Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: The breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Morning everybody, It's dj n V. Just hilarious, charlamage the guy. We are the breakfast club Lawn. La Rosa is here as well, and we got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 4: Guy, we got comedian Tony Baker.
Speaker 2: Welcome.
Speaker 1: What's uthing? Man?
Speaker 4: How you feeling good?
Speaker 1: I feel great. First time I met.
Speaker 4: You, I wasn't here the first time you came up, I was traveling.
Speaker 1: You was hiding from it, man, I wasn't I was going to ask you the hard hitting question. I really didn't have.
Speaker 4: How you feeling, brother, I'm good man.
Speaker 1: You're blessed to be out here. I love coming to New York. I can never I never get enough time out here. Though it's always a quick in and out. I want to be out here for like a month.
Speaker 5: You said, driving in New York makes you balder. Yeah, man, how did you come to stress school?
Speaker 1: Because he from rented a car. I shouldn't have messed around.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I flew in, I rented a car, and then I drove from JFK to Manhattan, and I was like.
Speaker 6: I knew nothing from the airport, even the people that live here. You take a car or Yeah it was.
Speaker 1: It was a big miss steak A lost off my head. It was luxurious. You had a full I had a full.
Speaker 5: Head before you came here. And I also saw you say that a whole bagel is just too dense.
Speaker 1: It's just too much. Man, you need half a bagel.
Speaker 2: Why would you eat a bagel Tony?
Speaker 1: Why? I don't really eat bagels like that because they're so thick, So it's like half.
Speaker 4: But now, but New York is known for bagels and pizza.
Speaker 2: I ain't never you know.
Speaker 5: You know, when I first moved to New York, I was I was waking up in the morning ask people for biscuits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they was looking at me like I was crapy, come on down, come on.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm biscuits McGee, biscuit head in the Trap, the track in the Trap Man biscuit a head man, watch out, biscuit head.
Speaker 2: Got you damn?
Speaker 6: Where did they ain't come from? Just because you eat them?
Speaker 1: I just made it up, like recently because I'm a fiend for the biscuits. They got some good vegan biscuits out here.
Speaker 2: Piecea no such thing.
Speaker 1: They're good, though, but they kind of dry. But I like them dry are vegan pretty much? Yeah, I'm vegetaring one hundred percent, but mostly vegan.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what that means.
Speaker 4: What's the difference. I'm sorry, I don't know, well.
Speaker 1: Vegan, Like it's like I might get a cookie that might have milkshot live in there, or you know, I might have a pancake that got you know, some milk in there, or like butter. So I can't claim vegan. You know, the vegans are serious, but why are you eating the I was like, you know what I'm saying that my back was against the wall, So I don't fully claim it, but one hundred percent vegetarian.
Speaker 4: But you eat fish. I don't eat fish. No, no animals, okay, no animal.
Speaker 1: People always exclude fish from the meat.
Speaker 4: I don't know. She just said it to I heard her ask somebody like you to eat fish though No.
Speaker 6: I said, do you still eat shrimp? Because someone was saying that they were vegan.
Speaker 2: It's all meat.
Speaker 1: If you an animal, you meat.
Speaker 6: Well, now I'm confused because I know people who don't eat meat but will still eat fish and shrimp.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they still eat meat.
Speaker 6: You just said it's meat.
Speaker 1: It's all meat. If it's an animal. You meat.
Speaker 5: And when you say you don't eat meat, like I don't eat beef. I don't eat red meat.
Speaker 4: That's me.
Speaker 1: That's meat.
Speaker 5: But I don't eat beef. I don't eat red meat. But I will eat fish, I eat chicken, I eat turkey.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, you in the games absolutely.
Speaker 2: Talking about I can tell me.
Speaker 5: I can't period, you know, but I love when you do your ten thoughts of the day, man, because like you put a fat Joe, don't let people talk.
Speaker 1: You don't let nobody talk.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I'll be watching him and Jada Man, Jada, Jada be saying five words of episode. But I watch every episode his story.
Speaker 6: It's so good.
