Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Anthony dor set De, Montrey More and newly Scrugs.
Speaker 2: It is a Tuesday and a busy Tuesday here at the Star in Frisco. You are in the players Lounge, brought to you by Aristocratic Game. We've got Anthony door Set in the house, former NFL player and the son of the legend the thirty three, the original thirty three was getting down before everybody, Tony Dorseet. We've got Barry Church in the house. Former Cowboys Saints. You here probably could have used your four five players brothers running free, I mean people setting career once again, once career highs being set against that Cowboy defenses. The Cowboys get beat by the Arizona Cardinals twenty seven to seventeen. I'm sorry, I was wrong. I picked the Cardinals. I'm like, this is a bad team. You're gonna get this done. I was wrong, wrong? Wrong? You right?
Speaker 3: I mean I think we all picked that. Yes, in this situation, we was all wrong, man, and I was over here talking about you the more talented team. There's no way you let this one slide, like you gotta get this. And man, the Arizona Cardinals came in here and.
Speaker 2: Just physically beat the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: They looked like the more talented team again again, And at what point does this team get punched in the mouth and respond like, where's the CounterPunch out?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: They started a little bit fast, then fourth down, turn it overs on downs, then after that they never recovered from the game.
Speaker 2: And to me, it's just like, where's the adjustments? What's going on? Offensive line is struggling.
Speaker 3: Earlier in the season that was a strength, a surprising strength, it was. But your offensive line is struggling. Yet you continue doing these you know, five step deep developing routes where that got to hold the ball a little bit longer. Your offensive line is not holding up and defenses are taking advantage of that.
Speaker 2: They're only rushing forward getting home and they're muddying up all the windows back there in the secondary in the second level. For Dad Prescott, you know, to me, this is this it's just it's an outstanding to me when I look at this, and I'm on the defensive side of the football.
Speaker 3: Now, how bad it can be. And I was a part of some bad defense. I was a part of some defenses that gave up a lot of yards. But we at least had fight there. We at least fought.
Speaker 2: Say the word, say the word, you know you want to say it can't do this. I can't. You know, it's gutless. I can't. I didn't say. Look, look, man, that was gutless effort. Bro. You knew they knew what they had to do. You knew what you had to do at home. They came out here, Jacobe said, out here looking like Tom Feeling giving him work.
Speaker 4: The boy that fumbled the mark was the running back then, yeah he was out there. They look they look good coming in here. I mean it was. It was a total team yeah, total team effort for them, both sides of the ball. You know, like you try to figure out what happened to you know, George Pickens and CD and you sitting back there, like where are they at? Just like you said, every route is taking so long. We're trying to hit deep balls. We're trying to hit you know, like these pass routes that are taken so long for them to develop, and unfortunately it's not coming to fluishing it up.
Speaker 2: But where was it? Wredak was not getting killed? Yeah, man, bro that offensive line, that offensive line, he supposedly got healthier.
Speaker 5: This is this book. This was five sacks money.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is remody a Carolina Carolina game where they beat you up front all night long after the first drive, to beat you up all night long and here to me are right. This is where the part of me just says, Hey, I'm sorry. Your offensive coordinator was with who last year Arizona? So you don't know what to do. Yeah, you don't know what. You don't know what the DC gonna do. You know what, you don't know what they like to do. This is embarrassing, gutless, brotless at home when you needed it before the Bible. You guys played in the league. So what's it like with you go to Bibele and not just going about you going to bibe we get smacked.
Speaker 3: It sucks because that's the week you're supposed to be. I don't relaxing of care in the world. No football. I'm chilling. You ain't on no wind streak. Not only that you got embarrassed primetime television Monday night, everybody watching this versus a team that pretty much everybody picked you to.
Speaker 4: Win bye week, you might get to take the pads off a little bit, you know what I'm saying, winning if you're playing well. Unfortunately for the Cowboys, I don't think they're gonna get to take the pads off this week.
Speaker 5: They might actually have.
Speaker 4: To scrimmage squash going on for real.
Speaker 5: Tobo, Hey, I ain't nothing more of that, but.
Speaker 2: You might not want to be seen like I'm getting embarrassed like that.
Speaker 3: I'm like, bro, I'm at the crib, like, don't ask me to go out, don't ask me to be seen out.
Speaker 2: But I'm not doing none of that.
Speaker 3: They don't want to show up at the club, no restaurants.
Speaker 2: Is that church that the guy that was missing technically hey.
Speaker 4: Guys' ady o, Hey let me tell you. And in Oakland that team that the fans felt like they were that personal with the team, So you know, the town is a little bit different anyway.
Speaker 5: So you out there, it's black right, you're not having business.
Speaker 4: You don't handle your business on the field, then people gonna let you know out in the public black Town.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they ain't got no problem.
Speaker 5: They're gonna let you know real.
Speaker 2: And let you say something back. You ain't say nothing, Arizona. They was cracking up. You ain't, man, you want to get me to work that you didn't want to get a char.
Speaker 4: But that was it was, It was, it was. It was really tough watching that man. And as I'm sitting at home and and you know, all week were talking about this is a game that you gotta.
Speaker 2: Gotta, I gotta have.
Speaker 5: You gotta get, we believed it. Oh my god, man, I'm going man, I'm done.
Speaker 4: And it was like after the third, after the third third down completion that they got, and everything was third and ten, third and twelve, third and fourteen or whatever, and they're and they're marching down the field.
Speaker 5: I was like, hey this.
Speaker 4: I wanted to just come on to chat and be like hey this, this ac't looking good. But I tried to stay optimistic and I tried to.
Speaker 2: Just say third and thirteen, third and nineteen.
Speaker 3: I've seen to pick up a second and nineteen with per sent out there dealing with these these folks. So to me, it was just like it was an embarrassing lounch like y'all said. And when you look at it, I'm looking at this secondary and I understand you say these are down to the third and fourth string, no digs, no slot corner.
Speaker 2: But you look at Bland, not ninety two mil bro. This is all pro corner. He was getting picked on just as much or not more tagged up than all these other cats. Marvin Harrison up and down.
Speaker 4: We talked about that, all us alone out there routing folks up.
Speaker 2: And this is blad. This it's the best you got. You're getting routed up. Man. See the lamb up there when he when he when.
Speaker 4: He lost, Yes, when he lost his footing on on that slant. And I know what was going through his head as far as his technique and what he was thinking. But uh, when he went to put that foot in the.
Speaker 5: Ground and then it wasn't there wasn't there no more. You've you've rarely seen that happen.
Speaker 2: It didn't this whole process. Now were these corners?
Speaker 3: Because I don't understand it personally, You in press coverage. The reason for press coverage, if I'm not wrong, you gotta get hands.
Speaker 2: Yes, why are these corners?
Speaker 3: There's impress coverage, but they're not using their hands. They're just kind of mirroring them with the feet.
Speaker 4: I don't know, nobody wants to use their hands anymore. And like, I don't understand the process of it either. What's the purpose of getting down there first of all, if you're not gonna stay square and you're just gonna open the gate and turn it into a foot race.
Speaker 2: And at that point we always say if he even he's leaving, all right, So it was bad. This is this is the drive charge for the Cowboys. Jeezu downs, punt fumble, missfield goal, halftime, field goal downs, touchdown, fumble, interception. This is the drives, baby nine drives. Just go off a touchdown to the fourth court. But there's help on the way, oh Man Gerald Wayne Jones meant business when it went on first take with Stephen A. Smith before the team got embarrassed and said there's gonna be a trade. There was a trade, and that's early this morning. The Cowboys traded for linebacker Logan Wilson. He only comes from the team that has the worst defense in the league, Cincinnati, and was pitched there.
Speaker 5: He was benched there on the worst defense right in the league.
Speaker 2: So they're gonna get him for a seventh round pick. So and that's next year. So there we got, all right, that ain't a bad one. So so he's coming to town. He's better than which he you know, from last place defense is the second to last place defense. So okay, so that's one one. But this defense is so bad. He's might be the best you got. He definitely gonna be the best line back your head question. So then they made the major trade for Quinn Williams, defense tackle for the New York Jets' twenty eight years old three time pro bowler. They're going to give up a twenty twenty six second round pick and a twenty twenty seven first round pick. Wait, so that's one of your first from that whole Green Bay Michael Parsons. From what I can tell right now, this looks like it's going to be the Cowboys. Oh okay there, but you're keeping your two ones next year right now, twenty twenty six, you're gonna have your two ones yours in Green Bay. You're not gonna have a second round pick, now, have a third round pick right now. That's what you got going on there. Now. Quinn Williams was the guy that had major interest in before the Michael Parsons trade. But the Jets didn't want to do that deal. They want to know parts of it, which I can understand from the standpoint of, hey, look we get Michael Parsons. I had to give up major picks and pay a lot of money, something they didn't want to do. I'm just unloading picks, I mean unloading players today for picks. A Sauce Gardener, they're outstanding quarters now going to the Colts for two first rounds, which is nothing. Yeah, he's a good player, but two first rounders. But I guess they think they're ready. Hey, hey, look, you know what, So the Jet the Jets have been making moves today, been making moves today. So good luck to Aaron Glenn because you know you losing Sauce Gardener, quinnen with now your Cowboys made. The Cowboys defense may not be last for long. Jets about to be in trouble. They have given up the ship. So Quinn Williams is coming here to play alongside Kenny Clark. So now your defensive front is got two legitimate guys that are both signed through twenty twenty seven. Now here's the killer guys, I mean, everybody ready for this. And in that deal they traded Mozzie Smith. I can't believe it. Burst round. Missie Smith is gone Smith, Mozzie man backbone of the defense. The enforced you know what condors.
Speaker 4: At least they found somebody who was who was who was recepted.
