Speaker 1: Speaks to the Plannet.
Speaker 2: I go by the name of Charlamagne of God, and guess what, I can't wait to see y'all at the third annual Black Effect Podcast Festival. That's right, We're coming back to Atlanta, Georgia, Saturday, April twenty six at Poleman Yards and it's hosted by none other than Decisions, Decisions May Be Be and Weezy Okay. We got the R and B Money podcast with taking Jay Valentine. We got the Woman of All Podcasts with Sarah Jake Roberts, we got Good Mom's Bad Choices. Carrie Champion will be there with her next sports podcast, and the Trap Nerds podcast with more to be announced. And of course it's bigger than podcasts. We're bringing the Black Effect marketplace with black owned businesses plus the food truck court to keep you fed while you visit us. All right, listen, you don't want to miss this. Tap in and grab your tickets now at Black Effect dot Com Flash Podcast Festival.
Speaker 1: Talking to We Talk Back, where we encourage you to hustle hard, laugh, letter and always keep it cute. So grab your coffee, cocktail and crown because it's about to go down talk talk.
Speaker 3: You're just too unapologizely black women with an opinion. Who talks?
Speaker 1: Hey, y'all, it's your girl, AJ Holiday, what's up, tam Dam.
Speaker 3: Y'all's official tam Oh? No am my official Tambam. I'm just Tambam. I love y'all.
Speaker 1: Hey, AJ, you change your Instagram name?
Speaker 3: No, that's it, but I already say my Instagram name crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm good girl. How you feeling?
Speaker 3: You know what? I always enjoy spring because you know the season is changing. But when I tell you this, pollar is whooping my ass like real bad this year, like worse than ever before. I can't handle it. I understand that the trees gotta have sex, but it is I didn't ask to be a part of the orgy. I did not ask to be a part of it.
Speaker 1: Girl, Like Zertac can't take enough of my fucking money. I'm getting like the big packs from Costco. Okay, my mama even text me ask me if I needed some more zyrt Tech because it's real nasty. Like my car was green. Yeah, I didn't know my car that much last week and it just looked like an abandoned car after a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just gross. It really is gross outside, but I still went out in it. I went, oh, we know that I went to in New York. I went to Saint It's a restal lounge. I don't know what that means to me, that it's a club, but the owner told me it's not a club, it's a restal lounge. So I guess that's like a.
Speaker 1: Club restaurant slash lounge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess yeah, because they do sell really good food. And then he bought me a drink at the end of the night and I was like, I want what you drinking. There was a mistake, baby, when I tell you, I was drukist.
Speaker 1: Fuck.
Speaker 3: I had to go home after that drink. I had to leave in my business. But that was it. Oh and I also we went to Pergola, so we went to two hooga bars. It was cool, but then I was supposed to go out on Sunday. I can't do two days in a row. It's one or the other peak one because that's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, from six to ten. That was my operational hours, six to ten. If you don't got me out the house by six o'clock at any one weeknd notice in advance, and if you don't got me out by six. It's a rap. Okay. I had a good weekend too, and you know, I really I had a tough week last week. Right, So Saturday morning was actually my test to see if I can do all the things. Okay, So I really had to push myself to get up four point thirty in the morning, put makeup on, all this shit, get dressed for a great cause. Though. So one of my friends friends, so my homegirl, volunteered me for this thing and I just committed to it. And I committed to it a month ago, so I had to follow through. But I almost I almost told them bitches, I ain't gonna be able to make it. But I'm glad I pushed through. But so, she's one of my friend's friend is doing a reality TV show and it's about the women in the world of merchant semens. Right. So yeah, so it's a great, great, great, great great idea. So we actually did like a panel interview for a couple of people who actually showed up to and I feel like she's gonna have a good cast too, which I need.
Speaker 3: You were helping interview people to participate to.
Speaker 1: Be yeah on the reality like the cast members right.
Speaker 3: So why are you men to get up at four thirty in the morning.
Speaker 1: Because it was from eight to twelve, and yeah, we were recording everything. It was really nice set up and you know, real professional. So it's called Beyond the Anchor. So it's going to be following the lives of women who are in this very hard industry. A lot of people in Charleston our merchant semens, so they work alongside the Navy on these ships, you know, around the world all year long. They're away from away from their families, children, So it's it's it's some good ass storylines going off. You know what.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of merchant symen in Virginia too. I know a lot of people who do that in Virginia. Yeah, yeah, so we are smith.
Speaker 1: The casting was the casting was basically from head to Virginia essentially because a lot of the boats are docked in Charleston, a lot of them docked in Virginia. The port cities, right, Miami.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be very interesting. They came up with something good.
Speaker 1: Yes, so we'll see Chad. So that was my weekend and then I just was for real in the bed from maybe four o'clock Saturday to twelve o'clock Sunday.
Speaker 3: Girl, listen, let me tell you how I missed up. I was. I stayed out drinking all night Saturday. And let me tell y'all that niggas was outside. They was on the kid. That's where they was like, they was lined up. I was like, okay, wait.
Speaker 1: One second, next bit, you better get one of the little things. We all get a number.
Speaker 3: Every take a number and stand in line with your number is called please push for it because that's what it was given. You got clear?
Speaker 1: Do you have clear?
Speaker 3: Nigga? Right pre check? Send him to me for TSA for aj PreCheck period. So after that Sunday, I had to get up and do some hair. Girl like, I don't know why I signed up for that, but I had to get up and do it so in it hurts so bad. I'm not built to be outside and go I remember when I was younger, I could. I could literally party TI time to go to work and be good. Baby. It hurts so bad. I was like, I can't wait. God bless me, y'all sub like, subscribe our shit, buy some T shirts from us. So I gotta do this no more. I don't want to do here, no more so anyway. And then Sunday I stayed in bed all day. All day, I didn't I took a shower and laid back down and that was it. I could not go back outside.
