Speaker 1: A Rico Puerto Rico, you damn point with Arico charge. Listen, oh man, this is a convergence. Uh, it's irony, it's a ballot. It's every gangster and mobster's nightmare. It is literally could in politics, not as a play on words, actually meeting. This is the two words match Rico Arico charton young THU facing a Rico charge right now?
Speaker 2: You don't beat a Rico.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna teach you what this is and why this is. Oh my god, hood politics, y'all. Oh man, welcome to hood politics. Trump is the gift that keeps on giving. Listen, y'all, you'd be surprised how well street dudes understand the penal code. And you probably shouldn't be surprised because of how much they're attempting to avoid it or have had cases thrown at them, some legitimate it's like, oh, nigga, we were committing crimes.
Speaker 2: It is what it is.
Speaker 3: And then others are where it's like, nah, you stretching the law and there's a way to argue what you said was not the case. You know what I'm saying these two episodes on Trump, I'm about to the next one after this is about the block getting spun on him, you know, And that's the federal case. The way that they shaped these laws was it's a thing called Belton suspenders that depending on how we release these, I think I'm gonna release this one first, if not ignore the tenses I'm using, depending on which one we released first. The point is, so this might even be review or this might be preview, prior read. I don't know, haven't decided yet, But Belton suspender's idea is this idea that like, I'm going to give you multiple ways to look at one series of actions, right, rather than this action broke this law, that action broke that law.
Speaker 2: It's like, okay, look.
Speaker 3: At your actions over these past few moments of time could be seen by these three or four lenses of crime.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: And when you go through his federal indictments, these aren't three different acts. There are three ways to look at the same act. That's why you say belt and suspendeds or you spend a block on that boy. Anyway, this one's different. And again, if if you were somehow into the system, you you know, we you yo yo quickness of understanding what it meant to be a misdemeanor and a felony. Iad friends who back when weed was illegal, that would be like I only hold enough on me for my selling to be a misdemeanor, and now it was just the way that you know, it depends on the amount you have on you. It's only a misdemeanor if I do it. Yeah, I'm saying stuff like that. An understanding out here. What we had to learn was the gang upticks, the gang injunctions, what the New Yorkers will call the street sweepers. You know what I'm saying, And essentially, your gang uptick is if they can prove you were a part of a gang, if your actions was somehow even if you was the only one in the car, because again, if you follow the rules and you was just like look, man, not I was my gun, I was in the car. I don't know who else was in the car with me, and I'm and if I did, I'm not gonna tell you.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like, no.
Speaker 3: That's those are I've copped to my own crimes, right, But if they can prove based on your tattoos, your friends, yo, whatever, that you're a member of said click or gang. They could tack on time to whatever time you get for said crime that you confess to you know, or lost.
Speaker 2: The case too. It's a gang up tick.
Speaker 3: And then if you have that gang up tick when you get out, part of your probation is that you can't be around people associated with this gang, which for if you from the city, you understand that some of that's literally impossible. You like, my mama in the hood, my mama, my uncle rep to said, my cousin said, my entire fan, where do you I were?
Speaker 2: Am I gonna? You have to move to Tusting?
Speaker 3: Like the Tusting's a serverb a good hour and a half outside of Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: So if you're not from here, that's the joke.
Speaker 3: It's basically, do you want you're You're You're essentially saying I need to come home to not my home, to an entirely different community because it's impossible for me to not engage with people from this gang. But that's part of you. If you get a gang up tip, that's part of your probation, right. But if there's anything that struck fear, if there is anything that would heal black, brown and white relations when it comes to street wars. If there is anything that would bond us all, it is that reco charge. There is nothing that strikes deeper fear into the hearts, minds and souls of a tough guy. There's nothing that scares a nigga if you face an a Rico charge, it is It's bad news and the absolute delicious, delicious irony of the moment we are in right now. If you don't know, Trump's Georgia case is a Rico charge, and we're gonna get into you're gonna hear a million if you watch the news, you're gonna hear a million breakdowns of the case. But I want to talk to y'all about the history of RICO and like why this is so delicious, the delicious irony of this is because Rico, which I'm gonna get into what it all stands for and all that later, is the law that Rudy Giuliani used to take down the New York Mob and now he is at part a member of a Rico charge. If Rico, y'all, okay, please tell me you see the irony. He used RICOH to take down the mob and in turn, in a lot of ways, terrorize people of color.
Speaker 2: In New York and.
Speaker 3: Now he's facing the same law. He is this beautiful, It's beautiful. Anyway, let me learn, y'all some stuff. Y'all ready, Okay. RICO Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act. It came into place, came into play in nineteen seventy October fifteenth, nineteen seventy by a gentleman named g.
Speaker 2: Robert Blakely.
Speaker 3: He was an advisor to the United States Senate on the Operations Community under the supervision of like Senator John McLean. This law was signed into law by President Nixon, and again it was designed to prosecute the mafia. Now racketeer influence Corrupt Organizations. Here's why this is important and why it's such a powerful tool to take.
Speaker 2: Down crime syndicates. If you if you don't understand this, let me.
Speaker 3: Let me before I get into a lot of the specifics, I want to give you an overview.
Speaker 2: The overview is this.
Speaker 3: This is why it's because, Okay, if you were to park outside of somebody else's house for multiple days and just.
Speaker 2: Watch them, Okay, you didn't really break a law.
Speaker 3: What you didn't that's not it's it is not illegal for you to park outside. There is no way for you to prove that I was actually watching them. And if I was watching that person, I didn't commit no crime. It is not against the law for me to watch it. Well, it's surveillance. You don't know that. You can't prove that. You have to prove that I was surveiling this person, and if I was, I still haven't committed no crime. There's no crime here. I didn't do anything. Now if I walk by that house the next day, after driving in front of it and parking for the last few days, and now I'm just walking by and I'm looking in your windows.
Speaker 2: That's still not a crime. I'm just looking. Is that harassment? I don't know.
Speaker 3: We haven't even talked to each other. These individual acts are not crimes. Right now. If I were to I don't know, break a window, okay, that was vandalism, right.
Speaker 2: But if I were to say, but this fool's been.
Speaker 3: Watching my house and then was walking by, it's like, well, well, how do you can't prove that those those those are connected acts? All I can charge you for is this act of vandalism towards my private property. And that's a fine. Okay, that's no big deal. That's a fine. Now, if I were to say the reason you were parked in front of my house and walked by to see if anyone was home and then through a rock into the window as to test how I would handle this situation was because my OG told me to see if this neighbor will call the cops, because we're planning on hitting your neighbor's house who's a member of a rival organization, because I'm trying to scare them away from a situation I'm setting up thirty miles away.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: How do you tie all those things together? Because individually they're either petty crimes or not crimes at all. How do you tie them all together? How do I prove that all these things together? And if I'm the OG that told you to stand there, you can't prove that that may have parked there because he wanted to park there. I don't even know this dude. How do I prove it? How do I prove these are all connected? I have to prove you're a part of a racket who are trying to commit a greater crime, and each of these things are steps on the way to making the big lead felony happen where I'm trying to for something to be a corrupt organization or syndicate, if you will, It's because we're trying to hit a lick. There's a lick that is in. Each of these things are steps in that lick. Now, each individual step may not be a crime, but since they are steps leading towards a crime, I can now say, and there are more than one person's involved, I can say this is a racket, a conspiracy to commit a greater crime.
Speaker 2: Therefore, Rico works.
Speaker 3: You're following me because that's because how else would you charge the mob? Like we all know, we use the mob as an example for President Trump all the time. Or if you've seen a mobster movie, the Boss Fam. He just sitting at a restaurant. Is it a crime for him to enjoy, you know, his favorite ravioli on the corner of one hundred and twenty fifth in Ludlow or you know what I'm saying, is that do they cross?
Speaker 2: That's a New York thing.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know if they I think they're anyway, it's not a crime for that man to sit down and to talk to his cousin. And it's not a crime for him to say, hey, man, like we really should think about that that two fingers man, maybe we could take care of it.
Speaker 2: That's not a crime. He just said take care of it.
Speaker 3: If that man interprets take care of it and goes and tells, you know, bumpy knuckles, this fool wants that taken care of and he in turn murders this dude or beats the shit out of him and then starts extorting, you know, fifty percent of his business from the dude. Like if I never roll, if the hit man never says, oh I got I got the you know from my uncle told me to do it, if he never says that and then or if he does, if the uncle says, I ain't tell him to do that, I told him take care of it. And I only told him because I was having a meeting with the boss. And the boss well not the boss, he's just my friend. Because remember up until you know John Gotti's in him, the stance of the mafia was, there is no mafia. What are you talking about? Or like this is my family, There is no mafia. Like the stands of the mafia is there is no mafia. We're not all connected. What are you talking about. Right, So if you can't connect this store, if you can't connect those dots, you don't have a crime. Or the crime is simply assault and battery. It's not assault and battery for the purpose of extortion, right, Or this first degree or this murder or this man's is in connection to seventeen other murders because again, we're extorting these businesses and have been for twenty years. You tie them all together and everyone involved by this racketeering, influence and corrupt Organizations act.
Speaker 2: So you tie it all together with that.
Speaker 3: You understand that, because look, it's one thing to convict a single person for a single murder. Okay, that's great, but that's not gonna stop the blood from running in the streets.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You're trying to be like, Look, I need to stop all these murders from continuing to happen. The only way to do that is to break up the whole crew. But the only way to break up the whole crew is to either you're gonna catch all of them individually, or you're gonna figure out how to wrap them all.
Speaker 2: Up into one thing.
Speaker 3: Freaking Now history some people believe, and I don't know if this is true, but that Rico is actually named after a character played by Edward G. Robinson in the nineteen thirties gangster film Little Caesar. Right, But officially, like I said, it stands for Racketeer Influence and Corruption Act and Corrupt Organizations Act. In the fifty years since it's passed, it has successfully taken down mob bosses, right and calling them enterprises, right, because again it's not just this dude did this one thing and that sucked or did a bunch of things. It's like, no, You're running a crime business, got it? And all this stuff is like, I mean, it's googleable, you know what I'm saying. But I'm pulling mind from the Department of Justice. And there's actually a pretty dope book that one of the guys from come.
Speaker 2: I can't remember his name. This is a horrible thing.
Speaker 3: Oh stupid Ellie Haunting. He was on CNN. He was a reporter on CNN. But he's a former New York District attorney and he has a call untouchable.
Speaker 2: So you was a prosecutor.
Speaker 3: So anyway, a lot of this information I'm getting this from the Department of Justice, and this now the very first uh successful, like a Rico case was nine years after it was passed, and it was against the Hell's Angels.
Speaker 2: It was against the Hell's Angels motorcycle gang.
Speaker 3: Right, which again, if you think about the comparison, they could just kind of be like, we're We're just a bunch of dudes that like bikes, just like in the same way with mafia, it's like, dude, we're just a family. We like construction, we like Italian food, and we just protect our families.
Speaker 2: I don't like, what do you mean a gang?
Speaker 3: So with the Hell's Angels, they could be like, dude, we're just a club. You'd be hard pressed, and maybe one or two of us are in the drug game because we're our guys. But to prove that we're a part of some sort of organized syndicate man, I mean the hun And when they first got prosecuted, a lot of them were like originally acquitted, but then subsequit what prosecutions were successful. And then the next was like the Genovese family was on the racketeering charges in nineteen eighty and that was again brought on by Rudy Junior, right, who used this law thing to get the mob taken down in New York. And it's pretty interesting because like just his story arc because you know, Rudy's Italian from the hood, you know what I'm saying. And his memories is like he remembers all those tough guys, you know, shaking down his dad and picking on him and like, you know, robbing his own corner liquor store and just like holding the hood for hostage. So he's like, man, I got listen, no love lost. I ain't got no feelings towards these dudes. Man, you know what I'm saying. So a lot of his stuff was personal. He's just like and fuck Autumn, like has no love lost about these fools. Okay, Now I'm going to read an abstract from the US Department of Justice, the Office of Justice Programs, so you can hear this in legal ease. So RICO was enacted in nineteen seventy as Title nine of the Organized Crime Control Act. The roots of RICO, however, extend back as far as nineteen fifty, when the problem of criminal infiltration of legitimate businesses was originally documented. In the nineteen sixties, antitrust laws were used to attack the criminal activity in businesses. The extent of the problem motivated the Congress to develop direct criminal legislation to combat patterned infiltration into legitimate businesses by organized and non organized criminal activity. RICO is a result of the assimilation of several strong Senate bills modified by the House of Representatives.
Speaker 2: RICO prescribes one.
Speaker 3: That's why it's important the use of income or proceeds from a pattern of racketeering activity by a principal in commission of that activity to acquire an interest or established an enterprise engaged in interstate commerce.
Speaker 2: That's number one.
Speaker 3: With this Trump case, the district attorney would have to prove that Trump was organizing the whole thing, that he was the head, he was calling the shots, and he was using his bread, bread that he got, y'all, this is delicious from donations my nigga to enact something for his own gain, which in this case was to overthrow the election. Now I'm reading the federal ones. Georgia laws are slightly more It's easier to prove in Georgia. You know, there's a few nuances that makes it more specific to the state of Georgia.
Speaker 2: That gives this person more of a leeway.
Speaker 3: The district attorney and in Georgia more of a leeway to actually prove what she talking about?
Speaker 2: Now, is it interstate commerce? I mean, duh.
Speaker 3: He live in Florida, work in DC. In this case take place in Georgia. We got one.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 3: The acquisition of any enterprise engaged in interstate commerce through the pattern of racketeering activity. We got that one three and the operation of an enterprise engaged in interstate commerce through a pattern of racketeering activity, and for conspiracy to commit any of the above prohibitions. Violations of these prohibitions may be restrained by district courts through the issuance of orders of divestment, prohibitions on business activities, and orders of disillusion or reorganization. Unrestrained violations may be punished by fine, imprisonment, and criminal fortitude of the offenders' interests in the enterprise. Civil damage actions may also be attained by the victims of the RICO violations. RICO makes provisions for nationwide venue and service of process, expedition of government civil actions, and civil investigative demands. A total of one hundred and eight footnotes are listed, and that's again on the US Department of Justice website. So there's a lot of lead go talking to basically say this, it's rico if I can prove that there was somebody in charge that was calling the shots, that were doing steps in hopes to complete a particular task, was using bread right to pay people, to incentivize people to cause a set goal.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: And as long as this is interstate, meaning you moving across the state cross lines, I can tie any action that may or may not by themselves be a crime to the actual crime, I can say. And everybody involved, right, whether you knew or not, you was involved in this. So again one difference is like it's interstate when it's federal, right, if it's inside the state, then that particular state can make its claim around it's reco charge within the state of Georgia. You know, one is harder to prove than the other. But again we're talking about this case is brought to the state of Georgia, now full teen county through that indictment out nineteen heads, nineteen of y'all involved in this, including Mark Meadows, Trump, Rudy Giuliani. These are the most like notable names, John Eastman, these are the most notable names. But it's nineteen of them bad boys. And if it's a Rico nigga, you all gotta stand trial. And what you understand about Ricos is, eventually, because you niggas ain't gangsters, somebody gonna start snitching. Ain't no where in the world, they all gonna take the fall cause Rico ain't no joke. Now, you can't ever count out Trump. Let me tell you that right now you might get off. I don't know, fam. It's forty one felonies, they say the report ninety seven pages long.
Speaker 2: He got a fote.
Speaker 3: That's just Georgia. It's forty one felonies. That's what this nigga face it. And this is important because you have to understand again how Rico works. You're all guilty of all forty one like you understand that. That's because because you're a syndicate, you feel me you're all guilty of off with you like, I ain't shoot this nigga yet, but you set him up to get shot well, and don't I make me an accessory. No, nigga, it's a Rico case you like. That's that's what you This is why I keep saying this shit strikes fear in people's hearts. Listen, the driver, the lookout nigga, the the person that pumped the gas, the guy that called the shot, and the nigga that pulled the trigger. You're all all guilty of all of the acts unless you start snitching. But if you start snitching, you got to snitch on something that the prosecutor can use. So you can't be like, you can't just snitch on the lightest thing because that may not count. And and the prosecutor if you snitch on somebody in this case and it's something they can't use, they might tell y'a homies you snitched on them like that make it even worse because they like, I need something I can use. So if somebody's sitting on an email, if somebody's sitting on it on a phone call, you gotta you got a voice memo of Trump being like, hey, nigga, I lost, but I don't want to lose, So.
