Speaker 1: In today's episode of the Command Center podcast, we recapped a Falcons game, right, Fred victory victory is right, and we talked about who did their job construction worker, accounted, Janitor, they tell you who they all are on the team. And then Fred, you finally got a win in fantasy, Man, it had to happen.
Speaker 2: Maybe good week for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Caroline said that she gave it to you. We'll see if that's sure or not. Check that out. In today's episode, Welcome in the Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan Paulson here with Fred Smooth and Santana Moss.
Speaker 2: Fred, Helen James.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Fred, how's the hamstring doing? Man?
Speaker 3: And well, you know what, I'm okay at our race yesterday, I know you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: How are you feeling that?
Speaker 1: Feel great? Actually? Not proud?
Speaker 2: You feel a beat?
Speaker 1: You? I know, I know a lot. He should be proud. He should be proud. I mean for a guy, well, for a guy who doesn't do anything.
Speaker 4: Logan wasn't like a runner like look wrong, Logan is a ty end.
Speaker 1: Like a buffalo.
Speaker 2: Logan look like he can just be a tackle.
Speaker 1: Yeah he was so big man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm shocking guy out their face, like you can tell you could tell Logan training.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I thought I will say this if I had, if I had cleats on and I warmed up your toast because I watched the video Tanna took and I still was holding the football. What was I thinking?
Speaker 2: I'm looking back at you, dude?
Speaker 1: You were I was like, you know, like because you're always talking about your feet all messed up and stuff, Like I was out there today. I was impressed. Man, were you impressed in her?
Speaker 2: Or were you like I wasn't, like he said over there.
Speaker 4: Look, honestly, I was impressed both of y'all when I did and did it. Yeah, because bro, look at it our out like you. I'm just not racing nobody. It's a different I was.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I didn't touch the top end there because I was just like, don't pull a handy, don't don't pop in a Killer's.
Speaker 3: Got a shame that play it such a high level that we literally scared to go like all out.
Speaker 1: Man. If I if I had warmed up and like was in a sweat, I probably would, but like we literally and you were like you're like, let's just race, and you're like, no warm up and I was like.
Speaker 4: All right, folks, trying to realize you know, when I was sprinting back in college, and you know, because I try to stay away from it high school, I didn't want to run like that. But in college when I was spreading, I realized early that you had to run the race.
Speaker 2: Before you run under race.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I would get in my blocks and run the sixty and then while they getting ready to get you know, say, you.
Speaker 2: Know, take your mark, I'm walking back.
Speaker 4: So folks, for to realize, it takes more than just jumping out there. Now, that's that's guys. We've seen it done Randy Mosses and the other guys that you're just not stretched and just go out there and do a cheetah style, you know, top tier gears and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: I can't do it. It's so funny.
Speaker 2: I don't play with that stuff.
Speaker 1: You mentioned that, because, like I was, I do a coach track athletes style, you know, part time. And one of the things that came out is like you do you study like Usain Bolt justin Gallon, and before they run the hundred, they'll run ten hundreds and they kind of rate them up. So it's like oh, we're going to do one at fifty percent, six fifty five percent, and then the last one they do is like that ninety five percent and then they hit the real race.
Speaker 4: He lathered you want your man lather. I'm ready to go, you know, lathered love it.
Speaker 1: And I guess Jason, our producer, just said, you can watch the race on YouTube. Yes, watch the race on YouTube. And it's not it's not impressive. Let's just say that.
Speaker 3: It's most definitely a five for free oh man.
Speaker 1: And also I will I will say this too. I was a guy who said, you know, I'm gonna run it in with the integrity of the race. So our producer Jason was like, on your mark, you know one and Fridge two and he's going and I was like, oh, shoot, you know so you and I And right when Jason said, like, what did you expect to me afterwards, I was like, what did I what? Like? What was I possibly expecting there? It wasn't for a fair race.
Speaker 2: If I got to pull your jersey, chicky, I will.
Speaker 1: So in addition to the fun race we didn't, there was also a game, the Atlanta Falcons game, which I I don't know. High level thoughts guys, what did you think about the game. We'll start with Tanna.
Speaker 4: When I came into the game knowing how well coached Atlanta was, so I didn't I can't say I expected the worst.
Speaker 2: I was just hoping that we matched their intensity.
Speaker 4: You know, when you're playing on the road road in somebody else's backyard, man, you gotta come ready to go. And that's something the same thing that I said going to that Philly matchup in Philly. So I was pleased to see that we matched their intensity. I also was pleased that some of the things that I hit on last week, saying that we have to win the turnover battle, we did that.
Speaker 2: But what showed up more.
Speaker 4: Than anything is that when you playing games or playing these teams in their yard, you know you need something more. Somebody has to be special, and we got to spark from the special teams. Yeah, I think you know, Joyce Slide had a great game, and then seeing.
Speaker 2: Our old Reds.
Speaker 4: Come back, come back and go out there and spark the team with a nice my return I saw, I saw his thing give out like.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 5: It wasn't lathered was he showed his age, but it was just you know, I was talking to the special teams coach at the day and I was like, he was like, hey, how did you I say, Look, he did everything that I expected him to do.
Speaker 4: I just hate the fact that when you haven't done it in a while, when you get there, like you don't know finish, you know what I mean. So I'm looking forward to him redeeming itself and getting another one and punching it in soon, very soon.
Speaker 2: I don't know when.
Speaker 1: But it is different like when you aren't playing a lot because you're you're you, you're getting those moments and you see the open grass and your body is like not ready. You know what I'm saying, You're not ready? Yeah, Like I remember like catching balls, like after being on the bench for a while and then like just feeling like you're running in quicksand and I always like, as he had said, I'm not the mostly the fun guy anyway, So imagine that magnified a little bit. Makes it worse to.
Speaker 2: Think about it is. I enjoyed the explosion and see you your dex meum guy. I'm not about.
Speaker 1: Changing game, So this what we need say this though, he's not dropped a punt and so that is the most important thing for a punt returner. Now we getting to the next level of this with Channa always points out in his nuanced, excellent analysis, not this nonsense. I'm biased towards the truth. And as we talked about, yes, say friend, a paralypse will tell and you're telling them all the time. So Pretenna said, that's the most important thing. But then you want somebody who's got the juice to get you there.
Speaker 2: And so it was really nice.
Speaker 1: And you know, we can't give Jameson all the credit because that was a really well blocked.
Speaker 2: That's what I love.
Speaker 3: I love this game because it was a little bit of every facet on the reason they won this game. A little bit of offense in the first half, special team sprinkling all throughout, and defense end in the game. I love to see the turnovers. When you play a quarterback like real, I want to see you dominate him.
Speaker 2: And yes, he got three.
Speaker 3: Hundred yards passing because he got pits and he got London desa great wide receivers.
Speaker 1: Was impression.
Speaker 2: But but you you showed him you're still not ready.
Speaker 4: You're still not But like we said, though, you want a guy when you have a guy that's capable. You know, we came in that game seeing really that's capable. I told you I like the guy, you know, I like them coming out of college and or Cincinnati. I thought he did some great things coming out. But when you have a guy that's capable and young, forced him to beat you with his own you know what I mean. And so yes, he had three hundred yards, but he also threw three picks.
Speaker 2: And that's what we did.
Speaker 4: We made sure that we we got to that guy, b John Robinson because he was going to be the guy that we was trying to slow down him. And that the other those other two guys that three hundred muscles that they have in the back for you, ha, Bjohn you have or the other guy now jeer. So we slowed those guys down and say, okay, really you have it, you have what it takes beat us in the ara.
Speaker 2: Well, it's so funny.
Speaker 3: I could just see Bja right now pulling up in his car, letting the winner down slowly and asking somebody to do they have in a great pupan like listen, I think he's a great neal.
Speaker 1: But because Mustard, yes, yes, I see him doing.
Speaker 3: I can see him doing that commercial lean down very slowly. But I thought he I think the world of it got He's awesome. And for us to contain him the way we did, I thought that was great. And I think we got a lot of practice that containing him by trying to contain uh Saquon Barkley, I think they are the same guy when it comes to a talis you don't.
Speaker 1: Think no, I don't think so who you think so? To me?
Speaker 3: To me?
Speaker 1: With Jon, he's like in that next tier of like Christian McCaffrey, Like the way he runs routes. So like we we've been watching a lot of Saquon, you know, because we're getting ready for the game. And and the thing about Saquon is he's explosive, he's strong, he's he's got that kind of you know, ability to make you miss. But his vision isn't the same level as a guy like Bjon. Like Bijon is gonna find that whole, find that crease, make elevate the old line. And I feel like to a certain extent, you know, Squon's gotten better at this, but that's the thing that keeps him out of that elite, elite group for me, which is again right now Christian McCaffrey and be John Robinson, you know, and maybe like Nick Chubb put in their.
Speaker 2: Two even Swift like swift as swift is dangerous.
Speaker 1: But it's it's hard to evaluate Swift in my opinion, because when you weren't run behind the filial line.
Speaker 2: It's like who who's him behind the Detroit?
Speaker 1: And I feel like he's not been as effective. So that's why I would kind of again, you know, it's my opinion. And now, obviously Derrick Henry is a beast, but he doesn't have the passion right, so I would kind of in some ways, I'd put Squan and Derrick Henry in a similar category because they're both elite at something, but they don't have everything you want at the total. So so yeah, defensively, you mentioned this, and I think this is really good insight, Like we were able to contain them. The energy was much better. I love that. From the front, I thought the front linebackers defensive line played they play really well.
Speaker 2: Who knows the linebackers who.
Speaker 4: Seeing different guys in their game, man, I think I think they did a great job by you know, switching guys in and out and making sure they a fresh you know crew in there every time, and.
Speaker 2: That to me, I think that gives you a spark.
Speaker 4: Also, you know what I mean the defensively offensively, you need fresh guys out there, and you know, time and time again we see guys that just want to go out there and say, hey, mana we the guy.
Speaker 2: Hey, if you need a break, go get a breather.
Speaker 4: That's somebody else who's capable, more than capable, come in there and make a play for you.
Speaker 1: That's something that I was thinking about a lot this week, like if in the back end, especially a group of guys that's been a little inconsistent, you know, like getting Saint Juice out there, getting Fuller on the other side, getting Cam all kind of surrounding person who's gonna play the post, and then having kwand rotate in I only only played like eight snaps or ten snaps, but having him rotated in those situations, like just having some stability at those other pieces as opposed to all these.
Speaker 2: Records play more zoned man in this game.
Speaker 3: Why not play him in this game because now you're protected him by the calls and let him like I'm one of them people like this, I'm gonna look at the fem and I'm gonna say, you know what, I'm playing against Dasmond Realer this week. I can play him against Dasmon really, I'm sorry. I could play him against Daniel Jones. I could play him against all of these guys. But it's something it's kind of lopsided to me. You gonna play him against A. J. Brown and Jalen Hurts, but you won't play him against Dann Rialer.
Speaker 2: That bothers me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get you at that, And I think, well, the one thing I wanted to point out is, like, you know, I think the front played really well. Thought they played really consistent. There's still some inconsistency in the back end, you know what I mean just a little bit. And obviously obviously they made a lot of plays. What is what is your your thoughts on that group coming out of this game? And you know, like, because I do think that two picks from the secondary, Yeah, I thought there was a ton of like nice contested, tight throwing windows, but also there was, like I think about.
Speaker 3: The they could have had two more picks, don't forget the London Wrestle two balls away, one from Saint Juice from one from full I think it was so they played good ball to me, like they was around the ball. They made plays happen. We ain't never gonna stop everybody. We're not gonna shed people down.
Speaker 2: To no catches. That's just not happening.
Speaker 3: But I felt like they was in tune with the game, and I felt it was the first game this year that I feel like they felt good about the game plan.
Speaker 2: You know, I cannotways.
Speaker 3: Walks in a game and be like, you know what, we got the right play call, we got the right set up. Let's go out here and make some play.
Speaker 1: And it was a little different from a game plan perspective, and what they've been doing a lot of it was like single high kind of straight man here. We got a lot more. They've been running in a lot of cover too. But the disguises, like we talked about, were a little bit better, a little bit of two man, which was nice change at a little bit more pressure in certain situations. So I think, you know, as much as I thought, again, I thought there were some inconsistency in the back end. I thought they played much better. A couple things here and there to clean up. And you're never gonna play a perfect game, I do think the game plan by Jack and the defensive staff was much more comprehensive, and you could just tell the guys felt more confident, and I think that's important.
Speaker 2: Confident and more just settled. I'm good with it.
Speaker 4: They had a different energy. They had a bountce, they had a pepperie stuff, you know, man, And that's something I see. I think still some of the things that I want to see them clean up his just I see every now and then you get a guy or two behind them, you know what I mean. And if you're the deepest guy, you're the last result. You know, I've seen the one. This one guy, I'm not gonna call him out because he's back there and.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about him. So, like you know, Percy gives up, gives up, gives up a deep post off of what what we call like a Miami concept. You get a guy crossing to sit and then there's a post behind it and he's it's it's quarters right quarters coverage. He doesn't quite get out of his back pedal in time and it's a long foul ball they miss. I think it's the Van Jefferson, right, So that was like early in the game. I think that was like maybe in the first quarter. The thing I want to point out about Percy that I have a lot of respect for is after you go through and watch the film, they ran that same concept out of a different formation in the third quarter, and Percy identified it got out and was deeper than the deepest and they couldn't throw the football right. And so with a young football player like Percy, a guy that I think we all like player right, there's gonna be some growing pains. But one of the things I love is that in the game ranted once a man like you got you got it, ranted twice, I got you. You know what I'm saying. And I think that to see that growth, even in that setting, it's so so important.
Speaker 2: He's so fast, so aggressive.
Speaker 3: He's one of those players that he's gonna meet his peak when he slows down, like he needs to slow down and think through the process and then react.
Speaker 2: He's more react then thinking like so in the he's going to get better as he plays.
Speaker 3: He can only straighten that out by reps like it ain't nothing you can coach him. I tell him he's gonna have to take those bullets in games. I think with that is just yeah, I'm glad he was able to adjust, you know, on the fly. Like I say, Okay, I messed up the first time, but how many second chances do we get this game?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: So if that quarterback is accurate enough and he hits that guy, that's a touchdown, that now the momentum has shift on that favor, you know what I mean. So we're playing a game like so I'm I'm just saying so I've seen it enough to say that, hey, you know, we in week six.
Speaker 2: We need to clean this up.
Speaker 4: We need to know that we can't be in the game making easy adjustments.
Speaker 2: You've got to make it. Coming into the.
Speaker 3: Thing about it is when he gets to the level where he say, okay, you got me on the first one.
Speaker 2: I wasn't there, but you didn't hit it.
Speaker 3: Now, when he really takes it to the next level, he's like, Okay, now I'm finna bait you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I go back to it. I want you to go back to it, and now I'm gonna pick it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think, like again, like we've all played with young guys, right that have taken a couple of years to develop, and this is the first this is his first game this season where he's the full time starting time. Yeah, and so we got to remember that he's a young player from an experience standpoint, and I think we're all we're very confident what we've seen. We're very confident in his approach. But I think about young receivers you played with Taila, like they don't have it figured out right away, don't you know.
Speaker 2: I've been there.
Speaker 4: I remember my first couple of games back and now you know, I had a set back, you know, early in my career when I didn't play and I got a chance to see it.
Speaker 2: But even you know it from the sideline, you're not prepared to go out there.
Speaker 4: That speed is difference, and then you're trying to find your way of being the guy that you you know, what got you here. And I remember, like I was getting in games and they were throwing me balls and I was like, well, I don't even want it right, like honestly, like no, I'm just being.
Speaker 2: Real because I wasn't prepared. I wasn't.
Speaker 4: I wasn't I wasn't confident enough that I can make that play before the play came, yeah, you know, and then it just takes one time making the play and then you say, okay, I'm ready for it now. So I understand people have their learning curve and you know where they can get caught up to speed to say that, okay, I can play at this level like I played coming into this level or coming to this league. Yeah, but we also also know that they don't give you enough time for that. You got to know once you out there, they draft you, they want you ready. Yeah, they going they gotta society. Teams are going to attack and started already before teams are going to say, okay, what is he not good at?
Speaker 2: That's a tax.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think it's important, like veterans make mistakes too, Like you watched you watch, you know, there was a I think it was seventy nine defensive snaps like you're like, man, you know, like cam CROs should be a little tighter here, or this alignment by the defensive lines a little white, and so that hows. But you know, it's about kind of mitigating that stuff and limiting that. So offensively, what are we thinking here? That was a pretty I think that was a pretty good breakdown of the defensive side of the football. Offensively thoughts, you know, first half good, Yeah, second half not so good.
Speaker 3: Well, I thought second half was about three and outs down get on third down, yep. And the thing about it was you can't you can't keep the drives going if you can't complete third down. And I thought we had some some penities in there and some other stuff sprinkled in there. But I don't think we really saw the office in the second half, like we didn't see the offense, and I thought it was some calls in there.
Speaker 2: Did you want a second gifts at this time?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah. So let's add a little bit of context there because I think a lot of fans saying, oh, third down conversions, you know, like that, that's obviously like a key thing of football. Well, let's look at the game flow, right, So in the first half, I think they had two three and nine that they were able to convert, right, And you know usually you're about fifty percent with third long situations in the second half, and I don't think they converted one third and plus, which I would say plus five or plus six, right. So one of the things I would say about this is can you be a little bit more efficient on first or second down to manage that third down situation better, and so everyone says, oh, we need to run the football more on first down, But on a lot of those drives, they ran the ball on first down, they got them to second and ten, you know, or they got insplete passed on first down, they run ball and second down and it's third and seven. So to me, it's just about can you increase the efficiency of those plays? Like I look at you know, pffl's is all these crazy statistics, and one of the things that came out was like yards before contact and usually if that number is higher, you're running games more effective. Yeah, and our yards before contact is a team I don't know, if you want to guess, was point one which is not great? Yeah, which is not greater. It's like you're like right at the line of scrimmage. So if you want to run the ball more, I think you got to be more efficient in terms of the plays you're calling and the play design of those plays. But this offense is not built that way. It's built to throw the ball. So can we throw the ball to make better looks? You know what I'm saying better looks for them to run into because I think about that that Chris Rondriguez series in the second half where he's got the it was like a seven yard run, then a fifteen yard run, and then all of a sudden, I that in the third play in that sequence, like it's obviously they're going to run the ball again. Atlanta knows they're gonna run the ball again, and there's like literally nine guys in the box. They're like, cool, come on, bring it on. And so in that situation, it's like, do what you're good at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, throw the ball. Yeah, no, no, throw the ball.
Speaker 3: But you also got to realize when I line up and I walked to the walk to the line of scrimmage, and I got Kaleis Cambay.
Speaker 2: At two eighty at the defense being and I got the rest of this d line with Grady and the rest of these guys. They are built to stop the run. They're not pass rushes.
Speaker 3: Like khalais as good as he is at this point in his career, he's a run stopping defense.
Speaker 1: Well I mean he played de tackle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know what I'm saying. So he's a run stopping defensive end. So when I come to this and I'm coach b enemy, this defensive line tells me.
Speaker 2: This ain't a running game. This is a passing game.
Speaker 3: And I would I would have thought we would have did more screens and draws to get them going sideways, to tire them out.
Speaker 2: But running, I'm not running into that can.
Speaker 4: We tried a couple of times and you saw stale man, you saw running into the back of our own guys. And I think one of the things that I've watched you know, now what then, what we're up to. We're going into week seven, six weeks of it. You allude to this way before the season started, like it's not a must that we have to force the ball in these guys, really, but to run the balls to get that kind of effort out of those guys, Like when you see b Rob Steady scoring touchdowns because off of screens and you know, us find a way to give you know, a g the guy, you know, get him involved in the game and he's catching touchdowns.
Speaker 2: They're showing you that we can.
Speaker 4: Still be effective with these guys by finding ways to just you know, pitch the ball out to them and let them do the rest. So I'm not sold on the run game that much, no more as I was before.
Speaker 2: I do feel like it will help.
Speaker 4: Us down the road, especially when to times of like now, when it's starting to get cold, you want to establish the run. You want to be one of those aggressive teams, especially when you're playing a team that likes to fire off and get out to the quarterback, you know what I mean. So I just feel like when you can beat the team the way we've been beaten teams, kudos to us.
Speaker 2: But we do hope.
Speaker 4: I hope and going forward, whether it's thirteen personnel twelve person that find a way to get the running game involved a little more. But if the team that we're facing doesn't allow us to be that team, yeah, don't force it.
Speaker 2: Don't force the issue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, And I think you look at again, I look at the Philadelphia game offensively, and I say, that's about as perfect as you get. And they ran the ball, you know, I think it's about twenty times in that game. But a lot of quick game, a lot of move in the pocket and to tennis point, finding ways to get those easy throws. And again just to make you a little bit more efficient on the first and second down so that third down effort isn't so herculean.
Speaker 2: And then we also and I want to cut you off.
Speaker 4: As the quarterback continues to grow, some of those situations would be a lot better.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I think taking those sets at times it hurts drifts, you know what I mean. Like drive, I saw two sacks in one drive and I'm like, well there you go, Like whatever positive yards we got those two negative y'alls plays right there? You know, basically you back, I mean, you know, kick us in the behind. So I just feel like the more he grows and understand that, hey, even if I didn't get rid of the ball or I just throw it away, getting rid of it, it's better than taking that sack, because yeah, you hold onto the ball, but if you threw it away, we're back to where we were, not five yards deeper and making.
Speaker 1: It harder for us to get that first down. And you know, kudos to Atlanta. I think they changed their game plan at halftime. They got a little bit more true like cover two, which is what they thought they were gonna do. They played a lot of zone in the first half and Sam kind of kind of dice, so they gotten that two man look and honestly, like there were very small through windows does it.
Speaker 3: But see that's when Sam has to say, oh right, they're gonna try me into many. I'm gonna wait till everybody gets as far as they can down the field, and I'm gonna take off.
Speaker 2: It's when we in two man, my back is turned to you.
Speaker 3: If my back is turned to you, that means it's a chance that you can run into my back and not even know what I'm just saying. So Sam has to understand when I identify two man take off, don't.
Speaker 2: Worry about complete pays.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, So I think that to me, that's the difference between the first second half one is just you're not as efficient on third down because first second down efficiency isn't quite there. And then obviously I think Atlanta deserves some credit. They made some changes and it really negatively affected the offense.
Speaker 2: Atlanta is a better team than people get in.
Speaker 1: Brought that team if they had a if they had legit quarter back bad Kirk Cousins Right now, Oh my god, you think about how good they would.
Speaker 3: Listen to me, pitch would be a thousand youd tighty end. Drake London has to catch radius. This is what tall receivers give you. This bad pass catch radius. They can catch bad passes anywhere they're thrown, and Drake.
Speaker 1: London as went and I just think about, like we're digressing a little bit, but if Kirk's there right, obviously you're maximizing like that that one lately the game where there were we're in two man, the commanders are in two men, and Kyle's running the scene and Danny Johnson's carrying cole fits and desmin Ritter like throws like a back shoulder when Danny's like in the back shoulder, like if you put that ball out in front of him, like that might be a touchdown. Yeah, And that that's where like a good quarterback and ltry out and and Danny's not in a bad phase there. I'm just saying, like I think about Drew Brees with Jimmy Graham and how he's able to elevate all those guys because of ball placement, and that offense would be terrifying. That defense is going to be really good, and really it just.
Speaker 4: Shows you how much of having the right quarterback, you know, what he does to the guys and just your team alone, you know, I mean, like you know, playing a received position, it's just you know, you look at so many guys out there and you say, man, he's giving work like, let's safe. Safe man me off topic a little bit, Tyreek Hill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he goes from.
Speaker 4: Pat Mahomes to no one expected to her to be who he is right now. But that offense allows and would that offense allow him to be that? You don't see no drop off of his game because guess what, Tyreek is the vocal point. So you have to have a quarterback that's going to say, hey, at least I'm gonna get the guy who needs the ball the ball in his hand at the time in fashion you know.
Speaker 1: And also coaching, you know, maximizing.
Speaker 4: But coaching allow you to be that guy because they put you in the situations. And I mean, and I thought a j. Trill and Jeffuda played some ball out there.
Speaker 1: Do That's what I'm saying. That defense, yeah, is a good like that is going to be a problem. And if that offense was playing better, it would be even more of a wait.
Speaker 3: Till they get that one pass rush like they missing it one dude that hey, look at me, offense playing for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. All right, So let's get into the next segment here, which we're going to kind of kind of flush out our evaluation here, it's like who did their job? That was the big thing. Do your job right? So our producer Jason did an excellent job the other day, did you I did my job? You did it? Crushing it?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: We digressed after all right. So he went up and looked up the what are the the was the most most popular professions in America? Most popular professions in America? And we will assign those professions to people on the team. Okay with it? So the first one is construction slash demolition crew. Yeah, so what group did you think was the construction? You go individual, it's however you want, Yeah, however you want.
Speaker 3: So the militia construction I'm going. First of all, I'm going John Allen. He destroyed for four quarters, told the house down to the.
Speaker 2: Studs, and beat him up. That's what he did. I'm going to say them cos Me is this construction guy because he built him up.
Speaker 3: On the office, nobody talks about saying this is what I love about office line.
Speaker 2: When they don't call your name and they don't talk about you.
Speaker 3: You did your damn job, Sam Cosmy does his job weekend and week out. Because we never say anything about him. That offensive line built this team up. John Allen destroy at the Atlanta Falcons.
Speaker 4: I'm i'nn go with one guy, just one guy in particular. I didn't dive as deep as Fred do, but I'm going to dron Pain. I think darn Pain has showed us week in and week out. We were just talking about this. I was saying that Duran Pain and Jonathan Allen reminds me when I was in college and we had Reggie and myself.
Speaker 2: Now, Jonathan Allen to me.
Speaker 4: I feel like he's consistent, consistently, you're gonna get that same kind of just he's always just always there. And then you get Durron Payin, who's not next to him too. It's not like he's not being consistent, but every now and then he makes that super play. Yeah, he makes that unbelievable, that game changing game breaker play. And so I think, you know, when you watch this guy playing in the backfield, like we saw the player drew up where they got a guy coming into double team, he this first guy, you know you might have to beat that. Then he just showed the other guy like, guess what, I'm gonna play with you too, because you in my way. He just finds hisself in the backfield.
Speaker 1: All the time.
Speaker 4: For a guy to be that big, to be that fast, be that nimble on his feet, I mean he fits that, you know, he fits.
Speaker 2: That guy has just been a destroyer.
Speaker 1: No, I totally agree with that. Those guys are guys that I was gonna pick. And so I think you'd say the d line as a whole. But if I was going to kind of go a different direction, I'd probably say Jamie Davis and Cody Barton, Like this is Cody Barton's best game of his career as a commander. He was all over the.
Speaker 4: Somebody got into something.
Speaker 3: He was that man when he literally joke it was sorry to do or deep where would I fall?
Speaker 1: I mean I'm in the air.
Speaker 2: Yeah I gotta fall. I gotta land on somebody.
Speaker 1: Yeah you can't. I guess you can't hit him in the head because then he like literally like brought his hand down. Man. I'm with it. I'm with it. But when you slow when you we were watching it here Jason and I and when you slow play it, it's like it.
Speaker 2: Looks everything looks worse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like you know so, But yeah, I think Cody Barton did an excellent job peeling double teams, getting up in there being physical. Jamin I thought, like, like one of the first toss cracks of the game, Man, he's like fighting the full back off gets it on a play like those guys played really and obviously the pick for Jamie, you know, did it great. But I think that so you know we're talking d line, we're talking linebackers. I think that whole front really played with that energy that you were looking for, Tann. And so to me, like talking about building a defense in terms of the construction crew and then breaking down an offense, I think that whole front deserves a lot of shout out. All right, so let we get mixed. So we got the next one, which is an accountant. So that person that's just putting up the numbers, doing their job methodical every single day. I'll start with Tanna. Yeah, I'm gonna go with Terry McCluin. I knew, you knew.
Speaker 4: Terry is just a guy like you know, as a receiver. Everyone goes into the game. I remember I used to go into the game like let me get a hundred yards. But I have a banked on it because I'm like, I don't know if the scheme is gonna, you know, pretty ke gonna dictate to me to have this or my quarterback is gonna be on one where he can find me at times when I'm not in the progression to you know what I mean. But you see that time and time game each week, Terry has a way to just I'm going to grind these yards out. I'm going to get a first down here, I'm gonna get a loan here, I'm gonna get this five and six yard here. They just finding ways to get him involved and slowly, but Sholi, before you know it, he's gonna be in the tops of all these other guys because he's just the type of guy. He's that guy that soon the lady gonna get that one because when he gets in that zone, it's hard to stop. And we also know he's he's in the game with this little banged up toe. He've been playing and doing all this stuff with a banged upt toe. So I don't even think he has a clean bill of health right now. So he's an accounting he's a guy that's just chin chin put putting the money in the bank.
Speaker 2: One, two, three, four. You can count on b Rob. At the end of the day, b Rob is my account because every time he.
Speaker 3: Gets a chance to chi ching, he does it. Listen to me, he's a DB's worst nightmare. He's a better receiver than you think he is. He runs between the A gap B gaps, he gap. Whatever you need me to do, coach, I am accountable, I will be there.
Speaker 2: I will do whatever you need.
Speaker 3: And quite frankly, he needs the ball more like I'm one of those people and get the ball to the mate.
Speaker 1: And I think like he's proved a playmaking ability that maybe we didn't identify it. I mean, I think we knew because we didnt watching practice, but like you're seeing it is he leading the team in touchdown chasing and he looked it up. So to me, I think, like every game, every opportunity has he's making a player and making people write. I think that's an excellent one. Terry obviously is excellent as well. I was gonna use be Rob for something else, but I'm glad to use them there. So for me, it's Kendall Fuller Man, Like he's been so consistent, right, and it's not consistent in terms of picks. It's just like when you're looking at like when I'm doing ev ouse.
Speaker 2: Like him in a run game two weeks ago, and.
Speaker 1: Dude, and he was even in this game, he's making physical tackles in the run. He's playing the right techniques. And I think that's the thing. Like if I'm like, what is the dB supposed to do here, I watch how Kendall does and I'm like, that's how it should look. Yeah, And he has just been a model of consistency.
Speaker 2: From that generation dB, his grandmama play.
Speaker 4: This.
Speaker 2: Dude understands mentally how to play the game.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: He's a wise step you bet.
Speaker 4: I think when you get to the to the stage or to the time that he's in right now in his career, you know, you just things slow down tremendously, you know what I mean. And I remember playing here man with you, and you was you was young, and I was probably in my eleventh and twelve year Things were so slow to me, Like I would call guys out like Pier are you finna get the ball? And piercing that the line like all right, and I'm I run through there and boom, Pierre on the deck behind me. I saw the game different, So I can just assure you that that's what he's going through right now, Like things have slowed down. It's almost slow motion.
Speaker 2: And I think that's what's frustrating about us. When we retired. We are at the pinnacle of knowing the game. This is what I but our body.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 4: My thing is when you watch a guy like Kindle, man, it just shows you how how vital a veteran is to a core. You know what I mean, because think about it, we had all young guys and they was making some of those mistakes that we saw and for and sometime you see in Saint Juice. Without Kendle there, we'd being disarrayed. You know, they'd be like, damn, we need somebody to connecting, be solid enough or consistent enough that these guys can learn on the fly with him and say, see what this guy is doing, so we need to play a little more like that. So I love what he's doing, man, But he shows you that, you know, the older he gets, because he was like this young in his career too. Remember that first year he got beat up. Everybody was like, oh my god, this kid, he can't come the next year, come back with four pictures. You see what I'm saying, so he's showing you. Now, man, this stuff is so slow.
Speaker 1: I see it.
Speaker 2: Don't play with me, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I might not put four to three, but guess what when coaches protect me and let me do what I do, don't play with don't play with it.
Speaker 1: I think that's exactly right. Like he's because he's played within the scheme at a high level, and I think he knows what it takes chances, he knows when to be aggressive. Yeah, so for me just checking all the boxes for an the counting right, this one's just sing. I'm excited to hear what you guys have to say. The janitor right, they're they're cleaning up. They're kind of maybe a little unheralded, you know, like a guy that is a perfect guy.
Speaker 4: What you got, Curtis Sammy, Curtis Simul, I just told he's my unsigned hero right now. I think Curtis Samuel gets in the game. And remember we was talking about this offense, and I remember Fred talked about the whole entire offseason that it's gonna suit ag well because he's that guy that you saw in Kansas City that can come in and he has a little running back in him.
Speaker 2: He has a little receiver in him.
Speaker 4: No, but we had the guy here for that, Curtis Samuels. He's the guy with the little running back in him, a lot of running back in him, and a lot of receiver in him.
Speaker 2: So he's doing everything we saw.
Speaker 4: Number seventeen dude and all those guys in Kansas City was very special coming a game for though. You know, Nicole Harmon kind of plays. He's coming in and just putting up points. Every time he's in the game. He they find a way to get him involved and he scored touchdown. So I think he's the clean up guy. He's the guy right now, the unsoigned hero of his offense because he's not he's not, you know, a starter on the sheet, but when he gets in the game, he's the guy you need to be looking for. He's the guy you need to find. And I think eventually teams are going to start saying we need to find him more or double him, and those other guys are gonna start coming in and making those big plays because right now he's just been dynamic.
Speaker 1: Ya just real quick. We break down some of those We break down his touchdown on the Command Center show so makes you gotta check that ouf you want to see that.
Speaker 2: So my guy b C three p O and I call him ce cee cee to clean up. Cam Curl He's.
Speaker 1: I thought.
Speaker 2: I was, Like, the thing about it is Cam Croll just does it. Dude. Listen to me, we are so when you get used to something, it ain't special to you no more.
Speaker 3: We're used to Cam Curll just going out here and tackling and tackling business. He's he could be the best open field tackler in the NFL. It reminds me a lot of Brian Dawkins and the way he goes about making plasure. He is that dude to me, he is the janitor. Like I said, clean up on our six. Cam Curl is your man.
Speaker 2: He's the dude.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you right now, nobody on this team plays more consistent and he's very consistent.
Speaker 4: And I'm glad you brought up his name because you know he's one of my favorite players. But you notice something about Cam too also that you know a lot of guys when they make plays like the Ed Reeves, the brown Dogs, and people were like, it's one of those players you like when you saw that Cam just there and he gets about the gun.
Speaker 2: You know what's fresh about him?
Speaker 4: Like, damn how I mean, I saw play he made where we thought he was gonna be able to switch and then he ended up being in his own and played and played the Yeah, and I'm like, look at this, if you throw that ball inch a little wild he got for.
Speaker 1: Him, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So he's one of those guys. He just he's a magnet to make it. He make it look easy. He make it look easy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's it's more like his his intuitiveness that makes it go right.
Speaker 3: And I think, and I like Arkansas Razorbacks, like listen, hey, I draft them guys anytime.
Speaker 2: I like players from Arkansas and Dues.
Speaker 1: So for me to me, I'm surprised either one of you guys took this guy. And it's big John ridgeway Man. He probably had the best game of his career, duggant man. Yeah, probably the best game of his career so far. And it was just doing the dirty work. He's taking out the trash, he's taking on double team. Cody Barton's running the football. He's in like some weird position fighting off. Yeah, I mean, and he did a great job, you know, Like last year when they played Atlanta, you know, I thought he got the center of kind of took him to school a little bit, you know, And this year he was much more wop in position. I thought he elevates you know, John and uh John and out John and Payne excuse me, just by kind of taking up those double teams on those guys and you see how productive they can be. So he's a guy that no one's gonna be talking about except for on this podcast. But he had a really outstanding football game than Cowboys. I know, so much weird they did there all right, last one the cashier money in the bank, set your watch by him, right.
Speaker 2: Money in the bank.
Speaker 1: And this is gonna be tough because we use a lot of good players already. Gonna have to dig deep, Tan and to find somebody you like here, because I know you want to say Terry again, no, but you can't say it's the perfect guy.
Speaker 4: Okay, he used them, and I'm gonna use him for this one because I didn't he rob I got money, money, money almost he put the money you d like.
Speaker 2: We just talked about it.
Speaker 4: We're not getting to our run game that we expected We wanted to see b Rob with that ball tucked into his belly and let him do what he do. We haven't gotten to that, but he's still putting up points, he's still going into the game. He's in my fantasy. He's one of my guys that I don't have him as the primary back. I have that guy where he's just going to be special, you know what I mean, because I understand what kind.
Speaker 2: Of offense that he's in.
Speaker 4: He's probably gonna get more passes sometimes than he gets runs, get carries, you know. So now he's just been a playmaker. He's been a dynamic force. And where we just talked about later in the year when we do have to say, hey, let's put a different style of play in because now we're taking over these games where defensively we all together with sound, we're stopping guys. We're up because Sam has ben Sam finding ways to get it done. He's he's he's minimizing those mistakes of you know, holding on to the ball too long. Now we can stuff the ball in his belly and let him do what he do, do what he's been born to do. So be Robertson my guy. He's the cashier that I'm gonna always go to when I go to the bank.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you this, put the money in the bag. I'm going with Jamie David.
Speaker 1: A sack.
Speaker 2: This guy is quietly putting together a hell of a year. What is it about what I said? This question?
Speaker 4: What is it about that everyone seems to still want.
Speaker 2: To hate everywhere Yola I was listening to.
Speaker 4: It's like, he's not doing this.
Speaker 3: Because once they label you the first round guy and he's think about it if he was a sixth round and they'd be like, oh, he's out of his mom too.
Speaker 4: Is I think they missed They misinterpret what the linebackers are supposed to do. They people look at him and saying I want a London Fletcher. He don't play position.
Speaker 2: He's not a London linebacker. Outside linebacker very fast. We want to get to the sideline. Had finished about it? What to think about it?
Speaker 1: Is he.
Speaker 3: Nobody appreciate you into your gown. He's that type guy you never appreciate him to that. He gets hurt up something like that and you're like, oh, we ain't getting the same play from the linebacker. But I'm telling you right now, you go back and live through the first six games. Jamin Davis is in his bag. His bag got fat head, oh old face hunts, And I'm Benjamin Franklin. And this guy right here is playing better than you think. And if you don't believe me, go watch all twenty two. Yeah, you got a new Jamie Davis is in his baby.
Speaker 1: We have talked about that this offseason, about how he played really well the last four games. He just kept kept that going. And he's like super common and not just in run fits like, golly, you want to watch a dude who's fitting runs like a like a lunatic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my god, what's so crazy too?
Speaker 4: I'm watching the felm and and I love being able to watch this stuff after because you know, when you're watching it, you don't really get to see something.
Speaker 2: You get the shock from me. You can slow it.
Speaker 4: Down and say, I'm like, people are trying to hit him with the same plays that he missed on last year and they's not doing it and he's dead. Yeah, and I'm sitting them saying that's the guy who learned from his lesson. He took those lessls and say, hey, I'm gonna learn from him. But not only that It shows you when when you can't hit him with those now you stuck, you lost of Okay, what should we do? Now we're gonna be and then now he picks it off. Yeah, I talked about it other day. I said that's gonna be a big confident boost for him because you know when you first get that first interception, Yeah, now you know that. Okay, they better not trying me again.
Speaker 3: It reminds me of a play that happened when LeVar Arrington picked off We was playing the Carolina Panthers, and it just propelled him into what he was supposed to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I think that play does it for Jamie Davis where now he just I'm there, I'm here, and.
Speaker 1: We're loving Jamie da Davis up a lot and he deserves it, but he is. He was on the Next Man Up Pod with Brian, Brian our host for the show on the Man Center. So makes you check that outf you want more? All right, So you guys have highlighted I think everybody, but just to got to give some people some shout outs here. I think Casey two had a great game to heel to change. Jamie Jamison Crowder had a great game. Yeah, two three sacks. Wow, look at that right up there with he has not been playing that much.
Speaker 4: So and then you know, also give a little credit, you man, you know you, you know you kind of get him out when you want to.
Speaker 1: I mean, I can't.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure no one would tell you this, but Logan training a lot of some of these guys out here that's making plays.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I appreciate that. Over here. There's so much hate in your heart. All right, all right, So now the moment you all have been waiting for, we're gonna do our Command Center podcast Fantasy recap, and we've got a special guest interurn. Caroline is here on the show, and Hi Caroline, how are you?
Speaker 2: Carolina?
Speaker 1: So that's why, that's why Caroline's on. Caroline has been a dominant force in fantasy. Fred No offense. You've been absolutely terrible. It's fine, okay, can't be great, Caroline. Why what happened? Let's talk through it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: Honestly, I'm a company woman, so fred no win's so far. I just thought, you know what, I'm not gonna change my lineup, and Steelers had to buy. I'm pretty sure I was starting Pickens or yeah, I'm starting pickings because Deonta is hurt.
Speaker 1: Let's see, you had a.
Speaker 2: Lot of people and I'm not gonna cry pulling it up for me.
Speaker 6: I'm all right, well okay, yeah, okay, So justin Jefferson j jettis not playing.
Speaker 1: You started him? Uh yeah, tough scene going out.
Speaker 2: You knew what she was doing?
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like he just the all world fantasy all.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 6: Not to so, Josh Allen, not the greatest game. This was definitely lower numbers and DeVante Adams like the third week in a row.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not much at all. You got me less than four points, like a coverage in New England.
Speaker 2: Well the thing about the Carolina if you crying, what the baby gonna do?
Speaker 3: But so, so what?
Speaker 1: I so? What was? And you beat? You lost to Fred by one point.
Speaker 7: With all that being said, one point you lost to Fred by one You just left your whole roster lucky you had guys on the friend that's hurt and you still all So Fred, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: That's it is my question.
Speaker 3: Listen, I ain't got If I ain't got all Washington players on my team, I don't play it.
Speaker 2: No coming team, I don't pay no attention.
Speaker 3: And at the end of the day, I think I got Washington defense and I'm.
Speaker 2: Sure they got me some points this week of the date, end of the day, I don't care about nothing else.
Speaker 3: And plus my team, my squad. The one thing about fantasy football I want to report to see everybody. It's no rhyme re report this life. It's no rhyme of reson to fantasy football. People win because your luck up and win. It ain't got no, it's no you have no strategy. No strategy too.
Speaker 2: You told me the other day it ain't no luckiness. It ain't no luck toldun't find.
Speaker 1: A way, no.
Speaker 3: Gym.
Speaker 2: I got my GM hat on, go out there and pick my team. But now you look up and it's like the weather. The weather may allow all the time. You won't talk about somebody.
