Speaker 1: Wow, Hey, everybody, Welcome to Friday and another edition of the Stardom Centum Show. I'm Marcus Grant with Michael lef Florida, who writes the Stardom Citem column. You can find that every week at NFL dot com. Clash to Start sit and joined by Lakwan Jones, who does not write the Stardum Centum column. Yes, thoughts, we'd like to have him hang out with us and to offer some of those thoughts about what he is reading, hearing, seeing and all of the above. Florida. It is week ten. The countdown to the playoffs is really really on because we got what about five weeks or so six weeks until the Fantasy playoffs start. In most leagues usually it's a week fifteen, sixteen seventeen. So the clock is ticking, which means starts and sits become all that more important for everybody. So on that note, though, let's start with the quarterbacks. Who is up and who's down this week?
Speaker 2: Cannot believe it's already week ten? Already start, Jayden Daniels, I know a couple weeks ago I said too obvious that they start. I'm not going to be including him in this article, but he's facing the Steelers, so I just kind of wanted to be like everyone. It's okay, continues starting him. I'm starting Brock Purdy against the Bucks. Just a fantastic matchup. Same thing for Sam Darnold against the Jaguars. Those are the two best matchups a quarterback can have so far this season. I know the Bears are a tough matchup, but I'm a Drake May believer, so I'm starting him this week. I am also starting a former Ram and a current RAM, Jared Goff and Matthew Stafford. I like both of their matchups to kind of bounce back this week, and then my sits Patrick Mahomes coming off as two best games. But this is a tougher, much tougher matchup than he's had in recent weeks. C J. Stroud because I don't know if the Lions defense passing defense is getting enough credit. They have been elite, especially as of late. I'm sitting toa because Lakwan, your Rams defense deserve a lot of credit. They have definitely bounced back at bo Nick. I know we all believe in Bonnicks, but he's playing the Chiefs, so I'm going to get away from him there and then Caleb Williams. I know it's a good matchup, but he's had good matchups the last couple of weeks and has finished with single digit Fantasy points.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been it's been rough for Caleb Williams. We'll see what the Bears can do to try to get him back on track a little bit. But Lakwan c J. Stroud legitimately one of the bigger disappointments this year. Is this just a I don't have my receivers or is there something else, because it feels like this goes beyond just the injuries that he's had to deal with this year.
Speaker 3: It's the old line not being able to keep him up right, I mean, the second most sad quarterback this season. And like even when he did have the Trio wide receivers Tank Dell, Stefon Diggs and Nico Collins, he wasn't lighting it up those first five weeks. So it wasn't like anything that you know that was going on on perimeter. It was more so that old line. He was without his center for a very long time, banged up, so therefore a lot of press sure is getting to him. So you have to give him time for some of these big plays to develop, because this Houston Texans offense they just want to go vertical and not being able to go verticals keeping him the underneaths and getting to the run game depending on Joe Mixon. So I can't really see CJ. Stroud in that same lens that we saw him last season surprising folks and lighting it up. And with Nico Collins possibly coming back, I don't know if this is going to be the right fix. You know that where the initial problem is is the offensive a line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's just it has been. It has been underwhelming, to say the least so far. Maybe Nico Collins coming back helps that a little bit. But to your point, he does not block, he does not pass text. So that's that's sort of a problem there right now. I know, Florya, you or a Drake may stand. I think we're all sort of coming around to that. Is this How much of a test do you think this is against a good Bears defense this week?
Speaker 2: I think it's a big test. It's one I think he could pass for fantasy purposes because of what he does with his legs. But I mean, even like Jayden Daniels was held in check against his Bears defense till late in that game. Granted that was a week where he didn't practice and stuff, but yeah, the thing, though, I'll say is May has faced some tough defenses already, like he faced the Texans, the Titans, the Jets. I know he got knocked out early in that game. So just he's one of those quarterbacks I think because he runs so much, it makes a matchup proof.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I think that's sort of the thing that's winning for him is just being able to run with the football for sure. So very curious to see how he performs against that Bears defense, which has been pretty good for most of the year. Over to running backs, who are your starts and sins this week?
Speaker 2: I know you like him as well. I have DeAndre Swift. I think he is a fantastic start against the Patriots. Tony Pollard continues to just get so much volume, so even in a tough matchup, I think you start him. Ramadre Stevenson. I know the Bears on papers seem like a tough matchup, but they allow a lot of explosive runs in over five yards per carry to running backs Najee Harris getting so much work. He is in the midst of his best fantasy stretch in probably two years. And the Commanders allow the most explosive runs to running backs. Tyrone Tracy Junior has taken over that backfield. Panthers allowed the most rushing yards, touchdowns, fantasy points to running backs. And then I'm sitting my bucks running backs if I can not only do they eat off of one another's plates. The forty nine is run defense has been great. I'm gonna get away from Tank Bigsby because the Vikings have been good against the run and if they're gonna be in ketchup mode, it'll be more Travis etn Javonte Williams. They keep saying they want to get estimated more involved in the Chiefs shut down running backs every single week. And then Raheem Moster. You'll like this one La Kwang because he's gotten some volume, but he's more of a like a floor play, I would say. And the Rams have been really good against the run as of late. And then lastly, my guy Jonathan Brooks. I'm very excited to see him play, but I don't want to just be getting him right into my lineups right A way more I want him on my roster, not in my starting lineups.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you about Jonathan Brooks right because we are all sort of sitting here waiting for the moment, right and he's active, although he may not play this week over in Munich against the Giants. But on top of it, the Panthers just went out and signed Chewba Hubber to an extension. Yeah what now, Like, what are we doing with Jonathan Brooks?
Speaker 2: I mean for redraft?
Speaker 3: You gotta be crying, you know, being that you know you waited this long to try to deploy him into starting lineups. But you know, I feel like, you know, this is kind of what it's been all season. Juba Hubber has been playing well and he's earned that contract, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I feel like you take Chowba Hubber out of what he has momentum going right now in that backfield, it's gonna hurt the offense. When you're already hurting on the perimeter at wide receivers that are fully developed, and you lost a veteran Deontay Johnson. You need to keep something steady and intact. So I think more so for the future for Dynasty folks. It's not looking good for Jonathan Brooks. But I might disagree based on you know, we're seeing two running backs being able to be deployed in the same offense with David Montgommer, Jamir Gibbs and even in the past with Mike Anderson and Tatum Bell.
Speaker 1: You know, with the Broncos that won two punch it works.
Speaker 3: So you know, in modern day we seen Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt both coexist. I think it could work over there in Carolina if they actually get that old line to be intact, get some wide receivers on parameters from veteran you know, approach, and then they should be fine.
Speaker 1: I love that you dip back into the Mike Anderson Tatum Bell years with the Denver Broncos. Speaking of Denver Broncos, Florio, do you really believe Sean Payton when he says we're gonna get audric estimate more touches.
Speaker 2: I don't know. He's been saying it for a couple of weeks now, right, I think is Julia McLaughlin going away either? It might just be like a three headed mess for fantasy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that I think is probably the most likely scenario, though, like everybody's I keep seeing tweets like, oh, he's gonna get more involved, and then like he gets like three snaps. I'm like, okay, Like he didn't lie. I mean, Bright had two people too. I mean like, but it's just it's the same thing as like, you know, Sean Payton, like we should really give Marvin Mims more involved. I'm like, you know, who has the power to do that? You Like, I don't even know who that is. He didn't even know what he looks like.
Speaker 2: Probably just he looks at a depth chart on paper.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, yeah, that guy, Yeah.
Speaker 1: That guy, Yeah, that guy. Sure whatever. Speaking of wide receivers for you, who's starting? Who's sitting this week?
Speaker 2: Brian Thomas Junior because he eats against zone and the Vikings play a lot of zone. But I will say I felt a whole lot better about that call when it looked like it would be Trevor Lawrence. But I still think he's in play with Mac Jones, George Pickens. The Commanders play a lot of man, and Pickens has done well against man this year. Josh Downs because he nine targets in two straight and five of his last six games. He's averaging nearly sixteen Fantasy points per game in that stretch. Must start option. I would say Khalil Shakir. He is the wide receiver that gets the most volume by far against zone coverage, and the Colts play zone at the second highest rate. Darnell Mooney. I know Lakwan was talking him up on today's show. I think he's a strong start this week. And Calvin Ridley because volume, like he's averaging ten targets per game in the last month. Marvin Harrison Junior. I know you spoke about potentially getting away from him yesterday on the show, Lakwan, I agree. I think this is a week where if you could get away from Harrison, you should. Jalen Waddle, he hasn't done anything since Week one, really fantasy wise, single digits every week since Week one. Courtland Sutton has been trending up, but now he gets a really tough matchup against the Chiefs and then Xavier Worthy. Just two targets last week. I know he was kind of boomer bust already, but with DeAndre Hopkins there, it looks like that's all he is going to be this season is very Boomer Bust.
Speaker 1: Ask you about George Pickens. I mean, I think this week. I think you're starting George Pickens mostly every week just because of the way the offense works. But you know, concern that Mike Williams is gonna start to take away a little bit about what he does.
Speaker 3: He might take away some vertical shots, but the good thing about Russell Wilson, He's gonna keep chucking it down, so there might be enough volume on a vertical threat, you know, to split it up between the two to keep the defense guessing. And like this Commander's defense just got a little bit stronger, you know, with their recent trade with Lattimore. I feel like the Commander's defense at home it's going to be a tough task for Pickings to begin with. So it's one of those things that you know, you're just hoping that Russell Wilson shows up to be Russell Wilson. That can you know, do to deep ball with the play action had the run game going. But I think more or less I wouldn't be too worried about Mike Williams taking away those deep shots that we love seeing George Pickens Doon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's fair. They definitely need a second wide receiver. The Steelers have been in the market for one since the offseason, when they're really you know, when they were so heavily involved in all the potential Brandon Ayuk shenanigans that went on there.
Speaker 3: So I thought they were going to call Michael Thomas. But I think he's busy tweeting Derek Carter right now.
Speaker 1: His thumbs might be sore from all the tweeting he's doing. He might not be available to catch the football for anybody at this point. Finally tight ends Florio starts and sits there.
Speaker 2: And is as must start as must start could be right now, even in a tough matchup. Evan Ingram another one. I felt much better about this when it was supposed to be Trevor Lawrence, but probably still in play because of the tight ends. TJ Hockinson, great matchup. I think you could potentially get him in your lineup this week. Dalton Kincaid sees a lot of safe volume and it is a good matchup for him against the Colts and Hunter Henry. He looks like the option that Drake may trusts the most right now and then my sits sadly. Sam Laporter, he's averaging three point three targets per game and his production drops dramatically or his volume, I should say, when Jamison Williams plays Cole comet one target in his last two games combined, there's no way you could trust that. Pat Fryermuth has not done a whole bunch with Russell Wilson at all. Dalton Schultz disappointed last week without Diggs and Nico, and then the Lions are elite against tight ends and then zach Ertz eleven targets two weeks ago one last week, it's tough to trust in. The Steelers are a tough matchup.
Speaker 1: For sure. The Steelers are a very tough match Quan about Sam laporta more looking forward to next year. Obviously he's not going to be drafted as the number one tight end, that is for sure. Does he even creep into the top twelve tight ends after what we saw this year?
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, I mean he would have to probably at twelve, but very disappointing. But it's more so that this is what's elevating the Lions offense, you know, with Jameson Williams and them being able to stretch the field, he doesn't become that huge of a factor anymore. I mean, looking towards next year, I'll still draft him. You know, it won't be like as high of an investment as in previous years, but I still believe in the core talent in Saan Laporta, other than you know, looking elsewhere deep in the fantasy streets for a tight end that you know doesn't really have that much upside.
Speaker 1: Uh. Yeah, it's been It's just been a major major frustration with Sam Laporta this year. And even with the games with Jamison Williams wasn't playing, the numbers were just, yeah, they weren't even great even without without Jamison Williams. Loyer Dalton Kin Kate has sort of been frustrating too. He hasn't been as bad as the porter, but it hasn't been great. Do we see him maybe come alive down the stretcher? Is this just kind of a matchup based guy?
Speaker 2: Uh? I think it's kind of more of a matchup based right now. But I like encouraging is that he's had at least six targets in six straight games. He had ten last week, So like that sort of volume at is hard to ignore at the tight end position, especially considering the offense that he's tied to. But this this week especially is more matchup based. The Colts play a lot of zone kin Kate is heavily involved when against zone, and then they just allowed the third and most fantasy points to tight ends this year, so figure volume. Good matchup. Probably a week where you want to take the shot on kin Kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I definitely like him. Uh, you know, worked him into the sleeper's column this week because I do think this is a good matchup for him, but not what I thought it was gonna be. I thought it's not good. Has been number one target in the offense and it hasn't worked out that way.
Speaker 2: He is not the new Travis Kelsey like many said he was gonna be right.
Speaker 1: No, no, that only happened. He only did that against USC a couple of times.
Speaker 2: I've watched that a couple of times just to remind me of who he can be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't want to watch it because I don't want to see it happen against against my school.
Speaker 2: But we were watching that live in the green room.
Speaker 1: Actually I remember, yeah, yeah, I was not having a good day that I meantime, though, this show has been great and the Stardom Cintam column is great, and go check that out at NFL dot com slash start sit to get the more in depth write ups on a lot of the names that Florio mentioned here on the show. Today. In the meantime, though, goods place for us to set it down for the week. That'll do it for this edition of the Stardom Cindam Show. Hopefully you have a healthy, happy and prosperous week ten. Everybody, enjoy the football. We will talk to you again real soon. I'll count help, Bob, I'll count help
Speaker 2: Yah.