Speaker 1: Guys, welcome to Hot Takes and Hangouts. I am here with my amazing guest of Antika. How are you? I love your name so much. Thank you, it's so gorgeous. I'm obsessed. Can I just say it all day?
Speaker 2: No, please do.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say for twelve minutes and not ask you anything.
Speaker 2: No, please do.
Speaker 1: Well, if you haven't listened to our full conversation, make sure you check out the episode before this, because it's amazing and I love chatting with you. But now we're going to do some really fun hot takes. You get to learn about you a little bit more. Hey, a little bit more. Okay, first one, Oh, let's see what I want to beget? Okay, dream roll dream rolls.
Speaker 2: Julia Roberts a pretty woman, Yeah, something like that, or a superhero. I just grow up watching Marvel and reading comic books, and it would be really fun to do something really action, heavier in the superhero world like that.
Speaker 1: I could see that. Yeah, I could see that. You have a favorite superhero.
Speaker 2: I love Scarlet Witch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just love her.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Solid choice comedy or drama.
Speaker 2: To be in or to watch. I'd love to do a drama. I just have I don't think I've ever done a drama before, and I would love to be in a drama.
Speaker 1: Could you bring it? Could you tap into that like emotional place where you just break down?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Absolutely, Yeah, very on edge at all times, always at the brink of tears. No, it was just holding it in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'd be perfect.
Speaker 2: I'm perfect. It's perfect.
Speaker 1: I love that. Which character have you played it is most similar to you in real life?
Speaker 2: Probably Abby? I think Abby and not suitable for work is the most similar, just by virtue of being in her twenties and in New York and being in the arts world and being in the industry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, isn't twenties in New York so much fun?
Speaker 2: It's the best?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And it's the one I always say, like I had. Everything I've planned out for myself has never gone according to plan, so it's always turned out better, so it's never a problem. But my twenties in New York was a dream I had since I was a kid, and it's the one thing that has worked out according to plan and it's been incredible. So I'm glad and I will probably live here for the rest of my life. I love it so so much.
Speaker 1: I love that. Yeah, because you're a West Coast girl, I am, but you always dreamed of New York. Yeah, okay, I love that. What would Karen from Me and Girls post on TikTok?
Speaker 2: Oh? God, we've always said she really likes Kraft mac and cheese. We had this joke on set, So I feel like she'd make Kraft mac and cheese. I also would like to imagine she'd do Kraft mac and cheese flights. Do you know these videos on TikTok where people will make flights of really random food. So they'll do like egg flights, and they'll eat a peanut butter jelly egg and they'll call it a peg. And then they'll eat like a pickled egg and they'll call it a pickle egg, and they'll I think she'd do the same thing with KRAFTA and cheese. I feel like that would be really fun for.
Speaker 1: I want to go look up all those videos.
Speaker 2: They're so fun, and these combos that they come up with are really cool.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I'm in which mean Girls cast member made you laugh the most?
Speaker 2: Oh jock wow orbane?
Speaker 1: Okay? Yeah, okay, not suitable for work questions? Okay, okay, it's a spicy one. Our hookups with your boss and or co workers in or out.
Speaker 2: Boss is a little crazy. Boss might be out of it. But like my mom, my dad was my mom's boss and they got married. So you know for that, you know, I am a product of something I'm voting against. Right, But hook ups with coworkers in like yolo, I don't know boundaries.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right. You got to be able to handle that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know care, you know what you're walking into.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, just do it with open eyes. Okay, fair good advice. Last show you binge watched?
Speaker 2: Last show I binge watched His and Hers? Is it that with Tesla Thompson on Netflix? So good? It might be him and Her. It's like a crime drama, so so good. I just binge that. I just binge. Jersey Shore. I love that love. I loved Jersey Shore. I'm so late to the game.
Speaker 1: Do you know I grew up down at the Jersey Shore? Are you serious?
Speaker 2: Wait? How was that?
Speaker 1: Everything?
Speaker 2: Did you go to the clubs that they like closed down?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: How was Karma?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I've been to Karma?
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh my god? How old were you when you went to Karma the first time?
Speaker 1: Definitely not of age.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I went, wait, that's so exciting.
Speaker 1: It is a site to be seen.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you, I just can't believe you were seventeen at Karma.
Speaker 1: Like fifteen, but yeah, yeah, oh yeah, yeah, all of that. Oh my god, it is what you expect and more.
Speaker 2: Do you have pictures?
Speaker 1: Yes, luckily not online because that wasn't a thing then, but yes, there's some really good pictures.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: I think like lots of like leopard print dresses where probably like a black tank top and like denim.
Speaker 2: Like I can't believe you were fifteen at Carmine. Now you have like a rap flaur on Christmas. It's really really.
Speaker 1: We call that growth.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but people are so I grew up in like central New Jersey, but I spent the summers at the Jersey Shore and everybody when they find out I'm from there, is fascinated. I know, I'm fast, they really are, and like, granted, this what's on the show is the depiction of like one little pocket, Like it's not all like that, but that little pocket is very much like that. And my friends would make me go with them to like the Jersey shorehouse and do like a tour, so we would end up there at like two am after going out like years ago, and they get a whole tour of it with like the duck phone and everything. Yeah. Yeah, if you want a tour, I can arrange it for you. I know people. Okay, what is one thing that fans would be surprised to learn about you.
Speaker 2: That they would be surprised to learn about me? That my favorite place in the world is Barcelona or Thailand?
Speaker 1: Very different, very different. Yeah, but you just connected with them.
Speaker 2: I just love them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow. Have you been to Bali?
Speaker 2: No? I haven't, but I think Bali might be two party party for me, at least Bali. That's touristy. Of course, It's like Indonesia's gorgeous, and I'm sure there's other places in Indonesia that I would love, but Bali specifically, I think it might be a little overwhelming for me. But that's just from what I've heard. I might go there and have my mind completely change.
Speaker 1: I think you will.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I did my honeymoon and Bali and was amazing. We didn't party party, We just like totally chilled. It was amazing.
Speaker 2: Really Okaya, very very nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you a musical theater.
Speaker 2: Girlly, I can't claim it, you know, I can't claim it because you asked me a question about some niche musical that came out fifteen years ago, and I won't have any clue what you're talking about. My best friend, though his name is Joshuacauley, is like Broadway Royalty, and he would he would know the soundtrack of that. Let's say I'm a recreational fan, you know, like a proximity fan. I'm best friends with so many people who are so tapped into that world that it's rubbed off on me.
Speaker 1: So will you try to see a show once in a while?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 1: What's the last show you saw?
Speaker 2: What's the last show I saw? I just saw his show. He was just Orpheus in Hadestown.
Speaker 1: Ooh, I love hades Town.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: That was my fourth time watching it. Really, Yeah, I really love that show because he's been in it, he's been in it this last run. But I've just always loved that show.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a good show. It's a great show.
Speaker 2: It's a great one.
Speaker 1: Song of the summer, what is your song of the summer?
Speaker 2: Song of the summer.
Speaker 1: It doesn't have to be something new.
Speaker 2: I was just about to ask.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could be any song you love.
Speaker 2: Like A Place in the Sun by Stevie Wonder Nice. Yeah, I love the whole album. So anytime of year, that's my go to.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. That's a really good one. What is something that is a non negotiable deal breaker when you are starting to date someone?
Speaker 2: Non negotiable deal breaker? You can't vape.
Speaker 1: I support that.
Speaker 2: I think it's I think it's tacky. I just like won't. I just like I can't, I can't start dating you and then you pull out like a bright pink vape and it's like Florida Peach, like some weird shit like purple gasoline track. Like it's just it's gross. I don't like it's tacky.
Speaker 1: I don't like it. And I don't like when people vape like indoors.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't like it.
Speaker 2: Some people will make an exception for I've just been There's there's a level of cool that you can pull it off, you know, but generally for a man, it just won't. You're inconveniencing everyone by being here. Please keep your substances to yourself.
Speaker 1: We are so in alignment. Last question, I'm gonna ask something off the.
Speaker 2: Cuff for my last Oh my god, okay.
Speaker 1: Let's see. Stuff's like uh oh, let's see. Let's see based off what we've talked about today, what do I want to ask you? Okay? Mmmm? Okay? Rank these rom coms? Okay, from most favorite to least favorite.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: If you haven't watched when you have to say? Haven't the holiday?
Speaker 2: And I tried to watch it yesterday but it's on Netflix. And then it gave me the notification where it was like because I'm still in my family's Netflix, it was like, your TV isn't part of the Netflix house whatever, And so I went to bed. I could have, we could have anyway.
Speaker 1: Homework is you have to watch that?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, pretty Woman of course? When Harry met Sally of course? And what about for my third m there's something about Mary. Have you watched? Yeah? I have?
Speaker 2: Okay, I think when Harry met No, it's between when Harry Metallian pretty Woman for me for top one, gotta pick one. I think when Harry met Sally and then pretty Woman because for some reason, pretty Woman doesn't feel like a true rom Comrace, you know, so, then pretty Woman and then there's.
Speaker 1: Something about Mary Solid yeah, Solid.
Speaker 2: Do you agree with that?
Speaker 1: I do agree with that. I do agree with that. The holiday is one of my favorites, so you have to watch it. Anything Cameron is in course, she's like rom com quick. Yes, absolutely, Thank you so much for having Let's remind everybody your show to watch all the things.
Speaker 2: Yes, please watch not suitable for work. It is all out now so you can binge it. It is out on Hulu and Hulu on Disney Plus and Tommy loved it, loved it, loved it. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yay