Speaker 1: Welcome back to Artists on Artists on Artists on Artists. This week on the show, we have another writer's room, and this writer's room is the writers of James Bond movies.
Speaker 2: The name's Bond, James Bond. But who wrote the name in the first place. These writers have been responsible for sixty years of the spy British legacy.
Speaker 3: Based on Ian Fleming's famous books, the James Bond series. So he is the one that wrote the name first. These writers take his work and bring it to the next level to the screen. We've had multiple James Von actors and multiple James Vond writers. Now we're going to see what makes a spy a spy?
Speaker 4: So live twice say tomorrow again and set that view to a kill.
Speaker 5: Let's listen in.
Speaker 2: It's great to see everybody.
Speaker 5: We're always meet in the darker nights sometimes, don't we.
Speaker 6: Light so bright?
Speaker 5: Very very secretive to write James Bond.
Speaker 2: Isn't it very interesting to see the three of you meeting here again?
Speaker 3: Yes, I would say, undoubably it is quite peculiar to meet you under there's certain circumstances.
Speaker 7: Yet again, let's go around and identify lovely.
Speaker 8: Very nice wonderful to get together and share each other's identities. To me, Agent T, I won't give my full name because it is a secret. Yes, we are very secretive, just like mister James Bond himself. We're in charge of his ideas, and so we're also in charge of our own ideas.
Speaker 6: Tell that to the WGA.
Speaker 2: I know your full name, I shan't reveal it.
Speaker 3: Woo, what's relief? Yes, my name is mister Agent T.
Speaker 8: I am a man, I am a certain height, my hair color is brown, and I'm from a state.
Speaker 6: How long have you been in your writers room.
Speaker 8: I've been in the writer's room for forty five years. The first movie I came on to was A View to a Kill. I was the one that made him jump on all those alligators. And I've been here ever since, pitching ideas, making sure that James Bond is always interests interesting and weird.
Speaker 3: And I love the gadgets Tomb of gadget guy.
Speaker 2: You invented the microwave shoe, if I remember.
Speaker 3: Correctly, for James Bond shoe.
Speaker 2: James Bond put a hot pocket in a shoe.
Speaker 8: Ah, James Bond was a submarine and he was very hungry but locally. Q gave him a microwave shoe, so he got to microwave while he was hiding in a duct. He microwaved a hot pocket in the shoe.
Speaker 2: Ah, yes, undubitably, indubitably, indeed, transmission ended interesting. Well, well, well, if it isn't all of you again, my name, or rather one of my names, as I have many aliases, is Butterfingers dupre Butterfingers, and I haves. I have known around the James Bond Writer's Room as a shape shifter. I have arrived in this room under many identities over the past fifty years. Kit Kat Donaldson, Hershey's ass Chair, Supreme.
Speaker 3: See. You think it's all candy, but it's not.
Speaker 2: No, because you never must let them get on your central chocolate chair chocolate chocolate chair. And I'm the janitor at one point, Fingers.
Speaker 8: It's very exciting because you always fall out all of the start paperwork for all of these new identities.
Speaker 2: There's a whole room in the James Bond Writer's Room hall where I keep all of my eye nines.
Speaker 7: And it's good to talk about far as the eye can see. It's a hall, you see, we work in it's it's a hall.
Speaker 5: You've been blacklisted on wrap book.
Speaker 2: They hate me at wrap Book, they hate me on Entertainment Partners dot Com.
Speaker 7: What's what's all sadness? The w GA doesn't know that you're the same person.
Speaker 2: No, No, that's the saddest thing of ally.
Speaker 3: So you're never qualifying for insurance.
Speaker 2: I will never get health insurance because what do I want more? Do I want my health or do I want my privacy? In America, ustitoose, It's an interesting conundrum.
Speaker 3: An interesting point to talk about first episode.
Speaker 2: And I in terms of the writer's room, I do. I do a lot of as I am an alias myself. I write a lot of women's names.
Speaker 7: It's my favorite part of working with you is getting into the bones of how these people in this universe hide right?
Speaker 3: Quite right?
Speaker 2: Yes right, Because it's not just octopussy. It's not just you can't just slap pussy anyway, wear and make it.
Speaker 6: We're used to. We're used to before they brought you in.
Speaker 2: No. Now, there are many new bond women you may meet over the course of many years, and their names are things like Titty Captain, Supreme Captain, Honker's iPad, I love Honker's iPad lipstick teeth.
Speaker 5: I love butthole intelligent.
Speaker 2: Aerola Montgomery Tatar for now that.
Speaker 6: I had to do.
Speaker 7: I had to make up for the iPad one. Ha ha Hellu, I am Louise Quinn. Whoops, I said my name.
Speaker 2: Oh you revealed yourself. We're in a secure location, are we not?
Speaker 3: Are we not?
Speaker 2: Are we not?
Speaker 6: Any who? That's not my name, good cover. My name is the Sniper. Yes, cut that part out. I am the Sniper.
Speaker 7: I am the oldest one, I'd say here, and I've always been since the since the beginning of the franchise, I have been the writer's assistant. All of those writers died and have gone, and I'm still the writer's assistant.
Speaker 6: And one day I'll get up there.
Speaker 3: It's amazing what you do in the writer's room in terms of bringing us coffee and writing our ideas down when we have them. It's just beautiful what you do.
Speaker 7: I think I like to assist, and of sure, one day I do want to go up the ranks. But I do love just being an old man assistant. You don't see a lot of them anymore, and it makes you think what's going on?
Speaker 2: Yes, and I will say your packet. I'm going to get around to reading it very soon. I swear any minute now, I will read your packet, and as soon as I do, I'm sure we will be able to move you up.
Speaker 3: You submitted those five James Bond sketches.
Speaker 7: And I did them on paper because back in the day, and then you guys, it's been now so long.
Speaker 6: So now I did put them on drop books.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you for putting them on drop box. As soon as I find the link, I will read. Yes, it's it's it's five James Bond sketches.
Speaker 7: Topical day, James Bond commercial.
Speaker 2: Yes, so James Bond commercial. And then I believe there's also some James Bond monologue jokes as well.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's so, it's just lines.
Speaker 7: So the monologue jokes for James Bond, I just lines, he says when he walks into a real do a couple of really is some from my packet. Seems like I missed the orders.
Speaker 2: Beauty really good.
Speaker 6: Oh I didn't get to the black time anymore.
Speaker 3: Oh it's really well, that's really good open because it was always in that's issue. I was going to jump in here. Maybe you're you're stepping on my toes a little bit. You know. I my name is sir Ian Donna Tello.
Speaker 6: Don't say your name the four, the four, the.
Speaker 3: Second, or the first, or not to my name at all. Junior would be the second, just to clarify that.
Speaker 6: Thanks.
Speaker 3: And I do a lot of the dialogue for James Bond and the women in the movies, and I just you know, I find it fascinating that you would say, you know that James Bond would have missed the Black Time memoi.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, No.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, please please. It is quite all right, you know, it's very fine. I would say it's very quite, you know. But for me, for James, he's a man of very few words. When he comes in and says charmed, delicious, amazing, When he comes in and says, well, now, what do we have here?
Speaker 5: I love when he does what will we have?
Speaker 3: Especially when it's a woman laid out? Yes, I have here when a woman is laid out in the bed, sometimes I like to quite peculiar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've been very helpful to all of us no writers, in that you have created a James Bond style guide. Things he would say, things he.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't usually need to go up or down.
Speaker 7: And that's why you are such an asset in the room in the hallway.
Speaker 2: Here's an asset.
Speaker 6: I'm playing my mouth in your mouth mouth.
Speaker 2: That's right. We don't have our orchestra here today. We usually write accompanied to orchestra.
Speaker 3: The halloway is one room for your I nines main writers room, and then right across the hallway we like to keep the door open. That's where the orchestra.
Speaker 8: And there across from the mysterious commentsary that is full of popjeps.
Speaker 2: It's the comary. They have pop chips, dirty martinis and no water, no.
Speaker 6: Water gin and skinny pop.
Speaker 3: Kettle of nice, nice dirty martinis, a dirty martin.
Speaker 2: Well, I heard you were the original writer because I was there, of the one who of the one who created the iconic phrase shaken not stir.
Speaker 3: Thank you. It's you know, it took a long time to figure out that scene, and we kind of landed on you know, what would this man drink? What would this peculiar little minx have for drinks at the bar?
Speaker 2: That's an interesting question. Didn't you try many other There were lots of other drafts for Shaken not stood I really won.
Speaker 3: I was hot. Yes, dirty Martini hot didn't work. It made him kind of disgusting immediately.
Speaker 7: There was one where we tried to put him more on this in the South and we said dirty Martini, drop a piece of I p A.
Speaker 3: In it, which which was very confusing for a British audience that early.
Speaker 8: I like the one where we tried to make him like he was kind of in a rush Martini throw it in a to go coffee.
Speaker 3: It didn't make sense because he was arrived.
Speaker 8: It's one of those things where you get so into a script and you're in the middle of something and you forget.
Speaker 3: What had just happened. You're punching it up so much because you're.
Speaker 2: Just trying old after all, dirty Martini over eyes half a shot of skim milk as well.
Speaker 3: Which is disgusting. All the juice and skim milk, all the.
Speaker 7: Branded ones, the branded ones. Oh yes, shaken, we were pitching off them. They never went but shaking not stood. Add some liquid ivy grapefruit.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was very interesting New Age.
Speaker 5: Remember, we tried to make that his Saved the Cat moment too.
Speaker 8: Tried to make it because save the Cat if you read the book. It's it's a little moment where somebody does something nice. So you like the characters. So we had one that said Martini, make it for yourself and drink it. She's like, oh, he bought the bar very straight, so what's he drinking. I loved clean Martini. Light on the alcohol. My tummy is upset. It was so close to all of you are saying dirty Martini. Why are you saying that?
Speaker 3: Doesn't say dirty Martin.
Speaker 2: I'm on this, I am pumping on this and I hate to get I hate to go there. I hate to get into this again. Dirty he would want it dirty.
Speaker 8: You wouldn't want to do It's not sexy to ask for a dirty Martini.
Speaker 3: She's not sexy. That's why we're confusing across drigs a little bit. So we love sex, and.
Speaker 2: That's why there is a real Bond villain named mister Big. Yes, mister Big is a Bond villain and he is also in Sex and the City and a little Hollywood fun fact. They're the same man.
Speaker 3: They're the same man, not played by the same age.
Speaker 7: It's what's important to bring up is that each we have to watch women in other shows because I think We've heard a lot of the years that the Bond women are just kind of figures of an imagination or they move like.
Speaker 6: Like they move as muses and not women.
Speaker 7: So at lunch with some pop chips in Martini, we put on Chicks in the City and we.
Speaker 6: Just started and just like that, the yes and just like that.
Speaker 2: The finale was so funny, how they were all pooping like that.
Speaker 6: I love shade the well.
Speaker 8: We should get into exactly what it is we do and how we create the movies, because obviously what writers usually attached to the movie, but below that there's a secret society of screenwriters who are in charge of the legacy of Double O seven, who.
Speaker 7: Roam the hallways up and down, up and down, up and down.
Speaker 2: We roam the hallways making sure James Bond's legacy remains intact.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 8: So a typical day, as we start at noon, we show up, we kind of talk.
Speaker 5: The talking is important.
Speaker 2: I think the catching up it's important forty five to fifty five minutes of catch up before you start the day.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I believe it's, you know, very important to clear up the brain from the day before and love somewhere new, catch.
Speaker 5: Up and somebody pulls up Google News on the screen.
Speaker 3: Google News. We'll look at googlees.
Speaker 7: And for some reason, the computers we've been using in the in the hallway office are set to bing.
Speaker 6: Yes, we have to go to Google News.
Speaker 3: And also the zoom we've someone has messed with the computer where everything is zoomed in too far. It's all zoomed in.
Speaker 6: It's all.
Speaker 2: I go on to the Chrome window and I click reset, reset the little magnifying glass like clickerset. It doesn't do it.
Speaker 3: Somebody put what's it called? Honey?
Speaker 5: Somebody put that honey.
Speaker 3: Plug, Oh, terrible plug. And like we go to a Reuter's article.
Speaker 5: It says you could save twenty dollars on this.
Speaker 3: You can barely see the word Router's coming by the honey pop up.
Speaker 2: I hate the honey pop.
Speaker 6: This is the one computer we have, yes, we all.
Speaker 2: This is how the writer's room works. We all crouch around one computer.
Speaker 8: I also am afraid that we might have spoiled the next film for towel's name.
Speaker 9: Oh honey, honey.
Speaker 10: Pop h Why should I do a warm up and listen?
Speaker 2: More famed fan Fortale names.
Speaker 7: These are some of the fan Fortale names in the Bond movies that have never been green lit.
Speaker 2: But o're good, but we're yes, but we're there. We're shortlisting them for our next film. Yes, leg Ahead, lipp of, Titty, Fanny Go Go, Hips Are Bottom, Bottom, Suck Mackenzie.
Speaker 11: Our Shadow, blow Job, thighs Mackenzie, lips, Sarah Kiss, belly button Mackenzie.
Speaker 2: Fishnet head, Golder, Pussy Silver, titty.
Speaker 3: Head Mackenzie, Sloan, Vagina, Sarah Donovan.
Speaker 2: Cova, Saint Clair, Clit, Bob Sponge, Clit, Bob pants.
Speaker 3: Labia, Gator, Binsburg, Jonas Brother, Boobies, Charlotte, Harlotte.
Speaker 2: Labyama, Norah, Nora, Norah Jones, and.
Speaker 3: Let's just talk about lad.
Speaker 6: And we're getting We're trying to get Nora trying.
Speaker 8: Yes, Nora, Norah Jones, James Bunson, kind of kind of an oxymora, kind of.
Speaker 6: This wedding she doesn't Yeah, just came away with me in the night.
Speaker 3: A bit of a mash up, a bit of a messy mash Well.
Speaker 2: We've brought up now James Bond songs and that is a part of what we do. We do work with musicians to devise the James Bond song. It sort of dictates the tone of the movie that we're going for. And to find a good James Bond song singer, I don't know if you would agree. I believe that it has to be someone a little spooky, you know.
Speaker 6: Like a little just a little.
Speaker 8: Blurred on the well, someone is a bit of an edge. Usually you know, someone like Lady Gaga who has done one. Of course, Billie Eilish, Yes, and Deranduran from View to a Kill, the first one that I was in.
Speaker 2: That's a good one.
Speaker 6: You need to have a sinner.
Speaker 7: Yes, It's like it's just like how Taylor Swift is perfect for a Toy Story movie because that's a bright, happy song.
Speaker 6: We need a song that roams through the hallways.
Speaker 8: We're actually in charge of listening to all the submissions.
Speaker 5: They submit wildly and it's open all the time.
Speaker 3: Most recently, did you like that one? I don't know if I like that.
Speaker 12: Get Up and kill him, Get up and kill him, Get get get get up.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 7: I thought I thought Kesha's was close, but not, you know it, Grab your gun and walk into the realm.
Speaker 3: Just like that song. This year listen, I like that one.
Speaker 13: I liked it it's time we're there going.
Speaker 3: Back to London.
Speaker 2: Because when I wake up in the night, oh that is that lie. We're not coming back to London.
Speaker 7: She cannot my titties are she can not stir.
Speaker 3: And it's just it was tough for me to picture opening sequence with my titties are shaken, not stir.
Speaker 2: But I liked it.
Speaker 6: What was the SpongeBob girl we mentioned?
Speaker 2: Oh, sponge clit pants, sponge clit bob pants. Oh no, but there is I spices.
Speaker 3: Well, sponge slip bob pants. Yes, let's talk about sponge clitob missed because we want to focus on sponge.
Speaker 2: Clit bob pants.
Speaker 14: Lives under the sea and she can't slip from the water in a bikini.
Speaker 2: In a bikini, hot bikini, hot bikini.
Speaker 7: And I like the not to SpongeBob where she's got a little bit of board short.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and we are.
Speaker 8: Yes going out to that woman from off campus who wore that top. We don't know her name, but we saw her in the top and punch she'd be great.
Speaker 3: You guys know that top. I know that.
Speaker 2: I don't think I know seven year old man.
Speaker 3: You're in the room.
Speaker 2: I love ya, and I watch it all and I know the.
Speaker 3: Top, Yes, check out the top. I'll pull it up on a thing. It's gonna be fun. It's going to be.
Speaker 2: Moaded.
Speaker 3: Guarantee. We never see her. We're just stuck in the background of whatever that photo is.
Speaker 7: No, but we have other other submissions from Chate McCrae. Had I love Yes, Casey Muskraves just wasn't the brand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was going to catch it.
Speaker 15: Branish cownboy, my British count boy, Come on over, Come on over, British conboy.
Speaker 3: We almost went with justin Timberlake. That was very interesting. You gotta beat James bun.
Speaker 6: Really all that's crazy.
Speaker 2: There was no where there was that Dolly parton one. I thought it was quite charming that when will you wake up and you're James Bond and then you're gonna go to bed, wake up and James Bond and then you do it all again.
Speaker 12: Our problem was our problem was didn't talk anything about what she says goes to bed.
Speaker 2: It could be anybody.
Speaker 7: I still think Dolly sent us an Ai Shong. I don't think she. I think Dolly's people made an age.
Speaker 3: We got it from Dolly at a I dot a.
Speaker 6: I think it's an Ai shong.
Speaker 16: Oh.
Speaker 2: I hope she's not using her.
Speaker 6: I think shame. I love Ben Platt's song, and.
Speaker 17: I still think.
Speaker 3: Lots of rips.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well there's there's a lin Manuel Miranda.
Speaker 3: I was just going to say.
Speaker 13: That the first next line, how does an agent British guy of the Queen and the M fifteen in the eye of James villain?
Speaker 3: I am an agent.
Speaker 7: So my songs, you made fun of me for making them, just apparently of the other songs, and that's what she.
Speaker 3: Make fun of you. I made fun of Kesha. I think. I think he's always just saying the song.
Speaker 6: I didn't make fun of you. I made fun of Kesha.
Speaker 2: In this room, we don't punch down. We only punch up or at kesh oh.
Speaker 3: We kick shoot oh, we shoot up. In this room. If we're shooting up, it's shooting up some sort of villain.
Speaker 7: Drugs, steady pop, cheeps.
Speaker 6: I just have fun at the end of the week.
Speaker 7: You put as at the end of the and shoot it.
Speaker 8: Do you guys remember when I put all the chips in a bowl of gin and a Marco for forty five minutes.
Speaker 7: That smelled crazy and what came out looked like one of those easterless candies, a peep.
Speaker 5: Yes, And that was the inspiration for renovating the kitchen.
Speaker 3: Nothing to do with James Vond. We needed to renovate the kitchen after that smell.
Speaker 6: So let's talk about a man with a gun.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about a man with a gun. The man, the man with a gun.
Speaker 8: How do you come up with new adventures for James Bond after so many like what.
Speaker 2: Do you get the man for Christmas? Who has already had it all? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 8: Yes, we literally have a goal a globe in our office with a pin where every country James one has been.
Speaker 18: Yes, it looks like a like a like a pin factory.
Speaker 2: It's sort of like a pin.
Speaker 3: Looks exactly like a pin, look like a pin factory.
Speaker 7: But I think it's also because of the microwave. When it exploded, I.
Speaker 3: Put the globe in the microwave.
Speaker 2: Microwave.
Speaker 3: Can't get his hands off of a microwave. I'm thinking now, I think the only contribution you've given to any James Bond is the microwave shoe. I did wave.
Speaker 2: If you say you're across gadgets, but I think most of your pitches are kind of you're reworking the microwave into different parts of clothing.
Speaker 8: Well, hold on a minute, because the problem is we cannot describe our contributions as what's gotten to screen. Okay, it's the only thing I've ever pitched microwave shoe that's gotten to screen.
Speaker 5: That's correct, that's good, that's a good place.
Speaker 8: Doesn't mean I haven't been the initial idea for something that has become big. I had one the microwave watch, and then ten years later there was a smartwatch kind of thing with a detonator watch.
Speaker 19: So I think that is what is the difference between a microwave and a detonator watch. A detonator bomb is basically an outside microwave and least everything up around it.
Speaker 6: This conversation always gets to this. It's always ends.
Speaker 3: You say microwave, you say an item, and then if anything is used with that item, you claim it as your I will say, I mean, you said microwave gun, and now every gun that we use you claim that you came up well, because what is.
Speaker 20: A gun if not microwave that shoots it directly heat to your buddy or something.
Speaker 2: I think it's a bullet might what it is with our accents?
Speaker 3: These are going all around.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. I believe it's due to the way that sort of you know how there's international school accent. Are you aware of this? Yes, where people are international school accent.
Speaker 3: Let's finally talk about it.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about international school accent. I believe there's another version in the UK where they take someone from every single part of the UK and they put him in a school in the exact center of the island and then everyone sort of adjust.
Speaker 3: He went to school. Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 2: Yes, I went to school at Saints Center Center.
Speaker 3: By the way, I'm a devout Catholic and I've got to say my favorite saint to Saint Center.
Speaker 2: Saint Center was so good. He gave so much bread to those pigeons.
Speaker 6: Politically, politically right out in the middle.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, it's controversial.
Speaker 5: He drove all those rats out of London.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 7: Speaking of religion, do you ever think there's a there's a world in which a Bond could be a Christian?
Speaker 5: That's better not be he isn't he's Christian?
Speaker 3: Isn't he? You should know he has to be Christian.
Speaker 2: I always saw the fellow as Buddhist.
Speaker 3: He's not Buddhist, He's not I does not Buddhism. James Bond could be bouts.
Speaker 2: If James Bond isn't a Buddhist, how on earth does he deal with the mental load of dealing with all these villages Christian Christian that is not with prayer. No, he's not.
Speaker 7: A Buddhist, he's not a bis and he's not Christian, then he's not Jewish.
Speaker 2: If he's agnostic, I eat my hat. He's not a Gnostic Christian.
Speaker 3: I saw him as a Sunni Muslim.
Speaker 2: This is interesting. Maybe we can roll back.
Speaker 3: You never see him when it's called to prayer. He's always missing his nap.
Speaker 2: And what's he doing on christ mis Day? Have we ever seen that?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: He's not there because he's busy meditating, because he's a Bodhist. He's not bedet. You are being a baby, baby a baby about this? It is I need you to grow up. The music's Christian. It's a confessional. Should we talk about the plot of the latest James Bond This.
Speaker 3: Is very interesting because unfortunately we were excluded from the last three Bond movies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, folks, Yeah, let's be honest about this. There is a clique in the writer's.
Speaker 3: Room, a traditional James Bond, one who is smart, smarmy, put together and polish. Nothing like the rugged, no pained, sad.
Speaker 2: Like ash therapy Bond.
Speaker 7: I don't know where in our world that they decided to make the male protagonist scruffy, confused and forgiving.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. And also, my James Bond does not have traps?
Speaker 8: What was that with this, Daniel Craig, what's going on on your lick?
Speaker 3: My James Bond is not shaved head and drinking a heinekin of for God's sake.
Speaker 15: No, not to be fair, I wanted to be in the writer's rooms, but I do think I do think Daniel Craig told us that we couldn't because he came to that Christmas party we through and we tried to take his clothes off.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think that's there.
Speaker 7: Is What should we do we have every time we meet the new Bond, we like to pants him like it's middle school.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, And even though he's the most secret spy in the world, he can't get past the writers.
Speaker 2: It's sort of a hazing. It's sort of remember who your duddy is.
Speaker 7: Remember and your daddy is buds exactly.
Speaker 3: The word makes you all change your access so quickly.
Speaker 2: What was talking about to do? The response that we're cooking in the search.
Speaker 3: We're on the search, the talent, talent is in.
Speaker 2: And we are looking at I don't want to spoil any deals that are already in motion, but let's spoil some shower we are talking to. We are talking to Pedro Pascal.
Speaker 3: American Bond.
Speaker 2: He would be the first American bond.
Speaker 8: He would be talking to Josh your corner, that little mousey boy.
Speaker 7: One of my favorites since we're talking to is a Jonathan Bailey. A gay bond, gay bond.
Speaker 14: Can you imagine you a new world, the things we could do with gay bond, Well, with a gay bond. You don't get a bond, girl, do you? You get a bond boy?
Speaker 5: A bond?
Speaker 2: Bottle Penis make.
Speaker 12: Golden Fly, the first, the first gay man film. For towels, Yes, Ah Balls, Magee Balls McGhee, Delicious.
Speaker 2: Jeez, Royalie, Jeez, Jesus.
Speaker 3: Ah chest Hair, dupre Come, Canter, dick Cock.
Speaker 2: Five o'clock, Shuder Long Shonderland five a clock Shadow.
Speaker 3: I got that part. That's the part shonderaland was the part I had a question.
Speaker 12: That's just for fun long to do Adam Apple, Oh, that's very good.
Speaker 2: That's very good member gold member gold members Son.
Speaker 3: True, but that's actually Austin Powers character. That's true.
Speaker 2: To each other. Lube larentis male nipple Napoli.
Speaker 3: Male nipple nap He's Italian taint pube that we could do for both.
Speaker 21: Non binary bond, for the town Prostatia underwater.
Speaker 3: It's always the last name with you that it's you know.
Speaker 5: So many other potential bonds.
Speaker 3: It's very exciting.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's very exciting.
Speaker 3: But when we're looking for a Bond, I mean we really are also looking for a villain who because every Bond movie has a distinct iconic villain. Who are some of your favorite villains from the Bond movie?
Speaker 2: You want me to go? Should we all go at the same time?
Speaker 3: Love Doctor No. I thought he was Freddie Mercury. Freddie Mercury.
Speaker 6: Mercury played an antagonist.
Speaker 2: About I have to run away. You've ever gone. I'll get on a bicycle. Bicycle, fat bottom girl.
Speaker 7: That's just James Bond anyway.
Speaker 6: But antagonists the antagonists need to be good sometimes. Can I be honest? Can I be Missy for a second? Yes, I watched these Marvel movies and I go, I do.
Speaker 7: All these villains have all these weird colors and weird animals.
Speaker 6: Just give the man a bow tie and an ugly expression.
Speaker 3: That's all you need for an Joe gold teeth like jars, make it big and tall? Why does know? But do you have scars anymore? I mean, what are we thinking?
Speaker 6: All these antagonists need to be so animated?
Speaker 8: Also, I mean everybody here has written an iconic James von Villain monologue, Yes.
Speaker 5: Where he's tied up and like a wellness to Von. They also talk too long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a classic thing.
Speaker 8: James von Villain's always talked too long and then end up getting killed because they basically should have been killing James Bond while they were talking to you.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's it's kind of the I Want song of the antagonist that we do because it's it's the moment where we get to really see Bond get red for filth.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, this is a here we'll all do our or I Want songs, our Bond villain monogues. This is a mine from the upcoming movie that we are still working on. From the villain Casino double pants. Wow wow, whoa mister Bond. Funny you find yourself here at my black jack table. But the only thing you'll be jacking is a sentence in prison. I'm going to lock you up. Care to bet it all? Or are you too afraid? They always fold eventually, God's.
Speaker 3: Beautiful monologue. I guess when it's on paper and it's super zoomed in it, it looks better than its sound. You said the only thing you'll be jacking, which made me feel a little masturbatory. And then you said he is a jail so he's cop. But I love it.
Speaker 2: Ja, So here's sort of it. He said, no, you don't. This is what you don't understand about this character. He's a casino boss, but he's in bed with the police. He's got the whole town in his finger tips.
Speaker 3: I know he's a casino boss. His name is Casino.
Speaker 2: Well, my favorite thing.
Speaker 7: About these antagonists is it we pick one thing and that's it, right, Casino like a male boy antagonist was one, O, Yes, I love you have to do.
Speaker 6: It always starts with her well.
Speaker 2: Well, well, well, mister Brown.
Speaker 6: Sorry, im assistant, this is probably gonna be dogshit.
Speaker 5: It was good before he took it out immediately.
Speaker 7: Well, well, well, mister Bond, you find yourself in a pile of postcards and blood on your face a return to sender.
Speaker 6: I think not.
Speaker 7: Post office doesn't have a lot of money these days, but I do because I have been stealing from your Bond, you stupid pussy. I have you all in order of po box attack. Yes, I'll stick you in a box ship you right away. How dare you think I couldn't find your address as I drive a car with no doors a mail truck with a bomb.
Speaker 3: In the back. That's male, boy, he drives a mail truck with a bomb in the back. It's very you know.
Speaker 7: That was beautiful, like a natural lull to the empisodes.
Speaker 3: I was many comments about it.
Speaker 5: Yes, we were taking it in.
Speaker 3: Crime was to steal from James Bond, and then he was going to send him back to his own address.
Speaker 2: I like the term peo box attack.
Speaker 8: I like how clear it was that he drove a mail truck and he described to what a mail truck is kind of like where there's no doors on the side.
Speaker 3: But I and I also liked how unclear everything else?
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, well what about your.
Speaker 8: Well, obviously a Bond villain has some giant objective that Bond is trying to stop, you know, to take over the world. So my Bond villain, one of my favorite ones that never got through, was the mysterious whiskers Light, who was trying to turn it into a world where cats could be used as informational gathering devices. So he was putting chips into cats, and cats were scanning memories and they were basically turning all cats into robots.
Speaker 3: Yes, and he was kind of are you sure this wasn't a black mir draft?
Speaker 5: Oh, this was real, This was real.
Speaker 3: This happened.
Speaker 6: It's the British dog.
Speaker 3: Yes, the cats and the British dog. And the dog is the American dog Joey.
Speaker 8: He's very interesting, very flamboyant. We used to rid a lot of flamboyant Von villains.
Speaker 2: They don't let you be flamboyant.
Speaker 6: You can't be bad and a flamboyant.
Speaker 2: You're either happy or flamboyant or bad and bad.
Speaker 20: Well, Well, well, mister Bone, it turns out it looks like you're going to be buried with the kids.
Speaker 2: Nitter. Oh my goodness, mister bone.
Speaker 16: I was trying my hardness not to kill you, scratch you up, scratch post, but it turns out out it's time for you to go take a lots of cat nap in again.
Speaker 20: First, about a little kissy. Why won't you kiss me, mister Bond? Why won't you kiss me? Why won't you touch me? Mister Bond? Why won't you let me hold you? Mister Bond?
Speaker 2: Mister Bond, what's wrong with me? Mister Bond? Kiss me? Kiss me?
Speaker 3: You know, I see why we took took out clamboyancy.
Speaker 2: We couldn't write it.
Speaker 5: We just couldn't.
Speaker 6: And it's just like you can't really, you can't get scared of pick me like that.
Speaker 2: It's me. It's the scariest thing about this villain's.
Speaker 6: It's so horrifying, but you can't really add anything on to that.
Speaker 3: It's funny. I love his purple suit.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I like that he became cat like while here's millions and cats as well, exposed ankles.
Speaker 3: I love that beautiful. Well, my, you know one of my favorites was you know it was Professor Dark Oh?
Speaker 6: Yes, the school system.
Speaker 3: The school system, yes, how corrupt. He was taking data to switch out nuclear submarines so they would fire at each other, start a global war, and he would control the world in the chaos of it all.
Speaker 6: Let the monologue explain it.
Speaker 2: It's in the writing.
Speaker 3: Well, well, well, misterbun, looks like you've met your end of paper. Yes, the term limit is up and your writing is overdue because you can't stop what's going to happen next. Every deep nuclear sub we're large their nuclear warhead the exact same time, causing a worldwide kiss check attached to me. And there's nothing you nor anyone can stop to stop this. So let me make myself clear. It's over. You get an f goodbye.
Speaker 2: Can I be honest? I found it difficult to focus because it sounded really similar to the guy who does the voices on Love Island.
Speaker 7: Sterling did Jack Sparrow and they did a collap But it was a beautiful monologue, and I just wish I think the school system was hard to put bond in because it's just like full of red tape.
Speaker 2: Well, I believe they were trying to go off of the TikTok trend of dark academia. Yes, we're trying to tap into this sort of you know this dark academia.
Speaker 3: I understand this as much as that earlier thing you were talking about voice.
Speaker 2: No, my thing, it's not an amusing thing.
Speaker 3: I said, what is dark academia?
Speaker 2: Dark academia is a really fun trend.
Speaker 3: Now this has got my interest.
Speaker 2: No academia is sort of what if school felt like God, what if school were let low with big books and plan and winter the uniforms?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was disgusting, Like, you can put him in microway right.
Speaker 5: Maybe you can put the tie in a microwave.
Speaker 3: Imagine what would happened?
Speaker 6: I said that, and I shouldn't have done it.
Speaker 3: I'm king.
Speaker 2: I would just simply get a little warmer alert Alert emergency Alert. There's a Patreon you need to subscribe to.
Speaker 3: Hold on pause the episode.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, how fun would it be to just hang out with us, like maybe at weird times of the day like seven am or eleven thirty pm.
Speaker 2: Little peek behind the Curtain. This episode was recorded between nine to five, But if you want to see what we're like after hours, you got to join the patreon.
Speaker 1: Well recap episodes and then also we'll do weird stuff like bully Jeremy.
Speaker 2: We bully Jeremy. We make him do twelve weeks of dancing in a row. We made Patrick write an entire screenplay in one day, and we're doing an Oscars draft. So come on bye, it's three bucks. See you there, byefore we go? Can we do a.
Speaker 6: Couple more shaken not stags?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yes, James Bond entrance line.
Speaker 3: Yes, let's right on draft. It's our favorite James Bond dialogue we have recently written.
Speaker 8: And I want to say before we go, we did not talk about the flood of the next Dames.
Speaker 3: You're just gonna have to see.
Speaker 7: You're not gonna get from us, And maybe that's the most informational pot of this totally of you.
Speaker 2: It's that we don't have the plot unless we have the bond.
Speaker 3: Get us the Bond, the Bond, Amazon, get us the boat. By the way, we did want to just say really quickly, we do. Order to get into it.
Speaker 8: Amazon is trying to kind of fuck with the gadgets, and it's been really difficult.
Speaker 3: It's like like Q and the Newest movie. Hey, here's the gadget you need to use. It's a cab cob Co three set dresser.
Speaker 2: Yes, sixteen exactly. Yeah, I know. One of the gadgets is you have to say hey, you LEXA to operate it.
Speaker 6: Yes, or when Bond, we were trying that thing out.
Speaker 7: When Bond orders the two day delivery of a gun and he's checking Amazon dot com to see how close this gun is, and then he finds the truck. He runs into the truck, grabs it, kills.
Speaker 2: The driver, and two days is supposed to be fast for Bond. Anyway, anyway, let's do another round of shaken, not through, come on, and just one to say goodbye.
Speaker 3: Yes, let's do that. And also, you know any famous James Bond signature lines that you will try now, sifne.
Speaker 6: Just the last line to say good night?
Speaker 5: Turns out I'm James Vond.
Speaker 2: Well, well, well, looks like the bed overturned a lady.
Speaker 7: Look at that view, and I don't mean pussy Galore's body.
Speaker 3: I guess these diamonds will need to go somewhere.
Speaker 14: Colin made this thing's a mess, Bartender, give me a secret over ice.
Speaker 8: Turns out the only legs I'm spreading are the legs of truth.
Speaker 7: Bartender, get me a martini. Make it Mike's way.
Speaker 2: With the olive oil and olive old vinegar and a big pilot letters.
Speaker 3: No, mister President, I don't need my bail because I've met my donner dinner bond. Well, well, well, that's always well.
Speaker 2: Well, well, looks like I've once again found myself unprotected in the penis.
Speaker 5: That is, God save the Queen, and God save a.
Speaker 3: Kiss for me.
Speaker 2: Keep calm and carry a gun.
Speaker 6: Oh two ladies, double o boobies, it's me double oh seven.
Speaker 3: Looks like my big ben tonight is meeting the London eye.
Speaker 8: The only world you're gonna blow up is your parents' worlds when they get a call that you've been killed.
Speaker 6: I'm driving on the other side of the road, and so is my dick.
Speaker 3: Your parents are going to be so devastated when they hear the news that you've been killed.
Speaker 2: I guess they called me triple O seven now for I see three women before me.
Speaker 8: Well, doctor, no, before you die, give me the phone number of your parents.
Speaker 6: Hello, ring, Ring, it's me.
Speaker 7: You're crying mother because she just found out you're dead in a ditch and I'm having sex with pussy Glore.
Speaker 2: Hello Hello, oh Jamie, please pick up Oh, they're saying, you're gone, Jamie. Hello, Todd, to get in here, blessing, Jamie's gone.
Speaker 3: And I hung up and gave them no answer. They'll be haunted about that call for the rest of their life.
Speaker 7: Well look at that. It's two parents walking on the road crying. Guess whose parents they are? Your dead body's parent?
Speaker 3: Ha ha. It's funny how your grandfather will cry at your funeral, hoping that you would bury him and he not you.
Speaker 8: I wasn't planning on speaking at Moneypenny's funeral, but here I am. It's nice to see his family here. I do him in a way.
Speaker 7: Well, well, well, there's a woman going through menopause. It's your grieving mother.
Speaker 3: Your death made her enter menopause fifteen years earlier than she was supposed to, and.
Speaker 6: I'm not getting an inch close to her.
Speaker 2: Hello. Sorry, hello, Chase Bank. I'm trying to access an account. No, I'm not the account holder. I'm the account holder's parent.
Speaker 3: What a mister parent? He used to see you didn't give them access and.
Speaker 7: Write honey, I can't fly in our soun's apple id. How will we get into his petswort?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Shoot, we gotta get his past.
Speaker 3: Worse than anything, they won't be able to log into the Paramount plus account that you have for them, any.
Speaker 6: You foolish, dead idiots.
Speaker 21: I'm trying to watch the new Taylor Sheridan show, but I can't seem to access the account. What was the name of his pet again? Sorryffy Juffy Duffy? Oh shoot, I can't remember.
Speaker 3: Sorry, money Penny.
Speaker 5: Your mother will never watch Paramount Plus again.
Speaker 2: No, I haven't seen what happened in Yellowstone. I'm three seasons by.
Speaker 7: Your mother can't join a conversation about Yellowstone. Meanwhile, I'm having sex on a beach and fucking a woman. Sex on a beach is a drink.
Speaker 3: Yes, those are some of the fans signature sign of lines of James Bond right before he kills someone.
Speaker 2: I think God, I love them all.
Speaker 7: Thank you for listening, thank you for watching, and truly, the second we get a bond, you can expect another episode where we'll explain the plot.
Speaker 6: We can't do the plot before the bond.
Speaker 3: We cannot wait to show you this one. We have so many ideas of what they could be. We just need to figure out what.
Speaker 5: He can do.
Speaker 6: We just got to figure out what he looks like shirtless.
Speaker 2: We need to figure out what he can do under the laws of Buddhism because he's a Buddhist.
Speaker 3: Before we go, I have a question. What do you call something like a friendship that is tied together? What is the connection that they have?
Speaker 17: It's a Bond.
Speaker 6: Coming to a the near you.
Speaker 2: It's Bond and his best Friend.
Speaker 12: Bond Bonds, Bond Bonds, Bond Bond.
Speaker 3: We revealed it. It's a road trip.
Speaker 2: Movie Andrew Scott and Seth Rogan Bond Bonds coming to theaters twenty or twenty second.
Speaker 18: If you liked eighty for Brady and No, you're gonna love Bond barm Oh and the Bond Woman Kiky Palmer and Scissa that's too what double dopplo seven?
Speaker 2: Oh? We revealed it? What are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: That's okay? Type of pop chips Vielin is Wendy McClinton coffee? I don't know the question now, that's why they call it show biz. Good Night Holly Live.
Speaker 2: From the Beautiful Join the Patreon. We're gonna talk about this and have so much more fun.
Speaker 1: We have other writers room episodes that we'll probably put in a little playlist, Go find it, go click on stuff.
Speaker 3: By Artists on Artists.
Speaker 4: Artists on Artists is improvised Hollywood round table podcast created and hosted by Kylie Brakman, Jeremy Colhayne, Angelie Geritana, and Patrick McDonald. It is a production of Will Ferrell's Big Money Players and iHeartMedia Podcasts. Executive produced by Matt Appadaca and produced by Alexandra Dennis and Laser Vision Productions. Music by Gabrielle Ponton and edited by Connor McCabe. Thumbnail art by Josh Florey and logo designed by Lucy tom Kowitz. Special thanks to Samuel Curtis and the Beautiful Dynasty Typewriter Theater. The opinions expressed on this podcast do not reflect the opinions of anyone who works on it, not even the performers, because this is an improvised podcast and we don't.
Speaker 3: Know what the heck we're talking about. Full video versions.
Speaker 4: Of AOAOAOA are available on YouTube, so please like and subscribe and leave us five star reviews wherever you get your podcasts. That's all for now, good Night, Hollywood,