Speaker 2: No more, no more. Here's the thing, guarantee this no more in actors from Ozzie. You can put the salute the service away. He goes MOI is going to New York. Boy, he let him have some fun with that media. So it's official. It was a bust of the first round.
Speaker 3: Pick top buzz is he above Taco when it comes to the to the busts old first rounders.
Speaker 2: So the problem for Taco was who they could have had, could have had TJ. White. That was the problem because another thing, the other problem I had with it coming out of school TJ. TJ was the Big Ten defensive player of the year. Taco was a guy who didn't start till his senior year at Michigan. So it's like, wait a minut it there is a dude who's been balling from a family of ballers, and you're taking this guy because Rod mary Nelly said he fit the skin by guy, which you know, at some point in time, can we stop listening to the coaches? Really? What what coaches want? I remember one time when Wade Phillips wanted Keith Brooking, but they wanted to draft I want to say it was Levonte David. It was undoubted non function. It was he went to the Fort Navarro. Yes that's who. That's so so apparently the scouts wanted Bowman ways and high. I want Keith Brooking really, yeah, yeah, Sometimes so sometimes you don't need because you know what coaches want. Want something right now, you coach it for now. You can't coach for the future. Coach young want right now. So this is what the Cowboys are doing. Your thoughts, Quinn Williams defensive tackle, Logan Wilson, linebacker.
Speaker 4: My my initial thoughts were, of course, the linebacker, any type of linebacker help right now would be an assistant. Okay, so that right there in itself, and then understanding that he was that guy for a little bit. But they got a younger player in there now that actually took his position. But I saw him do some interviews and he was just talking about how much of a team player he was, and it didn't matter that he was sitting on the bench, how he was going to try to help this young guy learn as much as he could and get you know, progress as much as he could. And anytime you got somebody like that, you know that that takes leadership definitely right there, you know, And then you know, to see the whole Quinn Williams thing. You know, first of all, like we know how big of a player he was when he came out of Alabama, right his brother being one of his teammates up there. You know, I'm surprised they didn't try to go after him. Yeah, you know, bring them both out here. But I definitely think it's it's going to be a help. But when we look at it like I'm looking at it from the standpoint of this, like, Okay, we got two run stoppers now with Kenny Clark Quinn Williams, you still don't have those ads rushers yet, you know what I mean. And then we address part of the problem with line practice, but that secondary still needs some help too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So you know, we've already said that they weren't a player away. They're not two players away. There's several players away, but you know, like in retrospect, trying to get some help in here right now, just how to salvage anything.
Speaker 2: Jerry has to do what he has to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and when it comes to me, you know, Logan Wilson, like you said, he seems like the consumment pro out there, a guy that takes it serious.
Speaker 2: And when he played, you know, he was solid.
Speaker 3: You know, he was a solid line He'll definitely be the best linebacker you have on this team currently. Once he gets the playbook and starts rolling, I believe he'll be an upgrade him. And I mean you can have some of the young cats, whether it's Shamar James or Marisley or Rashawn coming back. So I feel like this linebacker room has gotten better with Wilson. Now we talk about Quinn Williams, I think like that's that's something that that could be huge for this for this Dallas Cowboys defense, not.
Speaker 2: Not so much this year.
Speaker 3: Like I feel like just this defense at best is probably gonna be that around twenty seventeen, you know, if they can with the additions that they've had, I feel like there'll be a better defense going out of this year. But to me this, this is more about next year in the future. I mean, you got some building blocks. You got Kenny Clark, you got Williams, not to mention, you got Osa, Diggy Zula, Solomon Thomas. I'm not sure if he's under contract for next year, but if he is, that would be a nice piece in there as well. He's been playing great as a as a rotational piece. Like you said, you may need some of the edge rusher, edge pressure, and definitely in the secondary.
Speaker 2: But for the future, I think I think it's starting to look a little bright.
Speaker 3: It's a little bright this year, though it's a little bit too late, a little bit too late this year.
Speaker 2: So you're telling me they're not gonna win ten games that yet. Man, it's looking bleak for your boy right now. It's looking real. I can't put the energy out there because then I can't get down, but it's looking extly bleak right now. He's look bleak for your boy right now.
Speaker 3: Man, it's like, God, I'm watching this and shout out to my former teammate kalay Is Campbell.
Speaker 2: I mean he's you know, he may be year what is a year forty five? Right now? I mean this was a. I got to the league, Like yoa out there doing his little turn a round jumper celebration. I thought it was hilarious.
Speaker 3: But he's still out there doing this thing, man, and it just goes to show you he's a dominted player. But ain't no way he's supposed to be out there getting two sacks rested.
Speaker 2: Ain't no way, bro. Only the Cowboys consider around here. Make Russell Wilson and Klays Campbell looks like they're still in their prime, like this is twenty ten to twenty eleven or so.
Speaker 5: And may Jakoby Brissett look like he was Tom Brady.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he looks like he's supposed to be this starting quarterback for that team to wrestle the season.
Speaker 2: Oh oh oh, he may be all of duty in trouble man. He may be, because we finally saw Marvin Harrison getting playing to the level that we thought he was coming out of Ohio State, and they're tied in Trey McBride. I mean McBride. Wow, Okay, this this guy is a good player. But the Cowboys make sure Cowboys make guys look like Pro Bowls. So Marvin Harrison ten targets, seven catches, ninety six yards and a touchdown. McBride nine targets, five cats, fifty five yards in a touchdown.
Speaker 5: Marvin Harrison was at his best game of the season so far.
Speaker 2: Uh, there's no doubt, definitely. But when you got Ceedee Lambo, he was a man.
Speaker 3: He and my boy fall into a little summrsault there. But I don't want to hear nothing about the scheme no more. I don't want to hear about Okay, aout that come.
Speaker 2: Back thoughts about the scheme, And I'll give you a thought of what it looks like the Cowboys defense is going to be as they've made these trades. Do that next right here on the PLAYOFFA hoge bit to by Aristo Craig game, I don't hate.
Speaker 6: Their Cowboys Nation. Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat. A brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys gambling problem. Please contact us National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 7: Crown Royal and the Dallas Cowboys are bringing back the Royal Rig for season two. See it in action at at and T Stadium on Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas Cowboys take on the Kansas City Chiefs, and around Dallas on November twenty sixth and November twenty eight Visit Crownrooyal dot com to see where else the Royal Rig is stopping this NFL season. That's Crownrooyal dot com. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 6: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 5: Cowboys with the code Cowboys V.
Speaker 6: That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 2: Cowboys with the Code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 8: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reunites with the Dallas Cowboys that drop the next chapter of their iconic collaboration. The Boss Cowboys collection fuses fashion and football, once again, capturing the fearless spirit of what it means to be your own boss, just in time for kickoff. Gear up and standout styles that show your team pride with a bold edge. Available now at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo, Boss, Hugo, Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores hashtag be your Own Boss.
Speaker 2: Back to the Players Loud. Celebrate the season at Cowboys Christmas Extravaganza Power by Aliant at the Star in Frisco. Join the team every Friday and Saturday night from November twenty first through December twenty four and electrifying holiday performers. For details, visit thestardistrict dot com. You come out here now, you see already where they're putting everything up, getting ready for it. Door set.
Speaker 4: If you haven't been out there, Hey, we come out here, We come out there. We go out there right the tree, that whole thing. Bring your kids out.
Speaker 2: Okay, So so you've done at church. You've done before. Here, I'm telling you, man, first time it's free, right right and again it's free. That fits everybody. Okay, just get here. I would say this, get here before the show starts to park now because people are lining up to get But it is. It is dynamite. It is dynamite. It is really good. The Dallas coupboard cheers. I hear the rhythm and bruise blues or doubt. They're getting it done. My friend Jenny Derbert Smith, I mean she's got them all out there. Boy, Rob Rob got I mean it's it's a really well done show. Man. I remember going for the first time. I was like, wow, I was out there one time when Miss Jones's wife lit the tree and just watching and I just stuck we did a live shot. I just stuck around and watched the show. I was like, you know, man, that's some that's some big time stuff. So entertainment. So it's coming back once again. It's gonna be November twenty first through December twentieth. It's free. They've always got a lot of guest players out here who like the tree. It's it's pretty cool, man. I got to give the organization their props on that. It's one of those things that I know I look forward to. So we've got some clarification on the Quinn williamship. By the way, this is the player's line Spider Battery scrat gaming Barry Church from NFL player, Anthony Dorset from NFL player's son of the Hall of Fame legend Tony Dorset TD. If you're watching, man, we love you. I'm newly scrutch. Okay, So, Quinn Williams, that's the biggest trade of the day that the Cowboys got. They made too. But Quinn Williams twenty eight years old, three time Pro Bowl So they're giving up a twenty twenty six second round drafting. They're also giving up a twenty twenty seven first round pick, and according to NFL dot Com, the Jets will receive the higher of the two picks. So whether it's Green Bays or Dallas's pick in twenty twenty seven, they get to have that pick, which is fair. You know, we're gonna make them wait a year to get it. That that's fair. So yeah, man, that's that's so. So that's what they got going on there. Logan Wilson, linebacker from Cincinnati comes on over here, so he's here as well. So this is kind of before we get your pointed out, this is kind of what the defense is looking like right now, is they get ready to go. They got a bye week this week, and what looks like it's Vegas defensive end to Davian Clowning defensive tackle, Quinny Williams defensive tackle. So Diggis or Kenny Clark. I'm just gonna say, probably gonna be Kenny Clark start right there. Defensive end. Donovant as a rock the rookie we've been playing better. He has been like he has been playing team Dog team Megan Man, Uh, your linebackers, we're looking up for Vegas Marrion Overshawn Logan Wilson if that he can come back, and that's that's that's your three corners issue right there. Darron Bland care are you long? Don't look like that? Stop it corner? Kayla Carson or Ready Stewart. With your safeties being Malie Hooker and Donnald Wilson, that's what your defense could potentially be.