Speaker 2: Make me not the loser.
Speaker 3: If you sitting on one of those unless you're trying to face forty one felonies because you in it, because you just you part of it, because you know what I'm saying. If you sitting on something like that, you better start.
Speaker 2: Look. Look look, you about to six ' nine, this mug ain't you.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, listen, this why people snitch this, y' I'm saying, like you like, oh cuz I just look man, I may have sold a little nickelbag, but god damn, I gotta go down with the whole family, nigga forty one.
Speaker 2: That's look, that's how that's how the mob got taken out. They was like the whole family.
Speaker 3: They lie, all them OG's up and they was like, listen, y'all all guilty of this shit.
Speaker 2: Nigga. You called the shots. And when you, like when you were a BG, when.
Speaker 3: You a little baby, you're looking at all your OG's sitting all over there looking all smug, and you start thinking, damn, I was so scared of y'all.
Speaker 2: That's what's crazy.
Speaker 3: When you start looking at these old heads, these niggas that like don that terrorized our hoods. When you start seeing them and you realize that's just somebody granddaddy.
Speaker 2: It's a weird feeling.
Speaker 3: And I just wonder, I don't know, but using my antennas, I just wonder if they gonna be looking at ruleing Judy a his's melting face Donald Trump melting face and just be like, I can't believe I was so scared of y'all. I don't know because Rico ain't no joke. So the legalese works like this, it's forty one felonies, but since it's Rico, it's you're all charged for one count of racketeering. You understand that, And in that one count it's forty one felonies.
Speaker 2: God dam So.
Speaker 3: When Trump was convinced or presented as though he was convinced that he had won this election, and whoever told him, Hey, we're gonna set up a call with the dude in charge down in Georgia, dude that set upon me call, the person that told him that it was possible to even do this, the person who was on the phone with him, the person who made the three way connection, the person that connected him to the thing, the person that everybody involved in making that shit happen that we all heard. We heard this niggas say I need to find these many votes?
Speaker 2: Can you do that for me?
Speaker 3: Him intimidating people, and again because of this as a Rico charge, I don't have to prove that your intention, your inclinations, your inference, right, that I'm gonna destroy your career if you don't do what I asked you to do.
Speaker 2: That's understood.
Speaker 3: Why, because you're a racketeering influence and a corrupt organization according to this thing now again presumed innocent to proven guilty. They're gonna have to prove that, right, But I don't have to prove that when you said, hey, this do this for me. You're a good dude, will take care of you. I don't have to prove that. That means if you don't do this, I'm gonna wipe you out, wipe you out of the face left. I don't have to prove it. That's why Rico's amazing and terrifying.
Speaker 2: So that's it.
Speaker 3: He got the New York that we know, we still ain't heard the Arizona case. He got the New York case, he got the federal case, he got the Georgia case, the Florida case, and he's laws.
Speaker 2: No one's ever done this.
Speaker 3: A president has been indicted for a felony four times in the history of America, and they're all him.
Speaker 4: The hood politics.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know why I ain't thought of this before, but you know, you could use promo code Hood for fifteen percent off on terraform Colbrew dot com. Like I forgot I own that company and this is my pod. Y'all go ahead and punch it promo cold Hood. If you in the cold Brew gets you some cold Brew, gonna get you some coffee.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like, I can't believe, I ain't think of this still right now, yo yo.
Speaker 3: This thing right here was recorded by Me Propaganda and East Lows, boil Heights, Los Angeles, California.
Speaker 2: This thing was edited, mastered.
Speaker 3: And scored by the one and only Matt Awsowski. Y'all check out this fool's music. I mean it's incredible. Executive produced by Sophie Lichterman for Cool Zone Media. Man, and thank you for everybody who continue to tap in with us. Make sure you leaving reviews and five star ratings and sharing it with the homies so we could get this thing pushed up in the algorithm and listen. I just want to remind you these people is not smarter than you. If you understand city living, you understand politics.
Speaker 2: We'll see you next week.