this effing thing from the upper deck. The wind was blowing. I guess in that there.
Speaker 3: I've seen video of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it got down to Home Place. Yeah, yeah, I was at that game. I was at that game. It was the most amazing thing I have. I don't want to say I've ever seen, but in terms of paper airplanes, that will never be never be topped, it will never be. No, but like one of the odds from the freaking top of Dodger Stadium. Yeah, you would throw a paper airplane and the freaking thing would go right the home plane.
Speaker 3: I totally remember either seeing this or hearing about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw it, and I am very lucky one of the that And when Fernando Tatis, not junior, his old man, hit two Grand slams in the same inning. I was at that game also, So the.
Speaker 3: Game and the Dodger gaber, the paper airplane would.
Speaker 1: But that The only reason I brought up that today is National Paper Airplane Day, is to tell that story. Otherwise I have no reason to bring that up. There's no, now, I like you, Danny. When we were in school, we fetched around with paper and made paper airplanes and we were not allowed to.
Speaker 3: I hated when I would make a masterpiece and the teacher would take it away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then would make it even worse by taking it and you know, grabbing it in the fist of their hand and like squishing the paper to the other right into a paper ball. I was always like next level pouring salt on the wound. But my problem when I made the paper airplanes was I made like these giant air cargo ships. I didn't make the sleek, you know, and they're gonna be like thin, lean and mean. Mine were always like fat, like Jumbo. They were to carry boxes, not like.
Speaker 3: The plane that carried the Columbia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like Mike, exactly, Like my construction of paper airplanes left a lot to be desired, a lot to be desired there. I was not very artistic when I was making the paper airplane.
Speaker 3: So were you able to make a paper football?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 3: Remember how we used to flick that on a tip?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I could do that. Yeah. We used to play that with your flick it with your finger and your you're going together yeah, that was always And if it was off the other side of the table, Oh, you got a free kick. Yeah, you had to make you to make the goal post right with your almost together make the goal post there. The kids kids don't do that today, right, there's no way, no, why would they do that.
Speaker 3: It's a lost art. Yeah. And it really felt like a great field goal when you would flick it, kick it through and then it would nail the person in the face.
Speaker 1: Perfect, absolutely perfect. Yeah, there's no question. All right, let's get to the mail bag. Mail bag, the stuff of nightmares. The mail bag. OHIOO, it's bag, all right, thank you, Ohio. Aw first one comes from Frank in Arizona. I believe he's in so that just there, although I don't he didn't say he's from Phoenix. But there's only a couple of cities where people live in Arizona, in the Phoenix area or the Tucson area.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: I guess there's flag Staff.
Speaker 3: I've always wanted to visit Tucson. I wonder what it looks like there.
Speaker 1: You're not missing anything, but kid, because I Hearson anyway, Frank says, hey, Ben and Danny, Ben, I heard you fill in in LA this week. Any chance you he was the one, Any chance you will end up doing a regular local, local show again, Well, it's not on my agenda, Frank, but I'm not opposed to if it's in a place like I like LA. Obviously I could do a show in LA locally Boston. There's a few cities I would work in that have a passion or I have a passion for the sports in those cities. But I think we're very lucky. Danny like doing the national stuff. We can talk about whatever the hot story is. It's a little more difficult when you do local stuff, especially if the teams are not bad. If they're bad, that's good local radio. But if they're mediocre, that's bad local radio. You don't want mediocre.
Speaker 3: You don't kiss up enough to the l A teams the way Davids say as a yes, catching as Stray, you know he's chummy chummy with the players, and I don't see you doing that. You know, you're very much Jonas Knox. You go the other direction.
Speaker 1: I got a thing about dead bodies.
Speaker 3: When he's on LA radio, I hear I'm talking smack about most LA teams. You do the same thing, and so I think, especially like the Lakers station, they would all chew you up and spit you out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not all the way off the orifice of the local team that that is true. And in La the except for the.
Speaker 3: Clippers, they would love to have you on the Clippers station. Rip the Clippers a little bit, a little bit, but.
Speaker 1: It's like a lot of the l A local guys, they are total homers.
Speaker 3: It's a some of that's kind of a normal thing though, Right. You go from big city to big city across our country, and there's going to be homers for that city's team on the radio.
Speaker 1: But like certain cities, like in Boston, they don't really do that as much. They attack, they attack everyone. In New York they are homeeristic. In New York Philly they attack everyone. They just go for the jugular.
Speaker 3: I mean, some of that is fun, but I don't want to hear back to back to back shows where all they're doing is ripping the team that you're hopeful for. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think we have to worry about that, Frank anytime soon. But of course, if something were to happen and I needed to get a job somewhere, I would be willing to change my position. As you know, Danny right, suddenly you have to you have to do what you have to do.
Speaker 3: Contracts rule rub a couple of shekels together.
Speaker 1: Wild Man from Morgantown, West Virginia, Wright City says, hey, bandon, dandy g I be watching people debate on social media, and if you call those sugary fizzy drinks like coke and pepsi, pop or soda, I don't think that stuff pop.
Speaker 3: What is this the nineteen fifties.
Speaker 1: No, there are parts of the country. It's regional. It's regional like pop or soda, coca pepsi in like Atlanta. I believe it's Atlanta. Everything's coke.
Speaker 3: But we're not drinking coke out of glass bottles because I'm guessing that's where that came from, right, because the lids would pop off.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I don't know exactly where I mean. I Coca Cola, I can look it up, but Coca Cola was from Georgia. So everything that is a carbonated drink they say Coca cola.
Speaker 3: Where soda pop came from?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't I could dig into it, but he says wild Man in West Virginia says, I don't drink that stuff very often, but when I do, I call it soda. I called my grandfather pop. What do you guys say, Yeah, I'm I'm soda, I'm Team Soda. Yeah I don't, I don't. I don't do the pop thing.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, I was right to open a bottle. Back in the day, the consumer would knock the top, releasing the pressure with a sudden pop, which gave soda pop its name.
Speaker 1: But how come in some regions it's still called pop and not soda.
Speaker 3: That's a great question.
Speaker 1: It's it's like the sandwich is a hero. In some places, it's you know, it's a HOGI In other places there's different names depending on which region of the country you're in. Anyway, wild Man says, if you're ever able to make it to Columbus, Ohio, it would be awesome to see all there at a mallor meet and greet. I'll tell you what, wild Man, we got to get a deal like Danny g has with these graduate hotel people. Maybe you guys can reach out. You the listeners can reach out to graduate hotels and say, hey, we got Malard meet and greets. I'll go to all these places and do the malored meet and greet. We already have a gentleman that runs a bar in Columbus, Ohio who is offering to host a malor meet and greet so we can burn up the road do a malor meet and greet. I think that would be great. I hope that happens. While Man, nothing is scheduled at this time. What is next on the mail bag? That would be Mike in the Fullerton train Station, It says. Nobody loves Fullerton more than Mike and sokel He says, Hey, Ben and Danny g I don't know if you guys heard about it or not, but a Dodger radio clown picked a fight and lost with a much more talented national radio host. Look it up if you haven't, Wow, he says. Anyway, have either of you ever injured yourself going down a children's slide? Says Mike in the Fullerton train Station.
Speaker 3: Ben, I bet when you were little Ben, maybe you were Ben little bait. Ben, maybe you were never little, but young Ben, you probably burned your legs one time going down Yes hot, Yes.
Speaker 1: Everything when we were kids was not designed four kids. It was way too hot.
Speaker 3: Yes, rusted steel in one hundred and ten degrees summer weather.
Speaker 1: God, it was like a it was like a death course, obstacle course when you were a kid. Yeah, I did burn my ass and my legs on the slide multiple times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had third degree burns from some of the slides.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hundred percent. Now I do have a fun fact about.
