Speaker 1: Hoping to we talk back, where we encourage you to hustle hard, laugh louder, and always keep it cute. So grab your.
Speaker 2: Coffee, cocktail and crown.
Speaker 1: Because it's about a gold damn.
Speaker 2: Talk talk talk. We're just two unapologetically black women with an opinion.
Speaker 1: Who talks back. What's up, y'all? It's your girl, aj Holiday, what's up, tam Damn Hey, y'all.
Speaker 2: I love y'all so so, so so very much. Girl on teeth is extra white girl. I put some white strips on yesterday. I was smiling and it was like a twinge of yellow.
Speaker 1: Look at mine right now because I was using turmeric toothpaste, and I'm like, what the fuck? And I do do teeth white names. I'm like, why the fuck? My shit look kind of beingey, especially because I don't got no ring light or nothing like that right now. But yeah, I'm like, bitch, you putting turmeric on your damn teeth?
Speaker 2: Bitch Oh yellow first of all, turk on yellow, anything it touched.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I didn't think it was until I saw how my toothbrush bristles kind of got kind of y'all. I'm like, it has to be doing the same thing to my goddamn.
Speaker 2: Teeth, right, crazy ass. Yeah, but I'm thinking yesterday shout out to Chris, that was your weekend. We need some ads, period. My weekend was a bunch of havoc, y'all. It was my birthday weekend. My birthday was on Sunday.
Speaker 3: Yea hey birthday, yea yeah, birthday to you.
Speaker 4: Happy birthday, easy, hey Jay, Happy birthday to you.
Speaker 1: It was literally a j's holiday, Okay. On Sunday, she.
Speaker 2: Ain't respond to a single message or car what was good?
Speaker 1: Get it?
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: From the time I woke up, remember I told you I was doing a photo shoot, so I wish y'all motherfuckers would have waited for my little pictures. And I really was trying. That's why I wanted to do it on Saturday. But my little props and shit didn't come in and times had to reschedule for Sunday. So from the time I woke up to the time this nigga got here to do my photos, I was getting ready the whole time, and you called me and I was literally shooting at the time, and then straight from there we had dinner at seven o'clock, so that was it. That's my whole day. And then I was so exhausted. I'm in the cars sleeping on the way back to the house. I took a shower and I got in the bed. I did look at a few messages. I thank you all for all the happy birthday wishes, and I still hadn't responded to a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Jiyack page, because I don't think you even went on that.
Speaker 1: One on the story.
Speaker 2: No on the page. No, you gotta go check because it's a lot of people wish you would have.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, y'all, girl, I catch up on life yet. Okay, my damn house a mess from just making this the studio for a damn day. It's just a mess, man.
Speaker 2: The pictures are absolutely stunny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got some other ones to post. I just gotta get my edits back and stuff. So yeah, it was. I had a good time. Took me forever, girl. I do not know how to pose, y'all. I'm about to just start practicing poles and ship.
Speaker 2: That's what I need to do too, because every time I think I'm eating and then I look at the picture and I look.
Speaker 1: I'm like, well, my body looked like that. What the fuck is happening right now? Like why am I? Am I really standing like that? In my mind?
Speaker 2: Like I'm really like posing like that. You look as stupid the whole time. But you know what, me and you are both so hard on ourselves when it comes to photos.
Speaker 1: No, them pictures are looking dumb. Okay. And also because this isn't a studio, my backdrop didn't come, so I the pictures had to be like more close up kind of. Also I didn't have enough wall space basically like with the backdrop to do what I wanted to do, So yeah, I just had to make do Yeah, So it worked out a little tiny bit.
Speaker 2: Where'd you go to dinner?
Speaker 1: Ah? Damn? What's the name of this? It's called Kings on Dange's Island. I don't know if you've ever been to Dang's Island in Charleston. But it's like a little riverfront restaurant. No, it is not good. It was No, it's called King something and I don't want to really like, but we ended up with a super discount on dinner. That's how bad our dinner was. It took a long time to come out, and then when it came it's like I don't ever add season into my food after it's cooked. May I cook it or like a restaurant, I just deal with it. But when I tell you I had to ask for salt, like you cannot cook pasta. I had a lobster pasta. You cannot not seasoned pasta, and it was like spinish spinish noodles. You gotta season that ship tastes like nothing. Nothing I was. I don't know the best part was my dessert.
Speaker 2: Well, I would like for you to go to visit this place. It's close by you. It's called, oh your Tunji village.
Speaker 1: You mean a Hellnhead area. Yeah, I've been there. African village. Yeah, I've been there twice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what it looks like nowadays. We went like I went one time, but like a field trip because it is an actual African village. But people don't really live in there. You know what I'm saying. It's more so tourist attraction nowadays. Oh really, yeah, now you can. It's some places around there where you could go get you some work done if you need it. You know what I'm saying. You're looking for somebody to do some shit. To somebody. Yeah that was nobody.
Speaker 2: I want somebody to do something to me, help me this weak.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, I've been there.
Speaker 2: That's how I look. Documentary on it over the weekend and I was like, oh wow, this is like really really dope, y'all. If y'all get a chance, check out a documentary on the Oh your tonguey village in South Carolina, the only African village existing in South Carolina. That's dope. So that's what I did this weekend. I watched documentaries after documentaries. Oh, and I got my hair locked and it took.
Speaker 1: A long, long long. The hair is fleaky, thank you.
Speaker 2: It looks you know. It's just when I get my hair like this, I turn into somebody else. I don't know. The energy just shift.
Speaker 1: Not you a hole, teph you black women in their hair.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Very earthly.
Speaker 2: I've been hugging and talking to the trees like it's just very it's given, very earthy. Girl. I almost went out with no deodorant one day, but I ain't that.
Speaker 1: Your spirituality is not an aesthetic that's given right now.
Speaker 2: It's how I feel on the inside that's just coming out. Yeah, because you have locks, no I got the locks because of how I was feeling on the inside. It's all. What's what you see on the outside is a representation of how I've been feeling on this da.
Speaker 1: Y'all, Dan, how she started a conversation after right and my tripping.
Speaker 2: I'm telling y'all, I'll tell y'all how I feel.
Speaker 1: It sounds like she adjusted to the hair, not.
Speaker 2: The hair hair, the hair adjusted to me. And this clarity and feelings I've been having because of this seventy five heart. Yeah, my I'm elevated period, way up.
Speaker 1: Let's put it. What was your weekend? Like, that's it? You just got your hair done?
Speaker 2: I watched documentaries and got my hair done.
Speaker 1: Oh, you know, that's a good weekend.
Speaker 2: And then I did my workouts. You know that's it. I'm on y'all today. Well, by the time you hear this, I'll be on day sixty seven.
Speaker 1: So what's gonna happen at seventy five? You're gonna keep going eighty.
Speaker 2: No, you're gonna drink some liquor. Drinking some liquor, Like, oh, day seventy six, I'm gonna have me a cocktail and a bacon cheeseburger.
Speaker 1: You already know.
Speaker 2: I already know I'm gonna have you espress on martini and a bacon cheeseburger that day. But I'm definitely gonna continue to work out. Instead of seven days a week, I'm gonna cut back to like five days a week, and instead of two workouts a day, I'm just gonna do one, you know, because I need my life back. This really take a large portion of your life from you, like so yeah, and it's not sustainable. It's not something you could do forever. Seven days a week, two workouts a day is just you know, saying.
