Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Boys.
Speaker 1: This is Girls Talk, Boys Talk, presented by Invisi Line, trusted by over five hundred NFL players for their winning smiles, and broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your host, Nicole Hutchison.
Speaker 3: What Up, Cowboys Nation, Happy Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Welcome into Girls Talk, Boys Talk, presented by invis Line.
Speaker 3: Here in the s to BBC studio.
Speaker 4: I'm Nicole Hutchinson alongside Ayisha Morrison and Christie Scales in the studio with me today.
Speaker 5: How y'all doing all right? Good?
Speaker 6: Good good?
Speaker 3: That's it great? That's it.
Speaker 7: Two game win streak. Let's go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, y'all sound did you know what got?
Speaker 3: God?
Speaker 5: It's a lot more, it's a lot It's not as bad coming through the record, and then when you actually scream it at it really Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just feel like y'all need some energy, you know, I'm here to bring it.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna bring.
Speaker 5: It all for you guys.
Speaker 4: But first we're gonna run through this update on the injuries that Mike McCarthy gave us yesterday, just to real fast because the players are off today, so of course no practice. Wanya Thomas he had the meniscus issue from the game against the Giants, so he'll be out for two to three weeks. Ceedee Lamb Mike McCarthy said that he will be assessed on Wednesday. Josh Butler, of course is done for the season with an ACL injury.
Speaker 5: He will need surgery.
Speaker 4: Tyler Guiden of course suffering the high ankle spraying against the Giants, and you remember he was nursing the shoulder injury.
Speaker 8: From previous weeks.
Speaker 4: He will be with the rehab group per Mike McCarthy. Zach Martin will get some work in with the rehab group on Wednesday. Trayvon Diggs mich McCarthy's hopeful that he will be getting in some work this week.
Speaker 8: And Jake Ferguson.
Speaker 4: Michaeccarthy is very optimistic that he is close to be coming back. In DeMarcus Lawrence, he said that he has to hit another threshold before he comes back per Mike McCarthy as well.
Speaker 5: But let's talk about Josh Butler.
Speaker 4: Him coming off of the couple of games that he had and then to see his season come to an end like that just what kind of a hit is this to the secondary?
Speaker 5: Yeah, at this point, I feel like you've gone through so much that it's like you just, I don't know, we just kind of roll with the punches into the end of the year. I mean, it's just unfortunately the position group that has just gotten hit when you talk about the defensive line and then the secondary. But I think it is again just another opportunity for Like we saw Josh Butler step up, they were rotating he and Israel mccuamo out, So I would assume that maybe well, actually no, depending on what happens with Diggs, we don't know, but I do think we would see Israel mcwuamoll step up and be able to play in that position and talked about it is like with the season where it is, you know, these guys are playing for you know, they're playing for their lives like they are like they're playing for you know, obviously for the team, but they're also playing to make sure like that they're putting a good film on a tape on a film out there. So for me, it's just like I'm really hurting for Josh Butler. I really simply empathized with him because we got to see like that he got a shot, you know, and he performed well and I'm sure he's probably he's proud of that, but to see it happened that way was very disheartening. So wishing him a well recovery.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you knew that it was bad just from the sideline perspective, the way that he grasped for that knee right away, and it was you knew it wasn't going to be good. And you know, we talk about corners, but safety as well, you know Marquis Spell and now juan Ye Thomas, so the depth there is an issue as well. But it would be interesting to see over Warrior he'll be able to start working back, you know, maybe a couple more weeks before maybe you can see him get a couple of games at the end of the season and kind of see him later in the year, you know what you have with him moving forward. And then Hall right, he's already been elevated a couple times, so he'll probably be added to the fifty three man roster once you have that opening once once Josh is put on the IR and then and it was really interesting on Thursday because Andrew Booth, who had started a game earlier in the year and then basically lost his job. He had gotten benched in the second half of the game and then didn't really see the field after that. He was actually elevated from the practice squad and yet declared inactive for the game, so they wasted one of his practice squad elevations. But you wonder if he may be added to the fifty three man roster as well.
Speaker 5: You think that he's he should be a to the fifty three mint roaster.
Speaker 7: Not before Hall.
Speaker 9: The other thing is Hall has well I guess they both in a pinch. Hall played inside in the slot, particularly in the preseason, and so what I imagine that you would have if Digs is not back, your starters would be Bland and Lewis on the outside, and then when you go into a nickel situation, then Mukuamu would would come in in that situation. So we'll see and Hall would be the backup.
Speaker 4: It sucks because you really haven't seen a true like outside cornerback Tandeon just yet for this team.
Speaker 9: No, and that's what's going to be one of the strengths coming in for the season. You know, two real ballhawks there, and you know we talk about how it's been deficient in terms of the takeaways this year, Well you haven't. You didn't have Bland until the last couple of games, and then you didn't have him with digs and digs as miss time as well. So and you haven't had a pass rush to help with the uh you know, with the errant throws that those ballhawks can pick up. So it's a real domino effect for sure.
Speaker 5: For sure.
Speaker 4: And going back to Josh Butler, I'm looking at his contract situation too.
Speaker 5: I believe it ends.
Speaker 4: In twenty twenty six if I'm reading this correctly. So, and you always think about like the year that they come back, so be next year around this time. Pretty much, it sucks and it's unfortunate for him just because like he really won't have much time to really show what he can do. Granted, you saw what he can do the last couple of games, but you haven't you won't really get a true, a bigger sample size of what he's capable of.
Speaker 5: So I do feel for Josh Butler.
Speaker 4: But moving on to the offensive side of the ball and absence of Tyler Guiden going down in the first quarter against the Giants, Jim maydoga stepping in and aside from that penalty, did.
Speaker 3: Y'all like what y'all saw from Jimmaidoga? You gotta see a little bit more what y'all's thoughts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, he's a guy. He looked like a guy that hadn't played football in a while, But Truemandoga is a veteran. I'm not gonna lie to y'all. I think that what I've seen from him specifically in the run game is better at left guard, but he is a left tackle that can come in and fill in. I thought that they did some good things in the run game, and he is again he's a little clunky because he hasn't played football in a while. But other than that clunky, just defeat. Oh okay, you know, just defeat, like I feel like. And honestly, I felt like that was some of like his little tantrum he was having. Whatever he was doing is again like he's his body. He probably wants to do certain things, but he can't do them just shit, because there is conditioning and being an offensive lineman as well, right, And so I think that he is, you know, can use this time to kind of build what he has and with the absence of But I will say I'm not sure if Austin Richards, if Austin Richards was healthy, if that wouldn't be Awesome Richards out there, because I do feel like Awesome Richards shown showed you some things that like, We're like, Okay, this guy could possibly be your potential swing because he's a draft pick. He's not some guy that they just picked up, you know what I'm saying. And I know that they paid too many Doga, but what I think that they brought in Tuma to help with the transition for Awesome as he developed. So to me, I do think that Austoin Richards may have had the shot. But Tuma's out there right now and he seems to have a good feel for what they're doing in the run game. He's not bad against the past either.
Speaker 4: But do you feel like if well not if when Ausome gets healthy again, you feel like it'll just be a Tyler Guidon Awesome Richard's situation.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, we can't forget about it, and it was brought to my attention the other day. We can't forget about Nathan Thomas out of a Louisiana left tackle. I believe he was dealing with the foot. It wasn't plantar fasciata, it was something else. And this is a guy that you know, again another draft pick, a lower round draft pick. But I think that he when you go look at his tape, I think that he went as low as he did because of competition and man, because when you watch him play, you see a guy that can get active in the run game, can get out in space. You see a guy that has some nasty to him as well. Like at training camp, I didn't see him. I didn't see that much from him in training camp. But I do think that they thought he was a guy that could come in and help boost them physically in the run game. He also had no he had his senior year, he had no holds like this is also a clean player, So I feel like he has value. We just didn't get to see him. So I do think that those guys will maybe be what they're trying to develop into future.
Speaker 9: You know guys totally agree with that. Because Chimaduga was signed to a one year deal, so he's not signed after this year now. He was I think one of those bridge kind of guys. But but let me let me ask you, guys, if you know that Guiitan's gonna miss multiple weeks and you know you don't have awesome Richards and you know right now it's gonna be Tuma Adoga and then the backup is Matt will let's go because Nathan's not ready to come back. He's still on ir Do you leave Tyler Smith at left guard or do you kick him out to left tackle like you did against Detroit this week, m H for the next few weeks.
Speaker 5: I think I just you rolle with Tuma. I think you wrote with Chuma. Tuma is again. I think he is a left tackle in the NFL. Like, he's not gonna he's not super flash or anything, but he's gonna get the job done. He's not gonna get you killed, besides some of the communication things we've seen in the past, but other than that, Like he's he's gonna go play the position to the best of his ability. And he's a veteran and he has some savvy to him and that's just you respect that. And so to me, he's gonna get the shot because he is. He also too is the same. He's the safer option as well. Given this point, I Matt will let's go. I'm not sure.
Speaker 7: He's the swing.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure about in the slightest. So yeah, it's it's gonna be chimy dog, and you keep Tyler at left guard.
Speaker 4: To me, so you're asking if you should switch Tyler guid, I'm Tyler Smith and Chuma And.
Speaker 7: Do you entertain the deal?
Speaker 9: Do you entertain the notion of taking Tyler Smith and having him play left tackle and Tuma.
Speaker 7: Or I would say t J Bass play left guard.
Speaker 9: That's to win if you if you trying to and I'm trying to win.
Speaker 7: I'm trying to win.
Speaker 5: If you're trying to win, I'm not.
