Speaker 1: The Apple Watch Series ten is here. It has the biggest display ever. It's also the thinnest Apple Watch ever, making it even more comfortable on your wrist whether you're running, swimming, or sleeping. And it's the fastest charging Apple Watch, getting you eight hours of charge in just fifteen minutes. The Apple Watch Series ten available for the first time in the glossy jet black aluminum compared to previous generations. iPhone Tennis are later required. Charge time and actual results will vary.
Speaker 2: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roeblass, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 3: Welcome. In episode Oh, I should have asked him, I want to say eighty eighty three, what's right with Nick right, Maybe Matt can tell me my ear if I'm wrong on it. Somewhere around there. We're in the eighties. We are on episode eighty three of What's Right. I think people expecting me sad today, expecting me down today. Demonse's smirking as if he didn't once again there's every bet he made in a football weekend, and so he's like, oh, I figured it out now now I'm a single game parlay guy. I think you went over three. I think you went which the covering for me Edwards almost got thirty five yards. You had under Yeah, you had under for Stefan Diggs yards. I forgot what your other one, Gravis Kelzi over three. That's oddly not as painful as going two for three, like where you're like, oh you were that and then of course had the Chiefs plus the two and a half points that one didn't cover either. That cost me some money. I'm sure we're gonna be starting there. We have a ton to get into and the NBA season starts tomorrow. We'll do a little NBA. We'll do a lot of NBA on Thursday show. I understand it's kind of weird, like, oh, this season will have already started. We'll do our real NBA season preview on Thursday. Not too much is gonna happen in the first two days that would change any of that. But today is a Monday, a Monday after four of the very best teams in football all played on national television playing each other. So we've got to talk football today. But as we always do, let's start with what we are not talking about today. What did not make the cut today. Robbie Anderson ejected by his own team, and Christian McCaffrey on the trade block. Any the reports that they want two first round picks for cemac. It's just so insane. Nobody, from just an objective standpoint, nobody should do that. Tennessee beats Alabama in an epic college football game fifty two to four nine, an awesome field goal at the gun, and then at Nalan goes crazy rocky top they steal the goal posts, and then Tennessee has the audacity to do it. Go fund me to pay for the goal post replacement. I think your one point three billion dollar endowment Tennessee can cover that. And as I mentioned, the NBA tips off tomorrow in Boston. But let's get right to the show, Demonse, I have a feeling I know where we're starting.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, tough break for your Chiefs this weekend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you as well, Allen through the game winning touchdown and Mahomes through the game losing interceptions.
Speaker 4: You weren't salty though your game credit where it was due to the Bills.
Speaker 5: So I'm assuming you're gonna say that this doesn't matter into the playoffs. But it's kind of strange. It seems like the Buffalo Bills could easily have homeful advantage in the AFCs. Now convince us that you're not still worried about the Bills.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I have said all along the Bills are a very good team and that at some point the Bills will beat the Chiefs in the playoffs. I don't thinks will go undefeated against Allen and the playoffs in his career, and that might happen this year. It might not happen this year. But nothing that happened yesterday makes me more concerned. There's nothing that happened yesterday where I'm like, oh my god, the Chiefs are screwed. I don't want to draw all the corollaries of last year. But last year the Bills came into Kansas City not only won, they won by three scores. They kicked the Chief's teeth then and then they stumbled for two months, and that playoff game was not in Buffalo. Now, given Buffalo's schedule and given the strength of their defense, I do think they have the clear inside track to the one seed now. And that obviously is an advantage because there's only one buy now instead of two, And because Mahomes has never had to play a road playoff game, because every single year he's been quarterback for the Chiefs, they've been the one or the two seed. In the years they were the two seed, the one seed loss after the buye and so they've never had to go on the road. So, if I'm being honest, if you want my honest take on what happened yesterday, what concerns me? What does not concern What concerns me is and I said it on this show, and I said on the TV show von Miller's ability to wreck a game happened yesterday. Von Miller was the best player on the field for either team yesterday. He caused the pick on the final play of the game by forcing Mahomes up in the pocket and to go faster than he wanted to. He had a huge sack to drive before to get Buffalo the ball back. He was all over the field. That concerns me. And Andrew Wiley at right tackle, which we've talked about how Von likes to rush off that side. Andrew Wiley could not handle him. So that was concerning the Chiefs inability to consistently run the ball when the Bills were daring them to run. That concerns me a bit. So those are real concerns. The Bills off listen. The end of the first half was a gut punch and Andy Reid took a timeout that I wouldn't have recommended. There's a minute ten left, the Chiefs had a minute twenty left. The Bills had a third and thirteen in set on there. It was might, it was no, it was after they did have a third and thirteen, but it was after first down. He took the timeout that I wouldn't have taken because the Bills would have gone conservative. You get them off the field and you then get the ball back up seven to three with still forty seconds and at one time out, because you would have used the next one chance kick a field goal and said he calls timeout. The Bills credit to them. Josh Allen was amazing on three drives in this game, the last drive of the first half, the second first drive of the second half, and the final drive of the game, driving down the field ninety eight yards. Chiefs were lucky to even get three points out of it. They end up kicking a sixty two yard field goal three points out of it. But the I think one of the narratives coming out of the game is going to be, oh, the chief secondary, Well, the chief secondary is going to be different. Trent McDuffie the first round pick. There was first game off IR, Trent McDuffie's first game back off IR, and Rashad Finton didn't play. So your top two courts, so you're playing an undrafted rookie, you're playing a fourth round rookie. So I think the chief secondary will be better. And I think even as is holding the Bills to twenty four, that should be enough. The reason the Chiefs lost is a number of things, but one of them is Mahomes made a few big mistakes. The pick in the red zone was a bad decision. Should have just thrown it away and taken the three points. And at the end of the game, you were not in a spot where it was first and ten from the thirty. You were not in a spot where you had to go get it right then and there. He tried to force it in. Do I think Mahomes is