Speaker 1: Hi, everybody. Welcome to another edition of Packers Unscripted from Packers dot Com. I and Mike Spofford, joined as always by the one, the only, Wes Hodkowitz. We're coming to you here from our studios at Lambellfield to preview this Sunday's matchup, Wes. It will be the Packers against the Steelers on the road in Pittsburgh. It's a noon Central Time kickoff. And when you look at the twenty twenty three Pittsburgh Steelers, if you're trying to find a lot of statistics that explain the Steelers five and three record, you're going to have a hard time because, honestly, a lot of their numbers don't look good. It's hard to figure out in a lot of respects just on paper, like how this team is five and three. But the two things that stand out are the turnover margin and how they played in the fourth quarter the fourth quarters of most of their football games. It's a team that wins the turnover battle and they play crunch time football, and that's why they're two games over five hundred.
Speaker 2: It's a very unique team because, you know, statistically, diving into some of the defensive numbers, the fact that they're thirty first in total defense. I mean they're middle of the pack and scoring defense, they're fine there, but then you know, bottom of the third, bottom quarter of the league and running defense, but they're third and takeaways. It reminds me a lot of the twenty ten Packer or twenty eleven Packers excuse me, when the Packers were dead last to total yards but led the league in takeaways. The only difference, though, is the Green Bay had a prodigious year offensively. Pittsburgh is having this success without scoring more than I think twenty six points in any game this season so far. So yeah, when you point out the turnover margin and the way they finish games with Kenny Pickett, that has certainly been the difference. And you know, I've always said, and I wrote in our Insider Inbox column this week, you are what your record says you are. And the Pittsburgh Steelers have found ways to win five of their eight games. The Packers have only won three of their eight so far. You tip your cap to them. But at the same time, I think, if I'm the groom at Packers going into this thing, you understand fully well what must be accomplished in order to win this football game. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. I mean I wrote a story on late in the day on Wednesday. It's up on Packers dot com if you want to check it out, that that lays out some of these numbers with regard to Pittsburgh and you look at it and some of it, some of it is just head scratching. I mean, they've been out gained on the season by roughly eight hundred yards. They've they're minus roughly forty five minutes on the season in time of possession. That's three quarters. It's three quarters of football that the opponent has had the ball longer than they have. They've been outscored by thirty points overall in the season, mostly because two of their losses were by twenty plus points to the San Francisco forty nine Ers in Week one and then to the Houston Texans when they went down to Houston and everybody was like, WHOA, what happened there. Obviously they have rebounded and bounced back from that. But you mentioned you mentioned Kenny Pickett. You had pointed out this stat to me yesterday, actually that Kenny Pickett, the second year starter for the Steelers, his passer rating in the first three quarters of games is seventy five point three. His passer rating in the fourth quarter is one oh eight point two. I mean that is a dramatic difference in terms of how he performs late in games compared to the rest of the contest. And that turnover margin is plus eight. On the season, the defense has sixteen total takeaways and plus eight is only one off of the league lead, which is at plus nine right now. I believe it's the Bengals and the Chargers maybe that are plus nine on the season, and the Steelers are right behind at plus Say so, smart, Yes, okay, you're confirming.
Speaker 2: I am confirming it.
Speaker 1: I'm correct.
Speaker 2: That's the guy with the master's degree and this is the.
Speaker 1: Guy with it's just memory number.
Speaker 2: I don't remember stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Numbers stick in mind.
Speaker 2: I need to have the information in front of me.
Speaker 1: But yeah, this is but this is this is the number. And I mentioned this on our three Things video as well as in the story. The number that sticks out to me is when you look at the fact that four of Pittsburgh's five victories they have been trailing heading into the fourth quarter, and yet they came back in the fourth quarter to beat the Browns and the Ravens, two teams to division rivals, teams in their own division, which are huge wins for them. Also coming back in the fourth quarter to beat the Rams and the Titans, and not just the fact that they trailed going into the fourth quarter and won those games, but the collective fourth quarter score in those four games is forty two to zero. The defense has given up nothing, nothing in those four games. When they have come back to win in the four it's not it's not like they get into some sort of a fourth quarter shootout, I guess is my point, where suddenly the defenses get worn out and the offense is going, you know, back and forth up and down the field that happens in NFL games. Sometimes that's not what this is. This is a team that in the fourth quarter has shut down opponents and then their quarterback, as I just mentioned, with that that rating number, finds a way to elevate his game, and the offense finds a way to get the score or scores that they need to pull out victories. And you know, all sorts of other statistics get thrown out because these guys are five and three and they're right in the thick of it in the AFC North.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And Kenny Pickett is a guy that I feel like, for whatever reason, people have tried to kind of diminish him a little bit. And I think he's been underrated in some terms because if you're a second year quarterback that has also played in that city, it was a first round pick and had the expectations that he's had, but have been able to pull off six fourth quarter comebacks in this short of time, which I think we were saying is either first or second in the NFL right now. So in the beginning of last.
Speaker 1: Season, basically less than two seasons he's that's pretty darn impressive.
Speaker 2: And this offense does operate much differently when he's out there as opposed to you know, when Mitchell Trubisky had to sub in for him a little bit two weeks ago. But here's the thing that not enough people are talking about when we break down this matchup is what's going on offensively right now with the Steelers rushing offense has been sort of blase so far this year. Naja Harris. They they've been okay but not great. Well, then you have Jalen Warren pop up. Yeah, former undrafted free agent five foot eight, two hundred and fifteen pounds. This guy's a little battering ram. Yeah, in terms of what he can do with an opposing team. This isn't a five foot eight hundred and seventy pound kid. This kid packs a punch, and they've turned out to be a pretty good compliment. They're coming off their best running performance of the season against Tennessee. Deontay Johnson is back now off injured reserve. As much of a big play threat as George Pickens is, it's Deontay Johnson who's been sort of the the Romeo Dobbs of this offense, for a lack of a better term, the guy that can consistently move the chains for you. Kenny Pikett has developed a rapport with him. He did it last year, he's doing it again this year since he's been back. There are guys offensively that can hurt you. But where Green Bay must succeed in this game is in protecting the football and taking the football away. Pittsburgh's defense has as many fumble recoveries as they do interceptions. It's eight and eight, yeah, those sixteen so far this season.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: They get the ball out, yeah, and they get on the football. Green Bay has to be able to protect football. If you go back to last week, Yeah, it wasn't clean, it wasn't perfect, but when they did have the turnovers, they didn't allow any points off them defensively, and when they got them, they were able to generate them. A lot going on in this matchup, Michael, But certainly, you know, if you take away the team stats and all that sort of things, this is still a very dangerous Pittsburgh Steelers team coach by one of the best in the game in Mike Tomlin. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I mean Mike Tomlin. As many people know, he's in his seventeenth season as a head coach. He has never posted a losing record over the course. He's had some you know, eight nates in there before the switch to the seventeen game season, had some eight and eates in there. But in his first sixteen years in the league, ten playoff appearances. It's a lot to be said for that. The vast majority of that, well pretty much all of that actually for Tomlin was with Ben Roethlisberger, the future Hall of Fame quarterback. Now they've made the transition over the last couple of years to Kenny Pickett. George pick Ends is that big play guy four pickt He's averaging seventeen and a half yards a catch per season. I'm sorry, seventeen and a half yards per catch this season, which is a pretty standout number.
Speaker 2: And me lose my fantasy game though last week by not getting his feet down. I would have won otherwise.
Speaker 1: But you you mentioned though, and what is kind of striking is that this Pittsburgh defense from a yardage standpoint is ranked as low as it is because and I know, you know, Cam Hayward's been injured and he's back now, but I mean what TJ. Watt and Alex high Smith are doing off the edge. You know, those two guys have combined for fourteen of the dealers twenty six sacks. They have been missing Minka Fitzpatrick, who's been you know, one of their playmakers, probably probably their biggest playmaker in the secondary. But but it's a it's a defense that is that has you know, built its success on pressuring the quarterback and generating turnovers, whether that be the strip sacks or whether that be wayward throws that get that get intercepted. They like to they like to force quarterbacks into making mistakes. That's really what That's really what it comes down to, and absolutely protecting the football is paramount here. I should mention when we're talking about George Pickens, Deontay Johnson, jay r Alexander popped up on the injury report UH this week for the Packers with a different injury. It's not his back, but he is now dealing with the shoulder injury. He missed practice on Wednesday. At the time we are taping this, this is prior to Thursday's practice, so we don't know much about Alexander your status. But the fact that Rasull Douglas was traded last week and if Alexander is unable to go in this game, that really changes the look of things for the Packers defense. So that's definitely something to watch moving forward.
Speaker 2: It does because now you're not just talking about like a Carrington Valentine having to play. You're talking about, you know, Corey Valentine who's off injured reserve, not off injurieser, but off the practice squad, right, you know, in his gains played last week as an elevation, maybe he potentially has added That's where you're starting to dig a little bit into this depth. Depending on where things sort out, and certainly when you look at Pickens and the dangerous threat he provides over the top, you'd love to have a guy like Alexander, especially, you know, depending on what happens in the in the deep secondary there with Rudy Ford, who was back at practice on Wednesday. Right defensively, though, Pittsburgh has had to kind of weather some stuff here. You know when you look at you know, Cole Holcomb ends up having his injury, he's out now. He was one of their leading tacklers. They're two leading tacks didn't play last week with him and Fitzpatrick. So you know, Kean O'Neil has had a little bit of a resurgence there stepping in for Minca. But overall, the yards have been there. It's just been the bend but don't break mentality that has allowed Pittsburgh to survive that much like again drawing that comparison to the Packers in twenty eleven, but for the Packers it comes down to having that plan up front. And that's kind of the thing I want to bring it back full circle with is with TJ. Watt and alex Highsmith, you have two high energy, similarly built guys that are going to give your edge rusher or you're you know, on the edges, you're gonna give your tackle some issues. But also just the way that they can bowl themselves around inside too, if they need to. That's going to be a big point of emphasis in this game for Green Bay because if you allow them to start creating those pressures, that's where takeaways happen. And the fact that you know, when I mentioned those eight fumbles recoveries, three of those are TJ and I don't even know how many of those he generated himself. So it does show you the dangers that lie ahead with this Pittsburgh team. But at the same time, you would hope from the green Bay Packers perspective, especially with how progressively healthier they've been getting on the offensive side of the ball, this would be a matchup that lines up okay for green Bay, and in terms of the matchups they want to be able to develop well.
Speaker 1: One injury certainly the Packers are watching on the offensive side of the ball is at left tackle, because yash Niman had taken over for Rashid Walker, but then after the first half against the Rams last week, he was having a little bit of trouble with his back, so he went to the bench. Walker came in and finished the game. Nyman did not return to practice on Wednesday, so again that's another thing to watch because it seemed Nyman had certainly moved ahead of Walker on the depth chart and seemed to be taking that left tackle spot back. But now with the injury, that's a little bit uncertain. And whichever guy you know, whether it's Water or high Smith, that ends up on that side, I know sometimes they flip flop those guys back and forth. At least occasionally. We'll have to see how exactly how the Packers are going to match up there. But I want to get to our keys to victory. I think we've already said protect the football three or four times throughout this But aside from that obvious talking point of protecting the ball, what else do the Packers need to do to win this game?
Speaker 2: We'll probably protect the football, it's kidding. Two stats that really stand out to me defensively for Pittsburgh. A lot of things on the high end of things when you see the twenty nine's the thirties in terms of their rankings, well, two areas are really exceptional This year. Has been fourth downs and in the red zone. Both of those type of statistics I think speak to not only their ability to stop opposing teams, but also some turnovers they've generated in that side of the field. Again, I don't want to just keep belaboring the bend but don't break, but that's the way they've survived. So for Green Bay standpoint, a team that has been pretty proficient inside the red gold whatever you want to call it, z own this year. They need to be able to keep that going. I love the way and we talked about this on Tuesday's show. I love the way they finished last week. They turned turnovers into points, they turned opportunities into points, and they got the twenty points they needed to win that game handily. Maybe you do need more in this game, maybe you don't, but being able to actually convert when you get into Steelers territory is going to be huge, because Mike, it's just not about when you face the Steelers the points and the score on the scoreboard. It's also about the momentum meter. And I think when you follow Pittsburgh and you follow some of these things they've done in the fourth quarter, a lot of it is when momentum has turned drastically in their favor. Yeah, And I think that's one area where Green Bay has to come up big in this one. When you get the chances, you have to be able to turn it into points.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And this this game, to me, you know, I don't see I don't see either one of these offenses right now going up against these respective defenses. I don't see either one of these teams being able to salt this game away in the first three quarters. This is going to be a crunch time game. It's going to come down to the fourth quarter, and you have to be the better team in those moments. And that is that much harder to do when you're on the road versus at home. And all you have to do is look at the Packers twenty twenty three season. Right the fourth quarter against the Saints, the Packers have the big comeback. They have a really strong fourth quarter to beat the Rams. Those were at home. The fourth quarter in Atlanta, the fourth quarter in Vegas, the fourth quarter in Denver. The Packers had all the opportunities you could ask for, and they did not prove to be the better team in those instances. So this is going to be a game where the Packers are going to have to get done in crunch time on the road, hostile crowd, the terrible towels waving, all of that kind of stuff. The other statistic I'll point out that I think is pretty interesting is that veteran kicker Chris Boswell for the Pittsburgh Steelers. He's been a big part of this because their offense does not light up the scoreboard, they do kick a fair amount of field goals. He's only missed one kick all season and it was actually from sixty one yards away, is his only miss of the year. So that's something to watch as well. In Pittsburgh, you know, outdoors, we'll see what the weather is like and everything. And if you're asking him, I trying to jinx him into missing some kicks on Sunday, Yes, I absolutely am. But you know, veteran kicker, the Packers are gonna have their rookie kicker, Anders Carlson, who's had his ups and downs lately too, so you know everything, you know, all three phases are gonna are gonna play a part in this. I thought, you know, I'll just mention too briefly before we move on Packers' special teams aside from Carlson missing the kick at the end of the first half, which was unfortunate, but in the return game, Packers might have started to find something against the Rams and not just you know the obvious, which was the fifty one yard kickoff return by Keishawn Nixon to open the second half, but Nixon also had a fifteen yard punt return and Jaden Reid had a twenty two yard punp return. When you're getting when you're getting those types of returns, it doesn't you know, it doesn't have to be the forty and fifty yard explosive returns. Like a fifteen yard punt return of twenty two yard punt return, those can be big in the field position game, and if the Packers are starting to find something with regard to their return game, I think that could play a huge factor on Sunday when when every you know, any yard here or there could be the difference between whether you're going to be in field goal range and be able to get points in a game where points may be at a premium, or you're going to be in a position where you have to go for it on fourth down, or you're going to try to pump them, you know, back inside the ten yard line. Every everything is really gonna I think be magnified in this game, just because of the way these two teams have played so far this season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I unfortunately didn't do my proper research on my Claire Tretder stat packet that she brings down our wonderful communications intern Yes, last week, I believe Green Bay was leading the league in was it opposing starting field position or that the discrepancy between the two Packers have actually done a really good job there when it comes down to where they've been starting as a post where the opponent's starting. I will throw this stat at you though, Michael Is, you're a big stack guy. Yeah, Green Bay Packers presently kickoff returns and punt returns. Do you know where they rank? Can pick either one first if you want.
Speaker 1: I do not. That is not one that I take a quick git. That is not one that I looked up.
Speaker 2: I did look this one up because I was curious after Keishawn's fifty one yard or where the kickoff return was, so I looked at both of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't seem like the Packers have had a whole lot of opportunities this year, there have been a lot of touch.
Speaker 2: It's the National Football League, Yeah, and there's a lot of teams to play in warm weather. There's been a lot of touchbacks. But if you had to just get give me a guess, obviously it's good because I wouldn't be throwing it at you if it was like, oh, they're thirty first, kickoff returns, punt returns average, where do you think they rink?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna guess punt returns there around tenth in the league. And kickoff returns, I'll say.
Speaker 2: Twelve packers are third and kickoff return third yep average so far this season.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: I think a part of that's probably been a product too of Kishan taking a couple out.
Speaker 1: Yea from eight nine yards deep? Yeah, because get all those yards right.
Speaker 2: But I think it shows you one explosive, getting back to your original premise of this question. One explosive, how important that can be. I'll tell you what man I thought in that game. There were so many things that happened, especially the fumble after his kickoff return, that we weren't really able to put the proper light on Kishan's performance. But I thought he was a spark for them. I thought he's shown the signs there of seeing the field well, getting the blocks he needs, and being able to break a few eighth and punt return average too.
Speaker 1: By the way, Okay, I was a little closer on my game.
Speaker 2: You were closer there. But I like what I've seen from that group, and I think especially this is the time of the year, Michael. You know you're going to be in Pittsburgh, You're going to be back in Green Bay. You're going to be back in Green Bay two weeks after that New York. It's going to get colder. There's going to be more opportunities, and I think this is Keyshawn Nixon season in a lot of ways.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you just you wonder if the fact that some of I mean, obviously the injuries don't entirely go away, but just some of the settling down in the injury department has maybe allowed those special teams units to to get more consistent with their personnel. And when the personnel is more consistent, perhaps the performance then becomes more consistent and more reliable for what rich Basaci and those guys are looking for.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. Even look at last week with the flyers. I mean in his gains is on the practice squad. It was his third game that had been elevated, but in this has been around for a couple of years now. He was instituted, inserted right away on one of those flying you know, as one of the flyers at the first team, and he's getting down the field. These guys understand what the standard is. And while there have been a lot of injuries, you do have the guys you can hang your head on the down Levittz, the Eric Wilson's, the Isaam McDuffie's, guys that have been there, done that, and then some and I think overall, I mean, they had a big wake up call two weeks ago with that almost a kickoff return against Minnesota, but I thought they really came together with the strong performance in that win last week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought so too. I'll take care of some sponsor business here. West Sirius XM. NFL Radio delivers hard hitting analysis and up to the minute NFL news that true football fanatics need twenty four to seven, three sixty five and Ed cousin subbs. We have something for everyone, like our Wisconsin cheese curds, Mac and Cheese golden fries and creamy shakes, all paired with your favorite sub or sub in a bowl. Cousin Subs fifty years of better. All right, a glance around the league, Another week of some intriguing matchups in the NFL. In Week ten, I'm gonna rattle these off you, the ones that jumped out to me when I glanced at the schedule, and I'll let you talk about whichever ones you want to thank you. Cleveland is at Baltimore. Interesting matchup in the AFC North with Baltimore has had its ups and downs. They've really manhandled some good teams and then they kind of they'll have a letdown, you know. So this is a big division matchup in the AFC North with Cleveland traveling to Baltimore. Houston is at Cincinnati. Was c J. Stroud coming off of that, you know, monstrous rookie performance and now going into Cincinnati where the Bengals seem to be finding themselves with Joe Burrow being fully healthy and although now Jamar Chase has hurt He's hurt his back in that Sunday night game against Buffalo, so that could be an impact there. San Francisco at Jacksonville two playoff teams from a year ago, one of those interesting AFC NFC matchups. And then as far as the NFC North goes, New Orleans is at Minnesota. You had brought this one up on our last show. Minnesota turning things over obviously to Josh Dobbs at quarterback, and the Saints despite you know what they obviously believe was a game at Lambell Field back in Week three, they should have been able to win up seventeen to nothing going into the fourth quarter. But the Saints have rebounded from that and put themselves in good position. And then the Detroit Lions are back from their bye week and they will face they will travel out west to face the Los Angeles Chargers, the Chargers and the Lions being the two Packers opponents in the next two games after the trip to Pittsburgh. Those two teams going ahead to head on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Well, first off, my older brother Pete Carmichael, I like some of the adjustments they've made in New Orleans. One of those brother you ever look at Pete Carmichael, Yes, I have, that's my older brother. I mean, I know some people like they'll be like, oh, there's a guy with glasses of dark hair that looks like you. No, Google, Pete Carmichael. We're the same person. Fifteen years difference in age, but otherwise the same person. But the Saints got back to doing the things that made them good a few years ago. Yeah, Taysom Hill's doing some really creative stuff. They're using him to the best of his capabilities. Again, Alvin Kamara has just been a major difference for this offense. It's just they are different when he's available. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Not having him earlier in the season definitely impacted where the Saints were going, and they seem to be They seem to be hitting their stride now offensively.
Speaker 2: But let's focus on what matters most for the Packers because I want, I just want your opinion on this, because I don't know if I have one. Maybe you don't either, But we'll try Detroit in the LA Chargers. Yeah, this is interesting because historically, yeah, you just want the Chargers to win this. I think you still do want the Chargers to win this, but then you got them on the other side of this thing. Yeah, and you also have Detroit. What probably two weeks from today, I think.
Speaker 1: Yes, two weeks from today would be Thanksgiving Day.
Speaker 2: That's actually right about right now, you and I will be getting ready to eat turkey together, So happy Thanksgiving. What do you make of this matchup? I watched most of that Chargers game on Monday, I mean they handled Jets. Yeah, very curious to see how they respond now against Yeah.
Speaker 1: I honestly, I don't know what to make of that Monday night game. I realized the Chargers were on the road. You're going all the way across the country to play a primetime game on the road, so nothing's easy about that. But man, the Jets offensively were just so bad. Like I don't you know, I don't even know. I don't really know what to make of that. I do think based on what I've seen, I think justin Herbert is playing a lot better now than he was earlier in the Sustin Night healthy, yeah, and with Eckler being healthy, But it seemed like Herbert was a little more erratic I think earlier in the season, and he's kind of getting his uh, you know, getting his legs and the fundamentals and everything underneath underneath him. As far as as far as who do you want to win? I mean, it's just it's it's always just natural to cheer for anybody that's playing, you know, an NFC North opponent, And hey, like if I guess I look at it this way, if the if the Chargers, if the Chargers knock off the Lions, and you know that'll be them stringing together a few victories, I think everybody's gonna suddenly start talking about the Chargers. And I think that works to the Packers advantage with the Chargers coming in here the following week. So but I do think that I do think that matchup is really intriguing. It's a it's a it's a big test for Detroit going all the way out to the West coast, playing a team that that seems to be finding itself. And uh, and you know the Lions, the Lions coming off there by week, and you know they're ready to make a charge and and take this NFC North Division and stay in control of it. Because here's the thing, Wes, I mean, who knows what's going to happen in Minnesota with with Josh Dobbs making his first actual start as the Vikings quarterback. But if the Chargers, if the Chargers knock off the Lions, and Minnesota with Dobbs can beat the Saints in Minneapolis, suddenly there are a lot you know, the NFC North feels a heck of a lot more wide open as opposed to the Lions, you know, kind of being the front runner and sitting in the caffards. They would still be in first place, but but that all that all changes if they were to lose and the Vikings were to win another one. So a lot of a lot of interesting things there. But but yeah, seeing those two the two teams, it's funny how that worked out because it wasn't that long ago that the the Rams and the Steelers were playing each other, and then they were back to back opponents for the Packers right after that, and now the Chargers and the Lions are playing each other and they're back to back opponents on the Packers schedule right after It's it's it's it's there's just been schedule quirks like that all.
Speaker 2: See, you might have just figured out the whole process here.
Speaker 1: Maybe, yeah, maybe something with one of those computer algorithms. Maybe that's what that's how they that's how they spit some of this stuff out. I don't know, but it isn't that isn't that weird? Though?
Speaker 2: It is very strange.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels.
Speaker 2: It feels there's a lot of interesting ques. We can do it entire episode on just all the weird quarks of this year's schedule. Like remember with Denver where it's like, hey, they're gonna play Kansas City and then they're gona play Green Bay and then they're gonna play then they're gonna play Kids the City or on a buy Yeah, what like how does that work?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but certainly when you get there will be certain amount of patterns that develop like that when you're having these cross conference you know, divisional matchups. But uh, for Green Bay, I think you've laid that out perfectly. If the Chargers can take care of business against Detroit in addition to whatever happens with the Vikings and let's say the Packers not promising anything, Packers take care of business against the Steelers and then against the Chargers, well then Thanksgiving becomes really interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We may have that opportunity, Yeah, no question about it.
Speaker 2: When you're at three wins, you have to find way to claw yourself back. And when you're looking out at a Lion's team that has two losses. You have to find a way for them to have setbacks. And right now Green Bay just has to worry about what's in front of them. It but I mean, it's still all right there for them on the other side of this thing. If you get the job done against Pittsburgh on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, it's time. It's time for the Packers to start stacking something. Right. Packers have not had a winning streak. They have not won two games in a row this season. The last winning streak for this team was in December of last year. And you don't get anywhere in this league without stringing together victory. So it's got to start somewhere for green Back.
Speaker 2: So it's been fifty three years now since they've won an acupuncture stadium.
Speaker 1: Right in the city of Pittsburgh, in the city of Pittsburgh. Yes, okay, yes, nineteen seventy. I'll be writing about that over the weekend. Actually looking at this history of the Packers actually losing a lot of close games unfortunately in Pittsburgh, both at Three Rivers and at Heinz Slash Akrascher Stadium.
Speaker 2: Aqua filter.
Speaker 1: All you have to do is spell it right. On Sundays that's it, so I don't have to fix it. Your story all right? With that, we're gonna call it.
Speaker 2: If I put three rivers, we let it stay. If I put three rivers, I'll I'll just let that one stay in there old three Rivers Stadium.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 2: We'll call it a.
Speaker 1: Wrap on this edition of Packers Unscripted. Be sure to follow all of our coverage of the team, and we will have everything for you from Sunday's game in Pittsburgh at whatever stadium you.
Speaker 2: Want to call it.
Speaker 1: It will be there for you on Packers dot com for Wes. I am Mike. Thank you for tuning in everybody. We will see you next time.