Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy football advice, speculation, and whatever stupid stuff they decide to drop into the show. Now here's your host. Charge.
Speaker 1: There's gonna be a lot of stupid stuff in this show. Matter.
Speaker 3: This is the stupidest show of the year.
Speaker 1: It really is every other show. It's a breaking down players and games and everything else and fantasy you know stats, It's all not this one. Nope, this is our once a year super Bowl enhancer show.
Speaker 3: What can make your Super Bowl better?
Speaker 1: Yes, hopefully we can.
Speaker 3: I think Old Red Reserve which I'm looking at and charge your your new whiskey. I'm very excited to try it. How does it aged six years if it just came out? Did you guys come up with us six years ago?
Speaker 1: No, we did not, and thank you for asking. If you're in the Mini and the Minnesota area, you can pick up Old Red Reserve bourbon. So the people at Gray Duck Vodka, Jackway and Chad Greenway, they were interested in doing a one off bottling of whiskey and they'll you know, putting it through their distribution network for Gray Duck. But they don't know anything about whiskey. Most of the most of the executives don't drink it, they know anything about it. So they came to me and they said, all right, charge, will you help us pick a whiskey because there are whiskey distillers out there that are just white label stillers they know. They just went, yeah, that's exactly like that, yep, And they said, we'll give you. They brought in like twenty samples of whiskey. You had a whiskey weekend, I really did. I got to play real life Whiskey Weekend, which is coming up by the way, and we had I have a great time going through and I found two out of the twenty that I really liked. Okay, So then it came down to affordability. You know, how much they would cost, how much, how many barrels they had to buy, blah blah blah. So we ended up picking this one. It's from Kentucky. It's six years aged, ok and it's delicious.
Speaker 3: It's fantastic. Yeah, what's your closest comp to it? Do you think?
Speaker 1: Oh I should? I should pour you some right now. I think the closest comp is Old Forester, okay, and the nineteen twenty, which I like a lot, by the way, So yeah, I think that would probably be my closest comp.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, this is gonna be all the stupid stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah in this episode, this was already a stupid episode, and now we're cracking that. We're cracking a whiskey. See, this is the beauty of not being on the air either. This is not an FCC violation, right, absolutely, this is we get to do whatever we want. And I love that part of it.
Speaker 3: Live from churches kitchen.
Speaker 1: It's us. I was having some whiskey, but we're also here for the show. And by the way, whiskey's part of all of my Super Bowl parties of absolutely. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh do you do you tend to do like a a cocktail or anything like that for your Super Bowl party where like you you have one set up or like an old fashioned bar or something like that.
Speaker 1: You will not be surprised to hear it that I do this. Yeah, I put out four unmarked bottles of whiskey. Are like I will pour four different, four different partial bottles of whiskey into an unmarked bottles okay, and then we do a taste off, a blind taste off.
Speaker 3: I like that you have unmarked bottles, I do.
Speaker 1: I do, I've unmarked blank bottles. So then I'll pour like you know what ends up being like a third of a bottle of whiskey. Then we do four of those and we have people grade them. Okay, and you got to pick a number one and number two and number three and at four and then we see who won, and then we do a reveal at the end of the at the end of the party. So yeah, that is kind of fun. So there's that. Oh I should try to get a sound in this. I don't know if people the glug glug of that. Do you want ice in yours?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So I'll throw a rock or two in there.
Speaker 1: Great, uh yeah, so I do that. That's the booze related thing that I do for the one of the party that we host, how about you.
Speaker 3: I haven't done a cocktail yet, but I'm kind of thinking about it for this year super Bowl party. Just specifically have one that's kind of set and people can make at the bar and do that together.
Speaker 1: So I like sound of that. Yeah, I think whiskey makes most gatherings better.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of people would agree with you.
Speaker 1: For food, I ask everybody to bring something. Yes, I do too, It doesn't I don't want to. I don't like the word potluck though. Potluck sounds like what old people do. Like we're having, you know, we're doing a bingo pot luck in a community center.
Speaker 3: Do you like it? Yeah? I do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: I always say a football snack.
Speaker 1: To share football snack? What constitutes of football?
Speaker 3: Well, it could be an appetizer or some people bring chicken wings, pizza like that kind of stuff, like things that you would munch on during a football game. Okay, that kind of all right.
Speaker 1: It doesn't have to be in the shape of a football.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, that would limit to everything, well, hard boiled eggs.
Speaker 1: My college girlfriend, who I'm still I'm still good, very good friends with. She every year brings a football dip in the shape of a football. She uses cheese across the top as the laces of the football cass.
Speaker 3: All right, sounds good.
Speaker 1: I make chili. That's my signature thing. I've had your chili before. You do a great job, Thank you very much. Yes, it's spicy. Yes, my feeling is if you're doing chili, just go for it.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So you know, I think on a scale one to ten, i'd say it's a seven and a half on the spicy level.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, if it's a seven and a half in Minnesota, it's probably it's.
Speaker 1: Somewhere else like that could be that could be true. The other key thing for the Super Bowl party, you just you have to have at least two t's.
Speaker 3: Going mm hmm, yeah, definitely right.
Speaker 1: So it's for the people who the serious football watchers who want to follow every play. They want to hear Kevin Burkhardt and not Tom Brady, mostly Kevin Burkhart. How do you really feel it's not good? He has room to get better.
Speaker 3: I don't think he comes back.
Speaker 1: Really, you think there's gonna be one and done.
Speaker 3: I think he's gonna be one and done, and I think he's gonna go do the Raiders thing.
Speaker 1: Isn't he like making like twenty million a year?
Speaker 3: He doesn't need the money. Well that's all the people who need the money, He doesn't need them.
Speaker 1: Well, we don't know the terms. We don't know the terms of his divorce. And remember Giselle made a lot more money than he did, so maybe he made money. Well, that could be. That could be. The TV closest to the kitchen is the casual TV.
Speaker 3: Yeah, volume lower volume, that's right, yeap volume lower.
Speaker 1: Just if you're going to be in that with that TV. Understand, people are gonna be chatting. They're not gonna be always looking at the game. Part of the party it is, and that's fine for people like me and I think you probably you. I care about the game and I want to actually see what's going on. I want to follow what I want to follow the game, yep, and play some games. We didn't mention this, we should have already. We're going to give you some game ideas over the course of this show that you can play to make Super Bowl party.
Speaker 3: Enhancers, including my game, which we featured on the show many times over. Yes, we have here.
Speaker 1: This is Matt Harrison's Super Bowl prop game. You can forget your version of it. And it's got how many questions thirty four thirty four different questions that have some of them are yes no, but most of them are multi multiple choice and you earn points based on how many you get right. And this is your prop game, is not it's not super intensive. This is for a very casual No.
Speaker 3: I really built it to be a game that is approachable for everybody else the party. The person who is showing up in a hardcore fantasy player, you're gonna love it. The person who brought their girlfriend and she hasn't watched a football game all year, but she knows that Taylor Swift is in the box and that's about it, right, She's going to enjoy this too.
Speaker 1: At some point, I want to ask you about this whole Kendrick Lamar thing. This is this It's going to be my whitest segment of.
Speaker 3: I don't know much either. I should have brought my daughter, right, I.
Speaker 1: Know, I know a little bit, but not a lot. But it's in here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I got to include the halftime show, and I mean that's part of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, I do like that. We cannot well, we'll save some of the questions that I that are some of my favorites for for a little later down the road. On your Super Bowl prop game bet, but people can follow you on Twitter and Blue Sky at Explosive Output.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: You've also got an Etsy page for where people can get your Super Bowl prop bet sheet.
Speaker 3: Yep, you can purchase it pinned posts in both my Blue Sky and Twitter right now. So that's the link to get there.
Speaker 1: Super fun, super easy. Somebody's already done on the legwork for you. It makes it makes it easy.
Speaker 3: I mean, anybody could build a game like this, it's just there's there's a lot more work because they do it than you think. If you want to sit down for six or seven hours and just you know, curate all the stuff, you could. But I did it for you, and give me a few bucks for it.
Speaker 1: I asked my Twitter followers. Other than Squares yep, which is not a very fun game to me because it's all lock.
Speaker 3: I feel like Squares not only do you need you need a lot of money to play, you also need a lot of people.
Speaker 1: You do want a lot.
Speaker 3: I have a big party in order to play, or you have to start farming squares out now if you might.
Speaker 1: You're right about that. That is one of the limitters on that.
Speaker 3: You got it. You have one hundred contestants that you need.
Speaker 1: Well, but people couldn't buy more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can buy more than one, right.
Speaker 1: And they'd almost have to. I'm trying to the biggest Super Bowl party I've ever thrown. I bet we've had forty forty ish people, Okay, and that's a lot. That's a lot of house. Yeah, and I but even that isn't obviously not one per person, one square per person. My friend Greg at Better Edge has this take on squares. Instead of just like randomizing the numbers and you know, you go buy a screen and you find out later that you got five and six, right, Instead of that, you do the numbers across the top and the numbers down the left side for the home and away team. You do that zero through nine, zero through nine. Then you auction each one of the squares. Yeah, which is kind of a fun idea, right, because it's interesting, seven, zero and three are really valuable numbers. So if you can get the cross section of seven and zero, that's worth more to you to auction, absolutely than say two, five or one, which are the least common football numbers.
Speaker 3: I think nine and eight are in there too.
Speaker 1: They probably are in there as well. But somebody I happened to somebody today's one of the people I follow on Twitter, happened to post the odds of every Super Bowl square, mathematical odds of each one hitting A.
Speaker 3: Few years ago, Brandon Maleski and I from kfe An We went down the road of trying to build a squares game in which you could see the entire game and you could put in on whatever square you wanted, but anybody else could also put in on that square, so it was essentially shares, and then you had to split the pot. However many ways the shares went. So you could take five and nine and be the only one on that square sitting all alone, but you could take seven and seven and there might be forty people on there, and then you're splitting the pot forty ways.