Speaker 9: Interested right now until you're mathematically eliminated. I'm not worried about developing right now. I'm trying to win.
Speaker 5: You better what Tyler Schmith guard? I was gonna go opposite.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, Tyler Smith, just hear me out, try it out.
Speaker 3: Why not not against the Bengals? Well, actually you could do it.
Speaker 7: Well, here's there's.
Speaker 9: The thing against the Bengals, because the Bengals have Trey Hendrickson, who is a fine, fine players rush, which is why.
Speaker 4: I'm saying you can switch Tyler Smith out left tackle. Have Tuma play left guard only because seeing Chuma adoga out on the island by himself, he's getting whooped his feet.
Speaker 8: His feet are slow.
Speaker 3: Like it's the feet.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you, it's the feet. His feet just don't move. And like in the run game, he's not. I don't feel like he's a little clunky, but I don't feel like it's like all terrible. But it's that passing game where his feet, like him getting out of his kick, it's just not there. And again to be expected, he hasn't played, but he also had a foot injury. Yes, so he has the plan.
Speaker 7: Dislocated toe, Yes.
Speaker 5: Like he has the plan, and like be comfortable with that. That's not something that you're just gonna be able to do right away.
Speaker 4: But then why not to take the easier not easier way out, but like to take less stress off of the foot having to do too much work, put him in a left guard.
Speaker 7: I think it'd be TJ.
Speaker 5: Bass, Yeah, it'll be TJ.
Speaker 10: Bas.
Speaker 5: I just think I think I think you could roll with I think you could. I think you keep Tyler Smith that guard. And I and I say that just because I understand that he has value as a flex player, and it's beautiful and it's dope, but I also think that, like he needs to be able to flourish at a specific position, and you know, like it is a totally different thing. And not only that, he is coming off of an injury. And to me, it's like when you're talking about kicking being on an island, Like you're talking about him switching from doing guard stuff to having to do that. I'm not sure if that's healthy for him. I'm talking about him. He's gonna do it because he's that type of worker, but I don't know. I feel like he deserves We've been flip flopping him all this time. And I know that you should be able. I know people want to be able to do that in their offensive line. But I'm like, let's think about his development as well. So it's gonna be chuning, y'all. And if it gets bad enough, like if Trey over are whooping people, then they I would assume they would make the switch. They would put TJ. Bass back at left guard, and they would kick Tyler if it gets rough like that. I think they do that. I'm not sure they do it as the starting game plan.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but she's like, I know, the thing is if you're even thinking about it, and it is Trey Hendrickson. Yeah, so this this is a tough matchup against this past rusher. Don't you want to give him the snaps in practice?
Speaker 7: Tyler?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Whoever is playing there.
Speaker 5: Quiet has kept they probably they might be already. They told us that they have told us that they do different rotations and things like that because stuff happens in game, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were doing it in the first place. But I do think to your point, Christy, I do think that it is a conversation I have about what's and how much you want to win.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: The other thing is you have an extra day of practice this week, basically with the Monday night game. So not only do you have the many by coming off the Thanksgiving day game, but you you essentially have an extra practice this week to acclimate someone to acclimate.
Speaker 7: I really don't know.
Speaker 9: And that's why I pose the question, but I'll just say it intrigues me.
Speaker 5: It does as well. Do you just talk about my football brand? Because I wouldn't think like that. I thought there's gone roll out there.
Speaker 7: You're probably right You're probably.
Speaker 9: Right, but I'm just kind of a noodle in here since we're being creative here.
Speaker 4: I actually listened into the break yesterday and I love the fact that they brought up this conversation because now I want to hear y'all's thoughts about brock Kaufman. You've seen what he's able to do at the right guard position filling in for Zach Martin. One of the questions that Derek Eagles and shout out to him our boss, he had posed the question of to get the success or to the lead to the Cowboys success for the rest of the season, do you roll with a healthy brock Kaufman or do you prefer injured Zach Martin?
Speaker 9: And let me let me just say that in the NFL, there's hurt and there's injured.
Speaker 7: Fact two different things.
Speaker 5: That's true.
Speaker 9: Injured you don't play hurt. Different degrees of hurt and a lot of it in the NFL is pain tolerance. And if Zach Martin is healthy enough to play, he plays.
Speaker 7: That's that's my thought on it. But but you also don't.
Speaker 9: Need to rush him back, absolutely, and he knows his body better than anybody else. And I think that he you know, he whether he's going to play beyond these this year or not. Probably not. I don't know for sure one way or the other. But I know that if he's healthy enough to play, he wants to play.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but what do you think? Yeah? But yeah, but no, no, no, there's no But I just again, this is one of those delicate things in football where this is a tenured, proven, honorable player, hall of famer that you want to respect and you want and he I'm sure wants to whether it's finishing his career or not, finish with respect, and unfortunately he has got hit with the injury bug. I'm always gonna say, you go with the healthy player, because it's just you could see it, and even in his movements and some of the things he was doing. Now, if he feels better, if he feels better, if he's if he's hurt, absolutely, if he's injured, you go with the healthier player, because again, his life is going to continue after football. These gentlemen finished these careers young, very true, so you don't want to and it's a tough thing, like I'm sure like he don't. He probably want to be out there. I'm sure he does, but at the same time, it's one of those things where it's like, hey, he got kiddos, he got other stuff going on. Like, if he is gonna be making that transition, you want him to do that healthily and that transition to be smooth for him, and it not be because he further injured himself because it's so cool to be gritty make Gritzter's no, Like, this is a human being. So however they decide to do it, I'll be respectful of it. But I definitely think that brock Hoffman right now being healthy is the better option. If he is.
Speaker 3: And this is again no slack to Zach Martin.
Speaker 4: This is a nine time Pro Bowl or future Hall of Famer, Like Christy said, I mean, he's had a lot of success with the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: But I do agree with you.
Speaker 4: Just rolling with Brack Coffin for now, just because you don't want to rush him back and that's just something that you just don't want to do. All Right, We're going to take our first break here on Girls Talk, Boys Talk Up. Next, we're going to break down some Cowboys Bengals matchup that's going to take place on.
Speaker 5: Monday Night Football. We be here at Baglimore Girls, dog Boys Stop.
Speaker 10: Hey y'all.
Speaker 11: Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gearing enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Discover Aiden, the official luggage partner of the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. Known for top tier engineering and craftsmanship, Aiden offers more than just bags. Originating from Australia and designed in New York. Emerges fashion, design, and culture used by Dallas Cowboys player's staff and the entire organization. Aiden provides style and functionality for all travelers. Visit aidendebrand dot com and use code aidenex Cowboys for twenty five percent off your purchase. Travel like your favorite stars with aiden.
Speaker 10: When you're on the field, you know what it takes to lead your team and play with confidence. But that confidence shouldn't just stop at game time. It should follow you off the field too. Join over five hundred NFL players who trust in Visiligned, the number one doctor recommended clear a liner brand. Ready to take the first step towards a smile you'll love, Visit in Visiligne dot com, slash NFL and find a doctor near you today. Transform your smile and take your confidence to the next level, both on the field.
Speaker 8: And off Cowboys fans.
Speaker 2: When it comes to navigating the ever changing world tax, your business needs a partner it can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges. Ryan is the largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business taxes.
Speaker 8: Our team of tax professionals has local.
Speaker 2: Expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting Ryan dot com. Ryan, the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Tis the season for youth football and dance camps presented by in VISI Line. Don't miss your chance to learn from the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders at dance camps on December twenty seventh and former NFL players at football camps on December twenty third and twenty seventh. Celebrate the holidays with the Cowboys. Register today at Dallascowboys dot com, slash camps.
Speaker 4: And register today. I remember Disney Channel, the low then down down register.
Speaker 5: That was my thing.
Speaker 8: I need to go all right.
Speaker 3: Cowboys helps the Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: Bengals in a Monday night football match up. The Cowboys lead the overall series ten to four against the Bengals. I'm gonna go to you Christy first, because it is Christie's classroom. For a second, one, what do you remember about the first and only time the Cowboys have played Joe Burrow?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I remember.
Speaker 9: It was early in the season and the one of the punts hit the scoreboard, the overhead digital board, and the officials didn't see it, So I don't you know, you just remember crazy things like that. But the other thing is the only time that the Cowboys have played Joe Burrow, the opposing quarterback was Cooper Rush. Because this was the game where Dak had gotten hurt in the season opener, and Cooper Rush had to come in and the Cowboys actually won the game. Brett Maher kicked a fifty yard field goal as time expired, and the Cooper Rush led Cowboys beat Joe Burrow twenty to seventeen. And that was a big game for Noah Brown. That was kind of his coming out party. He had a touchdown catch, He had a big catch in the fourth quarter. What had happened was the Bengals had rallied in midway through the fourth quarter. They scored a touchdown and then a two point conversion to tie it up, and then the Cowboys had the ball late and Cooper Rush led him down close enough for ma Her to kick the game winner. So yeah, it was really great because that was the year where Cooper Rush went what four and one filling in for Dak. So everyone was so excited. It's like, oh, maybe the season isn't over with Dak being out and missing several weeks. The other thing was the Bengals were coming off They had gone to the Super Bowl the year before, so they were the defending AFC champs. The other the other thing that really stood out in my mind is Joe Burrow. There were so many people down on the field before the game, and instead of watching the Cowboys warming up, everyone was focused on Joe Burrow, the star power that that kid has, and so many people wearing purple because every LSU fan in you know, the tri state area was there, and I think that there are gonna there's gonna be a lot of purple and the stands on Monday as well, people who are big Joe Burrow fans. But just it was electric around him. And we're kind of immune to it because back in the days of the Triplets or even with Romo, or when t O or Dez would be out there and certainly Zeke and Dak, you know, you're used to all that focus being on these Cowboys players. But for it to be on somebody else and just the the cool Joe you know, oh man, oh they do and and it really won't say it shocked me, but just the the charis, the excitement, you could really feel it.
Speaker 4: I covered him in LSU when they won the national championship that year in twenty nineteen, and let me tell you, the people in LSU absolutely.
Speaker 5: Well he was awesome him. Hete he's phenomenal, the weapons on that team. It was about him, but also to I mean, the man the guys says the chase come on that team was unfair. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: That's the perfect way to use if you were to describe that team. But no, you look at the Bengals right now, four and eight, fresh off their sixth loss, allowing twenty five points or more, the Cowboys walking in as six point underdogs at home. Even despite winning their first game at home.
Speaker 3: Against the Giants. The Bengals have.
Speaker 4: Lost three straight by total of fourteen points. They've also scored ninety nine points.
Speaker 5: In their losses. They're very confounding.
Speaker 4: Bengals are not a reflection of their record at all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, their offense isn't. Their offense is explosive and unpredict the ball in a sense. I was looking at them briefly last night. Sorry, oh no, no, no, I'm just kinda no, no, no, no, yet, we're not doing no Zach Taylor. Their OC is very creative and how he sets up the run to you know, to open up the pass and vice versa, and just the usage of his different players. I was just looking at some of their fronts, how they run the ball and the creativity and that where he really gets you looking one way and it's not super misdirectionally like a whole bunch of motion at the line of scrimmage. It's a no, like it looks like we're going to have we're gonna zone block right here, but we're really about to come around the outside and down like it's it's And I think that Eric Kendricks is a guy you know that will be able to read this stuff. But they really sell their fakes too. If you watch them, like their fakes are legit, where they you really think they running back. It was a couple of times I was like, dang, why did he tackle? Oh that was a good fake crying. I'll be lefing at myself sometimes. Girl, film be funny if you watch some of those, buddy, be like, what are you doing right here? Anyway? Yes, this offensive line for Cincinnati has gotten a fair share of Rick Kule and things like that, but they have cleaned up, especially in the last three weeks, the amount of pressure and stuff they are allowing. They're still they have some young guys on this offensive line. Orlando Brown is the left tackle for them. He has some experience, he's pretty respected through the league. I'll give him that Mary's Mems on the right side, a rookie right tackle that a lot of people had a lot of opinions about coming out the draft because of his lack of experience. He is getting his feet wet, to say the least.
Speaker 7: That's a nice way to say.
Speaker 5: Yes, he's getting his feet wet, just like Tyler Goyton, just like some of these other like this is a learning period time. But I will say I just their offense is it is confus us because they also have times in games where they don't look like that team and that's why they are losing some of these close games. They have lapses of penalties and there's a couple of times again these young tackles will get a holding and stuff like that. Very so much of the Cowboys where they're driving, they're trying to figure things out. But yeah, the the weaponry on that side this Cowboys defense is gonna be tested. Sister, I know you was looking like that.
Speaker 4: What's something that what's an offensive line from this season that you feel has done similar things that they do As far as.
Speaker 3: The confusion the Cowboys have faced.
Speaker 4: And it may not be anybody I'm just no, no, no, no, no, you're you're you're right.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to think that they can.
Speaker 3: Kind of look back to on the film and say, all.
Speaker 5: Right, let me go like a comparison, I'm let me go look at some of their games they play. I can give you a better like I need to see, like who y'all have been playing? Uh, let me look. Wouldn't be the Giants? No, absolutely not, please false.
Speaker 9: I mean, like, you know, Detroit, you could argue has probably the best offensive line. But I don't know that they really like fool anybody. I mean, they can just like punch you in the mouth.
Speaker 5: I would say close, A close comparison might be Yeah, might be New Orleans. New Orleans isn't as Again, I still think New Orleans is more pre snap like Super frinchis Schmucher Schmunchers. Yeah, this is not like that. Their they're run, they're running. Blocking scheme is very much so just like counting on your eyes looking somewhere else. Because Burrow is not super mobile, so you can't sell the RPO like but he can be. Yes, he can run if he if he needs to be, but that's just not mostly his game. They're not trying to sell you the r PO. They're really trying to sell you like, oh you think that you think that I'm giving to giving the ball to the tight end right here. No, I'm actually slipping back door to a running back and your guy is out of his lane because they also line up to They line up to where you're out wide. They try to kick you and get you out of get you out the way. So the Cowboys defensive ends are going to have to play smart and not get caught on the outside because this offensive line wants to get to the second level. They want to get to the outside. They're not alike, run at you straight up the gut type offensive line. No, they want to be able to attack you on the outside and also to they use that to help their pass to which is lethal. Also, Lord have mercy, who plant corner this week?
Speaker 4: Hopefully a snapcount some stress, stop asking questions.
Speaker 7: Here's something.
Speaker 9: The offense is not the problem for the Bengals. They're four and eight, but they are one of the top scoring teams in the league. They're averaging twenty eight points per game. Okay, I'm rounding up the seven nine.
Speaker 7: Here's the thing.
Speaker 9: They're averaging twenty seven point nine points per game. That's wonderful. The problem is their defense is giving up twenty eight point three. Their defense is surrendering way too many points. In fact, I'm at it, I'm gonna do Let's use thirty three points as the.
Speaker 3: Mark.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean that's that is tremendous.
Speaker 9: If you score thirty three points in a game, fantastic The Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Excuse me.
Speaker 9: The Bengals have done it six times in twelve games. At their games, they have reached at least thirty three points, and they are two and four. They have lost four games when scoring thirty four points.
Speaker 5: That crazy.
Speaker 9: The rest of the league only fifty only fifty three games. Everybody else combined all thirty one other teams have reached thirty three points only fifty three times. They are fifty two to one the Cowboys. The Cowboys have reached thirty three points or more only twice, back in Week one at Cleve when the road win, and by the way, part of that came from Cavante Turpin's punt return. And then that crazy ending in Washington two weeks ago, a week and a half ago, whenever it was with all the points in the fourth quarter. That was the two kickoff returns.
Speaker 5: But you said, lady, the Cowboys got a score point.
Speaker 7: So I'm telling you that that.
Speaker 9: Yeste Turpin and the only The Cowboys are averaging twenty point nine points, barely over twenty points a game. And if you take away the overshown interception return for a touchdown, if you take away Turpins two, the punt and the kickoff return, and if you take away je Ye Thomas's kickoff return, it's more.
Speaker 7: Like eighteen points a game.
Speaker 9: So yeah, Luckily these games aren't played on paper, because on paper it ain't looking good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, oh goodness. And here's the thing is, like the Cowboys have had trouble in the red zone. They have gotten there. They just make mistakes. They're making they're getting trips down there. They're just settling for three.
Speaker 7: What's working?
Speaker 5: Now, this is not the way to do that. I actually want to go look. Get a look at their red zone defense. I'm looking at the wrong I'm good.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: You look at Joe Burrow.
Speaker 3: I mean, you can't say anything about.
Speaker 4: Their offense because Joe Burrow first and passing yards yards per game, passing touchdowns, third and QBR, fourth and passer rating.
Speaker 7: I mean just Pike dropped like that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And it's not and it's not like they're playing from behind and he's amassing a lot of numbers in garbage time.
Speaker 7: It's not that at all.
Speaker 5: These are very.
Speaker 9: Competitive games and finding creative ways to give it up at the end and allow that. That Pittsburgh game on Sunday, Man, if you have uh, you know, the NFL game pass, go back and watch it. That's a heck of a fun game to watch, unless you're a Bengals fan, because there have just been so many games this year where they should have they should have it and they're not killing themselves with penalties. They're like the third least penalized team in the league. Yeah, or second least penalized team in.
Speaker 5: The league, define five. Yeah, it's the timing of it's the timing of them at times for me, and like just some of the like there's times I was watching the Steelers game where as far as the defense, they're communicating so late into the clock, Like I just think, I don't know if they have gotten some new things going on there, like if they're a new coach, because I feel like since these teams for and That's why I'm confused because since these defense I felt like had some discipline to them for a while, like them trips to the Super Bowl. Yes, like they were scoring points, but also to that defense was was coming away with takeaways and playing tough for them. And so I wonder, like what changes have happened, particularly or if there's been any changes, because the offense is doing pretty much all that they can, Like you can't. They have lost three of their four last games. They have averaged thirty five points in those games. What yeah that possible? Like and that's all. The whole thing is a bit confusing and not confusing in the sense of like when I watch their defense, they have guys. They're not some just without talent defense, it's just you can get them. Like there's the when you talk about the discipline side of things, like their eye discipline at times is atrocious.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you something, Do y'all think that with the way that this defense, the Cowboys defense has been playing the past couple of weeks, is enough to slow down this Bengals offense.
Speaker 9: Who's playing right? Seriously, who's playing in the secondary?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I mean, now there's parts of their offensive line that you can attack. I do think this is Dallas offensive line. And the pro about this Sincy offense is that they are gonna they rely on passing the ball like they will run the ball Situationally, I'm not saying that that's not something that they do, but they have a lot of weapons to pass the ball, and that's they understand. That's their strength. That's fine that your strength on your defense right now is your pass rush. It's not that many strengths. That is one of them. You can get after the quarterback. So I feel like it does kind of not even out, but you do give your yourself a shot with being able to pass rush against these gentlemen. I'm I'm a little straining to lie. I'm like Christie, I'm a little stressed out about it because they can get going very quickly with how they can put up points as well.
