Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty Armstrong and Petty and he arms get it.
Speaker 2: Who live from Studio C see signor It is a dimly lit room deeper in the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communications compound.
Speaker 1: You can smell the weekend from there.
Speaker 2: On Little Friday and today we are under the tutelage of our general manager.
Speaker 3: Your holiday travel plans, Oh boy, will they be this screwed?
Speaker 1: This is getting real up in here with the whole shut down. Now it's real, the shumor shut down.
Speaker 2: Jack, Okay, it took a month, but now it's real. Now it not matters like everybody, So.
Speaker 3: Any Republican messaging continues to be just miserably bad.
Speaker 1: But I won't harp on about that more.
Speaker 3: Almost, I need to meet what's his name, Tom Smith, Mike Johnson, the Speaker of the House, if that is his real name, John Doe, and tell him, dude, look, just call me in a ten minute phone call. Will agree on some good simple verbiage all your people can use. I know it's kind of insulting to the intelligence of people that they hear the same talking point.
Speaker 1: Over and over again.
Speaker 3: But in the modern world, in a country at three hundred and forty million people, you've got to.
Speaker 1: Have a concise message.
Speaker 2: And the reason it's getting real is they're gonna cancel tons of flights starting tomorrow to deal with the shortages at the airport. So we've got details on that coming up in a moment. But yeah, it's gonna start affecting everyone.
Speaker 3: I will be sel pissed if my family's giant Thanksgiving week plans get messed up.
Speaker 2: Start if it's this is happening over Thanksgiving, it can't. That's a pressure point. That's a pressure point of solving the problem. Thanksgiving no way, because I mean, you would have one very angry electorate because it would affect everybody's travel plans right right.
Speaker 3: And not to get into the specifics of it, because I'm not in the mood, but to play that fast and loose with abusing people and the things that matter to them most pursuit of happiness in the name of seeing who will be blamed and perhaps we can get a temporary and incremental advantage in the midterms.
Speaker 1: God, I'd like to put all their heads and vices. Ah, that sounds like political violence.
Speaker 3: Although I was thinking about this, I need to talk to Hanson about this. How's our f Yalliican Party March coming along? I demand an f Yalliican Party T shirt. This is my new political party I created.
Speaker 1: I'm tired of y'all.
Speaker 3: F y'all, and We've formed a political party, f Yallickans and.
Speaker 1: Our our our logo is where is It's around here? Somewhere? Is there? It is is a.
Speaker 3: Deemed eagle in front of a couple of stripes and a couple of stars. Very American, fantastic. What's that's the American spirit? Though, isn't it? Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Come on? What's the most popular TV show in America? NFL? NFL?
Speaker 2: NFL Football? And I got a game tonight Raiders Broncos. I'm rooting for the Raiders. I'm a Chiefs fan and I need them to lose. But main the main thing I was going to bring it up for is I heard this somewhere else and just I looked it up a little bit because I wanted more information. Today is the anniversary of really the beginning of football. The first ever college football game was played today, and then that became popular, and then the NFL came out of that professional football. And then I heard them on the tea say, of course, in the first college football game, which was played on this day in eighteen sixty nine, I think holy counting that early. Well, they just threw out there and then moved on to the next story without any more explanation. Of course, in the first football game, they were not allowed to carry the football or throw it in other news, and I thought, what they.
Speaker 1: Were playing soccer? What now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's called soccer. So I looked it up and yeah, basically was soccer. It was basically soccer. Twenty five players on each team. You could not throw or carry the ball. You could only kick it into the other team's goal. And the final score Rutgers beat Princeton six to four. But yeah, so it started as soccer, and then somebody wisely because getting back to your American spirit, said well this is af we gotta do something. You get more scoring and going here, and then you start carrying it and throwing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, all good news. Yes, indeed, the f Yolican Party T shirts are available and very very sharp.
Speaker 1: Yes, Katie, I have your favorite.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Giddy fan as Christmas is rapidly approaching, Armstrong and Giddy dot com Katie, Sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 4: I have some breaking news. Nancy Pelosi has announced her retirement officially announced officially.
Speaker 3: She unofficially announced it the other day, Right, this is the official and we talked about it, yes, which will be followed by the congressional announcement and the national federal announcement.
Speaker 1: And she's what eighty three ish, I thought we already knew this, but all news is going crazy with this. Everybody in the world is reporting breaking news.
Speaker 2: Nancy Pelosi, rail blazing San Francisco Democrat who leveraged decades of power in the US House of Representatives to become one of the most influential political leaders per generation. No doubt about that, one of the most effective politicians of my lifetime. Will not run for reelection in twenty twenty six. Why because she's a million years old man. She was good in her prime.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, good looking gal too, back before electricity.
Speaker 1: Wow wow. Why a shot on her way out the door.
Speaker 2: After a lifetime of public service, that was a compliment her giving the r whistled at her as she walked down the halls of the Capitol, a lifetime of public service, which, of course I'm saying sarcastically, in which she dedicated her life to serving the public.
Speaker 1: A mere salary of tens of millions of dollars.
Speaker 2: Somehow that she and her family made her husband's a good investor.
Speaker 1: He had good information. Not sure where he got it. Oh, all right, that seems to me.
Speaker 2: I mean, if there's ever a not a real revolution like guns, but like a real political revolution where a brand new party emerges, like Macrone in France, you know, where just everybody's so fed up with the two political parties you try something completely different.
Speaker 1: That might be one of the topics.
Speaker 2: How does everybody go off the government, we know what their salary is, and then leave wealthy?
Speaker 1: What is the story?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I have these weird fantasies now and again about no, don'try everything, it'll be fine, about the founding papas somehow via time machine or wormhole or something, being in the modern era and having a conversation with them.
Speaker 1: I know it's weird, but I enjoy it.
Speaker 3: And I think, you know, Madison and Jefferson and Washington and at all would be fascinated and horrified but fascinated by all of the ways a large and powerful government perverts our society. And I think they would have anticipated a lot of them, but not that one.
Speaker 1: Not that one exactly. But yeah, the reasons.
Speaker 3: You don't want and especially large and powerful government in charge of everything are there are many, many of them, and yet.
Speaker 1: Here we are.
Speaker 2: So let's start the show officially because our clip deals with the shutdown getting real for all of us. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this It is Thursday, November sixth, year, twenty twenty five. Were Armstrong and Getti and we approve of this program. Let's begin that officially.
Speaker 3: According to FCC rules and regulations, the show starts at mark. To put this simpling, the FIA is imposing a ten percent cut the flights at forty major airports across the country.
Speaker 1: Ten percent cut the flights forty airports.
Speaker 2: It's going to be thousands of flights canceled, thousands at ten percent. Frontier Airlines is announced, buy a backup ticket when you buy your ticket. United Airlines is announced they're going to refund because there's a there's a decent chance you're gonna loot. Miss your flight, and this is just the beginning. It's just starting, reel. I hadn't heard that.
Speaker 3: So which which airline is saying buy a backup ticket?
Speaker 1: Frontier?
Speaker 2: Not exactly in the most mainstream of airlines, but I think that's probably just a smart move.
Speaker 1: They do a lot of business.
Speaker 3: So in other words, yeah, mom, dad, I'll be flying in Tuesday, unless that's canceled. I have a ticket for Thursday at five am.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Wow, you have to be able, and you gotta be able to whim I over there.
Speaker 2: You gotta have to be You gotta have no idea, come back, come back. You gotta have enough money to be able to buy two tickets, which ain't you know, necessarily easy. I'll just throw out another eight hundred dollars to have a backup ticket.
Speaker 1: Good idea. Thanks. I'm telling you this and vices, and I think ten percent is the start. I think.
Speaker 2: I First of all, I wonder if Trump worked with his transportation secretary.
Speaker 1: He was out yesterday.
Speaker 2: We'll play the clips later saying the shutdown killed us and Republicans are getting killed on this and we got to end it.
Speaker 1: So he thinks the shutdown needs to come to an end.
Speaker 2: I wonder if he didn't tell the Transportation secretary here, we're gonna cause some pain, We're gonna make this thing end. Or maybe the Transportation Secretary is just on his own saying this has gotten to the point where it's gonna get dangerous and I'm gonna get blamed for it.
Speaker 1: So we got it. We gotta do something here.
Speaker 2: Either way, it and now has reached everyone because it's going to affect everyone.
Speaker 3: I'm a big fan of Sean Duffy. I think he's the best transportation secretary we've had for a very, very long time. And I heard an interview he did in which he explained, look, if we wait until we are truly overstaffed and overworked in air traffic control and the unthinkable happens, are we gonna correct?
Speaker 1: Then no, we've got to get ahead of this.
Speaker 3: It was very compelling, and it's almost certain that with maybe an exception or two, that forty airports is going to be the big forty that everybody has to fly for sure.
Speaker 2: Of course this is and the reason I say it's gona affet everybody. Then we gotta take a break. But you remember how this has been when there's been huge travel disruptions in the past. You can't find a rental car anywhere in the country. Airport hotels are all booked up. Everything gets crazy fast when people can't travel around like they're.
Speaker 3: Supposed to right right, cascades, Yeah, that's the that's the perfect year.
Speaker 1: That's the tracks together, or you're gonna find your head and you know what metaphorically speaking, elector release, imagine.
Speaker 2: Watching a foot watching watch the Broncos Raiders tonight and they announced no running or throwing, I mean no carrying the ball or throwing.
Speaker 1: I ain't watching. Wow, Oh I got some pain. I gotta watch it.
Speaker 2: Wait that Katie's headlines coming up next to they hear. Social media is as cesspool and you can't believe hardly anything do you see? But have you've seen the video going around where the claim is that Charlie Kirk's widow.
Speaker 1: Was caught squirting.
Speaker 2: Some liquid in her eyes so that she could have tears when she needed them to cry in front of a crowd. Oh boy, which I don't believe is what was happening in that video, But that is the claim. That is some pretty awful ass right there. It's plumbing the depths of the mass that is rough. Good lord, you're a mother of two little kids and your husband was murdered in front of you. That person, then that situation could cry pretty often, make it a little emotion, maybe for the rest of their lives.
Speaker 1: That's okay. That's monstrous.
Speaker 3: Somebody who would say that out loud is monstrous, either in their utter incapacity to understand human beings or their willingness to say it even though they.
Speaker 1: Know it's awful.
Speaker 3: That is amazing. Right, let's figure out who's supporting what. It's the lead's story with Katie Green. Katie take it away all right?
Speaker 1: He starting with ABC News.
Speaker 4: Supreme Court justices appear skeptical on Trump's tariffs, but some may give leeway.
Speaker 2: America is happy that Joe Getty, who almost went to law school, has been listening to the oral arguments and is going to let us know what he has learned.
Speaker 3: Hours of oral arguments yesterday, hours and it helped that My wife was out of town. So I wandered through the house, shirtless, bedraggled, unwashed, sad, confused, listening to oral arguments at Supreme Court, and I got a pretty good grasp.
Speaker 2: All I know is a grateful country awaits your assessment.
Speaker 1: Well, stay tuned, Katie NBC News.
Speaker 4: Trump official says partial snap benefits for November will be more than previously estimated.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, he's reading the election results from Tuesday as same way everybody else was reading them. That it's all about affordability all across America, and somebody gets blamed for the fact that everything is so expensive, usually the party in power, and so he's doubling down on that message.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Seriously, if you are watching an interview with a Democrat about the election or the upcoming mid terms or anything like that, Seriously, the minute they're introduced, take a deep breath and holds your breath. You will not even be lightheaded by the time they use the word affordability or affordable.
Speaker 1: It is their new mantra from the Hill, New York US. I don't know if you intended to sound I don't know, dismissive of that. It's like the No. One issue in the country for everyone, including me, So I don't know. I think it's astute.
Speaker 2: Indeed, I would hope that whatever politician sits down and has talked to they get to the word affordability pretty quick.
Speaker 3: There's one giant flaw in that argument, but it's going to be effective.
Speaker 1: I will reveal that flaw later. A grateful nation awaits.
Speaker 4: From the Hill, New York Fire commissioner resigns following Mom Donnie Wynn.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, first of many, I suspect. Now that's gonna be something to watch.
Speaker 4: From the Wall Street Journal, hundreds of Hamas fighters are stuck in tunnels and Israeli controlled Gaza.
Speaker 3: And am I supposed to be worried about that? Or heavily armed? And if the Israelis say, hey, you're not supposed to be down their arm, they shoot them and kill them. So, yeah, they have a cabal of armed fighters in the Israeli controlled part of it according to the peace Agreement. Ready to murder Israelis the moment they get a chance.
Speaker 2: They run out of food eventually, won't they, Oh you would think, lead them down in a hole.
Speaker 1: From Breitbart dot Com.
Speaker 4: Judge orders Bureau of Prisons to provide sex chains surgery to transgender pedophile inmate.
Speaker 1: Wow, and the taxpayer's fund that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'll shows up in prison, decides they are different sex and the taxpayer gets to pay for the surgery because they're a sex pervert already and they decide they're going to explore a different.
Speaker 1: Avenue of that hobby's.
Speaker 4: Happening in North Carolina. Obscene From page six, Kim Kardashian blames chat GPT for failing law exams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw that story. Oh we got to go into that.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: I forgot she was going to law school.
Speaker 3: I would like to ask chip chat ChiPT what the right answer is for the exam, and it would give me the wrong one and I totally failed.
Speaker 2: But it would actually be interesting if the truth is she was studying and used chat GPT and it gave her a some wrong information that she memorized.
Speaker 1: Laying it.
Speaker 4: And finally this one from the Babylon b So run Mom, Donnie horrified to discover he now has a job, his first job as mayor of New York.
Speaker 1: City, that is going to screw up his lifestyle.
Speaker 2: We got to figure out this whole chat GPT. How often it gives you the wrong answer? I look up stuff every single day and assume as is probably right. I wonder how how often I'm completely misled?
Speaker 3: Well, and imagine twenty year old you without your accumulated knowledge and life experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, imagine that with hair and everything.
Speaker 2: Wow, Joe's got all his wisdom for us coming up, grow strong and getty.
Speaker 1: Can you see this story?
Speaker 2: This is while Tom Brady just revealed that his dog is a clone of his family's old dog, then his second Tom Brady.
Speaker 1: Ran into the room and now don't listen to him.
Speaker 2: He's not the real Tom Brady.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, many football teams, like the Jets, for instance, You're thinking, can we clone the owner of the dog? Is there any chance of that? That would actually be an interesting cloning, although I'm against cloning humans. To make the point about cloning, if you cloned Tom Brady, he would have the same genetics, but a different brain, probably a brain that doesn't decide to take a moderately athletic body at age twenty two and turn it into something completely different with an amount of work and dedication that has rarely been seen on planet Earth.
Speaker 3: Well, and that Tom Brady Junior would not interact with Tom Brady's parents in the way that Tom did, nor his friends, nor that girl who gave him an admiring look after he threw his first touchdown pass, or whatever that shapes a person anyway, had Tom Brady cloned his dog, but he's invested heavily in this company that does that.
Speaker 1: So there you go. Please, I understand. So there's lots of dogs, Tom your numskull.
Speaker 2: First of all, not all the reporting has been good over this major announcement by the Transportation Secretary that they're going to cut ten percent of flights at the forty airports that they haven't named, but as Joe said, the're probably gonn be the forty biggest airports. And I was listening to one newscaster they said it could be hundreds of flights.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, they.
Speaker 2: Say, oh, it's going to be more like forty five hundred flights canceled on Saturday, for instance, on Saturday, just Saturday, forty five hundred flights, not hundreds of flights. Five hundred flights on Saturday. So that is technically hundreds of flights, yes, forty five hundred, but it does not send the message that is what you need. Then we got this text because I said, man, it's really going to be there's no way they allow us to go through Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: We got this.
Speaker 2: There are millions of us working men and women who could give a gd about taking a flight over the holidays. It's just you whiny small men like Jack who care about.
Speaker 1: S like that.
Speaker 3: But wow, I pity you, my friend, to have a pinched heart full of dark hatred like that. You have that attitude about family who don't see each other nearly as often as they'd like getting together for the holidays.
Speaker 1: That's that's troubling.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was a pinched heart that killed Dick Cheney. A pinched heart. I've never heard that term. That's a good one. I'm gonna start using it. You and your pinched heart, get out of here, your bad attitude.
Speaker 1: You got to pick your spots.
Speaker 2: But anyway, aside from just replying to that's gotta be.
Speaker 3: Trolling or somebody who's just profoundly unhappy. Seriously, sir, I will I will pray for you and hope for your finding joy someday.
Speaker 1: I wasn't gonna get into.
Speaker 2: This, but let me turn the amateur therapist for a moment. My guess would be, you've got a family dynamic that you wish was different for all kinds of reasons that may or may not be any of your fault, and it makes you angry that other people put so much effort into getting together on Thanksgiving because we used to work with a guy whose dad left when he was a little kid, and his take on Father's Day that it was just a day to try to rub it in the face of people who don't have dads. It was like an angry, vengeful day, is what Father's Day was. And I thought, God, that's horrible. And you know, I can't really blame him. I didn't have that experience, thank God, of my dad walking out the door when I was two years old. But still, I mean, today's word is projection, projection or projecting, putting your psychology on somebody else.
Speaker 1: That's sad, that's too bad.
Speaker 2: Right, And I guess I'm guessing that's what's going on with this Thanksgiving thing here. But as I pointed out with Joe coming with the fantastic word cascading, if you'll remember from past holiday flubs with the airlines and everything like that, even if people are just driving, there won't be a rental car. The roads will be absolutely packed, and people won't be able to get anywhere or stay at a hotel while they're traveling or anything, because it all just it just all falls apart the whole travel thing, and it's the busiest travel weekend of the flipping year, whether you travel.
Speaker 1: Sirt or not. Right, So anyway, I like it. You can't interesting with somebody like that. I find it interesting though. Well.
Speaker 3: And while we're preoccupied trying to figure out what flight to take, the turkeys will flee into the woods not to be seen again. We'll be forced to eat I don't know what hamburgers are, something terrible awful.
Speaker 2: So the word of the year, if we're picking a word of the year based on the last thirty six hours, would be affordability. All of your pundits claiming that's why Democrats won, and the Republicans talking about we need to start talking more about that, and et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 1: You know why, because it's true.
Speaker 2: It is one of the biggest problems we've got going in as COVID and then all these ridiculous bills we went and an inflation, and we've never adjusted emotionally to the new prices.
Speaker 1: I know I haven't.
Speaker 2: I'm still shocked every time I go to the grocery store or go to a restaurant, I'm still surprised.
Speaker 1: At the end by the bill, and and for isn't much more rapidly than wages.
Speaker 2: And everything is so expensive, like they were using an example I think is New Jersey. Their energy prices had gone up twenty percent in the last year. Yeah, well California were like, well, we'd love it if it were only twenty percent.
Speaker 1: So many things are so expensive.
Speaker 2: I think regularly, how would twenty five year old me have survived. I probably have a couple of roommates and I don't know, maybe take the bus because I couldn't afford car insurance.
Speaker 1: It's just crazy.
Speaker 2: My son, my high school son, last night, was saying, I don't understand how I'm going to be able to move out when I'm eighteen. I just don't understand how I'm ever going to be able to afford it. And I said, well, you're fifteen, so we don't have to worry about that right now. But I wonder about that too. Car insurance is very same. Energy bills are insane, and of course rent and home prices are crazy. And one of the big numbers that came out yesterday that got so much attention that I wanted to talk about is the median age of a first time home buyer hit a record high forty years old in the most recent survey.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Comparing that fairly recently to it was thirty three in twenty twenty one, it was twenty Wait wait, wait, wait, it's moved seven years in four years.
Speaker 1: That's practically impossible. That's crazy. Yeah. What was an interest rate in twenty twenty one? Two percent? Yeah, granted, right.
Speaker 2: And again it hit forty average. The median age of first time home buyer hit forty. It was twenty nine in nineteen eighty one. That's how much it has changed now and over the last year, first time home buyers made up just twenty one percent of purchases. That's the lowest it's ever been in terms of a percentage of people buying houses.
Speaker 1: First time home buyers.
Speaker 2: Now there is the not just can you afford it or not. I'm a renter. I can afford to buy a house. I just thought it was a bad idea. A lot of people are doing that. Uh, even younger. Where you you'd you know, you might have come to the legitimate conclusion that I'm better off renting right now than buying a house, even though I've got enough saved up I could buy a house or whatever.
Speaker 1: So that factors in somewhat, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: Ah, Sure, yeah, yeah, the housing market is in a very weird spot.
Speaker 1: As we've talked about many times. It's stuck.
Speaker 3: All the people who had crazy low interest rates on their mortgages can't give that up. They can't move up, they can't downsize, and that, you know, clogs everything up, as we've discussed.
Speaker 1: But major changes like this should get more attention.
Speaker 2: And I guess that's what's happening over the last thirty six hours with both parties realizing what's people's top issue. But you go from meeting home first time home buyer twenty nine when I was in high school to forty now, that's a pretty big change.
Speaker 1: In the structure of society, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And there are sociological causes too, Sure, I'm quite confident of that. I mean, you just look at the prolonged adolescence of young adult porn. You do have porn. I hadn't thought of that. But and and also, and this is digging a bit deep, but I think we need to dig more to fundamental reasons than we do because I've been reading about this a lot and it's one of my top five or so g Hods Joe's top five ghods will do thatday at eight ought.
Speaker 1: To actually list them anyway.
Speaker 3: One of them is the idea of free range parenting and how just read a great, great think piece that I'll share with you at some point to parent better, parent less, and how the style of parenting that has removed all risk, all failure and learning to overcome failure, free play, decision making. Just the whole free range parenting thing or three free range child thing has contributed to people who do not do the things it takes to get ahead because they're still learning how to be an adult at a much later age.
Speaker 1: But it all factors in. You can't just cite one thing.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're much less likely to buy a house if you're not getting married and having kids. True, much less likely if your focus is I want to be a world traveler, so I want to have an apartment and travel around a lot, which is a lot of young people. You're putting your money into a backpacking through Europe. You're not putting your money into a down payment on a house. Just yeah, And you get to do that as long as as long as at some point you don't come to me and say I need some of your money, right, or.
Speaker 3: We need policies that will allow me to buy a house quickly in spite of my backpackings. So a couple of headlines really quickly to your point about affordability being a great message. And my one big caveat about this is that it is another perversion of how we ought to look at life and government that if the economy is good, we credit the president and his party, and if the economy.
Speaker 1: Is bad the opposite that's for the opposite president. What's that? That's dumba.
Speaker 3: It is dumba, and it's it's it's worse than dumba, because we don't believe in silent letters, because.
Speaker 1: That excuse me.
Speaker 3: First of all, the economy takes care of the economy. The government just screws it up with a handful of exceptions. Yes, I'm for reasonable regulations of the food industry and that sort of thing, reasonable ones. But once people get it into their head that if the economy is good, I will reward this party and if the economy is bad, I will reward the other party, they have made the assumption that the government ought to run the economy, which is an incredibly stupid and danger interest thing to do. You don't want that. Central planning sucks. In words of a single syllable anyway, a handful of headlines I've assembled over just a few days. The average cost of a family health insurance plan is now twenty seven thousand dollars a year. WHOA, maybe you don't you know pay it all, but somebody is.
Speaker 1: Maybe your employer does.
Speaker 2: Wow, we all know what our deductible is. If you're old enough, you can compare to what it used to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, indeed, I'm sorry, I've got so many tabs open. We'll get to it. Bear with me, stand with me. The average Oh, there it is. Run away insurance costs bring back talk of price caps. Increasingly insurers we're talking about homeowners and car insurance in both red and blue states are being told the cap prices as lawmakers come under pressure.
Speaker 1: Car insurance at least where I live is not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then we get into Democrats keep shoveling money at Obamacare. But we can talk about that another time. Instead of shoveling money into government, how about this fabulous, fantastic cause Warrior Foundation Freedom Station. We've been supporting them for years and years and today is the big giveauth on. Yeah, and today is the day the flying them home for the holidays. The idea is taking injured warriors, flying them home for the holidays so they can wake up in their own bed and those who can't fly, their families will be flown to them. Your tax deductible donation is more than a gift. It's a heartfelt thank you that ensures our warriors wake up in their own beds on Christmas morning. And if you're not familiar with this fabulous foundation, Warrior Foundation Freedom Station. They have stood beside our ill and injured warriors for twenty one years, providing transitional housing, support services, outdoor therapy, the chance to rebuild their lives, flying them home for the holidays. Platinum rating, highest ratings at Charity Navigator.
Speaker 1: For being.
Speaker 3: Scrimping with your money and being very responsible for it.
Speaker 1: You can give today.
Speaker 3: Donate now at six' one to nine warrior that's Sick, warrior or Visit Warrior foundation dot. Org get the name, right it's not that similarly named organization that is not nearly so careful with your. Dollars by the, Way Warrior foundation dot. Org Warrior foundation dot org or six one nine, warrior.
Speaker 2: A major figure In american, life elder statesman of our. Politics Nancy pelosi has announced she will not run for your. Reelection Donald trump was asked about. That he had a two word assessment of. Her buy two word assessment of her. CAREER i can have for you. NEXT i hope it was Kind And joe gets into the. Mailbag stay. Tuned you, know in the olden, days when a figure Like Nancy pelosi announces her, retirement whoever was president at the time would have, said you, know we had our differences over the, years but she a proud servant for her people In america should be blah blah. Blah but that is not the times we live. In Donald trump was asked About nancy pelosi retirement, retiring and he, said, good she's evil and.
Speaker 1: Corrupt hell out of. Here here's your freedom loving quote.
Speaker 3: Today continuing our series From John Stuart mills On, liberty the best book you could possibly. Read yesterday's talked about how whether an opinion is right or, wrong to silence it is to rob the human race of the. Perspective, Anyway continuing that thought from the same chapter of the, Book The truth of an opinion is part of its. Utility if the opinion is compelled to, silence it may, be and often, is that the opinion is, true but it is not the whole. Truth very few facts are able to tell their whole story without the aid of connecting truth, Nuance and it is only by the collision of adverse opinions that the remainder of the truth has any chance of being. Supplied in other, words no single opinion contains the entire. Truth truth emerges fully through the conflict open conflict of ideas.
Speaker 2: Clearly, True but how do you factor that in with if you're, explaining you're, losing which seems to be a truism in.
Speaker 3: Politics, also uh, yeah which makes me very very, sad very. Sad saying good she was evil and corrupt is just one tiny bit short OF i hope she. Dies Maybe i'll Watch idiocracy again this. WEEKEND a fine comedy From. Yesteryear mailbag drop us a note mailbag At armstrong And geddy dot com is the email address mailbag At armstrongandgetty dot com on the topic Of san Fran Nan Nancy. Pelosi john, writes by the Way Abraham lincoln had her on his top ten milf, list just saying. What i'm not familiar with that. TERM i believe it means major legislative. Figures thank you To Abraham. Lincoln you say moving. Along sarah in folsom In California rights is a Lifelong. Californian, oh Can joe please do More Valley girls on? Air as a Lifelong california AND i can personally attest that it's the.
Speaker 2: Best thank, You sarah and Fulsome when did that? Come i'll pick my. SPOTS i was.
Speaker 1: HERE i THINK i don't remember.
Speaker 3: When we were Discussing Kim kardassi five moments.
Speaker 1: Ago, yes let's. See this is From.
Speaker 3: Colm if you want to end the, shutdown have all THE nfl games canceled because they could not get a?
Speaker 1: Flight?
Speaker 3: Oh oh, boy you would have millions of people marching in the. STREETS i have some interesting news about the. Shutdowns, actually it's actually. Interesting i'm not PRETENDING i doubt.
Speaker 1: It all, Right, Joe i'm looking forward to. It let's.
Speaker 3: See uh J T, Wrights, jack you chastised your son for interrupting AN ai. Bot do you also chastise them for interrupting A dvr tape? Recording Since joe has failed to ask you this. Week it falls on, us the. Listeners you do realize that she is just a computer, program don't.
Speaker 2: You my kids said that last night in the. Car we were talking With grok and she, Said, dad we're starting to worry about.
Speaker 1: You but WAS i gonna say about?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 1: Ben you? Chested?
Speaker 2: Oh we got an email or a text from somebody who said their kid got in trouble with the teacher for being rude to THE ai, Bought.
Speaker 1: Oh, my that's, weird isn't? It?
Speaker 3: Wow yew, hmm that's that's that's. Weird that's troubling and disturbing and sci fi. Ish let's see Another jay In San jose, writes Guys Tom brady cloned his. Dog many of us wish we could clone a special dog that died because their passing was heartbreaking in a sad life. Experience but you can't clone the love of a. Dog and he, Says i'm also reminded of the documentary By Stephen king Called Pet. Cemetery i'm not sure that was a. Documentary are you Big Stephen? Katie anybody a Big Stephen king?
Speaker 1: FAN i? WAS i Think i'm no. Hater i've never particularly loved his stuff.
Speaker 2: NOT i Think i've read As Stephen king, book AND i Know i've known many many people who read them all love them.
Speaker 1: All, yeah it's.
Speaker 2: Fun Doesn't Tom brady have enough money that he doesn't need to invest in a dog cloning. OUTFIT i just think guys like that are so Competitive they're not going to just let their riches sit. There they've got to be in a. Game it must be dog cloning for. Instance by the, WAY i love his color. Commentary if it's a game he's called. COLLING i like. IT i know some people, don't BUT i really like. It we got a lot of interesting, news including something you probably don't know about the shutdown in hour. Two if you miss, it get the Podcast armstrong And getty on Demand armstrong And getty