Speaker 1: I Do. Part two is a one of a kind of experiment in podcasting and love. Now, if you didn't get loved right the first time, which, let's be honest, we all know most of us probably don't, Our hosts and our celebrity mentors are here to help you get it right the next time. I'm one of the celebrity mentors today and I'm hosting the show. I'm Bob Guinea. You might know me from The Bachelrette from trist the season way way back, and The Bachelor from my own season way way back, and also now the podcast Almost Famous the Ogs, which Tristan I host together. And I know that love is not all roses and helicopters and volcanoes and all sorts of crazy things that happen on the Bachelor franchise, and sometimes you find your forever person the second time around. Right, So today I am joined by two other members of Bachelor Nation. You know my great buddy I love him to death when he was a star of season thirteen. And we've also got a fan favorite from the season of The Golden Bachelorette. Please welcome Jason Mesnik and Gary Levingston to the podcast. Hey guys, and Ba's here. I know, I'm telling you, buddy. Well, you know, I do feel like we are going og status here too, because Jason, I think you and I might be the oldest Bachelor's right from the actual Bachelor franchise. Well yeah, see, the first thing that goes is to hearing I'm telling you. And then Gary, you know, even though you look incredibly young, you just came off of the Golden Bacherette with Joan. So great to have you, guys man, thank you for being here. Yeah, it's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: So Gary, real quick, tell me you know how you're feeling, you know, coming off of the show. I mean, obviously the show has been a big hit. How have you felt coming off of the show and how has everyone been responded to you since you've been back home.
Speaker 2: Well, it's been pretty exciting, you know. I have to tell you, this whole celebrity status thing is far from my retirement world that I was a part of, which is a very quiet, peaceful thing. And now you go to market, I go to my local Indian Wells coffee shop and everyone wants to take pictures. So it's it's pretty it's pretty amazing. Keeping it fun, but also keeping the in perspective, So it's been a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think. I think that's probably one of the things you know from a personal perspective, and I'm sure Jason will agree. You know, one of the greatest parts about the show is is you know, especially when you've been fortunate enough to be edited well, which I know I was. You know, it's nice the way people respond to you when you're out there and you hear all the nice things and all the great response. I mean, Jason, I remember you and I being out together in Seattle a couple of times, and it was pretty fun. It was really good. I mean, I'm sure you still get it every day. I mean, you got your real estate firm that you're running and everything else, and with you and Molly, i mean, it's got to just be so much fun. It's a blast.
Speaker 3: I mean obviously, like you know, when you're on their show, kind of spikes and everybody's like, hey, selfie this, selfie that, And as the years go by, they're like, did I used to work with you?
Speaker 1: Like you look like to be out of high school together?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you look at the Bachelor just a little fatter, you know, It's like I'm like, I'm big boom.
Speaker 1: You know. That's my life.
Speaker 2: That's my life.
Speaker 1: Hey man, I've often said it, man, you know, like I'm like, I think people remember me for trist this season because I was the only one that you know, didn't have a six pack, right I did. I didn't pack my six pack for that trip. All right, Yeah, yeah, I'm telling you, buddy. Now, Amy Roback and TJ Holmes are a big part of this show. Obviously. TJ made a really great, great quote on one of the previous episodes that I think really resonates, like, let's take a listen.
Speaker 4: Why can't people just meet people? We see people all the time, but we don't give people that we see on the train or at a restaurant or down we're looking at our phone when the love of your life might be at the end of the book.
Speaker 1: So true, right, I mean, we all get so caught up in that, especially in today's day and age with smartphones and everything else. I mean, we've all chosen to find love the old fashioned way, like going on a TV show and handing out flowers, right, but then this new fangled smart app stuff comes out, you know. So I mean let's talk about that a little bit. I mean, how how was life different for all of us obviously prior to our times on the show as well, but back in the day before you had apps. I mean, people will always say to me, like, well, did you ever use an app? I'm like, no, I really I never had, because after I came off of the show, I wasn't. I was. I immediately jumped into a different relationship. Next thing, you know, I was dating, and then we got married and divorced, and you know, and then Jason, I mean, you went on the show, you come off the show, and you obviously had such an emotional ending to year season which changed your whole life, and it was pretty you know, spectacular, And to this day, Ranks is one of the favorite moments on the show. And you know, what are some of the ways that we used to meet people before the apps? Like do you guys even remember way back then?
Speaker 3: You know, It's funny, like I was thinking about this and the last person that I met, and this is no joke, is in a parking garage.
Speaker 1: I just remember that. Like I think back in my younger.
Speaker 3: Days, like I would have been so intimidated and this has nothing to do with the Bachelor.
Speaker 1: I was nervous.
Speaker 3: We're all nervous about rejection, and maybe that's why people are quiet, you know, if they're sitting on a train or a bus or whatever.
Speaker 1: But I remember, like at one point I was like, screw this.
Speaker 3: And I saw a cute girl in a parking garage and I was like, hey, I know this is awkward, and I'm it could come off a little bit creepy, but like, would you like I could grab a cup of coffee?
Speaker 1: And I think that was the last time before.
Speaker 3: You know, I think you almost have to put yourself in a position where you're like it's almost like like I'm in sales.
Speaker 1: Right, Like you gotta read a lot a lot of feelers out there. Not yeah, yeah, like you know they always say what ten knows forevery yes type of thing, and yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: A life of that's a life of your world in sales.
Speaker 1: Absolutely right, totally the doors.
Speaker 2: And we're gonna knock on before the one finally opens and let me in.
Speaker 1: Well, Gary, what about you? I mean, you know, obviously you know the whole concept of the Golden Bachelor ad and the Golden Bachelor is people who have come on who you know, are looking for that second chance at love and yeah, you know before you before you did it now which is probably now considered one of the old fashion ways, which is handing out on TV or taking a flower. You know, how did you how did you meet people? How did you find how did you kind of search for that special someone?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, back in my day, it was discoer, right, so everybody was out at the club dancing, and before the night was over, obviously you were leaving with someone that could have potentially been your girlfriend and ultimately, uh, someone that you date for a while. So yeah, it was completely different going out dancing the night away and meeting someone and you know, in that way as opposed to online like batch dot com or these other dating sites. So yeah, completely different world.
