Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Hello, Hi, what's up? Hello name?
Speaker 2: Hi, my name is Gandom.
Speaker 1: Nice to me too, Gandom, Am I saying that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got it?
Speaker 1: Thanks for randomly picking up my phone call. Sometimes. I all right, I'm gonna tell you something crazy. But I mean I saw I used to. I mean, I might start doing this up again at some point, I don't know. I just for now it's easier. I used to take all these phone calls on Twitch and then and then I started just like posting Instagram stories for people to like call in whenever I'm live doing that. And then I today I was like, well, I have all these people who texted me, but they've been texting me over time. So I was just like, I saw a random text from a person who texted me like on Tuesday, and I was like, I wonder if phil pick up if I randomly call them right now? And you did.
Speaker 2: I did, And you know what, I just woke up, like I woke up to the songe call.
Speaker 1: Well, I appreciate that. It's not a weird time. It's like, I mean, I don't know where you are in the country, but it's it's it's it's not a particularly weird time. Anywhere in America.
Speaker 2: It's not at all a weird time at all to four pm to stay. I happened to stay up until two am last night because I was watching this guy's thoughts on all forty two Barbie movies and it took an hour and forty minutes and I just couldn't. I was I was too deep in I needed to know his thoughts on all the Barbie movies.
Speaker 1: So the way you phrasing hook, an hour and forty two minutes, it's like it was a job that was assigned to you.
Speaker 2: I was just so captivated, you know, I love the Barbie movies. And you know what, his opinions were simply incorrect, Like he was done barbieing the Diamond Castle. I was like, Barbie and the Diamond Castle is the best one.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I have to say I also I also am a deep fan of this kind of bullshit. I'll be actually, now I think about it, I had I had a similar night. I was up until late watching like there's all these like dude, there's all these like seven hour long videos that and they all have like millions and millions of views, like this one has like six million views, where it's like ranking every single episode of Family Guy, or like reviewing every single episode just like in one video, and I'm like, ill watch that. Yeah, did this guy? Did this guy do all of the Barbie movies in one video or did he kind of spread him out?
Speaker 2: He did? No, he did. He had them up in three categories. And you know what's insane, He literally dedicated three days to watch all of them. So he just woke up and started watching Barbie movies and then just stopped to sleep essentially, but he watched them all in one go.
Speaker 1: And did this guy do this like because he was bored or like his clickbait or is he genuinely a Barbie movie fan?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know this person. His video just popped up on my feed and I clicked on it. He didn't seem like a fan. You know, he was being very critical and you know, he had some valid points, but I don't know. I feel like he wasn't the best candidate to be ranking them because he didn't seem like the person who the type of person who was like raised on them kind of. So I would like to see someone who has a little bit of more personal you know, someone who has a little bit more experience and is more immersed in the like Barbie world. I'm not a big Barbie fan, don't get me wrong, but like the movies, some of them, you know, I mean I watched some of the kid and they were pretty good. They were pretty good good.
Speaker 1: There is something, there's something so awesome, and it speaks to and I feel this way too, Like it speaks to how the lengths that people will go to just avoid their own thoughts. That a man who doesn't even care about Barbie and has really no personal investment in Barbie made an hour and forty two minute long video ranking all the Barbie movies, and then another person who also doesn't really care that much about Barbie sat and watched the entire video, Like, what the fuck is going on on here?
Speaker 3: You know? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I don't know, it was all right. What really offended me was, honestly, Barbie and the Diamond Castle. Have you watched that one?
Speaker 1: I haven't seen any of them. I also there's I mean, obviously there's like the big famous live action one, but I assume this is mostly about all the all the animated ones.
Speaker 2: This is yeah, this is all the animated ones. But wait, let me tell you this. Barbie and the Diamond Castle is about these two girls who live in this tiny little hut and their sugar port, right, and then they go on to find this Diamond Castle. And the Diamond Castle is like it's a whole music thing, so like you have to play music for the diamond for the Diamond Castle to appear. Like there's it's all about music, and there's like evil music and good music. But there are these two little puppy dogs in there who are the sidekicks, who are absolutely adorable. And then when they hear music, they get up on their two legs and they start dancing. And he was hating on them so hard. He was like, these dogs freaking me out, blah blah blah blah blah, and that. At that point, I kind of I kind of was like, all right, this person is not qualified to be ranking these movies because he's dogging on the dogs and that's not okay.
Speaker 1: Can I read your text message.
Speaker 2: If you would like to?
Speaker 1: Sure? I I actually don't remember. We've been talking about Barbie so long. I'll okay, all right, well you sent me, you sent me one last year. It looks like I'll just read it. I'll read the whole log, and that way we'll get it, we'll get an idea of you.
Speaker 2: Well, I reread the one that I sent to last year, and I was like, that's a little I mean, it's not wrong. Okay, let's read the whole Okay.