Speaker 1: Some people be doing it. I guess that's all they got to do. Though. Those niggas who you see in the damn gym every day every day, I can all day. Some days like I've been, I've cried in there, I've drug getting there. I remember one day, I was like laying on the bike, and I know that bike filthy. I was laying on that bitch like you.
Speaker 2: I was laying on that bitch just moving my feet, just moving it a little bit too. And the forty five minutes, I think I barely made it four miles. That's not like for to go for five minutes. I can't usually do like eleven or twelve miles. I barely like right, yeah, I barely made it four miles. So it was just days where I was just pushing through the best I could.
Speaker 1: I to check with my complex and see where the fuck my bike went at because I was out of town and they like moved things I had, like under the stairwell.
Speaker 2: Oh it's cracking with your bike right now.
Speaker 1: Girl, where is my fucking bike? I know it had looked dusty from falling and all that because it just wasn't time to ride bike yet. Yep, but I want my bike.
Speaker 2: Yep, before somebody take the shit.
Speaker 1: They better than not had throw my bike out. I never saw it by the trash can by the dumbstairs.
Speaker 2: That's because somebody took it home.
Speaker 1: Listen. I've been avoided asking them about it because I don't feel like cussing people out, because I just know in my spirit that I'm a custom people out in that office. I already feel like that.
Speaker 2: Let me tell y'all something. You know how I'm speaking of cussing people out. I always say like I'm better now, I'm healed, But I realized I ain't as healed as I think because I just cussed somebody smooth fuck out.
Speaker 1: The other day, it's necessary. Sometimes that doesn't mean you're not healed, but you got to work on the thing that triggered you to then cuss them out. But sometimes that shit is fucking necessary.
Speaker 2: It's what I'm talking about. It was the thing the reason I cussed them out because they wouldn't go see a doctor. Oh yeah, and I cussed them smoother fuck out. I'm talking about bad. I called them an MF, a stupid mfort and hung up in their face.
Speaker 1: What's the prognosis, Like, what's happening with them?
Speaker 2: They got like one day they tilted to the side where they the way they walking right now, it looked like the hunchback of Notre Dame, right, so they back is fucked up. And then they also having like bad hemorrhoid issue and not going to the doctor is insane to me, and I just I cussed them out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's slumped over it. I don't know. I'm not going to say what it's given, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but when you get see it, it's just black men, y'all. Like, I don't know what it is with black men and not wanting to go to the doctor. But it's just really because they made an appointment and they was like, well I felt a little better, so I canceled it.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm what. Yeah, I don't know why they neglect their health. And then they're like, what's the benefits of heaven and wife?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: We be keeping y'all niggas alive? Y'all? Are y'all kind of slow? Because why the fuck was you just sitting there and suffering and not go see about.
Speaker 2: It and just medicating? That is not how you heal your body. Yeah, you're just masking the problem.
Speaker 1: I remember one of my classmates she passed away, you know, as an adult now, but she was having some type of stomach issues and like, I don't know why been in Charleston like Goodie headache powders is like, I don't know, everybody takes a Goodie headache powder and some ginger ale for her stomach. When she passed, her stomach was full of Goodie headache powder acid essentially, that's all she was masking it, just having pain and just taking the medicine girl over the counter.
Speaker 2: Shit, that's crazy because this is a man that I know. He died for a brain aneurysm, and he was in his car when like he died in the car driving. When they found him, his car was covered with goodie powder empty packets because his brain was hurting. Your head was hurting so bad, and he was just taking goodie powders to mask the pain instead of going to your body was telling you it's something wrong. And instead of going to the doctor, you just taking drugs. Y'all, y'all, please everybody listening. If you are experiencing some type of pain or some type of ailment and you're just taking pain pills, go to the doctor. Your body is trying to tell you that there's something wrong.
Speaker 1: And you know, like in the movies, how to turn you around. Because you don't have health care. If you go to the emergency room, they're just going to give you a dumb ass bill, but they will see you. They got to see you. And on top of that, Obamacare still exists, right, so you still get Medicaid. Just people aren't applying. I've never not I think maybe I've been out without without insurance one time in life. So yeah, you're gonna have like a deductible and she like that for labs and things like that listen that let that shit stack up and just be debt as opposed to your eyes dying. You'll figure it out. What everything the fuck else? Go to the doctor. What is happening to the doctor?
Speaker 2: I know? And then last thing, I had a friend who ended up dying from a heart issue and he used to be beating on his chest all the time and I and I'd be like, you need to go to a doctor. What you be doing that. He's like, man, I'm waiting for this insurance to kick in. You worried about money and end up dying from that heart issue instead of seeing the doctor nuts So so I customer out. But it was my thing is there's a better way to say how I feel. I gotta work on that. Instead of calling him a stupid motherfucker, I could have been like, you know, I want you to be here a long time and I care about you and that I don't want you to die or so. I don't know what I could have said, but something better than you know what, you're a stupid ass motherfucker.
Speaker 1: But had you but had you already said something to him before about it?
Speaker 2: Yes? I have.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that's where it came from. Yeah, that's that's exactly where it came from.
Speaker 2: Okay, well let's get in the sin as, y'all, because.
Speaker 1: We already did sentence, did we We have a talking about some bullshit for too long? All right, y'all shd damn y'all niggas talk too much?
Speaker 2: Right, we talked too much. That's what we need.
Speaker 1: The name show.
Speaker 2: Keep Sweat drags modern single lady. So Keep Sweat had to show y'all over the weekend or I think it might have been late last week. And he addressed the crowd and said that he was single, and he know how to wash his own clothes and he can cook his own food because these women now, they don't want to do nothing. They don't want to bring to the table. They don't want to iron his clothes, they don't want to cook him no meal. And he said he's done with too many entitlement things. You got to bring something to the table to get something from me. They don't want to cook no more. I washed my own clothes, iron my own clothes. Gotta do something for me.
Speaker 1: Have you ever known any woman to be associated with Keith Sweat like? Has he just been a batch his entire life?
Speaker 2: I can't think of nobody me either. Okay, so his persona maybe he was, like, you know, he is the lover boy, so heaven right would probably mess with his you know, identity as that lover boy.
Speaker 1: Okay, lover boys and now here you are? How old is Keith Sweat? Let's school? How old is Keith?
Speaker 2: While you google that, let me tell you I remember the only thing I was Steve three.
Speaker 1: Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 2: My daddy when I was little, I always used to remember my daddy saying, I hate this begging ass motherfucker, like everybody used to say that, all the parents. That's what I remember about Keith Sweating. As a kid. My daddy would always talk about the big always begging, wow, listen, which is to do anything he's sticking y'all.
Speaker 1: First of all, women who are sixty three are not modern women. Women who are sixty three cook clean and do all the fucking things. So who is his target market? Who is he actually dating that isn't doing anything for him?
Speaker 2: Us?
Speaker 1: Exactly? He's dating young and even us our age group. Okay, I would I would beg to differ, okay, that he's dating women even younger than us.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: At sixty three years old because he think he looks young because he dies his hair. You are old, fart. I need you to chill out and get a woman at least fifty, at least fifty. But they don't want fifty year old women. They still want to chase and do the like Shannon Sharp when he was talking to who is he talking to? And they would They basically said, damn, you'd be Uh you date the same age girls I date.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: What do you think you're gonna get? Those are fun girls you're not even dating because they're even in those age ranges. There are mature women right who got the shit together, who do all the things in a relationship. Those aren't the women you're going for. You are going for the women that you got to take care of, okay, And they just come and they look pretty all right.