Speaker 1: Well I will I will say this. I mean, you know, I hear, you know, I hear some stories of success from the the online stuff and all that from friends and everything. But I also hear a lot of stories of of of that not working because people are just swiping, and you know, it's almost become like a hookup app and less of an actual dating app to a certain degree. You know, my wife, it's actually kind of crazy Bachelor. I had kind of decided, you know what, I'm not going to get married again. I'm good. So I got married before the Bachelor. I'm like, I'm not going to get married again. I'm actually really enjoying, you know, being you know, in the situation I'm in, which was just being the single, being honest and dating, but at the same time not having that pressure. But as I got older, I realized, man, I really wanted to have a family, and I feel like this has become the old fashioned way, which was my co host at the time. I had a radio show, a daily radio show, and my co host's really good friend. I met her and ended up marrying her. So I got to know her through friends socially hanging out. You know. Then you'd be in certain situations and you know, you'd all be together and it was kind of natural and fun and organic. You know, Gary, I know you've you've got children in it were you were you married previously or what's your story?
Speaker 2: Yeah, married for seventeen years, and you're right. You go through this thing of I want to have a wife, I want to raise the kids and the two dogs in the suburbs, you know, going to and from work, and you build this great life around that, and then you find that you've actually taken separate roads with where you are once the kids leave the house. Yeah, and then ultimately going back to I'm lonely. I would love to have companionship. I do want to be married because I believe in the institution of marriage, and that's where I'm at now. You know, I'm searching again for a companionship, a partner, and someone that I can walk on those global sandy beaches with, not by myself, but with someone that I actually am in love with and who loves me as well.
Speaker 1: So absolutely, Hey, Jason, you know, I don't think I already asked you, and I hope you don't mind me asking, But you know before obviously, I think the world knows you know, how you met Molly, and we'll definitely touch on that. But you were married prior to the show, as was I. How how did you meet your ex wife? You know, like I think about that all the time. My ex you know, I met her working at like Benegan's as a bartender in college. Like, how did you meet your ex? And how did you guys end up getting Yeah, I mean you're exactly right.
Speaker 3: I think, like I guess, if I think about it, if I was single right now, I would absolutely do everything right.
Speaker 1: It'd be in person, online, whatever.
Speaker 3: But again, like this is before texting, right, Like you know, when the phones were just to call people. So my best friend from growing up, he was a bartender at a restaurant and my ex wife worked at the restaurant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you go there.
Speaker 3: You know, you'd go there and I'd hang out because I was single, I'd go hang out at the bar, you know, even with friends or even by myself. And while you're there, you just meet people organically. And I think it kind of goes back to just being open. And I know it's scary, like putting yourself in positions where you normally wouldn't want to be.
Speaker 1: But like if you if you put yourself in.
Speaker 3: Those positions where you're a little uncomfortable, what's that what's that saying?
Speaker 1: Get comfortable being uncomfortable?
Speaker 2: Yes, what you're doing.
Speaker 3: I think if you do that kind of stuff, like you just open yourself up to meeting so many different people.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's so true. You got to put it out there. You got to be willing to get hurt. Yeah, and then you know, kind of like me when I when I met Canyon, I wasn't looking anymore. I was like, I'm good, you know, I'm totally fine. And then we ended up getting together, and you know, ten years later, we've got a couple of kids, and it's like, you know, this whole different world. But yeah, and Jason tell us, you know, remind our listeners about your Molly's story. I mean, I know it's something you've talked about ad nauseum, but I love it. Oh gosh.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, so I did the Bachelorette first, the Bachelorette Bachelor at four. Her name was Deana Pappas, and she was awesome. She picked another guy on the show, and then they asked me to be the bachelor, and so fast forward to it, and I honestly think they were looking for this like single dad story, and so they picked me. And my son at the time was three and now he's in freaking college.
Speaker 1: I mean, isn't that amazing. Yeah, we're going to parents' weekend at his fraternity this weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, college man, that's full grown man.
Speaker 3: Though, God, you know, the show for me, it was it was super fun to learn how to they made a reality.
Speaker 1: Show and go through that whole process.
Speaker 3: But like at the end of it, I picked somebody else and her name was Melissa, and she was awesome and we dated for about a month and a half.
Speaker 1: After the show and through that whole process.
Speaker 3: Her and I kind of realized that we weren't gonna make it long term. So I called up and asked the producers. This is before the show even aired, like, so we'd already filmed everything, and I called up and told the producers, I'm like, it just didn't work out between Melissa and I kind of have a chance with Molly, and they basically said, you can have the shot. But just realized we've already asked her to be the Bachelorette next year. If you're gonna ask her, you got to ask her on TV because we need some serious reactions.
Speaker 1: So it all worked out, right, It all worked out.
Speaker 3: I'm still wondering why she chose me over the Bachelorette, but that's a whole other episode probably.
Speaker 2: But a good looking guy you're seeing like a great guy, that's why she chose me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean I guess, I guess, you know, I kind of go back to Malli. Mally's got those good you know, good Midwestern roots, Midwestern roots, buddy. Yeah, and she was not willing to go back and do that, and she's willing to take a shot at you know this, this Seattle guy.
Speaker 1: Whereabouts are you located?
Speaker 2: Gary, I'm in southern California, the Sunshine state of the of the Union here absolutely, Curtly in Palm Desert from Los Angeles, so the big city, and then finally retired out here in Palm Desert. So it's been it's been great over the past nine ten years that I've been here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I used to. I lived in Studio City for ten years and loved it and then you know, I mean, but that's one thing that you have as an advantage, right, Like Jason has been in Seattle forever. I live in Seattle for a little while too, and now I'm back in Michigan. We don't we you know, we've got a concentrated set of months where we can be out, you know, as single people, you know, work in the circuit, so to speak. You got twelve months, you got twelve months a year. You could be working that angle, can't you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not only twelve months. But you know, for me, athletics and sports is a big thing. So we have our LAED. I'm a Trojan alum, so I got the Trojans football games, we have the Laker games. Those sporting events are also some great places to go in and find folks as well, so you know, yeah, and it's your round, it really is.
Speaker 3: What about what about you're in Palm Springs, what about like the golfing world, Like I feel like that's such such a thing, the thing that people.
Speaker 1: Do down there.
Speaker 2: It is, and golfing is one of the top things. We've got some of the best courses in the world. But you know, once you get out on the course, you don't see anybody for hours, so it's not like it's a real social environment as opposed to the foursome that you're playing in. And then we also have the Big B and P Tennis Tournament, the BNP, which is another event, so you know, those are fun things. But yeah, golfing is once you're out there, you're you're out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no doubt. Yeah, You've got four four hours. And I feel so much guilt because I'm you know, I'm fifty three. I got a five year old and a three year old, and I love to play golf, and you know, any time I get a chance to do it, everyone's like, well, let's go out on Sunday. I'm like, no, no, we're not doing that. That's family day. But you know, how about how about Thursday afternoon? No picking up junior from school? You know? So yeah, yeah, yeah, sports man. But you know, we actually have a caller who's going to ask us a question, and this is really going to put our knowledge to the test. Guys, We're gonna see if we can't help out our listener. Audrey, Good morning, gentlemen. Hi Audrey, thanks so much for colling.
