Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan I kill just the Bitch.
Speaker 2: What's up everybody?
Speaker 3: Happy weekend.
Speaker 4: If you're here you're catching up on the Bobby Bone Show from this week. I encourage you to take out part one in part three this Weekend with Ray Mundo. Part three, we're answering listener questions, which is always super fun. And part one we're talking about Ray's house, what's.
Speaker 3: Going on over there?
Speaker 4: And there's a little bit of office drama between Ray Mundo and myself, So that's what's all going on over there. But for now, let's dive into the Bobby Bone Show from this week. We had a listener call into the Bobby Bone Show and he shared the time that his mom gave away all of his Eric Church memorabilia on accident. But he was devastated and so Bobby pulled some strings and got him something from Eric Church and it was a really cool moment.
Speaker 3: That's what you're about to hear right now.
Speaker 2: To kick things off number six, we're talking about stuff accidentally getting tossed out and this guy was like, I had a Eric Church then got tossed out. So his name was Josh and here is the conversation we had about a month or so ago.
Speaker 5: I had a thing outsailed that my mom was actually helping me with throughout the day. I told her like, Hey, this is the stuff that you know I want to keep. Eric Church came to the Anthem not too too long ago, but I actually got him to sign one of his vinyls, The Sinners like me Vinyl. Once we were done selling everything, I asked my mom. I was like, hey, you know, where's where's all the collectible stuff that I had set aside. She just threw her arms up in the air and was like, what do you mean collectible? I mean just everything, my sign record, everything just sold.
Speaker 2: So he got Eric Church to sign this record, like luckily walk Hey Josh is here live again? Hey Josh?
Speaker 5: Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Hey? Describe how you got Eric Church to sign that album, because it's not like you can just walk up Derek Church somewhere. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I got pat tickets, Me and my buddy sat in line for god knows how long and they opened up the doors and you know, we got right there by the stage. And this was during his Double Down tour and usually he'd been walking. If you if you follow his you know, Paige and stuff like that. He'd been walking in the crowds and especially like when Springsteen came on or Record Year, you know, he'd been walking in the crowd and signing stuff. So sure enough, you know, I brought you know, the Centers Like Me album with me and uh, Record Year came on and you know, just holding it up, and sure enough he grabbed it and signed it. And there I was screaming like a little girl. You know, thank you, thank you man, because you know I don't. It's it's it's not every day, you know, you get to let alone, you know, shake his hand, but also get something signed that has a lot of you know, sentimental value.
Speaker 2: And did he like that signed his name as he walked by her to you write like to Josh.
Speaker 5: No, just a big old ec and uh and just signed it.
Speaker 2: I tracked Eric down. I have one that has too, Josh from Eric Church day. So I got Eric Church to sign you a record center. It's the Centers Like Me record the vinyl and he he did write to Josh and then signed his name. It's very nice of Eric to do this. So I have you this record, Josh. You never asked for it. You called in for a segment. We were talking about stuff like this happening, and we're gonna be sure to send this over to you. Just I don't know, man, fella, yeah, Man.
Speaker 5: I don't. You don't make a grown man cry. I don't. I don't get much. So you know it's you know, I'm thankful for for anything, you know. Wow, I mean, thank you man, very welcome.
Speaker 2: Now we have that album here, I don't want to. I don't. I don't want to write on it, like I don't want to. And I remember joshing me like, will you sign it if we're what get I think? I know it's just weird. Man, go ahead, Josh.
Speaker 5: I mean, like I said, you know, even I mean it's been a lot. I mean I'm happy with a signed napkin with everybody or something. You know, it doesn't matter. Like I said, I'm I'm I'm thankful for anything that I get. So I mean even a napkin with with us, with everybody's name.
Speaker 2: Ark. Here are the two Here are the two options. We can sign the back of it. I don't want to sign it near Eric's name. That's a special thing for you, is as to Josh, we can sign the back of it or I don't know. I don't know we have pictures or anything. I mean, we can do the back of it. I think the back is good. Josh, is that a nice compromise. We signed the back of it, and then you're not thinking we're big time in you at all. But I don't want to run autograph.
Speaker 5: Like the back is. The back is totally fine, guys. I mean, like I said, I'm I'm grateful for for anything.
Speaker 6: You because if he's gonna frame this, our autographs are never going to be seen unless he chooses the outside this show.
Speaker 2: Not it's not this is an Eric Church thing, not in us.
Speaker 6: Then I'm gonna sign something different because if my autograph is not gonna be on display, I won't sign it.
Speaker 7: Well, lunchbox doesn't have to sign it, right, Well, I'll sign it.
Speaker 2: Except yeah, Josh uh, we'll send this to you. Thank you for calling, thanks for listening, and you should have this in the next few days. Thanks to Eric Church too, by the way.
Speaker 5: Thank you guys so much. Man, it means a lot.
Speaker 2: All right, Josh, thank you for listening, and we'll get this to you real sooner, our buddy.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much, guys, thank you, Thank you, Josh.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the Week with Morgan.
Speaker 4: Number two, Lunchbox was really mad when he heard about this story of Benny Blanco and Selena Gomez. There are a couple Benny rented out a movie theater and brought some crazy things that were all of her favorite stuff to the movie theater. He's like, no normal, average man can do this, and he's setting too high of expectations. So Lunchbox call a movie theater to find out if if he could do what Bennie Blanco did for Selena Gomez, and he was not happy with the results. And I'm just gonna say, Lunchbox is not Bennie Blanco, so that's probably why this happened.
Speaker 2: Number five, Hunchbox was really upset because this guy named Benny Blanco is dating Selena Gomez and this guy named Bennie Blanco spent a bunch of money to take her on a date. And he's like, I hate it. Okay, quickly, why were you upset?
Speaker 6: Because he was bragging about taking her to the movie theater and he's like, oh, and I did so much. I didn't just take her to the movie theater. I brought my own nacho machine. I brought a deep fryer so I could make her her favorite treats. And she likes a comfy couch when we watch a movie, so I had the front row of seats removed and I brought a couch in. And I'm like, this is so stupid because normal people can't do this crap, Like, why are you bragging? It's like you have It's unrealistic.
Speaker 2: So so ANNO challenge Lunchbox to call the theater and see if he could bring this stuff. And we looked up how much renting a theater would cost, like three hundred bucks, but could he bring a nacho machine, a deep fry or whatever. All right, here's the call chick.
Speaker 8: Hello, thanks for calling. How can I help you?
Speaker 6: Yes, ma'am, I was just calling to see if you guys still do that thing where you can rent out the movie theater.
Speaker 8: Oh, absolutely, yeah, we have some great packages for that.
Speaker 6: Well, because you know, I was, you know, one to romance my girl, and so I was thinking about written out a whole movie theater and so I was just trying to figure out some details on how much that cost.
Speaker 8: That is so romantic of you. I love it. Yes, So for four hundred dollars you can rent out an XB theater and for two fifty you can rent out a classic theater, and those do have the lounge seats.
Speaker 6: Well, speaking of lounge seats, I was wondering because my girl likes to be, you know, comfortable when she watches the movie, and she has like a favorite soft couch. Can we take the seats out of the front row and put the couch there.
Speaker 8: Oh, we actually can't chake those out there through in the floor.
Speaker 6: Okay, So if we can't bring our couch, what if we brought My wife loves nachos. Can I bring my own nacho machine to make her some nachos?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 8: You know what, you actually don't need to bring one. We do have a nacho bar at our pop con station.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, cool, Well what about a deep fryer.
Speaker 8: We do actually have a lot of treats at our concession. Tame we have we have.
Speaker 3: So you're saying I.
Speaker 6: Can't bring the deep fryer, I can't bring my nacho machine, and I can't bring my own couch.
Speaker 8: That is very romantic, it's very thoughtful. I think that that would probably break some house code violations. I know that you know you have a vision in mind, but if you still want to run it out, you can let us know.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 3: Thanks was that she was so nice?
Speaker 7: Yeah they laughed in her face.
Speaker 3: Okay, so what do you find now? I can't even do it? Unrealistic.
Speaker 2: So then he might have used their nacho machine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it brought it.
Speaker 9: Out like can we unscrew the seats for this amount? We all do well?
Speaker 2: I don't even know that he would unscrew the seats?
Speaker 7: Really, the space up front, you can just put a couch up.
Speaker 2: There this theater though, if so close Eddie, So lunchbox, what is your conclusion?
Speaker 3: My conclusion is it's stupid.
Speaker 6: We don't need to be printing these stories that can't happen for normal people.
Speaker 3: We can't even do that, so it's so dumb.
Speaker 6: He doesn't get credit for doing all this amazing stuff because it's impossible.
Speaker 2: So unless it can happen for normal people, you don't want to see it, right.
Speaker 6: I mean we just called and they said no health code violations. Okay, so it can't happen. So when we put it in People magazine, women get these ideas like, oh see, how romantic it is. No, you can't even do it. It's not real.
Speaker 9: I actually haven't thought about it once since we talked about it, only that you.
Speaker 2: Had a problem basonally reason I thought about it.
Speaker 9: Like I wasn't thinking, oh man, that's so great. I hope that happens for me.
Speaker 2: Do you think people see Selenny Gomez and go celebrities are just like us.
Speaker 6: They do, but then and so they think, oh baby, my boyfriend can run out to the theater and get me my own nacho machine.
Speaker 10: So dumb.
Speaker 2: But you could have No, you can't, like she said.
Speaker 3: She just said, it's health code violation machine.
Speaker 2: Or use their nachos. Probably it's not the.
Speaker 6: Same thing as bringing your own. It's not the same thing as bringing a deep friar.
Speaker 2: He's really attached this deep friar. What would you want to deep you think?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Probably some oreos fair. I don't know what Selena gome is. His favorite treats.
Speaker 2: Are, but that's what Bernie standing by any time.
Speaker 6: Get you Do you really think Benny Blanco made him because if the movie is going on, he doesn't have time to work a deep friar.
Speaker 2: So you're suggesting he brought someone to do it. Yeah, he's like, I did it, but couldn't you sneak in a deep friar just like you sneak sneak in drinks and stuff and.
Speaker 6: Then put the couch under your shirt.
Speaker 7: You get an outlet.
Speaker 2: In conclusion, Lunchbox, that story is full of crap. No, I think it happened.
Speaker 3: It's unrealistic. I don't know how it happens.
Speaker 2: We all agree it's unrealistic.
Speaker 3: Though, because I couldn't do it. I tried to do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, lunch Box. I don't know what we accomplished by this, nothing, but we have proven that Lunchbox could not do this at this theater, Okay, at any.
Speaker 9: Theater in case anybody else is.
Speaker 2: Deep friar back the Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Number two.
Speaker 4: Scuba Steve told us last week he didn't want to go to his kids kindergarten graduation. Well, he ended up going, came back to the show and shared the very valuable lesson that he learned.
Speaker 1: Number four.
Speaker 2: I was checking with Scuba Steve, our executive producer, who was not going to go to his kids kindergarten graduation. Last week he said stupid. He said, I don't want to go because he's going to stay in the same school while we having a graduation for kindergarten. And I said, it's not about you and you should go. And you took the day off work.
Speaker 10: I did.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yeah, was that weird for you to take the day off work?
Speaker 11: It was weird because I still get emails and text messages and phone calls and I have to ignore them. I didn't ignore all of them, but I chose that's what you do with family exactly.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, how was it?
Speaker 11: It was kind of liberating. It was kind of fun because I put my phone on silent, put it in my pott.
Speaker 2: I mean, the graduation, not your world. See, he's still not even valuating. How was the kindergarten graduation that you did not want to go to.
Speaker 11: So when it's was all said and done, I got a really emotional started crying a little bit with my wife because it was tough to see my oldest child. I mean, it's not a big step, but it's somewhat of a step where he is now going into the next part of his life.
Speaker 12: And he was so excited. He's like, I'm a first grader. Now I'm a first grader.
Speaker 11: So to see his excitement, that's what made it all for me and got me really emotional.
Speaker 2: So would you said, yeah, would you say your perspective has changed?
Speaker 12: Oh, one hundred percent?
Speaker 10: Yeah it was.
Speaker 11: It was really And then not only that, but then seeing all the other kids in their excitement and the parents' excitement for their kids, just the energy.
Speaker 12: In that room was infectious and it was really really cool.
Speaker 9: And then he came back to work with his son.
Speaker 2: I saw him and as someone I'm a first grader, and yeah, yeah, yeah, I still came back to work because I had to do things still, but I brought my son with me.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So are you admitting that you're wrong?
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, I'm one hundred percent. I'm not afraid to admit when I make a mistake or when I'm wrong.
Speaker 2: And then what would you tell parents that had the same feeling that you have, It's just a dumb kindergarten graduation.
Speaker 12: There were a lot I saw a lot of those comments on Instagram.
Speaker 11: I would say that you need to open your mind have a different perspective, coming from someone who was closed off to it, thinking the idea was stupid that you should just let it go and go there for your kid and enjoy the moment, because if you look back twenty years from now and go, you look at your kid who's an adult. Now, I wish I would have gone. So don't blink, blink exactly.
Speaker 6: Oh, do they do it like a normal graduation where they call every kid's name and they walk across the stage.
Speaker 7: It's a whole thing.
Speaker 10: So it's so cool.
Speaker 12: So they come out, That's what got me.
Speaker 11: They come out with these capping gowns on and they have the tassel and they got everything. And then they sit in their rows and then they do a little dance and my son is one of the ones that leads the dance, so he's out there like dancing and clapping and having a good time. And then they do awards for like most Improved, best Reader Math.
Speaker 2: Does everybody get an award?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 11: Only three from each kindergarten class got an award like that.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 11: But then at the end and they go through and they play the commencement speech you know, music, and then they go up and they call every single name one by one and they get their little king. I think it's maybe fifty kids told all, yeah, so it wasn't too bad. Yeah, twenty five each side. My son was towards the end and cause my last name. But he goes up there and he holds this thing. I'm real proud and excited and it was pretty cool. Yeah, it wasn't about you. It wasn't about me at all. It was about him only lunchbox.
Speaker 2: You also thought it was dumb. Do you change your mind?
Speaker 10: No, it's still stupid.
Speaker 11: Okay, well you say that now, but next year when kindergarten.
Speaker 6: Graduation makes no sense to me because you are literally staying at the same school, just going across the hall to first grade. You're not graduating anything. So why don't they graduate from first grade second grade?
Speaker 2: Why do we Because it's a celebration of the first year of school and you're about to get into your entire.
Speaker 11: Life, and you're forgetting the entire message here. It's not about that. It's about your kid having a good time and them looking back. Because there's many times where he would look back and look at me, and I was just thinking, like what if I wasn't there and he looked back then I wasn't there, empty chair.
Speaker 13: It's like me creating that cycle all over again. I'm not saying it was important for you to be there. I think the whole kindergarten graduation is stupid, but I would compare it to in sports. Why don't they do third year player awards? Oh, they did Rookie of the Year because it's our first year in the league.
Speaker 2: It's their introduction to the league, and this is a signifies that you're here and in your first year, how good you are versus your peers and so kind of gone graduation, it's your first year. He did awards. I liked that, how good you are versus and then you move on with your life.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's a great way to look at it. Yeah, Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 14: Listen to Scuba. Before he went, he was trashing, why are we doing this?
Speaker 7: Is so dumb? And now, dude, I've loved through it.
Speaker 12: Yeah it's amazing. Yeah, it's really really cool.
Speaker 2: Your son loved it.
Speaker 11: He had so much fun. My wife loved it. It was a really special moment. So please do it and just get over the fact of whatever it is that you're thinking in your head because it's stupid.
Speaker 3: No, No, I know, I will go.
Speaker 11: I would go, but try to go there with a hat with a good attitude, because now I've been through it.
Speaker 12: Lunchbox. Yeah, yeah, a good try your best.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for sharing, and thank you for admitting that maybe you had some growth in this area and you've grown. Oh, I definitely have grown some growth here and first grade graduation. I'm there.
Speaker 3: Okay, we do the speech.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two.
Speaker 4: You only waiting to find out who got the big movie opportunity, and it was finally revealed on the show. And let me just be the first to tell you before you get into this that holy crap, didn't see this coming, like the way it was all announced, shared whatever, did not see any of this coming. And there was also a further update which you'll get in this number two spot after you hear this one.
Speaker 15: Number three, Okay, rewind we're running a.
Speaker 2: Month or so ago, maybe less than that. I get an email going, hey, here's a script I know in the past. We've reached out and they asked Amy to be in a movie. It's called Holiday Harmony. It's on HBO Max or max now you can see it. And so they said, hey, would this person want to do a movie? Would you? Could they take off work that kind of thing? And I'm like, I would never hold anybody back from doing anything they want to do. And everybody on the show, a lot of you guys haven't expressed interest in acting.
Speaker 14: Oh absolutely, this was easy, like oh yeah, just to go to Hollywood be a star.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: So who's ain't cut? I?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 2: Morgan?
Speaker 15: Ray?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Abby, Abby?
Speaker 3: My, Okay, it's down Eddie and me.
Speaker 7: I know it's Eddie.
Speaker 2: It's not you.
Speaker 7: What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: I got it, watch box, it's not you.
Speaker 9: Wait, what is it you? You know what? Like a part of me in my brain like, literally was I wonder if it's Bobby. I just thought that. I wish I would have said it out loud.
Speaker 3: You got the movie rule?
Speaker 2: I don't know that. I'm gonna take it.
Speaker 9: What is it what I'm talking about?
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, what the whole time you said it was one of us?
Speaker 9: Is it UNISEX? Can we all do?
Speaker 2: It's one of us? Yes, it's one of us.
Speaker 9: Okay, what is it? Tell us more?
Speaker 2: I can't it's not my movie?
Speaker 7: Well okay, what can you tell us?
Speaker 2: It's a Christmas movie? That's what I can tell you. Are you saying no, no, no. I've done a fair bit of acting. I've been in a movie, I've done some TV shows. It's not really my thing and I like it. It's not fine. I don't know if I'm gonna do it. I forgot about it and then I brought it up on the air that day.
Speaker 9: You forgot about it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, how do you forget about it?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: I mean I got a movie role. I just forgot.
Speaker 2: Scuba and I got since the script and he was like, hey, what do you want to do with this? I was like, I don't know. And I read it and I was like, I don't I don't know. So that's what it was. And then I probably would have just told you guys the first. But the content does so well when we stream this is real by the way, this this is not a bit, isn't like we made it up. But when we do a bit like this, it streams out of its mind. People consume it like crazy.
Speaker 9: You can try to figure out who it is.
Speaker 2: So it's like, why would we not do a bit on It's a.
Speaker 7: Lot of heartbreak involved for us.
Speaker 6: That was like building us up. And then you say, Eddie, you don't get it.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, I got it.
Speaker 7: I thought that your thoughts.
Speaker 11: I like the whole string out of it. It's always fun. Yeah, but the payoff with you. I think you should thoughts on doing it. I think you should do it. Be kind of cool. Absolutely, and you have a pretty prominent role in it, so it's not like it's a walk on then you're done that.
Speaker 12: It seems like you're throughout the script nude scene.
Speaker 2: It's just I'm nude the whole time. It's all nude.
Speaker 12: We were going dude suit though, just it.
Speaker 9: I don't know. Everybody's dreams are so different. It's like if you get handed something like on a silver flatter and you're just.
Speaker 3: Like, I don't know, I forgot about it.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, but I've done it.
Speaker 9: You've done it, so have I, and I've.
Speaker 2: Done it, done it.
Speaker 7: It's not like taste and you want more.
Speaker 11: It's not like that or you Okay, if I pitch, if they look at maybe using Amy versus you.
Speaker 7: Excuse me.
Speaker 2: See now you're just created drum.
Speaker 12: She could do it though with her.
Speaker 2: I haven't decided. I haven't decided. I'm not going to do it if.
Speaker 12: You turn it down, though, can we go to her?
Speaker 3: Why Amy?
Speaker 2: Hello, what if you let the show like audition for what I'm talking about? If everybody gets shot auditioned for.
Speaker 12: It, I can already tell you right now. Amy is going to be the clear winner.
Speaker 7: But why she has experience, but.
Speaker 2: She didn't have experience until she did it once.
Speaker 11: Yes, but I think looking for somebody who hasn't just done it once, they want someone who I think we should.
Speaker 12: Just go with Amy.
Speaker 9: And then after I did it, I took acting lessons.
Speaker 3: I win, Are you a director, bro?
Speaker 11: I would say, yeah, Bro, But based on what the role is, and I've seen what it is that like, Amy could also be a really good fitness and I can't, No, you can't.
Speaker 2: I don't interesting, Okay, I think lusch Buks be pretty good at it, and being I don't.
Speaker 12: Think lust Bus can be really good at it.
Speaker 3: That is, I mean, I don't know what. I don't know when you casted for your movie, but you think.
Speaker 11: Sometimes he like he can he tries to act, but it sounds really bad and like it sounds really fake and phony and.
Speaker 2: A little over the top.
Speaker 12: You're like, that's just too much.
Speaker 2: I have to decide what the deal is I don't even know when, but that's the deal. It's over. Congratulations, man, thank you, thank you. It's a lot of hurry up and wait it's not my stuff.
Speaker 9: But now all day, all day, it's amazing.
Speaker 2: I had like nine or ten lines in a movie the vnicea Hudgens Watch four days to shoot nine or ten lines, like let's go why are we here? I got stuff to do. I got a show to go do. I got talking to my people. Okay not Hollywood people, but.
Speaker 7: You got your own trailer and all that, or get my own trailer.
Speaker 2: I lived in a campershell for like three years in my life, so it really wasn't It was a different than that.
Speaker 3: But then if you take this, we could do the show from set.
Speaker 2: I don't even know where they're filming.
Speaker 3: It whatever, we'll be on location.
Speaker 2: That'd be great, just being on location. It doesn't matter where.
Speaker 3: I don't care. I'm ready for to go on set and do the show. Yeah, he's ready, Like, we'll do it live from the set.
Speaker 7: He just wants to be involved.
Speaker 2: He just wants to be around the set so we can try to get in the set. Okay, that's the deal. I'll let you guys, crap, man, it is ruined my Tuesday. You didn't lose anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't lost my movie role.
Speaker 2: You didn't have a movie role.
Speaker 3: I thought you didn't have it. You said any year out. I'm like, I got it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I didn't even think.
Speaker 6: About another person as stupid.
Speaker 2: Well you should have told your family had it. I know.
Speaker 6: But I came in this today thinking, oh my gosh, my life's gonna change, and it did change.
Speaker 2: I got crapped on Bobby what. I don't know. I've really thought about it. When do they need an answer? Scuba?
Speaker 10: Do you know?
Speaker 12: I mean they're hoping for an answer within the week.
Speaker 7: Scuba wants Amy to do it. Man, I heard him.
Speaker 12: But I'm just say, if you turn it down, she's the next best option.
Speaker 2: I don't know that's true though.
Speaker 7: It makes no sense well.
Speaker 12: Based on what the role. I can't say what it is.
Speaker 11: But but if we're looking at all of us, because they're looking for our type, Amy's the next.
Speaker 7: Best open, dude, I can play a woman easily our type.
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 3: What is our type?
Speaker 9: What do you mean?
Speaker 7: Explained Scuba.
Speaker 1: It's the best Bits of the Week with Morgan. Number two so we all shared our headlines of the week.
Speaker 4: Everybody's got a lot of stuff going on right now, kind of all over the board, different things. Eddie with a boot, Amy with possibly moving, I have a stray dog that's been at my house in the movie role Opportunity. So lots of updates and they are headlines from the week. I hope you enjoy them.
Speaker 2: Number two, let's do headline news. I'll go to your I go to you, give me the headline and give me the news lunchbox, headline news.
Speaker 9: Go.
Speaker 3: My five year old graduated pre K.
Speaker 2: I thought you hated that. It's stupid.
Speaker 10: It was so stupid.
Speaker 7: Did you get them a balloon that said we did it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, it was so stupid because.
Speaker 6: All the other parents they decorated their cars, and so my wife's like, we got to decorate our cars. So we had to put balloons on our cars and they had the whole ceremony and I'm fine, it was fun, but the decorating the car and all that was just And some parents got every student a gift. I'm like, what is going on, guys, because it's not a big deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 6: Understand, like giving gifts and then people are giving gifts to the teachers and they're acting like they are going out into the world. I mean, they graduated pre K. I found out that it's like emotional.
Speaker 14: Because they're getting bigger, like like you know, and found out and a lot of well yeah, because I didn't get emotional, but a lot of the moms were I'm like, why are you guys crying? I don't understand, and they said because they getting older, and and some of them have him like for half day because preschool is not like a full day at school.
Speaker 7: So they're like, well, that's it. We're we're not gonna see him for like most of the day. Now.
Speaker 6: I did have an emotional moment, not at the graduation, but I was putting his because they had to wear a certain uniform. I had to put it away for the final time because they he doesn't wear it anymore. And that was like, oh, my gosh, he's going to kindergarten. But the graduation was stupid, stupid, But he did it, guys. He was not the valedictorian though.
Speaker 2: They had Oh he wasn't. Okay, okay, Eddie, give me your headline first.
Speaker 14: Well, my big headline is I broke my foot playing baseball with the San Louis Cardinals, you know, at the pro level, And so I went to the orthopedic doctor to get the final like diagnosis. He said, sure enough, I did fracture my foot, and for the next two weeks this is the pit. This is the important time in my foot's recovery. So I have to stay off my foot.
Speaker 2: Two weeks sounds good though it's supposed to. I mean, I thought I was gonna be amputated.
Speaker 14: I want to be in the I did think it was gonna be amputated because I can't feel my last two toes that they're gonna be gone. They said, no, those are people with diabetes. That happens to them all the time, got it. God, Yeah, But here's the deal. So the next two weeks is tough.
Speaker 7: I can't.
Speaker 14: I got to stay off my foot, so I can't do stuff around the studio. So Abby, can you get me some water? And then I have boiled eggs too that need to be cracked? And hbos, can you do that formulator today?
Speaker 3: No chance?
Speaker 2: No, do you need a bell? A bell would be cool? That would be so annoying. Well, I hope your foot gets better, but they're not gonna run your errands.
Speaker 7: I can't. I can't move.
Speaker 2: You can, though, that's why you have a boot on. Okay, you do have to move. Amy.
Speaker 9: Headline news, Well, headline news is I sold my house.
Speaker 2: Ya. Wow, the cardinal was right.
Speaker 9: Talk more about it later. But there's some stuff in the works, and it's a pretty good headline.
Speaker 2: We saw and listeners reminded us a lot of your mom in Saint Louis.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, they were everywhere.
Speaker 2: Cardinals are everywhere.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's not how that works.
Speaker 7: Oh was your mom part of my foot breaking? No?
Speaker 9: No, maybe you did make fun of my story with her, for sure.
Speaker 2: But that's a big deal. Good job.
Speaker 9: It's a big headline, and there's more details that we'll get into because I'm just not ready for y'all to tell me I'm crazy.
Speaker 2: Again yet, because you know it's coming probably, oh for sure, because you know it's probably kind of crazy.
Speaker 9: It's it's one hundred percent crazy. But I'm like, did this really work?
Speaker 3: Something I did?
Speaker 2: She's been scammed, she had even sold the house. Somebody stole the house.
Speaker 4: Okay, headline news, Morgan, All right, So the latest with the dog that I found dodging traffic.
Speaker 9: She's still with me.
Speaker 2: I see on your Instagram story like she's like going on walks and stuff with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm trying to get her adjusted and just get her ready. So she did serve her stray hold at the animal control shelter, which she like served it with me. She didn't have to stay there, and I got a rescue to pull her proverbs and so now we're going to work to get her ready for adoption.
Speaker 2: So you're not going to keep her, I can't.
Speaker 7: She likes to terrorize my cat.
Speaker 4: Hazel's currently playing like lava on all the tables to not touch the floor with her, So that's not quite working as long term. I would love to keep her, but that's just.
Speaker 2: Not a Yeah. I don't think it's a long term solution either. You can't keep every dog that you find. But it was great that you found her and you still have her and hopefully you find her a good home. But nobody came forward and said with her dog, No.
Speaker 4: No owners ever came forward, And so now we're just gonna work to get her ready for adoption.
Speaker 2: My headline headline news, maybe maybe I'll act. So I got this offer to have. It's a movie role, it's just some stuff in it. And I went back to the team and said, hey, I don't feel comfortable with this something in the role. Can you change this, because then maybe I could do it. And they've they've kind of agreed to the changes. Oh, I think so now you're writing definitely. Now I'm not writing it, but I just asked for some changes, and I'll tell you about what it is at some point, but I might do it. I just don't really like acting any much. I've done it does somewhat semi significant amount movies, TV shows, whatever. Not my thing. But if they're asking me that, I have to go like, that's kind that's nice. But I'm probably at like fifty four percent now positive five percent?
Speaker 9: Jump, Oh you're fifty one.
Speaker 2: It's forty nine.
Speaker 14: Oh maybe yeah, telling the director what to do exactly how.
Speaker 2: I asked a question, Hey, can I politely ask for a change, And they said, most likely, let's.
Speaker 10: Throw in your weight around.
Speaker 2: No, wait, that's what Leo does. There's no weight all right, Nio Niro. Wow, there's my update there.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's the best bits of the week With Morgan number two. Everybody's favorite.
Speaker 4: Jelly Roll was in studio this week. He was talking about getting to hang with Limp Biscuit and Lana del Rey, which insane stories. He had this insane probably forty eight hours, more insane than anybody's probably ever going to experience in their life, which is so cool and it couldn't happen to a better person. Not only that, we talked about his acceptance speeches, if he always feels pressure to do the best acceptance speech when he wins an award because he's so good at him without for this is Jelly Roll and Bobby Bones number one on the Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 2: Now, Jill, good to see you, buddy. I just like a couple of days ago. Yes, And we had the talk. Jelly had on a necklace and he was like, when I wear this, I've won an award every time. It was like, as good luck and he won an award.
Speaker 10: It's a true story.
Speaker 2: It was like the one time I didn't, I didn't a ward again, that's a truth. Are you telling that story?
Speaker 10: I should award today? It's my I have the rosary cross necklace that I wore at the CMAS. I had a kind of made just for that and it's beautiful, beautiful, beautiful piece by Icebox. And I didn't wear it to the Grammy because I was like, I just wore to the CMA. I don't, you know, look like I don't have one piece of jewelry and then I'm waiting lost. So when I went to this, So when I went to the iHeart Radio Awards, I was like, I'm wearing the necklace for sure. And I wore the necklace in one, so I was like, I'm definitely wearing to the CMTS, and I wore to the CMTS and one. So when now I was talking to my stylist, she was like, what jury you're gonna wear? I was like, we know what jewelry Until I lose, We're putting on the necklace, man, and then you won, Yeah, then we want tonight.
Speaker 2: Do you feel the pressure now to get up and give this amazing, super uplifting speech every time because you've basically done that every single award. But now I don't know if there's an expectation, but people are like craving that from you.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's crazy. I haven't thought of it much because I still don't expect to win, you know, especially like the ACM and CMA's. Man, that was real big for me because they're they're peer voted, you know what I mean, and me being kind of still relatively new to the scene. I never expected it, but the saving one was an easy one though. Man, that song changed my life. I mean that song. It's so funny I was as a songwriter. I immediately go back to the emotion in which I had when I wrote the song. So it's just so it was so easy to tap into that. And Landy set me up too. Man, she hyped it up. So I was like, oh, man, I gotta say something cool now. Guy talk about.
Speaker 2: Going into if it was a room or wherever he wrote saving me, Like, because again, that's a pretty vulnerable situation to share with anyone, much less create around it. Like what was that about?
Speaker 10: You know? The cool I want to talk about this? Thank you for asking. I was so emotional that night because this story has so many layers to it. I'm in a room with just me and a guy that I've known since high school. He's a painter. He was an old drug dealer turned like paints houses. Just blue collar dude, and of course I'm a reformed drug dealer. And we're just never thought we'd be hit songwriters. We didn't know much about the guitar. That's why the chord structure is just like this super dud dud dud dudu. You know, we were two dudes that could hardly trick a campfire of kids that we were good guitar players, and we just just poured out of me this song and just this painfulness. And then I uploaded on YouTube, and I was so scared by me that I commented under my own YouTube video and said a little different for me. Let me know what y'all thinking. If it should make the album? I meant that, And of course the record went on to go platinum. A couple of times, every record label on earth called me, y'all know the story. I end up signing a record deal. Laney Wilson gets on the song, then he goes number one at radio.
Speaker 2: Do you think is that the song that really transformed what people what their understanding of you?
Speaker 10: Was? Is this this song?
Speaker 15: Is?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 10: There's a Malcolm Gladwell book called the Tipping Point. This has saved Me? Was my tipping point? Like for short? Was that moment for me? So? And then you circle back around, and when it's time to put Lanny on the record and produce the record, I call a guy named Zach Crowell who sold me one hundred dollars beats when we were the heat Agers back in the day. So like the full circle of this record and just how Nashville and homegrown it is, it was just it's just unreal, man, I think, uh. And I was worried Bobby. The ACM was the last time that the album cycle of which the Chapel would have been voted for, So if Saved Me didn't win that night, I feel like that song would have never got what I feel like it deserved.
Speaker 2: Who in this town artist wise, do you feel like really embraced you early on before everybody started to understand what you were about, because you don't look like you know, very many country artists'll be honest with you. The face tattoos, the uh you know, do you look like a hip hop guy? Now you don't. Now you look like us except with much cool face tattoos. But I mean maybe there was an understanding because I'd heard I'd listened to new music before, and that probably affected what I thought about you too, because I knew he's a rapper who was the first like artist in town that really gave you the Oh, I get it, and I respect it, and I want to be here along for the ride.
Speaker 10: I was lucky that me and Ernest were really good friends, so I kind of walked right into that big loud group. So I walked right into Morgan and Hardy. And this was right before Morgan became the monster he is, like, right before Morgan became the biggest artist on earth. So it was just perfect timing for me that I fell right into the degenerates, you know what I mean, Like, I fell right in there. The people that reached out immediately that were cool were like Keith Urban was one of the first people that talked about me publicly in a really really really cool way.
Speaker 9: Me.
Speaker 10: Riley Green, Dude, I feel like I've been talking to Rally Green forever, you know what I mean. Cody Johnson, and that was really important for me. For guys like when Cody Johnson and Riley Green liked me, I was like, let somebody tell me I'm not country. This is a bull riding cowboy and a guy who would rather shoot a duck than do a show in front of fifth tenth album.
Speaker 16: You know what I'm saying, you ever think about, because you have a lot of really cool jewelry, you ever think about buying like dupes, fake versions of what you already have, so in case you do lose one of them, like, you still get the jewelry.
Speaker 2: You still have the jewelry. But if you lose one, it's not that big of a deal.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, for sure, I've already I'm my people turn me onto this trick, and it's the greatest trick ever. They also taught me, no, I don't really buy real jewelry no more. Nobody would know the difference. Everybody would just assume it was real.
Speaker 2: And if people think you already had resources and rich, they just they especially assume it's real. Yeah, dang, So.
Speaker 9: They be disappointed one day if they're like, they're.
Speaker 2: Gonna praise it on them, I.
Speaker 9: Don't know if they get it and then they go try to do something like that. Dang, this is I see with the cmas.
Speaker 10: Now she's running up on them with a diamond tester.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 9: I'm just saying, like, if someone were to think they got something from.
Speaker 2: You and the thing, you know, I'm on Watchbusters, I saw the clip of you and fred Durston lit Biscuit and I thought that was personally freaking awesome.
Speaker 10: I lost my mind.
Speaker 2: How did that come together? And what did that feel like on stage with like Linda Sai's legendary guys.
Speaker 10: It was so cool. Fred hit me. I was like, hey, man, why don't you come sing behind Blue Eyes? And I was like, are you no way? He said? I think he said, do you want to sing with us? And I was like, of course, And I didn't know. I didn't care what he said. I would have sung break Stuff. Me and you talked about this. I would have came out and sung Nookie rolland he could have picked any song from the catalog I had just sung it. He was like behind blue Eyes and I was like, oh, what a moment. And then we went to the coolest moment I had was me, him and DJ Lethal rehearsed at just us three. They like played the track and we sung it like, you know, like man and it's just me, freddie D and DJ Lethal from House of Pain. You know what I'm saying in this room, just the three of us running through this song together, and the kid in me is like crawling out like everything about nineteen ninety eight, Jelly Roll wanted to just start kicking speakers. You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: What's what's fro Durst?
Speaker 10: Like the most down to earth clear eye dude I've ever talked to. Like thing Like, I'm a big, touchy, feely kind of guy and he is too. So there was moments I thought we were gonna wrestle.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: We were kind of elbowing each other. It was really cool. Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so where did that come from? And how did that experience? Because I haven't seen the clips. I just saw the headline you and I talked about you're gonna do it?
Speaker 10: If? Do you want to talk about a wild Friday night for me? I just won New Artist of the Year. I mean I just won uh Collab of the Year with Laney. I celebrated am after party. I won't give you too many details, but I can end it by saying me and King Brown versus Jason al Dean and Post Malone and like to the death beer pong, like just a credible night. I wake up and I go do kid rocks rock and Rodeo saw that too, which was so cool. He cowboy, Yes, We did Cowboy together. We spit bars back and forth, old school rap style. We jumped out of a cyber truck that was wrapped like the General Lee with John Snyder driving it. This is how unread. And then I get on a plane and I fly to do Hangout Fast with Line and we ended her set together doing Sweet Home Alabama. And the cool thing was she hit me and was like, would you come sing with me at Hangout Fasts? And I was like, God, I would love to. She's like, what do you think we should do? And I was just kind of like spitballing, and I'm thinking, like she's obviously a pop culture artist and I'm a country artist. But I'm like, I don't care who's in front of that stage. Leonard Skinner is gonna go this is Alabama, you know what I mean? Like we should do some skinnered and she was like, let's do Sweet Home Alabama. And I was like, hell yeah. And she's so sweet. I met her a stage coach. She's a huge fan of like country music and the spirit of country music, and her songwriting is always kind of catered to that style.
Speaker 2: Anyways, we listened a lot of her in the house, but even like her Take Me Home Country ROAs to John Denver cover she did super Cool. You're tour beautifully broken. I mean, you're at it and it's like touring, like rock star touring, sir, not Friday, Saturday, come home. Like you're giving the people lots of shows. It starts August twenty seven. That's a Tuesday, and people don't do Tuesday shows. But it's really great that you're going out and you're getting at as many these places as possible. Were you part of the routing where you had to pick the cities when you go or do you let them present that to you?
Speaker 10: I just kind of explained to them what my vision is, but I let them present it. I've learned from that. But for me, routing is about one. I think we're gonna add a bunch of dates onto this because that tour is about ninety five percent sold out, So I think we're gonna add some dates. But I love rock and roll style Torn Bobby and this might be two inside Baseball, but we talk about stuff like this on this show. I want to sit down and have a seminar with artists in town and sales pitch them on why they're doing it. Wrong. Right, We're renting buses for fifty two weeks a year. We're renting production trailer trucks for fifty two weeks a year, lights, video screens, We're paying people for fifty two weeks a year salary caps. And it's just it don't make any sense. Go out. I'm only gonna rent my bus and all these trucks and trailers for these ten weeks. That's it. I have a couple of rigs that'll fly for the one off like festival dates that make sense. But it's just economically, it makes more sense to go do it this way. And I know when I was a fan of music and they gave me a nine. We were back when they announced tours a year before. We looked forward to taking off school or work to go to a concert like it was something we planned on. We were like, oh, not only as Leonard Skinner coming, They're doing the Amphitheater on a Thursday. We're taking off Friday. You know what I'm saying. Immediately it was that kind of blue collar mentality. I just want I love that rock and roll style tour man.
Speaker 2: Financially, it makes sense because you're saying you're in a bus for fifty two weeks but use it for two days a week, when you could rent it for twelve weeks and use it for five nights a week. But you're only paying for twelve weeks of use instead of fifty two.
Speaker 10: Okay, And I didn't go to school or nothing.
Speaker 2: You know what shows you be on?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I didn't go to school, y'all. I'm not trained in this or anything. Don't take my advice, but I'm just telling y'all, is it whatever?
Speaker 2: Like any of these big shows or award shows or anything fancy, they ever call you mister role because they don't know what to call you and they have to give you.
Speaker 10: I get a mister roll a lot more than I ever thought. I get a lot of mister roles. Man. It's pretty awkward.
Speaker 2: But if they're just trying to be respectful, Like what are they sir? I mean, yeah, it's like you just say mister, unless they were like google your real name, but that would.
Speaker 10: Also feel and it almost sounds like missilete when they say it really sad, you know what I'm saying. It's just awkward. Uh.
Speaker 2: What's the difference in this tour and your previous tours? Like what if you tried to elevate the production. Yeah, but I've never done a full arena tour. I've always done arena amphitheater mixed tours, so I was always limited to the kind of this particular stage size and design.
Speaker 10: And for this one, man, I am really going.
Speaker 2: All out economically. Do you go, Man, I'm paying a lot for like pops and booms?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean is that?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 10: My thing is this though, is that that's an investment in the show, right, Like, I don't really care. I'll be okay, I own my master as God's bless me. I'm not. I don't even I make money on tour, but I don't I tour to continue to build for me. It's more like the old tent revival style touring. Anyways. We're just trying to bring the music to the people. Man, I don't I want to put on the best show. You remember, I'm the same guy that played the Rhyman Auditorium and built a trailer park on the stage at the Ryman Auditorium. I spent one hundred and twenty thousand dollars putting that show on and made forty.
Speaker 2: That was more than the trailer I lived in in the trailer park that I lived in.
Speaker 10: Dude, I'm telling you, dude, I spent a lot. I had the biggest production. I put a car on stage at the Rhyman Auditorium because it meant so much to me to do the Rhyme in the first time. I didn't care how much money I spent. I want to make sure the twenty four hundred people in there left like what the happened.
Speaker 2: I have three final questions for you on your rider. It give us a few interesting things that you have when you go somewhere that just makes you comfortable, so you'd like it whenever you arrive at as the venue.
Speaker 10: I've been getting a lot of heat for this recent that you might have seen the headline. But I only wear a pair of socks once. So I have new socks, new Boxers, and new T shirts on show days, so i'm show days. I take it to the next level. I wear a new Boxer's new T shirt every show day, and it's cool because you just get it the next city on the right or anyway, so you just throw them away.
Speaker 2: You got heat for oh okay, because I gets I get socks at every show because I'd be like, man, I just want to make sure I have socks and a toothbrush. Of there.
Speaker 10: I got heat because they asked me what my most frivolous expense was, and I said, I buy three hundred and sixty five pair of socks a year.
Speaker 9: You know what I'm saying, When did that start for you? Though?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 10: When did you years ago? That's what's even worse. My wife put me on double blast and was like, he does this with T shirts too, because I don't wear a lot of T shirts. Twice and she's like, he's done it since we were poor. I've just I believe fat people can't be fat and stinky, you know what I mean. I can't have stinky feet. I can't run around here with stinky tinks.
Speaker 2: Do you have any of you? Do you ever keep any memorabilia like that? Because if you know, you cut that up put on a card a jelly roll saying card game worn shirt is right, but you don't have to wear it again. You can put that out there like topsy game worn shirt clips.
Speaker 10: It's just this is you could see my salt ring around the navel from where I sweat through it.
Speaker 2: Did you say as any of the old poems you ord as a kid. Do you have any of those?
Speaker 10: No? I wish. I feel so bad that I don't even have any pictures from that era, Like I grew up in the eighties. If I see it, I don't. There's like a ten year stretch where I don't see a picture of me at all.
Speaker 2: There's a stretch where all of my pictures just say proof on it.
Speaker 10: Yep, that's the.
Speaker 2: Picture that happened like four or five years.
Speaker 10: They never actually bottle, never bottom me.
Speaker 2: It said proof on it.
Speaker 10: They would send the five sizes with the proof on each one. Your family would just keep them and they would frame them.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 10: You were as white trash is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got a whole.
Speaker 2: Section of the Proof years. Okay, final two. Are you constantly.
Speaker 12: That's sad, Bobby, that's normal.
Speaker 2: That was just it.
Speaker 10: I relate.
Speaker 2: That's like the first grade through seventh a proof year, and so we call them. Are you constantly filming because you're putting together another something?
Speaker 10: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, I'm always Well I'm filming too because I just I think about just we look back now. If this thing keeps going this way, man, I just want to own the footage. You know what I mean. They made a documentary about before the career started and felt like, you know, they ever come back around. I want to know that we got hours and hours of footage.
Speaker 2: Do you ever think about doing any acting?
Speaker 10: Love it? Talking to somebody right now about doing a TV show. It's really cool. I'm actually like having real conversations about being a part of a TV show.
Speaker 2: I'm doing like three episodes comedy, serious.
Speaker 10: Like to do. It's more of a it's more of a serious show. I'd like to do something more comedy. I think my music's so serious, but as a person, I'm a little more jovial, so I'd like to lean into that. I love comedy in general.
Speaker 9: Oh is it a new concept show or it's a show that's existing to.
Speaker 10: Show that exists. I just can't say it on this. I'll bring it here. I'll bring it here first.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. Friends. Yeah, they super imposed like some old Hulu episodes. Okay, The Beautifully Broken to our thirty seven dates as of now. More will be added, We're sure. Tuesday, August twenty seventh, it starts. You can go over to Jelly Rolls anything and it's all up there. I encourage you guys to go. It's such a it's like your shows are like going to church. Yes, but I even said that with the music is church now has a lot of great music too, so it's not even like church. With the music, it's like a it's a it's a it's like going to church, but like you know, the songs from like the radio that's the go.
Speaker 10: Yeah. My wife said it one time. I came off stage and she said, man, that was like church. This was seven eight years ago. We were playing a two hundred cap room in Kansas City, and I said, baby, I don't know if I like that reference and shall never forget. She said, this is the closest thing to church some of those people will ever come to. People heard God's name to night in the way they've never heard it in their household. Ever because of this concert, she's like your church for people who don't even know church is there. And ever since then, I've leaned into it. Jelly Roll love you, love you, baba, thanks for having me. Jelly Roll six one five Instagram. Go check out the tour. He doesn't even need you, he's already almost sold out, but he'd love you.
Speaker 2: He'd love to have.
Speaker 10: He'd love to tall, small, pickle big tall.
Speaker 15: Small all Right, jelly everybody, it's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 9: Alrighty y'all, that's it for me.
Speaker 3: I hope you have a fabulous weekend.
Speaker 8: You can come hang out with me at.
Speaker 9: Web Girl Morgan.
Speaker 4: You can follow the show on Everything at Bobby Bone Show. Thank you as always for being here. I'm so happy you are. Please have a great weekend.
Speaker 2: Be safe.
Speaker 3: I love y'all.
Speaker 1: Bye. That's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platform and followed web Girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.