Speaker 1: I love it. I'm glad they did it. But uh, and the way Jada reacts to Joe graz crazy and so, but Joe don't let people talk, man, He come in man. He rolled all over Jim Jones as soon as the episode started.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, but except when it came to the nos conversation, Yeah, conversation.
Speaker 6: He let him talk.
Speaker 1: No, he did, he did, and then he was like, but then Jim Jones put his foot in his mouth when he was like, put the billboards up and then that's the way messed up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I don't even know why that's even a conversation, Like you know what I mean, Like I love I like Jim.
Speaker 2: I love Jim Jones a lot.
Speaker 5: I think Jim Jones has been putting out some of the best music from over the last several years, probably the best music from from New York until now I started dropping those Kings Diseases.
Speaker 1: That's run. Now, this is my favorite rapper of all time. And with that hit boy Run, that just solidified his spot for me. Yeah, because that late in the game, making albums that hot, I don't know who else.
Speaker 5: Has done that and making it for people our age, Yeah, I don't even know, don't even on scarf facing jay Z can still make great music.
Speaker 2: And Common there's a lot of guys over in that age that make great.
Speaker 1: Sure, but they put out like you know one like you know Common and Pete Rock did a phenomenal job, but it's.
Speaker 4: Just be like you know in the series, the series, but now still gets busy. Yeah, hands down.
Speaker 1: That sixth albums, Yeah, they were all good.
Speaker 2: You ain't gonna won his first Grammy crazy, You ain't gonna get that one.
Speaker 1: He was overdue. So yeah, he my favorite.
Speaker 2: You said a shot. He has a great laugh, she.
Speaker 1: Do, she'd be laughing, And I'm a comedian, so I'll be looking for the laugh. Like you know, I feed off there y'all just sitting there taking and I'm like, man, about audition for S and L a few years back, and they were just sitting in the shadows. Gave me nothing. I was up there giving one hundred and thousand percent. Man, they were just sitting in the shadows. It was just silhouettes. They was sitting there like he's sitting right now, just with robes on, just looking squinty eyed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, full commitment.
Speaker 1: Nothing ain't.
Speaker 6: Auditions are like that. They normally don't give you much and all they got.
Speaker 1: To give me something. And I'm onna stay just saying that a live I cauld see if it was a drama, like if I'm doing the Viola David scene, I done lost the kids, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So you was sweating like I was up there giving it.
Speaker 1: All I had, and they was like, I don't even know if I got that. And they were silhouetted.
Speaker 4: How do you leave that? Right?
Speaker 2: They were silhouetted?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I couldn't see it. All I saw was bodies and it was just like it was like they was all on Gangland confessing about the crimes, and you just couldn't see nothing. And I was like, all right, damn, thanks for having me, y'all.
Speaker 5: You ever got any cheeks? Because you told the girl she had a great laugh, I don't think so. Yeah, I can't remember that being the reason. Like, Man, you got a great laugh, and then the panties dropped, because.
Speaker 2: They always have you a comedian. If you can make them laugh, you can crack the ass.
Speaker 5: So I always wanted I wanted you making them laugh, and then you give them that compliment.
Speaker 2: Does that do something for him? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, I don't know. Usually I give that compliment in the moment, like during the show Man, you got a great laugh. That happened to me in Austin last weekend. She had a great laugh.
Speaker 2: But you could just be doing that because you want the cry to keep laughing.
Speaker 1: No, she really had a good one, though. It was like a residual holdover laugh, because some audiences laugh real quick and then hush, and I hate those.
Speaker 6: I think people were in the audience that you heard just.
Speaker 1: Her laugh like she was in the front row. She was like and it was like I would say something that Joe had finished and she's still giggling and then with the tear white. But I got the laugh and the tear wipe. So I was like, oh, this is I need to clone her and just bring up every show was the Austin show. It was Austin. Yeah, I was the Austin last week.
Speaker 2: And you said you would have canceled the show if you knew they had a serial killer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're a serial killer.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that. I ain't see that.
Speaker 1: No where they got a serial killer allegedly out there. It's a whole bunch of men. They've been finding men at this lake called Ladybird Lake and just you know, dead dudes, and they're thinking like they be capturing them because it's a lot of like partying around there, like drinking, and so they've been finding these bodies, like the three weeks.
Speaker 6: Ago it was thirty eight bodies found thirty and rumors rife as thirty eight bodies found in and around Ladybird Lake. So far, this is they've been.
Speaker 4: Quiet on the serial killers. This one a long Island too, Yes, recently.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's not to go to Long Island.
Speaker 2: It's what kind of dad though, just dad, like like booty home.
Speaker 1: They didn't say the cause of death, but does it matter.
Speaker 5: Yes, I don't even know what's going on, like anything missing, Like I'm saying, like he's just killing people and just putting the body there like nothing.
Speaker 2: There's no motive, no, because usually.
Speaker 1: They got an mo like you know they would killed this way. But I don't tak Yeah, you know what I mean, like no souvenirs, you know, mark of a serial killer.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you really felt unsafe?
Speaker 1: No, I didn't.
Speaker 2: Okay, I went to the scene of the crime. Yeah.
Speaker 6: But wait, I mean because the thirty eight, I mean, this is no normal. I'm not gonna say. That's gonna sound sensitive, nerman.
Speaker 2: It's gonna sound insensitive.
Speaker 1: Problem.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what I meant. That's what said. I was going to say. The thirty eight bodies is over three years.
Speaker 5: Girl, you know how long that it is a short period of time.
Speaker 6: You'all didn't want to say, y'all mean, oh got you got you year?
Speaker 1: That's a lot.
Speaker 6: Yes, But when you say serial killer, I'm thinking, like holl like with like a Jeffrey Dahmers, like everything's back to back to back to back to back.
Speaker 2: They got a space of not long it took for them to catch Jeffrey Donald.
Speaker 6: For the movie scene was like an hour.
Speaker 1: They took a while.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey Donald was killing people for at least several.
Speaker 1: Years, did the riots early on they pulled him over and everything trunk. Yeah, if he was black, he would have get caught immediately absolutely to check that you got half a victim if he was black.
Speaker 7: Now you said Jeffrey Donmond was out for thirteen years from seventy eight to ninety one, and the first victim in seventy he said, what.
Speaker 6: Each other, but like he's a little dormant, like you were fine, but okay, but no, he's very on. It's not funny because people have died.
Speaker 2: Nobody, nobody but you nobody was funny.
Speaker 6: You know what you continue on?
Speaker 4: Let me shut up in this one. Now he said that he might get off.
Speaker 1: Well, they you know, they changed what they dropped some of the charges. Charges.
Speaker 2: Question this hold on one quick, real quick.
Speaker 5: Yes, you know Jeffrey Dama killed seventeen people in thirteen years, so Austin got thirty eight.
Speaker 6: You know the timeline on Jeffrey Donald. I thought it was way quicker. Is crazy numbers, it's all they're trying to figure out the number. It's still reports and rumors claim their bodies, someone is saying Austin police, they're still trying to figure out the numbers.
Speaker 5: And at least Dama was eating the men, not but like, what is the this guy doing? Whoever this person is, could be a woman, could be a woman, yeah, could be a woman because it's all men.
Speaker 4: She gotta be a diesel woman because you got to carry them into the lake. Right.
Speaker 1: What's weird about the Austin thing is I can't find like causes of death, Like they've been finding them in the in the water, maybe drowning or whatever.
Speaker 6: So it's like, but the numbers keep changing. It's nineteen, and it's thirty eight, then it's thirty eight, then it's nineteen.
Speaker 2: But you know, we don't even know how they're dying.
Speaker 1: No, No, they didn't have it listed.
Speaker 2: Damn. Yeah.
Speaker 6: The causes of death have been mainly attributed to accidental drownings. But the second thing that they're saying is potential suicide as well as drug overdose and natural causes. I mean, this is just for two teens that were found.
Speaker 1: Way did you get the serial on the lake killing themselves?
Speaker 6: That many times the articles are saying serial killer, but then they all they're trying to figure it out.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's like romantic.
