Speaker 1: Hey guys. First things first, it's one oh five a m. And we had zero intentions of doing another podcast.
Speaker 2: Less than zero.
Speaker 3: Less than zero.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, one of the three core hosts still said, f you, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 2: Literally third of us, no, no, I've done.
Speaker 1: But two thirds of us plus family and friends, need you to know.
Speaker 4: There's an emergency.
Speaker 5: After years literally years of gambling in Vegas and being made fun of my two best friends for having a cribbling gambling addiction, I somehow made this the trip where I was going to learn craps.
Speaker 4: And when I tell you that we.
Speaker 1: Just held court at a crops table at the bottom of the Fontaine Blue Hotel, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's for five hours.
Speaker 1: For four to five hours, we are up thousands of dollars.
Speaker 6: We are signing off of this podcast because.
Speaker 4: I don't need it anymore work anymore.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, all right, it's It's Jensen, producer host podcast. It's important that we first addressed that gambling isn't always fun. You can become addicted, you can have a problem, and people lose money if you have an addiction. Right, if you have an addiction, there's gamblers anonymous and you can reach out to them through Google, but I could also give a phone number later in this podcast.
Speaker 4: Sure or something. Figure it out.
Speaker 6: It's funny.
Speaker 3: Hold on, hold on, it is one eight hundred and sixty six to help. Okay, I'm moving on, and that's a very important thing.
Speaker 6: But but we a.
Speaker 4: Thouons of dollars.
Speaker 2: That was the most fun I've ever had an a casino in my life.
Speaker 3: And I'm including strippers.
Speaker 2: Wow, that was seriously the most fun. By the way, I'm sitting here with my wife.
Speaker 4: I just turned and looked at Susan. Susan, what do you think about that?
Speaker 6: Huh?
Speaker 3: To give you a feeling, the entire crew, which involves the hosts myself, all husbands and wives, as well as Angel and Tony who do our video content, and Tara, who's one of our producers, everyone was gambling at the same table. It'll probably be on the on the Vegas News.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we gotta mention Jonathan.
Speaker 3: And Jonathan who's a fan of the podcast. He plays Johnlio from the NFL.
Speaker 2: Seven number seventy six, who played for the Raiders, played for the Bills, played for He's been a huge fan of Boy Me World huge fan of Podmetorth.
Speaker 3: He will come on eventually. Yes, yes, he was.
Speaker 2: The NFL player that was That was a picture was taken of him walking in to training camp.
Speaker 3: Wearing a Pod Meets World merch which is great. But more importantly, he made us again. And I don't mean to really bring it up again, but I need people to understand he made us thousands of dollars. Okay, so everyone, every one of our team, so from host to husband's spouse, wife, producer, U, social, everyone was in and I'm going to tell you everyone one thousand. It is so shocking that people walked by and were like, the boy meets World people are winning tons of money and and Danielle's s eating grin of finally she has brought other people into her addiction watching people.
Speaker 1: Writer writer sitting across from me at first with a scout what's that the time like this?
Speaker 6: Did you hear him talking?
Speaker 2: But again where I'm like, somebody said to me like, hey, so why are you putting the money down?
Speaker 6: I went I don't know.
Speaker 2: They went, well wait, why'd you pick that up? I went, oh, I don't know, And they're.
Speaker 6: Like, well wait you doubled down and lie like I did.
Speaker 3: They're like why.
Speaker 6: I was like, I don't know. Rider.
Speaker 2: I just heard talking to the guy running the tables, like exactly.
Speaker 3: Why are you putting money on.
Speaker 2: This number as opposed to this? Not why over heres, but where I'm just going. I said to somebody like, hey, what's going on? I went, When I cheer, they put more money down. When everyone goes oh, they take it away.
Speaker 3: And so I just don't give, don't do the off, don't.
Speaker 6: Do the alle and it's the best game ever.
Speaker 3: Okay, So for those who don't play craps, it's a dice game where you to hit a certain number and then you I still don't understand the roles. Thousands of dollars.
Speaker 6: I still don't understand what happened.