Speaker 1: Ah, that's really cool. So I kind of like that shared that way. Yeah, yep, that's fun. This is from ramon Scott on Twitter, or it's Scott Ramone. I can't always tell. I mean Scott, it could be either way. First, you figure out roughly how many commercials will be run during the broadcast. You might even know because this is the sort of thing you know with your prop sheet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've watched most of them already.
Speaker 1: I bet I bet you have, which takes a little the fun out of it for some people.
Speaker 3: It does. But when I do the prop back game and I'm like, live tweeting the Axisions stuff. Yes, it's it's kind of stressful commercials for me. I often everybody's cheering at my party. Oh yeah, it's Eminem's on there, and then I forgot I miss everything that's said in the commercial. So I'm watching them ahead of time. No big deal.
Speaker 1: Let's say there's thirty commercials that are going to run. Yeah, or you just want to play with the first thirty commercials, Sure you get everybody gets a slip of paper with one through thirty. Then when the a commercial concludes, somebody goes by with like a hat and everybody puts in one of their numbers to indicate how much they liked that commercial. I loved it. It's a twenty eight, And they throw the twenty eight in the hat and then gosh, that's then everybody. Then you total them all up and you get your winning commercials.
Speaker 3: It seems like somebody is doing accounting during the super Bowl at this point, And while that sounds fun, you don't want to mean that there's one guy who can't watch the game anymore. That is true.
Speaker 1: That is true, all right. This is from Matthew Carilla on x I chose a really good whiskey. By the way, this is it's delicious.
Speaker 3: It's it's got like a subtle sweetness to it. It's very good.
Speaker 1: I think it is very good. It's it's calmely, it's it is sweet. It's got a little rye to it. But it's not a rye yeah by any means, but I think there's some rye in it.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Matthew Carilla on X he purchases betting slips for all his attendees and then when you show up, you get to pull a betting slip out of the hat.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a great idea.
Speaker 1: Get yeah, you know, like ten dollar bets or whatever. He doesn't. I don't think he drives himself broke on this.
Speaker 3: But obviously a way easy your thing to do if you live in illegal betting state paper sports book slips that you can go get.
Speaker 1: That's right, And it kind of only works that way, And he encourages people to trade betting slips, which I think is smart.
Speaker 3: That's fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know, like the one you got find somebody who wants that that bet. Yeah yeah. Brian Ericson on X he plays an MVP game. Everybody that wants to participate throws five dollars into a hat. You draw a player name out of I guess a different hat. You draw a player name hats multiple hats, draw a player name out, and if that player wins MVP, you win. But to add a little more like realism to it, key players, there's just one name on the slip, Patrick Mahomes or Jalen Hurts or Saquon Barkley. But for second tier players you get two or three players on your slip. So you have.
Speaker 3: Travis Kelsey and Chris Jones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, although Travis Kelsey I think would be a Tier one guy. But yes, yeah right, I think maybe maybe it'd be more like a DeVonta Smith and Juju Smith Schuster. Sure, something like that. So there's that game. I got one more for you, nick Lewis, thank you. Everybody puts a dollar. I like this one. Everybody puts a dollar into a cup. It guess it could be the hat as well.
Speaker 3: It could have some receptacle.
Speaker 1: Uh, if you want it to be more regal, you could.
Speaker 3: Use a chalice.
Speaker 1: Oh, I like that, go a chalice. So everybody puts a dollar in a ch.
Speaker 3: I think one of the things we missed is what do you put your dollars in at your super Bowl party, you should have something really good to put it in.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: I mean like a chalice, a chalice and cookie jar. If you have something that's an owl, you call it the superb Owl.
Speaker 1: Oh that's great. I do I do have it. I got to have an owl, big owl glass.
Speaker 3: That's that's it. That's your superb Owl.
Speaker 1: I like it. That's a brilliant idea. One person starts with the cup and everybody you start, you see it, everybody puts a dollar into the cup.
Speaker 3: So there's you.
Speaker 1: You have fifteen people sitting around. You have fifteen dollars sitting in the cup, and at any one time, one person is holding the cup and has it. On a negative offensive play which is a sack, a penalty, a turnover, you have to put in and you have to add money to it. You have to add a dollar in every time a negative play happens. But if there's a scoring play, you pull out. However, many points were scored, so on a field goal, you'd take three dollars out. On a touchdown you'd take either six, seven or eight, depending on the extra point or the conversion. And then anytime there's a change of possession the cup.
Speaker 3: More cup moves.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: It's kind of fun. You only you're only going to get the cup once per game though, that's the old times.
Speaker 1: On how many people you have that are participating.
Speaker 3: And really if you have, like, you know, twelve or fifteen people at the party, fifteen possessions is about how many possessions there's going to be in a game, give or take.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think maybe a little more, but you're in the ball park.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, right, right, you're right, you have like one if you got ten people. Yeah, you can't let the guy at the beginning of the line get the cup twice.
Speaker 1: That's the problem.
Speaker 3: You almost have to have two people touch the cup together.
Speaker 1: Maybe it sounds a naughtie, but yeah, that's that's a possibility. When we come back, I'm going to talk through the Matt Harrison Super Bowl fifty nine prop bet game and some of the crazy props you've come up with, and which on a handful of these which choices I would make for your prop game When we return to Fantasy Football Weekly. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly, Paul Charcian and Matt Harrison with you. I didn't formally say your name until now It's okay.