Speaker 3: Careful now they may hear about this.
Speaker 1: I know, I know I have a fun fact. Did you know that Kobe Bryant's favorite Mexican restaurant was in Fullerton?
Speaker 3: How about that?
Speaker 1: Did you know that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Kobe was a regular at It was called think it's called El Camino Real, I believe was the name of it is in Fullerton, still there. It was his actually his wife's favorite place, but he would go with his daughters and stuff when they would eat their you know, regularly. What's the name, it's called El I think it's called El Camino Real. It's in Fullerton. If you like, type in Kobe's favorite Mexican restaurant in fullerton'll it'll come up and they even have like the meal that he used to eat all the time. So if you're a big Kobe Bryan fan, you go in there. And eat just like Kobe did. Anybody on the Clippers is half of what Kobe Bryan is. How Dave he was a regular there for like twenty years. He would go in there quite a bit. That just popped in my head because I saw I saw something about that randomly, and I saw Mike Mike's name in Fullerton. I was like, wait a minute, I wonder if Mike and Fullerton has eaten at Kobe's favorite Mexican restaurant.
Speaker 3: I don't know. They don't have a helicopter tour of the restaurant.
Speaker 1: Oh, Danny, too soon, Danny, how dare you?
Speaker 3: I had to and I love Kobe. I have a Kobe Bryan tattoo.
Speaker 1: I know I was gonna say, of all people, of all people, Danny.
Speaker 3: My good. Kobe would have laughed. He would have laughed.
Speaker 1: No, No, that's a pretty decent drive.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 1: Kobe lived in Newport Beach to get up to Fullerton.
Speaker 3: And that's the shitty part. Had he not lived way out in the woods like you do, he wouldn't have had to do a stupid helicopter ride to work or to the game that he was going to for his daughter.
Speaker 1: To be fair, though, even if you live in LA, you still need to take a helicopter to get around, so it's still still the problem. The traffic is an issue.
Speaker 3: Basically, the shitty traffic in LA is what killed Kobe.
Speaker 1: That is right, All you people stuck in goodlock traffic in LA, you are responsible for the demise of Kobe.
Speaker 3: Has holes. There you go.
Speaker 1: JJ in Idaho writes and says, hey, Ben, Danny, Ben, I heard you with Fred Rogan. A lot of people Danny who show this week? We're up to two uh, he says, I heard you with Fred and yet you he forced you to talk hockey. How painful was that? Well? We did one segment, JJ, about the LA Kings coach. That's it. One segment.
Speaker 3: This is why I listened to Rogan so infrequently.
Speaker 1: I was not blindsided. I will tell you that the great Kevin Figures, who produces the Fred Rogan Show and also works at Fox Sports Radio. Who kfig He informed me that that would be a topic of conversation. That would be a topic. So I spent about thirty seconds of a malor investigation kind of digging around trying to find some information out about the.
Speaker 3: King's coach, the hockey cheat code you entered into your Google.
Speaker 1: I had like one or two things in the back of my head about the Kings. The main point I made, and I believe I made this on the air, was the King's tried to trade for the Bruins goaltender and were rejected because he had a no trade clause. So I brought that up, and then Fred brought up a guy from the Maple Leafs, marner Man, who he wanted the Kings to to get it or they couldn't afford him or whatever.
Speaker 3: You had me at maple Yeah, I'm more interested in maple food than I am hockey.
Speaker 1: No, and I would have been better off talking about like maple syrup. Yeah, that would have been seriously for me. I would have had more knowledge of that.
Speaker 3: But I know I tune in. I know I tuned into LA sports talk radio to listen to hockey talk, hot hockey talk, and me, of.
Speaker 1: All people talking hockey, not just hockey talk, but me talking hockey, somebody rather.
