Speaker 1: Welcome to the Ravens Presspass Podcast. The Ravens approved to eight and four in the season after a thirty to twenty three win over the Los Angeles Chargers. It was a big win for the Ravens in terms of playoff positioning. They took down a red hot Chargers team and they are knocking on the door behind the Steelers in the AFC North Race, and the Ravens are in a really good position when it comes to the AFC Wildcard picture. After the game, we heard from head coach John Harbor, who talked about the win and also what it meant to go up against his brother in this victory.
Speaker 2: Just a really well learned victory against a really good football team. I'm really proud of our guys. We had talked and kind of the message it even came up to be strong in the Lord.
Speaker 3: That was actually the message.
Speaker 2: And I just think that you have ups and downs in a season, both teams, you know, and you kind of live these things close to your heart, and these are these are just huge battles, huge battles every week in this league. And going against a team that's this well coached by all their coaches and by my brother Jim best coach in the National Football League when he's done with that team and how hard they play and what they did. Hats off to them because they're gonna win a lot more football games this year and they're gonna be a major factor in the playoffs. So this is a big win for our guys. I'm proud of our guys. I'm proud of the way they came out and then responded. You know, after the first ten points, we're down ten to nothing, and our guys step up. I think they had two field goals until the last drive on defense, and our offense, I had five or six scoring drives right in a row there to make a difference. So that's what I appreciate.
Speaker 3: Our guys.
Speaker 2: They really don't flint, so they keep fighting. They got locked in on some details, and they played really winning, good winning football. So proud of them for that. Now we have a quick turnaround. We gotta get back about six thirty in the morning and get to work on a very good Eagles team. So what question did you have?
Speaker 3: What was kind of meeting your brother after the game? What was kind of Uh?
Speaker 2: I just I just told him, you get you're you're, you're You're a great coach and you have a great team, you know, and I love you and he said, I love you, and congratulations.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, two minute warning there in the second quarter. Looked like hunt team was heading out there, and then the offense all of a sudden went out. What went into that decision for you, and how kind of difficult.
Speaker 2: Of a call was at Yeah, I mean, you know, the downside is they give him the ball to the sixteen yard line. You know, that's a downside, and uh, but the upside or the thought is that I really thought we could get it. You know, I thought Mark could get it with a quarterback sneak, and I just thought he and Tyler and and uh and and our interior offensive line. I mean Pat McCarry just coming off the ball the way he did, and Daniel Falley coming off the ball the way they did. I just thought I thought we could get it. And they did, so hats off to them and led to like a ninety seven yard drive and got seven points. That was a big turning point.
Speaker 3: In the game.
Speaker 5: Going on that one.
Speaker 2: No, no, uh no, we just kind of it was the right thing to do. It's always a team decision.
Speaker 6: On toward the end of the game, you're on defense, you kind of give the earmuff thing, maybe telling you guys not to jump.
Speaker 3: I wonder if you.
Speaker 7: You sort of had to do that in the week leading up to this and just sort of block out.
Speaker 8: The constant inquiries about the brother thing.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean, oh, I see you're that's really see that's why you're so good, Sam, I mean, that's really gets clever.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, it was kind of ear muffs in that sense. And I know it was for Jim too. I mean because in the end, it's like it's it's true, it's meaningful, it matters, it's just something that it's just an incredible thing. I mean, just it means it does mean a lot, and I'm so proud of him. It's an amazing thing to look back to where we to where we are, you know, from where we came and all the all the different we got different paths, you know, we grew up in the same room, you know, and kind of kind of I've always lived our life side by side. But that's not what the game's about. The game really is about the players, and the players are always going to win the game or lose the game or whatever. It's just And that's why strong and courageous is such a big deal, because it takes so much to play this game. It's got to be strong and courageous to play football, you really do at this level. These guys sacrifice so much and they go out there and they just throw everything on the line. And I have so much respect for players. Jim's the same way. We both try to treat our players with great respect and admiration.
Speaker 3: And love, you know.
Speaker 2: And because that's how we feel about.
Speaker 9: It, Jim do this before. Can you describe how he's able to come to a team and a program and very quickly the players buy it and he turns it around. Sometimes people come in with a two to three year plan. How do you describe what he's been able to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great question. I'm glad you asked it. Just what I just said, because Jim is a believer in the players, you know, and he understands it. You build teams around players' strengths, and you build teams around players that love football, and players that want to want to work hard and want to play hard, and they want to come up and into the office. They want to be part of a team and be a part of something bigger than themselves, and he just he just leans into that and then loves into that every single day with his guys. And I do believe that's why they respond to them the way they do.
Speaker 10: The defense to spond away after that first drive and to do it without rogue.
Speaker 2: Yes, Uh, I think hats off big time to the defense. And uh, you know Row wasn't there. You know, he's kind of some some people would say the heart and soul. I think I got to ask a question before the game without the heart and soul of your defense. And he's the middle of the defense for sure. But I was very confident that these guys would step up. And you're talking about starts with Milie Carrison and also Christian Welch and also Chris Boord.
Speaker 3: Those three guys.
Speaker 2: Shared the load, and Malie Carrison steps in is he's sitting right here and has a career game.
Speaker 3: There's twelve tackles. Twelve tackles.
Speaker 2: And the thing I appreciate about Malik is he's he's really even keelled guy, and but but he's a he's a confident person. And they go down to the first drive, and we're trying to figure out what's going on and how we're gonna play these different things right, and talked it through and he didn't. He didn't flinch for one second. Just stepped up and stepped into those run plays and made a bunch of tackles and couldn't be more proud of. I think he in a lot of ways, epitomizes the victory tonight.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna get the spectacular plays by some of your scope position players were shot with that that catch under tight coverage, Mark winning basically the jump ball, and obviously Justice with his big run. Is that the kind of stuff you're gonna need to see from those guys to get to the championship.
Speaker 12: Goal that you have this year?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? I mean players making plays is what it's all about. And I guess I gotta give a game ball to debate. I gotta give a game ball or bait for that catch I should have got that. We'll take it, we'll take we'll get a game ball. We're gonna give it to him right now because he deserves it. So add him to the game ball list because that was an unbelievable catch. But players making plays in big moments. That's what That's what these guys work their whole life for, you know, it's what they dream of to see him do.
Speaker 3: It is very fulfilling to go back to Maleak.
Speaker 13: You know, obviously they played over special for twenty special team snaps today as the edge and they have your sets off ball, you know, and more. Just what kind of about his versatility do you appreciate for a game like this, That's.
Speaker 2: What I mean to tell about versatility and all the different things. And even within special teams, they're versatile jobs. I mean there's punt, there's all there's a six different phases are all different jobs for But then he plays inside back or in the middle of the defense and on the edge, setting the edge. That's a pretty unique thing to do. So uh yeah, you know we talked about him, you know, making making it. He's already made a name for himself, I think, but making even a bigger name for himself. And he he did it tonight or than.
Speaker 5: You guys can heard, not just in the second quarter, but there's that one late in the thirty you went for twice on the same drive, got both.
Speaker 3: Let's let's do a touch on on.
Speaker 5: What eve you thee believe the confidence in those moments to go for it there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just felt like we could get him. I mean, you know, just you kind of you got believe in your guys. Uh. And I thought we were running about pretty well, and I felt good about our offensive line, felt good about Derek, feel good about Lamar and the threat of Lamar in those situations as well, even the even the two point play going for that same thing. I mean, you try to go up nine, uh at some point time, if they get back in it, if they score again, they're going to go for two if you kick it. So you know, I kind of want to put the ball in the in the and in Lamar Jackson's hands, you know, and and and try to try to get the two point converged instead of trying to have to stop it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: That was the thinking on that one. So all those situations kind of have the same thought process.
Speaker 3: The one where you were again going back to.
Speaker 5: When where you're fac up to sixteen, not many teams go for it when you're Trember that back saying what was what was the other ride?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I don't think you know, I'm not saying we'll go for all the time either. But the old writing thing was who we're playing, you know, and the idea that you know, you just you just got to try to hang onto possessions as long as you can because they're so good. And if you have a chance to convert, because it's six inches as opposed to something that could be tough for you could be in a third and ten the next time out, and uh, and you don't get a real chance to do it, and their offense is so challenging, so good. Uh, that's really the main reason we just felt we're gonna need it more.
Speaker 3: Close at all, like it looked like for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, yeah, I don't know what is close when it comes to injuries, you know, to find clothes for me, it's a challenge.
Speaker 8: Are always tough on your parents. But since today's our wedding anniversary, you have a chance to reach out to him befoida.
Speaker 2: Game or did wish him happy sixty third wedding anniversary? I know Jim did the same. Jim and I texted back and forth before the game a little bit. Just just so grateful, so grateful for our parents. I mean the ones you uh, you know, when you're great when you're when you're blessed enough to have parents who who get along so well, love each other and married for sixty three years, it kind of gives you a good idea how it's supposed to work, you know. I think that's a gift that they've given us, all of it, all three of us. So you know, I just, uh, it's tough.
Speaker 3: They're in Florida.
Speaker 2: There were Jonie and Tom watching the game in Florida, and I know they're happy on them They're one hundred percent happy and they're one hundred percent disappointed at the same time. So if you can imagine that, that's how they feel right now. All right, thanks guys.
Speaker 1: Next up, we heard from quarterback from Mark Jackson.
Speaker 5: What off this week about the Harball brothers.
Speaker 3: When do you do you think he down?
Speaker 4: How much you think give this matter to don this this this experience.
Speaker 14: Uh, it means a lot, you know, But that's I I feel like, for me being a big brother, it's like I can't lose to my little brother, you know. And that's what I believe going into that game, he was thinking a lot, you know. And then Jim on the other side, I believe he was like I gotta get my I gotta beat my big brother. But became out Victoria.
Speaker 15: So I feel like that's a good thing.
Speaker 3: A forty yard touchdown fast de bab.
Speaker 13: But at the end of the half, what did you see there, because he looked like he was completely covered, What did you say that was gonna be a touchdown there?
Speaker 14: Just giving him an opportunity. I I believe my receivers, Uh great, they got great hands.
Speaker 16: You know.
Speaker 14: The first one in the back of the end zone. I told him, I'm like, bruh, I expect you to catch that. He not got you, you know, but he made up for it, and he made a terrific catch.
Speaker 15: T It's all.
Speaker 8: My receivers were worked down play ad earlier in the fourth down at your own sixteen Oka, Yeah, how big was that play? But also what was the discussion going into it, especially with the two minute warning?
Speaker 15: It was huge.
Speaker 14: We started off slow first quarter. We we started off very slow. We gotta get back in the groove and starting our games off the correct way and then just as the game going on, just getting stronger and stronger and finishing how we supposed to.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 14: The beginning of the season, we were doing a great job at that and then as the season went on. As the season going on, some way, somehow we just being been I was about to curse, we've been horrible, uh starting the game, but we as the game been going on with be getting better. But we gotta find a way to batance that out. Be good from the beginning of the game to the end. But we came out of victorious and on that conversion, it was just a great conversion.
Speaker 4: We've seen you many times tell John we wanna go f go for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Did you say anything as you walked off the field, cause it looked like you walked off straight to the bench. And were you surprised when ultimately they set the offense.
Speaker 15: Back on the field.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I thought we was gonna punt the ball, but he was like, he want to go for it it. It was like forth the inches, I believe something like that. He was like, very short, we can convert it all that, let's just do it. You know, I got all the faith of my team, Lamar.
Speaker 17: I'm sorry, Lamar, you led the league, excuse me late, your team in Russia. Each year that you've been to the Ravens quarter back until this year, can you just speak mentally what it means to have a horse like Eric Henry Man that you could just seriously turn tonight another buck forty something on the ground, But that takes a lot off you. Do you feel frusher this year because you haven't had to run as much? Do you feel like you're more primed to make a deeper run this year than you have in the past few years?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Absolutely, Yeah.
Speaker 14: Man, he's just a great all around back.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 14: I can't I can't like give him credit enough for how locked then he is, you know, and how dynamic he is. He just I always say that, you know, King Henriet, the name just fits Hi well, you know, very well. And not just him, but the officer line too. Just giving him lanes to just do him, you know, justice Hill, keeping him fresh, you know, uh, just a all around team effort and man, him just being who he is just contributes a lot to our team.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 11: After those first two drives that didn't really go very far. H h how much Derek's runs, especially in the third drive kind of get the offense clicking in here.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean you just said it, you know that the brun's what he had, uh off the line giving him lanes like I said, him just being Darren Henry, uh, getting the offense to groove that we needed, cause all of us was out.
Speaker 15: Of sceint you know.
Speaker 14: Uh, I I felt like some of my passes was off, you know, I was, I was, I was teed off, you know about those I wanted some of those passes back. But there here we got a great running back, great officer line. He helped us get the groove and we just kept we just kept keeping our foot on the.
Speaker 11: Gas catch and you know also Mark making that grab on the jump ball, and and Justice r.
Speaker 3: Ripping off the fifty one yard run.
Speaker 11: How much do those guys how much is your ceiling? Is your ability to reach your ceiling affected by those guys doing those kinds of plays.
Speaker 14: I mean, those guys are doing their job.
Speaker 15: They supposed to do that.
Speaker 14: You know, if I throw on the ball, I believe I expect them to catch it, and I believe they spent they gonna catch the ball, you know as well. And Justice Hill he just you know, bounced the ball outside and just went for what he knew. And then it was great blos by the receivers that that led that way in off salone. But like I said, I believe those guys should catch the ball, regardless if you touch the hands, catch the ball.
Speaker 17: Mark this time of the year, you guys are gearing up for a deep season run tonight.
Speaker 3: How big was that on your minds? Of where we.
Speaker 17: Saw what happened in Cleveland with Pittsburgh. You guys lost to them last week, but coming there tonight three for three or on fourth down they talked about the fourth down coach going for how much of that you think really played into Okay, we want to keep track with them. We're not trying to worry about the wild card. We want to get the AFC North and get a home playoff game.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Man, were trying to win regardless of every game is a playoff game for us. It's been that way, you know, But it's.
Speaker 15: We took that loss. I felt like everybody.
Speaker 14: Everyone just died then, like, yeah, man, it's it can go either way for us. If we started off, you know, winning games and consecutive weeks back to back, we lost, lost to Cleveland, came back win, win a couple.
Speaker 3: Then we lose Costillas.
Speaker 14: It's like, we just gotta keep out foot on the gas.
Speaker 12: We can't.
Speaker 14: We can't come up for a gotta stay down and just keep stay out there or hard or street.
Speaker 3: And fourth down versions in this game.
Speaker 10: How's your build when you your coach has that amount of confidence that you know fourth down.
Speaker 14: You got to oh, yes is great, you know, gives us, gives us a boost. But I I feel like over the years, coach, Yeah, that that trust became. That trust came in twenty nineteen. You know, uh, be out back in Seattle. It's just how the g how the games going, the momentum going. If it's not going right, I believe coach will be like, nah, he's just you know, point the ball, just let us get our group. But right there, I I believe he just had faith, Like, you know, we not really gonna stop. It's just small little things we just need to clean up.
Speaker 3: About.
Speaker 5: You know, harrorball versus harpball. What was it like for you going against you know, obviously gonna playing against them, specifically the JK God g row on the other side, Yeah.
Speaker 3: What was what was that like?
Speaker 5: And then what did you say to those guys after?
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's just different being on the opposite side of you know what I've seen all these years, you know, up until last year, basically, and then my guys, I was just with him last year, you know, them just being on the opposite of the ball, like, just don't do what I was doing over here, you know, just take it easy, you know, but shout out to my guys and men. They're still my guys. Bozeman too. When I got Bozeman over there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks, I appreciate y'all.
Speaker 1: We also heard from linebacker Malik Harrison. He stepped into the starting lineup with rokwand Smith sideline by hamstring injury. Harrison led the Raves with thirteen tackles on the game. He was really a tone setter in this matchup.
Speaker 13: How much was on your going to a game like this, maybe knowing that real Quid might not be able to go out there, hang you with you guys, you know, just.
Speaker 19: Starting for the week, you know, knowing that the possibility that Rod was gonna be out. I just had the mind said that, you know, I was gonna go out there and start, you know, you know, I was just preparing my ass off, uh all week. And you know, yeah, is tough between.
Speaker 3: The edge off ball as kind of often.
Speaker 19: As you did, Oh it is, but you know, I I can handle it. You know, I've been doing it for the last but three three years, so you know it's it.
Speaker 15: It's you know, whatever they want me to do, I'll do it.
Speaker 10: What are you doing change from the first series to the rest of the game against their offense?
Speaker 17: Uh?
Speaker 19: You know the first series always gonna be a little shaky, you know, just get to get the jitters out. But you know after that, I got comfortable and you know, just playing my game.
Speaker 10: Because up with now two weeks, do you feel like it's been a lot to talk about? Okay, we're on the right track. Do you guys feel like, hey, we are on the Oh.
Speaker 15: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 19: You know, we you know, getting better every week, you know, eliminate the little mistakes. But you know, like I said, we just getting better every week.
Speaker 2: How did you feel to go out there and step up and have the performance?
Speaker 15: All feels good?
Speaker 19: You know it's a lot of people that doubted me come to this game. So you know, I'm happy that you know, I was able to you know, ball out and you know show them that, you know, I can be in this league and I can play at a high level.
Speaker 8: What was it like going against JK and Guts? Now that they're on the puzzing.
Speaker 15: Uh, you know it was fun. You know, it's always fun.
Speaker 19: You know, like I said, they you know they was here you know, last four years, so you know, going against them and practice, but finally get to you know, go against them in the game and really you know, tackle them.
Speaker 15: Was always it's fun.
Speaker 4: We what uh, how much does kind of the veterans when you have a tough loss at Pittsburgh and you're coming.
Speaker 3: Across the country.
Speaker 4: How much did you sort of have to turn the page quickly and how did the veterans factor uh into that?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 15: I mean, you know it's just a week. The week week.
Speaker 19: You know, you can't worry about the last week. You just gotta uh look forward and you know, look for that next week. So you know, just gotta turn the page and you know, just working with things that we did we didn't do last game, and you know do it this game.
Speaker 3: Well you easy, don't take nothing really.
Speaker 20: Uh, this team has come back from a lot of depths as thou year, but you know down there number a lot of teams don't come back.
Speaker 5: Why do you think this team has been able to insistenly come back?
Speaker 19: I think we just don't flinch. You know, we just don't flinch, lean on each other and you know, just tell everybody, you know, let's go. You know, it's still early. You know we're still gonna you know, buckle up our chin strap and just go out there and play.
Speaker 3: Uniform sweeter.
Speaker 19: Oh yeah, Actually I think me and harball is undefeated against hardball. You know, I think we both so you know, coach got a game ball, So you got a game ball for that. So you know, I'm happy for coach me and coach you know, for being undefeated.
Speaker 3: Did you get a Sun's post game?
Speaker 16: How much does you know I took?
Speaker 15: You said?
Speaker 8: What did you did you tell postgame?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 19: Yeah, definitely, you know, you know it's uh, I believe it's a little little brother, you know, you know, you know it's always good to beat up on a little brother.
Speaker 15: Yes, I did. Yep.
Speaker 1: We also heard from running back Derek Henry, who had one hundred and forty yards rushing in this wing.
Speaker 20: You know, the confidence to put your staff patters say it's an offense when three times going forward and fourth or fourth down, especially including that one time in back up in the sixty Yeah, you.
Speaker 21: Know, just you know, believe in us as a group and believe in that we're gonna get the job done.
Speaker 15: And we believe that we we will as well.
Speaker 21: So you know, we're just it's confident that we will end up cor converting when that uh on those fourth downs.
Speaker 15: And it is a great job balking and you know we always had you just make it playing with this.
Speaker 10: How much you think that first touchdown drive, of which you were a big part of its kind of got the offense going cause you guys didn't get off to the start. I know what you guys were looking for.
Speaker 15: Yeah, you know it. It definitely out of the spark.
Speaker 21: You know, got us more minimum outside and be able to get down there and and getting the end zone. So so yeah, it just happened that we were able to put a drive together so we can in the fens the drive with points to get us you know going.
Speaker 18: What did you think they they uh had their top rank defense. Rather they hadn't given up that many points all the year.
Speaker 3: You've got thirty. What did you think of their defense? And how were you able to to score.
Speaker 15: As much as you did to night. I still think they're a solid defense from top to bottom. There's a great job today.
Speaker 21: You know, we we were the better team, but still respect of those guys. They played hard, to play physical, and you know, I think they'll still be when they play off.
Speaker 15: Picture. They're good. They're a good team.
Speaker 10: Can you talk about the offensive line, like the job that they did open up holes for huge justice? Uh, kind of like taking charge up front.
Speaker 21: Yeah, just give 'em, give them all the credit, any sins I had, any success I had, I'm sure the Justice said the same things.
Speaker 15: Guys.
Speaker 21: The hell of a job today for us to have lanes open lanes to me everybody and.
Speaker 15: Just did a great job on that run.
Speaker 21: That's a huge, huge run, the huge moment in the game, and you know, credit to everybody blocking for him to have that run.
Speaker 18: The coaching matchup, how big it was a big deal amongst nationally, but how how big a deal was in the mom.
Speaker 3: The the team.
Speaker 21: Uh, I mean we weren't really making the big deal of it. Shit, they played on the biggest stage. So it's regular season games, just like you know, you gotta treat like a like another game. But you know, we knew they were a good team, a well coached team, and we had to come play.
Speaker 5: You're usually you're you know you're the one getting the ball in this whatever do what's it like to be pushing uh on the marks? You know, snap player on the fourth and one.
Speaker 21: Oh, I told her, so Malet, be ready, you finna get this. So he said something to me, So I felt, I said, you did it right, make sure we got it. But yeah, great job everybody blocking. And yeah I had to get to give him a shove for us to get it there.
Speaker 3: Here. Specialty is the wear down factor.
Speaker 5: How much do you notice that being a big part of this game, especially in the second half.
Speaker 15: No, I don't think I put it to the wear down part.
Speaker 21: I just can tell when we're in the rhythm and we're stringing players together, and you know, everybody's doing the great job of the run game for us to have success. And that's a good feeling when you have things like that, Like I said, this is a great defense. So yeah, you know I officed a line. Everybody who blocking did a great job for us. Has the sense r game.
Speaker 22: You were on Twitter yesterday when he's on this very field. Yes, you know what what did did that kind of inspire some of the best out of you as well? And and what do you think you know you two are doing for running backs?
Speaker 23: Uh after coming off a year where you know last year this time, you know, people were talking about running backs not being as important.
Speaker 5: That the season.
Speaker 21: Yuh, well, first of all, Saquon, slow your ass down now.
Speaker 15: But uh, he's a hell of a player.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 21: They're a hell of a team. You know, they been doing a great job as a team. How many games they want like non straight or think or something like that. But as far as running backs, maybe just wanna go out there and do our job, do our job effectively showed that the position matters and hopefully you know s you been doing that well enough to add value put the future of this position and the guys that's coming up to getting paid. And it's a uh a great time for us to you know, be able to have success and hopefully it bounce us off to the other guys that are coming up and get an opportunity to get paid.
Speaker 3: Speak of a sake one you got 'em next. Uh, what's going on in the in this room as far as the vibes and where you guys stand at this at this stage.
Speaker 15: Oh yeah, I mean we t one of a great win.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I got a great wing it's a uh great team and got a show we gotta play Sunday. So I enjoyed this who a little bit and then get you get ready for that for those guys. They're a great team as well. So for like every week, you know, we got a tough upon it. So you know, we gotta make sure we locked in and execute, get our bodies back under us, be ready for Sunday.
Speaker 10: Interesting about the defense to your guys events at night, Yeah, kind of hold it down while you guys, Uh, we're doing the job they did tonight.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I thought they did a great job.
Speaker 21: Herbert is a incredible quarterback, have a good running game, and I think our defense played pretty solid. You know they without the you know the captain out there. Row thought Malite did a hell of a job, but he was knocking people left him right every time you hit somebody ready to crowd ooh, so hell of a job to elite cars in the whole defense, man, they held it down.
Speaker 3: What's the thanksgivings?
Speaker 15: Huh?
Speaker 3: Thanksgiving plans?
Speaker 15: Uh and get ready for Sunday. Not not too much. I can't too much game Sunday, Turkey all of it every day?
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, yes, joy.
Speaker 1: Next up. We heard from center Tyler Lindbom.
Speaker 5: And what is the conversation there between you know you and Mark and so forth?
Speaker 6: And in terms of playing find a way to get a first down all eleven guys, just find a way.
Speaker 15: That's the biggest thing, do you get.
Speaker 20: I mean after that first person you went down score type found you went I think you scored five straight possessions and it's like that, Wait, you guys have been very.
Speaker 3: Streaky in that are you scored?
Speaker 20: There's a lot of games where you score on five six straight possessions.
Speaker 3: Do you feel when this team? Can you feel when you're out there that this offense.
Speaker 15: Whin it hits a move at all? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think it's I mean, just trying to get that momentum and stay with that momentum.
Speaker 3: It's important.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think this the slow start just as a offense, you know, I mean offense is around the league. They just want to find that rhythm and getting that rhythm, staying ahead of the chains. Like I talked about earlier, just get that first first down and just keep it rolling, keep it rolling, and that's gonna make it.
Speaker 15: You know, the longer on the field, the harder it is.
Speaker 6: For the defense, and you know, if you get to you know, third and short, it's it's more favorable for the offense than a.
Speaker 15: Third and eight.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So just trying to stay in favorable down in distances and you know, continue to you know, get first first downs on on first and second down, and then if it's third down, you just got to execute and keep the drive up.
Speaker 10: There's been a lot of focus on the offensive line kind of all years after a game like tonight, where do you guys think you are and where do you guys think you can get to?
Speaker 15: Yeah, still a lot of improvement to do.
Speaker 6: You know, just if we want to go where we want to go, you know, we gotta play at a high level. You know, we got to the guys the group is that we have, you know, in the skill position in our quarterback you know, it's it's some of the best you know in the world. So us at the end of the day, we just got to do our jobs at a high level and continue to to move the stick forward and just trying to get better and better each and every week.
Speaker 15: So you know, when we get to where we want to go, you know, we gotta be playing at a high level.
Speaker 5: When you convert those that earth Sorry, you can work fourth down in the second four you guys had two more on that drive and the third and fourth does it?
Speaker 3: What does that?
Speaker 5: Do you remember one of those? You know later in the game when you're facing those uh in second leason, you feel like, is there an is there a point where you feel like you kind of impose your will in a way.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I think there's a certain time.
Speaker 6: You know, we're kind of in our groove, you know, converting, you know, running the ball well, and then like I said, you know when it's you know, fourth down, and you gotta find a way. You gotta find a way to get a yard, a happy yard, however long it is. You know, just trying to trying to get everyone to do their jobs. And we got great running backs, great quarterback you know that can make a lot of plays.
Speaker 15: So just trying to do our job and execute.
Speaker 20: What's it look like a block for the guys that was the amount of physicality.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that's awesome. You know, he makes our team so much better. The things he's able to do is everything you want a running back.
Speaker 1: Next, we heard from tight end Mark Andrews, who had a big time touchdown catch in this win, he went.
Speaker 5: To the two minute morning there the punt teams heading back to up the second quarter.
Speaker 7: What was it communications, John that or were you surprised at that point? I think it was just the discussions of what we're gonna do, and you know, I think the decision came out to just believe it in the guys that we're a big push dout.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it was, it was. It was a great play.
Speaker 12: There was a lot of great plays made and and critical downs like that.
Speaker 3: It's credit to the guys that.
Speaker 12: Play in particular.
Speaker 8: That's something that you guys have been kind of.
Speaker 1: Holding overously for a while.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, every everybody's got their you know, different versions of it, and we've even practicing and you know, came through bigger than a big moment.
Speaker 10: Mark how much you think Derek, you know, the couple of runs yet early, getting guys going kind of sparked the whole offense.
Speaker 15: It's huge.
Speaker 7: You know, if we can get Derek going, it feeds off everything else. And he's so talented and you know our line is is playing incredibly well and for us to be able to get that the run game going and get him you know, kind of rolling was awesome for us.
Speaker 12: The coach, you got, how much of a thing was that around the players?
Speaker 7: You know, Coach Harvis didn't make that, you know, too much of a thing. This is this type of person he is. But you know, when you think about it, you know, in that family, it's really incredible. You know, just how they how they're wired and and everything they've done. And you know, for us, just having our coaches back, you know, we know that he's got ours and we've got his too.
Speaker 10: Mark, You've had some great offenses here before, but does this seem even a little different? You know, like tonight, so many different guys like Bateman, you know, Amy yourself that you know with this team that you guys feel like you'll find a way, some kind of way to get something.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, you know, being down ten early and there was just belief, you know, belief that we're gonna get things going and get things rolling. And we got so many playmakers that are able to step up make big plays when they matter. And it was just countless today of guys making big time plays, big time catches, big time runs over and over to advance the ball.
Speaker 3: You're pretty confused.
Speaker 15: When You're touchdown catch was initially will out.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I didn't know. I didn't know what was going on. I really didn't know what.
Speaker 7: Was going on until we were I was motioning on the two point play, I was looking up at the scoreboard and it wasn't very clear.
Speaker 12: But yeah, it was a little.
Speaker 8: Confused coming all this way.
Speaker 3: Not easy to win on the road, and this especially after what happened last week.
Speaker 18: For sure that you're ticked off about that bounce back.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I think guys took to this week and practice and just focus focus on the details of you know, playing football the right way and not making mistakes.
Speaker 12: And I think that we did a good job of that tonight, you know, the things that when.
Speaker 3: You get better at.
Speaker 12: But for this long travel and for for us to compete the way we did and and uh, you know, win this game.
Speaker 15: That's that's everything.
Speaker 10: You talk about a deep, you can tell about a deep.
Speaker 12: Uh, you know, vibes are great, and vibes are great.
Speaker 7: I think the beautiful thing about being here is that we're there's so many talented players and we know that we can be better and we're going to be better, and you know, we're just trying to hit our stride at the right time, and you know, guys are happy, but we're focused on getting better.
Speaker 10: Talking about the way the defense stepped up, particularly without road tonight and you know, keeping guys you know, in the game and taking over.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they played really good football, but played really really good football. And again you know, you look at look look in our locker room. You know, guys stepping up. You know, the leak, you know, just out there hitting people and and doing his job. And it was really cool to see a bunch of guys step up and and play the way that they did.
Speaker 12: The defense, you know, had an awesome game.
Speaker 3: Smart since the Austin that you were very vocal about them, we like this.
Speaker 1: What hit me seeing from him.
Speaker 7: Particularly to night and stepped up to make huge plays that that you know, that touchdown in that two minute drow was was really incredible. It was a huge boost for our team. And coming to get in the ball the second half, you know, he made a huge.
Speaker 1: Play next up his full back patch or card.
Speaker 9: You guys, m.
Speaker 23: Yeah, I mean, whenever you can convert fourth downs, it's it's huge. It's like a four point swing almost every time. So when you do that, you got to make sure you keep driving the ball because that's a big play, so you want to get points with it.
Speaker 15: And we're just happy that we're able to do it.
Speaker 12: We're not a career dray Lee Harrison out there today.
Speaker 13: What's something that maybe you don't appreciate about the way he plays in the league, actually practice against them as many times as you have.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'm just so proud of him.
Speaker 23: You know, not having Rokwalm was a big deal for us, just because he's a leader on defense, one of the best linebackers in the NFL. So for Relieve to go in there and not really playing too much in that spot all year. He did did in training camp, So for him to go out there and just play how he did, hitting as hard as he was flying around, I'm just so proud of him. It's just what a day for him.
Speaker 3: John beats Jim again with the brothers.
Speaker 15: How much?
Speaker 20: How much do you think that that meant for him?
Speaker 23: You know, it's I don't like I don't like putting words in put people's mouths, but it's probably another game for him. But I'm sure it means even more that he didn't lose to his younger brother he's throwing it out and I personally took some pride in that, just because you know, I've been with John.
Speaker 15: For my whole career here and for this game to be a little personal for him. Yeah, it's it's really cool. Did he mention it at all to the no, you know, how do you have?
Speaker 5: You're right, the wear down factor that people don't talk about enough what your running backs do is specifically Derek, but in general, you know, it's gotta be a major factor every game.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 23: I mean when you're able to run the ball and get positive yards and convert first downs and keep the offense on the field and wear the defense down, it's just going to open up everything on our offense. I mean, it's a big deal. It helps offense a lot, and that's the kind of games out like.
Speaker 22: To be in.
Speaker 15: And hopefully we can keep doing.
Speaker 3: It moving forward and looking ahead of here, just looking ahead Nick sears as well. But they're all big right now. Divibe in the room.
Speaker 23: Yeah, every game is a playoff game. You know, we're playing all the great teams, you know, and on Philly is a really really good team. So we're just gonna have to make sure we rest up and trying to play at home and just get ready for another prey challenge.
Speaker 1: Next is running back Justice Hill, who had a big time fifty one touchdown and the win kind of the knockout blow for this team. It was the longest touchdown run of his career. Just As talked about that play and getting this win on Monday Night Football.
Speaker 23: Justice another massive game for Derek.
Speaker 3: Why is he able to be so effective weekend.
Speaker 24: Which we kept the week I mean, he's a pro, he's a tough runner, he's a great running back, great player, great, great teammate, and so when you combine all those things, man, you it's no product but success, you know.
Speaker 16: And so he just all the right things and so is a product though, right, how.
Speaker 3: Fuck with that touchdown to work before halftime?
Speaker 24: I mean points are always big, especially when you're on a two minute drive. I mean we practice those things a weekend and week out. So whenever we're able to just execute it and drive down the field and great big plays, biggest closest man it, it just switched to momentum and so, uh that's.
Speaker 16: What it did for us, and uh that it's still a win.
Speaker 5: To describe the wear down factor between you and Deerrik and how that works through all the game.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I mean, I'll let him do most of the wearing down and then I'll come be able to do a.
Speaker 24: Little something and stuff after. But uh man, he's a great teammate man and uh man, we just got.
Speaker 15: A long way to go.
Speaker 3: And uh is that something though that most people don't talk about enough? Is that really does make a big difference when he's going in the second half.
Speaker 16: Oh yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 24: I mean nobody wants to stand in front of that every every single play, every single run Like you can do it one time, two times, three times, but when you gotta do it twenty twenty five times, you start to wear it down.
Speaker 16: And so I'm glad we we stuck with a run game this this game, and it played off us.
Speaker 1: You guys have some great short joptions. Sore on yourself.
Speaker 16: Uh how about going with the warrick in such a fixed spot there on that uh type? Yeah, Ah, I got the job done. Uh We've been practicing that for a while and so I'm glad it worked out. It is good and practiced it.
Speaker 10: Nah.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's a great play. What does it mean to you?
Speaker 20: That's kind of confidence any bots almost four five dollars.
Speaker 24: Yeah, I mean it means everything because I mean we know, uh, as a offense, we can get a yard at any given time, and so when we putting those situations, we wanted him to still call those so we gotta execute 'em, you know. And sh I think we went three for three and that's gonna continue to give him more confidence going on in the future. And uh, I mean it, I'm not sure the result of all those drives, but I'm pretty sure we got points from that, and so uh man, those big swings, those are uh big swings in the offense for us.
Speaker 11: Though.
Speaker 22: Guess it's when you you were talking about the distribution of runs between you and derekt the night and then obviously for Shad taking in and Mark making.
Speaker 3: Some spectacle of catches in the end zone.
Speaker 11: How much do you think this represents the ceiling when you know, you guys as skill players are kind of making those big players.
Speaker 16: And go, I mean, we know who we're capable of all of fro and when it uh really all come down and.
Speaker 24: S's just our execution, uh weekend and week out. Uh, we feel like we can square every single time we touched the ball as a offense. I mean, we have skilled players from the receivers to the tight ends to run the backs, to shoot our quarterback. Like, we have skill players everywhere that can take the downs and ain't give 'em points. So, uh, just being able to utilize everybody man is is a great thing to happen on the weapon for us.
Speaker 3: How about the stretchy important of getting this win. Your kids are so tight with the race that you guys are in it.
Speaker 24: Yeah, I mean when you get to this time of the year, getting close to December, it is always tough battles and uh, I mean this is what you train for.
Speaker 16: You train, we're in the spring, train for the summer, and uh the moment you're here, so.
Speaker 24: We're gonna continue to uh rise during those big games and come out victorious.
Speaker 1: When you were down with.
Speaker 10: The team with Downtown, Oh, what was the mindset?
Speaker 3: Coach said that his message were to be strong.
Speaker 10: So can you speak a little bit more about what the.
Speaker 1: Mindset was in that moment.
Speaker 16: I mean, I honestly didn't even know we were downtown.
Speaker 15: Oh.
Speaker 24: I mean, y'all don't even pay attention to it, cause I mean it's the first half, Like things are gonna go good, things are gonna go wrong, but she just gotta continue to like pre persevere. And yeah, I mean I didn't even realize we.
Speaker 15: Were down, but.
Speaker 24: Sh we're just a great team and when it when we put our minds to it, and I hadn't matter if Rep.
Speaker 16: Ten down ten.
Speaker 24: Uh, We're just gonna go out the next play and play the next place. So yeah, I think we did a great job of rallying from that and uh coming up victorious.
Speaker 3: What was Deeric and Saquon have done leading the way?
Speaker 23: Cause it feel like there's a running back revival in the league right now.
Speaker 16: Oh I don't think we ever went away, but uh, but I guess, I mean you can say that.
Speaker 24: But those guys that having tremendous years, it's gonna be fun to see how the end of the year shakes out, who has.
Speaker 16: The most whatever.
Speaker 24: But and they've been doing a great job and putting on for all the running backs through out the league.
Speaker 16: And so, uh they're special guys, special players, unique skill sets and uh yeah, man, they're awesome players.
Speaker 1: Lastly, we heard from safety Kyle Hamilton.
Speaker 16: For the game today.
Speaker 3: How did you guys have Perchase not way whatever music.
Speaker 25: Yeah, I think the guys in that room, everybody, it was a group after today and they stuck, they stepped up, They prepared all week like they were gonna be the starter and uh, you know, if Fro could have gone that he would have. But he's confident and we're all confident with people that stepped in for him.
Speaker 15: They did a good job that it.
Speaker 24: Would have to be by a committee.
Speaker 12: I know there's all that.
Speaker 24: Second year.
Speaker 25: Yeah, it's just communication is a big thing. Losing bro for the week and you know it is energy communication and that's a big part. So I think Marlon did a good job out there. It's keeping everybody up. If they made a big play the reset pre focused. But yeah, I think it was a group every day all love and play.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 25: Yeah, no, he's just fire around hitting everything. I'll be like twenty yards away, I could hear his hit. He didn't matter how the size of the person who was in or whoever. He was bringing it the whole game. So but we all know that's league and that's what he's gonna do, no matter what the position he's gonna he's put in with our special teams or then you started at mike Lonbecker tele football player and it's glad he got a shot.
Speaker 3: Today coaching matchups discussion. Was it the thing among the team on the player?
Speaker 15: Not really.
Speaker 25: I think that's more of something for media. You gotta grab onto and make the game big. You know, it's prime time brothers playing, it's each other. It's it's cool.
Speaker 15: But I don't think it was a big talking point for us.
Speaker 1: They had different.
Speaker 25: Yeah, like I said, there is there is. It wasn't a huge talking point for us, But we know that deep down Harves wants us win. It's a little means a little more than the other ones. And you know, it's a blessing to be in this game and be able to say I won this game, and you know, win that for Harps.
Speaker 12: But yeah, he's gonna have that bragging right for the foreseeable feature until we play him again.
Speaker 18: After last week. Thank you, thanks to come out. And he can be in a hot team or good team. You know, it's not easy to come all this way.
Speaker 25: Yeah, it's not easy to win any game in any situation in the NFL. You know, it's no matter who we're playing, you gotta win the game every week. And I think It's just a raven way, you know. We got knocked down and refocus, address what we did.
Speaker 15: Wrong, come out and get a big win. All right.
Speaker 12: Thanks to appreciate y'all.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Ravens Press Past podcast. Make sure you subscribe. Also head of the Lounge podcast feed and subscribe there as well. Thanks so much for listening. We'll talk with you again later this week.