Speaker 1: Good morning, usc yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo jess hilarious.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Charlamagne, the God Peace to the planet is Friday.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 4: How y'all feel out there? I feel blessed black and Holly fad woul. Happy to be here another day to serve our beautiful listeners.
Speaker 3: What's happening?
Speaker 5: Yes, the weekend is here? What up, Jefs? How you feeling?
Speaker 6: What's up? I feel good?
Speaker 7: I finally want to go see Centers the last night. What I did cinematically it was it was cinematically it was the greatest movie I've seen in years. It was cast it great. Yo, they did so great. I think this is Michael B. Jordan's like best roll today, his best rolls.
Speaker 6: Yeah really yeah, because Street Beelle Station. I can't get over that.
Speaker 4: But yes, when you think of the degree of difficulty, right, because it's been playing twenty yeah.
Speaker 8: Yep, yup, yup.
Speaker 7: And then there's so much emotion. Even had funny parts. It was cool the story though. I ain't gonna lie nah, just I know I wasn't loving it. It didn't really make sense. And then I'm wondering where certain people went with it, why it didn't come back, and I don't.
Speaker 6: Know it was it was like ri I said, first of all, excuse me, no, because they don't play with me. Lad for real?
Speaker 3: Yes, that's what's up.
Speaker 6: I ain't know that. Shut up anyway.
Speaker 7: But yeah, it was nice. But I just felt like he had a lot of concepts that he wanted to mesh.
Speaker 6: Like it was a lot of concepts that meshed, and I was still confused. I was confusing, like, all right, wait, did just come from?
Speaker 5: Why is this?
Speaker 6: You know what I mean? You gotta see it. It's it's worth saying, definitely worth saying.
Speaker 5: It is great.
Speaker 6: I'm glad that it's doing all these numbers. Yo.
Speaker 7: Cinematically it's crazy. I honestly, I don't know who had a better movie shot than that.
Speaker 3: Honestly, Okay, especially that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh my god, that that sent chills. That was saying chills up your spot and I was shrimming. So it was like, why it shook you through a whole Yeah, it's a it's a dance floor scene.
Speaker 6: You don't see you gonnaut.
Speaker 7: It just takes you through different eras of music and how Ryan had a shot was amazing.
Speaker 5: I can't wait to see it.
Speaker 2: I hopefully, well won't get to see it this weekend, but next week and I'll definitely get to see it. Yesterday was my daughter's last dance competition. Okay, dance it's over. So yeah, so dances is a fish dances and is officially over. So they danced yesterday. So and I don't know why they do dance on a Thursday when they have school. Yeah, it makes no sense at all.
Speaker 6: But do they ever be tired of going into school because of dance?
Speaker 5: Nah?
Speaker 2: They love dance so much. It's just like they actually have their trios and their group dances, which is the whole school and trios today, so they're back out there this morning.
Speaker 5: But I just I just love watching them dances.
Speaker 2: It's no better feeling than to watch them get busy on that stage in the crowd cheering for them and all that.
Speaker 5: And just to see their faces because they love it.
Speaker 7: Now, you know the dance mom show, right, if they come up with a dance dance show, it would not be a dance dance show without envy. Yo, you are like a dance mom. But you're a dad, Okay, you would definitely be number one. Dance dances with Dad, Dance Dad Dance that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, gotta do a show. I'm gonna get lorn to reach out to the people to listen.
Speaker 3: We got a great show for you today too.
Speaker 4: Kim Coles and Erica Alexander will be here because they are launching a new podcast called Reliving Single, which is on May seventh, and uh cousin slash Governor Governor Wes Moore the last Night Period.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Governor Wes Moore will be here as well. And today is Friday.
Speaker 4: So I wanted I liked what we did last week when we did the People's Donkey of Today, So I want y'all to start calling up now to nominate who you want to be donkey of today.
Speaker 3: People can give Donkey of the day.
Speaker 4: To day anybody that they want, anybody think about, anybody you want to call us right.
Speaker 7: Now that Yeah, that's something you do every Friday.
Speaker 6: Potentially, if I have a day off of writing a paper, I would do it.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, let's get the show crack in front page News is next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning, everybody.
Speaker 5: Thej n V just Hilary Charlamage the guy. We are the breakfast club. Let's get in some front page news. What up though? What up Detroit? How y'all feeling this morning? You're home already? Right? H all right?
Speaker 2: The Knicks beat Pistols last night one sixteen, one thirteen. They closed out that series.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 5: They are playing Boston in the next round, so we'll see how that goes.
Speaker 10: To the trio.
Speaker 4: The d in his ass'm threatening him with a good time. Yes, listen, Saluta jail and brunching looking like a young Kobe Bryant is prime last night. The way he closed out, Wow, he closed out amazingly. So lout to the Knicks. They dropped forty. They dropped forty last night. The Clippers beat the Nugget last night one eleven, one oh five. They tied that series three three and tonight. If you're a boxing fan, there's a lot of boxing going on. Charlamagne is a huge boxing fan. You you watch boxing YouTube?
Speaker 3: Definitely?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I watch it.
Speaker 4: My daughter has a play to night, but after that I will be watching Ryan Garcia versus Raleigh Roley, Romero.
Speaker 5: Devin and he's fighting Jose Ramirez.
Speaker 3: A few Lopez fights tonight as well. He fights or Canela fights tomorrow too, right, Canela fights tomorrow too.
Speaker 6: It's a lot of Mexican sight.
Speaker 3: That's a wee.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 5: Always is a single to my weekend.
Speaker 4: You better have something planned special for Christmas. Toyam this day, Christmas.
Speaker 5: This Christmas.
Speaker 3: My goodness.
Speaker 5: All right, well, good morning Morgan.
Speaker 6: Good morning y'all. Happy Friday. Let's get into it. So the phrase of the day is due process.
Speaker 7: So President Trump is questioning whether to undocumented immigrants deserve due process. While delivering a commencement speech at the University of Alabama yesterday, Trump criticized judges who have blocked his administration's efforts to deport alleged illegal immigrants.
Speaker 6: Let's take a listen to his comments.
Speaker 11: They have to let us do the job that the voters want us to do. Judges are interfering, supposedly based on due process. But how can you give due process to people who came into our country illegally?
Speaker 5: They want to give him due process?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: So Trump went on, and that's a question.
Speaker 4: You know, Governor wes More is coming here, and that is a question that I asked him. Ask them the same thing doing. Undocumented immigrants have the same constitution rights as people who are here legally.
Speaker 6: M So I was going to say, well, what did he say?
Speaker 12: Trump?
Speaker 3: Trump?
Speaker 7: Trump went on to congratulate the university's women's track team and track and field for their two conference titles wins this year. He also used the opportunity to highlight his administration's efforts to ban transgender women from women's sports and tout what he believes is a better economy under his administration. He also shouted out the schools the legendary former football coach Nick Sabin, saying the University of Alabama has a brand and that brand is winning. In other news, national security advisor Mike Waltz is leaving his position as National Security Advisor. That's according to multiple reports, and this comes after Wat's face scrutiny for mistakingly adding Atlantic editor Jeffrey Goldberg to a signal chat that discussed plans for a military strike.
Speaker 6: Now Vice President j D.
Speaker 7: Vance spoke to Fox News about the matter, saying that waltzs is not being fired from his role as a National security advisor, but instead he's being promoted. I won't toss to the audio because I see, we're short on time, but he basically says that.
Speaker 6: Vance says that.
Speaker 7: Trump decided that Waltz is better served in another role, which is the US ambassador to the United Nations. So Waalts of course faced scrutiny, like I said, for adding mistakenly adding that reporter to the signal chat that discussed plans for a military strike, and Trump said in the interim Secretary of State Marco Rubio will serve as National Security Advisor while continuing to be a strong leadership, being a strong leader in the State Department as Secretary of State. Now, Republican Congresswoman Elis Stefanik of New York was the UN nominee until the White House withdrewet citing a slim House GOP majority. They want to maintain their stake in the House and in the Senate or their seats per se, and so they kept her.
Speaker 6: In that see and withdrew her nominations.
Speaker 3: What when is.
Speaker 4: Trump gonna make that same decision about Pete hegg Sathion he just made about Mike wats. You know you're not firing people, but you know you're you're promoting moving them around other positions.
Speaker 7: Yes, Yeah, Well, he has expressed the President has expressed that he has the utmost competent confidence, not competent, he has the utmost confidence in Pete Hagsath and his ability to lead the Department of Defense. So I'm not sure when that will happen, but I'll keep you posted.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, thank you Morgan.
Speaker 2: Everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need de vent phone lines or wide open again, eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, get it off your chest. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. It's a is your time to get it off your chest. Whether you're mad.
Speaker 6: Or blessed, some get up and get something.
Speaker 5: Call up now. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club. Hello.
Speaker 6: Who's this?
Speaker 8: Ye?
Speaker 9: This smooth jazz from the Port City Post. Good brust the club.
Speaker 5: What's up, brother king? Man?
Speaker 9: I just wanted to shout out my short of Renee Nicole Reynolds out here at Roomington, North Carolina. She's a beautiful, beautiful black queen and uh, I just want to show her some appreciation today.
Speaker 3: Man, that's your that's your fiance. Are married, what you're doing.
Speaker 9: We're not married. I want to get mad.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 9: We're kind of going through a rough patch right now, but I just want her to know that we're gonna get through it. It's been five years. It was five years on Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's time to get married, sir.
Speaker 4: I am sick of hearing all of these brothers that's been with these ladies for a long time and know they got good women.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting on here to do that?
Speaker 14: I know, Hey, well.
Speaker 9: I get I get that. It's just oh, we're both got things to work on. And uh, I ain't just trying to rush into no marriage.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 9: I just got out of a five year relationship with bar got with her and then now we done made it five years, So I mean anything can happen. I just don't want to listen to it and have to go through the worce because I mean, I may feel welder, but I ain't that rich.
Speaker 3: I understand.
Speaker 4: But you said something else before you talked about the finances. You said that you need to do some work on yourself that's more important than the money.
Speaker 3: Like you and you are doing the right work on yourself before y'all get married. Absolutely, that's the fact.
Speaker 9: I'm working on it though.
Speaker 3: Yes, and sluth all the welders out there.
Speaker 5: Man, yeah, all right, brother, Hello, who's this it's Toya, Hey, Toya, good morning. Where you calling it from.
Speaker 9: I'm calling from North Carolina.
Speaker 5: Okay, get it off your chest.
Speaker 15: I want to get off my chains that everybody listening to me. Let them people be.
Speaker 9: I hear Charloanage talk about mail Robbins a lot.
Speaker 14: Let them people be.
Speaker 15: Enjoy your journey, allow God to move you and guide you throughout your life. Let them people be walk away, mute those calls, block them people, and keep it moving.
Speaker 4: I love us as black people. The name of the book is electing theory. But we got to add a little rather, let them people be you. No, I like what you said.
Speaker 5: Like that.
Speaker 3: We we had a little rast battle too it.
Speaker 15: Letting people be yes, yes, yes, don't worry, look, don't don't let you don't worry.
Speaker 14: Let God be in control.
Speaker 3: We'll see. That's the serenity press.
Speaker 4: You know, black people, we grew up on that with that serenity press, sitting up in your grandma house.
Speaker 3: God grabbed me.
Speaker 4: The serenity that except the things I cannot change, courage and change things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 3: Another good one. We don't talk about my grandma.
Speaker 4: Your grandmother had the footprints footprints, pull them in their house with the picture it says, you know on there's two sets of footprints, but in the toughest times in your life, it was one set of footprints.
Speaker 3: Of the man asked God.
Speaker 4: He said, why in my toughest times there was only one set of foot God that God said, that's when I carried you, my child.
Speaker 2: Yep, get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one five. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eighty five five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 6: Who's this, Oh y'all?
Speaker 14: Good morning?
Speaker 5: Just a slim, slim, what's up your chest? Mama?
Speaker 12: Hey y'all, So let.
Speaker 14: Me tell you what happened at the podcasting bag.
Speaker 5: Something horrible happening at the Black Effect Festival.
Speaker 13: Yes, y'all, I almost pay I paid almost four.
Speaker 14: Hundred dollars for two meeting greet tickets and I didn't get anything else.
Speaker 6: Drink tickets.
Speaker 8: I ain't even getting me to sol the mad.
Speaker 3: I don't believe that.
Speaker 5: Well, what time did you?
Speaker 13: Why?
Speaker 3: Why did you pay four hundred?
Speaker 10: Them?
Speaker 3: Tickets ain't cost no fore at all.
Speaker 14: No I had two tickets.
Speaker 15: I didn't see it email that they said the day before that the.
Speaker 9: Meet and Greek was at ten a m.
Speaker 15: And that's when they gave out the bag. I ain't nobody these drinks tickets I bought like foul drinks, me and my mama.
Speaker 13: Y'all, everybody say it's nothing, we can do that question serio.
Speaker 11: I couldn't even.
Speaker 4: Say you traveling, I'm gonna send you a swag bag myself? How about that?
Speaker 13: Are you you promise?
Speaker 15: Because I you know, I say so much money for a general experience.
Speaker 13: I got really pretty for y'all.
Speaker 14: I was excited.
Speaker 15: I get a little bags and everything.
Speaker 4: You should have said something. Because there was a brother who came late. I can't remember his name. He came late and he had brought the me and greet tickets, so I just told him to bring him h bring him backstage.
Speaker 6: While I was at she did say something.
Speaker 16: She said for te minutes, I was like, oh my god, if you remember, my mom tapped you on the back.
Speaker 14: She gave you a bag.
Speaker 13: Oh, she gave you my camera.
Speaker 3: Get get at the Lauren.
Speaker 14: Yes, she gave Lauren a little bag. And we were like, what can we do?
Speaker 3: Real quick?
Speaker 13: She thought oning, So she ended up giving Lauren to get bag. But you know that's all we can do.
Speaker 4: We gonna get we get information. I'm gonna send you a couple of swag bags.
Speaker 15: Thank you.
Speaker 14: That'll be nice.
Speaker 15: Also set our podcast or something.
Speaker 3: What's the name of the podcast.
Speaker 13: I ain't get to meet nobody.
Speaker 3: What's the name of the podcast?
Speaker 15: The Moose, Lift and Liquor podcast.
Speaker 3: Earlier this week.
Speaker 14: Oh, my mama probably calls out.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 13: I'm like, I need miel mama.
Speaker 5: Call your mama call this week.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 4: I'm a little confused now because your mama called up here earlier this week shot the Loose Lift Flicker podcast. And she said that we met, and she said she had a good time and all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 2: No, no, she said she met Lauren. Remember she said she met Lauren and gave her a swag bag and all that.
Speaker 3: I don't remember, but I'll send you out. I'll make sure you get right.
Speaker 13: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: Put her on.
Speaker 5: Okay, yes, Eddie, get her information.
Speaker 12: Please.
Speaker 6: She's not lying, y'all.
Speaker 3: I don't think she lying.
Speaker 5: Worry. What's up? Get up your chest?
Speaker 3: Brother?
Speaker 9: Yeah, what's up?
Speaker 14: Who's up there today?
Speaker 10: I know?
Speaker 5: Yeah, everybody's up here.
Speaker 14: Okay, what's up? Everybody just want to say what up? And I just want to get off my chest to technology. We just got to put down the technology. We're going into all directions about how they just did an implant in a paraplegic.
Speaker 3: Dude, Yes, I heard about that. The neural link right, yeah?
Speaker 4: THENK YESNK exactly?
Speaker 14: How we know that's too How we don't know? That's AI just talking to us. You know, you're not a prisoner in his own body, and he's just stuck and they are talking about nah, we're good. I'm he's just gonna take over.
Speaker 3: I agree, But by the way, that's the third person to get neural link. By the way, yes, he is on his way.
Speaker 14: So it's gonna be a million. And then how we're gonna know who's controlling what?
Speaker 7: It is?
Speaker 14: Just too much. We need a new Black Friday holiday with the blackout all in and Thatt. That's good for y'all. We can still have radio, but just put the technology down for take a break, you.
Speaker 8: Know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I get what you're saying.
Speaker 4: But you know those guys like Elon Musk who are fundraising eight point five billion dollars to do stuff like neural Link, they not taking no break. They figured out how to put other people's consciousness and other people's bodies.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, get it off your chest. Eight on five eight five one o five one. Now we got the latest Lauren coming up.
Speaker 17: We do so as time Wine's down for Diddy to go to trial. He just rejected a plea deal, he confirmed in the court yesterday. He is looking at almost up to life in prison if he doesn't.
Speaker 5: Say there's another plea deal offer him, because we did. We were the first one.
Speaker 6: Last one. That's the same one.
Speaker 17: But remember those were documents and we didn't really know exactly what was happening because it was just these documents. But he was in court yesterday and he confirmed. The judge asked him, did you reject that plea deal? He said, yes, I did.
Speaker 3: I want to know what the plea deal was. That's what you need to be asking your saurces. I need to know what the plea was that he turned down, right, all right?
Speaker 2: Well, the latest with Lauren's up next. Don't go anywhere. It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Good morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Warning everybody a CJ NV jess hilarious, charlamage, the guy.
Speaker 5: We are the breakfast Club. Let's get to the latest with Lauren.
Speaker 6: Lauren be coming on the straight fast.
Speaker 5: She gets them. Somebody that knows somebody detail.
Speaker 6: I'm a long girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 5: She'd be having the latest on the laws, the latest with Lauren la Rosa.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you have facts, sometimes you have details. Sometimes you have a little bit every time.
Speaker 5: So it's the leader on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Talk to me, all righty y'alls.
Speaker 17: Thursday, yesterday, the first of May, did he was in court and he walked into court. He was there with his attorney, his attorneys, attorney Gar Gross and Brian Steele, who was a young thug's attorney in his trial. And he rejected, or he confirmed that he rejected the plea deal that we've been talking about in here. So he's in court and the judge asked him, did you reject the plea deal?
Speaker 8: Did?
Speaker 6: He says, yes, I did.
Speaker 17: The judge is like, are you aware of the fact that you could potentially serve more time in prison because of the plea deal rejection if you're convicted?
Speaker 6: And did?
Speaker 17: He told the judge that he did understand the stakes of what was on the line now a lot.
Speaker 3: Brian Stel is new to the case, right, Yes.
Speaker 6: Brian still is new to the case.
Speaker 17: We reported when he came on and when it was actually like real, like okay, he's working the case now now. I spoke to a source close to the case trying to figure out more of what the plea deal was because most people nobody knows what it is as of now, so I got a bit more details.
Speaker 6: What I was told is.
Speaker 17: That the plea deal included did he having to plead guilty to a lot of things that he absolutely did not do. Now there's he's saying he didn't do any of this, right, he's been saying, I'm not guilty of any of this whatsoever. But there are certain things and certain allegations that are so absurd that Diddy's team feels like they don't even have evidence to even bring this into conversation, So he's not even going to plead guilty and give them any leeway to throw things on him or to build a case with those things. Now, I want to point to the fact that, you know, when jay Z came out, the woman from the two thousands of the VMA Awards has said that Diddy and jay Z allegedly raptor that was dismissed once jay Z faulted, and that was one of the claims. I want to also point out the Little Ride thirty million dollar lawsuit. They decided not to move forward with that as well too because of the claims it. Yes, but I pointed to those because those claims, even civilly, just show how outrageous. According to my source, and according to what I believe, Diddy's legal team is looking at the claims can get when it comes to Puff in the situation because people have begin to power on. So what I'm being told is the same thing that's happening on the criminal side, and on top of it happening on the criminal side, there is no evidence allegedly to back up the piling on of these different things. So Puff is saying he wants he wants to go to court. He wants to fight it.
Speaker 3: Listen, I don't know what's true.
Speaker 4: It was not true, but I you know, did he also told us the Cassie stuff wasn't true?
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, i'd but didn't that.
Speaker 3: Turned out to be, you know, a complete lie.
Speaker 4: So I have no idea, you know, because like to your point, the Diddy situation has been so muddied because of a lot of these civil cases and a lot of these things that are flooding the internet.
Speaker 3: That's not what he's on trial for exactly. He has to fight it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can't see him not even taking it the plea. He has to fight it.
Speaker 17: Well, I will say to even with the plea, the plea isn't because they feel like the prosecutors don't feel like they don't have a strong case. You do that, just, you know, by operation, because if you don't do it, did he could come back after he's convicted, if he's convicted and say, Yo, they didn't have my best interests in mind. So I need to appeal this because if they have my best interest they want me to just sit in jail. They would have gave me, they would have helped me catch a break through.
Speaker 2: A plea deal, maybe because I think they would really, if they have everything that they say they have, they would really try to lock there for.
Speaker 5: A long time in the barrister is shot today.
Speaker 3: They try, they're trying to.
Speaker 5: I don't think they would offer them a play in my opinion.
Speaker 17: So well, I will say, normally and most typically in a court case, especially this high stake, that's what you do. It's literally like a protection. It's like, let me get this out the way and offered. We know he probably won't take it, but let's just do it so that we can check this box real quick and listen.
Speaker 3: I don't know anything about the law.
Speaker 4: I am not a lawyer, and I know Brian still just came on the case. But the lawyers that he was with this whole time that couldn't even get him a bond, are they still around as well?
Speaker 3: He got rid of some of them are?
Speaker 6: Some of them are?
Speaker 4: I wouldn't trust the same lawyers who can't even get me a bond to you know, win a trial for me. But I also don't know how much influence the lawyer has on whether or not their client gets a bond.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I get what you're saying.
Speaker 17: I think though, because he has so many different counsel and then he has Brian Steel that just came on as new, the team seems like they'll be a little bit more or fresh because it's different conversations, different leaderships or leadership in the in the situation.
Speaker 3: Now, that's what I want to know.
Speaker 6: I don't know exactly what he turned down yet.
Speaker 17: I just know what it was leaning toward, and from what I am told, that was, uh, you know Puff's legals team, Like that was the biggest thing for him. Is like there's so much in here that it is not true and they can't prove it because there's no evidence because it never happened.
Speaker 4: We are not going, Yeah, I forget all that, But what was the time because I've read somewhere and I don't know if this is true.
Speaker 3: Uh, somebody said five years.
Speaker 6: I didn't see plea deal for five years, but.
Speaker 5: I didn't look it up.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's true. I just saw that some week.
Speaker 17: All the outlets I've seen, they don't know what it was because of like everything's it's supposed to not be getting out into the media or whatever. But the case starts the actually goes to court that begins on May twelfth. They also addressed a joy selection in court that day, and people you know that were there are commenting on how he looked.
Speaker 6: They said he looked happy.
Speaker 17: It's been released that he's able to actually wear like clothes, clothes when child starts. He doesn't have to come student the boot in his jail stuff. But it's only like five different outfits like certain shirts, certain ties, five button down shirts, five pairs of parents five sweaters, five pairs of socks, two pairs of shoes without laces is what he's allowed to wear.
Speaker 5: Course, so no, got we loafs?
Speaker 6: Yeah, shoes without laces, yep, that's yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean I have no reason not to be happy, you know what I'm saying, other than the fact that he's locked up because if the room was a true he's having.
Speaker 17: A shut up literally stop what okay?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 17: In other news, uh, the Tony Award announcements have come out and people right now are pretty upset. They feel like Othello was snubbed for a Tony Award and yeah for twenty twenty five Tony Award nomination. Now Candy Birds, who co produced with her husband Todd Tucker. She got on Instagram and was telling Instagram that you know, she felt the same way. She says she was disappointed, even though she's beyond proud. Every time she watched the class Cash, she says she's blown away and inspired. Now This directed by Kenny Leon, is a revival of the William Shakespeare tragedy which stars Denzel Washington, and the production on Broadway has made like it's made records.
Speaker 6: It's making.
Speaker 17: It has made two point eight million in one week of previews, which is the highest weekly gross for a Broadway play. So people feel like, you know, because of all of that and just how good it is, they should have been nominated for a Tony Award and it did not happen. Have anybody y'all said, well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I haven't seen it yet either.
Speaker 17: When this story came out, I was like, dang, I wish i'd seen it because I could tell you how good it was. But I've heard that it's very very good. Okay, but that's it, y'all.
Speaker 2: All right, Well that is the latest with Lauren. We got a major announcement something that I'm doing big. It's back, so you know, it's cast show season and We always talk about the different cities we go to. We try to go to different cities each and every year. This year, the Drive Your Dreams Call Show is coming to the seventh Hampton Roads Area, Norfolk, Virginia, Virginia Beach, Port Smith, Newport News, Hampton, DMV area. The BBS Boys and myself Djami said, that's all school cars and new school cars of bringing the Call Show to the Hampton Conventions and to drop a bomb.
Speaker 5: Now you know how we do it each and every year.
Speaker 2: Tickets started just nineteen ninety nine, so tickets to nineteen ninety nine. If you have small kids five and under, absolutely positively free. So your kids are free. Don't worry about the kids. And we got games, we got rides, we got amusement stuff, we got all types of things for the kids, face painting and more jumpies, salute to Monster Energy. They got the bike exhibition. All that is free once your kids get in. There's no tickets. You don't need nothing. Once you get in the building is free and all types of cars. We're bringing it to the days before we used to go to Miami, right, we used to go to Virginia Beach, whether it was Fourth of July, whether it was Memorial Day, whether it was Labor Day, we went to Virginia Beach, and we're gonna bring that feeling back Dominican.
Speaker 4: That's right, Mad Hunters, Toy Jet hondais.
Speaker 13: That's right.
Speaker 2: The car show is coming to the seven five to seven, that is July nineteen, Saturday, from twelve to five, kids five and under a free Your favorite celebrity from Virginia will have their car in the show. So I want you to think about what celebrities are from Virginia. We're gathering all of them. Salute to Bubba, Chuck, Alan Overson, Salute to push your t the clips for real, Timberland. I'm calling you, Tray, I'm calling you Chris, I'm calling you.
Speaker 5: It will be a movie. So get your tickets right now.
Speaker 2: Tickets to nineteen ninety nine today, kids five and under a free. You guys have been asking about coming back to my second home, the Home by the Seat of seven, five to seven, So I need the whole seven five to seven and DMV to pull up, BBS boys and dj MV.
Speaker 5: I can't wait to see you again. Twelve to five.
Speaker 2: My whole family will be there. I can't wait to meet your family. I need the Hampton Roads area to pull up on me July nineteenth.
Speaker 7: Take it to twenty dollars, yes, nineteen nine, nineteen ninety nine, Oh my god, twenty dollars.
Speaker 3: So we do nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Okay, we do that for the first day so everybody can afford it, you know, cause sometimes it's tough dout there, so they can afford it. And kids five and under a free. Kids five and under free the whole time. So if you got kids, bring your kids. If they look six and you say they five, is cool, bring your kids seat. I mean, and we've all been there before, but bring your kids. Is five and under a free and we're gonna have a lot of fun at the seven five to seven. You know, I went to ha University, my wife went to Old Dominion, So we're gonna have a lot of fun in the seven five seven. So tickets are on sale right now, and get your tickets when we come back. We got Front page News and then also Donkey of the Day. If you want to give somebody donkey, Charlamagne is opening up the phone lines for you so you can give donkey to whoever you want. Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one.
Speaker 5: Call us up right now. Front page news is next as the breakfast Club. Good morning, Good morning everybody. It's dej n V Jess hilarious, Charlomagne the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news. What up done?
Speaker 13: What up?
Speaker 5: Detroit? Yes, the next week Detroit?
Speaker 2: Last night one sixty one thirteen, Uh, Detroit is home early on vacation. Now the Clippers beating the Nuggets one eleven, one oh five day tied to series three three. All right, so again, congratulations to Jaylen Brunton and the New York Knicks cap.
Speaker 5: What's up our heart? What's up the whole New York Knicks fan?
Speaker 3: Y'all.
Speaker 2: Y'all played a hell of a game last night. Man, the way y'all came back, Jesus, so I was happy. Did you see the game last night?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 10: I did not.
Speaker 7: But when I go to Detroit, they're gonna tell me some stuff to come back and tell you, because you on here.
Speaker 3: Goingear me up for a week.
Speaker 2: And I just had to be quiet because you never know what the Knicks sometimes, So I was waiting for the next to win. And last night when we blew the twelve point lead. I said, ooh, the Troy's gonna be in my ass.
Speaker 3: So the D was tearing you up. The D was in your ass.
Speaker 5: The Troy was tearing me up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the D was tearing you up. The D was in your ass. You heard it, he said this weekend. It was going down, grow up?
Speaker 6: What's that?
Speaker 11: God?
Speaker 6: Oh my goshell, y'all.
Speaker 7: Hey, So let's continue talking. Do process as it is the theme for front page News today. So the White House will not confirm reports it has asked El Salvador about the status of Kilmar a break Go Garcia. Secretary of State Marco Rubio has reportedly been in touch with El Salvador about Garcia, but during a recent cabinet meeting, Rubio told reporters he will not comment on it. Let's take a listen to his comments.
Speaker 18: Well, I would never tell you that, and you know who else I'll never tell A judge is the convict of our foreign policy belongs to the President of the United States and the executive branch.
Speaker 5: Now soon judged.
Speaker 18: So we will conduct foreign policy appropriately if we need to, but I'll never discuss and no one will ever make us discussing because that's how foreign policy work.
Speaker 6: So gouts, of course, in case you missed it or you've been under a rock.
Speaker 7: Garcia was supported to El salvad Or mistakenly and what the White House said was an administrative error, but has since said that he's a member of the MS thirteen gang. I'm not sure if you guys saw that photo that Trump was holding with his tattoos that seemingly was photoshopped to say MS thirteen across his knuckles. Now, next week, the administration is facing a court ordered deadline to provide an update on steps that they've taken to return Garcia here back to the United States.
Speaker 4: The need they need to stop focusing on him as an individual, and what they need to start focusing on is the fact that the Constitution is not being respected. They need to be focusing on the fact that everybody is allowed due process. Stop making it about the individual, make it about the actual issue, because that issue can happen to anybody.
Speaker 7: Right And I think that's why they're trying to, you know, nail down what's happening with the individual so that we can make it a blanket or.
Speaker 1: That that you know it can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but when you make it about the individual.
Speaker 4: But when you make it about the individual and people can say, well, he's MS thirteen or he was here illegally, and then it makes people dismiss the whole situation. The actual problem is the fact that this man is not being allowed due process under the constitution.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 7: This comes as a federal judge is blocking the deportations of Venezuelans in South Texas under the Alien Enemies Act.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 7: Judge Fernando Rodriguez, who was appointed during Trump's first administration, rights that members of the violent Venezuelan street gained trend di Agua are not invading the country, and the administration's recent swift deportations, he ruled violate due process rights now. The ruling came as part of a lawsuit brought by three Venezuelan men who claim they're not members of the gang. Do we got time for one more, y'all? I think this is a big one for a lot of people. It's going to impact a lot of people. Sure, Education, all right, let's get it to it. So the Department of Education will resume collecting defaulted student loan debt this coming Monday.
Speaker 6: That is Sinco de Mayo that is May fifth.
Speaker 7: The department announced collections will begin on May fifth, and borrowers could be referred to debt collectors or have money deducted from their paychecks. Student loan repayment requirements were paused in March of twenty twenty due to COVID nineteen and that pandemic. Now, the Biden administration opted not to resume those collections and attempted to forgive student loan debt in a program that was ultimately struck down by the Supreme Court. But the Trump administration has indicated it would offer no such concessions to borrowers. And the reason why I say this is because you never know if something like this Department of Education and student loans, or whether or not you own you oe on student loans, could impacted in the way where you know you might need your due process. So if I could give donkey of the day, as you're allowing people to do so Charlemagne to God, I would do that to student loans.
Speaker 6: I would give the student loans the donkey of the day. He Hall.
Speaker 2: That's right, Well, Charloman is opening up the phone line too, So if you want to give somebody donkey to day, eight hundrink five eight five one five we say, Charlotte.
Speaker 4: Yeah, call us right now. That's a damn shame though. Man, the economy is already in shambles. Tariffs, got consumer goods, you know, prices high. They're talking about a recession this summer. And you know the student they collecting on student loan debts on Monday. They really trying to break people. Yeah, like they really driving people to the brink.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 7: Well, the best I think we could do right now is cheers to the freaking weekend. And that's your front page news.
Speaker 6: If you can afford to drink, if you can afford to buy a drink for real.
Speaker 7: But following you on socials at Morgan Media, that's your front page news. For more news coverage, follow at Black Information Network, download the free iHeartRadio app and visit us at b I nnews dot com.
Speaker 6: Y'all have a good one.
Speaker 3: You how much crack costs nowadays?
Speaker 8: What do it look like?
Speaker 3: I'll be going, I'm just saying, I don't know, I don't really know it. I don't even know anybody's tell crack no more but bottomore that I know. Yeah, right, I remember crack used to be like twenty twenty dollars.
Speaker 6: Mber, Remember, why would you ever buying it?
Speaker 4: And I sold it a little bit, little petty drug dealer. But I just wonder how much crack costs now. No, I did coke once because it was somebody had put it in a blunt with some wheat. I did it by accident. I wouldn't do a by accident. I wouldn't do a by accident now.
Speaker 5: But you know, maybe I wouldn't do it by accident now.
Speaker 4: Maybe ten years ago, maybe ten fifteen years ago, somebody would have slipped it to me by acci.
Speaker 3: Then I might have enjoyed it again, might taked?
Speaker 6: You need advice to cope with what's going on.
Speaker 3: You know, it's given that that was the best I ever had in my life. I still remember it. I'm not I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm just telling you I don't not do it, okay, But I'm just telling you that when it accidentally happened to me, it was amazing.
Speaker 2: All right, No cracks. Move on from Crack Reliving Single a new podcast from Kim Coles and Erica Alexander.
Speaker 5: They'll be joining us next and don't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning Everybody. It's DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club Lawn. La Rosa's here as well. We got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: Some legends are in the building, Erica Alexander and Kim Coleanky Day. They have launched the Reliving Single podcast. New episodes come out every Wednesday, starting on May seventh on YouTube.
Speaker 6: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: What inspired the creation of the Reliving Single Podcast?
Speaker 6: Well, you know, looking at my gucci, it's about that time.
Speaker 11: Why not.
Speaker 7: It's been thirty years, actually thirty years two years ago. Actually it's thirty two years that we had the anniversary of our show. The problem was it was during the strike and no one was allowed to say anything about anything that was on a studio and or network type of thing.
Speaker 6: So then nothing happened.
Speaker 7: And for a very long time I was asked about reboot and I always said, I always.
Speaker 6: Said yeah, I said consistently because I didn't want to go.
Speaker 7: I'm very identified with that character Maxie Shaw, attorney at law, and I love her. But perhaps, and I always say this very honestly, if I had a big film career, something that would offset it. That would be nice. So it wasn't just a matter of me saying no. I would be stepping into something that I didn't think I could shake as easily as you know other people. And so this opportunity came and was approached by Eric Eddings at a heartbeat, and he said, do you want to do this? I said, now, not really, I don't want to do it, but he kept asking and I thought, well, Ma, it's the thirtieth anniversary. People really love it, They're doing things all the time. Why not, And it's an opportunity because of you. Charlemagne learned very well with Color Farm, and you've given us our opportunities with finding Tamika and also with the reparations, the big payback that you can go in podcasts where you can't do that even in documentary, and with episode after the episode, we'd be able to talk. And then they approached Kim and I.
Speaker 19: Said, yes, I'm waiting. I actually think that you know this is this is shallow. I know, I think we all still look good. Let's do the reboot while we listen. Everybody's busy and everybody has their own other thing that they're doing. And so this was an easy way to give the fans and the friends of the show a taste of what they want. For sure, everyone will come on the show, and I can't. I don't know if I can give away that someone has already come and taped an episode smooth chest that can. And so it's a chance to go deep. Like you said, we're going to talk about the behind the scenes and the things. And actually we've known each other for that long, revelations have come out, like things have come out like I didn't know that about you, Erica, I didn't know that about this that was going on behind the scenes. And so the audience will be let in on something very powerful that could not even happen on a reboot.
Speaker 5: So you're welcome.
Speaker 3: So many white shows do it, scrubs. I can't remember any brothers, Donald, Andy.
Speaker 19: And this is a yes, this is us at the office the first rewatch shows.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: We are probably hosted by the actual cast members that I can think of. I could be wrong, but I can think of.
Speaker 19: I feel so so it feels like the right time and we're having a good time doing it.
Speaker 17: Have you guys ever thought about if you did do a reboot where the character's lives would be.
Speaker 6: Now, like what would the storylines be?
Speaker 19: I have and I don't know if I'm right. You know, like there was talk on the on Living Single that Sinclair and Overton would have twins and their names would be sin Cloverton and Overclaire. So we have twins grown up there, you know, loving so all the things, all the things that.
Speaker 7: Would be governor, yeah, you know, probably ruling like she is always has always been. You know, obviously she has to be tied up with TC's Kyle Barker, right, and they had a child on half and half.
Speaker 6: I don't know if that child still exists.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I mean, you know, that's a good question. She might be in a in a bar somewhere. I mean it's already Mexican jail somewhere doing to her damage. You know, maybe she was burnt out by life.
Speaker 6: He knows.
Speaker 7: I mean, you go that fast pace, you don't always win, and a lot of lawyers burn out.
Speaker 4: That could be so good because I even cad what she would have to make changes.
Speaker 3: There's no such thing as the printage.
Speaker 19: She would be a medium mogul supposed but here that's the other thing too. I remember, you know, the fans always say, where's a reboot?
Speaker 8: Reboot?
Speaker 19: And one time I saw somebody say, no, I don't want to see where they've gone, because in my mind, they live in a perfect space, in a perfect place. And so anything that we do, there will be somebody who disagrees with it.
Speaker 6: Well why is she in a jail?
Speaker 13: Why is she?
Speaker 19: You know, whatever it is like, there will be no it lives in a perfect space where it is right now.
Speaker 3: So maybe let it be definitely a jail storyline. We wouldn't want to.
Speaker 7: Situation, you know what I'm saying, meaning she was having too much fun? I mean why you know, you're saying something very real or in fact meets fiction. That's where we are coming in talking about something that's very fact. Maxine Shaw is a fictional character. Eric Alexander's effect Eric Alexander in thirty years of living has changed.
Speaker 6: You know, and we had good days, bad days.
Speaker 7: We have you know, ups and downs, and so I'm hoping those characters would have the same things that we had.
Speaker 4: What moments on set of Living Single helped shape who you all are off camera, not just as actresses, but as women that had to navigate fame and friendship and career pressure. What moments helped shape who you are off CAM.
Speaker 19: I think we got along really well, very quickly. I felt the energy from the first table read, and so there was an energy and a respect and a friendship and a sisterhood and a brotherhood that developed so quickly that that permeated everything else that we did. Like we would go and hang out together. America and TC have the same exact birthday the same day John Hinton's birthdays two weeks later, so we would go out, like, what do y'all want to do for your birthday? Salsa dancing, Let's go. So we became family really quickly, and so I think that that helped infuse use the energy on the set and in our characters. We really were friends, and we really are still friends.
Speaker 7: But then we're also you know, movers and shakers. If you're twenty three years old and I'm faking like I'm a lawyer, I have a high school degree, and I think it made me want to level up, I mean in my reading and how I you know, approach life. I mean, she was a killer, she was a real winner. So I'd like to say that that shaped me a lot. I think it was already there, but I really liked how she was. She had integrity. I don't know that's a really good question, you really is. But I think that a lot of things that have happened after the show have been very consistent with what our characters might have done.
Speaker 3: Well, you try to think about that question and unpacking on the reliving single.
Speaker 6: Okay, we don't think about it. That would be a questions submitted.
Speaker 3: This questions.
Speaker 19: Are the fans and the friends of the show can send in their questions, and so we call it true blue. Yeah, so we will make sure that one so you heard it here first and it will unpack it further.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 19: He's giving us homework.
Speaker 17: Erica or miss Alexander. What do you want me to call your Okay, Erica the great Eric got you the great period. I was reading this article on msn and MSNBC's website and the writer was talking about how you're she discovered she was late. She had discovered living single for the first time a year ago, and like deep dived and like went and read conversations around it, and she was trying to figure out why you didn't want it enmy for your performance Oh that's good. And I when I read it, I'm like, first of all, late to the party, but welcome. But I thought about it, and I was like, I mean, like, what's that feeling like for you? Because yeah, like you said, you were how old portraying the character? Twenty three portraying it? We would have never known you sold it. You did it like the storylines that y'all dived into, you know what I mean? Like, did you ever feel like there were things that should have happened for you in that role?
Speaker 7: For a minute, people, I'm unfortunately in a club that no one wants to belong to, and especially if you think that, and you know, I'll take the compliment, say thank you very much. But I was right alongside people like Cely Tyson and all these other people would never want anything for the work that they had done. And Cecily Tyson has since gotten an oscar and she got it before she passed, and those types of things. But no, I think blackness, racism, all the disparities and equities were there, and especially in then what is the early nineties, And I say the black or the berry, the sweet of the juice, the tighter the noose they don't let you go.
Speaker 6: For so far.
Speaker 7: And that's real, and so I'm very gratified, but it's nothing you can do about it. There's people like Abbot Elementary and all the other people, and they've come and doing very well. But you know, being a dark skin actress and also being funny and maybe not being the ideal of what they thought funny. Girls looked like they know what to do with me, and I got offered nothing after I finished that.
Speaker 6: You absolutely no.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a shame, all right. When we come back, we have more with Erica Alexander and Kim Coles. When we come back, it's the breakfast club in the morning. Morning, everybody's DJ Envy just hilarious. Charlomagne, the gud we are the breakfast Club. We're still kicking with Erica Alexander and Kim mc cooles.
Speaker 4: Charlomagne, how do you working on living single change change your view of black sisterhood?
Speaker 3: And did it shift the way you approached friendships in you your real life?
Speaker 19: Not for me, because I have incredible female relationships, incredible if at my high school we just celebrated our forty fifth anniversary last week, I couldn't come because I was headed here for y'all, and so I've already had.
Speaker 6: Next week times.
Speaker 13: You got me here.
Speaker 19: Now I'll see all the to tighten it up, so I'm real cute by then. But the point is I always had really good friendships and and and actually it felt normal to me to be around with men that I respect. They were all different, but I respected, loved, and so I had that and I had that strength. So it just felt like that felt like home. I don't know if that's the right answer.
Speaker 6: What was the question you're talking about? The family? Sorry that the women friendships?
Speaker 7: You know, it was in all girls high school, Philadelphi High School for girls. Got to give shout out, and I wasn't good with girlfriends, they said. I always loved boys. I always love men.
Speaker 6: I'm a guys girl.
Speaker 3: I always have.
Speaker 6: I grew up in Arizona. I'm a tomboy.
Speaker 5: I always thought of men.
Speaker 19: No, no, no, not that it wasn't that IDs, I understand.
Speaker 7: But for all that I went to an all girls high school, I didn't necessarily think that I practiced much because that was my preference.
Speaker 6: It kind of still is.
Speaker 7: I just think that there was a lot of freedom. I thought that men had they took me, took me for I don't say one of the guys. But once you show you could stand up with them, I got a lot of truth about who I was next to them, and I thought sometime I was pulling my punches with women like oh, don't say that, you're gonna make her feel.
Speaker 6: Like I'd have time for that.
Speaker 7: Yes, I completely resonate with you. That's how I grew up the same way. I had maybe what three homegirls, but I had like ten eleven. I always went where the guys went. I'm hanging on the court. That's how it became so quick on my feet with being exactly having jokes throwing them back, they throwing them at me. I didn't feel guys didn't get offended when I'm joking with them. You know, girls they are a little bit more, you know, and I'm saying they like, I'm not one.
Speaker 6: No, it was like, you know kind of you know, you like projected in that chase too.
Speaker 7: I feel very protective respect that they do respect that you like, Oh yeah, that's how girl.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 6: So I've been like that as well.
Speaker 7: But I wanted to ask, what do either of you think that friends the show Friends truly owe some of its success to the groundwork laid by Living Single.
Speaker 19: One hundred thousand percent, one hundred thousand percent. Moving on next question, No.
Speaker 9: I.
Speaker 19: This is a little fact that most people don't know is that the president of the network, of their networker, NBC at the time, had been asked if there was any show that you wish you could have purchased for this, you know, upcoming scene season. He said, I wish I bought a Living Single, And then a year later there was Friends, and so it absolutely tracks and yeah, a great show, and wish them all well, but it absolutely we influenced them. And it was also tough because you know, we were both Warner Brothers production. We were on this little ranch lot, you know, off to the side, and they were on.
Speaker 3: The big lot.
Speaker 19: We have a cafeteria and you have little try you know, bicycles to get from hither hither and then and and the salary was huge, very different. What the access they had to marketing, the access they had to all the money and all the things was very different than what we had.
Speaker 7: We had craft service table run by this old, old white dude named Pops, and he's putting things out like rich crackers and pickled eggs.
Speaker 6: And we're like, we're gonna fart all day.
Speaker 17: Better.
Speaker 6: It did get better.
Speaker 7: We had to ask for that, das for air conditioning, all these other things, and had to I just come from The Cosby Show, the biggest show in the world. I wasn't expecting it to have that kind of you know, leverage. But you did know when you thought you were being treated less than and they didn't have to because, like a lot of productions, if you put very little into black people, we give you more. Black show Biz gives you more. And when they see that, the investments not necessarily there. And that's what you really miss.
Speaker 3: Out on the Living Single.
Speaker 4: Even did it get pitched the NBC because it would make so much sense because, like you said, you were on the Cosby Show.
Speaker 3: The success of the Kybee showing different world NBC should have stood for nothing but colors after that's what success color.
Speaker 6: And that's not what didn't happen.
Speaker 7: Actually, the good thing about it, if you if you watch, if you listen to the show and watch it, Kim has the origin story.
Speaker 6: Kim is the origin story.
Speaker 19: The show is created around Queen Latifa and me a lot of people don't know that. They called me into immediate Warner Brothers and we want to do a show, and a lot of people don't know this either. The idea of the show. The impetus was, you remember the movie Jungle Fever. It's a scene that they called the War Council, and so a group of women sitting around talking about men and relationships and you know what they're dealing with. And they said to me, and I'm assuming they said to Latifah too in a separate meeting, we want to do a show that's about this. And I said, if the show is about bashing men, I'm not interested. And not that that scene in Jungle Fever was only about bashing men, but they were handling a particular topic and they were like, oh, okay, because I love men, and so if we can talk about the relationships and you know, the growth and the you know, being driven and.
Speaker 12: What do you want?
Speaker 19: I was like, I'm in. And they were having the same meetings with Latifa. The two of us will put together and then we together agreed that that Lee bowsorship, you be the one to create the show, so to be there at the beginning and to be involved in creating Sinclair and involved in knowing what the relationships were going to be to start with, and then to hear it and watch it unfold. Was excited. They'll say the best and you know privilege and.
Speaker 11: You know that too.
Speaker 7: We got to give her props because both she and Latifa asked for a black show runner. There are very few black in especialist in Hollywood, the writers, let alone the showrunner. Vett Lee Bowser happened to be on different world doing her things. She was on hanging with Mster Cooper. She had the background, but they weren't necessarily going to just give that to her. So you guys ask and somebody female.
Speaker 6: That was yeah, that was like a yeah, they just they just gave into that because during that time, I.
Speaker 19: Feel and if you you know, you get two people that you've created a deal around and we both go, yeah, she's the one. They go, Okay, well let's give her a shot.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 19: And also you said that we both were at the same agency, so our agency helped and and and Evett was also at the same agency.
Speaker 7: It's called a Hollywood package. And so was Kim Fields in that agency, and so was John Hinton. The only two people not in that agency were me in TC.
Speaker 17: So did you guys talk, because a lot of times now on TV, people are like, we sha conversations behind the scenes, rally together and then go to the forefront and act for we want did y'all did you wan.
Speaker 6: Queen and t for y'all?
Speaker 19: Agents get to do that?
Speaker 7: We did?
Speaker 19: We did so that list and us we each met with her separately and we both together said, oh, she's the one, let's go with her. And then you know, the agents do their do their movements. You know that that we do know about and that we don't know about. But yeah, there was like, for example, the name of the show was not originally Living Single. It was My Girl and I tell a story on the podcast of we were like they wanted to change the name to Living Single, and we thought it was horrible. Who says that nobody talks that way?
Speaker 8: Yeah, what's up?
Speaker 19: I'm Living Single? It's like, so I have a memory and I don't know. Dana would have to correct me. If we got into a little golf cart and went from the plantation lot where we were.
Speaker 6: Over to the big lot and got.
Speaker 19: Invited into the office of the president of the network, like you know, president of production company, right like the way we would like to protest. And I was like, all right, thank you for your feedback right now. And it's like, oh, that's a terrible name. Now it's the best name. Like what else would the show be called?
Speaker 3: Basically right, and.
Speaker 19: We got back in the golf cart the bill.
Speaker 5: You know, we have more with Erica Alexander and Kim Coles when we come back, So don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning. Everybody is d j env just hilarious.
Speaker 2: Charlomagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking with Erica Alexander and Kim mc cooles.
Speaker 5: Charlomagne.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to hear the episode with TC carts and because he's spoken about, you know, being fired from living single after for their treatment, for the treatment compaying to frinds.
Speaker 3: So how did the cat is the whole field when he got fired, there was a grief, a lot of grief.
Speaker 8: Anybody fight for him, well then go on, we all.
Speaker 19: Fought for him, but it was done before. Here's what the timing of it is. He was let go just before the you know they call the announcements for the shows. The upfront, we all come to New York. There's a big announcement. We're on stage with Fox and all the other Fox shows. I didn't find out until in the hotel room, you know, the day before. Oh, by the way, TC won't be there. He's been let go. So it's like, so we're talking to that, We're talking to people and going what's going on? And it was My understanding is that it was already done, so you fight for him. But I don't know what else I could have done if the decision had already been made.
Speaker 6: I wanted not to come to work.
Speaker 7: I thought once we got on set that we would talk about it and maybe just say we're not gonna work.
Speaker 6: That's like hardcore. But it didn't go down that way.
Speaker 7: And in fact, two years before I tried to leave myself and threatened to be sued. So I already stepped up and I knew where I could go. I was like, I wasn't lord, see, I don't want to start crying.
Speaker 6: I wasn't.
Speaker 7: I wasn't happy. And the thing was, I didn't think that I was being used well, and it's it's a longer story than that, and I don't want to. It needs more context for Ventny Bowser's sake, because Vetnie Bowser had a lot to do with six different characters, right, and there were lots of things going on. But also I want to say something that emotionally, a month before I got that show, originally the pilot, my father had passed.
Speaker 6: I had a lot of things that I still would mentally, yeah, and we didn't know that Erica this, I never talked about that mess. But the whole time you were there, you never talked about your father passed. A No, because I don't complain, I don't talk and do my work.
Speaker 19: Like you could know her father passed away at some point because you talked. But I don't think I knew that that had happened a month before. And you know that this is one of the revelations that happened on this podcast. It's like therapy.
Speaker 3: You're welcome.
Speaker 5: I didn't know.
Speaker 7: Yeah and no, but there was a lot of things going on that you know you want to you you think you want to talk about differently, maybe with your character, and maybe the reception wasn't where I thought it was, But I just said I gotta go because I'm like i'd been in theater and been doing other things.
Speaker 6: I said, I can go back to New York. I don't need this. And it didn't work out the way. I got threatened to be sued and all.
Speaker 4: That, which is another reason you probably didn't tell everybody what you was actually dealing with, because they'll do stuff like.
Speaker 3: That, I will sue you exactly.
Speaker 6: And I didn't have the most powerful agent.
Speaker 8: I didn't have that.
Speaker 7: I'd always gone on sets alone, you know, so I was there alone, and that just trying to think it through. And I thought, at the very least I could just go back to what I was doing now, back to TC, because that's what I think that he didn't have that. We didn't have the armor, and we also were darker. And I have to say, there's something to that feeling like you're unprotected and when you get back and there is no plan and you don't necessarily you know, friends had gotten together and they all got together to talk about their salary. They stopped going in and they got their salaries corrected tremendously.
Speaker 6: It wasn't that feeling.
Speaker 7: Although we were all rebels and very supportive in our own way, I don't think we knew what to do.
Speaker 6: And it hurts my.
Speaker 7: Heart because TC deserved more support and there was nothing I could do. And I even said, look fire me, I'm the one who would like to to go. And it wasn't It wasn't something that could happen.
Speaker 6: It was wrong to do. It was wrong to do.
Speaker 4: That was he mad at y'all because he spoke up for the treatment that you know, the unfair treatment of y'all's receiving. And you know, you would think that would be a collective thing, like you know, none of y'all got in my back.
Speaker 19: So if this is happening behind the scenes, and if you don't know, okay, we know that we were getting not getting the right treatment. It's not like we were brought into the meeting by the way, we're gonna let TC go. It's not like I didn't know that. Latifa didn't know that. We didn't know that in advance. I didn't It was unexpected. And you wait until we arrive in New York to go by the way, TC won't be there because of this. Dana and I get on the phone and go, what the hell's going on? We get on the phone with Evet, and Evet it is like that's it, that's it. I didn't know there was something else that I could do in order to bring him back. If it's been if you're being told that it's done, that's it.
Speaker 5: Deal with it.
Speaker 19: And we don't go to wells.
Speaker 6: Because we were young. Of course, there's something we could have done.
Speaker 7: If we all planned together and said we're not going in, we could have We could have made something happened. He could have called the NAACP. We could have done these things. But these are things that we didn't think about. You know, you didn't know how much leverage you'd have after that. I'm telling you that I know. I thought, I know, I said down at EVET, I know I had these conversations, and I don't think he knew that. And it took years, and we had a conversation where he said, I didn't y'all.
Speaker 6: Stick up for me. I said, that's not true.
Speaker 5: That's not true.
Speaker 7: That's not true at all. And I hate that you went all these years thinking that didn't happen. But it's also his story to tell, and there's some parts and pieces that he thinks win a certain way, and there's certainly I feel very much my outspokenness might have put him in a position too. He thinks his outspokenness, but I was very outspoken. I was writing letters to the network and doing cools and walking out, you know, And I don't think that that was necessarily always taken well by people who wanted to control you, and they broke apart to people me and him.
Speaker 19: And also there's another story to tell, you know, our story, there's history, and then there's a story on their side. Maybe this is a conversation that I don't know if Vett has ever talked about it publicly. I don't know if Warner Brothers ever would or if they ever cared to so. So I feel like all those.
Speaker 6: People are gone now from Warner Brothers that we knew.
Speaker 19: But we we're bearing the burden of why didn't we do something different and not not getting a chance to get another view from what was what was happening.
Speaker 7: They were saying it was a money issue. It's not a money issue. That's what that's what we paid enough for to be a money issue. Wasn't a budgetary issue. Wasn't because we bought on a new cast member and we bought on they Dallas, and so that's not true. I don't know what's true. All I know is that he was gone. It was right, And let's go on record to say he's a magnificent actor, always on time, always knew his lines. It did not make sense, and there you're living in the world that doesn't always make sense and certainly is not fair.
Speaker 3: I had Instagram. Would you have gone live and just aired out the whole cast?
Speaker 19: And I think back then we had nothing back. Of course we would have.
Speaker 6: I would have.
Speaker 8: I'm telling you I would have.
Speaker 6: This day, yes, you know.
Speaker 7: And I didn't think that my badge was gonna work the next day because I came in and I came in here speaking of everybody. Anybody speak back, and I knew I uh huh, whatever.
Speaker 6: No, you know, you said give me an because.
Speaker 5: I was so mad like.
Speaker 6: Later on me and called me whack. It was a lot going on, but it's growing.
Speaker 19: It's not a conversation you could have had privately with them to fix with.
Speaker 7: Me conversation before after that. So yeah, I wasn't wrong. It was wrong the way I did it.
Speaker 19: Did the negotiation work for you?
Speaker 8: That period?
Speaker 5: That family?
Speaker 8: Family?
Speaker 6: We are here and we are family. What makes family?
Speaker 7: This conflict you don't go through this life with everything personal collaboration, conflict and you know confusion.
Speaker 6: Yeah, leads the confession. We got that period conversion.
Speaker 3: They gotta go do, Sherry.
Speaker 17: I know, I know you're gonna answer this, but I hope you're gonna get into the beauty center and the weight los stuff that Queen Latifa talked about that they threw on you guys.
Speaker 6: Make sure you're getting in the podcast. Please then, and they said they're gonna have me on there. Absolutely please, She said, have me to or she's gonna go back live again.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 4: That would be our the legends Erica Alexander and Kim Coles. Make sure you check out the Reliving Single podcast, New episodes every Wednesday starting this Wednesday, May seventh on YouTube. And yes, I am going to talk to Erica about getting the audio on the Black Fact God damn it.
Speaker 19: Yes, you have to protest to me down.
Speaker 8: To the man, the Reference Club.
Speaker 2: Everybody is j n V Jess, Hilary Chelam, the guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: I need a good scratching man and she Luther, Kim Coles and Eric Alexander for pulling up what they got a new podcast, Reliving Single that premiers on May Seventh's and Heavy Birthday to the Rock Hewaian Hawaiian.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, all right, let's get to the latest with Laura.
Speaker 6: Lauren becoming a street fast.
Speaker 5: She gets somebody that knows, somebody gets the details.
Speaker 6: I'm a long girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 5: She'd be having the latest on the law, the latest with Lauren la Rossa.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you have fact, sometimes you have details. Sometimes you have a little bit of everything.
Speaker 5: It's the latest on the Breakfast Club. No, he's the more.
Speaker 6: All right, y'all?
Speaker 17: So uh, Indiana Paces star Tyree Talibert and his father was suspended and definitely or for the foreseeable future after getting into the altercation with Yannis say.
Speaker 6: The last thing from n B I.
Speaker 3: Last name looked like something you see on the eye shot.
Speaker 17: And it's crazy because I wrote it out like so I could get it about yes with Giannis. So, this was a decision that was made by the PACER's front office. Reportedly, so the decision was that he will not be able to attend the team's home games or role games for the foreseeable future.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 17: And this came from a Pacers spokesperson. They told esp in this now, y'all. I'm sure you guys saw the all the videos that went viral of Tarese's dad coming onto the court. Now, Teresa's dad actually spoke out and explained what happened with the verbal back and forth was between him and say to listen to that.
Speaker 10: When I turned, it might have seemed like I was looking at him, but I really was.
Speaker 3: I was looking through him.
Speaker 10: That's how it was in the moment. I know, it looked like we were looking like I would staying him down, you know, But it wasn't like that. It was in the moment if I was looking right through it. And yes, I had bandler in my hand going and I was yelling yay. Yannis never said anything to me. I never said anything to youngest. There was no backing poll. He grabbed my hands. He put his poor head on my fore head, and he said, don't disrespect me. Don't effing disrespect me. And I said to him, I was not trying to disrespect you, which I wasn't. I'm telling you I did not do that on purpose.
Speaker 3: I really did not.
Speaker 10: And then I said to him, I love you. He said back to me, I love you. We petted chest he gave us a thumbs up and he walked away.
Speaker 4: I don't think he did it on purpose either, but you know, emotions were high, and that's exactly why they say don't make decisions off emotions, because he made a choice off emotions and that choice has a consequence and now he can't watch his son play.
Speaker 2: I was confused by the whole situation and shot the shack chaquille on there. I spoke to him a day ago and I was asking him about it, and he was like, he was like, well, most people don't understand.
Speaker 5: His family and friends after the game are allowed to go on.
Speaker 2: The courts while he was actually on the court, because you're allowed to go on the court with your family. And also I asked him was it bad and he was like, no, it's part of the game. He was like he was you know at some games and they were yelling uh, gorilla love, and he was like it never affected him because it was just part of the game. So he felt like it wasn't that big of a deal. He said, family members and friends and yell at you all the time. He didn't think it was that big of a deal.
Speaker 17: Well, Shaq talked about that on inside the NBA. We had that clip as well. People were pissed at shacks take.
Speaker 6: Listen, he probably know dad is.
Speaker 3: Said something because he's on the corner in his face or what don't you can't do that?
Speaker 5: Can'tnot do that said something?
Speaker 3: Man, he's an idiot.
Speaker 20: If you think that's why you're an idiot too. Gianna says, no, that dad is an idiot. And if you think you're an idiot too, I will say that Nod is always on the court. I don't say this, his dad is always on the court. On the court, Joanna said something to him.
Speaker 5: That's not true. He could line behind what do you mean walking in line behind the suns? He shud be on this court. He didn't play in the game, always.
Speaker 8: On the.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 17: People were pissed off at Shack's take though, and for how he even how he told you that he felt because they felt like if you watch that second angle where he runs where tyresis Dad runs out with the tower whatever that is uh, and he's the exchange. People were like, that was taught in him and you shouldn't have done it, even if it's just an excitement, and you shouldn't have been able to.
Speaker 4: Do that that's an interesting debate that they're having because all of them are players. Can they've been players? Kenny Smith, Charles Barkley, and so Shack saying you can do that, but y'all and Kenny are saying you can't. I don't know what's true, right, but I know I'm gonna listen to them before I come to my own.
Speaker 2: I think shack thing is is he's been through a lot worse on the court, so he was like, that's light work. He goes back and forth for people all day long. So that was his take on it when I spoke to him.
Speaker 17: But that's a conversation right now though, And I'm not I don't watch sports, but when I hear people talk about it, they talk about how the game is a lot different than it was, like as they protect the players physically and just what you can say at them from the sidelines and all of that way different than when Shack was playing.
Speaker 2: Players be wilding on people, and they should because people be wilding on the players. So listen, you went to shot House was just then with the white women, you know, you know, it's so funny with the Shack House, right, and Shaq was like just tell you about the white woman.
Speaker 5: I'm like, yeah, he.
Speaker 2: Goes Jennifer Amanda Becky come out, and I'm looking I'm looking at.
Speaker 5: Like, I'm just joking.
Speaker 20: I'm white woman.
Speaker 4: How would you go to that manhouse knowing that he got random white woman just walking around?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 5: Thank you, Lauren, she was with you. Yes, make the podcast.
Speaker 3: I'm just making sure. I was let him go.
Speaker 5: I was let him go.
Speaker 6: I was in the basement.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 7: Wasn't it like a little dungeon like Kelly dungeon that he described on the documentary?
Speaker 5: God damn, Jeff, it was.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 6: It was like a bunch of wood and it was like the bears and the brick.
Speaker 15: I was not.
Speaker 21: Mew him out.
Speaker 5: He did slide me out, but I was not in a Kelly's dungeon.
Speaker 6: You believe all that? How bad was you doing?
Speaker 3: No, that's not the question. How bad was you in the nineties? And you must have a little bad bitch get flowing out that you.
Speaker 5: I was hosting a mixed tape and he left me in the hotel.
Speaker 6: You never you stayed there, your grown ass, he said.
Speaker 3: You wonder why he'd just be running around here? Houm ignition. Every now and then for no reason, stop it.
Speaker 10: You didn't.
Speaker 5: Whoa whoa whoa Yo.
Speaker 17: Maybe that's crazy for this conversation to be happening. You're sitting over there in.
Speaker 5: That pink miss Salmon, and look now his face matchic.
Speaker 6: You weren't really grown. I never thought about that.
Speaker 5: Why did you just not go and leave? I did leave.
Speaker 4: He stayed and waited a good lord time, Kelly said, sitting in that nigga sack.
Speaker 3: He didn't move. It was not okay, wag your hotel.
Speaker 6: Ask the right questions. I never thought why he didn't just leave.
Speaker 3: He didn't want to. He didn't want.
Speaker 8: You know, he was trying to better his career. You know what.
Speaker 5: That's the latest, Lauren, thank you.
Speaker 3: You need to do the doc.
Speaker 19: Your mommy and dad let you go.
Speaker 1: I didn't survive Oka, I wasn't. Oh my god, he didn't even so he didn't survive.
Speaker 9: What do we do?
Speaker 6: Donkey to day?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 4: Come on, man, Chara is not giving the donkeys? Letting you open up the yes. Yeah, the donkey to day belongs to you, the people. Okay, So whoever y'all want to call up and give donkey today, feel free to floor is yours one hundred five and five one oh five one.
Speaker 3: It's the breakfast club.
Speaker 5: Come on wake.
Speaker 14: If you're like into the breakfast club, it's your time to nominate a donkey of your own lemon.
Speaker 5: Now, that's just how they choose. Call in now eight hundred five eighty five one.
Speaker 10: Oh five one.
Speaker 4: Yes, donkey, and today for Friday, May second belongs to you the people. Okay, yes, last Friday we did this, have people call in and give people donkeys, and I enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: So it's simple.
Speaker 4: If you want to someone donkey today to Flori is yours one hundred and five eight five one oh five to one. Reach out and touch us right now. Whoever you want to give the credit they deserve for being stupid, you can do that. Let's go to the first caller. Oh lie, good morning.
Speaker 3: Who's this hola?
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 10: Brother?
Speaker 9: Who's good morning?
Speaker 3: What's happening?
Speaker 10: Good morning?
Speaker 9: This is Omar calling for well from Hall of my Mother Atlanta right now, though.
Speaker 3: Man, but I want to get dog here to play dude.
Speaker 9: The dude made long gonzales I was battling the wood online.
Speaker 13: Man, I want to go see the movie Sinners right, Oh, excellent movie, man, y'all gotta go check that out.
Speaker 3: We've seen it.
Speaker 13: I'm reading the comments just to.
Speaker 5: Give a little dude.
Speaker 13: You know how people feel hood in themselves and apparently they've seen that the Mexicans is married.
Speaker 3: Why why just people mad?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 22: Why a man?
Speaker 20: Now?
Speaker 13: They they mad because they're not getting represented in the movie.
Speaker 8: They wasn't in the movie.
Speaker 5: It wasn't now.
Speaker 4: I mean it's nineteen thirties, Mississippians. Asians were representing black people, white, more Irish people exactly, and that was now was my take on it.
Speaker 13: I'm like, yo, y'all was still in Mexico. Y'all ain't want to come down there to Mississippi at nineteen thirty two, they.
Speaker 3: Were still with you, sir, I don't. I don't.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, then you said you wanted to give it. What's the name wan gun zalas long.
Speaker 9: Gun dollars man all that all line.
Speaker 4: Mane dollars, the biggest he hall. By the way, one movie can't represent everybody.
Speaker 7: Everything is Now, how are you called to be defending the Mexicans but just gave one donkey of to day?
Speaker 5: Hello? Who's this?
Speaker 15: This is the meta? I'm gonna get it.
Speaker 14: Donk here today to my son, because he acts like he had to get it out the mud and he misspool in his whole life.
Speaker 3: What's yourname? What's your son name?
Speaker 23: Brendan put it out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she said, Brendan never even seen much. When you want to.
Speaker 6: Rappresent, you've never seen it. He wanted a little taste of it.
Speaker 14: I don't know.
Speaker 13: I don't know why though I got it. I worked too hard.
Speaker 14: I just got off one job, about to go to another, take the kids to school.
Speaker 2: Like, he ain't seen money and he don't even like to play with it in and when he was little.
Speaker 4: I think because so many people like to celebrate struggle, especially the rappers, and they make that they make the struggle look so fly.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and you got to go through the struggle to get the way you need to be.
Speaker 3: But that's not the case.
Speaker 13: It's not Actually, he could not even have to worry about a struggle, just have that little go.
Speaker 14: You know, he's on down the road.
Speaker 17: But I'm confused.
Speaker 4: Well, we got to teach all kids about legacy, and we got to teach all kids about generations, generational blessings and how it's fly, you know, to come from a legacy of people who you know, established themselves in.
Speaker 3: Passing it on.
Speaker 5: That's right, I agree, all right, thank.
Speaker 3: You, good morning. Who's this, Jane? Who you want to give donkey to day to Jay?
Speaker 14: I want to give a dog kid a day to us?
Speaker 3: The black Okay?
Speaker 13: The reason why the last couple of days, the last couple of weeks or so, I've been seeing a lot of people asking about the movie, filing the ones who ain't seeing it yet. But every time you got somebody that wants to find out about the movie, you got one of us supposed to a link to the movie on the old social media like, yo, heren't even got gonna check it out, He's gonna watch it at home.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 13: That so, Man, when I see a movie like this, yeah, we rarely get. And this is half the reason why.
Speaker 3: Because we love we're.
Speaker 13: Making the hell out of our own all our own stuff. I don't know, man, I just feel like we ain't talking today. So how we how we do our own people?
Speaker 3: Sometimes we have to preserve our art.
Speaker 4: And I mean, if you know that somebody is trying to make some money off something, why would you take it and leaking to people?
Speaker 13: That's especially something is good. The way they just promote this movie, the way they get this movie. I've seen it white. I don't went on two days to see this movie. And it's time to go.
Speaker 3: So listen, you don't have to watch it at home.
Speaker 13: We don't it don't. It ain't gonna be. You don't get that experience at whole man. You don't get to support them the way that you're supposed to at home.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, now, did you go to see Centers with two different women?
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 4: So you're blaming the movie Centers on the fact that you will play a player. So I said, you're trying to say you you want.
Speaker 13: To no, no, this that that part didn't have nothing to do with it. I supported his light.
Speaker 6: Tell him you focusing on the wrong thing.
Speaker 3: Hey, I ain't gonna lie. They got on the wrong thing.
Speaker 13: I've seen it light.
Speaker 3: Hey, they got support.
Speaker 13: That's all you gotta worry about. My money has been spent.
Speaker 3: Flight. I ain't gonna furnt that. They got some fly ass lines and sentences.
Speaker 4: I don't want to get a movie away, but boy, they got some move that's some lines that the Mickey horny right, yeah, yeah, Hey.
Speaker 13: Look I'm telling you after the movie. You can't go wrong with that movie. It's just a it's a great night after the movie. Because she's ready, you ready, I'm saying this. You gotta goth support it?
Speaker 6: Why not?
Speaker 13: Why would you do yourself that? This all that off? And I'm going to see such a great movie.
Speaker 3: I agree with you.
Speaker 8: What did you go say it for a third time with another girl?
Speaker 3: You got plenty? Yeah, yeah, you said what man, there's a pig.
Speaker 13: Yeast. I want to go see the fourth third run and look.
Speaker 6: She already saw it twice too, so you will.
Speaker 5: Be Oh, so you've been.
Speaker 3: With three different guys.
Speaker 6: It ain't no problem, then, ain't no crime.
Speaker 4: They can't hear you, Lauren across the goddamn room three times already.
Speaker 17: So you go do your third time. Then I might catch you on the fourth time. But you got to see where you're at in like, okay.
