Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: COWS.
Speaker 1: This is Girls Talk Boys Talk, presented by Invisi Line, trusted by over five hundred NFL players for their winning smiles, and broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your host, Nicole Hutchison.
Speaker 2: Happy Friday, Cowboys Nation, Welcome into Girls Talk Boys Talk, presented by Invisi Line. Here in the s OBC studio.
Speaker 3: I'm Nicole.
Speaker 2: I just sad alongside Ayisham Morrison, Jess Navarez and Christy Scales.
Speaker 4: Ladies, how y'all doing on this lovely Friday?
Speaker 5: It's nap time?
Speaker 6: No way?
Speaker 5: God is nap time?
Speaker 6: God?
Speaker 3: Sister, y'all been a wake up today?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: Oh, all right, well nap time.
Speaker 3: If I take a nap this early, I'm make useless later.
Speaker 5: Well, we're past the prime nap time.
Speaker 8: I'm just saying, yeah, if I take that net right now, sleep, sleep later.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: I know I'm an adult.
Speaker 5: I know I'm getting older when like my body automatically wakes up early. Do you be thinking about your bed? Do you think about it?
Speaker 8: Christy?
Speaker 3: Do you be thinking about yours.
Speaker 2: I think about old bed right now, right now, we got a game Monday.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm like, let's go miss game day.
Speaker 3: Game game coming up this weekend, first Monday night game.
Speaker 5: Ye yeah yeah.
Speaker 9: Then Joe Burrow and the Bengals come in December for Monday Night. So so unusual to have two Monday night home games in a season. Yeah, it's Craig Cray before the Cowboy remember that for the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Especially yeah, Okay, Cowboys Texans. Who runs Texas.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be the.
Speaker 8: Bat It's right, that's right, that's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be the battle on Monday Night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in a t T stadium.
Speaker 2: The Cowboys lead the overall series four to two, with the Cowboys taking the last win in twenty twenty two. Went down to the wire. But Christy, all right.
Speaker 4: They have some history.
Speaker 3: Oh my, got a history.
Speaker 4: Take us back all the way to two thousand and two.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I would argue, and Chris Beam, our producer, he may agree with me on this, but I think there are a lot of people that consider that game in September of two thousand and two, which was the first game in the history.
Speaker 10: Of the Houston Texans franchise.
Speaker 9: Houston had been without a team for several years when the Boilers moved to Tennessee.
Speaker 10: And became the Titans.
Speaker 9: But then they get the expansion franchise, and the Cowboys had actually practiced against them the previous month and actually played a preseason game as Little robertson field there in Houston, a preseason game, but the very first regular season game in Texans history in primetime. They bring in the Cowboys and that was the Quincy Carter era, but they still had him at Smith. They still had Joey Galloway, let's see Leroy Glover and Dat Wynn and Dexter Cokeley, and the Cowboys lost in front of a national audience nineteen to ten. A guy named Billy Miller, a tied end for the Texans, catches a pass from Derek Carr, who was the their number one pick, and I think that that year, which was a tough year for the Texans, like a record for like most sacks in the season, poor Derek Carr. But the Cowboys lost to an expansion team in the rival city of Houston, and it was basically downhill from that because that was ended up being Dave Campo's third and final year as Cowboys head coach, and it ended up being three consecutive five and eleven seasons, and there were a lot of changes after that year, but Jerry Jones's face after that loss, and that was I know that longtime Cowboy fans will say, oh, the worst loss was Jackie Smith Hall of Fame tight end dropping, the passing the end zone and us losing the Super Bowl to the Steelers, or more recent history, losing to the Packers last January. But I'm telling you the Texans guide it on the Cowboys that very first time. It was, yeah, their very first game and as an expansion team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Texans became the first NFL expansion team to win its first game. That was since nineteen sixty one.
Speaker 9: Yeah a vikor Yeah, Yeah, that was a sad ride home.
Speaker 10: Luckily it was only forty minutes.
Speaker 3: And they is it as.
Speaker 2: Sad as the others that have been happening this year.
Speaker 9: It was shocking because again, you know that Ape Men had retired and all that, and that's when quincs Was it going to be Chad Hutchinson or Quincy Carter? You know this, this wasn't one of the glory years of the Cowboys. But you do not lose to an expansion team and the season opener, it was it's pretty rough.
Speaker 3: Which game was it?
Speaker 5: Do y'all remember?
Speaker 8: I know you you might have watched it when d Hop had that crazy catch.
Speaker 5: How long ago was that was?
Speaker 8: That?
Speaker 3: That was the year they was it the first year that Coop came.
Speaker 8: It might have been I think it was the first year that Coop was here.
Speaker 10: Amari Cooper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would that one hurt.
Speaker 8: That is because they just couldn't tackle him. Yeah, you remember they was were they trying to get him field goal range? And what were they doing?
Speaker 9: It seems like it was that was when it was Watson.
Speaker 8: It was DeShawn Watson and d Hop.
Speaker 10: Talking about DeAndrea.
Speaker 8: I apologize, Yeah, DeAndre Hopkins just had that crazy catch. It was like three defenders around him. He's juking people in the open field. It was it was it had to be like it had to be like eighteen nineteen maybe sooner. I know it hurt and because because the Cowboys had played a good game to that point and it just was it was crazy.
Speaker 9: Yeah. You know, normally with the AFC teams, Cowboys only play them once every four years, and so since the Texans have only been around since two thousand and two. The actually are the team that the an opponent the Cowboys have played at least in history.
Speaker 5: Oh maybe I have a different one. But crazy, Oh yeah twenty eighteen.
Speaker 9: Yeah, over and overtime and crazy things happen when they plow Texans play.
Speaker 10: It hurt me.
Speaker 5: Oh I'm watching it now, you watch it play.
Speaker 3: I told you I was.
Speaker 5: I remember watching from my house like this is one. Well it three four.
Speaker 3: Hevy tackles he missed. It was a more zillion tackles.
Speaker 5: Finally, you know who Layton Vandrush.
Speaker 8: So talk about memories. I just wanted to bring up that memory for that happy one.
Speaker 5: I thought I was bad and you guys were saying I was being the down for being.
Speaker 8: I forgot it was an overtime. I'm telling you that that game was closed.
Speaker 5: Houses like some trauma like that I just block out.
Speaker 3: Of my mind.
Speaker 2: There's another good memory though. Twenty twenty two. Mkwamu technically seeing the game insout Maybe like a mcwontmou game again if.
Speaker 10: He starts over, possibly lewis missing time and yeah he.
Speaker 3: Was benched last week.
Speaker 5: Clutch.
Speaker 3: This is a big time for someone like him.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 8: Obviously we've talked about like everything that's going on within the building, like him getting an opportunity to play his true position and to be able to make improvements on the fly. I do think it does say something about what they think of him at the very least to.
Speaker 3: Put him in there after Kaitlyn Carson. But I just wonder what they're gonna do because.
Speaker 8: Al Harris is a very He's very high on Kaylyn Carson and his ability, and so what's the balance, Like how do you continue to put confidence in him and not take away from that, but also to hold him accountable. Dude, this happens in football, you know. So it's like I wonder how they approached that.
Speaker 5: I think with Izzy, he's somebody that I talked to a lot in the locker room. I would just kind of go catch up with. What I really like about him is any opportun unity he would get. He was chomping at the bit for it. So despite kind of I feel like being overlooked and not necessarily by coaches, but by most people that you hear his name, the fan base, all of that, he doesn't lose confidence in himself. He's very coachable. One thing that him and I would always talk about is, hey, what'd you learn today? And it could be any point I went in that locker room, whether he had played for weeks or he hadn't, that man had something that he learned from his notes, from meetings, from practice. He absorbs like a sponge, so he's very even killed. I really like how he approaches his studying. And again, I just feel like he's overlooked. So a guy like that, like I really want him to get that start. I think that would be great for him.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and I wonder with his practice reps this week because we know that Jordan Lewis missed some practice time and Jordan Lewis, you know, plays in the slot, and so if Mukuamu is his backup in the slot, and then Josh Butler, who has been elevated from the practice squad in the past two games, he can play in the slot as well. So it'll be interesting to talk to Mukuamu, talk to Al Harris and Josh before the game on Monday, and see how that was all handled the practice time during the week, because I think you're right there, could you know Israel, I think it's going to get enhanced playing time as the season goes along. But when you're having to kind of divvy up your time and practice whether you're outside or inside, it'd be nice if you can kind of settle and have, you know, get to work concentrate full time at my position.
Speaker 3: Do you think they put do you think that they maybe put car? Do you think that maybe they put Kaitlin Carson?
Speaker 10: And I think that they leave him outside.
Speaker 8: I can't remember, I can I don't have my draft notes around in front of me.
Speaker 3: I can't remember if I felt like he could play Nickel se well, I don't go. I need to go study myself and find out.
Speaker 5: I don't doubt that he can. But would it be a wise decision?
Speaker 9: Can?
Speaker 5: I mean all things?
Speaker 8: It depends though, because this is when when guys play Nickel, most of the guys that run the Nickel, they're in the thick of things as far as contact, as far as getting through trash, and they get to put their hands on people like Jordan Lewis, drives, thrives in the press.
Speaker 3: Carson, he took, that's that's his game.
Speaker 8: Right now. They're having him play a lot more off and having to and and again there's nothing wrong with that. Likes he's gonna eventually need to learn how to do that. But I just wonder that's me thinking a loud. I'll look into it myself and see what they view him as well.
Speaker 10: The other thing is he's been dealing with the shoulder injury.
Speaker 9: It's more physical in fact, it's it's more demanding physically in terms of maybe more contact.
Speaker 10: And so if someone is struggling with the shoulder injury, I wonder.
Speaker 8: You think that's why they're playing off because that's what they did against Green Bay. They they went into a total and granted this is a totally different coaching staff, but they did go into playing more zone because of Stefan Gilsmore's shoulder injury.
Speaker 5: And you saw they started clear different. Yeah.
Speaker 8: And then and then this game, this past game, the Cowboys played ten five yards off the line of scrimmage this game.
Speaker 3: I wonder what the thinking is.
Speaker 8: So I'm thinking out that I will look into that. Yeah, we'll find it.
Speaker 5: I also want to point out about Izzy. He's another guy that Bones Fossil is very high on. Bones has talked to him, talked about him multiple times that I can recall and just remember him talking about the work ethic as well. Again, a guy that's willing to contribute in any way possible, give him the chance. I'm just I think we're all chomping at the bit to see it. And if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. Like at this point, you know what you have and that's it.
Speaker 3: Absolutely tall corner, tall corner. He got a lanky he has a tall task.
Speaker 8: He's not as lanky as what a Nashan Wright wash, but he is a lanky guy. So one of the things you always worry about is like hip turn and how quickly he can flip his hips.
Speaker 3: And run and run.
Speaker 8: So we'll see how he handles things if he gets the opportunity. And if Caitlin Carson is still dealing with that shoulder, do what you gotta do.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be here.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And I mean, I'm not trying to take him off the field, but if that is impeding on your scheme or some of the things you can run, or him being able to play, then maybe, Oh there was an injury report.
Speaker 4: It's Christma.
Speaker 5: It looks like mus Yeah, they're eighteen players injury.
Speaker 10: Report and Atlanta.
Speaker 8: Atlanta had thirteen yesterday themselves. It's just that time of year later, you know, so it's they're going to be trying to manage guys as the best they can't.
Speaker 3: It's ugly.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we should just a lot.
Speaker 9: Normally on Friday you would say, okay, the official game status. Someone is questionable, someone is out, someone is probable. But because the Cowboys play on Monday Night football, that won't take place until tomorrow, so basically everything is delayed by a day, so we don't.
Speaker 10: Have game status.
Speaker 9: But at least there's an update on who practiced and who did not today for sure.
Speaker 2: And we have Kayln Carson listed as full. He did not participate in yesterday's practice. We have Jake Ferguson who was full, who did not participate in yesterday's practice because of an illness. So that's a good sign.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: Two guys who did not participate today, Jordan Lewis, Hunter Lipkey. That could be huge because we were just talking about Jordan Lewis limited today, Zach Martin who did not participate yesterday because of a shoulder. We have.
Speaker 4: Tyler Smith limited again today. He was dealing with the knee.
Speaker 2: He was also limited in yesterday's practice, but those were the major injuries that we had yesterday, which was Jake Ferguson, Jordan Lewis or not injury.
Speaker 4: For Jake Ferguson it was illness.
Speaker 2: But Hunter Lipkey, Jordan Lewis, Kayln Carson from yesterday's practice who didn't participate, but he was a full participant today.
Speaker 4: So does that change y'alls thinking?
Speaker 9: Yes? And the Lewis Tyler Smith are really concerning Kyla Smith.
Speaker 2: He was knee but he was limited today yesterday too.
Speaker 9: I have a feeling that Tyler Smith will probably play. But but Lewis.
Speaker 8: You got Tankdale come into the house and with Nico Collins being able to get since what they've been doing with Tankdale, Nico Collins is such a big downfield threat for them. He is more their vertical threat. It's really what helps open up their offense. And so in his in Nico's absence, they've been having Tank.
Speaker 3: Dale run a lot of his plays.
Speaker 8: He's Tankdale traditionally does a lot of things in the slot, but.
Speaker 3: He's doing more outside.
Speaker 8: I really was looking forward to that matchup with Jordan Lewis and maybe seeing Tankdale. So so it'll be probably isasy Maybe I have no idea if they decide, you, guys, we've seen is he do some slot things?
Speaker 3: I don't know if he.
Speaker 8: Is quick enough to deal with a Tank Dale in the slot. The suddenness like the how quick Tankdale is out of his releases? Whoever man's that Nickel cornerspot this is that could be a big part of like what this defense looks like thanks week.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and it's really different what the Texans have done having to turn to Dell and Nico Collins not having him, and so it's almost in a way I had to say, like diversified their offense just out of necessity. Yeah, when you can't it's just like them losing Nico Collins for several weeks.
Speaker 10: It's like if you're without c. D. Lambs yep.
Speaker 9: And so not only young guys getting a chance to step up, but having to do, you know, doing some things differently.
Speaker 10: And playing to guy's strengths.
Speaker 9: And so Dell has been a guy that has really emerged for the Texans.
Speaker 2: When you talk about the difference from this offense, the Texans offense with Nico Collins on the field and with him out of off the field, you look at CJ. With Collins, he has a one hundred and twenty six point four passer rating when throwing a Collins. In twenty twenty four, the Texans went four and one across their first five games with Collins and have since now gone two and three without him, and CJ's passer rating is a seventy eight point five with five touchdowns and three interceptions.
Speaker 10: Without Collins, that's forty eight different.
Speaker 8: The QB rating drops twenty two percent and the completion percent is drops fourteen percent when he's not on the field. He just that's the thing about we talked about it yesterday was the fact that so many teams are playing this too hot show, are doing that if you're gonna split that, you're gonna go over. They are going over the top with Nico Collins. And he also too can work overs and things like that. So it's like I feel like, I don't know, I feel nervous with because Jordan Lewis isn't just out there either, He really quarterbacks a lot of what goes on as the nickel. So who do you ladies think is is gonna take up that take that spot?
Speaker 5: Well they better be prepared whoever, because this will open up slow X play calling abilities as well. You're not solely just relying on your run anymore. You can open it up even wider, right, And that's kind of what he's been scrutinized about it being more predictable with the run than the past. And this just opens it.
Speaker 9: Right, mccomer or Butler in terms of you don't really have a choice and when Josh Butler and you literally don't have a choice.
Speaker 8: And we've seen Josh Butler in preseason. He's I've seen him have some passes defended. I've seen he has some feistiness to his play. He plays with some fire. I haven't gotten to see much of him in a real game setting.
Speaker 3: I don't think any of us have.
Speaker 8: So that would be a big opportunity for him to show that he can do things at the.
Speaker 5: Nickel uncommon opponent. Maybe maybe it could work to his advantage.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean, look, if you worried, look realistically, yes, but also the lack of tape that they could have on him could work out in everybody's favor. To say you don't necessarily know his habits.
Speaker 8: To study, I mean it's fair. Tank is a he better, he's a natural. That's it at the position. So I'm that's that's concerning and Hunter Lifkey and what he does. We talked let's let's go of the trenches. We talk about this past rush. We talk about having to chip these guys in a Daniel Hunter and a Will Anderson and those gentlemen like this is a huge loss in the rum blocking game.
Speaker 5: My question would be, do you elevate from the practice squad of Princeton fan or a Jalvin Cook to kind of counteract a Princeton fan.
Speaker 8: Every time I've seen PRISTSS fan, I'll be thinking he's a I'll.
Speaker 5: Be thinking he's a full but he's a big guy.
Speaker 8: But there are things that you I did see him during preseason where you could tell he's he's he's getting it in a sense, like the only thing that I want him to do is sustained blocks longer.
Speaker 3: But as far as like, I view him in.
Speaker 8: A way as a fullback, so he might be the best option. To your point, that's good.
Speaker 2: We're going to take our first break and up next, we're gonna give some flowers to a well deserved lead back in this mich McCarthy offense, and we're back in the Moore Girls dog Boystock presented by his line.
Speaker 11: It's the official men's skincare brand the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 6: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing. Pepsi, baby, the yin to this burger's yang. Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of lettuce, every sesame seed on the bun, and every sip of that crisp refreshing, ice cooled kola a journey to food toopia. Burgers better with pepsi.
Speaker 3: That's what I like a Jigsaw Dating.
Speaker 7: We obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, Dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: The Dickey family always mandated that the only police style sausage worthy of their restaurant must have high quality, coarse ground beef and port rich spices and fresh natural casings. We still serve it to this day and it's so popular. Dickey Sausage has been named the official sausage of the Dallas Cowboys. The perfect matchup on game day Dickie's Barbecue Pit No One out smokes us. Order at Dickie's dot com for groups called eight sixty six. Barber Cue gives on the ribs.
Speaker 5: Stay connected with the Dallas Cowboys on your Connected TV. Catch up on all Cowboys content like player interviews, weekly TV shows, podcast docuseries like Deep Blue, and much more. Download the Cowboys now app on Amazon, Fire, Broku, and Apple TV you can watch a fantastic, amazing, superior podcast called Girls Talkboys Talk, sponsored by visil Line. That's what I heard at least YEP. That scared me, Like, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 7: I just.
Speaker 10: Chris beams audio board with that. Just poor Chris.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Chris.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna turn these down a little bit. I'm sorry.
Speaker 11: You.
Speaker 10: Chris is fine.
Speaker 8: I've be watching the other show he did with so much more people in new show, No way, the.
Speaker 5: Poor downboard is working overtime absolutely.
Speaker 3: Even on the ain't even on the decibel level, like compared.
Speaker 5: To a little bit more.
Speaker 10: I think I don't think we need a higher frequently. All the dog.
Speaker 5: Congo down here would go a little go a little crazy.
Speaker 4: So I'm done with she said a little lower, So I said.
Speaker 5: Who boom Stern.
Speaker 4: She wooed you.
Speaker 2: All right, Rico O'Donnell being referred to as the lead back per Michael McCarthy. That was not from us, That came from the headman himself. How good did it feel to hear that? And I'm gonna just go ahead and start with just because I just know she's waiting to say.
Speaker 5: You know what, I don't have anything to say. I just have one word. Finally, that's it. Finally, Like, is this I know it's official by hearing it being said, but we've known this. It's It's good for Rico, though, I think, to actually hear it being said and hear his name be talked about in the sense and be taken serious, because what this allows is keep in mind, Rico is going to be a free agent next year. So if anything, this allows for him to be taken serious as a lead back in this league, whether it be with the Cowboys after the season or not. It does give him an opportunity to get his name out there, get good tape, and you know, get more value for what his name actually is and the skills he actually has. I'm also tired of the storylines that has followed him for the last two years, and he's tired of it too. He will be the first one to tell you the whole injury. This injury that like, it is just not it is not what defines him as a player. And so I'm glad everybody is finally dropping that and giving him his flowers. So here's my flower. Okay, there you go.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: I love that hearing Mike McCarthy talk to the media here and then talking to the fans, it was like, hopefully difference. Well, no, because he had spoke a little bit more about you know, Rico and what he's meant to this organization and what he's meant to Mike McCarthy, and he had brought up how like you know, they came in around the same time, of course, but he's just so proud of like the player that he's become in battling those injuries, and he brought up the kicker return and he returned for a touchdown, kick off your return for a touchdown, and just basically said that he just needed the opportunities. And so the fan asked him, well, how many carries do you feel like Rico needs to get a game? And he had said more than twenty five carries. So my question to y'all is how many carries y'all feel like Rico should be having a game?
Speaker 9: Hey, if he gets twenty five carries, that's excellent news because they're actually running the ball, maintaining drives, converting third downs. Ideally, it doesn't matter if it's Rico Daddle or Jess or I sure that's the running back. If you're getting twenty five carries a game for you, your team, the offense is working the way it supposed to work, and Mike McCarthy wants to run the ball like that. And he also said that ideally Rico would get you know, at least three touches in regards to catching the ball out of the backfield as well, because Rico's good at that. So yeah, she won a multiple offense. But the main thing is to establish the ground game, and so yeah, that would be wonderful news if Rico's getting twenty to twenty five carries game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 8: I meant, put some good tape on film.
Speaker 3: I was, Yeah, put some good tape on film. Mike McCarthy, people can say what they want to say. He's a good coach in that way.
Speaker 8: I think he understands the moment for rico' daddell and what this means to him. And I believe that Mike McCarthy has been an advocate for Rico Daddle this whole time, absolutely, and I believe that this happening is party advocating for Rico Daddle to get an opportunity to show what he can do. He's very versatile, We've seen that, and I agree with him the growth that's been in his game. We talked about it nause and last year pass pro pass pro, prasspro, prassbawl. You know who your best pass pro running back was last year?
Speaker 3: Godaddo.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 8: Stronger than Hunter Lifty, stronger than Tony Pollard.
Speaker 3: Even so, I think that he has earned his.
Speaker 8: Spot and I'm excited to see him get going. And in regard to them running the ball more, they gonna have to, h They're gonna have to for whatever quarterback is out there, like you gotta find some type of balance and threaten the defense in a different way. Like they have been one dimensional almost all season.
Speaker 3: Starting to feel like.
Speaker 8: Maybe they're turning a little bit of a corner. And this offensive line also too, is starting to become connected to Rico Daddle and understanding how he likes to run the ball and stuff. You can tell they're starting to get a field.
Speaker 3: So let's go. Let's go play football that you can do right now.
Speaker 5: It's my favorite one. It's my favorite one, don't nah, that's one of my that's one of my go tos. That's what no, no, no, And here I go, here I go here, I go here, I go here. Look, I'm walking back in, I'm walking back and no, I'm walking back here. And I'm gonna say, don't you doubtle him? No, don't you dattle him?
Speaker 3: What statement?
Speaker 5: Congo woke up good. He was like that was amazing. I'm crying.
Speaker 2: What statement will it officially make if Rico goes out there and performs well despite the outcome.
Speaker 4: If the Cowboys lose, if the Cowboys win.
Speaker 2: What kind of statement will this make if he goes out there and performs against this defensive line.
Speaker 5: To write off of Aetia's point, I think it makes more of a statement for the offense as a whole and really the play calling and you know, improving and kind of reading the room of what what you have the circumstances, like we kind of talked about on Wednesday, what exactly you have in front of you? And at this point you're gonna have a backup quarterback in You need to help your backup quarterback. He cannot continue to get touched. You have a long rest of your season to go. You need him to stay healthy. It also tells you that, yeah, they sat, they reflected, and they understood what the weak point was of keeping the offense so one dimensional. And this was something that when we had all the back to back to back Tom Brady broadcasts over and over, he really stressed about the Cowboys offense and he made sure to make it known that you cannot do anything else other than pass the ball, and that's putting just too much stress on the offensive line, on the quarterback. And so at this point, with all the injuries that you have that you're dealing with, that you're trying to combat, and yes, it's that point of the season for everybody, but especially over here for the Cowboys, you have to do what you have to do to minimize the workload and just play what's in front of you. Just do your job, don't overcompensate for the guy next to you. And I think the statement it would make is, Look, you don't have to go out the rest of the season feeling this miserable about everything you're seeing. It could give you a little bit of hope for some winds ahead. Even if it's not this week, it could be soon.
Speaker 9: Well, they and the Cowboys did an effective job in the first half against the Eagles last Sunday running the ball. They really did and part of that was because they had decreased really the past couple of weeks the number of penalties, so they weren't falling behind the sticks as much and having to abandon the run as they had some other blowout losses earlier in the year where it was out the window after the first quarter pretty much. But I was it gives me hope, reflecting on that first half against the Eagles, to know that they can do it, and oh.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 3: I won't forget my thought. I will.
Speaker 4: That's why I say.
Speaker 8: What it says to me is that, especially if michaelccarthy's talking spicy like that, they not trying to just roll over.
Speaker 3: And I also too think it's just me.
Speaker 8: I think it sends a message to your defense that you give a dang about them, yeah, and that you're trying to go forward and figure out a way to not have them lead them out to dry because, like you mentioned, Christy, if you can run the ball that well, if he does have twenty carries, twenty five carries and it's successful, that means you work in a clock. That means you're considering your defense. That means that you're trying to put them in advantageous situations. I think this defense can create turnovers this week, I really do. I think specifically on attacking their offensive line, I believe that they can navigate that and create some level of turnovers. Whereas that's forced fumbles or attackles for loss, I don't know, it doesn't matter. I think they can create turnovers this offense. Figuring out ways to maybe try to capitalize off those opportunities, it's going to be important. But I think it sends a message to the rest of your football team too, because with respect, they see the same film we see, and I think that a lot of them have seen that that Rico seemed like he was ready to take it, and so I was to take the take on most of the rep So I think it's a good step in the right direction for me.
Speaker 2: For him to have success. It goes back to what Jess was saying and what Jordan Lewis has been preaching all year. Though it's everyone.
Speaker 4: Who has to do their jobs.
Speaker 2: The offensive line, h Cooper, rush the receivers and going back to kind of the receiver talk. A little bit I'll give to Michael mccarth because I asked him a question about the separation.
Speaker 4: But I talked to Jalen Tolbert.
Speaker 2: In locker room and just asked him, like, how much more important is it compared to any other time is it for you guys as receivers to do y'all's job compared to any other time before? And he had said, obviously it's more important, but it's it's he kind of got down with what I was picking up what I was putting out, and he was like, it's more than just creating separation for you to get open, so running your route to win on your own, it's more about trying to run your route and creating separate ration for other guys, and it's also about you know, maybe blocking and doing things like that to give other opportunities to other receivers. So I think that that's something that they had really been struggled with per Jaalen Tolbert. But I feel like they've started to kind of get the sins of okay, like every little detail matters now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I did want to point.
Speaker 9: That out and the tight ends blocking and the running game as well, because you say you point to the offensive line. Yeah, the we haven't seen as much twelve package meaning one back and two tight ends in terms of like really you know, grinding it out, you know a lot of ground game with that because they hadn't been getting it the titles.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know what, I'm about to throw it? Why because we sat here last year. I think I was over there, though I don't know. Maybe I was over it don't matter.
Speaker 3: I literally like screamed that.
Speaker 8: We talked. We've talked about the of twelve personnel and the lack of being able to do some of these things that you need to do to go heavy packages and stuff because of the.
Speaker 3: Tight ends not being able to sustain blocks.
Speaker 8: We already know that Fergus is going through what he's been going through, but Schoonmaker and Breven span four specifically like it's just it hasn't been enough and it's like all right, well that throws plays out. It does like I'm sorry, Like if you don't have tight ends that can sustain blocks, help in line and also to offer something from a receiving aspect right now, like I understand that Breven span fans Ford is still trying to get his feet under him, but Schoonmaker not being involved in this passing game has been very hurtful. Didn't know that Jake Ferguson has not had a touchdown this year. Shocking, it's shocking, but then it's not.
Speaker 10: Unless you've watched the games.
Speaker 9: But if I say Jake Ferguson going into the season, he's healthy, he's playing in all the games, he's playing nearly seventy percent of the snaps, and yet it's mid November.
Speaker 10: And he doesn't have a touchdown.
Speaker 9: Yet none of us wouldn't have taken that bet going into the season.
Speaker 5: It's frustrating more than shocking. It's frustrating because you will, all of us, we sit here week after we talk about red zone problems and issues and how can you solve that red zone threats? And you have your tight ends for a reason, you have your bigger body guys that at that point they act as a receiver and are able to shed those blocks to go make the play in the red zone, and that just has not happened. Like that's that's what's drives me crazy is the fact that you have the problem, but you also have the solution and you've just yet to utilize them. So for me, I question where the fault lies, and I think that goes across the board. I think it's coaches. I think it's players. But also I question, especially for a Luke scoon Maker evidence wise, where do you get to see that grow? Because you had that one game that Jake was out and Scoon stepped up and we all sat here and said, look, he did exactly what you asked him to do. He was your more consistent player during that game, and then Booth disappeared. No more Luke Scoonmaker after that. So it's frustrating more than anything. But at this point it kind of is what it is.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I can tell you that going into the game, speaking with personnel on the sideline an hour before kickoff last Sunday, the plan was for Schoonmaker and Brevin span Fod to get more reps. Remember Luke had only had three plays combined the previous two weeks. Because they're trying to take some of it off of Jake because he's, yeah, he's he's banged up and he's trying to work through stuff. And yet Jake still played what like seventy percent of the snap So they're trying us just didn't in circumstances, it didn't work.
Speaker 3: What's barnacles mingo?
Speaker 8: Some of I mean He's not tall as tall as a tight end, clearly not as tall as a tight end. But if you watch some of his special teams film and what he's doing, he can do it as a blocker. It's impressive because of his size and he has the wherewithal to do it even so, but also too in the usage that you can use, you can how you can use him. I think he can run the scene vertical routes. I think that he can do some things in the intermediate game. I think that he can take slints a little like Further, I'm not gonna sit up brand act like he's just gonna break a millions millions down tackles. However, if you can't get anything from one of your tight ends, I wonder if they see I'm very curious to see if they're gonna do some maybe some things with him being in line, like being closer to the line that's gonna being closer in the formation, or him doing some getting behind He can get behind linebackers.
Speaker 10: Like a tight end would.
Speaker 8: Now Dallas hasn't been attacking that side of the field. That didn't really do it as much this season of the scene route and stuff. But I say that to say, with Mingo's usage, I'm really wondering if they might try to do some tight end esque type usage things with him and maybe look for that.
Speaker 10: Production because of his body type.
Speaker 9: For because a lot of the viewers probably didn't get to see him play in Carolina, but body wise, it looks more like a Dez Bryant, yes, right, than a little Brandon Cooks or a skinny ash c.
Speaker 10: You know, CD Lamb is pretty and Mingo is just a little bit thicker body type, more.
Speaker 5: Like a Dozy's point, you just had my my wheels turning in my head. I wonder because you brought up, you know, both Scoonmaker and Brevin svan Ford's usage on special teams, I wonder if bringing a Mingo in kind of lowers that percentage that they're involved in special teams to kind of up that percentage on the offense, because I also feel like that's where you see most of your Titan usage right now, and you know, I think one or the other at that point would be okay, maybe it doesn't drop down like their percentage for special teams for both of them, but maybe for who they deem is tight end to at that point because that's still a question at this point. Who's your tight end to Is it Brevian or is it Luke? Right now? So well, there and there you go. And I I mean, I just wonder if that's gonna kind of facilitate you you use Brevin Moore on the offense and take him a little less off of special team.
Speaker 10: Yeah, thanks for bringing that up.
Speaker 9: I'll try and talk to Bones before the game and see what they have planned for Mango in terms of what he can contribute on special teams.
Speaker 3: I love that. I believe. I can't believe.
Speaker 2: Wait, yes, we do have a low point from Jess about penalties. Houston has the fourth most in the NFL right now. So we'll be looking at this.
Speaker 5: Okay, So here's here's my thing. And when I was looking this up, because you know, I'm the penalty clean something about those yellow flags. They hate to see me coming because I just love talking about them. Apparently have a type. It's red flags and yellow flags. Apparently, no, ma'am allow to that point. Houston seventy two total penalties this season. Guess how many yards that is? I just want you to guess. She said, twenty two seventy two? How many yards.
Speaker 10: I know they've got over four hundred.
Speaker 5: Over yes, six over six hundred, eight hundred less no less, barely over six hundred, barely six eighty, say thirty, keep going down, six fifteen down.
Speaker 10: Sixteen down, six eight to six, six oh four.
Speaker 5: Boom, six hundred. I was playing the price is right, pleeze, all right, But six hundred and four four yards this team has lost over the course of the season, seventeen of which false start penalties, sixteen of which offensive holding. So my brain goes to a Micah Parsons who seems to be very keen and drawing of those kind of penalties. OSA has been very good at it. Eric Kendricks also another guy that I think you can really utilize emphasize the the holding, get those priests now penalties because something that Houston has absolutely struggled with is obviously their offensive line problems, but specifically it almost makes you think, Wow, you're not the only team in the league that has offensive line presnat penalties. This could be a universal thing. And when they were asked about it, very much same tone as the Cowboys when they talk about it. Look, we'll look at it, we'll address it. But it could be a perfect, perfect feeding frenzy for your Micah Parsons, who is back, And yeah, I just wanted to point that out because he's great at He's great at those he is great at drawing those kind of presnap penalties. So for me, this is the game. I'm glad to see Micah back in. Of course, glad to see him back in any game, but to take advantage of something like that, there I go.
Speaker 7: Well, we got to take our second break.
Speaker 5: Heck yeah, heck yea your penalties?
Speaker 2: Yeah wow, we should not be that excited all right up next to me talking about Cowboys?
Speaker 4: What player will make you smile on Monday? In honor of.
Speaker 2: Visible Line in our dog segment, so my bag with more girls, Dog Boys Dog after the break.
Speaker 5: Love that the.
Speaker 12: Dickey family always mandated that the only police style sausage worthy of their restaurant must have high quality coarse ground beef and port rich spices and fresh natural casings. We still serve it to this day and it's so popular. Dickey Sausage has been named the official sausage of the Dallas Cowboys. The perfect matchup on game day Dicky's Barbecue Pit. No one out smokes us order at Dicky's dot com for groups called eight six six barber Cute. It's on the ribs.
Speaker 6: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing. Pepsi baby the yin to this Burger's Yang. Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of lettuce, every sesame seed on the bun, and every sip of that crisp refreshing ice cold coola a journey to foutopia better with Pevsi. That's what I like.
Speaker 7: At Jigsaw Dating, we obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, Dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: It's the official Min's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's Get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys v I pays Nation.
Speaker 5: Amanda Foster has been named your twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan, for her dedication to the team and spicing up the game. Vote for Amanda to be named the Ultimate NFL Fan of the Year dot com. I'm not laughing at Amanda.
Speaker 10: Vote for her, vote for him.
Speaker 5: Go vote for girl Amanda.
Speaker 9: Yes please, it was so cool to have her here last Saturday, two Saturdays ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she deserves our votes. You vote for her right now.
Speaker 3: I wish I could really like, don't zoom?
Speaker 5: Don't you do that?
Speaker 10: Don't really can we zoom?
Speaker 9: And Chris alright, it disappeared.
Speaker 7: Because y'all need to see.
Speaker 5: It's too long Okay, wait, what what was.
Speaker 1: I doing at time? I have no idea.
Speaker 10: I think it's probably when she hooted.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but we got it off four K.
Speaker 5: So it's no problem.
Speaker 4: All right, this segment, next segment, all right, every Friday, we'll be featuring Wow.
Speaker 10: I was about to say that, so wrong.
Speaker 2: I VISI Line has a segment that we will be bringing to you that will feature what player do you think will make you smile this week on Monday Night football? Let's go what player do you think will make you smile?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 2: I wrong?
Speaker 10: Thought about let's rock today?
Speaker 3: So I thought about it. Wait the door?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 4: What player do you think will make you smile this week?
Speaker 5: Y'all? Or make or make this face?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's gonna make you do this.
Speaker 5: That was gold.
Speaker 2: I'm glad I saw this. I'm sorry that's the group.
Speaker 10: It's home alone.
Speaker 5: I used the version. All right, we got to get.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna go with.
Speaker 3: What you got, what you got.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna go with Trayvon Diggs because I think that the defense is going to be able to create a little more past rush this week against the O line and Trayvon kind of getting back on track. What a great interception in the end zone that he's had and UH with UH And it's mainly been without Nico Collins, but c J. Stroud has been throwing the ball to the opponent a little bit more. And I know Collins is back this week, but I think that the Cowboys can maybe get things turned around on Monday Night in terms of increasing the takeaways.
Speaker 5: I love that. That's a really good one. I'm gonna go Cooper Rush. I know, a bit of an interesting pick here, but that's because I fully have confidence that what you saw last week in Cooper Rush was the more I've thought about it, the more I've watched, the more I've really studied into Cooper Rush. This week, what you saw was his preseason game last week. That's what we're gonna call it, his preseason appearance. And that's not actually what you get out of Cooper Rush, because genuinely, he is a great backup quarterback for this team. The guys trust him, and to me, I think you would know, you would absolutely know if Cooper Rush was not somebody that was well liked amongst the locker room. They have faith in him. And at this point, I'm just excited to see a better version of Cooper Rush and see what he can kind of develop and get into, maybe open up the packages a little bit more for some Trey Lance like we saw for Mike McCarthy. But I think until then you just focus on what Cooper Rush can do, and I really don't think you see the same version of Cooper Rush as you saw last week.
Speaker 8: Yeah, for me, I'm going to I think I'm gonna go with Carl Lawson.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 8: Either either they're going to because Laramie Tunzel is a heck of a player. I'm wondering if Zimmer goes because there's multiple players.
Speaker 3: To attack this offensive line.
Speaker 8: I don't think that Zimmer would just put Micah over there just because. But I think that Carl Lawson can draw some attention with his with his play. He's been slowly but surely as the season is going on, you're seeing more of that that pop off the line of scrimmage and some of the hand fighting. So I think that he might make me smile a couple of times, even if he's not getting the sack, drawing the pressure or being the decoy. Even so, so that is this that's my I like that.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go to Marvin Overshown.
Speaker 3: Because A and B gap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say just with Obviously, I believe that the front will go, will get home. But you have a guy like Joe Mixon who was held to a season worse uh in terms of yards per carry at one point eight last week against the Lions. And I think that the Marvin Overshown has been all over the field the really this whole season, and I think that he's gonna cause.
Speaker 4: A really big problem for Joe Mixing. So I'm gonna go demo.
Speaker 3: I like.
Speaker 10: That's interesting.
Speaker 9: Three of our picture defense has been lighting up.
Speaker 5: We'll shoot. Somebody's gotta somebody's gotta be a little optimistic over here.
Speaker 3: I do probably the screaming spear.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say that kind.
Speaker 4: Of well, this is great, guys. Yes, we get to our dogs segment.
Speaker 5: We pick a player and we'll go say dog, all right, we got one, Okay, let's do it. Pick one.
Speaker 10: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Wow Jonathan Mingo because yeah, okay, I mean just because with.
Speaker 10: The dingo because it rhymes with Mingo.
Speaker 5: It's giving Bingo from Blue.
Speaker 9: Took My Baby, you know that one from a Cry in the Dog I don't even it's an Australian wild dog. Okay, but it rhymes with mingo.
Speaker 5: I like that mingo dingo you got. I'm gonna go a boxer. I'm gonna go a boxer because they can be a little underestimated. I think sometimes for their strength, their loyalty, their abilities, and give them boxer because they can be one heck of a dog. I have half of well, half of one. I have a whole dog, but he's half boxer.
Speaker 4: So you heard Chris, not what you say. There's also a boxing match at the stadium. Wright.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I don't like to do a dog. We can just go wow.
Speaker 8: I can't think of a dog.
Speaker 5: Think of a dog. Yeah, I love.
Speaker 3: I'm screaming.
Speaker 5: That's a blue is a Disney cartoon. I've let my dogs watch it.
Speaker 3: One not I don't have a dog.
Speaker 2: Well, I google the dog because I ain't got no dog. So I had to really dive deep. I think it's called a Rhodesian ridgeback. I'm familiar with their strong, agile dogs with high endurance.
Speaker 4: That was bread to hunt lions in Africa.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, familiar familiar with d that's very funny. So that's a good one I would have picked.
Speaker 5: That's what's yours for him?
Speaker 3: Yeah, aren't you?
Speaker 8: And Esney shot, I'm just gonna go I'm gonna be very cliche, and I'm going with the roddy.
Speaker 3: Because they're very unsuspecting.
Speaker 8: But they have so many different ways that you can you can use them and what they can do and what they're capable of, and they will truck you over.
Speaker 3: And I think that he has the capability of trucking you over. Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 5: Love he mixed cap He wasn't great.
Speaker 10: This has been great.
Speaker 2: Uh. The Cowboys kicking off against the Houston tixis h town.
Speaker 3: We'll see on.
Speaker 2: Monday night, all right, right, sch Morrison, Jessnavarres, Christy Stales, Scales, Nicole Hudgson, see y'all.
Speaker 10: Oh my gosh, it's been a long week.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.