Speaker 3: Apolog It's been mentioned a few times on the on the on.
Speaker 1: The podcast, so exactly like the Matt Harrison super Bowl fifty nine prop bit. Yeah, if you would like to get your copy of it, it's available by via the link you will find on your Twitter or Blue Sky account at Explosive Output. Your prop bet game has thirty four questions for your Super Bowl attendees to answer, and it's broken into four sections. Yes, the early game stuff including all the way from the anthem to halftime Yes. Then you've got a break for halftime and halftime show related stuff. Then you've got a commercial section, and then you've got a full game area as well, which has things like will Travis Kelcey finished with eight or more receptions?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: And dumber stuff like will a fan run out of the field during the game.
Speaker 3: I had to dumb that one down because it's happened.
Speaker 1: Like four se many times five super Bowls.
Speaker 3: And at one point I had it as one hundred for if yes and ten if you got it wrong, thinking people were crutching yeah, and then people just kept winning Yes. So have you flipped it to it's now down to forty for a fan running on the field. But I would take yes forty points versus ten. I would take the yes on that just because I wait, if.
Speaker 1: It's happened four out of five times, shouldn't the no be worth more than the yes?
Speaker 3: You'd think that they'd beef of security a little bit, but you would think it happens every year.
Speaker 1: I want it to happen, if only to eventually hear the radio.
Speaker 3: Call by Kevin Harley, by.
Speaker 1: Kevin Harlan, the guy running down the field because.
Speaker 3: Guys drunken there, he goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that'd be worth it just for itself. Yeah, all right, I'm gonna hit you with a couple of my favorites out of this during the national anthem, who will be shown on camera first? I could get fifteen points if I choose Patrick Mahomes or Travis Kelcey. Yes, I could get fifteen if I choose Jalen Hrtzer Saquon Barkley. So that is your quarterback and key player.
Speaker 3: From each team. Those are your favorites.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those are fifteen points if you go with Taylor's swift or a bald which is a hilarious coupling.
Speaker 3: I thought I thought they might have a bald eagle like come flying around or something. I thought that would be pretty fun. They do that at the Eagles games.
Speaker 1: They do they've got that trained eagle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know they might bring the trained eagle and if the trained eagles flying around and they get him on camera first. I mean, but can they, okay, going to meet Taylor Swift?
Speaker 1: Would they let the Eagles do something with their mascot without the Chiefs having the equal opportunity.
Speaker 3: I mean there's that too, Like Chiefs like wolf mascot that gyrates his hips could just be down by the goalpost, like humping the goalposts during the atlanthem.
Speaker 1: He could They can't show Chief Aholic he's in jail.
Speaker 3: Sorry, yeah, he's out.
Speaker 1: Uh. And then none of the above on camera during the anthems. Fifty nine points yeah, which is very random. Most things are not like fifty nine.
Speaker 3: Point Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Oh that's why, now out you can make this bet. Will somebody be shown crying during the national anthem?
Speaker 3: It looks by the way, it looks like Chris Jones of the Chiefs is always crying.
Speaker 1: He's always he gets missed the every national.
Speaker 3: Anthem, so that if you can bet that, it's not on my sheet, but you could bet it.
Speaker 1: You can bet it. And by the way, the yes, it's like one to nine odds. Okay, they're absolutely convinced that somebody they're going to show somebody balling'.
Speaker 3: I try to make this game too, so it's not too hard for me to score. And if I have to like peace through like clips film and go is somebody? Is that a tear there?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I don't want to do that. So this, this is more fun.
Speaker 1: What will be the result of the first offensive play of the game. Now we don't know which team is obviously going to win the coin toss and have the first one. There's a lot of ways to it. I think I would pick the fifty point option accepted penalty that negates the play.
Speaker 3: It doesn't happen very often. I actually have this, Uh, you have the odds. I have what has happened on the first play of every Super Bowl? Okay right here? Oh, in fifty eight Super bowls? How many times has there been a penalty on the first play of the game.
Speaker 1: Oh, you've already told me it's not many. So I'll take four two. That's it too. Dang, all right, my, my, my, I'm changing my answer.
Speaker 3: So thirty two runs, yeah, I bet it's run twenty three passes. Of those passes eleven complete, two penalties, one safety.
Speaker 1: What Yeah, there was a safety on the first roe. Oh that was the That was the Broncos against Cam Newton. I think it was it Cam Newton. No was man Wait, I think it was it was the Manning. They hiked it like over his head. Yeah, and uh yeah, this was I think it was that happen.
Speaker 3: And that was two years in a row that the safety was the first score of the game.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, it's starting to I'm finally getting it all together. Yeah, Denver won the game. Manning was the quarterback of the game, in which he threw for like eighty yards because their defense was awesome. Von Miller was in his HEYDAYEP. Yeah, and that was the Cam Newton year. I think. Wasn't that the opponent against the front?
Speaker 3: I think it was. By the way, if you want to do first downs versus no first downs, which is on the first play on the sheet, fifty one no first downs, only six first downs on the first play that came out.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so almost nobody gets a first down.
Speaker 3: Nobody gets a first down, So all right, I like it.
Speaker 1: Yep, Okay, let's go to the halftime show. Pick the Kendrick Lamar song that will be the first or last played at halftime.
Speaker 3: It's such a crapshoot. It's a total crapshoot. Now, I did look up some of the odds for this to create this, this the scoring system. I don't know one Kendrick Lamar song in full honesty, but from what I've heard, Squabble Up might be one of his more Squabble Up and Humble are the two songs that are kind of the ones that he's known for. Yeah, and they think that your your biggest song is usually the last song, so I would probably in my mind, i'd probably go with Humble, which is a twenty five pointer. It's not the highest one in here, but I think you got a chance with that one being either first or last.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right. The big song, though, I believe is not Like Us, which is the Drake song about him being a sexual pressor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you see what the next question is?
Speaker 1: By the way, no, during the halftime, will well any of these players appear on stage and sing with Kendrick Lamar. You put Drake in the no chance Drake is gonna be on stage with Kendrick la.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, that's why I put im in there, and that's why it's one hundred points. And if people in the know will laugh at that, yeah they will.
Speaker 1: That's that is funny. Will there be a wardrobe malfunction?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: The problem is since the epic wardrobe malfunction of what about two thousand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Timberlake and Janet Jackson right now.
Speaker 1: The halftime shows on a delay, so they would never show it if it did happen. So I think it would have to be something where you would have to say even if they didn't show it, but if it did happen.
Speaker 3: We'd find it on Twitter.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, there's gonna be plenty of people filming the whole thing on there. Absolutely. All right, let's go to Super Bowl commercials.
Speaker 3: So for commercials, you can find out when commercials run if you dig deep enough. Okay, So that's why for my Super Bowl commercials part I try to make them after benchmark things that happen in the game. So you because you don't know those things, those will happen and then you have to wager around the Super Bowl commercials.
Speaker 1: I got you, because right now you can figure out the right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you figure out you can figure out the first beer commercial right if you look it up.
Speaker 1: But you don't know the first beer commercial after a first time goal or whatever. Yes, yep, okay, So a couple of examples after the first score of the game, which drink commercial will be seen? First? Mountain Dew fifteen points. Coffee Mate. Coffee Mate isn't has got it? It's a drink. I guess it's a liquid. Well sometimes or it's a powder. Yeah, coffee mat goes both ways.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Poppy is twenty What is poppy?
Speaker 3: It's like the the healthy five gram of sugar soda that's out on the market now.
Speaker 1: Okay, the healthy soda that's.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And liquid death, which is not trying to be healthy obviously, it's called liquid death.
Speaker 3: Have you ever had liquid death? No, it's water. What do you mean it's water? It's they they make fizzy water. They look like beer cans. Yeah, it's it's really fantastic. It's it's it's hilarious because.
Speaker 1: Assume it's some highly caffeinated jack.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, it's just water.
Speaker 1: I had no idea.
Speaker 3: It's lacry, but it's called liquid death, yeah, because they have a good sense of humor to them, because I mean, water can kill.
Speaker 1: You drowned in one, yes, all right, after the first turnover the game, which tech company will be seen first? Meta to be booking dot Com Go Daddy. Remember when Go Daddy did all of their like racy sexual stuff they've that's all in the rearview mirror, Annick and Patrick.
Speaker 3: It's not as not as racy, I don't think.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so anymore. Either homes dot Com or no turnovers, which no turnovers all game, which I guess maybe that could happen, right, that's possibility, yeah, Or the game ends without a without a turnover, So those would be the options. Metta's got the money for it, that's for sure. I would pick Meta.
Speaker 3: Yeah. On these commercial ones, a lot of them are twenty points, twenty five points, and thirty points lower points. I would pick a higher point total one in almost every scenario here. I'd try to pick one of the thirty point or twenty five point answers in every scenario because it's just a little bit of a difference maker in the game and.
Speaker 1: It's all kind of ran. It's all a crapshoot anyway, yep. But you don't have big swings and points for most of these, which is part of it. Yeah, let's do the Kick of Destiny. This is a bit between Eli and Peyton Manning where they're going to try to see who's the better kicker. Yeah, and they're gonna do it live, right or has it already been recorded?
Speaker 3: Do you know? You know? I don't. It says it's live because Fan Duel sponsors it. Yeah, I think it might be live, but it could be on a delay or something like that. They could record it, you know, an hour before that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: But you've given four options. Eli Manning makes at least one field goal.
Speaker 3: Yep, and these are all any If you get any of the answers correct on this one, you'll earn points. So it's possible that there are multiple correct answers.
Speaker 1: Okay, Peyton Manning makes at least one field goal, and they're kicking. They start kicking from the twenty five.
Speaker 3: They have twenty five yard field goals that they start with, right.
Speaker 1: But if they both miss, they're going to move it to twenty to make it easier, yep. And then fifteen they keep inching out to the goal right here, may mean there's a point in which you would be really hard if you're right under, you're like the three yard mark, it'd be hard to hit that field goal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at fifteen, fifteen's about as close in as you could probably get and probably pop it over.