Speaker 1: And those that's my favorite thing to do.
Speaker 3: That's what you need to make the shirts.
Speaker 1: I love lay Down.
Speaker 3: I love it because I will buy it. Let's get in the scene, all.
Speaker 1: Right, y'all what we got going on? I need streets with a case. So y'all know that, uh, the infamous, super famous. I guess it was a YouTube Dayton show at this point. Now they're heading the Netflix. Okay, so beginning April tenth, twenty twenty five, viewers will tune in every Thursday at eight pm for a roller coaster of romance, chaos, and enough tension to make your stomach drop. So thanks to the thanks to The Bachelor, think oh yeah, think of The Bachelor. Okay, but with balloons. So y'all know the pop the Balloon Dayton Show. They're heading to Netflix. I'm excited for that.
Speaker 3: I'm congratulations. Round up a plot.
Speaker 1: They got over like one hundred million like YouTube views, you know what I'm saying. Since they've been on YouTube that's when.
Speaker 3: People really enjoy that shit. I could never go on no Pop to Balloon. I couldn't pop a balloon, nor could I be the I couldn't be the poppy or the popper because I don't want to pop and hurt nobody feeling. And if you pop a balloon on me, I'm gonna cry. So I'm a cry or fight. I don't know which one is or both. So I don't need to be on them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that shit is damn that show is treacherous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: I don't think my my esteem is set up to go on that shit, okay, because you are not going to be for everybody. So imagine going into a room where you're not for anybody in there.
Speaker 3: Anybody, and you walk out and everybody like pop hop pop pop.
Speaker 1: For real. I'm crying like right there on the spot. So I commend those people, you know, who get up there with all that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the series creators Bolia Mandu, I believe their husband and wife, right.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so because the last names aren't the same.
Speaker 1: And are let Amalie Amalie. That's what we see doing the she's a host right now, So now she's going to be the executive producer of the show, and basically she won't be like you.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah, we love her from Insecure the Virgin. I wonder if she's still a virgin, why would she not be?
Speaker 1: Might as well? We ain't heard about her getting married. I did see she was dating, so yeah, come this far to turn back? Now, I doubt it. Now. I am not a TV watcher for real, right, but I have kept up with Atlanta Housewives every so often, like I'll skip around years and seasons. I don't know why I decided to watch the season. It's probably because Portia is back on the show and I want to see what the fuck is going on with her and Simon and all the things. Like I just knew it was going to be a good time, so I have been tuning in. Now. I did not catch this most recent episode, but apparently some shit is going on.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I did catch like some of the shade with some of the new cast members. And then you have like some of the older castmates still around. Okay, so Kenya Kenya Moore is still around, Porscha is back on the show, what's Cynthia's there?
Speaker 3: Dora?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there's a newcomer. Her name is Brittany Edie eighty. She was added to this current season and this last episode. I saw the preview preview for it. I hadn't watched it yet, but you can see the tension between her and Kenya. So apparently Kenya tweeted out about how she was threatened by Brittany like behind the scenes on set. It says this year, Brittany Edie was added to the cast of season sixteen, which is currently being filmed. However, Edie's time on the show might not last very long, as there was allegedly a severe situation on set with Kenya Moore. According to the Neighborhood Talk, So they got into the argument and Brittany basically says says, I have a gun for bitches like you, whether she had a gun at the time or just saying, you know, for future reference, bitch, I got a gun for you. Kenya Moore did not take that shit lightly at all, and she shouldn't. You can't just threaten me with a gun. You can't leave out this building before me either, right because basically you just tell me you'll kill me. Yeah, that's that's the only thing I would hear right, So, as it stands, is unclear what went down between needs to However, what we do know is that people on set were shook. Photographer Eric Robinson was at the scene and on social media he revealed just how shaken up he was by everything and quotes it says, I am still trying to recover myself. I couldn't even take a photo. My mouth fell to the floor and I am just in awe, Like, what was the most deadliest scene? Probably? We were what.
Speaker 3: You can't readbitch? You said it was the that was the most deadliest scene, probably in the franchise history for him, that's what he's saying. But I mean, didn't nobody die? So he might have been like reaching with that statement, but did anybody didn't get it? Supposed to be like classy, you know, women with money? She teld me, I got a gun for bitches. Like take that to love and hip hop, Atlanta. You on the wrong show. This is real high sis. We don't do that here.
Speaker 1: And I can't recall what this girl's husband name is on the show, but one he doesn't seem to like her. It's a couple of people who like the men that they have with them. On the show, like does he even like you?
Speaker 3: For real?
Speaker 1: Like I'm questioning it just how they are responding to their wives on camera.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying is like Drusi Door and her husband all over again with some of these new cast mates. So I don't know her husband. It seems like I don't know if he was an accident of something. His face is like half frozen kind of. He looks dangerous as far as I'm conservage, and I think they might be from New York. I don't know, but about right, that shit sound about right. She looked like she might be. She heard her say yes, But her husband looked like he done did some shit, damn okay, and he looked like you got these cameras in my life and I'm just here because you won't do this shit. He really look like he be on some bullshit. But anyway, so yeah, so shout out to Real Housewives of Atlanta child kenymore you better and you know she'd be strapped up too now because Kenya has talked about you know, how.
Speaker 3: She makes to you know, use it on the castmates.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, right, Yeah, you're tripping. Yeah, yeah, so we'll see.
Speaker 3: But let's talk about all right. So last week we did Waited to Exhale and we analyzed all the characters and I really enjoy that. That was a lot of fun. So this week we're gonna do a thin line between love and hate and just talk about how they tried to get us to hate Brandy when the movie came out, but really it was Darius Darnell. Darnell, Darnell motherfucked the mask.
Speaker 1: We know Darnell's Okay, Darnell is alive, and well.
Speaker 3: When we get back from this break, we're gonna get into it.
Speaker 1: All right, y'all. So again, okay, so this week we want to break down a thin line between love hate and you know, we try to like associate it with dating today, right because it is the same bullshit. We know the Darnell's in life, We know the Brandy's in life. Brandy was like the crazy bitch on the show, right, but really was she crazy? You know a lot of people like to drive you crazy and then call you crazy, and that'd be the fuck that thing. Like you get me to one hundred. Now you're trying to tell me this a verity of the situation, No, bitch, you're gaslighting me, okay, because I know I'm not crazy. And you know how I know I'm not crazy because I'll call my friends first, tell them what I did, tell them what that other person did, and bitch, am I crazy? Or am I tripping before I while out on your ass? See, maybe Brandy was skippings the steps because she ain't have no friends.
Speaker 3: That's the problem. She didn't consult with her Really, she.
Speaker 1: Really was consulting with her fucking subconscious mind and them intrusive thoughts was telling her to kill niggas because I believe she had killed and X, but the.
Speaker 3: Ex was physically violent or so she said. We don't remember.
Speaker 1: She beat herself up now and Darnelle arrested, So she probably did that in the last situation too, because you mentioned that'll be.
Speaker 3: Her own ass to get you in trouble. You don't need to fuck.
Speaker 1: Whoop yond as. Don't whoop me whoop yond ass.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's next level.
Speaker 1: All right, let's let's so let's do a deep dive. Right, So, when's the last time you watched then line between leven?
Speaker 3: I watched it last night?
Speaker 1: Did you really?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 1: I didn't rewatch it. Okay, So y'all known Temy already, always know all the fucking movies anyway, so this shit is fresh on her frontal lobe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, it was. I didn't even have to watch it over because I know this movie. This movie is so triggering. I was cussing Martin Lawrence ass out the whole movie, like the entire movie, even before he started cutting up. I was like, because I knew what was coming. It's like, you motherfucker right.
Speaker 1: And so the movie is still relevant today's because we're talking about like toxic relationships, karma, emotional manipulation, and like the blurred lines between love and obsession. Because I have seen people online say, if my man don't do this, he don't love me, like and it bes like some stalkershit. And I'm like, if you've never been stalked before, you really don't know how that feels. And you don't want that. You don't want somebody to really be obsessed with you. See, y'all bitches, when y'all want to do magic and shit, that'd be the main thing y'all want to do is get somebody to fall in love with you. And when you're ready to get rid of that nigga, You're not gonna be able to. Now, you got to call the police. Now, you got to get the course involved to get a restrained in order against this nigga, because you don't put his ass in a jar. Honey, Okay, yeah, I'm careful.
Speaker 3: So have you ever been in a situation where in love turned into something dangerous?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: Hell?
Speaker 1: Yeah. I feel like I talk about it a lot on here, and maybe not in depth like situation the situation, but I have been in some real sticky shit in relationships, and I feel like I'm usually Yeah, I feel like I'm usually the one that's a little bit more sane, right. But when men feel feelings get involved, they get different, They turn different, you know, because I think they have a different idea also of what love is. Because men, when they love you now they feel like they like kind of own you, like you are their property. I saw this post on social media last week, and it was a guy asking a lady like, what's the big problem with a man saying that you're his property? You know, don't you want? Exactly right? It's the verbiage. He was like, how is he supposed to care for you, die for you, provide for you if he doesn't own you. And I'm like, am I a car? Because I know a lot of niggas with dirty asked cars, and they'll start killing me about that dirty ass car.
Speaker 3: He's not a car, I'm not he can't own me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So a lot of people, a lot of men like when they fall in love and their feelings get involved. Is different, And I've experienced some fucking crazy shit.
Speaker 3: I ain't never I've never been in love with someone crazy. I think I luckily have like witnessed like, oh I see their flag, I see the red flags, and when you showed me a little bit of crazy, I will get up out of there. I remember I had this one guy and he was just too aggressive with how he handled me mm hm, even just playfully, it was just too much. I was like, oh no, I got to get up out of here. I remember he picked me up and put me on the top of the car and then grabbed my legs and was like pulling me off the car, playing.
Speaker 1: Oh how is that fun?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Who is this fun for? Because it's not fun for me. Let me go and put me down. Now. All the stalkers that I've ever had, I've never had relationships with them, they be mad because I don't want to be like I've had female stalkers and I've.
Speaker 1: Had mad bitch. I remember that bitch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're not gonna talk about that. We don't want to bring that bitch up.
Speaker 1: But scary ass. Yeah, yeah, that shit was scary.
Speaker 3: That is scary when you had somebody really like obsessed with you and threatening you and saying all kind of crazy shit for no reason like they got clearly got mental illness. This is definitely terrifying. But this wasn't the case with Brandy and Darnell because she pretty much let him know, don't fucking play with me, because she ain't say I ain't raped tight. But she was given signs, you know, the science, and he thought it was the game. So let's let's break down the characters.
Speaker 1: So I did Google. Now, this is what Google says. Google says that darn Now was in his twenties, like early to mid twenties, and Brandy was in her late thirties. And mind you remember Brandy was previously married to somebody, and she was like you could tell like she had her whole shit together, like money. Okay, she was that girl.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, she was a real estate of executive of some sort, like she had her she was in her bag, she was showing million dollar homes, she had a driver, she had she had looked like a million dollar home of her own.
Speaker 1: Mm hm. So she had her life together and Darnell was outside playing like he still was a playboy.
Speaker 3: Okay, a womanizer.
Speaker 1: M hmm. Yeah, so Darnell he's a charming ladies man who plays games with women's hearts but meets his match in Brandy. Essentially he's a womanizer, we could say that, right. Yeah, he's emotionally immature and he probably he also like underestimates the power of emotions.
Speaker 3: That the title was so perfect in line between love and hate, and it really is. You can see that shit happening right now in real life every day women and men relationships dis all and they went from I love you so much to I can't I hate that motherfucker? Look at Cardi b in offset right should. I had a situation just recently too.
Speaker 1: I saw a nigga I used to fuck with and he was literally outside rubbing a bitch feet under the table, like in my face, just recently, and I was like, then I blocked this nigga on social media recently, right, But I could have sworn I ben had him blocked like on the phone, don't you know. And I know he probably doesn't know my life right now because we don't talk, but he asked me, like to meet him out. So I'm like, nigga, I just seen you two weeks ago rubbing a bitch feet under the table, like are you stupid?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: And he just like lie, he was like, girl, hush, this is he texts me, girl hush. And I say, you lucky that I'm playing because I almost embarrassed both of us. I probably, like I really wanted to spit on that nigga, not because like I have any type of real feelings for him, and no shit like that anymore. It's just that who the fuck you think you're playing with? And the problem is men be counting on our integrity, right, they be counting on us to keep it fucking cool. But everybody ain't gonna be like me. Right, you want to run into a.
Speaker 3: Brandy, run into a brandy, and they're gonna ruin your whole shit for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it's Darnelle truly like the villain or just the immature guy who met the wrong woman at the wrong time or at the right fucking time, get his ass together.
Speaker 3: I want to consider him a villain, you know, he's I would say he was real selfish because he was playing the game. You know, he wanted he bet with Tea. He had a bet with Tea that he couldn't get her, you know, and he was like, oh, watch watch this, I can get any woman I want because I'm not charming. I'm that cool. I got the finess and watch how I finess her. So I don't think he realized how serious it could get, you know, when you're playing with people emotions, because that woman definitely was like, look, I've been hurt I pretty much. I stay clear of y'all motherfuckers because I don't want to be hurt again. And then here you come, and how he did it, like like she finally let this nigga in. He laid in her bed and said I love you, and she made they made love or she made love to him and he just got some pussy and yeah. Then right after he calls his homeboy to let him know that he got the draws basically like I won and tell me I'm the man and then now she's all, I'm fully in, I'm letting down my guard. I'm going to show you that I care about you. And then she took him shopping on her birthday and bought him designing shit in nice clothes and was like, take my car, handle your business. Meet me tonight, it's my birthday. And then she had a cake. Can you imagine sitting in your house with the cake waiting on the Nigga, you just bought all his clothes for her on your birthday and he never show up. That is so hurtful.
Speaker 1: He dropped her off the crazy like literally like put her in the car and drove her there and then called her fucking crazy. And how about the part where he like like she's trying to cuddle with him after sex and he like moves his hand her hand off of him. Now this is where you know I had I'm guilty of telling men like if you don't really fuck with a woman and you want to fuck, like don't be getting but don't be getting butt naked having sex with a bitch, like just pull your dick out the hole. So you know what it is like that skin to skin shit is a problem too, And if you're not going to verbally say hey, I just want to fuck, And you may not have said that, but everything else you're doing just says you want to fuck. Like Martin Lawrence, he really just he wasn't. He never said I just want to fuck. He was doing all the things to ma sure that he was interested in her, like seriously, right.
Speaker 3: But then you do like he the man came to her fucking job, he made an appointment with her, wasting her time where she could be selling the house to somebody who really wants to buy a house. And then, I mean he went the extra mile. He had his homeboy that Sutter drive him in a fine car up there so it looked like he got a little more than he got. And then he put a lot of leak baby bird in the house prior to them getting there so she could see it because he knew that she was into crystals. Like you are doing the most to just want some pussy, right, y'a say that. Listen, I've had a guy do me like this at all. Right, y'all, I met this guy. He had been in my DMS for a while, but I ain't ignored him. And then he was like, I'm coming to Charlotte. I want to see you. No, He's like, I'm he sent me a message like, oh I'm in Charlotte. I was like, enjoying the Queen City. I was not interested, right, I wasn't paying him, even though he was good looking, but he just looked like you know how sometimes he on some bullshit, like he looked like he got to be a fuck nigga, right, And I just felt that in my spirit, and that's why I wasn't giving him no chance. So he was like, what are you doing? And I was like, I'm going to a white party with my friends so you can enjoy the Queen City. So then I see this motherfucker at this white party in Red. He's like I found every white party in the city and I had to pay extra to get in here with Red. But I knew I had to come see you.
Speaker 1: Oh lord girl, he a whole demon.
Speaker 3: Demon, right, So then then he started showing me and my friends like he bought us bottles drinks. He was doing the most, like showing making my friends laugh and shit, you know, doing the most. So then my homegirls was like, girl, he following you around like a put be giving him a chance, give him a chance. So I'm like, okay, So then I let this man take me on a night. Like we went to dinner, and the next night we went to dinner. We went to a nice dinner. I mean he was whining and dyning me, like he asked me what did I like to drink? And when we got to the table, was sitting there already waiting on me, like just real smooth. He was smooth or whatever. We started, we'd be on the phone. Now I'm starting to like, okay, entertain him. He's a businessman. He got this shit together, you know. He said he want a wife, all these things, and he's attractive. And we started spending a bunch of time together. I wouldn't sleep with him still. I was just like being very cautious with my body, you know. And we had went out this particular night. We had spent the night together, but I you know, I wasn't ready for sex and I let him know. And the only reason we spent the nights because we were both drunk. Anyway, So we went out again. We went to Fahrenheit and Charlotte and we were on the rooftop. We were drinking. It was so beautiful. We left We went to my apartment, and with my building had a rooftop and fire pits. We're out there at the fire pit, just chilling. I had wine, so we were drinking wine. And y'all know I'm a cancer. So I got emotional and I was like, I just want to thank you for being such a good person, Like I meet a lot of people who try to take advantage of my good heart, and I really appreciate it. And I think I might have had to shed a little thug tear. Right if I'm a cry baby, got a thug tear, the energy shifted immediately, all the energy changed, right, so, and I felt it and it was weird. And then he left shortly after, and then he ghosted. I didn't hear from him. He didn't answer my call the next day, he didn't respond to text. So then a few maybe like three months goes by and he reaches out to me, and now I'm like, what the fuck do you want? Basically, do you know this motherfucker told me that he was married, that his wife was a travel nurse and that's why she was never around, and that's how he was able to spend so much time with me and be on the phone with me because she was out in California working for three months as a nurse, you know, and he was out here, and him and a bitch from a Facebook group that I was in made a bet on who they could who could fuck me first? Her girl?
Speaker 1: What the bitch was on thet Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: Her or him, which one to fuck me first?
Speaker 1: Did you know the girl? Yeah?
Speaker 3: She was pursuing me too.
Speaker 1: Did you fuck the girl?
Speaker 3: I never know? I did not. I did not fuck the.
Speaker 1: Girl, y'all know. We got to ask TAMPI ship four to five times.
Speaker 3: Me and her never even hung out, you know, me and her never hung out, but we were all that wild? Ain't that wild? And he was like, I like, once I was spending time with you, I just assumed you were different than what you were and I didn't. I couldn't do you like that. And I guess he thought I was gonna be like, well, thank you for not taking me. Yeah, I said, bitch, y'all, spit in your face. That's how I responded, because you wasted my time and play with me. Still, even if you grew up conscious in that moment, you still.
Speaker 1: A grown ass man doing this, Like why what if I still go ahead and to send a shit to your wife, because this is the type of stop of shit you out here doing.
Speaker 3: Right, And that's what I should have done. But I just told him, don't ever contact me again, or I'll spit in your face, bitch or something along the rides a real life Darnell, Because that's a real life Darnell.
Speaker 1: A grown ass Darnell, Like what are you doing? What are you and this bitch doing? Why y'all look at me and thought y'all could play with me like that? Yeah? Like what are times somebody played with me? You know? Because people are gonna try everybody, right, But I always this is where I be fucking up, right, because I'd be trying to figure out, Okay, where did I what did I do? Like how did I invite this energy? What am I doing at somebody think that they can play with me like this? Like, so, I, even though I know it has nothing to do with me, I still find myself questioning, like what could I have done differently for a different result?
Speaker 3: There was nothing you could have done. How was I to know that this was playing in the background, you know?
Speaker 1: Like right, nuts, So, y'all, this is our character breakdown for Brandy Web. Okay, so and look, we know real Brandy Web in real life too. But she ain't a killer, I don't think. But that's just her first and last name. But so, she's wealthy, elegant, elegant woman with deep emotional scars from past relationships. Her character traits, she's like super sophisticated, confident, but deeply wounded and vengeful with fucking hurt and hate. Okay, so she was hesitant at first, but eventually falls with Darnielle's charm. She does show super early signs of possessiveness, you know when she stabbed that fucking cake. Okay, and like she did like a quick transformation from lover to stalker. Now I got a homegirl like she just real. She not crazy like Brandy, but she's real vindictive like cause she go well, she and my homegirl anymore. This a whole nother reasons why we're not friends no more. But I have seen her do some really fucked up shit to people that I would could never like fathom in my mind to do right. But she she is the type of person that will go above and beyond, and those type of people are necessary, right. She helps people financially, just with her time and shit like that, and the minute you fuck her over, like she's really studying, like how to fuck your whole life up.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 1: I know for sure she got two niggas in prison right now, Like she help the police put their ass in jail because they owe her money. They ended up going to jail with something like one nigga he was on parole and he flashing guns on social media. So she sent that shit to his po M money yeah, because he owed her money, like fuck you out here. And then she actually talked to a girl that he was fucking with and the girl basically told her like, yeah, we use that money that you gave him to get our apartment. So she just saw red after that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I could see why though, like oh you think it's a game. Yeah, now now you got to live in the cell.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So just like my friend, my ex friend, right, was Brandy always dangerous or Darnelle pushed her over the edge?
Speaker 3: Basically, No, she was all that bitch was always dangerous, but she I feel like she was loving to him and she wanted him to love her. And I don't think he would have seen that side of her if he didn't bring it out, you know, I don't think that would have came up, because she was ready to give him everything. Take my car, here's some clothes, here's some money, here's whatever. I'm gonna teach you how to ride a horse. I'm gonna teach you all these things because I like you and I feel like you like me.
Speaker 1: But so she's really not dangerous, like this thing has to be induced, this thing that comes out.
Speaker 3: She's still fooled though, because after he dumped her, essentially she was in his house trying to make breakfast. Then I remember like, son.
Speaker 1: Because I'm we're not done until I say.
Speaker 3: But they already said it. He came to her house and she was like, it's finny while I lasted, you know, acting unbothered. Right Like, basically she.
Speaker 1: Knew at that point, she knew at that point she had to kill him.
Speaker 3: Though, no, but then no, but then she acted unbothered. And then the next day he woke up smelling some shit burning in the kitchen and she was at his house trying to like bake some biscuits and some shit like baby and in here trying to cook, and he was like, get the fucking pushed her up against the wall and then she's like, you put your hands on the wrong one. And that's when that she switched up because she was trying to get her nigga back. She was in there trying to bake biscuits and she's like, don't go, I love you, and that's when the signals got crossed.
Speaker 1: Noah, no, look I'm with Brandy. Okay, don't tit if you don't want me fucking tatten, just don't. And you don't know who's going to be crazy. So your best bet is just to be the best person you could be in every single situation. But the oftentimes men aren't. They be misleading people intentionally. And the thing is, if you don't have the wherewithal right, just it just bes you gotta pay attention to that may not be right in front of your face.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: I can understand why she was misled me.
Speaker 3: Too, but she did. She do have some issues because remember she was sitting in the house and he ain't show up, and she stabbed that cake. She don't know, he could have been hurt, he could have been all these different You didn't know yet you know you already went immediately to enrage, stabbing a cake Like that is next level of nuts, because what if something happened to him? There was no social media. We didn't even have cell phones back then, so it might have been cell phones, but many people didn't have them. So you ain't know what was going on with that nigga before you went to level ten.
Speaker 1: What's that Salmon Walker song? Session thirty two?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I love that you don't? Yeah, it's like real short. I need her to make it until a five to ten minute song, right, But that you don't know what love is. If you don't stay up all night, if you don't call one hundred times to me, that's not love. If I call somebody phone one hundred times, I've lost my mind. Yeah, somebody calls my phone one hundred times. Your fucking nuts, because I, like you just said, I could be dead, I could be anything could be happening. Right, So you call on my phone that many times has nothing to do with actually being concerned about me. It has more to do what you just wanting me to acquiesce to how you want me to be right now. You want me to answer that phone and probably just say nothing. You keep calling just so I can answer the phone. If I call you one time and text you one time. I'm not calling back until you respond. That's it. A hundred times you see me call the first time. So now you're trying to force a response out of somebody, and that's where that shit get fucking nuts.
Speaker 3: If I if you my nigga, I might call three, but that's it.
Speaker 1: I might call three and then block you because who the fuck are you playing with? Now? I'm gonna turn the abuse. That's my abusive way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll give you. I'll call three, but after three, I ain't calling back. And when you call back, who died?
Speaker 1: You better have a Oh did you just get out? What hospital room were you in?
Speaker 3: Who? Like?
Speaker 1: Nah? Three times? And enough if you miss the whole twenty four hours talking to me. First of all, we done broke up. You just don't know it yet. It'd be like, really, boyfriend girlfriend twenty four hours past. I'll give somebody a day, I won't. You know what I'm saying. I bet like still, that's kind of pushing it, but I'll give you twenty four hours and then tomorrow I better have it better be a real good reason. I'm not fucking with you no more, but I'm not calling a hundred times. That is very stockerish. So for anybody who thinks that's okay to do to a boyfriend is not. It's not okay to call somebody's phone that many times.
Speaker 3: Now you just to charge for that at that point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're trying to force a response like I'm too playing for that shit. I don't never want a nigga to be able to show the next nigga hide on call a for one hundred times like they stroll and do this shit like this bitch, don't call me, Absolutely not.
Speaker 3: So let's talk about Regina King's character, all right. She's Durnall's childhood friend, the woman who genuinely loves him for him. She knows him in real life, not all the ness, the player, the club, She knew him before all of that. Her character Trace is loyal, grounded, the complete opposite of Brandy. She ain't got no whole lot of money. Even though they had her with that master sergeant rank in the Air Force, and I was like, who they're playing with because anybody who really know the Air Force, No, there's no way Mia can have that much rain.
Speaker 1: That age right now, who's g I Jane? She was like in her twenties as well, right straight.
Speaker 3: From high school. And I was like, oh, they played on our top with that. Oh, let's go.
Speaker 1: Back to him, her being the childhood friend and genuinely loves him for who he is.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Do men really like people to really know exactly who they are?
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 1: I think that's when you start having problems with men when you know them in and out, you know, and a lot of times that's why relationships spoil and then they go on to somebody who don't know the old them. Like actually, when they get their money money, you know what I'm saying, Like, that's why the first baby mama, that's who you want to consult with. If you're fucking with the baby daddy, right, you won't always consult with that first If he just has one baby mama, that would be great, right, But if he has a couple of them three two, consult with the first one because she knows exactly who he is. And that's why oftentimes they hate that first baby mama because she saw their struggle.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: So, do men really like you to know who they are through and through? I don't think so, because they put on for their friend that you know, exactly who they.
Speaker 3: Are except who they are through you know, once they can be that comfortable and just strip away all the armor and all the facade and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so, I really I still don't think so do we all? Do we ever know anybody through them through?
Speaker 3: Do we know our else all the way through and through? I think it's always a growth. You're always growing, You're always changing. So that's why i'd be like the first baby, may I'm a new one version of you, the youngest version of you, the one who just probably becoming an adult half the time. Mm hmm. Because I believe men they're growing change too, you know, so who they was with their first baby Mama might not be who they are with you. You don't think so it's possible.
Speaker 1: And then I honestly don't think people change that much, you know what I'm saying, Like we might tweak a little bit depending on who we are with now, right, We do do that, We compromise in relationships, We kind of sweak who we are to suit this this current. But I deep down inside, do people really three do three sixties? No?
Speaker 3: No, maybe not a three sixty, but like just growth, you know, some growth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just feel like I don't know if you capable of something at any point in your life is still in you somewhere, Like if you capable of some like real foul shit, I just don't see you, like because it's just certain shit I'm not going to do because it's just not in my DNA to do. So I'll always be looking at the person like, damn, that's you. It's surprising and I can't ever forget that because I feel like you're still capable of that.
Speaker 3: Do you think about it? I think about like, uh, girls that you knew was like super holes in their twenties and now the pastor at the church or liked to Sunday announcements.
Speaker 1: They're still capable a sucking dick on Saturday. Absolutely, that is what I expect.
Speaker 3: You're not no more. They've just grown from that version.
Speaker 1: Oh we know, they probably got better at hiding it.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 1: You know you don't give people we ain't talking about no church people, man, that that right there.
Speaker 3: You don't give people enough credit the growth and changing.
Speaker 1: I know, school teacher, that's why my fucking extra credit. Okay, Then we got Bobby Brown, which is just like the comic relief. He's supposedly the voice of reason right. He's Darnell's best friend and fellow club promoter. He's fun loving, he's blind, provides comedic relief, but often speaks the truth. He warns Donnell about Brandy being dangerous. Darnell did not take heed, Okay, he gets caught in the crossfire. Darnell's poor decision because didn't he get shot? Didn't she accidentally shoot him? No, Darnell got shot.
Speaker 3: No, didn't nobody get shot. They just fighting. Yeah, they were tussling the good in the air and then they fell out the window.
