Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe, Ketty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Jack Katie and He Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: This is one of the most severe flu seasons in the United States in the last fifteen years. It's so bad in some states school districts are closing because so many students and staff are getting sick.
Speaker 1: Worst flu season in over a decade and a half. As you heard Jake Tapper say, there, how do you get the flu? How do I catch that? Somebody sneeze on me or.
Speaker 4: They live on surfaces for a long time the flu virus as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd rather not get the flu. Wash your hands a lot. Is that good idea?
Speaker 4: It can't hurt. Yeah, yeah, I try not to touch your eyes and nose. You remember what that idiotic was it? That the scarf lady j Burks who said, now don't touch your eyes and nose, and if she's given the speech, she's like dabbing in her eyes and the robin and we cried that that was one of the early signs that wait a minute, this is completely ridiculous. And it didn't get any better though. Oh even the lefty media now is admitting keeping the schools closed was a horrifying debacle, and we're struggling mightily to come back from that debacle, and it's not going well. Among many other topics we'll discuss, probably ought to get to the lead story today, Jack, of course, which is that the Westminster Dog Show, which is held every three weeks now apparently, yeah, exactly, has designated a dignified giant Schnauzer Monty is the nation's top ranked dog.
Speaker 2: What they didn't they had the show again?
Speaker 4: When yesterday? Every day cliche? Now, I know, I know, Hell how often do they hold that show? I don't know. I remember when I'd gotten the idea it was annual.
Speaker 1: Right, I always thought so, I swear it was like congratulations, giant Snaz how giant like the size of a school bus. It's like fifty feet long, like Clifford, an amazing dog cleaning up after it's no treat.
Speaker 4: Moving along. So, the question of falling fertility rates and reproductive rates and indeed coupling in general and marriage all over the industrialized West and the East and China and all sorts of places, I mean everything, but like the sub Saharan Africa, and those figures are not as easy to come by anyway. But populations are falling like crazy in the developed world. And this is a note from a frequent correspondent deep thinker, Paolo.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing this came in after did the thing yesterday from the New York Times where they did, like their monthly opinion piece about oh, is it okay to bring a child into this world with climate change and whatnot?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, and that is it responsible?
Speaker 1: And then they just jumped to the conclusion that people aren't having kids because of climate change.
Speaker 2: All right, if you say so. I don't believe that.
Speaker 4: But idiotic reasoning, idiotic conclusion just anyway. So this is an expansion of note Polo dropped us earlier with just kind of expanding on a theory which I think has nailed it beyond uh, you know, any scientist. Between Polo and our thinking, and we've been kind of going back and forth on this. You're talking about the falling birth and coupling rates and how people commonly attribute that to the world being such a horrible place that they don't want to bring a child into it. That just doesn't listen, right, I've never I don't think i've heard that expression. Well, doesn't sound right. It's a very on that. It's kind of clever as you point it out. The world is arguably the best it's ever been. And you know, we could certainly make that case or read Thomas Paker's Enlightenment Now in terms of life expectancy and health and just one hundred measures, particularly the best it's ever been.
Speaker 1: You pick any point in history, place or point in history, you can't really do better than being in the United States now.
Speaker 4: Our poor people are astoundingly wealthy by historical standards and global standards. Anyway, our response to perceived tough times, oh, I'm sorry, it's arguably the best it's ever been. Yet, the birth rate here in many other places is suicidally low. Our response to perceived tough times is suicide. I think there's a more likely explanation for the low fertility rate. And then he quotes a paragraph from a scholarly journal slash article. Animals can change their reproductive output depending on certain environmental conditions, and one of those environmental conditions is population density. Notes this lead author, So, if you have lots of neighbors and you're competing for the same food, it can lower reproduction, and that's what we saw. At very high population densities. Female ground squirrels basically shut down their reproduction. Imagine the frustration of the male ground squirrels, and that was done in order to sustain their own survival. When lashes were better, they would start reproducing again, unless the male ground squirrels also have no interest, which might happen due because we're seeing it. Yeah, yeah, I'm not sure why they phrased it that way exactly, but yeah, that is the case among humans. But then we get to and I remember y'all probably do too. When we had had this discussion a couple of weeks ago, I made my usual joke. Anybody who thinks the world is overcrowded should drive across Nevada, or from Kansas City to Sacramento, say a long I eighty. It's a vast thousand mile stretches of virtually nobody but a handful of farmers anyway. But then Paolo jumps to what I think is his most brilliant conclusion, reached again in concert with the Armstrong and Giddy show, the degree to which we're interconnected. Think the Internet likely makes our animal brains think we're even more crowded than we are and triggers behaviors that limit reproduction vess winning interest in reproducing. This is what I'm always hammering going on on about, is our level of input or stimulus is one hundred times what it is designed to be. In the average day, the average human being would have so much less interaction, so much less input of ideas and arguments and anger and passion and poorn and everything else. They're just your brain is made to be bored or daydreaming for long stretches of time. That's what it's made to do. That's how it keeps itself sane.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know if this is it, but that's a unique idea that I hadn't heard before. The one thing I am positive of is it's not a choice. I do not believe people are choosing, you know, with climate change and the rent, we're deciding I'm not going to get married or have kids.
Speaker 2: No, No, that's not you're not.
Speaker 1: There's something going on way deeper than that. And maybe it's this Internet. I think you're one hundred percent right. So anyway, and I'm sorry I didn't connect the dots completely for anybody who hasn't done it on their own. The condition of being constantly badgered by the Internet of our own free will most of our cases is extremely similar to that of a serious overpopulation, as if we're crammed into a Tokyo subway car in terms of our brain's perceptions. The only thing I don't know, while you got all kinds of examples with beasts, what was the birthrate of London when it was the biggest city in the world and you know, people were living hip to hip in the eighteen hundreds, where people still cranking out babies like crazy or not.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know. That's a really really interesting question to test the premise. I suspect that the birth rates were lower than they were in less crowded places. And if you're used to twelve kids per couple and you go down to eight, that's still a lot of kids. I wonder if they have that's a decline.
Speaker 1: I wonder if they have numbers in Japan for what is like Tokyo as it grew into one of the biggest cities in the world through the seventies and eighties, the breath rates.
Speaker 4: Led the way in lowly productive rates.
Speaker 1: Sure, no doubt, But me this makes this makes more sense than practically any other theory I've ever heard.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, one hundred percent, and just I'll let them bring it home, just to credit his fabulous arguments. We don't recognize the real cause for these behaviors, so we try to formulate an explanations, such as the world is so awful that I don't want to bring a child into it, or perhaps it's just too expensive slash hard. The world was a lot harsher place hundred year ago, thousand years ago, ten thousand years ago. Lucky for us, our ancestors viewed things differently than we do, and likewise, he points out that the very sparse population of our distant ancestors was probably strong motivation of mate like bunnies. Not to mention, it's just kind of fun. I think this is important.
Speaker 1: We're gonna figure all this out too late, though, Whether it's the plastics in our brain or oh it's the Internet, it's social media that's keeping us from having babies. There will be no you know, we'll be at the point of no return on population and our brains will be full of plastic we'll have no sperm count whatsoever, couldn't have.
Speaker 2: A baby if we wanted to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I'm not a particularly religious fellow, but I always go back to the Book of Genesis and the apple from the Tree of Knowledge. And that always confused me as a kid, because here I was being sent to school five days week and doing homework and reading and the rest of it, and I think, Wow, knowledge is fine, it's great. In fact, it's great. In fact, if I don't get my daily knowledge, my parents yell at me. So I always found that somewhat mystifying. But the older I get and the more I see, the more I think I understand that it's simply a message that man's abilities and lusts will be man's undoing.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, you can't blame Elon Musk for not having kids. As he was in the Oval office yesterday with his cute little kid on his shoulders as he talked about trying to gut the federal government because he's part of a dictatorship of volig arts or plutocrats or something.
Speaker 4: Oh, he's unelected.
Speaker 1: We got from that press conference and a bunch of others the Westminster Dog Show, Giant Snauger wins.
Speaker 4: It's no, I'm good. We're looking dog though. Boy, this word to god, we had a different winter two weeks ago. Do you want to hear the announcement.
Speaker 2: I suppose for a best in show at the ninth and I hope it's the Giants.
Speaker 4: Sinster Kennel Club dogs.
Speaker 2: I choose the Giant Schnauzy to three years of fires show.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, the Giant Schnauzer bounded to accept the awarden, crushed five people and under its mighty pause.
Speaker 1: Well you didn't see as a cameras panned away, but there was a middle aged woman in sensible shoes who kicked her beagle.
Speaker 4: You ugly beagel, You suck jack. Many in the crowd were disappointed that were they. Crowd favorite German Shepherd Mercedes did not win the crown, snubbed again this year. It's been a tough couple of years for Mercedes the German Shepherd.
Speaker 1: This year, and by this year, we mean this week, because we have this show every week.
Speaker 2: I think something's gone wrong there. I gotta watch beston Show now.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think the German Shepherd also carried with it some of the guilt over World War two.
Speaker 1: German Shepherd lifted I ever forget looked reminiscent of Elon Musk's signal to the ground.
Speaker 4: That's what I oh wan The Norman Shepherd w bad dog, bad dog.
Speaker 1: We got a lot more in the way. Stay here, Hey, getty, Joge's for organst. It is all the rage. Somebody texted that Marjorie Taylor Green is on the floor of the house right now. They wrote this, making a great case for why we need to cut spending and shrink our debt. She's hitting a home run, a crazy blonde, sort of bitchy.
Speaker 2: Home run, and everyone knows it.
Speaker 4: Wow. Meanwhile, Jack, I've discovered what I believe to be the we Shall Overcome of twenty twenty five, The we are the world of the twenty first century. Ladies and gentlemen. I give you, which side are you on? Which side are you on? Which side?
Speaker 2: Are you a side?
Speaker 4: Are you? Which side are you on? We'll fight against joh Well fights no way lanscap within our walls, will fight from dong to dusk. Which side on you w shide on you? I'm on whichever side I'm sure's I never have to hear this song again.
Speaker 2: Play it, Michael, play it, damn it trying. Did somebody tell you turn it off? For unions?
Speaker 4: He wants us so to fame, he.
Speaker 6: Wants us to bow to him, but we want him in jail.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't forget who wrote this or said this, and I thought it was really good. One of the problems we got going on in America is we we had this period in the sixties where there was a whole bunch of late fifties mid sixties particularly where we had all kinds of this sort of thing, songs and protests and you know, the look at the Bob Dylan movie and the Civil Rights Act and all these different sorts of things where there was like a real major issue to be dealt with and and people rallied around and there was a which side where you're on?
Speaker 4: And people it was righteous, It.
Speaker 1: Was righteous, and people want to relive that all the time, even if that issue doesn't exist right now. And you can't like put that level of intensity on dose. He's trying to cut spending by a few percent and shrink the government.
Speaker 2: Which side are you on?
Speaker 4: Which side? Musk?
Speaker 2: Thanks for asking you.
Speaker 1: It's about the moral question of our times, as you exactly as you point out.
Speaker 4: It's just so nakedly a strategy of we've got to change these incremental cuts that aren't nearly enough to have bloated federal workforce into the civil rights issue of our day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good luck with that.
Speaker 4: I mean, you want to talk about trying to make a silk purse out of a sell's ear, that's like a silk press out of the pig's crap.
Speaker 1: Never mind it's ear this it's not gonna work. The singing the lyrics was that a Saturday night live bit. Good Lord, do take government by.
Speaker 3: Translies Heaven God a chance unless organize.
Speaker 4: No pretending that the Union is standing up for goodness and righteousness, when indeed they're just standing up for continuing to have way too many workers paying way too many dues to enrich themselves. Hi, we're onto you, friends.
Speaker 1: I sure hope I'm right about this, and I think, but the vast majority of America doesn't look at government jobs as sacropyged protected by all that is good. They should never go away under any circumstances. The way they think.
Speaker 4: We do well. They have managed to jam through every bit of wasteful spending and redundant taxation and similar stuff for years and years, and we're most familiar with California, but by by always it's the teachers and the firefighters.
Speaker 2: If there are any cuts, it's.
Speaker 4: Gonna you know, the firefighters are gonna have to fight fires with Dixie cups full of water. And the teachers, well, they're just going to be in prison apparently, if we don't pass this tax increase. Well, now it's extended. Like all government workers who are sacrosanct and sacred and so valuable to society, we dare not question them for a minute.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: The great civil rights issue of our day is making sure mid level government employees who do something that you can't even tell what it is, don't lose their jobs, all right, no matter how unnecessary their jobs are. Right, And there's also the issue in that I don't think Elon's been hammering this enough, although he has many times in his Twitter threats. There are important jobs and important agencies that are gonna have to go away if you don't have enough money. It's like if you're broke, you really really want to do this or that, but you can't.
Speaker 2: You just flat don't have the money.
Speaker 4: And you better eliminate the not necessary stuff before you have to eliminate all of it.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Elon, he was in the Oval office, did kind of a press conference yesterday.
Speaker 2: It was pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Some highlights of that on the limp, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 7: And we're going to be signing a very important deal today. It's aid DOGE and I'm going to ask Elon to tell you a little bit about it and some of the things that we found, which is shocking billions and billions of dollars in waste, fraud and abuse. And I think it's very important, and that's one of the reasons I got elected.
Speaker 5: I say we're going to do that.
Speaker 7: Nobody had any idea it was that bad, that's sick, and that corrupt.
Speaker 1: Yes, he ran on he was going to cut waste, fraud and abuse. He had Elon on stage all the time. The term doge was out there for months. The idea that this is some sort of unelected, olive arc takeover thing, I don't know where that comes from. You left out coup and constitutional crisis. You can be against it if you want, but you're you're making stuff up. If you claim that the president can't appoint people to advise him on things that the executive branch then enacts.
Speaker 4: He's unelected. You full, can we save time and just call it a constitutional constitutional acoustus. Oh, that's pretty as.
Speaker 2: Time saves, because I know how you like combining words to save time. Eight.
Speaker 4: I'm very busy.
Speaker 1: So Trump's there behind the desk, Elon is standing next to him, wearing his dark Maga hat with his cute little kid's cute little kid factors in here?
Speaker 4: Oh, so the UH at a high level?
Speaker 6: If you say, what is the goal of dose or and I think a significant part of the presidency is to restore democracy. Let'spa say, seems like, well, aren't we in a democracy? Well, if you don't have a feedback with okay, we'd have to if you're sorry until your gravitas can be difficult sometimes.
Speaker 2: So how old is that kid?
Speaker 4: He's a little I would guess four or five.
Speaker 2: And he's dressed in a little suit. Very cute.
Speaker 4: His name is X.
Speaker 1: Spend a lot of time on dad's shoulders. But it Elon's an interesting dude. And I don't want to get sidetracked by this. He's four, by the way, he's four, thank you, Michael. I don't want to get sidetracked by this. I mentioned it many times. He's got a dozen kids, how does he choose which one he's hanging out with on any given day, with a number of different women. And then since this is actually a pretty big policy discussion and point of attention, I mean, it's been leading the newscasts for a week of the three weeks.
Speaker 4: Of the world's leading superpower, of leading superpower.
Speaker 1: Yes, maybe you have one of the moms or a sitter or somebody hang on to the kid and you know of an iPad in the other room during the press conference.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's an interesting move. I'm so pro kid and pro family. And though his family structure is not one I am familiar with or approve of, I like dad being with the kid. It was it was cute, but it was it was odd. Yeah, but utterly irrelevant to the gigantic questions which confront us.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's roll on with Elon Musk press conference.
Speaker 6: So if if there's not a good feedback loop from the people to the government, and if you have rule of the bureaucrat, if the bureaucracy is in charge, and then what meaning does democracy actually have if the people cannot vote and have, they will be decided by their elected representatives in the form of the President and the Senate in the House. Then we don't live in a democracy. We live in a bureaucracy. So it's incredibly important that we close that feedback group, we fix that feedback loop, and that the public, the public elected representatives, the President of the House and the Senate decide what happens as opposed to a large unelected bureaucracy.
Speaker 2: I can understand a monster. It's a constitutional crisis. I agree.
Speaker 1: I can understand why people are so frightened when you hear that sort of talk straight out of Hitler.
Speaker 4: Tribalism will ruin us the inability of a significant chunk of the population. It's less than half, but it's significant. To reject his words before they've even heard them for purely tribal reasons is troubling. There was nothing he said there that was not not only uncontroversial, it was patriotic and fantastic.
Speaker 1: So there's some dude, there's words in front of it on the TV, somebody with the Project on Government Oversight. So he's in the DOGE so DOGE subcommittee. Anyway, he's testifying. He looks like he's twenty two and he's wearing sunglasses. I feel like Doge doesn't help themselves sometimes with their little too cool, little too young, little too you know, Elon renaming himself on Twitter yesterday Harry Balls, I don't feel.
Speaker 2: Like it helps his cause.
Speaker 4: You know, do you think he had any idea that that is a suggestive nickname? Wait a second, and thought of that the sunglass young man isn't named Hugh g. You can guess the rest is.
Speaker 1: He Let's hear a little more of Elon Musk plutocrat.
Speaker 6: Does not to say that the good There are good people who uh are in the federal bureaucracy. But but you can't have an autonomous federal bureaucracy. You have to have one that's responsive to the people. That's the whole point of a democracy.
Speaker 4: And so.
Speaker 6: And if if you looked at this, if you asked to look at the pound US today and said, what do you think of the way things have turned out? Well, what we have this unelected, fourth unconstitutional branch of government, which is the bureaucracy, which has in a lot of ways currently more power than any elected representative. And this is uh, there's not something that people want, and it's not. It does not match the will of people. So it's just something we've got and we've got.
Speaker 2: To fix again.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I don't know two weeks ago when people started screaming about who nobody elected, Elon Musk, we have this unelected You know how many unelected people are controlling your lives right now?
Speaker 4: Come? All of them? Yeah, practically all of them. And the counter argument to what he just said is that the president is in no way in charge of the executive branch, which he is the head of. It's absolutely nonsensical. And oh you want to talk nonsensical, then we've got some more great clips to play. But this is so great the New York Times. It's just even when it's good, it's bad. Here's your headline, and then subhead appearing with Trump. Musk makes broad claims of federal fraud without proof.
Speaker 2: Here's your subhead.
Speaker 4: The billionaire whose federal cost cutting team has been operating in secrecy, asserted that he had uncovered waste and fraud across the bureaucracy without offering evidence.
Speaker 1: Are you trying to insinuate you don't think there is fraud?
Speaker 4: In the related story, Elon Musk suggested without evidence that rich white guys play golf disproportionately, and suggested, without citing proof that they have cocktails after what the.
Speaker 2: Hell more elon.
Speaker 6: And they're also going to address the deficit. So we've got a two twelvey dollars deficit and if this, if we don't do something about this deficit, country's going bankrupt. I mean, it's really astounding that the the interest payments alone on national debt exceed the defense department budget, which is shocking because we've got our larst We spent a lot of money on defense, but and if that just keeps going, we're essentially going to bank up the country. So what I earlier to say is like, it's not optional for us to reduce the federal expenses.
Speaker 4: It's essential.
Speaker 6: It's essential for America to remain solvent as a country, and it's essential for America to have the resources necessarily to provide things to its citizens and not simply be servicing vast amounts of debt.
Speaker 4: That is the most important thing that's been said politically in the United States in the last fifty years. And whether it falls on deaf ears or is heated is the pivot point for the next.
Speaker 1: Fifty years for US history and maybe world history, if we can't continue to be the hyper power that we have been. Some of my favorite pundits are like really critical of this elon being involved thing. But if you had your typical gray man blue ribbon committee appointed.
Speaker 4: Nobody'd be paying any freaking attention.
Speaker 1: It's been done over and over again, and they came up with great recommendations that Washington felt more than free to completely ignore and shove under the dish cabinet over there, never to be thought of again. Right, that's the problem. The politics part of it is where it really makes sense to have somebody of Musk's profile so he can get people's attention.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I am.
Speaker 1: First of all, I can't even imagine his life. I mean, how many hours has he put into this project? It sure looks like it would take a tremendous amount of effort to be doing what he's doing now while you run one of the biggest social media platforms on the planet, while you're running the top electric car company on the planet, while you're running the most effective rocket company in the planet.
Speaker 2: And he got twelve kits. But I just I don't even understand how he functions.
Speaker 1: But I wonder point because he does this a lot where I mean, he gets really energized for things, he gets super into him and then I don't know if he gets bored with it or what, but he turns his attention to one of his other projects.
Speaker 4: And I wonder when that will happen with this. And he has good people to mind the store in his way, certainly, but this is an exaggeration, but just barely, given the utter obviousness of our deficit and debt problems, and as he pointed out quite eloquently that we are now paying significantly more just interest on our death than we are in national defense, which is astonishing and troubling given how obvious and undeniable this problem. Is the fact that a significant chunk of our media and population are acting like this is just Trumpian stupidity and or a constitutional crisis and we don't have to listen, and we're not going to listen, and we're not going to help, and the rest of it. I think the exaggeration that says if Trump cured cancer, these people would go ahead and die of cancer rather than take the cure. We're getting close to it. What was a reductio ad hit lorum.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: The longer an online discussion goes, the more likely it becomes somebody references Hitler. I think we are getting close to the I'd rather die of cancer point in our national quote unquote conversation. It's just bizarre. And that's not to suggest that Trump is incapable of missteps or or or even doing bad things. Some of his recent pardons I think have been inexcusable and indefensible, for instance, and I'm happy to talk about them. But on this trying to rein in the federal.
Speaker 1: Deficit, well, this is just it's it's undeniable. Well, the fact that Trump and Biden and every president for a while now has said our entitlement programs are off limits, nobody can touch them is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: The fact that you're up there talking about our.
Speaker 1: Two trillion dollar annual deficit and our debt uh and not talking about that because they're off limits is insane. You're gonna pair it with significant tax increases, right, But that's that's what that is.
Speaker 2: Something voters have asked for.
Speaker 1: At some point, some leader has got to stand up and tell the voter something they don't want to hear, we got it.
Speaker 2: We gotta do something about this. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mentioned a great Thomas Soul quote I came across a couple of weeks ago in which he explained that I got a paraphrase because I don't have it in front of me. But the fact that our politicians are, you know, in large numbers congenital liars, is partly our fault. Because if we the electric continually to demand that which is impossible to deliver, for instance, a dollar thirty worth of government for a dollar, year after year after year, the only person who can win an election is a liar.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, that's where we are on that, all right. I've seen the giant Schnauzer enough. What the hell is that dog? That dog shouldn't be What is that thing with its hair?
Speaker 2: You know what that is? Michael, see, I'm in tellivision.
Speaker 4: What the hell? I had no idea?
Speaker 1: What the hell is that? I walk into your house and you got one of those run up at me? I shriek and pepper spread.
Speaker 2: What is that? That's not a Is that a dog? That's an alien?
Speaker 4: The hairless cats an unnatural creature shouldn't exist.
Speaker 2: God doesn't want that.
Speaker 1: God doesn't want that you have any thoughts on Elon and that press conference or anything else. And we got more on the way text line four one five n KFTC Arrayetty. Now the disruptor in chief, Elon Musk, who apparently has adopted the alias at least he changed his social media handle to Harry Balls. What Elon at least briefly changed his Twitter handle to Harry Balls and they had to announce it there in Twitter. Of course, he responded on Twitter with laughing, lol, how funny he thought it was that the media was reporting it.
Speaker 4: And I'm sorry, this is the same Fellows in charge of the most important governmental reforms in the last one hundred years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's a couple Quinn doing a hell of a job at it. A couple quick tweets before we get back to Harry Ball's laundry listing the government waste out there, so ao.
Speaker 4: We call him Harold. At least Harold.
Speaker 1: AOC had tweeted out LMAO at a billionaire earnestly trying to sell people on the idea that free speech on free speech when it's eight dollars a month to have a subscription on Twitter, Elon said, your feedback is appreciated, and now pay eight dollars.
Speaker 2: But this is what I really like an idiotic. It is Bernie Sanders.
Speaker 1: We must demand that the extremely wealthy pay their fair share period. Elon's response was, I keep forgetting that you're still alive.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, oh my, oh my.
Speaker 2: This is generation X in charge. It really is. It really is a nark.
Speaker 4: Of the grew up with Watergate and then the Vietnam and it's in Stern, right, yeah.
Speaker 1: It's the Letterman and Stern generation. Here's a little more, Elon, And.
Speaker 7: Also, could you mention some of the things that your team has found, some of the crazy numbers, including the woman that walked away with about thirty million?
Speaker 6: Right. Well, we often we do find it's sort of rather odd that, you know, there are quite a few people in the biocrasy who have ostensibly a salary of a few hundred thousand dollars but somehow managed to accrue tens of millions of dollars in that worth while they are in that position, which is, you know what happened to usaid, we're just curious as to where it came from. Maybe they're very good at investing, which case we should take their investment advice, perhaps, but just there seems to be mysteriously they get wealthy. We' don't know why, where did it come from? And I think the reality is that they're getting wealth to touch by expense.
Speaker 4: That's the honest truth of it.
Speaker 1: So Elon being pretty measured. There Trump the politician, he knows where the gold is. What people want to hear the laundry list of wasted money, and that's what he was prompted Elion for.
Speaker 2: Here's a little more of that.
Speaker 5: I can't paign on this.
Speaker 7: I can't paign to the fact that I said government is corrupt, and it is very corrupt.
Speaker 5: It's very very it's also foolish.
Speaker 7: As an example, a man has a contract for three months and the contract ends, but they keep paying him for the next twenty years, you know, because nobody ends a contract.
Speaker 5: You get a lot of that. You have a contract that's a three month contract.
Speaker 7: Now, normally, if you're in a small in all fairness, it's the size of this thing is so big.
Speaker 5: But if you have a contract and you're in.
Speaker 7: A regular business, you end the contract in three months. You know, it's a consultant, here's a contract for three months, but he goes on for twenty years, and the guy doesn't.
Speaker 5: Say that he got money for twenty is.
Speaker 7: They don't say it and just keep getting checks month after month. And you have various things like that, and even much worse than that, actually much worse.
Speaker 4: Or the guy tried fifteen times right to contact the federal government say hey, you gotta stop paying me. And the response to all this from The New York Times is appearing with Trump. Musk makes broad claims without proof, offered no evidence that the federal government is bloated and overspends and corrupt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've heard from people over the years who like tried to send their check back that they weren't supposed to get, like their husband died and they're still getting the Social Security check and he tried to send them back and you just get nowhere.
Speaker 4: He claimed without proof that ice cream parlors are generally not jammed with thin people.
Speaker 2: Come on and.
Speaker 1: Trump hitting on really the core thing that there are people out there who it's just playing the scam and fraud from the beginning. They're trying to slip one by the goalie. But a lot of it's is just so big nobody can keep an eye on everything.
Speaker 4: Right right, which is a perfectly valid point. George Washington warned us about factionalism. He said, it's the only thing that can kill the country. And if you are so factional that you're not for saving taxpayers money, I don't know how we can work together.
Speaker 1: If you miss a segment or nowur get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand
Speaker 4: Armstrong and Getty