Speaker 5: Maybe somebody's luring them to the lake and they're being romantic about it and then killing them in some subtle way.
Speaker 1: But could you know what I mean, like drugging somebody and then take them to the lake and just throw them in there. And all men, mostly men.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a lot of that case, a lot of their cases. About half a dozen of the cases remain unknown. There's one of the cases that I just mentioned that was ruled a murder. They're still trying to figure this out, y'all.
Speaker 2: I didn't know about this till I heard Tony talking about it. Now I'm like, I got it. Now, you're gonna have me down a rabbit hole in the tree.
Speaker 6: I'm done a rabbit hole now. Because Austin police are saying they're denying the rumors of it being a serial killer, but at the same time they're still investigating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thoughts to the day, all right, Now, before I go to Diddy, you said, you you pay attention to a woman's hands.
Speaker 1: Why I just do, Like, I look at the woman's hands.
Speaker 4: They're not big.
Speaker 1: Nah, it's just always look, you know, because a lot of women take care of their hands, like Lauren has great hands. In the finger and the finger length and the moisturization and stuff like that. I pay attention to that, the nails, all that good stuff, especially when they be taking selfies and they be holding the phone a certain way. I always in the hand, y'all, don't be looking at the woman's hands.
Speaker 4: I'm married, David married.
Speaker 1: Well, as your wife's saying, did y'all ever look at that all the time? Remember that Seinfeld episode when he was dating the girl with the man hands.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, she had man hands.
Speaker 2: She had a.
Speaker 1: Woman. She was a woman in the episode, but her hands was like you could tell there was a big man hand. When she would reach over Tom and she wanted to wipe some food off his cheek and he was like, no, I'm good, and then you just see a big, robust hand. Come.
Speaker 2: I never used to watch that.
Speaker 1: I felt, oh, man, you're missing out.
Speaker 5: Man, I hear that, But you know, I just never went into it for some reason from the South. Yeah, I was nost You also said on your ten Thoughts of the Day, you said, a wet handshake makes my soul with it. So what if it's a beautiful woman with nice hands with her hands are wet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the wet hands is just gross. I can't deal with it, especially if we if we're gonna be talking, we're gonna be intimate, it's gonna be a wet hand.
Speaker 2: All the time.
Speaker 1: She's gonna be massaging me with a wet hand.
Speaker 5: Or what if it's wet because she because you got her like that and she's been putting her hand on the playing with that thing.
Speaker 4: You did it like that. He could you could have just said.
Speaker 1: It without the visual representation. But no wet handshake is the worst though. Yeah, Like, if you got a wet dap, I'm gonna pounds you up after that.
Speaker 3: I hate to do with the one nail, that one nail scratch you like I hate dapping dudes with the long nail.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, you a vampire.
Speaker 2: The one long picky is for the coke.
Speaker 1: That's for the coach. I'm like, yo, if you ain't doing that, then you better be a vampire. If you scratched me up in the dap, damn and women be looking at man's hand.
Speaker 5: It is disrespectful. I think about that all the time. You wash your hands, Like if I know my hands been a little dap, I tell her, I tell you, like now my hand damn and I give you an elbow.
Speaker 2: Disrespectful.
Speaker 1: You know, come around the corner with random wetness, gross repeat on yourself. Get it man.
Speaker 5: And the thing that you got to look out for that you don't never realize is you know, you know, sometimes you might just be walking in tuggy penis. But and then like like you know, if you at the house of something, you tugy peenis, did somebody walk in?
Speaker 2: Give them?
Speaker 1: You don't do that like wrong penis touff like wrong like inside.
Speaker 2: The tug don't do that.
Speaker 4: You walk around this tugget peenis just just.
Speaker 2: Randomly why it's a long story, but.
Speaker 5: When I was younger, I had bought these pills called Magna RX.
Speaker 4: It seems like we all do it.
Speaker 1: But I thought he meant like outside the clothing adjustment you just like when I.
Speaker 5: Was young I had bought these pills called Magna RX and it was supposed to be pills to make a penis bigger. And so one of the things that they told you when you buy the Magna X is you read it. They told you do this little exercise where you tug on it when it's flasted. And so that's just a habit I've had since I was young.
Speaker 1: I respect the fact that you admitted that you get the penis enlargement pig.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I ordered them out the back of double X up. Wow. Yeah, I don't know. Actually, how old was you? I was early twenty.
Speaker 1: You don't know what they were.
Speaker 2: I don't know. That's a good question.
Speaker 1: You don't measure.
Speaker 5: I've been seven inches street four for a long time. Eight when it's eight, when it's summertime.
Speaker 1: You don't measure ivy, No, why not?
Speaker 4: I've been married for so long.
Speaker 1: Measure stop leading on marriage. Never. You ain't never measured.
Speaker 6: No, you say it like you do it off every year every year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, make sure ain't no fun and games happening. I measured annually.
Speaker 6: You've seen changes?
Speaker 1: No, it's usually consistent.
Speaker 2: But you know when you get older, when you get older.
Speaker 1: And naturally and so you get shorter. I'm like all right, let me see what's happening. Yeah, yeah, I'm measured every year.
Speaker 2: I just don't know when that when they I know they say when you get older. I just don't know when, right, I don't know. I'll be forty seven on Sunday.
Speaker 1: I don't know a birthday.
Speaker 5: By the way, you thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. So I'm the only person that do a little little little tug when it's flashing.
Speaker 1: A raw tug is wild, especially like where you be at you be at home, you be, you be a whole with the raw tig, it's crazy. That's crazy old food who's.
Speaker 2: Raw to his wild?
Speaker 4: Speaking of Ditty, you said Diddy might get off, right, he was speaking.
Speaker 5: Of those goddamn Diddy nobody's god damn Diddy.
Speaker 4: And the thoughts of the day. You said Diddy might get off. What's your thoughts on Diddy?
Speaker 1: Because they were dropping some charges and I was like.
Speaker 2: Oh, Tony, that's not true, Lauren.
Speaker 6: They backed away from theories. Uh. Then basically the way that the jury was instructed to deliberate was like, don't worry too much about this because this is where we're stronger at. But no charges have actually been drying.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so false headlines, Yes, okay.
Speaker 6: But did you think he was coming home before that?
Speaker 1: I thought he was going in.
Speaker 6: Now you don't think he's going in.
Speaker 1: Once they said that, they was like they dropping the was it sex trafficking? There was like a few that.
Speaker 2: They had arson and the kidnapping.
Speaker 1: I think yeah, the arson, kidnapping and the sex trafficking was I was like, oh, this sounds like he might.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they ain't drop none of those.
Speaker 1: Well, then he going in. He going somewhere, like I don't know how long he getting, but he getting something.
Speaker 2: You put a Paul that God, the whole ship sounded crazy. Get how long he gonna be? But he getting something?
Speaker 6: You posted only things because y'all been in here.
Speaker 1: Tripping on the whole Paul episode.
Speaker 2: Put Paul after that he might get off?
Speaker 1: Why get off? Did he might get off?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I know what you meant. I don't think that needed.
Speaker 4: It felt like it just that's he just gotta just gotta to put a button on.
Speaker 1: The ten thoughts, what do you.
Speaker 3: Think when you when you heard that he allegedly likes men seeming on his nipples?
Speaker 6: He does you ain't hurt nothing else but them charge the job. You ain't hurt that part he like on his nipples. That's one of the girls alleged.
Speaker 2: No, not a girl. Cassie said that. Cassie said that he used to like for what she is? A girl? He said, But you just said a girl.
Speaker 6: I remember which one of the women.
Speaker 2: It was the star witnesses going to court every day.
Speaker 5: She said that the guys used to ejaculate on her, and then Dinny would want her to rub the ejaculation on his nipples.
Speaker 4: He's not joking, he jokes like she did, not joking. This is true, This is real. This is what said.
Speaker 1: That's wild business, Doug. That's wild. I ain't know that. I mean, we're all into summer.
Speaker 2: I guess I ain't in nothing like that.
Speaker 1: It's something you be. You be tugging raw whole foods.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You're liable to do anything at this.
Speaker 2: Point that would sound crazy in the court game, right he was. He was tugging raw and hopefully food.
Speaker 1: In the self served part where you make your own plate. Man wild.
Speaker 6: When you walk in your local whole foods down, they're gonna look at you so different.
Speaker 2: I don't go whole foods. I go on wemon listen, who would you say? You are hopeful too expensive?
Speaker 1: It is expensive?
Speaker 2: What sure woman has spen the two, but it's.
Speaker 4: Hopefully way for expensive Wegmans. Hopeful is different, disrespectful expensive, especially.
Speaker 1: When you build your own and you wear it. They'd be like thirty seven dollars for your rice and your little potato ball. What was you about to say?
Speaker 5: I don't even remember. I don't even remember. Oh you know, who would you say you are? Outside of comedy?
Speaker 1: This is a dad Just regularly, I'll be playing game. I'm a movie nerd for sure, thousand percent. Yeah, out side of the comedy. I'm an actor too, So I started out acting before the comedy, and then I just started doing stand up and I was like, oh, I got more control over my career with this, So, you know, just a naturally funny dude. I denied the funny growing up because my brother's never laughed at me, so I felt like I wasn't funny. So then I would go to school and they'd be laughing, but it never registered, so I was just like whatever.
Speaker 5: That's why being a comedian is so tough, because it's like you need that ballad how you talked about when you did sn L and you didn't get no laughter from them, And then you said your brothers didn't laugh at you.
Speaker 2: So how did you know you was funny?
Speaker 1: I found out people were saying it, but it still just didn't register. It was just like girls be like you funny, and like when you're young. I didn't want to be funny to the girls. This before I knew funny was you know that funny? And I'm like, man, I'm trying to be cool, and like, you know what I'm saying, I'm trying to holler. But then then when I was going through college and stuff and hosting shows and all that stuff, and this random girl pulled me to the side and was.
Speaker 2: Like, you're hilarious.
Speaker 1: I was like, who are you and she was like, I saw you host that MC battle thing. And so then that's when it registered, because she pulled me out of nowhere. I was at a common concert with Electric Circus Tour and she said that, And then it's just always stuck. Man, you know what I'm saying, I might be funny for real. Even though people have been saying it for years, it just never registered. And so and then I used that once I moved to LA for Acts acting and I was like, man, maybe I should try to stand up. That's the way, you know, to get rolls and stuff. And then I did stand up one time and just kept going ever since.
Speaker 4: Remember your wors show. Always talk about your wors show and your best Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember I bombed out here in uh in the Bronx at Rob Stapleton's room.
Speaker 3: Of course Rob Stapleton, who I'm sure it was there.
Speaker 4: Talent, they weren't.
Speaker 1: They weren't there that night. It was just Rob. It was a salsa confuego his short and I went in there. I wasn't planning on going up. I had shorts on me and my ex girlfriend. We were just there. I just wanted to see the room because I know Rob for a long time.
Speaker 2: Let me just go peep people.
Speaker 1: So I'm just sitting there like.
Speaker 2: Yo, do you want to go up?
Speaker 1: I was like, nah, you know what I'm saying. We're just chilling, you know what I'm saying. And then he came back and I was like, I really don't want to go. I had shorts on, basketball shorts that just had on like some jeans shorts and it.
Speaker 2: Was hard to talk in but yeah, it was getting.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. If you're not Gabriel Glaciers, put some pants on and so uh so. I was just like, nah, you know, I didn't want to say nothing, but I was trying to say no. Then he came back a third time. He was like, yo, man, it five minutes. I was like, And then my girl was like, just do five minutes. I was all right, man, I do five minutes. Went up there man telling my jokes. I went up there with the good material and they was just distracted. They was on their phone. I was just like, damn, I'm a bit of tanker. It was other comedians up there like, man, let's see what Tony Biker is all about. Took the al This one made the ale official. After I did that medio cassette. Before I get off stage, robbers like, nah, man, come here, ton y'all don't understand, man, this dude's funny. Man, Damn the nail in the coffin. I was a skeleton in his arms at that point. I was dead on the ride.
Speaker 2: Man, y'all don't get it.
Speaker 1: Man zimp me up, zip up my bag and throw me in the corner the truck man. Oh that's that was the nail in the coffin. Man.
Speaker 4: But you tell your girl when you walked up you did.
Speaker 1: I told you, like, man, I had this shorts on, and you said, and then that's why we broke up. That's not why we broke up. Like I got revenge in Brooklyn like the next night. But uh, that was that was like the latest bomb that sticks with me. I remember my first one. That was at the J Spot in Inglewood and I went up there and it was a black room, kind of hood hood ish, you know. I went up there, did my material. They was just like you know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying. And then I got off stage. Comedian was like, look like he just got out of jail and was like, I'm gonna do comedy. Crowd laughed. I was like, that's crazy. So I took that l down when I was like, yo, I'm gonna get revenge anytime I take an al. I want revenge. I want another show. So I went up there a second time, did worse than the first time. Him double l LLL cool j L Ron Hubbert and then this this how official L was the dude was looking at me in the front row and he was just looking at me, and then he just turned to the side and looked at this girl like, what's up with tonight? And I heard him say and I was just like god damn, because he just turned he was like, yeah, man, what's up with tonight?
Speaker 2: Said nothing. You took me to this black ass comedy shows the best you could take.
Speaker 1: Me a skeleton again, man, I had pants on. Yeah, but I remember the als man, but they're always funnier than the winds though. Yeah.
Speaker 5: You know, you were one of the first to blend stand up and social media in a way to me that didn't feel forced.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but how did you avoid the trap of, like, you know, saying, you know what they say, I suck on stage. I'm just I'm gonna go full time influencer.
Speaker 1: Oh no, like stand up for me is everything. Like I just used social media just to get you to come to my shoeld. And so, you know, when I was doing the voiceovers heavy, my my following exploded the animal voiceover. Yeah, and so once I started doing that, you know now and now the stand up clips are in. But once I started doing the voiceovers, I was like, good, come see me live.
Speaker 2: Did they ever want you to do that on stage? Like Animal Voice? Tony?
Speaker 1: This lady said that recently my shows in Detroit. She was like, I thought you were gonna do like some animals stuf. I was like, that don't translate on stage. It's just like, man, I just thought she was gonna do something, and I think, uh, I think the white audience looks at me like that a little bit, you know, because they come expecting one thing, like the cats. You know what I'm saying. Black folks get it. But she was a white lady and I was like, no, hell, no, home dude, what I'm gonna do on stage? You know, I do talk about animals and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: But man, if I was at a show and I saw somebody bombing and then they broke out in the animal.
Speaker 2: Voice, oh my god, I wouldn't die.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, cute up the video and then just do that, just like a random cat video. And I'm just sitting there, like man, I was, I would be dead inside skeleton again.
Speaker 2: Just put the shorts on me because I love.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna front when somebody's doing really really good, I'm silent because I'm listening. I actually, actually that's why I love watching stand up on TV, because there's nobody around you.
Speaker 2: To laugh over what the next joke might be.
Speaker 5: You know, sometimes comedians y'all tell jokes and then it'll be just like a something small. You'll sandy your breath, but you'll miss it because everybody laughing. So I like to listen. So when somebody's really good, I'm like, like really intently listening and might chuckle.
Speaker 2: But when somebody's bombing, I'm dying.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know that's the word.
Speaker 2: I don't know why, man.
Speaker 1: I'll be feeling bad. I hate laughing at the bomb because I too could be a victim of the bomb. You know, no comedian is above the bomb. Every comedian is bombed. So I'm always scared the karma is gonna come back. So I just be like, damn, man. But if a comedian is cocky and they bomb, I love it. Oh I'll be I'll be eating it up back there. I'll be a full course meal. But like you thought, she was just gonna go up there rip.
Speaker 5: I think the thing that makes me laughing I like seeing people trying to dig their way out of that hole.
