Speaker 1: Okay, what do you mean Watch the snap you just snapped it? Yeah, to start the recording. You did that cool snap live from the Farmland Fresh Dairy studios. This is serial Killers.
Speaker 2: This is serial Killers. I'm Scotty B.
Speaker 1: And I'm Andrew.
Speaker 2: How are you doing there, buddy?
Speaker 1: You know, I'm good.
Speaker 2: How are you? You seem very stressed today.
Speaker 1: You know, just running around, lots to do, lots to do.
Speaker 2: Well. Welcome to Serial Killers. This is the podcast. It's the premiere serial podcast, the premiere. It is the PM.
Speaker 1: I was spelling it British with no ear in the end, Premiere Premiere. Are we doing premiere pr with the e at the end? It's the premiere breakfast program, the premiere. Yeah, yeah, you know, I'm very glad you said that. Wow, It's not like I saw what was on your phone or what we teased in the last episode where we said we would talk about this English breakfast cereal.
Speaker 2: You don't remember these things.
Speaker 1: I do remember these things. I was there, I lived it. Oh, serial Killers in turn National.
Speaker 2: So this is really cool, slash, exciting, slash, weird slash. I have no idea what's about to happen? Okay, so a couple of weeks ago, I got a d M from calf Crunch. All right, it says, hello mate, M eight you like what he does?
Speaker 1: Oh fine, that'sine.
Speaker 2: We're calf Crunch and we created a cereal that we think you might be interested in. It's the world's first full English breakfast cereal. Let us know if you want to try it? Yes, we do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he.
Speaker 2: Sent us a box, and I think the most interesting thing is, first of all, it came in a panda envelope all way from England. No, it's a little crushed, but like in the description in the customs form, it literally says cereal sweet and savory blend of multi grain hoops. Oh fun So I mean that's a full description of what it actually was.
Speaker 1: Multi grain hoops.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Okay, so here we go, Andrew without any further edu calf Crunch. The box is all mangled and smashed. I love the name Mother London. Yeah right, that's funny. So I'm guessing I don't know who this dude is modeled after. Maybe it's the guy who created the cereal.
Speaker 1: It kind of looks like Super Mario maybe more have a beard, though Mario doesn't have a full beard. He only has the mustache.
Speaker 2: Madrio full of fry up full of fry fry up flavor, or you know that it's international, it's got the U. What can you do another? I can't. I was only able to do it that one time. Just try it one more time. No, because it'll be bad.
Speaker 1: It's on me.
Speaker 2: Yes, you do it better. And on the back. Look, you can cut out a hard hat and a hammer and you know what that's.
Speaker 1: Called, uh, the the thing that make sure it's balanced.
Speaker 2: That's a level level or that's a level. No, that's a level level, just a level. If it was a level or it would actually level things for you. Yeah, it's just a level, idiot. Look, there's your forklift driver card. I don't think that's balance. This is to certify that Andrew has successfully completed forklift driver training.
Speaker 1: If I steal a forklift, I'll make sure to use that as evidence. Officer, you can't arrest me. Why here's my forkliff? Like?
Speaker 2: Since okay, so on the little flappir it'sys caught grease. Here it says yes geezer say good morning to the world's Does gezer mean something different over there? Because here it just means like old idiot, right the yes geezer, say good morning to the world's first fry up flavored breakfast cereal.
Speaker 1: You don't have to say it like that.
Speaker 2: All the salty save vory goodness of a greasy spoon in one boxy. I don't know if this is a goof or not. Is this a goof?
Speaker 1: It's informal British it means just a man, so it's just saying.
Speaker 2: Hey man, Okay, it's according to this, It's got egg, bacon, sausage, toast, tomato, and mushroom.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, what does it say eats? You could tell this this has a good right, yeah, because energy fat saturates, salts and sugars. Oh my god, my god, it's nice and has one hundred percent of each. All right, Well, also it does three hundred and ninety four calories.
Speaker 2: I'm actually kind of concern because I don't know.
Speaker 1: It looks like cheerios with marshmallows.
Speaker 2: Total fat. There's not that set.
Speaker 1: I don't know, bro, I don't think that this is savory. I think it's just sweet. I think it's just cheerios with marshmallows.
Speaker 2: It comes in an interesting vacuum packed kind of bag. Yeah, this is not I can't imagine this is actually on the market there. I do believe that this is just a novelty cereal. I don't think I've ever cut a bag home with scissors, but I just don't. It's like a vacuum sealed bag.
Speaker 1: Caught it smell it.
Speaker 2: It smells like absolutely nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's cheerio. Oh, I don't know. I'm a little concerned that it has like checks mixed dust on it.
Speaker 2: Look, you got some eggs right there. Don't hold on like this looks obscene. Almost this egg looks obscene.
Speaker 1: Honestly, they do eggs right though. Yeah, they make it actually look like an egg.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go back to the farm Land Fresh Dairyes, fridge a today. We are using two reduced fat milk. We're gonna use the quart size container here, So it's not gonna be good for a picture later because it's gonna be some missing. But I'll just hold my hand over.
Speaker 1: I'm sure the team at Farmland will be totally fine. Well, I'm sure they'll be fine with it, but it won't be very aesthetic for our pictures. Now, God, your daughter won't stop saying that This isn't good. It's not gonna be coquette.
Speaker 2: That's a new one. What does that mean?
Speaker 1: Even on a bull chat one day?
Speaker 2: All right, here we go. You want some more milk or you're good? Try to get try to get as many pieces. They look like multi grain cheerios with rando. I got a red piece and an egg piece. Let's see. Look. I told the dude that we would be brutally honest, and he said, yes, we love brutal honesty. I taste some sort of meat. Maybe the hoops are not bad. The hoops are good, little sweet. That egg, bro, there's like fart. Got an egg? How'd they do that? It's really interesting and fun. I'm gonna tell you that much. The red thing I think is supposed to be a sausage.
Speaker 1: It's like a burst of saltiness.
Speaker 2: Right. Well, here's some toaster something.
Speaker 1: I cannot eat another bite of this. I am so sorry. Ten out of ten for the creativity. I'll give it that eat that act for me. I I'm begging you. I will not just eat that one piece, the red thing, and it was so solid. Just eat that, please, Just I'm gonna throw up.
Speaker 3: Just need to eat the egg I want you to just eat just the egg, right, it tastes like a egg so weird.
Speaker 1: Look, it's just very salty.
Speaker 2: I'm going to give it two balls and a spoon. I think it's decent. It's an interesting concept. We don't have the full like savory thing here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's a reason they give it a bowl. I just listen the creativity again. Ten out of ten. You actually made the eggs taste like eggs. You actually made the sausage super salty and like coated with something like it. Yeah, it's there. It's just not for me in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 2: The hoops are good. If it was just a hoop cereal, it'd be like a sweet multi graine cheerios.
Speaker 1: I thought it was gonna be a gag gift. I think it was gag, yes, but gag. But like I thought it was gonna be like, oh, the marshmallows are just marshmallows. No, you actually stuffed them with things that are savory.
Speaker 2: It's just it's flavored. Like my stomach hurts a little bit now, but it was.
Speaker 1: It was okay, you know what you did the thing, so good job. Yes, thank you so much for sending them to us. You know, a list like to have people in the UK who listen and send us things like that's wild. So even if I'm not the biggest fan of this, it still is awesome that you sent it to us.
Speaker 2: We did pretty okay in the UK, those last speaker things that we got, we went up like twelve listens in the UK.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Maybe he told all his friends to listen. Yeah, it's gonna go.
Speaker 1: Up this, don'tia.
Speaker 2: I think it's just Yorkshire Shia. Yes, well Notingham I had. I had a soccer coach at camp who was from Manchester. Oh I remember that fun. Yeah. He told us about all the lifts and the crisps and the chips and everything. Great, all the all those things. I want to I really want to go over there, same I do. I've never been, uh and I want to go. Okay, it's a great story.
Speaker 1: But we'll get you there.
Speaker 2: You get a long weekend there, right, Yeah, how far is it? It's like a five hour flight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not bad at all.
Speaker 2: Now we move on. Thank you to our friends at General Mills for sending us the big box of new stuff. This is the only one of the box that I didn't buy. So let's check out the new Lucky Charms berry swirl. Okay, new berry marshmallows.
Speaker 1: I'm into it.
Speaker 2: And this box is incredibly bilingual. Everything that it says in English, it also says in Spanish. I think it's very interesting.
Speaker 1: What about French, No, they don't do much French.
Speaker 2: So the Lucky Charms pieces in this particular cereal are are fruit flavored, They're colored.
Speaker 1: They're not like the regular old I'm excited. It's like Tricks with marshmallows.
Speaker 2: Perhaps berry marshmallows.
Speaker 1: I get that right, because Tricks is also made by General.
Speaker 2: Very good Mauls. Do you know what Malvo Visco is?
Speaker 1: Of course?
Speaker 2: What is it? The mal marshmallow marshmallow? Yeah, of course, and bios must be berries. Yeah, sweetened corn cereal with marshmallows cereal day.
Speaker 1: I would love it if we could open up. That'd be cool.
Speaker 4: Shtti right now, and I'm not going to be happy. No, I think I have spleen issues. Spleen like I think I actually need to go to the doctor.
Speaker 1: Well, these are also magically delicious cool save a football chat.
Speaker 2: It smells fruity.
Speaker 1: Tricks is that's tricks?
Speaker 2: So you think they're just different shaped tricks with marshmallows. Yes, that is one hundred percent with this. So where's the Where does the berry come in through the tricks?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Andy.
Speaker 2: Sometimes these fruit flavored cereals with the added marshmallows are just too much, too much like tricks with marshmallows. Too much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like differing tastes, but like too much. And you got the crunchiness and the sweetness from the piece, and then you got like an overly sweet marshmallow. It's just it does the most. I got like some sausage on that spoon.
Speaker 2: You better lick that spoon clean, all right, No, I just mean so you don't get the taste. Yeah, Berry swore Lucky Charms from our friends at General Mills. Ready there very the marshmallows are tiny. No, no, it's not the marshmallows. It's the it's the oat pieces that are tiny, and the marshmallows are They're okay, hmmm, it's all right. It does taste. It tastes like your run of the ill General Mills cereal with marshmallows.
Speaker 1: It's berry berry kicks with marshmallows, and I love it.
Speaker 2: I'll give you that. Although berry Berry Kicks is probably a little bit healthier than this because because it's parent tested, no approved, it is approved, no tested and parent approved. Hm hmmm, what is that five? Shut the hell up, buddy, I'm going to give it four balls. Look what I did there. I know I wrote a it's supposed to be a five.
Speaker 1: That is delicious.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good.
Speaker 1: I love this.
Speaker 2: It's weird because it's brand new and it's it's sealed, and it just tastes a tiny bit stale.
Speaker 1: I don't think so at all. I think it's perfect. I loved every minute of that cereal.
Speaker 2: We didn't even try it for a minute, just saying.
Speaker 1: Called theater of the mind.
Speaker 2: Scott all right, well we'll be background after this, and we're bad.
Speaker 1: You just don't want to see me put a hole in here and then so this way you can complain about the podcast having no spots. I need to have a bigger gap so I could put the ads in.
Speaker 2: There was plenty bit.
Speaker 1: No, you go, all right, we'll be back after this diabetes.
Speaker 2: You'll be ever back.
Speaker 1: There's two I literally that's longer than what you left.
Speaker 2: You'll be able to see the whole No I remember.
Speaker 1: Pay attention to that. Just remember something for once. Just remember down the time.
Speaker 2: Please, I took care of all these cereals and the milk.
Speaker 1: Oh well, what about Monday when you didn't even send me the episode? And that's why it came up late. I sent it Monday, Yeah, Monday at like twelve o'clock when I was like, hey, Scott, you never sent it to me.
Speaker 2: Thanks to all pell Matt because he.
Speaker 1: Could sixteen emails. Oh, here's the title and description. Here's a picture, here's the audio. Send it all is one bruh.
Speaker 2: Bet I do them at different times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that doesn't matter to me. I need it all in one file.
Speaker 2: Please, who's the crazy one? Now you look you're making me crazy? Wow. So our friend Matt continues to send us boxes and boxes and boxes of cereal. Thank you, Matt, love it. He did buy a few that we had already done. So please double check at serial KILLERSPC dot com if you're gonna try to send us some cereals.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: This one was from in a box and he sent us a couple of months ago. It's frosted flakes. It's frosted flakes. But look who makes it? Ralston? I did not know that Rawlston still made serious. I don't even know what Ralston is. Come on, bro, we've been through this. Go back one hundred and fifty episode.
Speaker 1: I'm good. Rolston Purina Checkerboard used to make cookie crisp. Come on, they make cat food.
Speaker 2: They spun off. They're no longer it used to be Ralston Purina, and then Priana was Purina was like, not, we're not making people food anymore, right, we make animal stuff. Got it.
Speaker 1: It's like when Colgate tried to get into the frozen food bitch.
Speaker 2: Sure, and then then I thought Ralston went away. But you know, you go to like some of the dollar type stores, and I guess that's where you find these things, okay? Or for him, I think he goes to the Amish, the Amish supermarket.
Speaker 1: That's so cool. Like the back of it is the back of its screams, why is there a chain there? It's graphic design, is my passion. That's what this person did. Somebody went on Canva and made the back of a cereal box. That's it?
Speaker 2: Why, because this is how else would you make it? Go out and take a picture.
Speaker 1: Well, usually I don't know they have a car. Graphics person that makes like the Okay, this is literally just a picture that they took off of Canva and then they got a picture of a bowl added a drop shadow to it.
Speaker 2: This box was a bucket a quarter. I mean, they can't pay anybody to do these things. So here you go, Isla. And if you remember, anybody can use the name frosted Flakes because it is not a trademarkable name. Now.
Speaker 1: I know this is gonna sound weird, but it kind of smells like Costco to.
Speaker 2: Me, it kind of smells like Purina. Still making it seriously and oh my.
Speaker 1: God, the dust. You're so dramatic. Think I just got me so Theloma, not even kidding. Do this if you are a left one. The dust that came out of this box is insane. Call Selina when barns now.
Speaker 2: Did not mean to do I just spilled flakes all over. If you look, they're all very very different sizes. They're also different kinds of colors. I feel like, no quality control here, just let everything go by. Yeah, this is like a dark brown. They don't have the ladies with the hairnets on the line liking stuff out that doesn't belong, so that could be like frosted you know, metal shavings.
Speaker 1: Or expired kitty chow whatever it is.
Speaker 2: So again, Farmland Fresh Dairyes, two percent milk with the purple cap. Ask for it by name.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure. Just look for two percent milk by Farmland. Don't ask for the purple cat milk.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can. Here we go. That is sweet af Oh my goodness, Wow, who's sweet? That is like taking your spoon and putting it in the sugar bowl and just eating it.
Speaker 1: I just agree.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? This is all sugar all the time. It's like a new news station, all sugar all the time. This is Ralston. Seriously, that's what it tastes like.
Speaker 1: I think it's too sweet. I just don't like the taste. It's not a good frosted flakes taste. No sugar, ain't sugar in. It's not it for me.
Speaker 2: I can't even eat another spoon.
Speaker 1: I can give it two bowls in a spoon. It's kind of weak, and I would never give that to a frosted flake.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give it one bowl just because I think it is so sweet that it's not really even edible. I can't eat a second spoonful of this.
Speaker 1: That's very dramatic.
