Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: An interview has surface though at Man said he wants to face the Warriors in the playoffs, and I want to go get the Warriors wherever they're at.
Speaker 3: I want to get them.
Speaker 2: Reporter, why the Warriors aftercause Draymond talked so much trash And that's pretty much the only reason I.
Speaker 3: Like Shee Man. That's that's That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: We need we need more of that something everybody. Everybody likes to just play the game of basketball. But when you bring that entertainment value like that, that makes you want and hope that the Warriors and the Wolves have a series. It's because of something like somebody like that can that can talk it and they can walk it.
Speaker 3: It just makes it.
Speaker 4: Makes it that much better. That's why I say I would love for him to be the face of the league. No disrespect to Jason Tatum. Great player, NBA champion, you know, NBA Champion, All Star, you know, Olympic team. He has all these accolades, but it just doesn't add up to that aura and it factor that Ann.
Speaker 1: Has, Like that's that's man. Listen, Buddy, Buddy raw Man, Hey, hey for for the story. For the story Okay, oh Joe, this one here gonna go down in the books.
Speaker 2: Uh See, the one team that was at home night and cheering was the timber Wolves. They were cheering for the Warriors for a number of reasons. They played the Warriors. They get home court advantage. See the one give to them. But if if, if the Rockets would have won, they would have had to go to Houston. You see what I'm saying. So timber Wolves got home court advantage. They know and understands, you know, the moment and what it possents. And like I say, and man got this hit list, he's finna as he tried to. He got a couple of people.
Speaker 3: He canna ask this. Liszten even to it when they series started, Joe, Uh, probably Tuesday.
Speaker 2: So look think about this, Okay, Ojo, that series is gonna start Tuesday. You're just coming out for seven game, grueling series against the Rockets. Probably gonna wear you down a little bit. Timber Wood's been at home kind of resting. They got their feed up a little bit. But uh, they gonna be ready. They probably gonna look a step of two faster.
Speaker 3: Than the Warriors on Game one. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now watch watching Rudy Gobert, go out there forgetting how to play basketball at Dreymond take him completely.
Speaker 3: Let out. This is gonna be a wrestled matiw We were just talking to Bianca.
Speaker 2: Uh, we're just talking to Bianca. What about a week, a week or two ago. Yeah, and they're gonna be wrestlemated. This musty TV. Rudy Gobert and Drakemond Green. Oh yeah, y'all already know how this thing is gonna go down. Yeah, And the span of twelve month, the Wolves are sitting home Kevin Durratt, Nicola Jokic, Luka Danget, and Lebron James. A man is looking to ask Steph Curry to his list. Let me ask you a question. How many games who wins? And in how many games? Y'all gonna start with you? Who wins the not many games? Oh man, this is a good one.
Speaker 4: Listen where Anthony Evers playing the Ways playing Rudy Garbert. If you can have another game not maybe not twenty seven again, but he contributed on both ends of the court, uh, giving him the second chance points, rebounding defensively, everyone else contributing as well.
Speaker 3: I say it's gonna be another seven game series.
Speaker 4: And I got a man, I got a man pulling it off, adding another one to the hit list.
Speaker 3: What you got, Joe, I don't got no seven games series. I got this. I got the t Wolves winning this in about five six games. Damn five to six? Yeah, what's wrong?
Speaker 4: Only only only said the seven because Steph and Draymond and them boys are used to playing in this type of atmosphere. So I'm saying they're gonna stretch it all the way to seven. But if you say five and six, you know better than me because you played. I just be in the YMCA.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is just this is just my opinion. Oh Jo, it would to be true. Now allow me to right to be wrong, right right, right, right right. But I'm in my assessment. I'm thinking of okay, seven game series. Butler didn't look like he didn't look like you don't look like he moved it, even though he played a decent game.
Speaker 3: Now he played the game to night.
Speaker 2: Him and stuff looked like they kind of hobbled and gimbled a little bit. And going into playing against these tea walls, they gonna be ready, man, They hungry, They ready.
Speaker 3: They sitting and waiting. It's gonna I think they like that because my thing is.
Speaker 2: Who's gonna do who's guarding you ramble right, That's what I want to know because if you go bigger, you put Cabal Looney in there to deal with because now you you mess up your spacy because you put Loon in there, and you and you have Draymond, you brag with ju you random the lower you gotta be ready to bang with it. Yeah, it's it's it's gonna be. It's gonna be a tough uncle. It's it's gonna be some nose and nose in this series, you know, because Julius Ramland, well, I could definitely see, I could definite see rather than dre Bard getting do it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: You know, I think I think one of the weapons for the Warriors. Man, they're gonna have to try to find a way to get Kamingo back into the fold because they gonna need him in this series coming up, man, you know, and they kind of it kind of showed today they kind of need they needed him early, but I think they gonna need him throughout this series. You know, he got he got youth on his side. He's he's played in big moments. He knows and he knows what he knows what you know he's capable of doing. I think they need his productivity, you know, especially coming up in this series.
Speaker 3: He hadn't played in a while. I know they threw him, they've been.
Speaker 2: Throwing him out there here and there, but they got to try to find some consistent minutes for him. I like I like the I like the T Wolves also because I don't know when they go to the bench, nods, nods, reed, who's gonna deal with Because not only can't he shoot this free and stretch the floor, he can dad also go down and post.
Speaker 3: So now you gotta think about it.
Speaker 2: That's Moody, that's kaminga, that's trying to deal with a big, a big, a true big yeah.
Speaker 3: And that's why that's why I favor the T Wars, Uh, because.
Speaker 2: Of them big bodies that they have, that they can throw it, and they big bodies can score, and they can play made so and they guard, sit down and they play deep. McDaniels. It was Alexander and Alexander Walkers, Devin those you know, those are some guys. You know, I've soon gonna win you games throughout the series. So I get the t Wars the Edge man. I think it's gonna be a fun on the watch. Gary Payton the Second didn't play the night he was dealing with an illness. He's gonna get a lot of minutes on a man. They're gonna try to wear at man down. They'll probably have Kamingo deal with him. They have Moody deal with him, They'll have Gary Payton Second deal with him. They'll they'll they're gonna try to throw different I don't think anybody can stop it. You're gonna try to get the ball out of his hand wherever you can make somebody else beat you. Uh, Lakers did that and McDaniel's had a great series. I was reading knocked down some big shots. Obviously Jue Ramble gave you what he gave me probably twenty at probably average twenty two and the uh for the for that series. Uh, this it's gonna be a very very interesting matchup. It's gonna be a chest I'm see how fish is what he gonna do with with Steph. How he's gonna defend Steph because buddy, he was like, I'm gonna make y'all play, because y'all make it seem like I can't shoot the three.
Speaker 3: Y'all know I can shoot these three. Man.
Speaker 2: Listen, if you don't scratch in game six, how we expect for you to come out and give a thirty come in games seven? Come on, man? Yeah you know we ain't nobody expect that, Like this man is no he out of Hey when you hit that shot, well that at the end of the half, I said, yeah, things, you're living right, Uh, you're living.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey for a guy, for a guy who couldn't make it shot a game six to hit that, like, yeah, that's that's a confidence that's a confidence building list.
Speaker 3: So you know.
Speaker 2: Now you know he like because he had twenty three at twenty three in the first half, he didn't give you none in the third quarter. I don't think he's scored any of the third he's scored the third one. I think he got his eleven in the four.
Speaker 3: He said done. He said, I got, y'all, I got y'all, this lead.
Speaker 2: I spotted, y'all, So okay, stephibby, y'all, y'all, y'all pars Hey.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't know how much the NBA is a copycat league.
Speaker 4: As you watch a series and knowing you you're playing up the following team coming up next. Like the NFL is you see something work on another team and then you just copy that and do the same thing. Well, you know, you know how to slow Steph down, you know, maybe not stopping, but contain him and just do the same thing the Rockets are doing defensively, the Wolves are capable of doing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people are doing the same.
Speaker 2: I think I think the Rockets the Wolves might have better defenders individual dividers. Jay McDaniels is the individual is a better individual individual defense saying than anybody.
Speaker 3: That wait, individual defender.
Speaker 4: I don't think there's really nobody off the dribble that can stay with Steph regardless, regardless who look.
Speaker 2: Ain't nobody really dealing with nobody wanting he's the best of the best. You just you try to make it as tough as possible. So if he gives you twenty if he if he averages twenty seven, you try to hold him at twenty three, or if he gets his twenty seven. You try to make it as an inefficient right. But you go out there and say, oh yeah, oh you have age twenty seven. You ain't give a twelve back. Go Okay, good luck with them. Nah, But I think I think I think T Wolves got the defenders to to to you know, wear him down throughout the series.
Speaker 3: You know, long rangy guys.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, who's gonna be pesty pick him up or you know, just don't give him nothing easy.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I watched when I be watching the game, they take Steph out of the game. They be playing four and four out there. That man be staying at half court. His man don't even be looking at the ball. But uh, I got, I got, I got the t Wolves and.
Speaker 3: Made made a young fellow legacy continue.
Speaker 2: I think I think, I think, I think he's gonna be special in this series.
Speaker 3: And as a big game performer.
Speaker 2: I think the best thing that happened to add was going to the Bilympics and being around KD, being around Lebron, being around Steph Curry like, okay, mm hmmm, I'm where I belong to do m.
Speaker 3: Yeh monster grace. Yes.
Speaker 2: And so how they how they approach it, how they get themselves prepared, how they go about their business. Now, look, he's not gonna that's that's not what he is. He he hes not gonna be as butting up as Lebron and Steaf. But you got you just got accepted for who he is. That's who he is, and that was and you heard what you just said. Yes, he doesn't have to be as button up and he refused to be there.
Speaker 4: He's authentic to himself, which is why he's so relatable to everyone else. Why everybody's gonna be a fan. And way do you ask some people that to bring up stelf that has nothing to do with on the field, and I mean on the field on the fort Anthony Edwards. But man, I love and appreciate anybody that remained true to themselves and who they are without informing how they think you should be as an NBA player.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but no, don't.
Speaker 2: I don't just necessarily think it's an NBA player because every player is not held to the same standard as Lebron and a Steph Curry. Everybody wasn't held to the standard like Jordan. Everybody wasn't held to the standard like Bird and back of Kobe. There's difference. But when they say, okay, when they talk about the NBA and they have these pictures up there and your face is front and center, when they when when the NBA marketing campaign they want you front and center.
Speaker 3: It's just it's different.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: You got to realize these guys, like those old guys they got married.
Speaker 2: They you know, they not these guys, oh Jo, they playing video games, Jordan, They're playing no video game Magic Get Bird.
Speaker 3: The old guys wasn't playing on their video game.
Speaker 2: Man. These guys now they they playing card and they play at Fortnite against somebody else, somebody with a whole different team.
Speaker 3: Hey man, what's your name? What's your tag? All right? Come on checking fut.
Speaker 2: It's a different time now, and I think we have to change our way of thinking of what the face of the NBA is because the old faces, those guys aren't.
Speaker 5: Like that any now now. He Hey, look, whether whether he likes it or not. You know, when you chosen, you're chosen, bro, and you ain't nothing, nothing, nothing you can do about it.
Speaker 2: In the route that he's taking, whether he likes it or not, he complete this mission right here, it's gonna it's gonna happen whether he whether he likes it or not.
Speaker 3: And uh, that just comes with the game. It's part of it, man, you know what I mean. Yep, Look, were you chosen, Joe, you can't run from that.
Speaker 2: You remember Jonah, God told him say that you No, He's like, nah, nah, let somebody else, And so who what are you gonna do? He gonna get the boaty go that where the camera? And when he split his ass back up on the shore, what do you do? He went and did what Jesus asked me to do. You see where you chosen when you that's your calling.
Speaker 3: You can't run from it. Hey, listen, and you might not answer the phone. It's your calling.
Speaker 2: You might not answer the phone. Don't worry about it. He'll take care of the rest. Yeah, So you can't you you can't run from that. I understand because he's like, man, look, I want to go. I want to be free. I want to do what I want to do without y'all looking over my shoulder and cameras everywhere I go, because I might come out the little hole in the wall, and you know, basing the NBA is supposed to be in the hole.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Joe, You know what I'm saying. Hey, I understand.
Speaker 2: But when the universe picky Baby, they picky Yu.
Speaker 3: Is a man.
Speaker 2: The best Big game player in the NBA currently, best big game player in the game currently. Man, We've had some guys play some big games. Uh yeah, I think I probably I probably give him a nine. I think because he just accepts it. Man. He's a little different than than some of the some of the other superstars that we have in the league. And I think that's why people gravitate to the rawness of who he is and how he speaks his mind, and how he carries himself and how he talks trash throughout the games. And oh yeah, I'm looking. I'm looking to play the warrior no matter who you are. Hold on, y'all seen what Obama said. He said, look at this guy right here, he can play a little bit. He said, you better stand down.
Speaker 3: I'm the truth. Yeah you're talking about stop playing with me. So uh, we we love that.
Speaker 2: We we gravitate toward it, and we and we all want to see him do good man, because he has a talent and night in and night out, bro, he gives us something spectacularly, you know what I mean, Because not only can't he make the three, he can play above the rim. He puts your ass on the poster. Now you go up there, if you want to. If hey, I'm telling you gonna be on his car, you're gonna be on his car. I think the underrated thing. I think his underrated attribute is his defense. Okay, oh Joe, Oh, I'm saying on any level where it's blocking shots, whether it's locking down, playing his one on one defense, fighting over picks, like he showed me some that Lakers series and I was like, yeah, young fella taking the next step, And that's what it is. Playing on both fans, being a two way superstar, you know what I mean, not just a two way player, but here a two ways too superstar, because he impacts the game on both fans of the floor.
Speaker 3: Just like in that last closeout game against the Lakers, he didn't.
Speaker 2: Play great offensively, but defensively he was disruptive, he made plays offensively, and he did enough for them to win, like it didn't take for him to you know, while you on the stat sheet. So yeah, I think that's I think that's the best part where you can tell about a player when you can find other ways to impact the game, even even when you're not doing what you're known for, which is scoring.
Speaker 3: Can I can I.
Speaker 2: Impact the game on Joe. If I if I don't have ten tracks, how's my blocking? How's my decoy?
Speaker 3: Am I getting out of there?
Speaker 2: Make everybody think I'm about to I'm about to get this rock when I know I'm just clear for somebody else to run the shallow or to run that deep open. But I didn't make sure I get that safety up out of there and pull that linebacker.
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 3: Is that? Really?
Speaker 2: So you gotta find way other ways to impact the game, because sometimes guys only see their value if I'm catching past Yeah, if I'm scoring posts, you know, you gotta find value in other things also, and that's when you become the greatness. Maybe a May three, it's gonna be all of that. I call it the Russell Westbrook roller coaster, and that's what he just laid it out for. Yeah, I think, Hey, he buys you the airball, he might turn it over.
Speaker 3: You're like, don't run, don't shoot that.
Speaker 2: Come on runs and then when you least expected, he'll go four or five from the three, he'll get two steals, he'll make some big points. Go back and look at the series he played. Unbelievable short term memory. You know he has it he's short term. He got you know, just like in football from week to week, you got to put it behind your short term in we got oh, we got another game. Well, in basketball you play every other night, or considering in a in a in a basketball game and possessions, Russe, if he come down missing, wind up and layup, he gonna hustle back, try to get the block or steal like a lit It's a lie, it is, and you have to you have to accept that, dude. You have to accept. You have to take the good with the bad. But just no one thing. He gives you everything he got you ain't got. Come on, he Russ, pick it up a little bit, you ain't. Russ has never had a coach to tell him to pick it. You might have to say, sons, calm sell, hey, come on, do something down you Okay, you might have to tell him to settle down or calm down, but you never have to tell him to pick it up, because he's gonna give you that effort and you can appreciate that. And sometime and and and and trying to give you everything he got. He's a little out of control. He'll fumble the ball out of it. I mean the other He had two point blank layups the boat in Game six. But he come but he come right back, He come right back down. He gonna get you a second, but he gonna get your extra possessions because he's gonna battle somebody for the rebound. I saw him last night a line against He got to get the rebound. He ain't got no fishes whatsoever. When you ever see the six pot guard in the box trying to get a real bits and that's why you got a lover.
Speaker 3: He gonna be. Is Rust the X factor the Nuggets against the Thunder? Is he the X factor? Uh?
Speaker 2: Maybe if he played well, obviously they always got a great chance of winning. But I think this Thunder team is, uh, it's their time. It's that moment they've been They've been sent around waiting and I know we can go off Rust or you know, whatever the case may be. But I think this is a young team who's prepared and understands the moment and they're gonna come Already. Yeah, it's gonna be. It's gonna it's definitely gonna. It's definitely gonna be interesting to see. Obviously, you need you need Yoke and Murray to do what they do. I think probably Gordon has been really consistent over the last three to four games. He's been really consistent in that that last series against the Clippers. He needs to play really well. Uh, A big body guy that can that can put their fan now. But his offense is playing well. He's knocking down the three. Uh, he crashes the glass. If I had to say an next fact that I think they need Michael Porter jam yeah he cut because sometimes he sometimes you know, he he drifts if he can get but when he's go ahead, But yeah, I agree if he can get him some consistent uh, some consistent productivity in this series to where they able to compete, you know, they they they always gonna have a great chance. Like I think we all know what yok is gonna do. He's gonna make them dudes around him better than if he have to score forty or fifty. We know he'll do that as well. But uh, I like, I like how uh you know the series went throughout the regular season, how they played and how okay see uh competes against them. So I just don't think they got nobody who could deal with Shaye on the perimeter. If you just if I'm just being honest, you know what I mean, Like I think, you know, I think he's gonna be able to pretty much have his weight. Now, yeah, you probably could have put Gordon on him sometime, but even him, I just I just don't think they I don't think they're going nobody who who can stop him?
Speaker 3: No, I think Broun.
Speaker 2: I think Brown will start because he seemed to be their best defender. But that's what happened when you let K C. P go and you let h what's the other guy named that, they end up defense Bruce Brown. Yeah, they let him go, and so now it's really left up to Christian Broun because he's really the only defender like the Gordon.
Speaker 3: But I don't I don't think they're gonna put Gordon on the point.
Speaker 2: They normally put Gordon on the big guy if it's Lebron or if it's a KD guys like your Jason Tate.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm saying if he get it going though, I'm saying, if he get it going to one of them games, you can't stop him.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to you try to put you try to put that light out.
Speaker 2: And put some size on him, you know what I mean, Because them guys, yeah, ain't no six six, No, he's six. He gonna you know, he gonna get to his spots and raise up, and them litt dudes ain't gonna be able to do nothing with.
Speaker 3: That, right. I just gotta make it tough.
Speaker 2: I just gotta I gotta keep I gotta keep hey Joe, I gotta keep him from the rim, and I gott keep him up the free throw line if he making threes and pull ups.
Speaker 3: I got hey, I can't take every damn thing away, can You gotta live with that?
Speaker 2: But he he's the one dude who has mid range game down to the tee and if nothing, if he can't get his three off to get to the bad ship, he gonna always be able to get to his mini.
Speaker 3: So this is what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: That's the step that I was talking about that I want, you know, Jalen Green to make and just being able to get to that mir range because he's so athletic, Bro, he can get up once.
Speaker 3: Once he go in to his shot, you can't block that, right. You gotta put that time in the last ojo you like in this series. I lie, I'm going with the young bulls. I'm going I'm going with the young bulls. Even though, like.
Speaker 4: When you ask a question about the X factor, I think the X factor would be Russ. Obviously with Russ coming off the bench, we know what, Yoka Yoka, you know what, Joke are gonna do if they have a chance to win this series. If the Nuggets do have a chance, I think Russell would have to be the difference maker. Eas have to be the difference maker. Obviously, Porter has to do what he needs to do. Murray is gonna be Murray.
Speaker 3: And you know what, you know what Joker do.
Speaker 4: I really think Russell Westbrook has to be that that that X factor and or if you even have a chance to win this series.
Speaker 3: But I'm going to think that.
Speaker 2: Make okay, See so tough is that they got guys coming off the bench that's sitting in the chair. They're mainly there. Yeah they're sitting in the chair, but they can knock down threes. You look at Caruso, you look at Isaiah, Joe, you look at you Wiggins. They got guys, man, they really Wallace, yes, yeah, and you know you still got lou Dort, You got Jalen Williams. So they got six guys that are three in D guys. There are very many teams that have that many guys of three and D and they got two. Sound like you're going with them? For tell like you going with OKC two. It's hard to go against Joe game.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 2: Because you can see him and in some sense you can kind of see him going in there showing out.
Speaker 3: You can kind of see him.
Speaker 2: Because of the NBB if it's the two league candidates for the mp He said, li, let me show you, hey, let me show y'all why you.
Speaker 3: Win it forty five, nineteen and thirteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, listen, and we wouldn't be surprised if we see those stat numbers. But yeah, I totally understand, uh that they're definitely capable of winning the series.
Speaker 3: I just seen some holes in their defense or.
Speaker 2: In the oh yeah yeah, yo, yeah, yeah, they definitely have absolutely true. Holiday is set to return from injury Game one versus the Knicks. Holiday will make his return to the floor after missing the final three games of Boston first round series with a hamstring string. How important is it for the give for them? God, He's probably gonna match you up with bruns. He probably take bruns. But you got a bunch of guys you could throw it bruns. You throw der White bruns. You could throw Holiday at runs you put you could put Jaylen Brown.
Speaker 4: On base, you put you put Holiday coming off an injury out there in front of the brunts, and he's gonna put hen.
Speaker 3: You're gonna pull something. He's gonnau he gonna pull something. Yeah, you're and der White you can put.
Speaker 4: You can put Dareck White on He's gonna be gonna saft Derek White up too. You can put Jayleen Brown out there, only two. He gonna soft Jayleen Brown up there too. You gotta understand every everybody you're naming players that are really good. You're naming players are the defensive players, but everyone Jalen Brunson goes against. He gonna get to a spot. He gonna drive, hes gonna use his body, he gonna do what he always do regards with who make him at.
Speaker 3: The ineficient as possible. That's all I'm trying to do. He gonna get to his wife.
Speaker 2: I'm trying, Hey, he get thirty three, I'm trying to get make him take thirty shots to get Okay, that's all. I'm just trying to wear him down. He's just trying to get different looks, different bodies hopefully. Look, they just come out of grueling series as well. He was banged up a little bit in that serious so he came on to the next series.
Speaker 3: You know that.
Speaker 2: Hey, we gotta make it tough on him. I'm trying to hound him. He like, like Joe said, he just came out of seven game series. He's having forty forty two minutes a night. Yeah, so ay, see pick him up. D White, you got it, Hey, Jaylor, you got it? Holiday, you take it? Oh yeah, we just go ay. Peyton Fritcher, Hey be passed. Just buzz riding like a nab annoy the hell out of it. Hey, uh, I'm sure the cells happened to happen back because, like you said, Jaylen Brust is the one guy that really can create his own. It's gonna be interested to see the matchup. They'll probably put O g on, j On on Tatum. This is what they got, I thinking, probably probably take Josh Hart, probably have them on Jaylen Brown.
Speaker 3: Who Bridges gonna go on? Who You're putting Bridges on? Oh?
Speaker 2: Bridges you know what I think Bridges might you know what Bridges might take Jaylen Brown?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And did Josh Hart take Derry White? Yeah? O g On Tatum yep, yeah, this is why they went and got Hey.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing, who y'all and I guess Brazilias and Cat Yeah, Horford and Cat.
Speaker 3: Yeah? What you got? What you got on? You've got nixt Nixon six. I got the Celtics, Oh my bad, Okay, I got the Celtics, Joe, I got the Celtics.
Speaker 2: That the five old I got to I got to sell this Joe old Joe. Uh, you know, a very experienced scene, you know, obviously. Uh.
Speaker 3: And they've been playing well they they know what these battles are like.
Speaker 2: And they've had the next number, you know, over the years. Yeah, you know, I don't even think this is gonna be a long series. I actually think it's gonna be a a sure one.
Speaker 3: Actually, Sweeting, I ain't said, sweet man, what the hell about you? You ain't like about five predictions? What hell go?
Speaker 2: You don't like that pick saying you got you or the five out on the five we got I gotta break it back because he lay, we got to find something that's catchy. I mean for the Celtics. Don't you remember, hey Joe, you remember they brought the seat that they brought the bill box pants back. Remember the Bail Bottom g they backing style, Bail Bottom drafted pants back. Everybody care thing come for a circle, bull sock ain't come for a circle. But uh yeah, I say this, I I got I do got the Celtics in bout five. I say the Nicks won in the game. Got back something very interesting for the both of you guys. The number of players declaring for the NBA Draft by year. In twenty twenty and twenty twenty one, it was three fifty three. In twenty twenty two it was two eighty three, and twenty twenty three it was two forty two. In twenty twenty four it was two oh one. This year it's only one hundred and six. And I am money, ol Jo. Yeah, got the boy like you the way if you don't stay here to get a quick two fifty five hunding.
Speaker 3: Hey, you gonna give me that money in I'm gonna stay right head college. Yeah. Listen.
Speaker 4: Also the opportunity, with the great understanding, your chances to make it to the NBA and actually playing in the NBA or making that squad.
Speaker 3: It's only a team who what fifteen, right, how many players?
Speaker 2: It is? Fifteen to team fifty? So you got about four hundred players. Yeah, man, I'm four fifty.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm a better on myself in college and get as much as I can. And that's four fifty. That's every year. That ain't just this year. Is yeah, like they ask up, he know, he You're gonna be four sixty day.
Speaker 2: Look look, if you got fifty sixty guys coming in every year, you got fifty sixty leaving every year.
Speaker 3: So that's that is. And that's why I tell Cash.
Speaker 2: As hard as it is to make it to the league, bro, it's even harder to stick, you know what I mean, it's harder to stick because once you get there, you can't exhale. You know what I'm saying. You gotta keep going, you gotta keep pushing. You got to work even harder. So uh, you know, I tell cats all the time, Bro can't it's hard, it's Joe. And that's what I tell football players. I say, Bro, it's easier to get in the league and stay, then get out the league and try to get back here. Yeah, because you think it's hard getting in, get in and get out, and try to get back.
Speaker 3: In here unless you're unless you're a quarterback and you gotta be decent. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And what they're saying with your well at the stadium. You know, you go to the game, you lead, Actually the rner, you can't get back in here.
Speaker 3: Hey what what you in? See? I gotta take it? Got the ticket? They dob, Bro.
Speaker 2: You don't left use we can't let you back in the game. And that's how they feel about sports. It's like, Bro, I was just here a year ago. I was only going a year y'all think you say back, I was going to decade. Well yeah, a lot of other people that came in bro. We the NFL. They had seventy early declarations in twenty twenty five, down from eighty two and twenty twenty three, and I all changed the game. College athletes aren't finding value, risking turning pro when they're gonna earn sixeth figures right here.
Speaker 3: And that's what I say. Why am I gonna go to the NFL? Hold joke.
Speaker 2: If there's a possibility, man not gonna give me six million, stay right here. But quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: But also you have to understand the people that are choosing to go back, they questioning themselves. You question themselves great well with great understanding. Well, hell, if I know what I'm gonna get going to the NFL and in in the draft, it's because I know I'm I'm that boy, because you.
Speaker 3: Know that's what I gonna get. I told Quinny, what did I tell you, Ojoe?
Speaker 2: If I'm quinn yours, I take my butt, I go jump into that portal and I go somewhere and I make me three four million.
Speaker 3: Dollars a year, one more.
Speaker 2: Yes, as opposed to be a fifth or six or seventh trouved draft bit, because I believe he could have built his value. He could have been you know who knows a first or second day b and picked up at three four MILLI I would have cause if Carson Back jumped in the portal and got four million from the universe in miam which called I'm a lever, cause you know, look at his last name, high spelled I'm a lever. That's what he did at Tennessee.
Speaker 3: He left.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't know why he left for state like Tembasee with no state income tax to go to California to take three four hundred thousand dollars less word there fifty percent of state.
Speaker 3: Tawn Mecca Bake Send, Meca Bake send is ojoke, listen, don't. I don't know who was advising him. I'm not sure where he thought he could make more.
Speaker 4: But again, I I always tell you, if you if you deserve what you was asking for, they gave it to you where you was at, because that's what they thought of you.
Speaker 3: The Warriors on the brink of blowing another three one lead.
Speaker 2: Throughout the NBA history, there have been two hundred and ninety instances in which the team is going uh three to one in the playoffs the series, only thirteen times had the team come back to win. The Warriors know all too wellow out blow the three to one lead if they're one of the thirteen teams to do so.
Speaker 3: Cute who you got tomorrow night? Oh man?
Speaker 2: This is a tough one for me because you know game seven is you throw everything out the window. Book, But I can'tnot roll out with with with with with the light Skinned Assassin and Jimmy Bucket and dre mind just with the experience.
Speaker 3: They got, man like if I'm wrong. I take that to the ten.
Speaker 2: But I just with the just with the inconsistent instancies of the young boys over there in Houston, I gotta I gotta row in consistent of Jalen Green. Go ahead and say that everybody else. Hey, Fred van Fleet, the last five games have been on one. Hey, that's a listen. I feel like we don't even respect, Like Fred van Vliet is a champion, a dog, you know what I'm saying, Like he got a proper respect.
Speaker 3: He doing what I expect to do.
Speaker 2: He over there and like win lose a draw, Houston Rockets is gonna be back, win, lose a draw, they gonna be right back like they forgot something they got.
Speaker 3: He may got them boys growing.
Speaker 2: I love what I love, you know what I'm saying, Like we're talking about Van Vliet being a veteran og out there people to get it done and then pack the game and be able to show them and say what he's saying and they mean something.
Speaker 3: Because he out there. So I like what they got going on.
Speaker 2: But even still with that being said, I don't know you got when you got when you got that little dude number thirty. All it take is if he hit one, it's now we were in the matrix. He turned to Neo and everything else. It don't matter. We didn't all seen it happen. The game could could comminge on that right there, if he come out and make one shot and start looking funny, if he give you a little shindy, it's curtains.
Speaker 3: It's about to be a long night.
Speaker 2: And it's like, I don't know, like you say with the with the to me when I say inconsistencies with Huskin, it's like they don't know where they gonna where they gonna get they scoring from from night to night. It's like it's nice, like you know who leads them and scoring, and you know who you would expect to do it, but like it's not it's not concrete. You can't hang your hat on it, like all right, we're gonna go such and such from from this player or that player. It's like it might be anybody. And when you got something like that, it's hard for me to roll the dice with that. Yeah, look, shing Goon has been some sensational. He's been doing a great job. He leads them in points, rebounds, assised and steal. I thought I may inserting Steven Adams. He was a difference maker the other night. He gave him rebounding, he gave him toughness.
Speaker 3: Uh, he did.
Speaker 2: He did all the right plays. You know that he went to hacker Adams. He may note of sixteen. And sometimes I think that takes the team out of their rhythm because you now you don't get a flow.
Speaker 3: You stop, you don't get to go up and down.
Speaker 2: But and I don't know what Fred van Fleet did from games three through six, I mean four through six. But he been old one. Yeah, he I mean he's been old one. I mean he's I'm talking about. He's coming down on the break and he like, now you're on the basket. I don't want the two. I want this pull up. I want this twenty six foot pull up. And it's been it's been money. I like what they're doing when it comes to Steff because and he tried to come up that pick. They doubling make him get them all up because I don't believe. Look, Draymond, I'm not worried about Draymond. You know that Draymond always take the first shot because you why the that's open, Nigga, leave moving two? You not finna make eight of those, Steph Curry can, so you shoot as many of them as you want. Draymond, We're not gonna worry. We're not gonna worry ourselves with that, but what we will wear ourselves with. And to make sure Steph don't get a rich, don't catch founders, keep Jimmy Butler off the free throw line because you know he's gonna attack the basket.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be interesting to see Steve Curle, how does he play this thing?
Speaker 2: Because remember the other night he started Gary Payton second, he went away from his normal line up with Potzimski. So does he go back to that queue or does he still does he ride? Does he ride with Gary Payton the second again? Or is is Moody inserted into the starting lineup? What's he gonna what's he gonna do? I might start Moody and bring bring up, bring bring gp off because he's a pace changer to me, you know what I'm saying. He comes in and supposed to break braise and energy and things like that. If it's not right, try and get some energy, defensive energy going. I would start Moody to see I mean, I like what Moody's been doing. He presents a lot of length defensively, you know what I'm saying. And I wouldn't I would start him. He's been shooting the bar. I mean not not I as well as you. He makes a big show. Yeah, he's he's telling that he had knocked down the shot, and he'll make some plays drive to the basket, and like I say, most importantly, he got that. He got a lot of lean defensively, and that's you know, that's always big in these games.
Speaker 3: Ojoe, what you think the Warrior's gonna blow another three one league? Absolutely not. You know, Curry not having another bad game like that.
Speaker 4: Listen, even with even what they try to do, trapping him, you know, making making all shots contested, it's not happening.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 4: The Warriors have a championship pedigree and there's no way in hell they lose a game seven.
Speaker 2: Not like this.
Speaker 4: It's definitely not gonna happen. I think Draymond, Draymond can do what Draymond does, Jimmy Butler, like you say, he gonna get to the basket whether they try to stop it or not. He's gonna be aggressive, He's gonna be playoff.
Speaker 3: Jimmy like we used to see him when he was with Miami and and and Curry. He gonna cook.
Speaker 4: He gonna cook, especially after after that last game. He's not gonna have another performance.
Speaker 2: I think Draymond need to make sure he stayed within himself because I think sometimes he gets going too early and he kind of gets himself. He gets himself out of out of rhythm. He gets early files, he gets text and now he knows in a game like Game seven, they gonna probably get to take early because you know, they're not gonna throw him out.
Speaker 3: They don't want to impact the game like that.
Speaker 2: So he he he has a very good understanding because most players to do with Draymond, dunt oh, they'll be gone, they be teed up.
Speaker 3: Woo or would you say whoo take that with you on the on the way out, go out of here, bro. Yeah, but they wouldn't do. They wouldn't do. They wouldn't do them do that to him in the playoffs though, Uh.
Speaker 2: No, That's what I'm saying. He knows, but I think sometimes he gets it, gets somebody his get now. Sometimes he robs himself up. He gets the team going. But it had the opposite effect. The other night they got the rockets going. Yeah, Tren Goon, there was there was problem on the glass. I mean they crushed them. They crushed them on the glass. They had twenty five offensive rebounds. That's part of d mind. Soon he gotta play with that edge. You gotta play with the you know, with the way he played, that's that's part of what makes him him. If he doesn't play like that, he's not as impact for as or as effective as he can't be.
Speaker 3: Now, I agree with you. He got to toe that line and tuck it in when he needed to.
Speaker 2: But like he absolutely gotta play like that to be the most impactful and the best version of Draymond Green.
Speaker 3: Like you say, you can't step over that line, but he gotta toe it.
Speaker 2: And and plus that big line up that Houston go out there with with with Sam, with El Sam Adams, with Steven Adams and Shingoon. The Warriors can't match up with that. That's why Adams and Shangoon was killing him on the glass. God, you really you don't want to play looney, You really don't, because you don't really give you a whole lot offense. But he set pigs and he could rebound, but shin gooon gonna put it whoever on the on the offensive end. And so now you got big Adams, They like, okay, now you take a shoot off the floor. We want you to play. You know, they try to. They try to put posts out there. Who's a big that can stretch the Floyd shoot that? But he's a little bit too inconsistent. So if I may, I'm gonna keep listening Curry. I'm gonna try to get the ball out of his hand as much as I possibly can. I'm gonna trap it every chance I get. He goes to that corner. Hey, the big guy roll we come we come from. We get your help backside hold on. We're not let Kurr get no easy shots. Huh.
Speaker 4: We talked about Curry, We talked about Jimmy, we talked about Draymond. We ain't talk about the elephant in the room. What is Kurr gonna do about Kaminga. Obviously, you're mostly one of your most athletic players.
Speaker 3: We lived against the Rockets and the game's durning us.
Speaker 2: In the regular season against the Rockets, he averaged the most points for the Warriors against them, So.
Speaker 3: It only makes sense. It only said that game seven to put him in there. I don't Jonathan.
Speaker 2: Steve curR said, Jonathan Kaminga returns to the rotation of the one hundred percent on the table for in game seven, one hundred percent Kaminga is on the table. We kind of found a formula head in the latter part of the season. We've stayed with that for him to start this series up three to one. Things are going well, and obviously the last few games are gone very poorly. We have to assess everything. The lineup combination started, all of that we have to assess. I don't know why he fell out of favor and what happened with that. But did y'all see him the last time he got in the games? He didn't look like he was like, he didn't look locked in and looked like he would be. I hope the young fellows do get out there and balled out of but I hate so from the looks of everything that he did last time, they don't look likely done. Looks like he's mentally there, you know, like when you were a young fellow like that. I don't know how easy it is for you to get back into it.
Speaker 4: Right, Hey, a Q when when you have a coach that that is not playing you and you don't know what's going on of what happened. Obviously we don't know from the outside looking at what happened internally. For you to be one of the best players on that team that can contribute on both on both ends of the court and then not getting me playing time, it has to be it has to be something.
Speaker 3: It has to be something that we don't know publicly. But I'm me. I hope his confidence is there. You know, if you after not playing for so long some sometime something like that can do something to you.
Speaker 4: Mental obviously, when he does get in the game, or is he gonna be gunshot, is gonna be scared to pull the trigger?
Speaker 3: Is he gonna be hesitant?
Speaker 2: I mean, if it was me, my boy, I'd be like, listen, I can't take it personally, he benched Jason Tatum, Who will.
Speaker 3: I be mad at here? Okay?
Speaker 2: Answer me, like, I'm gonna just take it like a champ and keep it moving, you feel me? I mean real talk though, like, yeah, don't. I don't know what Kaminga's done, but he's definitely been out of the rotation and he's one of the more athletic guys. He can defend, he can get to, he can get all the way to the rim. He can not callule a knock down to three. That's not his strong suit. But for whatever aid, he don't even get no mop up minutes, like damn, let me let me break us wet so I don't have to get on the bike after the game, Yeddy, he can't get no cardio here. He gotta get on the bike after the game after city, like I'm all steal and I got to get thirty minutes on the.
Speaker 3: Station the back.
Speaker 2: And then he's saying he was getting shot up after one of the games and everything like that's a that's a little bad signal, like yeah, I'm horight, Like.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he probably said give me a hey, y'all, y'all not gonna play, get me out of here, Let me go somewhere, A let me go somewhere. At least I can get driven, I can play. I ain't say hey, look, I'm not saying I'm SGA. I ain't saying I'm one of the five ten best playft in the NBA. But damn, I see guys that I know I'm better than, and they getting ten fifteen minutes a night.
Speaker 3: I can't get that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know a perfect place for moving around. You know the perfect place for him too, Man, ain't nobody coming there? Know the perfect place? Bright right right here?
Speaker 3: He thinks nobody always want to go to the You want to go to the Miami Heat. I mean pat Riley with them nineteen with them nineteen fifty five rules. Hey, listen, it ain't it ain't. It ain't as bad as you think it is.
Speaker 2: Man to mate, Listen, when you look at the look at the guys that go there, they have some of their best years, they careers when they go and look at the guys leave. I saw Dwayne Wade leave, I saw Jimmy Butler leave. I saw Lebron James leave. Now that's three of the best players that you had in the last fifteen years. Now tell me what I don't know. Q. Yeah, holdo, holdo, let it fish up. You can chime in atter, MQ.
Speaker 3: We all got family, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sometimes sometimes you get mad at trying to tell your uncle or your cousin or even your mom, boy, your brother or sister. Right.
Speaker 3: I like that. I like where you're going, I ain't leaving them. They they he aint. Look, he didn't leave for good.
Speaker 2: He left from one of over in his auntyhouse, and then he came back over here and back.
Speaker 3: To uncle house. He came back. Okay, you Jimmy, you made Jimmy coming back. I just say Jimmy came back.
Speaker 2: I was talking about d Wade when we said that, when we told you, okay, what about Lebron Lebron going back to Miami?
Speaker 3: No, I said family.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying the mere fact that family left. In fact, if I leave a house, Yeah, how about when I'm on hard, d Wade was a different type of family, Like d Wade was drafted, home grown there, that's Dade County.
Speaker 3: And he left, and you can't say the same for Lebron or Jimmy. So it wasn't that same type of thing. Q.
Speaker 2: He left and came back, and they both admitted that it was some wrongdoings and reasons why they.
Speaker 3: Left, and they came together and pieced up and it's all love. Yeah, this is all this ain't Ha's all love?
Speaker 2: And I see d Wade as part owner in the Utah Jazz He's singing court side of the Utah Jazz.
Speaker 3: Why is it he seeing courtside in Miami? His family now.
Speaker 2: Turn out turning out d Wade, dude be sitting courtside in Miami. He got a statue in Miami, and here he's a fuss and he deserved the small businessman deserved and deservedly so. But we can't we can't pretend like people do not aren't fed up with Paton Rowley and those arcad waves.
Speaker 3: You that's that's not being truth. You hear it. But it can't can go two ways though.
Speaker 2: You gotta understand that some of those same ways that people being critical of are the reasons for some of the most brilliant careers that you talk about, The best version.
Speaker 3: Of Lebron James that you know was right there under those are. Tell me I'm wrong. I still like Lebron when he went back to Cleveland. No, you asked anybody in the.
Speaker 2: League that Lebron them two years back to back, please please?
Speaker 3: That was that was hell on wheels.
Speaker 2: Boy, You hear me like plean you're talking about let's say that both sides, okay, that he had his best years and then what made Lebron leave you got the the twenty seven game winning street What happened to you?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't heard a lot of you know what happened he wa I heard about cookies being taken in the way. I didn't heard about all.
Speaker 3: Type of stuff.
Speaker 2: But I also heard that some of the same things that he ran from, that he tried to take one of him and bring it bestow on these other organizations when he went there.
Speaker 3: So it wasn't all bad. You already listen.
Speaker 2: You already know rich Mavi's gonna be there every day. Mavery's my chief of staff, not mad excuse me, H, what's the other one?
Speaker 3: That Randy?
Speaker 2: Randy's gonna be there. Have you ever seen Lebron James anywhere without Randy? I have not, whether it's out in Vegas, whether whatever the case may be, Randy's gonna be there.
Speaker 3: You passion to let him be there? Oh, he gonna be there. You want it, He's gonna be They don't want it.
Speaker 2: But you know how you already know what you when you sign up, if you get, if you get y'arnis what you see.
Speaker 3: What the y'all's brother is where you at? You ain't time out? Time out? Though, when you just said you already know what you get when you sign up, right, so you have you.
Speaker 2: Can't say that and then say that Lebron came to Miami as a free agent knowing, knowing that the Godfather was the Godfather, and the Godfather do what the Godfather does and he always had You signed.
Speaker 3: Up for that. I did, but not for the de petty and take some damn cookies away. I ain't anything. Listen, you told.
Speaker 2: It could have been a head, then it could have been anything, but the cookies is what set it up. But like, this is what you signed up for when you signed up. I ain't sign up for this. I signed him to come down here to get structure. I wanted to play with d Wade, Chris Bosh and okay, trs me to get you two championships, and it showed you how to go on the rest of the way of be a champion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we talked.
Speaker 4: We talked about the heat of the old Let's talk about the new heat. Let's talk about the new heat. And it doesn't matter, it's still Pat running it. I'm gonna say they about to get somebody.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I've been talking tall already. I already know. That's what you, that's what you.
Speaker 2: That's that's what people always understood and knew. Pat Riley the godfather is always won't move away. And then they won the championship. Like he always willing to swing for the fences and do what needs to be gone, but he don't have the draft capital to do it. What are you gonna do? I think about it.
Speaker 3: He couldn't get Kevin Durant, he couldn't get Damn Lillard.
Speaker 2: So in order to get well, let's just say, for the sake of argument, Kevin Durant, what do you think it's gonna take for him to get Kevin Durant?
Speaker 3: He gonna have to give up to hero and Bam. Then what who could he get? Johnson? I don't think so. I told you, I told you who were going to get. I told you already, told you already. I told I think a Q.
Speaker 4: I sat down with Pat, pat Riley and Mickey Harrison. I done told Robert Lorry, I have told the ice old Joe. I have told you already and I'm telling you. I'm telling you too. I talked to Pat, I sat.
Speaker 3: Down with Nick Harrison, and we're gonna get honest, we're gonna get John Morn. I'm trying to figure out what are you?
Speaker 2: But see the thing listen, only they're only a handful of team that have the pieces, but they want assets because they gave up all those assets to get said players. Q. You know how this thing worked a lot of time, Like, man, I want to go over there, and when you get there, they had to they had to gut it to get you. And so now you they're in the same situation you were in where you left from. They're not gonna be able to I don't see how they get to Kevin Durant in Miami and keep Bam and Tyler Hero. Oh you talking about I want Dunki Robinson and Hospital And you'd be surprised what what these deals shake out once these players step out and say that they want to be moved. We seen like guys ain't been like been yielding what you thought, like when you look at what Rudy Gobert got in his trade and then the trade he.
Speaker 3: Got four first rounders?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what what what started happening after he did that? Nobody was getting all of these first rounders and it was looking how like how did Rudy get you hit Rudy for all of this, and you hit such and such for all of that that it wasn't.
Speaker 3: Going the same way.
Speaker 2: They're not giving as much up, especially when these teams, like when you get putting that pigeonhole like a player, come out and say, hey, I won't out of.
Speaker 3: Out like you done.
Speaker 2: You're not like we ain't gotta we ain't gotta be in your backing cub because we are basically helping you at this point because your dude just said he won't out. So no matter what happens, you gotta get out or got you. Your situation is blown up. So at that point, all if they exhausted to a certain point, it'll get bad.
Speaker 3: See I told you, I told it. Here is the thing.
Speaker 2: Why didn't get that bad? Why didn't get that bad? They can make pull the trigger for Dame Lillard.
Speaker 3: That question.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know the answer to that. I thought that I thought that was a done deal. Like everybody else, they didn't want to give up Tyler Hero.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't see if I don't scenario where a team doesn't get Tyler Hero back as a piece.
Speaker 3: Do you see that scenario. Never know, man, You know I didn't see it.
Speaker 2: I didn't see I didn't see a scenario on the planet where Dallas was trading Luca.
Speaker 3: But look what happened. Yeah, so I didn't learn my lesson, like I didn't see Shaq get traded. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: MJ left the boys like anything happened in the right circumstances.
Speaker 3: They'll do whatever they feel is the best. That's just how I go. And then they gonna tell you that's good. Didn'tess you know what I'm saying, was best for the organization.
Speaker 2: That's why don't be mad when players go do what they gotta doo