Speaker 1: Let's read the whole log, and that'll give us somewhere to go from. Okay, all right. November twenty ninth, twenty twenty five, you texted me. You said, the words most commonly used to describe me are intense, intimidating, mean, rude, bitch. But I think I'm very nice and I'm always right. I have a lot of close relationships in my life and they all love me very much. I just hate everyone except a few people. No one is interesting. I'm simply better than everyone. Now, okay, I'll read the second part of the log, but you want it to offer, I'll let you offer your commentary or your reflection of the cause. It seems like you had a reflection upon this in the time.
Speaker 2: You have a reflection upon this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's your reflection?
Speaker 2: It's not incorrect. When I mean everyone, I mean like the general general outside world, not like people who know me and people have been people who are around me. I don't know, man, I just feel like I have so many wonderful close relationships that I don't really go out into the world like showing interest in people unless they do something that kind of stands out to me. And I'm like, Okay, I want to be friends with you. And I feel like people don't like that. Like when I said I'm very nice, I want to revise that I'm very kind, you know, I'm not very nice, and they don't like that. And I'm like, well, I don't. I already have all these things going on for me. I don't really have the time or energy to try and be nice to you and trying to be friends with you. And you know, people read that as me being intense, and I can't really say that they're wrong. I can't say that I'm simply better than everyone. That's a bit much, you know. But also like not a lot of people like me, Like I work in a very social environment, Like I work somewhere with fourteen hundred employees and they're all like I like five of them, And.
Speaker 1: So what do you mean what do you mean by what do you mean when you say that you like the world at large, but you don't like you like people as an idea. You say you like the world at large, but you don't like the people you interact with.
Speaker 2: I don't recall saying that.
Speaker 1: Wait, you said something like, do you remember what you said something to that extent I.
Speaker 2: Said, Did I say something to that? I said, I said something like everyone.
Speaker 1: No, it was about it was about it was it about your being better than it was about like, this is a fuck. Well, we recorded it, so it's somewhere someone, someone, someone listening to this. Just skip back fifteen seconds, get back thirty seconds and tell us a week.
Speaker 2: Gets back fifteen Just get back thirty seconds and tell me. I'm right. You know it says it in there. I'm just always right.
Speaker 1: It's it's about Well, Okay, so you said something about so you don't like Okay, so you said you hate it.
Speaker 2: I don't like the world at large, like okay, I don't Okay, I hate everyone. I hate it is a strong word. But I don't really like the general public. You know, I feel like people are very nice, not very kind, and I don't like that. I don't think that people are very authentic, and I think it's quite difficult to come across people who are authentic and who are honest, because there's like this abundance of people pleasers, and you know, I just can't trust the people pleaser. I can only trust people who are like, very much straight up because I'm a very straight up person and sometimes that offends people. And if if you're a people pleaser, chances are I'm never going to know when it offends you, and You're just going to keep hanging out with me, and you're going to keep being smiley, and you know, eventually you're going to be like, eh, that thing that she said bothered me. And I'm like, well, you never you never said that it bothered you, So how are you supposed to know?
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get into this. Let's get into this and then I'll bring up the most recent text. But okay, so do you do you the status quo that you're describing of everyone thinks I'm mean and uh, I don't like anyone and all this stuff. Do you desire a change in that status quo? Or do you like this?
Speaker 2: Not necessarily because you know, I kind of feel like I've filter out people, and like I mentioned, I do have a very good community and I have very nice close relationships. So it's like it's almost like not not not really, you know, I feel like I people don't like me, but that's okay, because the only like, only cool people like me, you know, And I only think that the people that like me are cool. So it doesn't really matter.
Speaker 1: Why do you say that only cool people.
Speaker 2: Like you, because they're the only people that I think are cool.
Speaker 1: Cool, So tell me about the pole. Tell tell me about the people that like you.
Speaker 2: The people that like me are just the people who are well, I've been told that I'm an acquired taste also, so people like me are usually people who have been around me enough to kind of see me, just just see me more. I don't know how to answer that question. I just think they're cool. Well, they're all different in their own ways, but they're all pretty magical people. They're all pretty unique. They tend to be people who are way more real with themselves in the world around them. And you know, it's kind of people who are a little bit like me. They're a little bit more skeptical, I guess.
Speaker 1: So, okay, so it sounds like I mean, you're you're clearly pretty misanthropic. And so it sounds like you.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that word means. This is my second language.
Speaker 1: Misanthropic means like a general misanthropic means a general disdain for other people, like general disdain for people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are some very wonderful people in the world, like I do. I make music, and a lot of times I meet people and instantly I'm like, Okay, you're awesome. Actually, but yeah, generally, yeah, I don't really like people.
Speaker 1: So you get along with other people who don't like.
Speaker 2: People pretty much? Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 1: Do you feel Are you satisfied with your It sounds like you are. I mean, are you satisfied with your current relationships and community and whatnot.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty satisfied. Not gonna lie to you. Pretty satisfied. I mean, obviously we all have troubles in our relationships in life at some point with some people. But in general, yeah, I've been been pretty satisfied throughout my life with my people. Picker.
Speaker 1: All right, So you texted me yesterday and you said between my hometown being bombed, being cheated on by a man twenty two years older than me, being in a psych ward and finding new love just to say goodbye to her before she moves across the country. It is safe to say that I am spiraling. Okay, let's go. Why don't we do these one at a time.
Speaker 2: Let's do that. Actually I mentioned it in chronological order, so that works.
Speaker 1: Okay. Are you Iranian?
Speaker 2: Damn? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh really?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: What when was the last like? Where in Irani? Are You're from Tehran?
Speaker 2: I'm from Tyran. Yeah, I'm from the capitol.
Speaker 1: When the last time you were there?
Speaker 2: I moved here. My three year anniversary is coming up pretty quick. The last time that I was there was the summer of twenty twenty four, so it's it's been a minute.
Speaker 1: Wow mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah what uh?
Speaker 1: Did you grow up in tront I did? Yeah? How is your English an accent?
Speaker 2: So? I was raised bilingual? I was raised bilingual. My mom made it a point to speak English with me constantly so that I would know how to speak English.
Speaker 1: Is uh is your mom? But both your parents are Iranian?
Speaker 2: Both my parents are Iranian. But my mom and my grandparents on my mom's side are all like they've all lived in America at some point or another, and they're all like citizens.
Speaker 1: So okay, so this is all from your mom, Like you're like obviously, like when you didn't go to you didn't go to did you go You didn't go to like an international school or anything like that.
Speaker 2: So every school in Iran teaches English. And I did go to a very bougie French school.
Speaker 1: So okay, so you did. Yeah you did go to a bogie.
Speaker 3: In school.
Speaker 2: For like three years for not that long.
Speaker 1: But okay, yeah, yeah, m dude, what yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Go ahead. And that was just a random on.
Speaker 1: Interesting. I want to go. I want to do a I want to do uh an Iran video. I don't know if I want to go right now. It is funny, I'm sure you know this, but like I I did it. Well, I did a video in Iraq and people think that I was went to Iran.
Speaker 2: Because it was so good.
Speaker 1: Oh hell yeah, hell yeah, hell well it's what I want to I don't say I'm sure you know this to say you know about the video, I say, sure you know this, Like people think I went to Iran because people think that they're the same country. Like I'm getting people being like, yeah, dude, it's crazy, it's crazy that you were there right before they started bombing it. I was like, this is a totally different place.
Speaker 2: Totally different place, but okay, you should go to Iran. I think you would absolutely love it. I think anyone who is watching this video should go to Iran because there is no danger or well probably not right now, like as it's being actively bombed. But it's such a beautiful place. It's a very inexpensive trip outside of your plane ticket obviously, and it's it's just beautiful, and there's such a wide range of things to do, Like there are islands in the south that are tropical and super fun, and then you can go to the north and you can scan snowboard and there are a lot of cool deserts, and there's a lot of ancient architecture and museums, and the people are just so nice and warm and inviting. It's great. It's great.
Speaker 1: That's cool. That's cool. Yeah, Well I can can you even like physically, well, you have a you have an Iranian passport, right m yes, so you can go. But like I can a random America even go right now?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, you can. You can get a visa. I don't know about right now. Right now, I think that the flights are so closed, like I don't think anyone can get in and out right now. I know that my best friend lives in London and she just wanted to go back home because the mental pressure of not being around her family while they were being bombed was too much and she was like, I kind of want to be there if something happened.
Speaker 1: So that's also.
Speaker 2: And she went back. So she flied into Turkey and then her parents went, I'm picked here up from the border and drove her back. So you can't really fly in and out right now. But yeah, you can get a visa. You can just go. I would recommend if you have any kind of like if you have at any point worked for the government, or you've been like in the military, but.
Speaker 1: Anything else not done. I have super not done either of those things.
Speaker 2: Okay, then you're fine.
Speaker 1: The last real job I had was making gifts of Rick and Morty for Instagram.
Speaker 2: You're safe.
Speaker 1: That counts. If you're safe. What the hell is I gonna say? Okay, so do you do you have a lot of family back there?
Speaker 2: My whole family is back there. I moved here. My uncle's here, but I have my mom and my dad, my grandparents, my siblings who or five years old, all my friends. Yeah, everyone's background.
Speaker 1: M do you feel like you do you have the same because I've heard people like I talk to people in Ukraine where they're like, I don't want to leave because I don't want to, you know, be away from like you know, folks be in there while all those is happening. Like do you have that feeling too?
Speaker 2: You know, It's it's hard because of course I have that feeling. But also I'm here so that I can build a future for myself that is a little bit more stable, so that when my family decides to move back here, they'll have an easier time because again it's my grandparents who are old and can't work. It's my mom and then my two siblings who are, like I mentioned, five years old and also can't work. And I would like to be able to have a life that I can, you know, provide for them and ensure that they're comfortable because when I was so it's interesting Iran. The big cities are divided by districts, and Tehran is twenty two districts, and just like the Hunger Games, the higher the district number, like the smaller the number, the bougier it is, and I lived in District one, which was pretty bougie, and I lived in one of the best neighborhoods in District one, and you know, safe to say that I was a very very privileged person back home. But if you have money, it's old money. And the thing with old money is that runs out. And because of the currency rates and like.
Speaker 1: I've heard it's crazy the dollar.
Speaker 2: Being so expensive. Yeah, it's like an upper class person in America would be lucky if they were like middle class here sorry, in Iran, not not in America and Iran.
Speaker 1: And an upper class person oh oh, Like do you mean taking like Iranian dollars?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is it Iran or Iran or I feel like I'm interchanged Iran.
Speaker 2: But you can say yeah Iranian.
Speaker 1: Okay, so if you take like us, so I okay, it's We had another caller on the podcast who also is from Iran, and he was talking about how like the fucking currency is so like it is like so shitty right now that like it's really it's like you lose money going to work because you have to like fill up your car or something like that. And so that's I mean, that's like when people start rioting, is what there's like nothing.
Speaker 2: To lose exactly. Yeah, and then so that's why, yeah, yeah, that's why this most recent bombing was so kind of conflicting because in January people were rioting dot com and the government killed like forty thousand people. Forty thousand people.
Speaker 1: And like a month it's insane.
Speaker 2: And you know, a lot of them were my friends and family, Like I have many many friends who were I think like eight I stopped counting, And like it's kind of hard to know because like internet's been down, phone lines have been down, you don't really have a way of communicating with people back home. Internet has recently started to get back up, but it's still pretty flaky. So after that, Trump was like I'm gonna bomb Iran blah blah blah blah blah. And then the people in Iran were like, fuck, yeah, we're retired of this government. We don't want this bullshit anymore. But like at the same time, I'm like, come on, you guys, like we can't be bombed for that. So when you are vocal about not wanting Iran to be bombed, or like when I post on my story that like, hey, we need to start we need to stop bombing my hometown. Like my friends from Iran like reply to my stories and I really like, not all of them clearly, but some of them like you're a leftist, blah blah blah, we want freedom, you are propaganda, And I'm like, no, I'm not, actually okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's it's its airmind me. It's it's like the Venezuela thing, where like essentially, well yeah, it's like the Venezuela thing where like, you know, Trump went in and just like it was like let's just go in there and like funck shit up or whatever, and they like it was like some people in Venezuela like it's a double edged sword because uh, we don't want you know, like you know, they freed us from the regime, but also like what the fuck can they just like do whatever Americans do whatever they want? You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's conflicting.
Speaker 1: They killed the guy, though, so what's who's that guy? What's what they killed? What's the guys do?
Speaker 2: So in I I believe it was in the early seventies. Don't quote me. I'm not very great at a history. The Shah, which was the king of Iran, was overthrown by this guy named Homony, and he kind of named himself the Supreme Leader, so we have a Supreme Leader, and then we have presidents and then all the other stuff. And then when he died, he put this other guy in charge called Homine, which is different person, similar name. And then this guy was a Supreme leader until they killed him, and then Iran and they put another Supreme leader in place, and he was dead within the day, like he got like he was in place in the morning and they killed him by three pm, which was so funny to me. And then they put the Hominity guy is son in charge, so he's in charge now, and yeah, yeah, we have a new person in charge.
Speaker 1: M people like better person.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no one likes any of these people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess it's not. Yeah, I mean it is kind of like ridiculous to assume that like just because like you get rid of the person at top, that like they're not just gonna like they're immediately going to be replaced with like someone who's like you know what, let's just like be chill, right, But that's so like the idea of like it is fucking crazy. The idea that like the government, like the government is just like sending armies just like a kid slaughter fucking citizens in the streets. Like that's insane.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you a story. So my mom has this friend and one day my mom calls me is she's like, my friends son who's fifteen years old, was in a park with twenty five of his classmates. So twenty five fifteen year old boy, yez. And they were in this park and they start like chanting Empire regime stuff, and this truck with a machine gun on the back drives by and.
Speaker 1: Kills you.
Speaker 2: Right, I know, I know, trigger warning too late.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yea, jeez. This is horrible. When was that?
Speaker 3: This is like in January Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: It's so awful because like I because also like it's fucking so awful because I mean, you go to like when I went to Iraq, it was like this is just this. It was it's like they just ran like it is true, like just random fucking but like like everyone like those also like those kids like being fifteen and like shouting like anti regime stuff. It's like you, I don't even know. I mean, maybe I'm not giving fifteen year olds enough credit, but it's like they're just like they're not even they're not even like they're just like being kids. They're just like, yeah, being rowdy kids, just being kids. That's so fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: Damn, I know it's pretty crazy. It's yeah, so you know, it's kind of a lot to sit with the processed.
Speaker 1: But do you want to talk about uh, the this, this older guy. I have your list in front of me.
Speaker 2: I can talk about the older guy, So I am it's strange. I am just simply not attracted to men who are not twice my age essentially, like oh a boy, I'm I'm twenty one. Get yeah, I'm twenty one. But it's like I can see a boy in his twenties and I can appeat and I appreciate, like, oh yeah, you're you're a handsome young man, right, and then as soon as they start talking to me, I'm like, please stop, please don't talk to me at all. Like all my all, my all my friends who are my age are girls, and most of my friends are pretty like quite a bit older than me, like thirty five to forty five years old, and even they are mostly women. I just yeah, yeah, I just don't super yet along with men. But anyway, yeah, I was into this guy who is forty two at the time. I was twenty at the time, and we work together and we are hanging out with a lot of the same people because again, my friends are usually older than me, and we're start hanging out. He's clearly into me. I'm clearly into him. We end up having sex, and then we're still hanging out and being friends and being in these spaces with all these people, and then we start kind of having sex regularly, and we start hanging out with each other more and I do seasonal work. I'm a snowboard instructor, and after the season ended, we kept hanging out and it was kind of a it was kind of a friends of benefits situation, but it was pretty exclusive. I mean, we were also with other people, but it was kind of like communicated I was with anyway. I was being a little bit more. I was just seeing more people than he was really But then at some point I wanted to kind of close it up. You know, I catch feelings for this guy because I'm twenty one, and he agrees to be in a relationship with me, and like a week after the like we were like, okay, we're in a relationship. He picks me up one day and he's twenty minutes late to picking me up, which is very odd because he's always on time, but I didn't question it because you know, sometimes it happens. He picks me up and we go and we hang out with our friends, and then as we're driving back home, he's like, by the way, I had a random hookup today. And I was like, what are you talking about? What random hookup did you have? And he's like, I was ubering this morning because he used to uber whenever he wasn't like working, and I picked up this woman and we hooked up, and I was like, are you kidding me? Well, this is the whole story. Okay, this is what happened that I didn't know. He picks up this woman, right, this woman apparently this woman asks him out to breakfast. They go have breakfast, they go back to his house. By the way, his house is like it's two separate units, and the upstairs unit he rents out as an Airbnb, and then the downstairs unit he was renovating it.
Speaker 1: But wait, he picks the time. He picks up a woman an uber and then takes her to his house.
Speaker 2: Listen, listen the downstairs unit was being renovated, and at the time it was still a garage, Like you could still clearly tell that this is a garage. So he takes her to his garage and this woman goes and then they have sex. And then this woman is like, my car is impounded or whatever. Can you take me to go grab my car or I don't know, some bullshit like that.
Speaker 1: I wasn't there.
Speaker 2: I hope, so, I hope so well. I guess she was paying him in other ways. But anyway, he takes her to get her car situation, whatever, and then takes her back home for a second time. And this lady sleeps for four hours in this random man's garage.
Speaker 4: Like I don't I don't know about the general public, I as a woman wouldn't trust.
Speaker 2: To go into someone's garage and have sex with them, but then to nap there for four hours, you know, like that that can't be smart or safe to do generally. And then he goes to drive her home, which is why he was twenty minutes late to picking me up. And the fucked up part is that when she was sleeping in the bed that I was sleeping in like two days ago, he calls me and he's talking to me as if he had a totally normal day while this chick is sleeping there, and I'm like, oh, oh, you know that's pretty gross. And you know what the grossest part is, let me tell you this.
Speaker 5: Okay, when he and I were hanging out before he told me, he gives me a kiss and I kind of just look at him for a second and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, you smell off, and he's like, I didn't brush my teeth, and I was like, m I don't know, man, I wake up next to you quite frequently, Like I know what it smells like when you don't brush your teeth. This man straight up smelled like koochie, Like I could literally smell this woman on his breast, and.
Speaker 1: It was while, what is it where you're loved? Why do you think you only want to go out with guys who are twice your age? Like what is that?
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is, man, I really don't. I think it's kind of well, it's the perspective. I'm just a little freaky, and I don't know. I guess it's I like it when people are a little bit more settled into the person that they are Oh, sure, you know, because I feel like I'm like that. Yes, I'm twenty one, and I have a lot of change to go through, but I think I've always had a pretty strong sense of self and I'm attracted to that and people and that just happens to be people who are a little bit older.
Speaker 1: So you feel like you do you feel you're twenty one? Okay? So like have you do you feel like you've changed at all since you were?
Speaker 2: Of course? Yeah, yeah, of course I think that in essence, I'm the same person. I think I love the same things and I have the same values, but I think that my outlook has changed. Especially Here's another story that I'm not going to get deep into because it's a it's a long one and I don't like to dwell on it too much. But I was engaged to this guy who was again older than me. This was not like an arranged thing. This, yeah, it's not an arranged thing. My parents actually hated him. And then like two weeks before my wedding, I find out that he was married already.
Speaker 1: Whoa, yeah, what's the what's the plan there? What the hell? What's the plan?
Speaker 2: I didn't ask too many questions. I didn't ask too many questions to be honest with you, Like I kind of was like, all right, well bye, you know, I kind of just left the country.
Speaker 1: That's this is in Iran. Mm hmmm is that yeah, Okay, this is an angering question. But I'm gonna ask you, is that like a thing.
Speaker 2: There like stating older?
Speaker 1: No, like having multiple wives.
Speaker 2: I mean, by law, you can have multiple wives, but it's not like you can just go about it willy nilly, Like there's a whole legal process for it and like you have to consent and all of that. But it's not practiced. No, it's not practice. It's just there are a lot of things that are law but aren't practiced. Like alcohol is illegal. We is illegal, but you know, premarital sex is illegal. But in a war, I like to say, in a world where everything is illegal, nothing is yeah, very much accessible.
