Speaker 1: Hey, parents, If you love our podcasts, you'll love the Lingo Kids app We've got more than one thousand games and songs that'll make learning fun for your little one.
Speaker 2: Try it today, Rise.
Speaker 1: And shine everyone.
Speaker 2: Oh no, what's wrong, Cowie? Why are you upset?
Speaker 3: Since feelingly nervous? Why?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 3: Because today is my very first day of school?
Speaker 1: Oh, going to school can be so much fun, Cawie. Welcome to Storytime by Lingo Kids, where we discover fascinating facts about the world around us and the fun of play learning. Today, let's help Cawie get ready for her first day of school. But before we continue, Elliot has something to share.
Speaker 4: Hi, it's Elliott Here. Do you know what your superpower is? Here is our big news. We're starting a new podcast. It's called Growing Up. With our host Emily. We'll find out what it cakes to be anything you want.
Speaker 2: This is so exciting, Elliott.
Speaker 1: In the podcast Growing Up, you can meet real actors, musicians, firefighters, doctors, football players, and others. They will share secrets of discovering your superpower as you are growing up.
Speaker 2: Just search for Growing Up by Lingo Kids.
Speaker 1: Now, let's go back to help Cowie get ready for school.
Speaker 3: But I don't want to go through school. It's scary.
Speaker 2: That's okay, Cawie.
Speaker 1: It's completely normal to feel scared before we do something we've never done before. Sometimes it helps to talk about what you're scared about. It can help you feel better. What scares you about the first day of school?
Speaker 3: I don't know anyone there. I don't have any friends at school.
Speaker 2: You don't have any friends. That's school yet.
Speaker 1: Meeting new people and making new friends can feel scary at first, but it is also part of the fun of going to school. After all, how can you make new friends if you don't meet new people.
Speaker 3: That's true, I guess so I do like making friends.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there will be new people that would love to be your friend. You are so much fun to play with.
Speaker 3: Uh, thanks, Lisa.
Speaker 2: Are you feeling a little less nervous, Cowie?
Speaker 3: A little? But I'm still feeling nervous about having to learn new things.
Speaker 1: Well, your teachers can help you understand them.
Speaker 2: They're there so you can learn new things. That's their job. Plus, you love learning new things, right, Calie? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I do, me too. We have fun learning new things all the time together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've learned about colors and shapes, be women in stem and so many other things. Well, at school you get to learn about all of those things and so much more, and you get to make friends while doing it.
Speaker 2: Doesn't that sound fun, Cowie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it does. It sounds fun. But I think I'm still nervous. My tummy feels a little funny.
Speaker 1: That's what you call having butterflies in your stomach?
Speaker 3: What How can she have have butterflies in her stomach? How did they get there?
Speaker 2: They're not real butterflies.
Speaker 1: It's just what we call those jittery feelings that we get in our stomachs when we're feeling nervous about something.
Speaker 3: You I don't butterflies flapping around them there?
Speaker 1: But did you know that those jittery feelings aren't always a bad thing?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Well, many times they give us the push we need to do something difficult. Can you think any times when you've been nervous before doing something fun or exciting.
Speaker 3: I always get nervous right before a soccer game. I get nervous when I'm playing a hard level in a video game.
Speaker 1: See And most of the time those nerves go away and you have fun doing what you were nervous about.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 3: It's exciting when I score a goal, and it's exciting when I win my video game.
Speaker 1: People experience those nervous or worried feelings.
Speaker 2: All the time.
Speaker 1: Truth is, it can be negative, for example, when you are running late to a birthday party, as well as positive, like when you are really excited about something such as your first day of school. Now I have an idea, Cawie.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: Instead of seeing it as something scary, trying to see it as excitement.
Speaker 2: So instead of thinking.
Speaker 1: I'm nervous or scared to make new friends or learn new things, you could think I'm excited to make new friends and learn new things. Just changing the way you think about it can make you feel better and more confident.
Speaker 3: Wool, I guess there's really nothing to be scared of. I'm pretty excited to go to school. I'm excited for you, Cawie, me too.
Speaker 1: Now that you know this, Cawi, maybe you can help some of the other new students feel better.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there are a lot of other.
Speaker 1: New students who are feeling the same way you're feeling.
Speaker 3: That's a good idea. I'll help others be excited and not scared.
Speaker 1: Great will help you pack up your things so we can take you to your first day of school together. Hooray.
Speaker 3: Thanks everyone for helping me get ready for school.
Speaker 1: Lingo Kids listeners, thank you all for helping Cawie get ready for her first day of school. We had a great time today learning about stress and how to cope with it and use it to our advantage. See you in our next episode either way.
Speaker 3: Now you can read our podcasts.
Speaker 4: If you really like us, give us five stars, help us breath or