Speaker 13: Wow, that's fun, because I will go see the fourth tub. So we go through the fourth tun I definitely want to see.
Speaker 14: What you're going.
Speaker 6: Hey, that's what's that.
Speaker 4: That's why the movie called centers, right there, A bunch of heads all y'all going to hell.
Speaker 3: He's be the ones the movie the movie for us. I agree with you, I agree with you, I agree with you. Appreciate you, brother, Yes, man, that was the people's donkey. We do that.
Speaker 4: Uh well, I'm not gonna say we do that on Fridays. We did it last Friday, and I'm doing it again this Friday. May do it again next Friday, depending on how I feel, May do it again Friday. Okay, But Governor Wes Moore, Justin's cousin, and the governor of Maryland, will be joining us next.
Speaker 5: All right, get to that next it don't go Anywhere's the Breakfast Club? Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning everybody. It's DJ Envy Jess Hilarious, Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club Lawn La Ross here as well. We got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 4: A twenty twenty eight presidential candidate, and the Governor of Maryland, Wes Moore, is here.
Speaker 3: How are you my brother's back, man. It is going to be bad. Good to have you back, man. How you feeling. First of all, I'm feeling great.
Speaker 8: Okay, I'm feeling great, man. Listen. And you know, contrary to everything else going on in the country, Maryland's doing great.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: We continue pushing. I mean, I honestly like getting really big wins far people, and so we're we're excited.
Speaker 4: I wanted to talk to you about all of that because you know, I know that you're implementing a lot of great things in Maryland, and I wonder what could be replicated on a national level to protect us from a lot of things that this administration is doing that hurt working class people especially.
Speaker 8: Well, here's the thing I mean, I think right now we're seeing you know, people you keep on talking about what's the power of the president and the power of the presidency. I think people all see them right now. What's the power of governors? You know what I'm saying, what's the power of states. We have a whole lot more authority than people sometimes give us credit for. But frankly, a whole lot more power and authority even think a lot of governors understanding can take on. So, for example, you know, Maryland has more exposure to these federal cuts, the federal public service cuts that the Trump administration is just arbitrarily and in many cases, by the way, illegally doing. And so what Maryland has done, We've come up with the most aggressive plan to be able to say, how are we going to streamline and support our federal workers, create advanced supports for them, but also making sure that we can streamline them into available state jobs that we need. So, for example, there are tens of thousands of vacancies when it comes to credentialed educators inside of the state of Maryland. We have thousands of people in healthcare, nurses, etc. That we have as vacancies in the state of Maryland. So I'm like, sofy, people who are qualified and who are interested, We're going to streamline them, get them trained up, credentialed, and get them inside of the classrooms, get them inside of our healthcare facilities. Because you're solving two problems, right. You're solving a fact that we have a shortage of people in education healthcare and at the same time creat your jobs. You're creating jobs, right. So I look at how Maryland has moved now in just these first months where Maryland now is going on really the fourteenth straight month of amongst the lowest unemployment rates in the entire country. Maryland has now has an unemployment rate of three percent, which is below well below the national average. Despite the fact that we've had more federal cuts because of the Trump administration than most other states. And so I'm just like, as as governors, you can be creative about making sure that you can get your economy moving. You can be creative about how you getting new businesses on board, about how you're supporting your small businesses, how you're supporting your minority owned businesses, and you don't have, like I don't wait for permission from the federal government to do anything. And that's the thing I think that's the kind of posture that you're watching governors now able to move in this month.
Speaker 7: What are your thoughts on Trump not wanting to bring home kill mar Garcia because he was living in Maryland, was a guy of his right.
Speaker 8: And here's the thing for me, this actually has nothing to do with immigration, because people will talk about this is you know, I love what he's doing right immigration. I said, well, first of all, if Donald Trump really wanted to fix immigration, he could do it simply by calling up Speaker Johnson and saying I need a comprehensive immigration bill on my desk next week. And you know we'll be on his desk next week. A comprehensive of immigration built because Donald Trump is the votes. He's got the House, and he's got the Senate. This has nothing to do with immigration. This just simply has to do with violating the Constitution.
Speaker 3: That's what this is.
Speaker 8: And so when I think about the case of Abrego Garcia, my point is this, due process matters in this. He needs to come home, he needs to stand trial and then let a judge decide what his long term you know, a situation is going to be not Donald Trump. If they say, well, he was doing X, Y and Z okay, fine, let him come home, let him stand trial, and let him do what basic due process offers to every single person. And if all of that determined is true, then absolutely he should then face consequences and face the sentencing. But not because Donald Trump looked at a photoshop picture and said this is going to be his faith. Because that is a very very dangerous slippery slope. And so my whole thing is this, just follow the Constitution, follow due process, and follow what the Supreme Court in a nine zero decision said that he needs to come home and stand trial. I just I stand with the law on thiss and I stand with the Constitution correct me.
Speaker 4: On some things, right, because they mister Garcia had acknowledged that he entered the US illegally in two thou and twelve, So was he he was.
Speaker 8: Here illegally, that's he was undocumented, That's right.
Speaker 4: So if he's undocumented, does the Constitution still apply to him?
Speaker 8: Yes, Okay, there's still constitutional protections. Okay, and especially because what he is being held for or tried for right now are things that he has not not only not been convicted for, not even had a formal accusation. So this is the problem, is that so Donald Trump right now is trying to rewrite the Constitution. Donald Trump right now is violating the Constitution by not allowing him to come home and have due process. So yes, so the constitution still offers, uh, you know, still offers what is the guidance around the federal government's responsibility, around states responsibility, and that still does fall under the situation of Kimbergo Garcia.
Speaker 4: I think that's what's missing in this whole conversation, the fact that you know that Martin Luther King Jr.
Speaker 3: Said an injustice anywhere as a threat to justice everywhere.
Speaker 4: So if you see somebody not receiving due process when they're supposed to that could impact any of us at any given time, and none of us want to just be snatched off the street and deported to another country just because.
Speaker 8: And and listen, here's the danger today. It's Karburgo Garcia, who is it tomorrow, Laura Laosi?
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, you name?
Speaker 19: You know.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying it couldn't be saying I'm using an example and try to get him.
Speaker 7: You can't tell them that you're from Delawa because they like, oh please, everybody's gonna even respect.
Speaker 6: Then why would y'all put me in there?
Speaker 3: No, but we're just using it as an example to say it could be anybody.
Speaker 6: Main the guy.
Speaker 3: No, but it could be anything.
Speaker 17: You know, you're coming for you for me. Did you watch the interview that when Trump sat down with Terry Morin.
Speaker 3: I didn't watch the whole thing, okay, but did.
Speaker 17: You see the part I said the tattoo thing, because they were going back and forth about the tattoos or or whatever. When you see stuff like that, because then media picks it up the other way and uses these tattoos that Trump that there's evidence that doesn't support what Trump is saying, but they use it as a well, he deserved what he got, and how how do you guys in the government didn't fight that because the public opinion sways so much.
Speaker 8: I didn't see the whole interview. I did see clips of it, and I saw that part. And what's really sad to me isn't just the fact that we have a president of the United States who is literally buying any conspiracy theories and photoshop pictures in front of our eyes. What really also bothers me about it is it's the people around them who enable this. It's the people around him who tell them this is true. The people aroundhim will feed him these pictures and say, yes, mister Pressmot you know he had MS thirteen on his knuckles when he didn't. In many ways, this has nothing actually to do with kil Marlburgo Garcia. This has nothing even to do with his situation. This just simply has to do with are we willing to follow the law? Are we a country of laws? Or are we now a country where president of the United States gets to pick and choose which laws we follow, which laws we've don't. Are we a country that actually follows the Constitution? Are we a country that listens when the Supreme Court in a unanimous decision. And let me be clear, this Supreme Court hardly ever decides anything.
Speaker 3: That is Trump's card exactly because this is Trump's court. He put three people on nine zero.
Speaker 8: The man needs to come home and stand trial. And we have a we have an administration right now that's literally using the Constitution as a suggestion box. So that's fundamentally the problem and what we continue to, you know, deal with, and the fact that the relationship between the federal government and our states really has been ruptured.
Speaker 2: Hi, we have more with the Governor of Maryland westmore when we come back. It's the breakfast club, Good Morning, annoying everybody's dj NV Jess hilarious, Charlemagne the guy, we are the breakfast club law on La Rossay here as well. We're still kicking it with the Governor of Maryland west Moore, Charlemagne.
Speaker 4: I love the fact that governors have their boots on the ground. And I saw Governor Jos Shapiro on Bill Maher and I forgot what Bill asked him, but he was just like, look, I'm not focused on what they got going on in DC. I'm focused on what I got going on in Pennsylvania. So I like that, how do we keep you from being a corny DC type.
Speaker 3: In DC? In DC guy?
Speaker 8: So corney man, listen. You know how I guess is I didn't come from that. When I first ran for governor, I ran against statewide elected officials, I ran against havinget secretaries, the former head of the DNC, the former head the Democratic Party ran for governor and then me, a guy who'd never run for office.
Speaker 3: For my life.
Speaker 8: But I was connected to the people, right. It was the people that made me the governor. It wasn't a party, it wasn't a political establishing. In fact, the political stablishing on wanted somebody else. So when I got into that seat, I decided, I'm not going to turn into something that I never was in the first place.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 8: So the way I have continued to lead is I'm about the people. I will always stand with the people. A political party does not give me my talking points.
Speaker 4: Good, don't let them change you, because you know they're already talking about you in twenty twenty eight and they'll be like, wells, come over and start saying this, and start doing that, and meet this person and take money from this person, and then you know what I mean, Like, I.
Speaker 8: Don't play that game because I didn't get here. That's not how I got here in the first place. Man Or, I am the most improbable governor in this country when you think about my journey, right, when you think about my life path, and you know, and and again, I'm a person of faith. And Hezekiah Walker, no, he's got a line he says, when I think about my story, I can't help but give God glory.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 8: I know where my strength comes from. My strength doesn't come from a political party. My strength don't come from political bosses. I don't follow that. I follow the people that got me here in the first place, the people who bucked the political system, which was the people. And so I'm not at all concerned about becoming a creature of something that didn't create me in the first place. And actually, I think that the main thing that people can do right now is stay true and stay committed and stay authentic. You know, when people say, well, what direction should people go in or how should people talk or whatever like that, I always find that question so confusing. I'm like, be authentic, because if you're not authentic, the people will suss it. Out and the people will snuff it out and they'll take care of you the way they take care of you.
Speaker 3: This is something that I love about you.
Speaker 4: It's something that doctor Lumar Johnson loves about you, the fact that you have a black woman. And because so many people in positions of power like you and government, especially black people, they don't. Now, love is love, love who you want to love. But as a man who love to see black men with black women, and I have a beautiful black families, I love it.
Speaker 3: What is the importance to that?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 8: It's funny when when I got married we're married now for eighteen years. My wife, she's beautiful man, and she's just an amazing human being. I remember when we said our vows. This shows you how corny I was when we first got married. We give our vows and I'm like, you know my vows. I'm gonna keep it fresh and sexy. Jesus Christ, I'm gonna keep it fresh and sex.
Speaker 3: That sound like someone.
Speaker 8: In Baltimore, But you know what her val was to me. She said, I will be your greatest defender.
Speaker 3: That's what black women and that's what they've always been.
Speaker 15: Like.
Speaker 8: I'm telling you, man, when you think about what Black women have meant to us, you know, the whole You know, we was raised by women, got a game for women, you know what I'm saying, Like, black women have always been our anchor. Black women have always been our guide. Black women have always been the ones to when the whole world denied us, they defended us and they lifted us up. And you know, and I think about this where even the work that we're doing right now in Maryland around our young men and boys, do you know who beautifully have been some of the greatest champions of the work that Marilyn is doing that really the nation leading work on supporting our young men and boys. Women because they know that's talking about their sons and their husbands and their fathers and their uncles and their friends. And is so beautiful to watch because it is very indicative of how Black women and women as a whole have always been our greatest offenders. That when the whole world came at us, oftentimes it was women who stood in front of us with shields and say not today. And I cannot be more lucky about the fact that I've married my best friend. I married someone who I love and who I respect and who I adore and someone who I'm so thankful is on my side because I never want to be on the other side of her spirit ever. But someone who I am, who I will ride for because she's always walefus.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, beautiful.
Speaker 6: She's the first African American first lady to say she is.
Speaker 7: She sure is, she sure is.
Speaker 8: She's a beast too, She's a beast. Y'all gotta come down, y'all gonna come.
Speaker 6: In fact, you're gonna have crabs if we come.
Speaker 8: Oh, absolutely absolutely, And in fact she is the co chair of the Prignance Festival, so for y'all, so you know, you know, pregnant so Pregnancance.
Speaker 5: The second leg.
Speaker 8: Yes, it is the second leg of the Triple Crown. That one of the biggest horse races inside of the entire country. But it's but it's also it's a big deal because it's a whole festival around it and it's in beautiful Park Heights, Baltimore, the home of Brandon Scott. But my, but my amazing wife, our state's first lady is the co chair. You got to see what she is doing the build out. She's having club quarantine. Uh D nice is coming down there. Bring bringing Jada kids, bringing too short, I mean, bring everybody from seventeenth.
Speaker 6: Yes, I'll be there at me fourteenth week of stuff.
Speaker 4: Well, right, Governor Westmore, thank you brother. We appreciate you, man. We love the work you're doing in Maryland. I mean, you know, somebody need to replicate it on the national stage. And I hope that, you know, somebody gets the opportunity to so, because I don't know if we will have a democracy in two thousand twenty eight or night, but we'll see, Oh we will.
Speaker 8: As long as we don't as all were gonna forfeit it. Yeah, now that's what I'm saying, like, like, I mean, like we have to understand man, it's like the power does belong to the people. That's the beauty of where we're at right now. And and I'll say this one thing far close too, And this is why Maryland I think actually is really important in this situation. I'm a big history buff, so like, especially in really difficult times, I generally tend to lean on history, and I like a lot of Maryland history. You know, in really difficult times like now, I'll read about famous Marylanders like Harriet Tubman or Frederick Douglass or Thirdgood Marshal. And I think to myself, imagine having a conversation with Harriet Tubman, who, by the way, one of the great things about being governor is I have the power to commission. And I made Harriet Tubman a general last year, so she's now General Harriet Tubman. And I think about what would a conversation be like with General Tubman telling her about the dangers of this moment. And I think about the way she would look at me and say, do you know what I've been through? Do you know what it was like when I had to run from my life for my freedom in the middle of the night, running from dogs and people with guns. And then when I finally made it to Pennsylvania and I got my freedom, I then decided to go back to bring more people and where she became one of the greatest conductors in the underground railroad. And I think to myself, what a conversation where Harriet Tubman will be like telling her how tough my job, how difficult we've got it, and watch her look at me and say I would have shot him.
Speaker 22: Yeah, why are you are with the people in Congress?
Speaker 6: You know what I mean, in the middle of the night.
Speaker 5: In the middle of the night.
Speaker 3: Now, I get what you're saying. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: But like, let's let's not forget where we come from.
Speaker 3: Like for all these people like, oh this is tough and oh this we don't.
Speaker 8: Please don't forget our history. Please don't forget our ancestors. Please don't forget what they had to go through. And listen, you know, as Kate I says, we're gonna be don't take the Harriet telling thing out of context. That was a nice black joke.
Speaker 3: We're not going to shoot anybody.
Speaker 23: Okay, think about exactly, but you know, tell okay, I know you gotta go.
Speaker 6: Do you listen about?
Speaker 3: Shut up? Jes, thank you, appreciate you, Wes, thank you for coming. Governors.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club, everybody's d J en Vy just hilarious. Charlamagne the guy we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: It's time for pastor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, d J Coin, what's guys, Simon, what's happening?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 21: Nothing, just another certified But you know what the Black Effect Podcast festival, people were coming up to me calling me that you are Yeah, it's like you need merch I'm like, I cann't incorporate that, I know, but they wanted to say certified vibe.
Speaker 12: By the way, congress on the festival, thank you, thank.
Speaker 3: You for coming in shooting content whatever, y'all young kids. Was doing what you call it, yo, yo, act like you.
Speaker 6: That old what you were doing.
Speaker 3: I was blogging, blogging. There you go.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he said, thank you whatever you was doing, he's not You're not that old. I want you to know that.
Speaker 3: I'll bet.
Speaker 9: Yo.
Speaker 5: I'm yes.
Speaker 12: I met you on your fortieth birthday.
Speaker 3: I'll be forty seven June twenty ninth, baby oh man.
Speaker 12: Well congratulations, thank you.
Speaker 21: Okay, So since we're talking about nostalgia here Nucci who does the front porch, you know, the front part. Yes, it's a d m V based platform. But they had Melanie Fiona come on. Oh yes, her vocals was phenomenal. So then I went and looked and I was like, wait, is she promoting something? She dropped new music album, yes, and my favorite record offers called say yes.
Speaker 11: Oh.
Speaker 7: I don't know why everything goes back to Lauren Hill, but I feel like she gets like Lauren Hell would Lauren Hill would have did this like back in the day.
Speaker 12: It's yes, Mike on type of vibe.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, fellow cancers happening. Okay, she was up here a few weeks.
Speaker 21: Ago, say yeah, beautiful, we're gonna keep it in the R and B. I'm gonna go with Summer Workers. She just dropped a new joint called spend It.
Speaker 6: She's always, always, always a just.
Speaker 4: Imagine a question she got. I'm coming out of something, Chris Brown. I didn't know someone come out the house.
Speaker 3: Oh she did, all right, she did.
Speaker 12: What would you guys think of the subject matter? Spend it on me? Before I used to want love, but now I just want you to spend money going to a face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's recognize because at the end of the day, we're humans.
Speaker 4: Humans need love, human need humans need actual other human interaction. It sound good, you know, just spend the money on me, all that super busial stuff. That's what I want to know. You don't just things and don't mean nothing.
Speaker 7: And that's the reason why she got there, you know what I mean. She can't get back to wanting love for the purpose of love and not just money again, you know.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's the reason she got she hurt.
Speaker 3: She wrote that during the you you know I'm all about my paper face.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, all right, oh key Lock, just drop the album.
Speaker 21: Yes, Blacks get into the Grinch hard crazy.
Speaker 3: Everybody, because make them country rap tunes.
Speaker 6: That just sample that little child running. Wow, that that's so hard. I don't think people understand the sample.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, you ain't know that was a sampley came from.
Speaker 6: Daddy running wow? Yeah? Yes, learn from My Father was just a legit. All right.
Speaker 21: My last song is going to be from Ling Hustle, who is Sherry's new artist.
Speaker 12: You know, Sherry who used to run Rock Nations.
Speaker 5: That's the Curtis may feel sample by by the way to.
Speaker 12: Okay, okay, the record is called come Back Season.
Speaker 3: I don't think she agent. I think she's just black woman from London.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 6: Yo aerospears do not like the way they over there and like.
Speaker 10: Yo.
Speaker 6: But she's yeah, she's good.
Speaker 21: I think it takes time to get used to like UK rappers, especially as an American because yeah, but she.
Speaker 6: Definitely sounds like she's spitting up. She's dope.
Speaker 12: She has a cool aesthetic Appociasian.
Speaker 3: No, I think she's black from London.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, okay, got you.
Speaker 3: I could be wrong. I don't know.
Speaker 8: Okay, well, TV.
Speaker 7: She is.
Speaker 4: We don't want to hear nothing from you about who's black and who, because you don't even know if you're black.
Speaker 3: All right, Dominican, why you got Why you got a Hond section that you cast you for Dominicans, I don't have.
Speaker 5: I don't have a Honda section.
Speaker 12: Ain't nothing wrong with a Honda.
Speaker 6: Dominicans is crazy.
Speaker 5: I'm not Dominican.
Speaker 6: It's okay.
Speaker 21: We love everybody, and if y'all love the music that y'all heard today, mixture, you guys, tune into my playlist Certified Vibe. You can get it by following me on Instagram at Nila Simone in y la S y m O n eee. All the songs are updated and on there. And then while you're there, make sure you guys check out my podcast.
Speaker 12: We need to talk.
Speaker 21: I just interviewed lo J, who made Yeah we have. We had some really good interviews lately, so make sure you guys tap them.
Speaker 6: All right, Well, thank you, Nada, thank you guys, big Nihala.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we got my mix to People's Choice mix. Of course we're throwing it back. I announced my Car Show earlier and the seventy five seven Hampton Roads.
Speaker 5: It's all about the days when we used to go to Virginia.
Speaker 2: We couldn't afford Miami, so we used to drive to Virginia Memorial weekend, Fourth of July weekend, Labor Day weekend. So it's all about that era, nineties two thousand. It's that Payton full era. We have exotics as well. So if you haven't got your tickets, get your tickets.
Speaker 5: Tickets.
Speaker 2: It's just nineteen ninety nine. Today the car show is coming to the Hampton Roads area.
Speaker 3: So it's cane for nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 12: A little discount set for the twenty like it would have just made sense, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Then you gotta walk around with pennies because you like, nobody.
Speaker 3: Would Nobody would want the penny back, not even the crack head.
Speaker 5: So just say twenty hours.
Speaker 3: Have to change exactly. They wouldn't get They wouldn't want it. It would just be good for a discount.
Speaker 6: This is a promo.
Speaker 3: This oh you right?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: Well, the People's Choice mixes up next, Dominicans get in free before a certain time.
Speaker 5: I'm not Dominican.
Speaker 6: If you own a hundred and you're a Dominican.
Speaker 5: It's the breakfast local boarding Wake up. You're like into the breakfast club morning. Everybody is dj MV just hilarious, charlamage the guy. We are the breakfast clubs.
Speaker 2: I gotta remind you, guys. I announced my car show and thank you so much. I think we moved close to the thousand tickets today, which is amazing. We are coming back to the seven five seven for our car show. Thank you, Hampton Roads Area, Norfolk, Virginia, Newport News, Portsmouth, Virginia Beach, the DMV Richmond, North Carolina. It's gonna be amazing. It's a nineties two thousands car theme. I'm gonna bring all the exotics as well. Kids five and under a free There's rides, there's gonna be food trucks. If you want to be a vendor or sponsor, you can always email me at Djmvcar Show at gmail dot com.
Speaker 5: And I want you to put your car in the show.
Speaker 2: We're gonna bring cars, but I want to see what kind of calls you're driving, So again my call show is July nineteenth at Hampton Hampton Convention Center, and I can't wait to see you guys.
Speaker 5: Yes, you're doing fathers that identify as mothers. That's so dope.
Speaker 7: Yes, but as Mother's Day, so it's you know, I want everybody and Detroit, what updough your girl Jesse Larius to be out there one Mic Comedy Club on May tenth. We got three shows in one day, the eleven am brunch, the early evening show at seven, and then the late night show at nine thirty. I will be doing meet and gree after the nine to thirty show. But if you are a mother, you need to come. If you are a dad that identifies as a mother, come on, come through. We want everybody, yes, absolutely, so just come wear your heels, your make up, all that, do your thing.
Speaker 2: I got something for you too. I don't know nex jersey. I got a nex jersey for you when you go out to Detroit.
Speaker 6: Oh no, no, no, but get your tickets at Justlaris official dot com.
Speaker 5: I see you Detroit, all right, Charliman, you got a positive note?
Speaker 20: I do.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: You know it is mental Health Awareness Month, or the month of May is mental Health Awareness month. So I just want to tell y'all mental health problems don't define who you are. There are something you experience. You walk in the rain and you feel the rain, but you are not the rain. Okay, that is a great quote from Matt Matt Haige. All Right, but just know they don't define who you are. There's something you experience, have a great
Speaker 5: Day, breakfast club bitch is you don't finish for y'all done.