Speaker 1: When I was in Iraq, I kind of I couldn't tell what the deal was with alcohol because like you could say, because like people drink, but like you can't like go into a store and buy it anywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeap. Yeah, I have maybe fifty contacts not exaggerating in my phone whose job is to bring me whatever My heart made it desire and like if the if person number one is an hour away, person number two will be twenty minutes away.
Speaker 1: If you get caught at alcohol today, do you get in trouble?
Speaker 2: I mean again, by law, you're supposed to get in trouble, but bribery is very common, so you either bribe them with money or you like just give them a bottle. Like I was. I was driving with one of my friends one day and this was a new friend and he happened to be in the business of selling marijuana. And one day the cops pull us over and they stick their head in the car and they're like, it's most like we did here. And homeboy tells me to open up his glove box and I open it up and just big ass bag of weed just plops down, like big ass bag of weed. And he literally just hands it to them and they're like, have a.
Speaker 1: What's your name again? My name is gandal gand.
Speaker 2: Hmmm yeah. But anyway, that's not even the cheating that led me to after he cheated on me, we're talking about the current guy. After he cheated on me, he really was insistent of keeping me around, and I was like, hey, man, We're going to be working together this weekend not weekend, sorry, this winter, and I'm going to be seeing you and it's going to be really fucking hard for me to be around you unless you give me some space so that I can process what the fuck has happened. Oh by the way, the day after I find out about this chick, I call her and I'm like, hey, just so you know, like not mad at you, this person's in a relationship, and she.
Speaker 3: Was like, oh my god, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: And the day after that she texts him and asks to borrow forty dollars. So like at that point, I'm like, like, who are you even cheating on me with? Like this person is just like not to judge her, I don't know who this person is. But also, come on.
Speaker 1: Agen, sorry, I almost called you, Gandalf. Can you give me your name again?
Speaker 2: My name Tigert works, says Gandalf, so that's also acceptable.
Speaker 1: But your name, says Gandalf. All right, if Gandalf is acceptable, Odal.
Speaker 2: Go for it.
Speaker 1: It's acceptable, Gandalf. Well, Gandalf, I appreciate you away sharing all this stuff with us.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 1: Hm hmmm, do you feel like you got what you desired out of this phone call or do you feel like do you feel like you feel like there's anything more that you wanted to talk through?
Speaker 2: You know, there's so much more. But also you know, no matter how much I.
Speaker 3: Go on, there will always be more, of course, So yeah.
Speaker 1: Hm hm hmm, gandalf, I think you know, I get why you don't like people. I get why you don't like people. Right, Also, uh, but you do you? I assume you texted me because you listen to the podcast. I do, Yeah, I've had The podcast is about people. I mean, I don't, well, this this podcast is not about like liking people necessarily, and and I don't think that. Uh, it's more about I feel like it's more about observe. I feel like it's it attracts people who are interested in more so observing human thought and behavior rather than you know, because they love people so much. But when you listen to the show, are you do you do you like hate the callers all the time?
Speaker 2: No? No, not all the time. I mean there was one guy who I saw had very questionable morals, the Pegasus guy.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, the was the most recent one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I was like, okay, man, maybe the problem is within yourself anyway, no offense. True, you're great.
Speaker 1: But oh you remember his damn name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was very it was interesting. It was an interesting one. That was a fun one.
Speaker 1: Gandalf, is there is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 2: To be honest with yourself and with the people around you, even if it's scary, because it kind of sucks to be a deceiving person.
Speaker 1: Calling Gandolf I'll uh, I'll see you in the universe sounds good bye bye bye bye. Hello, folks, what's going on? It's Lyle the Gecko person guy thing. I just woke up. I'm a little sleepy. I'm a bit of a sleepy guy, and I'm I'm gonna roll with it. I'm not gonna judge it. I'm not gonna fight it. I'm gonna be a I'm gonna dive into the sleepiness. I'm gonna call this a sleepy gek mail. Okay, this is gek mail. By the way, this is a segment of the podcast where I read viewer mail that people have sent me to the email address therapy Gecko mail at gmail dot com. These are these are real emails from real people. Probably they could be bots, but I don't think they are. I think these are real people. I hope they're real people. I'm I'm actually, you know, I'm one hundred percent sure that they're real people. Except for except for this one right here, which says, uh, there's a new log into your it's your X account on Mac. That's not a real person. I don't think a person physically typed that email. Your Google password has changed, that's not a real person. But then, but other than that, these are all emails from real people. I'll read one or two, maybe three, probably one or two, maybe three. Usually when you say maybe, when you say maybe, it's a usually like seventy percent that it's a yes. This is an actual maybe. There needs to be a word between know and maybe. That means closer to know than it does to yes, because it's almost this maybe you kinda they kind of lean towards yes.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Maybe is usually close to a probably maybe and probably are too similar. Probably is closer to yes than maybe. But once what's what's the probably of no? Probably is the maybe of yes, But I want the whatever, the probably whatever. The maybe of no is is the chance that I'll read a third gek mail. I'm gonna dive into the sleepiness. I'm gonna see where it takes me. Well anyway, Okay, yeah, these are these are emails that I'm gonna read. If you want to send a gek mail, you can send one to Therapy Gecko mail at Gmail. But otherwise let's read to read some gek males. Okay, this is from Madison, subject line Limerens sucks Balls. Just wanted to start by saying how big of a fan I am of the podcast. I started casually listening to you around the beginning of COVID. I really got roped into being a regular listener when that guy called in to talk about train hopping across the states. Shout out to our train hopping homie. Anyway, I wanted to talk about out painful limerences Idkay if you've ever experienced this yourself, but it's super painful and draining. I've been dealing with it since I was a child. Apparently it can be caused by autism or childhood trauma. I've been in a long term relationship for the past few years, but I haven't been happy since the first year. We have lived together. For a couple of years now. We broke up briefly last November, but we ended up getting back together. It's complicated because he's my best friend and I love him deeply, but I'm not in love with him. This seems to be a consistent problem in my relationships, where I confuse deep love for romantic love. Interesting deep love and romantic love. I'm not sure if I fully understand the difference. Maybe she explains it. I have developed limerens for other people three times throughout this relationship, and I feel like a horrible person. I haven't cheated on him, but I developed feelings for other people in a way that I feel it. I don't fully understand why I don't feel romantic or physical attraction to him, because he's a really cool person. Okay, deep love is like okay, romantic love seems like it's yes. Romantic love by this person's definition is more about sort of physical attraction. It seems pheromones and what have you. I've realized I need to stop settling for people, and then I have some issues I need to work on in therapy. I will be ending my relationship soon out of respect for him. He deserves to be fully loved by someone and I no longer want to waste his or my time. I am going to be thirty this year and it's time to get my shit together. I will likely be crashing on my brother's couch because I have nowhere else to go. The cost of living is absolutely fried in Ontario, so I can't afford my own place. I haven't talked to my mom in a few years. My dad is not really around very often are able to help me. I am thankful to have my brother at least, as well as some amazing friends, but I feel alone. I feel scared, but I know it's the right thing to do. My life is going to be challenging soon, as I'm also currently working part time and doing a trades program to hopefully get a better job. So wish me good luck. Good luck. I am hoping to grow as a person from this whole experience. I don't think there's really any advice you can give me, but I just wanted to rant about this. Sorry if that was a hard read, I have raging adhd. Thanks for reading. By the way, I will be coming to your Toronto show later this year. Thank you, Madison. I'm pretty stoked. Love you. Ghek Madison, HM, I don't I don't really have well, I don't, I don't really have advice. A lot a lot of reading these emails is a little bit more about pondering that it is about advice, suppose. But I don't think you should feel like a horrible person. I mean, I think you did the right thing by breaking up with this person because and by the way, I empathize with that feeling. I think. I think that's a common feeling that people have, where they feel a strong connection with someone and a deep love for them. But yes, not a like someone They're like, I'm not that physically attracted to you or romantically attracted to you, but I feel a deep love for you. Is a common feeling that I think people have because I think people I think love is a very complicated thing and that it kind of comes from a lot of different places in the gut and ideally, I I don't know, though I'm truly not a relationship expert by any means, but I don't know. Love is weird, Like you feel it in many different places. You feel it in your heart, your brain, your balls, girl balls, boy balls, whatever you got. You feel it sometimes in different. Sometimes you feel it in certain parts of your bodies. Sometimes you feel another parts of your body, but you don't feel it in other parts of your body. You know what I'm saying. But you have to kind of decide. That's I think the thing is, you have to kind of decide, like, do I feel it enough and enough of my body and the parts of my body that I want to feel it in to be in a relationship and sound it sounds like you didn't and so and so you let him go, but you're developing feelings for other people you don't get to feel like a horrible part is that. I mean, I think you did again. You did the right thing, so you know. But the fact that you have the capacity to develop these feelings with these other people means.
Speaker 2: That you are.
Speaker 1: It means that.
Speaker 2: You are.
Speaker 1: Capable of feeling these feelings, which is a good sign. So I think that there is hope for you in the romantic realm of your life to find someone that you can have a ragingly good life with. Sorry, I'm staring at the word raging. The only time I hear raging usually you said you said I got raging ad h D. Usually the last the last time I hear the word raging, it's usually like a raging boner. That's not that's not me trying to be funny. That's just I'm saying every thought that comes to my head. I'll see you at the Toronto Show. I'm excited for that. That'll be good. M hm m hmm. You're doing a trades program? What kind of trade? When someone says they're doing a trade program, they mean they usually mean like plumbing or electric or something. They're never never now that they're like trading things, you know what I mean? That's not what that means. This person has a hotmail email address. I probably shouldn't say that. I mean, it doesn't really matter. I don't think that's an identifying detail. Do they still do Hotmail? I want to go to hotmail? What happens if you go to hotmail dot COM's so, what happens if you go to hotmail dot com? Let's find out? Are they still doing hotmail? Okay? It takes you to outlook? Okay. Outlook is the same thing as hotmail. Let's do one more. Okay. Then maybe that's why I needed a maybe that leans towards no, that's why I needed a maybe that leans towards no, because I had a feeling. Okay, let's do one more. This is from Chris somepartic line just hello. That's when. That's when enticed me about this email is that it kind of gave itself away and the subject we knew. We knew from the start what we were getting into. Great Gecko, how's it going? Love? The episode with Papa Gecko. Hold on my I have my my alarm going off. Let me. I don't know. I don't know what I set that alarm for. I think I set that alarm for me to do this, but I'm already doing it, So hold on what Okay? All right, We're good. Great Gecko, how's it going? Love? The episode with Papa Gecko. Shout out to my dad. Man, what a great guy he is. What a great dad he must have been for you. He's a great dad. Look, I'm always looking over the fence seeing if grass is any greener anywhere. Ooh, looking over the fence. That's a good expression for that. I see that, I see what you mean, I see what you did there. I like that. I'm also learning to be happy with what I have. I keep seeing things on the internet of people with really well organized shops that are DIY kind of dudes. I'm really jealous because my garage doesn't look like theirs and they're handy and I'm not. Hey Gak. Just finished the episode. What okay, this is Okay? You didn't okay, huh okay, Okay, they said Hey Gek again, but they there is new information. They didn't just copy and paste the email twice. Okay, I'm gonna read it as I'm gonna fix this email for you guys. It says hey Gak okay Okay. Also instead of hey GEK. Sorry, I know this is I'm being confusing right now. Okay, I'm jealous because my garage doesn't look like theirs and they're handy and I'm not. I also just finished the episode where the caller was talking about having an affair with her ex while married. First off, I'm glad you were able to help her see things clearly. I remember her. I'm having trouble with understanding why people are so quick to give up on their partners. Granted there were some certain circumstances for her family being the biggest issue, it sounded like I don't like the thought of my wife just not liking me anymore or wanting to cheat for a little to get back. Help me understand why you went straight to dump your husband and live life. Why not try to work on it? Kids in early generations are going to be messed up because moms and dan moms and dads just quit marriage when it gets hard. Thanks. Sorry for the long email, Chris. It is true. I think people in this generation give up on uh relationships more than the previous generation. I don't. I mean, And there's the why I mean, I don't. Our generation is more optionality ultimately, I think is why you know, I mean like there's a whether we just have more information, we have more knowledge of or I or or or perceived doledge I guess of what's out there. But it is a tough thing because you you ultimately are always going to find like what like if you have a if you're in a thing and it has problems, you're just going to jump into another thing that also has problems. So it's really just about which problems you feel like you can stomach, you know. I think if you just don't like someone anymore, should you stay in a relationship with that person? Probably not? I think liking someone is a it's kind of a bare minimum reason to be with them, you know, looking over the fence, seeing if the grass is greener anywhere. That's another thing. Some people are also always looking over the fence. I like that express. I'm not thinking about that over the fence. I look over the fence sometimes sometimes I'm like, oh, not not well, Actually you're looking at garages, so you're looking into the garage more than over the fence. Do Yeah, I don't know. I guess that's why. That's why you know people people do that? Is it should you try to work on these I don't think. I don't think. I don't believe in like, oh, you should always stay in a relationship that's making you unhappy. But I do think you should. People should recognize I don't think I think people should recognize it or it will always be some sort of problem, you know. I think if you're looking for something perfect, you're it's not good. It's not gonna exist right, Like, there's always gonna be problems. I think maybe maybe that I think that's the problem with younger generations more than it is that they're always leaving. Is it's that they maybe don't recognize is that you have to like. It's one thing if you come to the decision that you're like I can't handle these specific problems, but it's another thing to be like I will eventually find a perfect person that's different. You know, you have to abandon that fantasy and again, just try to find someone who you can you can deal with the problems. Thanks for sending this email, Chris.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: They also wrote thanks sorry for the long email. That's a suit. This is a super short email. It's not a long email at all. You don't have to be sorry for anything, Chris. Folks, that was gek mail again, if you want to send a gek mail. So this is why I needed the not the no. Maybe because we're done. We did two gek mails, but I had fun. I had fun doing these gek mails. I'm very sleepy. I just got back from Japan. I'm jet lagged as hell. I gotta run over to California soon because I'm doing a show in San Diego on May third at American Comedy Company, and then another show in Los Angeles on May sixth as part of the Netflix's Joke Festival at the Masonic Lodge. If you live in either of those two places. You can get tickets right now at therapy geckotour dot com. It'd be great to see you. That's it. I don't have anything else to plug. I did it premiere last night for my Ukraine documentary. That was really that was really fun. We're gonna post the full thing, I believe on Monday, YouTube dot com, slash Lyle Forever. I'm gonna leave you guys there, but I'll be back on Sunday with another episode of the Therapy Eco podcast. I read every Spotify comment. I'm insane, so hit me up, let me know what's good. Thank you guys. Get bless Goes on the line taking your phone calls every night, Goes, I was teaching you cloud an expert