Speaker 1: That's a hell of a job, hell of a win.
Speaker 2: Two and oh, Cam Jordan, want't you break them down? Captain, my captain.
Speaker 3: As long as they come, man, I don't care how win comes, as long as it does come through this door. As Hey, that's Saints. That's what we strive for us. We're looking for wins.
Speaker 1: Now. All four quarters ain't gonna be cleaning, ain't gonna be perfect. As long as we close out, that's what matters. Four quarters ends.
Speaker 2: We look up the scoreboard, they says, Saints, dub that's all we care about.
Speaker 1: Let's keep on striving work and we got plenty stuff to work on, plenty stuff to clean.
Speaker 3: Up now, so to keep seeing them. W's on the boards, right, Let's work together. Now say.
Speaker 1: Welcome on in This is Off the Edge with Cam Jordan's episode two. I'm excited this week. We just took down the Carolina Panthers. They got a former note, former number current number one overall draft pick and Bryce Young. They've got Chubba Hubbard, Miles Sanders from Philadelphia's now there as their primary back. You've got you know, DJ Shark formerly from Jacksonville. They have offensive weapons, or they had offensive weapons, but they had to come face the Saints defense, and we showed up to play four sacks. It should have been a Brian Berze Cameron Jordan's sack fumble via Cameron Jordan, but penalty happens, and penalties will happen. Took that away. So it is what it is. I'm sure there was four or five pressures my way, but we'll talk about you know what, do I prefer pressures or sacks, whatever it is. Would you like to stack, you know, stack the stats or win? And I'd want to win. So I'm here for this win however they come. As long as they keep coming to come in bunches, I need these wins to come my way. Thank you. I can't wait to talk about so much more than just this game. We're gonna talk about how I feel about turf versus grass. We're will talk about another you know, one of my friends are gonna pop up on the show to talk about what he likes because we all watch films as NFL athletes. As a pass rusher, I like to see other pass rushers succeed because if they can succeed and I can take their moves and I can have more success, that what it's all about. That's what I want to do. I just want to see your best pass rusher succeed. I grew up watching guys like Chris Dowman, you know, John Randall got to the league, you know, and and started looking at Julius Peppers. I started taking moves from each and everybody, Klais Campbell when he was in Arizona. I love watching current guys. Now you're Josh Allen's over at Jacksonville, the Max Crosby's, the Matthew Judon's, the TJ. Watts. I enjoyed just watching defensive ends and quote unquote edge rushers succeed. So, you know, as we go on, I just want to have a little fun with this, and I'm gonna bring in. You know, my producer from time to time is gonna pop up. You may not see him, you may see him. His name's Thomas. He's got a bald head. He's a good guy. Though.
Speaker 4: Hey, man, not all of us have the locks that you got.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: You know, we come in, Hey, we come in and we get right. In fact, normally I like to get right during the week, so I don't have to get right game day. I had to get right. I was in North Carolina and I was like, you know, I had braids in previously. Once I get like, you know, two weeks in, I'm sort of over them. When you can't we can't see that new girlth you can't see the scalp anymore, it's time for him to go. In my book, some guys defer whatever it is. My preference keep it clean. Why because when I was growing up, my mother was a hairdresser for a time, and she would get on you know, she would get on her case about it. So whenever I see, you know, even when I had dreadlocks, if I can't see my scalp, I'm like, hey, it's time for a new retwist. And That's where I'm at with it. Game day, Monday morning, I'm in a chair getting right before team meetings start off, which is you know, I'm in a chair by seven thirty, eight o'clock, I'm out the chair by nine. I'm at team meetings by nine thirty. You know, things I have to do. And then you know, you look good, you feel good, you feel good, you'll play good, you'll play good, they pay good. You know whatever. You know?
Speaker 4: Prime said, Well, so when do you decide what hairstyle are you going to go with for the season for the season.
Speaker 1: That just happened somewhere in the off season. I'm like, I wake up and I'm like, this is what I'm doing. It's it's not much thought to it. And you know, I'm married four kids. So the wife is like, why don't you ever consult me? Well, if I've never consulted you, why would I start consulting you. You know, I said, the only thing I'm not allowed to do at my house is do what you're doing right now that this this clean look. That's like, you know, maybe you have chin here, so like I can I can rock that? Yeah, Jack, she doesn't enjoy the clean face, like that's her Like one rule. I showed up. We were we were living in Spain this offseason. Was in there for two months, a month and a month in Madrid a month and uh Barcelona, Barcelona, a week in Bilbio, a week in a visa, and I shaved my face off, woke up, walked on over and she was like, nah, nah, that was the only kickback that I've ever received in my like eight or nine years of being together. Uh, you know, married for the last four five, and then she said, why why don't you do this to me? Out of all the looks that I've had, no facial hair being a for existence.
Speaker 4: So people can't see behind you. So there are two two pieces of artwork behind you. One you have a mini fro and what is that what you call a food manchuw kind of look.
Speaker 1: No, no, like that was just that was just like you know some old school nineties R and B had like a little soul patch connected to the beard with a little mustache, and then you know the other the other one I had. I had the twisting mustache, curling mustache and disgusting like you know, like with with the wax you could you could make it really cool. And then I had a long beard like it was my pirate vibe. I woke up and I was like, I like, I want to be a pirate. I was like, how do I give the best version of Captain Hook if he was a vicious savage football player.
Speaker 4: We're gonna get this on YouTube so people can see it because it's it's pretty.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying it's it's O D. And then then of course you know, local artists saw it, did the paintings and I was like, this is fire. What could I do with these? So now they're my bat dropped to my podcast, Welcome on in Off the Edge with Cam Jordan. My beautiful portress behind me one day you'll see.
Speaker 4: So let's let's go back. You were starting to talk about what happened last night in the game. First, just one thing that we don't get to see as regular people in the world. You play a game, you guys leave the field, we don't know what happens after that. So just literally physically, like how do you feel the day after one?
Speaker 1: I don't know what's happening after the game on the field. There was a little guy forty two. He was getting real scrappy with one of our dbs. I had to break that up. But apparently there's another clip where my guy Mike Thomas is walking into the stadium and there's a there's a killer d tackle following him. I don't know if I like that. If there was a match up there, I don't know if I like that. I should have been around, you know, saying what's up to you? Former teammate shy Total and my guy's getting chased in there. I'm not saying I have I'm nipotence, but I feel like I should have. I should have been.
Speaker 4: Around as the bed. You should have been there holding out with your guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cat down, holding down. But so you know during the game, you're gonna get nicks, You're gonna get bruised up. Definitely get bruised up. I took a couple of shots last game, like early in the game, that you know, unsettle you the first The first one was a running back. I was I was working this edge, didn't see the running back to the last second. He caught me in the side. You know. I was like, oh, immediately, you know that feeling as a football player. I'm like, if you you know, if you haven't bruised ribs before, you've had Bruce ribs before, you know that feeling on connect you feel yourself decompressed. You're like, ooh, that's a good shot right there. I'll get you back. And eventually I was gonna get him back, probably like eight ten plays later. I beat the tackle inside. Bryce Young flushes too. I play on the left side, so he flushing to the right side. I grab a hold of him. It looks like probably holding hands. I like grab his hand first and work my way up to his arm. So now I've got his arm with my right hand, which leaves my body exposed because I'm focused on pulling this this kid down off as a lineman comes back, cleans me dead, hits like a spear, like it was like a Goldberg spear on tape. I just like I hit the family guy and my feet crossed. I just like hit the ground. I was like, oh, you got me good. You got me good. And I was like, I was like, oh, I'm I'm going to get you, like in my mind, like I go vengeance, I go red. I'm like, how best do I seek retribution? And I get up and like my my chest didn't didn't like it compressed, it didn't decompress. Like I was trying to take a breath and it wasn't there. I was like, no, just I was like, that's not a full breath. I am no longer on a full tank. So you know, we're off the field. Luckily it was a third down. I'm like assessing my body. Can you good?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But after I said that, I'm like, so now it's not like you know, the little fat kids sleeping and I'm awake I'm like, oh no, that was quarter one.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, first quarter.
Speaker 1: Of the game, and so like you know, there's the whole three quarters left, so whatever it is. Next thing, you know, like we go to the game, somebody steps on my foot, irritates, irritates my foot, so now I'm over here and whatever it is. You know, third quarter in I get poked in the eye. I'm like, ah, he got me. So now I'm like I can't breathe can't see, you know, like get your vision back, and it's like all right, so we'll be all right. Like it is like I go to the sideline, They're like, Cam, you good. Absolutely, you know, like I've got no back down in me, Like you're gonna have to pull me off this field because I feel like I'm hunting this kid. Right This kid is well, you know, he went to Alabama, so he's probably like thirty five as a rookie. These kids are getting older and older from this COVID gap. But Bryce young. I think he's got great poise, will be probably a phenomenal quarterback of the future. But he's young right now. You know, he's a rookie. He's not what you call it mature. Because he's young.
Speaker 2: That joke of today.
Speaker 1: But you know, you know, so I'm hunting him the whole game, and I'm getting closer. I thought I had a strip sack fumble. There was a piloty that took it away for me. I'm looking at the rest like, oh, dare you throw a late flag? A late flag? A late flag? My guy, Brian Beze peels a little man. I grabbed the ball, I push it down, balls on the ground. I go to grab the ball. Brian jumps on it. So now my arms pinned underneath them. I'm like, I'm like, yeah, bro, get the ball. And here my arm is underneath this three hundred and ten pounds man. I'm just like, please don't break, Please don't break. But I'm like, yeah, we got the ball. He finally gets up and I'm like, oh, we're back, you know, like flag. Yeah, then I see a flag. I've already celebrated. Now I look like it. Now I look like a complete wheelbarrow, you know, like I've already hit the levels I'm going. I'm at one hundred percent and meanwhile I'm deflated, so one hundred percent is really fifty percent. Breathe can't breathe, you know. So I'm going through that. There's all types of motions. I'm like, I finally got over. They pull it back, and I'm like, I gotta keep hunting.
Speaker 4: So let's go back. You start talking about Bryce composed, he's young. What was it like going against him?
Speaker 1: What he's little young? And yes, his name is Bryce.
Speaker 4: I mean he's a he's an NFL quarterback though, is he that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: For sure? Yeah, yeah. I think he's the second tallest quarterback in the league or second shortest quarterback in the league.
Speaker 4: But you like what you saw and you think he's absolutely.
Speaker 1: I think he's got phenomenal poise. Because we tagged him he was. He was like unaffected, like you know, like he get up. He scrambled a couple times. We hadn't seen him scramble the way he scrambled this game. When you know, when you're dealing with the young quarterback, you don't really know what you're going to get. I hate going against rookies because you don't have like a set game plan. You're like, all right, this is what he did in college, this is what he did in the preseason. You're you're you're trying to base a game plan off of preseason vanilla snaps.
Speaker 4: Did he do anything that made you say, oh, he's got some here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his poison in the pocket, because I mean his pocket was getting collapsed frequently at a high rate. But you know, he took some hits as well, and like some some I was like, hey, that might that might actually hurt our detackle Nation. Sheev put a couple of hits on him, you know, Carl Edison, but hit him a couple times. I was like, ooh, I pushed him and like he hit the ground immediately, like dude. So I'm like, it's not like he had a lot of weight behind him, you know, like.
Speaker 4: Do you try to like can you rattle him? Like is it a young guy? You're a vet? Do you try to get in his head a little bit early in the year.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're from my experience of young quarterbacks, you know, if they're gonna be ratted or not in the first quarter, like them first two or three hits would probably tell tell like, hey, you're not that guypal. But he literally took those hits, popped up and was whatever. His cadence couldn't hear it. I don't think it was off of the line. Could hear it, like, no base in a voice. We're talking about you have you know your iconic white Edie White, Eddie, Aaron Rodgers. You know you've got you know, Derek Carr? Whatever he said, is you? You hear it? You know? James Wist, you hear it. Drew Breese, you hear it. Bryce Young in a home game, you're supposed to hear his cadence, We're only eight yards apart. Couldn't hear that first couple get offs? I probably was late because I was like, hey, no way, he said, hike.
Speaker 4: Wow, I'm gonna give you your flowers a little bit. So I saw the stat team put out last night. I got it confirmed by the illustrious NFL research. Do you know that you are the active leader in most sacks in primetime games?
Speaker 1: I've been playing thirteen years. I'm not sure, Like that's is that a longevity push? Like? Who else has been playing a longer than me? Klais Campbell year sixteen? Von Miller same year? What other prolific edge rushers are there? And they'll never put me up prolific for some reason? But how many other defensive ends or edge rushers have had ten plus years of seven and a half sacks are more like three of us.
Speaker 4: Are you making your Hall of Fame case right now?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 1: Let's you speak for yourself. I talk about I talk about stats after the season. All I care about is winning right now. Win however you.
Speaker 4: Can you in the plastic cup. I keep seeing the plastic You can't see it. They can't see it. But the double plastic red cup is hey killing me right now?
Speaker 1: We had a game. We had a game last night. You know, I gave you all that I had plus some. I don't believe in one hundred and one percent, but I try to give it to you, you know, like whatever was one hundred percent, I gave it to you every play. And then we got on the flight. Flight was I got to be around like twelve one o'clock ish there East Coast time, so we're in Central So we landed like one fifteen ish. You know, I'm in the car, get home probably like one thirty. So now I'm up and I get in the massage chair and I'm like just talking crap on Twitter, looking for smoke. I look up, it's like three o'clock in the morning. I was like, I take my butt to sleep. My daughter wakes up, Go pick up my daughter. Put her in bed because she's screaming and I don't need her to wake up the other kids. Put her in bed. Deal with wife in the morning. Hey, who got chatcha? I did? Chasha has my youngest daughter, Chanel. She's two, and she decides to wake up sometimes and somebody got to come get her. She'll wake everybody else up. She screams, and when I'm sleep, I hear nothing, so I don't know these battles. Ninety percent of the right to be clear, My wife is amazing. She She's a phenomenal mom because I don't wake up with I've never woken up for anything in the middle of night. I wake up at like six thirty, go over to the facility, get a quick lift in, I go to my community event. I always talk to a school or elementary or elementary or middle school or preferably not a high school because high school kids they like talk back. But like, go talk to these kids, you know, give you know, give whatever, you give them a little inspiration to talk about you know how I want, you know, I want them to succeed, because I do. I've always done it. And I've been doing I've been talking to kids in the elementary schools, whatever it is, since high school. So I just feel like that's a part of who I am. And then you know, I go back because we have it's an off day, and I'm put that in quotation marks because you still have to go in and get a lift, you still have to go in and break down film. You still have to get a jump on the Green Bay Packers. So defensive line me at ten thirty, we break down film, whatever that is. I tell guys, hey, get your bodywork, get whatever it is you need to do. I go back to rehab. You know, I'm treating my little my little bruised whatever. This is again not really just not a not a great, great morning. But I'd probably say I got like thirty five percent oxygen capacity. You don't like so and the next two days I'll be back to one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: I love it for me, I mean, after they said after once you start, you never once practice is start, you're never one hundred percent again.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: My dad told me the moment I played football, he said, hey, man, once football starts, that's the last day you're fully healthy. And I said, what are you talking about? I'm always healthy? And then I got to you know, college, and was like, uh, high school invincible. In fact, a high school. Those that took me out was I got I brought home a see and moms. Moms kept me out football for like two weeks to get my grades right and I was like, oh, can't mess that up no more. And then we got like in a family car accident, I broke a couple ribs and then they wouldn't let me play and I was like, it's not my fault. I just want to play football. They're like, your your ribs are broken? What is that after doing football? You know? Like, so.
Speaker 4: We're different football your mentality.
Speaker 1: We had different mentality to play football.
Speaker 4: That's that's life. Okay, So I want to right switch switch a little bit. We're talking about hits. We're talking about injuries and playing through stuff. We saw the hit Monday night. If you watch the game Steelers Browns Nick Chubb, Brown's running back took a nasty hit to the knee.
Speaker 1: Here's Chubb trying to pick his way inside the five and he does knock down at the three. Ball came out, but he was down. Minka Fitzpatrick gets the tackle, but a gain of five and the last thing any Browns fan wants to see Nick Chubb holding his left leg. Oh boy.
Speaker 4: His coach Kevin Stefanski says he's out for the season. A lot of conversation last night today about the hit from Minka Fitzpatrick, who also got hurt on that play. Did he go too low? Is it it? Was it dirty? Was it not? As a defender, how do you how do you hit a guy? A lot of talk, Well, Nick Chubb is a powerful runner, you got to go low. It's a lot of conversation about whether that hit was dirty or not. And as a defender, from your perspective, what do you think about that hitting? And just in general, how do you put your tackle technique? How do you go about hitting a guy so that he doesn't suffer that kind of men.
Speaker 1: My tackle techniques, yes, sixty four two one hundred and eighty seven pounds. My tackle technique is come see me and you're going down. I don't care who you are, but as a linebacker, you are seven yards off the ball. Now, your dbs are not sixty four two hundred and eighty five to two hundred ninety pounds They're not six foot two hundred and forty pounds. What is what is Mika? Mika is six ' one two ten. Nick Chubb is two thirty two thirty five. That's a power running back coming down full speed, hitting second level, which as a defense, as a defensive lineman, you don't want your you don't want your second line of defense, your defenders. Your safety is your corners having to make those tackles. But now that he does, he's not going to hit him head up. I'm trying to get him down as fast as I can, and the easiest way to get him down is ankle tackles, going through, going through the legs, because if he's already a powerful running like Nick Chubb is, it takes multiple guys to bring him down. You can't just hit him up top of the chest. He'll continue driving. He squats six hundred pounds, so you know, he he took, he took his position, he took his ankle. I don't think it was his his angle, and he went low. After watching it a few times, like and I watched it a few times this morning, that's unfortunate as it comes that he you know, an injury was sustained and something that, uh, you know, the coach came out and said he's gone for the season. You hate that for Nick Chubb, You hate that for the Browns. You know, you hope that they can bounce back from that. But that's you know, that's a part of the game as well. Like it's a violent sport, it's a combat sport, and there's nothing dirty about it. Dirty would be like what the safety did for what was that Travis Hunter the Colorado Colorado State game when the ball was already out the way and the safety is still coming down fire years out that like the late hit that could be seen as dirty. This one, this one's just a hit that happened. There was already a guy on his back pushing him forward, there was a safety coming downhill, and I was just bad timing for the hit. In terms of Nick Chubb, I mean in terms of Steelers defense, they had to get him down. You know, I love being an ed rusher, love being defender, love having the mentality that I'm a warrior, I'm a monster. I walk around with you know, with the sea on my chests. For a reason. It's not it stands for captain, but it's really like Cam's him, you know, like it just is what it is. I want to go Ham, Cam, I want to be that guy. I want to be a leader, not only for my d line, but for the whole defense, you know, and that starts with mentality, and that's you know, when I'm breaking down film, I'm watching other dogs on the defense. I'm watching pass rushers, I'm watching edge rushers. I'm watching guys who are affecting the quarterback getting to the rock. That being said, when we come back from this break, I'm bringing in one of my boys, one of my dogs on another team, the Patriots, you know, be a Grand Valley eight via possibly Louisiana. I guess we'll have him explain that himself. But Matthew Judon coming onto this, coming on to off the edge with Cam Jordan, can't wait, tune in, come back, we gotta.
Speaker 5: Go in.
Speaker 1: Thirty nine to uh finally gets him finally against sacked for the first time this year. It's a time for fourth of the NFL sacks a year ago. Fas you Judono, Yeah, you know, off the edge of Cam Jordan, I get the pleasure to bring in a sack master himself over sixty sacks what is that sixty two and at sixty three and a half last night, sixty four, you're starting to snap. You're getting close. We're hitting the upper edge line of ooh, he's onto something. We're talking about. Matthew Judon, Patriots outside linebacker, Patriots all World rusher drafted Baltimore originally born in Louisiana, which I just found out this fun fact. I've known matt Judon for quite a while and I did not know we had some Louisiana connect But some times, man, you've been hiding from me. I just want to say, a four time pro bowler, you know, just cold, the guy's been, guy's been active in the backfield and apparently been hiding secrets from his boys.
Speaker 2: I'm confused.
Speaker 1: You Louisiana native?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, so uh, like all my family still down there for some reason. My mom decided to move to Michigan when I was when I was a baby, and so I grew up in Michigan. So now a lot of people really know I got the Louisiana ruds.
Speaker 1: Okay, there we go. He look, man, you know you know Mark Claim you bro, Like he's like, nah, you know he from Michigan. You know where we're at with it, and I'm like, oh, okay, Michigan boys. And then I looked up the stats today and I said, Louisiana. Oh if that bat ruge that but really him and Boosy Boo really really am Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, my all my people are still that down there man shouts out to bath rooms of Louisiana Park.
Speaker 2: But I really don't know.
Speaker 5: I went to school all in Michigan Height Elementary grade school, grew up in the Church at Michigan, and college in Michigan, and I ain't leave. I ain't really leave Michigan until I went to Baltimore. So I'm in Michigan, Michigan.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's what I mean. That's what I tell people. I'm really from Arizona. Like I was born in Minnesota, but I left when I was four. First, you know, first kiss, learn how to drive, you know, really really picked up you know, the rigs was really Arizona. So that's where I'm at with it.
Speaker 5: That's what That's what I'm saying. Every every other place I go, I need a GPS. When I'm in Michigan, I don't need that thing.
Speaker 1: I know exactly I'm going. I don't know, not the name of street in Arizona, but I know how to get around. Yeah, that's my corner store. Yeah, that's where I'm at. That's my granny house over there.
Speaker 2: Okay, take a left exactly. I know.
Speaker 5: I know how to get everywhere where everybody grew up living all that.
Speaker 2: That's ride the bit fights, parks all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, let's just dive in because I've got you know, you just went viral and not for Sacks one. I want to know where this came from, because I don't never talk about that that Richley wonder when you knocking the slime off? What that is that SAX celebration? Tell me about that.
Speaker 5: Bruh bro our boy Mark Man, he was like, I was kind of getting Sacks. I was getting, you know, starting to become a premier name in the league. And he was like, man, you gotta stick with one SAX celebration. And I just used to do I just used to dance.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: I yeah, And so we used to do everything, and we was doing like the team celebrations and all that. But Mark was like, man, you got to stick with one celebration. And I think I did that. I did that right, there Kansas City game. He was like, bro, you gotta stick with that. And then like the next the next week, I had got a celebration and I ain't do it.
Speaker 2: I ain't do it. He was like everybody was waiting for you to do it, everybody.
Speaker 5: And so after that, I just it's the crowd going right exactly.
Speaker 2: I just went back to that, you know, it kind of just stuck.
Speaker 5: And then when I came to uh, when I came to the Patriots, you know, I just started getting sacks. I start getting sacks, putting numbers up back to back, and then they just called on.
Speaker 2: They called it on like.
Speaker 1: You said something, You said something about bag to bag because you boy started to get that duffel bag started getting deeper. That boy started getting in with the chops and the and the swipes and the you was you was doing something in Baltimore. You dodnet lit the whole fire over over over there at the Patriots.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I think, man, they just they just they let me be me out here. They let me do it, do what we got to do. And I think the biggest thing from the Ravens to uh, you know, the Patriots, is the Patriots, like switch our covers a lot more than the Ravens did, like your Ravens, like you like, this is a man and man team.
Speaker 2: We got man a man corners at the Ravens.
Speaker 5: They they you know, they kind of lanky, they can run real good and they're physical.
Speaker 2: So uh and and Baltimore you knew as a man of men.
Speaker 5: So people run man beaters scene, they kind of get the ball out a little bit faster. But the Patriots, we hope, we like show different disguises, schemes and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Multiplicity, It frees you up, and it helps the helps the dbs, you know, like you know, if you're not a man the whole time. Okay, well, now I have to identify defenses exactly. It helps the confuse the quarterback, you know, especially younger ones exactly.
Speaker 5: So I mean I just need I just need that his second for the quarterback to be confused, and then I'm there, I'm there.
Speaker 1: Oh god.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So so if a quarterback ever got to go to to his third read like we gotta we gotta be on the quarterback.
Speaker 1: Here, gotta be on it, a on it, stepping on his neck though. Yeah, all right, As as as a pass rusher to a pass rusher. We I'm not gonna talk about stopping to run like that's you know, that's where I have my most fun at. But pass rusher, pass rusher? Would you prefer a game with ten pressures or game with one and a half sacks?
Speaker 2: Give me a game with two sacks?
Speaker 1: Okay? Round up?
Speaker 2: Do I got any sacks in the in these pressures?
Speaker 5: Nah?
Speaker 1: A ten pressures like going federal but not closing the deal?
Speaker 2: Okay? Am I hitting the quarterback or is he? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Ten pressures? Probably three quarterback hits, you know, like crazy game work? Give me, give it, give it out work? Or do you want two sacks? And you only had you know, three pressures. Two of those pressures were sacks, So really one pressure, two sacks.
Speaker 5: I mean, stat wise, I take them sacks. That's why try to tell people I take them.
Speaker 1: The game we just had against Carolina, I was in the backfield like every four plays like my my, you know, get the gray sheet after the game. Gray sheet looks phenomenal since they but the one sack fumble I had they took back because of a pibility. So that's what that's That line says four tackles quarterback head, and I'm like, bro, what I was tagging this man?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean see the thing about that is, man, the talking heads they'll look at that stash sheet and they'd be like, bro, camp didn't even show up today. Camp didn't even do nothing today.
Speaker 1: Hey, the casual will kill you every time.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: You be like, bro, you should have seen the work I was giving it like nobody.
Speaker 1: Master clash like I was giving.
Speaker 2: I was giving you everything I had exactly.
Speaker 5: I mean, I mean it'd be some games that you know, you get the chip from the tight end to the chip to the running back and the ball get out there and you're like, okay, I'm about to go work after three technique right where you.
Speaker 1: Get that I'm beating them on the edge, so I'm going inside, and then that that guard starts sliding with the tackle every.
Speaker 5: Time guard center, guard center slide. So now so now I can't work my inside moves that I was killing this dude with. And now if I run then edge a quarterback.
Speaker 2: Stepping up right.
Speaker 5: So I mean, bright the casuals, like you said, man, the people that don't know football love to talk football.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Hey, everybody got opinion and social media these days, everybody got a heavily formulated opinion. But what Stephen they say about Max Killerman? He said, he said, you either you either an analyst or you're a former player, and if you're not. If you're not either, maybe we're looking for one or the other. Yeah, I'm just saying I was out. It was something to that version, I said. I said, oh yeah, when I said when the analyst goes after another analyst.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean, I mean it's like just if you don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: On all accounts. Hey, so what I meant to what I meant to allude to before we started talking about SAX celebrations, et cetera. You went viral the other day finding your keys on the side of the road. I just like I saw this morning. I say, I saw a couple of things, and we're gonna talk about all three of them. But like your why was your keys on the side of the road, why'd your teammate leave your keys on top of a car? Why'd your keys take off with why'd your teammate take off with the car? And why don't I have an air tag on my keys? Because now I gotta do.
Speaker 2: That see, it wasn't the keys love.
Speaker 5: So my brother he was taking my Audie here, taking my Audi to the dealership, so get the tire fixed. But then my my already keep my key. That's my normal car, every day car. So he took my wallet. He took my little wallet and he put it on top of my charger. And so I had to go to work. So I took the charger out. I'm driving. Did I don't see nothing? You know, it's we're coming off of a loss. I'm like, man, let me go get this work out there, you know, get back into the motion of thing. I don't see nothing. He called me, like, I'm probably liked five five minutes away from work, he called me, he like, did you get did you get your wallet off the top of the car. I'm like, no, like what you're talking about. He's like, oh, I put your wallet on top of the car this morning. So I'm like, man, damn because.
Speaker 1: The charge is low. So he just figured you see it?
Speaker 2: Hey, you know I was. I was up into the car. Man, you.
Speaker 1: No doubt, No, but you're not you're not bryce young like you ain't five eight claiming five ten? You you juda you.
Speaker 5: Six three, six four exactly exactly how many times you look on the top of your car.
Speaker 1: I don't have I don't have a small car. I got. I got the h I got a Bronco, and then I just got that electric Hummer that just came in. So now I got to sell the Bronco. I'm a one car guy.
Speaker 2: But like, yo, you're a one car guy.
Speaker 1: I'm a one car guy. I'm simple.
Speaker 2: Now you know, you just switch them up. That's not one car. That's not one car guy.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I was in a Bronco. Is a twenty twenty thirty, twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Two, but I was in a Bronco or No. I was in a Tahoe for eleven years. My first eleven years, I was in the same car. I was in a Chevy Tahoe American Mad right, But it finally like died on me. I like I was trying to do too much with it. It finally died right before season, and I was like, oh, okay, well I got to get a new car. I want the I want the Hummer. Hummer was a year wait. I was like, well, all right, well I gotta get something. So I really just went to the closest dealership was like, what you got online? They're like, hey, well we got this Bronco somebody didn't want great, I take it. So as much as I like the Bronco, like I was like, I really wanted the Hummer. So the Hummer came in. So now I look like I'm a two car guy, but I'm really a one car guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're a too car guy, but we all so. So I'm driving to work.
Speaker 5: He called me, and I got this air tag because I always just lose my wallet.
Speaker 2: So I got this air.
Speaker 5: Tag and I I look at it and I zoom in. It's like close to my house, but it's on the highway and I'm like, bro, it's like I'm on the phone in it. I'm like, bro, it's no way my wallet on the highway. He like, send me the GEO tag. I'll go get it. I'm like, you can't send a geo tag for the lost like lost my phone, Like you can't send it and even if you get there, you won't be exactly on it. Like I gotta go get it. So I turned around. I'm driving and on behold man, like right off the exit from my house to go to the get on the highway, I pull over and say it's right there. I gotta walk pibly, like a hundred two hundred feet to actually find it, like be right on top of it. And thank god, it was like on the side of the road. It wasn't on the middle it wasn't in the middle road. Nothing crazy or I ain't had to like stop traffic. I just had to walk.
Speaker 2: And grab it.
Speaker 5: And then I was like, man, I gotta tell people about this cause and I'm like, nobody will believe me.
Speaker 1: I'm not a wallet guy no more.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Now I'm just like I keep my little my little two credit cards on the on the you heard me, and I keep it pushing. It's close, you know, it's personal, and it keeps me. It keeps me from like spending random money because like if you got cash in you you got cash in your pocket. Next you know, like I'm like, oh yeah, I could buy I could buy that. This actually happened. I'm gonna bring these in for the guys, always bringing in these random mass you know, donuts ho hos. I swear I make my team fat, like because I'm a fat kid at heart.
Speaker 5: Nah, don't do it, don't set them up. Y'all might have a rand y'all might have a random way in.
Speaker 1: Hey, we're consistent, bro, whatever you got going over there? We have a weekly wear in. It's always on Thursday or something like a Thursday. It's like we had a Monday night game, so our you know, our way was Friday. We got a short week Thursday. We don't have winds with the Saints for everything that they are, are consistent, you know, always on a Thursday. Never had a pop quiz you've had, you've had, You've had a random way in with that? What does that even mean? Don't randomly weigh me in?
Speaker 2: Now? We didn't. We didn't. We did just have some weigh in. It's like, hey, I want to check we away at Come get on the scale.
Speaker 1: Oh no, hey, you know you know interior dy lineman and office of lineman they need some some time to prepare. Now. To be clear, everybody has like a wait list, a weight that you're listed at, or weight that your team wants you to be at, and then they want you to stay at. That's what they That's what the team has declared the players optimal weight. Right. I have seen greats have quote unquote weight like, hey, they going to want this wide receiver who has had seven consecutive one thousand yard seasons at two twelve or two fifteen or whatever that weight is, and he's consistently like two eighteen and they find him anyways, you know, like the league is a very findable situation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's it's all about how they can get their money back.
Speaker 1: They stay trying to get their money back.
Speaker 5: It's like, man, you're playing great, but those two extra pounds gonna slow you down.
Speaker 1: Ah, we hate that six hundred bucks a pounds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like come on, man, I like how Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then you go and then and then that same player goes out and snags eight catches at ninety eight yards. You're like, bro, I think I'm doing all right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was some two pounds.
Speaker 1: It's over over two pounds, Like can I get my back? You know? You know like those that five pounds swing though, like you know later on in the season when it gets tedious and that back get tight, you know, you you're like, oh, I might be.
Speaker 5: Twelve okay, three of them nah see see I got pilates for that.
Speaker 2: I got pilates for that.
Speaker 1: I go tell the secrets. Then boy, you got you on the you on the board with the big stretch out.
Speaker 5: I just I just love pilates. I'm telling you got to keep that cored tight. If you don't keep that core tight, if you don't, yeah, and then that back gonna get tight. You know that move that you could do and you ain't.
Speaker 1: You ain't swim and you you ain't hitting the double hand swipe the same no more, Daniel Side, I see you. I mean I'll be watching. I'll be watching the highlight sax of the week. Just be like I can do that. I've done that. Oh I can steal that. Do you do the same thing? Though? Like are you all? Are you active? Like film watch or the so? Like? Who do you like to watch? In terms of pass rushers?
Speaker 5: Uh man, I watched everybody. I think uh TJ one of the best pass rushers.
Speaker 2: Like just.
Speaker 5: When he like when he wanted to win, he knows exactly where to would move to go to. I think, uh.
Speaker 1: I'm a counter your TJ with with Joey Bose's hand combos.
Speaker 5: But continue see Joey Bosta hand combos be great, but t J doing all his stuff off speed. Joey do all his stuff off power and so it'd be like two different Russians.
Speaker 2: But Joey Hall get.
Speaker 1: And that's why. Then that's how you know I like Joey. You know what I'm saying. You know what I'm about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Joey'll get to like the middle of the chest and the outside shoulder pad and then kill kill somebody's hands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he would be like this and.
Speaker 1: Then hand combos out there looking like more to Kombat combinations combination.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But then uh, if you watch, if you watch Hassan Bro, Hassan got ready, he got he got that go bro. He just got some of the best moves. It'd be crazy.
Speaker 1: Hey, clean wins, Clean wins.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then uh, it's it's so many pass rushes. But uh, I think Hassan TJ and then uh who who else I'll be watching?
Speaker 1: I was always messed up the sweat. I believe it's Montest Josh's. Josh Sweat is with Philadelphia. Montest Sweat is with the commanders going crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, see you like power rushes, I don't be. I'll be like I ain't about to do that, Like I don't When I be getting into my power rush, I'll be staying I end up standing straight.
Speaker 2: It's just I.
Speaker 5: Don't be knowing how to get off of it. I'll be like, no, I'm stay away from that.
Speaker 1: When you knock on that door, eventually the door gonna have to get open. He keep knocking that door. Hey, when when they start sitting down, Now you got a short edge. It's just a first mentality.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, see, I mean I didn't did some power, but they be off like speed. My my thing is speed. And another dude crossby, like he's just always moving. He always moving. It's like it's like speed power inside move cross job. It's just it's never ended for a guy like that. And so when I mean when you can put them back to back to back to back to back and you in the run game, in the past game, and you just going like we didn't we didn't seen some like beautiful games put together about some outside Russia.
Speaker 2: So yes, I'll be stealing. I'll be.
Speaker 1: If it wait you got to if it worked, let me use it too. I like that. I like that. I like what you did. So now it's mine and.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to I'm trying to get that uh that fake spin though, I'm gonna do it one time.
Speaker 1: That that d Ware and the Super Bowl when you hit him with the hand.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna do it one time. I mean, I mean, and it wasn't against no slots to do. He did again again in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: May Yeah, I believe Staley that was that was that the other ones?
Speaker 2: Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 5: He come here, So I mean, I'm gonna I'm gonna do it on one of these times.
Speaker 1: You know, Officer Lineman of cattle bro like they sort of I'm not gonna say they don't, but like they get very stuck and routine if you shall so, like when you hit them with the speed, now you can go to power. Are hitting with the power, now you can go to speed speed. It's just playing checkers. I'm not even playing chess. They forward every.
Speaker 2: Time, they really do. They really do.
Speaker 5: It's some good ones with some good feet, but you know most of them just getting away until the quarterback and get the ball off.
Speaker 1: That's it. They got that fast release, all right. So I want to ask you, you know we talked about pilates. Keep you back back right, do you prefer you know, the controversial debate turf or.
Speaker 5: Grass, Oh, grass all the way Okay, I think because you play and be more in Boston. No, no, we Boston, you know New Zealand. But turf is faster. It's I think it's better when when like it's snow games, I think turf is better. Uh, but any anything else, I rather I rather prefer grass. It's it just gets like it gives easier. But it's it's also some people out here with some bad grass. Like don't don't get us, don't get it wrong.
Speaker 1: Like you go to you go to Green Bay Packers Joint, like late in the season, it's s.
Speaker 2: You go to you go to.
Speaker 5: The Steelers or the Browns. Late in the season. You're playing on dirt. It's one wall, one of them is saying and then the other one it's just mud.
Speaker 1: Right, it's just not it's not what you want. Bar you've had You've had a sack in each each of these games. You're balling in my mind, like because I'm overseeing highlights and I just want to know, how do you feel about your play right now? And how do you elevate?
Speaker 2: I gotta I gotta just be more of a force. Uh. I feel like I feel like I gotta start moving more in the middle of the defense, because.
Speaker 5: You know, you know, at that level, you start just getting weird blocks man chips from wide receivers like bro, you.
Speaker 1: Motion the tight end, like bro, I've already angle there, let me.
Speaker 5: Know exactly, and then uh, running back, just stay in the backfield. So I think I gotta start moving more in the middle of the defense. But I think one of the biggest things is we gotta actually be in be in a situation to where we can pass rush, you know, we gotta.
Speaker 1: When they don't know where you're at, then you get some freedom to like really show your moves when they know where you're at. Each and every time they'd be like, oh, we're sliding towards Jude.
Speaker 2: On exactly exactly.
Speaker 5: But I feel like I got to be like a point guard, get everybody else involved right now, you know, and get everybody else going, and then that's just gonna free me up a little bit more for sure.
Speaker 1: Oh I appreciate you, my boy. Look I said, I get you off for thirty minutes. It took thirty three. And that's how my fault, because I was I was late, I was my laptop had an update, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, no good man. Appreciate you for having me man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I appreciate you, my guy.
Speaker 2: I'ma let you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna let you tap out, Thomas, get my man out here. Appreciate my guy Matthew Judon for coming in. Tapping in off the Edge with Cam Jordan on my podcast, Episode two Went Down. We talked about a plethora of subjects. I appreciate you'all tapping in the whole time and talk about tapping in the tune in then please give us a five star rating wherever you get your podcasts, at Apple Podcasts, the iHeartRadio app, wherever else you may tune in and get your podcasts. I appreciate you guys for tuning in. I appreciate Judeo for tapping in. I appreciate my producers for helping me out carry this conversation because I'm just looking at you and you're not looking at me. But we're gonna keep on going quite happy.