Speaker 5: Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: So Audrey, you've got a panel of Bachelor Nation experts here. We've got you know, twenty two years ago for the show for me, how many years ago for Jason fifteen yep, fifteen ago, and of course fresh and hot off the griddle. We got Gary from Jones season of the Golden Bachelorette. So you got you got, and you've got different generational takes too, right, So you got Gary. I don't hope you don't mind me saying this that Gary's in his sixties I'm in my fifties. On me too, buddy, ad Jason's in his forties. So we got the gamut covered. And I know never to ask a lady her age, so I will just say that we know that you are, you know, in your twenties, and you're looking for ways to and to ask us a question, So go ahead and give it to us. So I am sixty four.
Speaker 5: I was married for twenty five years.
Speaker 1: It looked great, by the way, absolutely.
Speaker 5: Oh, thank you. I was married for twenty five years and then had two I have two adult children, so now I'm a grandmother Gigi of three, and I set myself up for being able to retire early and watch my grandchildren well in the meantime from my divorce. I've been divorced for twenty one years and I've been engaged three times. Yeah, so I just say I've dodged a bullet three times. But now I'm at the part in my life where it's like I could be so happy just being by myself and I'm self supporting, I'm debt free. I'm loving my retirement home here in Jacksonville, Oregon, which is a little historic town, and that's where it comes to the big question where do you meet men when you know you're in your sixties like Gary, and you know, we dated differently, and who we were looking for back in our early years isn't who we're looking for the second half of our life, and it's you know, I've done the dating app thing when I was newly divorced, but that was a long time ago, and I'm not really someone that goes to bars. So that is the big question, where do you meet men?
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I could jump in, because we're from that same era where you know, back when we were coming through the pipeline, so to speak, it was all about going to the nightclub or going to the disco or going to something like that where we were dancing and the entertainment was happening. And now, like you said that, you've got grandkids and you're so used to that little world that you are part of it. I don't mean little as in small or tiny. It's just we create the bubble that we are now part of. The ironic thing is, from my perspective, you're still out there having fun doing something. You go in Jacksonville to your kids, in your grand their events like at the soccer games or yes. Are there any professional sports or are there any sports like high school games or anything like that.
Speaker 5: Yes, So basically I'm in southern Oregon, you know, just incorporate that thirty miles from California. So I mean it is the bigger you know, the valley, and they do have there's a lot to do here because you know where it's located.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think the thing is is, though, is when you go to certain things, men don't seem to be as easily to approach women.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it's like they are afraid of the failure or they're going to get rejection or what I mean. I don't wear a wedding ring. You know, I'm pretty open and and can carry conversation with anybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll tell you what. Audrey, thank you so much for calling, and thank you for your question, and thank you for being so open and vulnerable and putting yourself out there. You know, I think we're going to dig into this a little bit and we're going to get you some answers. So thank you again for joining us, thank you for your question. So have a wonderful day. Now, guys, we got to dive into this. Now we got to give the listeners what they want. Audrey is obviously asking us a very direct question, which I love, and it's actually the number one question that our listeners want to know the answers to. Okay, So I think that's pretty spectacular and great follow up question too, Gary, I think you know some of the things that we know about Audrey in particular, right, she's sixty four years old, obviously looks very youthful, you know, still active and everything else. You know, two adult children, a grandmother, a gig of three, which is adorable, by the way, And I think I think I need to tell my mom she needs to start calling yourself Gidi instead of grandma. But you know, it's like everything she said kind of resonated with me a little bit because it literally is what Joan I mean. And Gary, you're closer to this than anybody. But Joan had basically said, you know, I didn't think I was all of a sudden going to feel invisible, and I do. And you know, I didn't hear Audrey say that necessarily, but it is kind of one of those things where, you know, so what is she supposed to do shut off that part of her life now? And just be a grandma, be a dedicated babysitter to people. You know, it's like, you know, my mom's going through it right now. My mom's seventy eight, she's older, but you know, there's not as much of a drive to be my mom's not ready to be a grandma sitting around knitting all the time, you know, and just being at my back and call for babysitting services. But she's also you know, my father passed away a few years ago, and all of a sudden, she's sort of in this place where she's like, she's not out there looking for the next level of her life necessarily, She's just out there looking for someone to hang out with. And I think one of the things that Audie said companionship You said it, Gary, Yeah, Audrey basically said it. She's like, you know, she's been engaged three times, but dodge a bullet three times. And you know, it's sometimes I think you go down that path because that's what you're supposed to do, not maybe what you want to do. And I mean, what do you guys think about that? What do you think? What do you think Gary? What do you think? Jason?
Speaker 2: Companionship at our age is extremely important because we don't want to go to the movies alone. Something as simple as going to the movies, something as simple as going out to dinner or going to watch a film on a Netflix film at home eating popcorn. You know, companionship is so very important because I think it adds a whole nother flavor to the relationship of I don't have to be alone, even though you might be in that in between stage of losing someone, but also still in need of the companionship the relationship in that way, not necessarily having to be married, even though it'd be nice because then you could start planning trips, to go on trips together and that fun stuff. So sure, the companionship thing is really super important. Going to someone's birthday party and having you know, folks over for a glass of wine or whatever. It's it's critical and you don't want to show up alone, you know, especially when everybody else is coupled up. It's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm curious about I think aback, like whether bachelor or not. Like it's like when you're younger, whether you're at the disco or you're at like i'd go to the bars, you're looking for who you attracted to right, Yes, I think about like people would ask me all the time, like did you know who you're going to pick right away on the bats or you're like, well, you know who you're attracted to, and that's obvious you kind of Even in my early thirties.
Speaker 1: That's what I was thinking. But I think as you get even me.