going to make those critical mistakes, you know, the next time they play. I don't do. I think that von Miller is definitely at his age and given the last few years, going to be able to hold up the entirety of the season. I'm not sure. And so I actually thought the Chiefs defensive game play and all things considered, was pretty sound. I'm not I didn't see anything yesterday where I'm like, oh my god, you know the I don't know how the Chiefs beat this team. The Chiefs played a B minus game in my opinion, and had the ball at the end with a chance. Moms was gonna have to go to the length of the field in a minute, which is hard to do. But I give the Bills credit. They won the game they deserve to win. But we have seen that story before. And the one other thing I will say is this everyone just anointing the Bills the one seed. It's a lot of the season left, and the Bills schedule. At the beginning of the season, we would have said it was very favorable. The rest of the way, All of a sudden, a lot of the games that we thought were gonna be very easy could be at least a little tougher. The Bills will be favored in every game they play the rest of the way, But they have four left against the Patriots and the Jets, which look like four easy games at the beginning of the season. All of a sudden, those are frisky ish teams. So they sell have to go to Cincinnati. They're home from Minnesota, who's five and one, and they come out of the break against green Bay and we'll talk about green Bay letter green Bay might not be good. Point being and they have one left against Miami, a Miami team that already beat them. Point is this. I think the Bills right now are the favorites for the one seed. They are far from guaranteed for the one seed. But credit to them. And as I said in my tweet, hang the banner. This second straight championship game they've won. This is it's the Buffalo Bills. This is where I gotta be a smart ass, and I apologize, but you don't win super bowls in Buffalo. You get big regular season wins. There it is. They've won their Super Bowl two years in a row. Hang the banner, Buffalo, all right? Next?
Speaker 5: All right, Philly moved to six and oh last night Dallas hung around and looked pretty dangerous. What a weekend for the nfcas even the Commanders one. Yeah, Philly looks mostly unstoppable, even though they can't.
Speaker 4: Score in the second half.
Speaker 5: Obviously, yep, Dallas should be better with DAK, but Cooper Rush did get over his little five game tenure.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, the Giants are five and one and have Jacksonville, Seattle, Houston, and Detroit next with DAK coming back, how does the division pan out?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: So, right now it looks like there's gonna be three playoff teams from the NFC East, which absolutely no one could have predicted because Dallas is fourgn two, Giants are five and one, Philly six and zero. Of those three teams, the one that I am the least confident, and I, by the way, it's probably smart money that they all make it. But I am certain Phillies making Philly. Philly is not in the position Buffalo's in where I think it's a little too early to anoint them the one seed is going to be the one seed. It would be shocking if Philly doesn't get thirteen and four would will get you the one seed in the NF seed. And so Philly's remaining schedule as they now sit here at six and oh they have a bye, find five losses because thirteen and four will get you the one seed. Find the five losses. Pittsburgh, Houston, Washington, Indy, Green Bay, Tennessee, the Giants, Chicago, Dallas, New Orleans, the Giants. It's hard to find three losses, much less find five losses. Sure Green Bay could beat them. Say they split with the Giants. Say they lose in Dallas, that's three. I think you gotta find five. So and say they give away a you know, they lose in India the game they shouldn't lose. Probably there's four. We gotta find five and twelve and five, by the way, depending on because the rest of the NFC East is gonna beat up on itself a bit, right, Dallas and the Giants, and they play each other again, I mean San Francisco's already got three losses, The Rams everyone NFC West leaders three losses. NFC's Tampa already has three losses. So the only other team you'd look at Minnesota is Minnesota. They're five and one. Are they going to be the one seed? Well, they still have at Buffalo home for Dallas, home for New England, at green Bay home for the Giants. I don't think Minnesota is getting to thirteen and four. And by the way, Minnesota, even if they do get to thirteen and four, they lost head to head to Philly, so if they finished with the same record, Philly gets it. So I think Philly lock him in at the one seed. I'm very and before the year, I will admit when I'm wrong. Before the year, I said, listen, I like Philly to win the division. I was skeptical of that at the beginning, and then after the Tyrone Smith injury, I came around Philly winning the division, but I was like, this talk of him being the one seed is crazy, not crazy, It's actually gonna happen. The Giants at five and one with wins over Baltimore and Green Bay in the last two weeks. The Giants have two left against Washington. They have one against Indy, one against Houston, one against Jacksonville, and one against Seattle. That's six games. If they go four and two in those six, that's now nine wins. That means, oh, I didn't even mention Detroit. They have so they don't even have to beat any good teams the rest of the way to make the playoffs. So I think the Giants are in. The Cowboys, I'm not a certain one. The Cowboys are likely in. And the Cowboys get Detroit and Chicago in their next two and I would imagine I'm very confident they're gonna beat Chicago. But Detroit coming off of by a desperate Lions team and Dak and his first game back, that could be a bit of a tough one, tougher than I think people expect. Then they're at Green Bay and at Minnesota in back to back weeks. They have another game against Philly. Now, what is helpful for Dallas is from a media narrative standpoint, Cooper Rush had the game that I thought he was gonna have against Cincinnati when you and I lost all that money, but the three interception was behind from the very beginning, had to pass and was terrible. Here's why that helps Dallas. Now, Even the dumbest of talk shows and I'm including mine in that can't inc can't talk about a quarterback controversy of Dallas struggles. Nobody can be like, oh, maybe they should go back to Cooper Rush. Had they found a way to win yesterday and by the way, it was twenty to nothing and all of a sudden's twenty to seventeen. Had they found a way to win yesterday, then even if the eye test tells you DA's better than Cooper, as soon as Dak struggled, there was going to be that discussion. They did not find a way to win, and the biggest reason was Cooper was terrible. It was just brutal in that game from start to finish. Because of that, the Cowboys won't have to worry about the narrative of any quarterback controversy. One last point on the Cowboys, when Dak got hurt, if we said they were going to go four and one with Cooper Rush, they just signed up for that in an absolute heartbeat. So they're likely going to be in the playoffs. I'm not ready to lock them into the playoffs just yet, and I'm very curiously how they look against Detroit. But yeah, nobody when it comes to nobody knowing anything. The NFC East having three teams be a combined fifteen and three is remarkable, all right.