Speaker 2: I'm making it a bowl actually, okay, yep, I'm changing it from one to one bowl. Wow, look at you, Thanks Matt. I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: But you know, yeah, it's just not it's it's uh.
Speaker 2: I bet it's not even real sugar either. I'm sure it's all kinds of ingredients. Wow, milled corn, sugar, salt, malted barley syrup. And that's literally it.
Speaker 1: If you work for Ralston's and you want me to design your box Ralston's, Ralston's, Ralston Foods, Ralston Food, Ralston Food, Ralston. What did I say? Ralston's so Ralston. You don't write Ralston, Ralston's not Ralston's, just Ralston, Ralston. Got it? I love you sometimes if you're from this company and you would like me to redo your box art, I would do this like for you.
Speaker 2: It's literally one deaf lady in a factory. She has no idea what's going on. She did not hear this, dude, you have. I can't even imagine what the Ralston factory looks like.
Speaker 1: I would please.
Speaker 2: Where is it?
Speaker 1: I don't Minnesota?
Speaker 2: Oh you know what, Lamesville? Hmm, there's other cereal companies in Minnesota. I wonder if they are making Sumer brand. Is that what it says?
Speaker 1: Yes? Wow, so there we go. Post makes this.
Speaker 2: Rawston is the you did it?
Speaker 1: You really got to the bottom of that one shirlot.
Speaker 2: I've mean I didn't read it first.
Speaker 1: And frosted Flakes is made by General Mills Post what frosted Flakes is made by?
Speaker 2: This is frosted Flakes.
Speaker 1: No, it's not.
Speaker 2: You mean regular frosted flakes with Tony the Tiger. That's Kellogg's.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you didn't know that they're great. That's Kellogg's.
Speaker 1: Okay, by saying they're great, it still doesn't help me know it's Gllogs. You do a cereal podcast.
Speaker 2: Frosted Flakes is like one of Kellogg's benchmark cereals. That and fruit loops and corn pops and Raisin Brand. That's all Kelloggs.
Speaker 1: Bro. Who's mad? Now I'm not mad.
Speaker 2: We've been Do you know that we're almost at one thousand cereals? We're almost at one thousand cereals and you don't know that Tony the Tiger is Kellogg's.
Speaker 1: I knew tricks.
Speaker 2: I need more blood pressure medication. I was, I lowered my dosage and now I need higher milligrams. Well that's crazy if it's happening over a cereal. No, it's happening over you.
Speaker 1: Well how do you think I felt when you don't write? The time stamps down? Now you know how I feel. Maybe that's just a little dose for you.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to this episode of Serial Killers. Please follow us on all social platforms at serial Killers PC and check out our friends Farmland Fresh Dairies on Instagram. And uh, I mean, I'm guessing Ralston does not have an Instagram.
Speaker 1: If they do again, I will redesign your box.
Speaker 2: Check out the MySpace page for Ralston.
Speaker 1: Check out there. What was it called? What was the blog website that everyone had?
Speaker 2: Oh I don't know.
Speaker 1: WordPress. No, WordPress is how they made the site. It was like a blogging website.
Speaker 2: Someone will let us know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so check in on four square at the factory.
Speaker 2: Dude, I was the mayor of so many places.
Speaker 1: I am nothing about that surprises me. That on a bowl chat because I just I feel in my heart if there's one person who would have taken advantage of that, it would have been you one.
Speaker 2: And I don't say that, I know until we see you on Wednesday with all the bull chat.
Speaker 1: Mayor of this RPIs Yeah, I was not even.
Speaker 2: Surprise the one in Flushing, and you probably.
Speaker 1: Like checked for places that all you need to do is visit like five times to get it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, anyway, we'll see you soon until whenever. That is a crunch, add you correct. I used to be the mayor of Z one hundred back in the day. It was me and this whoever else was fighting over it.
Speaker 1: I don't remember who it was. We'd go back again, nothing about.
Speaker 2: It, remember JJ. We would go back and forth fighting over
Speaker 1: Not surprised that you fought over four square