Speaker 3: Like in my late forties, fifties or sixties, I think get don't let me. I'm just curious, it changes where more important. Like the attraction is important, but I feel like what's even more important is like having common interests. Yeah, right, so whether movies or some hobby or cooking or golf or tennis or it is. I wonder if it's possible to break down those barriers and just find groups of people and take out. And I'm not saying I'm not saying completely eliminate the attraction piece, because I know how important it is, but way heavier in saying like I think if we all went back and said how would I date? Differently, it's like how important are those common interests? Where so you're not just like sitting on the opposite ends of the couch not talking, or sitting on your phone they're engaging talking about something that's important, like how do you like get putting yourself in a position where you're really going to find somebody that has those interests. So if it is dancing, like I do remember, like actually, one of the last things I did before I wanted to learn how to dance, and before I went on the Bachelor, I took some sauce lessons, right, and I'm a terrible fricking dancer, right, But I did put myself in a position. I didn't meet any girls that I would date, but I had an awesome deciment to look forward to going to it every week.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I was going to say that too. You know, one of the things I say to my mom all the time, and I think it even though Audrey's much younger, I would think that I would want to say this to Audrey too if I had a chance to talk with her about you know, some of this stuff in a little more detail. And Gary, I love your input here too. But you know, it's like, you got to put yourself in the position to meet these people, and you know the only way you're going to do that is by getting out of the house and by you know, and it can't just be at you know, at children's sporting events and things of that nature. Like you've really got to put yourself into the mix where it's like okay, you know, and it does. And you don't have to hang out with just single girlfriends, right, You can go out with your girlfriends that are married or or or whatever, and you can basically say, you know, hey, let's go out tonight. Let's go to the restaurant, or let's go to the bar, or let's go to this, let's go that. And you know, it doesn't mean you're a drinker, but you can still go to a restaurant and have dinner with your friends and then hang on the lounge area and relax or you know, I mean, man, in Oregon, you know, there's so many great places where people go in the summertime, Like summer in Oregon is so beautiful. The Pacific Northwest is amazing. You know, go to Seattle for the weekend. You could do a whole bunch of things. I mean, Jason, Jason, you could probably give her a list of things that do in Oregon that would just blow her mind. And so, you know, to that end, you know, ladies, grab your pens. Because we're going to get into this, I think I'd love to see if we could give a list of some places and not just huge generalities, although that's okay as well, but you know, really kind of dig into a little bit and think of some places to go that you might meet people that are around your age they don't have to be the same age, but around your age range, and maybe with some similar interests, you know, like for example, I mean she was talking about she's in Jacksonville, Orion. She's a southern Oregon right out you know, right near California, right, so we know that there's there's great weather, beautiful coastlines. I mean, you know, there's so much to do out where you guys are at, and you know, what are some things specifically that we that we could tell her, you know, I I think of like there's some great hotels in Portland that have really cool lounges and they're not necessarily places that people go to get hammered and you know, get carried out of there. The other places that people go for the architecture and they sit around in there taking in the vibes of the places, and you know, anything like Jason specific Northwest specifically, you know, what are a few things you've done.
Speaker 3: This occurred to me yesterday, and this place overlaps so many different things, right, so we we were at the Fairmount Hotel last night and this what I mean, it goes so many So when we filmed The Bachelor back in the day, all the girls stayed at the Fairmont Hotel, right, and yesterday Mollie was like, I.
Speaker 1: Would totally come out like it's kind of this old school vibe.
Speaker 3: And even though she would go sit here and hang out, every major town has a Fairmount which has got this old classic feeling. Even if you're not drinking, you can sit there and enjoy the atmosphere. But on top of that, so that's like one place I think that you can go on any any given city. But there's also a really cool like if she ever came to Seattle, there's a cool little restaurant right on the lake called Como. Here in Kirkland, I don't know, yeah, yeah, so Koma, Like in the summertime, it's like right on the water. Boats are there, like you're sitting out on the deck. And again, like when I've been there, it's always been with a group of people, right, and people have ranged in ages from.
Speaker 1: Like thirty to sixty, right, and you just have a good time.
Speaker 3: And again, like I understand like there's a lot of people that don't drink, but I think putting yourself in an atmosphere and not being a free even if you don't drink.
Speaker 1: I have a lot of friends who don't drink. You can really meet people in a cool place. Yeah. And then also, you know, Kirkland in particular is such an awesome area in the Greater Seattle area, and I love that you I mean, you know, I was in Samamish on the east Side, and I would always end up in Kirkland to see everybody because it was such a fun vibe. You can find those places anywhere you live that have kind of a fun atmosphere and energy and people are out and about and it's like, you know, maybe it's ped malls or whatever it is, so everyone's walking around and interacting and engaging. I mean, you know, we have them here in Michigan, and you know, it's my favorite place to go because it kind of brings that energy of the people out and and you know, you can be a social butterfly in those situations. You can say hi to everybody you can, you know, and like she like I think one of the things Audrey said that kind of resonated with me was she's like, I don't wear a wedding ring. I talk to everyone, you know, and it's and she's open and fun, and it'd be like, you know, just find find your tribe, you know, find some people that you can go out with and you feel really comfortable with. Have a great time with those people. And because if you're out looking nine times out of ten, it's not going to happen. I firmly believe that have some of the people you're with, and people will approach you, like, Jason, did you know that that not that it was like you're a you're in a parking structure, but you're like, I need to meet that person, you know what. It's like, I know how that.
Speaker 6: Parking parking rogers for everybody, but listen, guys, Okay, so here in California right and where she is at and in particular, outdoor concerts a fun.
Speaker 2: Place to go and entertainment is happening. The other big thing now is also pickleball, where there's lots of people gathered. It's not as much strenuous activity is going on. But pickleball is another arena or set of places that people go to for entertainment.
Speaker 1: I love country. Pickleball is awesome. Yeah, you mentioned sporting events to Gary, like Portland Timbers right there in Portland. I'm not sure how far Jacksonville is from Portland. But you know, I'm not saying she has to relocate necessarily. But you know, there's always there's minor league baseball teams, There's always stuff going on in different areas. Now, okay, we've also got some let's talk about some some specific places. Okay, so we've got some spots here, and I can tell you that a few of these places and I will I will let you know when that I have actually met people at you know, prior of course to being married. You know, one play and you guys can let me know what you think if you've been to these or if you know of these, you know, destination travel spots that maybe she would go with a couple of girlfriends and just sort of again having a great time with her group. And it resonates right for example, the Pebble Beach pro am. We were talking about golf right now, you're on the golf course for four hours. But when you're walking the golf course watching the pros, it's a totally different vibe. Right, you got cocktails, you got places you can stop and get two totally to right. What do you guys think of that?
Speaker 2: I think that's a great idea and what a wonderful thing. You know, and people are more approachable and they're friendlier, and they're in this outdoor environment where it brings on conversation piece or or who are you following? Or you can engage a lot easier. What a great thought and great suggestion.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 3: And that's actually interesting because like you know, you're you're in a place also where if you do like you might be there because you do like golf. Right, if you like golf, you're meeting somebody who also has some common interest and you know that that's something you might have to do with that price.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, ladies, write this down. That's January twenty seventh through February second. Right, who knows Gary might even be there walking around. I'm going Gary, I'm going with Gary too. I think guys even fun all right, So if it's still you know it's this year you want to get out before the holidays, right, one thing I always love you go right down town. It was one of my favorite things to do in the holidays. And when I used to work for the Today Show all the time, I used to love doing it. But they'd always bring me out and I'd be right downtown, right in Times Square or right down by Rockefeller Plaza, you know. And it's right there at Christmas time where Christmas is vibing in Manhattan. You know. That's amazing. That usually starts right after Thanksgiving and goes all the way through the first week of January. Art Basil in Miami, right, that's what's that. That's December sixth through the eighth. I mean, that's something that I mean, you talk about people everyone I know who's gone to that and I have not. When I know who's gone to it. My wife's gone to it. She says, it's amazing. The vibe is amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you're right in Miami, you know, as a curveball, like you go to the Kentucky Derby every year, don't you. I do? I do? And is that like?