Speaker 3: I'd rather hear you cover Marble championships.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I did get email from people who were happy they I was forced to talk about the Lakers quite a bit. Who me, because you know, I enjoyed that well just as much. Clearly. Uh here's one from Steve. He says, Ben and Danny, I've had I've heard no update recently on the cockroach infestation in your studios. Has the problem been taken care of? Uh So, I don't know about you. During the day day, I have not seen any. I have not seen any cockroaches at night, but there's still there.
Speaker 3: I walked into the production studio a few days ago and I heard a crunch. Oh my gosh, I thought I stepped on a dorito. It was a cockroach. Yeah, it was a I stepped on one that was It was already dead, laying on its back. It looked like, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's the thing. When they lay on the back there, that's the sign they're ready to check out. Yes, that's the It's like human. How sad is it that we're experts on coach cockroaches.
Speaker 3: Behavior because we spent the last decade, well you twenty years with me ten years. Yeah.
Speaker 1: How great is it that cockroaches can live a full life in our building and then when they're ready to die, they have a nice, humane death. They just roll over on their back and that's that lived a good life and and whatnot. And I have got.
Speaker 3: Still crawling around looking for grand slams from Denny's.
Speaker 1: I have had people say I'm a little crazy. I'm a daredevil because I'll sometimes walk around at night, you know, because o're their foot, Yeah, barefoot. People say what are you doing? You're gonna step on a cock road. I'm okay, I'm all right. I got enough callouses on my foot. I'll be okay, I'll be fine. Kenny writes in from Cannona City. He says, Hey, guys, would you rather get a paper cut every time you turn a page? Or bite your tongue every time you eat? Oh? I think that's turning a page? How often you turn a page?
Speaker 3: Well, I was speaking of Dorito's. Couldn't help it. I hardly ever eat chips, just like fries. But in our vending machine in Sherman Oaks they have cool ranch. Dorito's probably your favorite, No, I think? So I was so hungry man, because I really I was like you. I was fasting that day, not on purpose, though, So I got the hand sanitizer. I was ready to go, stuck my hand into that bag of yous. First bite down, I bit the inside of my cheek. It's the worst because then not only does it ruin what you're eating, then you know it's gonna be a good three four days before that heals. What do you do besides mouthwash and peroxide? Maybe there's nothing you can do to really heal that sucker one hundred percent. Now here's what I want you to do, Danny. Next time, I want you to make a pizza. I want you to make it, say, right out of the oven, and then when it's as hot as it possibly can be, I want you to cut the pizza and then take a giant bite out of the pizza. I then want you to burn the entire right lower right part of your tongue. And then after that, I want you to go to the studio and I want you then to do talk radio for four hours with a lisp a burn tongue. And then, Danny, I want you to come back the next day and do it again, and the day after and the day after. Yeah, so you burned your ass on a slide and your mouth on a pizza.
Speaker 1: Well, that was the famous the pizza burned tongue. I have no patience. I ate the pizza too fast. I was coming off of Fast and I burned my tongue and I did the whole show, an entire week of radio with a lisp. I sounded like the old Notre Dame coach Lou Holtz, if you know who that is.
Speaker 3: It was terrible.
Speaker 1: And this is proof God love our bosses. They're not often listening because I have done shows with laryngitis. I have done shows with coughs where I had to stop in the middle of a monologue because I was coughing up a lung. I've done a week of shows with my tongue burned. All of these things have happened. But to answer Kenny's question, Yeah, I would much rather have a paper a paper cut, which is also sucks, right, A paper cut is very painful, but the tongue is the money maker.
Speaker 3: Yeah. That hand sanitizer I love to use all day long. Couldn't use that with all kinds of paper cuts all over my hands?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be a bit of a bit of an issue. And that is one of the perks that we get at Fox Sports Radio. We get free coffee, free water, free ice, and hand sanitized.
Speaker 3: Oh, there are big jugs of hand sanitizer all over yeah.
Speaker 1: Which is odd considering the pandemic has been over for a while. But they're just prepared for the next pandemic. They're prepared for the next pandemic for sure, all right. Fred writes in from Spring, Texas. He says, greetings, gentlemen, what do you guys? What are your two guys middle names? Do you like them? Or if you could, would you like another? I really enjoy both best of the Overnight Show and the Fifth Hour podcast. Well, thank you, Fred. My middle name is a close kept a secret, much like Homer J. Simpson. You know, just the Jay and that's it. But what you want to give your middle name out to the mass.
Speaker 3: I don't mind. So I'm Danny Leroy Gara Delli Lee Roy. Yesamy, you're laughing, but that's my middle name, my son Leroy, Is that right? Is that right?
Speaker 2: Yea?
Speaker 3: My mom is a huge Luther Vandros fan, huge Michael Jackson fan, and she loved this character on TV. His name was Leroy. Okay, yeah, I'm not sure what show it was, way back in the olden days.
Speaker 1: Well, you'll be happy to know that my middle name starts with an S, and so my first two initials are bs bullshit, which is could that not be more appropriate? And my first and last initial or BM, so I have the perfect initials to be a guy in talk radio. And my favorite quote, which you know Danny I brought. I bring it up every so often. My favorite quote from an old Hollywood star the early days of Hollywood, a comedian named W. C. Fields, who gave the quote, if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit. And that is how I have lived my life and it is continued to this day. So I live my life like W. C. Field's joke back in that he had alive.
Speaker 3: I'm making him proud all these years later. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He is the guys that start every day off with a smile, so you can get it over with. Just get it over with right there. That's it. He also said I'm pree of all prejudiced. I hate everyone equally, so that was also a great line million million years ago. And I will remind you again there's a street if you ever go to Universal Studios that goes along the one oh one Freeway towards Universal Studios. It's got W. C. Field's name on it, which is which is kind of neat what else do we have to see? Page down, page down? Alf from the Melting Pot Rights in he says, do you guys have any good regional or ethnic ethnic words or phrases racist? For example, here in New England, chocolate sprinkles are often referred to as Jimmy's. But I know Ben had no clue what the hell I was talking about. In one of my riddle answers, says Another example is soda. Oh, here we go, dany, here we go. Yeah. Another example is soda, where some people refer to it as pop. My mother in law from the eastern part of Massachusetts called it tonic. Another one would be subs, Hogy's Heroes, et cetera. It's almost like Alf has been listening to the podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah my mom. You know what my mom called them? Hogis, Like, what are you talking about, Hogy? Yeah, we're gonna make some hogies and take them to the Dodger game. Yeah, yeah, it was. It is weird. It's like you mean a sub sandwich, No, a Hogy Yeah.
Speaker 1: New York they call them heroes, We call them subs.
Speaker 3: How about the parts of the country that call Reese's pieces reces.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a Little lod.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it's Recey's. I've argued with people from the middle of the country, in the East Coast. They're like, it's Recey's. I'm like, no, it's not. It's Reese's. Where do you get Rece's from that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's a weird Well, it's like some restaurants just have like parties. They literally have different names, depending if you're east or west of the Mississippi.
Speaker 3: Jason Martin from out kick the Coverage back in the day, he grew up in Kentucky and he was like, yeah, my favorite Halloween food is Reese's peanut butter cups. Give mean Reese's. He's like, no, it's Rece's.
Speaker 1: He argued with me, Okay, yeah, I'm here at Reese's team. Reese's alf also says.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think there's any teams, it's just Reso.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Well I agree with you know. Lora Alf says, Lorraine, U is the greatest Bennette ever since that one time that Danny g agreed with one of your takes and Coop and Eddie made his work environment so uncomfortable that he had to leave the show. That is from Alf, and he says, pss f Vassa is what what?
Speaker 3: Alf?
Speaker 1: Alf says? All right, Yeah, Loraine is doing a great job.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 1: I like it that Lorraina does. I should point this out to it at some point. She's very quick when I when I stop at the end of a commercial, a live read, and then she goes to the commercial. Sometimes there's some blag time. I love it when it's a tight board and it boom.
Speaker 3: Right to the Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's really good about that, and it sounds so much better. I'm not going to name anybody, but I have had people in the past where I would end the commercial. I would point at the engineer and there'd be one one thousand and two, one thousand three, one thousand and four, one thousand and five, one thousand and then they'd play the commercial in next commercial.
Speaker 3: And oh, you're you're right. The very first time I met her, she said, look, I'm so tight.
Speaker 1: Moving on, moving on a Mike from Delaware, right city. Uh, well, I think he's I think he's writing the wrong podcast. He said, Band and Danny, what kind of art do you guys enjoy? Yeah, I think you're well.
Speaker 3: Hip hop is art. Yeah, I love hip hop?
Speaker 1: What kind of art? I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think Ben loves Picasso paintings. Oh yeah, what's the last museum you went to? It was a hip hop I did go to the hip hop museum. Yeah, look at that. You're cultured.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess I like interactive things. I don't. I don't want to go to a stuffy art museum. There. There are a lot of museums these days where they are more interactive, you know, things you can kind of kind of check out and touchy, touchy feely. I kind of like that.
Speaker 3: Were you big baby CoA? The books? The only books he likes are those ones that each page you turn there's something, there's some texture. Yeah, there's like a different texture on each page for the little baby to feel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can touch the little animals butt and find it exactly it feels like. And sure it's like that's what a rabbit's ass feels like. Yeah, Mike, thanks for listening. But if you think we're art people, you might want to go to get a hearing aid.
Speaker 3: Or something like that. Yeah. I don't know. I think you might be talking about Art Subs, which is located in Woodland Hills, California or arts. Deb I love art.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Matt from Cleveland? Right, since is a Ben and Danny? If you guys could have oh, here we go. Here's another stupid question. If you guys could have tentacles added your body, would you if Elon Musk could find a way to add tentacles, would.
Speaker 3: You have the procedure? Danny? I mean, what good would tentacles serve?
Speaker 1: Well, we actually kind of have one already, right, isn't our tongue kind of like a tentacle? I'm not some kind of nut liquor here, Like you can move it around and twist it and all that.
Speaker 3: If it was on your we're going to say are junk because when we try to turn sideways and fit through a small space, that's when you know if you fit or not.
Speaker 1: You want to work blue, you can work blue, Danny. Danny's working blue, not Dodger blue. A different kind of blue. Yeah, exactly if I say blue. But yeah, your tongue's kind of like a tentacle. Right, you can move it around a little bit and you can like, I don't know, I'm good, I don't need a tentacle. If you want to call the tongue of tentacle. Okay, that's good, that's fine, but I don't need anymore. I'm good, right, I don't know you. I'm good on that. Anything else, what do we got? I'll be in tonight, but I know it's the holiday and all that wonderful stuff.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of our regular shows are working, though I saw on the schedule year working, Covino and Rich are going to be in their regular spot. I'm going to be there, so yeah, it should be a fun day at the network because Memorial Day, we're not out of town and you're not going anywhere, right.
Speaker 1: No, I'm I'm here, I'll be be sle Do you have to.
Speaker 3: Drive into the studios? Are you going to do it from your home studio?
Speaker 1: Well, we have a deal it's optional on the holiday, so it'll be a game time decision. Now, normally, would I I like you drive in? There's no traffic, but it's because I go in Sunday night for the overnight into Monday morning. Yeah, so there's usually the traffic is on Monday night people trying to get back from their long long vacation. But now the better question is today being Sunday, will you watch the greatest spectacle in racing, the Indianapolis five hundred, And I'm going to say that you will not be watching the Indianapolis five hundred today.
Speaker 3: It's actually something that I tune into each year, just like the horse races. Now, I will usually have it on in the background. I'm not glued to every second of it, but I do have it on.
Speaker 1: I've been to Indianapolis. I didn't go to the brickyard.
Speaker 3: I should have gone.
Speaker 1: Bad job by me. I went to an Indianapolis Indians game, the TRIAA team there in Indy and did some of the other Indianapolis stuff, but I did not get to the to the track the first Indy five hundred back in nineteen eleven, first one ever. Maybe five million people watched the Indy five hundred last.
Speaker 3: Year on a b See now, the winner of this race drinks milk. Yes, that is the milk race, or as you call it, the milk with an E.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you make one mistake, and ten years, ladies, you still bring it up here one mistake ten times.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing.
Speaker 1: If you were to point out to someone that came to America from New Zealand or Australia, or London or in the UK somewhere. What are the biggest traditional American sporting events. You'd have the super Bowl at the very top, yep, You'd have the Kentucky Derby, the Masters, and I would put the Indy five hundred right there that that is one of those sporting events my entire life anyway, that you always knew when Indy five hundred weekend was. You liked it because it was leading into the good part of the year with the weather, the super Bowl of course, you know, and the Masters and all that.
Speaker 3: So I always thought it was cool too when the winner would have the same the container that you get ojab the jug. Yeah, there's a name for there's a name for that, dang it. That word is on the tip of my tongue. Craft when they're holding the milk. As a little kid, I thought that was so cool because they were getting milk everywhere, spelling it. To this day you see highlights of the wind the Winter Circle with that. Well, it's the one thing my wife, he said that bothers her the She said, I only have one thing that that bugs her. She doesn't like it when she sees me eating a bowl of cereal with milk. You get away from me. She hates milk. Oh, she thinks it's gross. Sometimes with like a piece of toast and jelly, I'll have a little glass of cold milk. And she thinks it is the grossest thing when she sees someone drinking milk. Look at me sucking pilf and milk off a dierty coppet.
Speaker 1: Oh that's odd. I mean I don't like milk.
Speaker 3: I got a milk phobia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's a fun you want a fun fact, fun fact, the fun fact, the fun fact.
Speaker 3: Everyone alert, David Vasse, this is for alf. Do you know who Lewis Meyer is?
Speaker 1: No, you don't know. Louis Meyer won the Indianapolis five hundred in nineteen thirty six, and he drank a glass of buttermilk in Victory Lane after the race, and that began the tradition pretty much every.
Speaker 3: Year since Peter, all those goats on males, Well a bucket, you're full, and the goats you're happy.
Speaker 1: And did you know that the Indianapolis five hundred, because of a fuel shortage, did not run. They were canceled six times during World Wars because the fuel used needed to go to the war machine. But other than that, the race has taking place every year since nineteen eleven.
Speaker 3: Crazy, Now, what if the winning driver was lactose intolerant, Well, that would.
Speaker 1: Make it even more interesting, Danny, What did I mean? That would make it even more more exciting?
Speaker 3: Everybody?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Now, has anyone done chocolate milk? Or is it just the regular milk? Is anyone going? And it's not butter milk anymore? It's actual milk, right for a long time, but originally it was buttermilk.
Speaker 3: Now you're onto something. Chocolate milk is delicious.
Speaker 1: Ah, yeah, how about strawberry milk? You can do strawberry too.
Speaker 3: Strawberry chocolate's better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we'll get out on that. Have a wonderful the rest of your Sunday again. I'll be in tonight and all week as per the Fox Sports Radio schedule, and Danie'll be in as well, so we'll be here for the holiday. Have a wonderful time whatever you're doing the rest of the day and barbecue, have a good time whatever it is, and we'll talk to you. I'll be on tonight eleven o'clock in the west, two am in the east. Will be yapping away with you.
Speaker 3: Happy barbecue. And later skater gotta murder, I gotta go