Speaker 1: Celebrity club. But church isn't open on Tuesday. Let's go to Sonic.
Speaker 2: Y'allay, whoo gosh, dignity damn Racks join me over here at the craft table.
Speaker 3: Oh well, Revide, I don't mind having some treats. My goodness, you have me slapping my knee in that last take. I almost broke character.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, darn it, diggity damn Rex actually looking at you and experience after you gave me a steadiness.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Well, thank you so much forba. That's such an honor. Would you like a Mortadella pin wheel?
Speaker 1: Oh? After the first my first c m A win. Let me tell you a story. Me and my first husband, Charlie Blidyblam we had Boloney miracle Whip wonderbread sandwiches in our hotel after our want and then sorry not to get we actually we may love after that, not to get to. Oh we're long over. But Mordi della here is the hot new Boloney.
Speaker 3: That's a fair folks anecdote he just related to me, and one that sexualizes you in my mind.
Speaker 1: Oh now that I was trying to do that. Tell you that I'm the type of woman that does still make love.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm sorry, excuse me, No, I was just trying. I was just going for one of those baby carrots.
Speaker 1: Sweet tea. That's what I always say when I say something weird, just to clear the air. Oh, sweet tea, how have you been wrecks?
Speaker 3: Oh I'm I'm good. As you know. My third wife died of Christian cancer.
Speaker 1: Oh my bless her soul rest in marrying Jesus of Okatoma.
Speaker 3: Which does mean that I'm also a single man at this current juncture in my journey.
Speaker 1: And you know what, Rex, I bet you were such a beautiful and loyal husband. I bet you was so lucky, so lucky to have a strong and steady man like you. Reagananna, what are you six foot seven?
Speaker 3: Oh? Me? Oh, miss McIntyre, I'm just I'm I'm only sixty six, two hundred and thirty pounds. Ma'n.
Speaker 1: You remind me of my daddy's hut.
Speaker 3: A lot of women du'd be telling me that that I'm the height of their dad's. Well. Listen, maybe you want to come back to my trailer later and I could tell you some more stories about my good wife.
Speaker 1: I would love that, and I would be blessing. I would be honored. Maybe we can pack up some of this more tedella, as you call it. I love Rome, By the way, we should go sometime. I'm getting ahead of myself. Reboot, Sweet Tea. You've done it.
Speaker 3: Again, Reva. What a smoking wit you have on you and that hair how it moves but also doesn't.
Speaker 1: One day, maybe you'll know my secret.
Speaker 3: I hope to know all your secrets one day.
Speaker 1: Oh wrex, my, my, my, Okay, see you in your trailer by.
Speaker 3: Who's that knocking at the door. It's all your friends, you filthy horse. Your husband's gone and you've got books and a bottle of wine to kill.
Speaker 2: It's Hollywood, it's books, it's gossip.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it's memoirs, Martinis.
Speaker 1: Celebrity Puff Club, Read it while it's hot.
Speaker 3: Celebrity poof Club, Tell your secrets.
Speaker 1: We won't talk celebrity books. No boys are loud. Celebrity book say it loud and.
Speaker 3: Cloud Celebrity Book Club.
Speaker 1: Buzz me in. I brought the queer vow. Hey, best friend, how the hell are you?
Speaker 3: I am feeling super respectful.
Speaker 1: I'm feeling grateful.
Speaker 3: I thought the most insane ad for the army the other day. It was like a girl in like in like a big like NASA control center command area with some of the computers everywhere.
Speaker 1: It's kind of hidden figures.
Speaker 3: And yeah, and he's like what was modern? And she's been like pressing so many buttons and like hacking and on screens. And then her like dumb bitch like midwestern mom is like walking through the like computer room zone being just like, well, I just don't understand like why you're doing all this computer stuff. And then like the girl's just like mom, like I'm hacking the future and I'm like building America, like what. And then it's like it turns out like it was all kind of like a fantasy. And then it's like cut to the girl in her suburban bedroom with the mom explaining to the mom why she wants to apply to the army to like be a hacker. Okay, and then they're like tomorrow's like women hackers are supported by today's super supportive parents.
Speaker 1: I was the mom being receptive and like the actual real life.
Speaker 3: And she kind of like started to come around the commercials okay. So the message was like when your girl boss daughter says she wants to hack for the Army.
Speaker 1: It's like, you buy me a PC on black Y Day and your mom is like, no, what about another iPad or an Apple Watch? And she's like, no, I want a PC. Like be all you can be?
Speaker 3: Be all you can PC. I want to It's like, do support your daughter's tech ambitions to be a woman in military style.
Speaker 1: Such a beautiful lesson. The plot of that almost reminds me of some of the lyrics uh To, just kind of deep plot driven songs.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: Today the book. Yes, she is someone that has broken barriers in country music. She has been in so many television shows.
Speaker 3: Many people call her the queen of country music.
Speaker 1: Snoop does I'll tell you that on the Voice I watched last night. She's like an ally to everyone, whether they be part of the LGBTQ plus can or the Chalk Taw Nation. Yes, you might know her as someone I don't know who's known as a survivor maybe a single mom who's worked three drops two jobs.
Speaker 3: Three times two jobs, two jobs.
Speaker 1: One of the lyrics, who loves her kids and cares a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah. You know her from her thin upper lip, you know her from her massive bangs issue waiting, Wig will discuss in detail.
Speaker 1: Does the curtain match to the drapes.
Speaker 3: We're of course talking about not.
Speaker 4: A legend literally Motherklahoma native and chef Reba MacIntyre and her new.
Speaker 1: Cookookbook, Not that fancy.
Speaker 3: Simple lessons on living, loving, eating.
Speaker 4: And dusting off your boots Forward Brooks.
Speaker 1: Now what I love this is a cookbook, but it's also part memoir part.
Speaker 3: It actually has a lot more memoir than I was kind of anticipating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot in here. And what's nice is it's also kind of a cliffs notes for her, like early nineties memoir that you put out that is very more like tiny print, paperback CVS.
Speaker 3: Weather super small print and for.
Speaker 1: Some of us that hell, we're agent okay, the glass they're only getting thicker and the that's again Baker, I.
Speaker 3: Kind of don't need to read that one. If you just want to read this, I will say it makes the book kind of crazy, Like the way it's organized. This is kind of not at all.
Speaker 1: She tries to kind of organize it like maybe by being like when I was on tour with Brooks and Done, we got into so many pranks and they would always silly string me, and then it will like the sentence will kind of trail off and the next pace will be like kicks, duns Cheri, coke barbecue.
Speaker 3: You're just like what sen It's not like there's sections like meats, like starters, like dream noops, it's just completely random. The chapter is our nature is my Church? Where what you want and put some fringe on it. You gotta be you. Happiness is where you least expect it. Nothing lacks some healthy competition.
Speaker 1: Don't forget to kick back and enjoy, Betty nobody. It doesn't alone. Do what you love, find someone you look up to, live out your legacy, keep dreaming forward, and here's your one shame.
Speaker 3: It's like pretty sample, don't forget to kick back and enjoy. Which Also, the photography in this book is completely insane.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. So there's like professional photography, I will say, and then there's like really fun crazy candids.
Speaker 3: So it's like the professionals always her in her massive kitchen, just be like absolutely airbrush to the gods.
Speaker 1: The photo that Steve was looking at right now, she's holding alone sandwich with my whip and an ipa.
Speaker 3: Everything looks photoshopped in the photo yeah, and.
Speaker 1: Then this one where she's just like leaning on like the biggest leather couch and you're.
Speaker 3: Like and pendleton blankets, which were not of her.
Speaker 1: Daddy, for daddy who was a racer.
Speaker 3: But then it's like the actual structure. So it's like, this is the section about enjoyment, which is like, okay, that's pretty broad. She has this whole thing about how to like icebreakers at a dinner party, and then there's a section of Rex, her new husband's favorite movies to scare you, which include The Exorcist, and then it's like four more pages about like how she likes her like French bulldog, Like, no, it's.
Speaker 1: Actually her boyfriend's French Bulldog's never had a pet, so it's about she had a lot of horses will of course she has a barrel ride.
Speaker 3: Pages and pages of all this, and then it's like chilled curried peach soup, which is a recipe that she stole from the veranda at the Four Seasons in Las Vegas. So I'm kind of just like what.
Speaker 1: I love about the honest but the honest.
Speaker 3: Oh no, she's not saying that this is her throughout this cook.
Speaker 1: But she goes y'all, I don't really like to cook, and then it'll be like chili recipe and she'll just be like, so, y'all, no, I don't cook, right, and you're like, okay, but so this is your cook.
Speaker 3: So it's your cook Cook and your chapter is dinner party, icebreakers, your husband's favorite scary movies, his French bulldog, and then a creed peach soup from the Four Vegas.
Speaker 1: But then also a lot of it is basically this like whole kind of Choctaw Nation like to help you to get to her restaurant, which is revitalizing her town that she's from Okatoka County, yes, and.
Speaker 3: So she has this restaurant in Oklahoma's place that is like on Choctaw Nations and she partnered with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like basically like the mayor of Okatoka was like, we want to revitalize the small town. And they came to Rebu and she was like, I'll put up half the money. Choctaw Nation also puts uff half the money. And the chief of chalk Chaw Nation is quote as being like but is an amazing person full of grace and faith, and she is like, I love the Chalk Taw Nation people, I have played at many of their casinos, and then they're like, Reba has played at many of our casinos, and we love her, and she's like, and I love them, and we use their bson.
Speaker 3: It's like everything she does is such a like lifetime show that she's in where it's like she's entering into a long term business negotiation with the Choctaw Nation, and like you can so imagine this being like this lifetime ass show where it's like every it's a.
Speaker 1: Big buil mild conflict and then it all gets settled right, And.
Speaker 3: The mayor of the town has kind of been like, well, I don't know, like, are you really gonna do business?
Speaker 1: Are you really gonna revitalize the Chalktaw Nature? Are you just some big name yeah coming in here?
Speaker 3: And then she's like no, like I do care about the people, and then like.
Speaker 1: The restaurant does open and she actually does higher more than half of the stuff. Yes, But this lifetime movie that she was in that she said was a huge risk for her to take because the last chapter is a lot about risk taking, which I kind of just want to jump into some of the risks she's taken. So this lifetime movie she's in. It's called The Hammer, and it's about her being a traveling judge, which is like, sorry, what's a traveling judge? And it's being like she's sassy and she moves into this town and this cop stops her and he's like, what are you doing speed and pulls a gun on her, and she's like, I'm the new third County Circuit Court judge and if you ever pull a gun on me again, I'll tell you. And everyone's like, who's this sassy traveling judge? And that's the plot. But Okay, some of the risks she's taken in life, because a lot of this book is like left lessons And a big risk she's taken was open up rapist place.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The thing is every country has a restaurant. It's like, no, I know that.
Speaker 1: I don't believe me.
Speaker 3: I guess it's the risk that's in Okatoka and not on Broadway. Yeah, I'm not in Nashville, so that is kind of a risk. But was she also maybe afraid to compete in Nashville because it's like she came to be a fish in a small pond. True, but as if she was a national she could be a small fish in a big pond.
Speaker 1: But I feel like she is so much about like God, family and barrel racing, and even though she does live in Nashville, she's just being like, I do want to revitalize. But she's also being like, yeah, it wasn't my idea at all. But all these recipes, if they are at Reba's place, like they have the Reba's Place stamp on it. Okay, but some of the risk, which I do think in her career, like she has taken a lot of risks.
Speaker 3: Well, she actually talks about how Fancy was a risk.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying, her first risk. So Fancy was written by Bobby Joe Gentry and it.
Speaker 3: Was an existing song and then she wanted to record it. She's always loved that song, and her management at the time was like, no, it's about prostitution. You can't do that song right.
Speaker 1: And Bobby Joe Gentry, who wrote it, like she was more like alt folks sing her sixties, so they were kind of writing crazy stuff back then in the sixties. But as things got like more conservative and country music in the eighties, Yes, people like America, right, they're being like you're gonna sing a song about a prostitute and sex work And then she said, yes, I am, and then literally could that song like be more famous? And now I feel like Riba has had like such a crazy kind of like cult comeback in the kind of like queer and youth community because everyone is being like, you're such an icon and you have big hair and like this actually is like a sex worker anthem.
Speaker 3: I think that's interesting the thing that you just landed on, which is that she is basically this like camp icon, whereas like Beyond Fancy and a couple of her songs, but like none are really like such smash hits in the way that maybe other country stars, either of now or of that era of like the eighties and nineties like have songs that are really.
Speaker 1: Like right, it's basically like lights went out and georg the ninth lights went out in Georgia. But then from that it literally is the theme song to her show, which is now becoming like a full drag song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it is about this kind of of like she's so campy and she's so consistent in it, yes, and like we love a survivor, we love a survivor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, single mom.
Speaker 3: But I'm just like, obviously like older straight women like love Riba, but I'm like, do like young maga girls like Riba or they kind of just like don't Is she really only a camp icon in like the gay community.
Speaker 1: I think there's camp icon and then I think maybe like the younger girls are just like she's a queen and it's more just like a Dolly worship, Like we love her songs. We watched the show Riba as kids, right, and like she's just napsolete back on. I mean she was my full Like obviously I was like being retro and nine the stay Johnny Cash, but she was like what broke me into modern country because my mom's friend would like teach me how to drive and put on rebec these and then took me off to a Riba concert.
Speaker 3: Wait, that's so cool in like.
Speaker 1: Mansfield and Brad Paisley opened, and that was like my first I mean like wait, I.
Speaker 3: Think that's how we all got into countries.
Speaker 1: Yeah, friend, yeah, ant literally shout.
Speaker 3: Out that that was a net Wow. Yeah that is insane.
Speaker 1: I mean at that time, I feel like going to that concert, there were like mass girls in their country dry, but like she was like cult status yet in like early two thousands.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like when did it start, like the real cult status, Like was it posts the show Rebook?
Speaker 1: I think it was pocause that at that time the show Rebu was still on.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Also, she's just straight up is hilarious.
Speaker 3: No, for sure. So she is funny, She's got good time.
Speaker 1: She's really good time.
Speaker 3: Because I watched her movie Tremors from the eighties.
Speaker 1: Which another risk she took.
Speaker 3: I mean everything she does is like a risk, which is a really great just like classic fun family action film.
Speaker 1: Isn't kind of safa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's about these like crazy sandworms in the desert, and like she lives in a small town and she doesn't really have a big she plays the wife of like a doom say prepper who lives in the town. It's mostly Kevin Bacon this other actor, and they are like the two like crazy cowboys who are like trying to get out of this town. And like they're like total punks, badasses.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's kind of like eighties badass.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, they're just these like venture silly, like unemployed guys in this like tiny town. And then all of a sudden there's these like crazy like sandworms that start attacking people. But everyone in the movie is very like not like southern or Western, and then like ree but just has her insane thick accent where she's just like, well, we're gonna have to get off the dessert because there the worms will come around. She's the only one. You're like, it's actually so good that she's in there, but it also is almost jarring like how southern she is.
Speaker 1: Also, it's like she doesn't just have like kind of the Dolly or like some other kind of like classic.
Speaker 3: There's something mouth in this.
Speaker 1: It's a little like something is in her mouth.
Speaker 3: She's got something in there.
Speaker 1: Craziest fact revealed this book is that she was cast in Titanic as Molly Brown. But then Kathy Bates, yes, but and she moved all her schedule around, and then they moved the production schedule, and she was like, well, I just had too many people relying on a paycheck. I couldn't move my tour around again. And she goes, but the wonderful Kathy Baits got the role. And it's like, ooh, sounds like you're a little still bitter about that.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, she'd probably still be raking in money off the back end of that.
Speaker 1: Wait, that's crazy crazy, But also they had Reba before Kathy Baits and again this is nineteen ninety six, Like again this is before her kind of like she is just she's just.
Speaker 3: Like straight up kind of famous country at that point. That's so crazy. It's really hard to think about her and that movie instead of Kathy Bates.
Speaker 1: I'm like, did what's his name? Why am I blanking on his name? James Cameron like watched Tremors and he was like, it's a reaper or bust.
Speaker 3: You know, is the very James Cameron right?
Speaker 1: Because it's like action sci fi dusty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's like Americana huh. I mean she's good in the movie, she sells it.
Speaker 1: I'm sure she's good in Hammer the Lifetime movie.
Speaker 3: But I bet she would be good. It's just so weird because it would.
Speaker 1: Be Leo and Riba. She'd be like at the table as like cups are jingling and a jangle in Yeah, the unsingablee Molly Brown.
Speaker 3: Because like Kathy Bates obviously has like you know, she's got the oscar and like she has this real gravitas to her.
Speaker 1: She's the most like actress.
Speaker 3: And I feel like she makes the movie feel more serious.
Speaker 1: Right because no one really knew, Like Leo wasn't so famous by then.
Speaker 3: And it was like Victor Garber or Billy's ame, Like you'd.
Speaker 1: Be like, not even Caplin's. But you're like, not even Victor Garber hadn't even started Ilias.
Speaker 3: It's super weird to think about that four times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, Riba, if we get to a little of her backstory, why is she such a rebel? Rouse? Why she did so many risks? Well, Daddy and Grandpappy they were rodeo stars, okay, and you learned a lot of lessons from the rodeo. Okay, you get kicked off and you just got to get back up. And then her older sister was a barrel racer, and so then she became a barrel racer.
Speaker 3: Daddy liked the rodeos, but he loved ranching. Rodeo and selling timber rocks and natural gas all helped in the progression of our ranch. Dad had to travel to compete in rodeos, but he wanted to be home on the ranch. But ranch life was not an easy life, That's more it. Ranch life was not on easy life. Maintaining the land and cattle takes time, and you can't just skip a day just because you're walking out working the land towards a whole family affair. The only time she wouldn't find us kids helping out was when we were in school. I thought that going to college would give me a break. Nope, I was strong. Daddy had leased some land halfway between home and the Southeastern Oklahoma State University in Durant, Oklahoma. And at this point you're like, this is a cookbook.
Speaker 1: No, and well and this okay, this is.
Speaker 3: What my clothes. I loaded up thirty fifty pound shacks of feet into my pickup truck and fed the three hundred head of cattle.
Speaker 1: This is what also gets so like show that she's in with her boyfriend called like Big Sky on just like the Yellowstone Network actually, and she's like, she's like, so, daddy got a car from his sister in law when he got married, but he traded it in for six point eighty five acres of land and they called that sorry land. Well, turns out that sorry land had natural gas on it. They shrug gas, baby, So yeah, imagine bond Land.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, bine land gas such a mind about striking guys, that'll be so dope. Dad is three rules to live by. Don't play cards in the daytime, don't watch TV in the daytime. Don't count your money.
Speaker 1: Actually really good rules because it's basically about like get out and work.
Speaker 3: Okay, in the day, you gotta work. I do think watching TV during the day is always sad, unless it's like the weekend and you're hungover.
Speaker 1: No, exactly t you said it. No, I never watched TV during the day time. It's also like, yes, did I watch Emily in Paris this weekend at three pm? Sure?
Speaker 3: If you're able to watch TV in the day, it means that your TV is in a room with no windows, which is sad. It's like there should be too much glare for you to watch.
Speaker 1: And I don't play cards during the daytime personally.
Speaker 3: Strictly only play cards. The last time you played cards?
Speaker 1: This summer, I got into some played with the local Yeah, I play jin Rummy. We also played a fierce game of fire. I feel like it's actually really a pre basally okay, if I'm mey, she loves to kind of get a little pranky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: So she was doing a Vegus residency with Brooks had Done Amazing band and just spoiler alert yesterday. I'll tell you this now and we'll heat it up. I know y'all hate it when we eat.
Speaker 3: Oh and if you come back ten minutes, okay, because we made food from the cookbook, we're gonna.
Speaker 1: Give a damns busted okay, and my give a shitter. Oh, it's done. So I made kicks Brooks ribs from Brookston Done, which is very her cookbook to be like, these ribs are from his cookbook. So I had to make them because they were just too damn good. So here's the passage, because it's just fun, and then we'll start to heating.
Speaker 3: We'll get to hating.
Speaker 1: One show, during our last song of the night, we were standing close together and Kicks kept spraying me with spit as he sang. When we got off stage, I hollered at him, would you started spitting in my face? Ron had Dunn thought that was hilarious. The next night, when I arrived at my dressing room, I found a bright yellow ring with a hood and rain pants waiting for me. I'm not sure if it was Ronnie or Kicks who sent it, but I loved it still. I couldn't let them have the last word. So when I went to change the last song, Sandy had my rain gear ready. I put it on and went up to perform. The look on Kicks's face was priceless. We laughed about that raincoat for years to come. You're like, literally, like what in the Oka Toka.
Speaker 3: Just like random expensive franks where we.
Speaker 1: Fit on me? And then I'm like, well, I'm actually gonna like wear the raincoat on a live show. And then we're laughing about it for like years to come.
Speaker 3: But when God throws you a curveball, you just have to roll with it. Wait, and the baby back Ribs are in this section about like that prank or not even.
Speaker 1: Yes, like seven pages later, so.
Speaker 3: They're supposed to be like fun ribs. Is that the idea?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And we're just like honoring like her tour with Brooks and don in like at like Caesar's Palace in twenty fourteen.
Speaker 3: The Mac and Cheese, I mean, so it's in the kind of like nobody does it alone section and about like comforting friends when they experienced loss. Oh, that actually does make sense because Mac and cheese is comfort food.
Speaker 1: And because Riba basically experienced one of the biggest losses I think like any musician probably could ever experience.
Speaker 3: It's so sad though, if you guys don't know. In March of nineteen ninety one, Reba was performing in San Diego and then the next day she had to be in Fort Wayne, Indiana, and she and her band were flying private and Reba flew ahead of the band and.
Speaker 1: They were taking several small planes.
Speaker 3: And the rest of her band literally gotten a plane crash leaving the San Diego Airport, which is actually one of the most like dangerous flight pattern areas in the country.
Speaker 1: San Diego to Ohio.
Speaker 3: No, the San Diego Airport airspace, oh because there's a lot of like low lying hills that are like difficult to see.
Speaker 1: How do you know this? The CIA work? You do?
Speaker 3: I do a lot of work in the aviation community. And yeah, the play was too low and like a wing got clipped on like something the tree or maybe even touched ground, but it like flipped over a huge fireball exploded. Everyone died, So like nine of her bandmates died. Guitarally gets Indiana and then suddenly finds out like it's this call call it her hotel room, and then she has to go. It's like so sad and tragic. But so she does reference that in the book a little bit. She doesn't get into too much details, but she's like, I went to bed then not feeling happy and relaxed, and awoke to a namere voter. I don't think any of us will ever fully recover from the world gave up some of the most wonderful musicians it has ever known that nut Chris Austen, who played mandolin, piddle and guitar. And then she's like lit everyone and so in this section is when she.
Speaker 1: For a list of how to care for a friend.
Speaker 3: Yes, one of her ideas for friendish hurting is give them a nourishing, comforting meal, or you can make a playlist of comforting music, or a basket of self care assntion, give the gift of relaxation with a sweet smelling candle, some bath salts and bags of tea to encourage them to take a little time to recharge, or a devotional when life hurts. The ultimate healer, healer capital Age is who we need passing along a devotional that speaks to you can help your friend found comfort in God's word and his promises. My favorite is Jesus Colin by Sarah Young. And then she's like cherry coke, barbe Burger. Yes, so let's go, let's go. I'm gonna go get my comfort food for a friend who has experienced a loss.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go get my pranking chilly ribs and my not so fancy panto beans and corn bread for a time when you're having your ex sister in law over for a chili cookoff.
Speaker 3: Okay, club kids, we are back in the studio with our hot, hot food. We are ready to try this out.
Speaker 1: Okay, y'all, Okay, here's the thing. What happens at Ripa's place. Okay, it's about having your friends over and sure, just making a big pot of something something not that fancy, but of course you can make something a little fancy. So what I made was Kicks Brooks from Brooks and done his ribs, which was basically kind of a brown sugar paprika rib.
Speaker 3: Okay, wait, I'm trying the Pento beans.
Speaker 1: And then I did the pento beans, which whose recipe are these are great? Honestly, I thought the Pento beans were kind of my favorite thing. I feel like they fucking laughed.
Speaker 3: So what's in your there's onion.
Speaker 1: It's onion, bacon, carrot, homemade chicken broth, and penta beans. I kind of just did that for like an hour.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, the ribs are They're good. They're not quite as sweet as I was worried they would be.
Speaker 1: No, they're actually like her rub was pretty spicy. It was like, it's not that much heat though, No, but I meanly compared to what it's not.
Speaker 3: So you did a nice job on them, thank you. They're super succulent.
Speaker 1: And of course the recipe was for like a smoker, which sadly I do not have at my disposal at this moment. So I just did really low in the oven for three hours after doing an hour with the rub and the fridge.
Speaker 3: Wait, is this forr cornbread recipe? That was like so crazy? Yes, honestly corn muffin mix, and like.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it's not that one, because that one was crazy where one.
Speaker 3: Of her cornbread recipies was like corn.
Speaker 1: Corn muffin mix from like Jiffy or something. Yeah, and like Hamburger.
Speaker 3: This was like gradina that looks and American cheese.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: And I almost made that because I was like, this looks fucking crazy, and I suggested.
Speaker 3: That the corn bread's fine, but it's a little no.
Speaker 1: I agree. I don't think her corn bread recipe is all fat. It's dry. It's not that sweet.
Speaker 3: It needs to be sweet.
Speaker 1: It's a little okatoca. In this way, it feels a little more like this is a plane's recipe, like from Daddy. Okay, got to try the mac. The mac. Let's talk about the recipe of the mac is it's like Velvy the cream cheese.
Speaker 3: It is tasty, it's slutty and stupid because it is cheese, and I like the ritz Cracker on topic, it's super fun. I think ultimately the flavor of Elvida for me is I do prefer just the flavor. There is real cheese in here too. There's like a right chet.
Speaker 1: Let me take another bite here, honestly, and me, I'm really impressed even by your work here.
Speaker 3: I think it's my boyfriend made the mac cheese. So what I did with her fried bon sandwich, okay, because we had had this amazing fried baloney sandwich at.
Speaker 1: Roberts Roster World right on Broadway. And if you listen to our Patreon and thank God for those of y'all that subscribe to it, because we wouldn't be here, we wouldn't be here alive, we wouldn't be buying these ribs without you. So Roberts they do a fried bloney sandwich. They are called the Recession Specials. That's frad baloney and then just lettuce tomato and then on buttered bread fret again like a grilled cheese.
Speaker 3: So what I do for this one? So I go to the supermarket and I was like, do you have because she calls for smoked baloney? And I was like, do you have smoked bolooney? And he was like, all I have is beef balooney. And I was a little like, oh, is that gonna be weird and kind of like dark and have this like kind of unctious flavor that I'm not looking for flavor. But he gave me a little sample. It tasted totally fine, and I was like, great, cut it thick. So he cuts me these like half inch thick slices of boloney, which frankly, honestly, I think I should have gotten them even thicker.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: And then you make a barbecue sauce that was really quite good.
Speaker 1: Which, so she has tons of barbecue sauce recipies in here, and one of them is a cheery coke barbecue sauce rusby which I didn't do.
Speaker 3: It was not that one. It's a spicy hot barbecue sauce. Okay, so it's corn syrup, tomato paste, white vinegar like hot sauce tomato juice, Worcester. Sure. She also keeps saying granulated onion in this book instead of onion powder and granulate garlic. I'm a little bit like, is that just like a weird AI thing that happened at some point? Yeah? Is that a or is granulated onion different than onion powder? And I'm stupid?
Speaker 1: Or is she talking about like is it more just like old fashioned to be like you're granulated girl.
Speaker 3: Like like, and that's what they call it an over? But then sometimes she'll refer to a powder here and there. I am so I thought that barbacue sauce was super tasty. I have a ton of it at home, and I will say corn syrup is like such a creepy substance.
Speaker 1: Well, it's weird to just buy a straight up corn.
Speaker 3: Syrup of like when it comes out of the thing, you're like, oh, this is not supposed to be eaten, Like it looks like an evil chemical substance that you used to make a bomb.
Speaker 1: It's also weird because on the package it says, I love the res Oh my god, thank you kicks. And for those of you all at home who think, oh, I don't have a grill or I don't have a smoker, like literally just low and slow in the oven, like you can do it at home.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh wait, we finish my store up out the bolooney sandwich. So I toasted my potato butns and butter just like face down on the pan, and then the leftover residual butter in the pan is when I used to fry the baloney. Then I put a little bit of barbecue sauce on the blooney at the last minute of frying. Then Christ, bitch, you put on her creamy colts law, and then more barbecue sauce on top of the blooney when you put on the button. The coleslaw was also really good. Okay. So one thing about this book is that every time she calls for manage, she puts in parentheses dukes. I love dukes, and I've been saying recently that I feel like there's some weird conspiracy anywhere. Suddenly everyone's talking about dukes everywhere I look, and I feel like I'm seeing so many like greater bonappetite people be just like oh, and by the way, it's gotta be dukes.
Speaker 1: And oh, Jukes is my favorite.
Speaker 3: Well, I was like, when did this start?
Speaker 1: This goes with ranch too. In the last five or so years, it's now like hip and Indie to like ranch and mayonnaise. Right before it was so like white people like mayonnaise the top of the ification of like being hot.
Speaker 3: Totally that I would say like more predicting Trump's whin that everyone is like fetishizing like southern culture like for the past few years.
Speaker 1: But I think it makes people feel like also like cooler for having a brand of mayonnaise that they like.
Speaker 3: Right and knowing that it's not just homonds like devowering is ReBs right now. Anyway, as much as I've been.
Speaker 1: I do qps of Japanese.
Speaker 3: Everyone's been random for living dukes. It actually is really good.
Speaker 1: Are this podcast? We love Dukes?
Speaker 3: I was like, wait a minute, it like is better?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, someone divide cheese. I also loved the ritz crackers on top of it.
Speaker 3: I think if I were to do it again, I like the cream cheese, the sourness that the cream.
Speaker 1: Cheese, yeah, the tartness.
Speaker 3: What I would do is I just wouldn't use the volpito.
Speaker 1: I don't think you need the velveta. It makes it naughty. But it's like with regular cheese and flour and milk, you can make a cheese sauce.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So interesting fact about velvet It was developed by a US government.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think I knew that what to like send to like Korea.
Speaker 3: I think just to like few people in the Great Depression or something. But it's like basically now it's only available in parts of the world where there's like an intense US military present. So it's like you can get it in like Panama and like Japan and like South Korea and like right in.
Speaker 1: A sam Way. It's like this fifties army overall y'all about this cookbook is like it honestly, yes, we're eating these Southern favorites. It's really actually not as naughty as you think. Like there are a lot of recipes that are just like chicken thighs with vegetables or like, I mean, we haven't even talked about they look boring, and it's a little bit like so random because you're like, this is the most normal recipe that I'm making every week for my sons. It literally is just like chickens well with carrots.
Speaker 3: It's like judition. It should be like our neighbor Susie, like her husband always makes this chicken and pepper's for his sons, And you're like, okay, I almost made that, like bread and chicken with like a lemon vinegrete a ugal. This is so and that.
Speaker 1: Is like when her neighbor comes over and it's the most just like New York Times recue of it all. Yeah, and what y'all may not know either is right now, our iHeart Studios are across the street from her favorite restaurant, Quality Bestrop, which we've never.
Speaker 3: Gone to her list of restaurants on.
Speaker 1: Fifty five Not to Dos Ourselves.
Speaker 3: I remember that it was her favorite restaurant. For some reason, I'm always thinking about her being like, wait, so the meats are really good.
Speaker 1: There, yeah, and so she says it. So I also last week made her limestone gap old fashioned. So the limestone gap is like where she like lives in Oklahoma, And basically it's like cinnamon simple syrup and whiskey.
Speaker 3: Why did she say it needs to be like twenty four hours in advance.
Speaker 1: And I didn't do that. So I made a cinnamon simple syrup. And then the recipe is like, okay, now put the simple syrup in the fridge for like forty eight hours, then make your old fashion and I was like, girl, not that fancy. I don't have the time right.
Speaker 3: And I don't understand what that accomplishes.
Speaker 1: I'm sure maybe it like gets thicker.
Speaker 3: Or like you did the cinnamons. Do you put cinnamon and sugar?
Speaker 1: Did cinnamon sticks sugar water? Left that boil?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: And then I put in the fridge for like twenty minutes, and then I did whiskey on rocks and then I did like a spoonful of the cinnamon simple syrup and I was like, wait, this is so good. I love the kick of the cinnamon. And then I added more and then it made it too sweet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I kind of you gotta be careful with an old fashioned.
Speaker 1: It's all about precise measurements really precise. But her favorite whiskey is Blantons, which we just discovered in Nashville.
Speaker 3: Which I love. And if you listen to the Vipe dot com sash CBC The Pond, you can hear us talk about all the whiskies we tried in Nashville, including Beyonce is with Sir Davos and you'll have to subscribe to hear what we.
Speaker 1: Thought about speaking of cocktails. I just think it is so cute how she's just being like, I took such a risk doing the Kristen wig any Mimlo movie Barbon Star because they didn't.
Speaker 3: That she had a cameo in. It's like, how's that risk?
Speaker 1: No, That's what's so insane about her. It's like in Reba's mind, she's like, this is an insane risk because this is just like a comedy from the Bridesmaids.
Speaker 3: She thought it was such a risk for her to do like drag as Colonel Sanders for like a CMA PROI my.
Speaker 1: Favorite part of this book, wait, let's and let me pull up though, let's read it. Okay, but in the Southern community, as I'm calling it, like I guess for her to be a drag king like and to take on such an iconic man, it.
Speaker 3: Was so.
Speaker 1: Right, and I remember.
Speaker 3: Remember I was like, oh my god, rest trance.
Speaker 1: Okay, read this part.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: It was a risk to appears the first ever female Colonel Sanders for Kentucky Fried Chicken. When KFC approached me, I wasn't sure about it. I didn't know my fans would like it. I asked just about everyone around me if I should do it. Some people said yes and some said no. But when Aaron Spalding said it would be really cool, I went with that my gut and signed on. They even added fringe to Colonel Sanders' famous white suit just for me. The scripts were funny and it looks like a heck of a lot of fun So I said, yes, I'm so glad I did. It was a hoot her being like they theemmed the Colonel Sanders.
Speaker 3: All too got a Southern fried a little bit, add a little rape to it.
Speaker 1: You gotta take a risk.
Speaker 3: And like she looks.
Speaker 1: Good, she looks like really good.
Speaker 3: Like she's like she's not so drag where she's like no, it's like kind of there's brows, yes, there is, Yeah, has the mustache. She's kind of been like twink Death, like Colonel Sanders.
Speaker 1: You know, it is really like Twinkie, la gay guy that owns like kind of an oddities like high skill furniture shop. Maybe, So that was her risk. And then she's being like, it was a huge risk to be at the end of Barbon Star because they didn't advertise my name because they wanted to be a surprise, right, She's like, and that really paid off. And I remember watching that film and when Riba was at the end as a mermaid A sorry spoiler alert, I was like, hilarious, A threeba.
Speaker 3: You're just like the resk paid off because you were watching the whole movie being like, where's Reba.
Speaker 1: It was just a fun surprise, right, I'm not waiting.
Speaker 3: For you know what? Else was a risk when she went out for the role of June on Young Sheldon, which is where okay, she knew her current husband from before they had actually met. While filming Kenny Rodgers movie The Gambler Returns in nineteen ninety one, I was playing Burgundy Jones and Rex had a bit part riding a horse into the saloon yelling yeeha can touch After realizing we had a mutual friend, ed Gaylord. We instantly bonded over living in Oklahoma. We kept in touch occasionally. When Ed told me Rex his mom had passed away in nineteen ninety eight, I called to offer my condolences to see how he would do, and we talked for twenty five or thirty minutes, and again we were thirty.
Speaker 1: It's like, this is an insane deeds. I put it in a cookbook.
Speaker 3: You can talk between twenty five and thirty minutes after his mom passed away in nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, And she's like, I'm gonna send him one of my famous bath bomb baskets.
Speaker 3: And this is all leading up to the recipe for tater tots because he calls her Tater Top.
Speaker 1: Because once after they wrapped filming, I guess, like young Sheldon, they all went out and then she's like, and then my tour manager said, let's go to my wine bar. Then there was appetizers actually served up the wine bar, and I said, let's do the tat toss. And from then on he calls me to Top and I call him sugar Talk.
Speaker 3: So then the rest of you for tater tots is pretty iconic of Tater tots. All right, y'all, let's not mesh around. One, get in your car, two, draft to Sonic, three, order the tots. Four, just be happy.
Speaker 1: And it's an amazing photo her just holding a container of Sonic Tater tots.
Speaker 3: Put to the tots.
Speaker 1: That is the one thing I wish I had tried. I've never had sonic. I remember there's randomly one in Union Square. But I'm like, if I'm gonna go to a sonic, I want to go to like Union Square. There used to be on fourteenth between like Union Square and six.
Speaker 3: There's a song in that, like nurs, like the journeys and like the.
Speaker 1: Foot Yeah, in the midst of the journeys. I don't know what's there anymore. No, there's one day there.
Speaker 3: Was, I don't think. So, okay, you are mistaken.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, let's agree to.
Speaker 3: Take their ginko beloba.
Speaker 1: Let's agree to disagree. Because here's the thing about friend Okay, don't let see little little things come between you friendship.
Speaker 3: You have to have their back.
Speaker 1: And she says, I heard her friend Marcy. They do such fun things together. They went balloon shooting, and then Marcy straight up just shot her leg. We had a laugh.
Speaker 3: See okay, I love the board where she goes. My go to movies and TV shows. These are some of my favorite films and TV shows. But characters, you'll never forget. A great script, like a great song, it's what people relate to. Like this is a little bit like this speech they give at like the oscars before they're like introducing like best Adapted Screenplay. You can watch anything on this list time and time again. It'll only get better with every viewing. And then it's this long list of just like kind of generic movies and TV shows, but them that she's in.
Speaker 1: She's like Big Yellow Sky. She's like Young Sheldon.
Speaker 3: Young Sheldon, the sound of music writers of the Lost arc Tremors. Riba just the last one is just her show, Riba.
Speaker 1: Oh and by the way, of course, she's like ted Lasso. She's so ted Laso because it's such a positive show with like little pranks. Well, what Riba likes doing on date nights or family knights is curling, getting her pajs, get a blanket, okay, make a pineapple infused rum mohito, and curl up with your love bug and just watch Okay, she is amazing.
Speaker 3: You put It's Complicated on them because that is such a good movie you could watch over and over again.
Speaker 1: With your family or just with a loved one.
Speaker 3: Nancy Meyer's classic.
Speaker 1: Real Classic. Okay, she is an amazing party tip that I took from this that I think is genius. No, don't let the night fade out and things with a bang. With a final activity or a treat like s'mores around the fire pit or fresh warm cookies to go taken bake from the grocery store works just fine. Sometimes we'll close out a party with a sing along with the guitar piano. Just like a good show. You always want them to leave wanted more.
Speaker 3: That is a really good thing because I do think classic party wise, the party does fade and then there's the stragglers are.
Speaker 1: Like, way, like, let's have one more people.
Speaker 3: Who aren't getting the message, and you're kind of like, babe.
Speaker 1: Babe, let's go. So if you do this kind of final big blowout, whether it's cookies or another type of cookie, if you know what I'm saying, oh disgusting, so good question, or a sing along, you know, then everyone's like, oh, buy y'all and they get in their big SUVs and go yeah, like some sort of like punctuation.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know what that would be in the context of like a house.
Speaker 1: Parties same because it's like the way.
Speaker 3: She describes like this whole section, it's very much like for a suburban or rural home where she's like, don't stress over decorations, like throw down a few tablecloths, phil a few mason jars with flowers or branches from your yard. Add some battery powered remote control candles on your steps or line in a path.
Speaker 1: The battery part.
Speaker 3: And I'm just like, Okay, the battery powered candle is on the pathway, and I'm getting these branches in the yard. What about those of us in urban setting? And then she's like, have some sunscreen and bugs, very options available for everyone. Lot some citianella candles to keep pests away, keep blankets handy in a basket outdoors for a brisk fall night.
Speaker 1: Well that's like this big fire. And like everyone's huge glasses that you're swirling of yours. She calls them margaritas. She has a name for her margaritas that are called redheaded ribas. And then she goes as I'll have to call them margarita.
Speaker 3: But it's like we already named it, so you're.
Speaker 1: Renaming it again. Yeah, I don't know exactly what, because I feel like if I do an activity during let's say a holiday party, that's actually kind of more towards the middle of.
Speaker 3: Well, let's think about your holiday party last year. You have the gift exchange things.
Speaker 1: That was actually two years ago. You had a holiday part last year, Tom flush.
Speaker 3: Oh right too, and we didn't do competing parties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you were like part and I was like, have it. I would love to attend.
Speaker 3: And there's like cut to meat panicking, just like drilling Trillian holes, plastering my walls.
Speaker 1: So we got a white elephant gifts exchance. That was so fun and hilarious. But I feel like that was kind of the middle of the party.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was.
Speaker 1: It'd be weird if I was like, get the fuck out right after.
Speaker 3: That's what I like about, like the s'more songs of it all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it has to be out of suburbans are good.
Speaker 3: Okay. So I was recently at my aunt's eightieth birthday party in.
Speaker 1: San Francisco, not that fancy.
Speaker 3: And it was not that fancy, but there was like a sing along to old just like sixties folks songs, and it was like so cute and lesbian. But it was that was towards the end of the party.
Speaker 1: Okay, and it was kind of circle game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, circle game, like Bob Dylan Dylan, and there was like someone had a guitar and like after that people did trickle out and like it wasn't so like we're kicking it out, but like it was a nice kind of like pin on it. And then I'm thinking, like, I feel like my parents are always having like caroling at the end of their like holiday parties, like gathered round the piano, being so nineteen forties.
Speaker 1: And everyone was being like singing and who's playing.
Speaker 3: My dad was like playing piano and then they were like a grown ups would be like singing too.
Speaker 1: Have you ever caroled?
Speaker 3: Oh, like condor like a complete psychopaths not to pry. No, that's so scary.
Speaker 1: I've like been in someone's house and had carollers come someone else's house and was like in Belmon Mass of course, and it's so fucking freaky.
Speaker 3: And like buzzy everyone's apartment in the building and.
Speaker 1: You show up and you're just like jingle bells. Jingle bells.
Speaker 3: Yeah, should we bring it back?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, let's go so like song.
Speaker 3: Could be good, like maybe there could be like.
Speaker 1: Or a dessert like having been like whoo now s'mores are like whoa, okay, now here's the Sunday bar.
Speaker 3: Wow, Okay, that's involved. I'm wheeling on the Sunday bar on my that's to.
Speaker 1: Put a pin in it. Actually, at my gathering of ladies last night over for Reba's ribs, we did actually end up with a bunch of ice cream. So we just brought out all the pants and just a spoon and after that, you know, we kind of chatted a bed.
Speaker 3: Wait, that is so cute. We're all going through something, whether it's a breakup or a marriage or well we need some ass cream, Grab a spoon. At Lily's place, there's always a spoon for you.
Speaker 1: Avocado segment.
Speaker 3: What does she ate?
Speaker 1: What does she?
Speaker 3: Where does she live?
Speaker 1: How does she live? Well, there's a beautiful photo in this book of a coffee table with all of her brass belt buckles, And I feel like it's very this custom western.
Speaker 3: I mean it's very just like a store in Nashville, and there's pendlets and blankets.
Speaker 1: Everywhere the case, but it's I think it's more downhome glue case.
Speaker 3: Long horns like on the wall longhorns.
Speaker 1: It's huge brown leather couches. It's photos of daddy, it's photos of Mama, it's a photo of her kids, her son Shelby Blackstock, who is a car racer turn real estate agent.
Speaker 3: I think that there is a lot of just dark, heavy wood, and there's a patina on everything, Like the kitchen cabinets have this faux patina on them. All of the coffee tables have this like faux patina.
Speaker 1: I feel like they're also like ombre, kind of like the lucasy boot. Like everything is like honey whiskey cut. Everything just the color of blanterns. And it's like this oak is actually from my ex's store in law's house, and I think in ok Token, we had it cut down because a critter got into the wood, so to save the wood, we had it turned into stool stumps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's very like I'm repurposing things, like, Okay, so all the knobs in my second garage are old belt buckles that daddy went rot barrel racing.
Speaker 1: It's a genius idea buckles as knobs.
Speaker 3: She's got like a heavy four poster high bud.
Speaker 1: Oh because Rex is doing the business.
Speaker 3: He's giving her that good Christian young Sheldon.
Speaker 1: Business, young Sheldon like business in the four poster and it's still shaken a little but a steady. And then he steps his big feet onto a pendleton blanket as he gets out of the four poster bed. Do you think her toilet like flusher is like a horn in the office bathroom?
Speaker 3: Yeah, in one of the KOOKI your bathroom And.
Speaker 1: She's like, isn't that silly? That is a gift from Chris Blanton. He's my ex A and R person for Columbia. But we still get along through the faith of God.
Speaker 3: Okay, wait her New York City RECs. Okay, what does she hate? Let's get into it. These are her New York City recommendations. Scaleina tael A Restaurante. This ton of intimate Italian restaurant is tucked away below the street on the upper east side. The hand you menu with their regular features, but the server will rattle off a ton of daily specials and can customize your meal however you want it.
Speaker 1: Literally describing is so it's a Brinton menu, but then server's gonna have all these Italian things to say, like baroda salad and chi.
Speaker 3: I'd like to customize my meal. Tratoria de larte. This Italian restaurant has the biggest antipasto bar I've ever seen and the best thing crossed pizza. Then she goes Maria, which is like so expensive.
Speaker 1: She loves Italian, which is like.
Speaker 3: Full two starts, but then she says Sarah Beeth that like cheesy chain on the embray side.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's so like where you go to tea and a so gossip girl. She's cheesy, and then of course quality. I think Riba is eating a lot of salads and probably like chicken and vegetables, and then like really going wild at like she loves Italian, but I don't think she's having like a huge pasta. She's like going wild for like roasted red peppers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what does she wear?
Speaker 1: What does she wear? And like, well, she's actually not QC. She's Dillard.
Speaker 3: Sorry, okay, And when she's doing she has the Dillard sign and that whole thing where she was like and when Dillard's first sent me some of their designs. I said, these aren't going to work. I can't put myself behind these designs.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, that's what I'm saying. She's not gonna just put her name on any damn Dillard's poncho.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean she loves is so pancho and loose and like bell sleeved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's bell sleeves. She's flair, she's friends, she's swayed, she's.
Speaker 3: Boots boots down.
Speaker 1: And also like this pancho she's wearing on the cover is like asymmetrical at the bottom.
Speaker 3: I think that's just because she's holding it up a little bit, and it's kind of she's kind she's a standing contraposter her favorite word. Okay, here's my question. Does she wear a wig regularly? And is her hair and every one of these photos a wig?
Speaker 1: I think yes, And I kind of think her hair is when it was short on Reba when she had her kind of just like I'm a busy mom, single mom of two kids. Yeah, because the hair doesn't the way it moves is really wig wigish. Yeah, and now like she's become her hair is almost taken over her with the identity. Yeah, grabs a wig wear's my wig.
Speaker 3: No, and then she needs it and she wears what it would be like, I do like that thing about where she was like she cut her hair short for like her second album or something, and then they were like, you can't reveal the short hair until the album drops, so she had to wear a wig. That's so the top model, yeah, until like the promotional cycle could be like a now ordering short hair and short album, but it was probably just that album won six Grammys. Hello, so she's won three Grammys and of course her career I was on her Wikipedia. She has won an award every year since nineteen eighty four until the present.
Speaker 1: That's insane, some sort of just some award, whether it be like from the Firefighter's Reliance.
Speaker 3: Or CMT like music video of honoring her, yeah, legends.
Speaker 1: Or she's like a one an Emmy for like Best Visual Song to the intro to Young.
Speaker 3: Sheldon absolutely winning Best Visual Song.
Speaker 1: Okay who are you in the book?
Speaker 3: Okay are you this photo of the hallepeni Oter.
Speaker 1: I mean you know what I think we are.
Speaker 3: We're like every photo of for sipping a tea, like making direct eye contact with a camera.
Speaker 1: I mean this actually wouldn't happen to us where It's like her and Marci are in Barbados and they ordered to teas a Stas because of course they love tea. Well, the tea they thought it was nasty, but it got them giggling. Turns out it was Long Island nasty and they're like, we didn't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think we'd be drinking like five alcohols and not know. We fucking love alcohol. We know, didn't it a mile away?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: But I mean, obviously we're actually so mercy and like Shane, like black Stock or whatever. We're like surprising her in Nashville.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm also Carolyn's panco and Parmesan crusted chicken with lemon vinagretta rugola salad.
Speaker 1: No, you are like the girl dinner of this, and I'm the whoever's in New England mule I think muleing.
Speaker 3: Now all right, well, Reba, your cookbook was actually surprisingly tasty, and I do feel like I did maybe absolutely destroy the Link bathroom today.
Speaker 1: Because of it. No, I will say, do I feel maybe like I need to go in some sort of clans this week? A little? But also it was Sunday and it was not that fancy.
Speaker 3: Okay, thea though, I actually would make that again. I would make that for like a barbecue.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: In the coles it had like kale and carrots and a cabbage.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. It was actually kind of healthy.
Speaker 3: And it was kind Yeah, it was like tanging healthy and bombing. The proportions were really like right on it, Like it wasn't creamy in like a sludgie way. It was actually crazy a fresh.
Speaker 1: I think like her rib Risbee was good. I think the pento beans recipe was really good. And looking through I was like, I would make a lot of this stuff, and I feel like it's really good to have in your back pocket, like party cookbook. Yes, honestly what we call a back park pocket party pocket party cookbook.
Speaker 3: Crust Chicken.
Speaker 1: I'm given this. I'll say I'm giving it four belt Buckle coffee tables out of five because I love the random, super random.
Speaker 3: I'm giving it for Luke Casey Boots out of five. I'm deducting points for the insane organization of this book, where it's like, if you wanted a recipe.
Speaker 1: Like it's fancy, he wants to organize a book.
Speaker 3: It's like you wouldn't be able to find you. Like, that's my problem with the I'm like, oh, what if I want to make like a Riba salad or like a Reba meat dish. It's like, well, good luck, bitch, You're gonna have to read the entire book to find it.
Speaker 1: You know the amount of times this week where I kept like flipping through and being like, wait, where's the ribs again?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And her niece is named Blue.
Speaker 3: Casey, which is insane.
Speaker 1: And she also has a good another nephew named Lake. Oh. I wrote down Chelsea Mason, Lake, River, Remington, Lukesey.
Speaker 3: Those are some of the nieces Niece a'clock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, y'all just listen to him.
Speaker 3: Listen to him.
Speaker 1: Because if she says all I've had in this life is because of God, you just got.
Speaker 3: To listen and rat a letter to a friend who has experienced loss. Have a game night in your pjs with your good gals.
Speaker 1: Don't stuff your boots.
Speaker 3: Best.
Speaker 5: This episode of Book of Stephen, when Lily was produce meditive by Auburn Masters supervising producer or a Boo Zafar executive producers, a little cowgirl named Christina Everett.
Speaker 1: Engineering is done by Big Dog by Hed Fraser. The artwork is uh done by Teddy Blanks. That means a lot because I don't really know the art scene much. Stephen Phillip's horse, who is electronic music artist. My daughter tells me did the theme song. Again, I don't get it, but in school, I guess. This podcast was co created with ProLife Projects. If you want to join their Patreon, it's five bucks a month. You just pay five bucks patroon dot com sas steep to see the pod and you get for sexy uninhibited extra episode of a month. So have fun with that