Speaker 4: Chase Brown, they're running back. What does he do well? What doesn't he do well?
Speaker 5: What you got, Christie?
Speaker 7: Well, Zach, They he's actually their backup.
Speaker 9: But then their starter went on ir and so man, he was running free at times and against Pittsburgh's really you know, that's that's a tough team to run against at times, and so I think he's impressive. Don't know how much they're gonna work to him throwing the ball out of the back, but man, he's one of these guys that in space it can be kind of scary.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what. That's one of the things that I was looking at. Like, again, don't get a we haven't got a huge sample size of him. I feel like he's played well considering and I don't think that. I think they do like using him as a receiver though, And that's one of the things I was talking about, is the fact that like, yeah, he's shifting in and out open field. I like the way that he accelerates. That's one of my favorite things about running backs is like when they accelerate, because it is a timing thing to know. I think he understands when to accelerate, and that terrifies me, but I will say I that's he I think he kind of unlocks some of that for them. Is the receiving thing, and so they've been using him out the backfield, setting up screens for him, doing stuff like that. But they really are selling play action with him as well, and it works because they think people understand that this is a guy that can be damaging to an extent in the open field. This Chase Brown. This is Sidney Brown's brother. That just hit me. Sidney Brown is a I think he's a safety for the Philadelphia Eagles. He and his brother played together at Illinois.
Speaker 11: Though.
Speaker 5: That defense was stellar that year, really really really hard hitting defense, and that just reminded.
Speaker 3: Me I.
Speaker 5: Met them at the combine. They're really kind, Yes, very kind. They just hit me, like, oh, I know this human's face because I only se him what their helmets on.
Speaker 4: I don't think he'll be kind.
Speaker 5: He's probably not. But how do you think the Cowboys have defended the run as of Lake?
Speaker 7: It's not perfect, so much better?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, for sure, I'm not as terrified.
Speaker 4: But it goes back to what you're saying about the small sample size when you haven't seen much of what he can really do.
Speaker 5: That it's unscouted looks. Yeah, this Cowboys defense, I mean he has sixty d's on the year. I mean that's I don't think that that's a small feat. But I will say the thing about it, though, that we're not talking about, is you guys mentioned it before. It's Burrow. It's his ability like the one thing the Cowboys have not done well and they haven't had to deal with too many mobile quarterbacks as of late, but like like like super shifty mobile quarterbacks, they are not containing well. And so to me, like to y'all's point earlier, Joe Burrow is a guy like the footwork in the pocket is insane right now. He is sliding, stepping up in the pocket, making seeing that field see yes, seeing that field open up, and throwing dimes. So for you, when you talk about the secondary being compromised, it's also like these baby, are y'all gonna play man? Y'all gonna play zone? Because I feel like he's gonna hold.
Speaker 7: Trump, mix it up.
Speaker 5: I'm sure girl like this man and your backs turned to him. He's taking off. So I wonder if you do say to Marian, I need you to keep an eye on this human because that has been a problem for the Cowboys. I feel like even in some of these games like that, the quarterbacks are just slipping through. It happened last week, if I'm not mistaken. Yeah, just slipping through and getting big chunk yardists and sliding all hands. Saw that from Jayden Daniels. Yes, a lot sliding all happy and stuff. Drew Locke did it too. Like that was that was shut down was the fact that they lost contained and he slipped up there. So it's like Bes obviously be concnizant of Chase Brown and well he could do in the open field. But that gazelle over there, dang all tall and stuff, he do like a gazelle.
Speaker 3: I'm crying.
Speaker 5: All right, we're gonna take our second break.
Speaker 3: We gotta go in a few minutes. Up next, we'll be still talking about this defense.
Speaker 4: We're gonna stick to the pass rush and see the opportunities that they will have against this Bengals offensive line.
Speaker 5: Will be right back with more.
Speaker 3: Girls talk, boys talk.
Speaker 10: When you're on the field, you know what it takes to lead your team and play with confidence. But that confidence shouldn't just stop at game time. It should follow you off the field too. Join over five hundred NFL players who trust in visi Line, the the number one doctor recommended clear a liner brand. Ready to take the first step towards a smile you'll love, Visit in visit line dot com, slash NFL and find a doctor near you today. Transform your smile and take your confidence to the next level, both on the field.
Speaker 8: And off Cowboys fans.
Speaker 2: When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner it can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges.
Speaker 8: Ryan is the.
Speaker 2: Largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business taxes. Our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting.
Speaker 8: Ryan dot com.
Speaker 2: Ryan the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetie Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yettie dot com. Check it out today. Yetti official cooler and drinkwaar of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Discover Aiden, the official luggage partner the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. Known for top cheer engineering and craftsmanship, Aiden offers more than just bags, originating from Australia and designed in New York, emerges fashion, design and culture used by Dallas Cowboys player's staff and the entire organization. Aiden provides style and functionality for all travelers. Visit aidendebrand dot com and use code aidenex Cowboys for twenty five percent off your purchase. Travel like your favorite stars with Aiden.
Speaker 7: Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 9: Amanda Foster has been named your twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan, for her dedication to the team and spicing up the game. Vote for Amanda to be named the Ultimate NFL Fan of the Year at NFL dot Com Slash Fan of the Year.
Speaker 7: Vote for Amanda.
Speaker 3: We love Amanda on the show.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, Amanda.
Speaker 3: Vote for Amanda. Oh I was trying to.
Speaker 7: NFL dot Com Slash Fan of the Year.
Speaker 3: There we go, all right.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys have been plus two and turnover differential.
Speaker 5: Who that word?
Speaker 3: Gets me every time.
Speaker 4: The last two games, what opportunities we'll be there to create takeaways for this defense against Cincinnati.
Speaker 5: Lord Amanda'll be turning the ball over like that.
Speaker 3: If I was gonna say force fumbles, maybe.
Speaker 5: That's the only that's the only way you're gonna get it to me. Because he's accuracy, y'all. He throwing that ball. Only his guys can get it. Yeah, yeah, he plans. That's good for Yeah.
Speaker 9: And the thing is you talk about with the running and you're right, you know, if you if it's man to man or you're not disciplined with your you know, controlling the gaps on your pass rush, it can hurt you down the field. But really it's it's more with the intent to pass the ball, right, And so they talk about in the NFL about two point three seconds, and so when you when if you affect a quarterback with the pass rush and he's moving around in the pocket or moving around outside and buying time, then that's very difficult for the defensive backs. I mean, you've got t Higgins and Jamar Chase and these guys that you're chasing around, uh, just trying to stick with and for beyond.
Speaker 7: Two point three seconds.
Speaker 9: Good luck with that, So that that's what's worrisome. So the thing is they're the Bengals are middle of the pack in terms of sacks allowed. They've allowed thirty. That's right in the middle of the NFL. So you can get to them, but you can't yet in terms of just pinning your ears back and going. You still have to maintain that discipline of the rush lanes.
Speaker 4: Who do you feel like will get the most pressures.
Speaker 9: Probably Micah And I'm sorry, oh okay, no, just because I think that they would move him around right and and give him some opportunities there. Hey, I wouldn't mind seeing uh demo, you know, send marve on on some some blitzes.
Speaker 5: I'll be looking to it, yes, ma'am, I agree, I will. I would be looking to attack their interior. Like I was talking to you guys about before, I think that Brown and Memes are are pretty good at keeping up that edge and making keeping it walled off for a borough. I think that is a huge reason why he's playing well, y'all, just be honest with you, because he when he was struggling, it was a lot of that pressure and stuff was coming from the tackle position, so he now he can just sit there. He can see when that pressure is coming in his and he doesn't mind. Like when I'm watching him, I see him feel the pressure coming from the middle because he can escape to the edges. And he also knows his tackles are going and go out and run with them. That gives him confidence. So I do think that Dallas should attack the interior of this offensive line if that's where they gonna get it. I think that's where they're gonna make most of their money. Because also too, we didn't get into it, but the Bengals tight ends are willing to block on the side.
Speaker 7: They can help.
Speaker 5: They are very willing blockers, not super flashy, not super fancy. Eric Al, I'm sorry what happened to you? Oh Jesus oh. Eric All is one of my favorite tight ends in this draft. Came back towards a cl came back, got drafted, was killing it his first few weeks of the football season. Tears this ACL again a few weeks ago. My heart goes out to him. He's a heck of a player. But their tight ends are very willing to block, so I do think attack the middle of them going on.
Speaker 9: So this needs to be one of the games of the year for Osa then and.
Speaker 5: And in fairness, we've seen oh soo DIGGI Zua start like he's taking an uptick anyway and pressures and stuff. But you're starting to see more of his explosiveness because Masie Smith's holding it down. I'm telling you, like he's he's playing far better football. But that's also gonna allow Zimmer to do some of the blitzing up the middle that he wants to do, because I think that's the best way to do it. Because this guy's gonna escape and he's gonna make you pay. That's why one thing I like about him, he's competitive, he's sweeten the fast, but he wants to make you pay. He's like, oh, you know, I'm just here, cool guy with machades and stuff, and then he sees you in coverage tripping and he's gonna make you pay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, hopefully the Cowboys make the Bengals pay.
Speaker 3: Do you think we hope?
Speaker 5: Hope?
Speaker 4: All Right, this has been fun, a great day on the show, but we gotta wrap. Fry Morrison, Christy Scales and Nicole had to sin We'll be back here tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 5: Cowboy