Speaker 2: They come here to cook you no food, Yes the fuck what you thought? Make reservations?
Speaker 1: Yes, what you said last week? Make it mean uber or dash? Yeah, that's about it. What are you really looking for? These men have to really be honest with themselves. Just say I'm full of shit and this is what I like. I mean because I'm a woman whose father is seventy five and his wife is the same age as she's in between my two sisters, Sam's forty six, forty five, and I think my oldest sister's forty nine. So my step mom quote unquote is your peer. She's my peer, and she's in between the two of them. Yeah, and she she cooked, so does my dad, like they do all the things. So you can find a woman, right, a little younger than you, who's who does the things. That's not what he's looking for. That's not, obviously not who he's dating to sit up on stage in front of all these women and talk about what modern women aren't doing. Right, modern women be cooking. I don't these niggas be lying on the.
Speaker 2: Woman be cooking?
Speaker 1: Who they have been lying on us since Adam and Eve. These niggas is walking around with the apple and they fucking neck and saying that we ate the apple they literally got.
Speaker 2: I need y'all to look when y'all stop, when this is over, I want y'all to look around at all the men. They ain't got no more Adam's apple. I don't see them no more. They gone.
Speaker 1: I see them on some men, some men and something I mean, maybe we might be a little bit chunkier nowadays. Also the neck kind of fat. But I do see men with Adam's apples. You see that, Look.
Speaker 2: At it, Look at that cloud though they look like jay Z And then I'll be looking at I have no.
Speaker 1: It's gone evolution, y'all are like for some reason, Uh, something's happening. And the men want to be caddled like children and they want to be treated like bad bitches. That's what's happening, and that's why the Adams. Yes, they turn it into women. We might fuck around and start getting Adams apples, right, but yeah, quite lying on us. Stop lying on us. Women's ally, dudes lie like a rug.
Speaker 2: So now this kind of pissed me off, this one right here. Cocoa Golf won the French Open over the weekend, and she manifested that ship because she even had a piece of paper write that I will win the French Open five yeah, right down. Yeah. And this girl who she played against, I can't pronounce her name. I'm a mess it up, Arna Arnia erna sublinka. She gonna say that Coco didn't play a good game. She just played a bad game. Basically, Cocoa ain't good and she just she's better than Coco. She just played a bad game. My girl takes the l And first of all, Coco has beat you before. Did you play a bad game then, too, bitch? Like? Are you always playing bad games against Coco? Girl?
Speaker 1: So you know this is where bad thing where you know, children are now being caddled more thinking everybody can be a winner. And this is what happens when they grow up, right, and they're unable to accept when they fucking lost because everybody cannot win every time. You're not gonna always win. And if you don't show gratitude for the winners, you'll never be a winner again.
Speaker 2: Right. Let me tell you then, participation trophies was the worst thing that happened to these kids. Once they started getting everybody in a ribbon that field day, it's over for us to get a ribbon. You don't deserve one if you did not win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you didn't win the super Bowl, you can't go to the White House. Not everybody go to the white House. You know what I'm saying, Both like ship like that. That is not how it's supposed to be. There are winners and then there are losers. You're not gonna always be be a winner, and you won't always be a loser.
Speaker 2: And then think about taking the l gracefully. It makes you, it keeps you humble, and it makes the win you do win, it makes it that much better. Like you gotta take your l's gracefully. You gotta be prideful and congratulate the winner always. So so Blinko or whatever your name is, girl, that was what you said. I know you was upset. I imagine you made it all the way to the top just to get beat by this beautiful, black, bad black dude. You mad.
Speaker 1: I get it, but I don't get him.
Speaker 2: I get why she was mad. She lost. Nobody likes losing, but you could have handled that much better, woy. A joyful loser is very rare, but you don't have to be a bitch about it.
Speaker 1: So, Wendy Williams ex Kevin Hunter. He is planning to do a tell all interview. I wonder what this may consist of. Kevin Hunter is reportedly preparing for a one on one interview with Gail King to speak his truth. I cannot stand that thing that's saying that's my truth. This might I can't stand it because your truth oftentimes could be a very very much so a lie, So it says. Interview with King is expected to touch on deeply personal and public chapters of his life. Those specific details have not been released. Who has just started pouring down ring? Can you hear that? Hunter has been in the spotlight due to his legal battle with debmar Mercury. The producers of the Wenny Williams show okay following the divorce of Wendy Williams in twenty nineteen. So y'all know, Wendy Williams is making her a little comeback. She gets she getting her freedom back, literally, right, And I wouldn't doubt that he was probably a part of the reason why she ended up ended up in this predicament anyway, you know, just the heartache, the betrayal. That shit can lead you down a very dark road, y'all. God never let the devil sit back next to him, because betrayal is the ultimate sin. Okay, So you can't come back around me once you have betrayed me. Right, So he's married to his side bitch now who he had living down the street from them. They have a baby together. You don't really even who are you without Wendy Williams right, And this is why he's just still harping on this, like I just don't between this shit right here, and then like the shit that's going on with remym and Pappoof's like where is the love? Where is is the love?
Speaker 2: There's a thin line where about that? That ship is so fucking thin it's scary.
Speaker 1: Yes, Like you mean to tell me we we are no longer and now we're just gonna go on this disparaging rampage against each other. That shit is everybody, see, I like wreak up.
Speaker 2: I pray over myself that that, you know, if I ever First of all, I pray that when I actually meet my husband we stay together forever. And if we don't, that is never like that just amicable.
Speaker 1: We don't got you know what I'm saying. We enjoyed each other, We appreciate each other, the time we spend and move on.
Speaker 2: So it says, go ahead, well and then I'll, you know, and I will be a pleasant widow because that's the only way you're going anyway.
Speaker 1: I'd be listen, y'all think I'd be playing. But I don't even like losing friends. And shit like that because I'd be not and shared all my intimate details about my life with the motherfucker. Now we're not friends no more. I be waiting on some ship like this, if shit, you're real popping or it's like this is the type of shit like I got him for h money for So since leaving the show, Hunter has faced financial challenges. So this is this is when the bullshit start happening, right, So now you need some money, including selling his Florida home and dealing with legal action over alleged credit card debt. The interview with Gail King could shed new light on both Kevin Hunters and Wendy Williams lives following their divorce in twenty twenty after over two decades of marriage, which ended due to Hunter's infidelity and birth of a child with another woman. So you destroyed our marriage. Now they always had like a little they should always was kind of iffy, But you destroyed our shit. You start a whole new family, and that's not enough for you. You gotta destroy me too, right, He's the worst type of person, like the beef he had with Charlemagne. Like this nigga, this this, this, this nigga is like he's just not a good person. He's not a good person, like unless day he'd be trying to destroy Charlamagne.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he's gonna get paid for this particular interview, and he need the money. But I can't wait to hear what the story is, what he gonna say.
Speaker 1: He ain't got nothing to say. Just take your fucking l and go. What's wrong with people not being able to take their l's? Just go? You got what you wanted, right, No he wants more apparently, yeah, because he ain't got no money to take care of that girl no more. She probably ain't working nowhere. You just over here struggling with the old nigga. Now, I'll be damn.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, this is the last thing I want to do. So I keep seeing people talk shit about Tyler Perry, and I know, stay for that, because one Tyler Perry employees black people and it almost seems like nothing but us. And when he pays, he pays people what they're worth, and he tells our stories, people are like, oh he he capitalizes on black trauma, Like these stories ain't really happening, Like he ain't making this shut up. Black women go through a lot of shit, But tell me a story where he didn't have the black woman come out on top for the most part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's yeah, they be coming out on top sometimes and then sometimes it's still kind of disparaging sometimes, Yeah.
Speaker 2: But is that not real life? Is that not real life? Though?
Speaker 1: I guess I think the problem is because I just had this conversation with a friend yesterday, and I'm like, why white people don't feel like that, like somebody's exploiting them about their movies because it's coming from one person though that the type of the genre is coming from one one studio, one production, right Whereas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he's the only studio doing black stories a lot. And I guess that that's where we need.
Speaker 1: We need variety, right, we need to make sure we're showing all aspects, but black lives.
Speaker 2: Because what's her name, marl Bora could kill She makes movies and shows and she just did Forever that was a beautiful story about blackness that it wasn't It wasn't anybody in there depicted in a way that was disparaging. Yeah, So, and it's more true stories. Maybe Tyler Perry makes stories about black female trauma, because that's what he knows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess you know.
Speaker 2: So I don't like when they talk about him. And then here's another thing that he did. He always poured back into our community. He always keeps us employed. He gave Simbad. Tim Bad was in a movie Simbad had a massive stroke five years ago. When nobody's checking for Simbad or trying to help Simbad. But and his role in the movie was very small, but he was like, look, I got to check for you, Simbad because I love you. I've seen what you've done for our community. You brought a lot of way. I'm gonna make sure some money in your pocket. Who else doing that? Y'all? Please don't play with me by Tyler Perry. Okay, who else doing that? Nobody?
Speaker 1: Don't don't play with time by Tyler Perry. Chill, I ain't playing with you by Tyler Perry. Got it?
Speaker 2: Okay? Thank you? Because I love him? You got it?
Speaker 1: Girls, when we talk about the day, because I'm scared.
Speaker 2: Acrimony, perfect segue. Bitch, were getting into the movie Acrimony, another movie about a black woman.
Speaker 1: Not just scoring a dumb bitch. We'll get into it after this commercial. I'll be right back.
Speaker 2: All right, y'all. So people were in the ds d M saying they really loved our movie breakdown episodes, and I love them too, because you know, I love me a movie and I'm you don't want to be in him Tyler Perry. So I wanted to break down acrimony because that just really aligns with what we'd be talking about on this show when it comes to relationships and how shit be going sometimes. So I want to talk about the alright. So if you haven't seen it, go watch it and then come back to this episode, because.
Speaker 1: Y'all seen them wigs in acrimony. Y'all had to have seen acrimony. It's been a couple of years now. I thought there was going to be an acrimony too.
Speaker 2: I was hoping that would be acrimony to where she didn't get she didn't die. First of all, this is such a sad story because do you feel like either character was wrong? All right, let's talk about the plot. Acrimony is about a loyal wife, Melinda, who becomes increasingly unhinged after feeling betrayed by her husband Robert, following years of personal and financial sacrifice to support his dreams. All right, So Milenda me's Robert in college after a word or when romance. She supports him financially, even using her inheritance, while he works on his inventuring the battery. They struggle financially for years, and Melinda eventually divorces Robert. After divorce, Robert's invention finally pays off, and he becomes a wealthy man that marries another woman, a woman that he had cheated on her with when they were younger. Melinda spirals into rage and obsession, believing she was old. More than just money, she wanted the life she helped build. The story ends in tragedy, with Melinda's mental state completely unraveling. Okay, so.
Speaker 1: In the beginning of Acrimony, we saw how crazy Melinda was. Yeah, she was always a little rammed his trailer off of a cliff, did he not not because he was in there with a woman another woman? Right, So we knew she was capable of being crazy, and she.
Speaker 2: Hurt herself to so much to the point where she could never conceive by doing that.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, that's on you. You know, that's on you, even.
Speaker 1: If you take accountability for that.
Speaker 2: Nope, Okay, so I would say, Melinda has mental health issues always hey, or you just know you ain't supposed to play with her, sir.
Speaker 1: Her and his man was married for a very long time. And I think this kind of it kind of like it definitely depicts how women put their partners before them, right. So it is like, it is hurtful when I see men say what is the benefit of marriage and stuff like that, because it is a big sacrifice for women. We sacrifice our bodies, the children. I have seen this post the other day. This girl was like, this is a video of a woman saying she lost all of her teeth okay, during pregnancy due to vitamin deficiency, and men out here saying why do I need to get married? Why do I need to Why do I need to uh, why need to go fifty fifty? Or even why do I have to finance this woman's entire life? We we literally sacrifice our lives for everybody else. I'm leaning to wars not wanting to do that. Okay, nowadays it's crazy, you know what I'm saying, Like, that's why I got to draw the line at my goddamn teeth.
Speaker 2: Right, I love my teeth, But think about it, I've like, especially we're doing here. I've seen women lose all their hair after having a baby. I've seen them have like complete back lee actly covering their whole back and ship like just all kind of stuff that happens to your body even after after the baby that left it out of the body and it's still being affected.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, you're not the same person. You literally you were single and now you're a mom and your wife. I'm not the same person.
Speaker 2: And my edge is gone, and my teeth man ship, and my back looked like brow.
Speaker 1: You don't even notice like who you are anymore. And you got a baby hanging off your titties like.
Speaker 2: A stranger hanging off your body because they're not your y'all just met and.
Speaker 1: You got you have a group of people in this world who think that being a female, being a woman, being a human adult female is just an aesthetic.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I was watching Jason Lee Hollywood Unlocked with Yeah it's crazy here Hollywood on Locked with can his Owens on there, and she was like, well, why can't Rachel Dozel say that she's black if women can, if men can say that they're women, a woman like he was like, no, that's not the same thing. It is exactly the same thing, Right, I can be something because I feel like that's what I am. And then Jason he made a statement. I was so disgusted. He was like, I mean, I know some of the trans girl who even do it better than better than actual women? Do what better than actual women? Just look like a woman? That is what you think being a woman is. Y'all can never deal with half of this shit women deal with on a daily basis, Like we'd be walking around hemorrhaging and acting like ain't nothing going on, Okay, still doing all the things, taking care of kids, working, working out, just all the things. We still doing it hemorrhaging and an actual fucking pain all day all day. Yeah, I agree, But you think just doing away, going and sebilistic and address is doing it better than an actual woman. Listen, that's how you know women are the gods on the planet because these niggas literally.
Speaker 2: And that's hurtful to say. And I don't think people understand like what it really entails. And that's why they say stuff like that, because it's like talking to a fish and asking a fish what water is. They don't know because they in it. You know, like, you can't explain it to them, so I don't even try. All right, So did Melinda deserve more than just compensation?
Speaker 1: Okay? So once her husband once Robert like sold his invention, which didn't come until after she had left him, right, And that's what I'm saying. Sometimes you may have to leave people for them to reach their full potential for things to happen. It may not was it probably wasn't supposed to happen with them together in the first place. But they were trying to stay together, you know what I'm saying, while the whole time he's going through this transition, trying to figure out, trying to get somebody to buy into his invention and all that, and the minute they break up, it happens.
Speaker 2: But it's just the other woman to come along, That's what That's what's so crazy how it got worked sometime because it took this other woman who was already a part of this company to you know, give help him with the opportunity to even be seen because he stayed with Melinda, that probably would have never happened, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, it could have still had like it was happening when he was kind of with her. Did he did he did he meet the lady after Melinda left him? He already knew her. I think no, he ran into Was this not the bitch that was in the trailer?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, so look so now years later you run into your old thing and she's actually working at the place you was trying to get your foot in for all this time. That's what I'm saying, Like, sometimes the relationship, the relationships you were in, will shape your life. So it was a negative for Melinda, it was more of a positive for him. He used her, He used her youth, he used her life for us. He saw how crazy she started looking at the house. He put her house up for sale, her mama's house.
Speaker 2: She did that.
Speaker 1: She mortgaged the house. Yeah, she mortgaged the house. They were about to lose their home.
Speaker 2: They did lose it.
Speaker 1: They they ended up they ended up buying it back, or he ended up buying it back. And and once he got all the money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he bought it back for her. Yeah, they lose it.
Speaker 1: So she she literally gave her entire life to him. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: And then down Now, you can't say that that woman wouldn't do whatever for him. She did it all. She took she took care of him while he was trying to, you know, get his invention off.
Speaker 1: The because she believed in him.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So you have these men on these podcasts telling women, you know, stop dating for potential stuff like that the man has to do this. But then on the other hand, you're like, oh, y'all, y'all, y'all want somebody who's already together, like you just want to come in and kick your feet up. Like there's no right or wrong in any of these situations. But women are definitely damned if we do and damned if we don't. You picked wrong, y'all need to make better decisions. You did all that for the wrong nigga, It's not true, like you just never know.
Speaker 2: You never know, you never know because pet Poofs and really remind doing this was never on my bingo card. I always thought they were like, always be together and be quiet about the things that because there's no doubt in my mind that pet Poofs had other things going on, absolutely, but they were very respectful about it. What happened to the respect you know, saying.
Speaker 1: You don't remember when Jada Janat pinked and Will Smith was going through the whole Uh what does she call it an entanglement when they were going through that whole debacle, Like, there is no doubt in my mind that there was an outside entity, right that exposed all us. It wasn't them in their marriage. Jada didn't do it. Will didn't do it. Oh boy did it. What's his name? August August Asina. He put them on blast. He put the relationship with Jada Pikan on blast kind of right, So she was like hanging out with him, but that was her son's friend also, right, But when when Will Smith? When when the chick hit the fan? Right? I'm pretty sure through all these years of marriage, Will Smith has done things in that marriage. But what Jada didn't do is take it as an opportunity to disparage him. Once her ship was on the forefront, she took accountability for it. She didn't get online and say, well, this was during a time when you was fucking so so and so so. I needed attention then, and this is why this happened.
Speaker 2: She didn't do it.
Speaker 1: She just took her fucking l and she kept her mouth shut.
Speaker 2: And when I was raking her over the colds.
Speaker 1: Yes, and never once did she come out and say, well, y'all, Will Smith ain't fucking innocent, right, not one time? But I just want men to like, ain't no way in the in hell men think Will Smith is innocent and hadn't done anything. I think that for years they had this open relationship type situation that people thought existed. Wasn't sure, but maybe it was one of those like not don't ask on tail, but like or maybe ask before you do this bullshit. And she basically she led somebody in their relationship who had something, who didn't have nothing to lose. Basically, you gotta fuck with people who lost something to lose. Yeah, he was a fucking kid. So I think that's the difference between her bullshit and will Smith bullshit. Girl, why are you fucking on this child?
Speaker 2: Was Melinda a victim marvillain?
Speaker 1: I think she was both. I think she was both because I feel like after she knocked his trailer like earlier on, he should have never engaged with her ever again, Like that should have been it. You know, it's not. That's not really love. That is possession.
Speaker 2: Yeah you tried to murder me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, people, that's that's being very much possessive, right, so the signs were there earlier on that she was capable of some some real bullshit. And do y'all really want a woman that follows you blindly?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that means if somebody else comes along that talks a good game, she could be suited over there, if it sounds a little bit better. Y'all don't want somebody who just blindly follows people, right, They think that's what they want. They think they want a dumb bitch until you actually get one, and then you be on the phone complaining with the bitch with depth, right, talking shit about your wife or girlfriend with that person, Tiler, flip it over.
Speaker 2: That's what happened.
Speaker 1: So I do think she was she was made to be the villain in this movie because she was the one doing the most damage, right, acting the craziest. So she was the villain in the movie. But I feel like her husband, I probably would consider him a villain too. Why you depleted her life source?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: I don't understand everything she had?
Speaker 2: Why you wasn't working, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: What the fuck?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Who and nobody gets to just sit and chase their dreams like you got to do both? You could have been working at McDonald's someplace else. Like he literally was just fixated on this thing. And when you when you are fixated on a thing, it is bound to That is what makes things happen. It's consistency, right, it's doing it every fucking day, not knowing the outcome. It will eventually happen, but it could be twenty years, right, you see what I'm saying. It could take a very long time for things to come to fruition. And she's stuck in there the entire time, and he's take He's.
Speaker 2: In her ear too. She had her sisters in her ear like telling her, you know, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it didn't make sense to anybody. How does this make sense to anybody?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I get it. But then when he was all bossed up, everybody was looking stupid, you know.
Speaker 1: But it took him how many years to get bossed up? Twenty years? That is excessive. So he should he at some point he should have like, hey, I need to help my family, I need to help my wife. Let me take Let me not do this all day long and go work. This is the equivalent to a nigga playing PlayStation all day long while you're working. And he got your car, and shit, it's the same thing. Yeah, it's better, right because he has an actual invention, he has an actual vision, he's driven, he has purpose.
Speaker 2: And he's smart. You know, like this is something that could really work, but it.
Speaker 1: Took too fucking long. Yeah that is like she should have never stuck in there that long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you can work on that after work, after work. Yeah, it's all the after work time to that. But you're gonna have to help around here. I can't just do it by myself.
Speaker 1: And I know it's a movie, but listen, you got niggas who be spending a girlfriend's tax return on studio time and she over there in the corner cheering them on, you know what I'm saying, and he's ever what s y'all mean? Little phrase was in his first book. Uh, fuck your dreams. That might be somebody else's dream. Okay, it may never work for you. Fuck your dreams. You gotta be realistic sometimes something like that. Listen, you have to be realistic, except but you also have to be delusional about your dream though. Yeah, not on somebody else's dying. He would have never been able to do any of those things if she didn't exist if he was sitting there in.
Speaker 2: A house, that he delusion, delusional about your dream on somebody else's dying, by all means do it?
Speaker 1: No, that that's abuse. What the hell by all means doing?
Speaker 2: Listen, in business, they say don't use your own money, use somebody else's all the time.
Speaker 1: You and your we're talking about a husband and wife, tammy, Okay, we're not talking about going to bank for a loan. Okay, these motherfuckers was about to be popers. That's how much he drained her because he didn't have any money to do these things. I know these people in real life. This is why I sound like this right now. I'm the fucking lutley who be going very close okay, who'll be going through. And I want her to get a new husband. She should have been had a new husband.
Speaker 2: Rap.
Speaker 1: No, he don't wrap, but he can't keep a goddamn job. And you always funding and finance in his fucking dreams. Yes, I know these people, and she she hasn't reached her full potential because that energy has been in her life for twenty years. I feel like she should be way further. She's fucking she's an intellectual, she's really really smart. But this is the dumbest part of her life.
Speaker 2: Love, you know what I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying, Like, No, this is not like going to a bank. This is in your household. You don't use somebody. You don't use people, and people are meant to be used.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: If you can't be used, you're just a fucking as You're just a liability. He was a fucking liability. She couldn't use him.
Speaker 2: I think you should use each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she wasn't getting nothing out of it, right, yeah at that time. Okay, so now, yeah, you got all the money. He wrote her a big check to pay for all the things that was I now, y'all not together, your shit blew up? You give her the check, understandable, right. That wasn't enough for her because she still loved him. She wanted her man to and the good life.
Speaker 2: Now you get to be like, oh, yeah, this emotional investment that wasn't paid on. Yes, that's really what it was. It was no money that could have satisfied how she felt because it was the emotional investment that was missing for her.
Speaker 1: And this is why I always say I'm okay with giving a a woman a refurbished man, Right, because maybe you're not meant to do the things with me, And I'm okay with that, right, So you're gonna go on. You're gonna learn from this relationship and you're gonna be a better man to the next woman. If you keep saying, oh, now, if you keep thinking about what that person is gonna do, they're gonna do better now and with somebody else. If you keep thinking of wanting to return on your investment, you're gonna be disappointed all the time. You're gonna be like Melinda. So you gotta be okay with leaving somebody when things are right aren't right with y'all together?
Speaker 2: And you can't give so much of yourself that you have resentment to this level exactly.
Speaker 1: We talked about this the other day, Like, yeah, like, don't do don't do anything if it's not from the heart, you know, and don't do if you expect return.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even if it is from the heart, don't overextend yourself to the point where you feel this inful because it can happen. It can happen, and you look up and you've given a man your best years and he go off to be happy with somebody else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you gotta be okay with that possibility. Don't stay in a relationship because you're you feel like, man, if we break up, what's she going to go do better with somebody else? You gotta be okay with that, Go get better with somebody else. Do it too exactly, So you're thinking a little bit too little of yourself if you think that you can't get into another relationship where things are better for you as well.
Speaker 2: So was that in an innocent party or a homewrecker? I believe she was an innocent party, you know what I'm saying. She had the tools that he needed and if you're my friend, why wouldn't I help you? And that home was already read by the time they started, you know, exactly in a romantic way. That home was already broken.
Speaker 1: And he didn't want to break up. He didn't want to break out with Melnda. He wasn't really trying to leave her. So that's what that's the part where he's a villain because he was using her, right he he doesn't. He may not see it that way, and people watching the movie may not see it that way. He definitely used the hell out of his wife, and she allowed him to use her because he because she believed in him.
Speaker 2: But that's why he tried to wrote her check for like what, ten million dollars. He bought her house back. You know, he tried to make amends for all the years of abuse, you know, financial abuse. He tried to make amends for that, but there was no amends to be made because what she wanted didn't have a dollar amount on it. He wanted the life that was promised to her. She wanted to house him by, she wanted the boat, and he gave all this to this other woman and the baby that she could never have. That girl was in the courtroom chastising her, rubbing her belly, looking at her baby. I know that pissed, and that would have pisce anybody off right, because she knows she can't mother a child. And this is the same woman that you cheated on me with and had me go to. Now she had to take account of what she did because you can't have a baby because you drive, like anybody who drive a car into a building.
Speaker 1: A baby. You need therapy, y'all. Somebody I remember somebody had commented on Instagram. I just started thinking about just now, when you were talking about the girl rubbing the belly. Somebody had commented it was like AJ seemed like she got built up or bent up, anger or something inside. I really don't. But let me tell y'all how people be fucking with me? Right because I know who I am and they can't, so they really try real hard to fuck with me. Don't y'all know? My ex sent me a picture of him he delivered his child after we broke up. Right, He had a baby, got somebody pregnant, had another baby, third baby, third baby, Mama nigga. He was not the prize. He sent me a picture delivering this baby at the house. He sent me a picture of this baby straight out the pussy, like the girl's foot amiotic fluid was on the floor. The girl's foot was in the picture. But you sent my mom on the regularized picture with the baby would close on and shit like that, like what the fuck? Like that type of ship will make you kill.
Speaker 2: A nigga's because he knew how you wanted to be.
Speaker 1: It's not And you know, I still I realize now that things aren't supposed to happen because you're not. You're not in a situation you're supposed to be in for it to fucking happen, right, So I was never supposed to have his child. It wasn't that I wanted a child so bad. It's my subconscious mind not allowing it to happen because I wasn't where I was supposed to be at, right, That's all it is. We determine when we're gonna have kids for real, and women do have to be comfortable to conceive and I wasn't. But the nerve of you, son of a bitch send me that fucking picture with that, I just couldn't believe it. This ship was fucking funny as it held to me. But this you and I went through the fucking fire with a nigga, and this is how it will repay you, because why you think I want to see that? And then I had to also think like maybe he didn't even think about it like that, you know what I'm saying. But then I just knowing his uh, like the routine bullshit from him. He definitely did that on purpose.
Speaker 2: Yeah he did, and that was hurtful. Weird, Oh shit, that was hurtful. Yeah, that's how people be fucking me. So it's not bent up anger because I talk about my shit bitch. So it's not something that's like settling inside. But imagine that for a second.
Speaker 1: The fuck anyway?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I couldn't be like, so you don't feel like you're angry.
Speaker 1: No, No, I am just I am fucking strict. I'm very stern. I don't play about me. So that's probably how it comes out to people, because you cannot play with me. That's all it is. I am not a fucking nice person. I am good. I go above and beyond for people, and I just be wanting that same thing in return. But realize in that, you know, everybody just isn't like that. It's okay, So but I'm gonna defend me every time.
Speaker 2: So a question overall? Do you think men are good?
Speaker 1: Overall?
Speaker 2: I think an audience to know, like where you're standing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think a lot of men. I think a lot of men lack integrity, right, I think a lot of men they lie a lot. And it's not just me. I think most women feel the same way.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Men will not tell you the truth. They will put your life in their hands and make decisions for you, as opposed to telling you the truth and give you all the information. So you're making an informed decision about what you want for your life. So that's really all it is. A lot of most men lack integrity. Yes, I saw this post on Instagram recently, and this guy was like, if I tell you this, I'm not gonna get the pussy. Like, if you tell you don't know that though you know what I'm saying. So they don't even want to run the risk of you not fucking with them. So from day one, they just met you. At one, they'll start with lies. That is somebody who lacks integrity. Yeah, you're just lying for no reason. I'm a stranger. Tell me the truth and let me decide whether or not I want to fuck with you or not. Tell me you married, Tell me you got a baby on the way, Tell me all you want is pussy, Tell me that.
Speaker 2: I might just want to fuck.
Speaker 1: I might not want nothing either.
Speaker 2: I don't think most men like integrity.
Speaker 1: When it comes to relationships with women.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think that. I think most of the men we've dated, I think there are good men out there. I think they're just not available to us anymore. I think they're don't just say men we dated, Let's talk about our dads, Okay, I hate to generalize all men negative connotation and be like, oh, because I didn't, I didn't.
Speaker 1: I said most. I didn't say all. I did say most, though.
Speaker 2: Because I hate whomen do that to us and be like, most women are gold diggers? Are most women we should be?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm not offended by that women should be gold diggers. It is our job to make sure we pick the best suitable mates to procreate with. Okay, and if we actually did that, a lot of niggas would die having never had sex, if we actually did the primal thing right and picked the best person to have to have a family with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I agree, But I think a gold digger is something different, you know. I don't think because that that that's not just about money. That's as about emotional intelligence, integrity, like spirituality and all those things in conface, A good mate is not just finances, whereas a gold digger is a woman who's looking for the man with the most money. You know. So, I, you know, I don't believe that to be true. Not all women are gold diggers. Now, do they want a man who can provide and be a good mate and a good father, Yes, Why wouldn't you want that? No, I don't want to know who wants somebody who they got to drag along like another child. Nobody wants that, So go digging different.
Speaker 1: I think everything is necessary. Right. Women who only date men for money, I'm pretty sure that at some point they were dating for love to right, and they realize that because men want to dig your pussy? Why you can't dig the gold? Okay, why can't I? But it's a man more than this pussy? Am I tripping?
Speaker 2: Y'all?
Speaker 1: Oh? You think they reduce us to cooking, cleaning and fucking? What are you talking about? That is what we're like, Supposedly, that's all we're good for. I just told somebody last week, like, women have an innate thing about them that you can't even see or touch, but you only can feel. Right, and if you are not a man with purpose, right, you're gonna be you're looking you don't realize that this woman that you're taking care of, who have buried your children? Right, there's two different type of men in the world. It's either one who wants to take care of like a man who feeds his ego based on how many people he can take care of and then the other man is how many bitches he can fuck? All right, those are the two types of men that we're dealing with. I prefer, you know, men who like to take care of people who go above and beyond for.
Speaker 2: Their family out there, that are healed, healthy, looking for a partner to grow with, build generational wealth with, start a family with.
Speaker 1: They may feel just like us right now, and.
Speaker 2: It's not just based on fucking cooking and what else she.
Speaker 1: Said, and sucking dick and cleaning.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Yes, there are some men, right, but they may they may have given the best in themselves to the gold diggers, to whoever else. So it's gonna be hard for us to meet them, you know, you know what I'm saying, because they probably feeling like us. Shit, I do better by myself, right, I don't need a man. I don't need a woman for this.
Speaker 2: I don't need y'all.
Speaker 1: I don't need y'all. It's it's it's it's probably given that for those men, they probably in the house like me, in the house, trying trying to get their portfolios together, right, trying to diversify their portfolio, like really working on their lives. Because women come with the money first of all. So I would suggest all men just just focus on the money for real, just focus on getting the bag, so then you could get you can attract the partner you want.
Speaker 2: But it may be.
Speaker 1: That's the problem. They like the women who only because that you would. I think a lot of modern women because I have a different, different definition of modern women. I think a lot of modern women we take men's jobs away. The man's job is to provide. But when you acting like you the nigga with money, then you complain, you get somebody who's a taker. You end up with this nigga who needs your money, who needs your time, who needs your energy.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like the nigga wo't the money me either. I'm always the damsel.
Speaker 1: And see it's tough for me to be the damsel in distress, right because I won't act like the nigga with the money. But I probably have an ore about myself that I'm gonna be okay without you, you know what I'm saying, Like I don't.
Speaker 2: Really know, Like I make these niggas feel like I need.
Speaker 1: I need you, and that's how men have to feel like they Yeah, but then everybody gets burnt out right. So imagine a man who's been taking care of his family for fifteen years, and he's the prime decision maker, right, Your wife doesn't make any decisions. It's probably because you're a control free right. You pick this type of woman because you want to be in control of everybody in your household. So that's something that man has to work through. But you can't have resentment towards her for not using her brain much. That's the type of woman you want it, right you? And I think often somebody you got to take care of.
Speaker 2: These women, don't They do have brains, but you have, You have made it to a place where she hasn't had to use it, you know, so.
Speaker 1: Right, and then he go when he when he gets to a certain place, he might leave you. You ain't stacked none of his money.
Speaker 2: But let me tell you, let me let me recant that, because any woman who's in there raising your children has to use her brain a lot, a lot, So she may not be using it toward business and things like that and more money. Well, when it comes to raising these children, it is a job in itself. Yeah, And I feel like if you are that woman in that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like if you are a man with means, a man of integrity, you realize the that innate like the value that a woman actually brings, like Mama's come with a loaf of bread. You get the right woman, your whole life elevates. You get married, you have a fucking We can use Charlemagne as a private prime example. I met Jessica and Charlemagne at the same time. All right, I'm seventeen, however old they are, like Jessica's low bit older than me. Charlemagne is older both of us, but I'm at them at the same time when he was just working at radio station part time type shit. Right, it is her energy and you know people won't see that though. Right, It is her energy that got him to where he is, and he knows that as a man. And that's why Charlamagne always surround himself with women, because that's what some successful men do. It is just something like, you're not gonna have to worry about the cockfights because kings are born, right, you can't really like you can beat apprenticeship underneath another king to get your king position, right, That's what a smart man would do. But a lot of these niggas want to be the fucking chief they won. They don't want to be the Indian. And that's what we're missing in our community. Men learning from actual other men so that they can then be in position. These niggas just want to take somebody else's position because they think they deserve it. Right, you don't know what this person had to go through to get there. You don't know who else made sacrifices for this person to get to where they're going. Also, so it is the energy of the woman that enables the man to do the things, to go out and get the bread, right to bring it back home. It's the energy of his family. No one, he has his purpose. I gotta take care of these people. This is my responsibility. They're gonna do it. But when they they were somebody to take care of them.
Speaker 2: The thing, that's what it says in the Bible. You know a woman would beat you as a man. I agree, these they don't.
Speaker 1: These men don't realize it though we're not this this life is based off of double occupancy. None of us should be trying to do it ourselves. Y'all should see that based on the fucking economy, no one person should be trying to afford their lives by theirselves. Like, yes, women have been forced to do that though now because it's easier than to be with the second person, having then struggle with them because oftentimes we're taking other people into consideration before we take ourselves.
Speaker 2: And then you know, you get dragged Big MoMA and then they didn't really have a lot of choice, you know, they had to be with someone because they couldn't afford to do it by themselves. It wasn't like the opportunities that we have now, because I don't you know, do we think that Big Mama would have wanted to stay with Granddaddy if she could could go out on her own and do it.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. But I don't believe every Big Mama's story is the same because there were some real good men back then, right who didn't have multiple families.
Speaker 2: There's good men now. Yeah, I don't want to like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they they definitely exist. I know some. I've ran into some, right, and then I just didn't like them and ended up somewhere I wasn't supposed to fucking be because it was funner over there. This nigga was strict over here, you know what I'm saying. So I definitely know good men exist. I'm not saying they don't exist. And I'm also not gonna say I've never dated a good man, because I have. I think if you are a woman who say all niggas ain't shit, chances are you ain't shit either, Right, That's not what I'm saying, okay, because I am shit. But I do believe again, a lot of men do lack integrity, right, even the good ones, even self proclaimgas I just.
Speaker 2: I agree, But I don't think it's just men. I think it's just people. You know, people lack integrity, People need therapy, people need to work on themselves.
Speaker 1: And who'll be working on themselves the most so we can put so we can show up as our higher selves to people.
Speaker 2: I think we do. I think women, you know, are definitely actively trying to be better versions of theirselves. But I feel like men are too, you know, we just may be doing it faster. I don't think. I mean it's some men that's just out here, ain't shit and don't care, you know, and they're just gonna die, ain't shit. But I think it's uh, you know, there's men out here who are not proud of their past and trying to be better versions of their self actively every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, leave that, nigga. Let me tell y'all, men learn from hurt, Men learn from consequence consequences. Men learn from pain. I'm telling y'all what I fucking know, right, so he will remember the hurt.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Nobody likes to be left, especially a narc. Okay, you just call Ice cold a ass. They're going to be a good man to the next bitch, Savannah, Meg, it just wasn't supposed to be for you. And then you can get somebody else's a furbished nigga. Okay, and then while I you got a husband, it's got to be open.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: I would never be Melinda, and I won't say that. My last relationship, we were starting businesses and stuff like that together. I haven't gotten a return on any investment. Okay. The last conversation I had with this food we was arguing about the food truck. Shit, this last conversation, I didn't get my return on the investment. You got the food truck. I'm just saying, you can't have the name, you can't have the company, you can't have the trademark. I'll sell it to you. I'll license it to you. But do you think I'm not supposed to get anything? You came up, you wanted to do this thing right, and I made the initial investment, so I kicked it off.
Speaker 2: So do you think trust?
Speaker 1: No, I don't. I just want my fair share. I wish we could have been I wish we could have been, like still in a position where we could do business together and not be together. But he's not that type of person. I definitely wish we could have done that, but I wouldn't have been able to be in a new relationship and having to deal with him on a daily basis now other way around. I don't care who you wit. Let's get this fucking money. I wish I had we could have done that, but no, and there's no resentment towards it. But you ain't about to play me. You're not about to play me. So, yeah, I need mine, I need my money, honey.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not mad at that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can give me my money back. You know, you don't even have to give me interest. You just give me back what I put in and I'll be okay with it. But no, you're not just about to get everything, and you're sending me foots and amniotic fluid pictures with fucking umbilical cords still attached.
Speaker 2: Hurtful. That was heurtful to send you, And I bet you in his mind he wasn't trying to be hurtful to you. I think he was trying to celebrate.
Speaker 1: Possibly possibly right, But I don't.
Speaker 2: Think people sometimes don't understand how even their joy can be hurtful to you, you know, especially if you had been in a relationship and knowing that motherhood was something that I wanted, you know, So I hate that. I don't like that. I don't like nothing about what happened uh with that relationship for you. And I do hope that the next relationship or the current is the one that gives you, not the next or the current gives you everything that you've always wanted.
Speaker 1: Your I'm always going to get what I want. I just have to. I think what women need to do, and this is not just for me. Right, we need to trust ourselves. Talked about the clitical thinking last week. We need to trust ourselves more, right, and stop and stop using because the men like to say they're more logical, Right, we need to try to be more logical and actually you got to do both right, so that innate thing and then do like a data assessment what is actually happening right right, and make your decisions based off of that and not just pure heart and emotion.
Speaker 2: Right, Because you look up and you Melinda.
Speaker 1: Exactly. You don't want to be Melinda. You don't want to be like crashing out like she did. I was thinking she survived. I don't know, she did get shot and went into the ocean.
Speaker 2: It's hard to survive that. But crazy people live a long time.
Speaker 1: Evil lives long.
Speaker 2: Crazy too crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So one of the things here that say was Robert a dream of manipulator. He was both Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: He's a thing.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 2: I wasn't mad at either character because I don't think he meant to be that, you know, a user. I don't think that was his intention. He was just focused on his own dream. I don't think. Uh, but Linda wanted She just wanted to love her husband down and wanted to be loved back, and she had mental health issues where she couldn't handle her anger. I don't think either one of them was like intentional villains.
Speaker 1: You know, he had no room for error though in that relationship. Aside from like, as long as she knew he was there working on that thing, that Nigga had no room for anything else, no errors, She probably would have killed him. She tried to kill him again, he probably would have killed him again. So yeah, story, I would love to see an acrimony too. What's your last?
Speaker 2: Last?
Speaker 1: For this? For the movie?
Speaker 2: No, just for the conversation itself, because this is more than the movie, right, I tell mine, why are you thinking of yours?
Speaker 1: I guess it would be yeah, go ahead, go ahead. I think it.
Speaker 2: Always circles back to keep your regrets to a minimum. Y'all your regrets to a minimum. Try to make the best choices for your life, and then consider others as you go. You know, you can't be too selfish. It's all about balance. Can't be too selfish, but you also need to be a bit selfish. It has to be like that middle ground or you could end up resentful and wasting your time and it just love yourself on purpose and others. So all I got.
Speaker 1: So I just feel like she gave him everything, her money, her time, her youth, all the things.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So, I think what women often are looking for is reciprocity, give and take and no relationship, maybe in a romantic relationship or even with your friends or family. There should not You should not always be somebody that someone calls to take from. Right, people should also be doing for you. And that's where you know you don't end up with resentment because I guess I want to pose a question to the listeners. If you invest in someone's potential and they finally win big, what do they owe you? What do you feel is just do? What do you feel like? How do you what do you feel about the check? Is it big enough?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What would you require to be okay? After you've given your entire life to somebody else? Because she gave her mental health, this is what she's never she would if she lived, she was never going to be able to go and be with somebody else. This had her fucked up?
Speaker 2: Why though, That's the thing because.
Speaker 1: That in her mind, that was her person, That is who I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with in her mind. But I guess it had conditions also, right.
Speaker 2: I don't think you should ever be that attached to anybody in this life.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. I I purposely practice detachment.
Speaker 2: Just you know you got because you are going up out of here by yourself. I don't give a damn who you. You know, you got to leave here by yourself. So it's okay to love, but the greatest love is to love yourself, God itself, because you you can't take nobody with you. Nope, So I don't know. And if you are dad attached to someone, then you need to go to therapy and see how to untether in that way. That's not healthy, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, y'all, we gotta start making these. Maybe we'll start doing the movie episodes for like Patreon. We can't just keep doing movie reviews for episodes, y'all. I like it too, I mean because it opens up dialogue for other conversations, right, not just the movie, like how would you do it? Who's tripping? Anyway? So if y'all enjoyed this episode, y'all tune in every Thursday on The Black Effect. iHeartRadio Apple, wherever the fuck you get your podcast dot. This is your co host AJ Holiday on the Ones and TUESA two point on Instagram. Okay, kick a tam.
Speaker 2: Y'all, it's official, Tam bam. I love y'all own purpose. I want you to love your cell phone purpose and always channel the energy of Cardi b Casu, Doal, Taylor, Anderiod.
Speaker 1: Move on, yes, all right, remember it now and never hold them niggas. Girl it up out of asked net. Bye bye,