Speaker 1: Hour two Sean Hannity Show, Toolfrey, here's on numbers eight hundred and nine to four one, Sean. If you want to be a part of the program. You know, the country right now is, whether people are conscious of it or not, are going through a massive amount of reflection about what they're expecting out of their government. I mean, if you look at this lunatic running in Maine with his Nazi tattoo, and you know, a New Green Deal, radical, cradle to gray, womb to the tomb, socialist is I never thought Karen Bass and Los Angeles, the mayor out there is incompetent as she could be whatever be challenged from the left. You have this new Seattle mayor who up until defeating the incumbent democrat, another Mom Donnie radical socialist, slash communist, whatever you want to call them, and then Mam Donnie in New York. This is now and they're saying it, this is now the new model for the Democratic Party. Bernie Sanders said it. He wants to spread a nationwide Now. I urge everybody and the Green New Deal in AOC, who's the real leader in the House of Representatives will defeat Chucky Schumer. If she challenges him. But I want you to think of these things, those of you that look towards the government to be the answer to all of the problems in your life. Ask yourself and your town, in your city, and your state. How are your government schools doing now? In my free state of Florida, they're actually doing very well. And yet it is some of the lowest taxes in the entire country. But if you look at blue cities, blue states, it is atrocious. We spend nationally, per capita, more on education for our children than any other country in the industrialized world, and we have the worst results. How's that Obamacare thing working out for you? Keep your doctor, keep your plan. Average family saves twenty five hundred dollars per family per year. Millions lost doctors, millions lost plans. For over forty percent of the country, they have one Obamacare exchange option. If they're lucky, they have two, but neither one is any good. And you're paying a whopping two hundred and twenty five to three hundred plus percent more for Obamacare and it's not working for people. You know? How is that defundismantled no bail law? Reimagine the police working out in your blue city or your blue town or your blue state, not very well in most cases, which is why Donald Trump is sending you know, troops to places like Memphis and d C. And Chicago, et cetera to restore law and order. Now North Carolina, so a lot of people put their faith, their hope, their trust, their belief in government and putting aside the Department of War. I don't know that much that the government has a great track record of doing particularly well. Remember they told all of us that they would put your money that you have paid in all of your working life into a Social Security lock box. Well, those guys in Washington, with the decades have rated the lock box and it's headed towards insolvency, just like you know, Medicaid, Medicare and states, they're all headed towards insolvency because they've been mismanaged. And this is the lunacy and the false promise of socialism. I wrote a whole chapter live Free or Die Socialism. It's history of failure. You know. Now we're learning a lot about the Pacific Palisades. It's you know, over ten months later, nearly a year later, and where are we when we've learned new revelations thanks to the La Times and a series of articles that they've written, that days before the major fire, there had been a smaller fire. Firefighters alerted their battalion chief that there was still smoldering areas that needed to be monitored, and lo and behold, they were taken off the job rather than monitoring it, and before this reignited into the massive fire days later, thousands of homes destroyed, twelve people killed. And then we learned something else. We learned of incredible failure on the state local level in terms of they, for example, we had reservoirs specifically designed for fires that are predictable. In this area, wild fires are very predictable. They don't practice the science of forestry in California because of environmental concerns. In other words, they don't clear the kindling in the brush that is around you know, these homes, and that just adds fuel to the fire. Literally, we have the science of forestry, we have, you know, for example, they put in you know, we had fire hydrants that had no water, we had reservoirs that were empty, and all of this happened. And now we're being told, oh, yeah, they pulled out the firefighters before the previous fire was completely extinguished, which makes absolutely no sense at all. You might call at the time, Gavin Newsom. At least he was in the state. I give him credit for that. Who's confronted by a woman who's now working for Steve Hilton and trying to get him elected governor as a Republican which is a near impossibility of my view in the state of California. Remember, she desperately goes up to the governor and this is what the governor said, that was my daughter's school.
Speaker 2: Governor, please tell me what you're going to do.
Speaker 1: I'm can hurt of my promise.
Speaker 3: I'm literally talking to the president right now to specifically answer the question of what we can do for you and your daughter?
Speaker 4: Can I hear it?
Speaker 5: Can I hear your call?
Speaker 1: Because I don't believe it?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, can I There's literally I've tried five times.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm walking around, Jamake, I'm a president not taking your call because it's not going through. Why I have to get self service. Oh, I'm talking to the president literally right now, and can I hear? Well? I'm trying to get the president interesting answer, and of course Karen bass Well, she wasn't even in town. She was at the swearing in of the new president of Ghana, an event I'm sure that obviously requires the attendance of the mayor of Los Angeles. But here's what she is being peppered with questions upon her return, and she is very, very detailed, very articulate answers.
Speaker 2: Do you owe citizens and apology for being absent while their homes were burning? Do you regret cutting the fire department budget by millions of dollars?
Speaker 4: Madam Mayor?
Speaker 2: Have you nothing to say today? Have you absolutely nothing to say to the citizens today? Elon Musk says that you're utterly incompetent. Are you considering your position, Madam Mayor? Have you absolutely nothing to say to the citizens today? Her dealing with this disaster? No apology for them? Do you think you should have been visiting Ghana while this was unfolding? Back homes.
Speaker 1: Thing, not a peep joining us. John conn Breitbart Editor, by the way, the artist behind the hit song Fighter that brought America's resilience to life. Following the attempted assassination of President Trump, he lost his house in the Pacific Palisades fire, and by the way, I had a guest on last night and said, not one home has been rebuilt. Not one. Also with us, Senator Rick Scott of Florida, listen to the victims and witnesses of the Pacific Palisades fire who are being suppressed and shunned by the entire state. Welcome both of you. John Let me first offer my deepest condolences. I'm so sorry. The mayor, the governor all said they'd expedite these permits. My understanding is nobody can get a permit. What's happening out there.
Speaker 5: It's very difficult right now, Sean, thanks for having me back. I just want to thank Senator Scott and Senator Johnson for leading this crusade to get to the bottom of this. It's stunning to me that two Republican senators who are not even from the state are the ones the charge to get to the bottom of what happened to what is essentially a Democrat thronghold of the Palasage with all the Hollywood folks. But from what I understand, it's insane to get a permit. People are wrestling with insurance. I was back in LA a couple of months ago and my neighborhood has completely leveled still, and there almost seems like, you know, it's this ram Emmanuel quote about never let a good crisis go to waste. It almost feels like between the insurance companies and the local government and state government that they're trying to break the collective will of the Palisadians, and sadly from the folks I've talked to you that are there right now. I'm currently in Nashville. It seems to be working because people are throwing up their hands saying, I don't want to start my life again in two or four years. I want to start now.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I don't know what they're supposed to do now. I'm very fortunate that I live in the Free State of Florida. Senator Rick Scott was governor of the state, and he was phenomenal in the midst of many crises, including natural des including how many hurricanes did you have when you were a governor of the state of Florida, Don, I had.
Speaker 4: Four major hurricanes. One arm was bigger than the state of Florida. I went out John. First off, I just will tell you my heart goes out to you listening your home. I watched this after hurricanes and and the fact that you know the local and state government doesn't do anything to help you is just you just get the whole community restarted. I went out there and met with Spencer Pridde in August, and I just was shocked. I mean, street after street, there's just nothing. I mean it just burnt down home, street after street after street, and there's like there's nothing happening. There's there's there's almost no construction. And so you know, we're gonna look. My my goal is to get to the bottom of this. Number One, it's unfair to these families. Number Two, the federal government has spent a fortune on wild wildfire suppression. This should never ever have happened. Ever and then there and then as we know that there was a fire, they they left before it was put out. I'm not a firefighter, but I've been around when they put out. We have you know, the Everglade catches on fire a little bit, you know, every year or two. And we spent a lot of time there putting water and water and water and turning over the dirt, and they said it was smoldering. Then they left and then not fill up the reservoirs. Spencer craze. There's a there's a reservoir three doors for his house. He always thought it was full of watering and there hadn't been any water in forever, he said. And then the other reservoir they it was empty, the big reservoir for the palace. So the firefighters that did, they came, I mean, there was no water for him. And then you heard from these residents there was no plan. There's no evacuation plans, there's no evacuation routes. And then you can't get a permit to rebuild. I mean, this is so unfair. And then the state insurance plan, right, it doesn't cover your costs, Spencer says. Spencer says, you know, the money he got will barely pay for pilings for his house. And then they change the rules for what you have to build now so much more expensive, and his property taxes are going to go up. And of course if you can get property insurance, you know, which is very difficult because of you have a new simbel what he's done to the states, and church companies don't want to do business there. He's feel so sorry for the people. So we had great we had six you know, victims out there, including Spencer, and then some people from the audience typed up and brought the issues they had. So you just your heart goes out to what's going on out there. Just it's just empty shot. It's just you're just shocked. It's just nothing built. It's just a burnt down areaful a centater.
Speaker 1: I've known you forever, We've been friends forever. When you were governor, We've became very good friends because you were always visiting New York with Bobby Jendle and Governor Rick Perry, and you were all up in New York and you were you were courting businesses to move to your respective states, and you were very successful at it, let's be honest. And it cracked me up because every time you guys were in New York, I put you in studio and we became good friends. And I'm honored to have you as my senator. And if this happened and you were the governor, where would we be right now? First of all, these are predictable wildfires, predictable Santa Ana wins. I know because I lived there in the eighties. I know all about southern California well, and you.
Speaker 4: Know Sean, they did. It's like we do prescribe burns on our state property. So what you do is you get rid of the brush because if you know it's the rushing to get there and it gets right, it's going to catch on fire. Shocking, Right, in California, they have all this brush that they don't get rid of the brush. You have you have to do that.
Speaker 1: That's called forestry. You can get a degree and then from so many schools around the country.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they just let them. And it's around these beautiful areas like the Palisades and Malibu and this stuff, and so they just they it's a tinderbox. And then they're they're shocked. And then they were saying that because put so much money because she I guess she wants more homeless people in California. So you have homeless people out there, and they'll they'll start a right because they're trying to stay warm when it gets when it goes down. So sometimes that's what starts to this stuff. So but it's like it's no one cares. It's like fast and newsome. You know, whatever the system is, they don't care if they don't show up. The other thing, Sean when I had a hurricane, I showed up. I got six million people to evacuate before.
Speaker 1: Not only I know for a fact, not only did you show up, you didn't sleep, you worked around the clock. You didn't leave. You didn't leave people hanging. People were taking care of you know, before, during, and after, and the follow through was complete. You'd never gave in.
Speaker 4: No, these are people right, You're like, my goal was nobody die, nobody die, keep them alive. We can rebuild everything. You're gonna have a hurricane. I can't stop the hurricane. And then what we did. Then, what we did is we help people rebuild as quickly quickly as you can. I mean, this is this is what John ten months since the house is burned down, and so it's almost like nothing like him ten months nothing.
Speaker 1: Let me ask John, John, how many homes have been rebuilt? And do you also have to pay your normal property taxes on these properties?
Speaker 5: Well, they gave us a little break on the property taxes. Thought with how much you pay normally, it's not a break for the land you can't do anything with. And what's worse is you have to hold onto your insurance policy. So now I'm paying for a year of insurance a couple thousand dollars or so for in case somebody stumbles onto my dirt and falls reliability.
Speaker 1: Let me come back to both of you, because this is too important. I don't want to rush through it. If you both can stay just like five more minutes, I promise we'll get right back to you. Eight hundred and nine four one. Sean will continue with John conn and my Senator Rick Scott of Florida. I mean, it's taken Rick Scott in Florida to help the people in the Pacific Palisades. Pretty spectacular. We'll continue. Ya listens to Sean Hennedy and he's on on on right now, all right, we continue. I mean, it's unremarkable to me. We are ten months out. You know, the before we had empty hydrants and empty reservoirs out in California. There's no the science of forestry was not practiced in the state of California. Rather, and in California, you know, all these homes burned down, twelve people dead, and people have to still pay an enormous amount of money for insurance and property taxes even uh and they cannot get a permit to rebuild their home. And their life. It is a spectacular failure. I applaud my Senator Rick Scott were going out there and trying to help the people of California because the government out there is that incompetent. But John con Breitbart editor, lost his house. I was asking you before the break about you know, you have to maintain insurance on the property even though there's no house there, and you have to do you have to pay some property taxes also, I wasn't quite clear on that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you do. I mean they waived some of it.
Speaker 1: But it's still what do you mean waves some of it? I mean, how much do you have to spend a year for your burnt down house?
Speaker 5: Well, it's it's about I think I own like another ten grand in a couple months.
Speaker 1: And I'm sorry, how much do you spend a year?
Speaker 5: Well, that's that's what I owe in a couple of months. I think it's about ten thousand dollars for property tax and that's.
Speaker 4: With a break.
Speaker 1: They're charging you ten thousand dollars in property taxes, but they won't give you a permit to rebuild your home. You've got to be kidding me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: In the thing and how much do you pay annually for the insurance for a home that doesn't exist on that property?
Speaker 5: Well, that's that's about I think it was about fifteen hundred. That's just in case somebody stumbles onto your dirt and tricks. That's for liability.
Speaker 1: So eleven five hundred dollars a year year. And now on top of not having your home, not getting a permit, having to find in another place to live. Now you moved to Tennessee.
Speaker 5: Correct, I'm in Nashville now, yes, are you going back?
Speaker 1: Are you going to sell your lot and probably lose a fortune on that end of this deal?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 5: I don't know yet, Sean. I mean the problem is the insurance is a big problem as well, because it's like whack them all with like for State Farm, it's whack them all with their adjusters. You start dealing with one and then they switch to another one. I think I've been through five, and every time you have a new one, you have to start over and they have to get familiar with your case. I don't have my money. My house is to rebuild. My house would be well worth well over the cap that they owe me. But they're delaying and delaying and delaying, so until you know what money you are going to get, you don't even know if you can rebuild, so you can't even apply for a permit.
Speaker 1: Let me go back to Senator Rick Scott, Senator, honestly, you do such a great job for us here in Florida. I really do applaud you for trying to help people out because this is this is an unmitigated disaster. And you know all about this because there's there are wildfires. But we've practiced forestry here in Florida, so you mitigate the damage. And you're all over natural disasters as governor, and the same with Governor DeSantis. You guys are all over disasters. We're the best at it, uh to be honest, and we get we get a lot of natural disasters out here, Sean.
Speaker 4: The other issue that John's deal with them people have Palin States is you have to apply for a permit, and it's not cheap. It's not like five bucks. What I was told there was tens of thousands of dollars to apply for a permit and they've barely given they've siding, you know, John, what I was told is they just in permit fee. So far, they've raised thirty million dollars and just like a couple hundred people have gotten permits. When I was out there last week with siner Ron Johnson doing this investigation hearing, there was almost no houses being built. And when I talk to people, they said, well, if they are building the house, they got that permit before before things were burnt down. So I don't know if that's what you're hearing, but it's also thousands of dollars. And then that they've changed the rules on what you have to build, so it costs way more money to build, all right. And then they've ruined the insurance market, so the insurance never covers all the costs. So it's it's like it's like it's everybody that it's like the whole government's against the Palistates.
Speaker 1: And then there are people Senator, and I know you have to run in a minute. That's why I'm going to ask you one last question. And then there are people now pushing and you see this all over the country cradle to grave, womb to the tomb zoron Marxist Kami Mumdani politics. We see it in Seattle, we see it in Maine, even La Mayor bass is being challenged from the left. I mean, if she's if she's not left enough, I don't know. I mean, this is insanity to me. Nobody should die. If I was in call point, get out leave now. Well, a lot of people already have.
Speaker 4: Well you know when I when I became governor back in twenty January twenty eleventh, you know, very few people from California were moving. Actually nope, we had lost more people in twenty ten because the economy is so bad in Florida. So we add at one point seven million jobs down as governor. But I recruited people like you said, New York. It was easier in New York and New Jersey.
Speaker 1: You were, you were, It was hilarious. I saw you up there all the time. We became best friends.
Speaker 4: But I went to out to California. We ran ads for Perry and I ran ads out there. But now there's so many people leaving California and thinking about California is beautiful, but it's it's you know, unless you're wealthy, you can't afford to live out there, or you have to be really poor where they give you everything for free. So think about this. The taxes are so high. But their schools are not as good as Florida. The universities are not as good as Florida. The law enforcement, right, you know, they don't like their law enforcement. They want to defund the police. So Bath hates you know, you know she you know she's cut the you for the fire department. You realized that before the fire.
Speaker 1: That was a brilliant move to Senator. I'm going to keep my word and let you go at your schedule time. Thank you for being with us. We appreciate you taking the time, and I'm grateful that you are my senator here in the Free State of Florida. Thank you, John. I'll give you the last word, and I want to just echo what I said earlier and what the Senator said. I feel so sorry for you and your family. I really do. My heart goes out to you. This is exactly what I try to warm my audience about. Do not put your faith, your hope, your trust, your belief in government to be to get anything right, especially out there.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I appreciate that, Sean. I mean one thing with Senator Scott said that really moves me in the wake of something like this. He said, where are they? Where's Gavin Newsom, Where's where? Where are our leaders?
Speaker 1: He's in Texas grand standing so he can make his run for president, that's where he.
Speaker 5: Was, Or in Brazil or on x with some you know adolescent Twitter stream while people are trying to figure out how to rebuild their lives.
Speaker 1: Is Adam Schiff out there doing what Rick Scott and Ron John are doing?
Speaker 5: No, and neither is Padilla. And we haven't heard hide nor hair from those guys.
Speaker 1: And like, wait a minute, they're Democrats, right, Aren't they supposed to be compassionate? Aren't they the ones that preach that they care the most, that they have a monopoly of compassion for people.
Speaker 3: It really is, you.
Speaker 5: Know, it's so fascinating about watching Gavin Newsom is there's this distance to him. It's almost, you know, I hate to say it's sociopathic. How he can you know, claim to be ready to lead the country when he's left his own citizens out to try He's not there where How many times have you been to the pala Fates. He's in Brazil getting climate change recognition and.
Speaker 1: It's really I'm a change And he doesn't practice simple you know, forestry science, and he doesn't have reservoirs. You know what his answer was on reservoirs and being empty and fire hydrants being emptied. Oh, you're going to have to ask local officials about that. That's not I'm not in charge of that. Where does the buck stop out in California? I would think with the governor.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a million gallons in that reservoir that weren't and it was empty. A million gallons they could have had of water.
Speaker 1: Well, I wonder how many homes could have been saved if they practiced the science of forestry, because you have predictable wildfires. They have a wildfire season and predictable Santa Ana wins that you know you have those every year too. Correct me if I'm wrong. So they should have been prepared, shouldn't they have?
Speaker 5: I think so? I think so? And I heard something this morning. I don't know if it's confirmed yet, but now the state is claiming immunity for many wrongdoing responsibilities because supposedly they were unaware of that smoldering fire just after on January first, and yet it just came out. I read that they sent a state park representative to check it out that early that morning. So they're getting caught. I think there are these after fire reports and some of these reports that's coming out are really going to chefs in mine on all the negligives from both the state and local.
Speaker 1: John. I just mean this from the bottom of my heart for you and all the victims and the families that lost loved ones as well. In this. My heart goes out to you, man, it really does. This is an unmitigated financial disaster for most people that live there, and I'm so sorry. You have my deepest sympathies that you have to live through this hell as hell.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you, Sean. You've always been really good to me, so I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Hang in there, buddy, God bless you. Let's get to our busy phones. We'll start in Miami, in the Free State of Florida. Charles on the Sean Hannity Show. What's up, Big Charles?
Speaker 3: How are you, sir Ah, I'm doing pretty good. Hey, Sean, you're having problems with your blankets. Maybe you ought to have them screenprints your name on them.
Speaker 1: No, it's not a matter of that. I have a problem that my name is on them. I have two wonderful children that are the you know, the greatest gift God ever gave me and my children come visit their dad. They're very close to their dad and I'm honored that they are and houses. So what they do is they say, Dad, can I have this? Well, what am I supposed to say?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: It makes it tough.
Speaker 1: Wait, I made It's not just tough, it's it's impossible for me to say no. I can't say no to my children on stuff like that. Now, if they ask me for something ridiculous, the answer is hell no. But you know they want a bubble cuddle blanket because they like it that much. It's theirs anyway, what's on your mind?
Speaker 3: Well, I lived in South America. I lived in Venezuela actually in the nineties into two thousand and I got out two thousand and five because it was a slow motion train, right. You watched them vote this guy in, and you're telling everybody, don't vote for him, don't vote for him again, don't do this, don't do that. And they kept doing it. And my neighbor's property got confiscated by the government. He was an Englishman, had a cattle ranch, and I tried to get him to confiscate mine because the World Court paid him out of Petroleu State Venezuela. I think he got two point three million dollars for property worth three hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: Right. Well, I mean, I'm just going to tell you we've seen you look at Venezuela, Latin America one of the richest countries and incomes Hugo Chavez, and now it's one of the poorest countries and it continues under Maduro. It's sad. I mean, I can't tell you how many people I know the fled Castro's Cuba, and I've met with them, I've sat with them, They've told me their stories and the same thing there. I mean, Cuba should be I mean, it should be one of the richest islands around. It's so close in proximity to the US. But you know, a lot of smart people in Cuba said I'm out of here, and they came to America and having come from oppression and tyranny and even you know, threats against their lives and confiscation and property and all that they've experienced. You know, I find that the people that live under those systems that come here often appreciate the gift of liberty and freedom and the American dream more than Americans, do we take for granted that which was given us as our birthright, we take it for granted. The people that lived under different systems that come here, they seem to appreciate it more, which is often the case.
Speaker 3: Well, you also run into the ones that have been so indoctrinated, some of the Cubans that are here having so indoctrinated that they always want to tell on their neighbors about doing this or doing that, because that's what they do to survive in Cuba.
Speaker 1: Is I get it? That's all very real, one hundred percent real. Uh, my friend, I have to run. We'll take a break, we'll come back. We'll have more of your calls on the other side. Eight hundred and nine four one sean our number if you want to be a part of the program. We got a great, great Hannitay tonight nine eastern on the Fox News Channel. As we continue