Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Tim Stanoveek with Christina Raffini. We're joined by Bloomberg News Cross asset reporter Taniza Soakova. You brought some stocks that are making big moves today.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: In the Green abur Chrombie and Feeds shares are staring today. Shares are up more than twelve percent. Ticker is A and F. It's coming off a pretty strong earning report. The company reported first quarter just the EPs that BEATA estimates. Shares are up more than twelve percent. The stock is actually down thirty percent here today, so it was kind of a little bit of a deep buying here. The report was good, but soviously it was under so much pressure for a long time. When we come when all those retailers, we're really looking at what the Middle East conflict means for them, and that's definitely soft spot in the report. Sales in Europe, the Middle East in Africa felt ten percent. Nevertheless, that's not a problem for investors today when comes analysts, there are a little bit more worll It's City analysts said it was encouraging to see that the brand returned to sales growth, but they're worried indeed about the impact from the Middle East. And one interesting point from Wiedom Blair analyst is that they the results were better than investors' feares fear, hence the reaction we're seeing, which is probably not the best thing you want to hear from antalysts.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm trying so hard to resist singing that song from the nineties, singing.
Speaker 3: Don't know, don't sing it. I know what you're talking about. No, no, please, just you know, I don't want to see get in trouble. Don't the rights to it, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, no one will know it's even remotely onto, I try to say.
Speaker 3: But Abercrombie has had so many different iterations.
Speaker 1: Really fascinating to me.
Speaker 3: I think out the nineteen nineties and the catalogs.
Speaker 1: And so iconic in the bags, and there was controversy and then it just kind of disappeared, but all of a sudden it is back. I mean, I found myself in the one on Fifth Avenue and it was packed with a really wide range of shoppers. So there's clearly appealing to still my generation and then the newer generation. There are a lot of young people in there looking around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and even between what twenty twenty two going up to twenty twenty four, the stock pushed higher in a short time by over one thousand percent. It's down from those all time highs back in twenty twenty four. But you know, maybe this is a little bit of a recovery.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure, I definitely found myself in one of those periods where I became a big fan. But yeah, so many changes. Another brand that's kind of seeing a lot of reinteration, and there are like few different brands that have gone through a lot of changes is the Exporting Goods Shares actually a down today, very different reaction to the retailer. It's a mixed for first quarter earnings report. It's not necessarily super bad. The ticker is the KS. The smoke is up thirteen percent year today. Despite the tension we're seeing today, what only is saying is that food locker turnaround appears to be progressing. We've been talking about all those turnaround that one seems to be doing well. Both Dicks and Food Locer beat expectations. A lot of optimism there. Jpie Morgan analysts are saying that both brands are sewing strong sale performance and are pretty feeling pretty good about this. Dick's legacy business is strong momentum heading into the summer, and then of course we have school season, so in the next few quarters we're seeing pretty positive momentum. One thing they're trying to expand, it's marketing tied to World Cup events. So I don't know if you bought tickets. I don't know if you're excited.
Speaker 3: Do you think I bought tickets the World Cup?
Speaker 4: Did you sign up for the watery?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I didn't sign up for the lottery. Is there still time to sign.
Speaker 1: Up for the lottery?
Speaker 4: I think it's every morning.
Speaker 3: It's okay, I'll sign up for the lottery for tomorrow. But yeah, I was thinking about going to the World Cup and then I heard about how expensive the tickets wereund like, we've got a different soccer yea, yeah's go to Europe up instead. Okay, what about a different retailer that's out with earnings too?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: All retailers say bath Body and Work shares are up ten percent. The thick is BBWI. The company report the first quarter reserts ahead of concessed consensus, ahead of what Wall Street was expecting. Stock is actually down here today, so this was much needed relief, but it's still not enough to leave the company higher for the year. We have some company news. They said their CFO, Eva Borato, will step down from her role effective June twelfth. Along with that, we actually saw some price cuts in the days before we saw td cow and we saw ubs, so sentiment has definitely definitely been mixed. Something interesting we're seeing in that space the company has been expanding on Amazon and is trying to get customers there. They say about seven percent of their active in store assortment is coming from Amazon, which is pretty interesting. And again, as Abercombe and Fitch, they're trying to get to that younger consumer, so they're.
Speaker 3: Using Amazon as a portal they reach concerns.
Speaker 4: Yes, they started not too long time ago.
Speaker 1: That's interesting though, because you think of bath and body works like you think of going in the store and in spread yeah things and coming out smelling ridiculous. But the process, I don't know how you choose those things online that you just order and hope for the best, but.
Speaker 4: Obviously easier put it all together on an Amazon and just get one item, Isn't it?
Speaker 2: The Stock Mover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.