Speaker 5: Next, the Bucks, Packers, and Ravens got a few things in commony. Yeah, should I say they're all three and three and suffered embarrassing upset Sunday. Green May was blown out by seventeen at home by the Jets. Bucks lost in Pittsburgh to Mitch Trubisky. You know, the Ravens blew another lead against the gm Men after a late Labar turnover. Two of them, I think, yeah, of Green Bay, Tampa and Baltimore? Whose red flags are the biggest to you? All right, I'm gonna go smallest, the biggest. Okay, the smallest is Baltimore. I do think they're a playoff team and Lamar will rebound.
Speaker 3: But there's now two games the last three weeks that Lamar has had brutal turnovers late in the game that helped them blow leads, helped cost them games and in fact, uh so, I'm gonna give you a stat that I read on Twitter. I want to give credit to whoever came up with it. So Lamar when he took over the Ravens. Here it is this Bill Barnwell from the moment he took over to the Ravens until the start of this year. The Ravens when they had a ten plus point lead in the second half, they were thirty one and two. Thirty one and two if they were up at any point the second half, I double digits. This year the raven with a double digit lead in the second half two and three. So that's a problem. But the reason that it's the smallest red flag is what does that also mean? All three of their losses they have been up ten in the second half. So they're good enough even against really good teams or good teams to get up big. They just have to figure out how to close these games. Lamar's got to be more careful with the ball. The second biggest red flag is Tampa, but it's a pretty significant one. Brady had a weird week man. He left the team to go to Bob Craft's wedding. He misses the walkthrough that losing to the Steelers is horrifying. Shout out to my TV cos Kevin Wilds for calling it. I didn't see how it was possible. You know, we had your mom's birthday party and costume party Friday Saturday night, so I woke up too late to put in any extra bets in on these games, like my usual morning teaser. But luckily I definitely would have had Tampa and every teaser imaginable teasing them down to two and a half. They were eight and a half point favorites. They're not actually going off at ten. I mean Survivor pools this week was absolute bloodbath because of these games we're talking about here. The giant Survivor pool I'm in that started the year with twenty one thousand entrants as of this morning is down to two hundred and seventy. I have two entries left for yesterday, by the way, and that survival yesterday was a double pick week, so you had to pick two teams and so and by the way, I have two injuries left, but one of them has as one of my picks, the Chargers, so it's not even all the way through yet. They gotta win tonight. Tampa's loss, though, was really really bad, unforgivable and for the defense to not be able to get Mitch Trubisky off the field after Kenny Pickett goes out with an injury. Tampa goes down and scores down eight, misses the two point conversion, and then as Mitch in some third and longs and Mitch converts them. So Tampa's offense doesn't look good. Brady looks like he doesn't want to get hit, and their defense didn't come through in the biggest spots. Okay, so they're a significant red flag. What they have going for them is that division. The Panthers might be the worst team in football, and then you've got you have Atlanta, and then who's the other team in that Oh the Saints. The Saints stink the same, So the Panthers might be the worst team in football. The Saints stink. Atlanta's frisky. Atlanta's now six and zero against the spread, by the way, unbelievable.
Speaker 4: It's the spread, but the.
Speaker 3: Three and three overall, same record as Tampa. I think Tampa's gonna be fine. And that's our time because our producers, God love them. Even though I keep telling them give me twenty minutes on Mondays in football season, they won't do it. They just refuse to do it. They just want me to look bad by going into overtime. We're not even through the third topic. We have one more topic. By the way, if you're watching live, I hope we fixed our audio issues, but also drop questions in the chat, will do them in the sea block. That's our third segment. So tamp I think is gonna be fine, and they also their schedule softens up a bit over the next couple months. Then there's green Bay. I do not think green Bay is gonna be fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: In fact, one of the reasons that I do think the NFC East is likely to produce three playoff teams is because the NFC North I think only produces one, because I think green Bay misses the playoffs entirely. I think the Vikings are going and green Bay. Green Bay's offense, I said all year their defense was a touch over rated. That's a good I thought going into the year, a good not a great. Defense hasn't even been a very good defense so far this year. But offensively, they score seven against Minnesota, they score fourteen in a win against Tampa, they scored ten yesterday against the Jets. They lose to the Giants, they need over time to beat the Patriots. They I mean, they have one clear cut victory this season. Chicago, it's one of the worst teams in football. Rogers looks nothing like Aaron Rodgers. There is he can't deal with not having DeVante Adams. It looks like the offense is sputtering every single week. And now you look at them after that, after they escaped that Tampa game, it's like, Okay, well, now they're in really good shape. They get the Patriots, who should be an easy win with how the Patriots were looking. And then that game the Patriots byably, we lost their quarterback. Might have been a good thing for him. Then the Giants, the Jets on neutral site, and then in Lambeau and then Washington before they play Buffalo. Instead, they need overtime to beat the Patriots. They lose to the Giants. The Giants in London, they lose to the Jets at Lambeau by seventeen points. In the game, Zach Wilson doesn't do anything. The Jets offense passing wise, did nothing. Yeah, now you get Washington, you'll beat Washington, but then you have Buffalo and you'll I mean, you assume you lose to Buffalo. It's just you still have Philadelphia on the schedule. You still have at Miami on the schedule. You still have another game against Minnesota on the schedule. You have a home game against the Rams that listen. Maybe that'll be good, but we'll see what the Rams look like by that point in the season. I think the Packers are an eight nine win team, and I think they missed the playoffs.
Speaker 5: All right, last it's in the road for those boys, all right, Rogers, Brady and Lamar have disappointed.
Speaker 4: What about the overachievers?
Speaker 5: We discussed the five to one Giants who have wins over Green Bay and Baltimore, the Jets who are now four and two and may have the best young talent in the league. And the Falcons has dominated the number one defense that have been consistent every week.
Speaker 4: Who was the biggest surprise in the NFL this season?
Speaker 3: Okay, so let's go through though, and you know what, I would include Seattle in there. I know that we don't have them listed, but Seattle was supposed to be in contention for the number one pick of the draft. They just won again. Gino has been sensational, and so now do they have impressive wins?
Speaker 4: Not really.
Speaker 3: They beat Denver's not very good Detroit, who's not any good, and Arizona who's not any good, but I would I would at least include Seattle in the honorable mentions Atlanta, who is one of the teams that beat Seattle. Atlanta, I give them credit for finding a way to make this work with Marcus Mariota a quarterback and with wins over none of their wins have come over terrible teams. In Atlanta's where they beat Seattle, they beat Cleveland, who finds a way to just shoot itself on the foot every single week. By the time Deshaun comes back, they're cooked. And then yesterday's win by Atlanta over San Francisco was phenomenal. They beat San Francisco and it wasn't fluky. They beat him by two scores, just dominating that football game. So I will give the Falcons credit. The Jets do have a listen. Sauce Gardner's awesome, Breese Hall's very good. Garrett Wilson didn't do anything this weekend, but it was hard because they weren't throwing the ball.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: I think he's very good. Quinnin Williams is really good, so I agree with the young talent thing. Zach Wilson, He's complayant.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but if we go through what Zack Wilson's done so far this year, Okay, so he comes back. He plays Pittsburgh one touchdown, two picks, two hundred fifty yards, not great, against Miami fourteen of twenty one, two hundred and ten yards, zero touchdowns, zero picks, and then against Green Bay ten of eighteen, one hundred and ten yards, zero touchdowns, two picks. Zach Wilson is right now taking advantage of the fact that people love quarterback wins, and they've won all three of those games. He hasn't been great. He needs to be better. But the Jets being fourgn too. Right now, the Jets are the third seed. If the playoffs are day, they'd be the well, they wouldn't be the three seed, they'd be the number one wild card team. They have the best record of any non division leader in the AFC, So I give them credit for that. I don't think that's sustainable. The biggest surprise of the Giants, Yeah, I know the Giants. We're gonna be terrible. Not only are they not terrible, they are winning gritty games where they're losing late and finding ways to win.
Speaker 5: What's up A few weeks ago, it seemed like you were far off of you were not entertaining the Jets, I mean the Giants.
Speaker 3: I was not four and zero and be a bad team. Is I was like, they'll beat that Lee could beat Dallas with Cooper Rosh peach Chicago. I was like, but then they're gonna play Green Bay and Baltimore and get their teeth kicked in in both those games. Instead they're playing green Bay. They're down fourteen in that game, down ten in the second half, and they find a way to win.
Speaker 4: So are you with Daniel Jones in the Giants, Well far do you think they could take?
Speaker 3: Okay, so then let me just finish real quick. And then Baltimore another game, they're down ten in the second half and they find a way to win. So I think Dable's doing an excellent job. Saquan is awesome. The defense is playing well like It shows you what a bad job Joe Judge was doing coaching that team because it's mostly the same players and now they're five and one. Daniel Jones, they are. If they get a real quarterback there, they could be a dangerous team very quickly. Daniel Jones right now is doing just enough. He's not killing you. I give him credit against Baltimore and made a few nice plays, and he has stopped fumbling the football, which was his biggest problem. He is still at best, like the twentieth best quarterback in football, so I think he's a future career backup. But to be five and one in that circumstance, let me give you a quick prediction on what's going to happen with them. The I think with them, I think they're gonna sign Jimmy G this offseason. I think Jimmy I think that is where Jimmy G goes, and so that's where I think this goes for them. But they have been the biggest surprise. Dable's been the coach of the year and Saguan's been unbelievable. One last thing, but it's not in the rest of the show. I just want to mention it here. And this is not a surprise, but it should be noted. Arizona being consistently this god awful, particularly on offense, particularly in the first half of games, is just unforgivable. It's just utterly and totally unforgivable. Follow do this math for me. Arizona in Week one seven first half points Arizona in week two, zero first half points, Arizona in week three, six first half points, Arizona in Week four, three first half points. So now we're up to sixteen Arizona in week five, ten first half points. That's not terrible. Uh So now we're up to twenty six Arizona this past week three first half points. That's twenty nine first half points in six weeks. So that's less than five points a game in the first half of games for a team whose entire strength is supposed to be its offense. Now, I know they get nw Co Hopkins back, but they lose Hollywood Brown because he got hurt Arizona. They are so poorly coached and Cliff does such a bad job. And Kyler after getting all that money and talking all that trash, Kyler has six passing touchdowns this year.
Speaker 4: Six.
Speaker 3: He is an eighty one passer rating for a team that last year I think started what nine and two. This is brutal and I I don't see any way out for them. And you also keep in mind they're two and four. One win is against Carolina and the other win is against one and four Raider team that actually think is kind of frisky. But that Raider win was one of those miraculous games of the year. They were down in that game, twenty three to seven with nine minutes left, They're down sixteen with nine minutes lething came all the way back to win. That was Kyler's one good moment. They've been a disaster. We'll be we Hey, ten minutes overtime, that's exactly you know what. Take another ten seconds we'll go to the exact length of been NFL overtime. We're gonna talk a little bit about the Warriors contract extensions, and then back to the other NFL stories where you take your questions in the sea block. This is what's right.
Speaker 6: Hey there, Ryan Reynolds here, it's a new year, and you know what that means.
Speaker 4: No, not the diet resolutions.
Speaker 6: A way for us all to try and do a little bit better than we did last year, unlike big wireless is to not be a raging and raise the price of wireless on you every chance I get. Give it a try at midmoble dot com.
Speaker 7: Slash switch forty five dollars up from payment required equivalent to fifteen dollars per month. New customers on first three month plan only taxes and fees, extra speeds lower about forty gigabytes on unlimited cementmoble dot com for details.
Speaker 3: Welcome back in What's Right, Nick Right secon Segment number two demands what are we starting with Warriors extensions?
Speaker 5: Just a few days after Draymond threw the punch of Jordan Pool, it is obvious that the Warriors have Pools back. Yeah, signed a huge extension this weekend, and they also found themselves, I mean sorry, they also tied themselves to Wiggans long term. Warriors are now on a five hundred million dollars luxury tax.
Speaker 4: Bill in the future.
Speaker 5: Yeah, is there any chance that they all regret keeping Pool over Draymond.
Speaker 4: We'll be curious to hear your answer on this one.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, I am I am not a huge believer. I think Steve Kerr had a very good quote about Jordan Pool, which was, listen, you earned every penny of this. We're happy for you, but there's a reason you played seventeen minutes a game in the playoffs, and we want to play you thirty minutes a game. You've got to get better and we'll see how the punch affects him, how the new money affects him, all of that. Jordan Poole obviously has talent, but he's a defensive liability and he's incredibly confident, which can be good but also can be bad. They got Wiggins on a good salary. I mean, he took a pay cut from where he was. He obviously is happy there. It's just the right spot for him where he's not relied on for his scoring. His scoring is a bonus good defense. He was critical to them last year. I've given my pound of flesh on the Wiggins thing. But what is noteworthy about this is the timing of him, because I do not believe now that they have decided to give Pool the extension and to give Wiggins the extension, I do not believe they are giving Draymond an extension. And I think the odds of Draymond being traded, as I said last week that I thought it would be traded before the deadline, just increased exponentially because you could get things of value for Draymond Green. What what what?
Speaker 5: I just think Draymond I think in two years he's done.
Speaker 3: That might be true.
Speaker 5: I just don't I don't know what I don't know what exactly Draymond did last year.
Speaker 4: Well that I understand, He's got his track record.
Speaker 3: He was good at the he was good at the end of the finals. He he does unlock things for them lineups they can play because when he is locked in, he is still a tremendous defensive player, and his synergy with Steph Curry is helpful. With that said, there's very there's just a very select list of teams that could really, if you're a bad team, have no use for Draymond Green if they're there, you know, there's only certain teams that could use him. However, now that they have paid Pool and Wiggins, do I think it's possible that they, as I said last week, that they decide to see what trade value Draymond as an expiring deal or a deal with a player option plus one of the other young guys has I do? Do I think that they want anything to do with Draymond picking up this thirty some million dollar option or opting out and expecting a big deal.
Speaker 5: I don't Is there an option where Draymond can just take way less money?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know why he would because here's the thing. He has one year left on his deal. Let me tell you the exact numbers on it, and then we'll move on back to football. I think it's thirty two million, but I want to make sure. I want to get the money right. So Draymond this year is so it was a four year, hundred million dollar deal, so I actually had them wrong. So it's twenty six million this year and then a player option for twenty eight million next year. So Draymond at the end of this year, his agent Rich Paul with Clutch, it's going to survey the landscape and find out is there anyone out there willing to give him a multi year high dollar extension. If there is not, then he will just pick up that player option for twenty eight million. He would never decline the player option to then take ten million. You know that doesn't make sense now. Is it possible he would decline the player option at one year twenty eight million in order to get three years sixty million. So it's less money per year but more length. Yeah, that's on the board. But I think the Warriors are going to move him because I think that they would risk losing him for nothing this offseason. I think what he did was a big deal. I thought Kevin Durant quote, I know there were some members of the media trying to act like other members. This is one of the things I hate. Members of the media who try to act like other members of the media are soft compared to them. And they were doing this whole Oh, this happens all the time. Oh, guys don't know what it's like in the locker room. And then Kevin Durant gave a quote, he's I got in the league sixteen years. I've never seen that happen. Kyrie, of course, though in the same locker room, was asked by Nick Friedell, you know about the moment. He's like, oh, man, I wasn't surprised at all. I've seen it all in the league, Like, yeah, of course you have, kay, but no, so it was a really big deal. What happened. The Warriors acknowledged it was a big deal and then lost their metal on it by letting Draymond. The reason they didn't suspend Draymond. I truly believe this night they don't want to miss ring Knight, but I don't think it's sustainable there, and the Warriors made it very clear they have made their choices in valuing Pool and Wiggins over Draymond, all right, or playing a game now?
Speaker 4: We are playing all in our fold, folks.
Speaker 5: And by the way, you guys can send in questions or respond to the chat and we will read the best answers. Okay, it means that if we didn't read your answer, that it sucks.
Speaker 3: No, that's not what it means.
Speaker 4: I'm kidding, guys, That's not what it means.
Speaker 3: It probably means we just didn't see it. Demonse's computer isn't working.
Speaker 4: It sucks sometimes as well. Go ahead.
Speaker 5: Joe Burrow and Jamar Chames finally had a big day for the Bengals and a win within New Orleans, but the Ravens and Browns lose and the AFC North is wide open, all interfold.
Speaker 4: The Bengals will make the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Or he's going on, Oh, I wouldn't feel great about this all in, but I will go all in on it. Okay, I think the Bengals. Listen, the Bengals did not fix their offensive line. They're gonna have to play the rest of the season out of shotgun. I don't know what they want to, but that's what they're gonna have to do. And the offense will be able to function because of that. Also, they needed Jamar to have a huge day. He did. Jamar had been okay this year, but since Week one he is. He had. Week one he was ten for nine in a touchdown, Week two five for fifty four, Week three six for twenty nine, Week four four for eighty one, Week five seven for fifty only one touchdown that stretch, and then yesterday seven for one, thirty two and two scores, all of them critical. And now Cincinnati's got Atlanta, Cleveland, Carolina, a bye week, Pittsburgh, Tennessee before they get Kansas City. Now the end of their season is brutal Kansas City, Cleveland with the Shawn back, Tampa, New England, Buffalo, Baltimore. So they they can't be five hundred going into that stretch. But home against Atlanta at Cleveland, home for Carolina. I like them in all those spots. That's six and three going into the bye before they play Pittsburgh. I think they make the playoffs next.
Speaker 4: Felix says he's he's folding the rest of the calendar, but.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, after again, kans City, Cleveland, Tampa, New England, Buffalo, Baltimore is a brutal final six weeks. Don't get me wrong, but Cincinnati at home against Baltimore in Week eighteen, at the very least, I would expect Cincinnati to be in a position where if they win that game, they're in the playoffs. You know what I mean, I would expect that, all right.
Speaker 5: Next, the Vikings quietly had one of the best records in the league at five and one. With a two game lead in the division, and the Packers collapsing, Minnesota can have a real shot all interfold. It's time to take the Vikings seriously.
Speaker 3: I mean I think you have to. I mean take them seriously to win the division. Absolutely all in on that. Take them seriously to win multiple playoff games, No chance. I don't trust Kirk Cousins like that. But they have a bye this week, they're home for Arizona and then they're at Washington. That to me feels like seven and one. It's seven and one, And you guys know, I made it clear how skeptical I am about the Packers. So yeah, I'm all in on the Vikings winning that division, even if I don't think they're gonna be a real playoff threat.
Speaker 5: Bailey's zappy and The Patriots crushed the Browns thirty eight to fifteen, which is good news for everybody in New England except for mac Jones.
Speaker 4: All In or Fold.
Speaker 5: Mac Jones will be the quarterback in New England will be the backup.
Speaker 3: I mean the quarterback in New England. This is a tough one. I think he should be. I think Zappi is interesting.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: We know what mac Jones is. Mac Jones was a high floor, low ceiling guy who this year tried to come out and prove to people he was a high ceiling guy and he turned himself into a low floor guy with two touchdowns five picks. Was bad.
Speaker 4: Bailey.
Speaker 3: Zappi came in, was like, I'm just happy to be here.
Speaker 4: Yea.
Speaker 3: I will run the offense and this week three for three hundred yards. Yeah, he's doing exactly what they want to do. They're running the football, they're playing good defense. That guy, Jack Jones has been excellent the corner. Patriots did seem to have a good draft. I would stick with Zappi. This isn't a Cooper rush Dack situation where it's like, oh my god, what you know what?
Speaker 4: Right, Dak Prescott's obviously.
Speaker 3: The right has all this talent, all that that's not this situation at all, and so listen, I would sick with ZAPPI Uh, I don't think they will, but I'm very curious if Mac comes back in and tries to throw it all over the field again and tries to do these things that he was was screwing him up the first few weeks, if they go back to Bailey Zappy Mac Jones officially unnotice Next h at.
Speaker 5: The Jets upset the Packers and Lambeau, sauce Gardner wore a cheesehead until Alan Lazard.
Speaker 4: Knocked it off.
Speaker 5: Also, he said Jets fans and Lambeo kind of made it feel like a home game.
Speaker 4: All unfold. Sauce Gardner destroyed the Jets. Good karma.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I'm folding that. I actually liked that. I actually liked that he did that.
Speaker 5: I thought it was pretty pretty genuine.
Speaker 3: I think that guy's awesome. That guy's been a dominant player every step of his life. I don't know how he ended up at Cincinnati. I haven't researched that he was unbelievable there. He's been great with the Jets. Him and Stingley, the two corners that went top five stingly to the Texans. Have both been phenomenal players. The Jets, again, the pivot point is going to be how good is Zach Wilson. But the rest of that team, they are building a real team. So I'm folding that he just destroyed the Jets. Good karma. I liked that moment. It reminded me a bit of Richard Sherman with the Young Seahawks when Tom Brady came to Seattle with the Patriots and the Seahawks beat him, and Sherman ran up to him at the end of the game and yelled, you mad bro, you mad bro, like a young brash I'm here corner and a young brash defense. I liked it all right.
Speaker 5: Next the Jags billl and late game lead to Matt Ryan and repeatedly let you down.
Speaker 4: Will this be the straw that broke the Camel's back? All in her.
Speaker 5: Fold Nick will keep betting on the Jags and the Prince that loss.
Speaker 3: So I had the Jags plus a point and a half on this show by it and plus two and a half on the TV show. Okay, Demonse, They're up one with Indy has the ball in field goal range with less than a minute left. Everyone knows they're just going to run the ball, kick the field goal, win by two. I'm gonna be or maybe miss the field goal, but if they do, they win by two. My two and a half covers. I'm gonna be sad for Trevor Lawrence and the Jags, but at least my bet wins. Instead, they throw a bomb down the sideline and score a touchdown. Indy, by the way, has been the most unbelievable team this year. I just want to tell you how Indy. Indy was down twenty to three to start the fourth quarter against the Texans in Week one. That game ends up being tied in overtime. The Jags then kick their ass twenty four to nothing. Kansas City. They beat the Chiefs on a touchdown pass with twenty nine seconds left. They beat Denver in overtime thanks to Russ's interception, and they in that Denver game again. Like, this is a team that is down with eight seconds left and then they kick a field goal to tie it and then win in overtime. And then this week they are down with how much time twenty three seconds left and they throw a bomb to the end zone. I never see anything like it. The Jags are in real trouble and this game wasn't on Trevor, but he could have been better. I have to stop betting on the Jags, like I feel like I don't have a choice with that said. What's the line this week? Oh, they're home against the Giants? Yeah, well this is well what do you think that line is? Jaguars at home against the Giants.
