Speaker 1: Welcome everybody. It is week three of the college football season, Week two of the NFL season. Here on Fade this Matt Jones and Drew Franklin after one week of the NFL over college football over. I have to tell you, Drew, excited to be with you here. We're doing this a little early. We're doing it on a Tuesday, which is which means, you know, late line movements we may miss, but we got a busy week, so we have to do it today.
Speaker 2: We won't miss them. We will have the best lines, we will get ahead of the public. And then we're off to hang out with DraftKings later this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're going down. They're opening a new sports book here in Kentucky. We're going to it. It's exciting the mint in bowling Green Billy who's here with us, and Eddie wants us to all see his college bar hang out, which is a that's gonna be a big party, Billy.
Speaker 2: Isn't it.
Speaker 3: I don't know, kind of like you said, most of my friends have graduated. But it will be the old time.
Speaker 1: I heard you were excited to go very very Hey, what's the name.
Speaker 2: What's the name of this bar?
Speaker 3: It's called Hilligan's Bowling Green, Kentucky.
Speaker 1: So for all of you listeners across the country and Bowling Green, Kentucky at Western Kentucky University, why do you recommend.
Speaker 3: Hilligan's right next to campus? And so it's become like a rite of initiation of everybody that turns twenty one, you go to Hilligan's.
Speaker 2: Now you know we are twenty one. Yeah, we're a lot older than twenty one, so.
Speaker 3: You will be are we get far be the oldest people that see?
Speaker 1: Why do you want to put us in that situation? Why do we want to be? Like? I don't want to be the old guy at the bar.
Speaker 2: Said it's a Wednesday night. We might be the only people at the day.
Speaker 1: I feel like Wednesday nights though do. But when I was in college, people went out.
Speaker 3: And always there. They'll be there, don't worry. They're right next to all the frat stars.
Speaker 1: And I don't want to be there. We don't.
Speaker 2: I don't want to go hang out with children.
Speaker 1: I don't want to hang out with frats.
Speaker 3: I'll be old in the bar at twenty nine.
Speaker 1: So why are you taking to h Why are you taking this there?
Speaker 2: People are gonna be like, why why are Matt and Drew? Here? Can we go when it's still the early bird special? Like five to six? Is it?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Is it like a tin roof where?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, at night it's all college kids. But then earlier in the day other people go.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, they've they've got patrons throughout the day. They've got great pizza, really cheap, cheap.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna say, I wanted to go on record. If I go to this and I look out of place, it's your fault.
Speaker 3: Oh, you will be very out of place here. But that's gonna be the fun, is it? It is? I've gotten kicked out that bar before, so it's matter again.
Speaker 1: What what? What of this is something that's making it appealing again?
Speaker 3: Nostalagia factor?
Speaker 2: What what happened to get you kicked out? Oh?
Speaker 3: It was justified?
Speaker 1: How wild is this fight? When I was in college, I lived on a fraternity hall. I don't know that I should go back, like right now, I don't know the people. I don't live there.
Speaker 2: I got I got carried out of two keys one time like a toddler. The bouncer had me under the armpits, holding me up in the air. I don't want to go back to that situation you moved on.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go for you, but just for the record, if it goes poorly, now we know the opening to next week's fade this.
Speaker 3: That's fine as long as you carry me out like a toddler.
Speaker 2: I'm not. I'm leaving you only we're going to hang out with toddlers twelve.
Speaker 1: All right, that's your fault. Now I have to say, I don't know for sure here it comes. I I did say it.
Speaker 2: I feel like I did really well in week one, at least in college.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure what I picked in the pros, but I feel like I had a really good Week one or Week two or whatever week that was the first week we did this. Let me know what the scores were, Matt.
Speaker 3: You were an impressive nine and three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are so your feeling was right this time.
Speaker 1: I knew I did well.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's been times where you've said I feel like I did well and it was one and eleven.
Speaker 3: Uh, you didn't hit the triple lock of Utah over Baylor or the feeling saucy Oregon bed over Boise State. But besides that, nine and three was a pretty good record. Drew, you finished five and seven.
Speaker 2: I gotta get back in the lab.
Speaker 1: So I have a early four game lead.
Speaker 3: Big just if you just include college football, because we did NFL games as well.
Speaker 1: Mostly I don't feel like I did as well in the NFL. What was my NFL that You.
Speaker 3: Were five and three in NFL and Drew was three and five. So totally we agreed on everything that we agreed to. Fourteen and six and Drew was eight and twelve.
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay, first of all, fourteen and six is strong.
Speaker 1: Fourteen and six. We're gonna tweet this out. Billy just informed me, inform me that on Week one, on last week's fade this, my picks were fourteen and six.
Speaker 3: That correct six if you believe my math.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, you're known for your math. It's a new season and you and what was he two and eighteen?
Speaker 3: Is that been eight and twelve to?
Speaker 1: But remember now, I have always said that I'm a week two good. Week two is my week money. Week three is usually pretty good too, and then I it's it's but week two because the same thing always happens every year over reactions, and we're gonna see that in this week's games I'm sure as well. I will talk about overreactions. You know, South Carolina spread was an overreaction to week one day. I mean there's always a lot of them, drough Week two is overreaction week.
Speaker 2: So we're not overreacting this week. We're moving on. I'm gonna get a winning record. A little embarrassed by my showing. The most embarrassing thing is how confident I was in Kentucky for South Carolina. I know we've talked a lot about that on our morning show, but I just felt like that, even though it was later today, that set the tone form a whole weekend. There was not having a good weekend after they.
Speaker 3: Get Yeah, Matt had the Cocks on that official pick, and I think three.
Speaker 1: The problem is, I think my three college losses were the three games I was most confident. Yeah, Iowa and then Iowa, and those are the only three hell long period, right.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: Maybe dial back the locks.
Speaker 1: Fewer locks. You know a lot of our listeners like more locks. They want more, they want more locks. It may be the case we need fewer locks more regulars. I think we need more locks. Maybe even do a few tuddies this week. I know you've been a big tuddy guy lately.
Speaker 2: I did I bet some first first time tuddies those feel good to Hito, did you get uh? My big one was Tony Pollard and Titans Bears ten to one. I don't normally bet. I usually do anytime, not first tuddy. Hitting that first tuddy that makes you makes you feel something, get you, get you feeling good until the rest of the games play out and then you lose money. But I like betting on the touchdowns.
Speaker 1: Well, it's you know, we're gonna have to keep up this streak. I have set a bar that's gonna be you know, Drew is now what six games behind, that's gonna be really tough for himountable. But more importantly, it's the standard I set for myself. You have a high bar for you. There was a lot of research that was.
Speaker 2: Was there, but I always I mean, it's that was our first game of picking. You know, like many people, we took a bye week our first week. But in this in this biz, there are a lot are a lot of teams, a lot of teams that bye week on the first three we did. In this biz, it's not about your final record. If you start good you can just ride that all season. You can remind people of what you did in week one or in our case, week two.
Speaker 1: In Phil, it's like Phil Steele. He picks whatever he did and then highlights it. That was positive fourteen and six in week two. But I will say consistently throughout history, week two has been like this for me. You know that. Now you go big week two. Now we go to week three.
Speaker 2: How many was I supposed to have? What do we decide on twelve, twelve and eight?
Speaker 1: We don't have better money total?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I'm good. I just want to make sure.
Speaker 1: So let's get started.
Speaker 2: We are on a roll. At least one of us is what's what is the first game I'm taking us to Friday? We like Friday's big fig Friday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a big game this week, like Arizona.
Speaker 2: Top twenty five matchup Arizona Kansas State number twenty verse number fourteen at Kansas State at Kansas State type. Arizona beat New Mexico State in northern Arizona. Kansas State had the scare with two lane last week. But they're all right, they're a touchdown favorite seven.
Speaker 1: Even so, I was sitting there thinking when you were going through it all. If Kansas State is less than a touchdown favorite, I'm going to pick them. What have I told you?
Speaker 2: More?
Speaker 1: And then it's right at a touchdown.
Speaker 2: Arizona' zero and two against the spread. It doesn't really change anything for Kansas State could have lost.
Speaker 1: They they could have That's why I want to pick them. It's because they could have lost. My guess is this spread. I was going to say this spread would have been more, but now you're telling me Arizona is zero and two against the spread, so it may have even out. So this feels like this really is a toss up completely. This is a game I now will not bet, but I got to pick one for this. I'm gonna take Arizona to cover, but I don't love it. I wish it was seven and a half. I might wait. If it goes to seven and a half, then I'll bet it. But for purposes of this, I'll take Arizona, but I don't love it.
Speaker 2: I took Arizona winning this conference in our preview. If I'm not mistaken, okay, and if I stick to my word, even if I don't really believe it. Right now, I gotta keep riding with Arizona, So I'm gonna take them to cover here.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, so excuse me, So we're both going with Arizona. I don't feel good about it though. So for those of you at home trying to decide if this is a triple lock, it's the negative double lot.
Speaker 2: Okay, now this is You're just you're just feeling it. You're not gonna bet it just for the sake of conversation.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, it's a Friday night game. What else is going on? You gotta do this Friday. I'll be driving to to to Green Bay.
Speaker 2: That sounds exciting.
Speaker 1: So Mario and I are going to stop in Chicago Friday night. If anybody has any suggestions, I've looked at all, like what could Mario and I do on a Friday night in Chicago? He's never been. Uh, the Cubs are out of town. I'm not going to the White Sox. They play the A's. Like, do you know how sad it would be to go to the White Sox a's game.
Speaker 2: I would just pickure random literally against Chicago.
Speaker 1: And I think it's weirder. That's then, you know. I even looked at the w n B A schedule like I looked at no, no, nothing, there's nothing.
Speaker 3: So you go see the bean.
Speaker 4: What the bean? What the beam bean? You know, you don't know what that is, get your picture taken in front of it. It's like a big bean, Like what kind of bean?
Speaker 3: It's uh, it's like it's like a mirror, and people go and take a picture with it.
Speaker 2: B e a in or in yeah in shape it's shaped like a bean, like.
Speaker 3: I'm a bean black.
Speaker 2: Okay. So it's one of those don't do impressions. You go stand in front of it and like some people both throw their arms in the air. Others will just hug the person next to them. You take your picture and then you go to the next I've been there for a long time. It's been there a long time, maybe not as long as the almost called the tower by name. It's not.
Speaker 1: I know they have the thing where you can stand out there and it's a it's a blank flo It's.
Speaker 2: Been there since before that. The lakes were there first, then probably the bean, then the cubs. It's a statue, yeah, big monument. It's a big bean for ranking the biggest beans. It's it's in the conversation. But you go take your picture. Well sounds like you and Mario are going to the Bean. Well after you take the photo, you tweet it and say, hey, we made it to the Bean, and then you go to your next activity.
Speaker 1: Oh good, Aaron Rodgers is on TV. That's nice after that old man played so terribly last night.
Speaker 2: You let him down the field in the first quarter.
Speaker 1: And also for an interception on the most important He's old, that one, he's old and he and he didn't eat him down the field the first drive. They were three and out on the first second drift, second drift, I think it was the third drive. Well that one too. He's back. What else can I do in Chicago with a Mario.
Speaker 2: On Lincoln Park? The group, No, they had to come back this week. But no, there's a Lincoln Park in Chicago.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean I don't. It's gonna be Friday night. I'm not going to take him on a tour. We're not going to Sears Tower. That's the one I couldn't think of. Yeah, all right, I have fun at the Bean next time. You would think with Chicago, there's a lot of stuff going on. Doesn't feel like you all have given me a whole lot.
Speaker 3: I gave you the bean. I don't know what more you could want.
Speaker 1: That's a good point. I'm done. You got it all right? What's next?
Speaker 2: Another big game going to noon on Saturday, Alabama at Wisconsin. Alabama ranked number four, is a fifteen and a half point fit.
Speaker 1: So they still haven't really played well yet. Alabama, well, I guess they played well Agans Western. They that South Florida game ended up forty two to fourteen, but it was a lot a lot closer than that.
Speaker 2: Western didn't.
Speaker 1: It was a lot closer than that for most of the game. You know, I don't know, fifteen and a half's a good number. The college game Day ESPN radio crew will be there, so that's gonna affect it.
Speaker 2: They're gonna be feeling that pressure.
Speaker 1: A lot of pressure. Zaslow what.
Speaker 2: I don't even know.
Speaker 1: There was a game day race it started that, but they started it new this year. I mean it used to it happened, they did it before COVID and then they stopped. So do they actually real quick? So about four months ago they came to me and Myron and said, will you host ESPN Saturday mornings as well? And I just decided that was too much right, like I already do Sunday mornings. Saturdays are really busy, and I said, you know, I don't think I'll do it. And then they decided to make the Saturday morning Crew game day, which means I could have done and that would have been awesome. A different campus every week.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I actually could have done it but with scheduling, but it would have been nice to have the option. So there's a little fomo when I see these people at all these events and they're going to be in Madison on on Saturday. The spread is fifteen and a half. Give me Bama. I think they're gonna do what Texas did to Michigan. Give me Bama.
Speaker 2: I like Alabama too. Luke Fickle was supposed to bring some offense to Wisconsin that hasn't exactly happened yet, and Milroe has been looking good under kiln Debor. Would you know what Luke Fickle look like?
Speaker 1: I would I could. I could spot Luke because I said this two weeks ago. Do you think you've learned since then?
Speaker 2: I've been able to spot Luke Fickle? Okay, I don't. He was just in Cincinnati not too long ago. You know, he's just walking around Cincinnati everywhere.
Speaker 1: I didn't run into him.
Speaker 2: He was at Newport on the levee all the time. Pretty easy to spot, honestly, Yeah, I mean I could spot him, so him more so than Debor, I get. I'd get fickle first.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't know. I don't think I know what Kaitlyn Debor looks like. Alabama fans seem to not like Jalen Milroe and I don't understand that. I mean, he as a freshman, took them to was it the national championship game?
Speaker 3: Was that last year or two years?
Speaker 2: Well, last year theyre in the playoff, not the championship, but they.
Speaker 1: Lost to Michigan. But they played. They played Michigan down to like the final play, didn't they Well they tried the QB draw and you got stuff. But yeah, Michigan won the national title. Alabama played them to the final possession and people still complain.
Speaker 2: I don't understand that. And as good as Alabama's been, their quarterbacks aren't usually the reason. It's more of a balanced Scott Hosman's laying around everywhere.
Speaker 1: Jalen Hurts and Tour were good, but before that you had dudes like mccaren and McElroy and dudes like that playing they were just average.
Speaker 2: Well, he's been very good to start this year. He has a high QB rating. I don't know it, but I know that it's high because I read it at one point. Well good Alabama comfort.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's also very good on NCAA twenty five.
Speaker 1: Uh. I had somebody write me and ask why I don't play that, and I was like, because I'm forty six years old.
Speaker 2: I paid extra money for the earlier bought the pack or whatever. I played it that day and I haven't played it since. I've played two games on the day it came out.
Speaker 1: You bought an early release and then haven't played it.
Speaker 2: Well, I played the early release, but I have not even touched it since the day it came out. That's how you know. Yes, too much money.
Speaker 3: That's disappointing, Drew. I can't I can't get behind that now.
Speaker 2: Matt.
Speaker 3: Did you say one time you bought Red Dead Redemption two and you were going to play that?
Speaker 1: I can't make fun of, Drew. I bought a PlayStation six or whatever one it's on what's it on?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Five?
Speaker 1: So I bought the one before that, I think four. Yeah, and then I bought Red Dead Redemption. I was going to take it to my then girlfriend's house. It was during COVID and I was going up to stay with her. We like three weeks and I was and you know, she our schedules didn't always aligned, so there was periods in the afternoon where it was just me, and I was like, this is gonna be me and her cat and Red Dead horses. And so we got Red Dead Redemption and I started it, and you know, it's like a story and stuff, and I've read the opening chapter on the television and then it said get started, and I just and then I'm just standing there like I'm used to video games like Mario Brothers, Like it's very clear you're supposed to move and jump, there's only one lane. It was just I was just standing there. Next to me was a horse and it said the screen gives you hints. Right, Sometimes they're like, you should get on the horse, idiot, because I'm just standing there, and so I it took me took me an hour to figure out how to get on the horse. Okay, Then I got on the horse. I walked and they were like you should see what's inside this bar. And then I got off the horse and I couldn't figure out how to open the barn, and I said, you know what, I don't even want this PlayStation.
Speaker 3: Got to think some hours exactly.
Speaker 1: What I That's exactly what happened. And my girl, my girlfriend at the time, still has the PlayStation. She still I also bought a NASCAR game, which I don't think I ever opened.
Speaker 2: It wasn't my most successful purchase. Well. I turned on College Football twenty five, gave up thirty five unentered points in Tennessee and thought, well, that was a quick seventy five bucks. Yeah, but you like, now we have real football.
Speaker 3: I play it, so I think I should be able to coach a college football team at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We had a postgame show caller to my postgame show say, and he was dead serious. I played College Football twenty five, and I know you can't run sweeps against SEC defenses. I'm like, You've been better off not telling me the first sentence.
Speaker 2: I knew that game was going to ruin people's just outlook on actual football. Like I've seen people saying, well so and so is much better on the video game. It's like, well, you have some dude in office made him on a computer. Yeah, I mean they could have put anything. They coulda put me on the video game. You know what I mean. That's not well anyway, what's next? What is next?
Speaker 1: That's more? Maybe I should give red dead redemption another track because I think at this point I know how to get on the horse.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm getting on the horse this week with LSU at South Carolina. I love this one because I still think South Carolina sucks LSU.
Speaker 1: Is it still one?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think it's ever been one. It's seven. I still like it at seven.
Speaker 1: I love it at seven. LSU's gonna kick their ass. This is a perfect example of why I won so much in week too. It's a perfect example. Everybody's gonna give South Carolina too much credit, LSU too much blame for losing the USC. LSU Big Big, big Big.
Speaker 2: I like it too. They're a quarterback whose name is nuss Meyer. Potentially could be his name, could not be. His name, has a lot of touchdowns one or so really played well, they just didn't win that game against USC. I think he carves up South Carolina even though that freshman defensive Lemons is the real deal.
Speaker 1: He's really good. I mean, he's like clowning here.
Speaker 2: He has three sacks.
Speaker 1: It's amazing for a true freshman who was double teamed a lot of the game and still got around it. I give me the case for why. I mean, last week I was like, Iowa is the mortal lock, throw it in the popcorn and eat it. Why is this not the And then of course we lost, but Iowa was up thirteen nothing. They should have won that game. Why is LSU not the same this week?
Speaker 2: Well, I think it is. I think it's I mean, there are people that tell you LSU's just down this year because they lost so much from a year ago. But like I said, quarterback play has been good. They just didn't win that game against USC. They had it won. We even saw Brian Kelly pounding his fists and knocking waters over. But how they didn't finish the job. So maybe they're not the team of a year ago. But I think they're more than capable of giving it. South Carolina pretty good. Yeah, South Carolina's They're gonna overreact with game day.
Speaker 1: Is this the worst game day of all time?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think even game day would tell you that if you had them on truth Shoom, they didn't even know where to go when Kentucky lost.
Speaker 1: Paul fine Mom apparently said on some podcast he was like, we had no backup playing, which I have to say, you should have a backup play in the Kentucky winning.
Speaker 2: Just shows how bad, hey, how bad of a loss that was. But everyone, I mean, when does Vegas make Kentucky at nine to ten point favorite? They don't, just shows how big of a disappointment. They probably should have taken like a random FCS or one of those kind of games this week.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, some like Battle of the Ravine maybe, Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: I don't know what what is out there, but they should have taken one of those.
Speaker 1: This is because this is some.
Speaker 2: Big rivalry games this week. There's actually several. You got the backyard Brawl Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, Washington, Oregon, Oregon State? Would is it at Orgon or is it at Oregon State? See?
Speaker 1: If it was at Oregon State, I think that would be actually at State See. To me, that's where I would have gone because like with Oregon State getting screwed and getting left by an Oregon coming, Organ's been struggling so you know, the Oregon State probably thinks they have a shot. That's the one I would have picked, but it's far away, and that's probably what they thought.
Speaker 2: South Carolina went from Collins to fine bombs saying how long's been we're gonna make it? Should we fire him now? To hosting game day not even a week later. Yeah, they probably didn't even answer the phone when ESPN can It was a joke. Yeah, all right, who's next? Uh, we'll keep it in the SEC. With Missouri hosting Boston College, that's actually a good game on paper game. It could have been another one game they could consider considered. Missouri has won eighty nine to nothing to their first two games Murray and Buffalo.
Speaker 1: If the spread is under ten, give me Missouri. It is not.
Speaker 2: It is sixteen and a half. And I like Boston College.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give me Boston College. That's a lot. I mean, I think Missouri wins a game, but sixteen and a half it's too many. It's too many. The birdfield advantage is not going to be great for Missouri.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't even gone an advantage of They don't even have a petting zoo anymore, Like they don't even know they have a good football team. Forgot.
Speaker 3: They used to have a petting at the stadium.
Speaker 2: Yeah, game days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there'd be like goats and pigs.
Speaker 2: So you got fired up for the game, go rub the goat.
Speaker 1: They'd have goats, pigs, hogs, raccoons. You go and you just you pet them. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now they got Bill O'Brien coming in. Pet Bill O'Brien. Boston College fans are getting a little chesty with the Bill O'Brien.
Speaker 1: Somebody's got to get that man a dry fit shirt. Like the amount of sweat that was on him in that first game, like.
Speaker 2: It was gross. It's a football guy.
Speaker 1: I mean it is twenty twenty four. You should not wear shirts that show your sweat anymore. Technology is advanced.
Speaker 2: It's like who's the golfer? Last season they were like, yeah, the thick khakis and like thick cotton polo. You're sweating through it. Like can you where do you even find shirts like that anymore?
Speaker 1: Like like seriously, those thick cotton shirts, where are they?
Speaker 2: No one makes them anymore, So you have to get a hand me down.
Speaker 3: You got to go to like the clearance section of like Walmart or targets.
Speaker 1: So they still have him there gap the gap shopping a.
Speaker 2: Lot at the game.
Speaker 3: But you know, probably good odds they goes to the gap, now, Moms, probably is that right? Who walks the mall anymore? That's the better question.
Speaker 1: I saw one of the saddest things I've ever seen. There was a video if someone was walking in the I want to say it was the Somerset, Kentucky mall, and there were fifty stores that could have been there, and they were like eight open, and there was just a man asleep. But it wasn't like a homeless man. It was a man just exhausted from walking from one sort or another and he was the only person in the entire building.
Speaker 2: And I thought, man, but that's the state of malls everywhere, right. I know my hometown mall is like that. I'd say most of the smaller town malls are like that. There's a good Amazon documentary on malls.
Speaker 1: Uh, yes, I see. I'm trying to think of the name is there? What do you think is the Is there a mall in Kentucky that is successful? I guess ox Moore is still pretty nice in Louisville. Takes a good anchor store you need it. If you got an apple store, you'll you'll be good for a little while.
Speaker 2: But as far as the mall and holding, a lot of them are just wasted space. Things that are there a month or two. Yeah, Middlesbrough Mall and doing the best. Well. It seems like most cookie place you had to get the big cookie. Claire's get your ears pearced, got pretzels for you those cookies.
Speaker 1: Those cookie places.
Speaker 2: They need malls. Have you ever been to one?
Speaker 1: Not in the mall.
Speaker 2: Someone they needed to borrow to borrow is barely hanging on?
Speaker 1: Cookie is one of those things like like gum, Like I never would get gum, but then when I'm standing there waiting to go through the checkout, I'm like, you know, some com would be nice.
Speaker 2: I didn't know I needed it. Just winked at me.
Speaker 1: When's the last time you went into like a regular store? It was like, I need own? The answer is never never been in the airport, but same premise, right, Like you're there for something else and You're like, I'll just pick up some gum.
Speaker 2: While I'm here. Yeah, what's next? And that was Boston College? Would you pick? I went Boston College.
Speaker 1: At Boston College, Okay to a rivalry game. We is named Oregon's at Oregon State. Okay, Oregon very big underachievers so far are They've been massive spreads and have barely won each of their first two games. I watched all of their game Saturday night, played Boise State.
Speaker 2: What's a spread game? Sixteen and a half. It feels like every game you're telling me is sixteen and a half. That's a weird number, but it's actually we've had fifteen and a half, sixteen and a half. Sixteen and a half. Yeah, that's a weird number.
Speaker 1: I have no idea anything about Oregon State football this year. What conference are they in? Didn't they in Washington State just stay in the packs?
Speaker 2: Well? But I mean it's there's only two teams in it. I think PAC twelve is just moving on like that's fine. We just have two teams. So it's the PAC two seems like it. They have a website where it's just pactwelve dot com exists and it's just updates of those that right. Huh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I know, not only do I not know who their coach is, I don't know who their players are. I don't know what conference they're in. I don't remember having heard the results of their first two games. Did they win them?
Speaker 2: They beat Idaho thirty eight to fifteen in San Diego State pretty good win twenty one nothing.
Speaker 1: But didn't Idaho? The Idaho is the team that played Oregon really with.
Speaker 2: That was Idaho. Oregon State played Idaho State State the same week like the Oregons and the Idaho's got together, so they played Idaho State, not Idaho. Okay, this is more about Oregon supposed to be a playoff team but have not looked good so far even though they're two noo.
Speaker 1: But the game is at Oregon State.
Speaker 3: Yes, and they dropped the name Civil War from the rivalry game. They're trying to think of a new name for it.
Speaker 2: Why did they drop it?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Do they think is that like it's racist or.
Speaker 2: Something that canling?
Speaker 3: Yeah, canceled?
Speaker 1: Okay, I think Oregon State's matter at organ id you say something about that, like I'm all for I'm much more tolerant than probably ninety eight percent of this state. For we should like consider some of the things people call and hear people out and if it offends people who was offended by calling it the Civil War.
Speaker 3: Not sure, but they've tried the their Puss Cup and the Battle of Highway ninety.
Speaker 1: Nine, the Platypuss Cup.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's been one of the names they've tried to get stick over the last four years.
Speaker 2: It's not that's not gonna stick.
Speaker 1: But I mean, are they worried about conf like offending the Confederates? This is Oregon, Like we won the Civil War. They weren't even in it. I don't even think they were part of the country yet. What's on?
Speaker 2: Wait? Why is Oregon care? Like, what's wrong with the Civil War?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Don't the Avengers have a civil war?
Speaker 3: They did good call.
Speaker 2: They didn't cancel it.
Speaker 1: That one doesn't make sense to me. Will you find out why they canceled the Civil War? Yes? Because that feels like that should be what it is.
Speaker 2: Wikipedia still calls it the Civil War, you know, I don't know actually discontinued in twenty twenty? Was it because of because the George Floyd protest? Says right here on George Floyd protest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, I'm all for the things that happened after the George, But do you think when people were marching they thought about the Oregon Oregon State football game.
Speaker 2: But now, like Billy said, they're trying to make this platypus trophy worse.
Speaker 3: That's awful. Platypus cup is maybe the worst I've ever.
Speaker 1: Heard of it. It's an organ known for platypus.
Speaker 2: What even says? It was called that from nineteen fifty nine to nineteen sixty one, which at first was like, oh so it's old, but then they only did it for three years back then.
Speaker 1: Why are do they have a lot of platypuses in Oregon?
Speaker 2: Not seeing? What is a platypus?
Speaker 3: It's like a a duck with a longer bill.
Speaker 1: Well, then it can't be the platypus.
Speaker 2: Oh, I get it. A platypus is a mixture of a duck and a beaver. It is in that case kind of makes sense. What has the feature? I mean, it's not like a duck and a beaver got together one night and now we have platy pie.
Speaker 1: It's more of the look. According to again Wikipedia, so do platypuses? The only thing I know about beaver is they have big teeth. Does a platypus have teeth?
Speaker 2: You're making me have to do a lot of research on the fly. I mean, yeah, they you know, I've seen it. They have like a like a beaver back and a duck bill. It's more of a bill on a mammal than the other way, like a but you're.
Speaker 1: But there there's no like scientific basis to say it's like a duck and a beaver. It's just that people think it looks like a duck and a beaver.
Speaker 2: The trophy depicts a platypus, an animal which has the features of both a duck and.
Speaker 1: A Huh, all right, I'm for the platypus cup.
Speaker 2: I kind of am too, now that he's explained that way.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I'm still out.
Speaker 1: Well good we were one. Uh, I'm gonna take I'm gonna take Oregon State. Don't feel good about it, but I think they'll cover the sixteen and a half.
Speaker 2: I think I had Auburn to Auburn. Oregon to cover both games so far, and both were close. I'm not gonna trust them anymore. I'm also going to Oregon State.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't like that one because normally I would say, let's just go with Oregon. They're gonna finally turn it around. But you know, Oregon State's got a lot more motivation.
Speaker 2: For this. They're met Oregon ran out on you know, they've had this thing going forever and they just stepped out. And what's another conference?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Who's up next? Uh, let's do a little John Sumrawl's Tulane at number fifteen Oklahoma. Oklahoma is a fIF or fourteen point favorite. Tu Lane should have beaten Kansas State. They're oh by a touchdown in their quarterback.
Speaker 1: These spreads you keep giving me are hard. Like this, fourteen to seventeen is arranged. I do not like.
Speaker 2: Fourteen even sucks to I don't care what game we're talking about. Fourteen even is just not a good spread. I don't like this one.
Speaker 1: I guess I'm gonna take Oklahoma, but I don't feel good about any of these. I don't want people to trust me this week.
Speaker 2: You're a week two guy.
Speaker 1: I'm should have stopped there, should have stopped, I should have ended the show right there. I'm gonna go Oklahoma, but I don't want to know.
Speaker 2: I trusted Summer a week ago, almost one outright, I'm gonna trust him again, even though this is punching up even more against Oklahoma stepping into the SEC. Maybe he'll be in the SEC soon go too Lane Greenway, don't fumble the football this week. You'd be hey, a J.
Speaker 1: Hawk, stop talking so much.
Speaker 2: It's Tom Brady. What same gig?
Speaker 1: That's a weird shaped face. You know what I'm saying, Like, how it did's in right there? Yeah, he kicked my ass though that's a strong job line. I'm not saying I'm going to fight him. I'm just saying, like, it's like, look at Pat's face. You see how his cheeks and head go straight up, his kind of come in as he's going to the top of his head.
Speaker 2: He kising him steroid usage? Is that what happens when you saying that? Why's Aaron Rodgers hat blurred out?
Speaker 1: Got like it's got to be something about COVID or inflo Wars or something like that. What's next?
Speaker 2: Let's go to the Southeastern Conference three thirty game Texas A and M at Florida, two teams who wants at least both teams trying to suck this year. I like A and M. No matter what you tell me. The spread is, what is it? Four and a half? Love A and M? Yeah? I love A and M.
Speaker 1: A and M's got and got one of these like people don't think they'res good because they lost a Notre Dame and they really haven't had a chance to defend themselves yet.
Speaker 2: What about quarterback or Florida finding a quarterback? Last week they went to the true freshman?
Speaker 1: Oh they got they went away from our Well.
Speaker 2: Merts had a concussion and the true freshman was the number one.
Speaker 1: Who they play? Uh?
Speaker 2: They played a crappy team. Yeah, I don't care.
Speaker 1: A and M.
Speaker 2: They they played Samford.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on, I'm taking A and M on the road. Florida won't have much of a home field advantage. I like A and M in that one.
Speaker 2: I'll take A and M. But this, this freshman QB is something to watch because he looked better than Mertz. And then, of course Billy Napier being Billy Napier, said that they're gonna use both quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: Why's McAfee holding a bat because he's got to go to Columbia this weekend. Look at him, he's like he looks like he's like that does look uncomfortable. It looks like he's like about.
Speaker 2: To now Rogers is selling hats. It looks like he's about to hit.
Speaker 1: Look at this, I mean, Aaron, how much money do you need? You're now selling hats on television. Come on look, super Bowl champ four time MVP Iowaska enthusiasts.
Speaker 3: It does say, it.
Speaker 2: Does say that. Also Pat has a thing for dude wipes on his on his desk. I got some dude wipes and someone gave them to me. I haven't used them yet.
Speaker 1: Do they work?
Speaker 2: Well? I don't know how.
Speaker 1: Don't used them? You know what a dude wipe is?
Speaker 2: I actually I do.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm I'm a proponent of wipes. Oh, you use them not often, but when they're in the house, I will.
Speaker 2: Okay when it's necessary.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mentioned the talladego a bachelor party on the show once. We basically dude wipes kept us alive. If not for that, I really think our skin might have fallen off from the just disgust that was all around us.
Speaker 1: Well good.
Speaker 2: Who's up next? Washington State Washington big rivalry game. Another Pac twelve lonely team in Washington State they beat Portland seventy to thirty. That sounds exciting. In Texas Tech Washington beat Weabers State in eastern Michigan. Washington is a four and a half point face.
Speaker 1: Love Washington here love them. Yeah, I don't know what Washington State is like what they've done, but I like Washington because this one is at Washington right, correct, Yeah, this is this is a route Washington wins by twenty.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, and it's because Washington State last week burn couches after beating Texas Tech. It is week two.
Speaker 1: You still, well, that's exactly they're gonna be over. People are giving them too much credit because they beat Texas Tech, which I believe is, along with Baylor, considered me the worst team in the Big Twelve. I am a massive proponent of Washington in this game. Let's move on to Notre Dame at Perdue. Notre Dame the one team that managed to be more disappointed than Kentucky last Saturday. Now, my initial inclination, not knowing the spread or even where the game is, is Notre Dame. I think Perdue is two and zero. Notre Dame loss to get here's one to know the head of bye week already. That's why I played two weeks ago exactly. That's why engineers can't be trusted. And they're like, we've had one game, let's take a bye I like, and so they and they haven't even played a good team yet. Where's what's the spread? And where is it is that Perdue?
Speaker 2: Okay? The spread is is ten and a half. Notre Dame is the favorite produced quarterback Hudson Card formerly of Texas Fame, has played one game. He completed twenty four of twenty five passes. Who they play Indiana State, thank you? Forty nine and nothing.
Speaker 1: I'll take a Notre Dame. They're gonna come out, they're gonna show that the Northern Illinois thing was weird, and they're gonna win and cover. Although I don't like it these spread either, these spreads.
Speaker 2: I'll take Purdue to cover. Even the Notre Dame will win. Ten and a half's too many when you just lost to Northern Illinois at home sixteen to fourteen.
Speaker 1: Perdue covers. What is it with these spreads? I mean usually you don't get spreads that are this tight until like week seven or eight. I mean tight is in like what I would think they'd be, which is what a spread should try to do.
Speaker 2: Let's get you inn easier spread, all right, give backyard brawl. West Virginia is going to Pittsburgh. Okay, I don't know if this is easy, West Virginia is the favorite two and a half points.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's at West Virginia at.
Speaker 2: Pitt at Pitt Pitt Cincinnati twenty seven to six.
Speaker 1: Sometimes these West Virginia. Sometimes West Virginia has more fans at this game than Pitt does because pretty much the same place. Yeah, so I'm taking West Virginia. Neil Brown gets one on the run. I like West Virginia here too.
Speaker 2: Pitt got lucky to beat Scott Centerfield's Bearcats scored three straight tds in a field goal in the fourth quarter. Who's this?
Speaker 1: Who are these random people that show up on the mat? Like, who's that guy?
Speaker 3: That's his crew? It's one of his members of his crew.
Speaker 2: I figured that out. But who are they? I mean, I know mullet dude and stupid cowboy hat guy, But who's who's the guy in the yellow Who's that that looks like Michael Chay? Is he on the show? Now?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: He's got a question.
Speaker 2: I don't know who that is either. I don't watch a lot of the McAfee show. I do like that shirt, but I don't know who that is. All right, next, how about little Georgia at Kentucky. Georgia is a twenty four point favorite. You don't need me to read their resume.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm going to take Kentucky to cover. If you look at the last four times they've come to Lexington, the game has been pretty close, even when we weren't very good that one year we kind of played them. I mean, I won't say competitive, but closer. I think twenty four is too much. I think, you know, if this game, if you've set this spread a week ago, it's probably sixteen in your fifteen and a half sixteen zone, which is probably where it should be. So especially now that it's up to twenty four, which is a number I think is a good number.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say Kentucky covers it me too. They're not gonna shock the world or do anything special this year, but they will bounce back relatively how you can bounce back against Georgia and play a little better.
Speaker 1: I still we probably lose by like seventeen or twenty, but I think twenty four. I don't think we're good. I don't think we're good, but I don't think we are as bad as we looked Saturday.
Speaker 2: I do see a world where if Georgia goes up early and our guys are just like, what in the heck are we?
Speaker 1: Well, if they're up fourteen to nothing at the end of the first quarter, we might lose by fifty and then I don't know what happens this season for Kentucky. I kind of think I feel like our defense is Georgia. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't think their offense is going to be like dominant.
Speaker 2: Took them a while to get going against Clemson Kentucky, so.
Speaker 1: Our defenses, even at South Carolina, our defense wasn't bad. They scored thirty one, but ten of them were given away by.
Speaker 2: The offense and special team.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'm gonna say we'll cover the twenty four.
Speaker 2: Yippie. What's next?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: This is our last one. We've already done twelve Colorado at Colorado State. Can we talk about Dia That's why I brought it up. He's a seventh and a half point favorite.
Speaker 3: Is that story true about the band?
Speaker 2: They came out and so it's not true?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's not true.
Speaker 1: So it's not true that they won't played the Colorado themes. Someth they have to play. Shooter Sanders wrap.
Speaker 2: The university put out a statement like this has never been the case. Okay, we're not defending dion on much, but on this one we'll stand up for Decon.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, Dion's gonna be gone at the end of this year. Dion's gonna quit at the.
Speaker 2: End of He's gonna be living with Shudar or wherever he got.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's gonna quit at the end of this year. He'll be back. He may or may not be on it, probably be on television somewhere, but he he will quit at the end of this year.
Speaker 2: This is going to fall apart during this season. If they lose this game, it will fall apart this week. I mean it.
Speaker 1: If they lose this game, be ready.
Speaker 2: He's already lost one of his sons, Shalloh is injured.
Speaker 1: When shadur piaced out with two minutes to go, right, Like, that's not a good sign. Peace out two minutes ago.
Speaker 2: I'm out. I think it's fair to say there's some chemistry concerns locker room.
Speaker 3: You think they're also like not running at all.
Speaker 2: What do you mean they're not running?
Speaker 3: They don't run the ball?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. Here's how you know it's bad Michael Wilbond takes up for Deon Sanders as if his name is Schadur Willbond, And even he yesterday was like, I don't like the directions. This is heavy. It's seven? Is it at Colorado State?
Speaker 2: At Colorado State?
Speaker 1: Colorio State's gonna cover that seven and a half. I don't know if they'll win, but you know they almost should have beaten them last year at Colorado and this game historically is close no matter what. Yeah, Colorado State is covering that seven.
Speaker 3: Who's the favorite or is it Colorado?
Speaker 2: Yes, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: The fact you have to ask that question, like they stink. Nebraska was up twenty eight to three and didn't just stopped. They could have won that game by fifty.
Speaker 2: Texas beat Colorado State fifty two to nothing.
Speaker 1: Is Colorado Texas?
Speaker 2: No? Not many teams are.
Speaker 1: Plus Dion has a way of motivating the other team.
Speaker 2: That's I mean. North Skota State had him against the Ropes.
Speaker 1: The thing is, I I love Dion as a player. When I was a kid, I did the dance.
Speaker 2: Played for my two favorite teams, the Cowboys. You ever see me do the dance? No?
Speaker 3: Can we get that tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, I mean Drew has seen it before, but let me show.
Speaker 2: We'll do play by playing.
Speaker 3: Oh there it is.
Speaker 2: Deon Sanders is in the room, Billy Prime Time? Did that? Did that not look like you could tell it was? It was Dion right? If you had a band down on, I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I don't look exactly like him, but if I grew my beard out, it'd be gray like he is. So yeah, I can do it.
Speaker 3: That was impressive.
Speaker 1: But I loved him. I loved him with the Falcons. I loved him with the cow Cowboys. I thought he was funny.
Speaker 2: I forget the Braves.
Speaker 1: You were with the Reds, right, he played for like he played for the Yankees for a little while. If you were to ask me, what are the three baseball teams in my life? I've cheered for the Braves, the Reds, and the Yankees, the three teams he played for. But I'm out. He's just too too selfish, isn't it.
Speaker 2: He's definitely too selfish. However, I'm gonna take Colorado here. Wow? Why Colorado State getting drilled at Texas, which is better than Colorado by a long shot, and then playing Northern Colorado reasonably close last week. I don't know if this is their year, but you're right about how other teams bring out their best stuff and they're playing Colorado and Dion they want to shut them.
Speaker 1: Up, and then they want to talk to him, right. I mean the fact everybody loves doing the watch when they score may Nebraska, which isn't exactly the coolest place on the earth. Nebraska was playing Shadur Sanders song in the locker room celebrating. You know, I will say he's compelling television because he makes me have an opinion about a school I wouldn't care about at all, which is Colorado. But you know, like the act is up. They don't fans don't even come to their games anymore. No.
Speaker 2: I knew someone that was a season ticket holder last year. He might have renewed him this year. But they're not talking about all the fun that it was when that first started. When they beat Nebraska last year in like week two, and they thought they had something. That place was on fire. That's that's DoD Dawn Quicker.
Speaker 1: The TCU beat Nebraska and then it looked like But you and I remember staying up and watching this game last year because it was like late late at night. He went to like two o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 2: Oh, it was very late. And College one where like all of Twitter was just doing live commentary.
Speaker 1: And Colorado State should have won, and then they blew it kind of at the end. All right, So there's your college picks. Hope everybody enjoyed it for Colorado Colorado State. You think Chaduro will get a tuddy, Well, he can take it to the house whatever you want to call a touchdown. They matter more. Draft Kings sports Book and off. They're not an offensive sports partner at the NFL.
Speaker 2: They're offensive if you like to score.
Speaker 1: That would be we heard, the most offensive partner of the NFL. They're the official sportsbook partner of the NFL. If you're ready to place your NFL bet bet something like a touchdown, Billy, tell me who you would bet on this week to score a touchdown in any.
Speaker 3: Game, in any game? Yeah, how about Carson Beck to run one in for Georgia.
Speaker 2: Of all the players, you're going with, Carson.
Speaker 3: Beck probably best quarterback in college football.
Speaker 1: Right, So here you go, Billy says a Carson Beck tuddy. You can score big with Draft Kings Sportsbook. The number one place to bet touchdowns. Download this Draft Kings sportsbook app. Use my code fade see for this one. It's fate bet five bucks, get two hundred and fifty dollars and NFL plus premium. That's right, NFL plus premium. It's only on DraftKings. The crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Can you just add this from the elder ones? Or do I need to read it again?
Speaker 3: They kind of need it A complete version of it.
Speaker 1: If you ever been cambling, problem called winn enter gamer New York, call eight seven seven hoping wire text hoping y for six seven three six nine In Connecticut. Help is available for problem going call eight A eight seven eight seven seven seven nine seven or visit CCPG dot or please play response me on by half a boothill casino and resort In Texas twenty one plus agibility restricks is apply. I was in Kansas, not Texas. Void in Ontario. Bonus bits fire one hundred and sixty eight hours after his just for additional terms almost dknng dot co slash ft ball NFL plus premium off for available on a new and former NFL Plus subscribers didtional NFL Plus Premium terms NFL dot Com slash terms. I know this isn't DraftKings fault, all right, I know they have to do this. Why does the government think that's helpful? Because the government is clearly requiring this. Why do they think that's helpful? Do they think there is someone listening going I was gonna bet on this game.
Speaker 2: Mhm.
Speaker 1: But Boothill Casino and Resort in Kansas is asking me to hold on? Like I get, say, one hundred gamer easy to remember, go with that. If you have problem, please don't gamble too much gamble.
Speaker 2: We don't want problems responsibility? Why is that not enough? Why change every time you read it? Slash? Something changes every time?
Speaker 3: Like you want to text hope?
Speaker 2: And why no text? What?
Speaker 3: Maybe you don't want to call? Maybe you're more of a Texter?
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, what a hundred gamble or text hope?
Speaker 2: And why what's the Ontario part?
Speaker 1: Like void in Ontario? Okay? You know what? When I log on in Ontario government, I'm not gonna be able to do it.
Speaker 3: They just don't want you thinking you can in Ontario.
Speaker 1: Clearly I can't do it. So how is Ontario trying to keep me from doing in Contaro? If I already can't do it.
Speaker 2: This is a big Ontario issue that I think a lot of us are having to sit through. It's not DraftKings fault that we love DraftKings.
Speaker 1: I just don't understand what the government makes you read all of this NFL For people who are listening, We just got off on a ten minute thing after I asked Bill if he was going to watch the debate. We just cut it all out because I'm like, why are we talking about it? I want we got serious things to talk about.
Speaker 2: We stay on the topic here, like the National Football League?
Speaker 1: All right? So what do we got this week?
Speaker 2: How many are we doing here? Eight?
Speaker 1: Eight?
Speaker 2: Do we want to do Thursday? It's a good game. Dolphins, Bills, very cold. Bills almost lost to Arizona as a six and a half point favorite. Where is this game? It is in Miami. Draft safe. If you're going to the game, what do you think about all that? Eerily similar to Scheffler down to Darlington on my talking.
Speaker 1: About it is interesting though cheffer didn't get thrown on the ground, did not Scheffler didn't get need in a back, and Scheffler was probably a little more cooperative than Tyreek.
Speaker 2: But just like the importance of hey it I have. I'm a big part of this event that the city's revolving around right now.
Speaker 1: Do you like, do you think the whole Do you think it's just inevitable that if you are if you become a cop and you have to listen to people mouthed off that like it's just inevitle at some point, like you just mouthed off too. Is that like inevitable? It's like human nature.
Speaker 2: I mean not that everyone in all parts of their life or job have to do something like that, but we all just have that day where we hit a breaking point. Whether it's you know, you work in a cubicle and your computer's messing up, you finally get to point like damn it.
Speaker 1: I feel like if you're doing dolphin's traffic duty at nine am on a beautiful Sunday in Miami, that shouldn't be your breaking point.
Speaker 2: It's true, maybe you really hate diaryk Hill. I mean, I get it.
Speaker 1: If it's two am and you're breaking up a fight at ause and it's a long I get it. But it is beautiful. And I'm just gonna generally speak and say when I see a Lamborghini driving into a stadium four and a half hours before the game. I'm gonna go. Maybe they're playing.
Speaker 2: Good chick.
Speaker 3: So they owned the team in Miami, you'd be surprised.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somebody did tell me that there's like I think I said something like this the other day on the show, and somebody said, like everybody like, there's a lot of really nice cars.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Western played a Bowl game there and I got to go, and they were everywhere I've been.
Speaker 2: Twice in two years, I read of a car convertible. I mean, it wasn't that fancy, Like, oh, I'm gonna be looking cool now. I had the clunker on the street looking around me.
Speaker 1: I went. Last time I went to Miami was to see Bomani Jones and Dead Dan LeBatard at the at his studios, and we were like in the Cuban part of Miami, which is a very very different part of Miami, right, and then we were down on South Beach, but we were like where their studios were. Now, when I look at Miami, it just seems like it's girls screaming on yachts, and there can't be that many yachts.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of rich people with the yachts.
Speaker 1: How many yachts can there be?
Speaker 3: Though there's a lot of water down there.
Speaker 2: Tom Brady lives down there. Now it's another yacht.
Speaker 1: I think you would like it, Like there's obviously a ton of beautiful people, But do you think you would like that vibe of a lifestyle?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Probably not, probably get old after a couple months.
Speaker 1: What do you think?
Speaker 2: My last two vacations have been there, so I enjoy visiting it, but not do you?
Speaker 1: When you go do you club?
Speaker 2: I go a little more north of Miami. It's not in Miami, but we'll pop down for a dinner.
Speaker 1: Do you club?
Speaker 2: Do not club?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 2: There's not an amount of money you could pay me to go to a club like that. I went to a club in Vegas. It's been a few years now, but I was with someone who had never been to a club, and I'm like, come on, young, young chap, I'll show you around. I was there ten minutes, like, I hate this place. Get me back to just where there's no humans bumping into me and I can just order a drink peacefully.
Speaker 1: There's a woman I know who I'm friends with, who lives in New York and like every weekend she will post a picture of her at a club, like behind the DJ booth, and she posts it and I like her, But it's clearly like look'd the DJ. But what am I supposed like? Am I supposed to be?
Speaker 2: Like? Wow? You said that says something else about them if they're with the DJ.
Speaker 1: But it's like, wow, she can touch the like is that impressive?
Speaker 3: No, not nowadays, especially if.
Speaker 2: You're a good looking women woman, But you don't. Like I was going to a club I would have with friends, I would have to pay the money to get some form of table where I'm not just staying in it. I would need to be comfortable. I could pull it off if I was doing that. I don't need you to have a sign with my name on it or sparklers on my bottles. But I would like my own couch and table. So there's gonna be a sign with our name on it. Actually funny you all brought this up. I got a d M six minutes ago, is Drew. I already texted the text machine I'm gonna d m U so it gets seen by ks R. Please do not all caps. Let Billy take you guys to the bar. He went to a Western so he's now messaged you on your phone. I now have a d M. Please do not because it's a young crowd.
Speaker 3: It's a very young crowd. Like so then why do you want us to go?
Speaker 1: It is for me.
Speaker 2: But you're not young either.
Speaker 3: Don't tell me that, Drew I look young. I'll fit right in.
Speaker 1: First of all, I'm not sure that's true. I think if the three of us walked up, it's not certain you would be considered the young I'm standing by Mario. Yeah, if I shave and he like grooms?
Speaker 2: What are you thinking the long hair? Now, by the way, I really loved myself.
Speaker 1: God, I don't know that you should be so confident about that. What's next?
Speaker 2: Not Hilligans apparently?
Speaker 3: Dolphins?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we never gave a pick. We just talked about clubbing. Who's playing the Bills and the Dolphins? Two point spread? Good game, Thursday night football.
Speaker 1: It's in Miami. Yep. I nearly always am gonna take the home team just because the short week. All that give me the Dolphins.
Speaker 2: I like the Dolphins too. Their playoff run they ran into cold water, but they were good last year. What's the coach' name? Mc daniel.
Speaker 1: He's got to of playing really well. I'll take them to cover two. Okay, perfect, what's next?
Speaker 2: Kind of winging it here, we're gonna get to eight. How about a little one o'clock Sunday Cowboys hosting the Saints. Cowboys look great at Cleveland. Deshaun Watson looks absolutely terrible.
Speaker 1: Saints.
Speaker 2: What they do? They beat the Panthers, that doesn't care the.
Speaker 1: Week the two thing doesn't work quite as much in the NFL. You say it's Brown Saints.
Speaker 2: Cowboys Saints. I brought the Browns because the Cowboys and what's the spread? Six and a half in Dallas? Give me the Cowboys. I agree. I'm not gonna do the you know, this is the Cowboys year thing. But I do think they're a good team. They'll win a lot of regular season games and fizzle out the playoffs.
Speaker 1: I totally agree with that. I think the Saints, you know, they won what forty seven to ten, but that's not going to be normal. I'll take the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: How about Colts at Packers.
Speaker 1: I will be at this game.
Speaker 2: Green Bay a three point dog due to.
Speaker 1: The injury they're playing Malik Willis my former quarterback.
Speaker 2: Good luck with that.
Speaker 3: He's awful.
Speaker 2: He's really bad.
Speaker 1: You're awful. It's Green Bay home opener. Mario and I will be there. Steve Levy is going to be there. Think about that.
Speaker 2: Do you think Malik Willis?
Speaker 1: John former ESPN anchor John Anderson will be in attendee.
Speaker 2: He's one of my all time favorites.
Speaker 1: You know, I'll take a selfie with him. Please do tell John Anderson will be there. Myron metcalf is doing the sidelines.
Speaker 2: For ESPN Radio, talking me into something.
Speaker 1: Now, all of these things point to the Packers, So I take the Packers to cover the three. I, as someone who has watched Malik Willis play football the last two years, cannot put money behind Milik Willis playing football.
Speaker 2: If it's that bad.
Speaker 1: If you look at the Packers' schedule, they have three relatively bad teams followed by three great teams. They say Jordan Love is gonna be out six weeks. They're gonna lose the last three. They've got to win a couple of these in order to make it to where when Jordan Love comes back they still have a chance. So I'm taking they're gonna win this week. This is gonna be my Billies hanging out at Hooligan's lock of the week.
Speaker 2: Did I say it was two and a half or three?
Speaker 1: Three? To make sure you got it right? You got it right down?
Speaker 3: I got it?
Speaker 2: Okay. I hate the Colts, but Malik Willis's bad in football cults?
Speaker 1: All right, what's next?
Speaker 2: How about some gross ones.
Speaker 1: There's not a lot of great games this week, and there's a lot of like seven points six and a half.
Speaker 2: I'll just grow some of the low spreads. How about the Seahawks at the Patriots? Are the Patriots for real? No? The old Geno Wilson, Jacoby Brissette, Battle Smith Wilson, Pizza Baker, Well you know he could be there. New England is a three and a half point underdog at homecos Seattle.
Speaker 1: I think the Patriots game was a fluke. Bingles should have won. They fumbled the ball in the one yard line when the guy was trying to get in the ends.
Speaker 2: Did Jamar Chase even play at all?
Speaker 1: Jamar Chase barely played. T Higgins did not play.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna agree with you.
Speaker 1: Then I'll take Seattle to win.
Speaker 2: Will take that as well. What's that? Has that been three or four? Billy?
Speaker 3: That is four?
Speaker 2: Let's do Bingles Chiefs four thirty game in Kansas City. Kansas City is a six point favorite. Man, if it was more than seven, I'd take the Mingles. Bingles have played really well in Kansas City over the years. I'm going bounce back for the Bengals. I'll go first. Okay, I don't believe that's what they were last week. I didn't really watch much of the game. That was a pretty shocking result. I like, you know, Burrough's healthy, even though they didn't win that game. This I feel like the Burrough Mahomes they'll be back on in this one.
Speaker 1: And the Chiefs are are you know they they'll throw up a couple stinkers during the regular season at home. I was gonna pick the Chiefs in this game. And then I saw what Travis Kelcey Ward of the US Open did you see that?
Speaker 2: I saw a great tweet about it too, So you know he had on the bucket head. Yeah, and Mahomes had on some terrible sunglasses. He said, they said he looked like what the guys in adjacent State. It's like the Henchman and an adjacent state. That was a really good call.
Speaker 1: Yeah that that I mean, Look, I get it You're Dayton Taylor Swift, and I'm happy for him. He seems like a good dude. I like the couple. I'm not actually actively root for Travis Kelsey and Taylor Swift, but that outfit you you deserve to not cover the spread after that outfit in public. But the shirt matched the bucket hit, I understand. But they were like a like a she she has a good fashion sense. She should have told him, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: You just don't own any Gucci.
Speaker 1: I don't care what that is that you can call it pouci, It doesn't matter to me. I that look that looks ridiculous, Like Patrick Mahomes looks ridiculous, but whatever, like he's trying to be funny with those like I don't know what Travis Kelsey like. I hope his brother on their podcast which I think they take today, I hope he just ridicules him. Although yeah, he had his own moment, had his own fashion moment, which was he had he left his bag and he had to go to he.
Speaker 2: Said he left in his truck, Like what he left in his truck?
Speaker 1: So he had to get a lu lu Lemon shirt that didn't fit and then in the middle of a segment, the button.
Speaker 2: Popped off and he s fit, he should have gone with the traditional fit and he used the word. He used the T word on the air about himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said it fits in the stomach, but not in the blank, which I didn't think you could say on television where I saw.
Speaker 2: It was bleeped. You can't.
Speaker 3: That's one of the seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well he said it live. I heard it. I was listing live.
Speaker 2: It was like replay on Twitter.
Speaker 1: It it bleeps it. Well he said it live. I heard it, and I thought I didn't think you could say that on television.
Speaker 2: The big week for the Kelseys. Also, are you worried about focus?
Speaker 1: I don't care. Listen, you're Daton Taylor, Swift, You've you've.
Speaker 2: I saw a complaining about that.
Speaker 1: There's enough distraction in Dayton Taylor's If he got through that and won the Super Bowl, going to the US Opens not a big deal. But I do think wearing those clothes are a big deal. So I'm going to take the Bengals to cover the six I.
Speaker 2: Got the Bengals. I believe in a Burrow bounce back game. I hope Chase is fully available because I'm relying on that with that pick. But go Bengals. There, Jeff Saturday there on television. He's a good dude, very good, like says probably Nope. When I was at ESPN when he like when Jared died, Jared Lorenzen and nobody like he was so kind about like just a good dude. Anyway, go ahead. We got left one left, two left, four.
Speaker 3: Four or five so three more three more, so plenty of options in that case.
Speaker 2: How about uh Giants at Commanders Daniel Jones will be forced to play football. I'm just going lower spreads. It's close one one and a half. Commanders love the Commanders. Daniel Jones really bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah he is, which is a shame. I wanted him to see.
Speaker 2: They waited to just to boo him in the parking lot like they have like a player exit. No they didn't. Yeah, a big crowd went to the player exit and the parking lot waited to boo him getting in his car. Your home crowd.
Speaker 1: You know. I watched the Hard Knocks off season with the Giants, and I was kind of pulling for him because I kind of liked the Joe Shane guy. But there was a moment where I knew he was in trouble. Did you watch it, Billy?
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 1: When they make the decision to let Saquon Barkley go, when they basically don't match Philly's offer, the owner, Oh Mayra or whatever, he looks. He walks in Shane's office and his arms are crossed like this, and he goes, I'm just gonna tell you, it's gonna be very hard for me to get over it. If next year he scores like three touchdowns in a game, and then he did it in Week one one and and I think even says that many touchdowns four the Eagles for the Eagles. Yeah, in week he did it in Week one, and the Giants got destroyed at home to a bad Vikings team. They're done. I mean, they just need to move out. And Belichick is sitting there waiting. Belichick's getting that if I am the coach of the Giants, I'm going ahead and putting my apartment up on the market. You are gone because that job will be Bill Belichick's next year.
Speaker 2: And that's a Brian Davile the Coach of the Year like two years ago.
Speaker 1: It's a fickle world. He is gone, and Joe Shane I hope they're out. And I liked him. You know, they picked Drew Phillips from Kentucky, but they're Gondal's there, yeah, Wandale's there there.
Speaker 2: Phillips made a big play on Sunday.
Speaker 1: They're gone. I'll take the command me too.
Speaker 2: I'll do the two prime time games remaining. We got Sunday night, your Bears at the Texans Houston, a six and a half point favorite.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's a great chance for Caleb Williams because everybody acts like he stinks it was one game. You go back and look at history. You know, he's the first number one overall pick to win his first game in the last sixteen tries, which is a stat we brought up on this here show last week, and then it went everywhere. He won, huh, and he won. But I think the Texans will cover that. But I think this will well. I say it's gonna be closer. I think the Texans win by seven and they cover well.
Speaker 2: The Texans went by they won pretty big.
Speaker 3: Right against the Colts.
Speaker 1: Colts, but remember the Richardson had good yardage. He had like I don't know how much he threw for him. It was a big number, but then he only completed nine passes. I'm going Bears here. He had one throw, yeah, he he had two long throws, but it made it look like he had I think he threw for two hundred and twelve yards, but on nine passes.
Speaker 2: I'm taking the Bears.
Speaker 1: You're taking the Bears.
Speaker 2: Yep. Even though Caleb didn't look good, I'll do it with the defense looked good.
Speaker 1: And give me the Bears. Me and Mario be driving home from Green Bay listening. He got all his first game jitters out of the way. Now he's just a starting quarterback in the NFL. All the talks of Holly.
Speaker 3: I don't even get to go to the game, the Packers game.
Speaker 1: No, I have to drive all the way up there, and because I have to be back for this golf scream on summer, So I got turned around and go from right back.
Speaker 2: They have all the quality time with Mario them.
Speaker 3: That's true. You're gonna let him drive.
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 2: Who's next? Falcons Eagles Monday Night in Philadelphia. That's the Monday Night game. Yep. Eagles are a six and a half point favorite. Kirk Couskins lost to the Steelers.
Speaker 1: Kirk Cousins can't be as bad as he looked, right.
Speaker 2: I was shocked that they score ten points, lost eighteen to ten.
Speaker 1: And dudes go to their second team. It only goes one of two ways. They're either like Brady and make the super Bowl or playoffs. So think about the guys who did that. He did it, Joe Montana did it with the Chiefs. Brett farre did it the first time with the Vikings, not the Jets. Not the Jets, but he did do it with the Vikings. They went to the NFC Championship game that year.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Manning went won a Super Bowl with the Broncos. Then the other side is that they're awful, you know, like Matt Ryan with Indianapolis.
Speaker 2: What are some others?
Speaker 3: Do you count Mike Vick with the Eagles?
Speaker 1: He was a backup and he actually played. All right, Yeah, there's more.
Speaker 2: Than you can go back to my guy McNair going to the Ravens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, McNair went to the Ravens. That's a good one. There are more than that that. So it's it's feast or famine. I'm gonna lean towards saying it's famine, and I'm gonna take the Eagles.
Speaker 3: It is his third team. He had the command first before Minnesota.
Speaker 2: It's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't count that though, I mean he didn't he was a backup initially.
Speaker 2: I can't believe in the Falcons after last week, Eagles, they survived Brazil. Everyone came back in one piece for the most part.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh, I guess you don't really get much of an advantage playing a Friday game when you're in Brazil, so that doesn't matter. But I'll still take the Eagles here.
Speaker 1: Okay, me think. Speaking of that, I want to ask you a question before we go. I want you, Billy, to guess the highest populated cities.
Speaker 2: In the world.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is gonna this is going to surprise you, I think, But just guess what do you think the highest populated cities are in the world?
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Well, since it's topical wherever they played in Brazils.
Speaker 1: And this is the entire like metro.
Speaker 3: Area, Sam Pilo. Is that what it's called?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what good deduction. That's number four. Now try to get the rest of them in the world. In the world, Okay, is there one in India? I'm not answer you are guessing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know not good with Can I give them a couple names?
Speaker 1: No, if you want to jump in, sure Tokyo. Tokyo is number one.
Speaker 2: A lot of people don't realize Tokyo is the biggest populated city in the world. There's three. I'm confident in Tokyo, Okay, China would be Shanghai.
Speaker 1: That's number three. You've now mentioned number one, three and four in Mexico City and that's number five. So Drew has given you four of the top five.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good. Now beyond that, I don't know Madrid.
Speaker 1: Madrid is not anywhere close to anything. Madrid is not even in the top fifty. I think you're onto something with India. I just don't know the city.
Speaker 3: I don't know the city over there, but they're they're crammed together.
Speaker 2: Mumbai, Mbaye is number seven. Only Indian city I know. Okay, I cannot do anymore, but that's all happen.
Speaker 1: Come on, Bill, you gotta get one.
Speaker 3: You want to give me like Eastern Western hemispagre.
Speaker 1: I am not I want to give you. I want you to guess something. Yeah, I don't know gonna, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: I'm in New York City.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna start at number twenty five, just to give you a sense. Moscow is twenty five, La is twenty four, twenty three gong Zoo in China. Never heard of that place? Twenty two Kinshasha in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Speaker 3: I've got gotta is it soul?
Speaker 1: Korea? Soul? Is that should be on there? Not in the top twenty five.
Speaker 2: Oh I watched.
Speaker 1: I guess that was a good guess, but it was wrong.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Twenty one Chan Jean in China. Notice a theme, Yeah, twenty Rio de Janio. So two of the top twenty are in Brazil, by the way, only one is in America New York. Would you have thought two of the top twenty cities would be in Brazil but only one would be in America? But not nineteen Lagos? What country is that in?
Speaker 3: Don't know?
Speaker 1: Nigeria eighteen Manila? What country? I don't know? Continent Africa, No, the Philippines, Kolkatta country seventeen.
Speaker 2: It's all you, billy. You got that one Kolkata, Kolkata.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know that one.
Speaker 1: India sixteen, Istanbul country. The plot twist and this is billy. You have to call these cities.
Speaker 2: Is Tanbul?
Speaker 3: Where is it one of those? You just Israel?
Speaker 1: Israel, istan Bull is an Israel. You ever heard the song is Danbul? Now it's Constantinople. Then it was is Tanbull, Now it's Constantinople.
Speaker 3: No, don't miss that day.
Speaker 1: What was that song? Bare naked Ladies? Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, I should have known that. I know a little egged ladies. I know that one. We're getting there.
Speaker 1: Fifteen chong Jing, China.
Speaker 2: Good job.
Speaker 1: Only because of the way I said it. That's the only reason you knew that. Buenos Aires.
Speaker 3: Uh, that's that's down south, down there, Brazil.
Speaker 2: Close, but not in You don't know where Buenos are, says.
Speaker 3: So you got the South America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's not Brazil. There are other countries in South America. Does it start with the name. Argentina, Karachi, Argentina, Karachi, Karachi, Japan, Pakistan, Tehran. We've had hostages there before.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know that one.
Speaker 3: I'm past that one.
Speaker 2: I drew. I don't know Tehran.
Speaker 1: You don't know Tehran either. Iran. Oh, all right, now we're in the top ten. We were killing it. Tokyo. You got Tokyo Shanghai, South Paula, Mexico se. Do you know the number two biggest country or peg of sea in the world, uh Delhi in India, I said India cities, not the country I felt already checked India. Let's try Cairo, Egypt, nice, Beijing. Number nine. You're never going to get this, so I'll give you ten. First, Osaka it's the name of a restaurant here in Lexington.
Speaker 3: It is Japan.
Speaker 1: Well done. And then finally number nine Daka Doca, which is also like a federal relief program. Does it start with the B It does?
Speaker 2: Hey, I would never want to be able to pull that one out. But after you said it, a little name recognition, Wow, you you knew that? Does it wrong with Angladesh? Yeah? Bangladesh?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm impressed that you knew that.
Speaker 2: I never would have been able to provide that. Once you said it, it popped up in the back of my brain.
Speaker 1: My point of all this is not just to make fun of Billy. It's just to say, like Americans, we have like no sense of the world. Top twenty five cities. Most Americans probably could have named seven.
Speaker 2: I had three on knew were just guessing.
Speaker 1: There was not one. There's not one city in the top twenty five cities in the world that's in Western Europe, not one. So most people would probably have guessed London, Paris, right, Madrid, Madrid, Rome not one of them. And think about how many of them were in Asia? John has got all the people.
Speaker 2: We don't realize how many people are in Asia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're just jammed in there, just like India. Yeah, in Delhi.
Speaker 1: There is your geography lesson from Billy. They're just jammed in there. That's right.
Speaker 3: I should have had the Argentina one. But besides that, don't feel too bad.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, good Argentina and Brazil, Korea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can drive there.
Speaker 2: On a chasar.
Speaker 1: America, Canada basically the same thing.
Speaker 2: Well, if you're in Japan.
Speaker 1: You think you think people okay, La, sorry, is the biggest city in Argentine. Do you think people in the other rest of the world's like New York City? Is that in Mexico? Like they probably know it's in America.
Speaker 3: America is a little different.
Speaker 1: We've got And then I'll shut up here that something like twelve percent of the people in India think about this have never heard of the United States.
Speaker 2: Heard of it, never even heard of it. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Is that not nuts? That is But it goes to show I don't know what it shows.
Speaker 2: Over here, everyone is just and.
Speaker 1: Everything, Like the leader of America is the most important person in the world and Billy is going to vote based on whether or not their accent is fake.
Speaker 3: Gotta be genuine.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, We'll see you all next time.
Speaker 2: Persard Art expected
Speaker 1: To sud