Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of object.
Speaker 2: Trend your honor. Put me in Star Wars? Oh that is m yeah. Oh man, I'm Jack. That's Miles.
Speaker 3: Star Wars.
Speaker 1: On the grounds of put me in Star Wars, I object yeah. And these are some of the things that are trending. Lucasfilm is trending because Gina Corrano. I always want to add a Nana Gina Corana No, but it's Gina Coranaana suing Disney and Lucasfilm for discrimination and wrongful termination. She is seeking a court order that would force Lucasfilm to put her back in the Mandalorian that.
Speaker 3: Is the man. You know. The thing about this too is Elon Musk is like footing the legal bill too.
Speaker 2: Oh cool, because.
Speaker 3: You know he's like Anyboddy who has been like canceled here, like I will represent you in court or whatever. So Gina Krano's like, I'm gonna take you up on that, and did this like really long wordy thing talking about like kind of in all kinds of conspiratorial racist shit she'd posted. She was saying, like, the thing is I never use aggressive language. I shared thought provoking quotes, pictures and memes thought provoking provokes the thought that I may be vile.
Speaker 2: Bro, Sorry, my shit is so thought provoking.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, dude, just the most base, fucking thought provoking ship posts you've ever fucking seen. Sorry, but again, I'm like, it is a little odd when you're like the damages that I have experience or that have been done to me, and the restitution that I seek is to have a court order that will recast me, that Lucas, that will force Lucas from to recast.
Speaker 1: Her care worms, because you know, a lot of casting decisions I feel like would be under appeal immediately if if the court established the president, they could get you a gig, be sued into, uh getting the starring role in a major Hollywood production, Like.
Speaker 3: How do you even? Well whatever, So good good luck to you and just maybe leave us alone.
Speaker 1: That's cool to hear about Elon Musk, though, I wonder how is he, you know, helping out a lot of like underrepresented minorities.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, Gina Carano, that other white guy, the one racist full yeah, louisk Shane Gillis everybody.
Speaker 1: No immunity is trending because an appeals court has ruled that Trump has no immunity.
Speaker 4: Ah bull, I'd said that everything I do as president has to be protected otherwise than any president can be brought up on charges for committing crimes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but anyway, we talk more about that and tomorrow's episode. The one thing I will just add to that is if, and that is the biggest if of them all, bigger than Iffy waddy way, is if Scotus did the right thing and declined to hear an appeal to that, like you know Trump's appeal. Uh, we could have we could have a potential spring trial start date in the January sixth case.
Speaker 2: The January sixth case is the jack Smith one, right, the.
Speaker 3: Jack Smith's getting your guess. Yeah, that's the heavier of the two, of the other one being the mar A Lago documents tiff. But yeah, that's if that one gets an early start date. Who knows. But again, don't put your eggs in that basket, because no one's, not even a court is going to save us from whatever this guy's trying to bring.
Speaker 2: Whatever's coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Chris Pratt is trending because you know, after enraging the Internet by taking gigs playing Super Mario and our Field he is playing the Pringles guy in a Super Bowl commercial, or rather he's playing himself but with a giant mustache for some reason, which then leads to him being cast in a movie about the Pringles guy. So it's it's sort of playing up the idea of like Chris Pratt gets cast as everyone.
Speaker 3: All right, which because everyone loves that. Everyone loves that, Like it's that's not that's not the kind of attention a lot of these projects are getting. But I just I like the little finer details about this, like ad about how some eagle eyed people spotted that there's like this Julius Pringle's name, like as part of the Lord. I had no idea this was like some contested slash not real thing that there's no character.
Speaker 1: So at the end, so it starts out, he walks into a store, buys a Pringles has a big like uh, you know, Archduke Ferdinand mustache, and so I was like, oh my god, you look like the Pringles guy. Takes a picture of him and then like cut two, like it goes viral and then there's a billboard that says Chris Pratt is mister p But you zoom in on the movie's credit to the bottom and you can clearly see the name Julius Pringles.
Speaker 2: Which the man who started Pringles right right.
Speaker 1: So in twenty twenty two, Kellogg's claimed in an official document that their mustachio Pringles logo is one of their trademark characters like Tony the Tiger, Tucan Sam and called either mister p or Julius Pringles. But Julius Springles is so somebody looked it up. Julius Springle's not a trademarked character, and in fact, Julius Springles is a hoax.
Speaker 2: Two college students.
Speaker 1: Fucked around and added the name to the Pringles Wikipedia page in two thousand and six, and it just like started showing up in official Pringles promotional materials.
Speaker 3: I love how a company knows their brand so well. They're like, what was this saying our Wikipedia? Yeah, j JP is Pinki's what the wow? The power of Wikipedia? I mean, this is this is like the when I look at that, You're like, I was in college in two thousand and six, and that was the exact ship we would do is alter Wikipedia pages and email each other links to be like, dude, I didn't realize that, like you were Gavrillo, Prince Ship's brother, and you were actually an accessory to the assassination of the speak transfort it in or saying like people would have the highest selling album of all time, like you could get away for like hours of that kind of stuff. But credit to these two.
Speaker 2: Yeah that they did it.
Speaker 1: They did it because Julius Peppers was a famous football player at the time, and they just changed Tolias Springles. Yeah, North Carolina both basketball and football player. Yeah, yeah, went into the NFL, very good player, and they're like Julius Pringles, which, dude, that.
Speaker 3: Is so fucking such a time machine. Julius Pepper's from North Carolina. The two sport God.
Speaker 1: The fact that it is pluralized that it's Julius Pringles does really make it work for me. There there is a tweet exchange where Pringles is like, that's funny, Julius did too, and Michael A. Wiseman responds, Uh, you know that my friend and I made up the name Julius Pringles when we were in college.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: No no reply yet from Pringles, but it may be seen whether the name's inclusion in this commercial is a nod to the hoax where if some ad agency intern just like was googling went on Wikipedia.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, wow, Now I gotta like, do you think it's still up? Or they're like humiliated that They're like, call the fucking guy Wikipedia and get that ship taken down.
Speaker 2: You call our Wikipedia guy.
Speaker 3: Let's see Julius. Does it show up Julius Springles, there's a whole section under it still yeah.
Speaker 2: But probably presumably telling the story or no.
Speaker 3: Oh. So the first one is talking about how like it is a depiction or mister p designed by Lewis Dixon, like the actual history behind it. And then it said the mascot's name originated with with the Wikipedia hoax editor, the then hoax Julius put then hoax Ulius into the Pringles articles, which was subsequently picked up by other news outlets. And this is how misinformation becomes gospel truth.
Speaker 1: M Julius is a great name, by the way. Orange Julius Julius, the doctor, irving.
Speaker 3: Orange, Dude, Orange Julius, fucking miss Orange Julius. Yeah, they still have there's still a couple around, aren't there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like there's like orangs.
Speaker 1: I feel like they're like spotted every once in a while, like Bigfoot, you know, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: One of the few, like sweet garbage foods. My mom was also like, would let me get at the mall because she also.
Speaker 2: She was fed.
Speaker 3: She was like, guess what the fucked orange?
Speaker 2: I've never had orange julia? So what is orange juliet? What does it taste like?
Speaker 3: Like a cream sickle kind of.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's like a melted cream sickle.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay.
Speaker 2: It's not like actual orange juice.
Speaker 3: It's no, I mean it has it has milk, and it's like milk and orange juice kind of vibes down there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just know it from the SNL sketch with Sylvester Stallone.
Speaker 2: From the Copland era. I think I think that's why he was coming on SNL that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it makes sense, makes sense.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: And we're back and the country sticker Toby Keith just died at the age of sixty two following a battle with stomach cancer. For some of us, this news meant quickly googling to check to see if Toby Keith is the guy Nicole Kidman is married to. That is Keith Urban different.
Speaker 3: He's the guy who did the Lynch.
Speaker 2: Songs, which is the lynch y Yeah, so you know.
Speaker 1: In addition to the outpouring of love from some fans of bad music, UH, social media also was pointing out he was kind of a racist warmonger who was mostly bad. I definitely remember him from the you know, Iraq War era now yeah or now the chicks at the time, Dixie Chicks, Uh pointed out that it was an unjust war and he like, you know, used them as a punching bag and they were like excommunicated from the country community and started like receiving death threats.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I mean you know that his one pro lynching song Beer for my horses.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, you know that Just.
Speaker 3: That is wild that people who like were in the audience when he performed it on Colbert are like, yay, not listening to the lyrics. Our Grandpapy told my pappy back in the day, son a man had to answer for the wicked that he'd done. Take all the rope in Texas. I'd be like, I'm out, yep, ye find a tall oak tree, don't need to go any further. That's okay. I understand you're going to round, all round up all them bad boys, M boys, are you talking about Martin Lawrence and Will Smith? And we'll have and hang them high in the street for all the people to see. Wow wow wow wow wow wow.
Speaker 2: Anyway, interesting that's is it?
Speaker 3: Like I I was watching the local news. Everyone is so desperate to somehow like tie everything to Taylor Swift. And it's maybe true or not, but they're like, you know, Toby Keith was actually instrumental in Taylor Swift having a career too, well, like I'm sure we'll hear something from Taylor Swift. I don't know, just because that was the scene she started out in first, you know. Yeah, so I don't know if I don't know what that was, but it's just so weird, like as in aside, they just put that in like this person news, like I'm sure we'll hear from her about that soon, Like Okay, maybe you will, I don't know, maybe you won't.
Speaker 2: Maybe Toby Keith's name begins with a T, much like Taylor Swift. More on that at eleven Yeah, and now being a part of that same trend. There is a Taylor Swift story because she had to send a seasoned to sists. Two students to a student who's tracking her private jet, says she's in a constant state of fear. This seems to be pre standard for famous people to send. The student who tracks various famous people's private jets season desists. I mean, I will say, for all the reasons we've discussed about her being like the closest thing we've got to a living religious icon, I feel like she should be allowed to not be followed.
Speaker 1: Like I don't know that. I constantly have that thought, you know, when someone is that when people.
Speaker 3: Cape for billionaires because you're like, I might be a billionaire, and you're like, I mean, you know eventually with my jet, I do so.
Speaker 2: Partially it's like I don't.
Speaker 1: I just feel like she is like in many ways too culturally central, and like there is like a weird spiritual aspect to it that seems to confuse anger and you know, just draw a lot of devotion. So partially worried about her safety. Partially, yeah, I think I could one day be as famous as Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: I'm not ruling it out. I'm not saying it's definitely gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Same thing said with your chest out say I could be bigger than Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: Just watch me one day.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying it's theoretically possible, and I'm going to make Gary. Your mom said I'm getting good as a singer, and so I'm just saying that off.
Speaker 3: The now, I have the imagination for something bigger.
Speaker 2: Dude, Oh my god, ever since.
Speaker 1: So I saw Miles's family as we as we talked about earlier the week, I got to hang with the fam at the Geist child's one day birthday party, and uh, Miles's mom complimented my singing so that I, at the top of the show am.
Speaker 2: Becoming a better singer.
Speaker 1: And uh, you know, I took it very graciously in person, but at my house with my family, I have become such a deep Holy shit.
Speaker 3: Just walking around in gowns and stuff, and You're like, I can't be bothered. Right now, I'm warming up my vocal cords. Me me, mommy, may Really it's.
Speaker 1: All a vocal warm up for the AKA performance absolute. So yeah, that's what the show recording is, just a vocal warm up for the AKA performances. Because one day I do plan to be bigger than Taylor Swift. Okay, there, I said it, and we mean our Taylor, my privacy security needs to be protected.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I just don't know what you're how you can have a reasonable expectation of privacy. I mean, obviously you can because you're so famous, but like when you're also like moving in like not you know, it's a fucking jet. It's not like you're like leaving in like three different fucking suburbans, like go in different directions, like which one is in? It's like there's a jet. But I mean this mostly, I think the fear argument is being used because it's become a thing that a lot of people are like being like can you be a little more carbon conscious with the jets and stuff, because, like you know, Elon Musk tried to do it, but I think failed. That kid is is it the same kid who tracks Elon musk'st I have.
Speaker 2: To think it's the same kid.
Speaker 3: But it's all just one kid, you know, these days, it's all it's all happening, like because do you remember that one There's like this kid in California who is like a prolific swater, like the person who was swatting a ton of people and a lot of them were coming from like this one kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so wor it's almost prolific Swater.
Speaker 1: I saw him in the twenty twenty four Guinness Book of World Records. All right, Uh and finally, Uh, this is a story that we have mentioned in the past, but is just getting more and more coverage and now is being covered by the Guardian. I think the last time we brought it up it was being covered by the Intercept.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But yeah, So it's been pretty obvious the whole time that CNN's pro Israel coverage is rooted in some kind of like explicit corporate dictum. Right like last year when Anderson Cooper referenced the huge civilian loss of life and then quickly corrected himself to say loss of life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no civilian and not. It was weird the way he corrected himself, Like it did feel like that's right. We got the email that's supposed to say, don't talk about civilians or be very specific when you talk about who is claiming the number of people that have perished in Gaza. It's like according to the Hamas controlled health Ministry, which later we've found out that even the Israeli government was taking seriously and being like using those numbers in their own.
Speaker 1: Israeli military is using those numbers. The Israeli Intelligence Department is using those numbers. Yeah, so those numbers true. But The Guardian has reported that a lot of CNN staffers are themselves really pissed at the networks editorial policies, accusing them of an institutional bias that amounts to journalistic malpractice.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Again, these are CNN employees saying this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think when we first talked about it, a lot of it was about this thing that a lot of the reporting had to go through the Jerusalem Bureau before being reported out in the US, and a lot of people point like that they're the new head of CNN who came from the BBC also had their own history of like sort of you know, accommodating the Israeli government when it came to like how things were reported. But this is apparently like this has been going on for long, Like this is like a quote long standing policy, so that essentially where they say, well, we want to ensure accuracy, that many of the people that work at CENA like it basically goes through this process where these stories are being quote shaped by journalists who are legally obliged to work within the purview of the IDF.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the thing that CNN says about the story is going through the idea in one way or another.
Speaker 3: Or just or people understand that they're there's clearly a specific way to speak about this, which is interesting because that's a thing that foreign reporters have to sort of they sign this document when that's as quote, agreeing to abide by the dictates of the censor. But we also know too that in Israel, like it's their own media that has probably had the most like like truly like passionate opposition to what the government is doing. So it's like interesting how you can like how it's like, well, if you come here from abroad, you better do it this way. And the people that live here, okay, they can you know, they have free speech, I guess, or can report on it how however they see fit.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, but we're getting worse information than people in Israel are getting.
Speaker 3: Right, depending on where you get your news, because I think what you hear too there is that the local news is only focused on one side of what's happening, does not really mention casualty to civilians and yeah, you know, like yeah.
Speaker 1: So as we mentioned, just like substantively, some of the things that you'll hear on CNN is anytime death toll is reported, they would say casualty statistics are coming from Hamas controlled Ministry of Health. There's also reporting any bombings in Gaza have to be described as quote blasts that are attributed to nobody until the Israeli military ways in, Like those are direct was blasts, right, attributed to nobody until the Israeli military ways in, and then waving through any statements by the Israeli government while heavily scrutinizing anything released by the Palestinian government.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then even like you have seasoned journalists who have like actually been working on reporting in the region for like their whole lot decades, that's what they do professionally. That like it's freezing those people out to the point like they don't even want to engage with the network. So morale is pretty low. And again I think this is just like anything like apparently the ratings that CNN and Fox News have gone up since everything, like since the attacks on October seventh, and like MSNBC viewership has gone down, which is interesting because I feel like Mehdi Hassan, who used to be on MSNBC was speaking pretty like, you know, objectively about what was happening, and even Ali Velshi did and then like that seemed to cause some issues. And yeah, I mean, I think these outlets largely just provide like a narrative to people that help the viewers feel completely disconnected to like the tragedy that's unfolding, and certainly like shield their viewers from any notion that their own tax dollars or the United States government are like the fucking fuel that allows this machine to keep going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's a it's a hard truth to hear.
Speaker 1: It's like a real breaking point, I think for a lot of people. And so the counter narrative that CNN is providing, like it's more popular and helps people just kind of stay cocooned.
Speaker 3: And you know, yeah, I mean that's just how it was too. Like even you know, I'm like in high school college early college days for me, with the Iraq War, it was just so obscure and you're like, look, how badass these dudes blew this fucking little town up right, and like that was it. You were so disconnected from the humanity of it all, and you're just yeah, it's like they have a playbook for this kind of stuff in our Western media.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Iraq War was very very similarly like kind of treated the way this one is being treated at that time. And then you know, in retrospect now we learned that all the people who were pumping the brakes and you know, objecting had the fact on their side.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and well then also too, like the Islamophobia that's going, like that Wall Street journal piece that said, like dearborn Michigan is like the new like hub of like jihad and area. Yeah, whoa whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa whoa.
Speaker 1: All right, well, those are some of the things that are trending on this Tuesday, February sixth.
Speaker 2: We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show.
Speaker 1: Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk.
Speaker 2: To you all tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Fight bite