Speaker 4: So I think it's Giants two and a half.
Speaker 3: All right, So this is gonna blow your mind. Jacksonville favored by three? Oh boy, oh boy?
Speaker 5: Yeah funny because Felix says all in, he's too deep. He needs to be stopped for his own good. Okay, so here's exhibit. You know who's gonna love? The Giants plus three are dopey producers?
Speaker 3: You everyone? The Giants getting getting a full three. You thought they'd be favored by two and a half.
Speaker 4: Look at them.
Speaker 3: Nobody can figure out this line? Why would Jack? You know what?
Speaker 4: I love it?
Speaker 3: You love it? I love it, you love the Giants?
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean I might bet on that right now, and it might be the only thing that I that I bet on.
Speaker 3: You bet on for the week, Yes, just in case it moves. If everyone bets the giants, it moves down to two and a half two. Oh boy, you guys. One of my rules of gambling. If demons and the producers love the same bet, I'm going on the other side. We answer your questions in the chat next.
Speaker 8: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like you know, to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome back in What's Right, Nick Right, final segment. We've gone late, as we do every Monday's show. By the way, you're watching right now, please watch the beginning of the TV show because I'm gonna do something fun for the Bill's Chiefs Game. Little sneak preview for the folks. But you guys that are watching this right now. I have a prepared statement that I'm gonna read at the beginning of the TV show. I've never done it. Maybe it won't work, maybe it will, but check that out three pm Eastern one FS one. Also, the next What's Right comes out live on YouTube at ten thirty Eastern Thursday morning. And then of course our gambling show another god Dog two in three week thanks to the Jaguars, just the worst man.
Speaker 4: I think just gonna have to take a different approach in the YO. It's I saw by the way. I know we're supposed to answering questions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna answer your questions in the chat in just second.
Speaker 5: H You tweeted you can get the Chiefs plus five and a half.
Speaker 7: Uh huh.
Speaker 4: Why didn't you text that to me?
Speaker 3: Well you should? Don't you have alerts on for my Twitter?
Speaker 4: I okay, don't you?
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, I mean I shouldn't have to text you directly. I mean I sent it to five hundred thousand people.
Speaker 5: I just love like the I feel like the humbleness of the tweet. I feel like you kind of like retracted from here.
Speaker 4: What do you mean, like you just said like fyl It was like, not is.
Speaker 3: I do that? Whenever the chiefs are underdogs in live betting, I send out the same tweet, FYI, you can get them on this. And by the way, the plus five and a half w to one. Yeah, I know I was unlike the plus two and a half. But oh you know what, before we get to the questions, I'm gonna do something incredibly self serving here, Okay, and I need I'm gonna need our social team to go ahead and clip this and send this to me. Okay, totally self serving. Then we'll get to the questions. Go ahead and put me on the one shot please here. So yesterday was not only my wife's birthday, but also the one year anniversary of her store. Trentage is amazing boutique here in Harlem, which happens to be the location of the podcast. If you ever come to Trentage to do some shopping, you can see our set that we have built out here where Demonse and I do the show. And it's incredibly gracious of her to give us the space. It's incredibly awesome with Fox and Her to be able to work out that we can use this space. I'm very happy about all that than anything. I'm very and I wish I could almost turn the camera around and show everybody that the amazing this store she has built. She has picked out every single item in this store by hand. Yesterday it was like a celebration for the entire community here because it has been such a gym in the community, because she has created a place that is legitimate, like high fashion items for the women of Harlem were of all in New York City, particularly Harlem, for not high fashion prices and it you know, it's very important to her that this stuff stays affordable. And it was her lifelong dream and she opened it on her fortieth birthday last year, and yesterday we had a great party for her birthday this weekend, which was kind of a celebration of her. And then yesterday there was an unbelievable party here for the one year anniversary of Trentage. And it's just such a cool thing. And I'm so incredibly proud of her and I love her so very much, and we appreciate her letting us use her space to do this podcast. Oh there you go, Thanks buddy, All right, now let's answer the questions. Go ahead, No, I said, thanks buddy, like that was a nice thing you added to I thought that was sweet of you.
Speaker 5: All right, So Todd asked, what's one sporting event left on this year's calendar that Nick and d most like to go to?
Speaker 3: If it wasn't in guitar, the World Cup. For me, if it was if it wasn't there, the World Cup Final would be my answer. I'm not big on going to NFL games in person. I think the NFL's better on t Yeah, there's so it's like it almost feels like you gotta be ready to fight at football games. It's like a very hostile environment. Now we're going to be going to the NETS season opener against the Pelicans. That's gonna be dope. We're gonna go to going to like forty of the NETS games this year. We got season tickets. So but for me, the answer if it was anywhere else or almost anywhere else. The World Cup is an unbelievable experience and it's one thing I've never been to. And there's no major tennis events less left in the calendar year, so none of those.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 5: Next, sweet John asked, what do you think happens to Lamar Jackson if he misses the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Oh right, listen, I think unless the Ravens make the super Bowl, I think it's the same result for Lamar no matter what, which is they're gonna franchise tag. I don't think he's gonna get the contract he wants. They are not gonna give him unless they go on a deep, deep playoff run. And even if they miss the playoffs, it's not like they're gonna let him walk. And so Lamar was unbelievable the first three weeks of the year, has struggled somewhat the last few weeks of the year, the last most recent few weeks. So I think it's a franchise tag almost no matter what for Lamar.
Speaker 5: Next okay, Joe Smith asked if the Bills do happen to beat the Chiefs in the playoffs, they definitely have to win the Super Bowl two to validate the season, or would it be considered a failure.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's interesting. Uh, I don't think it would be if the Bills beat the Chiefs and make the super Bowl, but losing the Super Bowl that's clearly not a failure. But it would be completely devastating for Buffalo because this is a team that went to four straight Super Bowls and lost them all. This is a team that's never won a Super Bowl. And this is supposed to be a year where the Bills are peaking, and it's supposed to be and the Chiefs are taking slight step back, Chiefs drafting all those guys, trading Tyreek. The Bills are in a rough cap situation. Next year, they went out and got von Miller like so that this is a year where it would be the depth. The failure is when they lose to the Chiefs in the playoffs again, which is what's going to happen. I know I started off the show humble and good whatever, I'm not concerned at all. I don't care where that playoff game is. Put that playoff game on the goddamn moon. I don't care, and I'll believe Josh Allen can beat Patrick Mahomes in a game that actually matters when it actually happens.
Speaker 5: Next, Okay, we got Raymond here, says I love the show, and it's so awesome to see Demande's growth on the show after show is I'm sorry, growth show after show It's yeah, it's inspiring.
Speaker 3: Look at that growth.
Speaker 5: Jeezuz Christ, thank you Raymond. I appreciate your support. Uh, what do you think the top storyline will be in the NBA this year? The Warriors chemistry or the Clippers as a contender?
Speaker 3: What do you think you answer it?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 5: I think the bigger one would be the Clippers being a contender. I think the Warriors chemistry is like a like a no brainer type thing. I think that's always going to be there.
Speaker 3: So I think he's talking about it because of the Draymond thing, Like do you think.
Speaker 4: That I think I'm doing that thinking that Draymond's not going to be there?
Speaker 3: Oh there are Raymond? Yeah, that would end up being a massive story. Uh that you know, there are a few people talking about that. I'm one of them, But it's not like that's the consensus. Do you buy the Clippers as the best team in the West on paper? On paper? They're the best team in the West the by the way, and we'll get in this in the NBA season preview. It's really unbelievable to me. I was told all last year that I had to just eat it that Jokic gets to be an MVP on a sixth seed, because hey, they would be title contenders if they had their second and third best players. It's not his fault. They don't have them now. They have all of them, and I haven't seen a single person pick them to even make the finals, let alone win the championship. Not a single person. So the Clippers on paper are awesome. I think Kawhi is a bigger injury risk than Anthony Davis. I think the idea that you're gonna get seventy five games out of Kawhi Leonard he's a great, great, great player, but I mean, he tore his ACL in the playoffs the year before this most recent one. We haven't seen him play since then, so I think, and again, we'll do an NBA preview on Thursday. I think, low key, the biggest story in the NBA this year might be the Sixers. I think the Sixers could be awesome. I think Embiid's angry that he's he feels he's been you know, snubbed on the MVP a couple of years in a row. I think Harden will be better than he was last year, even if he's not vintage Harden. And I think that Maxi Kid's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So all that plus the depth, the Daryl's built. I like the Sixers. All right, let's do a couple more than I gotta go.
Speaker 5: All right, Cornell ask over, under Draymond will still be with the Warriors after the all start?
Speaker 3: I say, Under, you know, I think I think he gets traded is obviously you had to get traded before the deadline deadlines right after the break. But I think he'll get traded before the next.
Speaker 5: Ruben asked how much thigh?
Speaker 4: Okay, jeez, I was like, wait, why are we talking about thighs here?
Speaker 5: Ruben asked, how much thigh will you continue to let Demonse get away?
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, It's a new generation. They're the short short generation. It's a weird thing. It was like John stocked in in that era and then these g gen Z weirdos that wear these short shorts and they're just like they're just trying to show off leg I don't understand it. I've tried to tell Demanse there's a few things.
Speaker 4: I'm built differently than most humans.
Speaker 3: I understand you have long legs. They make shorts for those people.
Speaker 5: No, these are actually a large If I get an XL in these shorts, they're freaking huge.
Speaker 4: In my waist.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what belts are for, belts for shorts or or what about pants? Since we're on TV.
Speaker 4: I've worn my two pairs of jeans the last the last week. I just can't keep wearing jeans.
Speaker 3: Well you can. It's it's fall in New York.
Speaker 5: Not everybody's got their same clothing from like ten years ago. Okay, you know what, buddy, I'm building up here. You guys, you guys have been seeing me. I've been coming with some different stuff.
Speaker 4: Please.
Speaker 3: Monse has been spent a lot of money on fits. Unfortunately, they're all the money. The fits are all shorts. It's just we have we are seeing a nice different you know, a long closet full of shorts, but maybe mix some pants in there. Well, listen, he is doing a great job. There are a few things though, you just won't listen to me on.
Speaker 4: The One of them is I definitely am not listening to this guy on fashion. Doesn't even you don't even dress yourself?
Speaker 3: Well yeah, but I don't need to. I already did the whole thing about your mom. That's what she does for a living. But okay, listen, demand is doing a great job. Today was a great show. We'll be back on Thursday. By the way, I like the Chargers tonight. I don't know if I like the Chargers minus what are they right now? Five and a half by the Chargers to win tonight and mercifully. Last thing, is this the last time?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 3: Are the Broncos on national TV every game, every week. The damn Broncos are the national TV game. I'm gonna check real to say it again.
Speaker 4: There's two.
Speaker 3: No, there's not two. Who told you there was two?
Speaker 4: Oh no, it's Denver playing the Charger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's Denver against the Chargers. The Broncos. They have another national TV game in two weeks. They're the London game. At least that's a different type of National TV game because it's the London game. And then they have another national TV game in December against the Chiefs on Sunday Night.
Speaker 5: Everybody on Earth thought Russell Wilson was better than what he is.
Speaker 3: Well, not everybody on Earth, my friend, one person didn't. All right, we'll talk to you us on Thursday's right
Speaker 4: Job