Speaker 1: So how important do you think his character is in the show.
Speaker 3: Or is he?
Speaker 1: Is? He at fault for some of the ship Like the Homeboy.
Speaker 3: He was complicit in the behavior a lot of the time. It wasn't like because, I mean, he was the reason why he was going. It was so hard to bet because he told him he couldn't get that bitch right. So, I mean his character was important. But he definitely told him to calm down with the foolishness before you get hurt. But it was the old I feel like it was the old Nigga, the club owner who was really like telling him it's a thin line between no. Dela Reices told him that, but he told him stop playing with these bitches because when emotions get involved, somebody could get hurt. And then ultimately he was he was hurting the most out of everybody because this club got burned down. He had heard damage, water damage, electrical damage. That bitch came through and pretty much like like your friend, like I would end everything you love.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm yeah, because I mean take it you putting somebody in jailous This is essentially like metaphorically taking a life away.
Speaker 3: Right when she saw Birdie, I can't believe this is the little nappy head that you played me for.
Speaker 1: So is Brandy that stereotypical crazy ex or is her behavior rooted in something much deeper? You know? Because men love to say, oh this one was crazy, that one was crazy, but they neglect to tell you the shit that they did, you know, make them crazy? And can somebody make you crazy? Right? Is your mental health your responsibility?
Speaker 3: Oh that's a good question. Your mental health is ultimately your responsibility. I was just watching something and say, like, nobody could make you angry. You know, you decide to display anger based on someone else's action, and that's a choice, right. So I mean I get that, but in theory, in theory, right, because in real life and I'm not on that level of actual self actualization, I guess, because people do have the power to hurt my feelings, to make me angry, to make me want revenge and things like that. You know. Now, Brandy, although she had the right to be upset and want revenge, she took it to a level that was it was greater than what darnell. The consequences were greater than the action.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's what I was talking about with that severity thing, right, Who can tell me how to respond? Right? So, yes, my mental health and you know, all that is it is definitely up to me. Right, But that could be like somebody, like just disrespect can be like a deadly sin for somebody, and apparently it was for Brandy. So who determines like what's serious and what's not serious?
Speaker 3: Right? That's why I always say it's just in your best bed to just be kind to people, because you don't know what a person's mental state, and you're one thing that might seem small to you might be the one thing that pushed them over the top and now they're in there boiling your bunny. You know what that movie is?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 3: No, not a line. Fatal attraction. Oh right, yeah, that's another one. That bitch went nuts. Please don't play with her.
Speaker 1: On her own.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was already nuts. He didn't that was warranted.
Speaker 1: But yeah she didn't. Nobody like induce that, Like she just was like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she just was fatally attracted to the motherfucker.
Speaker 1: And that's what I'm saying. Like Brandy was minding her fucking business because she knows she's crazy, right, you know what I'm saying, Because I know I'm crazy. Let me just and a lot of women might feel like that. That might be why a lot of women now are choosing to be by themselves too, because they just they don't feel like being feeling crazy no more. They don't feel like, you know, the ups and downs and emotions, like it's just too scary to start over for somebody else, with somebody else and possibly go through the same shit that you've been through in previous relationships. It's just tough. One of the girls this past weekend, she was like, girl, the only reason why I stole date? Uh, stole fuck with men is because I ain't gay. That's the only reason why, Because I mean, we got we need to get some other sexes out here. But this is the only reason why I'm so fucking with niggas, because I don't like bitches. I love me.
Speaker 3: When I was outside, when I was outside Saturday and Saint and they was lining up, I was like, lord, one, how do I pick one? Like I don't want one?
Speaker 1: I just say one enough things from the d m V man A little little ticket snatches.
Speaker 3: Yes, I need one of those socking pants around, baby, because the niggas is outside. But then on Valentine's Day when I didn't pick one, and now I'm by myself on Valentine's Day, I be sad. I gotta figure it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta. You gotta pick one and just see what happened. Just I don't know, maybe you gotta write their names on the thing and put it in a jar and shake it around and pick.
Speaker 3: Went out at this point, because yes, and see what happens.
Speaker 1: But you know things I always tell people, you know, relationships, stuff like hurt. That shit kind of changes your DNA. Because I am not the same person I was. I would say, six years ago, like, I'm not the same I don't have the same like emotions in relationships. I just don't. And it might come off a little bit a little cold, right, because I realized that even in a relationship. And I'm not telling anybody to be selfish, but you got to make sure you're not losing yourself as a woman, right because we be doing all the things for a man in a relationship. You got to make sure you still be putting yourself first. And I feel like most of the time we be putting ourselves on the back burner.
Speaker 3: And you don't want to end up bitter or jaded, you know. And that's the hard part, because so many times of being played with will ultimately make you start making you turn bitter or make you start feeling jaded and displaying negative you know, characteristics and characters traits toward relationships, and then you end up like Brandy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've seen this post online. I can't I probably won't be able to find it, but it was on Instagram and it was a guy saying like once you break, and it's for women in particular, no matter of fact, it may not just just have been for women. It said Basically, once you break someone's trust, it takes like X amount of time to build that trust back. So like, imagine you breaking your weird woman's trust four times out the years, like she's just finding out some bullshit, you cheating money miss whatever it is, right, it might take ten years for her to get over that shit. Who can tell me how long it's gonna take for me to be okay with you?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: I can tell you how much it's gonna take, but I can't tell you how long? Right cause it you get me about five million dollars, Bitch, I done forgot everything, like he ain't nothing ever happened.
Speaker 3: We started from scratching it.
Speaker 1: You're brand new nigga. So I could tell you how much is gonna cost you, but I can't tell how long it's gonna take.
Speaker 3: Right, But after like think about the relationships where money has never been an issue. You know, they've always had a bunch of money, and now you're doing shit. You can't buy your way out of something that's already spent. You know you already got money, so now what right you know? But we we don't know about that. So if you got five.
Speaker 1: Leagues, money always gonna fuck people up. It don't matter how much you got. This is why men still fight women and divorces and vice versa. Like nobody wants nobody playing with their fucking money. So money is actually where you hit them at. That's how you get people together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm saying, if you're in a marriage where a woman has access to millions of dollars already, then it's kind of like giving her, you know, more money. Is that gonna that's what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I guess at that point then you well listen, you threat divorce right, and I'm gonna take half that because so leaving now, So when you got millions of dollars already, the threat of leaving right could get your ass killed, right that part. So money is still the root. Money is still going to be like the thing that'll make somebody stop acting up or forget right for me, For me, I don't know about everybody else, but for me, you know, my forgiveness can be bought. Sorry, So toxic masculinity and accountability. So Darnell's lack of emotional maturity, the lesson and taking responsibility for how you treat people. Do you think he learned his lessons, so now he could be in a better relationship or I guess if him and Mia decide to be together. His childhood friend he was.
Speaker 3: Laying in that hospital bed sipping from that straw. I think he definitely learned a valuable listening about how to handle people in their emotions.
Speaker 1: I used to be with this guy in my twenties, and I would always tell him because I'm not the crazy bitch, right, but I would always warn him. I'm like, somebody gonna do something to you one day, because the things he would do would definitely have a crazy bitch doing a lot of shit to him and my ex fiance, Like this bitch was pulling up and knocking on the bedroom window and shit like that. Like that's a crazy person, and you still putting dick in her.
Speaker 3: Yeah. My grandma said she's seen somebody cut her brother. I brought him a suit and cut the suit off his ass out of the juke joint when they're young. What cutting him right out of the suit. He had to go home and ask naked. I like him up.
Speaker 1: I guess I'm indifferent about Brandy character. I really feel like she's not that crazy, Like she is crazy in theory like she is, but she is not just right.
Speaker 3: She ain't just crazy for the strength of being crazy. No, you led her there, you took her there, and you got you suffer the consequences of it, and that's a valuable lesson. It's a lot of people missing from this earth today because they played with somebody feelings mm hm. And that flies to women too, y'all, y'all, don't play with these niggas because they got emotions too.
Speaker 1: And you know, there is truly a thin line between love and hate, because I believe that they're the same emotion, right, loving somebody and hating them. It's like, it's very, very extremely strong emotions, especially like being in love with somebody and ain't getting hurt like that shit will alter who you are a little bit. So yeah, like just this, it's the same on different ends of the spectrum. Be fucking careful.
Speaker 3: But they so close together. Ain't that the crazy part?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm? Yeah, So set your emotional boundaries, Okay, tell people who you are upfront. Hey, I'm crazy, you put that dick in me, raw, shit gonna get lit, Okay, just letting you know upfront, out of that for some reason, and they keep fucking crazy bitch. They keep putting dick and the girl who be busting a card when doing stuff like that, and that is just not who I am. So maybe that's why our relationships be going array with me because I'm not crazy. I know, men like mean girls. I am a mean bitch. Now I could be a mean girl, but I'm not a crazy girl. You know, I might sound like like your mama a little bit when I'm telling you to do some shit.
Speaker 3: See, I think I have I identify more with Brandy, like I'd be nice and nice and nice and nice, and then I spit in your face, bitch, like I told Hi anything like. I know he was surprised to hear me say that because I've been like this. Sweet you know, I saw little thing the whole time again. Now you took me here and now just how I'm talking to you, and I mean it by working on that, y'all. I'm working on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are all work in progress, and I'm working on not being mean. Right. It is just shit. Shit just make you be mean sometimes. Man. That's not my normal setting either. It wasn't. It used to not be my normal setting. But things I've been through some shit. Okay, that just it just has me different, and I might not even care enough to be mean nowadays, so it's really not even I don't even say nothing anymore for real. So that might be a problem too, because now like, even if you don't feel like some shit is festering, it might be festering. And so when you finally do say something about it, it might come out in anger, right, because you've just been just not saying.
Speaker 3: It, holding on to it. So what's your last last for the girls and guys listening.
Speaker 1: I'm a little bit of brandy, okay, just a tiny bit of brandy, tiny tiny bit of brandy, A little bit of brandy. Like one of my homegirls sent the nigga who she's pregnant for some balloons to his birthday party that his bitch planned for him. She sent congratulations it's a boy, big dumb ass balloons that had him delivered via Instacart to his birthday party. That's my level of crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's nice. Yeah, that's not too much.
Speaker 1: Just in case somebody didn't know, right, everybody who love you that's in here, No, you got a baby on the way, right, Yeah, Like I think that's nice. That's my level of crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's not too much. You know, nobody gonna die, nobody getting shot, you know, that's right. But if he wasn't outside playing, that wouldn't happened to him. He wouldn't begin in balloons if he was being having integrity And I'm real honest, yeah, with some and that's my last last. Just operate with integrity and then you don't have to worry about nobody being Brandy, right, being a Brandy sending you no balloons or calling you a bitch and telling you that they gonna spit on you. You know.
Speaker 1: Allright, y'all listen, be careful out here because Brandy's be fucking lurking, maybe lurking, y'all niggas, be careful out here with y'all dating these these bitches. I like this, y'all. Have you enjoyed this episode as well? Y'all? Tune in every Thursday on The Black Effect. iHeart Radio Apple, wherever the fuck you get your podcasts at. This is your co host, AJ Holiday two point zero on Instagrams. If you want to follow me now, if you want to get on kicking.
Speaker 3: Tam, y'all, it's official Tam bam. I'm on Gristagram on Instagram. I love y'all so much. Thank y'all for tuning in once again. Remember speak now.
Speaker 1: And never hold your crazy because fuck these niggas, because why are you playing with me? Period? Bye. Four more podcasts from iHeartRadio. Visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or whatever you listen to your favorite shows