Speaker 1: Good morning, peeps, and welcome to ok F Daily with Meet your Girl Danielle Moody recording from the Home Bunker, Folks. Coming up on today's show, I have doctor Suzanne Lachman joining us again to kind of unpack the Republican mush brain, which is what I'm going to refer to it as. And I can think of no better example of Republican mush brain. Then what is happening right now with the immigration bill? Right, So, for the last couple of months, supposedly Republicans and Democrats in the Senate have been concocting an immigration reform bill which is supposed to, you know, deal with the quote unquote crisis that we are experiencing around the country of an influx of migrants seeking asylum from countries that have been economically devastated, right, and have increased in violence. However, if you look inside of this bill, Republicans get everything that they want, right. No new protections from undocumented people being exploited, right, no real path to citizenship for those that are already here. They get their desire to quote unquote shut down the border when the number of those coming across have exceeded five thousand in the week, and you know, more money to build more walls and to do more things and have more security in all of these things.
Speaker 2: Right, Except.
Speaker 1: This is like a cornucopia of all of the things that Republicans have asked for. Democrats have completely greenlighted, and yet Republicans don't want it. And why don't they want it? Because Donald Trump told them not to want it? Because Donald Trump told Republicans that he does not want to bipartisan bill, particularly on immigration, passed during election year because then he won't be able to use it as a talking point. He doesn't want any progress to happen. He wants absolute chaos so that it can bolster his campaign. What the fuck kind of person is that Number one?
Speaker 2: Number two.
Speaker 1: When asked about this bill, which none of them have actually read in the House of Representatives, are already saying it's dead on arrival. A last dephonic has referred to it as the Biden Schumer Amnesty Bill or some bullshit like that. None of those things are actually in there, any of the things. The grievances that they are making up is exactly that. It's shit that they are making up to feed their base, because none of those things like open borders and just letting people flow in and no security and know nothing is a fucking lie. But it doesn't matter because we don't operate in reality when dealing with Republicans anymore because of Republican mush brain. Up is down and down is up, and right is left and left is right. So how are you supposed to negotiate with people who have no allegiance to the true and or logic but only have allegiance to Donald Trump?
Speaker 2: You don't.
Speaker 1: So I'm sick and tired of Democrats believing that they're going to get some compromise when the entirety of the House is made up of right wing white evangelical extremist domestic terrorists who want nothing more than destruction. So in order to get legislation passed and signed by the President, it needs to pass through both the Senate and the House. The Senate is where you kind of sort of still maybe have one or two grown ups, but those are the ones that are just, you know, prayerful that Donald Trump will continue to learn on the job, because apparently at seventy something years old, you know, they're still room for improvement there. Intellectually, I'm just so fucking sick and tired and so uh. Doctor Suzanne Lachman joins us to just unpack the crazy, and she says something that really does pique my interests, and I wonder if it will do the same for you.
Speaker 2: That interview is coming up next, folks.
Speaker 1: I am super happy to welcome back to wok F Daily psychologist, author and relationship expert Suzanne Lachman. Doctor Lochman, you know, I want to tell folks that you had recently seen me on on on MSNBC, UH talking about just some of the crazy and I you know, I'm not a doctor, so and I know that you although use that term, but some of the absolutely insane commentary conspiracies lies that are just consistently coming out of the right. Most recently, Charlie Kirk goes on a tirade about diversity, equity and inclusion, which he knows nothing about, but goes on a tirade about how he would never fly on a plane with black pilots and because are they even capable? Right, Because apparently the only capable pilots are those that are white, and if you see a black pilot then they must not have a degree at all. Or the skills set to even do the job right. That the only time that you see people of color, women, anyone who is not a white, straight male in positions of power or authority, they are simply there as just a token because they are underskilled, underperforming as general humans. You were outraged by it as I was talk to me about what is happening in the mind of this Republican party from your from your vantage point.
Speaker 3: Oh well, there are so many things happening. It's It's simple and yet complex at the same time. In terms of first of all, Donald J. Trump has given permission to everybody with an impulse control disorder.
Speaker 2: Ah mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Okay, because and up to this point, somehow he has managed to not get thrown in the slammer, which validates even more those who already follow him and see him as an icon. That's in fact, what I think actually does it is if he can get away with all of this right and nothing is as far as they can see, nothing significantly substantive for them has happened, yet they can still blame it on everybody else. Another piece of that, though, Danielle, is, is that these are people in general who are incapable of admitting that they're wrong. Yes, yes, I don't know if we talked about.
Speaker 1: Let's let's I want to talk about two things that you brought up, impulse control being one, right, permission to people without impulse control. Is that something that is actually a real issue or is it something that again, like you said, Donald Trump has given people permission and as I have said many times on this show and others, permission to be their worst selves? Right, So is there an actual impulse control? I have these thoughts and I can't stop myself from putting that information back out into the universe. Or is it No, Donald Trump is is you know, hitting them in the in the ego or in the in the place that allows them to say, no, your worst self is your truest self. So let so let that out.
Speaker 3: It's both hm hmm yeah. In terms of the impulse control piece back in the day before pre Trump, which also I think actually his name Trump and what that means somehow, I think that's also snuck in there for you know, look at what it means or think about what it means. It means you're on top of other people.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, yeah, yeah, So.
Speaker 1: That's that's anointed in that in that way, right, because that is also part of the the mystique and the love of Donald Trump is that he is above it all.
Speaker 2: So yes, yes, go ahead. Yeah.
Speaker 3: In terms of the impulse control piece, that was something that if the people who are struggling with it, many of whom have gone down to Texas and we're seeing the worst versions of themselves at the border right now. Not all, but many. They would normally have got get in trouble for the kinds of things that they say, behaviors that they're manifesting, but watching him and seeing him not get in trouble, it's giving them permission.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: There used to be at least enough confines there. All of those have been stripped away, whether it is that you're forced to carry your rapist baby or that being overtly racist is okay mm hmm, the level of threat it. First of all, there's always some truth, like a kernel of truth somewhere within a paranoid delusion.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So conspiracy theories are definitely they're getting more and more crazy, and I will use that term and out there right, but somewhere within there is more, hopefully empowerment of others, not just not just white, angry white males and females.
Speaker 1: I was just thinking about the kernel of truth wrapped around this like confection of conspiracy, right, and the fact that if you tease out one thing and you're like, oh, okay, well that is true?
Speaker 2: What is then? How does how does the mind adapt to these conspiracy theories?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Like I guess where I am is that you have Fox which tells no news, which offers no truth whatsoever, And how do people what what is it in our brain that has us question hmmm? Is that right? And for most people they would listen and they would say this doesn't see this seems very far fetched, right, Like is this right? But this audience is not doing that. They are just so absolute in their devotion and their belief system around everything that comes out of that part.
Speaker 2: So what is what is absent? What? What did or what did Donald Trump? And Trump isn't tap.
Speaker 1: Into in our psyche that allows us to discount allows these people thirty percent of the population, to discount facts and to pause and have reflection.
Speaker 3: You mean alternative facts? Yes, I think Trump himself is that little kernel of truth that the conspiracies are based on the things that he's touted, the things that he claims, the things that he's done, the way that he when you speak with that kind of authority and in the face of cameras and people watching and listening and be so able to lie and he believes himself right right, makes it even scarier. But because of that, others those who are who need, who think they need a leader like him, because he gives them permission to not have to be wrong, to never have to say they're sorry. Those muscles of hate and rage are just are just getting more and more exercised. Uh, and and the anything. Because if you're dead set on not being able to see yourself as wrong or admit you're wrong, you're gonna do say anything in order to keep your own faith.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know when you say and I want you to unpack it a little bit for us here that Donald Trump is their kernel of truth.
Speaker 2: What do you mean? What? What what do you mean that?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: What? What comes up?
Speaker 1: Because I really like you've just hit You've hit something for me in terms of my thinking, and I'm like, oh my god, is this really what it is?
Speaker 2: What? What do you mean when you say that?
Speaker 3: Well, when I was saying that conspiracies are based usually on some kernel of some truth somewhere they don't, which is why, incidentally, paranoid schizophrenics are the hardest to treat because paranoia and conspiracy theories are so hard impossible to dismantle. Trump has weaved around himself a web of lies, and that web of lies has been justification for all of these people to create their fantasies, their qanons that he then comes back and validates and or proud boys, you know, stand by whatever, or you want to think about what he said. But everything that he's said and done up to this point has enabled people to massively expand their beliefs, their dead setnis on their conspiracy theories.
Speaker 1: Because one of the things too, when you say that, I think about the fact that Donald Trump is successful, right, Like he got to the White House because people believed him to be a you know, amazing successful businessman. You come to New York City, there isn't a place that you can go that you're not going to see Trump on a building, on prestigious real estate in New York City. Right, Donald Trump, you know wrote and I use quotation marks the Art of the Deal. Right, He's the guy that you know you're hired. You're fired from the television show for white America who found themselves, like I honestly believe, found themselves in a situation where they're like, huh, this country doesn't look the way it does that it did when I was growing up. My neighborhood looks different, My neighbors look different. The qualifications that I thought that I needed in order to have the quote unquote American dream are not the same anymore. Right, Donald Trump is like their mascot in a lot in a lot of ways, right, And so when you when you say that, I think the truth is teflon Da that was that was his nickname. You could throw lawsuits at him, you could do all of these things, but it was never gonna stick because he's above reproach. And so I'm like, in your mind, is there or like you said, with paranoid schizophrenics, is there no way to extract the kernel from the web of the lies that have been told? Because the truth is that white Americans who got only a high school diploma, who were you know, had worked, let's say, in manufacturing and what have you, they are very much displaced. That is actual facts, right, Because you need multiple degrees in order to just survive in this country. That is true, right, Why that happened is what is actually true. They're being told why that happened is because black and brown people came in and took something from you, and the Jews and the Jews right and the jew and so right. So let's so let's blame this group of people. Like what you're feeling is true. You have in many ways been displaced because your jobs have been sent elsewhere, knowing that though doctor Lockman, is there not a way? Is there a way for us to unwind that web of lies?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Is there a way that you see when you listen to democrats, you're like, they're not hitting it because they're not hitting this part of their brain.
Speaker 3: Well, once he is tucked away in jail, and there are a lot of people angling for that to have so inevitably it's going to have to catch up to him, either that or he'll die one or the other. But once he is out of our everyday awareness, these are also people with relatively short attention spans. He has been able to stay in their awareness thanks in large part to the media who are really enabling this. But what else is new that's generally what happens. But once he doesn't have a mouthpiece anymore, and we have to hope that given all of the strategic maneuvers that are going on within the courts.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 3: They're trying not only to get him in jail, but to rip away his reputation as being so rich and fancy and famous, and that is what's making him crazy. More his reputation is torn down the crazier he gets.
Speaker 2: Now it's true, yep.
Speaker 3: We're still dealing with people who not only they have high thresholds for abuse, for abuse of language, so a lot of the it's just locker room talk. But between that and the inability to say that they're sorry, because it means that there's something wrong with who they are. Their inability to admit that they're wrong. When he's removed, it's sort of all going to collapse on itself. The pendulum is going to start to swing in the other direction. Like if you look at what actually happens in the world or in the United States, sections as the Republican States get crazier, there seems to be like on not News TV, but like on Netflix or on other channels, they're trying to show more empowerment, more connection, more of a sense of community, more interracial. So I think that message, hopefully is what gets through. It's usually what happens. It's even seen in commercials. You'll see more patriotism in the face of like nine to eleven for example. But then when Trump was in office, that was not a way that people advertised, right, the smart people appealing to consumers who would actually buy. So yeah, and by the way, they are ripping Trump's name down down from everywhere York City. And there are plenty of people here who he owes money to who he never paid. And what he's done is he just get he locks them up in court.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because he has the money to be able to run the game. The last question I have with you, though, for you is what do you make then of the copycats? Right, the trumpest copycats, the politicians that we are seeing that are copying his language, his bravado. Where what I believed, right, and I think many of us wanted to believe in twenty twenty, is that we got rid of him when we voted for Biden, right, like we never could imagine you lost in a lect like you're gonna run again? Right in the general we hadn't seen that. But Trump didn't go away, and Trump is actually spread. So what do you make of the copycats that if things were to pan out and one of these lawsuits where to actually find their way through and Donald Trump goes to jail while he's appealing all of these things, Like, say that happens, what about all of the trump Ism that has already spread?
Speaker 3: Nobody does it like Trump. They're all going to collapse on themselves. And many of them already know that what they're doing is outlandish and outrageous and they're just trying to garner the support that he has. But I picture a sort of a masked deflation happening.
Speaker 1: Then Ron DeSantis in Florida was supposed to be the Trump apparent, right, Like the Trumpiness without the quote unquote baggage is how he you know, made himself up to be in the spotlight fizzled mm hmm, right, And so I I Nikki Haley right now, still battling it out. You know, doesn't have But you're right, they don't have the charisma, so they can copy as much as they want, But it's the charisma.
Speaker 2: That people are addicted to.
Speaker 3: They're still hanging onto his coattails, and when his coattails are locked away, that's it.
Speaker 1: Well, from from your lips to the heavens, uh, Suzanne Lachman, thank you so much for making the time to join ok F again and will keep having you back because they like keep being something else.
Speaker 2: This is uh that.
Speaker 3: Cop that we need to keep talking about. So yes, I'm here.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you so very much. H m hm. That is it for me today.
Speaker 1: Dear friends on woke A app as always power to the people and to all the people.
Speaker 2: Power, get woke and stay woke as fuck.