Speaker 1: If you do an asshole and you up there taking the air, I'll be like, he loves that, like he loves There's one show he always talks about the God don't do that.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna say the person, but he talks about the show all the time.
Speaker 2: Who is ill? That's my man, and he's over that. He don't got a scrub from the internet.
Speaker 1: Wait, somebody bombs at the garden.
Speaker 2: This years years years square. Yes, but it was so funny, I mean, the best one ever.
Speaker 1: Dang, that's an epic bomb on Biggie birthday.
Speaker 5: And he came out and he said, I want y'all to love me the way y'all love that rappers.
Speaker 1: No he opened with that. Wait was he the headliner?
Speaker 5: No, okay, no, no, that's my guy.
Speaker 2: I don't even want to bring that up. I'll tell you later.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you he's super funny, by the way, he is super fun years.
Speaker 3: He just had a bad Yes, but Charlamagne never talks about the time.
Speaker 4: He super funny. Always just talks about this one incident.
Speaker 1: Because the bombs always stick out. You know, like when we when we talk to each other in the group chat, we'd be like, all right, man, because we had a friend of mine. He would always be like, I killed, I destroyed. We like, alright, man, you know what I'm saying. But when you bomb, we be wanting to hear the story. We'd be like, because it's a funny story when he.
Speaker 4: Bombed, telling them what they said.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing that. I'm not bringing it back up.
Speaker 1: I don't want to back up.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: No, I tell you later, I tell you I don' want to do that. He's a good dude.
Speaker 4: You know it's not on in and anymore now.
Speaker 2: I don't care. I didn't want to bring it up, and don't even bring it up.
Speaker 1: Is he still doing comedy?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, funny solf.
Speaker 1: You got movies.
Speaker 4: Not but he's funny, funny sells out every time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's been around for just that one show was just yeah he's been This was like fifteen years ago.
Speaker 2: Man, trying to figure it out.
Speaker 1: What do you have on? What city?
Speaker 2: He doing that?
Speaker 3: When Tody gonna be at the city grinder Rey today and tomorrow. Yes, if you haven't got your tickets, get your tickets and you come.
Speaker 4: On every every eight years, you come up here nine years.
Speaker 1: No, I was here. Uh last time I was in New York? Was a was it Caroline? So I want to say twenty twenty two, maybe maybe it was twenty one.
Speaker 4: Or twenty years Caroline's closing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think that was the last time I can game out here solo. Me and Kevin going on on tour. Me and Kevi on stage, going on tour in September, the ball Brothers Tour starting September through November, and we're doing like fifteen cities and this is a show where we're both on stage at the same time. It's very audience interactive.
Speaker 2: We've been super cool. Oh yeah coming up here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's here now, Yes, today, Yes, sneaky. I was wondering why he was awake because we played pool on the phone all the time and I thought he was in LA and I was, I was, I was texting him the Pool game. I was like, what, you're still up? I know here early bird. So but yeah, we're going on tour, so he probably gonna talk about it too there.
Speaker 2: So what's the website. It's, uh, you can get tickets.
Speaker 1: On Kevi on stage dot com right now and it's gonna be on more links to but we start that in September.
Speaker 2: That's dope, man, traveling to traveling the country, getting money with your friends. It's the best.
Speaker 1: It's the best. That's what I want to what up doing a stand.
Speaker 4: Up Well, get your tickets. He's gonna be in the city this weekend and we appreciate you for joining us, Tony.
Speaker 1: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Tell him to follow you and all that stuff, so you can follow me.
Speaker 1: Tony Baker on Instagram, Tony Baker Comedy on YouTube Tony Baker Comedy. I hate my TikTok name, Tony Bigger Comedy real you know how you always got to add stuff. Yah, man, that's why don't even go on TikTok. I'll be like man here, but uh yeah, mainly Tony Baker Comedy. You can find me anywhere and.
Speaker 5: Subscribe to Tony's podcast to wherever you listen to podcasts at.
Speaker 1: Yes, Verbal Cardio get in on it. And we got the Ball Brothers podcast as well.
Speaker 4: So it's the Breakfast Club. It's Tony Baker, Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club