Speaker 1: Do they have fake linemen in line in a spot so that they would be, like, you know, trying to block it.
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I think I think it's maybe even on a t all right, so.
Speaker 1: Which would make sense, honestly. Then neither manning makes a field goal.
Speaker 3: And they each get three three chances, so if they miss the first two, they're kicking a fifteen yard field goal. So gosh, they're both athletes if they're missing twenty five, twenty, and then fifteen yard field goals.
Speaker 1: Have you tried kicking field goals?
Speaker 3: Yes? Well I'm a soccer player, sure, so that's true. In high school I could kick about a forty really, yeah, that was that was like my max distance, though I don't think if I.
Speaker 1: Gave okay, even then, if I gave you ten kicks from forty, how many would make it the forty yards and go between the uprights.
Speaker 3: Uh, probably four.
Speaker 1: You missed your calling. Yeah, I should have been focusing on your kicking skill.
Speaker 3: I don't think I would have made it. I don't have that crazy flexibility. I can't get my leg that high up in the air. You know it's problem. The follow through is everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're noted for not having the sort of limber legs have a kicker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: A couple of items from the from your prop sheet and again if you're if you're if you find this to be something you would enjoy for your Super Bowl party. Follow Matt on Twitter or blue Sky at Explosive Output you can get the links to the sheet. There will there be an octopus in the game. Now for people that don't know, and I didn't know. I only learned about this term I don't like two years ago. Right, it was a Super Bowl bet like two years ago.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: That's the when you get when the same player scores the touchdown and gets the two point conversion.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So if Travis Kelcey catches the touchdown and then they go back to him and he catches the two point conversion.
Speaker 1: The yes on its eighty eight points. The no is ten. Yeah, what would you do?
Speaker 3: Probably the no?
Speaker 1: Probably it never, it's it's extremely rare, it's super tough. Yeah. Although there's this, especially with the Chiefs, their number of plausible scoring options is really down to just a couple of guys.
Speaker 3: I would argue that Philly is the same way. If it's not Barkley Brown, Hurts, Hurts, God or Smith, that's it.
Speaker 1: Okay, the Chiefs. The checko's a non factor. You've got Hunt getting all the work inside the inside the five. Yeah, and then there's Travis Kelcey. That's about it. They got like fourteen wide receivers that they don't throw to other than Worthy. I mean like worthy.
Speaker 3: I got a two point conversion in the in the AFC Championship game. That's that's the issue is.
Speaker 1: They just don't use very many players.
Speaker 3: They could track out a random couple of wide receivers every time. So that makes it more difficult for the Chiefs because I think they have a lot of options that maybe aren't good ones.
Speaker 1: All Right, this other full game item, will there be a doink in the game? How the do'ke is not common? No, But I swear I've seen fifteen of them this year.
Speaker 3: I mean, there has been a lot this year.
Speaker 1: It seems like we're gonna we're doink crazy right now.
Speaker 3: They're doint crazy. I think that that's a fun one to go for it. Seventy points for the S and ten points for the note.
Speaker 1: Seven to one odds. I'm Michael yes on the doink.
Speaker 3: Yeah. How about this one? Though, although Butker never don't see it's just so good he doesn't. It is Saquon Barkley's birthday on Super Bowl Sunday. Will he run for at least one hundred and twenty rushing yards and score two touchdowns?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: Well, the way you've got it set up, the YES gets seventy two points, the NO gets ten. Seventy two seems a little random.
Speaker 3: Those are real odds, the real based on Yeah. I put it into a calculator so that I.
Speaker 1: Mean Barkley's fully capable of that. Yeah, it's I get seven times value value points. I would I'd go with the YES on that, and I take the seventy two I think I would do.
Speaker 3: It's just the de point, which means the NO is probably gonna gonna hit. He'll probably have one hundred and fifty yards and one touchdowns.
Speaker 1: It could be, it could be, which would still be a great game.
Speaker 3: But it wouldn't.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't. It would not get you anything here, all right? Last one, will Travis Kelcey proposed to Taylor Swift on the field after the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this one is a holdover from last year's Super Bowl. That's right.
Speaker 1: That didn't go down last year.
Speaker 3: I did not even change anything on it. I kept saying odds, same odds eighty nine for Taylor Swift's nineteen.
Speaker 1: Eighty nine album There You Go, Okay.
Speaker 3: And that's the yes and no for ten. I don't think Kelsey would do it.
Speaker 1: I it's pandemonium after the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, first of all, you had the Chiefs have to win. He's not doing a.
Speaker 1: Loss, right, So let's just say that's a coin flip because it's it's a near it's near Pickham.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, so that already makes your odds tough. But the maybe the most influential celebrity couple in America, Yeah, it doesn't. It doesn't feel like they're going to do a proposal on the field at the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Do you win the proposal? Let's say the proposal is forthcoming. Yeah, say they're going to do it. Will it be public?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I don't either, or it could have already happened.
Speaker 1: You think you're secretly married already. There's no way they would let that pr go go without, you know, without monetizing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe not. Maybe maybe they'll announce that they secretly got married the day before the Super Bowl or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in a private ceremony. They went to the UH. The odds of Taylor Swift and Travis Kelsey going to like a Justice of the peace going to the courthouse at noon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could see Taylor and Travis. I am an official officiant.
Speaker 1: You are, yes, I am people by the State of the Universal Life Church, the Universal.
Speaker 3: Life of online fame. But I have married four couples, Travis and Taylor. I will do yours for free. You just gotta let my daughter come to the UH ceremony as well, because you freak out.
Speaker 1: Now, four couples or four people? And if it's four people, was it all in one?
Speaker 3: You know, like you know, could you do like it wasn't a quad uple?
Speaker 1: Or yeah? Four different couples, yeah, four different couples. Yeah, what makes you qualify? Why would I want to choose you for my next marriage.
Speaker 3: I'm okay at talking and and can read and and can tailor a Super Bowl or a Super Bowl prop bet game for your for.
Speaker 1: Your wedding wedding, which I would totally do that.
Speaker 3: I have seen people do prop bets for weddings, and I would definitely do that for for for a friend who wanted that. I think that would be fantastic.
Speaker 1: The prop bet that's going through everybody's mind at every wedding is how long will it last?
Speaker 3: Well, that that's that's that's a long game.
Speaker 1: That is takes a while to takes a while to cash.
Speaker 3: Now, it would be like, uh, who catches the bouquet? Like does does cake get shoved in anybody's face? Like? Like things like that, like like those kind of things that people can bet up.
Speaker 1: Would it all be reception or would it be things that are happening at the all?
Speaker 3: I think I think I think ceremony to reception.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think so too. So I think so too. One of the things I would have and I've seen it happen twice. Have you either the groom or bride pass out during the wedding? Oh, I've seen.
Speaker 3: It happen two times, I'm gonna have to write down.
Speaker 1: That happens. That happened.
Speaker 3: Maybe there will be a wedding prop bet game, like a more generic one available at the Explosive Output shop on Etsy coming up soon.
Speaker 1: I think that would be great. It would be if the usher is going to hand me a piece of paper when I walk into the church. Would you rather have it be a prop bet game or just your usual like order of events? You know, and here's the song, here's the efficient, and here's the you know, blah blah blah blah. You know I don't need that. But making a prop bet game, I'm.
Speaker 3: Man, how many times does the best man say during the speech that's good? Yes, good.
Speaker 1: Somebody have to score it. By the way, being an usher.
Speaker 3: Yeah it sucks. You can turn it down.
Speaker 1: I have twice been asked to be an usher, like, no, I'm not doing it. By the way, yeah, I'm not doing it because it's the lowest rung of friendship. That's still acceptable to ask and I gotta work it now, h right. So I'm not inner circle, I'm not the best man, I'm not a groomsman. I didn't make the inner circle. Sure, but I'm some second level friend that only puts me into the usher level.
Speaker 3: So not only if somebody asks you to be an usher, will you decline the usher, you probably not go to the wedding and you're no longer friends with that person.
Speaker 1: Well, at that point, I'm willing to. I'm willing to move myself to the third tier, which happens. I mean, people get pretty pretty angry when you say no. Like So what I have said in both cases is I want to enjoy your wedding, not work your wedding. Maybe that makes me an ass. I don't know a little bit, but I don't want to work your wedding. I want to go there and have fun. I don't want to have to rent the tucks that some like Sweaty Teenager for prom was just in you know, I don't want to. I'm not doing it. To me, that is, I don't want to. I don't want to work the wedding.
Speaker 3: Whatever stupid stuff they want to throw in the show, that's that's the show.
Speaker 1: This is it right here. So listeners, if you've been thinking about asking me to be an usher at your wedding, I'm out. I'm not doing it. I will be a groomsman at your wedding if I'm gonna say, yes, I need to have groomsmen level access.
Speaker 3: So are you? Are you just like a free agent groomsman? You'll like anybody who asks you on Twitter to be groom for hire?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, yep, but I'm not doing.
Speaker 3: Before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay a couple of times.
Speaker 3: How how's your best man's speech game?
Speaker 1: Really good?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Really good? Because it's all about making fun of for me, because you know, when it's a roast. Yes, I treated just I'm roasting the groom the whole time. A couple of barbs at the bribe bride to make sure that she knows that it's not going to be all about just making fun of him. I take a couple of swings at her too, but mostly I just try. I just roast the groom, and I think it's I think that's a good way to go. Yeah, I think it's a good way to go. Well, we're probably there for laughs at that point.
Speaker 3: We're probably past our best manning and groomsman days at this point where we're looking at our children getting married and giving toasts for that.
Speaker 1: You know, that's I know my kids hopefully a few years away from that. But it's but we're getting to that day.
Speaker 3: We're not that far off. I mean, your daughter's in college, changed my my son's in college. I got another one graduating this year.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you know, I know at this point that when my when the rare example of a friend that does get married, usually it's a second marriage at this point, and a lot of times they don't want then we want to have a formal thing like you know, hey, we'll be in Hawaii if you want to show up.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, those weddings are fantastic.
Speaker 1: That's I think those those are There's a lot to be said for that. The people who I got this friend who when he was he got married when he was I don't know, like twenty five. I got two friends one, you know, so the twenty five one he his wedding set him back financially so far. He got divorced before he was done paying off the first wedding. Oh god, that's a bad milestone. Yeah, that's a bad milestone. And his second wedding was a lot less expensive. I'm gonna write the name of the person for this other one who because you might know him. The second wedding that I'll mention was oh yeah, yeah, Now this was fifteen years ago, so keep the keep inflation in mind. It was a ninety thousand dollars wedding. The wedding itself, the ceremony and the reception was thirty thousand dollars, The ring was thirty thousand dollars, and the honeymoon was thirty thousand dollars in Fiji. And wow, as I found out later, this marriage only lasted for a year. As I found out later, at the honeymoon, So you've just spent ninety grand at the honeymoon. He knew it was over. He's like, I've made a terrible mistake. And they didn't even make it a year. And they were out ninety thousand dollars?
Speaker 3: Were they out ninety thousand dollars together? So they could split that?
Speaker 1: That right?
Speaker 3: Holy buckets?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not how I would spend ninety thousand dollars, No spend And I gotta believe that the way inflation is that that's probably the equivalent of I don't know, like one hundred and twenty thousand. Now, yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Could spend your money on a lot better things like already reserve.
Speaker 1: Yes, available in fine liquor stores near.
Speaker 3: You, which has made this podcast much a little.
Speaker 1: Bit better for us, not so much the listeners who are now forty.
Speaker 3: Seven know we're forty five minutes in and we haven't talked football. I know.
Speaker 1: It's like, I mean, we've already lost a lot of listeners. We're like, what the what the hell is this? This is not what I come here for. But for the people who got to the end of this one, congratulations. Yeah you are the truly hardcore and or lonely among our listeners, and we are so grateful or both right hardcore and lonely totally get that.
Speaker 3: Hey, people love podcasts. It's an intimate setting. And I mean, I know when I listen to podcasts, it feels like people I'm friends with, you know, So yeah, they probably feel like they're just hanging out in the kitchen with charg and Matt and having a whiskey of their own.
Speaker 1: Cheers to Cheers to you, Thank you for listening, and we will talk to you next week with a full breakdown of the Super Bowl game FFW style. You won't be here for that.
Speaker 3: No, who's coming is it?
Speaker 1: Fish fishes do So we got a lot of thor coming up in the off season for rookie talk.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Senor Bowl this week. He's loaded up with stuff to talk about.
Speaker 1: Is he can find a lot of his work about around that at fantasylife dot com. Yeah, and he's got mock drafts. He's talked about who's rising falling. Yeah, there's uh the running backs. It's insane.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I saw Thor was saying that, uh, you know, take running backs in the third round and you're getting like second or first round value out of some of these running backs.
Speaker 1: It's yep.
Speaker 3: And and it's just deep too, It's like thirty deep.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, like thirty draftable running backs. Not that thirty will be drafted because teams there's just not enough running back need out there.
Speaker 3: I beg to differ showing what has been shown with Saquon and Derrick Henry and power running games and James Cook. Those teams are all you know, they've gotten to the run and and the NFL is a copycat league, right, they're going to it's probably find there.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna take? Okay, there's thirty two teams, is every team? Are we gonna average one per team in the draft? Maybe yeah, maybe I don't know, maybe a couple are getting two Ollie Gordon. Yeah, yeah, remember Ali Gordon. These names don't mean a lot to us.
Speaker 3: And is it Ali with an O or an A?
Speaker 1: He's an I E O L L I E okay, Like like Oliver, Yeah, like Oliver. There's not enough Olivers in the league. Can you think of.
Speaker 3: Any Josh Oliver?
Speaker 1: Well, there you go. That's cheating, but yeah, that that works. I wonder what the last Oliver was that was in that was in the league. But this kid from Oli Gordon from Oklahoma State. He's he's big, He's a six one, two hundred and thirty three pounds, and he's nimble and can catch.
Speaker 3: No good running backs have ever come out of Oklahoma State.
Speaker 1: Though, No no history, no history there whatsoever. Yeah, it's I'm getting the juices are starting to get going. You know. I like to get a little bit of time away from the fantasy cycle and everything, and the playoffs kind of gives me that break to some degree. But it's gonna be. It's gonna be game on for this rookie class. I can.
Speaker 3: I'm really excited, Yeah, very excited from a fantasy standpoint to uh, you know, rebuild a new dynasty league. Now that ours end all.
Speaker 1: Bummer, My team is ready to just freaking dominate. Poor guy. You don't mean it. You don't mean it out I don't which I'm really frustrated that the last Alie in the league that I can find was it was it. There were a handful of them in the forties, fifties, but there was one guy in the seventies named Olie Smith, a wide receiver for the Colts and the Packers.
Speaker 3: Now he played shortstop for the count that's Ozzy.
Speaker 1: But yes, that's good. All right, thanks for listening, everybody, it's been weird. Bye. Fantasy Football Weekly is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.