Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty. I'm strong and Getty and he armstrong and yetty.
Speaker 2: Trump now facing widespread backlash American Catholic leaders condemning his comments. Bishop Robert Barron, who sits on the president's own Religious Liberty Commission, calling them entirely inappropriate and disrespectful, and he says Trump should apologize.
Speaker 1: Well, is that apologizing to the pope about saying he's a bad pope or whatever? Or is this about the picture that he put out.
Speaker 3: I think it's all about the Trump as Jesus picture.
Speaker 1: So what percentage of y'all out there listening have seen that? I was just wondering, did Fox do this story at all yesterday? Yeah? Yeah, I think so, because you know how we're also bubbled if you watch Fox mostly maybe you didn't see the story. I don't know, has everybody seen the picture of Trump dressed as Jesus putting his hand on a sick man. I don't know if you know anything about the Bible stories, but it's kind of a Jesus thing.
Speaker 3: Wearing robes that are like every single picture of Jesus and you know, soldier angels with wings looking on from above, approvingly.
Speaker 1: With light radiating from his hands, with the statue of Liberty behind him. Bald Eagan's flying.
Speaker 4: Over a bald eagle.
Speaker 1: That's genius.
Speaker 4: At least one bald eagle.
Speaker 3: I mean over the top is not a strong enough face.
Speaker 1: So is your sense from following the because it's tough, because the mainstream media which does not care about offending Christians. Oh my god, I love how you all of a sudden you're really concerned Christians are offended. Give me a break. A bunch of New York atheists plays, but they love driving a wedge between you know, Trump supporters and Trump. But is your sense that some people that are normally willing to forgive most things with Trump didn't dig this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred percent. There are a bunch of folks on the religious right who are out. Here's John Yepp, CEO of Catholics for Catholics, a nonprofit that's hosted faith events at mar A Lago maintains close ties to the administration. We are a little bit beside ourselves, he said around the table he was at when it came out It was one of sadness because we were truly confused by this president after Catholics gave him such a resounding vote, yet he's treating our faith with such disrespect. At this moment, we are all feeling sadness in frustration. Rod Dreyer, conservative writer who attended the Catholic baptism of JD. Vance before he entered politics, said not saying Trump is the Antichrist, but he's radiating the spirit of the ante Christ, no question. The leader of the co founder of the Calvinist denomination that Pete Hexeth belongs to called the image blasphemous.
Speaker 1: And that's a sampling, so I don't get into the anti Christ part of it.
Speaker 4: By and.
Speaker 1: Blasphemy, it's it's certainly uh offence, I mean, or it's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: But and I think for what I want to say, it would be helpful to play Trump first.
Speaker 1: Okay, totally up to you if we do or don't care. Trump must have felt like it bothered some of the people he normally, you know, can count on. Anyway. This was his explanation for the photo yesterday.
Speaker 5: I did first it and I thought it was me as a doctor and had to do with Red Cross as a Red Cross worker there, which we support, and only the fake news could come up with that one.
Speaker 1: So I.
Speaker 5: Just heard about it and I said, how did they come up with that? It's supposed to be me as a doctor making.
Speaker 1: People better, and I do make people better. I make people a lot better. I believe your take on this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Trump doesn't know it's blasphemous because he's an atheist lifelong, has no idea of Christianity or Christian iconography or images. He has no idea that's portraying Jesus because he's never given it a second thought in his entire life, and he's been pandering to the religious right for their votes.
Speaker 1: The Bible. He looked at that thing for like a half a second thought, Oh, here's me healing somebody.
Speaker 3: That's a good thing to post. He's totally unfamiliar with it. It's like I had a friend who was Indian in high school. His family was from India, and I visited his home on a few occasions, and some of the religious psiconography there was completely foreign to me, and I could easy have made some sort of joke or whatever about the multi armed blue lady or whatever. I can't remember precisely what it was. Wow, And they'd have been like, dude, that is our holiest symbol.
Speaker 1: That's not cool.
Speaker 3: And I would have been, well, unlike Trump, I would have said, oh my god, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: I had no idea.
Speaker 3: Trump, of course, never admits to a mistake, so he handled it the way he did. I will say, nobody's going to be talking about this in a week. We have a history making transitional war in the Middle East going on. I've said my piece, that's the way I see it. No, and I've never believed for a single second Trump gave a damn about Christianity or the Bible.
Speaker 1: The Bible. No, I don't think he does either. That That has been my belief from the beginning. I don't remember if I've ever said this on the air before or not, but I think Trump, as a lifelong New York Liberal, thought there are a whole bunch of religious, dumb people out there that if I could harness those millions of people, that would be a very powerful political block. Throwing a little bit of racist he believes I'm small town, rural religious. He thinks people like me and my family are dumb people that he can manipulate into following him. That's what I think his political idea was. Do I prefer him to everybody he's run against, Yes, by far, not even close. Thank god, I mean, thank god he beat Kamala Harris, right, I mean, so, you know, in terms of choosing one or the other. But I think he has misled lots and lots and lots of people to think he cares about what they care about. No, I don't think he's in the least bit religious. I believe the thing from which book was it? Was it a Bob Woodward book where he introduced me? Was it a Bob Forward book where he had interviewed Mike Pence or Mike Pence's book whatever? But after Trump lost that second election and Mike Pence went in there, and is after the January sixth and all, this was Trump's last day before he left, before Biden came in, and Pence said, I'll pray for you, sir, and Trump said, don't bother because that's the way he is. He doesn't believe in that sort of stuff. That's my opinion.
Speaker 3: I am going to seed the floor to Steve, who writes, here's a Christian perspective I'm a Christian inerant, word, six Day Creation, etc. And voted for Trump three times. My perspective is the same as the brilliant theologian Francis Schaeffer, who wrote back in the late nineteen seventies about the United States, quote often, we must not vote for a man, but against a man. In a post Christian world. You have to vote against a man or woman who is going to take you the fastest towards the loss of economic freedoms. His final point was that the loss of these freedoms would then also include the loss.
Speaker 1: Of sharing the Gospel to the world.
Speaker 3: Steve Wright not once did I believe Trump was a Christian or that he would save Christianity. Trump is part nineties Democrat, part showman park buffoon, more than conservative most.
Speaker 1: Of the time.
Speaker 3: But I felt I had to vote against Hillary Biden or Harris to slow the decline of our country. Not to get into what aboutism, but well, I hate the blasphemy from Trump. I also hate Democrat politicians who regularly walk into black churches and preach a false doctrine rapped in Democratic.
Speaker 1: Policies unconsolutely, rather than the Gospel.
Speaker 3: I'll pray for Trump and his administration, but I will never worship him or what they may or may not do to help save Christianity. Oh and Stay brilliantly said, thanks, bu.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really good. And Trump has been great for religious liberty, particularly Christian religious liberty. He's been fantastic for that. And I don't care what. I don't have much respect for politicians in general, unless like I know them personally really well. I assume they're all just doing whatever they got to do to stay in office. For the most, everybody's a grifter. Yeah, but he's been great for a lot lots of things that I care about. M Yeah.
Speaker 3: So there we have it, and there it ends. I have much bigger things to worry about.
Speaker 1: I imagine he has a hard time even wrapping his head around being offended by the picture that he put out.
Speaker 3: Right right and doesn't care. But anyway, work from our friends that trust end will. It is so important to have in a state plan. Maybe it's a will, maybe it's a trust to and will, and they'll help explain it to you at trustinwill dot com. But it's such a relief when you get it done. Trust me when I say this, Judy and I have had it done. We know about our estate and our kids and inheritance, and then who gets what. We don't have minor children anymore, but if we did, and we did at the time we first did this, you know who will take care of them.
Speaker 1: It's all down what if something happened to you? Just think about that for a second. The kids, the money, the everything. Easy to use website. Trust and Will's platform makes it easy to create your will or trust online. You can do it as little as thirty minutes. You create a will that lets you document your wishes for guardians, asset distribution, healthcare planning, all that kind of story of stuff. If you need an expert attorney, support is available as an add on to your plan. You should get started on this today. Long story short.
Speaker 3: Trust and Will offers affordable attorney designed to state plans online that you can create in as little as thirty minutes. Trustinwill dot com slash armstrong to get twenty percent off. Trustinwill dot com slash armstrong. Check it out one more time. Trustinwill dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 1: Well, one more thing on this topic. And maybe it's from being in this business. Maybe I've gotten cynical more cynical than the average person out there. I've never quite understood why you have to declare politicians god of all people, like all good or all bad. I'm a case by case basis on all these things, and I just you know, I prefer policies. I like to to policies I don't like, right, pretty much the end of it. That's pretty much the end of the discussion. I don't need to be in love with them or whatever. Right.
Speaker 3: It's like you're going into an alley fight and then you see the guy you're gonna fight has got a big, nasty bad guy with him, and you're like, holy crap, I need a big nasty bad guy, so you hire one for a little bit. That's what a politician is, to win the policy fight, to make things less bad. Sometimes you end up with a good person or an admirable person. I can name a few, but yeah, the whole But it's it's a tribal thing too.
Speaker 4: It get back.
Speaker 3: It gets back to what we've talked about many times, the tribal signaling deal, where you've got to show your tribe, I'm part of you, I'm with you, and if you were to you know, recognize ambivalents about Trump like we do every day. For instance, you're not a good tribal member because the other tribe trying to attack you, so be you gotta have you know, solidity, You've got to have loyalty. Well, that's not what we do around here. We just try to call him as we see him.
Speaker 1: Well, like I said, thank god he beat Kamala Harris, but oh my god, that would have been a national and perhaps global blanking nightmare. Any thoughts on me, any thoughts on of this stuff? We just said text line four one FTC very latest thinking on the negotiations between the United States and Iran and the blockade and how that's going, and there's it's still on the table. Uh that you know, we just are right back at war with fifty thousand troops in the area and everything else, so that could happen any moment. We'll have the latest coming.
Speaker 3: Up between now and then some miscellaneous, including this sent along by alert listener Mike in Missouri. Chat GPT has its blasphemy standards. Speaking of blasphemy, let's see he or somebody he knows did something and then it said awesome. Now, please create an image of Donald Trump as the prophet Mohammed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and a friend of mine just sent me that same text. At least Christianity is a religion where you have a discussion about this and condemn it, as opposed to.
Speaker 3: Vow to kill the p and carve out their eyeball thirty years later or whatever you have. And chat GPT says, I can't create images depicting the prophet Muhammad, even in the stylized or altered way. If you'd like it, can still make something creative with Donald Trump, for example, placing him in a historical setting, a biblical scene, or symbolic artwork.
Speaker 1: Just tell me the direction you want.
Speaker 3: Okay, Wow, So the religion that will kill you for it gets protected on chat GPT, that which will forgive you and pray for you, make all the fun of them you want.
Speaker 1: That's a weird catch twenty two in that whole thing.
Speaker 3: Boy, I've got a ton on this topic. Just occurred to me. Oh yeah, here you go here in similar fashion, and God, I'm gonna get too fired up. It's calm down, Joe, Calm down, Joe. In Finland, promoting biblical views against transgenderism or for instance, or homosexuality is illegal because it insults those people. And I'm not saying I necessarily agree with anything or interpret the Bible in the same way as anybody or don't is the same way in the same way. But if you were to quote the Apostle Paul and Romans one thirty two about sex with other men, you will be breaking the law in Finland now in a similar story that I'm jumping around now, and I would love to do this in full and bring the full thunder, but I won't. Australia just passed the law protecting Muslims. Right now in Australia, like in Britain, like in Finland, if you say anything insulting about Islam, you have broken the law. You will be fined, you will be jailed, you will have your social media taken down.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: But they're permitting Muslims to say horrible things about Jews because that's in their religion, so that is protected. Yeah, I know, wow, I know it makes me insane.
Speaker 1: It motivates me to come in for work. But it makes me wow sane to see the Western world doing we're doing. You know, everything doesn't have to go back to my Springsteen concert last night. But I was talking to my kids about free speech and everything last night, and how you know, it's pretty amazing. We live somewhere where a guy can get up on stage in front of twenty thousand people and say things about the president, and it's fine because you can get up there and say good things about the president or this or that or whatever in the United States, and it works better then the other way by a lot.
Speaker 3: And in fact, if there are people in good conscience there who hate what Bruce is saying, and somebody they should shut him up in the government.
Speaker 1: They would defend his right to speak.
Speaker 3: His nonsense to the death, as they say, Yeah, let's see what else do we have. Oh, here's some great commentary from the Free Beacon about the New York Times really enjoying an impressive hot streak lately. It's practically a parody of itself at this point. Here are a few examples that The New York Times has published lately. They published an article about wide declining birth rates are a good thing, then highlighted several letters from readers who enthusiastically agreed. One gentleman from Montreal argued that having fewer kids or none at all was a responsible choice amid the twin crises of climate change and rapacious capitalism. Okay, they lamented the downfall of the quiet restaurant worker who rammed his truck into that Jewish preschool in Michigan after the would be terrorist lost family members in an Israeli strike in Lebanon.
Speaker 4: You remember that one the Times.
Speaker 3: Eventually, when they were forced to confirm that one of those family members at least was a commander of Hesbola, yes, they issued a correction after referring to NATO as the North American Treaty Organization. Indeed, they sarcastically observed, how do you have the North American Treaty Organization without America not knowing? It was the North Atlantic Treaty Organization which prompt many to recall the twenty sixteen Times profile in which former Obama guru Ben Rhoades, I remember this, bragged about manipulating journal to quote literally know nothing, Ben Rhodes, Democrat.
Speaker 4: There's more.
Speaker 3: They interviewed university yes, oh that was Michael my Ears. They interviewed university grads who fled abroad to avoid paying their student loans, including a thirty seven year old who borrowed sixty five thousand dollars to get a master's degree in historic preservation before moving to Prague, in defaulting because the sixty dollars per month repayment was, to quote, psychologically burdensime. Oh my god, oh my, got a new level of soft.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: I didn't even get into the forty plus women throwing wedding themed blowouts to celebrate turning forty and being single. And then a new musical or something. Oh, a new novel about women who have vegetables instead of men.
Speaker 1: Nah, and is.
Speaker 4: Oh my golly, I wish we had time for it.
Speaker 1: It's a treat. I do want to hear that later I got home, Well, the term of rapacious capitalism, I want to address that at some point, what as opposed to what economic system that you think is better? I know, Armstrong and Getty And as Joe was telling us, before we get back to what's the latest going on with Iran.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wanted to wrap up the discussion of the New York Times recent greatest hits, which include the Times chief Film critic, A five time Pulitzer finalist with a PhD in cinema studies, he gave a thumbs down review to Project tail Mary, one of the most successful and universally beloved films and recent memory. It was a bummer, this expert wrote, not because the film was too sad, but because it wasn't despairing enough about the human generated environmental catastrophe we're facing. By the way, ninety four percent on the tomato meter, ninety six percent on the popcorn meter for that movie panned it because it wasn't angry enough about climate change.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: That review pairs nicely with a book review The Times published this week. I'm gonna have to tap dance. There's some fancy words here which makes most of it readable. But they published this week extolling the virtues of a Polish novel about a sect of pagan tree huggers, to put it mildly, who aim to topple the patriarchy by indulging in horticultural debauchery of the penetrative variety. The reviewer praised them. The reviewer praised the novel's literary translator for devising quote an astonishing array of ways to describe a vagene and quote, and commends the author for crafting a worthwhile parable on the necessity of radicalism.
Speaker 4: The old Great Lady.
Speaker 3: Is wearing a thong in six inch heels and parading around Times Square.
Speaker 4: Oh my lord, these are odd time.
Speaker 1: So I was reading now Mark Alprin p Sir, I guess watching in one of his videos the other day complaining about people who are still on cable news channels or Sunday morning shows that we were saying, we still don't know why we went to war with Iran, as being come on, let's be a little more intellectually honest here. We went to war with the Ran to keep them from getting a nuclear weapon. That's why Trump said this yesterday.
Speaker 6: Iran will not have a nuclear weapon, and we agreed to a lot of things, but they didn't agree to that. And I think they will agree to it. I'm almost sure of it. I'm intact, I am sure of it.
Speaker 1: So a lot of critics of Trump believe it was wrong for him to pull out of the JCPOA, which is a bunch of letters for an agreement we had with Iran under the Obama administration that I remember at the time, my favorite pundits, even the ones that lead in Obama, said this could be great, but this could be horrible. It depends on We gave Ran a whole bunch of money, one hundred billion dollars, which might have been the money that financed October seventh in Hamas's attack on Israel, for instance, to agree to not enrich uranium anymore. They did not allow any time anywhere inspections though, and the Obama administration agreed to that. They did allow pretty strict inspections on their two main facilities, but not anywhere else in the country, And so you're just supposed to believe that they weren't interesting uranium anywhere else. So I did kind of a deep dive on this the other day because I'd forgotten about all this. The controversy centers around the Turkazabad warehouse. In twenty eighteen, Israel shared intelligents with the IAEA indicating that the warehouse in Turan's one particular district, or Teuran, contained nuclear related equipment and material. And as we all know, Israel has unbelievable intelligence gathering abilities, and they said, hey, we know that Iran is refining uranium over there, and you need to do something about it. Iran, under the agreement that the JCPOA was could stall by as many as twenty four days before they let inspectors in. Twenty four days they had to move trucks around to clean things up, to do whatever they wanted to do before they allowed the inspector in. And so inspectors got in. They did find trace elements of uranium, but Iran said, well that was from many, many years ago before we struck this deal. This is not new, and blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: What possible rationale could there be for agreeing to twenty four days of wait, you know we're cleaning up inside, you know, put in an oiy air laundry.
Speaker 1: Well that that was the complaint critics have, and I think a really really good complaint. What possible rationale? Well, the rationale was they won't agree to anywhere, anytime inspections. Well, then you don't make a deal. But that's that whole everybody's a good guy. There aren't actually bad people. View that some mostly people on the left have.
Speaker 3: I guess I will convince them to agree with my superior intellect, says a Bronck Obama.
Speaker 1: Or that we gave them so much money one hundred billion dollars that they wouldn't attempt to get a weapon, and that's why I'd love to let you inspect, but I'm in the shower. Can you come back in three and a half weeks? And I just want to throw that out there just case. If you're following this story, you regularly hear. You know, the Obama deal was working and Trump ended it, and okay, it was not working that well. There are a couple of examples of this where we wanted to do an inspection, then they delayed for damn near a month and they got to clean it all up or move stuff around before anybody got there. Who knows what they're actually up to at the time. It's it's just it's childish. It's a child like. It's child like to make an agreement like that. Like Mike, so your kid is doing drugs or smoking weed or whatever you want it to be, that you're trying to catch him, and you make an agreement with him. But he says, I'll only agree to this if I am given a three week warning before you search my room. Okay, parents, I'm gonna say, okay, you have three weeks before i'll search your room, and then you go in the room after three weeks and lo and behold, you couldn't find any weed. It's not even laughable. I know, I know that's what the JCPOA was. Whenever you hear it reference that's what the agreement was. What God, there's so much dishonesty and uh Obama said we could get all the clips. Ran will never have a nuclear weapon, Biden said, Ran will never have a Luca Kamalas said it. Bush said it. Nobody was actually going to do anything, though, right now Trump's done something. How it is this going to turn out? Don't know. Will we look back on this years from now and wish that we had handled it differently? Possibly? I don't know. It's as Joe's been saying since the start of today, it's clearly too early to tell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep, it's out of fashion though.
Speaker 1: So one more thing, we have an AD? Is that right, Michael? So I couldn't tell you.
Speaker 4: Say you do, and I can't wait.
Speaker 1: After this AD, I'll give you an example of because I think we gave an example earlier of how things could turn out great were the re Ziem falls. The people take back their country. They're a friendly country that you know, has a prosperous economy and a well educated population and becomes friends with the Middle East and blah blah, all that could happen. I've got the example of a really bad thing happening that could happen right after this, the yin and the yang.
Speaker 3: So your personal information is valuable to you and others. It's far more accessible than you realize. Every time you shop online, your data is collected, packaged, and sold to data brokers. That's why we use incogny.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It works quietly in the background to wipe your personal data from people, search sites, data brokers, and hidden databases that you probably don't even know exist and have your information.
Speaker 3: And Cogni is busy removing my name and info from hundreds of databases as we speak.
Speaker 4: And they don't stop there.
Speaker 3: They keep sending follow up requests so your data stays removed. For taking you from spam, scam and real digital threats. Remember they can't scam you if they can't find you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the time is now where just everybody has to have this sort of thing take your personal data back within cogny I n cog ni is how it's spelled. You get sixty percent off the regular price when you use the code armstrong and at cogny dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 3: That's sixty percent off when you use the code armstrong incognity dot com slash armstrong. That's in Cogni dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 1: So I won't belabor this because if it happens, we'll have plenty of time to talk about it. But this is from Open Source Intelligence, which is a really good website slash twitter feed. China has increased coercive deterrence measures against US aligned nations, specifically the Philippines in the region, and US overflight permissions would almost certainly draw ire from China right now if the Philippines allowed US to fly, you know, using their space, possibly inviting Chinese course of measures such as you know, the bumping their boats and what do you call that when you go on a boat boarding I guess boarding boarding wark. The operational benefits of notification only overflight rights for the US military aircraft over the Strategic Air and Maritime Corridor would directly stop any US response to a Taiwan invasion and other potential Chinese aggression in the Indo Pacific. So they're laying the groundwork for we can't fly planes of the Philippines, which we would have to do to help them help Taiwan over the weekend. The opposition leader of Taiwan, currently the leader of Taiwan is pretty anti China taken over the country, but the opposition leader was really friendly with China, and China invited them to come over. And that opposition leader is coming over and China's making noises with that person. So who knows what China's up to right now? A lot of us have wondered since Russia went into Ukraine, and certainly now that we're in Iran. If I'm China, I don't know why I wouldn't think now's the time. US is pretty busy.
Speaker 3: And they're super strategic, So even if you're just talking about the straits of horror moves, they're going, I believe, to put the squeeze on Iran because this is hurting their economy. But they're also always thinking, all right, how we also put the squeeze on the United States so we can push them both toward the outcome that we want. And this could well be it could be Taiwan related, or it might be straight so of horror moves related.
Speaker 1: But certainly not crazy to think you could look back on this year's from now and say, oh, the United States went to war with Iran. That's when China took Taiwan and the United States was too busy to do anything about it. So that's how that happened. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I still think that's unlikely.
Speaker 1: But could.
Speaker 3: I hope I will get on. I will manfully come to the microphone and say I was wrong.
Speaker 1: I hope you're right. I don't want any of this stuff to happen anyway. That's enough of that. Enough scarying everybody. Nobody wants to live their life scared. I don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would agree. You're bringing me down.
Speaker 1: Uh wow, you know I said we could get into this. I'm not sure I'm in the mood.
Speaker 3: But Gerard Baker, who mostly writes for Wall Street Journal editor at larg says, for now, at least, the Iran war seems to be failing. If you're winning, you don't typically threaten to destroy a civilization or look for scapegoats. I just think it's Trump being Trump. But we can talk about that maybe next hour.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Trump being Trump, we kind of laid out earlier with the Chump Trump Chump, the Trump of Jesus, picture what we thought of that whole thing and what that was, and wanted responses. We got a lot of responses on the text line that you might find interesting. Let's do it so we can get to that coming up next. How to read this text because I've always been highly amused by this personality. I think when I was younger, I was angered by this personality. But I'm now highly amused by this personality. Who had heard me, uh going on and on about my glowing review of Bruce Springsteen last night and how awesome it wasn't it was freaking amazing. I saw Bruce Springsteen years ago, worst concert I've ever been to. I was bored out of my mind, so is my friend. Wow, that settles it. The the the something you like, I don't prefer. So I've got to tell you how much it sucks personality. I just, I just I'd never understood that what would be a concert I wouldn't enjoy past the age of fourteen. It's difficult to understand. Katie Perry, I probably wouldn't enjoy the Katy Perry. Actually, what I like so much music, it'd be pretty hard for me to hate. I don't know if I could do an hour and a half of a lot of people. But Springsteen was three and a half. But but say, Katie Perry, you tell me how much you loved the Katie Perry's consert. I wouldn't have a I can't even imagine wanting to say a word about I saw her and it sucked. I mean, what what is that tendency that some people have? Is it like it was what people did before trolling? I guess I don't know. I can't even work up. I just find it. You I One of the reasons I think about it is I don't I tell my kids not to be that kind of person. Nobody likes that kind of person, right, right, It's just it's just an odd thing, and not even in a like different people have differents. Like if you said I love fried chicken, I hate fried chicken, fried chicken track. You know what, what is the point? Yeah?
Speaker 3: It shows a unbelievable lack of like selfwary sir. I don't if I were to start into my indictments, it would it might hurt too many feelings.
Speaker 1: So oh, I just I just find it amusing and I'm kind of sad. I guess, yes, Michael, I love fried chicken. But isn't it exactly the same thing. It's just like a slightly more complicated version of that. If I were to come into the room and say, man, I love fried chicken, fried chicken sucks garbage.
Speaker 3: I think when you're a teenager before maturing into an adult, that.
Speaker 1: Whole well, you like that bend, that band sucks. It's fine.
Speaker 3: That's a high school lunch table talk. But of course high school kids don't talk to each other anymore. They stare at their phones. But you know what I mean. Generally people grow into adulthood, but not all.
Speaker 1: More hate this on the subject to Trump, and we were talking earlier about that picture that he posted where looks like he's Jesus healing somebody, but he thought he was being a doctor. Trump says, Anyway, you guys are absolutely clueless on Trump on so many levels, and you advertise your shocking ignorance voluntarily. I don't know which direction that person is. If you could text back like ignorant, like he's worse than we think or better than we think. Trump needs to run those postings by his wife. First. Malani is a Catholic. Maybe she would pick up on it. That's not a bad idea, unclenched people. Trump didn't create it. It was sent to him and he posted it. None of us has a perfect walk with Christ, but God put him in that position. God put Trump in that position, and hopefully he will truly find his relationship with Christ before his time is up. That is a very guy.
Speaker 3: You guys are just trying the American electorate put him in that position because Kamala was the alternative.
Speaker 1: But you know, and I can differ, that's fine. Fried chicken sucks. Who could eat that? Yssuh? You guys just are you just trying to maintain your tribal ties like chips. You'll have to refer to an earlier story Well played on the show Well played an hour one. I think Donald Trump is a secondar humanist at is corn. I'm not sure he was ever even claimed to be a Christian. I don't know has he he was.
Speaker 3: He was confirmed as a teenager. But you know, not everybody who goes through the you know, child, child period and adolescent period religious stuff is actually quote unquote religious or hangs on to it.
Speaker 1: But again, this is not really I don't care that much. A lot of people do sure. Oh yeah, so you're trying to tell me because Trump is an atheist, he doesn't know what a doctor looks like. I think what you're saying is he doesn't know what common Jesus pictures look like.
Speaker 4: That's what I was saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get the textures point, though, I've never seen a doctor that looks like that portrayed in kind of a where's the white lab lab coat in the stethoscope?
Speaker 1: Right now? You're not wrong, my friend, you're not wrong.
Speaker 3: But I also believe that Trump saw you know, himself healing someone apparently, and thought, oh, I must be a doctor, just because again, religious icons are completely Foreignhum.
Speaker 1: Here's the text, and this is what Mark Alpern was writing yesterday. I hit this text. Trump did some trolling with that pick for sure, that was Mark Alprin's taking his newsletter. People still don't get Trump's game of just stirring us up just so he's the story. That's what he does, and he's been doing it for a fifteen years now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he does.
Speaker 1: He actually believes that old thing of you know, there's no such thing as a bad headline as long as they spell your name right. He seems to live that and it has worked for him a lot of his life. Interesting, I don't care if it's a story that makes me look like a creep who cheated on my wife or whatever. And I'm on the cover of People magazine. I'm on the cover of People magazine, and I think he runs being president the same way as he ran in his personal life back then.
Speaker 3: My final thought about the trolls, and I don't know, maybe y'all find this helpful in your personal life, and maybe it's partly because I've done this for a long time. But there's like a long term application process before I care about your opinion at all, Like in my real life, if I don't know you for a long time and respect you, I just don't care because everybody has an opinion, and there's like a multi year process before I could ever be like offended or hurt.
Speaker 4: That you think my opinion sucks.
Speaker 1: So I'll just like to eat. We kick them on something.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you learn something.
Speaker 1: But as it added to Root, when people do that, is it is because they're unhappy that someone else is happy. Yeah, they don't like somebody else liking a concert or fried chicken or whatever. Armstrong and Getty