Speaker 1: Well, this one's a bold one. Hey, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning and your new Second Date podcast. Right now, I'll just say one of our listeners met a guy while he was working and ten seconds later he was in her home and they were on a date. Impressive on her part. Yeah, I don't know. I mean, I don't know if i'd recommend this move, but you'll hear it in just a second, alexis what are you seeing On the comment section.
Speaker 2: Moonster said, you, guys, I'm recently single, and I've decided I'm going to go on back to back first dates every day and not call them back until one of them asks you to get me on for a second date update.
Speaker 3: Too.
Speaker 1: It's not worth your time, Moons. I really hope we hear you one day.
Speaker 4: I hope that you're dating our listeners. Yeah, I've never heard of our show.
Speaker 1: Tell us you're like handle though when you call in. Okay, yeah, your name's like Chad. We're not going to know. Oh yeah, all right, beware Moonster out there, daters. Yeah, it's your second Date Update and it starts right now.
Speaker 4: Second Date Updated. How does the saying go when life gives you? Lemons? You make lemonade.
Speaker 1: That's that's it.
Speaker 4: We try to find the silver lining in an otherwise crappy situation. Apparently that's what our listener Sophia did recently. She took her lemons and made it into data rade lemon lime. Kind was funny, I heard more laugh job.
Speaker 1: That's I liked it too. Could have been better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm kind of a medium on it myself, but let's just talk to Sophia about it. Sophia, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: High are you?
Speaker 1: Hopefully it doesn't turn into hater aide?
Speaker 4: Oh boy, that was actually funnier than my joke, so I'm glad that her joke got more last. So, Sophia, tell us, what was this bad situation that led you to a date?
Speaker 3: Well, technically it wasn't really a formal date, but it was more like a hangout sash and we talked.
Speaker 4: Okay, should we hang up on her?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 4: Should we cancel this?
Speaker 3: No? No, no, we.
Speaker 1: Have all sorts of just hangouts on this show.
Speaker 4: On this segment, how did it start with a bad situation? What's that about?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 3: I mean it was kind of funny. I accidentally locked myself out of my house. Oh yeah, I'd gone out with friends. I got home late, like it was after midnight at this point. Oh no, Yeah, so I had to call locksmith.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you are a really put together drunk girl, because I would have just crashed through a window.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, you needed a locksmith. And what happened?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So I finally got a hold of this guy named Hank, and I mean he sounded like he just woke up, honestly. Yeah, And so I asked him if he could come help me, you know, open the door to my house. But when he showed up, it was not what I expected. When he said his name was Hank, here's a hawk.
Speaker 4: For sure, a locksmith. Really. Yeah, So now obviously your mind is shifting from this is going to be a locksmith, So this is going to be a potential down this smith exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 4: How does that go?
Speaker 3: I mean okay, so basically he gets into my house within ten seconds?
Speaker 1: Okay, makes you feel safe about your door? You're like, all right, man, Yeah, that's so. Did you like invite him for a drink? I mean he's at work.
Speaker 4: It's like in the morning. You said it was midnight, right or something?
Speaker 1: Weird?
Speaker 3: I literally I have no idea what time it was at that point, but I did offer him. I was like, do you want to come inside? Do you want a water or soda or anything?
Speaker 1: And he took you up on it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I could tell he kind of wanted to stay like he wanted, but I don't think if he could really pick up on the subtext of what I was trying to say.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and if he can tell you've been drinking, he may be like, you know, you're a little out of it right now, like.
Speaker 1: He's working, you could get him fired. Like, yeah, is the ten seconds it took for him to get into your house your hangout?
Speaker 3: No? No, Like we ended up talking for like thirty forty minutes. I like, you know, I started with some small talk and I was like, oh goodness, I got it so hard to have a family with this kind of job. Oh that you single? Okay, but I still don't like I thought I was being kind of obvious, but I don't think he really got that at that point. But once I finally was like, here, take my Instagram, I think he kind of see your guy. You gotta spell it out for guys sometimes, Okay, Okay, so.
Speaker 1: You guys started chatting on instant.
Speaker 3: Not quite you know, we had some swat chat and I thought, honestly, the interaction was better than any date I've been on in like a year.
Speaker 4: Oh, be honest, the guy breaks into your house in thirty minutes and that interaction is a better date than you've ever had.
Speaker 1: Well, it's kind of a hero Jeff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I gotta break down more doors randomly in front of women.
Speaker 1: You got any careful though, because you were drunk right, like you were a little tipsy.
Speaker 3: Like you don't know that, Yeah, but I will tell you it is the only locksmith I have ever hugged before.
Speaker 1: Dude, have you seen him in daylight? Sober? Yeah, this is what I'm thinking too.
Speaker 2: I'm like, Hank, really.
Speaker 1: Like I remember one time I went to a fancy dinner and there was a Somalia that I thought was the most gorgeous man I'd ever laid eyes on. And then the next days I forgot my purse, I had to go back and he was there, and I would, oh, yeah, the same and like the hero esque you.
Speaker 4: Know, like, I don't understand. Are you trying to talk her out of calling this guy?
Speaker 1: I'm just worried.
Speaker 4: I don't care what I promise you, Hank is ugly. Her memory of him is way better than what he's.
Speaker 1: Actually Again, if she ever saw pictures of him or like they connected on instad like the next day, have you seen him sober?
Speaker 4: Have you confirmed his good looks?
Speaker 3: I haven't seen him in person or his Instagram because he has not followed me back.
Speaker 1: Oh not our answer? Are we calling his work cell phone then to try to get you a date?
Speaker 3: Honestly, I think he's kind of a one man shopper. So like, I've been trying to text him, and he said he's been busy, but to let him know if I lock myself out again. And so I don't know if that means he really just business or if he's kind of interested in not showing it. But he has been asking me out, but I thought we had a vibe. I would love it if y'all could find out for me. Why.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you do realize that he very politely said.
Speaker 1: No, like, but maybe maybe he doesn't get it, maybe he's not.
Speaker 4: But she did give him her Instagram handles, so he should at least have a little bit of a clue that there's more interest than just opening doors. You don't just do that, so we'll find out. We're gonna call Hank here and we will ask him, why didn't you try to date the drunk girl who's front door you busted dad.
Speaker 1: Experience? Seriously, honestly, he was in a lidden shirt. He was so hot that night.
Speaker 4: We'll find out how hot he really is and gets some answers for you when we do your second date update right after this hold on second date update. If you're just joining us for the second date, our listener, Sophia's trying to score another hangout with the sexy locksmith who broke down her front door. Is the two words I never thought of her back to back locksmith. Sorry, it's not a euphemism either. Hank the hunky locksmith helped her gain access to her house when she locked herself out late one night. They hung out for about thirty minutes, just chatting and vibing, and she said that interaction was better than any actual date that she's been on in a long time. Wow, that is.
Speaker 1: Such a bad state for dating.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she showed up and did what he said he would do and that was amazing. But she also mentioned he felt like he was lingering like wanting to hang out with her a little longer. She did say to him, kind of flirtatiously, it must be hard taking midnight calls when you have a family waiting at home. And he told her he.
Speaker 1: Was single, which is great news.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but is it possible, because I was thinking about this in the break, is it possible Hank maybe lied there and then felt guilty because he really does have a girlfriend or a wife. Even if he was.
Speaker 1: A wife, he'd still have his ring on, because no man would think, like in the middle of the day, Oh, cal, I'd better take off my wife and ring.
Speaker 4: Maybe the ring gets in the way of you picking locks that that's.
Speaker 1: Why I can't get in anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's cumbersome because you're married.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got a ring on.
Speaker 4: But do you think that's a possibility, Sofia, that he lied about being single and now just feels guilty about it.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It would be kind of weird to do that.
Speaker 4: But if he's as hot as you say he is, then how would he possibly still be single?
Speaker 3: That's what I was why I.
Speaker 4: Asked myself that question all the time in the mirror, like how I don't know? Hopefully Hank asked some answers if he picked up the phone.
Speaker 1: But you know, it'll finally be clear to him that you want to go on a date. Yeah, maybe the whole point of this.
Speaker 4: That would be hilarious. He's like, wait, you like me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: That was so many Sometimes it takes a guy like five six seven clues to finally get it. So we'll see what Hank has to say. I'm gonna dial his number right now here we go.
Speaker 5: Hello, Hey, is this Hank?
Speaker 1: Yes? This is voice, oh business voice.
Speaker 4: Yeah. He kind of sounds hot though, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, Hank is one of those unsuspecting hot names.
Speaker 5: What's going on?
Speaker 4: Hey, sorry, we're just we're sidebarring about about something. But you, uh, you're on the radio right now. Actually that's why there's a whole bunch of people here. This is a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Okay, hey, good morning man.
Speaker 4: Were you up late last night? He's a little tired.
Speaker 5: I'm no more than usual.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, Well we don't want to waste any more of your time. We'll just tell you this is a segment that we do. It's called a second date update.
Speaker 1: And that would probably be confusing for you because you didn't technically go on any dates.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah. Basically, we're trying to help out one of our listeners to get back in touch with you. A woman whose door you opened recently. It's a woman named Sophia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were the hero she was looking for that night.
Speaker 4: Yay, okay, so what, Well, we don't know what type of vibe you got when you were hanging out with Sophia, but from what we heard hanging out, she was feeling something going on between the two of you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I picked that up.
Speaker 1: Oh you did?
Speaker 4: You did? Okay?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, what do you think is Sofia?
Speaker 5: I mean, she is cute, She would usually be my type. It's just I don't really try not to take people who are already in a relationship.
Speaker 1: Excuse wait, wait wait what he's.
Speaker 4: In a relationship. I think you're confused.
Speaker 5: What gave you that?
Speaker 1: Breaks like the try not to yea.
Speaker 4: Sometimes can't help yourself. But you got the impression she was in a relationship.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah. When she invited me inside that night, I was there about I don't know, maybe half an hour, and she was giving me a drink. I noticed the place kind of doesn't look like a woman's place. And I was looking through her mail just because you know, he was sitting there on the counter, and there were a lot of guide names on the address label.
Speaker 1: Oh so she does have one relationship, she has multiple?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: When I when I said guys, I meant, you know, apostrophe as it's one guy.
Speaker 1: Did you ask her like, hey, does your boyfriend live here?
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm the locksmith. It's not really my business to ask stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I be like, hey, who's this? What you could easily say, oh so you know, let alone or you couldn't have called a roommate to help you unlock the door.
Speaker 4: Trust me, as a guy, you never ask a woman. So do you live by yourself?
Speaker 1: Point?
Speaker 4: Is anybody gonna be us here shortly? Or are we saved? But that is scary now he's in the house or we alone? Yeah, exactly, you don't ask that.
Speaker 5: I was on the clock. I was just doing the job and then I left.
Speaker 1: Okay, it would be so stupid of her to call a radio station to publicly ask about a date if she had a boyfriend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, she wants to break up her own boyfriend. Let's clear this up once and for all. Because here's the good news, Hank. We have Sophia already on the other line listening to this phone call, so she is all caught up on it. She just wants to talk to you.
Speaker 5: What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: That's how this segment works. We have them quietly listening on the other line, ready to jump in and pounds. Oh okay, slide however, you would join a conversation naturally, that's the way she wants to join.
Speaker 2: Jo Pounce, Sophia pounds, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I get him.
Speaker 3: Okay, Sophia, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Do you want to clear things up for us and for Hank and for everybody?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is going to be such an easy explanation. Who's the guy on the mail?
Speaker 3: I would just say it's it's complicated. I guess complicated.
Speaker 4: What do you mean you have a boyfriend?
Speaker 3: Technically? Not okay, So.
Speaker 1: Anyone answers it technically, well.
Speaker 4: Hold on, I'm down for technicalities. I'm I'm willing to hear you out.
Speaker 3: All right. So it was my boyfriend's place at a time at one time, but you were kind of on a break at that time. We had already gone through a rough patch. I did officially, I broke up with him last night, so I could make this call.
Speaker 4: Oh man, okay, so was so he was out that night that obviously, yeah, get in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was spending the night out.
Speaker 1: Okay. So that's I mean, that's a good indication that maybe they were emotionally done.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you can't help that. You can't help when you meet somebody if you did the right thing and you broke up before.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Now on the other side of things, Hank, the bad news is maybe the boyfriend changed the locks again and she doesn't have any word to say stay with you. He calls Hank to change the locks. So I don't know, Hank, does that change your perspective on this at all?
Speaker 5: This whole thing's weird. Every thing is about this is weird.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 3: Look, I'm sorry it happened this way. I'm not with him anymore.
Speaker 2: Like so, when you said Hank was better than any date you've been on you met your boyfriend.
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, like, you never know when you're gonna meet a los with that has the body of a headsport.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, you need to change that to your business tagline.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Also, the feeling A is going to be calling locksmiths too. Not to objectify you, Hank, but we heard that you're pretty good.
Speaker 1: Look, yeah, here's the thing, Like, Hank, she could have just lied right now. At least she's being honest.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that really buys anything. It would have been nice if Sophia, you're we're honest and you told us that you had a boyfriend at the time that this happened.
Speaker 3: I don't anymore.
Speaker 1: And you guys don't live together. You don't live together, not anymore.
Speaker 3: We're separating it completely.
Speaker 4: It sounds like it's ongoing.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean this is in a week. I mean, how fast can you get a new place?
Speaker 4: As fast as he can throw all the stuff outside of his apartment or whatever. You could just be saying this now we're on the phone, like really, it just comes down to Hank here and where your head is that? Because we would like to offer to send you on another I guess, your first official date with Sophia, and we would pay for it. I mean, if you think about it. She says she was in a tough position. She was already breaking up with the guy. Plus, what kind of boyfriend doesn't leave a spare key somewhere nearby.
Speaker 5: So I guess what I'd be willing to do is talk a little bit. And I guess wait, because right now it just feels too weird.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, the door's open.
Speaker 4: Maybe you could start by accepting her Instagram friend request Tank. That would go a long way. Yeah, you're like private or something.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, then she'd be seeing pictures of my wife and that's.
Speaker 4: Not Wait, I'm joking.
Speaker 5: I'm joking, joking, hot and funny.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute. Okay, it's a no to an official date, but a yes to let's talk and see where things are in a month or a year or five years or so.
Speaker 1: Dude, keep us updated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I can compromise with this.
Speaker 4: Okay, we may not have gotten a date, but at least we satisfied some of Brooks fantasies for later on.
Speaker 1: Tonight, it'll be locking up the whole house. Michael, lookout, it's brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: I don't know how all of you feel after we did that call, but it felt like maybe were we giving this girl a little bit of a pass because she sounded sweet and nice.
Speaker 1: I just I was giving her a pass because she'd be too stupid if she was actually all in a relationship trying to get a date.
Speaker 4: Just other times, I feel like we would have hammered on the person if they had told us they were actively in a relationship when they met somebody else, and she didn't say that, She didn't even say, like, I was in my boyfriend's house and we did kind of like pass on it because the guy was good looking, We.
Speaker 1: Passed on it because they broke up because it was her house.
Speaker 4: You're leveling up to Hemsworth level, then, you know what, God bless you. It will be interesting to see if we can stay in touch with her and find out what happened down the line between her and the Hunky locksmiths. So I hope she stays in touch with us, and I hope that if you need help with your dating life, you reach out to our show too. Email us. We can call that person who's not calling you back.