Speaker 3: Which is better than what we've seeing on paper on papers, better than what we see.
Speaker 2: I still am worried. About that secondary, man.
Speaker 3: I mean I'm looking at that like your best quarter ain't supposed to be getting done like that.
Speaker 2: And I can see, you know.
Speaker 3: A play here and there, everybody gets got but when you consistently getting getting stretched on by these these offenses, that's not a good Uh, that's.
Speaker 2: Not a good situation. Not for millions a lot of buggets, Chris, Chris being Does the Cowboys have an official bread sponsor? They got sponsor everybody you know, they got the official oil chain. Good question. I mean, is it like Missus Basil had or the King's Hawaii? We do have a hat sponsor for the secondary is a Swiss cheese. Cheese.
Speaker 5: It's bad out there. It is awful, it is all I mean.
Speaker 2: Jacoby Brissett is a lifelong backup who's on the sixteen man. He's this is a guy who just goes around, will work. And they're like, okay, come on, I mean that's what we're talking about here. This isn't Joe Burrow. This ain't the Beangles. No, this isn't.
Speaker 4: He's always been serviceable, if not more than serviceable. He's a great game manager when he's had the opportunity to do it.
Speaker 2: But you know. Yeah, it's like but Russ. Okay, Russ comes in here, throws four fifty, he gets benched. That's how right, that's how. That's how this thing. Caleb Williams career highs. Everybody looking I mean, dudes looking good.
Speaker 4: At some point in time, you gotta be sick and tired of being sick and tired. Some some gotta happen. This is the damning thing for the Cowboys. Okay, the Cardinals had.
Speaker 2: Lost four straight games. They come here, Jacoby Brissett leaves here and they got a quarterback controversy. That's how good you made him look. He may sit kind of twenty six million dollars a court. They may not go back to him. That's that's how. That's what the cowboy d made. Man.
Speaker 4: But we've seen we've seen that, and we've talked. We talked about it. We said, hey, hopefully they don't come in here.
Speaker 5: And have their career game.
Speaker 3: They did.
Speaker 4: Look exactly what happened, man, you know. And as far as like, you know, people get beat at the line all the time. That's just part of bumping run. How many times have you ever seen a guy actually lose his footing do a tumble over and everything else like that. That that that was just to the place where like I've seen dudes totally missed with hands. I've seen thus but just the whole somersault and fall thing that that you get.
Speaker 2: Up with the handclapp just ain't nothing you can do it. You can do about that one.
Speaker 5: Now you can do about that.
Speaker 3: And when you and we all understand when when that, when that pay scale is like that, well, you can't be out there looking like that like T k New played with him for a long time, one of the highest paid corners, and he ain't not like you.
Speaker 2: You wasn't getting you wasn't getting done like that. You might get beat, but you wasn't getting done like that, man.
Speaker 3: And it's it's ugly and back to what I was talking about with the scheme wise that I just can't.
Speaker 2: I can't stand it anymore.
Speaker 3: He putting these guys like it's the basics of what these guys aren't doing out there. That's just like, wait a second, what are we doing guys like It's it's simple if you're a press man coverage, but you're not getting hands on guys. You're just letting them run run. Fits like it's the basic things that are killing his defense. And I and I still just I don't understand it when you just look at the pre snap because even on these ESPN and NBC and ABC gag you see all twenty two players in there and they'll tighten it up, but everybody, no one's talking. It's like it's like you're in churches and everybody's just like this, not saying a word to one another.
Speaker 2: And I don't know how you play football like that.
Speaker 4: It's been one of the hardest things to deal with just to watch because you know, like we're talking about get the communication together, then they change communication.
Speaker 5: We hear that they're working on that.
Speaker 4: Then it's okay, let's get away from so much zone and let's start running some man. It does not matter, just like you said, it does not matter what the scheme has been. It does not matter what the defense with the communication has been, the lack of it or whatever. Guys are not making plays, period. They're not making plays. And at the end of the day, you would imagine that if it ain't nothing else but a hustle play, man, just let me get a hustle plate heart play or something.
Speaker 5: We ain't even get none of that.
Speaker 2: That's when you come and say it's gutless. If you can't give me your heart, can't get nobody effort running. And I'm just like, I'm just watching his team run up and down the field on them like they had Arizona pin back. I want to say, like a five six yard line.
Speaker 4: I want man the first that drive when they're on fourth down, when the Cowboys didn't get the first down, Arizona got the ball, like the three get.
Speaker 2: All the way down the field. Man.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm like with cats that, like we said, they're not going against Jamar Chase t Higgins. They're not going against you know, the Seattle outfit offensively or the Colts of what they're doing with well, it was going against the guys that couldn't finish.
Speaker 2: So Jerry on his radio show today on one to five three the Fan said that he made a mistake and having three different defensive coordinators in three years, he said he made a mistake there.
Speaker 5: And so you know flu saying nowhere.
Speaker 2: And as I listened to that, Seattle by the way, so I've got team right now right Seattle first place defense rolling over there. Their defensive coordinator was where last he was Aidenden. Yeah, he was here, the Washington defensive coordinator. It has been there the last two yos. He was here. So you have had two guys who were with dan Quinn who knew the scheme, and you like dan Quinn, Joe wanted the job, Dirty would have taken the job to be a DC, people who understood the scheme, and you let him get out the building to go bring in Mike Zimmer. I like Mike zimmer a d you like, and Barry we all like him. But this scheme d Q was running is not Zimmer's skiing. No, it's not at all. And so you had the issue there. Now you bring in mad ebra Flus and once again third different just so people have an understanding. All these defensive coordinators have different ideas about how they want it. You know what you say, it's a four four to three D. But everybody's got a different idea of what it is they want to do. Mm hm variables right, I mean, just think about it. If you want to sing a song, take pick your favorite song. You gonna do a little you know, you gonna do a remake of it. You're gonna do a little Different're gonna do what fits you. You know, so it and that's the problem. It doesn't fit and you got guys who don't fit here. And Donovan Wilson is a good football player. It was a really good football player under Dan Quinn. The way he fit him in the system right now with Mattiberflussy doesn't look good.
Speaker 3: And when you look at it, another guy they let go out of the door. Who Diggs had his best season under. Bland had his best season under was Al Harris. I mean, this is a guy that you know, he played the position at a very high level for a long.
Speaker 2: Time, gotten the coaching in they had their best years. Our Harris would have loved to have been a defensive courtn You know, you better believe Al Harris was under Dan Quinn. Now Harris knew what was going with the defense. And so one of the things I say is, ka, we all think the forty nine ers are good football team, right Okay. So along the way as Kyle Shanahan has lost guys, he's promoted people from within. Everybody knows what they're doing. They all know what they're doing. You're not going out here bringing different people.
Speaker 4: But you know, the only thing about that is like we talk about the guys who were knew dan quinn stuff, but I know Flues came in here, want to run Flu stuff, you know. So at the same time, like you have these guys who are familiar with dan Quinn's whole scheme and the way he ran his defense. Eve Flush won't come in here and put in his ebra Flu's defense, right, and so so it doesn't you know, like so to have them guys now, granted you just named a couple of ballers, they were pretty good dudes too as well. Not to mention Al Harris was a good, great player and a good coach, but just to just to see that and to try to understand, Okay, we keep talking about you haven't had the tools that you need to go to war with yet.
Speaker 5: So so all.
Speaker 2: Right, so here here's and I guess, as you followed up on this, one of the things Jerry has always been adamant about ad was having to keep the same offense, keep running. I don't want dak to change. I want you to keep doing we're doing offensively. So this this mindset and philosophy you have had for offense, you won't continue it. One of the reasons why he wanted to keep Kellen Moore when Mike McCarthy the guy here, I don't want to change what's going on here. I liked what he liked that thing, and so here it is always wanted to make sure there's continuity and Dak feels good. You look at the defense they put anybody back there right when you had dudes who understood what to do, so you could say, hey, Jerry didn't want to he didn't want to hire a first time defensive coordinator, but you've done it with your offensive coordinator, Clayton. Clayton, I don't even be no dophinsive coordinator. Kellen Moore hadn't been an offensive coordinator. Jason Garrett had not been an offensive coordinator when he got the job here. So you have you. There's a hypocrisy thing going on here. Now. One of my very good friend I always says, yeah, Haye, hypocrisy. Well, you know it's around here. I'm trying to help me understand that I did I did, I did I miss something here? But most of ady, I'm just going back to this thing. There was continuity here in a system that Jerry liked. He liked what they were doing then you go and bring it outside. People like that, and if we're being fair to them, they need to be able to do what they want to do. If we're being fair to them. I mean, if I'm gonna hire Anthony Dorset, I need to look at Anthony Dorset's resume and say, Anthony, can you give me this what you brought to me that I hired you for?
Speaker 4: Right, don't expect me to come in here and be Dan Quinn for you. It ain't gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Especially we don't have an eracer. I mean the racer you had walk out the door, thank you. He would have, he would have.
Speaker 3: He would have fixed a lot of issues, but you wouldn't been seen. Yes, yes, and so so so so I'm glad to hear Jerry at least owned up to it.
Speaker 2: But now, okay, I'll give you my opinion on what he did today with the tradings, just just my opinion. When we come back, I'll just give you my thoughts about the moves Gerald Wayne Jones, the general manager made which people are excited they're talking about Jerry. What's about started up the pot? They've started up the pot today trading for Quinn Williams and Logan Wilson to fix this bad defense. We'll do it next with Barry Church. He's I think your set on a new scrugs. This player's launch brought to you by Aristocrat.
Speaker 9: Game life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through. Whether you're maxing out overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over.
Speaker 2: That scary bridge.
Speaker 9: Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle, and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients in the Gladiator smooth available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kim.
Speaker 6: Hey there, Cowboys Nation, Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a Brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem.
Speaker 6: Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one Gambler. That's one eight hundred g a m b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 2: It's game day and raising kains. If you want to order like a child, it's action off the field. You need to focus on.
Speaker 10: The only play you're running is chicken. So what conbo are you picking? Make it a perfect season. We've got tailgates of hand battered cook to order, chicken fingers and cane Sauce and jugs are freshly made. Tea and lemonade all available to order online or on our a. This season is about to be unbeatable, raising canes, chicken fingers, one love.
Speaker 11: Hey Cowboy fans. Keith Davis here forming Cowboys, saving Davis after they as on. You know what separates Hamptons from the rest making the right move at the right moment The blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 2: That's never been easy.
Speaker 11: The Cowboys became America's team by striking bold when it mattered most. Now it's your team invests like your icons with blockchain dot Com. Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys today to get started and learn that's blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Back to the players, loud capture frame worthy holiday photos with Santa at the Star presented by Momentum Realty. Santa will be spreading holiday cheer from November twenty first, all the way through Christmas Eve. For more information and the book your visit, head to the Star District dot com. Slash Santa. I read that cold hadn't seen it? You tell young Tray our guy Tray more not here? You know, good luck Tray. Where you're at out there? Giga Maggie's yeah, ohay Man slash about you byst game. You got Anthony Dorset right here, you got buried him to Strugs. By the way, Maddy reflus. The defense not good. Chicago, by the way, is five and three, tied with Detroit for second place, just half game back from green Bay, playing playing well too, playing well defense.
Speaker 5: They came up here, got some momentum with Kevin rolling.
Speaker 2: The lead. The cowwarys is just hey, who was rolling? Just keep moving? One of my partners from business school, big Chicago fan. All he do. I tried to tell you, even if it was terrible, tried to tell you, I just get What can he say? What can you saying when when folk like this smoking, I got nothing. I got nothing like like you guys are finding out. You told me it was gonna be okay, but I know, I know, so not good? All right? So yeah, well yes and no this man bet me. Harry Church showed me the games. I said, man, ain't looking ten games. I'm going to Nick and Sam's on you. So so yeah, so I'm I'm they lose one more, right, yeah, because they got what they lose one more? They be what are they right now? Three five and one? Yeah? Yeah they got yeah the most they can be. They taxing one yeah, cowboys want to buy. And up next it's the Raiders, Eagles, Chiefs, Lions, Vikings, Chargers, Commanders, Giants.
Speaker 3: I can't count on none of They ain't beating the Raiders before. I was gonna be like, oh yeah, you got to you know, a couple possible. All that's possible. All that is just it, man. It's one of them hands, you getting spades and you ain't got those space.
Speaker 2: So I just gave you that whole schedule right there. So my thought process on the trade of Quinn Williams defensive tackle and Logan Wilson linebacker and helped this bad defense. It's a little too late, is way too late. It's a little too late.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: This whole thing has been fumbled, man like, from the from the Michael Parsons thing like you should have been taking care of back in March.
Speaker 9: Man like.
Speaker 3: It's just and give you get team enough time to get situated and get the defense right.
Speaker 2: Trade him off? What a week before the season. This is not with no So now you're playing ketchup. So you're right with no plans. So you you've been because in the spring, Jerry said he wanted to sign him, So in the spring you wanted to get something done until something happened and he wasn't happy about it. And they've been playing ketchup ever since. And it's not good. And so when we look at the schedule what we just laid out here, let me think about, Okay, you got the Raiders at the Raiders. I'm not saying they're gonna win it because it's on the road and not good enough. They can't win. But then after that, you know, November twenty third, on a Sunday, you have world champions who you already lost to this year. Then four days later, you turn around and face the Kansas City Chiefs played last year. Okay, so that's November twenty seventh. Then one week later you don't get a full tender. One week later you got to go to Detroit. Who's going to be looking like, hey, last Dallas ball coming up here. So then you get ten days off and you get to host the Minnesota Vice Kings on NBC. Don't know if they'll still be on NBC by then. We'll see if the Cowboys and the Vikings both still have playoff chances. They're gonna You're gonna show the game. Uh. Then after the Vikings game, it's a home game against the Chargers.
Speaker 5: Good team.
Speaker 2: Then you end the season with two road games in the NFC East Christmas. So after he plays the Chargers on a Sunday four days later on Christmas Day, you gotta go to Washington. It'll be cold, cold as a division game.
Speaker 4: No Jaden Damiels though unfortunately it's a noon game on Netflix, by the way, noon game on Netflix.
Speaker 2: And then the final game is a either January third or fourth. They'll decide what they're gonna do against the Giants at that point in time, depending on how things are will anybody want to win that game?
Speaker 3: I'd have been a part of those type of records where you get to that last game and you're just like, man, what we do.
Speaker 5: Already be packed down.
Speaker 3: Our Brookie season we was we was bad. I was aways Yea, it was bad going in to Philadelphia. Man, it was the first Like after the first quarter, I had about og at the time, Gerald sens of balls Church.
Speaker 2: You won't get some action, We'll get some reps. Like man, so let me ask this. This is just just something I've always wonted got some Vorner players. Now you gotta tell truth. You get to a game like that season shot and gone, do you even want to play? From the stand point you want to get hurt. The last thing you want to do is get hurt in the final game. It doesn't matter, you.
Speaker 4: Know, Like it's it's one of those type of things whereas we always talked about to play for pride and everything else like that, But at the same time, you're playing with your boys, you know, and so we didn't all roll through this terrible ride together. We're gonna finish this ride together, you know what I'm saying. So at the end of it, you know, there's gonna be a little morality at that game. You know, we know it ain't for nothing but for in giggles more so than anything. But we're gonna go out here, we're gonna put it down.
Speaker 3: You want to play because, like you said, you wish your dolls. But man, the two times that happened to me, like I said, that rookie season, and it sucks when you when you're going out there and the other team is good and they're going to the playoffs, and they like they treated like a preseason game.
Speaker 2: So they're like, hey, all.
Speaker 3: The you know backups you're playing against, you know, rookies and practice squaderity. Just dudes, because they're already getting ready for the playoffs. It makes you not even want to play. Then you're going to get a third or fourth string quarterback.
Speaker 2: And you're just like the trying like hard or they going finishing blocks, they trying to get seen. No brother ain't no brother, no brother in law, ain't know, like come on, let me let me usher you out of bound. And they trying to lower the shoulder. They they fresh because they ain't playing all season. Man. Now that's the worst.
Speaker 3: That's that's the worst type of situation to be there right there where you're like, you want to get cats going one hundred miles an hour. Ain't had a playoff season, so they fresh, fresh legs strength.
Speaker 2: I'm like, bro, get me out of here, man.
Speaker 5: My first league is like that. We went eight and eight every year, you know, and so like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know you ain't doing nothing. You're an average team. You got at home, and it's one of those type of things where like you got to have a little bit of pride and dignity about you.
Speaker 5: That's that's gonna help you get through the game.
Speaker 2: But Yo, it sucks.
Speaker 4: It is bad, just like you said, especially when you know the other team you're in go to the playoffs and you going home.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dudes then packed up their stuff.
Speaker 4: They got their cars on the on on the shipping carts and everything else.
Speaker 5: They ready to go home.
Speaker 3: It's ben. Then I got teammates on the other squad getting ready for the playoffs. They coming out there in just a jersey. Hey turned back. Good luck today.
Speaker 2: Man. You do your thing and I'm over there over even seeds and stuff like they used to have me hot. Man. I gotta get better. So your games, your final two games for the Cowboys Christmas Christmas Day in DC, it will be cold, and then the final game in January at the middle ends, it's gonna be cold.
Speaker 4: Again, cold again, and so so so so numerically, all right, if the Cowboys say they went out, I mean they still got a chance to actually do something.
Speaker 3: They went out, there'll be eleven eleven, five and one, right, so yeah they'll be good. They get a chance, but they gotta win out.
Speaker 2: They got it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the best they could do. They can only lose. World War Game says it.
Speaker 2: So I'm what you're doing in but I ain't happening after the season. You know, we know this is you gona this is this is twenty twenty five. Come twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Five, you're still going, bro y'all want y'all want it on be? We can go right after the last that's what that just twenty twenty six. Man, that's what I'm.
Speaker 2: Paying ged it bet for man, no stipulation. That's when I'm going. That's what y'all want me to pay. That's what I'm going to do.
Speaker 3: What you want you good? I pay my best so you won't eat. We're going right after that week. We go right after that game.
Speaker 2: You're so black baby, Well what you want that? Dirk the whiskey t ball? You want to be right there?
Speaker 5: Yeah, still gonna be good.
Speaker 2: Thought he want to get a Christmas niggas.
Speaker 5: I thought you was going for my birthday?
Speaker 2: Can I get it? Can I get it right on my birthday? My birthday coming up? In the simple Man, we're gonna eat right here. Related I got and I got you. I ain't going you know, I ain't gonna be there. I got you, I got you. It's gonna be good. It'll be good too. Trust sauce on there to be good. Don't trust me, trust me, there'd be some damage. Like Quinny Williams is gonna hang out with he can pay for it to.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 2: Dor said it was fun, very church. It was fun. Producer Chris Bean, thank you as always for getting done. Josh and everybody here Dallas Cowboys dot Com. I'm NEWI scus talk to you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.