Speaker 3: I mean, I know it's it's packed and it's maybe it's a bucket list for some people, but how like, how fun would that be to meet somebody at an event like that?
Speaker 1: I will I will tell you I have and they you know it's true, Like, yeah, the Derby first Saturday in May every year. I've gone now for twenty years. And uh, when my ex wife and I split up, it was post bachelor, right and it was before I had met Canye and my wife Jessica, and I was there. I went two years by myself and I met someone one year when I was down there who you know, had just graduated from from you know, UK, and and we hung out, had a great time, met all of our friends and family. They met all my friends and family, and we ended up I ended up working down in Louisville a few times after that, and it was awesome, you know, And it was a really again, super organic. I was with my friends, not looking for anything. Somebody thinks it's fun that we're having such a great time. You guys are having a great time over there, like yeah, come on and join us. You know that kind of organic vibe And we all know exactly what I'm talking about because we've all had that happen.
Speaker 2: Right, totally totally, Yeah, you guys are doing that, and I'm usually following the college scene, the college football scene.
Speaker 1: Right, So you got.
Speaker 2: Another place where you're tailgating and you're inviting folks. In the beauty of this that you're suggesting is that it can become an annual thing. Oh, this is where we met, and you continue going to that location. And how special would that be to say, yeah, this is where we met. We go every year, and what a great place to go and meet some folks. But yeah, great, great, great suggestions.
Speaker 1: I love that tailgating thing.
Speaker 3: I remember we were at this is even though like I was looking to meet people, but we were in Green Bay for a Seahawks game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the amount of people.
Speaker 3: That were just like everybody at every tailgate was just like come on in, have a broad or beer or like if you find it like an maybe it's the Midwest, right, Like going to in the Midwest where people are that welcoming, you.
Speaker 1: Don't meet a stranger, you know, So listen to this, guys. So last year Detroit Lions made it to the NFC Championship game. Lines them in my team forever, you know, and we had some lean years here and I go to San Francisco for the game with one of my buddies who's a big forty nine Ers fan, and I had always heard that, you know, San Francisco fans are tough, you know, like they don't they're like outsiders the whole bet. And I'm all decked in my Lions gear, you know, and he's in his forty nine Ers gear, and we were having such a great time. Everywhere we went, the forty nine Ers fans like, hey, come on, man, and they were amazing because of the good time my buddy and I were having and they were in literally that energy. So it doesn't even have to be you know, it could be like just people wanting to meet more fun people or whatever it might be. But it was like, you know, hey, man, if it wasn't us gonna you know, it wasn't the forty nine Ers, we'd want to be the Lions, you know. And it was like this kind of really cool copesthetic vibe. And I know, you know, Jason's from Seattle, and Seattle and San Francisco datorious. They don't get along, but you know, for the record, that's the football team only because I mean Jason is wild with everybody. Well, trust me, Like this this year.
Speaker 3: You know, Mollie's from Michigan too, Like, yes, I've never seen her love football more than this year.
Speaker 1: I love it. We'll tell her we're all going to the super Bowl together, buddy together. But yeah, those are some great spots.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't underestimate the college scene as well. And I'm more of a college sports fan. I love the Pros, don't get me wrong. We have so many activities associated with the Pros. But at the collegiate level there's also a very long and illustrious history of alumni as well as a current student base and forensic come in. It is a fabulous experience to to do the college thing as well. I'm not sure if she has a university in her area up there, but what another great venue for her to go and say, hey, yeah, you know this is where. This is a great place to meet folks.
Speaker 3: Tell me, I love the alumni thing because you have something that you're you're bonded right away, totally totally great idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I love it. Yeah, I love I love the idea too, you know. And one of the great things about Civic Northwest, and you said it best, Gary, is the outdoor The outdoor concert scene, and a lot of it is like really cool with the wineries, right, like Jason, remember like what is that one that's oh my god? They give the best concerts out out near SA Michelle, Cheryl Crow, all these different people, and it's more of a vibe like you're like, yes there is a concert, and yes people are watching it, but there's also more of the vibe around the concert where everyone's wine tasting is going on, and it's just a really chill almost like a coffee shop concert setting in a major concert venue, you know. Yeah, and those are really fun. It's it's age appropriate. It's like, you know, I think that's one of the things. And I've said this many at times, and Jason, I'm sure you probably agree with this, but one of the things I really love about how The Golden Bachelor has been casted was because it could have been, for lack of better words, a s h I T show, right, Like it literally they could have done this as a publicity stunt and had like we're going to throw in you know, three you know, Chippendale guys and you know whatever.
Speaker 2: They really were blessed with getting the group of guys that that that were cast for the show, and it made such a difference because of the illustrious history that we all have, but the way we all bonded as a fraternity.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it was that. It was a true victory. Yeah yeah, And it was all It wasn't any stunt casting. It was just good dudes, you know. And it's like I think about that from when I was on Trista Seson at the Bacheorette and then you know, after that, I went on to be the Bachelor guy, but it was like that group of guys, we were genuinely friends. Like I remember thinking to myself, like, man, I you know, I when I when I knew it wasn't going to be me and everything else, I was like, you know, I really feel like and I mean true he was. He was like my bunk mate. And in the manswa, I was like, I really want Ryan to be the guy, you know, like yeah he's in love, like he really for me. It's like, yeah, you're room for each other, you're not. And I remember saying that the first night because I was the older guy. Even then, I remember saying, I'm like, guys, it doesn't matter if we like each other or not as to who she's gonna like, so we might as well make it easy on ourselves and just get along and like, yeah.
Speaker 3: It's funny, like when The Golden Bachelor, it really seems like they went back to the roots, because like even when I was on it, you know, a few years after you, it was still sort.
Speaker 1: Of like that. But I think then it.
Speaker 3: Was like The Bachelor and Bachelor, I went to it like like somehow it followed their Kardashian world.
Speaker 1: Or the whatever the drama.
Speaker 3: But I think the Golden Bachelor and Bachelrette really went back to some of the roots, and that's why people love it so much.
Speaker 1: It was like a reset button for the whole franchise and hopefully it carries over. You know, a few more places to talk about US Open Tennis tournament. These are places you can go to in different areas geographically, or you can make like you guys said, like Dayton Daytona five hundred every year, Indy five hundred. You know, there's places that had these pe.
Speaker 2: Tennis tournament down here in Indian Wells.
Speaker 1: That's as I like it. But you know, it's funny. You don't even have to go to the actual event, right Sometimes it's the parties around the event that are just like I was the Masters, went to the Masters a few years ago. I never even made it on the course. I walked around all the places around it and had the time of my life. You know, some of the greatest people. So yeah, I love it, man, I love it. Great ideas and I think great advice. You know, I travel a ton. I've probably met people in adulta louge more than I even care to mention. Yeah, even today, I mean I'll I'll literally walk out of there. My wife will go, do you ever meet a stranger? I'm like, oh, you know, no, I guess I don't. You know. I love people and I love you know, getting a chance to talk to them. And you know, like you said, everybody's got sports, sports teams around them. Even if it's a little bit of a drive, a destination for the night. You know, she's obviously comfortable. She doesn't need she doesn't need a man, She just wants to meet someone.
Speaker 2: The companionship.
Speaker 1: The companionship, right, just like I talked about. Yeah, I agree, such beautiful. I think those are all just great ideas.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I love it. When I used to live in LA and this was something that was you know, it's very common in La and Gary you could attest. But man, I was at the dog park every day. I was at Runyon Canyon every day. Spot Oh my gosh, and I would meet people literally every day and it would be like, you know, just because you're passing them twice on this trail, hey, how you doing? You know, and then by the second time I see you your every day? What's your story? What do you do? Where do you work? Always? Yeah, I love it. But it's that's kind of a vibe. I think as long as you're not you know, as long as you're not feeling the pressure of looking for something, you're going to find someone you connect with in some way.
Speaker 3: Shape or form a romantic and pushing yourself to do like an interest that you have. Right, so we all like something whatever, like like putting yourself in a position where you're doing that consistently enough where you're going to meet people.
Speaker 1: Absolutely greed, agreed. Well, we talked about all the hotspots where you can meet somebody. Let's let's throw out a couple that are probably good to avoid. So you know, I mean, I don't know, I guess some of the first things that pop up on my mind, and you know, I'm thinking more more along lines from what Audrey had said. You know, she's like, I'm not the type of person that goes out to a bar, you know, but I think, you know, my I think what's interesting about that is there's not always it doesn't have to be a negative connotation about a place that serves alcoholic beverages. Right, Yeah, you can go you can go to a restaurant that has a bar. You can go to a hotel that has a bar and you can sit in the lounge area and drink a sprite all night.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, we talked about that, right, there's great outdoor venues that you can go hang out at where other people might be drinking. Doesn't mean you have to where else where? What else would be a bad place to meet somebody? You know.
Speaker 2: It's it's a good point you bring up because I also think at our age we are done with that. I think it's age appropriate. Let me put it like that, where you know you're going out to a bar and unfortunately, you know it's like a pickup place for these young kids, and you're like, I'm way too I shouldn't be here. This is not what I expect. It's not what I want, it's not what I'm looking for. So the age appropriate bar as, I think make a big difference as well. Someplace you want to avoid going to a younger hipster kind of place versus someplace else where you can engage in conversation. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I would wonder too, like for a place for if women are looking like a place where they just feel unsafe.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Rights, that's something.
Speaker 3: That I don't know if a lot of guys can really identify with, but like unsafe might be like you might go to somewhere for coffee during the day, but if you went to that same same area at night, you might feel a little bit unsafe. But then I would argue my on the flip side, like what if you went there with a friend?
Speaker 1: Yeah, find a place that.
Speaker 3: You're comfortable with even if you feel uncomfortable, but you really want to go there, open it up and bring somebody with you so you do feel safe.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think one of the things you're saying too is like I got I hope this isn't an inappropriate term, but I remember people saying, oh, yeah, it's like a meat market down there or whatever. You know, you don't want to go to a place where you feel like you're on display, right and you're like walking through and everybody's sizing you up or something like that wouldn't be fun. I mean, another place probably not a great place to meet people the gym, right, Oh that's exactly what I was thinking. Yeah, yeah, like you go to the gym, you're if I go to the gym, which we can tell doesn't happen often, but if I go to the gym, I'm literally there for a purpose, right, I'm there to get to break a sweat, get in, get out, probably, you know, don't don't you know, I'm not at my finest. You know, I probably didn't spend a couple hours getting ready to go into the gym. I would imagine most women aren't going to the gym to meet guys and so.
Speaker 2: And it's an interesting point, you mean, because the few times that I've been to my gym now people are approaching me and it's like, oh my god, you're scary and that kind of thing. But I'm trying to get in my workout and it's a disruption. So yeah, that's not obviously a good place you want to meet someone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no way, thank you. Right, all right, now I'm gonna throw out a couple place. You guys give me your immediate gut reaction, okay, whether or not it might be a good place for Audrey or for anyone to meet someone. First one, we're gonna start with, let's say farmers market. Heck, yes, Seattle, That's what I was thinking of set right away.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was also thinking of La downtown Sherman Oaks. They have this awesome farmers market that people would go and they'd walk their dogs and they'd walk around. Yeah, I agree, a great one. How about an auto show or a boat show.
Speaker 3: Let's say, well, I mean that's where I think, like if you have thatt like, if you if you are passionate about cars or boats or whatever.
Speaker 1: It might be a super interesting place to go because I don't think most people are going.
Speaker 3: There just to meet people. They're going there because it's it's their common interest, right.
Speaker 1: Like I love boats, I want to go look at boats, or I love cars. I feel like for whatever reason, I feel like that's that sometimes lends itself to have more of a couple's activity or a guy's activity. H I don't know what that's problem. That might be sex for me to say that, but like I always think of like the auto shows when I used to have to work them, like back before the batchel of stuff and everything, and I remember it'd be like just a ton of dudes rolling through there, you know. Yeah, and uh, if there was a woman, she was typically with someone you.
Speaker 2: Know, representing one of the autos that were yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, or they have like a Chrysler pin on their shirts. What about like, let's think about like, you know, because a lot of times people say that being in an adrenaline activity like river rafting or ziplining or you know, running or biking, that that gets your endorphins going. And you know, what do you guys think of that kind of stuff like an adrenaline related activity? Does that ever?
Speaker 2: That'd be pretty cool? Like I used to do triathlons, right, sprint trap ons, not government or anything like that. It's a great place to go and meet people that enjoy those outdoorsy kinds of things. So yeah, I think that'd be a great suggestion, well.
Speaker 3: Especially like for for her in organ like even going out right like you're gonna get your heart beat up a little bit and you're gonna see.
Speaker 1: The same people on the same trail. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think. I think the hiking. I think anything where you're out outdoors, like you said, Jason, feeling safe, you know, and maybe doing it with people that are I don't know not you know again, I mean, I can only speak from my own experience, but it's like I feel like going in those situations when you're not looking for it, like when you've basically said, you know what, I'm just gonna go have funt my friends. I'm not going to try and you.
Speaker 2: Know all that.
Speaker 1: Dude. Yeah, common interests. I'm with people I love, I feel comfortable and safe and we're enjoying you know. Uh, what's the crab Jason is so famous in Seattle the oh my god, a dungeness crab crab you eat. I'm like, yeah, due, Jason. Yeah, I'm like I mean that, you know, I'm gonna go because I love the crab. I love the crab cakes here, or I love you know, like you mentioned the Pharamount, Like I love that little bar lounge area on the back of that first level when you go upstairs up the street level. That's exactly so cool. Yeah, I love that place. And then now they did the library kind of speakeasy thing on the other side. I mean, you talk about great. That's when you said that. I was like, oh my god, I forgot how much I love that place, you know, and I wouldn't have remembered again.
Speaker 3: And so I was there just yesterday when Molly walked in right away, she was like, oh my god, I love this place. I forgot how much I love coming here. And it's great for all ages.
Speaker 1: It really is that whole area I love. I love downtown Seattle still to this day, one of my favorite downtown areas ever that I visited, and especially when I got to live there for four years. It was like a dream, you know. It's just like every day I'd go down there and just be like, ah, smell the fresh air and the whole thing. You know. So let's let's let's transition a little bit here. I think we've got some great stuff. We've covered some great information. Hopefully Audrey will feel like, you know, we've we've given her some good ideas and inspired her a little bit. But let's transition a little bit back into of course, this season of the Golden Bachelorette because we do have of course Gary with us, who is just living legend status coming off of that show. Buddy, you know, you were so fun to watch, Like you mentioned too, the whole cast has been so fun to watch, and I loved I really loved the casting on Gary season last year, and then of course now on Jones season this year. You know, with all that, like it's coming down to the wire, right, I think you're probably pretty close with all the guys that are still left standing. Yes, any and this is not a spoiler alert, right, well, we'll put it out there. No spoiler alerts here, but just your personal gut feeling. You know, how are you seeing this season play out?
Speaker 2: Well, it's interesting because I know that there is a true emotional connection, or at least there was with Chalk and Joan when his mom passed away, which was very touching for all of us. There was an emotional connection that they both had for some odd reason or another. But then as I'm reading more into a guy is the other person? I think that would probably be a good fit for who was a fun, loving, outgoing person that would match up well as well. So you know, between Chalk and guy is who I'm done putting my my bets on.
Speaker 1: And is that only because you didn't like Pascal's choice of evening attire?
Speaker 2: You know, I think Pascal is a great guy, and we are good friends with each other. I just think that he's got a very busy life, you know, with his hair studio and the and the hair salon and all the things associated with that. Guy and Chalk on the other side of that are are guy Our people that are men that are looking for love. They're looking for love, not that Pascal isn't. He just leads a much busier lifestyle than the other two guys.
Speaker 1: It sounds like somebody would really, she'd really have to fit into his life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, right, as opposed to them both merging together. And that's again why I think Guy because he's a he's an er surgeon. He would move to Maryland in a heartbeat if that were to work its way out. And yeah, so those are the two guys I think that she'd done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I think too.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: One of the things I think we've learned from the first season of well from the Golden Bachelor, is that everyone at this stage in the game is invested in the areas that they live in, right. I mean, whether it's because your grandchildren are there, you know, whatever it might be. And you know how many people are going to literally uproot and say, Okay, I'm move in here. You know, it's like it's like you're not going to want to vacate those areas where your family is and where you're where your family, you know, your children, your grandchildren and your children are. So you're gonna need someone who's either a completely unattached or be willing to kind of be not necessarily by coastal but by city living, right, Like they're gonna have to be willing to go, hey, we're gonna we're gonna go two weeks here and two weeks or maybe every other weekend we're here, season there, in a season here there you go. Yeah, you're gonna have to be open to that. And and maybe that's part of it too with Pascal, like you said, and like Jason mentioned, plugging into his lifestyle. Obviously, you're right, he's not necessarily uprooting and going anywhere. No matter how much you might care about someone, it's gonna be a lot in distance relationship. Yeah, you've got you've got a whole season there man in Palm Spring. Yeah, the same season all the time, which is perfect every day. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: I'm listening at the sunshine today. It's in the mid seventies and it's uh, it's that time of year when all of the folks come back in in town. You know, they leave for the summer and they come back for the winter and spring months.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's why traffic's better here in Seattle. Right now, they've all left to come down there. They've left there all yuh guys, guys, it's seventy five and mildly sunny here in Michigan. So we're kind of got the best of both worlds. We got the mildly sunny of Seattle and the seventy five of the Palm Desert.
Speaker 2: Yeah beautiful.
Speaker 1: So, Jason, I got a question for you. So, and you are the one who can answer this better than better than I know myself. Joan and whoever she chooses right the hardest part. And we've seen this all the way back to the original First Bachelor, all the way through to whatever season one hundred and sixty five that we're on now, how how do you adapt and adjust your lifestyles together post show for success, right, because I think we've all seen people come off the show now, we've even seen a few people come off the show and get married and divorced, you know. And I mean I can say honestly, it's not easy coming off the show and keeping even a dating relationship together. But Jason, you've done it, and you've done it in grand fashion. I mean, you're happier now. Every time I see you, I'm like, God, I love those two together. It's just like you guys, you know, in Tristan and Ryan, same thing, you know, Aaron, Aaron and Catherine. You know, I've seen it and it's right now there you go. Joey and Kelsey look amazingly happy right now, and they're committing that time together. And that's got to be so hard to because he's on Dancing with the Stars as well, and he's you know, he's on a dance point. I mean, there's a lot going on there. But Jayson, what would be your experience if you had a piece of advice to give to Joan and one of these guys, what would it be. Well, I think there's a couple of things to stick out.
Speaker 3: The first one and I said, this to anybody who's asked me for advice is I think only you and whoever you choose or your partner is know what the truth is.
Speaker 1: Like are you in it for the TV fame and all that, or are you really into the relationship?
Speaker 3: And you've got to be honest with you because there's a lot of people, especially the younger not not talking about the golden bachler or bachelorette. I think a lot of people are looking to make make up a really good living from what they've done, right, And you've got to the TV stuff, And I think you've got to be honest with yourself. And if if you really do, I think it is helpful to go back to wherever you're from, right. Chris Harrison used to say that all the time, like, don't move to New York, don't move to LA don't quit your day jaunt, don't you like Yeah, yeah, Chris is like you'll be more successful in your day job than anything else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say that.
Speaker 3: And I used to talk to trist about this all the time. And I and I think the other thing is like give it. Like Molly and I were living, Molly was living in Milwaukee and I was living in Seattle, Like don't you don't have to jump in real quick, like like like uplifting your life, uprooting your life and saying, hey, I'm going to move to Seattle or I'm going to move to Michigan, or I'm going to move to Papa Springs.
Speaker 1: Like that's not real either, Like you meet somebody.
Speaker 3: In a week later that move, I'd say, you get a shot where you're going to expose yourself to their life.
Speaker 1: They're going to experience some of your life and you.
Speaker 3: Know, and again, like whether it's the Golden Bachelor or as the show changes a little bit, a lot of people have kids or grandkids.
Speaker 1: So you want to be able to be real like and I went through this.
Speaker 3: Right, You want to be really sensitive that like that really works out and like the people in your life aren't like shell shocked by this other person coming into your life and same vice person, but really experiencing where they're from. Like Molly and I dated long distance from a year, like we here once a month, I'd go there once a month, and we did it. Like again, it took a it was a year, and that might be fast for some people, but we gave it plenty of time before she moved to Seattle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that that is that's the kind of advice that, Yeah, that's the kind of advice that you need to hear because I think what happens, Uh, there's there's so much pressure, as we all know, you know, and I mean, you know, when when I chose a whole by the name of Estella, I didn't propose at the time, and when we came off the show, there was just so much pressure to do so many things, and my life was going on a million miles an hour, and you know, hers wasn't because they didn't know her yet, right, because she hadn't been exposed yet. And and it's the way they used to do the show back then. And I'm not sure if you if you even watched it back then, Gary or not, but they would always make it seem like you were going to pick the other one, so that you know, there's like this formulaic thing, and so if you if you were choosing this person, they always made it look like you were choosing this one, so that when you actually chose this one, it was shock and awe, but there was also automatic backlash, you know, And so you come off that last night of filming, and now it's finally out there and everyone knows we're together, and everywhere you go they're like, why didn't you pick the other one? I don't understand, and they're saying it right in front of her, like she's not even there, and you're like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It was terrible, you know, and thankfully we're still really friendly that both of the last two girls of my season and I are and they've both been guessed on almost famous dogs by the way, which is crazy. Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, that's been kind of fun. It's been a guest too. Yeah. So it's always Bob's access on the show.
Speaker 2: But let me interject because I think something Jason said is very important and we don't want to forget. And I think that's why the producers have incorporated the family, you know, the hometowns that meet the families, because you really take into consideration your loved ones and their thoughts, who are now adult kids and they have marriages, and you want them to have some say in this because you really, I don't even trust their opinion, and I think that's another big part of the decision you have to make and who you're going to be with because it's not just you stand alone anymore. It's now you and so many others that decision.
Speaker 3: You know, it's interesting because, like I think, being on the show, you get this natural high. Right there's the TV, the cameras, the girls, the dates and everything. But even outside of the show, you're still on a high in those.
Speaker 1: First few months you're dating somebody.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like, and I think you've got to figure out how to put yourself in a position where, like things will happen after the high, like the real relate. Well we've all been married, right, so the real relationship happens when the high's over, exactly, of in a position where you can really realistically understand what life will be like after that high.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I agree. I agree. Man. Well, hey, Gary, if your phone rings tomorrow and they're like, yes, sir Gary, this is the call, buddy. We want to know are you here? We go Jason doing the call. We want you to be the next Golden Bachelor. Gary, what are we saying? That's a tough.
Speaker 2: Because you know, look, you guys have been in that hot seat where you're making decisions about who and when and where and why. Uh, it'd be a lot of fun, but at the same time it could be very stressful. Oh yeah, I have to think about that.
Speaker 1: I haven't.
Speaker 2: I haven't really even thought about that and taking that next step. But you know, who knows. Let's see, let's see where. Let's see where the big man upstairs takes me.
Speaker 1: And that you know what's funny about That's where I will be. You know what's funny about that? Like, I think all of it.
Speaker 3: I think I even called Bob before I did The Bachelor. I think we all called Bob.
Speaker 1: And we did. Yeah, we talked for sure close.
Speaker 3: I think he's I think what he said and if I could quote wrong, he's like, I'm gonna tell you not to do it, but you're gonna do it anyways.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I actually do think I said that because I I will tell you. I mean one of the things too, What about Golden Paradise. What if they did a Bachelor? You know Golden Bachelor?
Speaker 2: Is that okay? So I'd probably have to drop about thirty forty pounds, you know. I don't know. If you guys saw that Chippendale dance where Mike Big King showed up, I'm thinking I got a six pack and they didn't slow motion.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking, oh no, when you get older, it's called the keg exactly. Yeah, it's a kegger, it's ager, so you guys you know, yeah, yeah, I love to think about it. Right. Well, Thank you guys both so much for being open to talking about all this stuff. And I mean, you talk about putting yourself out there. You guys both did that today. You both did it when you were on the show. And I think I've already seen it unfold for Jason, but I think we're gonna watch it unfold with you too, Gary. That It's just things are just gonna keep on getting better, buddy, and I and I think you deserve it, and I'm happy for you and and very happy to see what comes next for you, my friend. And you guys are always welcome to join me here where we are just doling out the advice we humanly possibly can to anybody who might be listening. Right, So awesome, awesome, stay close, stay c yes out of that you what you guys all do so very well.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: You guys mean so much and you matter to so many folks. But I need you to so stay quotes please.
Speaker 1: We got you, got you, buddy, Jasin and I Are. We're a package deal. You got us anytime you guys. All right, guys, it was so great catch up with both of you. I think a lot of women got a bunch of wonderful information out of our session today. It's a great job, gentlemen. Now, if you guys are out there and you want some relationship or dating advice, or if you're single and you're ready to find love again, make sure you call us at one eight four four four I Do Pod. That's eight four four four four three six seven sixty three, or email us at the I Do Pod at Higheartradio dot com and Leslie find us on the Gram at I Do Part two Pod. Guys, we're here for you, Okay, this is what we're doing now right. We're a team and we're gonna dish out. You know, we're gonna I'm gonna bring my guys back whenever we need more. Yeah, that's right. Well, I think we did a great job today, guys. We solving all the world's problems. We gave a bunch of awesome places for women and men to meet. So you know, I think I think we've really delivered on a lot of this for everybody, and if you guys have any success out there at any of the spots we mentioned, call us and let us know. We need that immediate gratification. We need to know what we're doing here matters. I Do Part two, an iHeartRadio podcast where falling in love is the main objective.