Speaker 1: Now bringing up this damn weather man because let.
Speaker 3: Him say that's qute, okay, because it's no difference between partly cloudy and partly so. Like I went out one day and we're like, oh it's partless is it partly cloudy?
Speaker 2: They have no difference? No, you don't think so.
Speaker 1: So Caroline, you are are probably our best fantasy football player here. Outside of this last week, which you just said, you get this, Fred, you won by a point.
Speaker 2: And gets what they're hurting worse, hurting worse.
Speaker 1: Okay, So do you think there's luck involved in fantasy?
Speaker 6: Luck involved in well, okay, the only reason I'd say luck is because people get hurt. So like Justin Jefferson is out for four or five weeks with a hand sing injury. Christian McCaffrey, them two are probably top two fingers. Fred, let me finish this.
Speaker 1: You did not pick your team, so that might have something to do with it.
Speaker 2: When we get drafted. We didn't pick out.
Speaker 1: Tanna.
Speaker 6: Tanna was the most loyal he picked.
Speaker 2: He was the company man.
Speaker 8: That's why I'm saying him mad as hell. I keep losing to the last game. Every week, I'm watching the last game, like, come on, we got it, we got this. I'm in the lead into the last zero.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Cede Lamb and the Dallas Cowboys defense, And when I am coach, Lamb was getting on.
Speaker 2: I just didn't want to score, so I knew was.
Speaker 1: Gonna do his thing.
Speaker 4: That last interception from by Dallas defense, he gave them four points on defense. Yeah, he beat me one fifteen to one fourteen.
Speaker 2: That's some crazyna.
Speaker 1: Pray for you, well, you pray for Carolina for yourself, not me.
Speaker 2: The winnings were on a streak right now. The lumber company is on a streak right.
Speaker 1: Now by someone who just said they were gonna let you win.
Speaker 3: Hey, first of all, nobody lets people win, all right. People go take victories like this the the law of sports.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: I took that victory. I ain't nobody tell her to play. Just ain't nobody to tell her to play. Christan McCaffery. These guys are hurt. It's not my job to tell her team up.
Speaker 1: Did you just forget Carolina? Who were you actually thinking? I need to like help spread out.
Speaker 6: I'm in a few fantasy leagues, so I think I think I just forgot, But Tanna, I was also the same thing I needed cde Lamb. Yeah, and it literally was down to the wire.
Speaker 2: And then when you need a cowboy, your life is short.
Speaker 6: I know that that's the one thing about fantasy that bothers me because I'm obviously rooting for the commander for us of course, so it's like the other night and then.
Speaker 2: A little bit, this is what fantasy football does.
Speaker 4: I can't say that you do need a little because you can pick a dynamic team to all the key guys you know that's going to go out like I have. If you look at my list of guys like you like, there's no way those guys are not going to get off.
Speaker 2: And then if you.
Speaker 4: Don't slot them right yeah, over the week, then you can find yourself the biggest, biggest loser, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So you do need a little luck.
Speaker 4: So I would say that's probably when you're.
Speaker 1: Playing percentages, Like like I was looking at the math on this, you know, they say, oh, this person is the most likely to store this point or whatever, and like it's just it's just the analytics of it. It's just it's there is a fifty percent chance to discal do this. But there's also with that, with that percentage that it doesn't go the way you wanted to write. So it's it's you're gambling that the guy does well each and every week.
Speaker 2: You watch every game it does.
Speaker 1: That's what it makes you super engaged, I will say.
Speaker 4: So you know when you know, now, betting is like at the all time high. Everybody's betting on games. Betting on teams. I'm more of the player player parlay guy. Like I will watch a game and say, Okay, that guy's going to have four catches, this guy's going to have a touchdown. And I would rather bet like that than bet on the team, you know what I mean? Because these players, so that's just like fantasy. So you're basically playing fantasy for money. Like I said, Okay, I'm a bet that their key guys is going to do what they need to do things to help them win games, you know what I'm saying. So but when you do that, I'm putting these key guys on my fantasy list. And you're saying, like you mean to tell me this guy have more than fifty yards in a game where he's one receiver, Like it's hard to see that. And I know if anybody better with me or bad had me in a fantasy which I hear guys always said TenneT you want me money, I'm like, how, like seriously, Like there's no way because I remember being in games where you've been on the team with anywhere they won't even throw me the.
Speaker 2: Ball on the game, Like what was going on?
Speaker 1: So just real quick? So I lost. I lost. I don't know if if I won a game, yeah five, I'm really investing in my jas. So Garrett Wilson was on my team. Jalen Hurts was on Ryan's team. That's our boss. He won obviously, Ja Hurts struggle a little bit. Just defense, Yeah, the just defense is a month I had just defense.
Speaker 3: Hey, and guess what it's William brothers Quinning and his other brother in the linebacker plays.
Speaker 1: And that that defense is like it's in that tree man, that San Francisco tree dynamic fast athletics.
Speaker 4: Get after the get out there and the guys the sauce down.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then and Reader was out too. Yeah. So yeah, but yeah, Garrett Wilson, I wish, I mean, he played well, but like you know, Zach Wilson, not London beat you. Right, he's got Cooper cut Man, Cooper cup looks like he's back in Actually.
Speaker 3: Well I'm sorry, Like McVeigh is showing us, whoever plays number one wide.
Speaker 2: Receiving is gonna be just blessing, right, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then he London also had McCaffrey. That's tough out man, that's crazy. Well think about that, think about the forty nine ers, losing to Cleveland.
Speaker 3: But first of all, the forty Niners since they got McCaffrey has never lost the game.
Speaker 2: Every game he started, they won. He got hurt.
Speaker 1: They lost equivalently, so he actually got hurt in that game.
Speaker 2: He got hurt. He's oblique.
Speaker 4: Trent Williams went down, yeahs, both centers, like all guys, and they lost, and they very lost the game.
Speaker 2: The guy, mister.
Speaker 1: Caroline, thank you so much for joining us. Of course, thanks, Fred will appreciate it. Welcome Fred. And then yeah, Caroline, and they lost.
Speaker 4: They lost the field goal.
Speaker 2: They should have won, mister, that's the game. They still would be on the feeder right now.
Speaker 1: And then Fred, you had Amnrod Saint Brown.
Speaker 2: Yes, and he listen that.
Speaker 3: I call him Zus's cousin, Saint Brownmah, you just thought of that. Yeah, he just made right now he makes blaze like I'm sorry. And Jared Golf is similar to Jamie Davis.
Speaker 2: Nobody respects.
Speaker 4: Changed their opinion by him. And I see him and watch these shows and they be like, who the thought Jared? I said, yeah, I remember after that Super Bowl years ago, they were trying to get him out of this.
Speaker 3: So fut l a and now look at him. Now, he's that dude that nobody likes to give props to. Nobody likes to say Jared Golf is a good quarter back. I am here to say this, Jared Golf is a top fifteen quarterback.
Speaker 1: In this league.
Speaker 4: I mean, we appreciate, you knowledging the obvious. Well nobody likes to give him. You'll be singin.
Speaker 2: Reported.
Speaker 1: This is also like when I do feel like Farenda is a little bit like flavor of the month. But like, so, do you think he's better than Kirk Cousins, Yeah, way better.
Speaker 3: I think he's better, not way better. I just think he's better in clutch situations than Kirk. Kirk has shown you through in the years that I will cast chicks. I will not end the game for you. I think I will not that Kirk don't have that.
Speaker 4: A lot of these quarterbacks have shut down defenses, like the Kirk came to the Minnesota Bikers when they was the year before they had a great defense, and since he's been there, the defenses disappeared. So he can't play defense. He can't go score for score, you know what I mean. If he's giving you a chance to be in the game. Someone has to wrap it up, someone has to close it, shut it down. So I think that's what he doesn't have.
Speaker 2: So you don't think Jared Goff is better than Kirk.
Speaker 1: You know. So I go back and forth on it because I do think I think Kirk this year is playing really well. He's doing an excellent job.
Speaker 2: You don't think half of those you know what's he getting his hollows.
Speaker 1: I mean, they're in close games play. And the thing I want to bring up is I think that offensive coordinator, that offense that they're running is so quarterback friendly. They do such a good job of insulating them on a down and down basis, finding good shots, finding explosed. Now he's got to hit it, he's got to run that offense.
Speaker 2: At He's a wide receivers bitch for him.
Speaker 1: So I'm saying, like, I respect him, but I'm just saying I think Kirk right now is doing more for his team. That being said, they are one and five and one team and the other team's five and one, so I think there's a huge factor in that as well. All right, let's get out of that, let's go on to what are you watching? And you know, we kind of talked about this for no one's really watching anything. Let's talk about what you guys are doing for Halloween.
Speaker 3: What I'm watching Loki Loki the hottest show right now in the world.
Speaker 2: I love it, I know.
Speaker 1: But the Marvel Marvel last couple of movies been man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been black. But now Kevin Figgy has pushed the reset button. They finna get everything good. We hit the secret Wards. We headed to everything and low key is the key to secret Wards. And I am enjoying it.
Speaker 2: And with Halloween.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but is it so? Is it a good show?
Speaker 2: No, it's a great show. It's not good, it's great.
Speaker 1: Great show.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I haven't got into my Halloween stuff. Yeah, I probably. I probably died in this week.
Speaker 4: I got a couple of shows on Netflix that's just sitting there basically telling me, though, you.
Speaker 2: Know, what's your favorite Halloween show?
Speaker 1: Halloween scary move.
Speaker 4: Mins is Michael Myers? Like, like right now, I'm saying, like my favorite of.
Speaker 2: All difference in Michael Myers every year every No.
Speaker 4: So Jason is just don't get me wrong, It's it's not that different. But I will say this, the Michael Myers movies every year seems to find a twitter the way to get better. I don't understand that, Like it's just like he dies and he's not. He's not dead every time, know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Jason just walks through the mall shopping and stuff, like the dude can't die.
Speaker 2: I'm more of a Freddy Krueger guy.
Speaker 4: So I love Freddy Coogan more than both of those guys because he's not in physical up to date.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying. So imagine this. Imagine being afraid to fall asleep. Amazing. Imagine we were talking, we're talking about that. Just imagine no one when I know I was coming for you, this dude coming from me and he's not gonna kill me physically, like he's gonna kill me. Like I'm getting scared right now.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, man, Hey, that.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, my friends.
Speaker 4: I know I drop a bum bomb here and there, but trusting me. When Freddick Couble was like the go to scary movie bro, that's when Halloween was.
Speaker 2: I had this sweater like.
Speaker 1: You actually built, Like yeah, that's one really scary one that really scared scared me a lot. Was insidious.
Speaker 2: I do remember that.
Speaker 1: It was that like really good job, like building tension, you know that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: So I'm not good with memory and movies.
Speaker 4: I watched a ton of them, and I want somebody like, hey, do you watch this? And then I start watching like.
Speaker 2: I start this already.
Speaker 4: What's the movie when the girl was at school and they punked to the go in the bathroom and they poured the.
Speaker 1: Damn carry carry carry carry that right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey, I fell sorry for all old people who picked on care.
Speaker 2: Y'all. I ever looked in the mirror and say bloody mirror, like three times? Y'all ever do that?
Speaker 1: No? I did.
Speaker 2: Nobody came out. Yeah. I liked man, don't you know? He had those bes on him for real. And they gave us like they gave him like it.
Speaker 1: Was like one hundred five hundred thousand everybody he took because he put him in his mouth, right or.
Speaker 3: So it was something in his mouth, it was like. And for every beasting they gave him like a certain amount of money.
Speaker 1: It was a lot of money though there was a lot of money. It was like seventeen thousand dollars or something. Yeah, I mean that would take a lot for me to.
Speaker 2: That if a b wonder steeing me for seventeen. I'm good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess that you feel pretty good about it.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna pitch you guys on a show.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right.
Speaker 9: So on Netflix is The Fall the House of Usher?
Speaker 1: Jason?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, it's really really good, all of the House of Usher. So it's directed and written by the same guy who did The Haunting of Hill House And like all of those.
Speaker 4: That's the one that's telling me to watch term on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Not the first Netflix show, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a mini series.
Speaker 9: The director of it, Mike Flannagan's my guy because he went to my alma mater, Towsing.
Speaker 2: University, local dude weeping where I went the towns and him?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: But so follow the House of the Usher? Is it follow? It's it's based on a novella, right, or it's Allan Poe Right, Okay, there.
Speaker 9: Wrote a short story called that and every episode is like a different poem of Poe's that they incorporated.
Speaker 3: Said, most people don't know the Ravens are named after Pope, like the think their mascot.
Speaker 2: Ravens. The Baltimore Ravens are named at the Egg Allen Poe.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. Yeah, that sounds really cool. I love.
Speaker 2: I love and what I said, you can't trivia?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we played a trivia game with him this week on the Command Center Show.
Speaker 3: And I in Jeopardy all the time. Nobody likes to play me in Jeopardy. What I call I sit at home and watch Jeopardy by yourself and literally I beat them. Movie Head his talk and it told you what you do? Talk to thee just in there playing Jeopardy. I'm killing Tomorrown.
Speaker 1: Listen to me. Been hard on me? All right, Well, I think that's gonna do it for today. We'll talk more Halloween stuff for a little bit. Let us know, talking about We'll talk about this house.
Speaker 2: Of Usher, candy corn ain't candy.
Speaker 1: Look at this man over here? All right? But if you like this contact please make sure the liking some I've been tuning on Friday for the Giant Preview podcast. Really looking forward to that. If you guys like this podcast, make sure you check out our podcast network with Get Loud as one of our favorite programs with Fred. What are you talking about this week? Fred?
Speaker 2: Everything?
Speaker 1: Everything? Yeah, last week was bubbles. Whatever it is this week we'll figure it out. Next Man Up is another podcast where you get to Inside Access with all right this guy this week it's Jamie Davis gets to know the man behind the helmet. Love that show players Club, Tanna, that's what are your favorites? Who you got this week?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: That'll be awesome. He's playing awesome, man. I can't wait to hear what that's all about. And we got our Command Center special from New York be Mitch and Santana in New York breaking down the game, Tanna, what are you gonna be doing with there?
Speaker 2: New York City? A dream isn't always what it's seen?
Speaker 1: Makes you check them all out?
Speaker 2: Bod drop Float Wrap.
Speaker 1: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and our hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives