Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong Show, Caddy Armstrong and Jettie and now he.
Speaker 2: Arms live from Studio c Please any are we were going to broadcast live from Cuba today but we couldn't get a plane.
Speaker 1: Get fashion now plod deep within the bowels of.
Speaker 2: The Armstrong and Getty Communications compound, and today we are toiling under the title of the show Amazon Ceo delivers Truth Bombs Overnight or Cuba Libre, You dirty cobbies. You're gonna free up Cuba next here we go. So yeah, So I remember right after Venezuela and then there was talk of as gonna be first, it's gonna be Iran, then it's gonna be Cuba.
Speaker 1: Kind of when we were all thinking Iran.
Speaker 2: Would take like a week or something, I guess and uh, but that didn't work out that way. So do we still have really enough space in our enough bandwidth as they say, to to regime change yet another country while we're still kind of kind of locked down on Iran right now? I think we've put a pin in Cuba and we're gonna circle back when we have more bandwidth that's a good idea. So we announced the charged Raul Castro who used to run the place, and then are we gonna snatch him in the middle of the night like we did. There's really there's done a lot of point in that he's not actually the leader anymore.
Speaker 1: So no, that's unlikely to happen. I just it's funny.
Speaker 2: I've heard this reported, and I've read a number of accounts to quite a few of them, and they all say the same thing, designed to increase the pressure on Cuba, but they never explained how exactly charging an ancient, you know, senile revolutionary with crimes is going to increase any pressure on anybody.
Speaker 1: I don't get it. That's really flying under the radar though.
Speaker 2: The whole Cuba situation, whenever I see it brought up, it's always like they're in about as bad as shape as they have ever been in their country's history, right in terms of ain't got no gas and all that sort of stuff. Yeah, yeah, if they were leaning hard on Venezuela you may have heard there's a bit of a change there and Iran as well, and they're occupied, as we were discussing, So yeah, tough times for the Cuban comedies. And that's just heartbreaking, isn't it. Well, it sucks for the people. It ain't their fault, yeah, but I think it's it's you know, they've got to go through this to get that regime out of there.
Speaker 1: But I tell you what, it's going to be a challenge.
Speaker 2: There is no meaningful opposition to the Communist Party in Cuba. They have an excellent police state. It's not a very big place, as you may know. It's an island, and cubas an island bak news as it turns out, And there's no Cuban Delsi. As folks within the administration have been talking about Delsi what's her face? Who took over for Fathead in Venezuela and is now evidently cow toowing the Trump until he leaves office. Then she'll just go back to being the female menduo who knows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I got that whole issue.
Speaker 2: Jeez. At the same time that we're all worried about uh abola, that's really tough.
Speaker 1: But I keep I keep seeing all these stories.
Speaker 2: Gotta be careful talking about this because people's mood about the economy is bad.
Speaker 1: My my mood about the economy is bad, and the price of gas. I hate the price of gas.
Speaker 2: I filled up my diesel truck again, and it was practically two hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 1: Two hundred and fifty bucks to fill up my truck, which is absolutely amazing.
Speaker 2: If I if I had to drive that all the time and fill it up, you know, four times a month or more, geez, that'd be a noticeable difference. Any who.
Speaker 1: Even with all that.
Speaker 2: Said, Oh and there's a new Fox poll out today, seventy one percent of people disapprove. This is the disapproved number because off of the approval number was low, but the disapproval number wasn't this high because people were kind of in the I don't approve, but I don't know where I am on this. Now, seventy one percent of people disapprove of Trump's handling of the economy. That's that's a high number, like record high number. Still, God, your endless stories about Memorial Day weekend and how difficult it's gonna be for people to travel and they were doing they're just doing it. And this this family is traveling and it was ninety some miles okay each way. It's get four to five gallons of gas. It's a dollar higher than that last year. So total last year, the gas price alone is gonna be a ten spot more for the weekend. Come on, now, let's let's not be ridiculous, all right, people, Yeah, yeah, I know. Nobody should be altering their life over ten dollars.
Speaker 1: I don't think you are. Given the economy.
Speaker 2: Ten dollars is like a venti coffee at Starbucks. And there's a line at Starbucks every morning.
Speaker 1: I see it.
Speaker 2: So come on now, tell your kids you're suspending the allowance program. But they'll be paid back and full at some point as soon as legislation has passed. It's like the government shut down. Well, they'll be fine. My point was that while the mood is bad and everything is way too expensive, Uh, the media is catastrophizing this at just at a ridiculous level and around stupid stuff.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of I was just reading again.
Speaker 2: About why kids aren't having kids and young people aren't having kids, they're not coupling, they're not having sex, and every article always mentions that, uh, what's the official term you here?
Speaker 1: Used?
Speaker 2: Climate anxiety is a big part of it. Well, who caused this climate anxiety? You cranks. As we were trying to tell you, look all these everything you're pitching that the poor, little terrified children is wildly overstated. It's designed by activists to turn them into little revolutionaries. And now the very people are pitching that crap because it's click bait and fear mongering are now saying, yeah, look at all the damage that did.
Speaker 1: I'll be damned.
Speaker 2: I don't know that our spending matches the polling showing how worried we are about the economy. It just they don't seem to match up. So are people worried on other people's behalf? Like, I'm gonna keep traveling and eating out, but I know it's really bad for other people.
Speaker 1: Is it one of those things? I don't. I'm not exactly sure. What's similar to that. Nobody knows.
Speaker 2: Wall Street Journal had a long article, but this last week, nobody is exactly sure. Why with the war going on and seventy five percent of people saying the country's going the wrong direction, why we set a record in the stock market every single day?
Speaker 1: So this is all a bit of a mystery.
Speaker 2: But people are still eating out and traveling and all that sort of stuff. At a pretty high level, even though the numbers are so bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, getting back to the fertility thing, because it's all related. I was reading a really long and interesting think piece from a scientist about the low birth rates around the world, and we'll talk about it later, but it struck me in reading it, and I'm like, the only person I've heard talking about this.
Speaker 1: What came up over and over again.
Speaker 2: And it relates to your questions about people's perception of the economy, is that people take in their inputs of the world. Their perceptions of the world are formed in a way that they've never been formed in human history, just in the last twenty years or so, post smart own, post never ending information input to humans. You ask somebody even twenty five years ago their perception of the economy, it's going to be based on their paycheck, their expenses, their vacations, how much they can save.
Speaker 1: It's going to be almost.
Speaker 2: All personal, plus a little around the edges, talking to friends and neighbors and co workers. Now people's perception of reality is almost entirely what would you call a third hand or electronic or cosmic, and virtually none of it's personal. So you get all these results of I'm not a racist, and nobody I know is a racist. But I believe eighty percent of Americans are racist. You get that over and over again. My personal economy is fine. My friends seem to be doing fine, but boy, I hear it's just s out there. So yes, my perception of the economy is it's terrible. I will grant you now, with the affordability stuff going on, it is stressful, but nobody else talks about that. Maybe I'm a mad I'm convinced that's like everything that explains vertually everything people wonder about in the year twenty twenty six. Yeah, psychologically, our perceptions are in our external noun set of internal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: Not very many years ago, it had to be an internal perspective, that's all you had. Yeah it picture life, Yeah, picture an upside down pyramid. Well, I guess it would be no, a regular pyramid, the bottom of which would be personal experience. Then people very very close to you, and at the very top you'd have that little part that would say, you know, media and now it's inverted.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's yeah.
Speaker 2: So you remind me to write that analysis. It'll put me on the map. Yeah, you get your opinion and externally as opposed internally. Now it's really interesting. So I noticed this the other day and I found it very very troubling. I am, and I know most of you are not on Twitter. Very few people are actual on Twitter, and us in the media talk about it all the time because all the media people are on Twitter, but we're all on Twitter AnyWho, the same would be true. I assume for Facebook, Yahoo or.
Speaker 1: Yah who Facebook? What was the other thing as the intergra.
Speaker 2: Oh, Instagram, a lot of the other stuff that y'all are on. So on the Twitter feed, I have never in the decades we've been on Twitter, I've always just gone there and like searched out individuals, opinions, people that I know and respect and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I never just kind of randomly scrolled. Never did. For whatever reason, I started doing that a couple of weeks ago. I open up my Twitter and then I just scroll the stuff the algorithm feeds me. Yes.
Speaker 2: In other words, the algorithm didn't mean anything to me in the past because I wasn't scrolling it. So who cares. You can do whatever you ought with the algorithm. I'm seeking out specific things. New York Times Ian Bremmer, whatever I'm looking for. But I started scrolling the algorithm and I noticed it making me.
Speaker 1: I noticed this last night. It making me like paranoid and.
Speaker 2: Crazy because it's so much more catastrophizing than when I seek out specific information. It's just one after the other of people I've never heard of, and some of my don't even urial people that might be Risian bots. But it's one after another of this bad thing happened, and look how woke this person is. Just it just it started to make me think, oh my god, I can't believe my kids are going onto this world. And if most people are doing that, probably with Instagram or something else. No wonder people feel that way. Yeah, to that point. See, I do the in the algorithm thing more than you do, and I'll tell you why. I I feel like I am trying to litigate a case to America, and that's a good resource for evidence and you know, insights and that sort of perspectives. I've got some great stuff in front of me right now, but I liken it to an investigator who looks into crimes against children, it will gnaw away at your soul and turn you very dark and angry. And negative. If you let it, you have to be aware of what it is doing to you. And I mean, god, what two? I mean, the real advent of social media in my life is barely, you know, ten years old, and I had fifty years of life experience to give me a little perspective as I waded into that unholy pool. But younger people without that experience, who don't think, wow, okay, wait, I can feel myself changing emotionally.
Speaker 1: What's happening here? Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean it's just so corrosive. Yeah, it's weird. I'd never really done that. It was weird.
Speaker 2: It started to turn me paranoid and dark and like really concerned.
Speaker 1: I thought, No, no.
Speaker 2: You're looking at the scroll of who are these people? You're reading a whole bunch of them. Don't even know what the hell they are. Okay, that great thing I mentioned that I gleaned from the Twitter machine, I refuse to call it x elon. You don't get to take a letter of the alphabet and make your company that letter. That's a good hit, Yeah, bastard. I could absolutely prove the case that the left is far more bubbled than the right.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not even close. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And that's not to indict the left, but if your lefty friends don't seem to have a clue about how the world really works.
Speaker 1: I think we can explain it. You know, I think we actually used up all our time.
Speaker 2: We can't start to show officially. Let's start to show officially when we come back, just because the clip is worth talking about.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we're going to FCC jail. I'm not tough. I'm not gonna make it in FCC jail.
Speaker 2: I'm hoping we'll get a pardon. Well, it would be right back with a great opening.
Speaker 1: Clip right after this.
Speaker 2: So I think, for the first time in the show's history, the first segment, we did not start the show officially. Joe's worried about going to f CC prison. Not tough enough. You're cute and cuddley. They'll be loving you from dawn till dusk. Oh wait, I'm looking at the pamphlet. They have pickleball.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, and and otomy let's start the show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong. He's Joe Getty on this.
Speaker 2: It is Thursday, made the twenty first, the year twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: Armstrong in getting and we approve of this program. All right, here we go that officially according to FCC rules or like that mark.
Speaker 4: The way you make a billion dollars or one hundred million dollars or ten million dollars or anything is you create a service that people love, and if millions of people choose your service, you're gonna end up with a billion dollars, right and you can, you know, just try it with a chicken franchise.
Speaker 3: Do you think that your chicken has to be good?
Speaker 1: But yeah.
Speaker 2: Jeff Bezos of Amazon did a long interview with CNBC yesterday and dropped some fantastic truth bombs out there that we'll play portions of, pushing back on AOC and others ridiculous claim that you can't become a billionaire and basically saying, look, it's simple.
Speaker 1: You open a say you open a Hamburger stand.
Speaker 2: He just goes through the very simple nature of how you could become a billionaire quite easily. Well, you'd have to be very successful, but the math is easy to understand.
Speaker 1: Of without anybody doing anything illegal or that.
Speaker 2: And he also made the point that if we were as inefficient as New York City packages would, it would cost one hundred dollars to lover every package and you'd get it next week. He was talking particularly about Mundani's in New York City. So it's really good stuff. I'm trying to come up with a quick acronym for the politics of envy for stupid people, because that's what AOC is trafficking in. She just packages up envy in ridiculous and I use that term with the original meaning it should be ridiculus old. She packaged that, and Jeff Bezos returned that package and said, sorry, it doesn't fit. Wow from the department of trying way too hard. She packages envy with stupid slogans that a moment thought would explode, but people are not capable of a moment's thought. Lap it up like the sweet mother's milk of you. Sound there, I go, now I'm doing you. Sound like Robespierre as he's being led to the guillotine, saying, but you all don't understand that this is a stupid argument off with his head, right, yeah, yeah, an angry mob cannot be reasoned.
Speaker 1: With no God dang it.
Speaker 2: Anyways, that's some good stuff from Jeff Bezos, and a bunch of other news including it. Several pieces out today about who's really running a rand. This is brand new information, super interesting. Brigadier old General, Come on, Vahiti, he's the guy we got to convince or bomb or something.
Speaker 1: Oh Fahiti hate him so much.
Speaker 2: Plus how the comed dictatorship in Cuba works and why the bluest the progressives are so much more bubbled than conservative It's all pretty damned interesting.
Speaker 1: I hope you can stay tuned.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of good stuff today. If he missus segment gets the podcast Armstrong and Getty on.
Speaker 1: Demand Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is a stupid comment about Jeff Bezos, who I think is still the world's second richest man.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: He came up with the Amazon idea, which lost money for jeez, what a decade and a half. I remember that used to be a joke. Amazon, which still hasn't turned a profit, announced today that you know, it started as a place to buy used books AnyWho, and then it changed everyone's lives and took over the world.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey, that's the guy.
Speaker 2: Then hebody's the Washington Post and starts dating a woman who carves herself up to look like the joker anyway, though those are all extraneous things, and he's letting his hair kind of grow back as a bald man, which seems to be coming back in style. The whole I'm bald on top of got hair on sides things seems to be.
Speaker 1: Making a comeback. So I got to keep that in mind. Do I want to make that choice? At some point? Are we going to get to the truth bombs? I suppose so. Jeff Bezos did a long interview with cn on a very big boat. You left that out very large boat.
Speaker 2: Yes, Jeff Bezos on CNBC yesterday asking questions from Andrew Ross Sorkin, and they got into the whole billionaire thing.
Speaker 1: Now we played the clip a week or so ago.
Speaker 2: I mean, I got a lot of traction on the well, on the right end the left for different reasons. AOC explaining how you can't become a billionaire in the United States. Nobody can become a billionaire without cheating. And I mentioned the other day Robert Reich, of all people, AOC's a dunce. But Robert Reich was a major economic advisor for Bill Clinton, for Barack Obama, for Democrats. Professor at Berkeley gave their commencement address the other day. He put out a statement the other day there are five ways to become a billionaire profiting from a monopoly, insider trading, political payoffs, fraud, and inheritance. Don't believe the myth. So basically, there's no way to become a billionaire. Well, he's a Marxist or a fool. Jeff Bezos pushing back on that yesterday.
Speaker 5: AOC recently said in a podcast and mister curious how you think about this? Says there's a certain level of wealth and accumulation that is unearned. She says, you can't earn a billion dollars.
Speaker 3: You just can't earn that.
Speaker 5: She says, you can get market power, you can break rules, you can abuse labor laws, you can pay people less than what they're worth, but you can't earn that. Yeah, by the way, you are an extraordinary amount of money.
Speaker 3: You employ large employer. It's not one of them in the whole country. When you read that, what do you think.
Speaker 4: Well, it's not cracked on its face. Let let let's give you. Let me give you a simple example. Let's say you start a burger.
Speaker 3: Joint and you have ten.
Speaker 4: Employees, and you make a little bit of money until you have this is this one one outlet and by the way, these are the most delicious burgers in the world. People love your burgers, Andrew. And so then you open a second outlet, and now you're making a little bit more money, and you have twenty employees, and you open a third outlet. By the time you've opened a thousand outlets, you are a billionaire.
Speaker 3: And by the way, this is a real life story. It happens all the time. It's in and out burger, it's you know, raising canes chicken.
Speaker 4: At what point did that money all of a sudden become unethical or it didn't. There was one outlet, and then there were two, and then there were three. What you're doing the way you make a billion dollars or one hundred million dollars or ten million dollars or anything, is you create a service that people love, and if millions of people choose your service, you're going to end up with a billion dollars. And you can, you know, just try it with a chicken franchise.
Speaker 3: Do you think that your chicken has to be good?
Speaker 2: But how can a person need to even be told that, I don't know, we just need to accept that that's true, because they're dunces who are easily captured by the politics of envy.
Speaker 1: I think I don't know. I was about to say, I think AOC believes it.
Speaker 2: Why did they do that interview next to an industrial air conditioner?
Speaker 1: But they didn't. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: They didn't want to hear one of the many Amazon giant Amazon warehouses and oh okay, yeah, kind.
Speaker 1: Of trying to make the point.
Speaker 2: Oh well, well, Bezos makes the point earlier, and maybe we'll play that clip because he said a lot of interesting stuff that I wish, you know, he should be on a debate stage with AOC.
Speaker 1: Would be so good for the country. Oh yeah, I agreed.
Speaker 2: I think she's a dunce and doesn't actually understand a lot of things. How Robert Wright gets to go around saying that as a guy who's definitely not a dunce, Well, there are two possibilities, and one of them is one hundred percent true.
Speaker 1: I guarantee it.
Speaker 2: He is either one of many intellectuals who's blinded by these ideology and humans ability to blind themselves to further their ideological goals has astounded me since I was.
Speaker 1: A little kid.
Speaker 2: It's either that or he's just a dedicated Marxist and he knows. Look, there are some arguments in favor of capitalism, but I can't concede them. I've got to keep my ideological purity. So I'm going to pretend that, for instance, this horse crap that I'm about to say is true.
Speaker 1: Those are the only two possibilities.
Speaker 2: But Bezos, at another point, and in your interview, talks about I can do more to help society by starting the successful business than I could ever do.
Speaker 1: This is your point.
Speaker 2: You're always making than I could ever do by donating money to any charity or anything like that, which I know for a lot of people that just is a head slapping How the f could that be true?
Speaker 1: Why they don't get the whole.
Speaker 2: If I start a successful business that employs one hundred people.
Speaker 1: One hundred people have talents.
Speaker 2: The families, one hundred families are living their lives for decades, owning a house, a car, sending their.
Speaker 1: Kids to school, blah blah blah blah blah, all because of this business I started.
Speaker 2: There's no charity I could donate where I could help that many people.
Speaker 1: And in the case of you know, really big companies.
Speaker 2: You're helping thousands and thousands and thousands of people every dime. They'll need cradle to grave. Imagine how vast a charity would need to be. Or you can just hire people and give them full time jobs with decent paying benefits.
Speaker 1: Period. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The illiteracy of many Americans about economics. And I don't mean like the fancy stuff which is god and make you want to throw yourself off a bridge. I'm just talking about basic economics, how business works, how economies work. It's really quite a amazing and discouraging. Yeah, I think we might be I thought these arguments had been had in one and we could move on, But as we're all learning, we need to rehab these arguments like every twenty years. Apparently, like Ronald Reagan said, we really are at a place where we need.
Speaker 1: To have some big debates on stage with.
Speaker 2: I don't know who you choose to have about like basic economic stuff like this, Can you become a billionaire without being a crook or a monopoly or insider trading? Clearly yes, but half the country, maybe more, God help us, believes you can't. So let's work this out. Yeah, they have that sort of rebril debate.
Speaker 1: I think it was.
Speaker 2: The University of Toronto has them now and again we've referenced them through the years, but not enough people see him, not enough people.
Speaker 1: Are aware of them.
Speaker 2: If hereside Whoop's ass, it generally gets distributed to folks who tend to agree, and they see it and hear about it, but nobody else does.
Speaker 1: Once again, because of the algorithms. Envy is such a thing.
Speaker 2: And then you got the human nature part of it. Elon was talking about this the.
Speaker 1: Other day, that that concept of.
Speaker 2: You could be perfectly fine with your house. You take your house and put it in a neighborhood where it's like the nicest house in the neighborhood, and you're perfectly fine. You take that same house, put it in a neighborhood where all the other houses are nicer than yours, and you're all of a sudden unhappy. It's just a terrible aspect of human nature. I experienced that myself. I talked about it on the air. I wasn't proud of it, but I was shocked by it and honest enough to be honest about it, like, what the hell's the matter with you? It's just part of being a human. But we've you know, it's one of those urges that you just you've got to, you know, climb above your caveman's self and try to be a little more evolved and not let it drive your entire worldview.
Speaker 1: For goodness sakes, you know, I'm always looking for the evolutionary reason. Is it just?
Speaker 2: Is it so that we will continue to strive. But somehow I got mixed up with the emotion of envy, which is not a helpful emotion.
Speaker 1: Right, I think?
Speaker 2: You know, there I am with my caveman wife and my little caveman kids, cute little devils, and you know, every other caveman dad is bringing home half an antelope and me I got barely a quarter of an antelope. There should be discontent, I guess I don't know. Well, we are affluent enough these days that we have our pets are dogs that we love. Word from our friends at rough Greens. You know, when they're puppies, they've got energy to burn and they just seem like they live forever. Then they slow down, get older, and you I we all spend our time wondering is there anything we can do to slow down that aging process? Rough Greens could be a great part of that number one dog supplement, America's number one dog supplement made in the United States. Over twenty vitamins and minerals, all kinds of live stuff that you're putting on top of your current dog's food. You don't change your dog's food, and you could try it for nothing, just the shipping. Get a free Jumpstart trial bag today for the shipping when you go to Roughgreens dot com and use a discount code Armstrong. Yeah, all those probiotics, enzymes, omegoils, twenty live vitamins and minerals are supporting digestion, energy, overall health from the inside out. Get a free Jumpstart trial bag for your dog today, you just cover the shipping. Go to Roughgreens dot com use the discount code Armstrong. It's r u f fgreens dot com. Roughgreens dot Com discount code Armstrong.
Speaker 1: Roughgreens. They make any dog food better. Back to the caveman thing.
Speaker 2: Nobody can get an antelope that can't happen. It was either handed to them by a crook.
Speaker 1: Or something right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nobody can get a master don honestly exactly.
Speaker 1: He's here's how people get those attitudes.
Speaker 2: And we'll get back to the Jeff Bezos interview because I think it's terrific. This is a study by a lab of politics in political science looking at specifically campaign finance donations among various fields of professional fields, and the most republican fields run from.
Speaker 1: Thirty three percent of.
Speaker 2: Them donate to Democrats down to just ten percent of them. But most of them, there are only a few that are that little, like oil workers and miners ten to eleven percent, they're extremely republican fields. But auctioneer, bank officer, plant manager, nurseryman, landscape contractor, insurance agent, truck driver, farmer, anesthesiologist, dairy farmer, all those things are about thirty percent I donate to democrats. Thirty percent of that field goes against the grain. Maybe it's more like twenty percent when you get down to ranchers and mechanical contracts. But the really the bulk of them, it's about two thirds one third, okay. Now, among the most democratic fields, those are the most republican fields. Among the most democratic fields, which range from union organizer to arts administration administrator, professor of this that and the other, epidemiologists, psychotherapists to conservationists, yoga instructor, social worker, TV producer, screenwriter, professor of law, film director, all those things. They ranged from ninety one to ninety nine percent Democrat.
Speaker 1: So, just to summarize it, in the most.
Speaker 2: Republican fields, on average, a third of the people kicking around are Democrats. You'll hear their point of view, you'll get to know them, you'll like them, You'll think, well, their politics are wacky, but he's a good guy, she's a good gal.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: In the most democratic fields it is ninety Well, the average is ninety five percent Democrat. So you self select where you live to be around people that think like you. Then you go to work with people that think like you, and you never encounter anybody who who you could say, well, they have different politics, but they seem to be nice.
Speaker 1: They don't seem like they're hitler or anything.
Speaker 2: Right, They're not a correct caricature of you know, evil like I get from social media, for instance. And the case has been made many times that conservatives are subjected to more progressive points of view via the media and popular culture, and you know, in academia it's unavoidable, so you get used to it. It's fine. You consider those arguments. You don't like them, you walk away from them. Folks in blue bubbles never hear a conservative express conservative ideas, or virtually never. It's why their ideas are so wacky, or see one in the wild right exactly. So all they can picture is this cartoonish fangs dripping with blood, Trump worshiping.
Speaker 1: Lunatic speaking of speaking of fangs dripping with blood. Uh. They think they've nailed down who's running Iran.
Speaker 2: Okay, we got a couple of publications talking about that today.
Speaker 1: We'll get into that an hour or two. Among other things.
Speaker 2: We got mail bag on the way. I hope you can stay here. We never mentioned this the other day. We should read some of it. The Washington Post editorial board last week pushed back hard on Kamala Harris, saying Democrats should not pack the Supreme Court. That would be devastating to our country, and explained why maybe we'll do that later. It's pretty interesting. Good, good, Yeah, I love that idea. Here's your freedom loving quote of the day, just sent along by alert listener Patrick to our topic of only a couple of months ago. Charlie Munger, who's a good down to earth author. I've read some of this stuff. He said, the world is not driven by greed driven by envy. No, I think it's probably driven by both. Depends who you're talking about. That's going to go off on a tangent, but we don't really have time. Mailbag woo, yeah, yeah yah. Got this note for oh drop his note mail bag at Armstrong and Getty dot com. Got this note from Adam Thanks for bringing up the IRS settlement story in the slush fund on today's show yesterday. I count on you guys giving it to me straight. And I was disturbed by yet another move by Trump that feels gross, to say the least. Maybe our opinion's part ways here, but he seems more and more interested in benefiting a smaller portion of the country.
Speaker 1: Doesn't sit well with me. And I think he.
Speaker 2: Owes more to a larger group of people, and including the folks who voted for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would agree.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I realized this sounds unbearably sincere in the cynical age, but we're for the United States of America and sanity around here, not for Trump per se, except when he's right, not for a party when they suck. We'll call him out if you like it. Great thank you for listening. If you don't go bye, good luck, La, And he says, as we were finishing the segment, I was thinking myself the recent leadership the d White House. In the White House, Oh yeah, several going back, several unacceptable commitment to serve the citizens of the country. Is there a chance it's saving what the forefathers fought so hard to achieve? Then Joe said, it's been a great two hundred and fifty years. That's a wrap hard.
Speaker 1: To disagree with. You finish the week.
Speaker 2: Strong, boys, he urges us. All right, Adam, we'll do our best.
Speaker 3: Love that.
Speaker 1: Finish the week strong.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: That goes against her motto, though, start slow and taper off. It's true that'd be a new leaf, Adam.
Speaker 2: But we'll try a number of folks weighing in on Eric Schmidt, the former CEO of Google's commencement speech, and how all the youngsters were booing him every time he brought up AI now number one. I think they're probably hitting the marguerite is pretty hard there at the University Arizona. But who knows, Kevin writes, some morning guys, the tone deafness of mister Schmidt was striking but not surprising. What was equally striking was the response of the grads of this generation. I would wager that there was not a single one of them without a smartphone and at least one AI chat app installed, and ninety nine percent probably had chatbot helping write their papers during the cap and gown they were wearing. Yes, I received a text from a good old friend who is a law school teacher and said, are you kidding me? Most, if not all, of my students use AI every day to get the work done.
Speaker 1: So doesn't mean you don't boot wood and bullet, I use Chat. I use AI ten times a day. I would still boo.
Speaker 2: A speech where they talk about the future of AI is coming boo right right, It's it's a mixed bag of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then this from frequent correspondent Pallo, the visceral reaction many people have AI reminds me of telling a toddler they need an unpleasant medical procedure. The fear of the crying, the resistance are entirely real, and they matter, but it shouldn't stop. The procedure should signal to the parents that the fear deserves to be acknowledged or addressed. You touched on that one. You played Eric Schmid's graduation speech. The problem is the parents building AI don't seem to be listening to the room. We must absolutely govern how AIS deployed, but I don't think AI development canner should be slowed.
Speaker 1: Humans are built to learn. It's our greatest strength. It's what we do.
Speaker 2: The danger has never been the acquisition of knowledge, but the risk of failing to develop the wisdom to guide its use. That's some good writing there. The difference this time is that the stakes are higher than ever. Responding the challenges brought by AI feels as daunting. Is storming the beaches at Normandy overwhelming, terrifying, far bigger than any one of us. We don't know what's going to happen, but we go anyway because we have to.
Speaker 1: What's the alternative? That's a very grown up thing to say.
Speaker 2: Somebody ought to get into the ear of all your tech giants and there's only like eight of them control in the whole AI world right now, and say.
Speaker 1: People are scared to death of this.
Speaker 2: You can't keep presenting it like it's obviously good for them, because they don't feel that way. Your toddler doesn't want a shot, no matter how much good it does them to get back to that metaphor. Ah, there's another really good one here from Jerry and Fairbanks, but we don't have time. Yeah, we'll get to that later. It's good about this about AI as well. Yeah, And if you have any thoughts on it, you can text us of course, the text line four one, five, two nine five KFTC. We got a lot on the way, good stuff of all different stripes and varieties. And if you miss any of it, get our podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 1: See you in moments
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty