Speaker 1: Second date update, the great outdoors, the perfect place to hike around, get mosquito bites the size of cinnamon rolls.
Speaker 2: I actually find a body and maybe even fall in love.
Speaker 3: Maybe the body's alive, you guys just don't need to assume the mosquito's got it.
Speaker 4: That's what one of our listeners says happened while he was working out a summer camp o. God, the falling in love part, not the body part, because he got a big crush on another counselor oh my god, are we.
Speaker 5: Talking to two sixteen year olds right now?
Speaker 6: So funny.
Speaker 4: Well, he wrote us an email he agreed to be on the phone with us today. His name is Maurice. So Maurice, welcome to the show. How you doing man?
Speaker 7: Hey guys, Maurice is your real name?
Speaker 6: What's your camp counselor name?
Speaker 5: Bro cowboy Maurice.
Speaker 7: I was like, guys, like, I'm really sorry. I just I don't think I can do this anymore. I know I was the one who who wrote unto you, but I'm just staying like I'm gonna wait the time.
Speaker 2: Wait, oh bro, No, okay, it's a good thing.
Speaker 6: We're happy, excited to talk.
Speaker 2: We're here for you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, no, I'm sorry, it's no big deal.
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter. If it's a big deal, we'll make it a big deal. That's all we do.
Speaker 3: We have to air something, we blow everything out of proportion and make it a huge crisis.
Speaker 5: It's fun.
Speaker 2: That's a selling point.
Speaker 4: Clearly something told you, Maurice that this person that you met was so special, so important, you had to reach out to a morning show. I'm imagining that doesn't happen to you all the time.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't know. Maybe maybe you're right.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, look I feel like that that was your soul or your instinct telling you I have to do something.
Speaker 3: Or he's like I was actually drunk. When that's an instinct, that definitely the alcohol.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you need to follow that one too.
Speaker 6: Remember, if someone's not calling you back, the worst thing that can happen is they're still not calling you back, phone call. You're right where you are now.
Speaker 5: It's a good point, Jose.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, I guess you're right. Okay, Okay, thanks for a second listening.
Speaker 2: We're for you, man.
Speaker 4: So look, we'll go slow because we don't know the entire story or any of the story but let's start with what's this other counselor's name.
Speaker 8: So her name is Lana.
Speaker 4: Okay, and are you nervous right now because something weird happened between you and Lana while you're at camp.
Speaker 8: Kind of kind of can you walk.
Speaker 5: Us through what happened, what your relationship is like.
Speaker 8: So a couple of the kids saw us talking behind the dining hall, and they knew I had a crush on her. So they're chanting like, oh, they're gonna kiss, They're gonna kiss.
Speaker 6: Oh no, campers.
Speaker 2: He carved their initials into a tree like an Okay.
Speaker 8: Whenever they were like little times that I could hang out and everything with her, you know, they would see me.
Speaker 7: So it was pretty obvious.
Speaker 5: Actually kind of cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going back to that moment.
Speaker 4: Did you kiss her while the kids were all chanting behind the dining hall?
Speaker 5: You can't do it.
Speaker 3: Then, I've worked as a camp counselor before that.
Speaker 6: It is definitely frowned.
Speaker 2: Upon, Like frowning upon it would stop brook.
Speaker 4: Jeez.
Speaker 7: Definitely, we did not do that. I just think it might have made her feel really weird about things.
Speaker 5: And if she has our counselor, she knows how kids are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that was the weird moment for you behind the dining hall. That's what you're worried about.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so that's probably it. That's probably the reason why. And I don't even want to call her any any more. I'm sorry. I just I just know what she's gonna say.
Speaker 3: No, you got bullied by some eight year olds. Man, You've got to stand up for yourself. You can't let that be the moment that defines your relationship with her.
Speaker 6: In his defense, eight year olds are mean, bro.
Speaker 4: And look, camp is a tough place to act on your crushes because you're working around the children all day. It's not you have a of breaks and free times stuff.
Speaker 3: So I mean, like, what if she's like right now thinking about you?
Speaker 2: Maybe did she know that you had those feelings.
Speaker 7: I mean there was this odds and crofts thing I did. I made her like a twig bracelet.
Speaker 6: I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's cute, not even like whatever.
Speaker 4: They don't have the flowers, they don't have access to diamonds out in the in the world.
Speaker 5: Bring it, Bracelet do this.
Speaker 4: Let's not bracelet shame him. Okay, I'm sure it was a really nice twig bracelet.
Speaker 5: What did she say when you gave it to her?
Speaker 7: She just thanked me and everything. I mean, it was it was like it wasn't my thing, big, but it's cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Did an actual date ever happen between the two of you? Or was everything just small interactions at the campsite?
Speaker 6: Good question.
Speaker 7: The closest thing we had to one on one time was this nature walk we went on where I pulled my pants down.
Speaker 2: Wait what.
Speaker 7: Only I had to go pee in the woods and I made her turn around turn around?
Speaker 2: Why does she have to turn around? Are you two feet away from her?
Speaker 5: The real question is what grown man pulls down his.
Speaker 2: All the way to the floor.
Speaker 7: I was at ways away behind a tree, but I didn't want to risk your seeing anything a tree.
Speaker 4: It's funny that when I asked about awkward moments, you led with the kids channing for the kissing and not the the pants down in the woods.
Speaker 3: The kids weren't there for this, and it sounds like maybe she wasn't that close.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, Well what happened after that?
Speaker 7: So everything was flying after that. But at the end of the walk, I was saying we should hang out outside of camp. She said, okay, but now she won't even answer my text.
Speaker 5: I just have an image of you bending.
Speaker 3: I haven't even seen you bending all the way over to your ankles and pulling your pants.
Speaker 4: I have that image in my head too, and I'm gonna keep it with me for a long long time, use it whenever I need it. In the meantime, let's reach out to Lana for you and try and get you a Second Date update. We're not gonna chant like kiss or go out on a date or any pressure at all.
Speaker 5: Very very mature, very adult.
Speaker 4: A grown up adult edition of Second Date Update. We're gonna do it when we come back right after.
Speaker 2: This Second Date Update. You know, we almost didn't make it to part two of this Second Date.
Speaker 5: We didn't make it, almost didn't make it to the end of part one.
Speaker 2: That's what I meant.
Speaker 5: I'm proud of us for finishing the first part.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying because our listener, Maurice almost backed out of the call twice before we even got started with him, and I do understand because he's a little nervous about calling his camp crush Lana.
Speaker 3: Dude would be I mean, like calling the crush period is racking doesn't matter where.
Speaker 4: You are, absolutely, and I should say they were both adult counselors working over the summer together.
Speaker 5: I do feel like that needs to be an asterisk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very important.
Speaker 4: But they had a little thing going on, right, Brooke, Yeah, remind us about some of the romantic things that Maurice did at camp.
Speaker 3: He made her a lovely bracelet out of twigs, it's right. Yeah, they had an intimate moment behind the dining hall where kids started chanting for them to kiss.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I would call that intimate as much as it was being bullied by children, but yes, you.
Speaker 3: Know, it's more timid, half glass full of the situation. And then did a nice lovely walk in the woods. Yeah, he may or may not have dropped his pants all the way to the grass.
Speaker 2: Most good dates end in pants coming off.
Speaker 5: Now, I don't think that was a date.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we do need to call Lana here and help her see the light, because hopefully she didn't turn around during the pants down situation and see something out in the woods she didn't want to, you know what I mean, don't.
Speaker 3: Really what would you pause see that like someone's butt cheeks and make you want to call them back.
Speaker 4: I was thinking more of the other side, but who knows. Let's find out and call Lana here, Maurice.
Speaker 5: Do we make you feel better or worse? Maurice? Okay, what's the word? Right where we started?
Speaker 2: You can't back out of the call now, it's too late.
Speaker 4: I've already started dialing Lana's number, so hopefully she picks up.
Speaker 2: There we go, Jeff get started, there you go. Okay, Hello, Hey is this Lana?
Speaker 4: Yes, hey, Lana. We are a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Hi, We're going to borrow a couple of minutes of your time because we do this segment call the Second Date Update, and we're trying to.
Speaker 2: Kind of hook you up with one of our listeners.
Speaker 5: I mean, you didn't technically ever go on a with him, but yeah, you.
Speaker 9: Know, okay.
Speaker 4: Who It's a guy that you were a camp counselor with over the summer. His name is Maurice.
Speaker 10: Oh, oh gosh, oh my gosh.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, Maurice asked us to reach out to you because he felt there was some sort of connection happening while you two were working.
Speaker 2: What did you think of him?
Speaker 9: You did I mean okay, yeah, we we were can't conkers together and we met there and.
Speaker 10: He seemed nice, like kind of shy, but cute.
Speaker 3: And then that's like the same read we got right thought he was so cute.
Speaker 4: He's very like a wholesome guy.
Speaker 10: Totally. Yeah, as time went by, I could send said he had feelings or was interested.
Speaker 4: Okay, we heard that there was some like romantic bracelet making that happened.
Speaker 10: Oh my gosh, I.
Speaker 4: Mean from everything that we're hearing right now, it sounds like you were definitely entertaining the possibility of a get together for sure.
Speaker 2: I mean what changed? What happened?
Speaker 10: Well, we we went on this like nature walk together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he told us about that.
Speaker 5: I can't wait to hear what happened.
Speaker 2: He did mention something awkward.
Speaker 5: It may not be the same thing that she's sicking though.
Speaker 10: You know, did he tell you it was in a pouch?
Speaker 5: What was it a pouch?
Speaker 2: Like when he when he went to the bathroom, he went in a pouch.
Speaker 6: He said he had to go number one.
Speaker 10: Well, yes, that did happen, but that's not what I'm talking about.
Speaker 11: To do drugs with me, it.
Speaker 3: Has to be like allergy medicine with this guy, there's no drugs.
Speaker 2: You want to do some some afron what do you mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 10: No, Helm brought drugs with him onto our height and I was like.
Speaker 5: Wait, what kind of drugs?
Speaker 6: One of those nature boys? Brooke, It doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: It does matter, really hard stuff for more like nature, drugs, recreational.
Speaker 6: There we go.
Speaker 9: I mean it was a large pouch of drugs.
Speaker 2: I did not get that read on him earlier.
Speaker 5: Was using Well that's why he's never been busted. B Yeah, what did he say?
Speaker 3: I mean, wait, did you say, yeah, did you do the drugs?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 11: I said no.
Speaker 10: And when I asked him, how did you even get those? And he admitted that he confiscated them off one of the kids.
Speaker 6: What he took it from a camp. So a kid took it from their parents, and then he took it from.
Speaker 3: Oh my, okay, wild all of that.
Speaker 5: I knew teachers would do that, you know what I mean, or camp counselors.
Speaker 6: Okay, so hold on, what's the problem there?
Speaker 3: I mean, okay, what if okay, just to play good cop here, what if he was just trying to be cool.
Speaker 5: It's just so hard for me to wrap my head.
Speaker 6: Guy, always occasion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you honestly, maybe we should stop trying to save him and let Maurice step in and handle this himself.
Speaker 5: If he's sober.
Speaker 7: Wait a minute, what do you mean, Because.
Speaker 2: The way that this works, Lana is we have the other.
Speaker 4: Guy on the line listening, waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's there, Maurice.
Speaker 7: Okay, I told you this was a bad idea.
Speaker 5: Tell us you're a drug dealer at a camp.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dealer. I guess he confiscated them off of a child. Brooke. He's doing a good.
Speaker 7: First of all, you guys keep saying child, but he was like sixteen different old.
Speaker 2: They were good drugs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, Murraice. You didn't mention any of this when we talked to you before.
Speaker 7: I mean, I don't know. I didn't think it would be such an issue. I mean, obviously they weren't gonna smoke it.
Speaker 3: So somebody logic, is this a normal thing you do, Maurice?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was a special I mean, doesn't everybody share drugs with their friends?
Speaker 4: Okay, you need to talk to Lana because clearly that move didn't sit well with her.
Speaker 10: Yeah, no, it didn't. Like we're working you know, these are underage kids, and that's so wrong, Like you took it from the kids for you to you and.
Speaker 7: Then would you rather we would have gone back to their camp and smoked it with them.
Speaker 4: Like what, I don't think you're hearing it, Maurice.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's like how quickly my image can change, you know, like you're like was.
Speaker 6: Going to be kingpin?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, well you know the illicit substances aside. The reason that we're calling is because we thought there was a connection romantically between the two of you, or at least some sort of spark, you know, is that true?
Speaker 9: I mean yeah, but then changed like like we could have lost our jobs.
Speaker 10: There is a time and a place for that. I'm a professional and that was not professional behavior to me.
Speaker 4: You sound as paranoid as he does if they smoked a bunch of drugs.
Speaker 3: Well, and it doesn't sound like he said anything on this phone that his called made you feel better.
Speaker 4: I mean, Maurice, look, we're running out of time, so I'm just gonna ask Lana, would you like to go on another date with Maurice and we would pay for it. Pouch left at home, no children around anything, just you.
Speaker 2: And Maurice on a sober romantic evening.
Speaker 6: With his pants around his age.
Speaker 11: I'm sorry, I don't really do drugs myself. It's not my thing, and clearly it's important to him so that he's willing to get us all kicked out of camp, so he does sounds.
Speaker 3: I mean, Maurice, do you feel bad that you're taking the fall for the sixteen year old that originally had the drugs?
Speaker 7: I just I don't really see like what I did wrong, Like I guess maybe I should have saved them for a first date out of Campkeep.
Speaker 4: Okay, hey, Murray's man, I'm sorry it didn't work out, but if you still have that pouch, Jose would definitely like to mold up.
Speaker 2: With you in a little bit. Okay, we can dispose of.
Speaker 7: That's right, I got you, buddy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, connect suddenly Jose's a camp counselor.
Speaker 5: Next summer, Freaking Jeffrey in the morning, Man.
Speaker 4: I hate it when three embarrassing things happened during an interaction and the color only mentions two of them to us.
Speaker 3: He's not embarrassed by the third.
Speaker 4: There's only so many times I can bring that up, Like, did anything weird happen. Okay, did anything else weird happen? Are you sure you didn't bust out a patch of drugs that you confiscated off a teenager and offered to do them with your date in the woods the other day?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I feel like this guy is one of those guys that's been a camp counselor for ten years.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, and it's solely for this reason.
Speaker 4: He gets the yes he he asks to have the bunk with the bad kids.
Speaker 5: He never got his camp counselor name either, it would be too.
Speaker 2: Much of a giveaway mushroom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it didn't work out for him, doesn't mean.
Speaker 2: It can't work out for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just email the show. We'll call that person who is not calling you back. And for our big portfolio of successes, you can find them online where you get your podcasts. Check out the second dates at Brook
Speaker 5: And Jeffrey Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning,