Speaker 1: Hey, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: And you know, we get all the credit for all these second dates going viral, for them charting on the top comedy podcast. Yeah, but really it's our listeners and they're terrible dating decisions that we have to think.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, and the people who ghost people.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, your toxicity has made us so funny.
Speaker 4: Yes, thank you man.
Speaker 2: Don't forget we do have forty five more minutes of this. We've got a full show over on the Brook.
Speaker 1: And Jeffrey main feed.
Speaker 2: If you like it, follow that one as well. And let's get into your second.
Speaker 4: Date, second date, up date.
Speaker 5: You know, researchers say what you text a person after a good first date yeah, can actually be more important than the date itself.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean you do look forward to it.
Speaker 2: That is not helpful for people who really overthink that text, jeff.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, look, for example, if you were to text, hey, I had a great time with you tonight. Also, I accidentally took your fork from the dinner for a DNA test.
Speaker 4: Wait, no, that's not good. You might not go over quite so well.
Speaker 2: So you just leave it as I took your fork and you're just saying night.
Speaker 4: Just try not to overthink it, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Because one of our listeners, Carly, says she had a text exchange with a guy after they went out and it could be the reason she's not getting called back. And we're gonna get to that and talk about the text in a little bit. But first Carly, welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Hey, everybody, But first Carly, we want to hear the good part.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I don't ask this a lot, but how important is it for you Carly to get a second date here with this guy?
Speaker 4: Is it a like a lot like yay nay or hay neighbor type of situation?
Speaker 1: It's hey neighbor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the media pove.
Speaker 5: Is it a yay nay or hay neighbor? Where are you on the important scale?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: No, No, it's a yay obviously.
Speaker 1: Okay, why would you not do one through ten?
Speaker 5: No, that's not as fun as yay. We only do fun stuff on our show this. Yeah, tell us about him and how you two met.
Speaker 6: His name is Blaine and I was at Top Golf with some friends. I was there for a party.
Speaker 1: And a great place to meet people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, what I never want someone to see me there nobody.
Speaker 4: Trying to help you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you guys love to show you.
Speaker 1: I don't like that reach around and just show you how to do it.
Speaker 4: Is that what Blaine did for you?
Speaker 6: So, like he was there with a group of guys and he were in like the next all over. So we were just talking when it wasn't our turn, and like we hit it off.
Speaker 4: Cute hit it off, Charley. I knew you would fun. Okay, I would, but I don't know. I'm sorry about that. Yeah, I already said that joke. But that's okay, Charley, keep going. So you guys hit it off?
Speaker 2: How?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: How he asked me out? I thought was kind of cute because he gave me his number on a golf ball. He wrote it on there with a sharpie.
Speaker 7: Oh that's cool.
Speaker 2: Oh, actually, is it bad that I'm already thinking if you got married, it would have to all be golf seeing.
Speaker 5: Now, Oh, this guy isn't even calling her backyard. Let's not start making the wedding plans and choosing the plates and everything.
Speaker 6: That's true.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that sounds really nice. Did you guys end up hanging out?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we said we were going to hang out next Friday, So we kind of planned that even before we left. But then we were texting and I was like, I wanted to see him sooner, so I moved it up to Tuesday. Also, don't waste a Friday night.
Speaker 4: That's a good call.
Speaker 1: It's a whole chapel roone song. I waste a weekend on a guy.
Speaker 5: Somebody's jaded over there? All right, Okay, so you moved it up to Tuesday.
Speaker 4: How did that go?
Speaker 6: Yeah? It was a really good date. I got to know a lot about him, like where he grew up and like what's important in his life. And you know he's into sports and animals. I love animals.
Speaker 2: So okay, so wait, I'm sorry. Were you guys just at dinner? Is that what you did on Tuesday?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Like dinner, drinks?
Speaker 4: Okay, cool, way to downplay it, Brooke, No.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to set the scene.
Speaker 4: That's all you did. You just did dinner. Okay. How'd you feel after that hangout?
Speaker 6: I mean I felt great, Like he seems like a really great, caring guy. We did end up kissing the kiss Oh, it was really good.
Speaker 1: She's smiling.
Speaker 5: Okay, you did say the one thing that you're worried about that could have stopped you from hanging out again was your text message exchange afterwards. Can you get into that or just read it?
Speaker 4: Just read it. I don't know how long it is. Just give us the vibe I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know, like sometimes when your friends will ask you about to some expensive place and you're just not in a place to do that. So I just wanted to be honest and let him know where I was at. I did tell him that I was a little short on I rent this month.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, how did you jump from?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 1: Was a fun night?
Speaker 6: The text read.
Speaker 3: I thought you were just going to say, hey, our next day, let's not do top golf.
Speaker 4: Maybe something a little lighter.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: Wait, didn't he pay for dinner?
Speaker 6: Yeah? He paid for dinner.
Speaker 4: Okay, she's just sharing.
Speaker 5: I think she's trying to like be honest and be like, I'm in a vulnerable place to.
Speaker 1: Really get that.
Speaker 2: I'm just curious how you brought it up, Like is it seems so out of the blue.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean we were just like talked about date, and then we were talking about like, well, what's you're week like and what are you doing, and I was just feeling a little stressed because of this, and so like it was just sharing like general stuff.
Speaker 5: Well it sounds normal to me, Like, don't you when you were dating Brooke talk about paying rent with all the guys that you hung out with your rent?
Speaker 1: Do think? Like I think it's good to be vulnerable with people.
Speaker 2: But I'm wondering if he read it as basically an ask for money.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's how I read it. And how did he react to that text?
Speaker 6: He was like really sweet, and he he did send me a little bit of money.
Speaker 4: I mean like, oh, really, that sounds.
Speaker 6: Like he's an amazing guy who cares. I mean, we've been on one date. I wasn't expecting him to do it.
Speaker 4: He set Wow, let's just are you taking notes over there?
Speaker 1: But he set you money and then stop talking to you because that's kind of strange.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what happened after that?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And then we were supposed to go out again and now he's just not responding.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 1: Do you think it regrets the money?
Speaker 2: He said, like maybe he sent it when he was feeling bad and then after he thought about it, he's like, ah, man, that's kind of a week I was money for the date, and then he ran out.
Speaker 3: I fought a nice gift for a girl, and you found a couple hundred box and then they kind of insinuated one another and you realize, all right, this may be the base of the whole relationship in the back out right.
Speaker 5: Now, an exchange of money or goods can change the vibe between two people.
Speaker 1: You would know, Jeff, Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 4: Very cold after the exchange.
Speaker 5: I will tell you that even though I'm satisfied in the moment, let's just not get into this. We need to call Blaine and figure out where his head is at. That's the most important. We're going to come back and do that with your second date update.
Speaker 4: Right after this second date update, we're.
Speaker 5: In the middle of a second date update with one of our listeners, Carly.
Speaker 4: Am I saying that right, Carly, Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you want to emphasize the why more Carle exotic?
Speaker 5: It could be the traditional pronunciation of Carly. We're all still recovering from some of the information that we learned about her date with Blaine, and.
Speaker 1: She shared a lot.
Speaker 5: She did all the highlights real quick. They had a great meet up at Top Golf. It's where they met, had a great get to know you date Sash, followed by kind of an awkward text exchange that involved him sending our listener Carly money because she admitted she was short on rent.
Speaker 1: Ah, which is really kind of him.
Speaker 4: It is, but it does change the vibe. I mean me just saying it. Yeah, it does.
Speaker 5: It feels awkward to say they exchanged money afterwards, but he did send her some and then after that did not follow through with their plans for another date.
Speaker 8: I have a question. Don't pipe up this early? But was it alone?
Speaker 3: Like, is this something you're supposed to pay you back? Or he just gave you the money expecting nothing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he didn't say it was alone.
Speaker 4: He guess it's not if he's not calling you back.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's the worst loan shark.
Speaker 4: Yeah, never mind.
Speaker 2: I mean, maybe it's just because she didn't set him a formal thank you.
Speaker 4: Oh I feel like, carl you must have said thank you, right, Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah of course.
Speaker 4: Okay, So what's running through your head?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 4: What what's going through your mind before we reach out to him?
Speaker 6: I don't know. I mean, like it might have made it weird, but I really like, I I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't know, but you also made your rent, right, so that's good news.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I really like him, so I mean, like I was they really bummed if that's the reason, you know.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you, if a guy asked me to help pay his rent, I probably would call him back.
Speaker 5: He is husband, Michael, do not ask to ship in towards This is on you this time. Let's just reach out. We'll see if Blaine picks up. Hopefully he has an explanation for us. But here we go.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hey, is this Blaine.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's just Blaine.
Speaker 4: Hey man, what's up. It's Jeff.
Speaker 2: Just on a first name basis, Jeff, I thought he would know.
Speaker 1: When has anybody ever known?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Thanks a lot.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry. Who are you guys?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll explain. We're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning on the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a good thing.
Speaker 5: We're calling you for a really fun, exciting reason because we're doing this segment called second Date Update.
Speaker 4: And we got an email from one of.
Speaker 5: Our listeners named Carly, who says she's very disappointed that you two aren't seeing each other and hanging out again.
Speaker 8: Yes, she really liked to Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, does that make you curious.
Speaker 8: You have no, not really. I mean she's cute, she's fun. I just not interested in seeing her again. I mean, what else do you want me to tell you?
Speaker 7: I get it a million of those out there, but look, it would be helpful if we get a little bit of information for maybe there's more reasoning why.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's too much.
Speaker 5: To delve into this, but I did hear that the two of you guys kissed at the end of your date.
Speaker 4: And usually when that happens and the.
Speaker 5: Lady says she wants to go out again, that's a pretty exciting thing for a guy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we had a nice guess at the end of the date.
Speaker 2: Okay, can you give us something here to tell her?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 8: Well, okay, after our days we started texting each other. She said thanks, I had a good time, and then we started making plans as she mentioned that she was going to be short on rent next month.
Speaker 4: Whoa, that's that's new information to us. Wait to say that, Okay, any.
Speaker 6: Chance you sent her money?
Speaker 8: So I actually did?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, yes, we're all acting surprise now, dude, what a generous move.
Speaker 4: Of you.
Speaker 1: Wow, So wait, I have a question. Why did you send her money?
Speaker 8: I felt bad, I mean like I've been short too, and I just felt like I can help her out. I'm in a decent spot. I asked her what her VENMO was, and I kicked her two hundred dollars right away.
Speaker 5: She mentioned that you were like a really good, caring guy. So that's clearly coming to.
Speaker 2: And when you're describing it too, like you're not shaming her, you're not making her feel bad.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, did that make it weird though to give her the two hundred dollars?
Speaker 8: Not exactly, I mean, I'm what what was weird is that she was like, she was very appreciative. She was like thank you, thank you, you know. Yeah, but then she says, I'm still eight hundred short.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, maybe maybe she was just telling you that so that.
Speaker 4: So that you could run her finances.
Speaker 1: Yeah, before how she already said she couldn't pay her I don't know.
Speaker 7: Talking and she should follow up with that.
Speaker 4: What was going on? What was going on with your in your mind?
Speaker 8: There's no way I'm giving a thousand dollars to a chick. I just met you, and I'm thinking about like, that's just a bad feeling, you know, it's a whole bad vibe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's really short on rent.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Yeah, I started thinking like, did she do this to other guys?
Speaker 2: It definitely doesn't feel like she's a scam artist or anything when we talk to her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, most girls don't at first.
Speaker 8: Brook.
Speaker 1: Oh, I feel like it's pretty honest.
Speaker 8: Whatever her situation is, it's just not something I want to be involved with.
Speaker 4: I think before you.
Speaker 5: Make any final decisions on that, I feel like maybe you need to hear from Carly herself, because she has been listening on the other line wanting to.
Speaker 8: Talk to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's waiting for the other eight hundred dollars, so she.
Speaker 1: Didn't call for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm kidding.
Speaker 5: We didn't even know about the eight hundred dollars deficit. So let's just let Carly talk to you here.
Speaker 6: Call you there, Hey, Yeah, I'm here. I mean, you're actually like it's a big deal to ask a question like I was, you know, and I didn't even ask a big deal, was just informing, like I just told him I was still short.
Speaker 4: Are you wait?
Speaker 3: Are you putting it out as a vibe, like as an insinuation.
Speaker 8: Like why else would you tell me that after I just gave you two hundred dollars? You know, like why why? Why else would you share that information? And what's what's this thing about? Like now I'm going to have to go to work?
Speaker 1: What is that what you said?
Speaker 5: Car?
Speaker 1: You're not working?
Speaker 8: She actually said to me, I still got the text. I can read it to you.
Speaker 2: Oh that's what I wanted to please help us, that's what I asked her to do.
Speaker 4: What did she say?
Speaker 8: Well, no, it says right here. She's like, look, I need eight hundred dollars more from you or I'm going to have to go to work.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, that's way different.
Speaker 1: Wow, I thought you were trying to be vulnerable with this guy.
Speaker 6: You have to go to work? I mean, like nobody does. I don't want to.
Speaker 8: Why this makes me question everything, Like how did she even get that top golf? You know? Did she pay for it or somebody else pay for it?
Speaker 5: You know you don't have to pay for top golf, Yes you do. If you're at a birthday party, you don't.
Speaker 2: Jeff, Everyone chips in for birthday parties except for you.
Speaker 4: It's the same thing when we go to eating group things. And I have to say, Jeff, you have to pay leave before they bring the bill. There's nothing they can do. I'm just saying, just like everything's free, you don't pay.
Speaker 1: Do not back this up, Curly, this is not good for you.
Speaker 5: I just be'tven.
Speaker 8: You want rent going like a sugar dotty site, normal data.
Speaker 4: You don't got a trick people. You could just be open to yeah, or.
Speaker 2: Just get a job. Why, it's just a universal rule of life.
Speaker 4: Why even being mean, She went to work, she got the money, she paid her rent, she said until next month.
Speaker 5: The person that we really need to focus on here is Blaine. I bet he feels horrible for not coming through for Carly in her time of need and making her work auditioned out the eight hundred dollars.
Speaker 8: Right, yeah, I feel so horrib Okay, I.
Speaker 4: Really wanted to hear because he's.
Speaker 8: No, I'm not responsible for no. Man.
Speaker 5: Well here's what you won't have to be responsible for paying for your next date with Carly because we will cover that bill for you.
Speaker 1: Is that what you call this from the beginning, Carly?
Speaker 4: Because we're going to cover the check. No, actually, wait, that made me think of something.
Speaker 5: Carly did you move up the date a few days earlier so you could ask him for your rent before it was due.
Speaker 8: Friday?
Speaker 4: Is that why you changed the day?
Speaker 6: Remember that it's a coincidence.
Speaker 7: Come on, no, wait, Jesday is way too specific to be a coincidence.
Speaker 4: The first of the month, he Carly.
Speaker 5: I am equally parts disappointed and impressed by you.
Speaker 6: Okay, you guys are reading way too much into this, like we just get on with the gift card thing.
Speaker 4: Jokes on you, Carly. Nobody here reads. But let's let's do what he said.
Speaker 5: Let's ask Blaine, would you like to go out with Carly one more time?
Speaker 4: On our time?
Speaker 8: I'm not feeling it. No, I go next thing. I know she's probably gonna be trying to sell me some bitcoin.
Speaker 4: Carly. Do you have some available though, because now at the time.
Speaker 6: Sounds like no, I don't do crypto, she.
Speaker 1: Doesn't do any money, have nobody?
Speaker 6: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Man, I didn't know that working was optional.
Speaker 3: It's not, jeff We've all been here dedicating her whole life.
Speaker 4: I didn't know I could do that. I really need to look on to that.
Speaker 5: Hold on a second, hey, Brooks, I'm a little short on plane money this month. You rent your clothes, so I'm sure you've got some extra cash.
Speaker 4: Question mark broche Okay, okay, I'll see how she responds to that. I don't know, hopefully looking at it is. Look at that she said, Yes, I did you picks for it? You know what? Inappropriate? Okay, Okay, No, I'm not Brook, stop stop it.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, I'm just gonna send her to the link to our podcast at Brook and JEFFERYSTI now, I'm gonna send her the link and my photos on there. Oh God, God, please do not talk to me ever again.
Speaker 4: Thank you. All right, show is going to be weird moving forward.
Speaker 1: Don't said that to me.
Speaker 4: There was something in there for you to extra Brook.
Speaker 5: Go check out our podcast where you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey. All of our photos are up on there, and email the show if you want help.
Speaker 4: We'll call that person who's not calling you back
Speaker 8: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.