Speaker 1: Hi, everybody. Welcome to another edition of Packers Unscripted from Packers dot Com. I am Mike Spofford. He is the one and only Weston Hodkowitz. We're coming to you, hear from our studios at lambeau Field to talk Packers Cowboys. It will be the NFC Wildcard playoff from AT and T Stadium Sunday. It's a three thirty Central time kickoff. And Wes you look at this Cowboys team in twenty twenty three, twelve and five, they win the NFC East Championship and everybody talking, of course about that eight to zero record at home. They've actually won sixteen straight home games now. Their last loss at AT and T Stadium was in Week one of last season to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Dak Prescott having I guess what would amount to a career year for him. He's the one. He's the guy that makes this engine go for Dallas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wrote in our insider inbox, Colm, I mean he is at the peak of his powers right now. I think you're seeing a guy that for a number of years showed a lot of promise. Obviously was a franchise quarterback, a starting level quarterback. But this year leading the National Football League in thirty six touchdown passes thrown forty five hundred yards passing, and his utilization of all those weapons around him, I think has really been a difference maker. Dallas, pound for pound, is one of the most complete football teams in this playoff. I mean when you look at what they can do to you schematically with their receivers. Tony Pollard is a very underrated running back. I felt like he'd spend that way for a number of years now, and as the Cowboys always do, the years change, but their offensive line has always been stout in my opinion of future Hall of Famer and Zach Martin there at right guard. So many things to like about Dallas, But at the controls is Dak Prescott and he's getting the most out of that unit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you mentioned leading the NFL in touchdown passes with thirty six. That's actually the second highest total in his career. He had thirty seven one other season. He has a one oh five point nine passer rating, which is a career high for him. And with those weapons. It starts with Cede Lamb one hundred and thirty five catches, seventeen hundred and forty nine yards twelve touchdowns. And then the number two guy is the state of Wisconsin's most famous grandson, Ferguson, with seventy one catches, seven hundred and sixty one yards five touchdowns. Those two combined for twenty five hundred of Zach Prescott's forty five hundred passing yards and seventeen of his thirty six passing touchdowns. And I don't want to take anything away from Ferguson, but when you watch the Dallas Cowboys and the big highlights, it's ceede Lamb. This is the this is the explosive weapon. This is the guy that changes games, changes field position, puts points on the board from anywhere on the field. And it's going to be really, really interesting to see. You had mentioned on our last show, Jayar Alexander coming back from the suspension seem like his shoulder was healthy, the way he was flying around on defense. This is the kind of matchup that jay R Alexander lives for. And you gotta believe that he's going to get a healthy dose of ceed Lamb on Sunday.
Speaker 2: After Yeah, I think the word I've been using all week, or the phrase I've been using is as much as schematically possible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to be lining up against Lamb.
Speaker 2: I think in a lot of ways, Chicago was a good preparation matchup opponent for Green Bay because Dallas is deeper. But again, much like DJ Moore and the Bears, everything runs through Lamb. I mean, you just don't roll out of bed and wake up and have one hundred and thirty five catches, seventy receiving yards and double.
Speaker 3: Digit touchdowns, right.
Speaker 2: The guy does it in all different kinds of capacities, and he can make every catch, he can run every route on the tree, and the bond that he's developed over the last three years with Dak Prescott is outer worldly and everything else builds off of that. I think you touched on Jake Ferguson. You know, just a blue collar, ready made Wisconsin football player that has gotten to Dallas and has taken his game to another level and has been able to sustain it.
Speaker 1: Guy can work the middle of the field and move the chains like he's He's not Travis Kelcey or George Kittle, but he's getting there.
Speaker 3: He gives them what they need.
Speaker 2: And Dalton Schultz was the guy there for years and They've had a lot of name brand tight ends. But I think over the last you know, two seasons, we've seen this, this kind of morphing of the passing game and how Ferguson has sort of turned into one of those go tos for them. Michael Gallup has dealt with some injuries in the past, has had some things.
Speaker 3: But as dangerous.
Speaker 2: Brandon Cooks is a guy that has done it at such a high level. The list goes on and on and on with this Dallas passing game, and because there is so much variance there, I think it's allowed Mike McCarthy to really open this thing up with him taking back the play calling. This year, there has been no I mean, they are fifth right now in total offensive yards. They are the highest scoring offense in the National Football the almost five hundred and fifty points scored this year. It is not a easy equation to solve, especially inside that stadium. But Mike, getting back to the original premise of your question, in these moments, you want your best on their best. Yeah, And to me, jyr Alexander is still very.
Speaker 3: Much the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah. When you when as you said, you look at the whole picture of this Dallas offense, like, oh, by the way, Tony Pollard has a thousand rushing yards and six touchdowns. And I know, a thousand yards maybe isn't what it was before now that there are seventeen games in the regular season, et cetera. But when the NFL is the passing league that it is, it still means something for a running back to get to a thousand yards. And Pollard has done that on a team that you know where you know, there's only one football and there's a bunch of guys that that crave that ball. And the other thing statistically, I'll mention too, that stands out to me about this Dallas offense. And I meant this, I believe. In one of the earlier Insider Inbox columns this week, the Cowboys scored five hundred and nine points this year, two hundred and ninety six. So if you want to go round numbers three hundred out of five hundred points in the first half, Yeah, these guys will jump on you and make you play from behind. That's what they like to do, especially at home. When you look at the scores of their home games at AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 2: Well, and just to quickly mention that peace on Pollard there, because you're right, a thousand rushing yards. This offense is different though than it was in the early days of DAK when it was.
Speaker 1: The when it was zekeke Elly's show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Pollard has a thousand rushing yards, Mike, as a team, they almost have two thousand though, because of how they can use a guy like CD Lamb in that, because of some of the multi dimensionality of Dak's Prescott's game, and that's what keeps a team honest, that's what allows you to open up some of those explosive opportunities. But dan Quinn, and I'm sure we'll pivot here to the defense shortly, but dan Quinn is one of the most brilliant, even handed coordinators in the National Football League and it's been that way for decade. But the thing about it is, as Matt Lafleuur talked about, based on their relationship in Atlanta, his defense has evolved. And again, when you look at what Green Bay has done well this season defensively, it's been when they've been staked to a lead and the defense can play with that. The defense can shut teams down. When you get into the red zone, you can kind of move your chest pieces a little bit more. Quinn is a master at that, and that's why again, this McCarthy offense and Quinn defense, they've together have been able to play off each other really.
Speaker 3: Well this season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good point you bring up about Green Bay's defense, because when you look at the twenty twenty three season, there were really only two games for me that come to mind where the Packers gave the Packers gave their own defense a lead and it got away, And it was early in the season in Atlanta and then late in the season in Carolina. But otherwise, when the Packers have built a lead offensively, the Packers defense has come right along and been able to been able to hold it in there. With regard to Dallas defense, the two guys, of course that get a lot of attention. Micah Parsons fourteen sacks. I believe Matt Lafleur called him a freak show accurate in his press conference. A guy who he lines up all over. He will rush the passer from anywhere. He's not a bad cover guy either when they decide to drop him into coverage. But he's so disruptive and so valuable as a pass rusher. He's almost always, you know, more often than not, certainly getting after the quarterback. And then the other guys you know, oh yeah, the Cowboys lose Trayvon Diggs, last year's you know, league leader in interceptions part way through the season. This year, they lose him for the rest of the year. And then all Deron Bland does is go out and get nine interceptions set an NFL record with five of those returned for touchdowns this season. Parsons in Bland are the guys that you have to know where they are on the field, and those are the guys who are the ultra ultra high impact guys on this Cowboys well.
Speaker 2: And there's one guy who lit not be overlooking him, and that's Rashid Walker. Who've seen Michaeh Parsons. He spent that time with him at Penn State, and I just had a lot of glowing things to say about him in the way the type of pro that he's developed into since he's gotten to Dallas. The thing I love about Parsons is that it's that he is the hybrid pass rusher. It was the way he was built coming out of school. He's going to be able to do everything for you. And again I'm just going to read off these stats because they're incredible. He has sixty four tackles, he has thirty three quarterback hits. Fourteen sacks, but thirty three quarterback hits. Some teams don't have thirty three quarterback hits for a season. I mean, like, just a remarkable amount of output. That he's had those sackyards, totally one hundred and fifteen tackles for lost eighteen and is also forced to fumble.
Speaker 3: But to look at what.
Speaker 2: They do with him is the brilliance in that defense. The fact that you can't just pinpoint him to one spot. He's going to move around, and I think that makes the pass rushers around him even better. I have been so incredibly press by Deron Bland, though, because I'll tell you this, Michael. Whether it's the Al Harris effect, whatever it is, the ballhawking abilities of these Dallas defensive backs over the last few years have just been extraordinary. In this day and age, now, quarterbacks are starting to lessen up a little bit. You're seeing a few more interceptions than you did per se five years ago, when Aaron Rodgers was sort of setting the standard of Hey don't turn over the ball at all. Guys are taking a few more chances, but it's still really rare to see a guy above that five interception threshold. Bland met that just with the touchdowns to be able to get to that plateau, right and then adding on the rest, this is a defense, and you made a great point when we did our three Things video on Wednesday. Their offense protects the ball, the defense takes the ball away. That's the bruprint. That's how you win football games in the National Football League, and it's something that Mike McCarthy and his team have done really well this season. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, with regard to the three Things video. I looked it up. The leg low this year in giveaways on offense was fourteen. Amazingly, that was the Houston Texans with a rookie quarterback. They were the league low and fourteen giveaways. The Cowboys only had sixteen. The Packers only had eighteen. So both the Cowboys and the Packers protected the football pretty well. From the Packers' point of view. When you look at this Cowboys defense and the way they've taken it away, you cannot stress enough how important it'll be to protect the football in this game. We don't talk much when we do these previews and looking at the opponent. We don't spend much time on the special teams on the other side. But there are a couple things that are worth mentioning here before we get to our keys to victory. Yeah, we will get too shortly. The Dallas Cowboys this year have blocked two punts, so the Packers need to be on their p's and ques with regard to punt protection. And I don't need to remind anybody how punt protection submarined the Packers' last appearance in the playoffs. Will leave it at that. The other interesting thing with regard to the Cowboys special teams is this rookie kicker, Brandon Aubrey. He's a twenty eight year old rookie. He was a soccer star at Notre Dame and then went into professional soccer.
Speaker 3: He played the MLS.
Speaker 1: Yeah, played professional soccer when he came out of Notre Dame. I think he came out of Notre Dame in like twenty sixteen or something. As I said, he's twenty eight years old. He's a rookie in the NFL. He had gotten into football playing for the Birmingham squad in the USFL. The Cowboys found him, brought him in, and prior to last week against the Washington Commanders, he was thirty five for thirty five on field goals on the season. Last week he had one blocked and then he also missed one that was actually under forty yards, his first two field goal misses of the season. So he's thirty six for thirty eight. But this is a guy who has been He has been a weapon, and he has been a consistent producer for a Cowboys offense that, as you mentioned, is the highest scoring in the league this year.
Speaker 2: So many points I want to make off of this. The first one is John Fossil one of the best in the business when it comes to special teams. And I give so much credit to Jerry Jones, his personnel department and Mike McCarthy. They thought outside the box this season because basically, Mike, they got torpedoed from the playoffs last year because of their kicking situation, and they had to find an answer for it. They waited, They waited a long time. They didn't go and sign a guy on the first day of free agency. They didn't bring in a veteran.
Speaker 3: They thought they had to think a little bit.
Speaker 2: Differently about how they wanted to approach this thing, and obviously that bet has paid off. And to see a guy like Aubrey come in and perform the way he has again it shows you there are so many different ways to go about this thing. The Green Bay Packers they have a punter too that came from the development leagues and sometimes especially at those specialist positions, Mike, there's only thirty two of them. There aren't a lot of opportunities, especially now with the COVID phase kind of ending. There aren't a lot on the practice squads anymore. You have to earn a job to keep a job in this league, and obviously Aubrey has done that. I do need to quickly touch on too, the Turpen kid, who I think also might have come from one of those development leagues too, if I remember correctly, their kickoff returner. He's only had ten opportunities this year. He made a bunch of buzz during training camp because he's five nine and one hundred and fifty pounds right, but almost averaging thirty yards per kickoff as well. They play good special teams and when Mike McCarthy went down there and he brought Fossil in as his special teams coordinator. They had that relationship already. I think you've seen that really grow. And I think he saw some of the things that went wrong in Green Bay during his time here, and I think he's kind of rectified them now that he's been in Dallas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, both of these teams with a rookie kicker, obviously, the Packers Andras Carlson. He's still working through some things, trying to get to a level of consistency that it appears Brandon Aubrey again, twenty eight years old, found it right away when he came into the NFL. And special teams, one way or another are going to be a factor in this game. It certainly feels that way to me. I'll take care of sponsor business here, Wes, and then we'll get to our keys to victory. Serious XMNFL Radio delivers hard hitting analysis and up to the minute NFL news that true football fanatics need twenty four to seven, three sixty five. And at Cousin Subs, we have something for everyone like our Wisconsin Cheese curds, mac and Cheese, golden fries, and creamy shakes, all paired with your favorite sub or sub in a bowl, cousin subs fifty years of better. All right, Keys to victory here, Wes, I'm gonna go I'm gonna start on this one and I'm gonna go back to I think I mentioned it on our last show. If I didn't, I know you and I talked about it, perhaps with the microphones off. But I see this game as one the way, with what the Cowboys have done all year on offense, with where the Packers currently are on offense over these last couple months, I see this as a game where both offenses are going to be able to move the football. And it just feels to me like this is a game that will be decided in the red zones. You have to be the better team offensively in the red zone. You have to be the better team defensively in the red zone. It's going to come down to who can finish drives and whose defense might be able to stop a drive and force a field goal. That is that difference of four points here four points there on the scoreboard. I think this is a red zone, you know, do or die type type of game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And for me, it all goes back to the original premise that we open the show with, and it's Dak Prescott. It's pressuring him, it's turning over the football, and it's being able to get those takeaways that maybe haven't always been there. This season when playing the Dallas Cowboys, one interesting thing I've noticed with them when you look at their season so far eighteen game seventeen games over eighteen weeks, only four times has he been held underneath a ninety passer rating. They've lost three of those. When you're able to get in completions, when you're able to get him in third and lungs, and obviously being able to get interceptions.
Speaker 3: That has been a huge key in catalyst to this thing.
Speaker 2: And the tangent that builds off of that is Ceedee Lamb. Now there isn't as many convenient stats with him. He's had big games where they've lost, he's had games where he hasn't really contributed that they've won. But if he goes off Michael, the job for the Green bit Packers gets exponentially more difficult. So containing those two I think is the biggest part. As you said, they're going to get yards, it's making sure that those yards don't turn into points, and in addition to the red zone, one of the best ways to do that is getting the football back in your quarterback's hands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think the other thing that goes along with that, with regard to Prescott and Lamb in this offense is the explosives, because we talk all the time about how does a defense respond after it gives up an explosive play. They can be really hard to bounce back from there, especially hard to bounce back from when you're on the road when that explosive play happens and the crowd starts going crazy and suddenly it just feels like everything is against you, and all of that momentum, you know, for the home team is moving along and it becomes very difficult to get stops trying to limit those explosive plays and make the Cowboys, you know, earn it. By moving the chains down the field is going to give you more opportunities to get the stops that are going to force field goals as opposed to giving them those those opportunities to get into the end zone. I mentioned obviously the turnover thing already. I think this game also if somebody commits a turnover one turnover in this game could be the difference. And as I mentioned on our three Things video, the Packers kind of got away with being that one team last week that committed a turnover against the Bears that was the only turnover in the game. The Packers were able to overcome it. It's going to be a lot harder to overcome that type of mistake in this game.
Speaker 2: And that's why it brings me to my last point here, and that's just play free. Don't play careless, but play free. Yeah. I mean, I don't want to use that expression about playing with house money, but you did sneak your way into the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: You are the seventh seed. Probably people are counting you out a little bit, especially considering you're playing Dallas on their turf. It's turf, get your grammar right West. The fact is that with the green Bay Packers, when they get into that rhythm we talk about the Dallas Cowboys putting up points early in the first half, When Green Bay puts up points early, when they can kind of get the snowball going a little bit, that's when this team is at its best. I really enjoyed what aj Dillon said at his locker. When he was addressing the media on Wednesday, he said, Hey, listen, we still have a goal of winning the Super Bowl. This wasn't just hey, we made the playoffs. Thanks, we'll see you later. You'll take your door prize and head home. No, they have big goals. They have a mission. There's an idea in the back of their minds that we knew what this quarterback was and we knew what we could do this season right off the gate, even if others didn't. This is their opportunity now to go up against a Dallas team with the weight of the worlds on their shoulders, with the expectations on their shoulders, with some stuff in the media already about hey, what does this all mean for Mike McCarthy if they you know, if they go out early, or how much they how far they make it. Green Bay is playing like a team that is the youngest in the National Football League, but not the shortest on experience. They've gone through all these trials and tribulations. Now now it's up to see what all those games and all those moments can kind of do to push them now to towards something special.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to ask you one more question with regard to the quarterback situation. We all know Jordan Love this will be his first, his first official NFL playoff game. I actually asked him if Aaron Rodgers had ever talked to him about his first playoff game, which he said he didn't. He didn't really know anything about it, and you know, which is fine. I wasn't gonna I wasn't gonna press him on it. But for those who remember it, of course, Aaron Rodgers threw an interception on his first playoff pass and then and then went on to put up forty five points, bringing the Packers back from twenty one points down in Arizona in the second half to get that game to overtime and unfortunately ended up losing it on a rather controversial non call. Anyway, I digress. My question to you with regard to the quarterback situation is with Prescott. Do you think he's going into this these playoffs not just for the Cowboys and the franchise and everything there, but as Dak Prescott going into these playoffs personally with something to prove he has. He has two playoff wins I believe in his career, but he has taken a lot of heat and a lot of criticism for the Cowboys exits in the playoffs. On his watch, it just this this situation strikes me as as one where the Cowboys quarterback is the one with a massive chip on his shoulder coming end of.
Speaker 3: This game, no no, no doubt. And I actually kind of liken it.
Speaker 2: The more I've been reading and the more I've been listening to stuff out of Dallas this week, It almost in some ways does remind me of Matt Ryan in twenty sixteen, which could, you know, be a positive for the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: In the long run.
Speaker 2: Ryan was kind of at that point where it was like, Okay, Atlanta's had some success, but are they really going to are they going to put something together?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are you going to prove it?
Speaker 3: Are you going to get to a super Bowl?
Speaker 2: And?
Speaker 3: Shoot, they almost won it.
Speaker 2: I think that's the moment that DAK is chasing, because let's be honest, Mike, it isn't just about Dak. It's when the when they made the move that, hey, Mike McCarthy is going to be the new head coach. Jason Garrett's out, We're going to go to Mike.
Speaker 3: All of this.
Speaker 2: The first thing Mike said I think almost in his press conference was how excited he was to work with Dak and build that relationship. They felt like they had their franchise quarterback. How do we get them to the next level now? How do we bring it there? Well, they're on the precipice now, but because of the way the league is gone, there is no number two by anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a wild card game.
Speaker 2: Against the number seven seed and you're going to have to go through the.
Speaker 3: Green Bay Packers.
Speaker 2: You're going to have to potentially go through you know, these squads to make a run at this thing, and every single one of these games is going to be a battle. So I think, yeah, I think it is a big test for Dak Prescott seeing exactly, Okay, everything you've done and the stats you've put together and the production that you've had with this team, three consecutive twelve win regular seasons, how far does that get you into January and February.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Cowboys. The Cowboys as a franchise, not only have they not won a Super Bowl or not yeah, not gotten to or won a Super Bowl since the nineteen ninety five season. That was the last time they actually made it to the NFC Championship game was back in nineteen ninety five. That's where why you know, all this pressure is on Dallas now heading into this game. It's going to be interesting to see how they respond, how the crowd responds. If if the Packers you know, take a lead in the third or fourth quarter, how does how does the crowd respond to that, and in terms of the home field advantage and whatnot.
Speaker 2: That reminds me, I don't think. I don't think I've covered lost in Dallas yet because my first game was twenty thirteen, the Matt Flynn comeback.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pack the Packers have not lost in that stadium.
Speaker 3: That's wild.
Speaker 1: So the first real Packers first game in that stadium was Super Bowl forty five. But yes, then, since then, there was there was the Matt Flynn game, there was the playoff game in sixteen. Two regular season games in seventeen and nineteen the Packers want, you know, the one with Rogers threw a late touchdown to DeVante Adams to win. To win one of those, Aaron Jones had, you know, like a four touchdown game down at AT and T Stadium. So Packers as a franchise have a lot of a lot of historical success in that building, so we'll see what happens before we go. I want to get your thoughts on some of the other wild Card games on what the NFL now regularly calls Super wild Card Weekend, with six games and all first on the NFC side. The Rams are at Detroit. The storyline is obvious rights itself, with Matthew Stafford, the former Lions quarterback, going back to Ford Field to try to ruin everything that the Lions have built in the thirty years of history that the Lions are working against to try to get a playoff victory. And then the other NFC game Philadelphia at Tampa Bay. Your thoughts on either of.
Speaker 2: Those Detroit and Rams is just the highest amount of drama that I think you could.
Speaker 3: Ever dial up for a while.
Speaker 1: Fascinating to me.
Speaker 2: Not hatred, but definitely drama. Yes, I think it's a trade that benefited both sides. You know, there's al always this idea of hey, who is the winner and a loser in a trade. I think it benefited the Lions and it gave Matthew Stafford an opportunity to go win a Super Bowl and kind of add to his legacy.
Speaker 3: But now you're running into that crossroads together.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Stafford still feels like he has plenty left and Detroit is finally in the playoffs once again, looking for that first playoff win in my goodness, my lifetime, I.
Speaker 1: Mean thirty two years.
Speaker 3: Yeah almost so.
Speaker 1: Their last playoff win was the nineteen ninety one postseason. Their last playoff home game was the nineteen ninety three postseason.
Speaker 2: I got it, which I do remember that one, but be that as it may have been an excellent football game. Excited to see Matthew Stafford back there and see where that takes it. Can Philadelphia get itself back on the tracks here?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Tampa Bay, by no means is a world beater. And if you leak out this early after having the season they had in the first half of the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Philadelphia Eagles were ten to one after eleven games. This what's interesting to me about this matchup, and that's the Monday Night one is Philadelphia at Tampa Bay. The Eagles have stumbled toward the finish line, and quite frankly, since you know the Baker Mayfield one fifty eight point three game at lambeau Field, the Buccaneers haven't done a whole heck of a lot. I mean, yeah, they ended up winning the division. You know, they shut out the Carolina Panthers, but after the win over the Packers, they had a loss in there. They haven't really looked all that impressive. These are two teams that are not they neither one is really going into the playoffs on some sort of a big high note.
Speaker 3: But somebody's gonna win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somebody is gonna win. And one of these two teams is going to be among the last four standing in the NFC heading into divisional weekends. So on the AFC side, I think all of these are really intriguing matchups. Cleveland at Houston, Miami at Kansas City, Pittsburgh at Buffalo. Your thoughts on any of those.
Speaker 2: Miami in Kansas City is a huge game because the Dolphins really felt like they were Super Bowl contenders, but they just weren't able to get over that hump. I think the stat that the NFL put out there one and five against teams in the playoffs right now, Kansas City has stumbled. They've had their own issues, but still have Patrick Mahomes who ultimately can be the equalizer for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the one in that Miami one and five was Dallas, but it was when they were They hosted Dallas a few weeks ago and that was their that was their one victory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the playoff team, and then they weren't able to double up on it and had the issues against Baltimore. But that's gonna be an excellent football game. Joe Flacco back in the postseason against Houston should be.
Speaker 3: A lot of fun.
Speaker 1: What a what a quarterback matchup Joe Flacco, you know, off the couch to lead Cleveland to the playoffs against the off the presumed offensive rookie of the year in CJ. Stroud. You talk about two, you know, diametrically opposed quarterback situations, Flacco against Stroud. It's it's it's pretty interesting.
Speaker 2: And I'm happy for Stroud. I wish him a lot of success. I think he's gonna be fun to watch for years to come. I need Joe Flacco to win this, I need Kansas City to win this, and I need Buffalo to take care of business. All right, and then we got Joe Flacco going back to Baltimore in an AFC Divisional playoff game would be unbelievable.
Speaker 1: There you go, especially.
Speaker 2: Consider he wasn't playing football three months ago. But hey, and then I'm cheering on Pittsburgh too. Pittsburgh got the Packers into the playoffs. Let's see if they can create some magic over an Orchard Parker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, I think that Pittsburgh Buffalo matchup. You know, Josh Allen seemed to have the Buffalo Bills rolling, then didn't play very well in the first half against Miami with the division title online. Then they got it together in the second half and and they got the points that they needed to be able to win that game. And Pittsburgh, you know, for for everything with you know, changing offensive coordinators and all this, and Mason Rudolph has suddenly given that offense new life. It's like the Steelers, the Steelers are a completely different team and the but then defensively, they won't have TJ. Watt because of because of the knee injury. I heard has already been ruled out for that game. So that's a that's a major injury.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're going up there.
Speaker 2: It's it's a mighty mighty climb for them, especially with the way Buffalo has played over the last five games, but still be a lot of fun to watch.
Speaker 3: I'm excited. It's a good it's a good weekend slate of games.
Speaker 1: And then and the Tyreek Hill revenge game at Arrowhead Stadium too, with with Tyreek Tyreek Hill going back to h to face the Kansas City Chiefs. Lots of really, really good storylines here on Wildcard.
Speaker 3: The scriptwriters did a good job this year. Michael. Let's see what they got written for us this weekend.
Speaker 1: All right, with that, we are gonna call it a wrap on this edition of Packers Uns Grip. I'd be sure to follow all of our coverage of the team and of the big wild Card game down in Dallas. We will have it all for you on Packers dot com for Wesiammike. Thank you for tuning in everybody. We will see you next time.