Speaker 3: People will say like, oh, I think they're going to hit an eight, and then you can guess on how they're going to hit that eight two four's or you know, it's all odds based on who's going to roll the dice. You don't want to roll the seven. At some points, it's a it's a complicated dance at some point, right, at some points you like it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was gonna say, at some points, people are going yay, and other parts are going to the same exact number.
Speaker 3: I'm going to give a statistic, and I want you guys to tell me if you think I'm lying. We lost fifteen percent of the time and we played for hours. Are you yeah? I think that's accurate.
Speaker 2: They just kept handing out money, and I was like, how does how is Vegas a thing? Like? How do we not just everyone surround these tables and all the people hand out money.
Speaker 1: Also, I want to talk to Angel, who also has never played craps, And earlier tonight she said, I'm gonna go and play some roulette.
Speaker 4: I love Roulette.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna pop over there for a minute. We were Jensen and I were playing Ultimate Texas Hold Them. She disappeared for six minutes.
Speaker 6: It was like seven seven, Okay, I lost my car.
Speaker 1: And then she came back and she was like, all right, it's not gonna be a problem. I'm gonna I'm gonna make that back, but I am. It is a bad sign when the dealer says, maybe you should go try your numbers at another table.
Speaker 3: That is what happened.
Speaker 1: The dealer said, you know what, you should go over there, try it over at that table.
Speaker 2: Because you thought of just eating pizza instead of how much did you lose?
Speaker 4: Well, I lost five hundred. You lost five hundred dollars in like seven minutes. Yes, it was so fast, Yes it was. It was very quick. So I went to go find my friends and I found them at a table yep. And then we were passing the craps table and I was like, well, you know, I've always wanted to play craps yep. And I looked at Danielle and she's.
Speaker 1: Like me too, and this, this, and then to be it was like me three and there was so there was everything.
Speaker 4: There were three tables.
Speaker 1: Two of the other tables were already full, and this was an empty table. And so we were like, it's an empty table. If we just walk up and say, we don't know what we're doing, we've never played this game before, yep, could we could you help us?
Speaker 4: And he goes, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 1: All you need, Yeah, he goes, all you need is money, and I said, I'm your I'm your.
Speaker 3: Girl, I'm your girl.
Speaker 1: I do that, your girl, I'm girl.
Speaker 4: Here's some money. And then he.
Speaker 1: Started like trying to tell us. He's like, all right, here's what you're gonna do the first person's gonna roll. And then the cool thing about the dice is that it goes around in a clockwise fashion, so everybody gets a chance to roll.
Speaker 4: It's oh, there's a lot. When when then it started get and full.
Speaker 1: We had a full table, no room to buddy in and put your money.
Speaker 6: I also got the greatest nickname I've ever had.
Speaker 4: Can we let Susan tell it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 7: God, handsome man.
Speaker 2: They were just cheering handsome man as I rolled the dice.
Speaker 6: It was the greatest thing.
Speaker 2: I was like, wait a second, so everyone's calling me handsome and then just handing me cash.
Speaker 6: This is the greatest thing ever.
Speaker 2: I also shout out to the Fountain Blue because so far we've Susan and I have sat down now at two games. Are come to two games, and they've just taken the time to be like, oh, let us teach you how to play, and all of the dealers here are like, we we want you to win.
Speaker 3: I tell you how much I can I can send up how much money we made. This is not an ad will out of nowhere just praised a billion dollar hotel. We don't get paid for it at all, other than the idea that we're all just.
Speaker 4: We need a lot of money to be here.
Speaker 3: Actually, yes, it's costing us money to promote them. So I do also want to say that we have been awake since five am.
Speaker 4: Basically, I also have to play out I woke up at five am.
Speaker 1: I it is now one fifteen AM, and I'm still aware. I was gonna say the same first time I put on at six am.
Speaker 2: First time in thirty some odd years, I've seen Danielle wear the same clothes for all day long. I've never seen that once in my life, to the point where I thought it was a mistake.
Speaker 3: There are people, there are people in Las Vegas who at around seven or eight am saw Danielle playing cards in this outfit. They don't know what happened the rest of the day, but they walked by her at eleven thirty pm and she was wearing the same outfit while gambling while playing craft.
Speaker 2: That was It was the again, no joke, the most fun I've ever had. It was so we were crying, laughing, shout out to whoever Fred is okay.
Speaker 4: So we got to talk about our friends.
Speaker 3: To talk about Fred.
Speaker 1: A lot of friends at some really fun things that happened at a craps table is that you may start playing with like two hundred dollars and you're like, whoa, look at this, I've now got four hundred dollars. And then somebody walks up next to you and they're like hi, and they laid down like four thousand dollars to play with, and you're like, oh, oh, we're playing the same game.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay. Fred Fred walked up God bless Fred.
Speaker 1: Laid down two to four grand I don't know exactly what it was. They gave him tons of chips and he then littered the craps table with one hundred dollars chips.
Speaker 2: Well, you notice the people, the dealers at the table knew his name, right. That's got to mean something when you walk up to table and they go hi, friend.
Speaker 4: Hi Frid.
Speaker 3: No, something's up.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: So fred Fred started hitting. He was betting low high, and he had like.
Speaker 4: One hundred dollars on low high.
Speaker 1: Don't know what that is, okay, So either low or high, it's either gonna be.
Speaker 3: What is that going to be?
Speaker 4: It's going to be a two lowest number or one the highest number. High or low.
Speaker 3: You're betting on the two in the twelve, the two and the Is it just the.
Speaker 6: Two and the twelve? Yeah, so if you get an eleven or ten, it's not high level.
Speaker 3: That one, not that one. Wow.
Speaker 1: And if you hit that whatever he was getting, he was getting like three thousand dollars back from that one chip he was playing.
Speaker 2: Did you see at one point they were giving out so much money at our table.
Speaker 4: They had to refill our Not only did they have to.
Speaker 2: Refill our chips, but there were four dealers going like doing mass in front of us.
Speaker 6: Wait, this person gets.
Speaker 3: Six hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: So I was so Susan and I walked over and we again like you guys when you came over, had no idea how to play craps in any way, shape or form. And then if I understood the rules, we were standing there watching you.
Speaker 6: You sit there and you go yeah, and they hand you money, right, yes, right?
Speaker 3: So what I look like? Yes, you know what?
Speaker 6: Literally what it looked like.
Speaker 3: Okay, So that sounds like a hyperbole. If you walked by us at any point tonight. With the many people who listened to this podcast who were like, yeah, I saw you guys playing craps, it looked like we were doing a scam and waiting and waiting for people to walk up and go I'd like to do this, and we all go wow, and then we steal their money and we were all in on it. Yeah, weird. It looks weird, truly.
Speaker 1: There was then an audience of people who we were that table tonight that people were like.
Speaker 4: Did you look at that table we.
Speaker 3: Dominated.
Speaker 4: I had to pee the hour whole time, five hours, and I would not leave.
Speaker 3: No, no, no.
Speaker 1: I was like, guys, I'm gonna either pass out or pee my.
Speaker 2: Pants exactly, but that's gonna cost me fifteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Danielle was up a couple thousand. At one point she looked at me and she goes, I'm gonna have to pass out if I want to leave this table. She was like the Cory Booker of Vegas. She's like, I'm not leaving this podium until I die.
Speaker 2: It was the most instant and again, I still don't know how to play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is actually true. Thing is actually true.
Speaker 6: Still have no idea how to play.
Speaker 3: Will Will won a very large amount of money and has no idea what he did. No, I don't know how you would do that. So also there was we had how many players amongst us? We probably had about eight.
Speaker 1: Players Fred Guy next to Fred, next to Fred Oh in our camp, Okay, Will and Sue, Danielle and Jensen, Tara, Nick, Angel writer Alex that's nine.
Speaker 3: It's about eight nine players. Yeah, everyone everyone came. I've never heard of that.
Speaker 1: The minimum amount of money one was a few hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: I started with sixty dollars, like I was looking. I walked up and you all had do you remember when you were a kid and they were there was those tiny those tiny little black caps that you would light that would grow into snakes, snakes. It looked like everybody lit their their chips on fire and giant snakes had appeared of the chips.
Speaker 6: I mean, at one.
Speaker 2: Point I looked over to Angel and she had two rows and I went, I literally went, how much do you have there?
Speaker 3: And she went, I don't know, and she started with like thirteen dollars.
Speaker 6: Say that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I started with sixty dollars, and at one point I literally went, I'm gonna stop counting.
Speaker 6: And then there's they they tell you things and you just believe them.
Speaker 1: Yet yeah, so you don't give me sixty, bus y gim me so the dealers wait, hold on, so you know, hold on.
Speaker 3: The dealers are making change. They're making change live on the run. But they'll but they'll turn to Dan yell and go give me sixty, and she'll give them sixty and then they'll handle one hundred and twenty. She was great, Yes, it doesn't question, it doesn't anything.
Speaker 6: Question.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what is you owe me fifteen? Okay, you give me fifteen, I give you one hundred and twenty?
Speaker 6: Sure like you have.
Speaker 3: None of it makes any sense worth noting, okay, also worth noting a large I'd say eighty percent of our camp knew nothing that was going on while they were getting money, and then no one was Everyone was too nervous to talk about it because we thought we'd jinxed it. Yeah, exactly. So like everyone was like, wow, this is fun and like just sort of like staring at this is great. Huh like how uh, yeah, I'm doing okay.
Speaker 8: Like my favorite change mistake that happened was the dealer said to me, he has he put one hundred dollars out in front of me, A hundred dollars chip, and he goes, give me two, and I handed him two greens, which was twenty five.
Speaker 4: Yet so I handed him fifteen. He goes two dollars. Oh, that's a better deal for me.
Speaker 6: You have no idea, you don't.
Speaker 2: It's there's times where they went you won, and I'd look at somebody like congratulations.
Speaker 6: You're like, no, you won, and I'm like oh.
Speaker 2: And then they hand me a stack of stuff and you just put it with the rest of your stuff and assume that's normal.
Speaker 3: A guy passed. I did hear one guy passing, go Wow, they're having a lot of fun. What's going on there? One guy goes, I guess the penga is winning.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, did you hear the one?
Speaker 2: Do you hear the one? At one point the dealer looked at her. We're sitting here, and he handed. So it's now Danielle's handsome guy had which gave him way better than fat smelly guy, which is what I came better than and better than for handed daniel the dice and the pit boss goes well.
Speaker 6: Classes in session.
Speaker 3: It was insane.
Speaker 4: It's such a surreal nice.
Speaker 3: If anyone saw us, you will have some sort of information that we would have to bet. But if you saw this group playing, it looked so insane.
Speaker 2: Our new friend Jonathan, the professional football player who just retired, he did so well his run.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, let's explain that. So he bet on something that again not a lot.
Speaker 4: Of people can get me.
Speaker 6: Starnu, did you get screwed with?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Yes, she didn't play it. So here's what happened. You can bet one, two, three, four, five, six to role that happens in a session before you hit a seven.
Speaker 4: You're betting on all those numbers. That's called the.
Speaker 3: Low the low okay, two, two, three, four, five six.
Speaker 6: Then you're betting all those hit before a seven pay.
Speaker 3: Then there's another chance to do. There's the heighs eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve before you hit a seven. So you can bet those twenty five dollars I think is pretty much the minimum. Those are five five dollars. Those are thirty to one, so it's thirty to one that you'll hit those numbers before you get a seven. But there's also a center.
Speaker 1: Section all twelve or all eleven, eleven of those numbers, ten.
Speaker 3: Of yeah, ten of those numbers before.
Speaker 4: You grow, and that pays one hundred and.
Speaker 3: Fifty to one, So again.
Speaker 1: I started playing that bonus. It's a minimum of five dollars each. I was playing that every single hand, and the dealers, as we're talking about when they make change, they were doing things to me like here you go, all right, you won on your pass line because he rolled a seven and we don't have a number out, so you won on that, but you want your bonus, right because now that bonus, now that you've rolled a seven, that bonus is good. So they were making change for me just assuming I wanted it on there, and I was like, great, yes, because I want to play it every single time. Then when we see that the low six hits, I'm bladder full, jumping around, dractically peeing myself.
Speaker 3: That was a hugging strangers. It was. It was she was all in.
Speaker 1: And I was all excited about it, and then they were like you're not on it.
Speaker 4: It's like wo, wo, what do you mean? I've been on it every single time all night happened.
Speaker 1: So basically, you know how often they changed the people who are working there.
Speaker 4: Some dealers are.
Speaker 1: Really good about being like you like to be on the bonus, and others are just like you didn't, and so I didn't pay attention, didn't realize I missed the bonus, and they didn't think to remind me.
Speaker 3: So what's their fault.
Speaker 4: It's my bet that hits just the annoying.
Speaker 3: So he hit not only the first front, he hit the back front and the one.
Speaker 4: And he had way more money on it than I would have.
Speaker 2: No euphemism implied. His big black snake was huge because it was all the black chips. It was all hundreds, and it was like, I mean, it was just watching they just if this is Las Vegas, I'm never leaving.
Speaker 3: Right, thank you. The irony of Danielle watching all of you slowly become gambling. I saw it in her face. She would look at me and she go, I did this, I have done this.
Speaker 6: I'm just everyone was having the changed my clothes again, like.
Speaker 1: I What I will say is that I know without a shadow of a doubt, just like when we took the kids to Mexico and we swam with dolphins. I was like, that's a core memory I'm keeping forever. That was a great moment tonight.
Speaker 4: Core memory.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I will remember.
Speaker 4: The night I learned I'm using air quotes.
Speaker 1: Yes, I learned to play craps with this group of people in this amazing place.
Speaker 4: It was like it was a literal dream.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this was so much fun.
Speaker 1: And now tomorrow we have WrestleMania. That's right, when I say tomorrow in twelve hours.
Speaker 6: I have that core memory.
Speaker 2: It's also it's intertwinement the core memory, because again I had sixty dollars when I started, and I.
Speaker 4: Was slowly dwindling.
Speaker 2: So I turned to my loving wife and I said, here's my ATM card. Can you go get me some more cash. She came back four times to ask the pin number. And it's the same pin we use for everything, Susan, She kept whispering it back.
Speaker 7: Wait, in all fairness, you take the same four numbers and you flip flop them, sometimes depicding one of.
Speaker 2: The two two of the numbers are switched, of which I told you three, and you're like, give me it one more time.
Speaker 6: I'm like, babe, it's four numbers.
Speaker 3: At this point.
Speaker 2: If we're if we're like deactivating nuclear missiles, everybody's dead.
Speaker 3: By this point, remember she was learning craps at the same time.
Speaker 6: No, she hadn't even jumped in by this point.
Speaker 4: So many numbers.
Speaker 7: There were so many numbers. And then I went to the machine and put the wrong numbers in several times and was running the risk of losing the car.
Speaker 4: I thought might happen, and.
Speaker 2: Then but whispered to me overtime, You're like, babe, at this point, it's your problem.
Speaker 6: I don't know what's happening right now. I thought they would take the car.
Speaker 3: It was great. Well again, if you gamble long enough, you will lose all of your money. It's pretty much guarantee. It's absolutely you or anyone you know is having trouble finding a meeting for gamblers anonymous, you can call one nine nine nine three one nine five six or reach Gambler's anonymous national hotline at eight five five two two two five five four to two for assistance. But some nights are great.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it is super it is.
Speaker 2: It's honestly really easy to see how it became because the highser.
Speaker 6: We're sitting there screaming, we're shouting. It's a It was a wonderful moment.
Speaker 1: Our friend Nick, who was there literally never he never gamble, he's never gambled in his knife, and he goes, there's no way I'm going to be able to not jump in at some point because I was crazy. He goes and honestly I could use the money, and I said, don't say.
Speaker 6: That, please, don't put do it.
Speaker 4: He was like, my cat.
Speaker 1: Needs medicine, and I was like, dude, I will buy your cats medicine.
Speaker 4: Don't jump in. But he had to and he won three hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: Everyone won. It's crazy also, Bread, which is the name I gave the guy. Every time Fred won thousands and thousands of dollars, Yeah, he would then send us around two hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: He would just throw out money because his cat needed surgery, but he covered it by that point.
Speaker 1: So yeah, whenever someone the dice roller would win Fred thousands upon thousands.
Speaker 6: Of dollars thousands of dollars loss.
Speaker 1: Them two hundred dollars, and most people bet like played it on the ground on my table during my run.
Speaker 2: I rolled to twelves with him on it to the point and he was like, I don't know what he's like.
Speaker 3: He did, We're.
Speaker 6: Jumping up and down. It was so much fun.
Speaker 4: It's one of the great things about crops too, is that you're all in it together.
Speaker 1: Like he had the kindest table somebody would roll a seven and Jenson would be like, still a great guy.
Speaker 2: The one of the funniest things I heard all night was not only that you named next to.
Speaker 3: Fred, oh right, we didn't know everyone's name.
Speaker 2: That became then next to Fred and the next to Fred's wife.
Speaker 3: But then we found.
Speaker 2: Out next to Fred's wife was Britney, and you just had every Britney spirit.
Speaker 3: You're done with conservatorship. I mean it was I also point yell, she deserves the name.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: It was like it and again it went on for hours. They're for hours hour.
Speaker 2: Daniel literally has permanent bladder damage, as does Tara producer Tara, the two.
Speaker 6: Of them looking and it's like, you get to the point.
Speaker 2: I looked over at Tara and she's just scooping in money and she looks at me, but she's also pained because she's like, oh.
Speaker 3: Do you know how it just happening inside? Do you know how long you guys gambled? I have the perfect metaphor, Oh no, you guys gambled so long that the real d bags who walk around with your photos and the blue pens to get them signed, sat and walked away. Eventually, Oh, they were watching y. Yeah, they were waiting went on so long. They were waiting for you to finish gambling and they were like, yeah, we can't, or they were like these people, yeah, these people have problems.
Speaker 4: I don't even want their autograph anymore.
Speaker 3: I'm more concerned for them. They wrote an autograph for you, and it was the phone number for Gambler's anonymous, which is one to two, two five five, four to two. That was fun. Let people know. Tomorrow we're gonna put this out, and then tomorrow the final interview episode comes out. The final interviews are with Tiffany Stratton and Dan Housen.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and the interviews all the way around, and then tomorrow to cap.
Speaker 3: This off, one big WrestleMania, Rider's first WrestleMania, My first WrestleMania. This is going to be just so much fun.
Speaker 1: What a weekend, an incredible end, weekend memories forever. I can't believe writer didn't want to participate in this emergency podcast.
Speaker 3: It's an emergency. Also, we'll do an emergency when we lose all the money, we'll do another.
Speaker 2: Exactly apparently Rider as Healthy Cats, right, yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 4: I'm going to go sleep for about eight hours.
Speaker 6: Okay, and for the love of God, change your outfit.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna burn it.
Speaker 6: I can't anymore.
Speaker 1: I can't ever be photographed in it again. I was gonna say, by the way, for everybody, my craps outfit.
Speaker 2: Everybody in the podcast world, she's literally wearing a Yale shirt. Gone to Yalepanga should have gone to Vegas is.
Speaker 3: What Tapanga should have done, exactly.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you guys, thanks for thanks for listening to this nonsense emergency. Pod Meets World is an iHeart podcast produced and hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfredell and writer Strong Executive producers Jensen Karp and Amy Sugarman, Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor Tara sudbachsch producer, Maddy Moore, engineer and Boy Meets World superfan Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon. Follow us on Instagram at Pod Meets World Show, or email us at pod Meets World Show at gmail dot com.