Speaker 1: The second date of dating. Dating is a lot like riding a bike. First, you do it with dad's help. Why because right behind you making sure that you don't get hurt because it's scary the first few times.
Speaker 2: Why is your dad there?
Speaker 1: Well, mom's holding the camera shouting positive things, don't close your eyes, stop crying.
Speaker 2: You have a really close family.
Speaker 1: But then eventually dad let's go. And suddenly look at that you're doing it all by yourself.
Speaker 2: Why is mom still there with the video camera?
Speaker 1: Asked her to be there? But I bring you back afar up because one of our listeners, Dennis, emailed the show, and Dennis It says, this was your first date that you've gone on in quite a while. Like, were you in a relationship before that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I was in a long term relationship for a little while, okay, and I've been single for two years now, What.
Speaker 2: You've been single for two years but you just haven't dated.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I kind of gave up one dating for a while. I mean I was just down on myself, you know, I just had some self esteem issues and things I needed to work on, and it kind of got into a pity party sort of thing for a little while. And I had to come back out of it.
Speaker 4: So I love that you did you, Dennis, and it looks like it turned out pretty good because you're back up on the top. I love hearing those type of stories.
Speaker 2: We all do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got into a gym, got back in the racquetball, I'm rock climbing now, and I'm even on an adult kickball team. Fun.
Speaker 2: We don't need a second date update with him. We're going to do self help with Dennis. I mean this is great.
Speaker 1: Who needs women just playing racketball until you die? You got mountains to climb. Well, I mean that's great that you came out the other end, and it sounds like you're in a better place. So you ended up meeting somebody met lady named Stephanie.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, you'll real smart and a great sense of humor. We hooked up after work.
Speaker 2: Oh you sound confident, but I didn't really.
Speaker 3: When I say hooked up, I just mean we got together. I told you guys, I haven't been dating for a while. I don't know what all the lingo is.
Speaker 1: Okay, hooking up. Just so you know, Dennis tends to be like you get intimate, like romantic.
Speaker 5: Yes, women, I want to like you, you haven't done this in two years?
Speaker 2: How are you feeling?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: What's going through your head when you're going to meet her?
Speaker 3: Very excited, excited, at a little a little anxious.
Speaker 1: So what did you and Stephanie end up doing for your date?
Speaker 3: We ended up doing what I like to do and I wanted to share with her, which is a passion of mine. It's rock clock cool.
Speaker 2: That's a sexy date. I like it. I like it.
Speaker 4: Had she ever climbed before? Was it brand new to her?
Speaker 3: No, she'd never done it before, but she was really open minded to the idea. When totally turn on.
Speaker 1: You hooked up with her with the cables, with the cable.
Speaker 3: Showing the ropes. Baby, Yeah, okay, Cara.
Speaker 1: Did she seem like she was having fun?
Speaker 3: She was. She was totally in dude. I was totally into her. And even during the thing, some of my friends from class came over. They were really cool. So it actually made me look good. Baby looked like I had some sort of popularity there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think it's such a smart thing too, Like it's a way to bond together.
Speaker 2: She's trying something new.
Speaker 4: A lot of adrenaline is going on when you're climbing like it's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So is rock climbing the only thing that you did for the day or was there more?
Speaker 3: Yeah? We went to a bar afterwards. I had a few drinks. I'm a tequila guy, so I had a couple of.
Speaker 1: Pops, you know, a couple of what shots, A couple of pops pops? What's pop?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's old school aingo, you know, pops like soda, pop, like a can of pop, that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: To have some soda with tequila.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay, Wow, we figured it out. I was thinking Coca cola. I'm all over the Yeah, I got it.
Speaker 5: Tequila soda.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like popular and dating right now.
Speaker 1: You can say that, yes, all right.
Speaker 3: I just love to have a good time with her. It was really great enjoying her company. She's a great conversationalist, captivating, almost to the point of just other people were walking by and looking at the two of us like, wow, those people most really like each other.
Speaker 2: That's sweet.
Speaker 4: I mean, she's not calling you back, so there must be something going on. Did you get a chance to really learn about her, because it sounds like this was a lot about your interests, your activities.
Speaker 3: It was. She did a lot of talking, but mostly was about her work and her job. I mean, she's okay, she got like a high pressure job.
Speaker 1: Okay, And did you hook up in the modern.
Speaker 3: If you mean, did we do anything that somebody would be saying we should have done on a first date or anything like that. No, we did that.
Speaker 2: Nobody on this show would say the wrong.
Speaker 3: Show a nice little goodbye, just a hug, a little peck of the cheek, nothing, nothing out of the ordinary.
Speaker 1: Well overall, it sounds like it's a pretty solid date. How long has it been since you last talked to her?
Speaker 3: It's been a couple of months? What months been a couple of months?
Speaker 2: Have you dated since? Or you did the one day? After two years? And we've done nothing since playing the.
Speaker 1: Really slow game.
Speaker 3: I've gone I've gone out a couple of times with other people. It hasn't felt the same, Okay, Okay, it was fun still, I mean I had fun. We didn't do the rock climbing thing. We pretty much just did a couple of times little bar Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we didn't focus on them. Let's focus on seventy and we're gonna play a song. We'll come back We'll call and see if she remembers you, because two months in the modern dating world is for like ever. She could be married by It's possible. We're gonna come back. We'll call her and try and get a second date. Update.
Speaker 3: All right, sounds great?
Speaker 1: All right, hold on it, Dennis. I know you've been telling us that you just got back into the dating scene and you didn't know what you were doing. But I'm guessing that Stephanie thought you were a player, you know, just into the rock climbing place with your extra large harness on, acting like a boss fist, bumping all your friends, talking about your new clubs and activities. I bet she thought you were some type of smooth talker. It gets around town.
Speaker 3: There's no way she could though.
Speaker 1: Actually, I would like you to prove right now that you're not pretend that Brooke is single and you just saw her out on the street. Give us your best pickup line to get her interested. Go ahead, Dennis, Hey, Brooke, Yeah, what should do it?
Speaker 2: Doing? Radio? My job right now? Dennis? What are you doing?
Speaker 3: Why don't you come on over here and sit on Daddy's let.
Speaker 1: You're proving me right, Dennis.
Speaker 2: Line so quickly I thought if you was a different person.
Speaker 1: That you went out with Stephanie two months ago, and now we're going to be reaching back out to her again. I'm not sure if she's even gonna remember going out.
Speaker 3: With you, dude.
Speaker 2: Maybe the rock climbing party she'll remember.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think she'll remember. I think she'll remember me.
Speaker 1: Have you tried calling or texting in that period in between?
Speaker 3: I did. I just never heard anything back.
Speaker 2: Okay, and you have no idea, why.
Speaker 3: No, no idea whatsoever?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we're gonna try and get you some answers here.
Speaker 4: All right, sit down, daddy, She's gonna tell you where to I'm gonna dial with Stephanie's number and let's see what she has to say.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, good, here we go. Hello.
Speaker 1: Hey is a Stephanie. Yeah, Hey Stephanie. My name is jeff from the radio show Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning. How are you doing today?
Speaker 3: Really? Yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Hi Stephanie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the whole show's here. Brooke Jose alexis Hi.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: It sounds like that's awesome.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've heard the show before, but it's been a little bit.
Speaker 4: Well, you can always catch up on our podcast, available anywhere you get your podcast Spotify, Apple.
Speaker 1: Periodically, you listen to whatever you want to listen to, Stephanie. But we're calling you today because we're trying to get a second date update for one of our listeners.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: It's a guy that you went out with a little while ago. His name's Dennis. Do you remember a couple months back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that's quite a while ago.
Speaker 4: That's the reaction, remember, Yeah, that's the reaction we had when he told us how long it had been.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's been it's been a while, so I I have to think for a minute.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a good sign that he's reaching out to you. I know it's a little bit late, but yeah, he told us about your date and said he had a really good time with you. And afterwards he said he tried texting and calling you, but he hasn't gotten any response. Oh have you been seeing those?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: You know, he was a really nice guy. I just I feel like he was just looking for something else.
Speaker 1: I oh, yeah, can you explain.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean I just have different expectations at this point in my life, and he just seemed to we just seemed to be out of alignment. Second.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I mean he told us a little bit about your date that you guys went rock climbing and went to a bar and got to talking a lot about your lives. Is something come up?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean things are great, we're reviving and made a couple of beers, and he kind of gets to you more a little bit of like yourself. Yeah, and he threw in a line where he said something like he was just looking for a hookup buddy.
Speaker 1: What yeah, wow, yeah, wait, he didn't say anything like that to us.
Speaker 4: It sounded like to us that he was looking for a long term relationship.
Speaker 2: I mean we talked to him about how he had.
Speaker 4: Spent two years single, working on himself and that he was finally ready to see what was out there because he felt like he had something to offer someone.
Speaker 6: No, No, that's not the vibe I got. He said he was happy that he had a friends with benefits now.
Speaker 2: Friends friends with benefits, that's what he said.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Oh no, I can't really just say that.
Speaker 4: That means like, as in, you are his friend with benefits even though you haven't given him any benefits yet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, right, Like I had been assigned the title.
Speaker 2: Of this what and that's not how that works. Like friends of benefits is like somebody you already.
Speaker 4: Know, and then you're like, Okay, maybe on the side we'll hook up because I'm in a dry spell.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think that's why he was insinuating. He wanted things to be that way, and I'm not anyone side.
Speaker 2: He didn't call him back. At least he was honest with you.
Speaker 1: There's some sort of miscommunication here. Either Dennis isn't telling the truth or she misheard something. So let's just get Dennis on the phone right now, because Stephanie, I need to tell you he's been there the entire time listening.
Speaker 3: Stephanie.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, okay, are you say, Oh.
Speaker 3: My goodness, I have such an apology to make to you. Is good. You heard what I said, but that's not at all what I meant. Oh, I said to you friends with benefits. I meant the fact that you have a great job and you have medical benefits.
Speaker 2: Shut really shut up.
Speaker 3: The last girl I was with, part of the reason why we ended up going separate ways is because she didn't have any and she only wanted to be with me because she thought I could get her benefits.
Speaker 1: That you're telling me that you didn't know what friends with benefits meant.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about benefits a movie. I don't know nothing about that stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you understanding what it means?
Speaker 3: Like now now I understand why she felt the way she felt.
Speaker 2: Also told that you just wanted to hook up.
Speaker 4: What you said, hook up buddy or something like that, Right, Stephanie, isn't that what he said?
Speaker 6: He said he wanted friends with benefits, and I guess I assumed he meant a hook up, buddy.
Speaker 1: That's what it is. Yeah, right, buddy was dental? Well, I mean it sounds like you guys just didn't understand what each other were saying, and you're actually looking for the same thing, dude, And he messed up on a bunch of phrases with us before she even got on the phone. It's true, like Stephanie, he did. He told us that he hooked up with you when you guys first met, when you just linked up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been saying the wrong thing the whole time, But you guys can tell I don't know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean, Dennis, are you like a arp like broo?
Speaker 3: I No, I've just I've just been out of the loop. I don't have a lot of young people around me, And what do you want me to do? Watch him TV?
Speaker 1: And then nobody watch.
Speaker 4: People watching TV watching what I know, get a TikTok account.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean.
Speaker 3: What I gotta watch, Stephanie, I mean I gotta watch.
Speaker 1: You can hear Dennis. He sounds like a pretty nice, genuine guy. He needs a little bit of updating in terms of dating terminology. But we'd like to send you out on another date and maybe you can help teach him some of those things and we'll pay for the date.
Speaker 2: No, it sounds like fun.
Speaker 3: Stephany will you Stepanie? Will you go with me?
Speaker 6: It's a misunderstanding. Will go out? It'll be great.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 3: So see now I have a true friend with benefits.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just make sure you go to the Urban Dictionary before you go on this day. Okay, Dennis, look up Mexican.
Speaker 2: No freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: I feel kind of happy for Dennis. You know, he's a he's a likable guy. Sure kind of stuck in a time warp and apparently hasn't watched TV or listen to radio or watched the news.
Speaker 4: In thirty years, participated in society.
Speaker 1: Even because he doesn't know anything.
Speaker 2: Even would know what friends with benefits met.
Speaker 1: But isn't that kind of a good thing, Like you get the chance to be with a guy who's basically a.
Speaker 2: Baby That sounds terrible.
Speaker 1: He's pure, he's untouched, unworn to dating. Now, I'm just saying like he's not scarred and it is not jaded by the dating. He's not going on you how literally yeah.
Speaker 2: Accidentally, I guess exactly.
Speaker 4: Or he's just gonna claim dumb every time he gets caught doing something wrong.
Speaker 1: It's hard to argue against jaded. Yeah, you're one of the jaded ones. You don't believe them.
Speaker 2: You don't want a baby man. I want a man man, not a baby man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want one that's been with thousands and thousands.
Speaker 5: He's got paperwork that checks out things are still good.
Speaker 1: But texting to seven eight, five nine to tell us if you think these two are gonna make it, that's a good sound coming from yah. I remember if you ever want to get a second date up that you can always email our show. We can call the person who wasn't calling you back.
Speaker 2: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning,